时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Previously on Ugly Betty: | |
[00:02] | Have you been here before? | -你以前来过吗? |
[00:04] | I don’t think so. | -没有 |
[00:06] | Walter! | 沃尔特 |
[00:09] | In a few days, something big is gonna happen at Mode. | 接下来几天 《时尚》会有大新闻 |
[00:11] | When it does, Wilhelmina will be in charge. | 那之后 威廉敏娜就会掌控一切 |
[00:14] | When she is, these are the people who are staying, | 当她掌控一切之后… 这些人会留下来… |
[00:17] | these are the people who get the Jimmy Choo. | 而另外这些就得走人 |
[00:19] | You are looking at the soon-to-be crowned Editor-in-Chief of Mode. | 你眼前就是即将 加冕《时尚》主编头衔的人 |
[00:23] | Do you think Dad is capable of murder? | 你认为老爸会杀人? |
[00:26] | I think your father is capable of anything. | 我认为你的老爸无所不能 |
[00:29] | Two years ago, the Meade family lost their eldest son. | 两年前 米德家族失去他们的长子 |
[00:32] | While he may have lost a son, he gained a daughter. | 他也许是失去了一个儿子 却得到了一个女儿 |
[00:35] | – Hi, Daddy. I’m back. – Alex? | -父亲 我回来了 -亚历克西斯? |
[00:38] | You’re under arrest for the murder of Fey Sommers. | 布拉德福·米德 你因为涉嫌谋杀菲·索莫斯而被捕了 |
[00:41] | Is it fun having a sister? | 有个姐姐是不是很有趣? |
[00:48] | Scandal and sex change and murder, oh, my! | 丑闻 性交易和谋杀 |
[00:51] | In a move that sent permanent waves through the fashion community, | 在时尚界的改革正在风起云涌之时… |
[00:55] | Alex Meade, the eldest son of the mega-powerful Meade clan, | 亚历克西斯.米德 米德家族的长子 |
[00:58] | reappeared Friday at Mode’s “Top Ten to Watch” fashion show… | 在周五《时尚》时装秀现场复出… |
[01:03] | …as a she! | 作为一名女性 |
[01:06] | I can’t believe this is happening to people I know! | 我无法相信这一切 竟发生在我认识的人身上 |
[01:09] | I heard a rumor that they keep “it” in a jar. | 我听到谣传 |
[01:12] | Ow. | 他们把”那玩意”放在罐子里 |
[01:15] | Assumed to have met his maker in a skiing accident, | 普遍的说法是 他在一次滑雪事故中遇见了他的蒂造者 |
[01:17] | no one was more surprised to see his son, | 看见儿子穿着一席晚装出现 |
[01:20] | looking stunning in a fabulous organza and leather gown, than Papa Bradford. | 没有人会比布拉德福老爹更加吃惊 |
[01:24] | OK, time for you to get ready for school. | -该去准备上学了 -好 |
[01:27] | – Fine. – Let me get this straight. | 我直说了吧 |
[01:29] | Your boss’s brother wears women’s clothes? | 你老板的哥哥穿女人衣服? |
[01:32] | No, that’s a transvestite. | 不 你说的那是易装癖 |
[01:34] | – Alexis is a transsexual. – What’s the difference? | 而亚历克西斯是变性人 有什么不同? |
[01:36] | Transsexuals have surgery to reassign themselves to the opposite sex. | 变性人是通过外科手术 把某人变成”异性” |
[01:40] | The reunion didn’t last long, however, | 然而不幸的是 重逢并不长久… |
[01:43] | as the senior Meade was promptly carted off to the big house | 老米德很快就因为涉嫌谋杀 |
[01:46] | for the alleged murder of former Mode editor Fey Sommers. | 前《时尚》主编菲·索莫斯而锒铛入狱 |
[01:50] | Wow, those hands are too small to belong to a man. | 对于一个男人来说那双手太小巧了 |
[01:53] | Find out where she gets her nails done. | 是啊 你马上就会发现 她在哪修的指甲 |
[01:55] | Yeah, top of my list. | 的确 这是我的首要任务 |
[01:57] | I don’t know what to do. I assume you go to work | 我甚至不知道我该干什么 我想如果换作是你 |
