时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Alan,I forgot my toothbrush.Can I use yours? | 艾伦 我忘了带我的牙刷 可以借用你的吗? |
[00:05] | Oh,dear Lord,no. | 噢天 不行 |
[00:08] | Do you have any idea how many bacteria | 你知道有多少细菌 |
[00:10] | can be transferred from mouth to mouth on a toothbrush? | 可以通过牙刷 在口和口之间传染 |
[00:12] | I don’t know.How many? | 我不知道 有多少? |
[00:14] | Okay,I don’t know the actual amount… | 好吧 我不知道确切的数字 |
[00:16] | Then why’d you bring it up? | 那你为什么要说出来? |
[00:20] | Poor judgment. | 判断失误 |
[00:21] | The point is,sharing these things is a bad idea. | 关键是 共用这些东西是一个坏习惯 |
[00:24] | Are you saying you don’t want your toothbrush in my mouth,’cause,Alan… | 你是说你不希望我用你的牙刷吗?因为 艾伦… |
[00:28] | I know,I know. | 我知道 我知道 |
[00:30] | I get the hypocrisy.Just…just humor me. | 我明白其中的虚伪 就迁就我一下吧 |
[00:33] | Okay,I have,um… | 好吧 我有 嗯 |
[00:34] | I have hard,medium or soft bristles. | 我有硬的 中等的 和软的牙刷头 |
[00:37] | Uh,I have straight or curved handles, | 直的和弯的手把 |
[00:39] | and,uh,for your flossing needs, | 还有 如果你要剔牙 |
[00:41] | I have,uh,waxed,mint-waxed,unwaxed, | 我有 上过腊的 薄荷腊 和没上过腊的 |
[00:45] | and if you’re feeling especially adventurous, | 如果你想尝试一些特別的 |
[00:46] | may I suggest the cinnamon? | 我建议你试一下这个肉桂口味的 |
[00:49] | Maybe I’ll just wait till I get home. | 我看还是等我回到家再刷好了 |
[00:51] | No,no,no,no,no,no. | 不不不不不不 |
[00:53] | One day you skip brushing,and before you know it, | 你一天没有刷牙 在你意识到之前 |
[00:54] | your teeth rot away and you’re begging strangers to start your apple. | 你的牙齿已经开始腐烂 你正在邀请一些未知生物帮你吃苹果 |
[00:58] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[00:59] | I’ll take the pink one. | 我要粉红的那支 |
[01:02] | I always wondered,what’s the little rubber thing at the end for? | 我一直很好奇 尾巴上那一点点小橡胶是干吗用的 |
[01:05] | Oh,it’s to massage your gums. | 哦 那是按摩你的齿龈用的 |
[01:07] | Oh.I thought it might be an eraser… | 哦 我曾经以为那可能是一块橡皮 |
[01:11] | but who writes when they’re brushing their teeth? | 但是谁会在刷牙的时候写作 |
[01:15] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[01:18] | What’s the matter? | 怎么了 |
[01:19] | Oh,nothing.Well,I kind of have to pee. | -哦 没事 -嗯我觉得我想尿尿 |
[01:22] | Go ahead. | 尿吧 |
[01:23] | Oh,no,no,I’ll wait till you’re finished. | 哦 不不 还是等你刷完 |
[01:26] | Are you shy about peeing in front of me, | 你是不好意思在我面前尿尿吗 |
[01:28] | -’cause,Alan.. -Again,I get the hypocrisy. | -因为 艾伦… -再一次 我明白其中的虚伪 |
[01:31] | I just think it’s important to keep a little mystery in a relationship. | 我只是觉得在交往之中 保持一点神秘感是很重要的 |
[01:35] | It’s just peeing,Alan. | 只是尿尿而已 艾伦 |
[01:36] | Not necessarily. | 不一定 |
[01:38] | Um,sometimes when a man urinates, | 有时当一个男人尿尿 |
[01:41] | other muscles see that as a green light to relax. | 其他肌肉 会当作看到绿灯一样放松下来 |
[01:45] | So you’ve never peed in front of a girl? | 所以你从来没有在一个女孩面前尿过 |
[01:47] | Uh,well,my ex-wife,but,uh, | 嗯 我的前妻 但是 嗯 |
[01:48] | after six,seven years of marriage,who gives a damn anymore? | 结婚6 7年之后谁还在乎 |
[01:52] | Okay.I’ll brush out here. | 好吧 我出去刷 |
[01:55] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[01:59] | Ouch! | 哦哟 |
[02:00] | What? | 怎么了 |
[02:01] | One of my teeth hurts when I brush it. | 我刷牙的时候 有一颗牙很痛 |
[02:03] | When was the last time you saw a dentist? | 你上一次见牙医是什么时候 |
