时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | -hey -hey | -嘿 -嘿 |
[00:03] | what are you doing home? | 你怎么会在家? |
[00:05] | Linda is spending time with her son tonight. | 琳达今晚要陪她儿子 |
[00:08] | Obviously she’s the single mom put the kid first. | 显然她是那种”子女第一”的单身妈妈 |
[00:13] | The bitch | 婊子 |
[00:17] | you’re just saying that because our mom put us third. | 你说这个是因为 咱妈把咱排在第三 |
[00:20] | Fourth after she got the Datsun 280-Z. | 有了达特桑280-Z跑车后 便沦落到第四了 |
[00:24] | So whatcha you doing? | 你在干什么? |
[00:26] | Paying our household bills. | 算家庭帐单 |
[00:29] | You’re a good wife,Alan. | 你是个好妻子 艾伦 |
[00:33] | I can’t believe some lucky fella hasn’t snapped you up. | 不敢相信某个幸运儿 还没把你抱入怀中 |
[00:37] | Probably the penis. | 也许是那话儿出了问题 |
[00:41] | That’s usually a d eal-breaker. | 那话儿的确是意外频发啊 |
[00:44] | So,how are we doing bill-wise? | 报告下情况吧 财政大臣? |
[00:46] | Not very well. | 不容乐观 |
[00:48] | Are you aware you haven’t had a paying job in over nine months? | 你知道到你已经失业九个月了吗? |
[00:51] | Are you aware that urine cures athlete’s foot? | 你知道尿可以治疗运动员脚伤吗? |
[01:00] | Seriously,you’ve got a big pile of bills and no money coming in. | 我说真的 已经入不敷出了 |
[01:03] | Seriously, no itching,no burning, | 说真的 不痛不痒 |
[01:05] | just clears it right up. | 立马见效 |
[01:08] | The drug companies don’t want you to know about it because it’s free. | 药厂不希望你知道 因为那是免费的 |
[01:13] | Charlie,you’re unemployed! | 查理 你失业了! |
[01:15] | I know. | 我知道 |
[01:16] | Haven’t you heard? | 你没听说过吗? |
[01:17] | The jingle business is dead. | 这一行已经不吃香了 (查理曾从事撰写广告歌) |
[01:19] | How would I hear that? Who would have told me? | 我怎么会听说过? 谁会跟我说这些? |
[01:22] | It was in all the jingle magazines. | 就在那些音乐杂志里有写 |
[01:26] | You know,before they went out of business. | 你知道的 在他们倒闭前 |
[01:29] | Everybody’s using old rock songs now. | 现在人人都用一些老式摇滚 |
[01:31] | They’re not gonna hire a guy like me to write a jingle for tampons | 他们不会请我这样的人 来给卫生巾写广告歌 |
[01:34] | when they can just play “Stuck in the Middle with You. “ | 他们只需用那首”正中红心”就OK了 |
[01:44] | This doesn’t concern you at all? | 你一点也不担忧吗? |
[01:46] | Nah,something will turn up. | 放心 船到桥头自然直 |
[01:48] | How can you be so sure? | 你怎么那么肯定? |
[01:49] | Hey,do you have any idea how I got in the jingle business? | 你知道我当年是如何在这行立足的吗? |
[01:52] | -No. -Neither do I. | -不知道 -我也不知道 |
[01:56] | But look how good that worked out. | 但你看看我后来多牛 |
[01:58] | Charlie,you cannot just depend on the kindness of the universe. | 查理 你不能听天由命 |
[02:01] | I have to. | 我不得不 |
[02:02] | I don’t have an older brother I can sponge off of. | 因为我没有个大款哥哥 |
[02:07] | Now,if you’ll excuse me, I’m gonna go pee on my feet. | 现在如果你不介意 我去站着嘘嘘了(歧义:尿在脚上) |
[02:57] | Okay… | 好的 |
[03:00] | Oh,crap. | 噢 靠 |
[03:04] | Berta,you got a minute? | 贝塔 有空吗? |
[03:06] | What’s on your mind, Princess? | 又有什么鬼点子了 公主? |
