时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Hey Berta,how do you washing my underwear? | 嘿 贝塔 你是怎么洗我短裤的? |
[00:04] | Like I do everything else around here– with a song on my lips and love in my heart. | 就像我做每件事一样 嘴上哼着小曲儿 心中充满爱 |
[00:10] | I’m serious. | 我是说真的 |
[00:12] | I got a rash in my, you know, private area. | 我出疹子了 私密部位 |
[00:15] | Private? | 私密? |
[00:16] | You get any more traffic down there, you’re gonna have to open a starbucks. | 那边交通再繁忙下去 你就得开家星巴克了 |
[00:22] | Well, I thought maybe you’d changed laundry soap, | 我在想 你是不是换了洗衣皂 |
[00:24] | ’cause it’s all red and itchy especially right around my… | 那儿通红通红 还痒的要命 尤其是… |
[00:27] | excuse me. | 拜托 |
[00:30] | I’m sitting here eating a breakfast sausage. | 我正吃早餐的香肠呢 |
[00:35] | It’s not a sausage problem. | 又不是香肠的问题 |
[00:37] | It’s more in the meatball area. | 更准确的说 是肉球的区域 |
[00:43] | Kind of meatball adjacent. | 紧邻肉球的地方 |
[00:47] | Bet it’s swamp ass. | 肯定是汗屁股 |
[00:50] | What’s swamp ass? | 啥叫汗屁股? |
[00:51] | Don’t worry.You’d know if you had swamp ass. | 别担心 得了汗屁股 你就明白了 |
[00:54] | I hate swamp ass. | 最讨厌汗屁股了 |
[00:57] | You sure it’s just a rash? | 你确定 只是出疹子? |
[00:59] | What else could it be? | 还会是什么? |
[01:00] | Well, since we’re talking about your private area, | 既然说的是你的私密部位 |
[01:02] | it could anything from ebola to mad cow disease. | 那就啥都可能 埃博拉病毒啊 疯牛病啊 |
[01:06] | You get ebola from monkeys, right? | 猴子能传染埃博拉病毒 对吧? |
[01:08] | Right. | 对 |
[01:09] | It’s just a rash. | 只不过是疹子罢了 |
[01:12] | A kid at school got swamp ass.Cats followed him around for a year. | 学校里有个孩子得了汗屁股 猫在他身后跟了一年 |
[01:17] | You know what?Let’s just forget about it. | 得了 还是忘了吧 |
[01:19] | Oh, if only we could. | 喔 那也得忘的掉 |
[01:21] | Speaking of school, we’ve got a big day ahead of us. | 说起学校 咱们马上要迎来大日子了 |
[01:24] | We’ve got to go shopping for supplies, clothes. | 得去买日用品 衣服 |
[01:26] | Nice segue, dad. | 话题转移的不错 老爸 |
[01:28] | Well, the subject was crying out for change. | 话题巴不得想转移呢 |
[01:32] | Anyway, you’re starting a new school. | 不管怎么说 你要去新学校了 |
[01:33] | You’re gonna need new stuff. | 需要新东西嘛 |
[01:34] | Wait a sec.Melonhead made it into junior high? | 等等 西瓜头升上初中了? |
[01:38] | Yes. | 对 |
[01:40] | So you passed summer school? | 暑期学校考试合格了? |
[01:42] | Sort of. | 差不多吧 |
[01:43] | What do you mean, “sort of”? | 什么叫”差不多”? |
[01:44] | They said it was in everyone’s best interest if I moved on. | 他们说 要是我继续读初中 对大家都有好处 |
[01:49] | What’s that supposed to mean? | 那算什么意思? |
[01:50] | It means they promoted him. | 他们提拔他呀 |
[01:52] | He’s starting junior high, and there’s absolutely nothing to be gained in asking how or why. | 他就要上初中了 问啥都没有意义 |
[01:57] | Okay, well, whatever.I’m proud of you, man. | 行 管它呢 真为你骄傲 小子 |
[02:00] | For what? | 骄傲啥? |
[02:01] | I don’t know.Hanging in there until they were sick of you. | 我也不知道 一直撑到大伙儿都讨厌你 |
[02:04] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[02:07] | So…junior high, huh? | 嗯… 初中 哈? |
