时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | Thanks, Mom. This is a perfect first job for him | 谢谢 妈妈 他第一份工作干这个真是太合适了 |
[00:10] | First job? | 第一份工作? |
[00:11] | I think you’re looking at a birth of a career. | 我看这就是他的职业生涯 |
[00:19] | I was going to have him put up fliers, | 我本来想让他贴小广告的 |
[00:20] | but I didn’t trust him with a staple gun. | 但让他拿铁丝订书机我实在是不放心 |
[00:22] | How much are you paying him? | 你付他多少钱 |
[00:24] | Obviously, too much. Look at him. | 明显是太多了 你看他呀 |
[00:30] | For the record, I promised him $20 and a Playboy magazine. | 准确地说 我保证会给他20块钱和一本花花公子 |
[00:34] | Playboy? | 花花公子 |
[00:36] | Don’t worry. I’ll Magic-Marker over the ta-tas and hoo-hoos. | 别担心 我把关键部位都用笔涂掉了 |
[00:40] | Oh, that’s disturbing on so many levels. | 从几个方面来看 这都很恶心 |
[00:52] | I should’ve hired a monkey. | 我应该雇一个猴子 |
[00:54] | You mean a different monkey. | 你的意思是其他猴子吧 |
[01:08] | so little Jughead has earned a little paycheck | 看来小呆瓜挣得了一份工资 |
[01:10] | Well, it’s not really a paycheck, | 算不上是工资 |
[01:12] | and he’s not really earning it | 而且他也不是努力挣得的 |
[01:14] | and we don’t call him… | 还有我们不把他叫做… |
[01:16] | I guess I got to give you Jughead. | 我们就称他呆瓜吧 |
[01:18] | I remember my first job. | 我仍然记得我的第一份工作 |
[01:20] | Slaughterhouse. | 是在屠宰场的 |
[01:21] | Strippin’ out sheep intestines for the condom companies. | 把羊肚肠扯下来交给安全套公司 |
[01:28] | Not as sexy as it sounds. | 没有听上去那么性感 |
[01:31] | I was a fluffer in a pet salon. | 我是在宠物美容店吹毛的 |
[01:34] | You know, with a blow dryer. | 拿着吹风机的 |
[01:37] | Huh. I was going a completely different way. | 我刚才脑子里完全不是这个概念 |
[01:42] | What are you doing? | 你在干嘛 |
[01:44] | Thanks to Grandma, | 多亏了奶奶 |
[01:45] | I’m reading an interview with Jimmy Kimmel. | 我在看对吉米·坎摩尔(脱口秀节目主持)的采访 |
[01:48] | Hey, Alan, you got any cash? | 艾伦 你有现金吗 |
[01:50] | Yeah. Why? | 有 干嘛 |
[01:51] | I need to borrow some. | 我要问你借一点 |
[01:53] | What for? | 去干嘛 |
[01:54] | What are you, my mother? | 你谁啊 我妈? |
[01:56] | Just give me a few bucks, save me a trip to the ATM. | 给我几块钱 就能免去我找ATM机的路程了 |
[01:58] | When will I get it back? | 你什么时候还给我 |
[02:00] | I don’t know. Tomorrow. | 不知道啊 明天 |
[02:02] | Okay, how much do you need? | 好吧 你要多少 |
[02:04] | Just a couple hundred. | 几百块就行 |
[02:07] | A couple hundred? | 几百块? |
[02:08] | Who carries around that kind of money? | 谁会带着那么多钱啊 |
[02:10] | Well, let’s see… | 我们来算算 |
[02:11] | Strippers, bookies, prostitutes, | 脱衣舞娘 赌博的 妓女 |
[02:13] | and not entirely coincidentally– me. | 还有我 带上几百块也不算很偶然 |
[02:16] | Well, I’ve only got… 35, 36… $38. | 我只有35 36 38块 |
[02:21] | That’s it? | 就这点? |
[02:23] | That’s your walking around money? | 这就是你常备在口袋里的钱? |
[02:25] | It’s the perfect amount in case I get mugged. | 万一我被抢的话 这些钱刚刚好 |
[02:28] | See, not so little that my attacker | 不算太少 |
[02:29] | will get angry and try and pistol-whip me, | 抢劫犯不会因为生气而用手枪砸我 |
[02:31] | yet not so much that I would feel obliged to fight for it | 也没有多到会让我因此而和他搏斗 |
[02:33] | and possibly be shot while wrestling for the gun. | 从而导致在手枪争夺战中被射死 |
