时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Today is your birthday. | 今天你过生日 |
[00:05] | and we’re going to a ball game and we’ve only got three tickets. | 咱们要去看球赛 而且只有三张票 |
[00:07] | -Cool. -It’s not his birthday. | -太好了 -今天不是他生日 |
[00:09] | What else you get me? | 你还要送我什么? |
[00:10] | It’s not your birthday.Charlie,what’s going on? | 今天不是你生日 查理 怎么回事? |
[00:12] | I’ve got a very delicate situation here, and I need to appear as if I have plans today. | 很棘手的情况 我得假装今天有安排了 |
[00:16] | Does your delicate situation have a name? | 你棘手的情况有名字么? |
[00:18] | I’m sure she does.Just follow my lead. | 她肯定有名字 跟着我随机应变 |
[00:20] | Dodgers or Angels? | 道奇队还是天使队? |
[00:21] | Let’s say Dodgers.See,the kid knows how to do this. | 那就道奇队吧 孩子都知道怎么办 |
[00:25] | I’ll get my mitt. | 我去拿棒球手套 |
[00:26] | Oh,boy,ball game. | 天哪 球赛 |
[00:29] | Now that’s commitment. | 这就叫入戏 |
[00:31] | That’s not commitment, that’s lead paint in the nursery. | 那不叫入戏 那是幼儿园里的铅涂料 |
[00:33] | Hey,Steve,you down there? | 嘿 史蒂夫 你在吗? |
[00:36] | Oh,yeah, and my name’s Steve. | 对了 我叫史蒂夫 |
[00:39] | Coming. | 来啦 |
[00:41] | Charlie,Charlie, I am not going to lie to some poor woman just so you can dump her. | 查理 我不帮你撒谎甩女人 |
[00:44] | I am not “dumping” her.We’ve just… | 这不是甩 我们只是… |
[00:47] | grown apart. | 各自成长 |
[00:48] | Since you picked her up at a bar last night? | 从你昨晚在酒吧泡到她? |
[00:51] | People change. | 人会变的 |
[00:54] | -Hello? -Oh,God. | -有人么? -噢 上帝 |
[00:58] | In here,Mom. | 在这儿呢 妈妈 |
[01:00] | So what are my boys up to today? | 我的儿子们今天要干什么? |
[01:05] | We’re going to a Dodger game and we’ve only got three tickets. | 我们要去看道奇队的比赛 而且只有三张票 |
[01:16] | So… | 那么… |
[01:18] | you’re on your way to a ball game. | 你们正要去看球赛 |
[01:20] | Yep.It’s a little treat for Jake’s birthday. | 是的 给杰克过生日的小礼物 |
[01:22] | That was months ago. | 他生日是几个月前 |
[01:25] | We were waiting for bobble head day. | 今天的比赛有摇头娃娃 (部分场次会向观众派发小玩具) |
[01:30] | It’s good for Jake to see other bobble heads. | 让杰克见见同类也好 |
[01:35] | Hey,Dad,I just checked online.Dodgers are in San Francisco today. | 嘿 爸爸 我刚才上网查了 道奇队今天在旧金山 |
[01:41] | Yes,well… | 对 那个… |
[01:43] | we’d better get going,then. | 那咱们就赶紧走吧 |
[01:47] | It’s quite a drive. | 车且得开一阵呢 |
[01:49] | Must you continue with this pathetic little charade? | 你一定要继续这种无聊的骗术么? |
[01:53] | At this point, we’re kind of committed. | 我们决心很大 一定要去的 |
[01:56] | All right,all right, we’re not going to a ball game. | 好吧 好吧 我们没要去看球赛 |
[01:58] | We’re not?Man,this is the worst birthday ever. | 不去么? 这是最滥的一次生日 |
[02:02] | Why do you have to lie to me? | 你们干吗要骗我? |
[02:04] | We don’t have to.It’s a choice we make. | 不是非要这样 只是选择之一 |
[02:07] | Well,you both might find this all amusing, but I do have feelings and I can be hurt. | 你们也许觉得挺有意思 可确实伤到我了 |
[02:14] | Sorry,Mom. | 对不起 妈妈 |
[02:15] | It’s just crushing to know that my own sons think so little of me. | 被儿子们如此地不重视 太打击我了 |
[02:19] | Really?After all this time? | 真的? 你才感觉到? |
[02:22] | Charlie. | 查理 |
[02:23] | We’re both sorry. | 我俩都很抱歉 |
[02:25] | Is there anything we can do to make it up to you? | 我们怎样做才能弥补你呢? |
[02:26] | Well,as a matter of fact, there is. | 确实有个办法 |