[02:09] | Boy, that brings back some memories, doesn’t it, alan? | 倒是有很多美好回忆啊 对吧 艾伦? |
[02:13] | Can we please not go down that road? | 拜托能别往下说了吗? |
[02:15] | What happened? | 到底是什么事儿? |
[02:16] | It’s just that… | 只不过是… |
[02:18] | kids in junior high can be a little judgmental. | 中学里的孩子喜欢批评人 |
[02:20] | Especially if you’re knocked up. | 尤其是被搞大肚子以后 |
[02:27] | Thank you, berta. | 谢谢噢 贝塔 |
[02:28] | Of course, on the up side, | 当然了 从好的方面来看 |
[02:31] | pregnant chicks didn’t have to go to gym. | 大肚子的妞儿 就用不着上体育课了 |
[02:34] | Did the guys who got ’em pregnant got any considerations? | 就不体谅体谅 搞大她们肚子的家伙? |
[02:36] | No, not even a hall pass. | 不行 想也别想 |
[02:40] | Are we quite done? | 咱们到底说完没有? |
[02:43] | You’ll see.Things will go great for you.You just have to remember a few things. | 你会明白的 事情会一切顺利 只需要记住几件事儿 |
[02:46] | Like what? | 比如? |
[02:47] | Well… | 嗯 |
[02:48] | always keep your lunch money in your shoe but have some spare change in your pocket. | 把午餐钱藏在鞋子里 但口袋里也得放几个子儿 |
[02:52] | -How come? – Decoy money. | -此话怎讲? -当作诱饵嘛 |
[02:53] | They won’t stop hitting you till they get something. | 他们不拿到点什么 是不会罢休的 |
[02:57] | Who are “they”? | “他们”是谁? |
[02:58] | The big kids holding you by your ankles and plunging your head in the toilet. | 那些大孩子 会拎着你脚踝 把你的头摁到厕所里 |
[03:03] | Plungingy head in the toilet? | 把我的头摁到厕所里? |
[03:05] | Don’t, don’t, don’t, don’t freak the kid out, alan. | 别 别 别吓坏孩子了 艾伦 |
[03:08] | It’s not so much plunging as dipping. | 不算是摁 也就是浸一下 |
[03:12] | Here’s what you do. | 你得这么办 |
[03:13] | Make friends with the janitor. | 跟看门人搞好关系 |
[03:15] | They usually have their own bathroom. | 他们都有单独卫生间 |
[03:18] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[03:19] | Just never drink out of his thermos. | 就是千万别喝他水壶里的东西 |
[03:22] | All right. | 明白 |
[03:23] | And don’t believe him if he tells you he loves you. | 要是他说他爱你 千万别信 |
[03:28] | Damn it, I miss that one-eyed son of a bitch. | 该死 真怀念那个独眼儿杂种 |
[03:35] | Oh, oh, and if you have to shower after gym class, | 对了 要是上完体育课要洗澡 |
[03:38] | remember, there is no shame in keeping your jockey shorts on. | 记住 穿着短裤洗 也不是那么丢人 |
[03:41] | Really? | 真的? |
[03:42] | Okay, there’s a little shame. | 好吧 是有点丢人 |
[03:45] | But the important thing is the fellows won’t be calling you “shrinky dink. | 不过关键是 大伙儿就不会叫你”缩小的鸡鸡”了 |
[03:50] | ” Shrinky dink? | “缩小的鸡鸡”? |
[03:52] | I’m a grower, not a shower. | 不鸣则矣 一鸣惊人 |
[03:56] | Oh, I almost forgot. | 噢 我差点忘了 |
[03:59] | I got you a little present. | 我给你买了个小礼物 |
[04:02] | Your very own cell phone. | 你的私人手机哦 |
[04:04] | Oh, cool. | 好棒 |
[04:05] | The important thing to remember is this is not a toy. | 重要的是要记住 这不是玩具 |
[04:07] | It’s to use in emergencies only. | 只能在紧急情况下使用 |
[04:09] | Emergencies?What emergencies? | 紧急情况 什么紧急情况? |
[04:11] | Dad, come get me! | 爸爸 快来救我! |
