时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | – Hey, buddy. – Hey, Dad. | -小伙 你好吗 -你好啊 老爸 |
[00:09] | Long time no talk. | 好久没打来聊啦 |
[00:10] | I was starting to think maybe you weren’t | 我都开始以为你是不是 |
[00:11] | a part of this family anymore. | 跟这家脱离关系了 |
[00:12] | What? I’m not that easy to get rid of. | 什么 我哪这么容易甩掉啊 |
[00:15] | Just been really busy lately, you know, | 最近就挺忙的嘛 你懂吧 |
[00:17] | spending a lot of time with my girlfriend. | 就是陪我女朋友去啦 |
[00:19] | Oh, please, tell me it’s not the 35-year-old single mother | 求你告诉我 不是那个35岁又有2个小孩的 |
[00:22] | with the two kids. | 单亲妈妈吧 |
[00:23] | No, Tammy’s 36, | 当然不是 泰咪36岁了 |
[00:25] | and she has three kids. | 而且人家是3个孩子 |
[00:27] | Jake, she’s almost twice your age. | 杰克 她岁数都快是你两倍大了 |
[00:29] | No, she’s not; I’m 19. | 才没有呢 我19岁 |
[00:32] | Geez, do the math. | 才没两倍呢 好好算算 |
[00:34] | How well do you even know this woman? | 你对这女人了解多深入了 |
[00:36] | Enough to know that I love her. | 深到我知道我爱她 |
[00:37] | Jake, slow down. | 杰克 别太着急 |
[00:38] | I’m just not sure that you know what you’re getting into. | 我是怕你一头热 不知道自己在干嘛 |
[00:40] | You always do this. | 你总是这样 |
[00:42] | You think every decision I make is wrong. | 总觉得我做的所有决定都是错的 |
[00:44] | You’re wrong about that. | 你错了 |
[00:46] | You’ve already made up your mind about Tammy, | 你甚至还不认识她 |
[00:48] | and you don’t even know her. | 就已经对她妄下定论了 |
[00:49] | Let me ask you this question. | 让我问你个问题 |
[00:50] | If you’ve never tasted | 如果你这辈子 |
[00:52] | a strawberry ice cream cone in your life, | 都还没尝过草莓冰激凌蛋筒 |
[00:54] | – how do you know what it tastes like? – What? | -那你又怎么知道滋味如何呢 -什么 |
[00:57] | My point is, you’ve never licked Tammy. | 我是想说 你从没舔过泰咪啊 |
[01:05] | I don’t know how to respond to that. | 我不知道怎么回答了 |
[01:07] | Yeah, you don’t. | 对啊 |
[01:08] | She’s delicious. | 她美味到爆 |
[01:10] | Fine, why don’t you bring her up here so I can meet her. | 行啊 那你带她来 让我见见她啊 |
[01:12] | -Okay, I will. – Good. | -好 我会的 -很好 |
[01:14] | I’ve got leave next weekend. | 我下周末有假 |
[01:15] | You know where I live. | 你知道我住哪里 |
[01:16] | Yeah, someone else’s house. | 知道 住人家家里嘛 |
[01:21] | He’s a dull blade, but he cuts deep. | 他这把刀虽鲁”钝” 但也能插的很深啊 |
[01:58] | Well, I’ve got Jake’s room all ready for this weekend. | 这周末杰克要来 他房间我打理好了 |
[02:01] | You know, just out of curiosity, | 我很好奇 |
[02:02] | when are we going to stop calling it “Jake’s room”? | 咱们何时才能不说那是”杰克的房间” |
[02:05] | ‘Cause I’d really like it to be referred to as | 因为我真的很希望能称呼它是 |
[02:06] | “Walden’s gym” | “沃顿的健身房” |
[02:08] | or “Walden’s home theater,” | 或”沃顿的家庭电影室” |
[02:11] | or “Walden’s room to do whatever the hell he wants with it.” | 或”沃顿想怎么用就怎么用的房间” |
[02:15] | Look, I don’t mean to split hairs, | 我是想挑你语病 |
[02:17] | but a room can’t really be both a gym and a home theater. | 但是那房间没办法又当健身房 又当电影室啊 |
[02:20] | That’s why I also need “Alan’s room.” | 所以我才需要征收”艾伦的房间”啊 |
[02:24] | Touche. | 一针见血啊 |
[02:25] | Truthe. | 一语中的 |
[02:27] | Will you stop futzing with my desk?! | 别再乱弄我的桌子了 |
[02:29] | I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m just… | 抱歉抱歉 我只是… |
[02:30] | I’m nervous about meeting Jake’s girlfriend. | 要见杰克的女朋友 很紧张嘛 |
[02:32] | I mean, he’s obsessed with this woman. | 他疯狂地迷恋这个女的 |
[02:34] | It’s like he’s been brainwashed by some cult. | 像是被邪教[音似阴道]洗脑的那种迷恋一样 |
[02:36] | What guy hasn’t? | 哪个男人不迷恋啊 |
[02:41] | I’m sorry, you said “cult.” | 抱歉 你说的是”邪教”啊 |