[02:28] | You just walked right into that. | 你完全被绕进去了 |
[02:31] | Teddy is out of town and I need an escort for the Civic Light Opera benefit this evening. | 泰迪外出了 今晚市里 有个公益轻歌剧演出 我想找个人陪我去看 |
[02:35] | Why don’t you try one of those escort services? | 您为什么不试试陪护服务? |
[02:38] | Charlie,if I were going to pay $200 an hour for a man, | 查理 如果让我花200美元租个男人 |
[02:41] | I would not be taking him to the opera. | 我是不会带他看轻歌剧的 |
[02:44] | That’s fair. | 说得也是 |
[02:45] | Well,I’d love to help you out,Mom, but I have a date tonight. | 妈妈 我很想陪您 可我今晚有个约会 |
[02:50] | So now it’s inflatable sex doll night at Dodger Stadium. | 道奇体育场的充气娃娃性爱夜吧 |
[02:54] | No.No,I really have a date. | 不是 不是 我真有个约会 |
[02:58] | And the doll was a gag gift from one of my patients. | 那个充气娃娃是个病人送的恶搞礼物 |
[03:01] | Charlie,what about you? | 查理 你呢? |
[03:02] | I tried it once, but I prefer a real woman. | 我试过 可我还是更喜欢真正的女人 |
[03:05] | Do you have plans this evening? | 你今晚有安排么? |
[03:09] | Oh,I…well… | 噢 我… 那个… |
[03:10] | Hey,Steve. | 嘿 史蒂夫 |
[03:12] | In here. | 在这儿 |
[03:14] | As a matter of fact, I do have plans. | 我确实有安排 |
[03:16] | I have a very special lady friend over for the weekend. | 周末 有位很特别的女性朋友来访 |
[03:19] | And here she is now.Hey,baby. | 她来了 嘿 宝贝儿 |
[03:21] | Hi. | 你好 |
[03:24] | Excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[03:30] | Isn’t she something? | 厉害吧 |
[03:36] | Okay,but get a town car, ’cause I ain’t going sober. | 好吧 但得坐公车去 因为我肯定会喝醉 |
[03:46] | Your town car’s here. | 公车来了 |
[03:48] | Terrific. | 棒极了 |
[03:50] | Come on.Now I have been to a lot of these things with Mom, | 别这样 我经常和妈妈出去 |
[03:53] | and I know you think it’s going to be bad, | 我知道 你觉得这会很糟糕 |
[03:54] | but believe me,it’s going to be worse than you can even imagine. | 但是相信我 没有最糟 只有更糟 |
[03:59] | You’re really enjoying this,aren’t you? | 其实你特开心吧? |
[04:01] | You just love seeing me unhappy. | 你就是喜欢看我难受 |
[04:03] | Well… | 那个… |
[04:04] | yeah. | 对 |
[04:07] | I mean,did you feel sorry for me | 你可有为我难过么? |
[04:08] | when I had to wear that cowboy outfit to her celebrity AIDS hoedown? | 当我穿着牛仔装 参加她的防艾滋病宣传舞会 |
[04:12] | That was different. | 那不一样 |
[04:13] | -How? -It was you. | -哪不一样? -那是你 |
[04:15] | Yeah,well,now it’s you. | 对 可现在是你了 |
[04:18] | Yippee-ky-yay, mother-accompanier. | 哦 耶 妈妈伴侣 |
[04:26] | Want a few tips? | 给你点建议? |
[04:28] | Like what? | 比如? |
[04:29] | Well,let’s see, | 我想想 |
[04:31] | Mom likes to starve herself for a few days | 妈妈喜欢参加活动前 先饿上几天 |
[04:33] | before these events so she can fit into her gown. | 这样她就可以塞进礼服里了 |
[04:35] | That means she’ll be knocking back vodka gimlets on a completely empty stomach. | 也就是说 她会空腹灌伏特加 |
[04:40] | Aw,geez.She can be a cranky drunk. | 我靠 她会喝成一个暴躁的醉鬼 |
[04:43] | Cranky? | 暴躁? |
[04:45] | I got bitch-slapped with my own ten-gallon hat. | 他拿我的牛仔帽抽我的脸 |
[04:49] | So what’s the tip?Don’t wear a ten-gallon hat? | 那你建议什么? 别戴牛仔帽? |
[04:52] | All you have to do is bring along a little baggie of crackers. | 你只要带一小包饼干就行了 |
[04:55] | You know,saltines,goldfish, | 比如 咸饼干 鱼型饼干 |
[04:58] | anything you can stuff down her throat to soak up the booze. | 所有能塞进肚子吸收酒精的东西 |