[04:13] | I’m stuffed in my locker and my underwear is wet! | 我被关在我的储物柜里了 内裤也湿了! |
[04:26] | That only happened once. | 那种情况就发生过一次 |
[04:28] | If that drug-sniffing dog hadn’t found you, you’d have missed thanksgiving. | 如果不是那些缉毒犬找到了你 你就把感恩节错过了 |
[04:33] | Drug-sniffing dog? | 缉毒犬? |
[04:35] | There were no, there were no drugs. | 没有 没有毒品 |
[04:37] | That’s true.Turns out those dogs are also sensitive to urine. | 没错 是因为那些狗对尿味也很敏感 |
[04:42] | I was in there for five hours. | 我在那里呆了五个小时 |
[04:45] | Five hours? | 五个小时? |
[04:47] | But you don’t have to worry about that. | 但你不需要担心这个 |
[04:49] | You have a cell phone. | 你有手机 |
[04:51] | Which you should hide where prisoners of war hid their watches. | 你应该把手机藏在 战俘藏手表的地方 |
[04:56] | -Where was that? – Moving on. | -在哪里? -还没说完 |
[04:59] | I’ve pre-programmed the phone. | 我已经设置好了 |
[05:00] | Speed dial one is me, speed dial two is the nurse’s office, | 快速拨号1是我 2是医务室 |
[05:03] | and speed dial three is the police. | 3则是警察 |
[05:06] | The police?What for? | 警察? 要来干嘛? |
[05:07] | You’ll know it when it happens. | 到时你就知道了 |
[05:10] | Now, about race riots. | 关于种族骚动 |
[05:11] | Try not to taksie des. | 要保持中立 |
[05:12] | If anybody asks, you’re mulatto. | 要是有人问起 你就说自己是黑白混血 |
[05:45] | how do they feel? | 感觉如何? |
[05:46] | Okay, but they’re ugly.They look likeold people shoes. | 还行 但好丑 像老人鞋 |
[05:49] | They’re not old people shoes.They’re walking shoes. | 这不是老人鞋 是步行鞋 |
[05:52] | Right, for peoplewho’ve been walking over 85 years. | 没错 对于一个步行85年的人来说 的确如此 |
[05:56] | I’d rather get these.These are cool. | 我想要这对 这对酷 |
[05:58] | Listen, jake,junior high is not about being cool or popular. | 听着杰克 高中生买鞋不讲究酷和流行 |
[06:02] | It’s about not getting mugged for your sneakers. | 而是讲究会否因其而被敲诈 |
[06:04] | I can get mugged for my sneakers? | 我会因穿着的鞋而被敲诈? |
[06:06] | Not those sneakers. | 这对就不会 |
[06:10] | No, not unless you go walking by an assisted living facility in a rough neighborhood. | 要是你再拄根拐杖走在贫民窟 就不一定了 |
[06:16] | What are you doing? | 你干什么? |
[06:22] | Sorry, this rash is driving me crazy. | 对不起 这皮疹痒死了 |
[06:25] | I feel stupid in these. | 穿这对很傻 |
[06:26] | Better to feel stupid than to betied to flagpole barefoot | 当高年级孩子把你光脚丫绑在旗杆 上吐口水时 |
[06:29] | while upperclassmen use you as a spittoon. | 你会觉得更傻 |
[06:32] | I don’t want to be tied to a flagpole. | 我不要被绑在旗杆上 |
[06:34] | You won’t be.Just wear the ugly shoes and don’t sit at the wrong lunch table. | 你不会的 只要你穿着这对丑鞋 还有吃饭时别坐错桌子就对了 |
[06:37] | Wrong table? | 坐错桌子? |
[06:39] | How will I know if it’s the wrong table? | 我怎么知道有没坐错? |
[06:41] | You’ll be tied to a flagpole, right, alan? | 看来你要被绑在旗杆上了 对吗 艾伦? |
[06:45] | That also only happened once. | 只是一次而已 |
[06:49] | Let’s just check the fit. | 看看合不合适 |
[06:52] | Ooh, good. Plenty of room for lunch money. | 很好 足够用来藏午饭钱 |
[07:02] | how come all my school clothes have to beige? | 为什么校服一定要米黄色? |
