时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | you got your homework done? | 作业都做完了? |
[00:05] | -All of it? -Yep. | -全部? -是啊 |
[00:06] | Hmm, attaboy! Now you just get to kick back this weekend. | 呣 不错! 那这个周末你就可以休息下了 |
[00:10] | That’s my plan. | 我就是这么计划的 |
[00:12] | Except… | 除了… |
[00:13] | except nothing. | 没有除了 |
[00:15] | Oh, well, excuse me. | 哦 那 “不好意思” |
[00:20] | -Oh, yeah. -There it is. | -哦 对了 -就是这个 |
[00:24] | I might have to write a book report for monday. | 周一我可能要交一份读书报告 |
[00:27] | What do you mean you might have to write a book report? | 什么叫你可能要交一份读书报告? |
[00:28] | I mean if there’s no earthquake by monday morning, | 我是说如果到周一早上还没发生地震的话 |
[00:31] | I have to write a book report. | 我就得交一份读书报告 |
[00:32] | Oh, god… so what’s the book? | 哦 天…要读什么书? |
[00:35] | William shakespeare’s the taming of the shrew. | 威廉莎士比亚的驯悍记 |
[00:37] | By william shakespeare. | 作者威廉莎士比亚 |
[00:41] | Hey, that’ll come in handy when he’s mopping out the toilets at the house of pancakes. | 嘿 当他在煎饼店擦厕所时 这本书就会派上用场了 |
[00:46] | You know, I could go for some pancakes. | 知道吗 我可以去吃些煎饼 |
[00:48] | Jake, please tell me you read the book. | 杰克 拜托告诉我 你读了那本书 |
[00:51] | I really wish I could, dad. | 我真希望我能这么告诉你 爸爸 |
[00:54] | Oh, jeez. | 哦 天哪 |
[00:55] | I was going to read it, but I can’t find it. | 我是准备要读的 可我找不到书了 |
[00:57] | You lost the book? | 你把书丢了? |
[00:58] | So what do you intend to do about the report? | 那你的报告要怎么办? |
[01:00] | You mean aside from the earthquake? | 你是指不发生地震的话? |
[01:04] | Yeah. | 正是 |
[01:05] | Well, I kind of put all my eggs in the earthquake basket. | 嗯 我差不多把赌注全压在会有地震上了 |
[01:09] | Go get dressed. We’re going to go to the store. | 去穿衣服 我们去书店 |
[01:11] | -Well, can we stop for pancakes? -Go! | -嗯 我们中途能吃个煎饼吗? -快去! |
[01:15] | I bet you’re sorry you took all that lsd before you had him. | 我敢说你一定后悔在生他之前吸毒了 |
[01:21] | I never took any lsd. | 我从没吸过毒 |
[01:23] | You might want to start telling people you did. | 从现在起 你或许想对别人说你吸过 |
[01:34] | Unbelievable.You have a whole week to write this book report. | 真不敢相信 你有整整一周时间来写读书报告 |
[01:36] | Get over it, dad. | 别说了 爸爸 |
[01:40] | Yeah, alan, relax. | 是啊 艾伦 别在意 |
[01:41] | He’ll have eight weeks of summer school to do it. | 在暑期班 他可以有八周来做这个 |
[01:44] | Unless there’s an earthquake. | 除非有地震 |
[01:47] | Oh, excuse me. | 哦 打扰一下 |
[01:48] | Could you tell me where the classic literature section is? | 请问古典文学区在哪儿? |
[01:51] | -Third floor near the restroom. -Thank you. | -三楼靠近洗手间 -谢谢 |
[01:53] | You guys go ahead. I’m gonna look at some magazines. | 你们先去 我看看杂志 |
[01:55] | They don’t sell those kinds of magazines here. I checked. | 他们不卖那种杂志 我找过 |
[02:00] | Come on, you little perv. Meet me back here. | 走吧 小色狼 一会儿在这见 |
[02:03] | Wait. Was that an earthquake? | 别动 是地震吗? |
[02:09] | Can help you find anything? | 需要帮忙吗? |
[02:11] | Yeah, uh, I’m looking for a book. | 嗯 我在找一本书 |
[02:16] | You probably need more than that. | 你大概需要更多的信息 |
[02:18] | I want a book about, you know, relationship stuff. | 我要找本关于 呃 情感方面的 |
[02:21] | Ooh, relationship stuff. | 哦 情感方面 |
