时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Ta-da! | |
[00:03] | We’re Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You’re under arrest. | 我们是移民及海关局执法局的 苏亚雷斯先生 你被逮捕了 |
[00:07] | You know, I’m glad I saw this side of you. | 要知道 我很高兴能看到你的另一面 |
[00:11] | Best-selling author behind MYW, Sofia Reyes. | 最畅销书作家 《M.Y.W》女主编 索菲娅·芮姿 |
[00:16] | – Did you get my e-mails? – Yeah, I was busy… with my boyfriend. | 收到我的电子邮件了么 恩 不过我很忙 忙着和男友一起 |
[00:21] | Come work for my magazine. You’ll have your own assistant within a year. | 来为我的杂志工作吧 一年之内你就会有自己的助手 |
[00:25] | I guess this is goodbye. | 我想这就是告别了 |
[00:27] | You’re destined for bigger things. | 你注定有更广阔的发展空间 |
[00:29] | Sofia. Hi. You make my heart beat faster. | 索菲娅 你让我心跳加快 |
[00:34] | You do take my breath away. | 你让我魂不守舍 |
[00:36] | I love you, Sofia. | 我爱你 索菲娅 |
[00:42] | And we’re live in 60 seconds. | 直播60秒倒计时开始 |
[00:47] | On the bell, people. OK camera two, tighten up. Ready camera one. | 各就各位 好 固定两号摄像机 一号摄像机准备 |
[00:51] | Last looks, people. | 最后检查 各就各位 |
[00:52] | – Frodo. Where you think you’re going? – To speak to Daniel Meade. | 嗨 小矮子 你往哪儿走呢 我想和丹尼尔·米德讲几句话 |
[00:56] | – He’s on stage, we’re going on air. – OK, but it’s an emergency! | 他在台上 还有一分钟不到我们就要开始直播了 我知道 可情况紧急 |
[01:00] | – What’s your name? – Betty Suarez. Sofia Reyes’ assistant. | 你叫什么 贝蒂·苏亚雷斯 我是索菲娅·芮姿的助手 |
[01:03] | We’ve been specifically instructed not to let you near them. | 抱歉 我们得到特别指示 不能让你接近他们 |
[01:07] | What? | 什么? |
[01:09] | Hey! | |
[01:12] | Security, get her out of here! | 保安 把她拉出去 |
[01:14] | – Daniel! – In five… four… | 丹尼尔! |
[01:17] | …three… | 6,5,4,3,2… 24小时前 |
[01:18] | …two… | -丹尼尔? |
[01:24] | Daniel? | 瞧那! 冰激淋果冻早餐! |
[01:28] | I made it all by myself. | 是我亲手做的 |
[01:30] | There are a lot of layers, you have to eat to the bottom. | 有很多层 |
[01:33] | – ‘Cause, there’s a surprise. – Really? | 你得一路吃到底 因为最后有惊喜哦 |
[01:39] | Have I told you how impossible the last two weeks away from you were? | 真的? 我有说过 |
[01:42] | Mmm. It was unbearable for me too. | 你不在的两周我有多难熬么 对我来说也很难熬呀 |
[01:46] | Why is my yogurt crunchy? | 为什么我的酸奶吃起来脆脆的? |
[01:48] | That’s the pine nut layer. You got to keep going. | 哦,那是松仁层 你还得继续往下吃 |
[01:51] | So promise me you’ll never spend that much time away from me again. | 答应我 别再离开我那么久了 |
[01:54] | Are you asking me to stick around? | 你是在要我和你形影不离么 |
[01:58] | What’s the surprise? | 惊喜到底是什么? |
[02:00] | Papaya! It was your favorite fruit growing up, right? | 番木瓜 这是你从小到大最喜欢的水果了 对吧 |
[02:02] | I cut it into little heart-shaped pieces, you see? | 你看 我把它切成了小块小块的心型 看见了么 |
[02:07] | No ring? | 没有戒指? |
[02:09] | We haven’t even gone through the “Steps of Love” yet. | 没有戒指? 恩 可是我们还没走完恋爱必经之路呢 |
[02:12] | – What steps of love? – Chapter one from your book. | 什么恋爱必经之路? 你书里的第一章 |
[02:14] | Things a couple do before they get engaged, | 情侣订婚前应该做的事情 |
[02:17] | meeting each other’s parents, going on an exotic vacation… | 会见双方父母 共度一个狂野又特别的假期 |
[02:20] | I wrote that chapter in the book just to give it some pizzazz. | 我写那章只是为了给书的情节加些料 |
[02:24] | They’re turning it into a movie next year. Penelope Cruz is dying to play me. | 明年这本书就要被拍成电影 佩内洛普·克鲁兹急不可待要演我 |
[02:28] | So the part about wearing each other’s underwear for a day? | 恩…那么… 那个穿对方内衣一天的部分呢 |
[02:32] | – No. I was drunk when I wrote that. – Thank God. | 不…我写那段的时候喝醉了 |
[02:34] | This thing is kind of riding up. | 感谢上帝 裤子好像往上缩了… |
[02:38] | Listen, Daniel, forget about the book. | 听着 丹尼尔 忘了那本书 |
[02:41] | This… is right. | 这才是正确的 |
[02:44] | Can’t you feel it? | 你感觉不到么? |
[02:47] | I do. | 感觉到了 |
[02:50] | I really do. | 真的 |
[02:52] | I just… I want to savor this time. | 我只是…想尽情享受此刻 |
[03:09] | You are not wearing that sweater vest! | 你怎么能穿这件毛线背心! |
[03:15] | – You don’t like it? – No, I don’t like it. | 你不喜欢? 是的 我不喜欢 |
[03:18] | I love it. I almost bought the same one at Lady’s for Less. | 我是爱死它了 我差点买了件一样的 |
[03:22] | – Forty off? – Yeah. Oh, you must be Betty. | 打六折的? 对! 你一定是贝蒂 |
[03:26] | Sofia’s told us all about you. I hear you were a star at Mode. | 索菲娅把你的事都告诉我们了 听说你是《时尚》的闪耀之星 |
[03:30] | Oh, no, no. I don’t know about that. | 哦 不 不 |
[03:32] | Well, honestly, I don’t know how you did it. | 我还真不知道呢 老实说我不知道你是怎么做到的 |
[03:35] | My rosacea flairs up if the elevator even stops on that floor. | 连电梯在那层停一下 我都要起鸡皮疙瘩 |
[03:38] | – Well, it wasn’t easy. – Cute bunny. | 是不容易啊 |
[03:41] | Well, MYW is a lot different. | 可爱的小兔子 《M.Y.W.》一点都不一样 |
[03:43] | You couldn’t ask for a better place to work, or a better boss than Sofia. | 你找不到比这更适于工作的地方 也找不到比索菲娅更好的上司 |
[03:47] | – Yeah, she’s so kind and supportive. – The best. | 是啊 她的确是个大好人 是最好的人 |
[03:51] | Listen, I’m right over here if you need me. | 听着 如果你要帮忙 我就在这儿 |
[03:53] | Just promise me you’ll lend me that sweater vest if I got a hot date. | 只要你答应我 如果我有重要约会就把这件背心借我穿 |
[03:58] | – Or any date. – It’s done. | 或者任何约会 |
[04:10] | Aah… I’m home. | 没问题 |
[04:16] | Oh! | 可算找到组织了 |
[04:20] | I thought I’d never say this… | 我以为我永远不会说这话 |
[04:23] | …but I miss Texas. | 不过我真的很想念德克萨斯州 是啊 |
[04:25] | I was a little worried that first day | 第一天你穿着”杰米”鞋 |
[04:29] | when you plunked your Jimmy Choos in cow dung. | 踩进牛粪的时候 我还有点为你担心呢 |
[04:32] | Well, it wasn’t as bad as you calling them “Jimmy Poo’s.” | 才没像你叫他们”杰米”屎时那么糟糕呢 |
[04:35] | Well, you got to admit that was funny. | 呵呵 你得承认这很有趣 |
[04:39] | Oh, there it goes again. Lucky my Colt’s not handy. | 噢 又来了 幸好我手边没枪 |
[04:42] | What am I supposed to do? I have to get back to reality. | 我到底该怎么做 我得回到现实了 |