[01:59] | when the president of the company has been arrested for murder, right? | 也会在老板被抓后去上班 对吗? |
[02:03] | – I brought you a donut. – Walter, it’s not really a good time. | 我给你带了个油炸圈饼 沃尔特 来的真不是时候 |
[02:06] | OK. | -我还带来些其他消息 |
[02:09] | I also have some news I think you’re… | 我想你会感… -我不知道我的饭碗(工作)还有没有 |
[02:11] | I don’t know if I have a job. I gotta go, sorry! | 我…我该走了 对不起 |
[02:15] | Maybe I’ll meet you for lunch. | 午饭时再见好吗 |
[02:18] | She’s… got a lot going on. | 她… 有很多事情要处理 |
[02:21] | Sources suspect it was none other than Alexis Meade | 有人怀疑正是亚历克西斯·米德 |
[02:24] | who provided the evidence to put her father away. | 提供了她老爸的犯罪证据 |
[02:28] | Meanwhile, no one knows which side brother Daniel is going to fall on. | 同时 没有人知道丹尼尔会倒向哪边 |
[02:31] | Which brings us to the all-important question: | 而这恰好给我们留下了最关键的疑团… |
[02:34] | What’s going to happen at Mode? | 《时尚》将会上演什么好戏? |
[02:49] | Miss Meade! Why did you come back as a woman? | 米德小姐 是什么原因促使你 以女性的身份再次回来呢? |
[02:52] | – Do you enjoy wearing dresses? – What size are your breasts? | 你喜欢女装吗? 你穿多大码的内衣? |
[02:55] | How does it feel to be back at Meade? | 回米德的感觉如何? |
[03:00] | Fan-freakin-tastic. | 相当美妙 米德小姐 谁给你做的头发? |
[03:12] | Wait! | 等等 |
[03:15] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[03:17] | Oh… | |
[03:29] | – So how’s it going in there? – Terrific. Just like the club, | 在里面感觉怎样? 好极了 |
[03:32] | except the caddies all carry shivs. | 就像俱乐部里一样 唯一的不同就是球童们都拿着刀 |
[03:36] | – How’s your mother doing? – I wouldn’t know. | 你老妈怎么样? 不清楚 |
[03:39] | She spent the weekend with Alex. | 她整个周末都和亚历克斯呆在一起 |
[03:41] | We have to fight him, Daniel. | 我们要击败他 丹尼尔 |
[03:42] | While I’m in here, it’s up to you to keep Meade running. | 我在里面(监狱)的时候 公司就全靠你了 |
[03:46] | You talk to the lawyers? | 你和律师谈过了吗? |
[03:47] | They said the prosecution’s got some pretty strong evidence. | 他们说控方掌握了一些很有利的证据 |
[03:51] | Phone logs, e-mails… Fey’s car. | 电话记录 电邮 菲的车 |
[03:55] | You do believe I’m innocent, don’t you? | 你相信我是无辜的 对吗? |
[03:59] | I want to. | 我想相信 |
[04:17] | – Hi. I’m Betty… – Suarez. | 你好 -我是贝蒂 -苏亚雷斯 |
[04:20] | My brother’s assistant. I know who you are. | 我老弟的助手 我知道你是谁 |
[04:26] | OK, let’s just cut to it. They soften the jaw. Slim the nose. | 好吧 让我们直接一些 |
[04:30] | Lower the hairline. Shave the Adam’s apple. Then there are implants, | 医生柔化了我下巴的轮廓 修细了鼻子 降低了发髻 |
[04:33] | cheeks, breasts, ass. I’ll spare you the more graphic details. | 去掉了喉结 然后植入了脸颊 胸部 |
[04:37] | But just to put a rumor to rest, | 臀部 我以后会和你分享更细节的部分 但现在我只想澄清一件事… |
[04:39] | they don’t save “it” in a jar. | 医生们没有把我的”那玩意” |
[04:43] | Ah. | 保存到一个罐子里 |
[04:45] | That’s good to know. | 很”高兴”知道 |
[04:51] | And no, I haven’t given up smoking. It’s a hormone patch. | 我并没有戒烟 |
[04:54] | So my mustache doesn’t grow back. | 这个是荷尔蒙补救法 用来防止我继续长胡子 |
[04:56] | Really? Where’d you get that? | 真的吗? |
[04:58] | Because I have to bleach all the time, and it is such a pain. | 你在哪儿学到的? 我经常要剃 难受死了 |