[05:00] | How about a throw pillow? | 沙发靠垫怎么样? |
[05:04] | Oh,and whatever you do,don’t let her take off her shoes. | 随你怎样 就是别让她脱鞋 |
[05:07] | Why not? | 为什么? |
[05:08] | Well,A) you’ll be carrying them all night, | 第一 你会拎一晚上 |
[05:10] | and B) you’ll wind up giving her a foot massage in the lobby, | 第二 你会在大庭广众之下给她按摩脚 |
[05:13] | and that’s not something anybody wants to see. | 这场面没人愿意看到 |
[05:16] | Oh,God. | 噢 上帝 |
[05:16] | Not to mention the fact that it puts you on bunion patrol. | 而且她会让你看她变形的拇趾关节 |
[05:22] | Anyway,have fun. | 反正 好好玩儿吧 |
[05:25] | I’m off to pick up a beautiful, smart,funny, | 我得去接一位美丽 聪慧 风趣 |
[05:28] | sexually available woman who,best of all, is not my mother. | 可以做爱的女性了 最美妙的是 她不是我妈 |
[05:33] | Give it time.You’ll get her there. | 你早晚也会拿她当妈 |
[05:37] | In consideration of the evening you have ahead of you, | 考虑到你将面临的这个夜晚 |
[05:40] | I’m gonna let you have that one. | 我决定不跟你计较 |
[05:48] | Yeah,these are the good times. | 真是爽啊 |
[05:55] | Another gimlet please. | 请再来一杯伏特加 |
[05:57] | You sure you don’t want a Wheat Thin? | 你真不想来块全麦压缩饼干? |
[06:01] | wheaty. | 全麦的? |
[06:03] | No.I need the liquor to dull the pain. | 不要 我需要酒精来麻痹痛苦 |
[06:05] | My shoes are killing me. | 这鞋疼死我了 |
[06:07] | Yeah,but they look wonderful on your feet, right where they are now. | 可你穿着漂亮极了 赶紧穿好了 |
[06:11] | Oh,look who’s over there. | 看谁在那儿 |
[06:13] | Who? | 谁? |
[06:14] | One of the most powerful union leaders in Hollywood. | 好莱坞最具影响力的协会领导之一 |
[06:17] | What about him? | 他怎么了? |
[06:21] | Really?The mob? | 真的? 黑帮? |
[06:24] | Yeah,they say he killed a writer once just to make a point. | 他们说他杀了个编剧 只为了证明一点 |
[06:28] | What was the point? | 哪一点? |
[06:30] | “I can kill a writer. | “我可以杀死一个编剧” |
[06:34] | -And the silver-haired man he’s talking to? -Yeah? | -还有正在跟他说话的那个银发男人 -怎么了? |
[06:36] | That is the king of vaginal rejuvenation surgery, | 他是阴道修复手术之王 |
[06:40] | but interestingly,he’s never used one himself, rejuvenated or otherwise. | 但有意思的是 他从来不玩那里 不管是否修复过 |
[06:47] | Wouldn’t that make him the queen of vaginal surgery? | 那岂不是叫阴道手术皇后 |
[06:51] | Good for you,Charlie. | 真有你的 查理 |
[06:52] | I wish I’d thought of that, and from now on I did. | 我怎么没想到呢 不过 从现在开始我也这么觉得 |
[06:56] | It’s yours.So,what other dirt you got? | 随你用 你还知道什么脏人? |
[07:00] | Oh,darling,you know I don’t like to speak ill of anyone. | 噢 亲爱的 你知道 我不喜欢说别人坏话 |
[07:06] | All right. | 好吧 |
[07:08] | Bankrupt,embezzler, tushie tuck, bigamist,pill freak | 破产者 盗用公款者 屁股整过 重婚者 嗑药的 |
[07:13] | and that one over there | 还有那边那人 |
[07:14] | underwent surgery to have a cell phone removed from his lower intestine. | 动了个手术 从他小肠取手机 |
[07:18] | Ouch.How in the world did it get there? | 哎哟 怎么进去的呀? |
[07:21] | One can speculate,but I have it on good authority that it was set to vibrate. | 有各种猜测 不过据权威消息 那手机调成震动了 |
[07:27] | How do you know all these things? | 你怎么知道这些事儿的? |
[07:29] | Oh,Charlie, it’s my business to know these things. | 噢 查理 我的工作就是了解这些事情 |
[07:33] | High end real estate is all about gathering information and forging relationships. | 高端房地产就是收集信息 收集人脉 |