[02:47] | You’re enjoying this, aren’t you? | 看我受折磨 你很爽是吧 |
[02:49] | Yep, I got to get something out of you living here. | 你住在我这 又不交租金 |
[02:50] | You don’t pay rent. | 我总要有点收获吧 |
[02:54] | Listen, I think you’re getting all worked up over nothing. | 听我说 我觉得你担心过度了 没事的 |
[02:56] | Nothing? She’s 36 years old. | 没事 她都36岁了好吗 |
[02:58] | So? I’m 34. | 那又如何 我也34岁啊 |
[02:59] | Yeah, and I don’t want you dating my son, either. | 是啊 所以我也不希望你跟我儿子约会啊 |
[03:03] | Ouch. | 好伤心哦 |
[03:05] | That’s probably them. | 估计是他们到了吧 |
[03:07] | It can’t be. | 应该不会吧 |
[03:08] | Jake wouldn’t ring the bell. | 杰克应该不会按门铃啊 |
[03:18] | Um, h-hello? | 你们好啊 |
[03:21] | Hey, Dad. | 老爸 |
[03:22] | Uh, this is my girlfriend, Tammy. | 这是我女朋友 泰咪 |
[03:24] | Uh, Tammy, this is my dad, Alan. | 泰咪 这是我老爸 艾伦 |
[03:25] | It’s a pleasure to meet you. | 很荣幸见到你 |
[03:27] | Likewise. Come in. | 我也是 请进吧 |
[03:30] | It would take the jaws of life to get me out of this house. | 不用12人大轿是没办法让我离开这里的 |
[03:34] | Look, you already have something in common. | 你看 你们已经有一个共同点了 |
[03:37] | I’m, uh, Walden Schmidt. | 我是沃顿·施密特 |
[03:38] | Good God, you’re prettier than I am. | 天啊 你被我还美啊 |
[03:42] | That’s quite the grip. | 你的手好有力 |
[03:43] | Yeah. I milked cows when I was a kid. | 我小时候是挤牛奶的童工 |
[03:46] | Then I discovered boys. | 之后开始挤小男孩的… |
[03:50] | I’m just kidding. | 开玩笑啦 |
[03:51] | Not really. | 也不是全开玩笑 |
[03:54] | This really is an amazing house though. | 这房子真的很棒 |
[03:57] | Thank you. | 谢谢夸奖 |
[03:58] | Be much nicer with a home theater. | 有个家庭电影室一定更棒 |
[04:00] | But, uh, I’ve been very fortunate. | 不过老天的确待我不薄 |
[04:03] | Yeah, so I’ve heard. | 是啊 我也听说了 |
[04:04] | Jake tells me you’re stupid rich. | 杰克说你是傻大款 |
[04:08] | He tells me you’re very resourceful. | 他也说你过得很滋润啦 |
[04:13] | I’ll take that as a compliment. | 就当你是在夸奖吧 |
[04:14] | Please, make yourselves at home. Have a seat. | 请吧 别客气 请坐 |
[04:16] | Is there anything I can get you to eat or drink? | 有想要吃什么或喝什么吗 |
[04:18] | Oh, I’d love a drink, | 我也很想喝一杯啊 |
[04:19] | but it would set off my ankle bracelet. | 但是那会触发我的电子脚镣 |
[04:23] | Not really. | 其实没有啦 |
[04:25] | I got that sucker off a week ago. | 我一周前就满刑取下了 |
[04:28] | You hear that, Walden? | 听到了吗 沃顿 |
[04:29] | She just got her ankle bracelet off. | 人家的电子脚镣已经取下了 |
[04:31] | I don’t see how this could get any better. | 还能再有更多让我幸灾乐祸的事吗 |
[04:37] | It just got better! | 还真的有呢 |
[04:40] | Well… look at you. | 瞧你啊 |
[04:43] | Uh, now, where would a skull be going | 什么样的情况下是需要 |
[04:45] | that he would even need a top hat? | 骷髅头先生戴着大礼帽的呢 |
[04:48] | Oh, he might be going to visit Yosemite Sam. | 去见戴着牛仔帽的卡通牛仔先生时啊 |
[04:51] | Yeah, they’re kind of my business cards. | 这些就像是我的名片一样 |
[04:53] | I own a tattoo parlor. | 我开了一家刺青店 |
[04:55] | Oh, did you hear that, Walden? | 听到了吗 沃顿 |
[04:57] | She owns a tattoo parlor. | 她有一家刺青店呢 |
[04:59] | That sounds fun. | 一定超有趣啊 |
[05:01] | Yeah, it’s called Tammy’s Tatties. | 对啊 叫泰咪的刺咪店 |
[05:05] | It makes guys think of boobs. | 会让男人想到咪咪 |
[05:08] | Thank you. | 多谢解说 |
[05:11] | Speaking of which, in case you forget, | 如果你们会忘记 其实我的名字 |
[05:13] | my name’s written right here. | 就刺在这边哦 |
[05:14] | Nice. | 妙啊 |
[05:16] | What’s the other one called? | 那你另一边咪咪叫什么 |
[05:20] | I like you. | 我喜欢你 |
[05:21] | I like you, too. | 我也喜欢你 |
[05:25] | Everybody likes everybody. | 没有谁不喜欢谁的 |
[05:28] | So, so, so, how’d you two meet? | 那么 你们俩怎么认识的呢 |
