时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Previously on Ugly Betty: | |
[00:03] | I made a terrible mistake. | 我犯了一个很严重的错误 |
[00:04] | Did you realize this before or after Gina dumped you? | 你是在Gina 踹掉你之前还是之后意识到的? |
[00:08] | It’s his H.M.O. They’re not gonna cover dad anymore. | 爸爸的卫生维护组织不给他药了 |
[00:12] | Got a weird call from some woman. | 我接到一个女人的奇怪电话 |
[00:14] | She said to ask you about Bayonne scrape yard? | 她问你关于 – |
[00:17] | I haven’t the foggiest. | Bayonne废物处理场? – 我一点印象也没有 |
[00:18] | As long as there’s this wedge between the two of them, | 只要他们俩之间有隔阂 |
[00:21] | their relationship is doomed. | 他们的感情必定完蛋 |
[00:22] | Perhaps it’s time I drive that wedge a little deeper. # Can I get, get, get # | 也许是时候到我 |
[00:31] | # To know, know, know, know you # # Better, better, baby # | 来加深他们的隔阂了 |
[00:35] | Wow, this is so cool. | 哇 这里真酷 |
[00:37] | I’ve always wanted to come to networking night at the Rack. | 我一直很想来社交舞会 |
[00:40] | And, oh, look! There’s free grilled cheese. | 哦 看哪! 那里有免费的烤乳酪 |
[00:42] | Okay, ground rules. | 好吧 规矩 |
[00:43] | Stop with the chatty, | 不要多说话 |
[00:45] | don’t stand so close to me, | 不要站得离我这么近 |
[00:46] | and no one eats the grilled cheese. | 而且谁也别吃烤乳酪 |
[00:48] | She’s having one. | 她就在吃 |
[00:50] | Well, of course Fat Carol is eating one. What do you expect? | 哦 当然肥妞Carol在吃 你还能怎么样? |
[00:53] | Anyway, so how does this work? | 不管了 我要怎么做? |
[00:55] | You have to work the room. | 你必须”忙起来” |
[00:57] | “Work the room”? | “忙起来”? |
[00:58] | Circulate, baby. Introduce yourself. | 交流 宝贝 自我介绍 |
[01:01] | We want everyone to meet you. | 我们要让每个人都见见你 |
[01:04] | Okay. Wish me luck. | 好的 |
[01:06] | Bye. | 祝我好运吧 |
[01:10] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[01:13] | It-it-it’s my first time. | 这是我第一次 |
[01:15] | More classic moments for Betty’s wall of shame. | Betty耻辱墙的经典一刻 |
[01:19] | Hi. Excuse me. | 嗨 借过 |
[01:22] | We haven’t officially met. Um, I’m Betty Suarez. | 我们还没有正式见过 我是Betty Suarez |
[01:25] | I work at “Mode,” too. | 我也为”时尚”杂志工作 |
[01:29] | I always thought I’d be good at your job. | 我一直觉得我能胜任你的工作 |
[01:32] | How long do you think you’ll last? | 你觉得你能干多久? |
[01:34] | Well, unless you know something that I don’t, a while, I hope. | 除非你知道我所不知道的 我希望能久一点 |
[01:39] | That’s too bad. | 太糟了 |
[01:41] | You know, I love that you’re having a grilled cheese. | 你知道 我喜欢你吃烤乳酪 |
[01:44] | Most people at “Mode” don’t eat. | 大多数在”时尚”工作的人都不吃东西 |
[01:48] | Sometimes they shouldn’t. | 有时他们不应该吃 |
[01:55] | Just a minute. | 稍等一下 |
[01:58] | Carlo Medina. I work with the editor in chief at “Isabella. “ | 我为”Isabella”杂志的主编工作 |
[02:02] | Oh, Betty Suarez, assistant to Daniel Meade at “Mode. “ | Betty Suarez “时尚”杂志的 Daniel Meade的助理 |
[02:05] | Oh, I know who you are. | 我知道你是谁 |
[02:06] | You’re a legend. | 你是个传奇人物 |
[02:11] | Housekeeping swears they haven’t seen a red music box. | 清洁工发誓她们没见过红色音乐盒 |
[02:14] | Any luck? | 运气怎么样? |
[02:16] | Does it look like I’ve had any luck? | 我的样子像是运气很好吗? |
[02:19] | Daniel and Wilhelmina are still waiting for you | Daniel和Wilhelmina还在等你签发 |
[02:21] | to sign off on the holiday spread. | 假期中心彩页 |
[02:23] | What? | 什么? |
[02:25] | Oh. | 哦 |
[02:31] | Keep looking. | 继续找 |
[02:40] | Seem to be a lot of layers. I’d like to see more skin. | 好象穿得太多 我想看到更多皮肤 |
[02:44] | It’s a postnuclear scene. Exposed skin would melt off their bodies. | 这是核变后的场景 暴露的肌肤会融化的 |
[02:48] | My bad. | 是我不对 我知道你们有个假期中心彩页要给我看 |
[02:49] | I understand you have a holiday spread for me. | 我知道你们有个假期中心彩页要给我看 |
[02:51] | Yeah. Yes, we do. We think you’re gonna like it. | 是的 的确 我们觉得你会喜欢 |
[02:54] | In this world of global warming and political unrest, | 在这个全球变暖和政治动荡的世界里 |
[02:59] | we give you a postapocalyptic Christmas. | 我们将给你一个世界末日后的圣诞节 |
[03:02] | A “Mad Max-mas” if you will. | 如果你愿意 一个”最为疯狂的圣诞节” |
[03:04] | I discovered this designer out of Vietnam- Anh Vu-Tran- | 我在越南发现了这个设计师 |
[03:08] | so hot, no one in the states knows about her. | 非常红 但国内没人知道她 |
[03:10] | She’s doing an exclusive line of flak jackets just for us. | 她特别为我们设计一系列防弹衣 |
[03:14] | We got all the props and equipment on hold for thursday. | 我们周四能拿到所有有关的道具和设备 |
[03:16] | We just need to pull the trigger. | 万事俱备 只欠东风 |
[03:18] | So let’s walk you through the mock-ups, | 带你去看看样刊 |
[03:19] | show you what we have in mind. | 看看我们的想法 |
[03:20] | Yeah, sounds good. | 听上去不错 |
[03:22] | Uh, I have to get back upstairs. | 我得回到楼上去 |
[03:29] | He was disturbed? | 他有心事? |
[03:31] | He looked very disturbed. | 他看上去心事重重 |
[03:34] | Mm. He should. | 哦 应该的 |
[03:37] | He got sloppy. | 他有了心事 |
[03:40] | And we got… | 而我们有了… |
[03:41] | a music box. | 音乐盒 |
[03:49] | Sorry I’m late! | 对不起 我迟到了! |
[03:51] | I hope you guys didn’t wait for me to eat dinner. | 我希望你们没有等我吃晚饭 |
[03:55] | What are you doing here? | 你在这里干什么? |
[03:57] | – Tuesday’s tamale night. – We broke up. | 周二是玉米粉蒸肉之夜 我们分手了 |
[03:59] | Walter always comes on tamale night. | Walter在玉米粉蒸肉之夜总会来 |
[04:01] | He cheated on me. I’m not sure I’m ready to just jump back in. | 他背叛了我 我不确定我准备好回心转意了 |
[04:06] | It’s tamale night. | 今晚是玉米粉蒸肉之夜 |
[04:07] | Betty, I didn’t raise you to be rude to guests. | Betty 我可没教你对客人无礼 |
[04:10] | Now we saved you some tamales. | 我们给你留了一点玉米粉蒸肉 |
[04:13] | Okay. Thank you. I’m starving. | 好吧 谢谢 我饿死了 |
[04:15] | I went to this really cool work thing tonight, | 我今晚参加了很酷的活动 |
[04:17] | except it’s not professional to eat, so | 只不过在那里吃东西不是很专业 |
[04:20] | I just had a mango margarita. | 所以我只喝了一杯芒果玛格丽塔酒 |
[04:21] | Here you go. | 给你 |
[04:23] | Hey. | 嘿 爸爸 你知道医生怎么说的 |
[04:24] | Dad, you know what the doctor said. | 爸爸 你知道医生怎么说的 |
[04:25] | You can’t have coffee. | 你不能喝咖啡 |
[04:27] | Anyway, so I spent the entire evening just networking | 总之 我花了一整晚交际 |
[04:30] | and giving out my business cards. | 分发我的名片 |
[04:33] | – What? | – What? Nothing. 什么? 什么? 没事 只是 |
[04:35] | It’s just, I find it interesting. You’re drinking now. Okay. | 我觉得很有趣 你现在喝酒了 好吧 |
[04:38] | You used to get woozy from your astringent. | 以前止血药都能让你头晕 |