[04:45] | Why don’t you hold onto a little bit of that calm you had in Texas with me? | 你就不能像 和我在德克萨斯时那样冷静么 |
[04:49] | You know, be a little more armadillo, a little less roadrunner. | 你明白 多像些犰狳 少做走鹃 |
[04:54] | Uh… A little more English, a little less Texan, please. | 多说点英语少说点德克萨斯话 |
[04:57] | The armadillo doesn’t move fast, but gets done what he needs to, | 犰狳并不活跃 |
[05:01] | then lies in the sun, the roadrunner never stops, | 但是该出手时就出手 然后就在阳光下晒太阳 |
[05:03] | feathers flying everywhere, running all over creation, doesn’t have any fun. | 走鹃就从来不肯停下来 羽毛到处都是 飞过很多地方 却得不到一点乐趣 |
[05:08] | Weren’t armadillos those animals we saw dead in the middle of the highway? | 犰狳 不就是我们看见 那些死在高速路中央的动物? |
[05:12] | Well, I never said they were smart. Just relaxed and happy. | 我从没说它们聪明 放松些 快乐些 |
[05:26] | What do you think of that, Mr. Armadillo? | 那你觉得这怎么样 犰狳先生 |
[05:34] | Mr. Suarez, do you have anything to prove your year of entry was 1977? | 苏亚雷斯先生 有什么东西能证明你是1977年入境的? |
[05:39] | Yeah. I think there’s ticket stubs to Saturday Night Fever somewhere in there. | 我想我还留着些”周六狂欢夜”的票根 |
[05:47] | – What are you writing? – None of your business. | 你在写什么? 不关你的事情 |
[05:50] | – Listen, lady… – My name is Constance, not “lady.” | – 听着 女士 – 我叫康斯坦斯 不叫女士 |
[05:53] | I was giving you the benefit of the doubt. | 我在使你消除对我的怀疑 |
[05:56] | Look, I’ve been living in this country for 30 years now. | 你看 我在这个国家已经住了将近30年了 |
[05:59] | I have two… I have two kids. | 我有二…我有两个孩子 |
[06:01] | My wife is buried here. | 我的妻子葬在这里 |
[06:03] | For two hours you’ve been grilling me like I’m… | -然而在过去的两小时里 你一直在拷问我 好像我… |
[06:06] | A criminal? | 罪犯? |
[06:08] | Mr. Suarez, in the eyes of the ICE, that’s exactly what you are. | 苏亚雷斯先生 在I.C.E.眼里你就是个罪犯 |
[06:11] | Let me remind you, you are in this country illegally. | 让我提醒你一下 你非法居住在这个国家 |
[06:15] | My department is the one thing standing between you and deportation. | 而我的部门决定你的去留 |
[06:20] | Now I got to go grab myself a smoothie. | 现在我得歇口气儿了 |
[06:23] | I hope by tomorrow morning you’ve… | 希望明天早晨 |
[06:26] | …found a new attitude and something to prove that year of entry. | 你态度能变变 还能找到些证明你入境年份的东西 |
[06:33] | Good day, Mr. Suarez. | 祝你好运 苏亚雷斯先生 |
[06:47] | Yeah, what department do I speak to about getting a new caseworker? | 是 |
[06:51] | Rise and Shine America called. | 如果我要换个社工该找哪个部门? “早安美国”来过电话 |
[06:53] | They want a copy of the issue before tomorrow’s appearance. | 在你明早出现以前 他们想要这期的复印刊 |
[06:56] | They can’t have it until I’ve decided on the cover, | 在我还没决定封面前他们拿不到复印刊 |
[06:59] | and I haven’t decided yet. What else? | 而我现在还没想好 还有其他的么 |
[07:01] | Bad news. The freelancer who wrote that female NASCAR driver story | 坏消息 |
[07:05] | sold the same article to Jane two years ago. | 女赛车手故事的自由撰稿人 两年前就把同一篇文章卖给了《珍爱》 |
[07:07] | What? That was our fish out of water story. Do we have anything else? | 什么 那可是能让我们独树一帜的报道 |
[07:11] | I have a friend who can paint with her feet. | 我们还有什么可以代替的? 我有个朋友 可以用脚画画 |
[07:16] | How is that a fish out of water? | 那算什么独树一帜 |
[07:18] | – She doesn’t have arms. – We need a socialite in the military. | 她没有手臂 |
[07:23] | – A grandma who bungee jumps. – I’m sorry I’m late. | 我们要的是军队社交名人 蹦极老奶奶 |
[07:26] | A girl like that working at Mode. | 对不起 我迟到了 一个像她那样在《时尚》工作的女孩 |
[07:29] | Everyone, if you haven’t met her, this is my executive assistant, Betty Suarez. | 各位 如果你们还没见过她 这是我新的行政助理 贝蒂·苏亚雷斯 |
[07:33] | Hi. | 好啊 |
[07:35] | She worked at Mode till just recently. | 好啊 她曾在《时尚》工作 直到最近才离开 |
[07:37] | – Quite a different vibe here. – Wow. Yeah. | 这里很不一样吧? |
[07:40] | For starters, it’s nice to see people actually eat. | 是啊 对于新人来说 能看到人们真的在吃东西真太好了 |
[07:44] | It’s nice to work with people of different colors, and shapes and sizes, | 还有–很高兴看到不同肤色 不同体态 |
[07:48] | – and handicapped. – Handicapable. | 还有手脚不便的人 手脚很便 |
[07:51] | Right. I’m sorry. I… | 是哦… 对不起 |
[07:54] | Betty… you are our fish. | 我… 贝蒂 你就是我们的帜 |
[08:01] | – Excuse me? – Our fish out of water. | 你说什么? 独树一帜的帜 |
[08:03] | Put down that coffee and pick up a pencil. | 放下咖啡拿起笔来 |
[08:05] | I want you to quickly write an article | 我要你立刻写一篇 |
[08:08] | all about your experience working at Mode. | 在《时尚》的工作经历的文章 |
[08:11] | Talk to people you interacted with. | 谈谈那些曾与你共事过的人 |
[08:13] | And Betty, get me good, honest quotes. | 然后 贝蒂 给我他们的真人真话 |
[08:17] | A normal fish in shark-infested waters. | 在鲨鱼群中求生存的小鱼 |
[08:20] | It’s great. Get started. Six hundred words by tomorrow. | 太棒了! 现在就开始 600字 明天交稿 |
[08:24] | Girls, come on, we have a magazine to launch. | 姑娘们 开动了 我们还有杂志要发行 |
[08:26] | – Sofia, can I talk to you? – Sure. | 索非娅 能和你谈谈么 |
[08:28] | I’m not sure how comfortable I feel doing this. | 当然 我不知道该用怎样的心情来写这文章 |
[08:31] | I just felt like I graduated Mode, | 就是 |
[08:34] | I was generally not treated well, I don’t know if I’m ready to go back | 我感觉我刚从《时尚》毕业 而在那我又没受到过优待 |
[08:37] | and write about the experience just yet. | 所以我不知道是否自己准备好回去 写在那的经历了 |
[08:40] | But, Betty, this is exactly why you need to do this. | 贝蒂 这就是你现在必须做的原因 |
[08:44] | The wounds are fresh. The article will be raw. | 伤口还是新的 文章会是自然 |
[08:48] | Real. Honest. | 真实 诚恳的 |
[08:52] | Qualities your former boss seems to be lacking. | 都些你前上司不具备的品质… |
[08:56] | – Huh? – Oh, Betty. | 哦 贝蒂… |
[08:59] | – Sofia, what’s wrong? – I think I’m losing Daniel. | 索菲娅 怎么了? 我觉得 我快要失去丹尼尔了 |
[09:03] | What? No. Daniel loves you. | 什么? 不可能! 丹尼尔爱你 |
[09:06] | Why is he stalling then? Huh? | 那他为何一拖再拖? 阿? |
[09:09] | This is where it happens. | 这就是事情发生的经过 |
[09:12] | He breaks down the girl, | 他征服了女孩 |