[02:37] | So you got $38. | 所以你只有38块 |
[02:40] | Yep. | 对 |
[02:42] | Just out of curiosity, how much money would it take | 好奇地问一下 多少钱会让你 |
[02:44] | for you to wrestle a gun from a mugger? | 去抢打劫者的枪 |
[02:46] | Assuming a small- to medium- sized mugger, at least $40. | 如果是个块头不算太大的强盗 最少要40块 |
[02:49] | Fine, so, give me the $38. | 好吧 那就把这38块给我 |
[02:52] | All of it? | 全部吗 |
[02:54] | Why not? Then I’ve got nothing. | -为什么不 -那我就什么都没了 |
[02:55] | And you think $38 changes that? | 你觉得揣着38块就有什么不同了吗 |
[02:58] | What if I decide to go out and have some fun? | 如果我决定要去找些乐子呢 |
[03:01] | $38 worth of fun? | 38块钱的乐子? |
[03:04] | I wouldn’t spend all of it. | 我不会全花完的 |
[03:07] | Okay, okay, look, you’re not going out to have fun. | 好吧听着 你不会出去找乐子的 |
[03:09] | You never go out to have fun, because you know why? | 你从来都不出去找乐子 你知道为什么吗 |
[03:12] | You’re not a fun guy. | 你不是一个会找乐子的人 |
[03:13] | Oh, I am very much a fun guy. | 我完全是的 |
[03:16] | We just have different definitions of fun, | 只不过我们对享受的概念不同罢了 |
[03:18] | and mine doesn’t include urinary tract infections | 我的享受不包括尿道感染 |
[03:20] | and dry heaving. | 还有呕吐 |
[03:23] | Just give me the money, ya big fruit. | 把钱给我 你这个死玻璃 |
[03:26] | $38… | 38块 |
[03:28] | If it had been $40, we’d be wrestling, my friend! | 如果是40块的话 我就不会对你客气了 |
[03:38] | Hey, Charlie? | 查理 |
[03:47] | You got my money? | 我的钱呢 |
[03:53] | Charlie! | 查理 |
[03:54] | I’m trying to sleep, Alan. | 我正在睡觉 艾伦 |
[03:55] | Yeah, well, I’ve got to go to work and you said you’d have my money. | 我现在要去上班了 你说过会把钱给我的 |
[03:57] | Oh, for God’s sake. | 我的老天 |
[04:00] | You don’t even have to get up. Just tell me where it is. | 你不需要起来 告诉我在哪儿就行 |
[04:02] | Well, the last I saw any of it, it was sandwiched between | 上次我看见它们的是时候 |
[04:06] | two of the loveliest man-made breasts | 正被夹在那对最可爱的正在朝我眼睛进攻的 |
[04:08] | that ever smacked me in the eye. | 人造大波里 |
[04:11] | Oh, Charlie, you say the sweetest things. | 查理 你的嘴真太甜了 |
[04:14] | Oh, Ginger, this is my brother Alan. | 金姐 这是我的弟弟 艾伦 |
[04:16] | Alan, Ginger. | 艾伦 金姐 |
[04:20] | So bottom line, you don’t have my money? | 你到底有没有还给我的钱 |
[04:22] | No. | 没 |
[04:23] | The money you promised to pay back today? | 你保证今天还给我的 |
[04:25] | The day hasn’t even started yet. | 今天还没开始呢 |
[04:27] | It started for me. | 对我来说开始了 |
[04:28] | That’s only because | 那是因为 |
[04:29] | you’re on Douchebag Savings Time. | 你过的是斤斤计较的日子 |
[04:32] | Can we please talk about this | 我们能不能挑一个 |
[04:34] | when one of us doesn’t have a warm, firm buttock | 没有暖和坚挺的屁股挡在我的腹股沟前面的时候 |
[04:36] | nestled against his groin? | 来讨论这个问题 |
[04:39] | Oh, dear Lord. | 我的上帝 |
[04:40] | So you’ll get it by tonight? | 今天晚上你肯定有钱还我吗 |
[04:41] | I’m hopin’ to get it as soon as you close the door. | 我感觉只要你出去把门关上之后我就有钱还你了 |
[04:47] | Are you really out of cash? | 你真没现金了吗 |
[04:49] | Don’t worry. I’ve got hooker money. | 别担心 鸡钱我还是有的 |
[05:01] | * When you’re hungry at school * | 如果你在学校里饿了的话 |
[05:03] | * You need to know * | 你一定要记住 |