[07:39] | Hello,Beatrice darling.Lovely to see you. | 你好 Beatrice亲爱的 很高兴见到你 |
[07:42] | You two-dollar whore. | 你个两元妓 |
[07:45] | You know,Mom,it’s great to watch you doing autopsies when I’m not the cadaver. | 你知道么 妈妈 看你做尸检真有意思 只要对象不是我 |
[07:50] | Half the fun is sharing with someone you love. | 一半的快乐来自与你爱的人分享的快乐 |
[07:52] | Oh,you see the statuesque woman over there the one with the knockoff Prada handbag? | 看见那边雕像似的女人了么? 拿着减价Prada手包的那个 |
[07:56] | Don’t tell me–she’s not a woman. | 别告诉我… 她不是女人 |
[07:59] | Oh,she’s a woman.She’s an amazing woman. | 她是女人 她是个神奇的女人 |
[08:02] | She built a children’s hospital in Guatemala. | 她在危地马拉建了一所儿童医院 |
[08:05] | Yeah,and…? | 然后呢…? |
[08:07] | Once they’re healthy enough to walk, | 一旦他们康复 能走路了 |
[08:09] | she flies them to Los Angeles and leases them out to celebrities as household slaves. | 她就把他们带到洛杉矶 把他们租给名人当家佣 |
[08:14] | Hello,dear. | 你好 亲爱的 |
[08:17] | I’m trying to sell her home. | 我正在卖她的房子 |
[08:20] | It’s hard to put a good spin on “media room slash dungeon. | 她的多媒体室兼地牢 很难找卖点 |
[08:30] | ” I’m sorry,Alan, I can’t do this. | 对不起 艾伦 我做不了 |
[08:32] | Sure you can. | 你当然可以 |
[08:33] | I mean,you are, and if you’ll allow me to say so, you’re pretty good at it. | 我是说 你正在做 如果你允许我这样说 你很擅长嘛 |
[08:38] | It’s not you,it’s me. | 不是你的问题 是我 |
[08:41] | Yeah,right. | 是啊 没错 |
[08:41] | What is that supposed to mean? | 你这是什么意思? |
[08:42] | Sharon,I have been rejected by… | Sharon 我这辈子已经被… |
[08:46] | 32 different women in my life. | 32个不同的女人拒绝过了 |
[08:49] | And you know what, it’s never been me. | 而且 你知道么 从来都不是我的问题 |
[08:52] | Okay,it’s you.Feel better? | 好吧 是你 感觉好些吗? |
[08:55] | Actually no. | 不好 |
[08:57] | You’re a very nice guy. | 你是个很不错的人 |
[08:59] | No,that’s even worse. | 不 这样更难受了 |
[09:00] | You know what they say about nice guys. | 你知道他们怎么说好人 |
[09:01] | Yes,they finish last. | 是的 他们坚持到最后 |
[09:03] | No,the finish in the shower. | 不 他们坚持到淋浴的时候 |
[09:05] | What do you want me to say? | 你想让我说什么? |
[09:06] | I can’t help it if I’m not sexually attracted to you. | 你对我没性吸引力 我也没办法呀 |
[09:09] | Yes,you can. | 不 你可以 |
[09:10] | You just have to make an effort. | 你只要做点努力 |
[09:13] | You know those jokes you don’t get right away? | 那些你不能马上明白的笑话 |
[09:15] | And then in a day or two you find yourself laughing and laughing? | 一两天后 发现自己笑个不停 |
[09:19] | That’s me. | 我就这样 |
[09:22] | I’m one of those jokes. | 我就是那种笑话 |
[09:24] | You’ll sleep with me now, and you’ll be attracted to me later. | 你现在和我睡觉 然后 你会发现我有吸引力 |
[09:30] | Please,Sharon,just, just give me a chance. | 求你 Sharon 就 就给我个机会吧 |
[09:34] | Aw,what the hell. | 管它呢 |
[09:38] | Good to see you,dear. | 见到你真好 亲爱的 |
[09:40] | You look marvelous. | 你看起来棒极了 |
[09:42] | For a heroin addict. | 按瘾君子来说 |
[09:45] | Let me ask you something. | 我想问你 |
[09:46] | If you don’t like any of these people, why do you come to these things? | 既然 这里的人你都不喜欢 那 你来这儿干吗 |
[09:49] | Charlie,do you read the paper? | 查理 你看报纸么? |
[09:51] | Do you have any idea what the Los Angeles real estate market is like now? | 你了解洛杉矶房地产的现状么? |
[09:54] | Can’t say I do.Hey,how are those feet feeling? | 不算了解 嘿 你脚不难受啊? |
