时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Can I ask you a personal question? | 我能问个私人问题吗 |
[00:03] | No, Jake, I’ve never measured my penis. | 不 杰克 我没量过我的老二 |
[00:07] | No, it’s not about that. | 我想问的不是这个 |
[00:08] | I heard my dad say you’re worth like a billion dollars. | 我听我爸说你身价上亿 |
[00:11] | You know, I’m not really comfortable | 我不太喜欢和别人 |
[00:12] | talking about my financial situation. | 谈论我的财政状况 |
[00:15] | Oh, okay. | 好吧 |
[00:16] | Let’s just say I’d have more money than God, | 这么说吧 就算上帝有九亿 |
[00:18] | if God only had $900 million. | 老子也比他有钱 |
[00:22] | Wow. You don’t have any kids, do you? | 哇 你还没有孩子吧 |
[00:24] | – Nope. – Here, let me push the cart. | -没有 -来 我来推车 |
[00:28] | – Thanks. – So if you have so much money, | -谢谢 -你既然这么有钱 |
[00:30] | why do you do your own grocery shopping? | 干嘛还要自己来买东西 |
[00:32] | I mean, you could just write a list | 你可以直接列个清单 |
[00:33] | and hire someone to do it for you. | 雇个人帮你买嘛 |
[00:34] | You know, like a 17-year-old go-getter | 比如一个十七岁 |
[00:36] | with a valid driver’s license | 有有效驾照 |
[00:37] | and no chance at getting into college? | 但不可能考上大学的行家 |
[00:40] | Well, I could, but you know, since I’ve been single | 话是这么说 但你也知道我现在单身了 |
[00:43] | I find I really like shopping for myself. | 我发现自己挺喜欢来买东西的 |
[00:46] | You’re kidding. Why? | 开玩笑吧 为什么 |
[00:47] | Well, take this, for example. | 就拿这个来说吧 |
[00:49] | “Baco-berries.” How could I put this on a list? | “培根蔓越橘” 我怎么把它列到清单上 |
[00:52] | I didn’t even know it existed. | 我都不知道有这种东西 |
[00:55] | I don’t even know what it is. | 我都不知道它是什么 |
[00:56] | What is it, anyway? | 话说 这是啥啊 |
[00:58] | “Delicious dried cranberries infused with real bacon flavor.” | “美味干蔓越橘 加入纯正培根口味” |
[01:03] | Ugh, that’s disgusting. | 听着都恶心 |
[01:09] | So… do you have a bunch of houses and yachts and stuff? | 那你应该有几处洋房和几艘游艇之类的吧 |
[01:12] | Two houses, no yachts. | 两座房子 没有游艇 |
[01:15] | You should totally get a yacht, | 你绝对应该买艘游艇 |
[01:16] | and then hire someone to drive it for you. | 然后雇个人帮你开 |
[01:18] | You know, like a 17-year-old go-getter | 比如一个十七岁 |
[01:20] | with a valid yacht driver’s license. | 有有效游艇驾照的行家 |
[01:22] | Ah, yachts are pretentious. | 不行 游艇太招摇了 |
[01:24] | I don’t believe in ostentatious displays of wealth. | 我不喜欢太招摇炫富 |
[01:26] | Besides, if I need to get anywhere, | 况且 如果我要去哪里 |
[01:27] | I’ll just take my private jet. | 可以坐我的私人飞机 |
[01:30] | You have a jet? | 你还有飞机啊 |
[01:31] | Yeah, and I already got a go-getter pilot. | 对啊 而且我还请了个行家飞行员 |
[01:33] | With a college degree. | 有大学学位那种 |
[01:36] | Excuse me, do you know the difference | 借问一下 你知不知道 |
[01:38] | between “Organic beef” And “Grass-fed beef”? | “有机牛肉”和”草饲牛肉”的区别 |
[01:41] | Yeah, “Organic” Is, uh, no antibiotics or growth hormones, | “有机”是指不含抗生素和生长激素 |
[01:44] | but it can still be force-fed grain, which produces | 但有机牛可以强喂饲料 |
[01:46] | a less nutritious product than cows that are allowed | 它产的牛肉 没有放养在草原上吃草的牛 |
[01:48] | to naturally graze on grass. | 所产的牛肉有营养 |
[01:49] | Speaking of which, you’re very pretty, | 说到这个 你很漂亮 |
[01:51] | and your accent makes me feel tingly inside. | 而且你的口音听得人家心里痒痒的 |
[01:55] | Speaking of which…? | 说到什么 |