[07:04] | Because beige is not the color of any known gang. | 因为现在已知的黑帮 没有一个是穿米黄色的 |
[07:07] | Right, so instead of being mistaken for a crip or a blood, | 没错 你不会被错当作是瘸子或血块 |
[07:10] | you’ll be mistaken for a very large band-aid. | 但会被误认为一块巨型邦迪 |
[07:13] | Hey, band-aids are ouchless. | 至少贴邦迪不会痛 (被打会痛) |
[07:18] | Oh, oh, excuse me,excuse me. There’s a line. | 对不起 不好意思 请排队 |
[07:21] | Yeah, I just got a couple things. | 我知道 我只是买了两件东西 |
[07:23] | Well, I can see that, but it’s not really based on quantity of items. | 我看得见 但这似乎不是数量问题 |
[07:27] | It’s more of a we-were-here-before-you kind of deal. | 而是”我们先来”的问题 |
[07:31] | you gonna make a thing out of this? | 你准备采取什么行动吗? |
[07:35] | There’s no thing. | 也没有什么行动 |
[07:36] | I’m just, uh, just playing by the rules and wouldn’t it be nice if everybody did the same? | 我只是遵守秩序 要是每个人都能这样不是很好吗? |
[07:42] | Hang onto this, slick. | 拿着 小滑头 |
[07:45] | Now, you want to explain those rules again, jughead? | 你能再给我说说那些秩序吗 SB? |
[07:50] | You know what?If you’re in such a big hurry, why don’t you just go ahead? | 要是你真的那么急 我就让你好了 |
[07:53] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[07:57] | What the hell are you doing? | 搞什么鬼? |
[08:00] | Nothing.Here. | 没什么 给 |
[08:06] | *** *** | |
[08:08] | no, no, not chicken, just good common sense.Fighting accomplishes nothing. | 我不是胆小 这是起码社会公德 暴力解决不了问题 |
[08:11] | Oh, I didn’t know you were so french. | 我真不知道你原来那么绅士 |
[08:15] | -Hey. – Oh, hey, julie. | -嘿 -嘿 Julie |
[08:18] | how do you know my wife? | 你怎会认识我老婆? |
[08:21] | What?Oh, no, no, no.I-I-I don’t know her. | 什么? 不 不 不 我…我不认识她 |
[08:24] | You said, “hey, julie. | 你说 “嘿 Julie” |
[08:26] | ” N-no, no.I-I-I sneezed.Ay…chooie! | 不…不 我…我打喷嚏而已 |
[08:34] | -Gesundheit. – Thank you. | -为你的健康干杯! (德语祝酒辞 对打喷嚏的人祝愿) -谢谢 |
[08:37] | Oh, look, another cashier opened up.Let’s go, let’s go, let’s go. | 看 这边也可以结帐 走吧 走吧 走吧 |
[08:46] | but mom said I could wait for the bus by myself. | 但妈妈说我可以自己等公车 |
[08:49] | I know. | 我知道 |
[08:50] | I would really rather wait for the bus by myself. | 我真的一个人就好了 |
[08:53] | I just want to make sure you get off okay. | 我只是想确保你平安出发 |
[08:55] | Yeah, but being walked to the bus stop by my dad and my uncle? | 但是由爸爸叔叔送去坐公车? |
[08:58] | I’m gonna look so lame. | 我会显得很逊 |
[09:00] | Jake, buddy, that ship has sailed. | 杰克 伙计 覆水难收了 |
[09:09] | please don’t leave me. | 拜托别走 |
[09:12] | You’re okay. | 没事的 |
[09:13] | Just don’t make eye contact. | 避免眼神接触 |
[09:17] | Okay, when the bus comes, don’t take a window seat. | 车来时 不要靠窗坐 |
[09:20] | You don’t want to be trapped by one of these mouth-breathers and get pummeled. | 不然就要被某个二流子 逼在角落里猛揍 |
[09:23] | -Pummeled? – And be polite to the bus driver. | -猛揍? -还有对司机要礼貌 |
[09:25] | They tend to be damaged people with short fuses. | 他们一点火就会受刺激变脸成恶人 |
[09:28] | Fuses? | 点火? |
[09:29] | Don’t distract him. | 别瞎指点他 |
[09:31] | There’s no seatbelts on these old buses. | 这些旧公车上没安全带 |
