时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Previously on Ugly Betty… | |
[00:03] | I am your mother. | 我是你母亲 |
[00:04] | Then maybe you should act like it. | 那就该拿出做母亲的样子 |
[00:06] | Listen, I’m sorry. I’m new here, | 对不起 |
[00:08] | and I’m not really that familiar with everyone yet. | 我新来的 不太熟悉这里的人 |
[00:11] | – Of course, I’m- – Daniel Meade, | – 当然 |
[00:13] | “Mode” magazine- | 我是… – 《时尚》杂志的丹尼尔·米德 |
[00:14] | the only one in this room who was born into his job. | 这里唯一一个 生来就得到这份工作的人 |
[00:18] | I never applied for a green card or amnesty | 我压根儿没有申请绿卡或特赦 |
[00:21] | because I was afraid they’d send me back. | 因为我怕他们把我遣返回去 |
[00:25] | I killed Ramiro Vasquez. | 我杀了拉米罗·巴斯克兹 |
[00:39] | Why are you dripping on my bagel? | 你怎么把水滴在我的面包圈上? |
[00:41] | I was on the “M.Y.W.” floor, standing under sprinklers, | 我刚才在《现代年轻女性》编辑部 (米德出版集团旗下由索菲亚做主编的新杂志) |
[00:43] | and there was a fire. Sorry. | 正好站在消防喷头下面 结果起火了 |
[00:45] | And you were there because… | 不好意思 – |
[00:47] | Oh! I was getting Sofia’s autograph. | 你去那里是… – 要索菲亚的签名 |
[00:49] | You like her books? | – 你喜欢她的书? – 非常棒 |
[00:50] | It’s terrific. | 我觉得只是骗女孩子的玩意 |
[00:51] | Seems like generic chick lit to me. | 我觉得只是骗女孩子的玩意 |
[00:53] | No. No, Daniel. | 不 |
[00:55] | Actually, it’s-it’s inspired. | 丹尼尔 很有启发的 |
[00:57] | Really? | 是吗? |
[00:58] | “Girls like it on top”? | “女人喜欢在上面”? |
[01:01] | – It’s a metaphor. – Ah… yeah. | – 只是比方 – 哦 |
[01:04] | Anyway, she was signing my copy, and there was a wastebasket by her | 当时她在给我签名 然后旁边的废纸篓突然起火 |
[01:06] | in the copy room, and the sprinklers went off, and now I’m wet. | 消防喷头感应喷水 我就成了落汤鸡 |
[01:09] | Betty, you have mascara on your face. | – 贝蒂 |
[01:11] | Thanks. | 睫毛膏弄脏了脸 – 谢谢 |
[01:12] | Other side. | 是另外一边… |
[01:14] | So… I have any messages? | 有给我的留言吗? |
[01:16] | Yes. Mike Day called, and he’s turning down the hotel review assignment. | 对 迈克·戴来电话 他拒绝写酒店评论 |
[01:19] | He says he only does serious journalism now. | 他说现在只写严肃报道 |
[01:22] | Unbelievable. Five years ago, he’s writing for an airline magazine. | 难以置信 五年前他还在为机上杂志写稿呢 |
[01:24] | Now he’s acting like Katie Couric. | 他把自己当成余秋雨啦? |
[01:26] | That’s the third writer who’s turned down the assignment, right? | 他是第三个表示拒绝的作者吧? |
[01:28] | I’ll put together a list of other freelancers for you. | 我会把其他自由撰稿人的名单列给你 |
[01:31] | Everybody get in here. | 大家都过来 |
[01:33] | We can’t waste any more time. | 不能浪费时间了 |
[01:35] | – What the hell? – Just keep all their stuff together, | 搞什么鬼? 把他们的东西放一边 不要弄混了 |
[01:37] | – so it won’t get mixed up. – What are you doing? | 你在干什么? |
[01:39] | Oh, my editors and I are working here until our offices are cleaned. | 我和我们编辑得在这里办公 一直要到我们办公室清理干净 |
[01:42] | No, wait a second. You can’t just come in here | 不行 |
[01:44] | and take over my conference room. | 等等 你们不能随便占用我的会议室 |
[01:46] | Your daddy said I could. | 你爸爸同意了的 |
[01:48] | Mr. Meade didn’t okay it with me. | 米德先生没有对我说同意 |
[01:50] | Then you should take it up with him. | 那你跟他说好了 |
[01:52] | Whoa, whoa! Be careful with those mock-ups. You’re getting ’em all wet. | 哎哟 哎哟 小心那些样板 不要弄湿了 |
[01:55] | Those have to go back exactly as they were. | 要照原样给我放好 |
[01:57] | Well, of course, of course. | 当然 当然 |
[01:58] | ‘Cause you might forget which half-naked, emaciated woman | 否则你不记得要选 哪个半裸的排骨女做封面 |
[02:01] | you want for your cover. | 至于封面故事嘛 |
[02:03] | And your lead story? | |
[02:04] | Just great-“Ten ways to lose thighs and get guys. “ | 相当精彩– |
[02:07] | – So empowering. – Really? | “十大瘦身勾男秘诀” 太奏效了 |
[02:08] | And what’s your cover story, “Ten ways to treat a guy like dirt | 你的封面故事是什么 |
[02:11] | so you end up a lonely, desperate cat lady”? | “视男人为脚底泥 以猫为伴 绝望终老的十种方法”? |
[02:13] | Well, the title’s a little long, but thanks for the story pitch. Bye. | 标题有点长 不过多谢你的启发 再见 |
[02:17] | This is outrageous. | – 太过分了 |
[02:19] | Wilhelmina, be reasonable. | – 威廉敏娜 理智点 |
[02:21] | You’re asking me to entertain Ted Lebeau, the president of Beaumart- | 你要我去讨好 博尔玛的总裁泰德·勒博 |
[02:26] | a store which has the fashion equivalent of canned ravioli. | 而他的商场里唯一和时尚挂钩的东西 就是罐装意大利面片汤 |
[02:30] | We need their ad dollars. | 我们要拉他的广告 |
[02:32] | Lebeau is only in town from Texas for the weekend. | 勒博只有周末才会从得克萨斯过来 |
[02:34] | I need you to push him off the fence and into our pockets. | 我需要你让他不再左右摇摆 乖乖掏钱给我们 |
[02:37] | Why aren’t you assigning this to Daniel? | 为什么不派丹尼尔去做? |
[02:39] | We both know you’re the best person for the job. | 你我都很清楚 你是这项任务的最佳人选 |
[02:41] | You’ve landed almost every account for “Mode. “ | 《时尚》杂志的重要客户 几乎都是你搞定的 |
[02:44] | And yet I’m still just creative director. | 但我的身份仍然只是一个创意总监 |
[02:46] | Also, I think Ted might be more receptive to a beautiful woman. | 而且美女更容易让泰德买帐 |
[02:51] | Well, I can’t argue with that. | 这我就反驳不了了 |
[02:55] | I’ll charm the denim chaps right off him. | 我会让那个老牛仔乖乖就范的 |
[03:00] | Hey. You want a sandwich? | 来个三文治? |
[03:03] | No, thanks. | 不 谢谢 |
[03:09] | Last time you were this quiet, | 上次你也是这样安静的时候 |
[03:11] | you were about to tell me you were pregnant. | 是准备告诉我你怀孕了 |
[03:14] | I think I know where we can get the 5 grand for Leah. | 我知道怎么弄五千美元给李亚 |
[03:17] | You tell the lawyer anything about why I had to emigrate? | 你把我移民的原因告诉律师了? |
[03:20] | No, I wouldn’t tell anybody that you… | – 没有 |
[03:22] | Killed a man? | 我不会告诉任何人你… – 杀了人? |
[03:24] | I can’t imagine what you and your sister think of me. | 我不敢想象你们姐妹俩会怎么看我 |
[03:26] | Hey, no. Papi, you were defending mom. | 不 老爸 你是为了保护妈妈 |
[03:29] | We understand. | 我们明白 |
[03:31] | We don’t judge you. | 我们不认为你是坏人 |
[03:35] | Thank you, mi amor. | 谢谢乖女 |
