时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Previously on “Ugly Betty”… | |
[00:03] | Why do they say that’s not your social security number? | 为什么他们会认为 这不是你的社保号码? |
[00:05] | You can’t get one if you’re in this country illegally. | 要是你不是合法的待在这个国家 你就不可能得到社保 |
[00:08] | I need you to find my watch. | 我要你帮我找到手表 |
[00:09] | Pretty sure I left it at some woman’s apartment last week. | 我肯定是上个礼拜 把它落在哪个女人那里了 |
[00:12] | He dates anything that moves, | 只要是人他就会跟她约会 |
[00:14] | and I agree to smile and take their messages. | 我还得一边微笑 一边帮他们留讯息 |
[00:17] | You may want to return some of these. Nico’s called twice. | 你可能得回几个电话 Nico打来两次了 |
[00:21] | Hi, mom. | 嗨, 妈妈 |
[00:22] | Who’s filling his head with stories about me and Fey? | 是谁在跟他讲我和Fey的事情? |
[00:25] | Who gave my son the music box? | 音乐盒是谁给我儿子的? |
[00:26] | I think it’s time for Fey Sommers to come out of seclusion. | 我觉得是时候让 Fey Sommers解除隔离了 |
[00:33] | He could be deported? | 他可能会被遣返? |
[00:37] | Very strong possibility, yes. | 是的, 很有可能 |
[00:39] | But he has a family. | 但是, 他有家庭 |
[00:41] | He pays taxes. He’s a Mets fan. | 他有缴税 他还是Mets(纽约棒球队)的球迷 |
[00:43] | He’s in Oprah’s book club. | 他是欧普拉图书俱乐部的会员 |
[00:45] | Given what you’ve told me, it’s likely your father’s been red-flagged. | 根据你们提供的信息 看来你们的父亲正处于紧要关头 |
[00:48] | Red-flagged? Is that bad? | 紧要关头? 会很糟吗? |
[00:51] | It means that the government is investigating, and ultimately, | 看来政府正在调查, 而最后… |
[00:54] | a judge could rule to have you sent back to Mexico. | 法官可能会判定 将你们遣返墨西哥 |
[00:56] | You coulda just said “bad. “ | 你还不如直接说”很糟”呢 |
[00:58] | Mr. Suarez, there’s something I have to ask. | Suarez先生, 我有一些事情要问 |
[01:00] | You’ve been here for what, 30 years? | 你来这里已经… 30年了? |
[01:03] | All that time, you never applied for a green card. | 一直以来 你从没申请过绿卡 |
[01:05] | Never began the citizenship process. | 从没进行过公民身份确认程序 |
[01:07] | What about the amnesty in the ’80s? | 80年代的特赦时期你在做什么? |
[01:09] | I was a little busy providing for my family. | 我忙着养家糊口 |
[01:12] | Is that such a problem? | 这也有问题吗? |
[01:13] | Dad. | 爸爸 |
[01:14] | Look, the past is past. | 瞧, 过去的都已经过去了 |
[01:16] | I wanna talk about now. | 我只想讨论现在 |
[01:18] | How much will it cost for you to help us? | 请你帮忙, 我们得付多少钱? |
[01:20] | Now this meeting was pro bono. | 现在这场咨询是免费的 |
[01:22] | My wife asked me because she loves your daughter’s products. | 是我太太要求的 因为她很喜欢你女儿的产品 |
[01:25] | Hilda, by the way, that fiber loss really cleaned her out. | 顺便提一下, Hilda 纤维瘦身法真让她通畅多了 |
[01:29] | But a case like this… | 但像这样一个案子… |
[01:32] | you wanna save your father… | 你想救你的父亲… |
[01:34] | it starts with a retainer. | 就要收点顾问费了 |
[01:39] | 20 grand? | 20000块? |
[01:42] | Do you validate? | 签约么? |
[01:46] | Hey, slow down. | 嘿, 慢点 |
[01:47] | Oh, after last night, I think I need a walker. | 哦, 经过了昨晚 我觉得我得散个步放松一下 |
[01:50] | We are late. | 咱们要迟到了 |
[01:51] | Wilhelmina’s meeting about the “Must Mode” issue’s about to start. | Wilhelmina关于<绝对时尚>特刊 的会议马上要开始了 |
[01:53] | Cruella devil can wait. | Cruella Devil<斑点狗里的坏女人> 会等的 |
[01:55] | Hey, your lost watch- did you ever figure out | 嘿, 你丢了的表– 你搞清楚– |
[01:58] | – which girl’s apartment you left it at? – No, Betty never told me. | – 是忘在哪个女人家里了吗? – 没, Betty没跟我说过 |
[02:08] | We should probably take separate elevators. | 咱们最好乘不同的电梯 |
[02:10] | Wouldn’t want the office getting the wrong idea. | 我和不想让员工们误会 |
[02:12] | Right. Because my panties stuffed in your paper shredder | 是啊, 我那些塞在 你碎纸机里的内裤 |
[02:14] | probably didn’t tip ’em off. | 可能还没被人发现呢 |
[02:36] | Great. | 好极了 |
[02:38] | Just great. | 真是太棒了 |
[02:39] | Could I help you out? I got a lot of women’s clothes up in my office. | 要我帮忙吗? 我办公室里有很多女式的衣服 |
[02:42] | Hold this, please. | 帮个忙拿一下 时尚款式… 在我办公室 |
[02:43] | Fashionable clothes… up in the office. | 时尚款式… 在我办公室 |
[02:45] | What are you doing? | 你在干嘛? |
[02:47] | You gotta do what you gotta do. | 该干嘛就干嘛 |
[02:50] | Fastest first date I’ve ever had. | 发展如此神速的初次约会 我还是第一次碰到呢 |
[02:54] | You can’t be serious. | 你不是当真了吧? |
[02:56] | You actually think you’ve got a shot here, now? | 你还真以为天上掉馅饼了呢? |
[03:01] | Just joking. | 开个玩笑 |
[03:03] | You smiled at me in the lobby. | 你在大厅里对我微笑了 |
[03:05] | I smiled ’cause I couldn’t believe you pulled a ditch and dash | 我笑是因为我简直不敢相信 你会将那个可怜的姑娘 |
[03:08] | with that poor girl back there. | 丢到一边 |
[03:12] | You let it all play out in your head, didn’t you? | 你满脑子都在幻想了吧, 不是吗? |
[03:15] | You, me, | 你, 我 |
[03:17] | no one else here. | 没有别人 |
[03:19] | We’d be on the floor, bodies sweating, | 躺在地上, 浑身是汗 |
[03:23] | rug burn on my back. | 我的背紧紧贴在地毯上 |
[03:27] | Well, so much for that fantasy. | 好了, 白日梦到此为止 |
[03:34] | As we do every year for our “Must Mode” issue, | 跟我们往年<绝对时尚>特刊的做法一样 |
[03:37] | your ideas, your picks, your lists will be considered for inclusion. | 你们的创意, 搜集的资料 你们的清单都会被统一考虑 |
[03:50] | Nico, I told you, only emergencies. | Nico, 我说过 除非有紧急状况 |
[03:53] | No, you cannot submit my apartment for “Pimp Yo House. “ | 不, 你不能把我的公寓 拿来作”嘻哈族乐园” |
[03:57] | Good-bye. | 再见 |
[04:00] | Family is staying with me temporarily. | 家人暂时过来住住 |
[04:04] | Remember, it’s not just an “it” list. | 记住, 这可不是单纯的清单而已 |
[04:06] | There are personal “musts” as well. | 也是有关个人的”绝对” |
[04:09] | Like must be on time. | 比如说”绝对”要准时 |
[04:13] | For others, it’s a bit more profound. | 对于其他人 还有更深一层的意义 |
[04:16] | What’s important is that we tap into the issues | 重要的是我们要了解 |
[04:19] | of our readers’ lives they cannot face, | 我们的读者所无法了解的生活 |
[04:22] | move them to the next stage in their lives, | 帮助他们登上生活的另一个舞台 |
[04:25] | promise them it won’t be another year | 向他们保证 新的一年不会再有 |
[04:27] | full of unanswered questions and unresolved issues, | 疑问和未决之事 |
[04:32] | and lest we forget, | 以免我们会忘记 |
[04:34] | it is about the fashion “must-haves” for 2007, | 这是关于2007年度的 潮流”绝对事项” |
