时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | oh,oh,that is so true. | 哦哦 你说得太对了 |
[00:05] | I know exactly what you mean. | 我明白你的意思 |
[00:07] | Oh,hang on,I’ll get you the ashtray. | 等一下 我给你拿烟灰缸 |
[00:09] | -Oh,hey,charlie. -Hey. | -哦嘿 查理 -嘿 |
[00:11] | What’s going on? | 干什么呢? |
[00:12] | Oh,I just have a friend over from my single parent support group. | 有个单身父母互助小组的朋友来做客 |
[00:15] | Oh,yeah.Unattached moms. | 哦 是啊 单身母亲 |
[00:17] | I got to check out that group. | 我该去试试那个小组 |
[00:21] | But you don’t have a kid. | 但是你没有孩子… |
[00:22] | Are they really strict about that? | 对这点要求真的很严格吗? |
[00:26] | ‘Cause,at the dog park, you just show up with a leash and say, | 要知道在狗狗公园 你只需要拿出狗链然后说: |
[00:28] | that’s him by the tree. | “树边那只就是它”便行了 |
[00:31] | It’s a single parent group. | 这是单身父母互助组 |
[00:33] | You need to be a single parent. | 必须要是单身父母才行 |
[00:34] | Seems a little prejudiced,if you ask me. | 要我说这规矩带有歧视性质 不是吗? |
[00:38] | Hey,alan,can I use your bathroom | 嘿 艾伦 能用下你的洗手间吗? |
[00:40] | or should I just pee off the deck? | 还是我从阳台上往下尿就行了? |
[00:42] | It’s right down the hall. | 就在走廊尽头 |
[00:43] | Oh,greg,this is my brother charlie. Charlie,greg. | 哦 格雷格 这是我哥哥查理 查理,这是格雷格 |
[00:46] | -Hey. -Hey. | -嘿 -嘿 |
[00:47] | -Nice place. -Thanks. | -房子真不错 -谢谢 |
[00:51] | She is little bushy for you, isn’t she? | “她”有点太男性化了吧? (butch可以指女同性恋中男性化的一方) |
[00:53] | Greg’s a divorced dad. | 格雷格是个离了婚的单身爸爸 |
[00:55] | He’s got a daughter around jake’s age. | 他有个和杰克差不多大的女儿 |
[00:57] | Well,you can understand my confusion. | 你能理解我的困惑吧? |
[01:00] | You think I joined a support group to pick up women? | 你觉得我加入互助小组的原因是想要钓女人? |
[01:02] | No.I think you joined a support group because | 不 我觉得你加入互助小组的原因 |
[01:04] | you are a whining little woods | 是你是个爱哭的小软蛋 (wuss懦夫,软弱的人) |
[01:07] | But, as long as you are there why not nail a few | 但是只要你没退出就有可能钓到几个 |
[01:11] | Sex is not what the group’s about. | 性可不是小组成立的目的 |
[01:13] | Oh,grow up. | 哦 别幼稚了 |
[01:14] | You put single man and woman in folding chairs in a church basement, | 你把单身男女放到教堂地下室的折叠座椅上 |
[01:17] | they’re going to start mounting each other. | 他们当然会想”互相攀爬”啦! |
[01:21] | The depth of your generousy continuely stunt me. | 你堕落的深度一直让我惊讶 |
[01:25] | Really?Still? | 真的?现在还惊讶? |
[01:27] | So Charlie, I am guessing by the stack of racing forms next to the can,you bet the ponies. | 那么查理 基于洗手间里的一堆赛事表 我猜你爱赌马 |
[01:32] | Hey,I’d bet on rabbits if you could get ’em organized. | 嘿 如果你能组织兔子赛跑 我也愿意赌啊 |
[01:37] | Is there a story behind that riding crop hanging on the wall? | 挂在墙上的马鞭背后是不是有段故事? |
[01:40] | Oh,yeah–that’s a souvenir from a wonderful weekend | 哦 没错 那是在肯塔基州的Louisville |
[01:42] | in louisville,kentucky. | 度过一个美好周末的纪念品 |
[01:44] | Oh,you went to the derby? | 哦 你去看赛马会了? |
[01:45] | Nah.It was a hilton by the airport. | 没 只不过是去了机场旁边的希尔顿酒店 |
[01:49] | How about you? Do you hit the track? | 你呢 你也喜欢赛马? |
[01:50] | Yeah.It’s actually my second biggest expense after alimony. | 是啊 实际上我在赛马上花的钱仅次于赡养费 |
[01:54] | So, all your money goes to the nags, huh? | 这么说 你的钱都输掉啦? (Nag劣等赛马/唠叨的人,这里指前妻) |