[03:38] | So… where you getting this money? | 那么…你打算上哪里弄钱? |
[03:41] | Santos. | – 去找桑托斯 |
[03:42] | Absolutely not. | – 绝对不行 |
[03:44] | I don’t want a cent from that degenerate. | 那混蛋的钱我一个子儿也不要 |
[03:46] | We have no choice! | 没其他办法了 |
[03:56] | Oh, there you are. | 哦 你在这里 |
[03:58] | Betty, I’ve got something for you. | 贝蒂 有东西给你 |
[04:01] | This one’s nice and dry. | 这本还不错啊 没淋湿 |
[04:03] | “To Betty… a girl like no other. Love, Sofia. “ | 送给与众不同的贝蒂 索菲亚敬赠 |
[04:07] | Wow, that’s so nice. Thank you. | 哇噢 你真是太好了 谢谢 |
[04:09] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[04:10] | Listen, I need a little favor. | 我想请你帮个小忙 |
[04:12] | Of course. Anything, anything. | 当然可以 尽管说 |
[04:14] | I want to get fresh eyes on this piece I’m writing. | 我想听听别人 对这部作品的真正意见 |
[04:17] | Yeah, okay. Um, I’ll just call the features editor, | 好 我打电话让特稿部编辑帮忙 |
[04:19] | – and they can help you. – No, no, no, no, no. | 不 |
[04:22] | I want your opinion. | 不 |
[04:25] | You’re my key demographic for “M.Y.W.” | 我想听你的意见 |
[04:28] | I am hoping to appeal to the regular girl, | 你是《现代年轻女性》杂志 的目标读者群 |
[04:30] | not these hipster fashionistas here. | 我希望吸引普通女性 而不是这里拿腔拿调的时尚人士 |
[04:32] | Okay, cool. Um… | 好 酷 |
[04:36] | “sexaholics-spotting them and stopping them. “ | “性爱狂: 如何揭穿和制止他们” |
[04:41] | Um… you know, I’m- I’m not so sure that I’m qualified | 唔 |
[04:44] | to give an opinion on the subject. | 我想我不够资格评论这个话题 |
[04:46] | Betty Suarez, you are more than qualified. | 贝蒂·苏亚雷斯 你太够资格了 |
[04:50] | You understand my writing. | 你能理解我的文章 |
[04:51] | I mean, I have read every single one of your books, | 你每本书每篇文章我都读过 |
[04:54] | and, um, when I was at Queens college, I wrote a report about you. | 我在皇后区立大学读书时 还以你为主题写了一篇论文 |
[04:58] | – What’s going on? – I’m honored. | – 怎么回事? – 我受宠若惊 |
[05:00] | Oh, I needed some thoughts on this article, | 我想听听别人对这篇文章的看法 |
[05:03] | and I’m taking advantage of Betty’s intelligence, | 借助贝蒂的天才智慧 |
[05:06] | which I’m sure you underuse on a daily basis. | 而她每天就被你这样白白浪费 |
[05:09] | All right. You know what? I’ve had enough of you. | 好了 跟你说吧 我受够你了 |
[05:12] | First, you take over the conference room. | 你先是霸占了会议室 |
[05:13] | Now you’re trying to hijack my assistant. | 现在又想劫持我的助理 |
[05:16] | Betty… come on. I have a lot of things for you to do. | 贝蒂 快点 我还有很多事要你做 |
[05:18] | Sorry, Daniel. I didn’t know you were the jealous type. | 对不起 丹尼尔 没想到你会吃醋 |
[05:21] | Betty. | 贝蒂 |
[05:23] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[05:26] | But maybe I can help you later. | 不过我可以待会儿再来帮你 |
[05:28] | I’m sure. Thank you. | 真的 谢谢 |
[05:32] | She wants me. | – 她是冲着我来的 |
[05:34] | Excuse me? | – 你说什么? |
[05:35] | Well, you were there. You saw it, right? | 你在场的 没有看到吗 |
[05:37] | I didn’t really pick up on it. | 我不明白你的意思 |
[05:38] | Oh, come on. Sexaholics? | 拜托 性爱狂? |
[05:40] | That was clearly a jab at me. | 分明想刺激我 |
[05:42] | She gave you the article because she knew I’d see it. | 她把文章给你 明知我会看到 |
[05:45] | Daniel, you think maybe you’re reading just a little bit too much into this? | 丹尼尔 你想象力太丰富了 |
[05:48] | No, no, no, no, no. | 不 不是 相信我 |
[05:49] | Trust me. I know women. She’s playing games. | 我懂女人 她在耍花招 不过 跟你说吧 |
[05:53] | But you know what? It’s fine. | 没问题 |
[05:56] | I’ll just play games right back. | 我打算奉陪到底 |
[05:58] | Daniel, um, do you actually have something for me to do? | 丹尼尔 你真的有事要我做? |
[06:02] | Uh… yeah. I, uh, I need you to pick up my dry cleaning. | 呃 有 我想请你帮我拿回干洗衣服 |
[06:06] | I need you to buy me a new sliding plastic thingy for under my chair. | 还要买张新的防滑胶垫 |
[06:11] | That one’s worn out. | 放在我椅子下面 原来的用旧了 |
[06:12] | “Slidy plastic thingy. “ | 防滑胶垫 |
[06:17] | Coming right up. | 马上去办 |
[06:22] | Betty! | 贝蒂 |
[06:24] | I’ll tell you what. Uh… | 告诉你 |
[06:26] | I do have something more important for you. | 其实我有更重要的事要你做 |
[06:28] | Um, you know I need a writer for that hotel review. | 我要找人写酒店评论 |
[06:31] | Why don’t you do it? | 不如由你来写? |
[06:33] | What? What, I can write the review? | 什么? 我来写酒店评论? |
[06:36] | – Shut up. Really? – Yeah, it’ll be fun. | 不会吧 你是说真的? |
[06:39] | The hotel is 50 Prince in Soho. | 对啊 很有意思的 |
[06:41] | You can just change the reservation to your name, if you want. | 苏荷区的50王子酒店 如果你愿意做 就把预留客房改成你的名字 |
[06:43] | Okay. Yeah. Great. Um, when do you need it by? | 好 太捧了 – 最晚什么时候交稿? – 下周一 |
[06:46] | Uh, monday. Leave a little early today | 今天早点走 |
[06:48] | and just spend the whole weekend at the hotel. | 然后到酒店过周末 |
[06:50] | Okay… wait! Um, this weekend? | 好 等等 – |
[06:53] | Mm-hmm. Yeah. | 这个周末? – 是 |
[06:59] | Walter planned a romantic weekend for us in Atlantic City, | 沃尔特安排我们到大西洋城 共度浪漫周末 |
[07:01] | and he’s really looking forward to it. | 他非常盼望 |
[07:03] | Oh, you can go to Atlantic City anytime. | 哎 大西洋城你们随时都可以去嘛 |
[07:05] | All you need to do is find the nearest retirement home, | 只需到最近的养老院 |
[07:07] | get on the first bus that pulls up. | 搭上第一班旅游巴士 |
[07:09] | I don’t want to disappoint him. | 我不想让他失望 |
[07:10] | Well, invite Walter to go to the hotel with you. | 那 就邀请沃尔特和你 一起住酒店呗 |
[07:12] | That way you still get to spend the weekend together, | 这样你们既可共度周末 |
[07:15] | but just not surrounded by seafood buffets and $10 hookers. | 没有那么多海鲜自助餐 但也没有10元一次的流莺 |
[07:17] | Yeah, but then he’s gonna distract me from my work. | 没错 但他会影响我工作啊 |
[07:19] | Sounds to me like you’ve already made your decision, | 看来你已决定了 但心里过意不去 |
[07:21] | but you’re feeling bad about it. | 嗨 勇敢的心 |
[07:23] | Hey, braveheart, Wilhelmina wants you to put together | 威廉敏娜要你准备一组用于拍摄 |
[07:25] | a rack of Beaumart clothes for the meeting. | 博尔玛广告的衣服 |