[01:56] | Cows, meat, cuts of steak, | 牛 肉 牛扒 |
[01:58] | London Broil, England, your accent, | 伦敦烤肉 你的是英国口音 |
[02:00] | ‘ello! | 侬好哇 |
[02:02] | – Hello. I’m Zoey. – Walden. | -侬好 我是佐伊 -沃顿 |
[02:04] | Nice to meet you, Walden. | 很高兴认识你 沃顿 |
[02:06] | Your accent’s rather charming, as well. | 你的口音也很迷人 |
[02:09] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[02:12] | Good luck with your meat. | 祝你选肉愉快 |
[02:15] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[02:18] | And they call me Forrest Gump. | 别人还说我是阿甘呢 |
[02:22] | What? | 你说什么 |
[02:23] | She was totally hitting on you. | 她完全是在搭讪你 |
[02:25] | Really? | 是吗 |
[02:26] | You should ask her out. | 你应该约她去玩 |
[02:27] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[02:29] | Hey, Zoey, you want to go on a date with me? | 佐伊 你想跟我去约会吗 |
[02:31] | Sure! | 当然 |
[02:33] | See, there’s something else | 瞧 还有这个 |
[02:35] | I wouldn’t know to put on the list. | 我也不知道能列到清单上吧 |
[02:49] | Okay… | 好 |
[02:51] | I can pay the Mastercard with the Visa, | 我可以用VISA卡还万事达卡的债 |
[02:56] | and the Visa with the Discover card, | 然后用发现卡还VISA卡的债 |
[03:01] | and the Discover with the American Express… | 再用运通卡还发现卡的债 |
[03:06] | Now what can I use to complete my little Ponzi scheme? | 现在要用什么才能完成我的”庞氏骗局”呢 |
[03:12] | Chevron? No. | 雪佛龙卡 不行 |
[03:14] | Blockbuster? They’re in worse shape than I am. | 百事达 他们欠债比我还多呢 |
[03:18] | Starbucks gift card. | 星巴克礼品券 |
[03:19] | Ooh, hello latte! | 有免费拿铁喝了 |
[03:22] | – Hey. – Hey. | -嗨 -嗨 |
[03:24] | Oh, I know that game– | 我知道这个游戏 |
[03:25] | “Seven Card Screwed.” | “七张卡连连转” |
[03:28] | If I could just get a little ahead, I’d be fine. | 我只要再进一步 就万事大吉了 |
[03:31] | And if I could just lose a little weight, | 我只要再减点肥 |
[03:32] | I’d be a swimsuit model. | 就能当泳衣模特了 |
[03:36] | Go ahead, say something, I dare you. | 尽管说 看你敢不敢说出口 |
[03:38] | Oh, no, no. It’s an apt comparison. | 不是 这个对比很形象 |
[03:41] | They both involve losing your ass. | 两个都要减负嘛 |
[03:46] | Well, I hate to do it, | 我不想这样 |
[03:48] | but I-I could ask Walden for a short-term loan. | 但我能跟沃顿借钱 |
[03:50] | For God’s sakes, Zippy, the man is already | 老天啊 废柴 这个男人 |
[03:53] | letting you and your kid live here rent-free. | 已经让你们父子在这里白吃白住了 |
[03:56] | Don’t you have any pride at all? | 你难道就没有一点尊严吗 |
[03:59] | Let me say that another way. | 我换种方式说吧 |
[04:03] | Why do you think he’s letting you stay here? | 你觉得他为什么让你留下来 |
[04:05] | Because he likes me. | 因为他喜欢我 |
[04:06] | Because he likes having at least one person in his life | 因为他希望生活中至少能有一个 |
[04:09] | that doesn’t want anything from him. | 他觉得是在关心他 |
[04:11] | Somebody he thinks cares about him as a person. | 而不是想从他身上捞好处的人 |
[04:14] | That’s a good point. | 这句话说得好 |
[04:15] | What you don’t want him to find out | 你不想让他发现的是 |
[04:17] | is that you’re just one of those nasty little birds | 你也是一个从河马牙缝里 |
[04:19] | that picks the food out of a hippo’s teeth. | 偷食的可恶小鸟 |
[04:25] | No, we don’t want that. | 确实不能让他知道 |
[04:28] | So, listen, uh… | 如此说来 |
[04:30] | I suppose, over the years, | 我猜这么多年来 |
[04:32] | you’ve salted away a pretty good nest egg. | 你应该存了不少钱吧 |