[05:04] | Mode magazine stands behind the Meade family… | 《时尚》支持米德家族 |
[05:07] | And we are certain all of these matters will be resolved… | 我们确定这些问题肯定将被解决… |
[05:11] | In a timely and appropriate manner. | 使用及时而有效的方式 |
[05:14] | – Do you have any job openings? – Daniel… | 你们有职务空缺吗? 丹尼尔 |
[05:16] | The Times called wanting a quote, Dr. Phil called offering his services, | 《泰晤士》报打电话 来确认事情的真实性 费尔欧博士打电话来提供服务 |
[05:20] | and E! called, wanting to do a reality show about your family. | e!娱乐频道打电话来说 想做关于你家族的真人秀 |
[05:23] | Tell them “no.” Call a staff meeting for 11:00 a. m. | 告诉他们通通不行 在上午11点召开全体会议 |
[05:26] | We’re behind on the swimsuit issue, I need people to focus on business. | 泳装发布会我们已经拖了很久了 我需要大家都专心工作 |
[05:30] | – Anything else? – Your sister’s in the building. | 还有其他事情吗? 你的姐姐就在这座大厦里 如果你想见她的话 |
[05:32] | – I don’t have a sister. – Daniel… | -我没有姐姐 -丹尼尔… |
[05:34] | We have an issue to get out. And I need coffee… lots of it. | 贝蒂 我有公务要处理 我需要咖啡 越多越好 |
[05:42] | – Henry, hi, what are you doing here? – Hiding. | 亨利 你在干嘛? 躲藏 |
[05:46] | When the paparazzi stalk accountants, it’s bad. | 当那些摄影记者围追堵截会计们的时候 你知道这会很糟 |
[05:48] | Yeah, I know, they were following me, too. | 是的 我知道 |
[05:51] | One of them thought that my glasses and nose were a disguise. | 这些家伙也在跟踪我 其中一个还认为 我的眼镜和鼻子都是为了掩饰 |
[05:54] | I like your glasses and your nose. | 我喜欢你的眼镜和鼻子 |
[05:57] | I was wondering, Are you interested in seeing Wicked? I have two tickets. | 我在想 明天晚上你是否有兴趣 |
[06:01] | Oh, my God! How did you know that I wanted to see that? | 看《暗夜危情》? 我有两张票 你是怎么知道我想看的? |
[06:04] | – You were humming Popular on Tuesday. – You noticed. | 周二的时候你在电梯里谈论很火 |
[06:07] | After you said, “I’m dying to see Wicked.” | 你注意到了 在那之后你说”我太想看《暗夜危情》了” |
[06:10] | You know, green girl, feels like an outsider… | 你知道的 稚气的女孩子觉得自己就像个局外人 |
[06:15] | Go figure. | 被你发现了 |
[06:16] | I would love to! | 我非常愿意去 |
[06:18] | – It’s a date! – Oh… | 这是个约会 |
[06:21] | Wait, I can’t… | 等等 我…我不能… |
[06:25] | …you know, that… Walter. | 你知道的…沃尔特 |
[06:27] | – Oh. Sorry. – Yeah. | 对不起 |
[06:31] | You hadn’t mentioned him in awhile. | 只是…你很久都没有提起过他 |
[06:33] | I know. It’s just really complicated. | 我了解… 只是…有些复杂 |
[06:38] | Sure. | 的确 |
[06:40] | But, maybe we can still go, you know, as friends. | 但也许我们仍然可以去 作为朋友 |
[06:45] | – I guess we can do that. – Great, perfect, see you tomorrow. | 我想可以的 那太好了 明天见 |
[06:49] | Great. | 好的 |
[06:52] | Great. Another friend. | 好的 又一个朋友 |
[06:58] | I think word is out among the staff about the takeover. | 关于你接管公司这件事情 同事们都传开了 |
[07:02] | Another suck up bouquet. | 又一束让人作呕的花 |
[07:05] | If you wanted to suck up, Leslie, | 如果你想奉承 |
[07:07] | you should’ve known I hate peonies. | 莱斯利 你应该知道我讨厌芍药花 |
[07:11] | So, I just got an e-mail from Daniel about a meeting at 11:00. | 我刚接到丹尼尔的电邮 关于11点的会议 |
[07:14] | Why does he still get to do that? I thought we were in power. | 他为什么还要那样做? 我以为我们已经大权在握了 |
[07:17] | Relax, Evita. In due time. | 放松些 埃维塔 |