[02:24] | No, not “ooh, relationship stuff,” just relationship stuff. | 不 不是”哦 情感方面” 只是情感方面 |
[02:29] | It’s in the self-help section. | 在励志类 |
[02:31] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[02:32] | Best of luck. | 好运 |
[02:37] | This is worse than buying condoms. | 比买避孕套难受多了 |
[02:41] | Okay, let’s see. | 好 让我瞧瞧 |
[02:43] | Why relationships fail. | 感情失败的原因 |
[02:46] | Smart women, foolish choices. | 聪明女人笨选择 |
[02:49] | Thank god for those gals. | 多亏有这些女人 |
[02:51] | -Excuse me. -Sorry. | -借过 -抱歉 |
[02:53] | Oh, embracing your soul mate? | 哦 拥抱你的精神伴侣 |
[02:57] | “Soul mate.” | “精神伴侣” |
[02:58] | I thought it was “cell mate.” | 我还以为是”监狱室友” (注:soul mate VS cell mate二者音近) |
[03:01] | You know, a prison love story? | 你知道 监狱里的爱情故事 |
[03:03] | Mm, I see. | 嗯 我明白 |
[03:04] | Not that I’m into prison love stories. | 不是说我喜欢监狱爱情故事 |
[03:07] | I like the girls in prison stuff. | 我喜欢在监狱故事里的女孩们 |
[03:10] | Oh, who am I kidding? | 哦 我和谁开玩笑呢 |
[03:13] | I’m looking for some help, okay? | 我在寻求帮助 |
[03:15] | Well, you’re not alone. | 嗯 你并不孤独 |
[03:16] | There are millions of people out there looking for help. | 上百万人在寻求帮助 |
[03:19] | Gee, thanks for making me feel special. | 天 谢谢你让我感觉到自己的与众不同 |
[03:22] | Let me ask you something. | 让我来问你 |
[03:24] | What would you change about yourself if you could? | 如果可以的话 你想对自己做什么改变 |
[03:27] | I don’t know, little things, I guess. | 不知道 都是小事 我想 |
[03:29] | Like what? | 比如? |
[03:30] | Oh, well, I guess I’d like to be a little happier. | 哦 嗯 我想更开心些 |
[03:33] | Maybe find a way to sustain a healthy relationship with a woman | 或许想办法和一个女人维持一段正常的感情 |
[03:35] | so I don’t, | 这样 我就不会 |
[03:36] | you know, grow old and die alone, incontinent and unloved. | 孤独终老 大小便失禁 还没人爱 |
[03:42] | Ah, yes, the little things. | 啊 是啊 的确都是”小事” |
[03:45] | Can I recommend a book for you? | 我能向你推荐本书吗? |
[03:47] | Well, as long as I’m here. | 呃 我还在这儿呢 |
[03:55] | Breaking barriers: Finding the intimacy you deserve. | 消除隔阂:找寻你应得的亲密关系 |
[03:59] | I don’t know, I was hoping to do better than I deserve. | 不知道 我一直希望能做的更好 而不只是应得的 |
[04:02] | Give it a chance. | 试一下 |
[04:03] | I hear it’s helped a lot of people. | 我听说对很多人都很有用 |
[04:05] | For 25 bucks, it better wash my car. | 25块 还不如用来洗车 |
[04:11] | Wait a minute. Is this you? | 等一下 这是你吗? |
[04:13] | Armor all is extra. | 牛魔王产品另外收费. |
[04:16] | Oh, cool. Will you sign it for me? | 喔 酷 能给我签个名吗? |
[04:18] | Oh, I’d be happy to. What’s your name? | 哦 十分愿意 你的名字? |
[04:19] | -Charlie. -Okay. | -查理 -好 |
[04:22] | Now, that it’s autographed, | 现在 上面有亲笔签名了 |
[04:24] | I’m not a lose I’m a collector. | 所以我不是个失败者 我只是喜欢收集签名 |
[04:28] | Here you go. | 给你 |
[04:31] | “To charlie, reading a self-help book doesn’t make you less of a man.” | “致查理 读励志书籍不会让你显得不男人” |
[04:37] | Okay, back to loser. | 得 又变回失败者了 |
[04:40] | You’re not a loser, charlie. | 你不是一个失败者 查理 |
[04:41] | Like most men, you’re just afraid to be vulnerable. | 和大多数男人一样 你只是怕自己受伤 |
[04:44] | Excuse me, but what sane person wants to be vulnerable? | 不好意思 但是理智的人怎么会想要受伤呢? |
[04:47] | If you’re not vulnerable, you can’t feel anything. | 如果你不受伤 就无法感受到爱 |
[04:50] | Yeah, and? | 是吗 然后呢? |