[04:34] | You’re not going to ask me for money. | 你别想跟我借钱 |
[04:36] | No, no! Just making conversation. | 不是 只是找话题聊 |
[04:40] | Thanks for bringing in my groceries, man. | 谢谢你帮我拿东西 伙计 |
[04:41] | I live to serve. | 我生来就是为人民服务的 |
[04:43] | Boy, I gotta tell you, Alan, | 跟你说 艾伦 |
[04:45] | your son made one heck of a wingman today. | 你儿子今天真是泡妞搭档中的高手 |
[04:47] | You make it easy, boss. | 你那么帅 完全不费劲 老大 |
[04:51] | Baby bird doesn’t fly far from the teeth. | 有其父必有其子 |
[04:55] | So you, uh, you met somebody? | 你交朋友了? |
[04:57] | Indeed I did | 没错 |
[04:58] | Beautiful woman. British. | 美女一枚 英国人 |
[05:00] | Actually drove her shopping cart on the wrong side of the aisle. | 连购物车都是靠左边推的 |
[05:04] | That’s a lot of credit cards. | 这么多信用卡 |
[05:06] | Uh, yeah. | 是啊 |
[05:07] | I’ve only got this one black one. | 我只有这张黑卡 |
[05:08] | I actually bought my plane with it. | 买飞机都是刷它的 |
[05:10] | Oh, oh, oh! Which reminds me. | 哦 这倒提醒了我 |
[05:12] | Hey Jake, you want a quarter of a million | 杰克 你想要25万的常客里程吗 |
[05:13] | frequent flyer miles? I can’t use ’em, I got a plane. | 我用不上 我有飞机 |
[05:16] | I want a quarter of a million anything. | 25万的任何东西我都要 |
[05:19] | All yours, my man. | 都给你了 伙计 |
[05:22] | Hmm, where could I go that’s a quarter of a million miles away? | 25万里程能去那儿玩呢 |
[05:24] | How about the moon? | 去月球怎么样 |
[05:26] | That’s ridiculous, Dad. | 别说笑了 老爸 |
[05:27] | I know, I was kidding. | 我是说笑的 |
[05:29] | No one’s ever been to the moon. | 从来就没有人去过月球 |
[05:37] | Here you go. | 来了 |
[05:38] | State of the art. | 高科技哦 |
[05:40] | And semi-portable. | 半可携式 |
[05:43] | Gateway computer. | 捷威电脑 |
[05:44] | I haven’t seen one of these in a while. | N年没见过这东西了 |
[05:46] | Still works great. And it is loaded with software. | 还能用呢 软件都装好了 |
[05:49] | Quicken 95, Lotus 1-2-3… | Quicken95理财 Lotus 1-2-3电子表格 |
[05:52] | um… WordPerfect, Tetris. | 完美打字 俄罗斯方块 |
[05:56] | I don’t know, pal. | 我说不准 兄弟 |
[05:57] | I don’t think I can move this. | 我觉得我可动不了它 |
[05:58] | Oh, come on, help me out, I’m desperate. | 拜托 拉兄弟一把 我都穷途末路了 |
[06:00] | As opposed to most of the people who come in here. | 跟大多数来这里的人形成鲜明对比啊 |
[06:04] | In my storeroom, I’ve got a couple of wheelchairs, | 我的库房里有两张轮椅 |
[06:06] | a fishbowl full of glass eyes, | 一个装满玻璃假眼的鱼缸 |
[06:09] | and a “Boy in the bubble” Bag. | 一个”泡沫男孩”的书包 |
[06:12] | To be clear, they took the boy out of the bubble | 说明一下 他们把那孩子带出泡沫以后 |
[06:14] | and sold me the bag. | 把书包卖给了我 |
[06:18] | Uh, what would you give me for a pair of diamond cufflinks? | 那这对钻石袖扣能卖多少钱 |
[06:25] | Where’d you get these? | 你从哪儿得的 |
[06:26] | My mother gave them to me when I graduated college. | 我大学毕业时 我妈送给我的 |
[06:29] | – Is she your real mother? – Yeah. Why? | -是你亲妈么 -是啊 为啥这么问 |
[06:31] | ‘Cause these aren’t real diamonds. | 因为这不是真的钻石 |
[06:35] | What?! | 什么 |
[06:36] | I’m sure she was a good mother in other ways. | 我相信她在其他方面是个好妈妈 |
[06:38] | No, this is the nicest thing she ever did for me. | 不 这是她给过我的最好的东西了 |
[06:41] | I’m very sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[06:44] | All right. All right. I didn’t want to have to sell this, | 好吧 我本来不想卖这个 |
[06:46] | but, uh, I suppose I’m out of options. | 可是 我也别无选择了 |