[05:05] | * Paste yes, boogers no. * | 浆糊可以吃 鼻涕绝对不 |
[05:14] | How was your day, darling? | 你今天过得怎么样 亲爱的 |
[05:17] | Fine, except I had to pay for lunch | 不错 除了我只能用我的 |
[05:19] | with my lucky Sacagawea dollar. | 莎卡嘉薇亚(美国历史人物)纪念币来付午饭钱 |
[05:21] | What kind of lunch can you get for a dollar? | 一块钱能买到什么午饭 |
[05:24] | Two gas station hot dogs that were a year old | 加油站买的两个放了一年的热狗 |
[05:26] | if they were a day, thank you very much. | 非常感谢 |
[05:28] | Is Sacagawea the same Indian chick | 莎卡嘉薇亚是否就是那个 |
[05:31] | that’s on the Land O’Lakes butter? | 蓝多湖牌黄油上的印度小妞 |
[05:32] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[05:35] | I hope so. | 希望如此 |
[05:38] | I’d like to believe it is. | 我想应该是的 |
[05:41] | Okay, Charlie, I’m leaving. | 好了 查理 我走了 |
[05:44] | Hang on. Let me pay you. | 等等 先把钱还你 |
[05:49] | Here you go. | 给 |
[05:51] | Did you forget I paid for that pizza the other night? | 你忘了那天晚上我帮你付那个披萨的钱吗 |
[05:53] | Oh, right. How much was that? | 多少钱来着 |
[05:56] | Well, you got the garlic balls too, so, say… 75 bucks. | 那个还加了点蒜丸子 所以应该是75块 |
[06:03] | You got change for a hundred? | 给你100 你有钱找我吗 |
[06:04] | Nope. | 没有 |
[06:05] | Okay, you’ll pay me back. | 那好吧 记得还我哦 |
[06:06] | Count on it. | 没问题 |
[06:12] | Wait, wait, wait, as long as you’re doling it out, | 等等 等等 既然你都在发钱了 |
[06:14] | you got my 40 bucks? | 顺便把我的40块也还我吧 |
[06:15] | Oh, sure. You got change for a hundred? | 好的 给你100 你有钱找我吗 |
[06:17] | -Nope. -Okay, I’ll catch you later. | -没 -那回头再说吧 |
[06:19] | Wait… | 等等 |
[06:21] | How come Berta can pay you back and I can’t? | 为什么波塔能晚点找给你 而我就不行呢 |
[06:24] | Oh, grow up. | 长点脑子吧 |
[06:25] | She’s not gonna pay me back. | 她才不会还给我呢 |
[06:27] | Okay, then, what about me? | 那好吧 那我呢 |
[06:29] | What about you? | 你想怎么样 |
[06:30] | I want my $40. | 我要我那40块钱 |
[06:31] | I only borrowed $38. | 我就借了你38块 |
[06:33] | Yeah, well, I find round numbers easier to remember. | 的确 但是我觉得整数比较好记 |
[06:36] | Oh, you like round numbers, do you? | 你喜欢整数 对吧 |
[06:38] | Yes, I like round numbers. | 对 我喜欢整数 |
[06:40] | Okay, here’s a round number for you. | 那好 我给你个整的 |
[06:42] | Zero. | 零 |
[06:44] | Nice,tight circular shape. | 一个完美漂亮的圆形 |
[06:47] | Nothing gets in,nothing gets out. | 一分不多 一分不少 |
[06:48] | Sound familiar, Alan? | 听起来很耳熟吧 艾伦 |
[06:49] | Are you calling me anal? | 你刚叫我”肛门”?(拼写与ALAN相似) |
[06:52] | That’s right. A-L-A-N, anal. | 完全正确 A-L-A-N 肛门 |
[06:55] | Okay, okay, okay. | 够了 够了 |
[06:57] | So, so bottom line, | 所以结果是 |
[06:59] | you’re not gonna pay me back.Is that correct? | 你一分钱都不会还给我 对吧 |
[07:02] | Well, truth be told, | 恩 说实在的 |
[07:04] | I was gonna pay you back,but your attitude irks me. | 我本来想还你的 但是你的态度让觉得很烦 |
[07:07] | I irk you? | 我烦到你了? |
[07:08] | That’s right. I find you irksome. | 没错 我觉得你烦死了 |
[07:12] | You’re a big, fat irk. | 你是一个又胖又烦人的讨厌鬼 |
[07:15] | Hey, hey, you borrow $38, you owe me $38. | 喂喂 你借了我38块 你欠我38块 |
[07:19] | Yeah,well,you’ve been living in my Malibu beach house for six years. | 那又怎样 你在这个马里布海滩别墅住了6年 |