[01:58] | -Hey,your brother’s funny. -At first | -嘿 你哥哥还真幽默呢 -刚开始是 |
[02:02] | I’ll get us some more beers. | 我去再拿些啤酒 |
[02:04] | Charlie,you smoke cigars? | 查理 你抽雪茄吗? |
[02:06] | I’d smoke rabbits if you could keep ’em lit. | 如果你能点燃的话我连兔子都抽啊 |
[02:12] | -So,divorced dad,huh? -Yep. | -那么…离婚爸爸? -没错 |
[02:17] | -How long were you married? -16years | -婚姻维持了多长时间? -16年 |
[02:21] | What ended it? Cheating?Drinking?Gambling? | 怎么结束的? 婚外情? 酗酒? 赌博? |
[02:26] | Gay. | 同性恋 |
[02:29] | -Oh.Her? -No. | -哦 她? -不 |
[02:41] | So,what,you didn’t want to try drinking or gambling? | 那么…怎么了? 你就不能试试酗酒或者赌博吗? |
[02:53] | So what about you,charlie,ever been married? | 那么你呢 查理?从没结过婚? |
[02:55] | Are you kidding? | 你开玩笑吗 我哥哥可绝不是那种结婚型的 |
[03:00] | -A confirmed bachelor. -No,no,no.Nothing’s confirmed. | -哦 坚定的独身者 -不不不 没那么坚定 |
[03:04] | I mean,I just think that variety is the spice of life. | 我是说 变化正是生活的调味剂 |
[03:07] | And as far as spices go,some people like salt | 说到调味料 有人喜欢盐 |
[03:10] | some people like pepper,some people like salt and pepper. | 有人喜欢胡椒粉 有人喜欢盐加胡椒粉 |
[03:12] | Me,I like women. | 至于我 我喜欢女人 |
[03:18] | Me,too. Some of my best friends are women. | 我也是 我有些好朋友是女人呢 |
[03:19] | No no no, don’t misunderstand. None of my friends are women. | 不不不 别误解了 我的朋友没有一个是女人 |
[03:25] | -Oh,I see. -No,you don’T. | -哦 我明白了 -不 你才不明白 |
[03:28] | Oh,damn.I’m going to have to take a rain check on that beer. | 哦 糟糕 我看我们的啤酒要改天喝了 |
[03:30] | -I got to get going. -Oh,okay. | -我必须走了 -哦 好吧 |
[03:32] | -We still on for sunday? -Looking forward to it. | -我们周日的计划不变? -我很期待呢 |
[03:34] | Really nice meeting you,charlie. Maybe I will see you on the tracks sometime. | 真的很高兴认识你 查理 希望什么时候能在马场碰到你 |
[03:37] | You never know. | 没准会的 |
[03:38] | Do you like santa anita or hollywood park? | 你喜欢去Santa Anita还是Hollywood Park? (两个赛马场的名字) |
[03:40] | -Which one do you like? -Oh,I’ll go either way. | -你喜欢哪个? -我哪个都可以 |
[03:42] | Apparently. | 显然如此 (讽刺其以前喜欢女人现在喜欢男人) |
[03:45] | Oh,he’s bad. | 哦 他真坏 |
[03:47] | You have no idea. | 小意思而已 |
[03:50] | -Okay,so I’ll see you sunday. -Bye-bye. | -好了 我们周日见 -再见 |
[03:52] | -Adios. -Great guy,huh? | -再见 -他人不错 是吧? (adios西班牙语的”再见”) |
[03:54] | Yeah.Yeah,terrific. | 是啊是啊 真不错 |
[03:57] | How much do you know about him? | 你对他了解有多少? |
[03:58] | Well,I know he’s a successful architect, | 我知道他是个成功的建筑师 |
[04:01] | his daughter is a soccer player,he’s gay, | 她的女儿踢足球 他是同性恋… |
[04:04] | he has a boat,he went to U.C.Berkeley… | 他有条船 毕业于加州大学伯克利分校… |
[04:06] | okay,okay.Back up a little. | 好了好了 往回倒一点点 |
[04:09] | Oh it’s a sail boat. Well,it’s more of a sloop. | 哦 是一艘帆船 单桅帆船 |
[04:13] | He’s taking me and jake out on sunday. | 他周日要带我和杰克出去玩 |
[04:14] | No,no,no,no,no.One more. | 不不不 再往回倒一个词 |
[04:16] | What,he’s gay? What about it? | 什么啊?他是同性恋?又怎么了? |
[04:18] | Nothing.I’m just looking out for you. | 没事 只是为你担心 |
[04:23] | I mean,does he want to take you sailing, or does he want to take you sailing? | 我是说 他想带你们去航海 还是想带你们去”~航~海~” (同性恋腔调) |
[04:32] | Don’t be silly. He knows I’m not gay. | 别傻了 他知道我不是同性恋 |