[07:27] | Oh, check out the Kelly Clarkson line. | 哦 那就试试 凯莉·克拉克森的设计吧 |
[07:29] | All her skirts have a elastic waist- bands, so they’re really comfortable. | 她家裙子配有弹力腰带 非常舒适 |
[07:32] | Thanks for the tip, love. | – 好主意 |
[07:33] | Of course. | 亲爱的 – 不客气 |
[07:35] | So… I hear Daniel gave you a big writing assignment. | 听说丹尼尔派你写一篇大稿子? |
[07:38] | Yeah, it’s really exciting. It’s my first one. | 是 真令人兴奋 我还是第一次呢 |
[07:41] | A word of advice- you may want to take | 给你忠告… |
[07:43] | the Betty-wear down just a notch. | 也许你觉得可以把贝蒂式衣着 扯成V字领 |
[07:45] | be all the rage in Queens, | 肉夹馍的风格也许在皇后区很流行 |
[07:47] | but in Soho, they’ll arrest you for crimes against humanity. | 但在苏荷区穿成这样 别人会控告你影响市容 |
[07:50] | Have fun. | 玩得开心 |
[07:54] | What about Atlantic City? | 我们的大西洋城之旅怎么办? |
[07:56] | This hotel review is really important. | 这篇酒店评论真的很重要 |
[07:59] | If-if I do a good job, it could lead to better things at “Mode. “ | 如果我写好了 在《时尚》就会得到更多的机会 |
[08:01] | I can’t just pass up this opportunity. | 我不能放过这个机会 |
[08:04] | Oh, I was really looking forward to this trip with you. | 我真的很想和你去旅行 |
[08:06] | I got us tickets for the live stage show of “The price is right. “ | 我还搞到两个”猜价格”节目的观众席座位 (观众若猜中某产品的价格即可赢得该产品) |
[08:10] | – You did? – Yes! | – 真的? – 当然 |
[08:12] | And you know I rule at plinko. | 你知道这是我的强项 |
[08:16] | Well… | |
[08:18] | why don’t you come and stay with me at the hotel? | 呃 不如你陪我去住酒店 |
[08:20] | I don’t wanna stay at some lame Manhattan hotel. | 我不想待在 曼哈顿一家无聊酒店里 |
[08:24] | I’m going to A.C., and I’m winning a dinette set. | 我要去大西洋城赢一套餐具 |
[08:32] | That wasn’t much of an invitation. | 这可不是有诚意的邀请噢 |
[08:34] | Well, Atlantic City isn’t going anywhere. | 哎呀 大西洋城又不会跑 |
[08:36] | No, honey, but your boyfriend might. | 它不会 亲爱的 但你男朋友会 |
[09:01] | I got it. I got it. Don’t worry. | 我来 我来 不要紧 |
[09:09] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[09:16] | There’s nothing to be afraid of. | 没什么好害怕的 |
[09:18] | It’s just a hotel, | 不过是一间酒店嘛 |
[09:20] | and I’m here to do my job. | 我来这里是为了工作 |
[09:25] | Hi. | 你好 |
[09:26] | I have a reservation. | 我预订了客房 |
[09:28] | Betty Suarez. | 贝蒂·苏亚雷斯 |
[09:30] | Whoa. Nice orthodontia. | 喔哟 |
[09:33] | Bright. | 牙套不错 真炫 |
[09:35] | Thank you. Um, do you need I.D.? | 谢谢 |
[09:37] | I have a business card in here somewhere. | 要身份证吗? 我包里有名片… |
[09:39] | You’re from “Mode”? | – 你是《时尚》的? |
[09:41] | I am. Yes. Do you need to see my card? | – 对 要看我的名片吗? |
[09:43] | Ms. Suarez, welcome to 50 Prince. | 苏亚雷斯小姐 欢迎来到50王子 |
[09:46] | We’re delighted to have you as our guest. | 很高兴能为您服务 |
[09:48] | We have a wonderful suite waiting. | 我们给您预留了舒适的套房 |
[09:50] | Please have a seat, | 请坐 |
[09:51] | and the bellhop will be right with you. | 行李生马上就到 |
[09:53] | Okay. Thank you. | 好的 谢谢 |
[09:56] | Um, those aren’t real. | – 呃 |
[10:00] | Right. | 那是假的 – 哦 |
[10:10] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[10:29] | You know that’s not a pop-up book, right? | 你肯定你拿的不是立体儿童画书? |
[10:32] | I hope not. | 希望不是 |
[10:33] | I’m doing research. | 我在为一篇文章做调查 |
[10:36] | I’m writing an article on women who tease their way to the top. | 写写那些靠卖弄风骚 向上爬的女人 |
[10:40] | Can I get some quotes? | 我能引用你的话吗? |
[10:42] | You think I tease men to get power? | 你认为我靠卖弄风骚来获得权力? |
[10:45] | You don’t know me at all. | 你根本不了解我 |
[10:47] | Well, give me an hour. | 那好 你拿一个小时来说说 |
[10:49] | Daniel Meade- | 丹尼尔·米德 |
[10:51] | you are a presumptuous, chauvinistic, | 你专横 大男子 粗鲁 |
[10:54] | payaso, prepotente, insolente, | 自大 傲慢 无礼… |
[11:02] | Shoot. I don’t have any cash, but… | 呀 我没带钱 |
[11:05] | I have three rides left on it. | 不过这张储值卡还能坐三次车 |
[11:09] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[11:11] | Thank you. | 我谢谢你 |
[11:29] | I’m in heaven. | 嗯 简直是天堂 |
[11:30] | I’m in hell. Imagine working at a sweatshop | 简直是地狱 |
[11:34] | and not even being proud of what you’re making. | 整日在这里劳劳碌碌 却拿不出一件满意的东西 |
[11:36] | Oh, now look at this. This isn’t too bad, | 看这件 |
[11:38] | this little tartan number. | 格子裙蛮好的 |
[11:39] | Well, then you wear it. | 那你留着自己穿吧 |
[11:41] | I’m sure you’ll be a big hit at the next bagpipe convention. | 我肯定你能在 |
[11:44] | Oh, now I like this. | 下届风笛大会一鸣惊人 我喜欢这件 |
[11:46] | I think this is perfect for your weekly meetings at the coven. | 你穿着参加每周的巫婆会 最合适不过了 |
[11:53] | Here’s what I’ve dug up on Mr. Ted Lebeau. | 这是我搞到的 泰德·勒博先生的资料 |
[11:55] | Aside from being obscenely wealthy, he has three kids, | 富得流油 有三个孩子 |
[11:58] | four ex-wives and five golden retrievers. | 四个前妻和五只金毛巡回犬 |
[12:02] | I think Davy Crockett showed at Westminster. | 看来刘姥姥要逛大观园了 |
[12:05] | How nouveau riche. | 暴发户 |
[12:06] | All right. Let’s sprinkle a little lone star state around my office. | 好吧 把我办公室弄得牛仔风味一点 |
[12:10] | Make him feel at home. | 让他宾至如归 |
[12:12] | Oh, Mark. Did, uh, Nico return my call? | 马克 |
[12:15] | Not yet. | 妮可回我电话了吗? 还没有 |
[12:16] | Are you certain you sent the care package to the boarding school? | 你肯定把爱心包裹寄到寄宿学校了? |
[12:20] | I’m certain. | 我肯定 |
[12:21] | – Can you call her again, please? | |
[12:23] | Yes. | 你能再打她电话吗? |
[12:27] | Oh! | – 好的 |
[12:31] | Soft and cozy. | 柔软舒适 |
[12:35] | No… uh, lavish refinement… | 不好…嗯 精致奢靡 |
[12:38] | and downy opulence. | 华贵惬意 |
[12:45] | Spectacular view. | 可观胜景 |
[12:48] | No… that’s boring. | 不好…太普通 |
[12:50] | Deliciously divine view. | 仿似天上人间 |
[12:57] | Ms. Suarez. How can I help you? | 苏亚雷斯小姐 您需要什么服务? |
[12:59] | Oh. Hi. | 你好 |
[13:01] | I’d like to order a massage. | 我想做按摩 |
[13:03] | Very good. | 好的 |
[13:04] | You look like a bank manager. | 你像银行经理 |