[06:53] | Oh, nice. | 好货色啊 |
[06:54] | Steuben crystal, huh? | 斯图本水晶吧 |
[06:56] | It is. | 没错 |
[06:57] | Your mother didn’t give you this. | 肯定不是你妈给的 |
[07:00] | No. It was a wedding gift from my wife’s parents. | 没错 我岳父岳母送的结婚礼物 |
[07:03] | I managed to sneak it out of the house after the divorce. | 离婚以后从家里偷出来的 |
[07:05] | Uh-huh. Well, gimme a sec. | 是嘛 稍等一下 |
[07:10] | I’ll give you $1,200. | 我给你一千二 |
[07:12] | Yes! | 太好了 |
[07:14] | No! | 不要啊 |
[07:21] | I’ll give you $2.00 to clean it up. | 我给你两块钱收拾干净 |
[07:26] | Where’s your broom? | 扫把在哪 |
[07:32] | Jake, I’m ready to go! | 杰克 我准备出门啦 |
[07:33] | Coming! | 这就来 |
[07:36] | Here you go, sir. The car is charged, washed, | 给 车已经充好电 洗干净 |
[07:38] | and I put an air freshener under your seat | 我还在你座椅下放了空气清新剂 |
[07:39] | just in case you let one slip out. | 以防你不小心放了个屁 |
[07:43] | Good job. | 做得好 |
[07:44] | Hundred bucks! Thanks, boss. | 一百块啊 谢谢老大 |
[07:50] | You gave him $100? | 你给了他一百块 |
[07:52] | Oh, hey, Alan. Yeah, he washed my car. | 是啊 艾伦 他帮我洗了车 |
[07:54] | A hundred bucks to wash a car? | 洗一辆车一百块钱 |
[07:57] | Not enough? | 不够吗 |
[07:58] | For $100, I’d lick your car clean. | 给我一百块 把你的车舔干净都行 |
[08:02] | Maybe next time. | 那下次叫你 |
[08:04] | Hey, I’m going on a date with that girl | 对了 我准备和那个女孩子约会 |
[08:06] | I met in at supermarket. Do I look okay? | 在超市认识那个 我看上去还行不 |
[08:08] | No, I look okay. | 不 我看上去还行 |
[08:09] | You look like the guy women fantasize about | 你看上去就像躺在我身下的女人 |
[08:11] | when I’m on top of them. | 幻想的嘿咻对象 |
[08:16] | Listen, I-I know you’re still pretty new to the dating world, | 我知道你在情场还是个新手 |
[08:18] | but can I give you a little advice? | 我能给你一些小建议吗 |
[08:20] | Is this about condoms? | 如果是安全套的话 |
[08:21] | ‘Cause Jake already gave me his lucky one. | 杰克已经把他的幸运套套给我了 |
[08:25] | No. Uh… | 不是这个 |
[08:27] | If you hope to have any kind of shot with this woman, | 如果你想把到这个女人 |
[08:29] | you, uh, might want to lose the wedding ring. | 你估计得把结婚戒指摘了 |
[08:33] | Really? | 有必要吗 |
[08:33] | Oh yeah. | 很有必要 |
[08:35] | When it comes to dating, | 说到约会这种事 |
[08:36] | wedding rings are like kryptonite. | 结婚戒指就像氪星石 |
[08:38] | If, you know, Superman was a… vagina. | 如果超人是个女人的话 |
[08:45] | You know, I haven’t taken this off in years. | 我已经很多年没摘过这戒指了 |
[08:47] | When Bridget and I first got together, we were pretty broke, | 布里奇特和我刚结婚时 我们还很穷 |
[08:50] | so we just exchanged these cheap bands, | 我们只能换一些便宜货 |
[08:52] | but then, after I made my first million, I got matching ones | 不过后来我发达了 我买了一对 |
[08:55] | made out of rhodium and platinum. | 铂铑合金的婚戒 |
[08:58] | In retrospect, I should’ve had them made out of poop and tears. | 回想起来 我应该搞一对用眼泪和大便做的 |
[09:03] | Wait, uh… what’s rhodium? | 等等 什么是铑 |
[09:05] | It’s the most expensive metal in the world. | 铑是世上最昂贵的金属 |
[09:07] | To symbolize how precious our love was. | 象征我们的爱有多珍贵 |
[09:09] | Well, that’s… very romantic. | 非常浪漫 |
[09:10] | But again, it’s Lex Luthor for lady parts. | 不过 它还是泡妞克星 |
[09:14] | Boy… | 天呐 |
[09:17] | This is gonna be tough. | 这还真不容易 |
[09:19] | Wearing it makes me feel… | 戴着它能让我觉得 |
[09:23] | secure. | 安心 |