[04:52] | Read the book. | 看书吧 |
[04:55] | Wait. | 等一下 |
[04:57] | Can I buy you a cup of coffee? | 我能请你喝杯咖啡吗? |
[04:59] | Why? | 为什么? |
[05:00] | I’d like to talk to you some more. | 我还想和你聊聊 |
[05:02] | Are you still gonna buy the book? | 你还打算买这本书吗? |
[05:04] | I have to. You wrote all over it. | 我不得不买 你都在上面写了字 |
[05:07] | -Then sure, why not? -Great. | -那好吧 为什么不呢? -太好了 |
[05:10] | Listen, if I give you the money, will you pay for it? | 听着 如果我给你钱 你能帮我递给收银员吗? |
[05:12] | I don’t need any more sympathy from the help. | 我不想从店员那获得更多的同情了 |
[05:16] | What’s a shrew anyway? | 鼩鼱是什么? |
[05:17] | Oh, it’s a small rodent. | 哦 一种小型臼齿类动物 |
[05:19] | Oh, so this is like stuart little? | 哦 这么说有点像精灵鼠小弟? |
[05:21] | No, no, it’s about a man trying to control | 不 不 这故事是讲一个男人试图控制 |
[05:24] | a willful, angry woman. | 一个任性的 易怒的女人 |
[05:26] | Is he trying to control her with rodents? | 他是不是想用臼齿类动物控制她? |
[05:30] | I don’t want to spoil it for you. | 我不想让你扫兴 |
[05:32] | Let’s just find your uncle charlie and get out of here. | 我们去找你查理伯伯吧 然后回家 |
[05:35] | Excuse me, uh… | 打扰一下 嗯… |
[05:36] | have you seen a guy, | 你有没有看见一个 |
[05:38] | um, dark hair, bowling shirt, shorts? | 深色头发 穿保龄球衫和短裤的男人? |
[05:40] | Oh, yeah, the self-help guy. | 哦 有 那个找励志书的 |
[05:42] | No, that doesn’t sound like him. | 不 听起来不是他 |
[05:44] | Well, a guy like that just left with a pretty blonde woman. | 哦 还有一个那样的家伙 刚和一个金发美女离开了 |
[05:46] | That sounds like him. | 这听起来像他了 |
[05:49] | Dad, this is the wrong book. | 爸爸 这本书不对 |
[05:51] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么呢? |
[05:52] | It’s in some sort of foreign language. | 像是外语写的 |
[05:55] | It’s elizabethan. | 那是伊丽莎白时代的语言 |
[05:56] | Well, can we get one in english? | 我们能找本英语的吗? |
[05:59] | Walk. | 快走 |
[06:06] | How could you have already lost the book? | 你怎么又把书丢了? |
[06:08] | I didn’t do it on purpose! What are you yelling at me for? | 我又不是故意的! 你干嘛对我吼? |
[06:11] | ‘Cause it’s one of the few pleasures of being your father! | 因为这是当你爸爸为数不多的乐趣之一 |
[06:16] | Oh, look who’s here! | 哦 看那 谁回来了! |
[06:18] | Thanks a lot. | 真谢谢你 |
[06:19] | What did I do? | 我怎么了? |
[06:20] | You stranded us at the mall. | 你把我们丢在书店 |
[06:22] | We had to take the bus home. | 我们只好坐公车回来 |
[06:23] | The bus! | 公车! |
[06:24] | I left the book on the bus. There. Mystery solved. | 我把书落在公车上了 好了 神秘事件解决 |
[06:28] | Go get in the car. | 到车里去 |
[06:30] | Where are we going? | 我们去哪? |
[06:30] | Where do you think we’re going? | 你说去哪? |
[06:33] | Well, we never did get those pancakes. | 嗯 我们还没去买煎饼呢 |
[06:37] | We’re going back to the bookstore to buy another damn book. | 我们回书店 再买本那个该死的书 |
[06:39] | And this one’s coming out of your allowance. | 并且这本从你的零用钱里扣 |
[06:41] | What allowance? | 什么零用钱? |
[06:45] | Wait. I’m supposed to be getting an allowance? | 等一下 我应该有零用钱的? |
[06:47] | Go get your shoes. | 去穿鞋? |
[06:54] | -Did you guys feel that? -Move it! | -你们感觉到了吗? -快去! |
[07:00] | So guess what? | 知道吗? |
[07:02] | I’m going to transform my life and get the intimacy I dervrve. | 我打算改变我的生活 获得我应得的亲密关系 |
[07:06] | Fantastic. | 很好 |