[13:07] | I doubt any bank managers are wearing La Perla undergarments. | 银行经理会穿拉佩拉内衣吗 (意大利高级女式内衣品牌) |
[13:11] | I found an interview in a whiskey magazine | 我在威士忌杂志看到一篇文章 |
[13:13] | where tex extols the virtues of rye. | 德州佬很推崇裸麦威士忌 |
[13:23] | Yes? | 请讲 是 |
[13:25] | Ah, yes. Marc will come and escort him in. Thank you. | 马克去接他 谢谢 |
[13:28] | Oh! I wanted to watch him mosey. | 我还以为能看他 怎么大摇大摆地走进来呢 |
[13:32] | All right. | 好吧 |
[13:34] | I’m gonna giddyap. | 我把牛仔驱赶进来 |
[13:47] | Ooh. Howdy. | 你好啊! |
[13:52] | Mr. Lebeau. I’m Wilhelmina Slater. | 勒博先生 我是威廉敏娜·斯莱特 |
[13:55] | Pleasure to meet you. | 幸会 |
[13:56] | Call me Ted. | 叫我泰德就可以了 |
[13:58] | Ted it is. | 那就泰德吧 |
[13:59] | That’s our most popular line. | 我们商场最流行的系列 |
[14:01] | Affordable and stylish. | 经济又不失时髦 |
[14:03] | The career woman on a budget. | 最适合精打细算的职业女性 |
[14:05] | How you like it? | – 你觉得怎样? |
[14:06] | It’s like nothing I own. | – 我从来没穿成过这样 |
[14:09] | Well, it looks good on you. | 你穿得很好看 |
[14:16] | So you a fan of college ball? | 你是大学球队的拥趸? |
[14:19] | – Excuse me? – Longhorns. | 什么? |
[14:20] | You went to U.T.- Austin? | 长角 你在德州大学奥斯汀分校念的书? |
[14:22] | Oh, no. Uh, Marc did. | 不是我 是马克 |
[14:25] | Yes, I did. It was so… southern. | 是 是我 南部风情哦… |
[14:30] | Go Longhorns! Yay! God bless America. | 长角加油! 上帝保佑美国 |
[14:35] | Is this your daughter? | – 她是你女儿? |
[14:37] | Yes, it is. | – 没错 |
[14:39] | So shall we talk, uh, business? | 我们谈正事吧? |
[14:42] | Well, my ad people tell me I should be in your swanky magazine, | 我们广告部的人建议 在你们这本花哨杂志投广告 |
[14:44] | but I’m not sure it’s the right fit. | 但我不太肯定是否合适 |
[14:49] | Why don’t you convince me? | 不如你来说服我? |
[15:08] | Oh, my gosh. | “成人节目《十一裸汉》” |
[15:17] | Hi, I’m Sven. Ready for your massage? | 你好 我是司文 准备好按摩吗? |
[15:20] | You’re not a girl. | 怎么是男的? |
[15:22] | No, all the women were booked for the evening. | 是 今晚所有的女按摩师都排满了 |
[15:24] | I’ll set up the table, and you can disrobe. | 我架好按摩床 你脱衣服吧 |
[15:51] | These are good, really good. | 很好 真的很好 |
[15:53] | You can’t even feel the difference. | 完全感觉不到区别 |
[15:54] | Definitely. | |
[15:55] | You know, I didn’t get an invite to the slumber party. | 我居然没有接到睡衣派对的邀请 |
[15:58] | Did I miss the pillow fight? | 我错过了枕头大战? |
[16:00] | Can I have the water bra, please? | 请把水袋文胸递给我 (罩杯中放置水袋 有丰胸效果) |
[16:02] | You know, if you want a man’s perspective- natural and bigger. | 你要知道 男人们喜欢的都是 自然丰满 |
[16:06] | Daniel, we’re doing an article | 丹尼尔 |
[16:08] | on breast reconstruction for recovering women. | 我们在策划患乳腺癌的妇女 |
[16:12] | Oh. Um… | 如何重塑软房的专题 |
[16:15] | um… I’m gonna go. | 我走了 |
[16:20] | Are you sure you wanna wear your glasses? | 你一定要戴着眼镜吗? |
[16:22] | Yeah. Yeah, um, I have to take notes. | 是 我要做笔记 |
[16:27] | So… um… would you say that | 可否说你正在”操控我的肌肉”? |
[16:30] | you are manipulating my muscles right now? | |
[16:33] | I guess. | 差不多吧 |
[16:36] | Hmm. Um… is this Shih Tzu or… | 这是西施犬式指压 |
[16:41] | or are you “Rolfing” me? | 还是强力筋膜按摩? |
[16:44] | I’ll get that. | 我去开门 |
[16:45] | You just, uh… you just keep relaxing. | 身体保持放松 |
[16:54] | Yes? | 找谁? |
[16:55] | What’s going on here? | 你们这是在干吗? |
[17:08] | Santos. | – 桑托斯 |
[17:10] | Hilda. I haven’t seen you in a few. | – 希尔达 |
[17:13] | You look good. | 有日子没见你了 你看起来很好 |
[17:14] | Um… can I talk to you in private for a second? | 能私下和你谈谈吗? |
[17:20] | I heard at junior’s bodega you hit big on a number. | 我听说你在小酒馆大赚了一笔 |
[17:24] | Right to the point- that’s my favorite thing about you. | 直奔主题 我就喜欢你这点 |
[17:27] | I can’t say I have a favorite thing about you. | 你倒没有我喜欢的地方 |
[17:29] | Please. | 不要这样 |
[17:31] | I know what I got that you like. | 我知道我有你想要的东西 |
[17:33] | I need money, Santos. | 桑托斯 我需要钱 |
[17:36] | For Ignacio. | 是伊格纳修的事吧 |
[17:38] | Come on, in this neighborhood? | 别装了 这地方谁不认识谁啊 |
[17:40] | You heard I won money. I heard you need money. | 你知道我赢了钱 我知道你需要钱 |
[17:42] | – How much? – 5 grand for a lawyer. | – 要多少? – 5000元律师费 |
[17:45] | Look, I’ve never asked you for a penny, | 我从来没向你要过一分钱 |
[17:48] | but we’re in a lot of trouble right now. | 但我们现在麻烦透顶 |
[17:53] | I need your help. | 我需要你帮忙 |
[17:57] | You know how hard this is for me. | 你知道我很难向你开口 |
[18:08] | You always carry that kind of cash on you? | 你身上总是带这么多现金? |
[18:10] | I didn’t get a chance to deposit it in my checking account. | 我还没来得及存进支票帐户 |
[18:12] | I didn’t know they had checking accounts at O.T.B. | 原来玩场外赌博的人还有支票帐户 |
[18:17] | Look, I only got half right now. | 这样吧 |
[18:19] | I’ll give you the rest later. | 我现在只有一半 迟点把剩下的给你 |
[18:21] | But I want to see Justin in return. | 不过作为回报我要见见贾斯廷 |
[18:24] | I want to see my son. | 我想见我儿子 |
[18:34] | It’s not what it seems. It’s just a massage. | 不是你想像的那样 只是按摩而已 |
[18:37] | I have to review all of the hotel services. | 我必须评估酒店的所有服务 |
[18:39] | I don’t like strange, tall, muscle guys touching you. | 我不喜欢高大威猛的陌生男人碰你 |
[18:43] | It was nothing. | 根本没什么 失陪 |
[18:45] | – Excuse me. – Thank you, Sven. | 谢谢你 司文 你手艺很好 |
[18:47] | – You were wonderful. – You’re welcome. | 不客气 沃尔特 |
[18:49] | Walter- why are you here? | 你怎么会来这里? 怎么没去大西洋城? |
[18:51] | What happened to Atlantic City? | 我在西考克斯下了车 |
[18:54] | I got off the bus at Secaucus. I couldn’t go. I… | 我没法去 我… |
[18:59] | I just want to spend time with you, Betty. | 我就想和你在一起 贝蒂 |
[19:04] | It’s all about you and me. | 就你和我 无所谓是在大西洋城还是在… |
[19:06] | It doesn’t matter if it’s Atlantic City or a… | 一个舒适的酒店房间 |
[19:11] | a really nice hotel room. Wow. | 哇噢 – |
[19:15] | It’s beautiful, isn’t it? | 很漂亮吧? |
[19:17] | This is freakin’ sweet! | – 温馨死啦 |
[19:19] | I’m really glad you’re here. | 你能来我真高兴 但你知道的 |