[07:34] | Daniel? Everyone’s waiting for you in the conference room. It’s 11:00. | 很快就会的 所有人都在会议室等你 11点了 |
[07:38] | Oh, right, thanks. | 好的 谢谢 |
[07:41] | I realize the fax machines have been working overtime | 我发现所有的传真机 |
[07:43] | with all the resumes being sent out. | 都在不停的向外发送简历 |
[07:46] | I thought Wilhelmina was in charge. I sent peonies! | 我以为威廉敏娜已经掌权了 我还送了芍药花给她 |
[07:48] | I know, I switched your card with Leslie’s. You’re welcome. | 是的 我知道 我已经把你 和莱斯利的卡片换了 不客气 |
[07:51] | Mode will continue as it always has. | 一切都将像以前一样继续 |
[07:54] | I’ll just ask for your patience and trust in the coming weeks… | 我只希望你们能够耐心 并且相信在未来的几周内… |
[08:00] | …as we get everything sorted out. | 当我们理清所有事情 |
[08:02] | Aw! | |
[08:04] | Little Danny’s running a meeting. | 小丹尼在主持会议 |
[08:07] | That is just so cute. Does anyone have a camera? | 真太可爱了 有人有相机吗? |
[08:10] | Well, seeing as this is a meeting for Mode employees only, | 鉴于这是只针对《时尚》员工的会议 |
[08:15] | I don’t think my dead brother falls into that category. | 我不认为我死去的哥哥属于那一类 |
[08:18] | And that’s where you’re wrong. | 你错了 |
[08:20] | “In the event of the death or incapacitation of Bradford Meade, | “当布拉德福·米德亡故 或者无能力掌管公司事宜时…” |
[08:25] | control of Meade Publications transfers immediately to his eldest son, | “米德发行公司的控制权 |
[08:30] | Alexander Spencer Meade.” | 将马上归其长子 亚历山大·斯宾塞·米德” |
[08:34] | It’s a shame Dad never got around to updating the charter. | 很可惜老爸从没有更新过这项规定 |
[08:37] | – He didn’t have anyone to trust. – You can’t be serious. | 我猜他没有其他可以信任的人了 你不是认真的吧 |
[08:40] | I am. And to show you how serious, | 是认真的 |
[08:44] | I’d like to present the new Editor-in-Chief of Mode, | 为了让你知道我有多认真 我要隆重介绍《时尚》的新主编… |
[08:47] | Wilhelmina Slater. | 威廉敏娜·斯莱特 |
[08:51] | Me? | 我? |
[08:53] | Well, I’m as shocked as all of you. | 我和在座各位一样震惊 |
[08:57] | And I’m flattered, but… | 我也很荣幸的 可是… |
[08:59] | He doesn’t work here anymore. | 他已经不是这的员工了 |
[09:02] | Danny, you’re fired. | 丹尼 你被炒了 |
[09:24] | Thanks again for your time, I appreciate it. | 谢谢你们 |
[09:29] | So, what did the lawyers say? Do I need to start packing? | 律师们怎么说? 我是不是要开始收拾东西? |
[09:32] | – We’re not going anywhere. – Yeah! That’s what I’m talking about! | 我们哪儿都不去 太好了! 那正是我想要的 |
[09:36] | The charter gives control to Alex Meade, technically dead. | 你看 章程上说给予亚历克斯·米德权利 但理论上来说 |
[09:39] | – We can challenge the document. – That’s all? | 亚历克斯已经死了 我们有可以推翻整个文件 只有这些? |
[09:42] | The eldest son is now the eldest “daughter.” That’s also questionable. | 对 长子已经变成了长女 这也值得推敲 |
[09:46] | – I’m gonna start packing. – No, wait, Betty… | 我还是去收拾东西好了 别这样…等等… |
[09:49] | …we’re buying time. | 贝蒂 我们在这争取时间 |
[09:50] | With time, my father will get out, Alex will be gone again. | 只要有时间 老爸就能出来而亚历克斯会再次消失在我面前 |
[09:53] | Look, if Alexis does end up in power, maybe it’d be better to be on her side. | 丹尼尔 如果亚历克西斯最后得逞了 也许应该站在她那边 |
[09:58] | He fired me! | 她把我炒了 |
[10:00] | I fired my sister and we still talk. | 我也曾把我的姐姐炒了 可我们仍然说话 |