[02:05] | Alan,I see people all the time.They don’t always tell you what they do. | 艾伦 我一直见到人 他们不会总是告诉你他们是干吗的 |
[02:12] | Hey,are you…are you done?’Cause I got to rinse. | 嘿 你完了没有 我要漱口了 |
[02:16] | No,I… | 没有 我 |
[02:18] | I can’t go when I know you’re listening. | 我知道你在听的时候 尿不出来 |
[02:20] | Would it help if I sang the pee-pee song? | 如果我唱嘘嘘歌会对你有帮助吗 |
[02:24] | Uh,the what? | 什么歌? |
[02:25] | My mom used to sing it to me. | 我妈妈以前对我唱的 |
[02:27] | * Tinkle,tinkle,little star * | * 一闪 一闪 亮晶晶 * |
[02:29] | * In the potty,not the car * | * 对准尿壶 別对车 * |
[02:32] | * Up above the bowl so high * | * 离开尿壶高一点 * |
[02:35] | -* Like the raindrops in the sky…* -Hey,hey,it’s working! | -就像雨水从天降 -嘿 嘿 这个管用 |
[02:41] | Oops,green light. | 要死 绿灯 |
[02:57] | Okay,okay,stop,stop,stop. | 好了 好了 停 停停 |
[03:00] | -Should I try it again? -Uh,not yet. | 我要再来一次吗 嗯 再等等 |
[03:02] | Okay,now. | 好 现在 |
[03:03] | Okay,stop,stop,stop,stop. | 好了 停 停停停 |
[03:06] | Morning. | 早上好 |
[03:08] | -Morning -Morning,Charlie! | -早上好 -早上好 查理 |
[03:10] | Need any help? | 需要帮忙吗 |
[03:12] | Do you know how to get a 1981 Plymouth Duster moving? | 你知道怎么让一个1981年的 普利茅斯的德斯特动起来吗 |
[03:15] | Yeah, | 当然 |
[03:16] | yank out the eight-track and push it off a cliff. | 把八声道音响扯出来 然后推入悬崖完事 |
[03:20] | You’re useless. | 你真没用 |
[03:22] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[03:24] | Hey,you got a little grease on your face. | 嘿 你脸上有点油渍 |
[03:25] | Where? | 哪里 |
[03:27] | Cheek. | 脸颊 |
[03:29] | Did I get it? | 好了吗 |
[03:31] | Mm,no,there’s some more. | 嗯 没 还有点 |
[03:33] | Now? | 现在 |
[03:34] | Little on your forehead. | 前额上还有点 |
[03:37] | Yeah? | 好了 |
[03:38] | Perfect. | 完美了 |
[03:39] | Now sing “Swanee River.” | 现在唱 “史瓦尼河” |
[03:42] | Alan,should I try it again? | 艾伦 我要再试一次吗 |
[03:44] | Uh,no.I’m going to call Triple-A. | 不用了 我准备打电话给AAA [美国汽车协会] |
[03:46] | Good. | 好的 |
[03:47] | No sense drinking over this. | 没必要”喝”这么多 |
[03:58] | You must be so proud. | 你一定很为她骄傲 |
[04:00] | Hey,hey,she may not be sophisticated,but she’s street smart. | 嘿 嘿 她确实心无城府 但她很机灵 |
[04:04] | Sesame Street smart. | 像”鸡”那么灵 |
[04:07] | Just leave it alone. | 你別管 |
[04:08] | Let me ask you something. | 让我问你点事情 |
[04:10] | Have you stopped to consider the long-term cost | 你有没有想过和这么个年轻女孩交往 |
[04:13] | -of a relationship with a girl that young? -Charlie,it’s a free tow. | -所带来的长期费用? -查理 只是一次免费拖车而已 |
[04:16] | Oh,sure,that’s how it always starts with a free tow… | 当然 每次都是从一次免费拖车开始的 |
[04:19] | but who’s going to pay to fix the car after it’s towed? | 但是拖车之后 谁来付钱修车? |
[04:22] | -Um.. -“Um” is right,my dim-witted friend, | -嗯 -嗯就对了 我的弱智朋友 |
[04:27] | and that’s just the beginning. | 而且这只是开始 |
[04:29] | Girls like Kandi need all kinds of stuff, | 像康迪这样的女孩需要各种各样的东西 |
[04:31] | and the only way they can pay for it is through horny morons like you. | 她们买东西的唯一办法 就是勾搭像你这样的老色鬼 |
[04:35] | So her car breaks down,and I should just dump her? | 所以她的车坏了 而我应该就这样拋弃她 |
[04:38] | This is a short-term relationship,right? | 这是一个短期的关系 对吗 |
[04:39] | -I don’t know.. -Trust me,it’s a short-term relationship. | -我不知道 -相信我这是一个短期的关系 |
[04:42] | I mean,Kandi’s not the brightest bulb in the chandelier,but | 我是说 康迪确实不是吊灯上 最亮[聪明]的那个灯泡 |