[19:21] | But you know that I need to focus on my work. | 我得专心工作 我们可以一起过 |
[19:23] | We can have fun, | 但这个周末要以工作为主 – |
[19:25] | but this weekend is all about my review. | 我不会打扰你的 |
[19:28] | I’m not gonna get in your way. | – 行 |
[19:29] | Okay. | 我要换衣服 |
[19:30] | I need to get changed. I made dinner reservations. | 我预定了晚餐 好的 |
[19:32] | Okay. I’ll watch TV while you change. | 你换衣服的时候我可以看看电视 |
[19:35] | Walter, you can’t wear a t- shirt to a 3-star restaurant. | 沃尔特 你不能穿汗衫去三星级餐厅吃饭 |
[19:39] | Why not? Rock stars wear t-shirts to award shows. | 怎么不行? |
[19:41] | You’re not a rock star. | 摇滚明星还穿着汗衫出席颁奖礼呢 你又不是摇滚明星 |
[19:43] | You play the flute in a Jethro Tull tribute band. | 你只是翻唱杰思罗图尔乐队的吹笛手 |
[19:46] | We’re buying you a dress shirt. | 我们得给你买件正装衬衣 |
[19:54] | You like it? | 喜欢吗? |
[19:55] | It’s my prom dress. Wow. | 我毕业舞会的裙子 |
[19:59] | Our readership has climbed 10% in the past year, which is impressive, | 过去一年我们的读者数增长了10% |
[20:03] | considering the internet’s negative effect on the magazine industry. | 这一涨幅相当可观 尤其是杂志业大受互联网冲击的当下 |
[20:06] | Yeah, but the people that shop at Beaumart don’t read “Mode,” | 是 不过在博尔玛购物 |
[20:08] | and the people that read “Mode” are too uppity to shop at Beaumart. | 的人不看《时尚》 而看《时尚》的人 |
[20:10] | What’s the point of spending money on ads? | 又不屑于在博尔玛购物 花钱做广告有什么用? |
[20:12] | Well, we do have regular people that work here, Ted. | 在这里工作的也有普通人 泰德 |
[20:15] | We’re not out of touch with real America. | 我们并没有和现实世界脱节 |
[20:17] | I have an uncle who lives all the way out in New Jersey. | 我有个叔叔就长年住在新泽西州 时代不同了 |
[20:20] | Times are changing. Couture designers are branching out. | 时装设计师要拓展业务 |
[20:24] | Luella, Mizrahi, McCartney are all doing lines | 鲁埃拉 米兹拉希 |
[20:26] | for discount-brand stores. | 麦卡尼都在给大卖场设计衣服 |
[20:28] | With my help, I can convince a designer | (三者都是英国高档时装设计师) 我可以请设计师为博尔玛设计时装 |
[20:31] | to do a line for Beaumart. | 有意思 |
[20:33] | That’s interesting. Why don’t we chat about it over dinner? | 不如我们边吃边聊? 好极了 |
[20:35] | Oh, wonderful. I made reservations at Babbo. | 我在巴博订了位子 (纽约市中心的著名意大利餐馆) |
[20:38] | You know, I don’t come to New York City often, | 你知道 我不常来纽约 |
[20:40] | but when I do, there’s only one place I like to go to. | 但每次来 我只喜欢去一个地方 |
[20:48] | I love this place! | 咿哈! 我爱这里 |
[20:52] | I think we’re in Kansas, Toto. | 托托 我想我们来到了堪萨斯 |
[20:58] | But we’re only 15 minutes late. | (童话《绿野仙踪》里多萝西和小狗托托的家就在堪萨斯) 我们只迟到了15分钟 |
[21:00] | We gave up the table after 10 minutes. | 预订的座位我们只保留10分钟 |
[21:02] | It’s friday night, and we’re completely booked. | 今天是周五晚上 所有位子都订光了 |
[21:04] | You’re not getting in tonight. | 今晚你们进不去了 我们回房间去吧 |
[21:06] | Let’s just go upstairs. We’ll order room service. | 叫酒店送餐 我们可以粘在一起 |
[21:08] | We’ll snuggle. It’ll be romantic. | 玩点浪漫 |
[21:11] | No! Walter, I have to eat here. | 不 沃尔特 我今晚必须在这里吃 这是我的工作 |
[21:13] | This is my job. Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[21:15] | I’m here reviewing your hotel for my magazine. | 我在为杂志撰写关于贵酒店的评论 |
[21:17] | I’m from “Mode. ” “Mode. “ | 我是《时尚》的 《时尚》杂志 |
[21:26] | My mistake. I have a lovely table waiting for you. | 我弄错了 |
[21:29] | Please follow me. | 我们专为您准备好了一张漂亮的桌子 请跟我来 |
[21:40] | Give it back. | 还回去 |
[21:42] | I don’t want to be indebted to that loser. | 我不想欠那混蛋的钱 |
[21:45] | After everything he’s put you through? No. | 他让你受了多少苦? 没门 |
[21:46] | Papi, drop it. It’s done. | 老爸 别提了 都过去了 |
[21:50] | Santos is not a generous man. | 桑托斯不会这么大方 |
[21:54] | What did you have to do for the money? | 你要做什么来回报他? |
[21:57] | He’s coming to see Justin tonight. | 他今晚要来看贾斯廷 |
[22:01] | You’re just asking for trouble, mija. | 你在自找麻烦 乖女 |
[22:15] | I know that’s not the picture I chose, because the one I chose, | 那不是我当初选的照片 |
[22:18] | it wasn’t focused, unless I’m going blind-oh! | 我当初选的那张是没有对焦的 除非是我眼瞎了 |
[22:24] | Very, very nice, girls. | 太好了 姐妹们 |
[22:27] | Who ordered this? | 谁叫的? |
[22:29] | – Hmm? – Not me. | 不是我 |
[22:43] | So you obviously made it to the tenth chapter, | 显然你已经看到了第十章 |
[22:46] | where I mention indian food as an aphrodisiac. | 我提到印度菜有催情作用 |
[22:51] | Sorry about what I said before. | 我为刚才说的话道歉 |
[22:54] | The whole breast thing. | 乳房的事情 |
[22:56] | Apology accepted. So what do you think? | 接受道歉 你觉得怎么样? |
[22:59] | Oh, yeah, no. I’m getting into it. | 是 不 |
[23:01] | It’s pretty funny. Interesting. | 我开始着迷 很有意思 很有趣 |
[23:04] | But you really think men are gonna be obsolete in a thousand years? | 不过 你真的认为男人会 在一千年之后灭绝吗 |
[23:07] | Oh, absolutely. Maybe sooner. | 绝对会 说不定更快 |
[23:10] | That doesn’t mean I wouldn’t miss you. | 这不意味着我不会怀念你 |
[23:12] | What else caught your eye? | 还有什么吸引你? |
[23:14] | Well, you’re the first one in your family to graduate college, | 你是你们家族的第一个大学生 |
[23:17] | you speak five languages, | 会讲5种语言 |
[23:20] | and you still have a bullet in your hip from a… | 你有颗子弹至今留在臀部 |
[23:24] | hunting trip. | 打猎时留下的 |
[23:28] | Oh, my god. | 天啊 |
[23:30] | How can you eat this? | 这你也吃得下? |
[23:32] | I’m mexican. This is nothing. | 我是墨西哥人 小菜一碟 |
[23:34] | Oh, you look like you could use some air. | 看来你需要点新鲜空气 |
[23:36] | Do you ride? | – 你是骑士吗? |
[23:39] | Ride what? | – 骑什么? |
[23:56] | Red wine reduction. | 浓缩红酒 (法餐常用于调味的红酒汁) |
[23:59] | Why would I want my food reduced? | 我干吗只能吃浓缩食品? |
[24:02] | Maybe it has less calories? | 也许卡路里会少点? |
[24:05] | I think we should get the chef’s tasting menu. | 我们应该点”大厨推荐” |
[24:07] | It’s probably his greatest hits. | 肯定是招牌菜 |
[24:09] | So tell me- | 你说说… |
[24:10] | would you say that the ambience is romantic | 你觉得这里的气氛适合情侣约会 |
[24:15] | or better suited for business occasions? | 还是商务宴请? |
