时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | not only did that movie suck,it blew chunks,bit the big one, | 这部电影不仅仅是难看 简直让人恶心到吐 |
[00:03] | and then came back and sucked again. | 然后把吐的吞进去 再吐出来 |
[00:05] | -Did you pay for it? -Yeah. | -你付钱了? -是啊 |
[00:07] | With an hour and a half of my childhood that I’ll never get back. | 用我那一去不复返的 一个半小时童年时光 |
[00:12] | Hey,I’ve seen your childhood. | 喂 我见识过你的童年 |
[00:13] | It’s not a big loss. | 这不算个重大损失 |
[00:15] | You said you wanted to see it. | 是你自己说想要看的 |
[00:17] | Because it was rated R. | 因为它是R级 |
[00:17] | But there wasn’t a single boob in it. | 结果连个露胸的镜头都没有 |
[00:21] | You were there. | 你在那儿呢 |
[00:22] | Oh,my god. | 哦 天呐 |
[00:23] | I know. And he talks to me that way all the time. | 我知道 他一直都这么说我呢 |
[00:28] | That’s cynthia sullivan. | 那是辛西娅·沙利文. |
[00:30] | Who’s cynthia sullivan? | 谁是辛西娅·沙利文? |
[00:31] | She and her husband used to be friends with me and judith. | 她和她丈夫以前是我和朱迪丝的朋友 |
[00:33] | Yeah,so? | 是吗 所以呢? |
[00:34] | Well,I haven’t seen her since judith and I split up. | 哦 自从我和朱迪丝分手之后 就没见过她 |
[00:36] | I-I don’t know if i should say hello. | 我-我不知道是不是该跟她打个招呼 |
[00:38] | They kind of took judith’s side in the divorce. | 因为他们在我离婚的时候 站在朱迪丝那边 |
[00:40] | Wait a minute. We’re allowed to take sides? | 等一下 我们可以选择支持一方? |
[00:44] | Nobody told me. Is it too late? | 没人告诉过我啊 是不是太晚了已经? |
[00:47] | That’s not funny,charlie. | 那不好笑 查理 |
[00:48] | He’s very hurtful to everybody,and for no reason. | 他对任何人都那么刻薄 而且是无缘无故的 |
[00:52] | Alan? | 艾伦? |
[00:53] | Oh,hey,cynthia. | 哦 嘿辛西亚 |
[00:56] | Wow,what a nice surprise. How are you? | 哇 真让人惊喜啊 你怎么样啊? |
[00:58] | Just great. ‘S’seen a long time. | 还好 好久不见了 |
[01:01] | Hi,jake. Look how big you’re getting. | 你好 杰克 看看你都长这么大了啊 |
[01:03] | It’s called puberty. | 这叫青春期 |
[01:06] | It’s called donuts. | 这叫甜甜圈 |
[01:09] | Donuts don’t make hair. | 甜甜圈没有毛 |
[01:14] | Uh,cynthia,this is my brother charlie. | 辛西亚 这是我哥哥查理 |
[01:17] | Hello. | 你好 |
[01:18] | Uh,cynthia and her husband were good friends with me | 呃 当我和朱迪丝还没离婚的时候 |
[01:21] | and judith back when we were,you know,me and judith. | 辛西亚和她丈夫是我们的好朋友 |
[01:23] | And when we were me and bill. | 也是我和比尔还是夫妻的时候 |
[01:25] | What? Oh,you’re not with bill anymore? | 什么? 哦 你已经不和比尔在一起了? |
[01:27] | No. You know,we decided to finally stop kidding ourselves. | 是啊 我们最终还是决定不再自欺欺人了 |
[01:30] | You know how it is. | 你也能理解的 |
[01:30] | I-I certainly do. | 我-我当然能理解 |
[01:32] | No,you don’T. | 不 你不理解 |
[01:35] | Of course I do. | 我当然能理解 |
[01:37] | Cynthia,did you get the house in the divorce? | 辛西亚 你离婚的时候得到房子了吗? |
[01:39] | Yes. | 是的 |
[01:40] | So you’re not currently sleeping on your brother’s hide-a-bed? | 所以你现在不是 睡你哥哥家的沙发床了? |
[01:42] | -No. -You don’t know how it is. | -没有 -所以你不能理解 |
[01:46] | Again,completely unmotivated. | 又来了 真够无情的 |