[09:32] | One sharp turn, and all you kids will be flying around like lotto balls. | 一个急转 里面的小孩会像 摇奖机里的球一样飞起来 |
[09:35] | Balls? | 球? |
[09:41] | oh, uh, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. | 对了 等等… |
[09:45] | -Smile. – About what? | -笑一个 -为什么而笑? |
[09:47] | I need a current picture in case you go missing. | 你要是弄丢了 我需要一张近照 |
[09:50] | Alan, you’re being ridiculous. | 艾伦 你太夸张了 |
[09:51] | They never find those kids. | 丢了的孩子从来没被找回过 |
[09:53] | Give me a profile. | 侧面来张 |
[09:57] | Okay, now go and make it a great day. | 好了 开开心心上学去吧 |
[10:01] | Have fun. | 玩开心点 |
[10:19] | I just hope everything turns out all right. | 我只是希望一切按部就班 |
[10:22] | Well, we’ve done all we could. | 我们已经尽力了 |
[10:24] | Now it’s up to him. | 现在看他了 |
[10:37] | okay, okay, tell the doctor that if I was a tree, | 好的 好的 你告诉医生假设我是一棵树 |
[10:41] | the rash is predominantly around the mossy trunk area. | 那么皮疹已经攻占了 布满毛苔的树干部分 |
[10:51] | But I’m starting to see some redness on the adjacent boulders. | 而且附近的鹅卵石 貌似也开始发红 |
[10:57] | Oh, come on.E?”Tre two boulders”? | 不会吧从”树”到”鹅卵石” |
[10:59] | What part don’t you understand? | 你哪不明白? |
[11:02] | -Hey. – Hey. | -你好 -你好 |
[11:03] | Okay, just have him call me. | 好吧 让他给我打电话 |
[11:06] | -Heard from jake? – Nope. | -杰克来电话了吗? -没有 |
[11:07] | I’ll call him at his mom’S.See how school went. | 那我打去他妈家吧 问问他今天在学校怎样 |
[11:10] | Alan, does this look infected to you? | 艾伦 你看这像感染了吗? |
[11:12] | What?Oh! | 什么? 啊! |
[11:14] | Get that away from me! | 滚一边去! |
[11:16] | I’m not asking you to tickle it, just take a look. | 又不是让你用手抓 帮我看看嘛 |
[11:19] | No, thank you. | 不 多谢你了 |
[11:20] | But you’re a doctor. | 你是医生啊 |
[11:21] | I’m a chiropractor. | 我是指压按摩师 |
[11:24] | I work with vertebrae. | 我只管治椎骨的毛病 |
[11:25] | And contrary to popular belief, there’s not a single bone in the penis. | 而跟流行的说法正相反 阴茎里面是没有骨头的! |
[11:31] | Oh, hi, judith. | 你好 朱迪丝. |
[11:33] | Uh, n-nothing.I was just talking to charlie. | 没什么 我刚刚在跟查理说话 |
[11:35] | Hey, hey, is jake home from school yet? | 杰克放学回家了吗? |
[11:38] | No?Oh, okay.Well, I was just wondering how his first day went. | 还没有? 好吧 我就想问 他第一天上学情况如何 |
[11:42] | Have him call me, okay? | 让他给我回电 好吗? |
[11:44] | Thanks.Bye-bye. | 谢谢 再见 |
[11:47] | I hope he didn’t wander under the bleachers during lunch hour. | 希望他午饭时间没 躲到体育场看台下面 |
[11:50] | Nah, he’s smarter than that. | 不会啦 他没那么蠢吧 |
[11:52] | Smart? | 没那么蠢? |
[11:53] | Charlie, he only got out of sixth grade because he couldn’t fit in the desks anymore. | 查理 他能小学毕业 只是因为个子大了坐不进课桌 |
[11:58] | Well, if you’re that concerned, just call him on his cell. | 你那么担心 就打他手机好了 |
[12:00] | Good idea. | 好主意 |
[12:17] | uh, jake? | 杰克? |
[12:19] | Jake, where are you? | 杰克 你在哪? |
[12:22] | Oh, you’re still on the bus. | 噢 你还在校车上? |
[12:29] | Funny.I don’t hear the other kids. | 有趣 我听不到其他孩子的声音呢 |
[12:31] | Oh, yeah, it was a tough day.Everybody’s tired. | 是啊 今天很辛苦 大家都累了嘛 |