[04:45] | even she’s going to wake up one day and wonder what she’s doing shacked up | 但就算是她 也会有那么一天 一觉醒来蓦然自问 |
[04:49] | with a penniless putz who’s twice her age. | 怎么会和一个年龄比她大两倍的 性无能同居 |
[04:51] | Kandi’s not like that. | 康迪不会这样的 |
[04:53] | Just wait. | 等着瞧吧 |
[04:54] | Your first minor stroke, | 你小中风一次 |
[04:55] | and she’ll be boinking the cardiologist before you can scrawl | 她就会搞上你的心脏病医生 |
[04:58] | “What happened?” on your notepad. | 而你在旁只能在笔记本上 勉强写下「发生什么事了」 |
[05:04] | Okay, | 好吧 |
[05:05] | for the sake of argument,let’s say you’re right.What’s your point? | 別争了 就算你说的都对 你想说明什么 |
[05:09] | My point is, | 我想说明的是 |
[05:10] | you don’t dry clean a rented tuxedo. | 你不会去干洗借来的燕尾服 |
[05:12] | You don’t redecorate a hotel room.You don’t order cable for a port-a-potty… | 你不会重新装潢旅馆的房间 你不会在移动厕所里想看有线电视 |
[05:17] | unless you’re really,really drunk. | 除非 你真的醉得不省人事 |
[05:19] | And you don’t take on the bills | 你也不用去为一个 |
[05:21] | of a girl that’s got the attention span of a monkey chewing on a fly swatter. | 像猴子对苍蝇拍一样三分钟热度的女孩 付帐单 |
[05:26] | Okay,I appreciate your… | 好的 我感谢你的… |
[05:28] | how shall I describe it… | 如何措辞呢 |
[05:30] | compassionate advice, | 慈悲为怀的建议 |
[05:32] | but all I’m doing here | 但是我现在 |
[05:34] | is arranging for a free tow for a friend. | 只是要帮我的朋友安排一次免费拖车 |
[05:41] | Alan,I don’t think the engine’s flooded anymore. | 艾伦 我觉得引擎不溢流了 |
[05:47] | -Fire extinguisher? -Under the sink. | -灭火器? -水槽下面 |
[05:59] | Hey,you know,if you don’t hurry up,you’ll be late for school. | 你要知道 再不快点 你上学就要迟到了 |
[06:01] | I don’t mind. | 没关系 |
[06:02] | Okay,well,that takes the pressure off. | 好的 太好了 这样就不用急了 |
[06:04] | How come my dad’s not bringing me? | 为什么我的爸爸不来接我 |
[06:06] | -He’s helping Kandi get her car fixed -Aw,geez. | -他在帮康迪修她的车 -哦 天那 |
[06:09] | And him already broker than a headless hooker. | 他已经比一个无知妓女都穷了 |
[06:13] | Hey,how come my mom hates Kandi? | 嘿 我的妈妈怎么会讨厌康迪 |
[06:16] | What gave you the idea that she hates her? | 你怎么知道你妈妈讨厌她 |
[06:19] | ‘Cause she says so… | 因为她是这么说的 |
[06:21] | a lot. | 常常 |
[06:23] | All right. | 好吧 |
[06:24] | Why do you think? | 你觉得呢 |
[06:26] | I don’t know.She’s pretty,she’s fun,and Dad seems real happy with her. | 我不知道 她漂亮 风趣 而且看来爸爸和她在一起时非常快乐 |
[06:30] | Well,little man,you just answered your own question. | 好吧 孩子 你回答了你自己的问题 |
[06:34] | I did?What’d I say? | 我有吗 我说什么了 |
[06:36] | It’s like this. | 是这样的 |
[06:38] | You ever see a kid at school | 你有没有看过一个孩子在学校 |
[06:40] | who doesn’t like his lunch but he won’t let you have it,either? | 不喜欢他的午餐 但是他也不会给你吃 |
[06:42] | Oh,yeah.Russell Beasley. | 哦 当然 罗素·斯利 |
[06:44] | He’ll spit on his apple cobbler before he’ll let anybody else eat it. | 他会在苹果馅饼上面吐口水 然后才给別人吃 |
[06:48] | Well,this is pretty much the same deal, | 好吧 差不多了 |
[06:49] | except your mom is Russell Beasley, | 除了你妈妈就是罗素·贝斯利 |
[06:51] | and your dad is the spit-covered cobbler. | 而你爸爸是那个被吐过口水的馅饼 |
[06:55] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[06:57] | Even though your mom doesn’t want your dad, | 就算你妈妈不要你爸爸了 |
[06:59] | she doesn’t want Kandi to eat him,either. | 但是她也不想让康迪去吃他 |
[07:03] | Oh. | 哦 |