[01:48] | Well,okay,it was really nice to see you again,alan. | 呃 能再见到你真开心 艾伦 |
[01:52] | We should get together sometime and catch up. | 我们应该找个时间聚一下叙叙旧 |
[01:54] | Yeah,that would be nice. | 是啊 那当然好了 |
[01:55] | Nice meeting you. | 见到你很高兴 |
[01:57] | Bye,jake. | 再见 杰克 |
[02:00] | -You dog. -What? | -你这个猪 -什么? |
[02:03] | Oh,come on. | 哦 得了吧 |
[02:04] | The full-frontal hug,the “let’s get together.” | 面对面的拥抱 那句”我们再聚聚” |
[02:06] | Isn’t that like soccer mom talk for “do me in the cul-de-sac”? | 这不就是单身母亲们表示 “在后巷上我”的暗号? |
[02:14] | what are you snickering at? | 你偷笑个鬼啊 |
[02:15] | Oh,tell me that’s not dirty. | 哦 别说这是什么下流话 |
[02:19] | Go get us a table. Come on. | 去给咱们找张桌子 去吧 |
[02:21] | Charlie,you don’t understand. | 查理 你不明白 |
[02:22] | She and her husband were our best friends for like ten years. | 她和她丈夫差不多当了十年的好朋友 |
[02:25] | We-we traveled together,we spent vacations together… | 我们-我们一起旅行 一起度假… |
[02:28] | and you never once fantasized about boinking her? | 你对她从来没有过性幻想吗? |
[02:30] | She was judith’s friend. | 她是朱迪丝的朋友 |
[02:32] | I was her husband’s friend. | 我是她丈夫的朋友 |
[02:34] | Of course I did. | 我当然有过 |
[02:37] | Yeah,hi. Two regular coffees,please and,uh,one… | 好吧 你好 请来两杯中杯咖啡 还有一杯… |
[02:42] | chocolate crappuccino with whipped cream and sprinkles. | 加奶油的巧克力卡布基诺 |
[02:47] | Well,here’s your chance to fulfill your fantasy. | 喂 这可是你实现梦想的机会 |
[02:49] | Oh,no,no,I couldn’T. | 不 不 不 我不能这么做 |
[02:51] | Why not? | 为什么不? |
[02:51] | Well,for one thing,I don’t want to upset judith. | 呃 一方面 我不想让朱迪丝难过 |
[02:53] | They’re still friends. | 她们还是朋友 |
[02:54] | Alan,the fact that you’re still drawing breath upsets judith. | 艾伦 实际上你已经没有能力让朱迪丝难过了 |
[02:58] | Regardless, | 不管怎么样 |
[02:58] | I-I couldn’t go out with cynthia without clearing it with her first. | 我-我不能在没理清楚跟她的关系之前 跟辛西亚约会 |
[03:01] | Meow. | 喵 啪(暗示朱迪丝一直在控制艾伦) |
[03:04] | I am not whipped. | 我没受她控制 |
[03:06] | What if the positions were reversed? | 如果情况相反呢? |
[03:07] | Kekeuh,like judith was single and wanted to date you. | 呃 比如说朱迪丝单身 她想约你出去. |
[03:10] | I would certainly want her to check with me before I,you know,blew my brains out. | 我当然希望她事先问过我 呃 在我开枪自杀之前 |
[03:16] | Is that all it would take? What’s her number? | 这就是后果吗? 她电话号码多少? |
[03:21] | Where did you get that? | 你从哪儿拿的? |
[03:22] | I found it on the table. | 我在桌子上发现的 |
[03:30] | Oh,jake… | 哦 杰克… |
[03:31] | it’s okay,I’m eating on the side without teeth marks. | 没事 我吃的是没被啃过的一边 |
[03:37] | Puberty,my ass. That’s a missing chromosome. | 青春期才怪 染色体变异还差不多 |
[03:41] | No,I’m pretty sure it’s a bear claw. | 不 我确定是个熊爪. |
[04:13] | -hey,honey,how was… -Not now,mom.I gotta go to the bathroom. | -嗨 亲爱的 你… -妈 现在不行 我要去厕所 |
[04:18] | Please tell me you didn’t let him eat a lot of crap. | 告诉我 你没让他吃太多垃圾食品 |
[04:20] | Let him? | 让他? |