[09:14] | takes her heart, and squashes it. | 带走她的心 然后狠狠揉碎它 |
[09:19] | Oh, my God. | 哦 天啊 |
[09:21] | I think I am destined to be another one of Daniel Meade’s girls. | 我想我注定要变成另一个丹女郎了 |
[09:25] | No. No. Sofia… | 不会的! 不会的 索菲娅 |
[09:27] | And I left Hunter for Daniel. | 我还为丹尼尔离开了亨特 |
[09:31] | Now he’s back in Europe, and he won’t even talk to me anymore. | 现在他已经回到了欧洲 他再也不会跟我讲话了 |
[09:36] | I’m sorry, I’m just so overwhelmed. | 对不起 我只是有些情绪失控了 |
[09:42] | You go up to Mode and write that article. | 你现在去《时尚》 然后写好那篇文章 |
[09:46] | This is your big chance. | 这是你的大好机会 |
[09:52] | OK. | 好 |
[10:31] | What are you doing back? I thought you went to work for Feminazi Weekly. | 你回来到底要干什么? 我以为你去《女权纳粹周刊》工作了 |
[10:35] | I’m writing an article about being an outsider at Mode, | 我正以一个旁观者的角度 |
[10:38] | and I wanted to interview you. | 写篇有关《时尚》的文章 想采访你一下 |
[10:41] | As much fun as that sounds, I don’t have time for it right now. | 听上去很有趣 不过我现在真没时间做这些个 |
[10:44] | Wilhelmina is due back any second, she’s always tense after a relaxing vacation. | 威廉敏娜随时可能回来 度假放松归来的她总是极度紧张 |
[10:49] | Just a quick quote. Honestly. Tell me what was your first impression of me? | 好 那么 |
[10:53] | Um… | 就简单说两句 老实告诉我 你对我的第一印象是什么? |
[10:56] | There you have it. Now, please, just waddle off. | 就是这样 快摇摆着你的小短腿儿走吧 |
[11:00] | I don’t even know how to quote that. | 马克 我甚至不知道该怎么引述你的观点 |
[11:02] | Well, I was thrilled. Someone else to make fun of behind their backs. | 哦 真是令人激动 就是一个可以拿来在背后取笑的人 |
[11:06] | You also gave me a fun hobby to do, as well. | 你还让我多了一个爱好 |
[11:09] | Which was? | 是什么? |
[11:10] | Betty’s screensavers of shame! | 贝蒂之丑态百出系列屏保 |
[11:14] | They’re not as flattering as the ones I found of you on Dudecruise. com | 它们看上去没有像你在duducuise.com 上那么令人受宠若惊 |
[11:18] | – but they’re not bad. – You did not. | 不过还不错 你不会吧 |
[11:22] | Don’t you ever tell anyone. | 不要告诉任何人 |
[11:25] | – Erase those off your computer now. – Fine. | 那就马上把这些从电脑上删了 好 |
[11:31] | OK, everyone! She’s coming in! | 好 各就各位 她回来了 |
[11:34] | Move it. Let’s go people. Go, go, go! Look alive. Look… | 把它搬走 快走 快快快 |
[11:37] | Cover that up. You know how she feels about floral print. | 快动起来 把那个丑东西遮起来 你知道她看见花纹图案的感觉 |
[11:40] | Move it! The shark is in the box. | 把它弄走 老虎归山了 |
[11:43] | Go, Randall, go! | 快走 兰道尔 快 |
[11:47] | – Good morning, Marc. – Willie. | 早上好啊 马克 额 威….威莉? |
[11:50] | Hi. Are those jeans? | 哦…嗨 那是牛仔裤么? |
[11:53] | Aren’t they fabulous? | 是不是美极了? |
[11:55] | Ted took me to an outlet mall. | 泰德带我去了…折扣大卖场 |
[11:58] | I shopped next to fat people. | 就在胖子旁边买衣服 |
[12:01] | – Hello, Carl. How was your holiday? – Kevin. I spent it sending out resumes. | 好啊 卡尔 假期如何? 是凯文 我在投简历中度过 |
[12:06] | Why? | 为什么? |
[12:07] | You fired me at the Christmas party. I’m just packing. | 为什么? 你在圣诞节晚会上解雇了我 我正在打包 |
[12:10] | Is that true? | 真的么? |
[12:12] | – As if it never happened, Carl. – Kev… | 就当从没发生过吧 卡尔 |
[12:14] | Don’t push it. | -是凯 -别得寸进尺 |
[12:24] | So, I heard you called asking for a new caseworker. | 那么.. 我听说你打电话要求换一个社工 |
[12:27] | You don’t have to say anything. | 什么都别说 |
[12:29] | Maybe this wasn’t a good fit, you know? | 也许这样安排是不恰当 你知道 |
[12:32] | – It happens. – Look, I’m sorry, Constance. | 但发生了 我很抱歉 康斯坦斯 |
[12:35] | No problem. Good luck to you. | 没关系 |
[12:39] | Thanks. | 祝你好运 谢谢 |
[12:56] | Are you out of your mind? You can’t just get a new caseworker. | 你脑子坏了么! 你不能就这样换一个新的社工! |
[12:59] | I’m not a pair of cheap socks you can return to a 99 Cent Store. | 我可不是便利店那种 可以随便退回去的廉价袜子 |
[13:03] | Let me remind you, Mr. Suarez, you are an illegal immigrant. | 让我提醒一下你 苏亚雷斯先生 你是一个非法移民 |
[13:06] | Now, I could make this easy or I can Lojack your ankle like an IROC-Z. | 我可以让一切变得简单 也可以让你寸步难行 |
[13:11] | – Have I made myself clear? – Very. | 我说的够清楚了么? 非常清楚 |
[13:13] | Good. Then I’ll see you tomorrow. | 很好 那明天见 |
[13:21] | An article? Ooh. | 一篇文章? |
[13:23] | Make me sound extra glamorous. And skinny. | 更让我增色不少 还有增瘦不少 |
[13:26] | Honest quote, what did you think of me when I first arrived? | 那么 老实说…我刚来时你怎么看我? |
[13:29] | – Well, I hated you, of course. – “Hated me.” | 当然 我讨厌你 讨厌我 |
[13:33] | Because I didn’t look like everybody else? | 那是因为我看起来和别人不一样么? |
[13:35] | No. It’s because I’d been angling for this position for months, | 才不是 那只是因为我几个月来 一直为这个职位四处奔波 |
[13:39] | and you traipse in here with your bushy eyebrows and really bad bangs, I’m like, | 而不修边幅的你却在这大摇大摆 |
[13:43] | “That took my job?” | 我想 就是这个家伙得到了我的工作? |
[13:45] | You confirmed everything I’m writing about. | 你的话证实了我所写的一切 |
[13:48] | Well, I must confess, at a certain point I did become envious of you. | 谢谢 哦 我必须承认 在某个方面我确实嫉妒过你 |
[13:52] | – Wait. You became envious of me? – Only in the most bizarre way. | 你也会嫉妒我? 当然 在着装古怪度上 |
[13:56] | I can’t go out with an out-of-season handbag, | 我的意思是 拎着过季的包 |
[13:58] | and you show up on a daily basis looking like a yard sale. | 我连家门都不敢出 而你每天 |
[14:02] | Didn’t care, like you were genetically engineered without the fear gene. | 都穿得像个旧货摊似的 还从来都若无其事 就好象你的恐惧基因已经被改造过了 |
[14:06] | – I got to give you props. – Thank you, Amanda. | 我得给你点鼓励 谢谢啊 阿曼达 |
[14:09] | Oh, and FYl, none of this means I like you or anything. | 给你点参考 没有一句话能说明我喜欢你 |
[14:12] | Of course. | 当然 |
[14:20] | Where were you this morning? I called you, like, 1,000 times. | 你早上在哪儿啊? 我打了无数次电话给你 |
[14:24] | With Ted. | 和泰德在一起 |
[14:26] | He’s staying with me through the weekend. What did I miss? | 整个周末他都和我在一起 我错过了什么? |
[14:30] | A guy named Steve called. Said he had valuable information about Bradford. | 一个叫史蒂夫的人来过电话 说他有一些有关布拉德福的重要信息 |