[10:02] | – It’s what families do, forgive. – Well, our families are very different. | 这就是一家子 要相互谅解 但我们家完全不同 |
[10:06] | I know the fact that your brother is now your sister is a lot to process. | 丹尼尔 我知道哥哥变成姐姐 让你很难接受 |
[10:10] | So, I did some research to help you understand. | 所以我做了些研究来帮助你 |
[10:12] | I got you The Renee Richards Story. It’s old, but it holds up. | 我还给你找了雷内·理查兹的故事 很老但仍然管用 |
[10:16] | And Tootsie. It’s not relevant, but it’s a good movie. | 另外还有《窈窕淑男》(1982年戏剧影片) 尽管这不相关 但是部好片子 |
[10:19] | I’m gonna make this crystal clear. | 我要把这一切搞清楚 |
[10:22] | I have no interest in understanding “Alexis” Meade. | 我没有兴趣了解亚历克西斯·米德 |
[10:27] | Styles wants your thoughts about tankinis. | 设计师们想知道 你对这次泳装的设计有什么想法 |
[10:30] | I think somewhere there’s a lesbian water polo team that’ll love them. | 我想也许会有女同性恋水球队喜欢 |
[10:34] | You. You’re fired. | 你…你被炒了 |
[10:37] | – Anna Wintour returned, wants to lunch. – Now she calls. | 安娜·温特尔(《VOGUE》美国版主编)回来了 她希望和你共进午餐 她终于来电话了 |
[10:40] | I left that message in 1998. Tell her I’m busy. | 我1998年就给过她同样的讯息 告诉她我没空 |
[10:44] | Is this you? | 这是你吗? |
[10:46] | You looked better before the haircut. And you’re fired. | 你剪头前看起来好些 你被解雇了 |
[10:49] | This is fun. I want to do one. | 太有趣了 我也想试一次 |
[10:51] | – Hey, you, you’re fired! – I don’t work here. | 你 你被解雇了 我不是这的 |
[10:54] | Not anymore you don’t! | 你的确不是了 |
[10:56] | – Hold it. That stays. – What’s going on? | 放下 不要拿走 怎么回事? |
[11:01] | Daniel got an injunction. The takeover’s been halted. | 丹尼尔得到了法院的禁令 -接管工作被中止了 |
[11:04] | – What? – It’ll never hold up in court. | -什么? 绝不会拖太久 |
[11:06] | – We’ll be on track in a week. – What do I do till then? | 一周内我们就会回到正常轨道 在那之前我该怎么办? |
[11:09] | You wait. You bide your time a little longer. | 等着 只是多忍耐一段日子 |
[11:12] | I am not going back to being Daniel’s creative director. | 我不会再做丹尼尔的创作总监了 |
[11:16] | – I worked too hard. – You were there for an hour. | 爬到这个位置我付出了太多 你只在那个位置上呆了一个小时 |
[11:19] | Let’s see how this magazine runs without me. Marc, call for my car. | 我倒要看看没有我这里怎么运转? 马克 把我的车叫来 |
[11:23] | You can’t leave, we have an issue to finish. | 威廉敏 你不能走 我们有个泳装的设计工作要完成 |
[11:25] | Let Daniel handle it. | 让丹尼尔处理吧 |
[11:27] | These gold pumps will not step foot in this building | 我不会踏进这幢大楼一步 |
[11:29] | until I rule this magazine! | 直到我掌控公司为止 |
[11:35] | – She’s a little dramatic, isn’t she? – Don’t you love it? | 她有点抓狂了 不是吗? 你不认为很可爱吗? |
[11:43] | Dad? | 老爸? |
[11:44] | – It’s so white in here. – What are you doing here? | 这里面太白了 你来这儿干嘛? |
[11:47] | – Is everything OK? – I wanted to talk to you… | 出什么事了? 我想在沃尔特来之前和你聊聊 |
[11:50] | – …before Walter gets here. – Walter’s coming? | 什么? 沃尔特要来? |
[11:53] | He came by this morning to tell you he got a promotion. | 他今早是过来告诉你他升职了 |
[11:56] | Assistant Manager of a new Pro Buy. | 他被提升为新销售部门的经理助理 |
[11:59] | – Oh, my God! – But he’s about to turn it down. | 但是他想推掉 |