[04:21] | Judith,our son is a billy goat. | 朱迪丝 咱们儿子是只公山羊 |
[04:24] | I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s in there pooping out tin cans. | 他拉出来锡罐子我都不会吃惊 |
[04:28] | Lovely. | 太好了 |
[04:29] | Uh,wait,judith,I wanted to ask you something. | 呃 朱迪丝 等一下 我想问你点事 |
[04:32] | What? | 什么事? |
[04:33] | Well,uh,we were just having coffee,and I happened to run into… | 呃 我们刚才喝咖啡去了 我正巧碰见… |
[04:37] | charlie,can you give us a minute? | 查理 能让我们单独待会儿吗? |
[04:39] | No,I wanna watch th. | 不 我想看一下 |
[04:43] | Why? | 为什么? |
[04:44] | I think it might amuse me. | 我觉得这能让我开心 |
[04:47] | Yeah,well,seek amusement elsewhere. | 你还是去别处找乐子吧 |
[04:51] | Fine,I’ll go talk to herb. | 好的 我去找哈珀聊天 |
[04:53] | Of all judith’s husbands he’s my favorite,anyway. | 朱迪丝的丈夫里面 他是我的最爱 |
[04:58] | You know,jake’s right. | 知道吗 杰克说对了 |
[04:59] | Sometimes you can be hurtful for no reason at all. | 有的时候你莫名其妙地就刻薄得要死 |
[05:03] | So who did you run into? | 你到底遇见谁了? |
[05:06] | cynthia sullivan. | 辛西亚 苏利文 |
[05:07] | Okay,so? | 是吗 所以? |
[05:09] | Uh,well,I know you’re still friends,and I was wondering | 呃 我知道你们还是朋友 所以我想知道 |
[05:12] | if you’d be okay if I… | 你会不会介意 如果我… |
[05:15] | asked her out. | 约她出去 |
[05:16] | Fine. | 没问题 |
[05:17] | -Really? -Sure. | -真的? -当然 |
[05:18] | You’re both adults,you’re both single, | 你们都是成年人了 又都是单身 |
[05:21] | and most importantly,she won’t go out with you. | 最重要的是她不会跟你出去 |
[05:25] | How do you know? | 你怎么知道? |
[05:25] | I know. | 我就是知道 |
[05:26] | Has she said something to you? | 她跟你说过什么了吗? |
[05:28] | No. But you’re not her type. | 没有 但你不是她喜欢的类型 |
[05:31] | Oh,really? What is her type? | 哦 是吗? 她喜欢什么类型的? |
[05:32] | Well,like her ex-husband. | 哦 像她前夫那种类型 |
[05:33] | Smart,funny,sensitive,good-looking. | 聪明 幽默 体贴 帅气 |
[05:37] | And that’s not me? | 我不是那样的吗? |
[05:39] | No,no… you can be funny. | 不 不… 你可以很搞笑 |
[05:42] | Okay,okay,but if she did agree to go out with me,you’d be okay with that? | 好吧 但是如果她同意跟我约会呢 你会不会介意? |
[05:46] | I would,but she won’T. | 我不会 但她不会跟你约会 |
[05:47] | -But if she did? -She won’T. | -但是如果她愿意呢? -她不会的 |
[05:48] | -She might. -She won’T. | -她可能会的 -她绝对不会 |
[05:53] | You know,charlie’s not the only one | 知道吗 查理不是唯一一个 |
[05:55] | who can be hurtful for no reason! | 无缘无故就对人刻薄的人! |
[05:58] | You know,herb,that is a fine,fine hat. | 哈珀 你的帽子太正点了 |
[06:01] | Gotta wear it. Otherwise,I freckle like a banana. | 我必须得戴着 要不 我的雀斑就得像香蕉一样多了 |
[06:05] | Well,I wouldn’t want your banana to get freckled. | 呃 我不想让你的香蕉长那么多斑点 |
[06:10] | -Let’s go,charlie. -Hang on,hang on. | -走吧 查理 -等下 等下 |
[06:12] | We’re having a real interesting conversation here. | 我们正谈得起劲呢 |
[06:15] | Hey,herb,tell alan what you told me about how you plant seeds. | 嘿 哈珀 告诉艾伦你跟我说的 怎么把种子种到土里 |
[06:19] | Well,first,I make sure the soil is moist. | 好吧 首先我要确认土壤是湿润的 |
[06:24] | And tell him how you do that. | 告诉他你是怎么做的 |