[12:36] | No kidding. | 真的啊 |
[12:39] | Dad, this phone is for emergencies only. | 爸爸 这手机只能用于紧急情况 |
[12:44] | Why aren’t you at your mother’s? | 你为什么没在妈妈家? |
[12:46] | I got off the bus at school, got on another bus and came here. | 我坐车到了学校 上了另一辆巴士 坐回来了 |
[12:49] | So you’ve never been to school today? | 你今天就没去上学? |
[12:51] | Of course not! | 当然没去! |
[12:53] | I don’t want to be stuffed in a locker, tied to a flagpole or dunked in a toilet! | 我不想被关在储物柜里 被绑在旗杆上或被塞进马桶里! |
[12:58] | Not dunked.Dipped. | 不是塞进 “浸湿”而已 |
[13:01] | And where are your new sneakers? | 你的新鞋呢? |
[13:03] | I sold them to the bus driver. | 卖给校车司机了 |
[13:12] | Charlie, can I talk to you for a minute? | 查理 我能跟你谈谈吗? |
[13:15] | Are those my comics? | 那是我的漫画吗? |
[13:17] | Charlie! | 查理! |
[13:19] | They’re near mint, and he wipes his boogers all over them. | 那都是9.9成新的! 被他弄了堆鼻屎上去! |
[13:23] | He was here all day, and you didn’t know? | 他一整天都在家 你都不知道? |
[13:25] | Hey, I’ve got a rash. | 我起疹子了 |
[13:30] | I can’t believe he cut school on his first day. | 我不敢相信 他第一天上学就翘课了 |
[13:33] | Well, when you think about it, it’s pretty smart. | 仔细想想 这么做挺聪明 |
[13:35] | As far as the school is concerned, he might just be a typo. | 学校可能会认为 是学生名单打错了 |
[13:39] | Charlie, the question is, why did he cut school? | 查理 问题是他为什么要逃学? |
[13:41] | Oh, that’s easy. | 很简单 |
[13:43] | He cut ’cause you scared the crap out of him and dressed him like an ace bandage. | 因为你把他吓坏了 还让他穿的像裹在绷带里一样 |
[13:46] | I was just trying to prepare him. | 我只是想帮他作好准备 |
[13:48] | For what?A life of running and hiding? | 为什么做准备?一辈子东躲西藏? |
[13:51] | No, no.A life of blending in, and only if they see you, running and hiding. | 不 让他学会融入人群 如果被发现了 再东躲西藏 |
[13:56] | Face it, alan, when the good lord was handing out courage, | 艾伦 上帝在分配勇气给众人时 |
[13:59] | you were crouched in a locker peeing on your gym socks. | 你缩在储物柜里 尿湿了自己的袜子! |
[14:03] | Okay, first of all, I had had three mr.Pibbs at lunch. | 首先 那天午餐我喝了三罐碳酸饮料 |
[14:09] | And secondly, i am not a coward. | 其次 我不是个懦夫! |
[14:11] | Come on, I’ve seen steelier nerves from a cat on the freeway. | 的了吧 公路上的猫都比你神经坚韧 |
[14:14] | That’s ridiculous. | 荒谬 |
[14:17] | *** | 哇! |
[14:20] | okay, I was not ready, and that was not fair. | 我没准备好!这不公平! |
[14:22] | And-and what about you? | 你自己呢? |
[14:24] | What about me? | 我怎么了? |
[14:25] | You’re afraid of everything. | 你什么都怕 |
[14:27] | Like what? | 例如? |
[14:28] | Well, let’s see. | 数一下啊 |
[14:29] | Germs, change, commitment, opening your eyes under water, | 细菌 变化 承诺 在水底睁眼 |
[14:31] | angry husbands, angry ex-girlfriends, large birds, spiders and mom. | 愤怒的丈夫 发彪的前女友 大鸟 蜘蛛 还有妈妈 |
[14:36] | Hold on. | 等等 |
[14:37] | Hold on a sec. | 等会 |
[14:39] | I am not afraid to open my eyes under water. | 我不怕在水下睁眼 |
[14:42] | I’m just sensitive to chlorine. | 我只是对氯敏感 |
[14:44] | Right. | 可不是 |