[03:09] | Well,um,first and foremost, | 首先 |
[03:10] | you know that we consider you a beloved member of this family. | 你知道我们都把你当作 这个家的一个重要成员 |
[03:14] | Alan,you can roll manure in powdered sugar, | 艾伦 你可以在糖粉里加化肥猛搅 |
[03:16] | but it still ain’t a jelly donut. | 但任由你怎么搅 它也不会变果冻 面包圈 (讽刺他不会兜圈子) |
[03:21] | Now,now,see, that right there, | 看 看 我就这意思 |
[03:23] | that’s one of the things that we love about you. | 我们就喜欢你这点 |
[03:26] | -Folksy… -Spill it,Mildred. | -随和… -有屁就放 婆娘 |
[03:28] | Right,right.Well,I’m not sure you’re aware of this, | 好 好 我不确定你是否留意到 |
[03:31] | but it’s been quite some time since Charlie has had any actual income. | 但自从查理失业以来 已经好长一段时间没经济来源了 |
[03:36] | Okay. | 好 |
[03:37] | And I can’t help but notice | 同时我不由自主地联想到 |
[03:39] | that you’re the only beloved family member actually drawing a salary. | 你是唯一一个要向我们 领工资的家庭成员 |
[03:45] | I’m also the only beloved family member | 我也是唯一一个 |
[03:47] | who takes a toothbrush to your kid’s skivvies. | 往你儿子衣服里塞牙刷的家庭成员 (指他儿子不会照顾自己) |
[03:52] | And… and we can never begin to repay you for that, | 关于这个我们的确无以为报 |
[03:55] | but-but during these difficult financial times we all have to… | 但鉴于我们正处在经济危机之中 我们必须… |
[04:00] | For the record,it’s not my toothbrush,right? | 顺便问句 那不是我的牙刷吧? |
[04:05] | Not right now,but cut my pay and all bets are off. | 现在不是 但你敢不付工钱 一切皆有可能 |
[04:08] | Come on,Berta. Be reasonable. | 拜托你了 贝塔 你就体谅下好了 |
[04:10] | This might be more than just a temporary dry spell for Charlie. | 这也许不只是查理的 暂时失意那么简单 |
[04:13] | Look,I know things may seem dark right now, | 我知道事情也许看上去很糟 |
[04:17] | but I’ve known Charlie a lot longer than you have. | 但我认识查理比你早得多 |
[04:20] | Um,technically, that’s not true. | 技术上来说 这话有点问题 |
[04:21] | Are you gonna let me talk? | 你还想听我说下去吗? |
[04:24] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[04:25] | One thing I’ve learned working for Mr. Charles Roscoe Harper… | 为Charles Roscoe 哈珀先生干活 使我懂得一个道理… |
[04:28] | His middle name isn’t Roscoe… | 他的复姓不是Roscoe… |
[04:29] | Who’s telling the story?! | 现在到底谁说话?! |
[04:33] | Continue. | 继续 |
[04:34] | Anyway,what I’ve learned is God takes care of drunks and fools, | 这个道理是 上帝经常眷顾酒鬼和蠢货 |
[04:39] | and C. Roscoe Harper is both. | 而C. Roscoe 哈珀身兼两者 |
[04:46] | His middle name is Francis. | 他复姓Francis |
[04:52] | Hey. What’s going on? | 嘿 怎么了? |
[04:54] | Trying to save you a little money around here. | 试着帮你省点开销 |
[04:56] | Ah. Good man. | 啊 大好人 |
[04:57] | Appreciate it. | 谢了 |
[04:59] | Check out what I bought Linda. | 看看我为琳达准备了什么 |
[05:05] | Diamond earrings? | 钻石耳环? |
[05:07] | She’s a classy woman,Alan. | 她是个有品位的女人 艾伦 |
[05:09] | She’s not going be impressed with a continental breakfast and a copy of the video. | 欧式早餐和一盘DVD摆平不了她 |
[05:17] | Be that as it may, | 就当你说的是真的 |