[06:26] | Well,I just stick my finger into old mother earth. | 哦 我就把手指插进原先的土壤 |
[06:31] | If it comes up dry,I just whip out my hose and give it a good spritz. | 如果是干的 我就把管子找出来 多浇些水 |
[06:36] | And then? | 然后呢? |
[06:38] | Then I carefully plant the seed in the soil. | 然后小心地把种子埋到土里 |
[06:40] | Carefully? | 小心地? |
[06:41] | Why carefully? | 为什么要小心地? |
[06:43] | Well,because if you just fling that stuff around, | 噢 因为如果你就那么随便一撒 |
[06:46] | half of it’s wasted. | 一半的种子就浪费掉了 |
[06:51] | You hear that,alan? | 听到了吗 艾伦? |
[06:52] | If you fling your seed around,it gets wasted. | 如果你把种子随便一撒 就会浪费了 |
[06:55] | Fascinating. Let’s go. | 有意思 咱们走吧. |
[06:56] | Now hold on,hold on. | 等一等 等等. |
[07:00] | How do you feel about bushes,herb? | 你怎么看灌木丛的 哈珀? |
[07:03] | Well,I like a full bush. | 哦 我喜欢完全天然的灌木 |
[07:08] | The way god intended. | 上帝创造的 |
[07:12] | I like ’em trimmed. | 我还是喜欢修剪后的 |
[07:16] | -What about you,alan? -We’re going. | -你呢 艾伦? -我们走吧 |
[07:17] | -Bye,herb. -Bye,fellas. | -再见 哈珀 -再见 兄弟们 |
[07:20] | Why do you do that to him? | 你为什么那么对他? |
[07:22] | It amuses me. | 让自己开心啊 |
[07:28] | alan: Oh,great. So I will pick you up tonight at 7:00. | 哦 太好了 那么我今晚七点去接你 |
[07:31] | Yeah,yeah,I’m-I’m really looking forward to it. | 好的 我-我非常期待 |
[07:33] | Okay,okay,bye. | 好的 再见 |
[07:43] | Judith said cynthia wouldn’t go out with me,and she was wrong,s | 朱迪丝说辛西亚不会跟我出去 她错了 |
[07:48] | Hey,I told you she’d go out with you. | 嘿 我告诉你了她会的 |
[07:50] | And you were right,sir. | 先生 你是对的 |
[07:51] | I ignore you at my own peril | 说到女人 酒和性病 |
[07:53] | when it comes to women,liquor and venereal disease. | 安全起见我还是忽略你的看法比较好 |
[07:58] | Then listen to me now. | 那么现在注意听我说 |
[08:00] | be prepared for sex tonight. | 做好今晚嘿咻的准备 |
[08:03] | Sex? It’S… | 嘿咻? 这是… |
[08:04] | it’s a first date. | 这才是第一次约会 |
[08:05] | Not really. | 不完全是 |
[08:06] | You and cynthia are old friends. | 你和辛西亚是老朋友了. |
[08:08] | You know each other,and you like each other. | 你们互相了解 互相喜欢 |
[08:09] | You might as well smell like each other. | 你们也许体味都是一样的 |
[08:11] | No,I don’t think so. | 不 我不这么想 |
[08:13] | -Not cynthia. -Not cynthia? | -辛西亚不行 -辛西亚不行? |
[08:15] | Alan,the woman’s pushing 40. | 艾伦 这个女人快到40了 |
[08:17] | She’s coming off a divorce and praying that her looks hold out long enough | 她已经离婚了 正希望自己的容貌还有足够的吸引力 |
[08:20] | so she can snag some pathetic loser | 那样的话她就能抓住几个她五年前 |
[08:22] | she wouldn’t have been caught dead with five years ago. | 死也不愿意要的可悲的失败者 |
[08:26] | Oh,boy,I’m getting laid tonight! | 哦 老兄 我今晚可以嘿咻了! |
[08:30] | I’m saying. | 我只是说说而已 |
[08:31] | Oh,I wish I could rub judith’s nose in this. | 哦 我真希望能用这事儿当面嘲笑朱迪丝 |
[08:34] | That would be a huge “ha!” | 那将会是一个超大的”哈!” |
[08:36] | Don’t worry,judith’ll find out. | 别担心 朱迪丝会发现的 |
[08:38] | Are you gonna tell her? | 你会告诉她吗? |