[14:45] | And for the record, it’s just when birds get indoors. | 还有 我只怕屋里的鸟 |
[14:47] | In the sky, I got no problem. | 我不怕天上的 |
[14:50] | Fine, fine.Live in denial. | 很好 你就不承认吧 |
[14:52] | I’m gonna try and straighten my kid out. | 我要去跟我的小孩讲明事理了 |
[14:55] | And what sane person is not afraid of spiders? | 还有 哪个正常人不怕蜘蛛啊? |
[15:02] | what I’m trying to say is that it was wrong to fill your head | 是我的错 跟你说了一大堆 |
[15:05] | with a lot of horrible things to avoid at school. | 如何在学校里躲过可怕的事情 |
[15:08] | ‘Cause the truth is, you can’t avoid any of them. | 实际上 那是根本逃不掉的 |
[15:10] | Charlie… | 查理… |
[15:11] | you don’t want him living his life in fear, right? | 你不想他一辈子担惊受怕吧? |
[15:13] | Well, yeah, but… | 是的 但是… |
[15:14] | well, scary things happen in life. | 生活中总会有吓人的事情发生 |
[15:16] | And he can either hide from them like you… | 他可以向你一样逃避… |
[15:17] | -like us. – Don’t nitpick. | -像我们一样 -别碎碎念了 |
[15:21] | Or you can stand up to them. | 或者你可以勇敢的面对它们 |
[15:23] | I mean, look, getting hit in the fe achurts, but you know what hurts more? | 被人一拳打在脸上可能会痛 但你知道什么更痛? |
[15:27] | A kick in the crotch? | 一脚踢在弟弟上? |
[15:31] | Well, yeah, sure. | 嗯 当然了 |
[15:33] | I took a soccer ball to the nads once. | 我那被橄榄球击中过 |
[15:35] | Thought my eyes were gonna pop out. | 疼得眼珠都快掉出来了 |
[15:43] | Yeah, but that pain passes. | 对 但那种疼痛会过去 |
[15:46] | What hurts more and lasts longer than anything is the humiliation of running away. | 而逃避带来的耻辱会一直延续下去 |
[15:51] | Couldn’t ride my bike for a week. | 一周都不能骑自行车 |
[15:54] | Jake, jake, I think you’re missing the point. | 杰克 我觉得你没明白我们的意思 |
[15:56] | Makes you wonder what they’re doing hanging down there in the first place. | 我甚至怀疑长那话儿干啥 |
[16:01] | Now, what I think uncle charlie is trying to say is that, | 我觉得 查理叔叔想说的是 |
[16:05] | yeah, you might get hit, | 没错 你可能被打 |
[16:06] | you might get stuffed in a locker, but you know what? | 你可能被锁在储物柜里 但是 你知道吗 |
[16:09] | You’ll survive. | 你总能挺过来 |
[16:11] | You may get bruised, you may bleed, you may lose a few teeth, but… | 可能会有淤伤 可能会流血 可能会少几颗牙 但是… |
[16:15] | you’ll have your self-respect. | 你会获得自尊 |
[16:17] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[16:19] | How do you stop being afraid? | 你们怎么克服害怕? |
[16:23] | Well, I drink. | 我喝酒 |
[16:33] | But I didn’t start till ninth grade. | 但我直到九年级才开始喝 |
[16:42] | yeah, judith, he was at charlie’s the whole time. | 是的 朱迪丝 他一直在查理那里 |
[16:46] | Well, he said he was too scared to go to school. | 哦 他说他害怕 不敢去上学 |
[16:52] | How should I know why he’s so scared? | 我怎么知道他为什么这么害怕 |
[16:55] | Maybe you’re overprotective. | 可能是你保护过度了 |
[16:58] | Good one. | 说得好 |
[17:02] | I-I know you mean well. | 我知道你是好意 |
[17:04] | All right, we’ll be there in a few minutes. | 好的 我们一会儿就到 |
[17:06] | Okay.Bye-bye. | 好 再见 |
[17:09] | Did you hear that? | 听见了吗? |
[17:09] | Yeah, it’s mom’s fault. | 是的 是妈妈的错 |
[17:11] | Attaboy. | 好孩子 |