[05:19] | you can’t keep spending money you don’t have. | 你不能老是超前消费 |
[05:21] | Oh,relax. | 噢 别紧张 |
[05:23] | Something will turn up. | 船到桥头自然直 |
[05:24] | Will you stop saying that? | 你别再说这句话了行不? |
[05:25] | Things don’t just “turn up. “ | 不是什么都能”直”的 |
[05:26] | You’re living in a dream world. | 你不能老活在幻想中 |
[05:28] | Money doesn’t just fall from the sky. | 钱不会就这么从天上掉下来 |
[05:30] | Obviously,you’ve never been sitting ringside | 显然你没试过坐在前排… |
[05:33] | when a pole dancer hangs upside down. | 看舞女倒挂在钢管上 |
[05:42] | So did you buy this for your girlfriend because you’re breaking up with her? | 所以你买这个是想和她分手咯? |
[05:45] | No.Why would you think that? | 不 你为什么会这样想? |
[05:47] | Because you always give jewelry to girls you’re getting ready to dump. | 因为你要甩女朋友的时候 就会送珠宝 |
[05:51] | Very observant. | 观察力了得 |
[05:53] | You watch,you learn. | 耳濡目染 |
[05:56] | Well,this isn’t “breakup” jewelry. | 这不是”分手礼物” |
[05:58] | This is “I like you, stick around” jewelry. | 这是”定情信物” |
[06:02] | What’s the difference? | 有什么差别? |
[06:03] | About 1,500 bucks. | 差了1500块 |
[06:07] | But let’s back up a step. | 但话说回来 |
[06:10] | A gentleman never “dumps” a lady. | 一个绅士永远不会”甩”女朋友 |
[06:12] | He merely acknowledges the fact | 他只知道 |
[06:14] | that a relationship has run its course by presenting her with a memento, | 他只知道一段感情要安稳长久 必须用一件信物 |
[06:19] | a keepsake,if you will, of their time together. | 或者说 纪念品 来见证他们共处的日子 |
[06:22] | Remember that big blonde who threw the toaster oven at you? | 还记得拿烤炉砸你的 大块头金发女郎吗? |
[06:26] | Yeah,I remember. | 恩 记得 |
[06:28] | Or when that yoga teacher who chucked the fire extinguisher through your windshield? | 或者那个拿灭火筒砸你挡风玻璃 的瑜珈教练? |
[06:32] | Yeah,yeah,yeah. | 记得 记得 记得 |
[06:33] | And there was that actress who set fire… | 还有那个纵火女演员… |
[06:35] | It’s not a perfect system,Jake. | 这个道理不是万能的 杰克 |
[06:42] | Oh,Charlie… | 噢 查理… |
[06:45] | they’re beautiful. | 真漂亮 |
[06:47] | You do realize I was going to sleep with you tonight anyway. | 你知道即使没有这个 我今晚也会跟你睡的吧? |
[06:51] | This is just a little bonus. | 只是个小礼物 |
[06:53] | Like when you get to a baseball game and find out it’s helmet night. | 比如你去看垒球比赛 却发现每人奖励了个头盔 |
[06:57] | You silver-tongued devil. | 口甜舌滑 |
[07:00] | Well,I don’t know about silver, but you’ll find I am tongued. | 甜不甜我不敢说 但你会发现我舌头味道的确不错 |
[07:08] | If you ignore that, | 只要你无视它 |
[07:09] | there’s a matching necklace in it for you. | 你会发现盒子里还有条项链 |
[07:13] | Why don’t you open the wine? | 先把酒开了吧 |
[07:17] | Gary,what are you doing here? | Gary你怎么会在这? |
[07:19] | I’m sorry,I tried to call, but your line’s been busy. | 对不起 我打过电话 但占线 |
[07:22] | What do you mean my line’s been busy? | 什么叫占线? |
[07:24] | I haven’t been on the phone. | 我根本没打过电话 |
[07:24] | Well,I must’ve called 20 times. | 我至少打了20次 |
[07:27] | Fine. | 算了 |