[04:34] | Are you sure? | 你能确定吗? |
[04:36] | For 16 years,he didn’t know he was gay. | 16年了他都不知道自己是同性恋 |
[04:40] | Come on,charlie. | 拜托 查理 |
[04:40] | You don’t believe two men can be friends just because one of them is gay? | 你觉得两个男人就因为其中一个是同性恋 就不能成为朋友? |
[04:43] | It has nothing to do with gay. | 这跟是不是同性恋没关系 |
[04:46] | Imagine he were a straight guy and you were an attractive young woman. | 想象一下如果他是个异性恋 而你是个有吸引力的年轻女性 |
[04:51] | Do you think you could just be friends? | 你觉得你们会只是朋友吗? |
[04:53] | How attractive? | 有多吸引? |
[04:55] | I mean,you know,am I kind of cute in a tomboy sort of way | -什么? -我是指 你知道我是那种 可爱假小子型的呢… |
[05:01] | or am I smokin’ hot and workin’ it? | 还是火辣冒烟的那种? |
[05:08] | Okay,okay.Let’s start again. | 好吧 好吧 我们再来一次 |
[05:12] | Imagine you were a straight guy… | 想象一下你是个异性恋男人… |
[05:17] | -And? -No and.That’s it. | -还有呢…? -没有了 |
[05:26] | Berda, how have you been working for me? | 贝塔 你为我工作有多久了? |
[05:29] | Define working. | 定义何谓工作 |
[05:32] | What kind of hair conditioner do I use? | 我用什么样的护发素? |
[05:35] | I quite. | 我拒绝回答 (也可以翻译为”我辞职”) |
[05:40] | I use a wash-out conditioner, then blow-dry with a dab of styling gel. | 我用的是水洗护发素 然后我抹定型胶吹干 |
[05:44] | But you got me a leave-in conditioner. | 而你给我买的却是免冲洗护发素 |
[05:47] | Why would you get me a leave-in conditioner? | 为什么要给我买这种免冲洗护发素? |
[05:49] | -The truth? -Please. | -要听真话吗? -请讲 |
[05:51] | It came with a free lady schick. | 因为它附赠Lady Schick (一种女士烫卷发用品) |
[05:54] | Berta,my hair is important to me. | 贝塔 我的头发对我很重要 |
[05:56] | All right. Don’t get your panties in a bunch. | 好吧 别再揉内裤了 (panties in a bunch 对于小事物反应过度,小题大做) |
[05:59] | What hell is that supposed to mean? | 你什么意思? |
[06:00] | It means don’t get agitated until your under garments becoming entangled within your crack. | 意思是内裤缠在屁股沟里面的时候不要发狂! |
[06:08] | Hey,hey,hey. I’m not agitated! | 嘿嘿嘿 我没有发狂! |
[06:10] | I just like having extra body without, you know,stiffness! | 我只是希望自己的头发不要那么僵直而已! (也可以翻译为”我不希望自己身体 的另一个部位也硬起来”) |
[06:20] | Why don’t you guys go hang outside while we throw together some lunch? | 你们到阳台玩吧 我们来准备午餐 |
[06:23] | Okay.Come on,sophie. | 好的 来吧 Sophie |
[06:25] | -This is a cool house. -Yeah. | -这房子真棒 -是啊 |
[06:27] | It’s my weekend place. I have a second home in the valley. | 我周末呆在这里 我在山谷区还有另一栋房子 |
[06:31] | I think they like each other. | 我觉得他们喜欢对方 |
[06:32] | Oh,jake is smitten. | 哦 杰克都懵了 (smitten被打晕/被迷倒) |
[06:34] | I usually only see that look on his face hey. | 一般情况下那种表情 只会在薄饼店里面出现 |
[06:40] | -Hiya,charlie. -Hey. | -嗨 Charilie -嘿 |
[06:41] | -How did the sailing go? -Great.Perfect weather. | -航海愉快吗? -很棒 天气非常好 |
[06:44] | Here.I brought you a present. | 给 我给你带了个礼物 |
[06:46] | -Really? -Yeah. | -真的? -没错 |
[06:48] | It’s one of those cuban fellas you like puffin’ on. | 是你喜欢”吸”的那种古巴雪茄 (fella这里暗指fellate口交) |
[06:51] | That’s sweet.Thank you. | 太好了 多谢 |
[06:52] | You’re very welcome. | 不客气 |
[06:57] | Did you do something different with your hair? | 你的头发是不是有所变化? |
[06:59] | -It looks nice. -Don’t get me started. | -看起来不错 -别让我提起这个 |