[07:04] | You know,I like cobbler with ice cream. | 知道吗 我喜欢馅饼配冰淇淋 |
[07:08] | Way to follow a train of thought. | 真是有逻辑的思维 |
[07:11] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[07:13] | Well,I guess we should go to school now,huh? | 好吧 我说我们现在该去学校了吧 |
[07:16] | Couldn’t hurt. | 无伤大雅 |
[07:18] | I’ll see if can find my books. | 我找找看我的书 |
[07:22] | Sweet kid. | 乖孩子 |
[07:23] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[07:25] | Shame he’ll never be anything more than a burden to society. | 可惜他只能成为社会的负担 |
[07:33] | Do you know a good lawyer,Alan? | 你认识好的律师吗 艾伦 |
[07:35] | No,but my ex-wife does. | 不 但是我的前妻认识 |
[07:38] | Why? | 为什么 |
[07:39] | ‘Cause I want to sue the guy who sold me that lemming. | 因为我想告卖给我那”浪货”的人 |
[07:44] | -You mean lemon -I do? | -你是说烂货? -是吗? |
[07:47] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[07:49] | Did you get any kind of a written guarantee when you bought it? | 你买的时候有什么书面保证吗 |
[07:53] | No,it was more of an oral agreement. | 没有 更像是某种口头合约 [oral 有口X意思] |
[08:01] | All right,Mr.Harper,I’ve looked at your daughter’s vehicle. | 好吧 哈珀先生 我看过你女儿的车了 |
[08:04] | she’s not my daughter. | 她 她不是我的女儿 |
[08:07] | Oh. | 哦 |
[08:09] | Good for you. | 真有你的 |
[08:12] | -Anyway,the prognosis looks rather bleak -I understand. | -好吧 评估的结果看来不是很乐观 -我理解 |
[08:16] | I mean,the vehicle was on fire. | 我的意思是 这车被烧过 |
[08:17] | I know. | 我知道 |
[08:19] | What is she like,21? | 她多大了 21 |
[08:23] | -Twenty-two -And a half. | -22岁 -半 |
[08:27] | Good for you. | 真有你的 |
[08:29] | Yeah,yeah,what about the car? | 是啊是啊 这车怎么了 |
[08:30] | Oh,the car?The car’s got to be 25,26 years old. | 哦 这车 这车应该有25 26年了吧 |
[08:35] | I mean,can it be fixed? | 我是说 还能修好吗? |
[08:36] | Anything can be fixed.Hell,they put a pig’s heart in my Uncle Vinnie. | 什么都可以修好 靠 他们放了一个猪心 在我叔叔文尼的身体里 |
[08:41] | How much? | 多少? |
[08:42] | All of it. | 整个 |
[08:47] | My Aunt Phyliss likes to call him the other white meat now. | 我婶婶菲莉斯现在喜欢叫他八戒 |
[08:51] | No,I mean,how much to fix the car? | 不 我是说修这车要多少 |
[08:54] | For you,three grand. | 你的话 3000 |
[08:56] | What?! | 什么 |
[08:57] | Once again, | 再说一遍 |
[08:58] | the car was on fire. | 这车被烧过 |
[09:01] | I had to wait an hour before I could even touch it. | 我不得不等一个小时才可以摸它 |
[09:03] | -But I only paid $800 for it -Eight hundred dollars? | -但是我买来才800 -800美刀? |
[09:08] | Well,dear heart,I hate to be the bearer of sad tidings, | 好吧 亲爱的 我也不喜欢 给你带来噩耗 |
[09:10] | but there’s a chance some unscrupulous businessperson | 但是确实有一些不良商人 |
[09:12] | has taken advantage of your good nature. | 利用了你的善良天性 |
[09:15] | Boy,that happens a lot. | 天 这事时常发生 |
[09:18] | Well,$3,000 is out of the question. | 好吧 3000不在讨论的范围 |
[09:21] | It’d make more sense just to get her a new car. | 这样还不如给她弄辆新车 |
[09:23] | Oh,Alan,thank you!That’s the sweetest thing anybody’s ever done for me! | 哦 艾伦 谢谢你 从来没有人对我这么好过 |
[09:29] | Good for you. | 真有你的 |
[09:34] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[09:36] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[09:37] | Why isn’t your car in the garage? | 为什么你的车不在车库里 |
[09:39] | I,uh…I loaned it to Kandi. | 我… 我借给康迪了 |
[09:42] | Ah. | 哇 |
[09:43] | And how much are you paying to fix hers? | 你花了多少钱去修她的车 |