[07:23] | You owe me $1 million. | 你欠我一百万 |
[07:25] | A million dollars?! | 一百万 |
[07:27] | That’s a one followed by six tight little sphincters. | 那就是1后面加上六个0 |
[07:43] | Wow. You look tired. | 你看上去很累 |
[07:45] | Yesterday, I had a quarter tank of gas. | 昨天我的车还有1/4箱的汽油 |
[07:48] | Today, I drive a mile into Topanga Canyon | 今天我只开了一英里去Topanga峡谷(位于加州的桑塔莫尼卡山脉) |
[07:51] | and bang, empty. | 突然就没油了 |
[07:54] | There’s no cell coverage up there, | 那里没有手机信号 |
[07:55] | so I had to hump all the way back down to the beach | 所以我只能一路跑下山 |
[07:57] | to call Triple-A. | 然后打电话给美国汽车协会 |
[07:58] | Oh, that’s a shame. | 太可怜了 |
[07:59] | Shame, my ass. How the hell | 废话 那1/4箱汽油 |
[08:01] | did a quarter tank of gas disappear overnight? | 他妈的怎么一夜之间就不见了 |
[08:03] | It’s a mystery. | 神秘事件 |
[08:08] | Wait a minute… | 等等 |
[08:10] | I smell gasoline. | 我闻到汽油味了 |
[08:13] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[08:15] | I… I don’t smell anything. | 我什么都没闻到 |
[08:27] | You have gas on your breath. | 你嘴里有汽油味 |
[08:30] | You siphoned my tank. | 是你把我的汽油吸出来了 |
[08:31] | Oh, please. | 算了吧 |
[08:33] | You think I stuck a rubber hose down your gas tank, | 你以为我会把一根橡皮管子插到你的油箱 |
[08:36] | sucked on it until the gas ran out of your tank and into mine | 把你的汽油吸到我的油箱里 |
[08:39] | thereby compensating me for the $38 you owe me? | 只是为了让你补偿欠我的38块钱? |
[08:43] | That’s preposterous. | 什么破想法 |
[08:46] | Yeah… | 是啊 |
[08:48] | Yeah, you’re right. | 是啊 没错 |
[08:49] | What was I thinking? | 我在想什么呢 |
[08:59] | What are you doing? | 你在干嘛 |
[09:02] | Do me a favor. Say… | 帮我个忙 |
[09:05] | “preposterous” again. | 再说一次”破想法” |
[09:07] | You’re crazy! | 你疯了 |
[09:10] | Get that away from me! | 别拿它对着我 |
[09:13] | Oh, come on. | 来吧 |
[09:14] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[09:16] | Just for grins say, “Help me. My head’s on fire.” | 张开嘴巴说 “救命 我脑袋着火了” |
[09:19] | All right, all right, all right, | 好吧好吧好吧 |
[09:21] | I sucked the gas out of your car! | 是我把汽油吸出来的 |
[09:22] | Now turn it off! | 把它关了 |
[09:27] | Okay, fine. Well played. | 好吧 算你狠 |
[09:29] | You got your money back. | 我把钱还你了 |
[09:30] | Um… actually… | 实际上 |
[09:32] | at 473.9 cents a gallon, | 一加仑汽油是4块7毛3分9 |
[09:36] | you had only $13.22 worth in your tank, | 你所以你油箱里只有13块2毛2 |
[09:40] | so you still owe me $24.78. | 你还欠我24块7毛8 |
[09:49] | Get out. | 出去 |
[09:50] | What? | 什么 |
[09:51] | Get out of my house. | 从我家里出去 |
[09:53] | You know what? I just might. | 好 我可能会走 |
[09:55] | No, no, no, “might” implies you have a choice. | 不不不 “可能”代表你还有选择 |
[09:58] | Oh, so you’re going to throw me out over $24.78? | 你打算就因为24块7毛8就把我踢出家门吗 |
[10:01] | No, I’m throwing you out | 不 我把你踢出家门是因为 |
[10:03] | because you’re a cheap, gas-sucking, flammable irk! | 你是一个吝啬的 喜欢吸汽油的 可燃的混球 |
[10:05] | I am not cheap. | 我不吝啬 |
[10:08] | Leaving. | 我马上走 |
[10:21] | no one’s fault, Jake. | 这不是谁的错 杰克 |
[10:22] | These things just happen. | 有些事情就这样发生了 |
[10:23] | I don’t know. They seem to happen to you a lot. | 我不知道 但好像在你身上发生得特别多 |