[14:34] | – Cryptic. Shall I try him? – No. What else? | 很神秘! 要联系他么? 不 |
[14:37] | 00 editors’ meeting about the bridal issue. | 还有什么? 下午一点 有一个关于新娘特辑的编辑会议 |
[14:40] | – Daniel can handle that. – But it’s Vera Wang this year. | 丹尼尔会处理好的 可今年的设计师是维拉·王啊 |
[14:43] | You love your Wang. | 你很喜欢她的 啊! |
[14:47] | What is it? | 怎么回事? |
[14:49] | I don’t know. It’s like a giant dead rat or something. | 我不知道 好像是只巨大的死耗子 |
[14:52] | – Did you piss off Donna Karan again? – I think… | 你是不是又惹唐娜·卡兰生气了 我想 |
[14:55] | It’s an armadillo. Aw. | 这是一只犰狳 |
[14:59] | Would you put him up there for me, please? | 你能帮我把它放在那儿么? |
[15:10] | – Yes? – We need to speak… | 请讲? 我们需要谈谈 |
[15:13] | …in person. | 面对面的 |
[15:18] | You weren’t the type of girl I was used to working with. | 恩 你不同于我以前一起工作过的女孩 |
[15:22] | But as I got to know you, I really grew to like you. | 但是当我开始了解你以后 变得越来越喜欢你 |
[15:25] | And I got to say… you helped me grow as a person. | 我要说 你让我变的有人样了 |
[15:29] | – You’re writing all this down? – Of course. | 你要把这些都写下来 对吧? 当然 |
[15:32] | So, I really helped you grow as a person? | 我真的让你变的有人样了? |
[15:34] | Well, yeah. Well, the whole Sofia thing. You had a huge part in that. | 在索菲娅这件事上 我的意思是 你有很大的功劳 |
[15:38] | So you’re still planning on proposing to her? | 那么你还在计划向她求婚的阶段? |
[15:41] | Why do you ask? | 为什么那么问? |
[15:43] | You didn’t hear this from me. If you tell her, I will deny it. | 你不是从我这里听到这些的 就算你告诉她 我也会全盘否认 |
[15:47] | She was crying this morning. She thinks you’re having second thoughts. | 但她今天早晨在楼下大哭 她以为你改变主意了 |
[15:50] | – What? That’s crazy! – Can you blame her? | 什么? 怎么可能 |
[15:53] | She doesn’t want to become another one of your “Daniel Meade girls.” | 我的意思是 你能怪她么? 她不想成为你另一个丹女郎 |
[15:56] | Listen, | 听着 |
[15:58] | I think if you don’t want to lose her, you know what you have to do. | 我觉得如果你不想失去她 那你知道该怎么做 |
[16:02] | – Thanks, Betty. – I’m getting lunch, get you something? | 谢谢 贝蒂 我要去吃午饭了 要帮你带些什么吗? |
[16:05] | – I have a new assistant now, remember? – Oh, yeah. | 我有新助理了 记得吗? 哦 对 |
[16:10] | Now tell me, where does one find | 现在告诉我 |
[16:12] | an armadillo in Manhattan? | 你是怎么在曼哈顿找到一只犰狳的? |
[16:15] | In Chinatown. I think it was going to be someone’s lunch. | 在唐人街 我想它将成为某个人的盘中餐 |
[16:19] | Well, despite the fact that it clashes with most of my office… | 除了它和我办公室格格不入外 |
[16:23] | …I adore him. | 我喜欢它 |
[16:25] | I put him on the shelf in front of me, to remind me of what’s important. | 我把它放在我对面的书架上 时刻提醒我什么才是重要的 |
[16:28] | – What’s that? – Well, moments like this. | 是什么? 像这样的时光 |
[16:32] | I spent the past 20 years worrying about hemlines and heels, and for what? | 过去的20年里我一直精心穿衣打扮 都是为了什么? |
[16:37] | If you have no one to share it with, what’s the point? | 如果不能与人同享 还有什么意义 |
[16:41] | You’re about to share hemlines and heels with me, are you? | 你要和我分享这一切了 是么? |
[16:45] | I was thinking about sharing something else. | 恩…我还要和你分享些别的 |
[16:52] | – What? – I got to warn you, Willie. | 怎么? 我必须先提醒你些事 威莉 |
[16:56] | I’m hauling around a truck full of baggage. | 我负担沉重 |
[16:58] | I have three exes, I’m working on a fourth. A passel of kids. | 我有三个前妻 而现在正准备和第四个离婚… 还有一群孩子 |
[17:01] | We both have plenty of baggage. | 我们都有很多负担 |
[17:04] | But… | 但是… |
[17:06] | …I’m willing to give it a shot if you are. | 如果你愿意 我会试试 |
[17:55] | Hey, lady. Get out of here. | 嗨 女士 快走开 |
[18:04] | Hunter is supposedly this perfect modelIracecar driverIhumanitarian | 亨特应该是一个住在欧洲的完美的 |
[18:08] | living in Europe, except he’s here. | 模特加赛车手加社交家 他不该在这 |
[18:10] | – So he gets around. – I saw Sofia with him. | 可能他只是到处乱转 我看到索菲娅和他在一起 |
[18:12] | – She told me they don’t speak. – Well, they reconnected. | 即使她说他俩都不讲话了 那他们又和好了 |
[18:16] | She was handing him a wad of cash. | 在他走进花花公子俱乐部之前 |
[18:18] | A lot of it. Right before he walked into Boylesque. | 她还塞了一叠钱给他 |
[18:21] | The strip club on 34th and 7th? | 第七大街34号的那个脱衣舞俱乐部? |
[18:23] | What? I do manage to get out of this closet every once in a while. | 干吗? 我走出这衣柜后 也得时不时找个地方放松下 |
[18:28] | I assume since it caters exclusively to women that he works there. | 我不得不假设 既然那是专为女性服务的 他应该是在那里工作的 |
[18:32] | Sofia was dating a stripper. Oh, my God. I love her. | 索菲娅在和一个脱衣舞男约会? 哦 天啊 我爱她 |
[18:37] | This is so weird. | 这太奇怪了 |
[18:39] | And she was so adamant about getting Daniel to propose to her. | 而且她还坚持要丹尼尔向她求婚 |
[18:42] | – I don’t know what to do. – Oh, I do. | 我真不知道该怎么做 哦 我知道 |
[18:45] | – What? – We investigate. | 什么? 我们来调查一下 |
[18:51] | Here I am birthing a calf. | 这里 我在为一头小牛接生 |
[18:56] | Oh, and Ted’s lassoing me. | 这是泰德在帮我下绳套 |
[18:58] | I don’t care about your silly little vacation. What about the plan? | 我对你无聊的假期没兴趣 计划如何了? |
[19:03] | The plan. The plan to take over Meade Publication has clearly failed. | 计划啊… 夺取米德发行集团的计划 明显已经失败了 |
[19:08] | Bradford knows now with complete certainty that Fey Sommers is dead. | 布拉德福现在完全肯定菲·索莫斯已死 |
[19:13] | And we have no firm evidence linking him to her murder. | 而我们却还没有确切证据证明是他杀的 |
[19:17] | Hand me my oxygen. | 把氧气罩给我 |
[19:24] | Wilhelmina, I fully intend | 我迟早会掌管这家公司的 |
[19:27] | to take over the company sooner rather than later. | 威廉敏娜 |
[19:30] | And if you’re not my ally, then you will be my enemy. | 我们不是朋友就是敌人 |
[19:34] | And there will be no place for you anywhere at Meade. Well… | 到时公司将无你立足之地 |
[19:41] | …we’ll just let the chips fall where they may. | 那么 船到桥头自然直 |
[19:48] | – Where are we? – Somewhere I never bring a woman to. | 我们在哪儿? 一个我从来没带其他女人来过的地方 |