[04:40] | Anyway, it was really fun, | 总之 真的很好玩 |
[04:42] | and I finally felt like I belonged. | 我终于感觉到自己属于那里了 |
[04:45] | – You’re a legend. – Me? | 你是个传奇人物 我吗? |
[04:47] | You saved the Fabia layout in your first week. | 你工作的第一个星期 就拯救了Fabia计划 |
[04:50] | Oh, no. No, no, no, no. It didn’t happen like that. | 哦 不不不 并不是这样的 |
[04:52] | I’ve slaved away for years, and I’m not even trusted to pick out a belt. | 我作牛作马好几年 但连选腰带这样的事 |
[04:55] | What is your secret? | 他们都不信任我 你的秘诀是什么? |
[04:57] | Um… just, uh, doing my job. | 嗯… 只是做好份内的事 |
[05:02] | And she’s modest, too. | 她也很谦虚 |
[05:05] | What are you drinking? | 你喝什么? |
[05:06] | Um… | 嗯…芒果玛格丽塔酒? |
[05:08] | uh, mango margarita? | |
[05:11] | Oh, you should have seen her. She was so gross. | 你一概看看她 她太恶心了 |
[05:14] | All she did was talk about herself the entire night. | 她一整晚都在谈论自己 |
[05:17] | Yeah, that doesn’t sound like Betty. | 听上去不像是Betty |
[05:18] | Ugh. Well, get a drink in her, and it is the Betty show. | 她一杯酒下肚 Betty专场演出就开始了 |
[05:21] | She would not shut up, bragging about the Fabia layout. | 她闭不上嘴 一直在说Fabia企划的事 |
[05:25] | It was all Daniel’s vision. | 全是Daniel的功劳 |
[05:26] | It’d be really wrong for me to take any credit for the layout. | 把功劳算在我头上 是非常不对的 |
[05:29] | Wow. An assistant who doesn’t trash-talk their boss. | 哇 一个不说老板坏话的助理 |
[05:33] | I know. Trash-talking is what I do best. | 我知道 扯皮是我最拿手的 |
[05:37] | Well, second best. | 好吧 第二拿手 |
[05:40] | It’s really easy when you have a good boss. | 当你有个好老板 这就很容易了 |
[05:42] | You know, I’m really, really lucky to work for Daniel. | 我真的非常非常 幸运能为Daniel工作 |
[05:45] | And she was clueless as to how to handle herself. | 而且她也愚蠢得不知道怎么推销自己 |
[05:48] | Shock. | 吓死人了 |
[05:49] | You should have seen when she pulled out her business cards. | 你应该看看她今天 是怎么发她的名片的 |
[05:53] | I just got ’em today. | 我今天刚刚拿到的 |
[05:54] | I don’t usually carry entire boxes in my purse. | 我通常不会把整盒的放在手袋里 |
[05:57] | Well, not since kleenex came out with the travel size. | 自从Kleenex纸巾出了随身包 就没这样了 |
[06:01] | No, they did. | 我说真的 |
[06:02] | Tragic. | 可悲 |
[06:04] | They’re laughing at you, Betty, not with you. | 他们是在笑你 Betty 不是在和你一起笑 |
[06:06] | Poor cow has no idea we only invited her | 笨猪 还不知道 |
[06:08] | so people could see she really exists. | 我们邀请她的唯一原因 是想让人们看到她真正存在 |
[06:10] | She’s like the real life Snuffleupagus… | 她就像是真人版的Snuffleupagus…. (注: <芝麻街>中人物) |
[06:12] | – only hairier. – Marc! | 只不过毛少点 |
[06:14] | What did you find out that’s useful to me?! | Marc! 你觉得说这些对我有什么用?! |
[06:17] | No choice gossip? | 没有有价值的八卦? |
[06:19] | No dirt to help me destroy any lesser magazine? | 没有能助我摧毁几家小杂志的丑闻? |
[06:22] | Uh, I, uh, I’ll do better next time. | 唔 我 我下次会做得更好 |
[06:28] | Do you know how many curly-haired, effete sycophants there are | 你知道有多少卷发的老马屁精 |
[06:32] | waiting to replace you? | 在等待机会取代你吗? |
[06:34] | I know. You have five of them on speed dial. | 我知道 你将他们中五个人 设置为快速拨号 |
[06:36] | Don’t make me call. | 别让我打电话给他们 |
[06:45] | Anyway, it was an amazing night. | 不管怎么说 这都是一个令人惊异的夜晚 |
[06:48] | Are you gonna eat that? | 你到底还要不要吃? |
[06:50] | Oh, right. I forgot. | 哦 对 我忘记了 |
[06:52] | You probably need it to soak up the booze. | 你可能需要它来吸收身上的酒气 |
[06:55] | You know what? You’d be perfect for my school project. | 你知道吗? 你是我学校作业的完美对象 |
[06:59] | What school project? | 什么作业? |
[07:00] | They gave us an assignment today to write a paper | 今天老师给我们布置了任务 |
[07:02] | about someone whose job we admire. | 要我们写篇关于从事 我们羡慕的职业的人的论文 |
[07:04] | We get the whole day off tomorrow to go observe them. | 我们可以利用明天一整天的 时间去观察他们 |
[07:07] | Can you take me to “Mode”? | 你能带我去”时尚”杂志社吗? |
[07:08] | Yeah, of course, if it’s okay with your mom. | 当然可以 如果你妈妈也同意的话 |
[07:11] | You know, the fashion world isn’t that great. | 你知道嘛 时尚界没有你想象中那么好 |
[07:13] | It’s a bunch of self-serving, shallow tramps | 那里只有一群自私自利 浅薄的家伙 |
[07:16] | who starve themselves and backstab each other for expensive clothes, | 饿着肚皮 为了昂贵的衣服互相在背后捅刀子 |
[07:19] | no self-respecting person would be caught dead in. | 任何一个自尊自重的人都不愿意终生 在时尚圈里混 |
[07:23] | So can I go? | 那么我可以去吗? |
[07:27] | Well, don’t say I didn’t warn you. | 好吧 别说我没警告过你 |
[07:37] | Oh, my god. You’re a celebrity! | 哦 天啊 你成了个名人了! |
[07:39] | The Meade security guard knows your name! | Meade出版社的保安都知道你的名字! |
[07:43] | Oh, look, here are some of my friends. | 哦 看 这些是我的朋友 |
[07:46] | Just because we’re sharing an elevator doesn’t mean we’re friends. | 只是共乘一部电梯 可并不意味着我们就是朋友 |
[07:48] | Marc, Amanda, this is, uh, Justin. | Marc, Amanda 这是Justin |
[07:52] | Oh, so that’s pregnancy weight. | 哦 原来你长这么胖是因为怀孕 |
[07:55] | No, um, he’s my nephew. | 不是的 他是我侄子 |
[07:59] | Oh, my god. | 哦 我的天啊 |
[08:01] | Manolo Blahniks, spring 2004! | Manolo Blahniks的鞋子 2004年春季款! |
[08:07] | Wearing two-year-old shoes. | 穿了两年的旧鞋 |
[08:10] | Even I didn’t catch that. | 连我都没注意到呢 |
[08:12] | Definitely not your son. | 他绝对不是你儿子 |
[08:15] | I got nothin’! I hate this. | 我什么也没有! 我讨厌这样 |
[08:17] | Don’t take it out on the furniture. | 别拿这些家具撒气 |
[08:19] | It’s late october. I got to shoot the holiday spread this week… | 已经是十月下旬了 我这个礼拜得搞定 否则无法按时出版 |
[08:22] | – It’s the tube! – Shh, Justin! | 管形通道! 嘘 Justin! |
[08:25] | – Sorry. – Go sit at my desk. | 抱歉 |
[08:26] | It’s right there. | 去坐到我桌子旁边 就在那边 |
[08:27] | I went to go get the tanks-gone! | 我去要坦克–没了! |
[08:30] | I went to book the models- gone! | 我要预定模特–没了! |
[08:33] | I went to gethe burned out Christmas trees-gone! | 我要的烧焦的圣诞树–也没了! |
[08:36] | “Isabella” took them all out from under us. | “Isabella” 杂志在我们眼皮子底下 全抢走了 |
[08:38] | – Calm down. – How can I calm down | 冷静一点 |
[08:40] | when somebody leaked our ideas? | 有人泄漏了我们的创意 我怎么冷静得下来呢? |
[08:41] | “Isabella” magazine literally stole our entire feature spread! | “Isabella” 杂志偷了我们 中心彩页的整个创意! |
[08:45] | Oh, my god. | 哦 |
[08:47] | C- Carlo Medina. | 我的天啊 |
[08:49] | He bought me a drink. | 他请我喝了杯酒 “Isabella” 杂志正在做 |
[09:08] | “Isabella” magazine is doing a postapocalyptic Christmas. | 关于末日后圣诞节的内容 他们抄了我们的整个创意 |