[07:07] | You work on that while I go back to the mall with taterhead. | 你干你的 我带着土豆脑袋回书店 |
[07:11] | Not only that, I met the author, and she’s amazing. | 不止这样 我遇见了这本书的作者 她棒极了 |
[07:14] | Is this the woman you dumped us for? | 就为了那个女人 你把我们丢下了? |
[07:16] | Yeah, and you know what she told me? | 是的 你知道她告诉我什么吗? |
[07:17] | No idea. | 不知道 |
[07:19] | She told me that my fear of being hurt | 她告诉我 我那种害怕受伤的心理 |
[07:21] | keeps me from feeling anything at all. | 使我不能真正的去感受 |
[07:23] | It’s like I’m like living in an emotional prison that I built myself. | 我就像是住在自己搭建的情感监狱里 |
[07:26] | How about that? You abandoned us. | 那又怎样? 你丢下了我们 |
[07:29] | I know, but get this: I’m not just a prisoner. I’m the warden. | 我知道 但知道吗 我不只是个犯人 我还是看守 |
[07:36] | We had to take t busus and walk a mile | 我们倒了两趟车 然后在交通高峰期 |
[07:39] | on the pacific coast highway during rush hour. | 沿着太平洋海岸高速走一英里 |
[07:41] | I get it. I understand. | 我知道 我明白 |
[07:43] | But the good news is, I hold the keys to my own freedom. | 但好消息是 我拥有开启心灵自由的钥匙 |
[07:48] | There’s no sidewalk on the pacific coast highway. | 太平洋海岸高速上没有人行道 |
[07:52] | Okay, okay. I hear ya. | 好吧 好吧 我听到了 |
[07:54] | You’re angry and resentful. | 你很生气 很不满 |
[07:56] | But what you need to understand is that resentment is the mortar | 但是你要知道 不满就像灰泥 |
[08:00] | that holds the bricks of loneliness together in a wall of alienation and despair. | 它把孤独的砖砌成一堵疏远和绝望的墙 |
[08:06] | Chapter 3: “Knocking down the wall.” | 第三章 推倒这堵墙 |
[08:10] | Bite me. | 咬我 |
[08:13] | That’s chapter one in my forthcoming book entitled, bite me. | 那是我即将面世的书的第一章 咬我 |
[08:19] | Chapter two is called, “kiss my pale white ass.” | 第二章叫 “亲亲我苍白的屁股” |
[08:24] | We can’t go back to the mall. | 我们去不成书店了 |
[08:25] | Why not? | 为什么? |
[08:26] | My shoes are missing. | 我鞋子不见了 |
[08:31] | Huh, another mystery solved. | 呣 又一个神秘事件解决 |
[08:36] | Wrong foot, buddy. | 穿错了 伙计 |
[08:39] | Oh, yeah, thanks. | 哦 是的 谢谢 |
[08:42] | Guess I should be reading taming of the shoe. | 看起来我应该读 驯鞋记 |
[08:46] | Get it? | 明白? |
[08:50] | You might want to start thinking about having him neutered. | 你或许应该考虑把他阉了 |
[08:59] | Mmm, this is delicious. | 喔 真好吃 |
[09:01] | I’ve never had ethiopian food before. | 我以前从没吃过埃塞俄比亚菜 |
[09:03] | Mmm, I’ve loved it ever since I lived in ethiopia. | 呣 我住在埃塞俄比亚之后就爱上了 |
[09:07] | When did you live there? | 你什么时候住在那儿? |
[09:09] | Let’s see… it would have to be 1972. | 让我想想 应该是1972年 |
[09:13] | “1972”? “1972”? | |
[09:15] | Were you born there? | 你在那出生? |
[09:18] | Don’t be silly. | 别傻了 |
[09:19] | This was right after college. I was in the peace corps. | 那时我大学刚毕业 参加了和平军 |
[09:23] | College. | 大学 1972年 |
[09:27] | Need a pencil? | 要笔吗? |
[09:30] | N-n-no, no, no, no. | 不 不 不 不 不 |
[09:32] | I was just thinking what I was doing in 1972. | 我只是在想我1972年在干嘛? |
[09:35] | Oh, tell me. | 哦 说说看 |
[09:38] | Well, I don’t have a vivid memory of it, | 呃 我没什么印象了 |
[09:39] | but I’m pretty sure that’s the year I graduated to the big boy potty. | 但是我很确定那一年我告别了婴儿便壶 |
[09:45] | So it’s quite a year for both of us. | 看来1972年 对我俩都意义非凡啊 |
[09:49] | So are you still using that college degree? | 你的大学文凭还在用吗? |