[09:56] | You want to put your shoes back on? | 你想穿上鞋么? |
[09:58] | No one is selling unless they have to. | 逼不得已 谁都不想去卖 |
[10:01] | Which means I have to be out working these rooms every night | 也就是说 我必须每晚 到这些地方找活 |
[10:04] | to learn who’s getting divorced,who’s dying, | 看看谁要离婚了 谁要死了 |
[10:06] | who can’t make bail, who’s crappy sitcom got cancelled. | 谁不能保释了 谁的无聊连续剧被砍了 |
[10:10] | Let’s face it,I’m not a young woman anymore. | 我得面对现实 我已经不是个年轻的女人了 |
[10:12] | I mean,in the old days I could find out all that stuff at home on my back. | 我是说 过去在家 我转过身就能找到要的东西 |
[10:18] | -Evelyn. -Margaret. | -伊夫琳 -Margaret |
[10:20] | Good to see you.How’s married life? | 见到你真好 婚后生活如何呀? |
[10:22] | Oh,just one long honeymoon. | 噢 只过了个漫长的蜜月期 |
[10:24] | That’s because she bangs a different groom every night. | 那是因为她每晚都泡不同的男人 |
[10:29] | Hi,Charlie Harper. | 你好 我是查理 哈珀 |
[10:32] | Oh,my God! | 噢 我的天哪 |
[10:35] | That was amazing. | 太棒了 |
[10:38] | Wasn’t that amazing? | 不是么? |
[10:40] | I hate myself. | 我恨自己 |
[10:43] | What?No,no,you were great. | 什么? 不 不 你很棒 |
[10:46] | You did a crackerjack job. | 你这方面挺强的 |
[10:48] | Why do I do this? | 我为什么要这么做? |
[10:49] | Why do I have this constant need to degrade myself? | 我为什么总是有这种自我作践的需求? |
[10:57] | Would it help to cuddle? | 抱一下会好点么? |
[10:59] | Don’t touch me. | 别碰我 |
[11:01] | Okay,no touching. | 好 不碰 |
[11:04] | The image of you lying on top of me will haunt me forever. | 你趴在我上面的样子 永远是我的阴影 |
[11:15] | Did you want to be on top? | 你想在上面? |
[11:18] | ‘Cause if you give me a half an hour and a glass of juice, we could try that. | 你要是能给我半小时 喝杯橙汁 我们就可以试试那样 |
[11:25] | Hey,hey,Dr.Phillips, it’s me,Sharon. | 嘿 嘿 Phillips医生 是我 Sharon |
[11:28] | I did it again! | 我又做了! |
[11:30] | I don’t know why! | 我也不知道为什么! |
[11:32] | I felt sorry for him. | 我觉得对不起他 |
[11:35] | Hey,hey,why don’t I whip us up some French toast? | 嘿 嘿 我马上给你烤点 法国土司怎么样? |
[11:40] | Shut…up. | 闭… 嘴 |
[11:44] | Okay,I’m just gonna get a nice glass of cran-apple just in case. | 好吧 那我就拿一杯酸果汁以防万一 |
[11:49] | How bad was it?How bad was it?I’m in a fold-out bed! | 有多糟糕? 有多糟糕? 我躺在一张折叠床上! |
[11:59] | -‘Morning. -‘Morning. | -早上好 -早上好 |
[12:03] | Hey,Berta,you’re a woman. | 嘿 贝塔 你是女人 |
[12:05] | Where we going with this,zippy? | 你想说什么? 色鬼 |
[12:08] | I was just wondering, | 我只是在想 |
[12:09] | what does it mean when someone starts crying uncontrollably after sex? | 一个人做完爱后 开始无法控制地大哭 是什么意思? |
[12:14] | Well,in my experience, it usually means the conjugal visit’s over. | 据我的经验 通常在监狱配偶探访结束时 |
[12:22] | Right,thanks. | 没错 谢谢 |
[12:24] | What happened,did you get yourself a weeper? | 怎么了 你招回家一个爱哭鬼? |
[12:26] | Yeah.Yeah,last night. | 对 昨晚 |
[12:28] | I’ve never seen anything like it before. | 我以前从未遇到过这种事 |
[12:30] | That’s hard to believe. | 我才不信 |
[12:33] | I got it | 我接了 |
[12:35] | Hello. | 喂? |
[12:37] | Oh,hey,Mom,how are you? | 噢 嘿 妈妈 你好么? |
[12:39] | Yeah,thatwasfun last night. | 是啊 昨晚棒极了 |
[12:42] | No,I’m not doing anything.Why? | 我现在没事儿 怎么了? |
[12:44] | Sure,I’d love to go shopping with you. | 当然 我很愿意和你去逛街 |
[12:48] | Great.I’ll see you,then. | 好 一会见 |
[12:57] | What? | 怎么了? |