[07:05] | -So, when did you find out your dad? -Find out what? | -那么…你什么时候发现你爸爸…? -发现什么? |
[07:08] | -That he’s gay. -My dad’s not gay. | -发现他是同性恋 -我爸爸不是同性恋 |
[07:11] | You sure?My dad is. | 你确定吗? 我爸爸就是 |
[07:13] | -No kidding. -Yep. | -你确定? -没错 |
[07:16] | -You smell like strawberries. -It’s my lip gloss. | -你闻起来像草莓 -是我的润唇膏 |
[07:20] | Cool.Does it taste like it smells? | 酷 尝起来也是草莓味吗? |
[07:22] | -You want to find out? -Sure. | -你想试试吗? -当然 |
[07:38] | Can we watch a soccer game instead of basketball? | 我们能不能不看篮球 看看足球? |
[07:41] | What are you,nuts? | 你疯了吗? |
[07:43] | Sophie says soccer’s the most popular sport in the world. | Sophie说足球是世界上最受欢迎的运动 |
[07:46] | Well,then they don’t need us to watch it. | 那他们就不需要我们看了 |
[07:53] | You know what would be a good idea? | 有个好点子你知道吗? |
[07:55] | Maple syrup lip gloss. | 枫糖汁润唇膏 |
[08:02] | Your mom will be here any minute. I thought I told you to get ready. | 你妈妈随时会到 我不是叫你要准备好的 |
[08:04] | I’m ready. | 我是准备好了啊 |
[08:05] | -Did you do your homework? -No. | -作业做了吗? -没有 |
[08:07] | Oh,jake,I promised your mother you would have it done. | 哦 杰克 我向你妈妈保证过要你做完作业的 |
[08:10] | Well,next time,you’ll know better. | 那下次你就该吸取教训了 |
[08:22] | I think jake has a thing for your boyfriend’s daughter. | 我觉得杰克喜欢你男朋友的女儿 |
[08:28] | He’s not my boyfriend. We’re friends. | 他不是我男朋友 我们只是朋友 |
[08:30] | Friends,huh? | 朋友 是吧? |
[08:32] | Alan,when an intelligent,successful | 艾伦 当一个聪明 成功 |
[08:34] | attractive man wants to be friends with you, something’s amiss. | 又有魅力的男人想与你成为朋友的时候 就一定有什么地方搞错了 |
[08:41] | Excuse me,but if greg were to be interested in | 恕我直言 但是如果格雷格对这里的某人… |
[08:43] | anybody around here,it would be you. | 感兴趣的话…那也会是你 |
[08:50] | Whoa,whoa,whoa,whoa. What are you talking about? | 你在说什么啊 |
[08:52] | Come on Charlie, you got to admit | 拜托 查理 你要承认 |
[08:54] | You put out a special kind of vibe. | 你散发出一种独特的”共鸣” |
[08:58] | You don’t mean special. | 你不是说独特 |
[09:00] | You mean special! | 你是说”~独~特~” (同性恋腔调) |
[09:04] | And I don’T. | 而我才没有! |
[09:06] | You’re 40 years old,you’ve never been married | 你都40岁了而从没结过婚 |
[09:09] | you play the piano,you are meticulous about your appearance… | 你弹钢琴 你很讲究外表 |
[09:13] | I’ve got a riding crop in my bathroom | 我洗手间里挂着一条马鞭却从来没碰过马 |
[09:18] | Your bathroom also has two kinds of skin moisturizer, | 你洗手间里也有着两种保湿露 |
[09:21] | various hair gels,colognes,powders and emollients. | 各种发胶 古龙水 香粉和润肤乳… |
[09:25] | I only have one moisturizer. | 我只有一种保湿露 |
[09:27] | The other one is a sun block with moisturizer. | 另一个是防晒加保湿的 |
[09:30] | Oh,right,right. | 哦 对了对了 |
[09:31] | You need that sun block for when you lean out the front door to get the paper. | 你需要在打开前门弯腰取报纸的时候防晒 |
[09:36] | There’s no shade out there in the morning,alan. | 早上的时候那里可没有遮阳的 艾伦 |
[09:40] | Excuse me for not wanting to spend my 50s looking like a catcher’s mitt. | 我可不想到50岁时变得跟 接球手的手套一样皱巴巴的 |
[09:44] | All right,let’s scoot away from the clinique counter for a minute… | 好吧…让我们先从美容专柜前挪步 |
[09:52] | And discuss some of the people you’ve attracted. | 来讨论一下你吸引来的某些人 |