[19:52] | I didn’t realize such a place still existed in Manhattan. | 我倒没过到曼哈顿还有这样一个地方 是啊 |
[19:55] | Yeah, I know I have a few notches on my belt. | 我皮带上还是有一些孔的 (意指还有索菲娅不知道的事) |
[19:59] | Baby, it’s all notch, no belt. | 是孔而不是皮带的问题 |
[20:02] | Which makes me wonder, how does a man with no belt keep his pants on? | 我就好奇了 一个没皮带的男人怎么能变得有节操呢 |
[20:06] | – Hmm? – Mmm… Meeting someone like you. | 遇见像你这样的人? |
[20:14] | Mr. Meade. This is so embarrassing. | 米德先生 好尴尬啊 |
[20:19] | – What is he doing here? – We’re having dinner together. | 他在这做什么? 我想我们要共进晚餐 |
[20:22] | Before we move to that next step, | 在我们进入下个阶段前 |
[20:24] | I thought it was important for you to meet both of my parents. | 我觉得让你见见我的父母很重要 |
[20:27] | – Welcome, Sofia. – Hello. Thank you. | 欢迎你 索菲娅 你好 谢谢 |
[20:31] | My God, she’s stunning. Thank God Daniel got to her before you did. | 天啊 她真是魅力四射 感谢上帝 丹尼尔在你下手之前追到她了 |
[20:35] | Hello, I’m Claire, Daniel’s recovering alcoholic mother. Welcome. | 你好 我是克莱尔 是丹尼尔那正接受治疗的酒鬼老妈 |
[20:39] | Best behavior, I am trying to make a good impression. | 欢迎你 注意言行 妈妈 我正试图给她留下一个好印象 |
[20:42] | Oh, my darling, I would never do anything to embarrass you. | 哦 |
[20:45] | Mmm-hmm. | 我亲爱的 我才不会做会让你尴尬的事呢 |
[20:47] | Let me show you Daniel’s baby pictures. He does the cutest thing in the tub. | 我要给你看丹尼尔婴儿时期的照片 看看他在浴缸里做的最好玩的事 |
[20:52] | Does he? | 是吗 |
[20:54] | What are we looking for? | 我们到底在找什么 |
[20:55] | Something that’ll show that barracuda the year I came into this country. | 一些能给那头母老虎看的 能证明我是那年进入这个国家的东西 好吧 |
[20:59] | I can’t deal with this woman. She’s rude. She’s obnoxious. She’s… | 女儿啊 我真是拿这个女人没辙了 – 她既无理 |
[21:03] | The U.S. Government. What’d you expect? | 又令人讨厌 她… – 是美国政府派来的 |
[21:05] | Respect. She shows up unannounced and starts needling me. | 你还能指望些什么? 尊重 她突然就冒出来 还老找我的碴 |
[21:08] | – I don’t think she’s ever smiled. – Dad, stop. You’re powerless. | 我想这个女人从来就没笑过 老爸 别说了 你现在处于弱势 |
[21:12] | And, you know, we need her on our side right now. | 而且你知道 现在我们需要她与我们同一阵线 |
[21:15] | Constance Grady is only on Constance Grady’s side. | 康斯坦斯·格莱迪只会站在她自己那一边 |
[21:17] | Well, then maybe Ignacio Suarez should try being on her side. | 那么伊格纳西欧就得往她那边靠 |
[21:21] | You ever stop to think that maybe she’s actually trying to help? | 你就没想过她可能正在试着帮忙? |
[21:25] | Try getting in her good graces. | 要试着适应讨好她 |
[21:27] | You know, something simple, something sweet. | 做一些简单而贴心的事情 |
[21:30] | Make her smile. | 让她开心起来 |
[21:41] | Argh. | |
[21:43] | You ladies ready to plunder the Seven Seas for some buried treasure? | 女士们准备好七大洋的寻宝之旅了么? |
[21:47] | – How much? – We are not here for a lap dance. | 多少钱? 克里斯蒂娜 我们来可不是为了看脱衣舞 |
[21:50] | Sir, we’re here to see one of your performers… Hunter. | 先生 我们想在你这找个表演者 |
[21:55] | Every other guy is named Hunter here. You’re gonna have to be a more specific. | 亨特? 这里每个表演的都叫猎手 你得说的具体点 |
[21:59] | Well, he’s tall, and blonde, and he looks kind of Nordic. | 他身材高大金发 看上去像北欧人 |
[22:05] | Oh. Of course. Hunter Nine. | 当然 九号猎手 |
[22:09] | Well, get in line. Everyone wants a piece of the Nine. | 那就排队吧 |
[22:19] | Ooh… I think we’re gonna need an awful lot of singles. | 每个来这的人都想找他 看来我们需要很多零钱 |
[22:24] | I open my closet door | 我打开衣柜门 |
[22:27] | and there was Daniel, in my Pucci strapless | 就看见丹尼尔穿着 |
[22:31] | and a pair of patent leather pumps. | 我的无带内衣和皮高跟鞋 |
[22:33] | For the record, I was six-years-old, and it was my brother who dressed me up. | 记录表明 我当时六岁 而且是我哥把我穿成那样 |
[22:38] | You never talk about your brother. | 你从来没提起过你哥哥 |
[22:40] | – Yeah. He died two years ago. – Oh, I’m sorry. | 他两年前去世了 |
[22:44] | It’s been a bit of a bumpy road for the Meade family of late. | 真对不起 米德家族近来走过了一条崎岖不平的路 |
[22:48] | But it seems our luck is changing. | 看起来我们的运气来了 |
[22:50] | – To Sofia. | – To Sofia. 致索菲娅 致索菲娅 麻烦了 |
[22:59] | As a Reyes you must have had plenty of maids growing up. | 谢谢 作为芮姿家族一员 你小时候定是由一堆佣人带大的 |
[23:02] | We spent a week at Javier Reyes’ estate in Puerto Vallarta. | 我们在位于瓦雷他港的贾维尔·芮姿 的宅邸呆了一星期 |
[23:06] | He has the most darling little zoo. | 他有个世界上最可爱的小型动物园 |
[23:09] | Or rather, zoologico? | 还是该说zooligico?(西班牙语) |
[23:13] | You got the wrong Reyes. | 说的好 不过你搞错了 我不是那个芮姿家族的 |
[23:14] | Growing up, we only had one maid, my mother. | 从小到大 我们只有一个佣人 我的母亲 |
[23:17] | And the closest I ever got to the upper crust | 我最能接近上流社会的时刻 |
[23:20] | is when I used to help her clean their houses. | 是我以前帮她打扫他们房间的时候 |
[23:23] | So no silver spoon? | 那么 不是含着金钥匙出生的喽 |
[23:25] | Oh, no. We could barely afford a plastic one. | 当然不是 我们连塑料的都买不起 |
[23:27] | That’s why I like this girl. | 那就是我喜欢这个女孩的原因 |
[23:29] | Someone who actually worked for what they got out of life. | 为生活而工作 |
[23:32] | You could learn something from her. | 你可以从她身上学到很多东西 丹尼尔 |
[23:34] | And I fully intend to, Father, | 我十分愿意这么做 父亲大人 |
[23:38] | for as long as she’s willing to teach me. | 只要她愿意教我 |
[23:46] | Hello? | |
[23:47] | Betty, it’s a bridge and tunnel bachelorette party. | 你好! 贝蒂 这是个单身女郎狂欢派对 |
[23:50] | – So? – That woman is about to marry some fat, | 因此? 那边那个女人就要嫁给一个 |
[23:53] | bald, pasty-looking dentist. This is her last supper. She is cashing out. | 又肥又秃又丑的牙医 这是她最后的晚餐 她在挥金如土 |
[23:58] | – Do you think he’ll take my ATM card? – I know where he can swipe it. | 你觉得他会接受我的提款卡么 我觉得我知道他能在哪刷它 |
[24:02] | OK. Fine. Here’s lunch for the week. | 好吧 这是我这周的午饭钱 |
[24:05] | Twenty. Hunter! He’s coming, he’s coming, he’s coming. | 20块! 亨特! |
[24:08] | – Twenty. – Hey ladies, | 过来了 过来了 |
[24:10] | you’re ready to pay the proper fine for the Nine. | 你们好 女士们 我看见你们要为九号付罚金了 |