[04:38] | and I can assure you it will not include polka-dots. | 而且我敢保证 圆点图案不会流行 |
[04:43] | That’s it. | 就这样 |
[04:44] | Start listing. | 开始写吧 |
[04:50] | You have an 11:30 layout conference, and your father’s office called. | 你在11:30有一个企划会议 还有, 你父亲的办公室来过电话 |
[04:53] | There’s an editors-in-chief meeting tomorrow. | 明天有一个总编会议 |
[04:54] | So listen, there’s this woman-smoking hot-works on 27. | 听着, 有个非常火辣的女人 在27楼工作 |
[04:58] | She’s not wearing a shirt, had some sort of accident. | 因为出了点问题 她没穿衬衣 |
[05:00] | I really-I need you to find out who she is, okay? | 我真的– 需要 你去搞清楚她是谁, 好吗? |
[05:04] | “Must” hunt down Daniel’s babe. | “绝对”要找到Daniel的女人 |
[05:09] | Whatever Bradford Meade does, | 不管Bradford Meade怎么做 |
[05:11] | he can’t get rid ome. | 他都无法摆脱我 |
[05:13] | Sometimes it’s like she’s still here. | 有时候她好像还在这里 |
[05:18] | You remember what tomorrow is, don’t you? | 你还记得”明天”是什么, 不是吗? |
[05:24] | How could I forget? | 我怎么能忘记呢? |
[05:33] | Nico, darling, I’m home. | Nico, 亲爱的, 我回来了 |
[05:37] | What is that? | 那是什么? |
[05:38] | Dinner. You didn’t have much. | 晚餐, 你什么都没有 |
[05:41] | My wine, | 我有酒 |
[05:42] | and pecorino di pienza. | 还有Pienza出产的羊干酪 |
[05:45] | It’s a cheese. Goes great with pears. | 是奶酪, 配梨子很好吃 |
[05:48] | And cereal goes great with milk. | 谷物配牛奶也很好吃 |
[05:50] | How was your day, dear? | 今天过得如何? 亲爱的 |
[05:52] | I picked these up today- | 我今天搜集了这些– |
[05:54] | brochures for schools in New York. | 纽约一些学校的简介 |
[05:56] | Don’t be silly. | 别傻了 |
[05:58] | Schools here don’t meet your standards. | 这里的学校配不上你 |
[06:00] | I was thinking of the Hertzog school in Switzerland. | 我在考虑瑞士的Hertzog学校 |
[06:03] | Expelled, remember? | 被拒了, 记得吗? |
[06:05] | So I’m starting to think maybe boarding school’s not for me. | 所以我在想 可能寄宿学校不适合我 |
[06:08] | I said the same thing to the senator | 我当时也是这么对议员说的 |
[06:10] | when he sent me to the Chamberlin school. | 他还不是把我送去了Chamberlin |
[06:12] | He’d just won his first congressional seat. | 他刚刚得到了 他在国会的第一个位置 |
[06:15] | – He told me- – “Willie, D.C. is no place | – 他告诉我– – “Willie, 华盛顿不是个” |
[06:18] | for my daughter to become a young lady. “ | “能让我女儿成为淑女的地方” |
[06:20] | Same thing goes for you in New York. | 纽约也是一样 |
[06:22] | Boarding school has a far better education, | 寄宿学校的教学水平要好得多 |
[06:25] | far better people and far better food | 人也好得多 食物也要好得多 |
[06:28] | than… Captain Crisp. | 比起… “脆脆队长” |
[06:31] | “Cap’N.” | “船长” |
[06:32] | I don’t think he’s an official maritime officer. | 我不认为他是个 正式的海军军官 |
[06:38] | Dad, is this everything from Mexico? | 爸爸, 这就是墨西哥的所有资料? |
[06:40] | Yeah, birth certificate, passport, | 是啊, 出生证明, 护照 |
[06:43] | maybe even an old baby picture. | 还有一张很旧的婴儿照片 |
[06:45] | Careful. I might be naked in that one. | 当心, 那照片里我可能没穿衣服 |
[06:48] | The lawyer’s gonna need these documents. | 律师会需要这些资料的 |
[06:50] | Yeah, the lawyer we can’t afford. | 是啊, 那个我们请不起的律师 |
[06:52] | You know, dad, there’s enough here. You could have applied for a green card. | 要知道, 爸爸, 资料很充足 你应该申请绿卡的 |
[06:55] | I mean, you were here in ’86, and Reagan offered the amnesty. | 我是说, 你86年的时候在这里 里根总统宣布了赦免 |
[06:58] | I, uh… | 我, 呃… |
[07:00] | I missed it. Okay? | 我错过了, 好吗? |
[07:04] | Look, I-I’m sorry I’m putting you through all this. | 瞧, 我– 我很抱歉 让你们经历这些事情 |
[07:08] | But maybe if we tighten our belts, got second jobs, maybe- | 但也许我们勒紧裤腰 找第二份工作, 也许– |
[07:11] | Dad, I really want to help, but | 爸爸, 我是真想帮忙, 但是– |
[07:14] | my first job is hard enough as it is. | 我的第一份工作 跟这一样难以应付 |
[07:16] | Not if you maximize your time there. | 你要是好好运用时间 就不会 |
[07:18] | Hilda, don’t go there again. | Hilda, 别提那个了 |
[07:19] | I am not gonna sell Herbalux at “Mode. “ | 我不会在<时尚>卖草药产品的 |
[07:21] | What model doesn’t wanna lose weight? It’s easy money. | 哪个模特不想减肥? 这钱很容易赚! |
[07:25] | It’s not the worst idea in the world. | 这个主意还不那么糟 |
[07:27] | I will set you up with a basic package just to tease ’em. | 我会教给你基本要领的 让他们对你刮目相看吧 |
[07:32] | What’s this? | 这是什么? |
[07:38] | Looks like somebody was torn out. | 看起来像是把谁给撕掉了 |
[07:43] | Ah, it’s nothing. | 啊, 没什么 |
[07:46] | Just a photo of mom with an old boyfriend. | 不过是你妈妈跟前男友的照片 |
[07:50] | Ooh, let me see. | 哦, 让我瞧瞧 |
[07:52] | A boyfriend? | 男朋友? |
[07:53] | I thought you said you were each other’s first loves. | 我记得你说过你们俩是初恋的 |
[07:56] | Can you stop with the damn questions? | 别再问这个蠢问题了好么? |
[08:03] | I’m going for a walk. | 我出去走走 |
[08:06] | If it’s okay, Betty. | 要是可以的话, Betty |
[08:11] | What is with you? Obviously, he is sensitive about all of this. | 你是怎么了? 很显然, 他对这一切很敏感 |
[08:15] | Well, there’s something he’s not telling us. | 好了, 他有些事情没告诉我们 |
[08:17] | We’re just trying to help him, Hilda. We deserve to know. | 我们是在帮助他, Hilda 我们有权了解 |
[08:20] | Doesn’t that upset you? | 这让你困扰了吗? |
[08:21] | Of course it does, but getting upset doesn’t help. | 当然是的 但是困扰并没什么帮助 |
[08:24] | He’s always been there for us, Betty. | 他一直在支持我们, Betty |
[08:25] | We just-we gotta be there for him now. | 现在该我们支持他了 |
[08:28] | Fine. I’ll sell Herbalux at “Mode. “ | 好吧, 我会在<时尚>卖草药产品 |
[08:32] | I mean, I’d do anything I have to, | 我是说, 我会做我该做的事情 |
[08:33] | but I’m not gonna just let him off the hook, | 但我不会就此放过他的 |
[08:36] | not until he tells us the truth. | 除非他告诉我们真相 |
[08:59] | Okay, give it back to me, girl. | 好了, 说给我听, 姑娘 |
[09:01] | The vita valu pack contains all essential vitamins from A to Z. | “维生素超值套装” 含有从A到Z的所有基本维生素 |
[09:05] | You know there’s no such thing as vitamin Z? | 你知道吗? 根本没有维生素Z这种东西 |
[09:07] | Hello, it’s a catchy sales pitch. | 好了, 不过是销售手法而已 |
[09:09] | And what is more important than the vitamin content? | 那比维生素成分更重要的是什么? |
[09:12] | You get it half off when purchased with the nitro nutrient combo. | 跟硝基营养组合一起购买 可享受半价 |
[09:15] | Right. Now the customers have to have confidence | 正确, 现在顾客肯定 |