[10:28] | Oh, hey, guys. | 伙计 |
[10:30] | What are you doing here? | 你们在这儿干嘛 |
[10:31] | Dad pissed off Uncle Charlie again. | 老爸又惹查理叔叔生气了 |
[10:34] | Sorry to show up unannounced like this. | 很抱歉 我们没通知就上门了 |
[10:38] | No problem. | 没关系 |
[10:39] | It’s always good to see you. | 见到你总是很高兴 |
[10:40] | He got kicked out again?! | 他又被踢出去了? |
[10:42] | Damn it, Alan. What’d you do now? | 该死 艾伦 你又干什么了 |
[10:44] | I didn’t do anything. | 我什么都没做 |
[10:46] | But I’m not going to be staying at Charlie’s anymore, | 我觉得我不想再住查理那儿了 |
[10:49] | so I thought I should bring Jake’s stuff back here | 所以我想把杰克的东西都搬来住这儿 |
[10:51] | until I find a place of my own. | 直到我找到新的住处 |
[10:52] | Fine, bad luck | 好吧 算我倒霉 |
[10:54] | But it’s nobody’s fault. | 但这不是任何人的错 |
[10:56] | I just think it’s time for me to move on. | 我只是认为该是我另觅新居的时候了 |
[10:58] | Okay. Good night. | 知道了 晚安 |
[11:00] | But FYI: Charlie’s a thief, a liar | 但是一些意见仅供参考 查理是个小偷 大话精 |
[11:02] | and I suspect something of a firebug. | 我还认为他有些纵火狂的倾向 |
[11:04] | Really? Hmm, he struck me as a straight shooter. | 真的吗? 我觉得他是个直言不讳的人 |
[11:07] | Little loosey-goosey with the liquor and the ladies, | 对于喝酒和女人有点随意 |
[11:09] | but all in all, a good fella. | 但总体上 还是个好男人 |
[11:12] | In what universe is Charlie Harper a good fella? | 查理·哈勃哪一点像个好男人啊? |
[11:16] | Well, I certainly don’t know him as well as you do, | 当然 我没有你对他了解的那么深 |
[11:19] | so I’ll just shut my piehole. | 那么我只好把嘴闭上 |
[11:22] | Uh, anyway, here’s the rest of Jake’s stuff. | 无论怎么样 这是杰克的其他物品 |
[11:26] | I’ll get you my new address | 我一找到新屋就 |
[11:28] | as soon as I have one. | 告诉你我的新地址 |
[11:29] | You do that. | 照你说的去办吧 |
[11:31] | So, where are you gonna stay till then? | 那么 找到新屋前你准备在哪里住呢? |
[11:32] | Piehole, Herb. | 赫伯 闭嘴 |
[11:34] | Oh, I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[11:36] | Things are a little tight right now, | 最近手头有些紧 |
[11:37] | so a hotel isn’t really an option. | 所以酒店不在选择的范围内 |
[11:40] | Maybe the Y for a couple of days, you know, | 可能先去基督教青年会住几天 |
[11:43] | but we’ll see. | 看情况吧 |
[11:45] | I could sleep in my office or… in the car. | 我也能在我的办公室或者…车里睡 |
[11:49] | Oh, well, you can’t do that. | 你不能这样对你自己 |
[11:51] | Piehole, piehole, piehole! | 闭嘴 闭嘴 闭嘴 |
[11:53] | Come on, Judith, you can’t expect | 朱蒂丝 你也不会想让 |
[11:54] | a man to sleep in his car. | 一个男人睡在他的车里 |
[11:56] | You’re good people. Just let me just get a few things. | 你们真是好人 让我去拿些东西 |
[11:59] | I’m sure it’ll be fine. | 我相信这没问题 |
[12:00] | He’s not the kind of guy who’ll overstay his welcome. | 他不是那种烂屁股不肯走的人 |
[12:03] | He’s been at his brother’s for six years. | 他已经在他的哥哥家待了六年了 |
[12:05] | Uh, Herb, would you mind | 赫伯 你能不能帮我 |
[12:07] | giving me a hand with the NordicTrack? | 搬一下跑步机? |
[12:10] | Oh, sure. | 没问题 |
[12:13] | Love you. | 我爱你 |
[12:21] | Hey, Charlie. | 查理 你好 |
[12:22] | Oh, hey, Herb, what’s up? | 赫伯 你好 有什么事吗? |
[12:24] | I came to pick up some stuff for Alan. | 我来帮艾伦拿些东西 |