[09:55] | Ok ok, you think of the time at the House of Blues | 你想到的是那次在蓝调音乐屋 (House of Blues连锁音乐店) |
[09:58] | And there’s no way I could have known that was a guy. | 我根本就不可能知道那是个男的! |
[10:02] | He was 6’2″,and could palm a medicine ball. | 他身高一米八九而且能一手握住健身实心球 |
[10:07] | I was drunk,he was tucked,taped and gorgeous. | 我当时喝醉了 而他男扮女装又很漂亮… (tucked and taped男扮女装,做假胸部) |
[10:12] | Charlie,you brought home a dude in a dress. | 查理 你把一个穿洋装的男人带回了家 |
[10:17] | A dude who wanted to be a woman | 一个想当女人的男人 |
[10:19] | which means he was looking for a straight man | 也就是说他想找一个异性恋 |
[10:22] | which is me! | 也就是我 |
[10:23] | Rationalize it any way you want, | 想怎么粉饰都可以 |
[10:26] | but he still sends you flowers on valentine’s day. | 不过他依然在情人节送你花 |
[10:31] | Only because I was a gentleman! | 只是因为我那晚很绅士! |
[10:36] | -So,how was your weekend? -It was okay. | -那么 周末过得如何? -还不错 |
[10:39] | -We went sailing. -Oh,how nice. | -我们去航海了 -哦 真不错 |
[10:41] | -What else? -Nothing. | -还做了什么? -没什么了 |
[10:49] | Oh,yeah.I think dad’s gay now. | 哦 对了 我觉得爸爸现在是个同性恋了 |
[10:53] | That was a red light,mom. | 那可是红灯啊 妈妈 |
[10:58] | So,charlie,I haven’t seen you in a while. | 那么…查理 好久没见了 |
[11:00] | What’s up? | 出什么事了? |
[11:02] | Why does something have to be up? | 为什么非要有事呢? |
[11:04] | Can’t I just drop by and say hello? | 我就不能顺便来打声招呼? |
[11:06] | At $350 an hour,you can say anything you want. | 350块1小时 你爱怎么说都行 |
[11:10] | Okay,well,there is something that’s been kind of gnawing at me. | 好吧 确实有些事在困扰着我 |
[11:15] | -Well,this friend of mine… -Your friend? | -嗯…我的一个朋友… -朋友? |
[11:21] | Yeah,a friend. | 对 朋友 |
[11:24] | It’s your money,charlie. | 这可是你的钱 查理 |
[11:26] | Okay,okay,is it possible that,that, | 好吧好吧 有没有可能… |
[11:30] | I could be gay without knowing it? | 我是同性恋而自己不知道? |
[11:35] | Why do you ask? | 为什么这么问? |
[11:36] | Well,my,my brother’s got this friend… | 我…我弟弟有个朋友… |
[11:39] | We’re talking seven dollars a minute. | 1分钟就要收7块钱! |
[11:42] | No,no,no,no. This friend’s real. | 不不不 这个朋友是真的 |
[11:45] | He’s gay,and apparently, I triggered his gaydar. | 他是同性恋 而且很显然 我触发了他的”同性恋雷达” |
[11:50] | I can understand that. | 我能理解啊 |
[11:51] | You can?You can? | 你能理解?你能? |
[11:57] | Let me ask you something,charlie. Have you ever had sex with a men? | 我问你 查理 你和男人发生过性行为吗? |
[12:00] | No!No,absolutely not! | 没有 没有!绝对没有! |
[12:10] | All right,I copped a feel once, but I was drunk and he had breasts. | 好吧 我占过一次便宜 不过我喝醉了而且他还有胸部! (cop a feel袭击女性胸部) |
[12:21] | Hey! Jack’s ready? | 嘿 杰克准备好了吗? |
[12:22] | Jake,your father’s here! | 杰克 你爸爸来啦! |
[12:25] | -He’ll be right out. -Good. | -他马上就出来了 -很好 |
[12:30] | So,uh,how have you been? | 那么…你最近怎么样? |
[12:32] | -Good,and you? -Good. | -很好 你呢? -不错 |
[12:37] | Oh,come here. I’m so proud of you! | 哦 抱一下 我很为你自豪呢 |
[12:40] | Uh,thanks. What did I do? | 呃…多谢…我做了什么? |
[12:43] | Oh,alan,you don’t have to hide anymore. | 哦 艾伦 你不用再掩藏了 |
[12:44] | Jake,told me all about you and greg, | 杰克告诉了我你和格雷格的事 |
[12:46] | and I just want you to know I completely support you. | 我只想告诉你 我完全支持你 |
[12:49] | -Oh,oh,gee,judith… -Is that him in the car? | -哦哦 天啊…朱迪丝… |