[09:46] | For your information,nothing. | 告诉你好了 没付 |
[09:48] | Nothing? | 没付 |
[09:50] | Not a cent. | 一分钱都没付 |
[09:53] | I’m leasing her a Saturn. | 我给她租了辆土星[通用汽车年轻品牌] |
[09:56] | Tell me again about the free tow,Alan. | 再给我说一次免费拖车的事 艾伦 |
[09:59] | Come on,she needs a car,and the lease terms are surprisingly reasonable. | 她需要一辆车 而租赁条约合算得惊人 |
[10:04] | They’re practically giving them away. | 几乎就是白送了 |
[10:07] | Excuse me. | 失陪 |
[10:09] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪里 |
[10:10] | I’m going to solve all your problems. | 我要去解决你所有的问题 |
[10:14] | Do you want to see it coming,or should I surprise you? | 你是想亲眼目睹 还是要我给你一个惊喜? |
[10:19] | You’re not funny. | 你一点不幽默 |
[10:25] | Hello? | 你好 |
[10:27] | Hang on a second. | 等等 |
[10:29] | It’s your dentist. | 你的牙医 |
[10:31] | He wants to talk to you about Kandi’s teeth. | 他想和你谈谈康迪的牙齿 |
[10:35] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[10:40] | Hi,Dr Weinberger.Thanks for seeing her on such short notice. | 你好 温伯格医生 谢谢你这么匆忙还愿意看她 |
[10:46] | Can I have some privacy,please? | 我能有点隐私吗 |
[10:48] | Sure.Get your own place. | 当然 自己买栋房子吧 |
[10:56] | No,she’s not covered under my dental plan. | 不 我的牙齿保险不能帮她抵付 |
[11:00] | Twenty-two and a half. | 22岁半 |
[11:03] | Yeah,yeah,good for me. | 是啊是啊 真有我的 |
[11:06] | Did you get a chance to look at her tooth? | 你看过她牙齿了吗 |
[11:09] | Oh,oh,a root canal. | 哦 哦 根部裂缝 |
[11:12] | Well,well,how much is that? | 好的好的 那要多少钱? |
[11:15] | Yow. | 哇哦 |
[11:18] | Well,what do you mean,there’s more? | 好的 你说还有其他 什么意思? |
[11:21] | Who told you to look at her wisdom teeth? | 谁叫你去看她的智齿了 |
[11:25] | That girl’s got wisdom teeth? | 那女孩能有”智”齿? |
[11:28] | Okay,what’s the worst thing that can happen if you don’t take them out? | 好吧 如果不拔掉的话 最糟会怎样? |
[11:33] | How infected? | 感染成啥样? |
[11:36] | All right,if it has to be done,it has to be done. | 好吧 该做的就做吧 |
[11:41] | Yeah,send me the bill. | 是的 把帐单寄给我 |
[11:44] | Okay,bye-bye. | 好的 再见 |
[11:53] | Here, | 拿着 |
[11:54] | aim for the cheap seats. | 打便宜的地儿 |
[12:19] | Alan,what are you doing? | 你在干吗 |
[12:22] | Well,I’m in a little bit of a cash flow crunch,and I,uh… | 啊 我有一点点的现金周转不灵 还有我… |
[12:26] | I thought I’d use this to pay some bills. | 我想用这个去付些帐单 |
[12:29] | I see. | 我明白了 |
[12:31] | Mind helping me out? | 介意搭把手吗 |
[12:33] | Sure. | 当然 |
[12:46] | Promise me you’ll spend it on food,not whiskey. | 答应我你会用来买吃的 不是买酒 |
[12:50] | My pain brings you a lot of pleasure,huh? | 我的痛苦给你带来很多乐趣是吧? |
[12:52] | I’m a simple man. | 我是个简单的人 |
[13:00] | It’s your ex-wife. | 是你的前妻 |
[13:02] | Oh,perfect.Get the bat. | 哦 太好了 把球棒拿来 |
[13:06] | This is the bat. | 这个就是了 |
[13:10] | Hello? | 你好 |
[13:11] | Oh,oh,good.I was hoping it’d be you. | 哦 很好 我正希望是你打来的 |
[13:15] | What?Of course I remember the Alamo. | 什么 我当然记得边城英烈传 |
[13:20] | Oh,oh,oh,you mean alimo-ny. | 哦 哦 你是说赡养金 |
[13:25] | I was thinking,uh,Davey Crockett,Jim Bowie… | 我在 我在想戴维·克洛科特 吉姆·鲍维 |
[13:29] | Oh,oh,come on,Judith,why can’t we share a few chuckles? | 哦 得了吧 朱蒂斯 为什么我们不能一起说笑呢 |
[13:34] | Oh,oh,no,no,I agree.There’s nothing chuckle-worthy about a subpoena. | 哦哦 不 不 我同意 没有什么比传票还要好笑的了 |