[05:31] | Oh, Jake came into my shop. | 杰克到我店里来了 |
[05:32] | – Tammy’s Tatties. – Exactly. | -泰咪的刺咪店 -看吧 |
[05:34] | See, once you get it in your head, | 这店名一旦听过 |
[05:35] | you can’t get it out. | 就挥之不去了 |
[05:36] | No, you cannot. | 是啊 甩不掉了 |
[05:39] | Yeah, a couple of us guys from the base went out drinking, | 我们基地几个人一起去喝酒 |
[05:41] | and they bet me 100 bucks | 他们赌100块 |
[05:42] | that I wouldn’t get this tattoo of two arms | 赌我不敢在屁股沟那里 |
[05:44] | coming out of my butt crack. | 纹两条手臂 |
[05:45] | Like, you know, someone was trying to escape. | 就好像有人被夹里面想逃出来那样 |
[05:49] | Oh, Jake, you didn’t. | 杰克 你没纹吧 |
[05:50] | No, Tammy wouldn’t let me. | 没 泰咪不答应 |
[05:52] | – Damn right. – Thank you for that. | -太对了 -太多谢你了 |
[05:54] | I took one look at his ass | 我看了眼他的屁股沟 |
[05:55] | and I thought, I don’t want to tattoo that | 我就想 我才不要帮他在这里纹 |
[05:57] | I want to bite that. | 我要咬一口 |
[06:04] | Chomp. | 咬牙切齿啊 |
[06:11] | Hey, what’s going on? | 什么情况 |
[06:12] | Jake made pizza bagels. | 杰克做了披萨圈 |
[06:14] | I make them for Tammy’s kids all the time. | 我经常给泰咪的孩子们做 |
[06:17] | Is it breakfast? Is it lunch? | 这是早餐 还是午餐 |
[06:20] | Is it pizza? Is it a bagel? | 这是披萨 还是面包圈 |
[06:22] | I’ll tell you what it is, it’s delightful. | 我告诉你这是什么 是美味 |
[06:26] | So, uh, how does that work exactly? | 那你们俩怎么能合得来呢 |
[06:27] | Is, uh, Tammy’s ex in the picture? | 泰咪的前男友知情吗[在照片里] |
[06:29] | He’s in some. | 有些照片有他 |
[06:30] | And in some, his head’s been torn off. | 有些他的头会被撕掉 |
[06:33] | But was I right or what? Isn’t Tammy awesome? | 但我说得对吧 泰咪是不是很棒 |
[06:35] | She seems great, but still, you have to acknowledge | 她看起来不错 但是你不得不承认 |
[06:39] | that this is an unusual relationship. | 这不是普通的恋爱 |
[06:41] | I mean, she’s old enough to have you as her kid. | 她岁数那么大 都可以收你当儿子了 |
[06:43] | So what? You are, too. | 那又怎么样 你也收我当儿子了 |
[06:45] | He’s got a point. | 有道理 |
[06:47] | Doesn’t make any sense, but it’s a point. | 虽然不太合理 但也算有道理 |
[06:50] | I just wanna be sure you know what you are doing. | 我只是想确保你知道自己在做什么 |
[06:52] | That’s the beauty of it. | 这正是美妙之处 |
[06:53] | When I don’t know what I’m doing, she shows me. | 我不知道自己在”做”什么时 她会教我 |
[06:58] | 2比0 杰克领先 Two-zero, 杰克. | |
[07:01] | Face it, Dad, I’m not a kid anymore. | 面对现实吧爸爸 我不是小孩子了 |
[07:03] | Oh, baby, you got a milk moustache. | 宝贝 你胡子沾上牛奶了 |
[07:07] | – You ready to go? – Yep. | -可以走了吗 -可以 |
[07:08] | Where you guys heading? | 你们俩去哪 |
[07:10] | Oh, we’re gonna do a little shopping, | 我们去买点东西 |
[07:11] | pick up some souvenirs for my kids | 给我孩子买点纪念品 |
[07:13] | and pick up a new nipple gun. | 再买把乳头枪 |
[07:16] | N-Nipple gun? | 乳头枪 |
[07:18] | Yeah, for piercing. | 穿洞用的 |
[07:19] | You give me a body part, | 给我个身体部位 |
[07:20] | I can paint it, pierce it or plug it. | 我就能在那画画 穿洞或者塞上 |
[07:24] | – I really like her. – Good, | -我真的很喜欢她 -太好了 |
[07:27] | ’cause I want to pick your brain, Mr. Moneybags. | 因为我想请教你一下 财主先生 |
[07:29] | Go ahead. | 说吧 |
[07:30] | Well, I’m looking for a stable investment | 我想给我的养老金计划 |
[07:32] | for my pension plan. | 寻求稳定的投资 |
[07:33] | Do you think Google’s business model | 你觉得谷歌的商业模式 |
[07:34] | is sustainable over a 20-year period? | 还能再发展20年吗 |
[07:39] | Tell you what, while you’re out, I’ll Google it. | 你走了以后 我去谷歌一下 |
[07:43] | You’re funny. | 你真会说笑 |
[07:44] | – Come on, babe. – All right. | -走吧 宝贝 -好 |
[07:45] | See you, guys. | 再见了 |