[24:19] | I don’t know. It’s kind of pretentious. | 我不知道 我觉得这里挺做作的 |
[24:23] | Walter, look. | 沃尔特 |
[24:24] | I’ve never written anything like this before, | 我从来没有写过这类东西 |
[24:26] | so I don’t know what I’m supposed to be focusing on, | 不知道要把重点放在哪里 |
[24:28] | and I’d really appreciate some help. | 我真的很需要你的建议 |
[24:30] | I don’t know anything about this stuff. | 我对这个一窍不通啊 |
[24:33] | You know what? Maybe if we go upstairs, right? | 叫我说 我们不如回房间 |
[24:36] | Order a couple of burgers, watch a little cable… | 点几个汉堡包 看一会有线… |
[24:40] | I can help you review the TV reception. | 我可以帮你评估电视的接收状况 |
[24:43] | What? | 好 来了 |
[24:44] | Okay, here we go. | 好 来了 |
[24:47] | – Do you serve food? – Of course, sweetie. | – 有吃的吗? – 当然有 甜心 |
[24:55] | Anything non-dairy? | 有没有非奶制品? |
[24:57] | Ted, let’s talk ad pages. | 泰德 我们谈谈广告版面吧 |
[24:58] | Just a second. Let me see that menu, cutie. | 稍等 让我看看菜单 甜心 |
[25:03] | Okay, we’ll have an order of nachos, extra chili, | 好 我们要 烤干酪辣味玉米片 重辣 |
[25:06] | and we want some hot wings, and keep that beer coming, darlin’. | 还要一些热辣鸡翅(水牛城鸡翅的代称) 啤酒尽管上 亲爱的 |
[25:08] | Do you like buffalo wings, Willy? | 你喜欢水牛城鸡翅吗 威莉 |
[25:10] | Oh, they are my favorite snack. Especially on super bowl sunday. | 我最喜欢的零食 尤其在周日看超级碗时最爱吃 |
[25:13] | Marc! | 马克! |
[25:15] | You know, I think, it’s… | – 呃 我…太… |
[25:17] | – Marc, you can leave, darling. – I love you. | – 马克 你走吧 亲爱的 |
[25:19] | Oh, come on! | 来吧! |
[25:29] | Uh, it’s a lucky shot. | 运气球 |
[25:31] | No luck. I’m good. | 不是运气 是实力 |
[25:35] | Three out of five. | 五盘三胜 |
[25:37] | Do you really want to do that to yourself? I play to win. | 你真的要跟自己过不去吗? 我肯定赢你 |
[25:40] | So do I. Let’s, uh, make it a little more interesting? | 我也是 增加一些趣味吧? |
[25:44] | Keep that wallet out. I’m gonna empty it. | 钱包留着 我要赢光你的钱 |
[25:46] | Really? | 真的? |
[25:47] | Come on. Show me your rack. | 来吧 让我瞧瞧你有多”强” |
[25:54] | Sweet corn foam with black truffle jelly | 甜玉米泡沫配黑菌冻 |
[25:57] | and duck foie gras air. | 及肥鸭肝空气 |
[25:59] | Compliments of the chef. | 大厨敬赠 |
[26:01] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[26:06] | Which one’s foam, and which one’s air? | 哪个是泡沫 哪个是空气 |
[26:08] | Well, that’s obvious. It’s… | 很明显嘛… |
[26:10] | whichever one’s lighter is the air. | 浅色的是空气 |
[26:14] | Um, I think we’re supposed to dip the bread in the foam. | 我觉得应该是用面包蘸泡沫吃 |
[26:19] | Go ahead. Dip. | 试试 蘸一下 |
[26:38] | Would you say that | 你会否说它 |
[26:41] | that ravished your inquisitive palate… | “令你欲豁难填的口舌无比销魂”? |
[26:44] | or induced an orgasmic explosion | 或者 |
[26:47] | of scintillating flavors on your taste buds? | “勾出了电光火石般的味蕾高潮”? |
[26:50] | It’s like eating shaving cream. | 好像在吃剃须膏 |
[27:04] | – Did you call him? – Four times. | 打电话给他了吗? |
[27:06] | It went straight to voice mail. | 打了四次 都直接转到了语音邮箱 |
[27:08] | Mom, it’s okay. He’s not coming. | 妈妈 算了吧 |
[27:10] | Just forget about it. | 他不会来了 别想了 |
[27:12] | He’s right. And it’s better this way. | 他说得对 不来才好 |
[27:15] | You don’t need him around. | 不要让他老纠缠你 |
[27:17] | He’s a speeding train coming right at you. | 他只会像个高速火车那样 把你撞得遍体鳞伤 |
[27:40] | Why do you think I’m a tease? | – 你为什么认为我是风骚女? |
[27:42] | Why do you think I’m a sexaholic? | – 你为什么认为我是性爱狂? |
[28:09] | You win. | 你赢了 |
[28:11] | Why did you just throw the game? | 你干吗故意输掉? |
[28:13] | Because your ego was getting a little bruised. | 因为你的自尊受到了小小的伤害 |
[28:16] | Sofia, let’s end the games. | 索菲亚 |
[28:19] | You never answered my question. | 别再耍把戏了 你从不正面回答我的问题 |
[28:21] | Why do you think I’m a sexaholic? | 你为什么认为我是色情狂? |
[28:23] | I never said that. | 我没有这样说过 |
[28:25] | But you sent that article over to Betty. | 但是你把那篇文章给贝蒂 |
[28:27] | It was about me, right? | – 讲的就是我 |
[28:29] | You’re so narcissistic. | 对不对? – 你太自恋了 |
[28:31] | What makes you think it was not about me? | 你怎么就不认为讲的是我自己? |
[28:54] | That’s it. | 够了 |
[28:56] | I am gonna grab that son of a bitch by the back of his neck | 我要抓住那混蛋的后脖子 |
[28:58] | and drag him down Roosevelt boulevard. | 拖着他在罗斯福大道游街 |
[29:01] | Keep watching. I might be on the 11:00 news. | 留意看电视 我也许会出现在11点新闻报道 |
[29:15] | Jellied terrine of brown crab | 黑蟹胶配羊脑及西葫芦 |
[29:17] | with lamb’s brains and courgette. | |
[29:20] | What’s courgette? | – 什么叫西葫芦? |
[29:22] | Zucchini. | – 小胡瓜 |
[29:24] | Why didn’t you just say zucchini? | 为什么不直接说小胡瓜? |
[29:27] | Because they call it courgette. | 他们就叫西葫芦 |
[29:30] | I’m not eating this. It’s gross. | 我才不要吃这个 看着就恶心 |
[29:32] | Walter, please. | – 沃尔特 求你了 |
[29:34] | I want real food, Betty! | – 我要吃真正的食物 贝蒂 |
[29:35] | Walter, will you please keep your voice down? | 沃尔特 你别这么大声好吗? |
[29:38] | Could I just get a burger and fries? | 我就要份汉堡包加薯条行不行? |
[29:41] | I’ll see what I can do, sir. | 我尽量为您安排 先生 |
[29:45] | I can’t believe that you just did that. | 你居然说得出口 |
[29:47] | What? What’s the big deal? It’s a restaurant. | 什么? 有什么大不了的? |
[29:49] | They have a stove. They can make me a cheeseburger. | 是餐厅就有炉子 就可以给我烤芝士汉堡 |
[29:52] | Oh, I should’ve asked for cheese. | 哦 忘了跟他说要芝士 |
[29:53] | You know how important this review is to me, and you’re sabotaging it | 你知道这篇评论对我很重要 |
[29:56] | because you’ve never liked me working at “Mode. “ | 你故意搞破坏 因为你根本不喜欢我在《时尚》工作 |
[29:59] | No, what-I’m not trying to sabotage you. | 不是…我没有故意破坏 |
[30:01] | I just don’t like this place, | 我只是不喜欢这个地方 |
[30:03] | and I-I don’t like pretending to be somebody that I’m not. | 我不喜欢装模作样 |
[30:07] | What? What, you’re saying that I’m pretending? | 什么 什么? 你说我在装模作样? |
[30:09] | Yeah, and I don’t get it. | 对 我简直搞不懂你 |
[30:12] | We don’t belong in places like these. | 我们不属于这种地方 |