[13:39] | Well,you know what?I will tell you what. | 好吧 知道吗 我告诉你 |
[13:41] | Uh,I will bring you the check,uh,when I pick up Jake. | 嗯 我去接杰克的时候 我会把支票带给你的 |
[13:45] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[13:46] | Okay,okay,bye-bye. | 好的好的 再见 |
[13:50] | You’ve got to pick up Jake. | 你要去接杰克 |
[13:53] | -Why? -‘Cause I don’t have her money. | -为什么 -因为我没有钱给她 |
[13:55] | It’s in Kandi’s mouth and Kandi’s car. | 钱在康迪的嘴里和康迪的车里 |
[13:58] | What about the treasure of the Sierra Madre over there? | 那边的宝藏挖怎么样? |
[14:02] | This? | 这个 |
[14:03] | This is nothing.One car payment and maybe a bikini wax. | 这什么都不是 一次车资再加一次比基尼腊 |
[14:06] | -Bikini wax? -A girl’s got to keep those up. | -比基尼腊? -女孩子就是需要 |
[14:09] | It’s a landscaping issue. | 就像打理门前的花草 |
[14:11] | You just got to buy me some time with Judith. | 你得帮我拖住朱蒂斯 |
[14:14] | What are you going to do with more time? | 让我拖住她 你要干吗 |
[14:16] | You can’t sell your blood; your ex-wife already took that. | 你又不能卖血 已经被你前妻吸光了 |
[14:19] | And if you sell your sperm,what’s the point in dating Kandi? | 如果你卖精子 那你和康迪在一起还有什么意义 |
[14:23] | Well,uh,for your information,I do have other options. | 好吧 你这么说的话 我还有其他选择 |
[14:27] | Like what? | 比如说 |
[14:27] | Well,I’ve been looking at,uh,uh,part-time work, | 好吧 我在找兼职 |
[14:30] | and,uh,I have some very promising auctions on eBay. | 还有 我在易趣上有一些很不错的拍卖品 |
[14:32] | Oh,really. | 哦 真的吗 |
[14:34] | What are you auctioning? | 你在拍卖什么 |
[14:35] | Well,a-a few rare books,a couple of lithos,a set of golf clubs… | 嗯 一些稀有书籍 一些石版画 一些高尔夫球杆 |
[14:39] | Since when do you play golf? | 你什么时候开始玩高尔夫了 |
[14:41] | Uh,well,technically,they’re your clubs. | 嗯 好吧 技术上来说 是你的球杆 |
[14:46] | You’re stealing from me?! | 你从我这里偷的 |
[14:48] | Oh,come on,you only bought ’em so you could go to Palm Springs and pick up lesbians. | 哦 別这样 你买来只是为了去棕榈泉钓女同志 |
[14:57] | This is ridiculous.Why don’t you just ask me to lend you some money? | 这太乱来了 你为什么不干脆问我借钱呢 |
[15:00] | -Would you lend me money? -Absolutely… | -你会借钱给我吗 -当然 |
[15:02] | if I hadn’t taken a bath on the Super Bowl. | 要不是我押超级碗[橄榄球比赛]赌场失意 |
[15:05] | Well,I need to do this by myself anyway.You know,I still have my pride. | 好吧 无论如何我还是要靠我自己 我还是有自尊 |
[15:11] | Wow. | 哇哦 |
[15:12] | You really think that,huh? | 你真的这么觉得吗 |
[15:14] | Well, | 好吧 |
[15:15] | it doesn’t matter as long as I have Kandi. | 这不重要 只要我有康迪 |
[15:19] | She looks up to me.She-she thinks I’m special. | 她很钦佩我 她 她 觉得我很特別 |
[15:21] | She thinks I’m smart. | 她觉得我聪明 |
[15:22] | She thinks gazpacho is Pinocchio’s father. | 她觉得西班牙凉菜汤 是皮诺槽的爸爸 |
[15:30] | What can I say,Charlie?I’m crazy about her. | 我能说什么 查理 我对她疯狂了 |
[15:35] | All right,I certainly don’t want to | 好吧 我真的不想 |
[15:37] | stand in the way of your happiness. | 阻止你去追寻快乐 |
[15:39] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[15:41] | -One question,though -Yeah? | -还有一个问题 -什么 |
[15:43] | What are you going to tell Jake when he notices his change jug is gone? | 要是杰克发现他的零钱罐不见了 你准备怎么回答他 |
[15:47] | Oh,uh, | 哦 啊 |
[15:48] | it’ll be okay.I left him a postdated check. | 没事的 我留了一张填迟日期的支票给他 |
[15:52] | It’ll be good by the time he goes to college. | 到他进大学的时候 我应该就有钱了 |
[15:56] | Yeah, | 对 |