[08:40] | -No. -Would you? | -不会 -你会吗? |
[08:44] | Alan,cynthia will tell her. | 艾伦 辛西亚会告诉她 |
[08:47] | Oh,right,right. They’re friends. | 哦 对 没错 她们是朋友 |
[08:48] | More importantly,they’re women. | 更重要的是 她们是女人 |
[08:50] | And you know how they are–blah,blah,blah. | 你也知道的–哇啦 哇啦 哇啦 |
[08:53] | They tell each other everything. | 她们无话不谈 |
[08:55] | Trust mei ‘l’lbe like judith is watching every move you make tonight. | 相信我 朱迪丝今晚会关注你的一举一动 |
[09:00] | Every move? | 一举一动? |
[09:02] | So bring your a-game. | 所以把你的绝活拿出来 |
[09:04] | Right,right. | 是啊 没错 |
[09:10] | what if I don’t have an a-game? | 如果我没有绝活呢? |
[09:13] | You’d better find one,’cause you don’t wanna get yanked off the mound. | 你最好有一个 要不你就可能被扫地出门 |
[09:26] | Where you going? | 你去哪儿? |
[09:27] | Warm up the ol’ pitching arm. | 活动活动我的老胳膊老腿 |
[09:31] | I’m using a metaphor. | 我是打个比方 |
[09:33] | So am I. | 我也是 |
[09:40] | oh,alan,I have fantasized about this for so long. | 哦 艾伦 我已经幻想这个很久了 |
[09:43] | Me,too. | 我也是 |
[09:44] | Ever since we all went to disneyworld | 从我们去迪士尼乐园 |
[09:46] | and you wore that white t-shirt on splash mountain. | 你穿着一件白色T恤被喷泉浇湿了开始 |
[09:49] | Are you sure this isn’t going too fast? | 你觉得我们是不是进展太快了? |
[09:51] | Not a chance. | 完全不会 |
[09:52] | I’ve been warming up all afternoon. | 今天下午我一直在热身 |
[09:55] | Judith: Oh,real smooth,alan. | 哦 非常顺利 艾伦 |
[09:57] | Go ahead. I’m just gonna sit here anwatch every move you make. | 继续 我就坐在这儿观察你的一举一动 |
[10:09] | Oh,alan,that was remarkable! | 哦 艾伦 这次太非同寻常了! |
[10:15] | remarkable good,right? | 非同寻常的好 是吧? |
[10:18] | Oh,yeah. | 哦 是啊 |
[10:30] | I have to admit,I was a little worried that this might be awkward. | 我得承认 我担心这也许会很怪 |
[10:35] | How come? | 为什么? |
[10:36] | Well,I mean,you know,I am friends with judith. | 呃 我的意思是 你知道的 我和朱迪丝是朋友 |
[10:39] | We do talk. | 我们会讨论啊 |
[10:40] | No kidding? | 是吗? |
[10:41] | Well,the next time you talk, | 喔 你们下次讨论的时候 |
[10:43] | be sure you use the word “remarkable.” | 记得用这个词 “非同寻常的” |
[10:46] | Alan,I’m not like that. | 艾伦 我不会那么做的 |
[10:49] | I mean,I believe in discretion. | 我的意思是 我可是很自律的 |
[10:50] | Really? I think it’s overrated. | 是吗? 我觉得没必要那么自律 |
[10:52] | Go ahead,tell her. | 没关系 告诉她吧 |
[10:54] | No. | 不 |
[10:56] | In fact,you know,I wish judith had a little more discretion. | 实际上 我希望朱迪丝也能自律一点 |
[10:59] | What do you mean? | 你的意思是? |
[11:01] | Well,she just goes on and on about her sex life with herb. | 哦 她一直不断地谈论她和哈珀的性生活 |
[11:05] | Big bird’s pretty boring,huh? | 傻大个非常无聊 是吧? |
[11:09] | No. | 不是的 |
[11:10] | I mean,the way she tells it,he is an amazing lover. | 我的意思是 她说他是一个超级棒的情人 |
[11:13] | Yeah,that’s what I thought… wait. | 是啊 我也是这么想的… 等下 |
[11:17] | Wait,wait. Herb melnick is an amazing lover? | 等等 哈珀 梅尔尼克是个超棒的情人? |
[11:21] | Yeah. She said he’s the best that she’s ever had. | 是啊 她说是有过的最棒的一个了 |