[09:13] | They copied our entire concept. | 他们不只是照抄 他们偷走了它 |
[09:16] | They didn’t just copy it. They took it. | 节日这期杂志 |
[09:18] | The holiday issue is our biggest source of ad revenue for the year. | 是我们全年广告收入最重要的来源 |
[09:22] | We lose advertisers. | 我们将失去广告商 我们的发行量将跌入底谷 |
[09:23] | Our circulation goes in the toilet. | 这就是为什么”时尚” |
[09:25] | Which is precisely why “Mode” does not tolerate leaks. | 绝不容忍泄密的原因 现在我给犯错误的人 |
[09:29] | Now I will give the guilty party one chance | 一个自首的机会 |
[09:32] | to come forward and confess. | 你们之中谁跟 |
[09:34] | Did any of you speak to anyone at “Isabella”? | “Isabella” 的人讲过话? |
[09:56] | Well, then, cowards, we’ll do it the hard way. | 那好吧 胆小鬼 我们只能采取强硬一点的方式了 |
[09:58] | Everyone is considered guilty | 你们每一个人都将被视为疑犯 |
[10:00] | and will be treated as such | 并将受到疑犯的待遇 |
[10:02] | until there’s a confession. | 直到有人自首为止 |
[10:05] | But by noon on thursday, someone’s head will roll. | 但是截止到周四的中午 你们中就得 有个人掉脑袋了 |
[10:12] | See who entered and exited the building. | 看看有什么人进出这座建筑物 |
[10:15] | I left Fey’s music box on my desk, and now it’s gone. | 我将Fey的音乐盒放在我的办公桌上 但现在却找不到了 |
[10:19] | Investigate everyone. | 仔细调查每个人 |
[10:21] | You have to find out who took it. | 你得查出是谁拿走了它 |
[10:22] | Why didn’t you burn it with the other things? | 你为什么不将它与其他东西一起烧了呢? |
[10:24] | I couldn’t. | 我不能 |
[10:25] | That music box is personal. | 那个音乐盒有私人感情在里面 |
[10:26] | But it connects you to Fey. | 但它将你和Fey联系在了一起 |
[10:28] | It could provide a motive. | 它会提供一个动机 |
[10:30] | Who knows about the affair? | 还有人知道你与Fey的亲密关系吗? |
[10:32] | No one. | 没了 |
[10:34] | No one but my wife. | 除了我妻子 |
[10:36] | We have two days to conceive and execute | 我们有两天的时间来构思并制作 |
[10:39] | an entirely new concept. | 一个全新的创意 |
[10:41] | If any of you have any plans, I need you to cancel ’em. | 如果你们有除工作之外的其他计划 我要你们取消 |
[10:45] | I want everyone working together to pull this off. | 我希望大家可以团结合作 度过这个难关 |
[10:47] | What Daniel’s trying to say is kiss your loved ones good-bye | Daniel想说的就是跟你们的爱人吻别 |
[10:50] | and expect to come home to dead pets. | 宠物就让它们死在家里好了 |
[10:53] | Schmoopy. | (Marc的宠物) 你们还等什么? |
[10:54] | Well, what are you waiting for? | 你们还等什么? |
[11:01] | You kicked me with your two-year-old shoes! | 你用你那穿了两年的旧鞋子踢我! |
[11:09] | Have something to be nervous about, Carol? | 有什么事令你这么紧张 Carol? |
[11:12] | I ate half a bagel. | 我吃了半个百吉饼 |
[11:18] | All three of us talked to Carlo Medina from “Isabella” last night. | 昨晚我们三个都和 “Isabella” 的Carlo Medina讲过话 |
[11:21] | What exactly did you tell him? | 你到底告诉他什么了? |
[11:23] | Not that much. | 没有多少 |
[11:25] | So you can tell me, | 告诉我 |
[11:27] | is Daniel Meade a complete incompetent | Daniel是个完全的无能之辈呢 |
[11:29] | or more like a slow-but-cute younger brother? | 还是一个慢半拍但却十分聪明的小弟弟? |
[11:32] | Neither. | 都不是 |
[11:33] | Daniel is a lot smarter than people think he is. | Daniel比人们想象的要聪明得多 |
[11:36] | Really? I just find that so hard to believe. | 真的吗? 我发现这个真的挺令人难以相信 |
[11:39] | Okay, well, like thursday, we have our feature shoot- | 好吧 比如说星期四 我们要拍摄我们的 中心彩页– |
[11:41] | a postapocalyptic Christmas. It’s really cool. | 一个末日后的圣诞节 这个创意真的很棒 |
[11:44] | We rented tanks, and it was all Daniel’s idea. Tanks. | 我们租了坦克 这全都是Daniel的主意 坦克呀 |
[11:48] | Ooh, Betty. Too bad. It looks like you’re the leak. | 哦 Betty 真糟糕 看起来你就是那个泄密者 |
[11:50] | Oh, well. You didn’t really fit in here anyway. | 哦 不管怎样 你真的不太适合这里 |
[11:51] | – Ta. – Wait, no! | 谢谢 等等 |
[11:52] | All I mentioned were tanks. | 不! 我就只提过坦克而已 |
[11:54] | You guys talked to him, too. | 你们俩也跟他说过话 |
[11:55] | Yeah, what did you talk to Carlo about? | 是啊 你和Carlo说什么了? |
[11:59] | Okay, first of all, he talked to me. | 好吧 首先 是他先跟我搭讪的 |
[12:03] | To assistants. | 敬助理们 |
[12:09] | What are you doing here all alone? | 你干嘛总是一个人呆着? |
[12:11] | That’s not like you. | 这一点都不像你 |
[12:12] | I just don’t understand it. She’s like Liza at the pride parade. | 我只是不能理解 |
[12:17] | Betty, Betty, Betty! | 她怎么会那么受欢迎 |
[12:19] | Oh, they just want to hear about the postapocalyptic Christmas spread. | 哦 他们只是想听她说 关于末日后圣诞节的创意 |
[12:22] | Is she taking credit for that? | 她在抢功劳吗? |
[12:24] | Wilhelmina’s the one who found the flak jackets. | 是Wilhelmina找到了防弹衣 |
[12:26] | There’s this hot new designer, Anh Vu-Tran- | 还有最新的热门设计师 Anh |
[12:29] | gonna be huge! | Vu-Tran 肯定会大红大紫! |
[12:32] | You featuring anyone else? | 还请了什么人? |
[12:33] | Oh, when you’ve got the best, | 哦 当你得到了最好的 |
[12:37] | you can forget the rest. | 就可以忘记其余的了 |
[12:39] | Okay, so we have tanks and flak jackets. | 好吧 这样我们就泄漏了坦克和防弹衣 |
[12:42] | I’m guessing the cosmo fountain might have spilled something, too. | 我猜这个大嘴巴 也泄漏了一些东西吧 |
[12:45] | I had one drink. | 我喝了杯酒 |
[12:48] | Unlike the two of you, I was actually trying to figure out | 不像你们两个 我本来是想 |
[12:50] | what was going on at “Isabella. “ | 套出 “Isabella” 在做什么的 |
[12:53] | So what are you guys doing for your holiday issue? | 你们为节日那期杂志在做什么? |
[12:57] | Oh, the usual-boring. | 哦 还不就是平常那些玩意– 烦死了 唔 |
[13:00] | I’m much more interested in hearing about you… | 我更感兴趣听你说说你… |
[13:03] | and your magazine. | 和你们的杂志 既然你问了 那我就告诉你吧 “时尚” 用了我的一个主意 |
[13:04] | Well, since you ask, “Mode” is using one of my ideas. | 既然你问了 那我就告诉你吧 “时尚” 用了我的一个主意 |
[13:07] | Do you know “Planet of the apes”? | 你知道”人猿星球”吗? |
[13:08] | I dressed as Dr. Zaius one Halloween. | 我万圣节的时候就打扮成Zaiusone博士 |
[13:10] | Mm. Well, we’re doing the statue of liberty scene, | 唔 我们在做自由女神像的场景 |
[13:12] | but with Santa buried half in the sand, holding up a new year’s baby. | 但是圣诞老人半埋在沙中 抱着一个新生的婴儿 |
[13:16] | I only know the movie ’cause I dated a geek once. | 我只知道这部电影 因为我曾经跟一个 群众演员约会过一次 |
[13:19] | Maybe you will again. | 也许你还想再来一次 |
[13:22] | Buy you another drink? | 再来一杯? |
[13:26] | Yes. | 好的 |
[13:29] | Carlo’s straight? | Carlo不是同志? |
[13:30] | So I guess this means all three of us need to go to Wilhelmina and confess. | 我想 我们三个 都要去Wilhelmina那坦白啊 |
[13:34] | No, no, no, no, no, no, no. | 不 不 不 不要 |
[13:36] | Have you been smoking one of your ponchos? | 你嗑药把脑子嗑晕了吧? |