[12:26] | For Alan? | 帮艾伦? |
[12:27] | Yeah, he’s staying with Judith and I | 是的 他找到新屋前 |
[12:28] | till he gets back on his feet. | 跟我和朱蒂丝住 |
[12:30] | Gee, Herb, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, | 天啊 赫伯 我讨厌当坏消息的传递人 |
[12:32] | but I’ve been waiting six years for that khaki-wearing weasel | 但是我等那黄鼠狼般的钉子户搬家 |
[12:35] | to get on his feet. | 已经等了六年了 |
[12:37] | Judith mentioned that… | 朱蒂丝提过… |
[12:38] | using a lot of the same words, interestingly enough. | 用了很多一样的言辞 很有趣 |
[12:40] | Anyway, he wanted to avoid having a scene with you, | 无论怎样 他避免跟你见面 |
[12:42] | so he asked if I’d pick up some of his stuff. | 所以他问我是否能帮他拿回一些他的物品 |
[12:45] | And you agreed? | 然后你答应了? |
[12:46] | I had to get out of there, Charlie. | 我必须离开那里 查理 |
[12:49] | Okay, okay, fine. | 好的 好的 没问题 |
[12:50] | What do you need? | 你要拿什么东西? |
[12:51] | Quite a few things, actually. | 实际上 还挺多东西的 |
[12:52] | He gave me a list. | 他给了我一张清单 |
[12:54] | Well, let him stay in there long enough, | 如果让他在你那里待久了 |
[12:56] | he’ll give you a bleeding ulcer. | 他会给你来个出血性溃疡 |
[12:58] | Yeah, Judith said that, too. | 朱蒂丝也这样说过 |
[13:00] | Anyway, uh, melatonin, a mouth guard. | 无论怎样 褪黑素 口罩 |
[13:04] | I guess he grinds his teeth at night. | 我想他晚上会磨牙吧 |
[13:06] | I myself have restless legs syndrome. | 我自己也有不宁腿综合征 |
[13:08] | But just the left leg. | 但只是左脚而已 |
[13:10] | Right leg sleeps like a baby. | 右脚睡得像个婴儿 |
[13:12] | What else, Herb? | 还有什么 赫伯? |
[13:13] | Well, I also got apnea and I tend to drool a lot. | 我还有间接性呼吸停顿 我还经常睡觉时流口水 |
[13:18] | The list, Herb. | 清单 赫伯 |
[13:19] | Oh, yeah, yeah. | 明白 明白 |
[13:21] | Let’s see, shower cap, loofa mitt | 让我们看看 浴帽 手套 |
[13:24] | and some kind of little stool | 还有一些能在上厕所时 |
[13:26] | that elevates his feet while he’s sitting on the toilet. | 垫脚的小凳子 |
[13:28] | What? | 什么? |
[13:29] | Yeah, apparently when | 是的 很明显 |
[13:31] | the morning coffee doesn’t do the job, | 当喝了不好的早餐咖啡的时候 |
[13:32] | having his feet up gives him that extra leverage | 把他的脚垫高会让他增加额外的负担 |
[13:34] | for a successful bowel movement. | 这样排便就会更加的通畅 |
[13:35] | You’re kidding? | 你在开玩笑吧? |
[13:38] | No. Look. | 没有 看 |
[13:39] | “For a successful BM.” | “为了顺畅BM” |
[13:42] | That would mean “bowel movement.” | 意思是”排便” |
[13:44] | Okay, fine. Guest bedroom’s right down there. | 好了 没问题 我想厕所在那边 |
[13:49] | Hey, I just made | 我刚做了一大罐玛格丽塔酒 |
[13:50] | a pitcher of margaritas. You want one? | 你要来点吗? |
[13:51] | Oh, gee, I’ll have to pass. | 天啊 我必须得快点搞定这些东西 |
[13:53] | Judith’s waiting for me to get back, | 朱蒂丝等着我回去 |
[13:55] | and she gets really steamed… | 她真的很生气… |
[13:56] | Salt or no salt? | 咸的还是不咸的? |
[13:57] | -Salt. -Okay. You got it | -咸的 -好的 明白 |
[14:06] | This is so weird. | 这种感觉很奇怪 |
[14:09] | It’s just for a couple days, Jake. | 几天而已 杰克 |
[14:11] | Don’t make a federal case. | 别小题大做 |
[14:13] | You know this is probably gonna affect my schoolwork. | 这可能会影响到我写作业的 |
[14:15] | How? It’s not like your grades could get any lower. | 怎么会呢 好像你的分数已经低得不能再低了 |