[11:25] | No. No. | 不 不会的 |
[11:27] | That…that… that can’t possibly be right. | 那…那个… 那不可能 |
[11:31] | How can that be? | 怎么会呢? |
[11:33] | Well,apparently he’s just… no. | 呃 他很显然… 不行 |
[11:37] | I can’t go into that. | 我不该说这些 |
[11:38] | Sure,you can. Go ahead. | 你当然可以说 继续 |
[11:41] | No. It wouldn’t be right. | 不要了 这么做不对 |
[11:43] | I’m sorry. Just forget I said anything. | 抱歉 把我说的那些都忘了吧 |
[11:54] | Best she’s ever had. | 她有过的最好的 |
[12:17] | Oh,herb,you’re the best I’ve ever had. | 哦 哈珀 你是最棒的 |
[12:25] | -Morning. -Morning. | -早 -早 |
[12:28] | So,how did it go last night? | 昨晚怎么样啊? |
[12:31] | You were right. We had sex. | 你说得没错 我们嘿咻了 |
[12:35] | Then why the long face,seabiscuit? | 那干嘛还拉长个脸 海洋饼干? (注:海洋饼干为一部电影中的马的名字) |
[12:42] | You’re so much better than the only other man I’ve ever been with. | 你比我的其他男人好太多了 |
[12:47] | I’ve just got something on my mind. | 我只是在想一些事 |
[12:50] | Like what? | 比如? |
[12:52] | I had no idea what I was missing. | 我不知道我错过什么了 |
[12:58] | Forget it. | 算了吧 |
[13:05] | Oh,come on. | 喂 说啊 |
[13:06] | -What’s bothering you? -Nothing.I’m fine. | -你在烦什么啊? -没什么 我很好 |
[13:16] | Oh,come on! | 哦 拜托! |
[13:21] | Come on,what? | 什么拜托啊? |
[13:23] | In what universe is herb melnick a better lover than me? | 哈珀 梅尔尼克怎么可能比我强? |
[13:27] | Herb melnick? | 哈珀 梅尔尼克? |
[13:29] | I thought you had sex with cynthia last night. | 我以为你昨天晚上跟辛西亚嘿咻呢 |
[13:32] | I did. But you know what she told me? | 没错啊. 但你知道她跟我说什么了吗? |
[13:34] | That judith told her that herb was the best lover she’s ever had. | 朱迪丝告诉她 哈珀是她经历的最好的情人 |
[13:39] | How does that come up while you’re boffing cynthia? | 你跟辛西亚嗨咻的时候怎么会提到这个? |
[13:42] | What difference does it make? | 这有什么区别啊? |
[13:43] | I’m just trying to picture the context. | 我只是在试着想象一下那个情景 |
[13:46] | “Oh,cynthia,I am so turned on right now! | “哦 辛西亚 你太惹火了! |
[13:48] | I wonder how herb does it to judith.” | 我想知道哈珀是怎么对朱迪丝的” |
[13:50] | No,it wasn’t like that. | 不 不是那样的 |
[13:52] | Okay,was it,like,”golly,you have firm buttocks. | 好吧 像这样 “天呐 你的屁股真结实 |
[13:54] | You know who else has a nice ass? Herb melnick.” | 你知道谁还有这样的屁股吗? 哈珀 梅尔尼克” |
[13:58] | I didn’t bring up the subject of herb’s sexual prowess. | 不是我说起哈珀超凡的上床功夫的 |
[14:00] | Cynthia did. | 是辛西亚 |
[14:02] | Oh,that’s never a good sign. | 哦 那可不是一个好兆头 |
[14:05] | 15 years judith and I were together–12 years of marriage– | 我跟朱迪丝一起15年了–12年的婚姻生活– |
[14:08] | and the best sex we ever had w mediocre. | 我们最好的性爱也是平庸的 |
[14:11] | If you were having bad sex,why did you marry her? | 如果你对这个不满意 你为什么还要娶她? |
[14:14] | What kind of stupid question is that? | 你这是什么愚蠢问题啊? |
[14:15] | I told you,we were having sex. | 我告诉你 我们有性爱 |
[14:19] | But she never enjoyed it. | 但是她从未喜欢过那个 |
[14:20] | Certainly never sought it out. | 肯定是没找到她要的 |
[14:22] | Then herb melnick comes along | 直到哈珀 梅尔尼克就带着 |