[24:14] | You can cop a feel, just don’t let management see you. | 你想摸一下也行 就是别让经理看见 |
[24:16] | – OK. – He said. | 好的 – 克里斯蒂娜! – 是他自己说的 |
[24:19] | Hunter, do you have a girlfriend? | 亨特 你有女朋友吗 |
[24:22] | I got girlfriends, boyfriends, all sorts of friends. | 我有女朋友 男朋友 各种朋友 |
[24:28] | So… you mean you’re bisexual? | 你的意思是说 你全都爱? |
[24:30] | That’s right, babe. You buy, I’m sexual. | 没错 宝贝 只要你有钱 我就爱 |
[24:35] | So what kind of lap dance you in the mood for? Cupping the cobra? | 那么 你现在想看哪种舞? 蟒蛇环绕式 |
[24:39] | Feeding the kitty? Slapping the bongos? Or a good, old-fashioned hot dog race? | 逗弄小猫式 打鼓式? 或者是经典的热狗跑步比赛? |
[24:43] | Yes! Well, I’m assuming | 好啊! – 我好想照单全点一遍啊! – 嘿 猎人 把你的屁股挪到这儿来 时间到了 女士们 我要去为那个富婆服务了 |
[24:46] | Hey, Hunter. Jiggle your junk on over here. | |
[24:51] | Time’s up, ladies. I gotta service the high rollers. | |
[24:54] | – No. Please don’t leave. – I just gave you 20! | 别啊! 等等 我刚刚给了你20块钱 |
[24:57] | Come to mama, baby. Oh, my God. | 到妈妈这来 宝贝 |
[25:01] | He’s a whore, what more do we need to investigate? | 哦 天啊 他是个鸭子 不是吗 我的意思是 我们还要调查什么? |
[25:03] | I have to find out about him and Sofia. | 我要查清楚他和索菲娅的关系 |
[25:06] | Well, I suggest you make a beeline for that ATM. | 没错 那么我建议你去提款机那排队取钱 这对我来说完全没问题 |
[25:09] | Which is absolutely fine by me, because I am here for the long haul, Betty. | 因为 我要在这多呆一会 好吧 |
[25:15] | You two look so happy together. | 你们看上去真幸福 |
[25:17] | – How long have you been married? – It’ll be 38 years in September. | 你们结婚多久了 到九月就38年了 |
[25:22] | They make it look so easy, don’t they? | 他们如此轻易的就做到了 不是么 |
[25:24] | I almost shot him one Christmas in Ann Arbor. | 在安阿伯市过圣诞的时候 我差点一枪打死他 |
[25:27] | Thank God it was me who was loaded and not the gun. | 还好上膛的是我不是枪 |
[25:30] | You almost shot him? | 你差点开枪打他? |
[25:32] | Well, every family does holidays a little differently. | 每个家庭过节的方式都不同 |
[25:35] | In a marriage, things happen. | 在婚姻中 不断有状况发生 |
[25:38] | Things like “Tisha” and “Cindy” | 对 |
[25:41] | and “Candee,” with two “E’s.” | 发生类似提莎 辛迪和甜甜这样的状况 |
[25:43] | And let’s not forget about Fey. | 还有 别把菲给漏了 |
[25:46] | – Settle. – Mmm. | 好啦 |
[25:48] | My point is that marriage can be pretty awful sometimes. | 我的观点是 婚姻有时候可以变得很糟糕 |
[25:51] | But, somehow, you find a way to go on. And that’s a good thing. | 但是你得找到维持婚姻的方法 这很重要 |
[25:55] | Because when something really bad happens, | 因为有时候糟糕的事情会发生 |
[25:59] | like losing one of your children… | 比如失去一个孩子 |
[26:03] | …you realize that you could never survive it without your husband. | 你会意识到如果没有丈夫的陪伴 一个人是没法熬过去的 |
[26:16] | Come on. Dance with me. | 来吧 和我跳支舞 |
[26:26] | You’re bombed, aren’t you? | 你又喝酒了 是不是 |
[26:29] | It’s just a little cough syrup. | 只喝了一点咳嗽糖浆 |
[26:36] | If you turn and run, I will completely understand. | 如果你现在转身离开 我毫无怨言 |
[26:39] | Never. | 决不 |
[26:43] | I’d love to have what they have, but without the cheating. | 我很乐意拥有像他们那样的婚姻 但是除了欺骗 |
[26:48] | If you cheat on me, | 如果你敢对我不忠 |
[26:50] | I swear I will cut your cojones off. | 我发誓我绝对会把你老二割掉 |
[26:54] | Do you think our grandchild will have a Spanish name like “Paco”? | 你觉得我们的孙子 会有一个西班牙名字么 |
[27:01] | – Do you like her? – She’s lovely. | 比如帕高 你喜欢她么? 她很可爱 |
[27:04] | There’s just something about her. | 只是关于她自己的事 |
[27:07] | Like she’s hiding something. | 好像她在隐瞒些什么 |
[27:10] | Aren’t we all? | 我们不都是么? |
[27:14] | You know, if you want it, we could have what they have. | 你知道 如果你想 我们可以跟他们一样 |
[27:21] | – Stop the hogging. – Hey! | 歇歇手吧! 喂 |
[27:24] | – Hey, here, look. Money. – This will get you a minute. | 在这儿 看 是钱! 给你们一分钟 |
[27:28] | Have you ever been hired to pretend to be someone’s boyfriend? | 我想快点知道 你有没有受雇假装成为别人的男友? |
[27:31] | All the time, if a girl wants to make a guy jealous. | 经常发生 一个姑娘想让对方吃醋的时候 |
[27:34] | Is that what you did for Sofia Reyes? | 很好 你对索菲娅·芮姿也如法炮制么? |
[27:36] | Is she already giving me recommendations? Nice. | 她已经向你们推荐我了么? 真是太好了 |
[27:48] | – Hello? – Hi, Daniel, it’s Betty. | 请讲? 丹尼尔 |
[27:50] | I need to talk to you about Sofia. | 我是贝蒂 我要跟你谈谈有关索菲娅的事 |
[27:52] | Hey. Perfect timing! I just proposed! | 嗨 真是时候 我刚刚求婚 |
[27:55] | – You did? – Yeah, isn’t that great? | 真的? |
[27:58] | It would’ve never happened if we hadn’t had our talk. | 是不是很棒? 我的意思是 如果没有今天和你的对话 这都不会发生 |
[28:00] | Thank you, Betty! | 谢谢你 贝蒂 |
[28:02] | Is there something you wanted to tell me? | 你有事要告诉我吗? |
[28:05] | Um… Yeah… Congratulations. | 是… 恭喜你了 |
[28:23] | Box seats for Cosi Fan Tutte at the Met. | 大都会歌剧院 两张”女人心”的包厢票 |
[28:27] | Prepare to be dazzled. | 准备好目眩神迷了么 |
[28:29] | And… a pair of Ferragamo wing tips. | 还有一双菲拉格慕鞋 |
[28:33] | Sorry, no cowboy boots at the opera. | 抱歉 |
[28:41] | Well… what’s going on? | 不能穿牛仔靴进戏院 发生什么事了? |
[28:46] | I had a long talk with my wife today, Willie. | 今天我和妻子长谈了一次 威莉 |
[28:49] | I don’t know how to say this. | 我不知道该怎么说 |
[28:54] | I think you just did. | 我想你的行动已经说明了一切 |
[29:00] | Willie, wait. | 威莉 等等 |
[29:03] | Joanne and I have a daughter together. | 我和乔安有一个女儿 |
[29:06] | And my other kids… | 而我的其他孩子… |
[29:08] | …they don’t need another ex-stepmom. | 他们不需要再多一个前任继母了 |
[29:11] | My family is pretty broken. | 我的家庭已是支离破碎 |
[29:14] | I got to try and fix it. | 我正试着修复它 |
[29:18] | I don’t expect you to understand, but… | – 我并不指望你能理解 |
[29:20] | Let’s not, shall we? | – 别再说了 好么 |
[29:24] | What chance did an armadillo and a roadrunner have anyway? | 犰狳和走鹃还能有什么结果? |
[29:35] | Keep the shoes. | 留着这双鞋 |
[29:39] | And… try not to step in any cow dung. | 请尽量别踩到牛粪 |
[30:07] | Good morning, Sofia. Coffee? | 早安 索菲娅 |