[07:30] | I have to go to New York tonight and I can’t take Brandon. | 我今晚要去纽约 没法照顾Brandon |
[07:32] | -Butlhave company. -And I have an emergency board… | -但我有客人 -我有个紧急会议 |
[07:35] | Who are you? | 你是谁? |
[07:36] | I’m Charlie. | 我是查理 |
[07:37] | I’m Brandon. | 我是Brandon |
[07:39] | Nice to meet you,Brandon. | 幸会 Brandon |
[07:41] | You know… | 你知道吗… |
[07:42] | I have a nephew about your age. | 我有个侄子像你这么大 |
[07:48] | Hey,Dad,did you give Mom a present when you got divorced? | 爸爸 你和妈离婚时有送礼物吗? |
[07:51] | A present? | 礼物? |
[07:52] | Yeah,a mento of your time together. | 证明你们共处时光的信物 |
[07:58] | Jake,buddy,you’re the memento of our time together. | 杰克老大 你就是我们共处时光的信物 |
[08:02] | So you were too cheap to get her earrings. | 那么就是说你买不起耳环 |
[08:06] | She did better than earrings. | 她得到的比耳环珍贵多了 |
[08:09] | She got my family jewels. | 她戴着我家祖传的珠宝 |
[08:12] | -Hi,honey. -Hi,Mom. | -嗨 亲爱的 -嗨 妈妈 |
[08:14] | When you die,do I get Dad’s family jewels? | 你死后 老爸的祖传珠宝能传我吗? |
[08:17] | What? | 什么? |
[08:18] | Nothing. Just go inside. | 没什么 进去吧 |
[08:20] | Okay,well,thanks for dropping him off. | 好吧 麻烦你跑这趟了 |
[08:21] | Uh,Judith,hang on a second. | 朱迪丝 等等 |
[08:23] | What? | 什么事? |
[08:25] | Um… how’s it going? | 最近好吗? |
[08:28] | Good. | 好 |
[08:29] | So your,uh,your new marriage going well?Herb’s okay? | 新婚愉快吗? 哈珀好吗? |
[08:32] | What do you want,Alan? | 你想干什么 艾伦? |
[08:35] | Charlie’s jingle business is dead, and I’m going to be homeless. | 查理失业了 我很快又无家可归了 |
[08:37] | Well,you can’t stayhere. | 你不能住这 |
[08:39] | Oh,no,no… | 不 不… |
[08:41] | That’s not what I was getting at, | 我不是这意思 |
[08:42] | but it’s good to know that door is firmly closed. | 但知道大门没有为我敞开 也不是坏事 |
[08:46] | Uh,no,what I was hoping was that we could talk about the child support. | 我是想谈谈孩子的抚养方法 |
[08:51] | What about my child support? | 我的抚养方法怎么了? |
[08:53] | Ah,ah. Well,technically it’s Jake’s child support, | 技术上来讲 是杰克的抚养方法 |
[08:57] | hence the term “child,” um… | 因为是”抚养”嘛… |
[09:00] | But I-I just thought maybe we could make some trims. | 我只是想着为孩子做些安排 |
[09:03] | Uh,for instance, the karate classes, | 比如空手道课 |
[09:05] | the,uh,archery lessons, | 箭术课 |
[09:07] | the algebra tutor. | 代数辅导 |
[09:09] | I mean,I don’t know about you, | 我不知道你怎么样 |
[09:11] | but,uh,I’ve never seen him, you know, | 但我从来没见过他…就是… |
[09:12] | break a board or,uh, string a bow. | 踢碎木板 拉拉弓 |
[09:15] | And,uh,and the algebra tutor, I mean,who are we kidding? | 至于代数 咱们就别自欺欺人了 |
[09:19] | That’s like putting swim fins on a cat. | 那就等于给猫硬装一对鳍 |
[09:22] | He needs the tutor; he likes the lessons; | 他需要学代数 他喜欢箭术 |
[09:24] | and I’m not going to ask Herb to pay for them. | 我不可能叫哈珀来为这些埋单 |
[09:26] | That’s okay. I’ll ask him. Is he home? | 没关系 我来叫 他在家吗? |
[09:28] | Good-bye,Alan. | 不送了 艾伦 |