[14:24] | with his tousled hair and goofy charm | 他那头蓬乱的头发和傻笑出现了 |
[14:26] | and lights her up like an all-night liquor store. | 照亮了她的生活 就像通宵营业的酒吧 |
[14:31] | So you’re saying… | 所以你的意思是… |
[14:33] | farmer herb is tilling soil you couldn’t even get your hoe into. | 农民哈珀已经在种地了 而你甚至连锄头都没动呢 |
[14:38] | M-my hoe? | 我-我的锄头? |
[14:39] | Yeah,you know,with an “e”? Hoe. | 没错 有一个 “e”? 锄 |
[14:42] | Fine. Yes. | 好的. 明白了 |
[14:43] | And it’s bothering you to know that night after night he’s planting a tree in israel. | 让你心烦的是你知道了 他夜以继日地在以色列种树 |
[14:49] | And by israel,I mean judith. | 我用以色列指代朱迪丝 |
[14:53] | Yes. | 明白 |
[14:53] | And,by tree,I mean… | 还有 我用 树 指的是… |
[14:54] | I know what you mean. Okay?I get it. | 我明白你的意思了 好吧? 我明白了 |
[14:56] | God! Why do you do this to me? | 上帝! 你为什么要这样对我? |
[14:58] | Haven’t I made that clear? | 我说得不明白吗? |
[15:00] | It amuses me. | 我觉得有意思啊 |
[15:02] | Well,it’s driving me nuts. | 这是要把我逼疯了 |
[15:03] | I mean,what’s his secret? How does he do it? | 我的意思是 他的秘诀是什么? 他怎么做到的? |
[15:05] | Maybe he’s got a big trouser monkey. | 也许因为他是个大家伙 |
[15:09] | Have you been listening this whole time? | 你一直在这儿听着吗? |
[15:11] | Wouldn’t you? | 换成你不听吗? |
[15:14] | You think she’s right? | 你觉得她说得对吗? |
[15:15] | You think he’s just well-endowed? | 他只是家伙大? |
[15:17] | He could be. | 也许是 |
[15:18] | He’s what,six four? | 他多高 6’4? |
[15:19] | Got big hands. | 一双大手 |
[15:21] | If everything else is proportional, | 如果一切都成比例的话 |
[15:22] | I’m guessing he could ring doorbells with that thing. | 我想他可以用自己那个家伙按门铃了 |
[15:25] | You’re not helping. | 你根本不是在帮忙 |
[15:27] | I rarely do. | 我确实很少这么做 |
[15:29] | Oh,come on,alan,you’re looking at this the wrong way. | 哦 拜托 艾伦 你想问题的角度不对 |
[15:31] | What do you mean? | 你的意思是? |
[15:32] | Well… you’re seeing your ex-wife as half empty. | 呃… 你看你的前妻觉得她是半空的 (指悲观主义者看半瓶水是半空的) |
[15:36] | -But with herb in the picture… -shut up. | -但是哈珀就觉得… -闭嘴 |
[15:41] | Oh,get a room. | 哦 去开个房吧 |
[15:47] | oh,alan! | 哦 艾伦! |
[15:48] | Oh,cynthia! | 哦 辛西亚! |
[15:50] | Judith: Oh,herb! | 哦 哈珀! |
[15:52] | Hey,buddy. | 嘿 兄弟 |
[15:56] | Okay,I can’t do this. | 我不能这么做 |
[15:58] | Well,wh-what’s the matter? | 喔 怎么了? |
[15:59] | I got to know–what makes herb the best judith’s ever had? | 我要搞清楚–为什么哈珀是朱迪丝最好的情人? |
[16:02] | I thought we settled this. | 我想我们已经讨论过这个问题了 |
[16:04] | Yeah,but it’s driving me crazy. | 没错 但这快把我逼疯了 |
[16:05] | I mean,is it just physical endowment? | 我的意思是 就是因为那个的大小吗? |
[16:07] | What? | 什么? |
[16:09] | You know,can he put a hat on it | 他是不是可以在老二上带个帽子 |
[16:11] | and drive in the carpool lane? | 就用那里把车停进车位了? |
[16:12] | I am not gonna repeat what a friend said to me in confidence. | 我不想重复一个朋友对我私底下说的话 |
[16:16] | Don’t give me that you’re a woman. | 别装了 你是个女人 |
[16:17] | That’s all you guys do–blah,blah,blah. | 你们女人都是一样的–哇啦哇啦哇啦 |