[09:52] | ‘Cause I’m still using the big boy potty. | 我还一直都在用我的上厕所指南 |
[09:56] | You’re used to going out with younger women, aren’t you? | 你一直跟年轻女孩儿约会是吧? |
[09:59] | Well, I don’t really think about age | 我不怎么考虑年龄的 |
[10:02] | as much as I think about personality and, you know, chemistry. | 我觉得性格还有彼此来不来电更重要 |
[10:06] | And, uh, education, family values… | 还有像教育情况 家庭观念什么的… |
[10:12] | all right, young and dumb, you got me. | 好吧 我承认 我喜欢年轻愚蠢的女孩儿 |
[10:16] | I’m not judging you, charlie. | 查理 我并不是要指责你 |
[10:18] | You’re a man and you know what you want. | 你是个成年人 知道自己想要什么 |
[10:20] | What’s wrong with that? | 这样很好呀! |
[10:23] | Nothing? | 没了? |
[10:24] | Nothing. | 没了 |
[10:26] | You are fine just the way you are. | 你就是你 保持下去就很好 |
[10:29] | I am? | 真的吗? |
[10:30] | Of course you are. | 当然了 |
[10:34] | If I called my mother now, | 如果我现在给我老妈打电话 |
[10:36] | would you tell her that? | 你能把那些话再和她说一遍吗? |
[10:38] | You don’t think she knows? | 你觉得她不了解你吗? |
[10:40] | As far as she’s concerned, the last thing I did right was evacuate her uterus. | 在她眼里 我唯一做的好事就是 从她子宫里爬了出来 |
[10:45] | Oh, you poor thing. That’s awful. | 真是可怜 |
[10:48] | It is, isn’t it? | 是啊 |
[10:49] | Every little boy needs to feel loved and nurtured. | 每个小男孩都要被爱和关怀的 |
[10:52] | Otherwise, he grows up with a hole inside him that he can never fill. | 否则 等他长大了 内心就会有个永远无法填补的洞 |
[10:57] | Oh, I have got such a big hole. | 我的那个洞一定很大 |
[11:00] | If my hole could talk. | 要是我的洞会说话那就好了 |
[11:04] | You got a little something right here. | 你这儿 粘了点东西 |
[11:09] | I’ll get it. | 我来帮你擦 |
[11:14] | -There we go. -Thanks. | -干净了 -多谢 |
[11:17] | You know what? | 知道吗? |
[11:19] | I keke Y. | 我喜欢你 |
[11:21] | I like you too, charlie. | 我也喜欢你 查理 |
[11:27] | Try the yemiser kik wat. | 尝尝yemiser kik wat |
[11:30] | Looks kind of yucky. | 看着真恶心 |
[11:32] | Well, don’t look at it. Just taste it. | 那就别看它 吃吃看 |
[11:36] | Oh, come on. Just one bite. For me? | 来吧 就一口 为了我? |
[11:42] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[11:50] | Hey, it’s good. | 味道不错啊 |
[11:52] | I told you. | 那当然了 |
[11:53] | Oh, excuse me. Could I get another napkin? | 再给我点餐巾纸好吗? |
[12:01] | So, what do they have for dessert? | 这里的甜点有什么? |
[12:07] | Well, charlie, thank you for a lovely evening. | 查理 今晚真开心 |
[12:10] | You’re welcome. | 我也是 |
[12:15] | Can I, uh… kiss you good night? | 呃 我们能吻别吗? |
[12:18] | Do you usually ask permission? | 你通常都事先询问吗? |
[12:21] | Well, no. | 呃 一般不 |
[12:23] | Then why are you aing now? | 那今天为什么要问呢? |
[12:26] | I don’t know. I don’T… | 我不知道 也许… |
[12:28] | want to get in trouble. | 不想惹麻烦吧 |
[12:37] | Okay, I’m in trouble. | 看来 我已经有麻烦了 |
[12:43] | oh, I’m sorry. I thought I heard something. | 对不起 我听到有动静 |
[12:45] | It’s okay. Jeremy, this is charlie. | 没什么 杰里米 这是查理 |
[12:46] | Charlie, this is my son jeremy. | 查理 这是我儿子杰里米 |
[12:49] | -How are you? -Good. How’s it going? | -你好 -你好 晚上过的怎么样? |
[12:50] | Good. | 很不错 |
[12:51] | I didn’t mean to interrupt. I just, uh, dropped in to fix your computer. | 我没想打扰你们 只是路过 顺便修一下电脑 |
[12:54] | I’ll leave you two ane. | 不打扰你俩了 |
[12:55] | -Charlie, good meeting you. -Same here. | -查理 见到你很高兴 -我也是 |