[09:32] | How about I stay in Jake’s tree house?!He never uses it! | 我住在杰克的树屋里怎么样?! 他从来不用! |
[09:37] | Kid doesn’t even like to climb stairs. | 现在孩子爬个楼梯都懒得 |
[09:41] | Come on,sweetheart, just one little bite. | 听话 宝贝 吃一小口 |
[09:44] | No. | 不要 |
[09:46] | He’s not usually this cranky. | 他平常不会这么淘气 |
[09:48] | Have you tried a little whiskey in his sippy cup? | 有没试过给他小杯里加点威士忌? |
[09:51] | Charlie. | 查理 |
[09:53] | I’m just saying. It worked on my brother. | 实话实说 我哥吃这套 |
[09:55] | You really did that? | 你真的这么干? |
[09:56] | I still do it. | 现在还是 |
[09:59] | You know what? I’m just going to make him a hot dog. | 我还是给他做个热狗吧 |
[10:01] | You want a hot dog? | 你要热狗吗? |
[10:02] | Sure. | 要 |
[10:04] | I was talking to my son. | 我问我儿子 |
[10:05] | What,you just got the one? | 怎么 你只做一个? |
[10:07] | I’ll be right back. | 马上就好 |
[10:10] | Come on,kid,just have a little corn,and then bedtime. | 拜托 小朋友 吃点玉米片就去睡觉 |
[10:13] | For both of us. | 我也去睡 |
[10:15] | No. | 不 |
[10:16] | Oh,for the love of God. | 上帝 |
[10:18] | I don’t come to Gymboree and knock the blocks out ofyourhand. | 我不是来儿童乐园跟你玩丢小球的 |
[10:24] | Come on. | 来嘛 |
[10:26] | It’s corn-tastic. | 玉米一级棒 |
[10:32] | I like corn, it tastes real sweet | 我喜欢玉米 味道甜甜 |
[10:36] | I don’t like peas They taste like feet | 我讨厌豆豆 味道臭臭 |
[10:41] | Corn’s the king of the veggie food group | 玉米是素菜大王 |
[10:44] | And it looks the same when it’s in your poop. | 跟你的便便一模样 |
[10:50] | Son of a bitch. | 兔崽子 |
[10:53] | I mean,”Golly!” | 我意思是”神了!” |
[11:09] | Hi,Mom. | 嗨 妈! |
[11:11] | Hello,Alan. | 好啊 艾伦 |
[11:13] | Uh… got a minute? | 有时间吗? |
[11:16] | Mm… sure. | 当然 |
[11:23] | I -I mean,could you come to the door? | 我意思是你能出来吗? |
[11:28] | Uh… no. | 噢 不 |
[11:31] | Please. Mom,it’s important. | 说真的 妈 重要事 |
[11:32] | I’m… I’m having a real crisis here. | 我真的大难临头了 |
[11:35] | Oh,darling,I’m so sorry. | 亲爱的 太遗憾了 |
[11:38] | Well,good luck with that. | 祝你好运 |
[11:42] | Mom,please. | 妈 求你了 |
[11:44] | I’m such a pushover. | 我心太软了 |
[11:49] | The money isn’t just for me. | 钱不只是我花的 |
[11:50] | It’s for Charlie and your only grandson. | 还有查理和你的独孙 |
[11:53] | I’ll just be a minute,Teddy! | 马上回来 泰迪! |
[12:02] | What can I do for you,Alan? | 有何能为你效劳 艾伦? |
[12:07] | Nothing. Never mind. | 没事了 算了 |
[12:11] | What? I’m not entitled to a love life? | 怎么? 我就不能享受感情生活? |
[12:17] | I’m ready for my punishment, headmaster. | 我准备好接受惩罚了 校长 |
[12:27] | So… you must be getting tired,huh? | 看来…你一定很累了吧? |
[12:33] | No shame in calling it a night. | 玩了整晚不累才怪 |
[12:35] | I got to go pee-pee. | 我要去嘘嘘 |
[12:37] | All right,go ahead. | 好 去吧 |
[12:38] | First pee-pee,then beddy-bye. | 先嘘嘘 然后晚安 |
[12:40] | Beats the other way around. Trust me. | 别想歪咯 相信我 |
[12:43] | I got to go pee-pee now. | 我现在就要嘘嘘 |
[12:45] | Linda,he says he’s got to go pee-pee! | 琳达 他说要嘘嘘! |