[07:47] | This makes no sense. | 说不通啊 |
[07:49] | What are you talking about? | 说什么啊 |
[07:50] | She’s beautiful, she’s cool, she’s smart. | 她漂亮 潇洒 聪明 |
[07:52] | Exactly. What the hell’s she doing with Jake? | 对啊 那她跟杰克在一起干什么啊 |
[07:55] | Besides doing him? | 除了可以”干”他吗 |
[07:57] | – You’re not helping. – I’m not trying to. | -你在帮倒忙 -我也没打算帮忙 |
[08:11] | You ever get tired of this view? | 你对这种景致不会感到厌倦吗 |
[08:13] | I do not. | 不会 |
[08:15] | I’ve worked hard for it. | 这是我辛辛苦苦得来的 |
[08:19] | Good one. | 回答得好 |
[08:21] | – Can I ask you a question? – Sure. | -我能问你个问题吗 -当然 |
[08:23] | What do you hate about me the most? | 你最恨我哪一点 |
[08:26] | No, I don’t, I don’t hate anything about you. | 不 我一点也不恨你 |
[08:28] | Oh, please. | 算了吧 |
[08:30] | I’ve been in your shoes. | 我也曾碰到你这种状况 |
[08:32] | My 17-year-old daughter brought home a 32-year-old guy, | 我17岁的女儿领一个32岁的男人回家 |
[08:35] | and I chased that son of a bitch | 我用枪把那狗娘养的 |
[08:36] | right out of the house with a gun. | 轰出了家门 |
[08:39] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[08:40] | Well, it was a nipple gun. | 是把乳头枪啦 |
[08:43] | Which explains why I needed a new one, | 所以我才需要买把新的 |
[08:45] | and also why I was wearing an ankle bracelet. | 所以我才戴脚镣 |
[08:49] | The point is, I get what people think about me. | 我想说 我知道人们对我有偏见 |
[08:52] | And they’re only looking at the surface. | 那是因为他们只看到了表面 |
[08:55] | Well, there’s a lot to look at. | 表面也能看到很多东西 |
[08:58] | Look, here’s all you need to know about me. | 我要告诉你我的情况 |
[09:02] | I’m raising three kids by myself, | 我独自抚养三个孩子 |
[09:03] | I run a successful business, | 我事业成功 |
[09:04] | and I own a three-bedroom house that’s not on wheels. | 有一套不是活动板房的三居室 |
[09:07] | So, anybody who judges me can kiss my ass | 所以 所有对我评头论足的人 |
[09:09] | right on my tattoo of Brad Paisley. | 都可以去亲我屁股上的布拉德·佩斯利来 |
[09:13] | I-I’m not judging you. | 我不是在对你评头论足 |
[09:14] | I just, I-I don’t understand why you’re with Jake. | 我只是不明白你为什么要跟杰克在一起 |
[09:18] | I’m with him because I care about him. | 我跟他在一起 是因为我在乎他 |
[09:21] | I mean, he’s sweet and kind and funny. | 他温柔 善良 幽默 |
[09:25] | And I don’t know when the last time you had sex | 我不知道你最后一次跟一个19岁的男孩 |
[09:27] | with a 19-year-old boy was, but it is a lot of fun. | 做爱是什么时候 但确实很欢乐 |
[09:33] | Then eight minutes later, it’s a lot of fun again. | 8分钟过后 欢乐再次来袭 |
[09:37] | Um, I’ll-I’ll take your word for it. | 我相信你说的话 |
[09:40] | Alan, has anybody ever looked at you | 艾伦 有没有一个人曾把你看作 |
[09:42] | like you were the greatest thing on the planet? | 世界上最美妙的东西 |
[09:45] | – Do strippers count? – No. | -脱衣舞娘算吗 -不算 |
[09:47] | Then no. | 那就没有 |
[09:49] | Well, that’s the way Jake looks at me. | 杰克就是这样看我的 |
[09:53] | He thinks I can do no wrong, | 在他眼里我从来都是对的 |
[09:55] | and he worships the ground I walk on. | 他崇拜我走过的路 |
[09:57] | Uh, to be fair, for a while, | 老实说 有段时间 |
[09:59] | he worshipped Twinkies. | 他崇拜夹馅面包 |
[10:01] | Yeah, yeah, he still does. | 对 他现在还崇拜呢 |
[10:03] | But don’t worry, I don’t let him have sugar past 9:00. | 但是别担心 我不会让他9点以后吃糖的 |
[10:07] | The bottom line is, I think your son is terrific. | 最重要的是 我觉得你的儿子很棒 |
[10:11] | And I know what we have isn’t gonna last forever, | 我知道我们的感情不会永久 |
[10:13] | but it’s what I want in my life right now. | 但这正是我目前想要的 |
[10:16] | I’m really sorry if you don’t approve. | 我很遗憾你不认可 |
[10:19] | Well, you have to understand, | 你要明白 |
[10:21] | Jake is still my… | 杰克仍然是我的 |