[30:14] | No, Walter, maybe you don’t belong. | 不 沃尔特 也许是你不属于这里 |
[30:19] | You’re right. I don’t. | 你说得对 我不属于 |
[30:22] | I don’t know Betty from “Mode. “ | 我不认识《时尚》的贝蒂 |
[30:24] | I like Betty from Queens. | 我喜欢皇后区的贝蒂 |
[30:28] | You know, why don’t you tell her | 皇后区贝蒂出现时 |
[30:30] | to give me a call when she shows up? | 可否叫她打电话给我? |
[30:43] | Nestled in downtown gotham, | 坐落在纽约市中心… |
[30:45] | the hotbed of all that is super chic and scrumptiously posh, | 这个超级时尚潮流之都 |
[30:50] | 50 Prince is an absolutely delectable dreamland. | 50王子酒店绝对是温馨的梦幻岛 |
[30:56] | Hate that. This isn’t me. It’s not who I am. | 讨厌 这不像我 我不是这种人 |
[31:19] | Hi. It’s Betty. | 你好 我是贝蒂 |
[31:37] | You’re too late. Justin’s already asleep, | 你太晚了 贾斯廷睡了 |
[31:40] | and I have been looking all over for your ass. | 我一整晚都在找你这个混蛋 |
[31:44] | So what? Tell me, what is the excuse this time? | 怎样? 这回你又要找个什么借口? |
[32:08] | I can offer you an insert in the june issue. | 我可在六月号给你安排一个插页 |
[32:11] | It’s our bridal issue. It is one of our top-selling. | 婚礼特辑 是我们销量最好的特辑之一 |
[32:13] | One more round. | 再喝一轮 泰德 兄弟会到此为止 你就没打算投广告 |
[32:14] | Oh, Ted. Enough with the frat party. | 泰德 |
[32:17] | You’re not gonna advertise. | 兄弟会到此为止 |
[32:19] | Just a minute. | 你就没打算投广告 请等一下 |
[32:25] | Hey, Nico. | 妮可 |
[32:27] | Did you get the, uh, care package I sent you? | 有没有收到我寄给你的爱心包裹? |
[32:31] | Oh, of-of course I knew you’re allergic to perfume. | 哦 当…当然 |
[32:34] | That was for your roommate. | 我知道你对香水过敏 是送给你舍友的 |
[32:36] | You don’t have a roommate? | 你没有舍友? |
[32:39] | Well… | |
[32:40] | darling, I’m doing the best I can. | 亲爱的 我已经尽力了 |
[32:43] | Well, how- how am I supposed to know you’re in jelly bean withdrawal? | 我怎么知道你不吃豆豆糖了? |
[32:47] | E- mail me a list. I’ll have Marc go to the- | 用电邮发份清单给我 我叫马克去… |
[32:51] | Nico. | 妮可 |
[33:03] | Just… what happened? | 怎么回事? |
[33:08] | The money I gave you- I owed it to my bookie. | 我给你的钱 是欠庄家的 |
[33:11] | I was about to come over to the house, | 我正准备出发来你们家时 |
[33:12] | but a couple of large guys paid me a little visit. | 赶上几个壮汉来访 |
[33:15] | Well, at least they left you with your teeth. | 他们至少没有敲掉你的牙齿 |
[33:17] | That was very considerate of them. | 他们还挺体贴的 |
[33:20] | Yeah, but I still had to cancel my big photo shoot. | 是 不过我被迫 取消一个大型的拍摄会 |
[33:22] | With this face? | 就你这张脸? |
[33:24] | You could do a public service announcement | 你可以去拍个公益广告 |
[33:27] | about the dangers of illegal gambling. | 就讲非法赌博的危害性 |
[33:34] | I’m sorry you spent all night looking for me. | 害你找了我整晚 我很抱歉 |
[33:37] | I’m sorry about a lot of other stuff, too. | 还有很多事情我也很抱歉 |
[33:40] | Okay, don’t- don’t start getting all real and emotional. | 行啦 |
[33:44] | It’s not sexy. | 别开始玩煽情 一点都不性感 |
[33:49] | I just- I didn’t want Justin to see me like this, you know? | 我…我只是不想 让贾斯廷看到我这样 |
[33:54] | Hey, you know… | 嗨 |
[33:56] | it’s just a little blood, and… | 只不过有点小血印 |
[33:59] | a couple of bruises. | 几块瘀青而已 |
[34:03] | You’ll be brand new when he sees you on Thanksgiving. | 等到他感恩节见到你时 你就复原了 |
[34:09] | I’d like you to come. | 我希望你到时过来 |
[34:15] | Watch it. | 看着点 |
[34:17] | That’s what you get. | 你活该 |
[34:19] | I have three teenage daughters. | 我有三个正处青春期的女儿 |
[34:23] | When their hormones kick in, | 她们荷尔蒙一发作 |
[34:26] | one minute they love you, the next, they’re saying | 这分钟还很爱你 |
[34:29] | and doing everything they can to put the hurt on you. | 下一分钟就用各种言语和行动 来伤你的心 |
[34:32] | Well, she has every reason to be angry at me. | 唉 她有充足的理由恨我 |
[34:35] | I didn’t put together her care package. | 我没有亲手打包爱心包裹 |
[34:37] | I had Marc do it. | 是叫马克代劳的 |
[34:38] | She’s like cat in a saw? | 他像不像锯子上的猫? |
[34:41] | She’s all upset? | 她很伤心? |
[34:44] | I believe the exact words were, “I hate you. You suck. “ | 我相信她真正想说的是 我恨你 你糟透了 |
[34:48] | If you’d been a stay-at-home mom and baked cookies, | 即使你当全职妈妈 给她烤曲奇饼 |
[34:51] | she’d still hate you and think you suck. | 她还是会恨你 觉得你糟透 |
[34:53] | The truth of the matter is, I could’ve tried to bake some cookies… | 问题就在于 |
[34:57] | at least once. | 我从来没有给她烤过曲奇饼 一次也没有过 |
[34:58] | When my girls were little, | 我女儿还小的时候 |
[35:00] | I worked 15 hours a day. | 我每天工作15个小时 |
[35:03] | Now I’m trying to make up for it. | 现在我想补偿她们 |
[35:07] | It’s what you have to do. | 你必须这样做 |
[35:10] | It’s what your daughter wants. | 也是你女儿希望的 |
[35:15] | You know, I’m glad I saw this side of you. | 知道吗 我很高兴发现了你的另一面 |
[35:18] | Wilhelmina Slater’s a mom. | 威廉敏娜·斯莱特是一个妈妈 |
[35:21] | Trying to be a mom. | 一个不称职的妈妈 |
[35:24] | Well, someone who makes the effort to be a good parent | 努力做好父母的人 |
[35:27] | is the kind of person I want to work with. | 正是我想要的合作伙伴 |
[35:30] | You’ll advertise with us? | 你打算在我们杂志投广告了? |
[35:32] | Actually, I made that decision after your sales pitch back at the office, | 其实刚才在你办公室听你介绍之后 我就决定了 |
[35:34] | but I thought I’d have a little fun at your expense. | 后来只是想寻你开心 |
[35:38] | So now I’d like some real food. | 现在我想来顿真正的晚饭 |
[35:40] | What do you say we go over to Babbo? | 去巴博餐厅怎么样? |
[35:42] | I know Mario. He’ll keep his kitchen open for me. | 我认识大厨马里奥 |
[35:45] | Oh, thank you! | 他的厨房随时向我敞开 太感谢了! |
[36:05] | What’s in the bag? | – 袋里是什么? |
[36:08] | Your burger. | – 你的汉堡 |
[36:10] | It’s kinda cold, and I ate half of it, but it’s really good. | 有点凉了 我吃了一半 不过味道还不错 |
[36:14] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[36:17] | You came all the way back here to bring me a burger? | 你一路赶回来就是要给我带汉堡? |
[36:19] | No. I came back to apologize. | 不 我是回来道歉的 |
[36:24] | You know, when I said that you didn’t belong, I was talking about me. | 你知道 我说你不属于那里 其实说的是我自己 |