[09:17] | in you and the product, so don’t be afraid | 对你和你的产品有信心了 别害怕 |
[09:19] | to really just put yourself out there. | 尽管表现自己 |
[09:22] | Tired of sticking your finger down your throat? | 厌倦用手指挖喉咙了吗? (意指用强迫吃饭后吐出以减肥) |
[09:24] | Wanna lose weight the easy way? Ask me how! | 想用更简单的方式来减肥吗? 来找我吧! |
[09:27] | Herbalux can help. | 草药产品帮您忙 |
[09:29] | It’s a good line. I might use it. | 不错的主意 我也许可以试试 |
[09:32] | Now you’re ready for your secret weapon. | 现在, 准备好接受秘密武器吧 |
[09:34] | 10 pounds in 10 days. | 10天减10磅 |
[09:36] | Oh, god. Do I really need to wear that? | 哦, 天啊 我真要戴上这个吗? |
[09:37] | I remember when I got pinned. | 我记得当我走投无路时 |
[09:39] | Shelly Jenkins did me the honor. | Shelly Jenkins帮了我的忙 |
[09:42] | Did she get you a limo and a corsage? | 他也给了你豪华轿车和胸花? |
[09:45] | Can I please go to work and humiliate myself now? | 我能去上班 顺便自讨没趣了吗? |
[09:48] | Yes. Yes, you may. | 是的, 好, 你去吧 |
[09:50] | Shelly always said, “hit ’em with the appetizer prices before lunch. “ | Shelly总是说, “就让价格 成为他们午餐前的开胃菜吧!” |
[09:56] | Happy Herbaluxing! | 卖得开心点! |
[10:11] | Good morning, Marc. | 早上好, Marc |
[10:13] | I think I have something here that might interest you. | 我想我这里有点东西 你会感兴趣的 |
[10:15] | Hmm. Unless it’s Taye Diggs covered in baby oil, | 嗯, 除非是涂了油的Taye Diggs (性感黑人男明星) |
[10:18] | I doubt it. | 我很怀疑 我知道你喜欢健壮的绅士 |
[10:19] | I see that you’re enjoying a healthy smoothie. | 我知道你喜欢健壮的绅士 |
[10:21] | Did you know scientists today are making great strides | 你知道吗, 现今的科学家 |
[10:23] | in the health supplement market? | 在保健方面有了很大的进展 |
[10:24] | And most of those scientists are working in the Herbalux lab | 这些科学家中的大部分都在 |
[10:27] | in Hoboken, New Jersey. | 新泽西的Hoboken草药实验室 |
[10:28] | – In fact, Herbalux- – Could you please just- | – 实际上, 草药– – 请你能不能– |
[10:32] | 10 pounds? | 10磅? |
[10:34] | – Reach for the stars. – Marc… | – 难于上青天 |
[10:37] | we have some phone calls to make, don’t we? | 咱们还有好多电话要打, 不是吗? |
[10:39] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[10:41] | Work those halls, you little diet diva. | 到大厅去卖吧 你个减肥小恶魔 |
[10:52] | I don’t like it when she smiles. It’s so metallic. | 不喜欢看见她笑 太有金属质感了(牙套) |
[10:56] | What did she want? | 她要干嘛? |
[10:57] | Looks like she’s trying to earn a few extra pesos for something. | 好像是因为什么事情想挣点外快 |
[11:01] | Interesting. | 有意思 |
[11:04] | What’s the status on the list of boarding schools? | 寄宿学校名册的事情怎么样了? |
[11:06] | London and Milan passed. | 伦敦和米兰都不行 |
[11:08] | There’s still one school in Paris that hasn’t heard of Nico, I think. | 巴黎还有一个学校 没听说过Nico的大名, 我想 |
[11:12] | C’est parfait. Get them on the phone. | 太好了 帮我接他们的电话 |
[11:15] | Oh, and before I forget, | 哦, 差点忘了 |
[11:18] | you’re meeting with Daniel’s been pushed. | 你跟Daniel的会面要推迟了 |
[11:20] | He’s at a meeting in Bradford’s office- | 他在Bradford的办公室开会呢– |
[11:22] | editors-in-chief only. | 仅限主编参加 |
[11:25] | Well, I’m sure Skippy’s holding his own. | 好吧, 我敢说 那小瘪三正在苦苦支撑呢 |
[11:35] | My pleasure. | 我很荣幸 |
[11:45] | I like mine black, two sugars. | 我要黑咖啡, 加两块糖 |
[11:48] | You want me to get you coffee? | 你要我给你倒咖啡吗? |
[11:50] | I think that’s why you’re here. | 我想你就是你在这儿的作用吧 |
[11:52] | Oh, and what gave it away? Was it my accent? | 哦, 是什么泄露了? 是我的口音关系吗? |
[11:56] | Actually, the fact that you’re the only person here | 事实上, 是因为你是这里 |
[11:58] | who doesn’t edit a Meade publication. | 唯一一个不编辑Meade出版物的人 |
[12:00] | You’re an editor. | 你是个编辑 |
[12:03] | Wow. I bet that gets you all the girls, huh? | 哇, 我猜就是因为这个 才让你搞到那么多姑娘的, 哈? |
[12:07] | Uh, usually, my magazine’s circulation count does the trick. | 呃,一般来讲 是因为我的杂志发行量的关系 |
[12:11] | Circulation count. | 发行量 |
[12:14] | Why? Is it big? | 是吗? 很大吗? |
[12:17] | Well, I don’t like to brag, | 嗯, 我不是吹牛 |
[12:19] | but I am in the top five. | 但我在前五位之列 |
[12:22] | Oh, my god. Listen, I’m sorry. | 哦, 天啊, 听着, 我很抱歉 |
[12:25] | I’m new here, | 我是新来的 |
[12:27] | and I’m not really that familiar with everyone yet. | 跟大家都还不怎么熟 |
[12:30] | – Of course, I’m- – Daniel Meade, | – 那是, 我是– |
[12:31] | “Mode” magazine- | <时尚>杂志– |
[12:33] | the only one in this room who was born into his job. | 这屋子里唯一一个 生来就得到这份工作的人 |
[12:37] | All right, let’s get started, everyone. | 好了 咱们开始吧 |
[12:41] | I have news. | 我有消息要宣布 |
[12:43] | Some might call it exciting news. | 可以算得上是好消息 |
[12:45] | In january, Meade publishing launches a new weekly… | 在一月份, Meade出版社 将推出新的周刊… |
[12:49] | targeting the empowered modern woman. | 主要受众是日渐强大的现代女性 |
[12:52] | You’ll all get the press release. The point is, | 你们都会得到新闻发布稿 重点是 |
[12:54] | that I wish to introduce the best-selling author | 我想向大家介绍当红作家 |
[12:57] | and editorial brains behind our new magazine, “M.Y.W.,” | 我们的新杂志 |
[13:01] | Sofia Reyes. | 核心主编 |
[13:03] | Sofia, what’s the name of your new book? | Sofia, 你的新书叫什么名字? |
[13:06] | “Making your man a bottom. “ | <让你的男人到此为止> |
[13:12] | And Herba-aid doesn’t just hydrate. It contains protein, | 草药保健品不仅含有碳水化合物 也含有蛋白质 |
[13:16] | which helps to repair the muscle after your workout. | 在你运动过后能帮助修复肌肉 |
[13:18] | Terrific. | 好极了 我说过你不能待在这里 |
[13:19] | I told you you can’t be here. | 我说过你不能待在这里 |
[13:20] | What is your problem? I was mid-sale. | 你有问题吗? 我正在卖到一半呢 |
[13:23] | Hey, hey! | 嘿, 嘿! 你不想让我叫警察吧, 是吗? |
[13:24] | You don’t want me to call the cops, do you? | 你不想让我叫警察吧, 是吗? |
[13:25] | – Ow! – What could you possibly tell them? | – 哦! – 你能跟他们说点什么? |
[13:28] | This doesn’t concern you, ma’am. | 与您无关, 夫人 |
[13:29] | Let me worry about that. | 别这么叫我 |
[13:30] | You worry about calling me “ma’am” again | 你要是再叫我”夫人” |
[13:32] | and getting this yoga mat upside your head. | 我就拿这条瑜珈毯砸你脑袋 |
[13:34] | Look, I was just gonna leave anyway- | 瞧, 我正准备走呢– |
[13:35] | Stay where you are. You? You need to apologize. | 待着别动 你? 你得道歉 |
[13:38] | – Oh, me? – Yeah. | – 哦, 我? – 是的 |