[09:25] | Be that as it may, you have a choice to make. | 尽管如此 你要做出选择 |
[09:28] | Either the past, or the future. | 你想沉迷过去 还是展望未来 |
[09:30] | The memory of Bridget, or the promise of… | 守着布里奇特的回忆 还是抓住 |
[09:34] | supermarket strange. | 超市的陌生人 |
[09:40] | – Here. – Why are you giving it to me? | -给 -为什么给我 |
[09:42] | Because you’re right. | 你说得对 |
[09:44] | I’ve got to move on with my life. | 我得继续我的生活 |
[09:45] | And this ring is just an anchor chaining me to the past. | 这枚戒指是让我沉迷过去的锚链 |
[09:48] | Thanks, Al. | 谢谢你 艾伦 |
[09:49] | Well, you are very welcome. Enjoy your date! | 不客气 约会顺利 |
[09:52] | – Will do. – See you. | -一定 -再见 |
[09:55] | My precious! | 我的宝贝[魔戒里咕噜的台词] |
[10:05] | So the young man you were with at the supermarket | 那么和你一起逛超市的那个男孩 |
[10:07] | is no relation to you? | 不是你家亲戚吗 |
[10:08] | Oh, no, Jake… Mm. | 不 杰克是… |
[10:10] | is Alan’s son. | 是艾伦的儿子 |
[10:12] | And Alan is…? | 那艾伦是… |
[10:15] | Uh, it’s complicated. | 这个说来话长 有点复杂 |
[10:18] | I’m fairly bright, try me. | 我是很聪明的 说给我听听 |
[10:21] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[10:22] | Um, when I tried to kill myself in the ocean, | 当我想跳海自尽的时候 |
[10:25] | Alan’s house was the closest one with a phone. | 艾伦家是离海边最近并且有电话的房子 |
[10:30] | I see. | 我明白了 |
[10:32] | – You don’t, do you? – Not at all. | -你不明白吧 -完全不明白 |
[10:33] | – Okay, let me back up. – Please do. | -好的 让我倒回去重说 -拜托了 |
[10:37] | Okay, when I was in high school, I met this girl named Bridget. | 当我上高中时 我遇见了布里奇特 |
[10:40] | Is it really necessary to back up quite that far? | 有必要从那么久远的事情说起吗 |
[10:43] | You’re right, I’ll skip ahead. | 也对啊 那我把这段跳过去 |
[10:45] | Let’s see… I got married right after high school, | 也就是…我高中毕业就结婚了 |
[10:48] | happy, happy, happy. | 除了幸福 幸福 还是幸福 |
[10:50] | Made like a billion dollars, rich, rich, rich. | 赚了十亿美元 超级富有 |
[10:52] | She decided she didn’t want to be married anymore, | 她却不想跟我过了 |
[10:53] | sad, sad, sad. | 除了难过 难过 还是难过 |
[10:55] | In the ocean, out of the ocean, | 跳海 被救 |
[10:56] | bought Alan’s house, | 买下艾伦的房子 |
[10:57] | got rid of the furniture, kept Alan, | 扔掉家具 留下艾伦 |
[10:59] | got hungry, went to the supermarket, | 觉得饿了 去超市觅食 |
[11:00] | met you. The end. | 遇见了你 到此为止 |
[11:05] | Wow. | 哇 |
[11:07] | Enough about me. Let’s talk about you. | 别光听我说啊 说说你的事 |
[11:08] | No, no, I have a few follow-up questions. | 别急 我还想问些具体的相关问题 |
[11:10] | The furniture? | 家具吗 |
[11:12] | The suicide. | 自杀 |
[11:14] | Oh, it was just a cry for attention. | 那只是为了吸引注意 |
[11:16] | I wanted Bridget to feel sorry for me. | 我想让布丽奇特感到愧疚 |
[11:18] | Well, that’s rather pathetic. | 那真有点可悲 |
[11:20] | In hindsight, yeah. | 现在想起来 是的 |
[11:24] | And the billion dollars? | 那十亿美元呢 |
[11:25] | I sold a couple companies to Microsoft. | 我把几家公司卖给了微软 |
[11:28] | Big mistake. | 大失误 |
[11:29] | Oh, you regret it? | 你后悔了 |
[11:30] | No, they do. | 不 他们肠子都悔青了 |
[11:34] | How long’s it been since your wife left? | 你和前妻分开多久了 |
[11:36] | Four months, three weeks, four days, six hours and change. | 四个月零三周零四天零六小时零几分 |
[11:42] | Let’s just call it six hours. | 就算六个小时吧 |
[11:45] | You’re still in love with her, aren’t you? | 你还爱着她 对吗 |
[11:49] | You really are bright. | 你真的很聪明 |