[10:24] | baby. | 小宝贝 |
[10:25] | I hear you. | 我明白 |
[10:28] | It’s exactly what I told the judge | 当时他们想把我的大儿子 |
[10:29] | when he wanted to try my oldest son as an adult. | 当成年人审判时 我也是这么跟法官说的 |
[10:33] | They’re always your babies. | 孩子永远是你的小宝贝 |
[10:42] | You busy? | 忙吗 |
[10:43] | I’m thinking about getting a tattoo. | 我想弄个纹身 |
[10:47] | How about this? | 这个如何 |
[10:49] | It’s just a bunch of ones and zeroes. | 一堆0和一堆1而已 |
[10:52] | Yeah, it’s my favorite Gandhi quote in binary code. | 我最爱的甘地名言 二进制代码版的 |
[10:56] | “You can never imprison my mind” | “你永远不能禁锢我的心灵” |
[10:59] | Why don’t you just get one that says, | 你怎么不纹这句话 |
[11:00] | “I’m a nerd, don’t sleep with me”? | “书呆一枚 请勿睡我” |
[11:04] | Did you want something? | 你有何贵干 |
[11:07] | Yeah, I was wondering if you know why my dad’s being such a jerk. | 你知不知道为什么我爸那么混蛋 |
[11:10] | Oh, dads worry. That’s their job. | 当爹的都爱操心 他们的本职工作 |
[11:13] | I’m practically a dad, | 我也算是个爹了 |
[11:14] | and I don’t act like that toward my children. | 我对我的孩子们可不那样 |
[11:17] | That’s because you respect your elders. | 因为他们比你大 你尊老啊 |
[11:22] | Look, your dad just doesn’t want to see you get hurt. | 你爸爸就是不想你受伤 |
[11:25] | How am I gonna get hurt? | 我怎么会受伤呢 |
[11:27] | Are you kidding me? | 你开玩笑的吧 |
[11:28] | Have you never seen a movie | 你看过电影吗 |
[11:30] | or heard a song or read a poem? | 听过歌吗 读过诗吗 |
[11:33] | Uh, yes, yes and no. | 看过 听过 没读过 |
[11:36] | Okay, listen, I think your dad just needs a little time | 我觉得你爸需要一点时间 |
[11:38] | to get used to the idea of you and Tammy being together. | 来接受你和泰咪在一起的事实 |
[11:41] | Yeah, well, he’d better hurry, | 那他最好快点了 |
[11:42] | ’cause tomorrow we’re gonna go to Vegas and get married. | 明天我们就去拉斯维加斯结婚了 |
[11:46] | That should be plenty of time. | 那时间足够”多”了 |
[11:59] | Oh, you can’t be serious. | 你开玩笑的吧 |
[12:01] | Are-are you really getting married? | 你 你们真的要结婚吗 |
[12:02] | Yeah, I mean, assuming Tammy says yes. | 是啊 只要泰咪答应的话 |
[12:06] | Oh, okay, you haven’t thought this through at all. | 你根本没有仔细考虑过 |
[12:08] | No, I totally have. | 我考虑得很清楚 |
[12:10] | I’ve even started on our vows. Here. | 我都开始写誓词了 听着 |
[12:13] | “I can’t wait to start our life together, | “我迫不及待要与你共度人生 |
[12:15] | I like it when you dress in leather. | 我最爱你穿皮衣 一笑百媚生 |
[12:19] | I’ll love you forever and a day, | 我爱你 永世永生 |
[12:21] | you make me glad I’m not gay.” | 你让我庆幸 我不喜欢男生” |
[12:25] | And you said you’ve never read poetry. | 你居然说你没读过诗 |
[12:27] | All right, here, listen. | 好了 听着 |
[12:29] | You’re too young to get married. | 你太年轻不适合结婚 |
[12:31] | You got married at my age. | 你不也这么年轻结婚的吗 |
[12:32] | Yeah, and look what happened. | 没错 你看我的下场 |
[12:33] | I lost my wife and half my money, | 老婆跑了 钱被分了一半 |
[12:35] | and the only thing I gained was your father. | 我唯一的收获就是你爹 |
[12:38] | I’m not going to argue about this with you. | 我不要和你争论这个话题 |
[12:39] | Just don’t say anything to my dad, all right? | 记得别告诉我爸 知道吗 |
[12:41] | You can’t do this to me. | 你不能这么对我 |
[12:42] | I hate keeping secrets. | 我讨厌保守秘密 |
[12:44] | Don’t worry, I’ll tell him when the time is right. | 别担心 等时机对了 我会告诉他的 |
[12:46] | When, after you get married? | 什么时候 等你结完婚吗 |
[12:48] | – That’s a good idea. – No. | -好主意 -不行 |
[12:50] | No, you-you need to tell him before. | 不 你 你得在之前跟他说 |
[12:52] | That’s not going to happen, | 不可能 |
[12:53] | and you’re not going to tell him either. | 你也不能跑去告诉他 |