[13:39] | She’s the one breaking the law. | 是她违反了规定 |
[13:41] | You’re such a legal expert, tell me what it says | 你还真是个法律专家 告诉我 |
[13:42] | in subchapter 27 of chapter 2 of title 20 | 纽约行政编码 |
[13:45] | of the New York City administrative code | 第20卷, 第2章, 第27条 |
[13:47] | about the occupation allicensing of vendors. | 关于商贩经营许可是怎么讲的? |
[13:49] | Or how about the constitution, | 或者是宪法 |
[13:51] | a little thing called “freedom of assembly”? | 有那么一条关于”集会自由”? |
[13:56] | Yeah, well, you can forget about your free towel. | 是啊, 好吧 你别想得到免费毛巾了 |
[14:02] | That was amazing. | 真是叫人惊讶 |
[14:04] | You know what? Don’t tell him, but that subchapter | 你知道吗? 别告诉他, 那一条 |
[14:06] | applies to disabled veterans only. | 仅适用于伤残退伍军人 |
[14:08] | How you doing? I’m Leah. | 你好, 我是Leah |
[14:10] | Hi. I’m Hilda. | 嗨, 我是Hilda |
[14:12] | – So you’re, like, a lawyer? – Yeah. | – 那么你是个律师? – 是的 |
[14:15] | – Oh, hold on one second. – Sure. | – 哦, 等一下 – 好的 |
[14:19] | Hello? | 喂? 她戴着一只结婚戒指, Hilda |
[14:20] | She’s wearing a wedding ring, Hilda. | 她戴着一只结婚戒指, Hilda |
[14:21] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么? |
[14:23] | The torn picture of mom. She’s wearing a wedding ring. | 妈妈那张被撕毁的照片 她戴着一只结婚戒指 |
[14:26] | So? It’s a picture of mom and dad. | 那又怎样? 那是妈妈跟爸爸一起的照片 |
[14:28] | No, they weren’t married in ’75, | 不, 他们不是在1975年结婚的 |
[14:30] | and dad said that was an old picture of her boyfriend. | 而且爸爸还说 那是妈妈跟前男友的照片 |
[14:32] | – Can you just give me one second? – Actually, I gotta go, | – 你能等我一下吗? – 事实上, 我得走了 |
[14:34] | but if you need anything, call me. | 但要是你有什么需要 打电话给我 |
[14:35] | You know, truth of the matter is, best place to find me is here. | 要知道, 事实上 要找我的话, 最好到这里来 |
[14:38] | I get my yoga on 8:00 every morning. | 我每天早上8:00来练瑜珈 |
[14:39] | Okay, thank you! | 好的, 谢谢你! |
[14:41] | Hilda, are you listening to me? | Hilda, 你在听我说吗? |
[14:42] | Yeah, yeah, I heard you. Mystery photo. | 是的, 是的, 我听见了 神秘照片 |
[14:44] | Stop playing Nancy Drew. You’re supposed to be selling. | 别再扮南茜·朱儿(侦探小说主角)了 你应该在卖草药的 |
[14:46] | So how you doing? | 情况如何? |
[14:48] | Betty, what are your numbers? | Betty, 你卖了多少了? |
[14:50] | Well, uh, Christina bought $10 worth of protein bars. | 好吧, 呃, Christina买了 10块钱的蛋白质条 |
[14:53] | She likes the taste. Of course, she eats sheep’s stomach. | 她喜欢那个味道 当然了, 她连羊肚都吃(什么都吃) |
[14:57] | 10 bucks? Great. | 10块钱? 太好了 |
[14:59] | Well, dad could buy a set of maracas when he’s sent back to Mexico. | 爸爸被遣返会墨西哥的时候 够买一副沙球(乐器)了 |
[15:03] | You’re not wearing the secret weapon, are you? | 你没戴你的秘密武器, 是吧? |
[15:06] | I am coming down to “Mode,” | 我要到<时尚>去 |
[15:08] | and I’m gonna show you how it’s done. | 我要让你看看该怎么做 |
[15:10] | What? | 什么? 等等, 不行! Hilda |
[15:11] | Wait, no! Hilda. | 等等, 不行! Hilda |
[15:14] | Oh, my god. | 哦, 我的天啊 |
[15:15] | Oh, things with Nico are fine. | 哦, Nico一切正常 |
[15:18] | Ilse’s steaming her pores as we speak. | 咱们讲话的时候 Ilse正在帮她蒸脸呢 |
[15:21] | Good. While you’ve been playing mommy, | 好计了, 在你扮演母亲角色的同时 |
[15:23] | I’ve been planning something for Bradford. | 我也为Bradford准备了点东西 |
[15:27] | That’s right. Today’s a special day, huh? | 那就对了 今天是个特别的日子, 哈? |
[15:29] | I wonder how he’ll celebrate. | 我想知道他会怎么庆祝 |
[15:31] | I’m sure the way Bradford Meade and Fey Sommers | 我肯定Bradford Meade和 Fey Sommers的生日 |
[15:33] | always celebrated their birthdays- | 一直都是– |
[15:36] | together. | 一起庆祝 |
[15:37] | Anything I can do to help? | 我能帮什么忙吗? |
[15:39] | No. | 不用 这只是两个人过的生日 |
[15:40] | It’s a birthday date for two only. | 这只是两个人过的生日 |
[15:44] | I am more concerned with what you have planned for Daniel. | 我更关心的是 你准备怎么对付Daniel |
[15:47] | He seems to finding his footing there these days. | 看来他最近找到点感觉了 |
[15:51] | You do realize it will be impossible for us | 你应该明白 一旦他的势力强大起来 |
[15:53] | to take over the company | 我们要接管公司 |
[15:55] | if he’s got any power there. | 就不可能了 |
[15:57] | I know. The little nugget remains a threat to our plans. | 我知道, 这小杂种 对我们的计划是个威胁 |
[16:02] | But short of taking a bat to his knees… | 但是又不能直接打断他的腿… |
[16:05] | I like where you’re going. | 我喜欢你的想法 |
[16:07] | It just occurred to me, | 不过是偶然想到的 |
[16:09] | maybe the one thing we can exploit | 也许我们可以利用的 还有一样 |
[16:12] | is the person who’s been propping him up all this time. | 那就是一直在支持他的人 |
[16:20] | It’s an emergency- | 紧急状况– |
[16:22] | Bergmans. Shoplifting. Nico! | Bergmans, 入店行窃, Nico! |
[16:30] | She made me feel like a complete ass. | 她让我觉得像个十足的傻瓜 |
[16:33] | Women don’t treat me like that. | 女人们从来不会那么对待我的 |
[16:34] | Not the women you usually date. | 你平常约会的那些女人是不会 |
[16:36] | Didn’t I ask you to find out who she was? | 我不是叫你去查她是谁吗? |
[16:38] | Yes, I’m sorry some things came up. | 是啊, 我很抱歉有些事情耽搁了 |
[16:40] | Besides, a no-shirt hottie with an accent? | 而且, 没穿衬衣 有口音的性感美女? |
[16:43] | Daniel, that’s every model who walks through this office. | Daniel, 这办公室里出入的 每个模特都这样 |
[16:45] | You could have been a little bit more specific. | 你应该讲得更具体些的 |
[16:48] | Daniel, Sofia Reyes. She-she’s a best-selling author. | 她– 她是最热门的作家 |
[16:51] | The “Times” profiled her last month. | <时代>上个月报道过她 |
[16:54] | And, oh, yeah. ABC News reported rumors | 还有, 哦, 是的 ABC上个礼拜报道 |
[16:56] | of this magazine launch last week. | 有关于这本杂志发行的流言传出 |
[16:58] | Books, newspapers, ABC News. | 书籍, 报纸, ABC新闻 |
[17:00] | I pay attention to which of those? | 我关注哪一个? |
[17:02] | N one. | 一个都不 |
[17:03] | Exactly. She thinks I’m nothing but an unqualified himbo | 一个都不 确实如此, 她认为我不过是个 没本事的浅薄的小白脸 |
[17:06] | who got the job because of my father. | 因为我父亲, 才能得到这工作 |
[17:09] | Don’t say anything. | 什么也别说 |
[17:11] | Betty, this woman had me figured out like no one I’ve ever met. | Betty, 这女人给我的感觉 跟以前完全不同 |
[17:14] | She was ten steps ahead of me on every point. | 她在各个方面都比我高明很多 |