[30:08] | Where’d you get it? Hunter’s jock strap? | 要咖啡么? 你从哪里拿来的? 亨特的内衣里? |
[30:13] | What? You didn’t think he was going to tell me | 怎么? |
[30:16] | that a bushy-brow, Latino girl with braces | 你难道以为他不会告诉我有个粗眉毛 |
[30:19] | came and asked questions about us? | 戴牙套的拉丁女孩跑去问他我们的事情 |
[30:21] | You can leave us alone for a second. Thank you. | 请你们让我们单独呆一分钟 谢谢 |
[30:26] | Why would you hire someone to pretend to be your boyfriend? | 索菲娅 你为什么要雇一个人来假装你男友 |
[30:29] | I knew about Daniel’s reputation and, well, | 我早知道丹尼尔花名在外 |
[30:32] | being just another single girl wouldn’t be enough to drive him to be with me. | 单身女孩的身份不足以让他迷上我 |
[30:36] | Well, why would you want or even need to drive someone to want to be with you? | 为什么你想? 或者说为什么要让别人迷上你? |
[30:40] | A car is here to take you to Rise and Shine America. | 去”早安美国”演播室的车已经在楼下了 |
[30:43] | – Daniel’s already waiting. – Thank you, Ruthie. | 丹尼尔已经在车里等你了 谢谢你 鲁丝 |
[30:47] | – He’s going with you? – Yes. | 他要和你一起去? |
[30:49] | We are going to announce our engagement together on air. | 没错 我们打算在电视上公布订婚一事 |
[30:54] | OK. I’ll just grab a few things and come right down. | 好 我拿几样东西就来 |
[30:57] | No, you are going to stay here and finish up that article. | 不 |
[31:00] | And I expect it to be ready by the time I get back. | 你要呆在这里写完那篇文章 在我回来之前交给我 |
[31:16] | – Good morning, Wilhelmina. – Didn’t I fire you? | 早上好 威廉敏娜 我不是已经解雇你了么? |
[31:24] | I can’t believe today’s the big day. Aren’t you so excited? | 真难以置信 今天是个大日子 你不觉得兴奋么? |
[31:28] | Yep, big day. Really excited. | 是啊 大日子 真是太令人激动了 |
[31:31] | Thank God we got the cover. | 感谢上帝我们总算把封面定下来了 |
[31:32] | My nerves had me all blotchy thinking she might not pull it off. | 我紧张得发了好多痘痘 还以为她要搞不定了 |
[31:36] | Never doubt Sofia. The article’s great. | 不要怀疑索菲娅的能力 封面故事也很棒 |
[31:38] | I don’t think she slept a wink last night writing it. | 我觉得她昨晚肯定是熬通宵写的 |
[31:41] | – Is that going to press? – As we speak. | 那个是要发表的么? 一点没错 |
[31:46] | – Um… Can I read that? – Sofia doesn’t want you to read it yet. | 能让我看看么 额… 索菲娅还不想让你看 |
[31:51] | Why not? | 为什么不让? |
[31:55] | OK. | 好吧 |
[31:58] | Hey! | |
[32:08] | You… You… You! Get her! | 你 你 你 抓住她! |
[32:14] | Come on! Come on! Come on! | 快快快 |
[32:32] | “The rules to getting any guy you want to propose to you in 60 days or less.” | 让任何一个男人在60天 甚至更短时间内向你求婚的方法 |
[32:36] | Do what you got to do. | 你得做该做的事情 |
[32:37] | Pique his interest. | 你得做该做的事情 “激起他的兴趣” |
[32:39] | My editors and I are working here… | 我和我的编辑在这里工作 |
[32:41] | Stay in close proximity. | “保持近距离” |
[32:44] | Why do you think I’m a tease? | 你为什么觉得我是个轻浮的人? |
[32:45] | Give him a taste. | “给他点甜头” |
[32:47] | Hey, you. Come here. | 嗨 你 来这里 |
[32:49] | Make yourself unavailable. | 来这里 “让他觉得你已名花有主” 来吧 丹尼尔 |
[32:52] | Stop me from walking into that club. | 你能阻止我回到酒吧里去的 |
[32:54] | Create a ticking clock. | “让他觉得时间紧迫” |
[33:03] | – Betty. – Christina, it was all a lie. | 贝蒂 克里斯蒂娜 这是个骗局 |
[33:05] | What are you talking about? | 冷静 你在说什么啊? |
[33:06] | Sofia set him up from the beginning. She used Daniel to get her cover story. | 从一开始 索菲娅一开始就在算计他 丹尼尔只是她完成封面故事的工具 |
[33:18] | From the RSA Studios in mid-town Manhattan, | 这是来自曼哈顿市中心的R.S.A演播室 |
[33:21] | Rise and Shine America. | “早安美国” |
[33:24] | Coming up, acclaimed author and magazine editor Sofia Reyes | 接下来 |
[33:27] | is here to talk about her new magazine MYW. | 作为作者兼编辑的索菲娅·芮姿 在此介绍她的新杂志《M.Y.W》 |
[33:29] | And her engagement to New York’s most eligible bachelor, Daniel Meade. | 以及她和纽约钻石王老五 丹尼尔·米德的订婚 |
[33:34] | OK camera two, tighten it up. | 二号机候位 |
[33:36] | Ready camera one. Security, get her out of here. | 一号机 准备 保安 把她拉出去 |
[33:39] | – Daniel! – Ready one… | 丹尼尔! |
[33:41] | – Daniel! – In four… three… two… | 倒数四秒计时 – 丹尼尔! |
[33:46] | – Sofia, it’s a big week for you. – Yes, yes it is. | 索菲娅 这周对你来说意义非凡 是啊 对 |
[33:50] | So tell us about your magazine. | 是的 没错 那么跟我们说说你新杂志吧 |
[33:53] | I created MYW in order to fill a void. | 我创办《M.Y.W》旨在填补一个空白 |
[33:56] | There are no magazines that actually make a modern woman feel empowered. | 现在没有一本可以让现代女性感觉 有权力社会地位的杂志 |
[34:00] | This is not about overpriced clothes or wrinkle creams. | 这本书不是关于介绍高价服装或者是除皱霜 |
[34:04] | These are real articles. | 本书里都是有价值内涵的文章 |
[34:06] | – Fantastic. – That’s great. | – 太棒了 – 没错 |
[34:07] | I understand you used yourself as an example for the first cover. | 真是好极了 我听说你用你自己作为第一期的封面故事 |
[34:11] | That’s right. Statistics would say that I shouldn’t be here right now. | 没错 统计学家可能要说我现在不应该在这 |
[34:15] | But I am. | 但是我确实在这里 |
[34:17] | With a new magazine and newly engaged | 带来一本新杂志 |
[34:20] | to the most notorious bachelor in New York City. | 还刚和纽约最负臭名的单身汉订婚了 |
[34:27] | I got him to propose to me in 60 days. | 我让他在60天里向我求婚 |
[34:30] | – Wow. – Sixty days. That’s, like, two months. | 60天 差不多就2个月 |
[34:33] | Yeah. Is that true? Sixty days? | 是啊! 是真的么? 60天? |
[34:37] | Yeah… I guess it was | 是啊 |
[34:39] | exactly 60 days from the day we first met till | 我想是从我们第一天相遇 |
[34:43] | last night when I proposed. Yeah. | 到昨晚我求婚 正好60天 |
[34:46] | And that’s my lead article. | 就是这样 这就是我的主打故事 |
[34:49] | “From Fling to Ring in Sixty Days.” | 从陌生到求婚的60天…让你在60天内 |
[34:53] | Techniques to make you get the man you want in 60 days. | 得到你想要的男人的小技巧 |
[34:58] | If they worked for me with Daniel Meade, they’ll work for any woman out there. | 如果这些技巧适用于丹尼尔·米德 那么它们就适用于任何男人 |
[35:03] | Now, Daniel, were you aware that she set out to try and get you to propose? | 现在丹尼尔 你意识到 从一开始她就设计让你向她求婚么? |