[12:50] | Gee,he’s cute.Hello! | 车里的就是他吗?天 他真帅呢 哈啰! |
[12:54] | Oh,that must be his daughter. | 哦 那一定是他女儿吧 |
[12:56] | I can see why jake has a crush on her. | 我能看出为什么杰克喜欢她 |
[12:57] | Yeah yeah we checked on some movies. | 是啊是啊 我们要去看电影 |
[12:59] | Oh,this makes so much sense. | 哦 这才说得通嘛! |
[13:00] | I can’t believe I didn’t see it when we were married | 我真不敢相信我们结婚的时候我竟然没看出来 |
[13:03] | -See what? -Oh,come on,alan. | -看出什么来? -哦 拜托 艾伦 |
[13:05] | You picking out my clothes,your neat fetish, the show tunes,the sex. | 你帮我选衣服 你的洁癖 作秀的腔调,做爱… |
[13:11] | -There was no sex. -Exactly. | -我们根本就不做爱! -正是如此! |
[13:13] | All these years you were so miserable, and look at you now. | 这么多年了你惨兮兮的 现在看看你 |
[13:15] | You’re…glowing. | 容光焕发啊! |
[13:17] | No no wait wait, hang on a second. | 等等! |
[13:18] | The-the reason that there was no… | 我们不做爱的原因是… |
[13:22] | Really?I’m glowing? | 真的?我容光焕发? |
[13:24] | And to think all this time I’ve been blaming myself bcause the marriage didn’t work out. | 想起那段时间我还因为婚姻失败而自责 |
[13:28] | No… I am pretty sure you are blaming me | 不…我很确定你一直在责怪我 |
[13:30] | It was nobody’s fault,alan. | 根本不是谁的错 艾伦 |
[13:32] | I’m just so glad that you finally accepted who you really are. | 我只是很高兴你终于接受了真实的自己 |
[13:36] | -Hey,dad. -Hey,buddy. | -嘿 爸爸 -嘿 伙计 |
[13:38] | Hey,sophie. | 嘿 Sophie |
[13:40] | You boys are so cute with your double dates. | 你们父子还双双约会真是太可爱了 |
[13:42] | -Listen Judith -I almost forgot. | -听着 朱迪丝… -我差点忘了 |
[13:44] | Your mother told me to tell you that she’s behind you 100%. | 你妈妈让我告诉你 她百分之百支持你 |
[13:48] | When did you talk to my mother? | 你什么时候跟我妈谈过了? |
[13:50] | Well,after jake told me,I called her. | 杰克告诉我之后我给她打了电话 |
[13:53] | -Why? -We have a little bet. | -为什么? -我们打了个小赌 |
[13:54] | It’s not important.Okay,bye-bye! | 不是什么大事…再见! |
[14:01] | I mean,okay,I do care about my appearance. | 我是说 好吧 我确实在意自己的外表 |
[14:04] | Plus,I’ve got mother issues and a bit of a flair for interior design. | 加上我有母亲情结和室内设计的天赋… |
[14:09] | You know,sconces,throw pillows,bric-a-brac. | 你知道的 烛台 抱枕 小玩意儿… |
[14:14] | But when it comes to penises, I am pretty clear that | 但是说到小弟弟 我很确定… |
[14:16] | The only one I want winking at me is my own. | 唯一一个我希望冲着我眨眼睛 的小弟弟是我自己的 |
[14:22] | Who are you trying to convince here, charlie,me or you? | 你想说服谁呢 查理?我还是你自己? |
[14:24] | You.And than I want you to convince me. | 是你 而我想你再来说服我 |
[14:28] | Why do you need convincing? | 为什么你需要被说服? |
[14:31] | -Wow,good question. -Thanks. | -哇 好问题 -谢谢 |
[14:33] | Once in a while I get a little wood on the balL. | 偶尔我也能问到点子上一回 (get wood on the ball击中来球) |
[14:37] | I mean,it has been suggested to me that | 有人跟我说过 |
[14:39] | all of my womanizing is just my way of overcompensating. | 我玩女人只是一种过度弥补自己的方式 |
[14:43] | And who suggested that? | 谁说的? |
[14:45] | Uh,mostly the women I was overcompensating on top of. | 呃…多数是那些被我过度弥补的女人 |
[14:50] | Well,this is a very interesting area, but I’m afraid we’re out of time. | 这是很让人感兴趣的部分 不过恐怕我们的时间到了 |
[14:57] | What?No,no,we can’t stop here! | 什么?不不 我们不能就此打住 |