[17:16] | So just apologize. | 那就去道歉 |
[17:17] | Ah, I can’t just apologize. | 啊, 我不能就这么道歉 |
[17:20] | I mean, it’s gotta be smarter. You know, skillful. | 我是说, 应该聪明点 更有技巧一点 |
[17:23] | Something… profound. | 还要… 深刻点 |
[17:30] | Jewelry! | 珠宝! |
[17:32] | Call Nigel over at Tiffany. | 给Tiffany的Nigel打电话 |
[17:34] | Tell him to send over the usual. | 告诉他, 跟往常一样送过来 |
[17:41] | Oh, miss Slater, there you are. | 哦, Slater小姐, 你在这儿 |
[17:45] | You put me in here. | 你让我到这里来的 |
[17:46] | Well, there must have been some mistake. | 嗯, 一定是误会了 |
[17:48] | Obviously, you were completely unaware | 很显然 你根本不知道 |
[17:50] | the dress had been placed in your bag. | 衣服被放进了你包里 |
[17:52] | Not really. I shoved it in there. | 不是这样 是我把它塞进去的 |
[17:53] | But clearly, you thought you’d paid for it. | 但很显然 你以为你已经付过钱了 |
[17:56] | We’ll just forget this whole mess. | 咱们就别再提这件事了 |
[17:58] | You talked to my mother, didn’t you? | 你跟我妈妈谈过了, 是吗? |
[18:00] | This store considers Ms. Slater to be one of its dearest friends. | 本店视Slater夫人为最好的朋友 |
[18:04] | As she does you. | 她对你也一样 |
[18:07] | Oh. She sent her bitch. | 哦, 她派了她的狗腿子过来 |
[18:10] | I’ll leave you two alone. | 你们两位独处 |
[18:15] | Nico… | |
[18:17] | Marc. | |
[18:18] | Did you really think that imitating that very special episode | 你真的认为模仿 |
[18:21] | of “Punky Brewster” was gonna get your mother’s attention? | 就能引起你妈妈的注意了? |
[18:26] | So… this is it, huh? | 那么… 就是这里, 哈? |
[18:28] | Looks like a gay version of “Star Trek. “ | 看起来就像是<星际迷航>的 同性恋版 |
[18:31] | So you ready to start selling? | 你准备开始卖了吗? |
[18:33] | Are you ready to start listening? | 你准备开始听了吗? |
[18:35] | No, I did not come here for that. | 不, 我不是为了这个而来的 |
[18:36] | Hilda, look at this hand. This does not belong to dad. | Hilda, 看这只手 不是爸爸的手 |
[18:39] | – The pigmentation is all wrong- – Pigmentation? | – 皮肤色斑完全不对– – 色斑? |
[18:42] | Are you selling Herbalux, or are you getting an online forensics degree? | 你在买草药产品吗 还是准备取得在线取证学位? |
[18:45] | – Hilda- – No. | – 不 |
[18:45] | The more we argue, the less we sell. | – 不 我们吵的越久 卖得就越少 |
[18:47] | Are you serious about this? Because I tried. | 你是认真的吗? 我已经试过了 |
[18:50] | It is just really demeaning. | 那真的很丢脸 |
[18:52] | I would put on a chicken suit and stand on the corner | 要是我们能挣到 跟你工作一样多的钱 |
[18:54] | if we could make the type of cash you’d make here. | 我就换上火暴装束 站到角落去 |
[18:58] | Come on. It’s for dad. | 别这样, 这是为了爸爸 |
[19:02] | Fine, but lose that stupid cutout. | 好吧, 那就放下那个愚蠢的广告牌 |
[19:05] | Oh, no, you did not just insult Melanie. | 哦, |
[19:16] | Five… four… | 不, |
[19:19] | three… two… | 你这不止是侮辱了Melanie |
[19:21] | 10 pounds? | 10磅? |
[19:22] | Is that, like, for real? | 那个, 是真的吗? |
[19:55] | What the hell is going on? | 这到底是怎回事? |
[19:58] | Actually, uh, you see, it’s, uh… | 事实上, 呃 你看, 这是, 呃… |
[20:01] | Do you realize how many rules you’ve broken? | 你明白你违反了多少条规定吗? |
[20:02] | Oh, really? | 哦, 是吗? |
[20:04] | Can you tell me what subchapter 20 of article, chapter 27… | 你能告诉我第27章, 第20条… |
[20:11] | The constitution says freedom of assembly. | 宪法规定集会自由 |
[20:15] | How cute. | 真聪明 |
[20:16] | Cesar Chavez in a push-up bra. | 穿塑形胸衣的Cesar Chavez (墨西哥裔美国劳工行动主义者) |
[20:19] | This is private property, sweetheart. | 这里是私人领地, 宝贝 |
[20:21] | Pack up your stuff and get out. | 收好你的东西滚出去 |
[20:23] | And you, in my office. | 还有你, 到我办公室来 |
[20:25] | Now! | 马上! |
[20:27] | Candace Bushnell wants to pitch you a story on power women in Manhattan. | Candace Bushnell想给你做个报道 定位为曼哈顿女强人 |
[20:30] | Tell her to call when she gets an original idea. | 告诉她 等她有了原创想法再打过来 |
[20:34] | Multitasking? | 任务繁忙啊? |
[20:36] | Oh, my new friend, Daniel Meade. | 哦, 我的新朋友 |
[20:39] | Friend? | 朋友? |
[20:41] | It didn’t seem too friendly when you sent this gift back to my office. | 你把这礼物送回到我办公室 这可不那么友好 |
[20:44] | The necklace. | 那项链 |
[20:46] | It’s absolutely lovely. | 真的很可爱 |
[20:49] | But not for me. | 但不是给我的 |
[20:51] | Not your taste? | 不合你的品味? |
[20:52] | No, not for me. | 不, 不是给我的 |
[20:54] | It’s very generic, Daniel. | 太普通了, Daniel |
[20:56] | It’s the kind of gift you give to the girl you just banged, | 这礼物那是给那些 刚刚被你泡上的姑娘的 |
[21:00] | or the one you wanna bang. | 或是你想要去泡的姑娘 |
[21:02] | Whoa, can we back up a second? | 哇, 咱们能停一会儿吗? |
[21:03] | You clearly have the wrong impression of me. | 很显然你对我有了错误的印象 |
[21:06] | – Really? – Really. | – 真的吗? |
[21:09] | Lara? | – 真的 |
[21:12] | You know, I… thought I recognized you. | 要知道, 我… 我想我认出你了 |
[21:19] | Daniel doesn’t have to know about this. | Daniel不需要了解这些 |
[21:21] | Secrets can stay between friends, right? | 朋友之间应该能保守秘密, 对吗? |
[21:24] | Friends? | 朋友? |
[21:25] | Well, at “Mode,” I think of all of us as family… | 嗯, 在<时尚> 我认为我们是一个大家庭… |
[21:30] | and family sticks together | 一家人要一起 |
[21:33] | through the good times and the bad. | 同甘共苦 |
[21:37] | Do you know Rodrigo in styles? | 你认识设计部的Rodrigo吗? |
[21:39] | Sure. He has great taste. | 认识, 他品味很不错 |
[21:42] | Impeccable, | 好极了 |
[21:43] | but you wouldn’t know that if an anonymous donor | 要不是有个匿名捐赠者 替他付设计学校的学费的话 |
[21:47] | hadn’t paid his way through design school. | 你就没机会认识他了 |
[21:50] | Betty… | |
[21:52] | strong people are the ones who ask for help. | 聪明人是会寻求帮助的 |
[21:56] | Um… | 嗯… |
[21:58] | my father, uh… | 我父亲, 呃… |
[22:01] | is going through some… | 碰到了一些… |
[22:03] | some legal problems, | 一些法律问题 |
[22:06] | and my family was told that | 我的家人得知 |
[22:08] | for a good, supposedly great, lawyer, | 要请一个好的, 有用的律师 |
[22:12] | it would cost us $20,000. | 要花20000美元 |
[22:15] | Well, Betty, I have a daughter I would do anything for, | 好吧, Betty, 我有个女儿 为了她我可以不惜一切 |
[22:21] | just as you would do anything for your father, | 就像你会为了你父亲不惜一切 |
[22:26] | I’m sure. | 我很肯定 |
[22:34] | What do you want in return? | 你想要什么作回报? |
[22:36] | Is that something you ask family? | 你也会跟家人这么问吗? |