[12:47] | Would you mind taking him? | 你带下他好吗? |
[12:49] | Me? | 我? |
[12:50] | He can’t undo his pants, and I’m doing the dishes. | 他不会脱裤子 我还在洗碗 |
[12:54] | Fine. Let’s go pee-pee. | 好吧 咱们嘘嘘去 |
[12:59] | Don’t feel bad. | 别难过 |
[13:00] | I can’t always undo my pants,either. | 我有时也不能自己脱裤子 |
[13:07] | What are you waiting for? | 你在等什么? |
[13:08] | I don’t have to anymore. | 我不想嘘了 |
[13:11] | Linda,he says he doesn’t have to anymore! | 琳达 他说他又不想嘘嘘了! |
[13:13] | Trust me: he has to. | 相信我 他想的 |
[13:16] | You heard the lady. Let ‘er rip. | 你听到了 放吧 |
[13:18] | No. | 不 |
[13:21] | Okay. | 好 |
[13:22] | Okay,how about this? | 好 这样吧? |
[13:25] | You’re a giant, and there’s a… | 假设你是个巨人 |
[13:28] | there’s a tiny village in the toilet bowl that’s on fire, | 而马桶里有个小村庄起火了 |
[13:31] | and you have to put it out by whizzing all over it. | 而你必须用嘘嘘把火扑灭 |
[13:36] | Hey,look! | 瞧! |
[13:38] | Here comes the giant now! | 巨人来了! |
[13:42] | I had a root beer | 我喝了乐啤露 (植物根酿造的果子类饮品) |
[13:44] | I had a Coke | 我喝了可乐 |
[13:45] | I need to pee | 必须要尿尿 |
[13:47] | Hey,I smell smoke. | 因为我闻到烟味 |
[13:50] | Giant,giant | 巨人 巨人! |
[13:51] | Up in the sky | 在天上 |
[13:53] | Grab your firehose, let it fly! | 用你的水管扑灭大火! |
[13:58] | Close your windows | 关上窗 |
[13:59] | Lock your doors | 锁好门 |
[14:01] | ‘Cause when I rain, it really pours. | 我会让这里落雨成河 |
[14:08] | There you go. | 这不就好啦 |
[14:11] | Hey,hey,hey. | 喂! |
[14:12] | I’m the only one who gets to pee on my feet. | 只有我能尿到我脚上! |
[14:21] | Come on,buddy, right in here. | 来吧 就在这里 |
[14:23] | Hey,Berta, look what I got. | 贝塔 瞧我带谁回来了 |
[14:26] | Big deal… it’s a freaking miracle you don’t have ten of ’em. | 很稀奇啊?你没10个小孩才是个奇迹 |
[14:31] | This is Linda’s son,Brandon. | 这是琳达的儿子Brandon |
[14:33] | I’m Brandon. | 我是Brandon |
[14:35] | I got ears. | 我有耳朵 |
[14:38] | So,what’s he doing here? | 他来这干吗? |
[14:39] | I’m baby-sitting. | 我要给他当保姆 |
[14:40] | -You? -Why not me? | -你? -不行吗? |
[14:42] | You’re a rum-soaked degenerate. | 你是个道德败坏的醉鬼 |
[14:45] | Yeah,but it turns out, I have child skills. | 是呀 但我有照顾小孩的天赋 |
[14:48] | I already got him to eat his vegetables and make pee-pee in the toilet. | 我成功的让他吃了蔬菜 并在厕所尿尿 |
[14:51] | So,”Do as I say, not as I do,” huh? | “照我说的做 别有样学样” 是吗? |
[14:55] | Ha. Ha. Ha. | 好好笑 |
[14:57] | Are you gonna help me or what? | 你要不要帮忙? |
[14:58] | Hey,his mom’s not throwing me any. | 他妈又不付我钱 |
[15:03] | Don’t get the wrong idea. | 别会错意 |
[15:05] | Your mom and I are actually in a committed relationship. | 你妈跟我忠于彼此 |
[15:12] | So if I sign up for this drug trial… | 如果我签约参加药物实验… |
[15:17] | I take these pills not knowing | 就会在不知情的情况下 |
[15:19] | if I’m getting the actual anxiety medication or a placebo? | 服下抗焦虑药或是无效对照剂? |
[15:22] | That’s correct. | 对 |