[11:52] | I thought it was just your accent. | 我还以为你只是口音出众呢 |
[11:55] | It kind of raises the question, | 这就带来了一个问题 |
[11:55] | “Why on Earth did you ask me out?” | “你究竟为什么和我约会” |
[11:57] | Jake told me to. | 杰克让我约你 |
[11:59] | Alan’s son. | 艾伦的儿子 |
[12:01] | Yeah, and also wanted to because I’m moving on with my life. | 而且我也想约你 因为我要开始新生活 |
[12:04] | See? Look, no wedding ring. | 懂吗 看 没有婚戒 |
[12:06] | Mmm, I noticed the bright white tan line. | 戴婚戒的那一圈明显没被晒黑 |
[12:08] | Yeah, it’s almost like I still got it on. | 是啊 就像还戴着戒指似的 |
[12:11] | It is. | 确实如此 |
[12:13] | No worries. I gave it to Alan. | 别担心 我已经把它给艾伦了 |
[12:15] | The man you kept instead of furniture. | 那个你宁可丢了家具还留下的人 |
[12:17] | Well, it wasn’t an either/or. | 家具和艾伦没有可比性 |
[12:21] | What about you? What’s your deal? | 你怎么样 跟我说说你的事吧 |
[12:24] | My deal. | 我的事 |
[12:25] | All right, I’m a lawyer. | 好吧 我是名律师 |
[12:27] | Ugh! Ech! | 我勒个去 |
[12:31] | What else? | 还有呢 |
[12:32] | Well, I’m divorced and I have | 我离过婚 |
[12:34] | a five-year-old daughter, Ava. | 有个五岁大的女儿 名叫艾娃 |
[12:36] | I always wanted to have kids, | 我一直想有自己的孩子 |
[12:38] | but Bridget insisted that we already had one. | 但布里奇特坚持认为我们家已经养了一个 |
[12:41] | I don’t follow. | 我不太明白 |
[12:42] | Me. | 我啊 |
[12:43] | Oh, sure, I can see that. | 当然 这个我看出来了 |
[12:49] | What do you think? | 你觉得怎么样 |
[12:50] | Are we gonna fall in love and stuff? | 咱俩有可能恋爱之类的吗 |
[12:54] | What? | 什么 |
[12:55] | ‘Cause that would really teach Bridget a lesson. | 因为这会给布里奇特一个教训 |
[13:02] | Hi, again. | 你好 又是我 |
[13:03] | Oy gevalt. | 倒霉催的 |
[13:06] | I, uh, brought something else for you. | 我又给你带来了点东西 |
[13:08] | My sphincter’s tight with anticipation. | 我菊花一紧 准没好事 |
[13:12] | Platinum and rhodium. | 铂铑合金戒指 |
[13:21] | Very valuable. | 很值钱嘛 |
[13:24] | Did you steal it? | 你偷来的吗 |
[13:26] | What? | 什么 |
[13:28] | I’m only asking because it affects my marketing strategy. | 就是问问 因为会影响我的营销策略 |
[13:32] | No, it was a gift. | 不 这是个礼物 |
[13:34] | A gift. | 礼物 |
[13:36] | Heh. Good enough for me. | 行 我也不想深究 |
[13:39] | What are you looking to get for it? | 你想拿它换什么 |
[13:41] | Let’s not play this game. | 别来这套 |
[13:42] | Just… just tell me what it’s worth to you. | 你就直接和我说个价吧 |
[13:52] | What is this, your phone number? | 这是什么 你的电话号码吗 |
[13:54] | That’s my offer. | 这是我开的价 |
[14:00] | Hang on a sec. | 等我一会 |
[14:07] | You know that’s helium? | 你吸的是氦气 |
[14:08] | Hmm? | 呃 |
[14:10] | A down-on-his-luck birthday clown. | 一潦倒的生日会小丑卖给我的 |
[14:14] | Son of a bitch! | 去你爷爷的 |
[14:18] | This was a lovely evening, Walden. | 沃尔顿 今晚过得很愉快 |
[14:19] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[14:21] | You’re welcome. | 不用谢 |
[14:22] | Hmm. Well, better get in, | 好吧 我得赶紧进门 |
[14:24] | let Ava’s babysitter go home. | 好让艾娃的保姆回家 |
[14:26] | Oh, is she still up? Can I meet her? | 她还没睡吗 我能见见她吗 |
[14:28] | I’m sure she’s still up, but no. | 她肯定没睡 但别了 |
[14:31] | Oh, I get it. | 我懂的 |
[14:32] | You wannna make sure a guy’s gonna be | 你要先确认一个男人不是玩玩而已 |
[14:34] | around a while before you introduce him– me. | 才能把他 也就是我 介绍给你女儿 |
[14:38] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[14:39] | So, maybe after the third or fourth date? | 那在第三次或者第四次约会后可以吗 |