[13:38] | There’s nothing to confess. We don’t know it was us. | 没什么好坦白的 我们不知道泄密的就是我们啊 |
[13:40] | How can you say that? | 你们怎么能这么说? |
[13:41] | We told three tiny parts of a giant shoot. | 我们都只说了冰山一小角 |
[13:44] | How’d “Isabella” find out about the burned out Christmas trees | “Isabella”是怎么知道 烧焦的圣诞树 |
[13:46] | or the scrap metal reindeer? | 和废金属驯鹿的呢? |
[13:48] | That must have been someone else. | 一定还有其他人 |
[13:49] | We have to keep quiet and hope that the real leaker is found. | 我们什么都别说 希望能找出真正的泄密者 |
[13:52] | No. I can’t do that. | 不行 我不能这么做 |
[13:53] | Look, I won’t say anything about you guys, | 嘿 我不会提到你们的 |
[13:55] | but I need to confess what I did. | 但是我要去坦白 |
[13:58] | There were only a few people from “Mode” at the Rack. | 聚会上只有少数人是”时尚”的员工 |
[14:00] | If you say the leak happened there, it’ll draw a line straight to us. | 如果你说是在那里泄密的 就会直接指向我们 |
[14:03] | Even if it does, they can’t fire all of us. | 就算这样 他们也不能把我们全炒了 |
[14:06] | Can’t they? | 不会吗? 图片部门 2003年 就因为在聚会上 |
[14:07] | Photo department, 2003- | 图片部门 2003年 就因为在聚会上 |
[14:09] | got axed for mentioning the words “sepia tones” at a party. | 提到了 “乌贼墨色” 而全体被炒 |
[14:12] | Well, look, I just-I don’t like lying. | 好吧 我只是…不喜欢撒谎 |
[14:17] | Neither do I. | 哦 我也不喜欢 |
[14:19] | Okay, that’s a lie, but we’re just asking you to omit. | 好吧 这是撒谎 我们只是要你忽略这个 |
[14:22] | It’s like a secret- our secret. | 就好像这是个秘密 我们的秘密 |
[14:25] | Look, you are one of us now, Betty- | 嘿 你现在是我们的一员了 Betty |
[14:28] | the assistants club. | 助理俱乐部 |
[14:30] | We have to protect each other. | 我们要互相保护 |
[14:36] | Well, I mean, I guess keeping quiet is better than getting you guys fired. | 好吧 我是说 我想 保持沉默 总比你们被开除好 |
[14:41] | Then we’re agreed? | 我们说定了? |
[14:47] | Yeah, okay. | 好吧 |
[14:49] | We’re all in this together. | 我们在同一条船上了 |
[15:07] | Maybe she’s different now, you know? | 也许现在 她不一样了呢? |
[15:10] | Fancy job and drinking… | 很好的工作 喝酒…. |
[15:13] | You cheated on her. | 你背叛了她 |
[15:16] | I know, I know. God, why did I do that? | 我知道 天哪 我干吗要那么做啊? |
[15:21] | Very, very sorry about that. | 非常 |
[15:23] | It’s just-I… | 非常抱歉 |
[15:26] | I love her. | 我只是… 我爱她 |
[15:32] | I can fix that. | 我能修好它 哦 |
[15:35] | Oh, wait a minute. You like it in spanish. | 等等 你喜欢西班牙语的 |
[15:38] | Oh, you know, many years ago, | 哦 你知道的 很多年前 |
[15:42] | I had a fight with, um, Betty’s mother- | 我曾经和Betty的妈妈 |
[15:44] | a big one. | 有过一次很严重的吵架 |
[15:46] | She banned me from our bed for a week. | 她一周都不让我上床 |
[15:48] | Ouch. | 哎哟 |
[15:53] | I knew I had to do something good. | 我知道 我要表现好点 |
[15:57] | So I thought of her favorite movie, “Pretty woman,” | 所以呢 我想到了她最喜欢的电影 “Pretty Woman”(风月俏佳人) |
[16:01] | and I stole a page from Richard Gere. | 我从Richard Gere(理查 基尔)那学了一招 |
[16:05] | What do you mean? Like… you paid her? | 什么意思? 是说… 你付她钱了? |
[16:09] | No. | 不是 |
[16:11] | I did the scene from the end of the movie, Walter, | Walter 我学了电影的最后一幕 |
[16:13] | when he climbs up the fire escape and declares his love for her. | 他爬上防火梯 宣布 他爱她 |
[16:19] | Wait a minute. That-that’s not supposed to happen. | 等等 这…怎么会这样 |
[16:27] | Well… | 好了… |
[16:29] | it worked like a charm. | 这非常有效 |
[16:32] | Yeah, I don’t know. | 恩 我不知道 我不知道 |
[16:34] | I don’t know if a big, romantic gesture will work on the new Betty. | 如果 非常浪漫的姿态 对新的Betty有用 |
[16:38] | There is no new Betty. | 没有什么新的Betty |
[16:39] | Just new surroundings. | 只是新环境而已 |
[16:41] | Betty is the same. | Betty还是Betty 哦 |
[16:45] | I guess you’re right. | 我想 你是对的 |
[16:49] | – Did you do that? – Uh, no. | 你做的? |
[16:50] | That’s actually the phone. | 不是 的确是电话铃 |
[16:54] | Hello? | 喂? |
[16:55] | This is Anne Frazier from mercer park regional H.M.O. | 我是Mercer Park地区健康维护组织 的Anne Frazier |
[16:58] | I’m just calling to confirm your 2:00 appointment. | 我只是来确认一下 2:00 你在这有约 |
[17:01] | Actually, uh… that’s a mistake. | 实际上…这是个误会 |
[17:03] | Uh, I don’t-I don’t need to come in. | 我…我不需要去 |
[17:05] | Are you sure? | 你确定? |
[17:06] | A Betty Suarez called at least 25 times. | Betty Suarez至少打了25次电话 |
[17:09] | No. It won’t be necessary. | 不 不用了 |
[17:11] | Well, it sounded like you have some pretty legitimate claim. | 你是有这些合法权益的 |
[17:14] | No. Thank you. | 不用了 谢谢 |
[17:18] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[17:34] | What are you gonna tell him? | 你要对他说什么? |
[17:35] | What are you gonna tell? | 你要说什么呢? |
[17:37] | You know, we might be better off not saying anything to Bradford. | 对Bradford只字不提 我们也许能好过点 |
[17:40] | Mm. You sure that’s a good idea? | 你肯定这是个好主意? |
[17:42] | Dad’s approved every holiday spread since 1986. | 爸爸批准了自1986年以来每期的节日彩页 |
[17:45] | Well, as the top two people here, we need to protect each other. | 恩 作为这里的两个头 我们要互相保护 |
[17:48] | And even though it wasn’t our fault that there was a leak, | 尽管 有泄密者不是我们的错 |
[17:51] | we’ll both be blamed if we admit it before we have a fix. | 但如果我们在作出补救措施之前就坦白 那我俩都会挨批 |
[18:08] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[18:10] | This will be our secret. | 这是我们的秘密 |
[18:12] | We’ll work with each other… | 我们一起合作…来补救 |
[18:13] | to fix it. | |
[18:15] | I’ll start with the leak. | 我先查泄密者 |
[18:17] | I’ll tackle the new spread. | 我来解决新的彩页方案 |
[18:19] | Perfect. | 很好 |
[18:22] | We’re in this together. | 大家有难同当 |
[18:25] | Are you as creeped out as I am? | 你是不是和我一样起鸡皮疙瘩? |
[18:27] | More. | 比你更多 |
[18:31] | Oh, there you are. | 哦 你在这 |
[18:33] | Here I am. | 我在这 |
[18:34] | I want you to call the agency. Tell them the concept is changing. | 给代理商打电话 告诉他们 概念改了 你去把那些我们 |
[18:37] | I want you to get the wardrobe we rejected, and I want to see it again. | 否决了的衣服找回来 我想再看看 |
[18:40] | Dig up the back holiday issues of for the last 50 years, | 找出过去50年里”时尚”做过的节日专题 |
[18:43] | photocopy the feature spreads, distribute them to the editors. | 复印那些彩页 分发给编辑们 |
[18:46] | Do you work here? | 你在这工作吗? |
[18:47] | Someday. | 我倒想 |
[18:49] | This is my nephew. Um, he’s just doing a school- | 这是我侄子 他在做一个学校的课题 |
[18:51] | – Amanda. – Yes? | 啊? |
[18:52] | We need you to get snacks and water. | 啊? 我要你去卖点快餐和水 |