[15:23] | The test group gets the actual medication, | 试验组服用真药 |
[15:25] | and the control group is being given sugar pills. | 对照组吃的是糖片 |
[15:30] | So,is there anything I should know about? | 还有什么需要知道的吗? |
[15:32] | Any side effects or anything? | 副作用之类的? |
[15:34] | Well,that’s one of the purposes of the research, | 那是本研究的目的之一 |
[15:38] | but in tests of this nature, | 但这种性质的试验中 |
[15:39] | common side effects include dry mouth,hair loss, | 通常会有如下副作用 |
[15:43] | blurred vision,inflamed gums… | 口干 脱发 视线模糊 牙龈红肿 |
[15:45] | Okay. | 好的 |
[15:46] | …mild nausea,heart palpitations,liver damage… | 恶心 心跳加速 肝脏损坏… |
[15:50] | …boils,shingles, | 起疖 带状疱疹 |
[15:53] | sudden fainting and temporary darkening of the stool. | 突然晕厥以及短期大便变黑 |
[16:01] | Good Lord. | 天 |
[16:03] | How much do you pay people to do this? | 你们给参加者多少钱? |
[16:04] | A thousand dollars a week. | 每周1000块 |
[16:06] | I’m in. | 我干 |
[16:21] | Hey,hey,hey,hey. | 喂喂 |
[16:23] | That’s not a toy. | 那可不是玩具 |
[16:25] | That’s how I make my living. | 那是我的谋生工具 |
[16:27] | Not so much anymore, but still,be careful. | 虽然不再是了 但还是要小心 |
[16:30] | I want to play. | 我想弹 |
[16:32] | All right. | 好吧 |
[16:33] | Play… this one. | 弹这个键 |
[16:38] | And… this one. | 还有这个 |
[16:42] | That’s great. | 真棒 |
[16:44] | Now it’s my turn. | 现在轮到我了 |
[16:48] | This is a little tune I wrote for my nephew | 这是我给外甥写的小调 |
[16:50] | when he was feeling down in the dumps. | 让他忧郁时听的 |
[16:53] | I know that the winter follows the fall | 我知道秋去冬将至 |
[16:59] | And in New York, the buildings are tall | 纽约的建筑都很高 |
[17:06] | I hear that in China, they have a great wall | 我听说中国有长城 |
[17:11] | I know these things and more | 我知道很多事情 |
[17:14] | But there’s just one answer I’m still looking for… | 但仍在寻找一个答案… |
[17:24] | Who cut the cheese? | 谁切了芝士? |
[17:26] | Who cut the cheese?! | 谁切了芝士? |
[17:27] | I ask you please, did you cut the cheese? | 请问 你切了芝士? |
[17:31] | I’m not averse to learning | 我并不厌学 |
[17:32] | Tell me why my eyes are burning | 但为何我双眼疼痛? |
[17:35] | Who cut the cheese? | 谁切了芝士? |
[17:37] | Everybody! | 大家一起来! |
[17:38] | Who cut the cheese? | 谁切了芝士? |
[17:40] | Who cut the cheese? | 谁切了芝士? |
[17:41] | I ask you please, did you cut the cheese? | 请问 你切了芝士? |
[17:45] | I’m not averse to learning | 我并不厌学 |
[17:47] | Tell me why my eyes are burning | 但为何我双眼疼痛? |
[17:49] | Who cut the cheese…? | 谁切了芝士? |
[18:00] | I can’t thank you enough. | 我对你感激不尽 |
[18:03] | No problem. We had fun. | 不客气 玩的很开心 |
[18:06] | Look,um,after I drop him off at his dad’s, | 听着 我把他送到他爸爸那后 |
[18:09] | why don’t I come back and show my appreciation for those earrings? | 过来感谢你送我耳环好不? |
[18:13] | Gee,I’d love to,but it’s been a long day. | 我想的 但今天很累了 |
[18:16] | I just want to soak in a hot bath and have a little “me” time. | 我想泡个热水澡 单独待会 |