[14:18] | That’s good, Alan. Undermine his self-esteem. | 行了 艾伦 别伤人自尊 |
[14:21] | You see what I have to live with on weekends? | 看来我得这样过周末吗 |
[14:24] | Nobody’s talking to you. | 没人跟你说话 |
[14:27] | Where’s he gonna sleep? | 他要在睡在哪里呢 |
[14:30] | I’m not a “he.” I’m your father. | 我不是”他” 我是你的父亲 |
[14:32] | How’d you get to be my father if you’re not a “he”? | 你要不是”他”怎么能当我父亲呢 |
[14:37] | Go make up the couch. | 就睡这沙发吧 |
[14:39] | What about the guest room? | 在客房怎么样 |
[14:41] | That’s not a guest room anymore. | 已经没有客房了 |
[14:42] | It’s Herb’s train room. | 成了赫伯的火车房间 |
[14:43] | His what? | 他的什么 |
[14:45] | He’s a model train aficionado. | 他是个典型的火车发烧友 |
[14:47] | Aficionado? | 发烧友? |
[14:50] | He works hard. He deserves a hobby. | 他干得很辛苦 他应该有些业余爱好 |
[14:51] | Sometimes he lets me wear the hat. | 有些时候他让我戴一下帽子 |
[14:55] | I begged you for years to let me turn that into a game room. | 我求你让我把它变成一个游戏室很多年了 |
[14:59] | Bumper pool, ping-pong, something. | 蹦床室 乒乓球室 或这其他 |
[15:01] | Oh, this is different. How? | -现在不同的 -怎么不同法? |
[15:02] | Herb can play with his trains alone. | 赫伯可以独自玩他的火车 |
[15:04] | I’m sure he does plenty of stuff in there alone. | 我相信他一个人在那玩很多东西 |
[15:08] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[15:10] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[15:12] | I got it. | 我明白 |
[15:21] | This is so beautiful. | 这里真美 |
[15:24] | Yep. | 是的 |
[15:25] | Can I confess something, Charlie? | 我能向你坦白些事吗 查理 |
[15:28] | What’s that? | 是什么 |
[15:29] | I sometimes wonder about the road not taken. | 有时我会好奇没有走的那条路 |
[15:32] | Which road is that? | 哪条路 |
[15:34] | Your road, Charlie. | 你走的那条 查理 |
[15:36] | Oh. It’s a good road, Herb. | 这条路很棒 赫伯 |
[15:40] | So it’s not a matter of the grass always seems greener? | 这么说跟路边野花看上去总是特别香没关系? |
[15:43] | No, no. No, the grass is pretty frickin’ green over here. | 没关系 这条路边的野花的确是香 |
[15:47] | Damn! | 妈的 |
[15:53] | Oops. It’s me. | 是我的 |
[15:54] | I hope so. | 但愿如此 |
[15:56] | It’s the road taken. | 这是我选的路 |
[16:00] | You’re not gonna answer it? | 你不接吗 |
[16:01] | Nah. Judith will just harsh my mellow. | 不接 朱蒂丝只知道指责我太懒散 |
[16:04] | Yeah, she’s a mellow-harsher. | 是的 她是个爱挑刺儿的人 |
[16:07] | But I love her. | 但我爱她 |
[16:08] | That’s nice. | 这很好 |
[16:10] | You know, in the boudoir, we’re very simpatico. | 我们在床第间倒是相当合拍 |
[16:14] | Glad to hear it. | 很好 |
[16:16] | On top of everything else, | 除了这些 |
[16:18] | she actually let me put my train set in her back room. | 她甚至让我把火车放进她的私处 |
[16:45] | Damn cran-apple juice. | 妈的喝了太多酸梅汁 |
[16:51] | I should start wearing a diaper. | 我该开始穿尿布了 |
[17:44] | It’s about time you got home. | 你也该回家了 |
[17:48] | Is that an apology I’m feeling? | 你这是在向我道歉吗 |
[18:08] | Where’s my husband? | 我丈夫在哪儿 |
[18:10] | Sleeping on the deck. | 在露台上睡觉 |
[18:11] | What? Why? | 什么 怎么会这样 |
[18:13] | He’s drunk. | 他喝醉了 |
[18:14] | Herb’s not a drinker. | 赫伯是不喝酒的 |
[18:16] | No argument there. | 证据确凿 |
[18:18] | All right, here’s how it’s gonna go: | 那好 接下来应该这样 |