[13:00] | So, that’s your son? | 他是你儿子? |
[13:03] | -How old is he? -32 | -他多大了? -32 |
[13:07] | They’re cute at that age. | 这个年龄的孩子都很可爱 |
[13:29] | What? | 怎么了? |
[13:31] | You’re supposed to be finishing your report. | 你的读书报告写好了吧 |
[13:33] | I know, but I can’t find the book. | 我知道 但我找不到书了 |
[13:38] | You’re kidding. We-we just bought it. | 开玩笑吧 我们刚买的啊 |
[13:40] | What can I say, dad? | 我能怎么办呢?老爹 |
[13:42] | It’s a big house and a little book. | 房子这么大 书又那么小 |
[13:46] | Find the book. | 把书找出来 |
[13:49] | I’m really tired. | 我很累 |
[13:50] | Find the book! | 把书找出来! |
[13:54] | Just saying it won’t make it happen. | 你冲我叫 书又不会跳出来 |
[13:58] | Find… the… book! | 把书找出来!!! |
[14:04] | Heads up. He’s losing it. | 当心 他又生气了 |
[14:06] | I should have put frosting on the damn book. | 我真该在那本该死的书上撒点糖霜 |
[14:08] | He’s never lost anything with frosting on it. | 他从来没丢过撒过糖霜的东西 |
[14:12] | I don’t know why you continue to bang your head against the wall. | 我真不明白你为什么要 跟自己过不去呢 |
[14:14] | The kid’s obviously destined to sell tube socks out of the trunk of his car. | 这小子注定就是个败家子了 |
[14:20] | A business of his own. | 那是他自己的事 |
[14:23] | Gee, that’d be swell. | 嗯…一定很有趣 |
[14:27] | So, how was your date? | 约会怎么样? |
[14:30] | Terrific. | 棒极了 |
[14:31] | Then why are you home so early? | 那你干嘛回来这么早? |
[14:33] | Well, turns out she has a kid. | 因为她有个孩子 |
[14:35] | Single mom, huh? | 单身母亲? |
[14:37] | Yeah. | 对 |
[14:40] | That’s what she is: Single mom. | 她确实是个单身母亲 |
[14:42] | -How old? -32 | -多大了? -32 |
[14:44] | -I meant the kid. -So did I. | -我说的是孩子 -我也是 |
[14:47] | You’re kidding. If-if she’s got a 32-year-old kid, that would make her at least… | 开玩笑 孩子都32了 那她最少都… |
[14:51] | don’t do the math, please. | 求求你 还是别算了 |
[14:53] | It all goes south when you do the math. | 越算感觉越糟糕 |
[14:56] | Oh, come on. So-so you’re dating an older woman. It’s no big deal. | 哦 得了吧 你和一个老女人约会 这没什么大不了的 |
[14:59] | That’s it? You’re t gonna give me a hard time about it? | 就这些? 你不打算好好嘲笑我? |
[15:01] | Don’t be silly. I’m more evolved than that. | 别傻了 我可是非常开明的 |
[15:04] | Well, good. | 好极了 |
[15:07] | Just a gigolo everywhere I go people know the part I’m playing… | 我只是个小白脸 人人知道我是做什么的 |
[15:15] | I guess I’m not. | 我想不是我 |
[15:18] | Look, this is a spectacular woman, and it doesn’t matter to me in the least how old she is. | 听着 她是个很棒的女人 她的年龄对我一点都不重要 |
[15:22] | Oh, please. You can’t even tolerate age spots on a banana. | 哦 拜托 连有斑点的香蕉你都无法忍受 |
[15:27] | Okay, first of all, on a banana, those spots are an indication of mushiss. | 好吧 首先 香蕉上出现黑点表示好吃 |
[15:33] | And second, I haven’t peeled this woman yet. | 其次 我也还没开始剥她的衣服呢 |
[15:45] | In the freezer? | 丢在冷藏柜里? |
[15:47] | Jake! | 杰克! |
[15:48] | Jake: I found it! I’m reading! It’s really cool. | 书我找到了 正读着呢 挺不错的 |
[16:06] | For god’s sake. | 上帝啊 |
[16:07] | Hey, I was reading that! | 嘿 我正在读呢 |
[16:09] | You’re writing a report on the taming of the shrew, not the voyages of cap’n crunch. | 你要写的是驯悍记的读书报告 不是脆船长游记! |
[16:14] | Too bad. I could write the crap out of that. | 真不幸 我还蛮想写这么个游记的 |
[16:20] | Okay. | 好好听着 |