[15:57] | like that kid’s going to college. | 说的好像他能进大学 |
[16:08] | Perfect.Just perfect. | 完美 太完美了 |
[16:09] | -Judith,I know what you’re thinking.. -I’ll tell you what I’m thinking. | -朱蒂斯 我知道你在想什么 -我告诉你我在想什么 |
[16:12] | I’m thinking your brother’s a weaselly little coward who doesn’t | 我在想你弟弟是个胆小鬼 |
[16:14] | -have the guts to face to his responsibilities.. -Whoa,whoa,whoa,whoa,whoa,whoa! | -没有勇气去面对自己的责任 -哇哦哇哦哇哦 |
[16:17] | There’s a little more to this than meets the eye. | 还有一些你没看到的 |
[16:19] | Oh,really?And I suppose you’re going to explain it to me? | 哦 真的吗 你是要向我解释一下吗? |
[16:20] | I’m going to try,if you’ll calm down for a minute and listen. | 我会试试的 如果你冷静下来 听我说 |
[16:24] | All right,I’m listening. | 好吧 我在听 |
[16:25] | Are you calm? | 你冷静了吗 |
[16:26] | I’m listening. | 我在听 |
[16:29] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[16:30] | You know why Alan’s not here? | 你知道为什么艾伦不在这里吗 |
[16:32] | -Because he’s ashamed -Well,he should be. | -因为他感到羞耻 -他应该感到羞耻 |
[16:34] | Judith,that’s not listening. | 朱蒂斯 你这不是在听 |
[16:37] | He’s ashamed because no matter how hard he works,he just can’t seem to get ahead. | 他羞耻是因为不管他怎么努力工作 他就是不能成功 |
[16:43] | You know his business is falling apart,don’t you? | 你知道他的生意失败了 是吧 |
[16:45] | -Really?He hasn’t said anything -Because he’s too proud. | -真的吗 他什么都没有说过 -因为他太骄傲 |
[16:48] | Poor guy lost all his chiropractic walk-ins | 他所有客人都被 |
[16:51] | to an unlicensed massage parlor that opened up right between him | 一家无证按摩厅抢走了 那按摩厅就开在 |
[16:54] | and the Jamba Juice. | 他和街客中间 |
[16:55] | You’re kidding. | 你在开我玩笑 |
[16:56] | I’m deadly serious. | 我非常的认真 |
[16:58] | Who’s going to pay to have their spine adjusted when,for half the price, | 付一半的价钱 就可以舒展那玩意儿 |
[17:01] | they can get their dingus dusted? | 谁会付钱给他去舒展脊椎? |
[17:04] | Well,I wouldn’t know about that. | 我不知道那些 |
[17:06] | As it turns out,I’m a bit of an expert… | 想不到 我算半个专家… |
[17:10] | and I’m telling you, | 还有我告诉你 |
[17:12] | he’s going under. | 还不止 |
[17:13] | Oh,my God. | 我 我的上帝 |
[17:14] | -Did you know he took a part-time job? -No. | -你知道他开始兼职了吗 -不知道 |
[17:16] | But you didn’t hear it from me. | 我可没告诉过你 |
[17:18] | And please,please,don’t say anything to Jake. | 还有 千万千万不要 和杰克说任何事情 |
[17:21] | The last thing Alan wants is to look like a | 艾伦最最不愿意的就是 |
[17:23] | failure in the eyes of that | 成为那个小男孩眼中的 |
[17:25] | little boy in there. | 废物 |
[17:27] | Of course not. | 我当然不会说 |
[17:29] | -I won’t say a word -Thank you. | -我什么都不会说的 -谢谢你 |
[17:32] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[17:33] | Where’s Dad? | 爸爸呢 |
[17:35] | Just go with Uncle Charlie. | 跟著查理叔叔走吧 |
[17:37] | Okay. | 好的 |
[17:41] | Why is Mom crying? | 为什么妈妈在哭? |
[17:43] | Because I’m good. | 因为我牛 |
[17:47] | I’m very,very good. | 非常非常牛 |
[17:54] | I’m really getting tired of pizza. | 我真的开始厌倦披萨了 |
[17:57] | Well…I’m off to work. | 嗯 我要去工作了 |
[18:03] | Get used to it. | 习惯吧 |
[18:08] | Enjoy-a your pizza.Scusi,signora. | 享受你的披萨吧 让一下 太太 |
[18:10] | Alan,what are you doing? | 你在干吗 |
[18:13] | Oh,Judith,I swear to God,I will get you your alimony | 哦 朱蒂斯 我向上帝保证 我会给你赡养费的 |
[18:15] | -as soon as possible.. -No,please,don’t worry about it. | -尽快 -不 不要 不用担心 |