[23:00] | Happy birthday, Fey. | 生日快乐, Fey |
[23:08] | So sorry. | 真遗憾 |
[23:10] | I wish you knew how much I missed you. | 我希望你能知道我有多想你 |
[23:15] | Fey? | |
[23:27] | Do you know what this means? | 你知道这意味着什么吗? |
[23:29] | It’s blood money. It’s her way of getting to Daniel. | 是收买费 这是他对付Daniel的方法 |
[23:32] | Once you cash that, you belong to her. | 一旦你兑现了这笔钱 你就得听她的了 |
[23:34] | No, I know that, | 不, 我知道这些 |
[23:35] | but do you know what number one on my “must” list is? | 你知道我的”绝对”清单上 最重要的是什么吗? |
[23:38] | Getting my dad a lawyer. | 给我爸找个律师 |
[23:39] | This could be the answer to my family’s problems. | 这个可以解决我家里的问题 |
[23:42] | That’s what they say in the movies, then they have to kill someone | 就像电影里讲的 接着他们不得不杀了某人 |
[23:44] | – or sleep with them or both. – And my dad- | – 或与他们上床, 或两者都得干 – 但我爸爸– |
[23:46] | Enough about the mystery photo. | 别再想那张神秘照片了 |
[23:48] | Enough about the evil queen’s check. | 也别再想那张邪恶女王的支票了 |
[23:51] | So what am I supposed to do? | 那我该怎么做? |
[23:53] | It’s half price night here at the Rack, which is why | Rack这里夜间是半价的 这也是我为什么 |
[23:55] | I dragged you hed – to let go. | 拉你来这儿– 来放松 |
[23:57] | Which is why I’m making that the number one priority | 这就是今晚我替你的”绝对”清单 |
[23:59] | on your “must” list tonight. | 列出的首要事件 |
[24:01] | Well, that’s easier said than done. | 唉, 说来容易做来难 |
[24:03] | Why do you think god invented alcohol? | 你觉得上帝为什么要 发明酒精这玩意儿? |
[24:11] | Excuse me. I’ll have what she’s having. | 对不起, 来一杯和她一样的 |
[24:27] | I thought I threw that out. | 我还以为我已经把它给扔了呢 |
[24:29] | What are you doing up? | 你起来干嘛? |
[24:31] | I had work to do. | 我有工作要做 |
[24:33] | Furs for the “must” list. Care to look at them? | “绝对”清单关于皮毛的内容 想看看吗? |
[24:35] | Fur is murder. | 做皮毛根本就是在谋杀 |
[24:37] | I bought you a Nicole Miller fur at for your 10th birthday. | 我在你10岁生日时 给你买了件Nicole Miller的皮大衣 |
[24:40] | How could I forget? | 我怎么会忘记呢? |
[24:42] | It was my 11th birthday. | 那是我11岁的生日 |
[24:43] | And you had me model it for a photo shoot, | 你要我穿上它做模特拍照 |
[24:46] | which you didn’t even show up for. | 但你甚至没有出席 |
[24:48] | I believe the excuse was dinner with Oscar de la Renta. | 我想借口是和Oscar De La Renta (著名设计师)吃饭去了吧 |
[24:53] | Someone had to convince him that | 总得有个人去说服他 |
[24:55] | fishnets were only meant for stockings. | 网眼布只适合做长统袜 |
[24:58] | Nice to know you have priorities. | 真高兴知道你有特权 |
[25:01] | Kind of like today. | 就像今天这样 |
[25:02] | Oh, that’s right, today was your little cry for help, wasn’t it? | 哦, 没错 今天是你在请求帮助, 不是吗? |
[25:07] | That was amateur, darling. | 那可真是外行, 亲爱的 |
[25:09] | When I was 15, | 当我15岁的时候 |
[25:11] | Mikhail Baryshnikov came to the Salem Academy. | Mikhail Baryshnikov来到Salem学院 |
[25:15] | Afterwards, I was caught | 然后, 我就被抓去 |
[25:17] | doing a little dance of my own for Misha. | 自己为Misha跳一些舞蹈 |
[25:23] | Now that is acting out. | 现在这都用上了 |
[25:26] | How proud you must be. | 你一定很自豪 |
[25:29] | You don’t get it, do you? Act out as much as you want. | 你还不明白吗, 是吗 尽你所能地表现吧 |
[25:31] | I did. | 我就是这么做的 |
[25:33] | Seven schools… | 七所学校… |
[25:35] | until it finally hit me… | 直到它最终使我明白… |
[25:37] | until I finally understood. | 直到我最终懂得了这个道理 |
[25:39] | Being away from home, being away from the ones you love, | 远离家, 远离你爱的人 |
[25:42] | makes you strong, builds your armor. | 会让你武装自己, 让你变得强壮 |
[25:46] | Because in the end, the only person in this world | 因为最终在这世上你可以依赖的 |
[25:50] | you can depend on is yourself. | 只有你自己 |
[25:54] | It’s the greatest lesson the senator ever taught me. | 这就是参议员 曾经教我的最重要的一课 |
[25:58] | – Mom- – Brush up on your french. | – 妈妈– – 复习一下你的法语 |
[26:01] | You leave for school in Paris tomorrow night. | 你明晚就启程去巴黎的学校 |
[26:11] | So… | 那么… |
[26:13] | um… | 嗯… |
[26:15] | is everything okay? | 没问题吧? |
[26:18] | The flag was kind of at half-mast. | 都降半旗了 |
[26:20] | Would it be generic if I sent you a necklace from Tiffany? | 如果送你一条Tiffany的项链 是不是太过普通了? |
[26:23] | Oh, no. I loved it. | 哦, 不, 我很喜欢 |
[26:25] | You sent it to me after our first night together. | 我们在一起的第一晚之后 你就送了一条给我 |
[26:28] | Of course I did. | 我当然送了 |
[26:30] | And if I sent to you as a… | 果我把这作为一种… |
[26:32] | sort of an apology, that’d be okay, right? | 一种道歉, 应该可以, 是吗? |
[26:35] | Well, that depends. | 嗯, 那得看情况 |
[26:37] | Are you apologizing for something in particular? | 你是特别为了什么事情道歉吗? |
[26:41] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[26:42] | Making an ass out of myself with Sofia Reyes, | 在Sofia Reyes, |
[26:46] | the editor of “M.Y.W.” | 我就像个傻瓜 |
[26:48] | I sent her a necklace as an apology gift, | 我送她一条项链作为道歉的礼物 |
[26:51] | and she called me out on it. | 但她却因为这个而判我出局 |
[26:53] | Oh. | 哦 |
[26:55] | So the whole apology thing was about her, | 这么说整个道歉的事都是对她 |
[26:58] | not me. | 而不是对我咯 |
[26:59] | What do I have to apologize to you about? | 我要向你道什么歉? |
[27:01] | Nothing… | 没什么… |
[27:04] | I guess. | 我想是的 |
[27:07] | You know, I’m not feeling too well. | 你知道, 我感觉不太好 |
[27:10] | I think I’m gonna go. | 我想我得走了 |
[27:11] | You okay? | 你还好吗? |
[27:12] | Yeah, I, uh… | 还好, 我, |
[27:14] | I think I feel one of those 24-hour flus coming on. | 呃… 我想我是得了 最近流行的急性感冒 |
[27:17] | I should go before I get you sick. | 在传染你之前我得走了 |
[27:56] | Whoops. | 哎哟 |
[27:58] | That step’s a tough one. | 这一步真糟糕 |
[28:00] | Why are you sneaking in through the back? | 你干嘛偷偷摸摸从后门进来? |
[28:02] | Are you drunk? | 你喝醉了? |
[28:04] | Yeah, a little bit. I’m going to bed. | 嗯, 有一点, 我去睡觉了 |
[28:06] | No, no, no, no, come on. Let me get you some water. | 不, 不行, 不行, 过来 我给你倒杯水 |
[28:08] | – No, I’m fine. – Come on. | – 不用了, 我很好 – 来吧 爸爸, 让我走! |
[28:09] | Dad, let me go! | 爸爸, 让我走! |
[28:10] | What’s the matter with you? What’s going on? | 你怎么了? 发生什么事了吗? |
[28:12] | – Talk to me! – Talk to you? | – 告诉我! – 告诉你? |