[18:54] | Flat and sparkling, half cold, half room temp, | 纯水和苏打水 一半冰的 一半温的 |
[18:56] | and when you get back with those, we’ll need to get lunches | 你带回这些的时候 我们就要吃午饭了 |
[18:58] | because no one is leaving this building. | 因为任何人都不能离开这里 |
[18:59] | But who’s gonna answer the phones? | 但是谁来接电话呢? |
[19:01] | Get an intern. | 让实习生接吧 |
[19:02] | Please, let it be Narciso Rodriguez. | 拜托 一定要是Narciso Rodriguez (时装设计师) |
[19:04] | Daniel Meade’s office. | Daniel Meade办公室 |
[19:06] | Daniel Meade, please. | 找Daniel Meade 谢谢 |
[19:08] | It’s her. | 是她 |
[19:09] | I told her I’m not taking her calls till she tells me who she is. | 我告诉过她 她不说她是谁 我就不会接她电话 |
[19:13] | I’m sorry, unless I can say who’s calling, | 对不起 除非我知道是谁打来的电话 |
[19:15] | I’m gonna have to take a message. | 否则我只能给他留下信息 |
[19:17] | Oh, well, then | 恩 好的 |
[19:19] | tell Daniel we both know his father’s been acting very strangely. | 告诉Daniel 我们都知道 他爸爸最近有点怪 |
[19:23] | He’s a man of many secrets, | 他身上有很多秘密 |
[19:25] | and one of them is in the music box. | 其中一个在音乐盒里面 |
[19:28] | “In the music box”? I have no idea what that means. | “音乐盒”? 我不知道这是什么意思 |
[19:31] | It’ll come to you, dear. | 你很快就会明白了 亲爱的 |
[19:39] | So tell me who you know at “Isabella. “ | 告诉我 “Isabella”里 你认识谁? |
[19:51] | You don’t have any reindeer? | 你们没有驯鹿了? |
[19:53] | What about a big goat? | 那大山羊呢? |
[19:55] | Wait hold on. I have another line. | 等等 又有电话了 |
[20:01] | Hello? | 喂? |
[20:02] | Styles just came out. They still have jobs. | 喂? 风格部的人出来了 她们还能工作 |
[20:05] | – That’s good. – That’s horrendous. | 太好了 那太可怕了 |
[20:06] | But features goes in at noon. | 但是 特写部中午要进去 |
[20:08] | Pray. | 祈祷吧 |
[20:26] | Hello? | 喂? |
[20:27] | Features went in at 12:00, came out at 12:20. | 喂? 特写部的人12点进去 12点20分出来了 |
[20:30] | They’re still employed. | 他们没有被炒掉 |
[20:48] | Hello? | 喂? |
[20:50] | Oh. One second. | 哦 等等 |
[20:53] | – Marc? – Photo editors cleared. | 图片编辑部安全 配饰部安全 |
[20:55] | Accessories cleared. Art department cleared. | 美工部 安全 |
[20:59] | Well, how many departments are left? | 好了 还剩多少部门? |
[21:01] | Beauty and accounting. | 造型和会计 |
[21:02] | Well, you know those virgins in accounting didn’t do it. | 你知道那些纯洁的会计是不会做的 |
[21:06] | We’ll hope the sluts in beauty did. | 希望是造型部的人做的 |
[21:09] | Good luck. | 好运 |
[21:15] | I want to strangle that filthy rat | 我想勒死那个泄露 |
[21:17] | – that leaked the spread. – This dress is fabulous. | 彩页的肮脏的老鼠 这裙子太棒了 |
[21:20] | I bet it was that bitch, skinny Carol. | 我打赌一定是那个婊子 瘦猴子Carol |
[21:22] | I think I’d belt it. | 我想要加根腰带 |
[21:23] | That, young man, is vintage Valentino. | 嘿 年轻人 这可是Vintage Valentino的 |
[21:25] | – I’m just saying. – Really? Do you think? | – 我只是说说 – 是吗 你这么想? |
[21:27] | Go on then. Go on to the accessory closet. | 那去吧 去那边配件仓库 |
[21:29] | Get a belt, and we’ll see what it looks like. Go on. | 拿个腰带 看看会怎么样 |
[21:31] | Wait. Hurry back. We gotta go get dinners. | 等等 快点回来 我们要去吃晚饭了 |
[21:33] | Oh, leave him here. He’s having fun. He’s all right. | 哦 让他在这吧 他正玩得开心呢 他没事 |
[21:35] | Really? | 真的? |
[21:36] | Yeah. Besides, I got some elf costumes I need to fit later on, | 真的? 对 而且 我等会还有 小精灵的衣服要做 |
[21:38] | and little people sort of make me nervous. | 这些小人 让我有点紧张 |
[21:40] | Well, thank you. | 好的 谢谢 |
[21:42] | Okay. No. | 好的 |
[21:54] | Betty. | 不行 |
[21:56] | Me? | 我吗? |
[21:57] | Could I have a moment, please? | 我吗? 占用点你时间可以不? |
[21:59] | Um, did I do something wrong? | 我做错什么了吗? |
[22:01] | Daniel’s been receiving nuisance phone calls from a strange woman. | Daniel曾经接到过一个陌生女人的 讨厌的电话 |
[22:05] | I assume you listen in? | 我想 是你听的 对吗? |
[22:07] | Yes, sir. Um… | 是的 先生… |
[22:08] | she wouldn’t tell us who she is. | 她不说她是谁 |
[22:11] | Well, we think she might be a designer we fired a couple of years ago. | 我们认为她可能是 我们两年前炒掉的 |
[22:14] | She threatens to sue from time to time. | 一个设计师 她不时威胁要控告我们 |
[22:16] | Has she called recently? | 最近她有打电话吗? |
[22:18] | Yes, yes, this morning actually. | 有 就今天早上 |
[22:19] | Um… it didn’t make much sense. | 不知道说些什么东西 |
[22:22] | Still, I’d like to know exactly | 由于些法律上的原因 |
[22:24] | what she said for certain legal reasons. | 我还是想要知道 她具体说了什么 |
[22:28] | Uh, well, she said that, uh, you’ve been acting very strangely, | 好的 她说 你最近表现有点怪 |
[22:31] | and you have many secrets, and one of them is in the music box. | 你有很多秘密 其中一个 就在一个音乐盒里 |
[22:36] | Music box? | 音乐盒? |
[22:38] | Did she say where this music box might be? | 她有说 这音乐盒在哪里吗? |
[22:40] | No. I-I asked her. | 没有 我…我问了 |
[22:42] | Um… she wouldn’t say anything. She’s not very forthcoming. | 她什么都没说 她不是很配合 |
[22:45] | Well, she’s certainly intent on wasting our time. | 看来她就是想要 浪费我们时间啊 |
[22:57] | Excuse me! | 对不起! 天哪 |
[23:00] | Wilhelmina’s dinner. | Wilhelmina的晚饭 |
[23:02] | Beauty cleared. | 造型部没问题了 |
[23:04] | What are we supposed to do? | 那我们该怎么办? |
[23:05] | That depends. Did you hit the powerball last night? | 你昨晚中Powerball大奖了吗? |
[23:07] | – No. – Then keep quiet. | 没有 那就保持沉默吧 |
[23:10] | Hey! | 嘿 |
[23:11] | It’s not yours. | 这不是给你的 |
[23:13] | Here’s your dinner. | 你的晚餐 |
[23:15] | – You must be starving. – Thanks. | 你一定饿了 |
[23:17] | You know what? You can take off. | 谢谢 你可以走了 |
[23:19] | I’m sure your nephew is sick of the closet by now anyway. | 我肯定 你侄子现在 一定厌倦了那衣柜了 |
[23:23] | You worked hard today. | 你今天工作很努力 |
[23:26] | Okay. | 好的 |
[23:29] | You know what, Daniel? I have something to say. | 你知道吗 Daniel? 我要告诉你些事情 |
[23:32] | The night before the leak, I was at the Rack, | 泄密的前一天晚上 我去了聚会 |
[23:34] | and I was talking to a guy from “Isabella”- | 我和一个”Isabella”的家伙… |
[23:36] | You know what, Betty? | Betty 你知道吗? |
[23:38] | I don’t really have time to hear about this right now. | 我现在真的没有时间听这个 |
[23:41] | You told me not to hide things from you, Daniel. | 你告诉过我 不要对你隐瞒任何事 Daniel |
[23:45] | Listen to me. | 听我说 |
[23:46] | I don’t have to know about everything. | 我不需要知道每一件事情的 |
[23:49] | Especially if knowing about it means I’d end up losing you. | 特别是 如果那意味着 我要失去你的话 |
[23:55] | So… have a great night. | 所以…晚安 |