[13:00] | -Nothing. -Nothing. | -没事儿 -没事儿 |
[13:02] | Hey,hey,Mom’s not that bad. | 嘿 嘿 妈妈没那么糟糕 |
[13:04] | In fact,she’s kind of fun to hang out with. | 实际上 和她出去还挺有意思的 |
[13:09] | That has to be the creepiest thing I’ve ever heard. | 这是我听到过的最恐怖的事情 |
[13:12] | You know,I said the same thing to myself just a couple minutes ago. | 我几分钟前和自己说了同样的话 |
[13:23] | Are you sure you can’t stay for dinner? | 你真的不能留下吃晚饭了? |
[13:24] | Oh,I’d love to,sweetie, but Teddy’s back in town, | 噢 我很想 甜心 可是泰迪回来了 |
[13:27] | and Mommy plans to get laid tonight. | 妈咪今晚要出去作乐 |
[13:30] | Good for you.Please,give him my best. | 那不错 务必替我向他问好 |
[13:33] | Only after I give himmybest. | 我向他”问完好”就说 |
[13:36] | Hello? | 你好? |
[13:38] | Oh,hi,Alan. | 噢 你好 艾伦 |
[13:39] | Don’t forget your little giftie. | 别忘了你的小礼物 |
[13:41] | You bought him a giftie? | 你给他买了小礼物? |
[13:42] | Just my way of saying thank you for taking me to lunch. | 只是 作为带我去吃午饭的答谢 |
[13:45] | You took her to lunch? | 你带她去吃午饭? |
[13:46] | I must have gained five pounds. | 我肯定胖了5磅 |
[13:48] | Oh,stop!You have a terrific figure. | 噢 胡说! 你有魔鬼身材 |
[13:51] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[13:53] | Are you high? | 你们来喝高了吧? |
[13:56] | It never hurts to pay a compliment to someone you care about. | 赞美你关心的人 永不为过 |
[13:58] | Yeah,you should try it once in a while. | 是的 你偶尔也该试试 |
[14:00] | It might cut down on that post-coital weeping. | 也许 还能减少性后哭泣几率 |
[14:04] | How’d you know about that? | 你怎么会知道那事? |
[14:06] | Berta told me, I told Mom. | 贝塔告诉我的 我就告诉妈妈了 |
[14:08] | Your brother and I don’t have any secrets. | 我和你弟弟之间 没有任何秘密 |
[14:13] | MaybeI’mhigh. | 也许是我喝高了 |
[14:16] | Okay,well, I must be off. | 好吧 我得走了 |
[14:18] | Places to go,houses to sell, new widows to cold-call. | 办事 卖房 打电话给新近丧夫的 |
[14:22] | Oh,oh,that reminds me. | 那倒提醒我 |
[14:24] | Charlie,some woman named Margaret called, looking for you. | Charilie 有个叫Margaret的女人 打电话找你 |
[14:27] | Margaret? Margaret? | |
[14:28] | Oh,yeah,Honeymoon Margaret from last night. | 噢 对 昨晚的蜜月Margaret |
[14:30] | Charlie,the woman’s husband is one of my biggest clients. | 查理 那女人的丈夫 是我最大的客户之一 |
[14:35] | Oh,Mom! | 噢 妈妈! |
[14:36] | Please,I’m not asking as your mother. | 拜托 我不是作为母亲要求你 |
[14:38] | I’m asking as your friend. | 而是作为朋友拜托你 |
[14:42] | All right,as a friend, hands off. | 好吧 作为朋友 同意了 |
[14:45] | Thank you,darling. | 谢谢你 亲爱的 |
[14:47] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[14:48] | See ya,Alan. | 再见 艾伦 |
[14:51] | I guess I’ll just throw this away. | 我也许应该把这扔了 |
[14:52] | Da-da-da-da-da-da! | 那-那-那-那-那! |
[14:54] | What?You’re not gonna call her,are you? | 干吗? 你不会是要个给她打电话吧? |
[14:56] | Well,it’s a bit of a dilemma. | 有点进退两难 |
[14:59] | On the one hand,there’s this beautiful available woman… | 一方面 有这么个美女… |
[15:02] | She’s married. | 她结婚了 |
[15:03] | But according to Mom, not a fanatic about it. | 但据妈妈所说 她对婚姻不忠 |
[15:07] | So,am I the kind of guy who would go back on his word | 我是那种 为了火辣的一夜情 |
[15:10] | to his own mother just for a really hot one-night stand? | 而违背自己母亲诺言的家伙么? |
[15:15] | Is that a rhetorical question? | 这是反问句么? |
[15:18] | Tell you what. | 告诉你吧 |