[16:22] | I’m not fooling around here. | 我不想跟你在这儿浪费时间了 |
[16:24] | You are going to finish this damn book and write the damn report, | 把那本该死的书看完 然后写完那该死的报告 |
[16:28] | and you are going to hand it in on monday, spell-checked, formatted and on freakin’ time. | 周一交上去 拼写无误 格式正确 准时交工! |
[16:34] | I have my doubts, dad. | 我不太肯定能不能办到啊 老爸 |
[16:38] | -Read! -Fine. | -开始读! -好吧 |
[16:45] | Listen to this. “A sleeve?” | 听听这个 “袖子?” |
[16:47] | ‘Tis like a demi-cannon: What, | “那简直像一尊小炮 怎么回事 |
[16:49] | up and down, carved like an apple tart?” | 上上下下都是折儿 和包子一样” |
[16:51] | All I get from this is, blah, blah, blah, apple tart. | 这段话 也就包子这词儿 我还有点感觉 |
[16:56] | Have we got any apple tarts? | 我们还有包子吗? |
[17:07] | Oh, good. | 真甜 |
[17:08] | I was afraid that first kiss might have been a fluke. | 我真怕我们的初吻只是个意外 |
[17:11] | Well, I don’t know about you, but that was not my first kiss. | 我不知道你是什么情况 那可不是我的初吻 |
[17:14] | Come on in. | 进来吧 |
[17:17] | What a beautiful home. | 房子真漂亮 |
[17:19] | Thank you. | 多谢夸奖 |
[17:23] | How much of it do you want to see? | 想好好参观一下吗? |
[17:27] | Oh, this will be enough for today. | 不了 今天就到此为止好了 |
[17:31] | Understood. Let’s hit the road. | 了解 我们出发吧 |
[17:33] | Aren’t you gonna take a jacket? | 不加件外套吗? |
[17:35] | Nah, I’m okay. I don’t need one. | 不了 我不冷 没问题的 |
[17:36] | Oh, it gets cool in santa barbara, charlie. | 圣芭芭拉很冷的 查理 |
[17:39] | I’ll be fine. | 真的没问题 |
[17:40] | Please. If you don’t need it, you can leave it in the car. | 带一件吧 用不到的话 可以放在车里 |
[17:44] | All right. | 好吧 |
[17:46] | Take a look around. | 那你先随便看看 |
[17:47] | Mm, thanks, I will. | 好的 |
[17:51] | Oh, hi. You, uh… you must be angie. | 你好 你一定是安琪吧 |
[17:54] | I’m alan, charlie’s brother. | 我是艾伦 查理的弟弟 |
[17:55] | Oh, of course. Oh, what a firm handshake. | 哦 多么有力的握手啊 |
[17:58] | Well, uh, no one trusts a chiropractor with limp hands. | 如果按摩师没有手劲的话 很难取信顾客 |
[18:01] | Oh, you’re a chiropractor? | 你是个按摩师? |
[18:03] | Hey, hang on a second. I could have gotten into medical school. | 嘿 别看不起我 我本来可以去读医学院的 |
[18:05] | I-I just didn’t want to spend four years in south america. | 我只是不想在南美呆上四年罢了 |
[18:08] | No, no. I’m a big fan of chiropractics. | 不 不 我非常崇拜按摩师的 |
[18:11] | You’re kidding. | 开玩笑吧? |
[18:12] | No. I think you people are miracle workers. | 才没有 我觉得你们的工作非常的神奇 |
[18:15] | Charlie: Okay. I’m ready to go. | 我已经准备好了 |
[18:17] | Did you put on sunblock? | 抹防晒霜了吗? |
[18:19] | I don’t need sunblock. | 我不用防晒霜 |
[18:21] | Oh, honey, I think you do. | 亲爱的 你会用得到的 |
[18:23] | You have beautiful skin, and I don’t want to see it get burned. | 你皮肤那么好 我可不想你被晒伤了 |
[18:26] | You’re right. Thanks. | 你说的对 听你的 |
[18:29] | Uh, so, anyway, uh, you were saying something about me being a miracle worker? | 嗯…刚才… 你说我的工作非常神奇? |
[18:34] | Oh, god, yes. You know, I threw my back out last year skiing. | 当然了 我去年滑雪的时候弄伤了后背 |
[18:37] | My chiropractor just about saved my life. | 我的按摩师可救了我的命了 |
[18:39] | But that’s what we do. | 这就是我们的职责啊 |
[18:40] | You know, we-we’re not flashy. | 我们穿着不奢侈 |
[18:42] | We don’t get, you know, ecial license plates so we can park wherever the hell we want. | 也没有特别的车牌号码 所以我们想把车停哪儿就停哪儿 |