[24:09] | I got your favorite salad-endive and arugula. | 我给你要了你最喜欢的沙拉 荷兰莴苣和芝麻菜 |
[24:13] | No dressing, but I did get a few extra lemon slices | 没有调味品 但是加了双份柠檬片 |
[24:17] | because, well, you’ve earned them. | 因为…你就应该吃这样的 是菊苣吗? |
[24:21] | No, no. | 不是 |
[24:26] | They were? | 他们是吗? |
[24:29] | You’ll notice I ripped your lettuce into bite-sized pieces | 你看 |
[24:32] | and decobbed your baby corn. | 我把莴苣撕成合口的小片 把玉米笋也切块了 |
[24:34] | Interesting. | 很有趣 |
[24:37] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[24:40] | Was Carlo Medina from “Isabella” at the Rack last night? | “Isabella”的Carlo Medina |
[24:44] | Hmm? | 昨晚也去聚会了? 嗯… |
[25:03] | There’s also a product closet, | 那边还有产品陈列橱 |
[25:06] | like, with moisturizers and hair balms | 比如说 保湿霜啊 护发素啊 |
[25:09] | and there’s ten different kinds of- | 还有10种不同的… |
[25:10] | Justin, why don’t you put all of that stuff in your paper? | Justin 你干吗不把这些 都写到你的文章里呢? |
[25:15] | Fine. | 很好 |
[25:18] | Is somebody gonna get that? | 有人去开门吗? |
[25:22] | I guess not. | 我想没有 |
[25:28] | Ew. Wilhelmina wants to see us at 10:00 tomorrow. | 恩 Wilhelmina明天10点要见我们 |
[25:32] | She knows. | 她知道了 |
[25:51] | Oh, my god. I have that same Jesus night-light. | 哦 天哪 我也有这样的夜光的上帝 |
[25:55] | So this is very… flea market chic. | 嗯 很有…跳蚤市场的时髦风格 |
[25:59] | Ah, these must be your friends from, uh, “The Mode. “ | 嗯 这一定是你…在”时尚”的朋友吧 |
[26:02] | Just “Mode,” dad. | 是”时尚” 爸爸 |
[26:03] | Um, this is my father Ignacio and my sister Hilda. | 嗯 这是我爸爸 Ignacioand 这是我姐姐Hilda |
[26:07] | Ho-la. | 你…好… |
[26:09] | It’s, uh, “hola. “ | 嗯 是”你好” |
[26:12] | No. | 不 |
[26:13] | There’s an “h” in it. | 后面有个”h” |
[26:14] | Betty? | 这个乳液是用钻石粉末和… |
[26:16] | This lotion is made from crushed diamonds and… | 这个乳液是用钻石粉末和… |
[26:19] | Hey, guys. I didn’t know you were here. | 嘿 伙计 我不知道你们在这 |
[26:22] | Nice. You stole the good stuff. | 很好啊 你偷到好东西了 |
[26:24] | Justin | Justin. |
[26:25] | Homework. | 做功课去 |
[26:31] | Oh, um… Amanda, those are plastic. | 哦 唔… Amanda 那些是塑料的 |
[26:34] | Ew. | 喔 Betty 也许我们应该招呼你的朋友们 吃点点心 |
[26:35] | Betty, maybe we should offer your friends a snack. | Betty 也许我们应该招呼你的朋友们 吃点点心 |
[26:38] | We have flan. | 我们有现成的果馅饼 |
[26:40] | What’s a flan? | 那是什么? |
[26:41] | It’s a delicious custard. | 一种美味的水果牛奶蛋糕 |
[26:43] | Oh, bring it. | 哦 给我拿点 |
[26:57] | How about a “Lawrence of Arabia” Christmas? | “阿拉伯的劳伦斯”圣诞节 这个创意如何? |
[27:02] | I don’t even know what that means. | 我甚至搞不清那有什么意义 |
[27:03] | It means that we can use the 21 tons of sand that are already there. | 这意味着我们可以使用 已经准备好的21吨沙子 |
[27:15] | Okay. All right. Off that, the sand… | 好吧 到此为止 那些沙子… |
[27:20] | is desert sand like Africa, so maybe instead of Christmas, | 是非洲那种沙漠砂石 也许我们可以不用圣诞节 |
[27:24] | we do other winter holidays. Kwanzaa? | 而用其他的冬季节日作为主题 比如说宽札节(美国非洲裔黑人的节日)? |
[27:26] | Did you just gesture at me when you said Kwanzaa? | 你说宽札节是在指我吗? |
[27:28] | No. | 没 |
[27:40] | How about this? | 这个怎么样? |
[27:42] | Fey’s sleigh ride- | Fey的雪橇创意– |
[27:44] | the biggest-selling holiday issue in the history of “Mode. “ | “时尚” 历史上最畅销的一期节日特刊 |
[27:47] | 1986. | 1986年的 |
[27:49] | Yeah, I know it well. | 是的 我了解得很清楚 |
[27:50] | Let me see that. | 让我看看 |
[27:55] | It’s traditional. I like it. | 传统的创意 我喜欢 |
[27:58] | Old is the new new. | 传统即时尚嘛 |
[27:59] | When Fey put herself in the photo, it sent shock waves. | Fey自己亲自出现在照片中的举动 产生了强烈的冲击 |
[28:02] | No editor ever appeared in the center spread. | 以前还从没有编辑出现 在杂志的中心彩页上 |
[28:05] | I think in the year of her death, | 我想在她逝去的这个圣诞节 一只空的雪橇 |
[28:07] | an empty sleigh would be a nice tribute. | 是很不错的致敬 |
[28:15] | What do you think? | 你怎么看? |
[28:17] | Yeah. | 好吧 |
[28:19] | Let’s do it. | 就这么办吧 |
[28:22] | We’re pinning it on Fat Carol. | 我们得把错误推到肥Caro身上 |
[28:24] | What? | 什么? 当Wilhelmina叫我们进去的时候 我们总得说点什么 |
[28:25] | Well, we have to say something when Wilhelmina calls us in. | 当Wilhelmina叫我们进去的时候 我们总得说点什么 |
[28:27] | Marc, that’s not fair. She didn’t do anything. | Marc 那不公平 她什么也没做 |
[28:29] | You know she calls you “Fat Betty,” right? | 你知道她叫你”肥Betty” 是吧? |
[28:31] | See? This is why I hate secrets because they turn into lies, | 瞧 这就是我讨厌秘密的原因 因为这会导致谎言 |
[28:33] | which are much worse. | 而说谎要比知情不报糟得多 肥Carol不喜欢她的工作 |
[28:34] | Fat Carol hates her job. | 肥Carol不喜欢她的工作 如果她在意的话 她怎么会吃那么多烤乳酪呢? |
[28:36] | Would she eat so many grilled cheeses if she cared? | 如果她在意的话 她怎么会吃那么多烤乳酪呢? |
[28:38] | Betty | Betty, we’re doing this for you. |
[28:40] | We could get other jobs, but | 我们这是为你好 即使被炒掉 |
[28:42] | look how long it took you to land this one. | 我们还可以找到其他的工作 但是看看你花了多少时间才得到这份工作 |
[28:45] | Well, I just didn’t realize that keeping so many secrets | 我不曾意识到保守这么多的秘密 |
[28:47] | was such a big part of my job description. | 是我工作中如此重要的一部分 |
[28:49] | Betty… | |
[28:53] | do you have another pan of this stuff? | 能再给我来一盘这东西吗? |
[29:02] | You’re disgusting. | 你真恶心 |
[29:06] | Healthy appetite that girl has. | 那女孩胃口还真好 |
[29:10] | Don’t tell her we have ice cream. | 别告诉她我们还有冰淇淋 |
[29:19] | You know, Betty… | Betty 你知道… |
[29:21] | sometimes… | 有时… |
[29:23] | we have to keep secrets to survive. | 我们不得不缄口而求生存 |
[29:45] | Hold it! | 等等! |
[29:53] | You know, it’s too bad about your Wilhelmina meeting. | 你们知道吗 与Wilhelmina的会面真是糟糕啊 |
[29:56] | We’ll miss you around here. | 这里的同事们会想念你们的 |
[29:59] | Shut up, Carol. | 闭嘴 Carol |
[30:01] | I don’t know if there’s rehab for… whatever this is, | 我不知道是否你们还有机会复职… 不管怎样 |
[30:06] | but consider it before starting the job hunt. | 但是在找工作之前 考虑一下吧 |
[30:09] | And, Betty, I think I might miss you most of all. | 还有 Betty 我想我会最想你的 |
[30:14] | It was nice having someone Fatter than me. | 能有个人比我胖真好啊 |
[30:18] | Fat Carol. | 肥Carol |
[30:20] | Fat Carol. | 肥Carol |
[30:23] | Fat Carol. | 肥Carol |
[30:29] | Good morning, Daniel. Here’s your coffee. | 早上好 Daniel 这是你的咖啡 |
[30:31] | I didn’t realize you were gonna come in so early. | 我没想到你会来得这么早 |
[30:38] | Where’d you get that? | 你从哪儿弄来的? |
[30:40] | Are you okay? Do you need me to get you something? | 你还好吗? 要我为你做点什么吗? |