[14:42] | I don’t think so. | 我不这么认为 |
[14:43] | Well, the fifth or sixth? | 那第五或第六次 |
[14:44] | No. | 不行 |
[14:46] | Seventh or eighth? | 七或八 |
[14:50] | I’m starting to get a bad feeling. | 我有种不祥的预感 |
[14:54] | Oh, I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[14:55] | You seem like a really sweet guy, | 你看起来真是个好人 |
[14:57] | but I think you’re still kind of married to your Bridget. | 但某种程度上你还把布里奇特当妻子 |
[15:00] | No, no, I’m not. | 不不 没有 |
[15:02] | I haven’t been wearing my ring for, like, | 我没戴婚戒已经有 |
[15:04] | like, almost three hours now. | 有差不多三个小时了 |
[15:06] | It may be off your finger, but it’s still in your head. | 手指上的婚戒是没了 可你心里的婚戒还在 |
[15:10] | Face it, you’re not ready to be dating yet. | 面对现实吧 你还没做好约会的准备 |
[15:15] | Thanks again for dinner. | 再次感谢你的晚餐 |
[15:20] | Still married. | 还结着婚 |
[15:22] | That is so untrue. | 瞎说 |
[15:28] | Bridget, you’re not gonna believe what just happened. | 布里奇特 说了你也不信 |
[15:38] | Walden? | 沃顿 |
[15:51] | Walden?! | 沃顿 |
[15:52] | Down here! | 这里 |
[16:02] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[16:04] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[16:04] | How’s your date? | 你的约会如何 |
[16:06] | Not so good. | 不咋地 |
[16:07] | Oh. So much for Jake’s lucky condom, huh? | 杰克的幸运套也不过如此哈 |
[16:12] | Yeah, we never got to condoms. | 压根没到套套那一步 |
[16:15] | She thinks I’m still too hung up on Bridget. | 她觉得我心里还牵挂着布里奇特 |
[16:18] | No kidding. | 真的假的 |
[16:19] | And the worst part is Bridget agrees with her. | 更糟的是布里奇特跟她看法一致 |
[16:24] | Well, I might as well put my ring back on. | 看来我还是把戒指戴上吧 |
[16:31] | You, uh, you, uh, want-want your ring back? | 你 你想要回你的戒指? |
[16:34] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[16:38] | Here. | 给 |
[16:40] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[16:43] | I had a feeling sooner or later you’d want it. | 我有种预感你迟早会要回去 |
[16:49] | No. You know what? I was right the first time. | 不 我一开始就是对的 |
[16:52] | I don’t need this anymore. | 我再也不需要了 |
[16:54] | Are you sure? | 你肯定吗 |
[16:56] | I’m positive. | 我肯定 |
[17:02] | I feel better already. | 我感觉好多了 |
[17:05] | Oh, good. | 很好 |
[17:08] | All right, I’m gonna go inside. | 行 我进去了 |
[17:10] | Okay, I’m just, I’m just gonna hang here for a while. | 好啊 我还想在这儿待会儿 |
[17:13] | Okay. Good night. | 好 晚安 |
[17:14] | Yeah. Night. | 晚安 |
[17:19] | My precious! My precious! My precious! | 我的宝贝 我的宝贝 我的宝贝 |
[17:26] | My precious! My precious! | 我的宝贝 我的宝贝 |
[17:31] | My precious! | 我的宝贝 |
[17:44] | You saw that? | 你全看见了? |
[17:45] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[17:46] | Probably wondering what it was all about. | 也许你在想是咋回事 |
[17:50] | Kinda. | 有点啊 |
[17:52] | Well… I often enjoy | 我最近喜欢 |
[17:54] | a, uh, brisk moonlight swim. | 在月光下游泳 |
[17:58] | Fully clothed? | 穿着衣服游? |
[18:00] | You leave your clothes on the beach, | 要是把衣服留在岸上 |
[18:03] | a drifter… steals ’em. | 会有流浪汉偷走的 |
[18:06] | Alan… | 艾伦 |
[18:09] | trying to get your ring back. | 我是想把你戒指找回来 |
[18:10] | But I don’t want it back. | 可我不想要啊 |
[18:11] | No, not-not for you. | 不 不是为了你 |
[18:13] | Um, for me. | 是为了我 |