[15:20] | We’ll leave it to chance. | 我们听天命 |
[15:23] | If I miss,I’ll take the high road. | 如果没投进 我就回避 |
[15:25] | If it goes in, I’ll call Margaret. | 要是投进了 我就给Margaret打电话 |
[15:39] | I guess it’s fate. | 我猜这是命运 |
[16:01] | Are you ready for me? | 你准备好了么? |
[16:03] | Oh,bravo. | 噢 好啊 |
[16:14] | Just to be clear, this is a tit-for-tat kind of deal,right? | 只是想弄清 这事是不是有点针锋相对? |
[16:17] | Your husband cheated on you, the rotten bastard, | 你丈夫对你不忠 那个烂人 |
[16:20] | and now you’re cheating on him? | 而现在你对他不忠? |
[16:21] | No,he never cheated on me. | 不 他从未对我不忠 |
[16:24] | Oh,so,what,he’s mean to you, he’s abusive? | 噢 那么 那他怎么你了? 骂你了? |
[16:27] | No,he’s a doll. | 没有 他可听话了 |
[16:31] | Is he gay? | 他是同性恋? |
[16:33] | Not at all. | 绝对不是 |
[16:36] | Was he in some sort of bizarre sort of hunting accident? | 是否出过什么罕见的打猎意外? |
[16:39] | What? | 什么? |
[16:40] | You know,fell crotch first into an open bear trap? | 例如重要部位碰到捕熊夹了? |
[16:43] | No,he’s all man. | 没有 他是个彻底的男人 |
[16:47] | So then why are you doing this? | 那你干吗还要这样? |
[16:49] | Well,it’s very simple. | 很简单 |
[16:51] | I like having sex with strangers. | 我喜欢和陌生人做爱 |
[16:55] | Well,good for you. | 那还不错 |
[17:00] | Is your husband hiding somewhere watching us? | 你丈夫是不是躲在哪监视咱们呢? |
[17:02] | No,he’s in Dallas on business. | 不会的 他在达拉斯出差呢 |
[17:04] | Charlie,are we gonna do this or what? | 查理 我们到底做不做? |
[17:07] | Actually,I… | 实际上 我… |
[17:09] | I don’t think I can. | 我想不行 |
[17:10] | Why not? | 为什么? |
[17:11] | Well,I kind of promised my mother I wouldn’t. | 我答应过我妈不这样 |
[17:15] | Your mother? | 你妈? |
[17:16] | Who’s also my friend. | 她还是我的朋友 |
[17:19] | So what do you want to do? | 那你打算怎么办? |
[17:22] | I tell you what. | 这样吧 |
[17:24] | We’ll leave it to chance. | 听天由命 |
[17:28] | If I nail this, then,you know,ditto. | 如果我能搞定这个 那对你也一样 |
[17:34] | Margaret! Margaret! | |
[17:35] | Oh,God! | 噢 上帝! |
[17:37] | -Who’s that? -Who do you think? | -谁? -你说呢? |
[17:38] | Another stranger? | 另一个陌生人? |
[17:40] | It’s my husband.Get out! | 是我丈夫! 出去! |
[17:41] | Right. | 对 |
[17:44] | Where the hell should I go? | 我他妈去哪儿啊? |
[17:46] | Out the window. | 窗户外面 |
[17:47] | Are you crazy?I’m not going out the window. | 你疯啦? 我不去窗户外面 |
[17:48] | He’s an ex-Marine. | 他以前是陆战队员 |
[17:50] | I’m going out the window. | 我去窗户外面 |
[17:57] | Oh,damn! | 噢 该死! |
[18:05] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[18:06] | Sharon,um,what’s up? | Sharon 呃 怎么了? |
[18:09] | I was hoping we could talk. | 我想和你谈谈 |
[18:12] | sure. | 当然可以 |
[18:13] | May I come in? | 我能进去么? |
[18:15] | -Okay. -Thanks. | -可以 -谢谢 |
[18:17] | I’m kind of surprised to see you. | 见到你 有点惊讶 |
[18:19] | I know. | 我知道 |
[18:20] | I behaved really badly the other night. | 我那天表现得很不好 |
[18:23] | You were a little emotional. | 你有点情绪化 |
[18:24] | I wasn’t a little emotional.I was borderline psychotic. | 我不是有点情绪化 我是边缘性精神紊乱 |
[18:29] | Since you brought it up, | 既然你说到这儿 |
[18:30] | I’d say you crossed that border with ten more crazy people in your trunk. | 我想说 你带着后备箱里的十几个疯子 越过了那条边界 |
[18:35] | I know.I’m so sorry. | 我知道 我非常抱歉 |
[18:36] | I get like that sometimes. | 我有时候就会那样 |