[36:28] | I was just so nervous that I couldn’t do things the right way. | 我只是很担心做不好工作 |
[36:31] | I don’t get it. Why-why do you put yourself through it? | 我不明白 为什么你要这样逼自己? |
[36:35] | Because… | 因为…这份工作是我长久的梦想 |
[36:38] | it’s-it’s what I’ve always dreamed of doing. | |
[36:47] | I’m scared of losing you. | 我很怕失去你 |
[36:54] | You’re not gonna lose me. | 你不会失去我 |
[36:56] | I’m here. | 我就在你身边 |
[36:59] | I just need you to support me. | 我只需要你支持我 |
[37:23] | I used the shampoo you bought me. | 我用了你买给我的洗发水 |
[37:25] | It really gets the frizz out. | 头发真的平顺了 |
[37:26] | Oh, that’s great. | 太好了 我准备出门了 |
[37:28] | – I gotta get going. – Here. | – 拿好这个 |
[37:29] | – Good luck. – Thank you. | 祝你好运 – 谢谢 |
[37:31] | I think I did a good job. I’m really proud of it. | 我认为自己做得还不错 我很自豪 |
[37:33] | That’s what counts, mi amor. | 这才重要 乖女 |
[37:34] | – Have a good day. – Thank you. | – 嗨 祝你愉快 – 嗨 谢谢 |
[37:36] | Justin, I need to talk to you for a second. | – 贾斯廷 |
[37:38] | Okay. | 我想和你谈谈 – 行 |
[37:40] | I better get ready for work. | 我得赶紧上班了 |
[37:44] | I have a big surprise for you. | 我有个惊喜给你 |
[37:46] | Guess who’s coming to Thanksgiving dinner? | 猜猜谁会来参加感恩节晚餐? |
[37:48] | Martha Stewart? I won the contest! | 玛莎·斯图尔特? 我赢了比赛! (美国著名女商人) |
[37:51] | Martha Stewart? No. | 什么玛莎·斯图尔特? |
[37:54] | Your father. | 不对 是你爸爸 |
[37:56] | I’ll believe that when I see it. | 亲眼看到我才相信 |
[37:59] | Look… papito, I know your father messes up sometimes… | 乖儿子 我知道你爸爸有时会做错事… |
[38:05] | all the time, but he means well, | 经常做错事 |
[38:08] | and he loves you. | 但他心地很好 而且他很爱你 |
[38:10] | It’s just something came up the other night. | – 那晚他只是突然有事 |
[38:11] | I’ve heard that excuse. | – 又是这个借口 |
[38:13] | Look, your dad came through with the money to help your grandpa, | 你爸爸费劲去弄钱 是为了帮助外公 |
[38:17] | so we have to open our home to him. | 我们不能把他当外人 |
[38:20] | I guess. It’s just… | 也许吧 不过… |
[38:24] | Martha would have been a better surprise. | 玛莎来了我会更惊喜 |
[38:38] | Good morning. | 嗨 早上好 |
[38:40] | Our offices are all cleaned up, so | 我们办公室全部清理干净了 |
[38:42] | we’ll be getting out of your way. | 不用再妨碍你了 |
[38:44] | Out of my way? Sofia, | 妨碍? |
[38:45] | I haven’t stopped thinking about you all weekend. | 索菲亚 整个周末我都在想你 |
[38:48] | Sent you a message-messages. | 给你发了一条消息…好几条 |
[38:51] | You get my e-mails? | 收到我的电邮吗? |
[38:53] | Yeah, I was busy. | – 收到了 |
[38:55] | Busy doing what? | 我当时忙 – 忙什么? |
[38:58] | I had plans… | 我有事要和我男朋友做 |
[39:00] | with my boyfriend. | |
[39:05] | Apologies galore for friday night. | 周五晚上的事情我万分抱歉 |
[39:07] | There’s something about drinking out of body parts | 那种”女体盛”让我反胃 |
[39:09] | that makes me feel kind of pukey. | |
[39:12] | I assume you landed the account. | – 看来你不辱使命 |
[39:14] | Among other things. | – 还有额外收获 |
[39:15] | You must have had some weekend. | 这周末过得不一般吧 |
[39:17] | A straight man bought you shoes-nice ones. | 直男送你皮靴 很好看噢 |
[39:20] | I peeked… and maybe tried them on. | 我偷看了一眼 好像还试穿了一下 |
[39:25] | “A little high fashion and a little down-home country | 高调的时尚配上低调的乡村风格 |
[39:29] | make a great match. | 相得益彰 |
[39:31] | Love, Ted. “ | 泰德致上 |
[40:02] | Wow, it’s really good. | 很好 |
[40:05] | You did great. | 你写得很好 |
[40:07] | I don’t think I can use it, though. | 不过我不能用 |
[40:09] | But you just said it was really good. | 你说我写得很好啊 |
[40:11] | No, it is. I mean, it’s-it’s… | 对 没错 |
[40:14] | really you, Betty. | 很有你的风格 贝蒂 |
[40:16] | It’s just… not really “Mode. “ | 只是不太有《时尚》的风格 |
[40:20] | Right. | 好了 |
[40:22] | Okay, yeah. | 行吧 |
[40:24] | I guess I understand that. | 我明白 |
[40:25] | See, our readers-they’re not interested in a regular girl point of view. | 读者对普通女生的观点不感兴趣 |
[40:29] | They want something sleek and, uh, and glamorous. | 他们喜欢时髦、迷人的东西 |
[40:34] | I will print a shorter version, though- | 不过我会刊登缩略版 |
[40:35] | the name of the hotel, the, uh, the 3-star rating you gave it. | 写明酒店的名字 以及你给的3星评级 |
[40:39] | Okay. | 好 |
[40:41] | Well, thank you for the opportunity, | 谢谢你给我机会 |
[40:43] | and I hope that if another assignment comes up, | 希望下次有这样的活儿 |
[40:46] | you’ll let me try again. | 你还会让我尝试 |
[40:47] | Absolutely. | – 当然 |
[40:50] | Okay. | – 好 |
[41:05] | Oh, there you are. | 噢 |
[41:07] | I’ve been looking everywhere for you. | 你在这呀 我到处找你 |
[41:09] | Why are you hiding in the bathroom? | 你怎么躲在洗手间? |
[41:11] | I’m not hiding. | 我没躲 |
[41:12] | I’m just… | 只是… |
[41:15] | I’m hiding. | 我是在躲 |
[41:17] | Is it because of this? | 因为这个? |
[41:20] | I blew it. He’s not gonna run it. | 我写砸了 他不会刊载 |
[41:24] | Betty… | 贝蒂 |
[41:26] | what do you care what he thinks? | 何必在乎他的想法? |
[41:29] | You cannot let other people’s opinions get you down, | 不能因为别人的看法就把自己看扁了 |
[41:32] | especially in this business. | 尤其在我们这行 |
[41:34] | Now enough of the pity party. | 不要再伤心了 |
[41:38] | Come on. Stand up straight. | 来 挺直腰杆 |
[41:40] | Come on, come on, come on, come on. | 来来来 |
[41:42] | Chin up. | 抬起头 |
[41:43] | Show me those braces. | 让我看见你的牙套 |
[41:49] | Now repeat after me. | 跟着我说 |
[41:51] | – I am an attractive… | – I am an attractive… – 我是美丽… – 我是美丽… |
[41:54] | – intelligent… | – intelligent… – 聪明… – 聪明… |
[41:56] | confident businesswoman. | 自信的职业女性 |
[41:58] | – You did read my book. – I did. | – 你还真看过我的书 – 没错 |
[42:01] | I thought your article was terrific. | 我认为你的文章棒极了 |
[42:03] | – You liked it? | |
[42:05] | I loved it. | 你喜欢? – |
[42:09] | Oh, I almost forgot. | 喜欢死了 |
[42:11] | I’m running your article in my magazine… | 差点忘了说 我想在我的杂志登你的稿子 |
[42:15] | if it’s all right with you. | 假如你同意的话 |
[42:20] | Yes! | 棒! |