[12:54] | Okay, look, your dad is my best friend, | 你爸爸是我最好的朋友 |
[12:57] | and you’re putting me in a very difficult position. | 而你让我现在的处境十分为难 |
[12:59] | Hey, Tammy put me in a difficult position the other night, too, | 泰咪有天晚上也让我的”处境”[姿势]难度十足 |
[13:01] | and it worked out great. | 但结果却爽呆了 |
[13:05] | Why don’t you just tell your father? | 你何不直接告诉你爸 |
[13:07] | ‘Cause he’ll just say it’s a bad idea. | 他肯定会说 这是个馊主意 |
[13:08] | You know why? ‘Cause it’s a bad idea! | 你知道原因吗 因为就是个馊主意 |
[13:11] | Jake, get back here! | 杰克 回来 |
[13:13] | Do not do this to me! | 别这么对我 |
[13:15] | I just want a home theater. | 我不就想要个家庭影院嘛 |
[13:21] | Hey, dinner’s almost ready. | 晚饭快好了 |
[13:23] | I’m gonna pass. | 我不吃了 |
[13:25] | What? You can’t. | 什么 不行 |
[13:27] | Jake’s making gnocchi. | 杰克做了意大利丸子 |
[13:28] | He’s into cooking things he can’t spell. | 他迷上烹饪自己不会写名称的食物 |
[13:31] | What’s for dessert– cake? | 甜点吃什么 蛋糕吗 |
[13:33] | Pie. | 是派 |
[13:36] | Come on, join us. | 快来 一起吧 |
[13:37] | No, no, it’s-it’s a family thing. | 不了 你们一家人的事 |
[13:39] | I don’t want to… get in the middle of it. | 我可不想…掺和进去 |
[13:42] | Oh, oh, there’s, there’s nothing to get in the middle of. | 才不是一家人呢 没什么可掺和的 |
[13:45] | I, uh, I had a nice conversation with Tammy, | 我 我刚和泰咪谈过了 |
[13:47] | and she knows this thing with Jake isn’t serious. | 她知道自己和杰克的感情不是认真的 |
[13:49] | Does Jake know that? | 那杰克知道吗 |
[13:50] | Well, I assume he does. | 应该知道吧 |
[13:52] | Why, did he say something to you? | 怎么了 他跟你说什么了吗 |
[13:54] | Did… he say something? | 他…说什么了吗 |
[13:57] | Why would he say something to me? I… | 他为什么会跟我说什么呢 我 |
[13:59] | Let’s go eat. | 咱们去吃饭吧 |
[14:00] | I-I thought you didn’t want to eat. | 我以为你不想吃了 |
[14:02] | I changed my mind, just like you did. | 我改主意了 就像你 |
[14:03] | You didn’t like Tammy, now you do. | 以前不喜欢泰咪 现在喜欢了 |
[14:05] | Who knows what’s going to happen next? Not me. | 谁知道接下来会怎么样 反正我不知道 |
[14:11] | Quarters. | 一堆硬币 |
[14:15] | He’s a billionaire, he’s not going to miss it. | 人家的是亿万富翁 才不惦记这点小钱呢 |
[14:22] | Jake, this gnocchi is amazing. | 杰克 这意丸很不错 |
[14:25] | Yeah, I like to make it ’cause it sounds like “Nookie.” | 我喜欢做这个 因为听着像”淫丸” |
[14:29] | – Get it? – I do. | -懂吗 -我懂 |
[14:32] | Not as much as I do. | 肯定没我这么懂 |
[14:39] | So, uh, Tammy, where did you learn the art of tattooing? | 泰咪 你在哪里学的纹身啊 |
[14:42] | Prison. | 监狱 |
[14:45] | I’m kidding. | 开玩笑的啦 |
[14:46] | Juvie. | 少教所 |
[14:47] | – Kidding? – Nope. | -又开玩笑吗 -不是 |
[14:51] | Jakey, you haven’t even touched your asparagus. | 杰克 你碰都没碰过你的芦笋 |
[14:53] | I don’t like asparagus. | 我不喜欢吃芦笋 |
[14:54] | – Then, why’d you make it? – ‘Cause you like it. | -那你为什么做呢 -因为你喜欢 |
[14:56] | Don’t try to butter me up, young man. | 少拍我马屁 小子 |
[14:58] | – Eat your vegetables. – I don’t wanna. | -把蔬菜吃了 -我不想吃 |
[15:00] | Jake, listen to your mo… | 杰克 听你妈… |
[15:02] | …arvelous girlfriend. | 麻利帅气的女朋友的话 |
[15:04] | Look, just take a few tiny bites. | 稍微吃几口就行了 |
[15:07] | Do I have to? | 我非吃不可吗 |
[15:08] | It’s delicious. | 很好吃的 |
[15:09] | Yeah, it really is. | 确实如此 |
[15:10] | Did you know that the asparagus plant, | 你知道吗 芦笋这种植物 |
[15:12] | uh, dates back to ancient… | 可以追溯到… |
[15:13] | Jake’s taking Tammy to Vegas to get married! | 杰克要带泰咪去拉斯维加斯结婚 |
[15:19] | …Rome. | 罗马时期 |
[15:21] | What the hell, dude? | 你搞毛啊 哥们 |
[15:23] | I told you, I’m not good with secrets. | 我说过了 我不擅长保守秘密 |