[30:46] | When I was 12, | 当我12岁的时候 |
[30:48] | I had the worst Christmas of my life. | 我度过了人生中最糟糕的一个圣诞节 |
[30:50] | My, uh… | 我 |
[30:52] | father had just gotten back from Switzerland, | 唔… 父亲从瑞士回来 |
[30:55] | brought my mom… a music box. | 为我母亲带了…一个音乐盒 |
[30:57] | Exactly like this. | 就和这个一模一样 |
[30:59] | She loved it. | 她非常喜欢 |
[31:01] | A few days later, she hid the thing in the attic… | 几天以后 她把它丢在了阁楼… |
[31:08] | set fire to a thousand copies of “Mode” magazine. | 烧了数千份”时尚”杂志 |
[31:13] | No one would ever tell me why. | 没有人告诉我这是为什么 |
[31:16] | So is this your mother’s? | 这么说 这个是你母亲的? |
[31:18] | No. This… appeared here this morning. | 不 这个…是今天早上才出现在这里的 |
[31:22] | Apparently my father bought two of them- | 很显然 我父亲当时买了两个音乐盒– |
[31:24] | one for his wife | 一个给了他的妻子 还有 |
[31:26] | and, uh, one… | 唔 一个… |
[31:34] | For his mistress. | 给了他的情妇 |
[31:37] | That’s why Fey put herself in the feature spread. | 这就是Fey要亲自出现在中心彩页的原因 |
[31:41] | She was flaunting the affair in my mother’s face. | 她在向我母亲炫耀与我父亲的亲密关系 |
[31:45] | I’m sorry, Daniel. | 我很抱歉 Daniel |
[31:48] | Was there anything inside? | 这里面有什么东西吗? |
[31:53] | You know, the top lifts out. | 你知道 上面这一层是可以打开的 |
[32:06] | This woman is trying to connect your father to Fey Sommers. | 这个女人想把你父亲与Fey Sommers 联系在一起 |
[32:09] | She’s trying to do more than that, Betty. | 她想做的还不止这些 Betty |
[32:11] | She’s trying to connect my dad to Fey’s death. | 她想将我父亲与Fey的死联系在一起 |
[32:16] | I just got back from the studio. | 我刚从工作室回来 |
[32:18] | There’s still 21 tons of sand sitting there. | 21吨沙子还在那儿呢 |
[32:20] | Maybe I should just go to the paramus mall | 也许我该去Paramus购物广场 |
[32:22] | and take pictures of kids with Santa. | 照些孩子们与圣诞老人的照片 |
[32:26] | No. I know what we can do with that sand. | 不 我知道我们可以怎么用那些沙子了 |
[32:29] | Follow me to the art department. Come on. | 跟我一起去艺术部 快点 |
[32:31] | Wait. Daniel? | 等一下 Daniel? |
[32:33] | You should probably know that I have a meeting | 你应该知道 |
[32:35] | with Wilhelmina in five minutes. | 五分钟后Wilhelmina要见我 |
[32:39] | Really? You? | 真的? 你吗? |
[32:41] | Yeah, me and-and Amanda and Marc. | 是的 我…还有Amanda和Marc |
[32:44] | You sure you know what you’re doing? | 你清楚自己在做什么吗? |
[32:46] | Not a clue. | 一点都不知道 |
[32:48] | Just be careful what you say. | 小心你的言辞 |
[32:56] | Justin, what are you doing here? | Justin 你在这里干嘛? |
[32:58] | I have to do some more research for my paper. | 我得为我的论文再做些调查 |
[33:00] | Sit down. Thank you, Marc. | 坐吧 谢谢你 Marc |
[33:04] | Daniel Meade’s office. | Daniel Meade的办公室 |
[33:05] | Justin’s school just called. He’s not there. Is he with you? | Justin的学校刚来了电话 说他不在学校 他在你那里吗? |
[33:08] | Yeah, he’s-he’s right here. | 是的 他…他就在这儿 |
[33:10] | I’m gonna kill him. | 我要杀了他 |
[33:11] | I knew this would happen. | 我就知道会这样 |
[33:13] | The fashion world is no place for a boy his age. | 时尚界不是他这个年纪的男孩该待的地方 |
[33:16] | Well, he said he has to do more work for his paper. | 嗯 他说他还得为他的论文再做些调查 |
[33:18] | Wake up, Betty. There is no paper. | 醒醒吧 Betty 根本就没有什么论文 |
[33:21] | What? | 什么? 是的 整件事都是他编出来的 这样他就可以逃学 |
[33:22] | Yeah, he made the whe thing up so he could just ditch school | 是的 整件事都是他编出来的 这样他就可以逃学 |
[33:24] | and spend time in your world. | 可以去你的时尚圈子见识一下 |
[33:26] | Well, I didn’t know. | 是嘛 我不知道 |
[33:28] | I don’t even know how to deal with it. | 我甚至不知道该怎么处理 |
[33:29] | I don’t-I don’t know what I’m gonna do with that boy. | 我…我真的不知道该拿这孩子怎么办 |
[33:31] | You tell him that he is in big trouble when he gets home. | 你告诉他 等他回家 他有大麻烦了 |
[33:38] | So… you’re ditching? | 这么说… 你是逃学来的吗? |
[33:41] | It’s not a big deal. I’m missing P.E. and art. | 这不算什么大事 我的体育和美术都不及格 |
[33:44] | We’re sketching fruit. | 老师总让我们画水果的素描 |
[33:45] | That’s not the point. | 这不是问题所在 |
[33:47] | Justin, this place that you think is so glamorous… | Justin 你认为极具魅力的这个地方… |
[33:50] | it’s not all it’s cracked up to be. | 完全不是你想象的样子 |
[33:52] | It’s people deceiving each other and… hiding things | 在这里 人们互相欺骗…隐瞒事情 |
[33:56] | and all kinds of stuff that’s not good for a kid to be around. | 而所有这些都不适合一个孩子接触 |
[34:01] | Someday, maybe you’ll end up working in a place like this, | 也许有一天你也会在这样的一个地方工作 |
[34:04] | but you’re not gonna get very far in life by lying. | 但是说谎不会令你 在人生的道路上走得很远 |
[34:08] | That is not who we are. | 我们不是那样的人 |
[34:13] | Showtime. | 该上场了 |
[34:18] | Stay here and don’t move. | 呆在这里 别走开 |
[34:25] | Shall I ask questions, or do you want to just tell me what you know? | 是要我来问呢 还是你们自己说出你们所知道的情况? |
[34:30] | Well, we were all at the Rack on tuesday night, | 周二晚上我们都参加了聚会 |
[34:33] | and we just realized that we all saw the same thing- | 而且我们刚刚意识到 我们都看到了同样的事情 |
[34:38] | someone talking to Carlo Medina from “Isabella. “ | 有人跟”Isabella”杂志 的Carlo Medina谈过话 |
[34:41] | Now as much as it hurts us to rat out a friend, | 虽然出卖朋友我们也很痛心 |
[34:45] | we have to tell you. | 但是我们不得不告诉您 |
[34:47] | It was Fat Carol. | 是肥Carol |
[34:49] | I saw her, too. | 我也看到了 |
[34:50] | Fat Carol leaked the spread. Betty? | 是肥Carol泄漏了创意 |
[34:57] | Is that what you saw? | 你也看到了吗? |
[35:07] | No. | 不 |
[35:09] | It was me. | 是我 |
[35:15] | I told Carlo everything. | 是我告诉Carlo所有的创意 |
[35:31] | You can go. | 你们可以出去了 |
[35:33] | What?! | 什么?! |
[35:35] | Aren’t you gonna fire her? | 难道你不炒掉她吗? |
[35:37] | If I fire her, Amanda, I’d have to fire all of you. | 如果我炒了她 Amanda 那么我就得炒了你们三个 |
[35:40] | You’re not the only one with informants. | 你不是唯一的一个泄密者 |
[35:43] | I know exactly what happened. | 我很清楚发生了什么 |
[35:45] | The three of you might have leaked a portion of the spread, | 你们三个大概每人泄漏了一部分创意 |
[35:48] | but that disgusting Fat Carol | 但是那个恶心的肥Carol |
[35:51] | slept with Carlo | 与Carlo睡了 |
[35:53] | and spilled everything. | 并告诉了他所有的创意 |
[35:55] | – He slept with Fat Carol?! | – He slept with Fat Carol?! 他睡了肥Carol?! |
[35:58] | He did what he had to do for his magazine. | 他为了他的杂志全力以赴不惜一切 |
[36:00] | So what happens now? | 那现在您会怎么处理我们? |
[36:03] | Well, I’ll consider the last day and a half your punishment. | 我还要再考虑一下对你们的惩罚 |