[18:20] | Oh,come on,Charlie. | 来吧 查理 |
[18:22] | Hey,hey,while you were off having fun at work, | 你在尽情工作时 |
[18:25] | I was cooped up all day in this house taking care of your child. | 我整天都在家里照顾孩子 |
[18:29] | Okay,sorry. | 好吧 对不起 |
[18:30] | I’m just saying… | 我是说… |
[18:32] | I’m not a light switch. | 我不是电灯开关 |
[18:34] | I’ll call you later. | 我晚点给你电话 |
[18:37] | No,wait,wait. | 等等 |
[18:38] | I made something for Brandon. | 我给Brandon做了点东西 |
[18:42] | I sang some songs for him, and he seemed to like them,so I burned ’em onto a CD. | 他喜欢我给他唱的歌 我录了张CD |
[18:47] | Oh,how sweet. | 你真是太体贴了 |
[18:48] | Sweet? | 体贴? |
[18:49] | Clearly,you’re not familiar with my work. | 你明显不了解我的作品 |
[18:52] | Anyway,he seemed to dig it. | 他反正很喜欢 |
[18:54] | Well,thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[18:59] | Hi… Alan. | 你好 艾伦 |
[19:01] | Hi. | 你好 |
[19:20] | I don’t think I’m in the control group. | 我想我不是对照组的 |
[19:41] | Are you really sure you should be taking those pills with beer? | 你确定那些药可以跟啤酒服用? |
[19:44] | What else can happen to me,Charlie? | 在我身上还能出什么事 查理? |
[19:47] | My hair is coming out. I’m having fainting spells… | 我落发 时不时头晕… |
[19:51] | I can see my heart beating through my shirt | 我能透过衬衣看到自己心跳 |
[19:55] | and my poop looks like charcoal briquets. | 大便看起来像煤饼 |
[19:58] | So stop taking the medication. | 那就别吃药了啊 |
[20:01] | It’s a thousand dollars a week. We need the money. | 每周给1千块 我们需要这笔钱 |
[20:03] | Oh,relax. Something’ll turn up. | 别紧张 会有好事发生的 |
[20:05] | Something’s already turned up. | 已经有了 |
[20:07] | I’m pretty sure I dropped a third testicle. | 我长了第三个睾丸出来 |
[20:16] | Hello? | 你好? |
[20:18] | Hang on. | 等等 |
[20:19] | It’s Linda’s ex-husband. | 琳达的前夫 |
[20:21] | He wants to talk to you. | 他要跟你通话 |
[20:22] | I don’t want to talk to him. You talk to him. | 我不想跟他说 你跟他说 |
[20:24] | I’m not gonna talk to him. | 我才不要 |
[20:25] | Come on,you’ve got 30% more balls than I do. | 你比我多一个种啊(睾丸= =)! |
[20:34] | Hello. | 你好 |
[20:35] | Yeah,this is Charlie. | 我是查理 |
[20:38] | What about Brandon? | Brandon怎么了? |
[20:40] | Oh,good,good. | 很好 |
[20:41] | I’m-I’m glad he likes the songs. | 很高兴他喜欢那些歌 |
[20:44] | Yeah,Linda mentioned you were in the music business. | 琳达提过你是音乐界的 |
[20:48] | Well,that’s flattering, | 哇 我真是受宠若惊 |
[20:49] | but I already have a very lucrative career writing jingles. | 我现在写广告歌收入颇丰 |
[20:52] | I don’t see myself walking away from that to record children’s songs. | 不想放弃这个转写儿童歌曲 |
[20:59] | How much? | 多少钱? |
[21:02] | I’m in. | 我干 |
[21:05] | How about that? Something turned up. | 如何? 好事发生啦 |
[21:10] | Send the papers over. | 把文件寄过来 |
[21:11] | Great. Great. | 好 好 |
[21:15] | No,no,I love kids and more important, they love me. | 不 我喜欢孩子们 更重要的是 他们喜欢我 |
[21:25] | No,no,no,no,none of my own. | 不不 不是我的孩子 |