[16:20] | you know what I think? | 你知道我怎么想吗? |
[16:21] | I think that you’re still not over judith. | 我觉得你还没忘记朱迪丝 |
[16:24] | Oh,please,I don’t care about judith. I just… | 哦 拜托 我根本不在乎朱迪丝 我只是… |
[16:26] | I can’t wrap my head around herb’s penis. | 我脑子里总想着哈珀的老二的事儿 |
[16:29] | Okay,I just realized why your marriage ended. | 哦 我开始明白为什么你的婚姻走到头了 |
[16:33] | Why? | 为什么? |
[16:34] | Because something is very wrong with you. | 因为你脑子有问题 |
[16:40] | oh,that. | 哦 那个啊 |
[16:42] | I think you should go home. | 我想你应该回家了 |
[16:44] | But-but you said I was remarkable. | 但是-但是你说过我床上功夫很棒 |
[16:46] | Get out! | 滚出去! |
[16:50] | Fine. | 好的 |
[16:56] | Okay,I’ll see you guys at home. | 咱们家里见 |
[17:02] | * Oh,I come from alabama with a banjo on my knee * | * 哦 我来自阿拉巴马 带着一把班卓琴 * |
[17:06] | * gonna grow toma,toes and I’ve got some baby peas * | * 要栽种一些番茄 我还有一些嫩豌豆 * |
[17:11] | Hey,fellas. | 嘿 兄弟们 |
[17:14] | -Here to pick up jake? -Yeah. | -来接杰克? -是啊. |
[17:16] | Another weekend with the boy. | 又要跟小家伙一起过周末了 |
[17:17] | -Gonna take him to the movies. -Okay. | -还要带他去看电影 -是啊 |
[17:23] | Well,he’s waiting for you. | 呃 他在等你们呢 |
[17:24] | -Oh,great. -Great. | -哦 对了 -没错 |
[17:26] | Yeah. Come on,alan. | 走吧 艾伦 |
[17:30] | I didn’t see anything,did you? | 我什么也没看见 你呢? |
[17:31] | Nothing jumped out at me. | 那玩意又不会对我起反应 |
[17:35] | I just don’t get it–what is his secret? | 我真不明白了–他有什么绝活? |
[17:38] | Maybe he doesn’t have a secret. | 也行他根本就没有什么绝活 |
[17:40] | What do you mean? | 你的意思是? |
[17:41] | I mean,you didn’t set the bar too high to begin with. | 我的意思是 起点本来就不高 |
[17:46] | It’s like judith spent 15 years living on peanut butter and jelly. | 就像朱迪丝跟花生酱和果冻一起15年 |
[17:50] | So if someone comes along and offers her baloney, | 如果有个人来给了她一根大香肠 |
[17:53] | she’s goanthink it’s a steak sandwich. | 她就会认为那是个牛排三明治了 |
[17:56] | Jake,your father’s here! | 杰克 你老爸来了! |
[17:59] | So,I’m sorry to hear about you and cynthia. | 对了 对你和辛西亚的事我很抱歉 |
[18:01] | She told you. | 她告诉你了 |
[18:02] | Of course she told me–we’re friends. | 她当然会告诉我–我们是朋友 |
[18:05] | Did she happen to mention the word… “remarkable”? | 她有没有提这个词… “不寻常的”? |
[18:09] | No,but she did say she didn’t think you were over me. | 没有 不过她说你对我余情未了 |
[18:12] | Oh,he’s over you. | 哦 他已经把你忘干净了 |
[18:13] | -Right,alan? -Right. | -对吗 艾伦? -没错 |
[18:16] | But what’s the deal with herb’s junk? | 但你跟哈珀的那玩意是怎么回事? |
[18:21] | -What? -Nothing.Nothing. | -什么? -没什么 没什么 |
[18:24] | -Hey,dad. -Hey,buddy,let’s go.Bye,judith. | -嘿 老爸. -嘿 老兄 走吧 再见朱迪丝 |
[18:26] | Real subtle. | 真狡猾. |
[18:27] | Sometimes you just gotta ask. | 有时候你就得问. |
[18:31] | See you on sunday,herb. | 周日见 哈珀. |
[18:32] | Okay. Have a good weekend. | 好的 周末愉快 |
[18:43] | Look at him go. | 看看他是怎么做的啊 |
[18:47] | Okay,mystery solved. | 好了 一切都解决了. |
[19:13] | Good for you–never too late to learn. | 干得好–活到老学到老 |