[35:07] | No, I wasn’t. | 不 从没想到 |
[35:10] | We met and we fell in love. | 我们 我们相遇 然后 坠入爱河 |
[35:14] | Well, actually, Daniel, you fell in love. | 事实上 丹尼尔 是你坠入爱河 |
[35:18] | I mean, I have to tell you, as much as I like you… You’re a terrific guy. | 我的意思是 我必须告诉你 我真的很喜欢你 你是个很棒的男人 |
[35:23] | But right now I just want to focus on my career, not on a relationship. | 但是现在我只想专注于事业 而不是感情 |
[35:28] | Thank you for being such a good sport. | 还是要感谢你对我的大力支持 |
[35:33] | – Well, fantastic. – Fantastic. | 哦 真是太棒了 真厉害 |
[35:38] | So let’s talk more about… | 那么让我们来讲讲 《M.Y.W》周二在报摊上的… 将通过这份杂志接触到更多人 |
[36:02] | Even I’m shedding a silent tear. | 就连我都忍不住要黯然落泪 |
[36:05] | Guess it’s impossible for any of us to have it all. | 我想没人能得到全部 |
[36:10] | But no reason why we can’t keep trying. | 但是没理由不继续尝试 |
[36:18] | By the way, that Steve guy called again about Bradford. | 顺便提一下 那个叫史蒂夫的家伙又来电了 |
[36:21] | Get him for me. | 让他来见我 |
[36:28] | Well, the magazine is MYW, | 杂志名为《M.Y.W》 |
[36:31] | and the woman behind it all, Sofia Reyes. | 而在幕后统领这本杂志的 便是索菲娅·芮姿 |
[36:33] | And Daniel Meade, ladies and gentlemen. | 当然了 还有丹尼尔·米德 女士们先生们 |
[36:36] | Thank you both for stopping by. | 感谢收看 |
[36:39] | And that’s a wrap. | 就到这里了 |
[36:46] | Daniel. | 丹尼尔 丹尼尔 |
[36:51] | How could you do this to me? | 你怎么能这样对我? |
[36:52] | – Sofia, I fell in love with you. – I know you did. | 索菲娅 我是如此爱你 我知道你是 |
[36:56] | And for what? A publicity stunt. Really? | 那为了什么? 成为一个大众小丑? |
[36:59] | How many times have you done exactly the same thing to dozens of women? | 是这样吗? 你对多少个女人做过多少次这样的事? |
[37:03] | How many times have you broken hearts and dumped them? | 你伤透了多少个女人的心然后甩了她们? |
[37:06] | I can guarantee you none were broadcast on national television. | 我可以保证没有一个 是通过全国现场直播的 |
[37:09] | This wasn’t easy for me either. | 这对我来说也不容易 |
[37:11] | I thought it would be, but it wasn’t. | 我原以为会很简单 可是并非如此 |
[37:14] | When I start something, I have to follow through. | 可是我只要开始做一件事 就要做到底 |
[37:17] | And you can call me a bitch. You can call me whatever you want. | 你可以叫我贱人 随便你怎么叫我都可以 |
[37:21] | But it’s how I’ve gotten where I am today. | 可正是凭这样的性格 我才能达到今天这个位置 |
[37:24] | Otherwise, I would still be dusting houses in Mexico with my mother. | 不然我还在墨西哥 和妈妈一起帮别人打扫房间 |
[37:29] | For what it’s worth… | 这么做是值得的… |
[37:33] | …you are so much more than I ever thought you would be. | 你比我想象中的好得多 |
[37:41] | And I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[38:03] | Daniel… I’m so sorry. | 丹尼尔 对不起 |
[38:19] | I’m going to go down right now and fire her. | 我现在就下楼解雇她 |
[38:24] | You’re certainly free to do whatever you want. | 你当然可以想怎么做就怎么做 |
[38:29] | If I were CEO, I’d be signing her up to a long-term contract. | 但如果我是总裁 我肯定会跟她签长期合同 |
[38:34] | That stunt will probably guarantee you | 因为她制造的那个笑柄可能制造出 |
[38:36] | the single biggest launch of any magazine in the company’s history. | 本公司史上单期杂志销量最高纪录 |
[38:40] | But you’re my son. She hurt you. | 但是你是我的儿子 她伤了你的心 |
[38:45] | It’s just business, Dad. | 这只是工作 老爸 |
[39:10] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[39:13] | Thank you. | 谢谢 谢谢 |
[39:19] | – You betrayed me. – No. That’s not true. | 你背叛了我 那不是真的 |
[39:23] | You manipulated me and you lied to my face about Daniel. | 你利用了我 并且当面向我撒谎 |
[39:26] | Yes, I did, but not about you. | 是的 但是对你的评价都是真的 |
[39:28] | I did not lie about your potential. | 对于你的潜力 |
[39:31] | I did not lie about your abilities. | 还有你的各项能力 我都没有撒谎 |
[39:33] | That’s why I hired you. | 那是我雇用你的原因 |
[39:36] | I see a lot of myself in you. | 从你身上 我看到了当年的我 |
[39:38] | Well, I don’t see any of myself in you. | 我可不觉得我有半点像你 |
[39:41] | Here’s my article about working at Mode. | 这是我写的关于在《时尚》工作的文章 |
[39:44] | Funny thing, researching it, | 有趣的是 |
[39:46] | those people might be superficial, but they know it. | 虽然那些人很肤浅 但他们有自知之明 |
[39:49] | They don’t pretend to be anything more than they are. | 而且他们不会假装成别的样子 |
[39:51] | I actually think I fit in better there than I will here. | 我觉得我更适合那里 |
[39:54] | – Betty. – I quit. | 贝蒂 我不干了! |
[40:03] | December 1 Oth, 1977. | 1977年12月10日 |
[40:06] | A lease. That’ll work. | 起码 这有用 |
[40:09] | First apartment my wife and I lived in. | 那是我和我太太住的第一间公寓 |
[40:11] | No heat, no hot water, a view of a brick wall. It was paradise. | 没有暖气 热水 只有一堵砖瓦墙 不过这是我们的天堂 |
[40:17] | Well, thank you very much for your cooperation. | 十分感谢你的合作 |
[40:20] | Well, listen, Constance, I wanted to apologize | 听着 康斯坦斯 我要向你道歉 |
[40:23] | for getting off on the wrong foot with you. | 一开始 我们俩相处的不好 |
[40:25] | – Mmm. – And so I… | 所以 我要… |
[40:31] | I wanted to give you this. | 我要给你这个 |
[40:34] | A lot of letters… | |
[40:35] | That’s why the words are so small. | 有很多字母 |
[40:38] | Mmm-mm-mmm. | 所以单词很小 |
[40:43] | You don’t know… | 你不知道 |
[40:48] | You just don’t know what this means to me. | 你不知道这对我来说意味着什么 |
[40:51] | I mean, everyone is always treating me like a glorified meter maid. | 人们总是把我当作一个抄表女警察 |
[40:55] | Oh! | |
[40:56] | Thank you so much. You just made my day. | 真的很感谢你…你 让我觉得今天很快乐 |
[41:03] | Adios, Ignacio. | 再见 伊格纳西欧 |
[41:05] | I hope to be seeing a lot of you. | 我希望能经常看到你 |
[41:24] | Well, hello. | 你好 |
[41:38] | Marc! | 马克! |
[41:41] | – Where’s Daniel? – Oh, that bird has flown the coop. | 丹尼尔在哪? 鸟儿已经远走高飞了 |
[41:44] | What? | 什么 |
[41:46] | Instead of coming to the office, his driver took him to JFK. | 他今天早上没回办公室 而是让司机 |
[41:50] | – No one knows where he is. – You mean… | 带他去了肯尼迪机场 没人知道他在哪 |
[41:52] | – Poof! – What? | 你的意思是 噗! |
[41:54] | He disappeared. | 什么啊? 他消失了 |