[15:25] | Baby, you want to get married? | 宝贝 你想结婚吗 |
[15:26] | Uh, no, no, no, he doesn’t. | 不不不 他不想 |
[15:27] | Yes, he does. | 对 他想 |
[15:30] | I can’t wait for our life together, | 我迫不及待要与你共度一生 |
[15:32] | I like it when you dress in le… | 我最爱你身穿皮衣… |
[15:34] | No-Nobody’s getting married. | 没人要结婚 |
[15:35] | We are, ’cause we love each other, right? | 我们要结 因为我们相爱 对吗 |
[15:37] | Damn right we do. | 超级对 |
[15:38] | I thought you were just using him for his body! | 我以为你只是享受他的青春肉体 |
[15:41] | You said that? | 你这样说吗 |
[15:42] | You’re so sweet. | 我爱听 |
[15:44] | N-N-N-No! | 不行 |
[15:44] | I am not going to let you throw your life away like this! | 我不能眼巴巴地看着你这样糟蹋自己的人生 |
[15:47] | Wait, which one of us are you talking to? | 等等 你这话是冲谁说的 |
[15:49] | My son, the idiot. | 我儿子 这个白痴 |
[15:51] | Oh, so, because he wants to marry me, he’s an idiot? | 所以他想娶我 他就成了白痴 |
[15:54] | Uh, to be fair, | 说句公平话 |
[15:55] | he was an idiot long before he met you. | 他早在认识你之前就是白痴了 |
[15:58] | I don’t need you to defend me. | 我不需要你替我说好话 |
[16:00] | Come on, Tammy, let’s get out of here. | 来吧 泰咪 我们走 |
[16:02] | Oh, Jake, you can’t possibly be this stupid. | 杰克 你不至于蠢成这样吧 |
[16:05] | You know, it doesn’t matter what you think of me. | 你怎么看我不重要 |
[16:06] | But why the hell do you have | 可你怎么能 |
[16:07] | such a low opinion of your son? | 这样轻视自己的儿子 |
[16:11] | Because I know him! | 因为我了解他 |
[16:15] | Could be worse. | 这还不算差 |
[16:16] | He could be one of those showbiz kids | 他还没像那些童星一样 |
[16:18] | who goes off the rails. | 长成又残又嚣张的混蛋 |
[16:25] | All right, there’s a 24-hour chapel in Vegas. | 维加斯有24小时开门的教堂 |
[16:28] | If we hurry, we can get there before it closes. | 如果我们快点 可以在关门前赶到 |
[16:31] | Yeah, I don’t think we should go to Vegas. | 我认为我们不该去维加斯 |
[16:33] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[16:35] | A wedding’s supposed to be about | 结婚应该是让两个家庭 |
[16:36] | bringing a family together, not breaking it apart. | 结合在一起 而不是拆散 |
[16:39] | Hang on a sec. | 等等 |
[16:40] | You were just as mad at my dad as I was, | 你刚才和我一样生我爸的气 |
[16:42] | and now you’re on his side? | 而你现在却帮他说话 |
[16:43] | I’m not choosing sides. | 我没有帮谁说话 |
[16:44] | Your dad’s a tool with a bad haircut. | 你爸就是个顶着烂发型的傻逼 |
[16:47] | But I’m just saying, if we were to get married, | 但我的意思是 如果我们结婚 |
[16:49] | I would want the whole family there– | 我希望所有的家人都在场 |
[16:51] | my kids, your dad, | 我的孩子们 你爸 |
[16:53] | the guy your dad sponges off of. | 被你爸白吃白喝白住的那位 |
[16:56] | Yeah, well, I don’t want him there. | 我不希望他在场 |
[16:58] | You know, Jake, you’re lucky you have a dad. | 知道吗 杰克 你应该庆幸自己有父亲 |
[17:00] | When I was five, mine went out for a sandwich | 我五岁时 我爸出去买三明治 |
[17:02] | and never came back. | 再也没有回来 |
[17:04] | What kind of sandwich? | 什么口味的三明治 |
[17:06] | What? | 什么 |
[17:08] | Sorry, we left in the middle of dinner. | 抱歉 晚餐只吃到一半 |
[17:09] | I’m still kind of hungry. | 我还饿着肚子呢 |
[17:12] | Look, the point is, I don’t want to be the cause | 重点是 我不想成为 |
[17:14] | of an estrangement between you and your father. | 你与你父亲不合的原因 |
[17:16] | Don’t worry, | 别担心 |
[17:17] | my dad was pretty estrange before he met you. | 我在认识你很久之前就与他不合了 |
[17:21] | Okay, look, let’s approach this from a different angle. | 好吧 我们换个角度来说 |
[17:24] | Sit. | 坐下 |
[17:28] | I think, before we do anything else, | 我想 在我们有所行动前 |
[17:30] | you need to make things right with your dad. | 你要先与你父亲好好谈谈 |