[17:16] | Come on.It’s green.Let’s go. | 快点儿 绿灯了 走啊 |
[17:23] | what’s the matter with this guy? | 这个人怎么回事儿? |
[17:29] | looks like he’s coming to tell you. | 看起来他要过来告诉你 |
[17:33] | Lock your doors!Lock your doors! | 锁门 锁门 |
[17:36] | Wait, wait, no, no, wait. | 等等 不 等一下 |
[17:38] | I am tired of running and hiding.Are you tired of running and hiding? | 我受够了逃跑和躲藏 你受够了逃跑和躲藏了吗? |
[17:42] | Yes, I am. | 是的 |
[17:43] | Remember, jake, courage is not the absence of fear. | 记住 杰克 勇气 不代表不害怕 |
[17:46] | It’s taking action despite fear. | 而是 尽管害怕 还是要采取行动 |
[17:49] | That’s very true. | 说的没错 |
[17:55] | Let’s do this. | 我们行动吧 |
[17:56] | Right behind you. | 紧随你后边 |
[18:05] | Two against one wouldn’t be fair. | 两个打一个 不太公平 |
[18:10] | now, that’s courage. | 现在 这才叫勇气 |
[18:12] | Aren’t you proud of him? | 你不为他感到骄傲吗? |
[18:15] | you got your cell phone? | 你带手机了吗? |
[18:17] | It’s only for emergencies. | 那是紧急状况下才用的 |
[18:21] | help me. | 救救我 |
[18:24] | I think this qualifies. | 我觉得目前符合情况 |
[18:29] | charlie, charlie, charlie charlie, charlie! | 查理 查理 查理 查理 查理 |
[18:36] | hello? | 喂? |
[18:41] | help me, charlie! | 救救我 查理! |
[18:52] | you are a bad brother. | 你是个坏兄弟 |
[18:55] | I really thought you had him. | 我真的以为你能打败他 |
[18:57] | Okay, mr.Harper, try not to sneeze.You’ll blow those st rchesitight out. | 好了 哈珀先生 尽量不要打喷嚏 会爆线的 |
[19:01] | Thank you, doctor. | 谢谢你 医生 |
[19:03] | Hey, doc? | 嗨 医生 |
[19:04] | While I got you here, let me show you something. | 既然我已经来这儿了 我给你看点儿东西 |
[19:08] | Oh my goodness, your little jimmy is all crimson. | 哦 我的天 你的小弟弟全都红了 |
[19:12] | Yeah.What do you think? | 是的 你觉得是怎么回事儿? |
[19:14] | Well, it, uh, looks like an allergic reaction. | 哦 看起来像是过敏反应 |
[19:17] | Have you been applying anything to your genital region? | 你给你的生殖器涂过什么东西吗? |
[19:20] | Just the usual– waitresses and actresses. | 就是普通的 女服务生们和女演员们 |
[19:23] | Oh wait, wait.Does grecian formula count? | 哦 等等 希腊配方(染发剂)算吗? |
[19:25] | Grecian formula? | 希腊配方? |
[19:27] | You tried to get the gray out of your pubic hair? | 你打算把你阴毛的灰色盖住? |
[19:30] | Well, I wanted to leave a little silver around the sides. | 哦 我本想在周围留一点点银色的 |
[19:32] | You know, look distinguished. | 你知道 看起来比较特别 |
[19:34] | Distinguished?That’s interesting. | 特别 有意思 |
[19:37] | We have a saying in my country. | 我们国家有一种说法 |
[19:40] | “You can put a tuxedo on a goat, but it is still a goat. | 你可以给山羊穿上晚礼服 可它仍旧是山羊 |
[19:45] | ” Yeah, well, we have a saying in my country, too. | 没错 我们国家也有一种说法 |
[19:48] | “Help me, my balls are on fire. | 帮帮我 我的蛋蛋都快着火了 |
[19:51] | ” Okay, I’ll get you some salve. | 好吧 我给你拿点儿药膏 |
[19:57] | How about that? | 怎么样? |
[19:58] | Allergic reaction, nothing to be scared of. | 过敏反应 没什么好害怕的 |
[20:02] | All’s well that ends well, right? | 皆大欢喜 是吧? |
[20:06] | What’d they give you for the pain? | 他们给你什么止痛药了? |
[20:09] | Ah, you lucky bastard. | 啊 你可幸运 |
[20:12] | Wish my balls hurt more. | 真希望我的蛋蛋更疼点儿 |