[14:59] | I have a patient waiting,charlie. | 有病人在等我呢 查理 |
[15:01] | Hold on a sec. | 稍等一下 |
[15:06] | Here,go get yourself something to eat. Come back in an hour. | 给 买点吃的 一小时后再回来 |
[15:14] | Okay,new clock. | 好了 重新计时 |
[15:18] | My mom took my temperature the baby way till I was eight years old. | 我妈妈在我八岁的时候 还用婴儿的方法给我量体温 (肛门测量) |
[15:49] | -Hey,dad? -Yeah? | -嘿 爸爸 -什么事? |
[15:51] | It’s okay if I’m not gay,right? | 我不是同性恋没关系吧? |
[16:01] | Jake,listen,you and I need to clear out about something | 杰克听我说 我要向你澄清一下… |
[16:05] | I firstly call sophie | 先让我给Sophie打个电话 |
[16:07] | You just saw her. What do you need to talk about? | 你才见过她 有什么好谈的? |
[16:08] | It’s boy-girl,stuff. You wouldn’t understand. | 男女生的事情 你不会明白的 |
[16:15] | Hey,alan,your mom called. | 嘿 艾伦 你妈妈打电话来了 |
[16:17] | -She gave me the news. -Oh,god. | -她把消息都告诉我了 -哦 上帝啊 |
[16:20] | Come here. | 来吧 |
[16:23] | I’m proud of ya,zippy. | 我真为你自豪 小子 |
[16:26] | The world is a much happier place once you figure out whether you’re the pin or the cushion. | 不管你是针还是针垫 一旦你搞清楚了 世界就会变得更开心 |
[16:33] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[16:42] | -Charlie? -Yeah? | -查理? -什么? |
[16:45] | I think I might be gay. | 我想我可能是同性恋 |
[16:49] | What did you do,alan? | 你做了什么 艾伦 |
[16:51] | Nothing,but… | 没什么 只是… |
[16:53] | I’m starting to put the pieces together. | 我开始把线索都放到一起了 |
[16:56] | Which piece did you put where,alan? | 你又把哪条线索放到哪里了 艾伦? |
[17:01] | I’m just thinking that I failed at every female relationship I’ve ever had. | 我只是在想 我每一段与女性的感情都失败了 |
[17:05] | Oh,come on. That makes every man in the world gay. | 哦 拜托 如果这样那全世界男人都是同性恋了 |
[17:10] | Let me finish. | 让我说完 |
[17:12] | I’ve been unhappy for most of my life. | 我人生的大部分时间都不快乐 |
[17:16] | I never really fit in anywhere. | 我融入不了任何地方 |
[17:19] | And now,suddenly,I’m happy. | 而现在 突然间 我快乐起来了 |
[17:23] | Some might even say I’m…glowing. | 也许有人甚至会说我…容光焕发 |
[17:28] | There is a big leap between glowing and flaming. | 容光焕发和”闪耀”还是有很大区别的 (flaming形容在外表上表现自然大方的同性恋) |
[17:35] | I’m just saying,this friendship with greg has been,you know, | 我只是想说和格雷格的这段友情那么… |
[17:37] | so easy and-and fun, | 那么轻松有趣 |
[17:40] | and everybody else justseems happier thinking I’m gay. | 而且所有人知道我是同性恋以后都快乐多了 |
[17:45] | Maybe that’s the answer. | 也许这就是答案 |
[17:47] | What was the question? | 那么问题是什么? |
[17:49] | Who is Alan Harper? | 谁是艾伦 哈珀? |
[17:52] | Well,that’s easy. Alan Harper is an idiot | 很简单嘛 艾伦 哈珀是个白痴! |
[17:57] | Why is my sexuality so threatening to you? | 我的性取向哪里威胁到你了? |
[18:01] | It’s not threatening. | 不是威胁 |
[18:03] | -I am not threatened. -Is that so? | -我没被威胁 -真的吗? |
[18:05] | Okay,okay,now you listen to me. | 好了 好了 你听清楚了 |
[18:09] | You’re not gay,I’m not gay. | 你不是同性恋 我也不是同性恋 |
[18:11] | -Nobody’s gay! -Nobody’s gay? | -没人是同性恋! -没人是同性恋? |
[18:13] | Not in this house! | 这里没人是! |
[18:16] | Where are you going? | 你去哪里? |
[18:18] | I have to buy some new hair conditioner! | 我要去买些新的护发素 |
[18:25] | -So that was a good meeting tonight. -It was okay. | -今晚的聚会不错 -还好啦 |
[18:28] | But some of those single moms get real gossipy. | 不过那些单身母亲们还真八卦呢 |