[18:19] | I am taking him home with me | 我把他带回家 |
[18:21] | and you’re taking back your brother. | 你把你哥接回去 |
[18:23] | How ’bout this? | 这样行不行? |
[18:26] | You and Alan patch things up and I keep Stretch out there. | 你和艾伦和好 而我把那麻杆留在这儿 |
[18:31] | I’m kinda fond of the big lug. | 我和这个大块头挺合得来 |
[18:33] | Charlie, I’m in no mood. | 查理 我可没那心情逗趣 |
[18:35] | Not what I heard. | 我听说的可不是这样 |
[18:36] | What? | 什么意思? |
[18:40] | I don’t have time for this. Alan, get in here! | 我没时间和你瞎耗 艾伦快过来 |
[18:43] | No! | 不要 |
[18:44] | Do not make me come get you! | 别让我亲自动手 |
[18:49] | Now… | 赶紧… |
[18:50] | apologize to your brother. | 向你兄弟道歉 |
[18:54] | Do it! | 快做 |
[18:58] | I’m sorry I made such a big deal out of everything. | 我很抱歉自己小题大作了 |
[19:01] | And? | 还有呢 |
[19:02] | And you can keep the $24.78. | 你可以不用还24.78美元 |
[19:07] | This was all about $24? | 这只是关于24块钱? |
[19:09] | Plus he tried to set me on fire! | 还有 他想用火烧我 |
[19:11] | After you sucked my gas! | 那是因为你吸走了我的汽油 |
[19:13] | Hey, baby, when did you arrive on the scene? | 宝贝 你是什么时候来的 |
[19:17] | Just get in the car. | 给我上车 |
[19:19] | Look, poop stool. | 看看 大便凳 |
[19:21] | Um… I’m gonna need that. | 我需要这个 |
[19:26] | You can pop a blood vessel if you push too hard. | 如果用力过猛会震破血管的 |
[19:29] | Words to live by. | 说得有道理 |
[19:32] | Herb, car! | 赫伯 上车 |
[19:34] | -Bye, Charlie. -Bye, Herb. | -再见 查理 -再见 赫伯 |
[19:35] | Bye, all. Bye, Herb. | 大家再见 赫伯再见 |
[19:37] | This was fun. Let’s do it again. | 这很有趣 希望有下次 |
[19:38] | Now! | 给我上车去 |
[19:43] | Kinda like old times, huh? | 这场景有点儿眼熟 不是吗 |
[19:47] | Judith kicking me out and you taking me in. | 朱蒂丝赶我出来 你又收留我 |
[19:52] | You are taking me in, aren’t you? | 你会收留我的 是吗 |
[19:55] | Give me one good reason why I should. | 给我个收留你的理由先 |
[20:01] | we’re… we’re family… | 因为我们是一家人 |
[20:02] | um… brothers. | 我们是兄弟 |
[20:04] | We share blood and, and, and history. | 我们有血缘关系且有共同回忆 |
[20:08] | We have a bond that unites us forever. | 我们血脉相连 |
[20:12] | Nah. What else you got? | 其他的呢 |
[20:16] | what about my French toast? | 我做的法式土司? |
[20:18] | You like that. | 你喜欢这个 |
[20:19] | You know, | 你知道的 |
[20:21] | thick and fluffy with cinnamon and powdered sugar. | 厚厚且蓬松的肉桂加上糖粉 |
[20:27] | All right, you can stay. | 那好吧 你可以留下来 |
[20:29] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[20:30] | No. | 不行 |
[20:36] | Very funny. | 这很有趣 |
[20:39] | Charlie? | 查理? |
[20:46] | You changed the locks? | 你换了锁了? |
[20:49] | I was only gone for six hours! | 我只离开了6个小时 |
[20:52] | Charlie?! | 查理? |
[21:00] | Oh, crap. | 真见鬼 |
[21:06] | Here you go. Black, two sugars. | 拿好 加了两包糖的咖啡 |
[21:10] | Double glazed. | 双份炼乳 |
[21:11] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[21:13] | No, thank you. | 不 谢谢你才对 |
[21:15] | I can’t believe Grandma fired me. | 我真不敢相信奶奶炒了我 |
[21:18] | Well, the labor market’s very competitive these days. | 现在劳动力市场竞争特激烈 |
[21:21] | There’s always somebody brighter and better | 总有人更出众 |
[21:22] | and willing to work for less. | 即使少点钱也愿意工作 |