[18:16] | I was gonna pawn it. | 我要当掉它 |
[18:18] | Why? | 为啥 |
[18:19] | What do you mean, why? I need money. | 什么叫为啥 我需要钱啊 |
[18:22] | I can’t possibly produce enough sperm and blood | 我造成的亏空 |
[18:24] | to get out of the hole I’m in. | 光靠卖血卖精是填不了的 |
[18:28] | In fact, I went to the pawn shop | 事实上 你去赴约时 |
[18:29] | while you were on your date. | 我就去了当铺 |
[18:31] | But you didn’t pawn it. | 可你没当掉啊 |
[18:32] | I couldn’t. | 我不能 |
[18:36] | Wow, you must have been freaking out | 我把戒指扔到海里的时候 |
[18:38] | when I threw it in the ocean, huh? | 你肯定惊呆了啊 |
[18:41] | The truth of that stands dripping before you. | 湿漉漉的真相正站在你面前 |
[18:44] | Listen, if you needed money, | 听着 如果你需要钱 |
[18:45] | why didn’t you just ask? | 干吗不问我要呢 |
[18:47] | You’d lend me money if I just asked? | 我问你要的话你会借给我钱? |
[18:49] | No. I don’t believe in lending money. | 不 我不相信借钱这回事 |
[18:51] | I just give it away. | 我只会给钱 |
[18:53] | Give it away? | 给钱? |
[18:55] | Yeah, I think it’s a bad idea to lend people money. | 是啊 我觉得借给别人钱是个坏主意 |
[18:57] | They never pay you back, | 他们压根不会还钱 |
[18:58] | and then you just end up resenting them. | 这样你只能怨恨他们 |
[19:00] | So how much do you need? | 你要多少? |
[19:02] | Uh… | 呃 |
[19:05] | No, no, I can’t, I can’t take your money. | 不 我不能 我不能要你的钱 |
[19:07] | What, you’re too proud? | 怎么 伤你自尊心了? |
[19:09] | Oh, God, no, I-I-I haven’t had any pride | 哦不 自打7年级上完体育课冲澡之后 |
[19:11] | since the gym showers in seventh grade. | 我就没有自尊心了 |
[19:15] | No, no, if I took your money, | 不 要是我要了你的钱 |
[19:17] | that would change our relationship, | 会让咱俩的关系变质的 |
[19:18] | and I don’t want that. | 我不希望那样 |
[19:19] | I want you to think of me as a friend and not a freeloader. | 我希望你把我当朋友而不是个吃白食的 |
[19:23] | You don’t think that ship’s already sailed? | 你不觉得这事早就板上钉钉了? |
[19:27] | Allow me at least the illusion of self-respect. | 请允许我保留最后一点自尊的幻觉 |
[19:30] | Would it help your self-respect if I started charging you rent? | 要是我收你房租的话会不会对你的自尊有所帮助呢 |
[19:34] | Actually, it would. | 事实上会的 |
[19:36] | Consider it done. | 那一言为定 |
[19:38] | Great. | 太好了 |
[19:40] | Oh, I’m gonna be late this month. | 哦 我这个月会晚点交租 |
[19:43] | No problem. | 没问题 |
[19:44] | Probably next month, too. | 可能下个月也是 |
[19:46] | Thanks for the heads up. | 谢谢提醒 |
[19:48] | Okay. I guess I better go dry off. | 好的 我才最好去晾干一下 |
[19:51] | Hey, Alan. Yeah? | -嘿 艾伦 -怎么 |
[19:56] | You’re a quality guy. | 你是个正直的人 |
[19:58] | Really? | 说真的? |
[19:59] | A lot people sad that,my friend, | 很多人都把这话当口头禅说 |
[20:01] | but you really are one. | 不过你的确是 |
[20:04] | Well, thanks. | 谢谢 |
[20:09] | Just-just out of curiosity, if I had asked for, say, | 只是出于好奇 要是我问你要 比如 |
[20:14] | a hundred thousand dollars, | 10万美元的话 |
[20:16] | would you have given it to me? | 你会给吗 |
[20:20] | Absolutely. | 当然 |
[20:28] | Where you going? | 你去哪儿 |
[20:30] | Back in the ocean. | 回海里去 |
[20:43] | Hello? | 你好 |
[20:45] | Oh, hey, Jake. | 嘿 杰克 |
[20:48] | No, your dad’s kind of busy right now. | 你爸现在正忙着呢 |
[20:52] | What’s up? | 怎么了 |
[20:54] | Oh, you used the frequent flier miles? | 你花掉了那飞行里程 |
[20:56] | That’s great. Where are you? | 太好了 你现在在哪儿 |
[20:58] | I have no idea. | 我也不知道 |