[12:02] | – Why? – It’s in Maryland… and you’re here. | 为什么? 因为工作地点在马里兰… |
[12:06] | No! He should not do something like that for me. | 你在这里 不 他不应该为了我那么做 |
[12:09] | – We’ll figure it out. – It’s not about “figuring it out.” | 我们会讲清楚的 贝蒂 不是讲清楚那么简单 |
[12:12] | You can’t keep stringing him along if you… | 你不能再拖了… |
[12:16] | – …if you’re not in love with him. – I don’t know what I am right now. | 如果你并不爱他 老爸 我现在也搞不清楚 |
[12:20] | Honey, he wants a future with you. | 亲爱的 他想和你在一起 |
[12:24] | Unless you plan on standing in front of a priest with this guy… | 除非你打算和他结婚… |
[12:28] | …you need to let him go. | 要不你该放他走 |
[12:31] | OK, thank you for coming. I have to get back to work. | 好的 老爸 谢谢你过来告诉我这些 我得回去工作了 |
[12:34] | I was just concerned for you. | 我只是很担心你 |
[12:36] | And I was hoping to get a look at the she-male. | 而且我还想看一下那个变性人 |
[12:40] | Dad! | 老爸 |
[12:50] | What are you doing here? | 你来干嘛? |
[12:53] | Oh, my God! What happened to you? | 发生什么事情了? |
[12:56] | – School called me, he got into a fight. – A fight? Why didn’t they call me? | 学校给我电话说他打架了 打架? 等等 他们为什么不和我联系? |
[13:00] | He’s my father. They can call him if they want to. | 他是我老爸 对吗? 只要愿意他们就可以和他联系 |
[13:02] | Hey. Attitude. Ay, Dios mio. | 注意你说话的态度 |
[13:05] | – Who did this to you? – I’m going to my room. | 谁干的? 我要回房间了 |
[13:19] | Excuse me. Can I help you? | 你好 有什么需要帮忙的吗? |
[13:23] | – Who are you? – I am Betty Suarez. | 你是? 我是贝蒂·苏亚雷斯 |
[13:25] | – I am Daniel Meade’s assistant. – Claire Meade. Daniel Meade’s mother. | 丹尼尔·米德的助手 克莱尔·米德 丹尼尔·米德的老妈 |
[13:30] | I win. | 看来我更厉害一些 |
[13:35] | Hello, Daniel. | 你好啊 丹尼尔 |
[13:37] | Mom? What are you doing here? | 老妈? 你到这儿来做什么? |
[13:39] | Enjoying this glorious day. | 享受这一切 |
[13:42] | The sun is shining. The air is crisp. | 艳阳高照 空气清新 |
[13:45] | Even the hobos have a spring in their step. | 就连流浪汉都欢快异常 |
[13:47] | – Are you OK? – Don’t I seem OK? | 你还好吗? 我看起来不好吗? |
[13:51] | No. You seem… happy. | 不 你看起来…很开心 |
[13:54] | You realize what happened in the family the last three days? | 你难道没意识到 这3天我们家发生了什么吗? |
[13:57] | – Look what I bought your sister. – You didn’t just say that. | 看看 我都给你老姐买了什么 你没说错吧 |
[14:01] | With her boobs, she’ll be a knockout in this dress. | 照她的胸型来看 |
[14:04] | This one comes in green. | 穿这件衣服会迷死人的 这件是绿色的 |
[14:07] | Which do you think is her color? | 你觉得哪件更配她 |
[14:09] | Are you on pills? Do I need to call a sponsor or something? | 你吃错药了? 我是不是要叫个付钱的或别的什么? |
[14:12] | – Don’t be ridiculous. – Mom, Dad is in prison. | 别在这搞笑了 老妈 |
[14:15] | – You have not gone to see him yet! – He won’t be there for long. | 老爸在牢里关着 你现在为止都没有去看他一眼 他不会在那儿呆太久的 |
[14:18] | He didn’t do this, you know. Do you have plans for lunch? | 根本就不是他干的 午餐有什么计划? |
[14:22] | I want to take both my children out. | 我想把两个小家伙一起带出去 |
[14:24] | Stop acting like it’s Easter! OK? | 别搞得好像复活节一样 好吗? |
[14:27] | Your family is falling apart. Do you realize that? | 你的家庭快散了 你没有意识到吗? |
[14:30] | My family is coming together. | 我们一家子团圆了 |