[18:31] | Like rebecca milford? | 比如Rebecca Milford? |
[18:34] | Did you see what she had on? | 你看到她穿着什么了吗? |
[18:36] | Who could miss it? A woman that size should not wear paisley. | 谁会错过呢?她那样的身材 可不适合穿涡纹旋花的衣服 |
[18:41] | -Okay,thanks for the ride. -Oh,no problem. | -好了 谢谢你送我 -哦 不客气 |
[18:44] | So,we still taking the kids to the mall saturday? | 那么 我们周六还是要带孩子们去商场咯? |
[18:46] | Are you kidding? | 你开玩笑吗? |
[18:47] | I’m taking jake to the mall friday so he can have cool clothes to wear to the mall saturday. | 我要带杰克周五就去商场这样我们 在周六去的时候就有酷一点的衣服穿了 |
[18:52] | So maybe I’ll see you there friday. | 那也许我们周五商场见 |
[18:54] | Okay.Bye-bye. | 好了 再见 |
[18:59] | -Greg,wait. -Yeah? | -格雷格 等等 -什么事? |
[19:08] | Yeah? | 怎么了? |
[19:10] | What are you doing? | 你干什么呢? |
[19:13] | Uh,I was just,you know…checking. | 呃…我只是…确认下? |
[19:18] | Checking what? | 确认什么? |
[19:20] | Uh…it’s not important. | 哦…也没什么要紧事… |
[19:22] | I just thought,uh,that,you know,possibly… | 我只是觉得…嗯…你知道…也许… |
[19:26] | I might be… | 我也许是… |
[19:29] | never mind. | 算了 |
[19:31] | Alan,you’re not gay. | 艾伦 你不是同性恋 |
[19:33] | Are you sure? | 你确定? |
[19:35] | Do you find me sexually attractive? | 你觉得我对你有性吸引力吗? |
[19:38] | No. | 没 |
[19:39] | Do you find any man sexually attractive? | 你发现过男人对你有性吸引力吗? |
[19:42] | No. | 没有 |
[19:43] | Uh,maybe george clooney. | 也许…乔治·克鲁尼? (著名影星) |
[19:46] | Clooney doesn’t count. | 克鲁尼不算 |
[19:48] | Trust me. You’re not gay. | 相信我 你不是同性恋 |
[19:53] | Okay… | 好吧… |
[19:55] | You seem disappointed. | 看起来你挺失望的 |
[19:59] | I just… | 我只是… |
[20:00] | I feel like I’m letting a lot of people down. | 我觉得我让好多人失望了 |
[20:04] | Alan… | 艾伦… |
[20:06] | it’s okay to be straight. | 做个异性恋也蛮好的 |
[20:10] | I guess. | 我想是吧 |
[20:12] | So just to put all our cards on the table,you’re, | 让我们把话说明了吧 你… |
[20:14] | you’re not at all attracted to me? | 你一点也没被我吸引? |
[20:16] | No.You’re not my type. | 没有 你不是我喜欢的类型 |
[20:18] | -Now,charlie,on the other hand… -What about him? | -但是另一方面 查理嘛… -他怎么了? |
[20:20] | He’s,uh…very pretty. | 呃…他很帅气 |
[20:24] | -Get out of my car! -What? | -给我下去! -什么? |
[20:26] | You think charlie’s so pretty, go to the mall with charlie. | 你觉得查理那么帅的话那就和他去商场啊! |
[20:29] | Come on,alan,we’re friends. | 拜托 艾伦 我们是朋友! |
[20:31] | No,I’m always the friend. Everybody wants charlie. | 不 我总是只能当朋友 大家要的却总是查理 |
[20:34] | You’re not gay! | 艾伦!你不是同性恋! |
[20:36] | Yeah,yeah,well,there’s a principle involved. Good night! | 是啊是啊 我也有原则…晚安! |
[20:44] | Suit yourself. | 你自便吧 |
[20:52] | Well,at least I know who I am. | 好吧…至少我知道自己是谁了 |
[20:58] | A heterosexual…. | 一个异性恋神经病 |
[21:06] | I can’t believe you broke up with sophie’s dad. | 我简直不能相信你和Sophie的爸爸分手了 |
[21:10] | I didn’t… | 我没有… |
[21:12] | I’m not… | 我不是… |
[21:15] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉… |
[21:19] | You know what would help this room? | 你知道这个房间需要点什么吗? |
[21:21] | Get rid of all these lamps and put in some track lighting. | 去掉这些灯换上射灯 |
[21:25] | Much more flattering. | 更讨人喜欢 |
[21:30] | -What are you eating? -Lip gloss. | -你吃什么呢? -润唇膏 |