[28:14] | Why don’t you talk to me? Why don’t you tell me | 那你怎么不告诉我? 你怎么不告诉我 |
[28:17] | why mom is wearing a wedding band in this picture? | 这张照片里 妈妈为什么戴着结婚戒指? |
[28:22] | Or who’s the guy in the photo with her, really? | 或者照片里 站在她身边的家伙到底是谁? |
[28:30] | There you go. | 给你了 |
[28:32] | I don’t have to explain myself to you. I’m your father. | 我没有必要向你解释我自己 我是你父亲 |
[28:35] | Then act like it. | 那就像个父亲的样子 |
[28:38] | I’ve always looked up to you, dad. | 爸爸, 我一直都很尊敬你 |
[28:40] | Right, wrong, I could just take your lead. | 对与错 我可以完全靠你 |
[28:46] | Now I’m lost. | 但现在我迷失了方向 |
[28:57] | A little less slamming, please. | 别再说我了, 求你 |
[29:01] | Here. You’re gonna need this. | 给, 你需要喝点这个 |
[29:04] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[29:05] | So… | 那么… |
[29:08] | dad left early this morning. | 爸爸今天很早就出门了 |
[29:10] | I don’t really want to talk about this. | 我真的不想讨论这个 |
[29:11] | Well, it’s a little too late for that now. | 嗯, 现在讨论也太晚点了 |
[29:13] | I heard what you said last night. | 昨晚你说的话我都听到了 |
[29:16] | – So did half of Rego Park. – I’m sorry. | – 半个Rego Park区都听见了 – 我很抱歉 |
[29:19] | Apologizing to me isn’t gonna change what happened. | 向我道歉无法改变已经发生了事 |
[29:23] | What went on after I left the office yesterday? | 昨天我离开办公室后发生了什么? |
[29:26] | I got punished. | 我受到了处罚 |
[29:39] | Is this real, or is this one of those Ed McMahon things? | 这是真的吗? 还是只是Ed McMahon式的东西(作秀)? |
[29:42] | It’ll cash. | 它可以兑现 |
[29:44] | 20 grand. | 20000美金 |
[29:46] | So cash it. This is the answer- | 那就兑现它啊, 这就是答案– |
[29:48] | Hilda, | Hilda, look closer. |
[29:52] | Wilhelmina Slater? | 看仔细点 |
[29:55] | – Oh, that stuck-up- – Exactly. | – 噢, 那个神气活现的– – 没错 |
[30:00] | She’ll want me to sell Daniel out | 她要我出卖Daniel |
[30:02] | so she can take his job. | 这样她就可以取代他的工作 |
[30:07] | Her money, my soul. | 她的钱, 我的灵魂 |
[30:09] | Look, I’m gonna try to figure something else out, okay? | 我再试着想想其他办法, 好吗? |
[30:12] | See if there’s another way. | 看看还有没有其他方法 |
[30:15] | But this might be our only option. | 但这可能是我们唯一的选择 |
[30:53] | Can I get the number for Fashion TV, please? | 能不能告诉我时尚台的电话? |
[31:08] | What the hell just happened? | 刚刚发生什么事了? |
[31:10] | You’re getting back at me, aren’t you? | 你在报复我, 是吗? |
[31:12] | For yesterday? | 为了昨天的事? |
[31:14] | – You planned this. – Planned this? Are you s- | – 这是你设计好的 – 我设计的? 你是不是– |
[31:16] | Yeah. I got a side job with the elevator union. | 是啊, 我在电梯协会里面 找了个副业 |
[31:19] | Really? I’ll take the stairs next time. | 真的? 那我下次走楼梯 |
[31:21] | Do you always get the last word in? | 你总是把话说得那么绝吗? |
[31:23] | Only with you, baby. | 只对你, 宝贝 |
[31:25] | Great. | 很好 |
[31:26] | Last time this happened was four hours of Kevin Federline | 很好, 上次发生这种事时 Kevin Federline花了4个钟头 |
[31:28] | trying to cornrow my hair. | 想把我的头发都梳成小辫子 |
[31:30] | No reception. What now? | 没信号, 现在怎么办? |
[31:32] | I think we’re between floors. If I could just get up there, | 我想我们应该在楼层中间 要是我能爬上去 |
[31:34] | I could pry the door open on the next floor. | 就可以打开上层的门 |
[31:37] | Somebody’s seen “Die hard” too many times. | 有些人看多了<虎胆龙威> |
[31:41] | Oh! God forbid you wrinkle your jacket. | 哦! 你弄皱外套会遭天谴的 |
[31:47] | Listen, how about we do the obvious? | 听着, 咱们简单点吧? |
[31:50] | Come on. Give me a boost. | 来吧, 帮我一把 |
[31:52] | Are you serious? | 你是认真的? |
[31:54] | On your knees. | 跪下 |
[31:57] | And, Daniel, don’t look up. | Daniel, 别往上看 |
[31:59] | Don’t flatter yourself. | 别抬举你自己 |
[32:01] | Good, ’cause I’m not wearing any underwear. | 很好, 因为我没穿内衣 |
[32:19] | You okay? | 你还好吗? |
[32:21] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[32:24] | You looked, didn’t you? | 你看了, |
[32:42] | Hilda. | 对吗? |
[32:44] | You gonna make me lose another free towel? | 你想让我浪费又一条免费的毛巾? |
[32:46] | No, I really wanted to talk to you. | 不, 我是真的想和你谈谈 |
[32:48] | Um… have you ever done any immigration work? | 嗯… 你曾经做过移民工作吗? |
[32:52] | In this neighborhood? | 在这个小区? |
[32:53] | And besides, once I got my degree, my uncle Abraham | 当然有, 我一拿到学位 我的叔叔Abraham |
[32:56] | turned his place into the israeli underground railroad. | 就搬到以色列的地下铁道去了 |
[32:58] | You in some kind of trouble? | 你遇到麻烦了? |
[33:02] | If I tell you something, | 如果我告诉你 |
[33:04] | do we have that attorney-client privilege thing? | 那我们是不是 就是律师和客户的关系了? |
[33:07] | That only works if I’m your lawyer. | 如果我是你的律师的话 |
[33:09] | You know, but for now, you got something stronger than that- my word. | 但是现在你会得到更多- 我说了 |
[33:12] | And for that, it’ll only cost you a cup of coffee and a bialy. | 而且这只要你一杯咖啡 和一块面包的钱 |
[33:15] | Come on. I didn’t feel like working out anyway. | 走吧, 我不喜欢在外面谈事情 |
[33:26] | Still haven’t cashed it, I see. | 还没有兑现, 我看见了 |
[33:28] | Um, no, I haven’t really had a chance. | 呃, 不是, 我还没机会去 |
[33:31] | Or haven’t made the effort? | 或者是根本没想去? |
[33:33] | Steel yourself, Betty. | 坚强点, Betty |
[33:35] | Think about what’s best for you. | 想想什么对你才是最有帮助的 |
[33:37] | That’s how we survive in this business. | 这样我们才能在这行业存活下去 |
[33:41] | Wilhelmina, you might want to get down to the lobby, | Wilhelmina, 你可能要去下大厅 |
[33:43] | like, right now. It’s Nico. | 最好现在, Nico在 |
[33:49] | You, too. I think we might actually see a live execution. | 你也去吧 我们可能会看到一场好戏 |
[33:52] | Open your eyes, people. | 张大你们的眼睛 |
[33:55] | It’s time to wake up. | 现在是觉醒的时候了 |
[33:57] | The “Must Mode” issue promotes the unwarranted slaughter of innocent animals. | <绝对时尚>特刊促使非法猎杀无辜动物 |
[34:02] | And it is the fault of one woman- | 这都是一个女人的错– |
[34:05] | Wilhelmina Slater! | |
[34:06] | Nico, please, you’re causing a scene | Nico, 求你了 你在制造事端 |
[34:08] | Great. | 很好 |
[34:09] | Can’t wait to see how Wilhelmina Slater will handle this one. | 等不及要看看Wilhelmina Slater 会怎么处理这个 |
[34:14] | So sorry I’m late. | 太对不起我来晚了 |
[34:17] | Thank you for coming. | 谢谢你们能来 |
[34:19] | Ah, good to see you. | 很高兴见到你们 |