[18:38] | It’s a combination of low self-esteem. | 这是不自尊的表现 |
[18:41] | low blood sugar and mixing red wine with my dog’s painkillers. | 低血糖 还把狗的止疼药混在红酒里 |
[18:51] | Uh,I once took my cold medication with a mimosa. | 有一次 我在感冒药里混了含羞草 |
[18:54] | Spaced me out the whole day. | 让我飘飘然了一整天 |
[18:56] | So you forgive me? | 那你原谅我了? |
[18:57] | Oh,absolutely. | 噢 彻底地 |
[18:59] | Oh,thank you,Alan. | 噢 谢谢你 艾伦 |
[19:02] | Don’t mention it. | 别说了 |
[19:09] | what are we doing? | 我们这是干吗? |
[19:11] | I’d like to make it up to you. | 我想补偿你 |
[19:14] | Do you really think that’s a good idea? | 你真觉得这样合适么? |
[19:15] | I mean,last time it didn’t work out so well. | 我是说 上次进行得不太顺利 |
[19:18] | Please,Alan, just give me another chance. | 求你了 艾伦 就再给我一次机会吧 |
[19:27] | Oh,what the hell. | 噢 该死的 |
[19:31] | I thought you were in Dallas. | 我以为你在达拉斯 |
[19:32] | I was. | 我那时在 |
[19:33] | I got a phone call telling me to come home and check on my wife. | 有人给我打电话 让我回家 检查老婆的情况 |
[19:35] | From who? | 谁打的? |
[19:37] | That’s not important. | 那不重要 |
[19:38] | This marriage is over. | 这段婚姻结束了! |
[19:39] | I want you out of my house. | 我要你滚出我的房子! |
[19:41] | Well,I’m not leaving. | 我不走! |
[19:42] | Well,you have to because I’m selling it. | 你必须走 因为我要卖了它! |
[19:44] | In this market?Are you crazy? | 这样的市场状况? 你疯了么? |
[19:46] | I’ve got a great Realr, and she assures me I can get top dollar. | 我找到一个很好的房地产经纪人 她向我保证 给我最高价 |
[19:50] | You’ve already talked to a Realtor? | 你都和房地产经纪人谈过了? |
[19:51] | Who do you think called me in Dallas? | 要不你以为是谁 往达拉斯给我打电话? |
[19:53] | And she’s not just my Realtor. | 而且她不仅仅是我的经纪人 |
[19:55] | She’s my friend. | 她还是我的朋友 |
[19:57] | Oh,man! | 噢 妈妈 |
[20:05] | I hate you! | 我恨你! |
[20:06] | You’re a pig and you use me! | 你是头猪 你利用了我! |
[20:14] | She’s cute. | 她真可爱 |
[20:16] | Yes,she is. | 是啊 真可爱 |
[20:20] | So,how’s it going? | 进展如何? |
[20:21] | Well,we’re trying to make it work. | 我们努力尝试过了 |
[20:26] | Good for you. | 那就好 |
[20:27] | So how’s your night? | 你的夜晚如何? |
[20:28] | You’d be proud of me. | 你会为我自豪的 |
[20:30] | I took the high road. | 我避开了 |
[20:31] | Congratulations. | 恭喜你 |
[20:33] | Didn’t matter. | 无所谓 |
[20:34] | It rarely does. | 确实 |
[20:41] | Wait a minute. | 等一下 |
[20:42] | You’re telling me that Mom knew you were going to sleep with that woman, | 你说妈妈知道 你要和那女人睡觉 |
[20:45] | and called the husband so that he’d catch her in the act? | 还给她丈夫打电话 让他抓现行? |
[20:47] | Yep. | 对 |
[20:49] | The marriage ends and Mom gets a big commission for selling their house. | 他们离婚 妈妈卖他们房子得一笔大佣金 |
[20:54] | She’s an evil genius,Alan. | 她是个恶魔天才 艾伦 |
[20:57] | If she lived in Gotham City, Batman would be toast. | 她要是住在高谭市 蝙蝠侠就就有大麻烦了 |
[21:02] | Hey,isn’t that your new girlfriend? | 嘿 那不是你的新女朋友么? |
[21:05] | Where? | 在哪? |
[21:07] | Over there. | 那边儿 |
[21:09] | Walking into the ocean with all her clothes on. | 穿着衣服 往海里走呢 |
[21:13] | Oh,yeah. | 噢 是的 |
[21:15] | She gets a little suicidal after we have sex. | 我们做完爱后 她有点想自杀 |
[21:19] | Yeah,yeah,ha-ha. | 是啊 是啊 哈 哈 |
[21:22] | Well,I’d better go pull her in. | 我去帮忙把她拉回来 |
[21:29] | Ask if she’s got a friend. | 问问她有朋友没 |