[17:33] | I think he needs to make things right with me. | 我想他才需要和我谈谈吧 |
[17:34] | It doesn’t matter who takes the first step. | 谁先示好都没有关系 |
[17:37] | Jake, he loves you, | 杰克 他爱你 |
[17:39] | and that’s not something you can just throw away. | 那是你不能随便抛弃的爱 |
[17:42] | But you’re more important to me than he is. | 但对我来说 你比他重要得多 |
[17:46] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[17:48] | But family is the most important thing in the world. | 但家人是世界上最重要的 |
[17:51] | That’s why I make sure my kids get to see their dad, | 所以我才让我的孩子们去看望父亲 |
[17:54] | even if he is behind Plexiglas, | 哪怕他是坐在玻璃窗后 |
[17:56] | wearing an orange jumpsuit. | 穿着橙色监狱服 |
[18:00] | I can’t believe I’m not going to be there | 我真不敢相信 我的独生子结婚 |
[18:02] | to see my only son get married. | 我居然不能观礼 |
[18:04] | Well, if it makes you feel any better, | 希望这话能安慰你一下 |
[18:05] | I’m pretty sure you’ll have many more opportunities. | 你观礼的机会以后多得是 |
[18:09] | I got married in Vegas, | 我曾经在维加斯结过婚 |
[18:11] | and divorced in Reno. | 在里诺离婚[著名的离婚市] |
[18:14] | Hell of a weekend. | 真他妈疯狂的一个周末 |
[18:18] | Dad, I got to talk to you. | 爸 我要和你谈谈 |
[18:19] | Yeah, yeah, I-I need to talk to you, too. | 对 我也要和你谈谈 |
[18:21] | Um, I want to tell you both that I’m sorry, | 我要跟你们说 对不起 |
[18:25] | um, that… | 还有 |
[18:28] | if marrying Tammy is the right thing for you… | 如果你觉得娶泰咪是正确的话… |
[18:32] | you have my love and support. | 那我将会祝福和支持你们 |
[18:34] | – We’re not getting married. – Oh, thank God! | -我们不会结婚的 -谢天谢地 |
[18:39] | Jake… | 杰克 |
[18:40] | I’m also sorry. | 我也很抱歉 |
[18:41] | You’re dead to me. | 咱们没话好说了 |
[18:42] | And your room’s a home theater. | 那你的房间就是家庭影院了 |
[18:46] | W-What made you change your mind? | 什么让你改变主意 |
[18:48] | I just decided that I don’t want to get married | 我只是觉得 如果你不能 |
[18:50] | unless you’re going to be the one to walk me down the aisle. | 陪我走向圣坛 我也不想结婚 |
[18:54] | A-Actually the dad walks the, uh… | 事实上 父亲是陪[女儿]走… |
[18:56] | – Let it go. – Right. | -别计较了 -对 |
[18:59] | I just– I want you to be happy. | 我只是 希望你开心 |
[19:01] | Thanks, and, you know, someday we are going to get married, | 谢谢 以后我们还是会结婚的 |
[19:04] | maybe get a dog or a leopard, | 也许养只狗或是豹子 |
[19:07] | have a couple kids of our own– | 生几个属于我的孩子 |
[19:08] | maybe more than a couple, maybe, like, two or three. | 也许不止几个 生个两三个 |
[19:16] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[19:21] | You’re going to need a bigger house. | 你会需要买间更大的房子 |
[19:34] | You know, this place could really use a home gym. | 这个家真应该弄间健身房 |
[19:39] | That’s a good idea. | 好主意 |
[19:41] | Where could we put it? | 健身房设在哪里好呢 |
[19:45] | I’ve been, uh, thinking about names | 我一直在想我和泰咪的 |
[19:46] | for when Tammy and I have our first kid. | 第一个孩子叫什么名字 |
[19:50] | – You’re enjoying this, aren’t you? – Yep. | -看我受折磨 你很爽是吧 -没错 |
[19:53] | Although I-I am | 不过 |
[19:54] | a little worried about a third generation | 我也有些担心第三代 |
[19:56] | of freeloaders living here. | 吃白食的寄生虫会赖在这里 |
[19:59] | If it’s a boy, what do you think about Walden Harper? | 如果是男孩 叫沃顿·哈勃怎么样 |
[20:02] | – I like it. – No. | -不错 -不行 |
[20:04] | All right, then, I guess it’s down to either Alan | 好吧 那只能叫艾伦 |
[20:06] | or Xiang Xao. | 或煎饺了 |
[20:09] | Xiang Xao? | 煎饺 |
[20:11] | Yeah, I got to be ready, Dad. | 对 我得准备好啊 爸 |
[20:12] | They say one out of every three babies born is Chinese. | 人们说出生的婴儿中 有三分之一是中国人呢 |
[20:20] | I love it. | 我超喜欢这名字 |