[18:18] | Really? | 真的 |
[18:19] | Charlie told me what’s going on. | 查理已经告诉我发生了什么事情 |
[18:21] | I don’t need the money right now. | 我现在不需要钱 |
[18:24] | Really? | 真的? |
[18:25] | I may not have mentioned it,but when my grandmother passed away, | 也许我没告诉你 但是我祖母去世的时候 |
[18:27] | she left me a pretty substantial inheritance. | 给我留下了一笔 相当丰厚的遗产 |
[18:30] | Really? | 真的? |
[18:32] | In fact, | 事实上 |
[18:33] | I want you to have this. | 我想给你这个 |
[18:37] | Really? | 真的? |
[18:39] | Pay me when you can.The important thing is you get back on your feet. | 等你有能力了再还我 重要的是你东山再起 |
[18:44] | I’m a so happy. | 我真开心 |
[18:46] | Hi,Huggy Bear. | 嘿 抱抱熊 |
[18:48] | Boy,I love the new car you got me. | 男人 我喜欢你给我买的新车 |
[18:51] | Hi,Mrs.Harper. | 你好 哈珀夫人 |
[18:52] | Doesn’t he look cute in a mustache? | 他贴胡子可爱吗 |
[19:00] | I’m a so sad. | 我很伤心 |
[19:23] | How’s that pride doing? | 你的自尊怎么样了 |
[19:28] | It’s nice they let you take a few home. | 他们真好 还让你带回来 |
[19:31] | It’s in lieu of health insurance. | 这是用来代替健康保险的 |
[19:34] | Did you know they actually have a little machine | 知道吗 他们真的有一个小机器 |
[19:36] | that shoots the cheese into the crust? | 把奶酪射进面包层 |
[19:39] | -Is that so? -Yep. | -真的? -是的 |
[19:41] | It’s a little high-pressure gun. | 是一把小高压枪 |
[19:43] | Can’t kill yourself with it,though. | 还是杀不死人 |
[19:47] | I tried. | 我试过了 |
[19:50] | I got to tell you something,Alan, | 我有些事情要告诉你艾伦 |
[19:51] | and this is from the bottom of my heart. | 这是我的肺腑之言 |
[19:54] | I think that you are the stupidest man on the face of the Earth, | 我觉得你是地球表面上最蠢的男人了 |
[19:58] | but | 但是 |
[19:59] | I admire your perseverance. | 我敬佩你的坚持 |
[20:02] | You’re going to have to talk into the other ear. | 你得对着另外一个耳朵讲 |
[20:05] | This one’s full of cheese. | 这只被奶酪塞满了 |
[20:17] | Is that my Huggy Bear? | 是我的抱抱熊吗 |
[20:19] | Yeah,it’s him. | 对 是他 |
[20:22] | Hey,guess what? | 嘿 你猜怎么着 |
[20:23] | You know my roommates,Ellie and Emmett? | 你知道我的室友埃莉和埃米特 |
[20:25] | Yeah. | 知道 |
[20:27] | Turns out they’re not really brother and sister,so they started sleeping together. | 原来他们不是真的兄妹 所以他们开始一起睡了 |
[20:32] | Oh,that’s lovely. | 好的 真好 |
[20:34] | Anyway,now they’re going to get their own place, | 他们现在要去找他们自己的房子了 |
[20:36] | and I don’t know how I’m going to pay the rent by myself. | 我不知道我一个人要怎么付得起房租 |
[20:39] | Huh. | 哇哦 |
[20:43] | Oh,God,Kandi,I can’t, | 哦 天啊 康迪 我不能 |
[20:45] | I can’t.I’m all tapped out.All I have left to put on eBay is a | 我不能 我一无所有了 我能往易趣上放的就剩 |
[20:47] | kidney or a lung. | 肾或者肝了 |
[20:50] | If I were you,I’d sell the kidney,’cause lungs don’t grow back. | 要是我 我会卖肝 因为肺不会长回来 |
[20:56] | I’m sorry,honey. | 对不起 亲爱的 |
[20:57] | You’re just going to have to handle your living situation on your own. | 你要开始自己处理生活问题了 |
[21:01] | Okay. | 好的 |
[21:02] | Hey,guess what else? | 嘿 你猜还有什么 |
[21:04] | You’ve got a loved one who needs either an operation or bail? | 你有爱人需要动手术或者保释? |
[21:09] | No,silly.I’m finished with the dentist,and my mouth is all better. | 不 傻瓜 我看完牙医了 现在我的嘴好多了 |
[21:13] | See? | 看 |
[21:16] | Hey,I’ve got an idea. | 嘿 我有个想法 |
[21:18] | Why don’t you move in with me? | 你为什么不搬来和我住 |
[21:20] | Okay! | 好的 |
[21:23] | I’m a so screwed. | 我彻底完蛋了 |