[34:21] | Nico, step into the good light. | Nico, 走到聚光灯下来 |
[34:24] | Thank you so much for coming, ladies and gentlemen. | 感谢你们的光临, 女士们先生们 |
[34:27] | The “must” debate of 2007. | <绝对>2007的争论焦点 |
[34:31] | Animal rights versus fashion rights- | 动物的权利和时尚的权利– |
[34:34] | just who is right? | 孰是孰非? |
[34:45] | Well, you’re gonna have to wait | 很好, 你们要等到 |
[34:47] | until the “Must Mode” issue is on sale, january 2007. | 要等到<绝对时尚>特刊出售的那天 才能知道, 2007年1月 |
[34:51] | Thank you so much for coming. Good-bye. | 谢谢你们的到来, 再见 |
[34:58] | You win. | 你赢了 |
[35:00] | I’ll go to school in France, | 我会去法国读书 |
[35:02] | anywhere you want, but I’m not going quietly. | 任何你想要我去的地方 但是我不会静静离去的 |
[35:05] | – We’ll talk upstairs. – No! | – 我们上楼去说 – 不要! |
[35:07] | We’ll talk now. | 我们现在就说 |
[35:12] | – I am your mother. – Mother? | – 我是你妈妈 – 妈妈? |
[35:14] | Then maybe you should act like it. | 你应该做得像才是 |
[35:17] | But I guess you don’t have a clue where to start. | 但是我猜你自己都不知道怎么做 |
[35:21] | I mean, | 我是说 |
[35:23] | have you ever even called the senator “dad”? | 曾经叫过参议员”爸爸”吗? |
[35:26] | Never, huh? | 从来没有, 哈? |
[35:28] | Is that armor so thick you can’t even feel anything anymore? | 是不是武装太厚 你已经感觉不到任何事了? |
[35:32] | Was that the goal? | 这是不是你的目的? |
[35:34] | Then congratulations. | 那么恭喜了 |
[35:36] | You’re putting together your “Must Mode” issue. | 你在整合你的<绝对时尚>特刊 |
[35:39] | Things you must do. | 你”绝对”要做的事情 |
[35:41] | You know what your number one “must” should be? | 你知道你最最”绝对”该做的 是什么吗? |
[35:43] | Learning how to be a mother. | 学习怎样做一个母亲 |
[36:12] | I appreciate your kindness, | 我很感激你的好心 |
[36:14] | but I can’t cash that. | 但是我不能拿你的钱 |
[36:16] | Of course you can’t. | 你当然不能 |
[36:19] | Good luck with your family situation, Betty. | 希望你能解决你家的问题, Betty |
[36:23] | They’re never easy. | 要解决并不不简单 |
[36:35] | I just wanted to say good-bye. | 我只是想来说再见 |
[36:37] | I think you said enough downstairs. | 我想你在楼下已经说得够多的了 |
[36:41] | Marc booked you a flight for Paris. | Marc已经帮你订好 去巴黎的机票了 |
[36:43] | You leave tonight at 9:00. | 你今晚9点走 |
[36:45] | I’ll go back to your place and pack my stuff. | 我会去你的地方拿走我的东西的 |
[36:47] | Nico, contrary to what you might think, | Nico, 和你所想相反的 |
[36:50] | I do love you. | 我确实是爱你的 |
[36:53] | And I… I only want what’s best for you. | 而且我… 我只是想让你得到最好的 |
[36:58] | You want what’s best for you. | 你想得到对你自己最好的 |
[37:11] | All right. Yeah. | 好的, 是的 |
[37:17] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[37:21] | I had it. | 在我这 |
[37:23] | Your lost watch. You left it at my place last week. | 你弄丢的手表 上个礼拜留在我的公寓了 |
[37:28] | Surprise. Right? | 很惊讶吧? |
[37:31] | You never even thought to consider me. | 你从来没有想过我 |
[37:35] | I’m just a late night call to you. | 对你来说 我只是一个深夜的电话 |
[37:43] | You need to find whatever it is you’re looking for, Daniel. | 你要弄清楚自己要追寻的 是什么, Daniel |
[37:46] | I just know now that it’s not me. | 我现在知道了, 那不是我 |
[37:50] | I’m-I’m sorry. | 我– |
[37:54] | Amanda… | 我很抱歉 |
[38:01] | Well? | 怎样? |
[38:02] | I checked it out. Nothing. | 我检查过了, 什么也没有 |
[38:04] | The security cameras at the cemetery didn’t catch a thing. | 墓地的安全录像没拍到任何东西 |
[38:06] | No Fey Sommers hanging out at her crypt. | Fey Sommers没在她的墓穴外游荡 |
[38:08] | I saw her. I’m sure of it. | 我看到她了, 我很肯定 |
[38:10] | How many times I gotta say this? She’s dead. | 还要我说多少次? 她已经死了 |
[38:14] | You’re going crazy, you know that? | 你快要疯了, 你知道什么? |
[38:16] | – Damn it, I saw her. – Whatever, old man. | – 该死, 我看见他了 – 随你, 老头子 |
[38:26] | Yeah, it’s me. | 是的, 是我 |
[38:28] | Remember that associate I told you about? | 还记得我跟你提过的 那个合伙人吗? |
[38:31] | We need to have a long conversation about him. | 我们需要好好谈谈关于他的事 |
[39:19] | Dad. | 爸爸 |
[39:23] | Do you remember when we | 你还记得我们 在我的成人式上跳舞时 |
[39:25] | and I broke my heel? | 我扭伤了脚? |
[39:28] | And I was so upset, I wanted to run away, | 我很困扰, 想逃走 |
[39:30] | but you wouldn’t let me. | 但是你不让我走 |
[39:31] | You just held me tighter, and we kept on dancing. | 只是将我抱得更紧, 我们继续跳舞 |
[39:36] | You’re our rock, dad. | 你是我们的支柱, 爸爸 |
[39:41] | And I’m sorry for what I said | 很抱歉对你说了那些话 |
[39:43] | and how I acted. | 那样对待你 |
[39:47] | I’m just gonna have to forgive and forget, and… | 我只是想原谅并忘记, 还有… |
[39:50] | whatever it is, you don’t owe us an explanation. | 不管怎样 |
[40:11] | Ramiro Vasquez. | 你并不欠我们一个解释 |
[40:15] | The man in the picture. | 照片里的那个男人 |
[40:18] | Your mother was married to him. | 你妈妈嫁给了他 |
[40:24] | Sit. | 坐吧 |
[40:31] | He was a… a wealthy man. | 他是一个… 一个有钱人 |
[40:35] | I was his chef. | 我是他的厨师 |
[40:37] | Whenever I would cook food for them, I… | 不管何时我给他们做饭的时候 我… |
[40:41] | I always hoped your mother would look my way. | 我一直希望你妈妈能看我一眼 |
[40:44] | One night, uh, she did, | 一天晚上, 她这么做了 |
[40:48] | and after that, we fell in love. | 然后, 我们相爱了 |
[40:53] | Dad, if this is too hard for you… | Dad, 如果你不想说… |
[40:55] | No, no, I… | 不, 不, 我… |
[40:58] | I owe this to both of you. | 我欠你们两个的 |
[41:02] | I could only sit back so long | 我只能坐在那里 |
[41:05] | and let him treat her the way he did. | 看他怎么对待她 |
[41:07] | I remember hearing her screaming, her crying, | 我还记得当他打她时 |
[41:12] | when he hit her, | 她的尖叫声和哭泣声 |
[41:13] | and finally one night, I couldn’t take it anymore. | 后来, 有一个晚上 我无法再继续忍耐下去了 |
[41:22] | Next thing I know, | 接下来我只知道 |
[41:25] | he’d pulled a knife. | 他想拿刀 |
[41:27] | So I… | 所以我… |
[41:30] | I hit him. | 我打了他 |
[41:32] | Just kept hitting him. | 不停地打他 |
[41:41] | After that, we ran… | 然后, 我们逃走了… |
[41:44] | and I never looked back, | 没有回头看过 |
[41:47] | because I vowed I’d never take my eyes off your mother again. | 因为我发誓的双眼 再也没有离开过你们的妈妈 |
[41:55] | I never applied for a green card or amnesty because | 我从来没有申请绿卡或特赦 |
[42:00] | I was afraid they’d send me back. | 因为我害怕他们会把我遣返回去 |
[42:10] | I killed Ramiro Vasquez. | 我杀了Ramiro Vasquez |