[18:46] | You know, nobody makes tv shows about us. | 我们的故事也没有搬上银幕 |
[18:49] | Or calls us mcdreamy or mcsteamy or mcmuffin. | 也没人叫我们叫Mcdreamy Mcsteamy或者Mcmuffin (注:热门剧集《实习医生格蕾》里的帅哥医生) |
[18:56] | We just quietly go about the business of healing. | 我们只是默默地救死扶伤 |
[18:58] | I know. I know. | 我了解 |
[18:59] | Thank you. Thank you. I only wish more people appreciated us. | 谢谢你 谢谢你 我只希望能有更多的人赏识我们 |
[19:02] | Well, alan, you can’t worry about what other people think. | 艾伦 你根本无需在乎别人怎么看你 |
[19:04] | I know, but the lack of respect really hurts. | 我知道 但是得不到应有的尊重 还是叫人很难受的 |
[19:07] | You know, “back-cracker.” “Spine-cruncher.” “Quack. | 人们怎么称呼我们呢? 压后背的 按骨头的 江湖郎中 |
[19:11] | ” Uh, “charlatan.” “Witch doctor…” | 骗子 巫医 |
[19:12] | -alan? -“Voodoo priest.” Fraud. Failure. | -艾伦? -伏都教祭司 冒牌货 失败者 |
[19:17] | You know what we call people who say those kinds of things? | 你知道我们怎么称呼这些家伙吗? |
[19:20] | My family? | 我的家人? |
[19:22] | We call them damaged. | 我们称他们是破坏者 |
[19:23] | They need to hurt others in order to feel better about themselves. | 他们只有伤害了别人 才能自我感觉好一点 |
[19:26] | Exactly. | 说的太对了 |
[19:27] | And-and the only reason I don’t feel good about myself is | 我对自己最不满的一点就是 |
[19:28] | that I’m not good enough at hurting them back. | 我居然没能力反过来伤害他们 |
[19:32] | Oh, no, you don’t want to do that. | 不 你才不会真的想伤害别人呢 |
[19:34] | Yeah, I kind of do. | 我真的很想 |
[19:36] | Alan, you need to ignore the negativity and open yourself up | 艾伦 你需要抛弃这些消极想法 打开心扉 |
[19:41] | to the nurturing love that’s all around you. | 去感受包围着你的 真挚的爱 |
[19:44] | Love is all around me? | 爱包围着我? |
[19:45] | Yes. | 没错 |
[19:46] | Is ihiding behind the loathing and rejection? | 是隐藏在厌恶和排斥背后的吗? |
[19:50] | Honey, I am loving you right now. | 亲爱的 我现在就想让你感受到爱 |
[19:54] | Really? | 真的吗? |
[19:55] | Yes, really. | 当然是真的了 |
[19:58] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[20:04] | You are a wonderful, valuable human being. | 你是个出色的有用的人 |
[20:07] | I am? | 我真的是这样的? |
[20:09] | Yes, you are. | 真的 相信我 |
[20:18] | I see you’re getting to know my bther. | 看起来 你和我弟弟已经很熟了嘛 |
[20:27] | ******Iful country? | 这景色真美 |
[20:30] | Yeah. It’s swell. | 对 棒极了 |
[20:32] | Angie, if you like antiquing, I know some great little shops. | 安琪 你喜欢古董的话 我知道几家很不错的小店 |
[20:37] | I’m not going antiquing. | 我没准备去买古董 |
[20:38] | Oh, that’s okay. | 明白了 |
[20:39] | Angie and i will peel off, and you can sit in the park and drink. | 那我可以和安琪单独行动 你可以呆在车里喝点什么 |
[20:44] | Are there any game arcades in santa barbara? | 圣塔芭芭拉有游戏厅吗? |
[20:46] | You won’t have time. | 你没时间去的 |
[20:47] | You have a book to read. | 你要看书 |
[20:48] | Oh, yeah. I forgot it. | 啊 我忘带了 |
[20:53] | That’s okay. We can stop at a bookstore. | 没关系 我们可以找家书店的 |
[20:55] | Aw, gee, we don’t want to ruin your afternoon. | 不 我们可不想破坏你俩的约会 |
[20:57] | Hey, we invited you. | 是我们邀请你们的 |
[20:59] | -We want you with us, right, charlie? -No. | -我们希望大家能在一起 对吧 查理? -不 |
[21:02] | Oh, don’t be that way. | 别这样 |
[21:05] | I’ll tell you what–after we get jake’s book, | 这样吧 我们帮杰克买完书之后就 |
[21:07] | we’ll stop and get ice cream. | 休息一下 吃个冰激凌 |
[21:08] | Yes! | 太好了! |