[36:07] | You were drunk, you were horny and you were… naive. | 你喝醉了 你太粗心 而你… 太天真 |
[36:13] | Fat Carol on the other hand, | 另一方面 |
[36:16] | gave it up intentionally. | 肥Carol却是故意泄密的 |
[36:18] | She gets the axe. | 她应该被炒掉 |
[36:21] | Now go before I change my mind. | 现在趁我改变主意之前赶快离开 |
[36:24] | Go! | 出去! |
[36:36] | It’s Christmas in october. | 十月份的圣诞节 |
[36:41] | Oh, my god! | 哦 我的天啊! |
[36:42] | It’s just like “Top Model,” except no one’s crying. | 除了没有人哭以外 就像”超模选秀”节目一样 |
[36:46] | Justin | Justin, go sit in that chair and don’t talk to anybody |
[36:49] | unless they talk to you first. | 坐到那张椅子上去 不要跟任何人说话除非他们先跟你说话 |
[36:51] | So Wilhelmina told me what happened. | Wilhelmina已经全都告诉我了 |
[36:53] | Daniel, I’m sorry… for everything. | Daniel 我很抱歉… 为这一切 |
[36:56] | You know, it’s okay to hide things sometimes, | 你知道吗 有时隐瞒一些事情 也是可以接受的 |
[36:59] | especially if not hiding them means I might lose you. | 尤其是如果你不隐瞒 我就要失去你的时候 |
[37:03] | Here. | 给你 |
[37:06] | Shoo. | 走开 |
[37:11] | – Nice vest. – Ralph Lauren. | 很不错的背心 Ralph lauren的 半价买的 |
[37:13] | We got it half-price because there’s a small hole, | 因为有个小洞 但你几乎看不见 |
[37:15] | but you can’t even see it. | 那么…学校的同学们 他们喜欢吗? |
[37:16] | So… kids at school- | 那么…学校的同学们 他们喜欢吗? |
[37:19] | they like it? | 不 他们一点都不了解我 |
[37:20] | No. They don’t really get me. | 不 他们一点都不了解我 |
[37:24] | Word of advice- | 一点建议–做你想做的 |
[37:26] | be who you are, wear what you want, | 穿你想穿的 |
[37:29] | just learn how to run real fast. | 只是要学学怎样才能真的跑得快 |
[37:33] | All right, everyone. Let’s go, Marc! | 好了 大家准备 我们得开始了 Marc! |
[37:37] | We need to shoot in five. Step it up, people. | 我们得在五点以前搞定 加快速度 伙计们 |
[37:41] | Hold it. | 等一下 |
[37:42] | This isn’t the concept I approved. | 我没批准这个创意 |
[37:45] | I’ve had final say on every holiday spread for the last 20 years. | 20年来我一直对每一期节日特刊 有最后决定权 |
[37:50] | Some things came up last minute that couldn’t be avoided. | 某些无法避免的事情在最后时刻发生了 |
[37:53] | Our job is to fix the problem, Bradford, | 我们的工作就是解决问题 Bradford |
[37:56] | not to burden you with it. | 而不是把问题推给你 |
[37:58] | You two are so full of crap. | 你们两个真是废话 |
[38:02] | Lucky for you, it looks quite good- | 你们运气不错 看起来还可以– |
[38:05] | maybe even better than Fey’s. | 也许比Fey的创意还要好 |
[38:07] | – Okay, uh, let’s- – Hold on. | 好吧 嗯 让我们– 等一下 |
[38:11] | You know, there’s one thing missing. | 你瞧 还漏了一件东西 |
[38:27] | Where did you find that? | 你在哪儿找到的? |
[38:29] | The attic. | 阁楼 |
[38:31] | I remembered mom had it. | 我记得妈妈把它放在那儿了 |
[38:35] | Looks just like the one Fey had, don’t you think? | 看起来就像是Fey的那一个 不是吗? 给我的挚爱Clair |
[38:41] | Yes. Almost identical. | 是的 几乎一模一样 |
[38:45] | Good job, son. | 做得好 儿子 |
[38:47] | Okay. Can we get this thing going? | 好了 我们可以开始了? |
[38:51] | My hair is gray, and I’m driving to the early bird special with my blinkers on. | 我的头发是灰色的 我正带着我的护目镜 朝着在这个特别的日子里早起的人们驶去 |
[38:56] | What about the sand? Isn’t that from the old shoot? | 沙子是怎么回事? |
[38:58] | Justin. | 那不是原来的创意里的吗? |
[39:00] | Say “snow. “ | 说 “雪” |
[39:04] | Snow. | 雪 |
[39:13] | Snow is a magical blanket. | 雪是魔毯 |
[39:16] | It hides what’s ugly and makes everything beautiful. | 它将丑陋的东西掩盖起来 让一切都看起来很美 |
[39:34] | I’m sorry, but your father’s not who he says he is. | 我很抱歉 但是你父亲 不是他所说的那个人 |
[39:37] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不明白你在说什么 |
[39:39] | According to our records, | 根据我们的记录 |
[39:41] | Ignacio Suarez is 117 years old… | Ignacio Suarezis 117岁… |
[39:45] | and dead. | 而且已经去世了 很明显 这是个错误 |
[39:46] | Well, obviously that’s a mistake. | 很明显 这是个错误 |
[39:48] | Not on our end. | 不是我们这方面的错 |
[39:50] | The social security number your father’s been using | 你父亲所使用的那个社会保险号码 |
[39:53] | belongs to somebody else. | 是属于另外一个人的 |
[39:59] | Suspicions have been raised. | 猜疑已经被激起 |
[40:01] | father and son are being driven further apart. | 父亲与儿子越来越疏远了 |
[40:05] | We couldn’t have planned it any better. | 我们的计划非常成功 |
[40:13] | Wilhelmina Slater. Carlo Medina. | 唔 |
[40:17] | It is an honor to finally meet the legend in person. | 很荣幸能跟时尚界的传奇人物见面 |
[40:20] | I see I should add shameless suck-up to the list. | 我想我又得在名单里再填一个 不知羞耻的马屁精了 |
[40:23] | What list is that? | 什么名单? 我要你来 是想告诉你 |
[40:25] | I asked you here to tell you you are an underhanded bastard, | 我要你来 是想告诉你 你是一个见不得光的杂种 |
[40:29] | a despicable, slimy weasel. | 一个卑劣 狡猾的告密者 |
[40:32] | You have no moral compass, | 你没有道德底限 |
[40:34] | are utterly without scruples and will use anyone in your path | 你会毫不犹豫地 |
[40:37] | to get what you want. | 利用任何人来到达到你的目的 |
[40:40] | How can I entice you to work at “Mode”? | 我怎么能诱使你为 “时尚” 工作呢? |
[40:43] | Or rather spy for “Mode”? | 或者说是为 “时尚” 刺探情报? |
[40:48] | And I want you home by 4:00 every day. | 我要你每天四点钟回家 |
[40:51] | And no TV for a week. | 一星期不准看电视 |
[40:54] | And no “Fashion TV” for a month. | 一个月不准看 “时尚频道” |
[40:58] | Isn’t any of this upsetting you? | 这些难道你都不在乎吗? |
[41:02] | It was worth it. | 这是值得的 |
[41:04] | Oh, “it was worth it. “ | 噢 |
[41:05] | Thank you. | “这是值得的” 谢谢你 |
[41:10] | Hey, mija. | 嘿 Mija |
[41:12] | How was your day? | 今天怎么样? |
[41:14] | It was a rough one. | 不太好 唔 |
[41:18] | Maybe a little cheese | 也许一点奶酪和小饼会令你心情好一点 |
[41:22] | It’s good. | 很好吃哦 |
[41:25] | I think I’m just gonna go to sleep. | 我只想睡觉 |
[41:28] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[41:30] | # Tale as old as time # | |
[41:33] | # True as it can be # What the hell is that? | |
[41:36] | # Barely even friends # | |
[41:38] | # Then somebody bends # | |
[41:40] | # Unexpectedly # | |
[41:43] | # Just a little change # | |
[41:46] | # Small to say the least # | |
[41:49] | # Both a little scared # | |
[41:51] | # Neither one prepared # | |
[41:54] | # Beauty and the beast # | (席琳.狄翁的<美女与野兽>) |
[41:57] | Betty’s favorite movie. | Betty最喜欢的电影 |
[42:00] | # Tale as old as time # | |
[42:04] | # Tune as old as song # | |
[42:08] | # Bittersweet and strange # | |
[42:10] | # Finding you can change # | |
[42:13] | # Learning you were wrong # | |
[42:17] | # Beauty and the beast # |