[14:33] | The child I buried and grieved over for the last two years is alive. | 我两年前亲手埋葬的孩子仍然活着 |
[14:38] | I don’t care what he came back as. | 我才不管他回来后的样子 |
[14:42] | I have him back. | 他回来了 |
[14:46] | “Her.” | 是她 |
[14:51] | Cancel my appointments. I’m taking my mother to a spa. | -取消我所有行程 我要带老妈去泡温泉 -为什么? |
[14:54] | – Why? – I can’t let her out of my sight. | 因为我不能让她离开我的视线 |
[14:56] | She’s acting like she’s on the verge of a nervous breakdown. | 她似乎就要精神崩溃了 |
[15:00] | – She looks fine to me. – Her crazy works on this time delay. | 我看她很正常 相信我 贝蒂 她迟早会发疯的 |
[15:04] | When Alex died, she spent three days | 你知道吗? 亚历克斯死后 |
[15:06] | planning a party, during the main course she excuses herself, | 她花了三天准备一个餐会 在主菜上到一半的时候 她突然离开了… |
[15:10] | goes upstairs, swallows a bottle of pills. | 然后上楼吞了一整瓶药 |
[15:13] | Um… | |
[15:16] | – I can take your mother. – What, really? | 我可以带你老妈去 什么? 真的吗? |
[15:18] | You have these phone calls and meetings… | 你有这么多的电话和会议要处理 |
[15:21] | – I can’t ask you to do that. – Don’t be silly, Daniel. | 贝蒂 我不能叫你做这些 别傻了 丹尼尔 |
[15:24] | Come on, Mrs. Meade, we’re going to the spa! | 走吧 米德夫人 我们要去泡温泉了 |
[15:26] | – Goodie. A new babysitter. – We’ll take the stairs. | 天啊 一个新保姆 我们走楼梯 |
[15:29] | – It’ll get the toxins out. – I like my toxins… | 可以帮助排出毒素(酒精) |
[15:33] | …with two olives. | 我喜欢我的毒素(酒精)… 再加两颗橄榄 |
[15:36] | Excuse me, was that blur running for the fire exit Betty? | 打扰一下 那个跑向安全通道的是不是贝蒂? |
[15:40] | – I wanted to take her to lunch. – That’s actually my fault. | 我原本想带她去吃午饭的 事实上 这都是我的错 |
[15:43] | I sent her on a special errand. It’s been a crazy day. | 我给了她一见特殊的差事 真是疯狂的一天 |
[15:46] | Oh. Because I have a coupon for the baked potato bar. | 因为我有一张烤马铃薯吧的优惠卷 |
[15:49] | It’s for two. | 两个人的 |
[15:52] | Sorry. I had a potato for breakfast. | 对不起 我早上吃了马铃薯 |
[16:02] | It’s ridiculous. One DUl, | 一次酒后驾车 |
[16:06] | O.D. a couple of times, | 别人就认为你酗酒 只要几次… |
[16:08] | show up naked at a garden party, | 赤身裸体的出现在游园会上 |
[16:11] | and suddenly… …everyone treats you like a child. | 突然间所有人都把你当作小孩子看待 |
[16:15] | He wants to be sure you can’t hurt yourself. | 丹尼尔只是想确定你不会伤害自己 |
[16:17] | If I wanted to drink this, what could you do to stop me? | 如果我要喝这个 你会怎么做呢? |
[16:22] | – Not bad. – So, do you go to spas often? | 还不错 你经常泡温泉浴吗? |
[16:26] | Oh… hello. I’m guessing “yes.” | …我想是的 |
[16:29] | This is my first time at the spa. I’m actually really excited to be here. | 这是我第一次来 这个地方让我感觉有些兴奋 |
[16:33] | My boyfriend surprised me at work, it’s a lousy surprise. | 我男朋友想在我工作时给我一个惊喜 可事实上有点让人闹心… |
[16:36] | I have to break up with him, I’ve never broken up with anyone before. | 因为我必须和他分手 可我从来没有主动提出分手过 |
[16:40] | – I’m a green girl… – Betty. I’m in the tub. | -我是说 我没有经验… -贝蒂 我已经在浴盆里了 |
[16:44] | – You can stop babbling. – OK. | 你可以住嘴了 好的 |
[17:07] | – Who the hell are you? – I’m Evelyn. | 你是谁? 我是伊夫琳 |
[17:10] | Your cleaning lady for 13 years. It’s nice to meet you. | 为你工作了13年的清洁工 很高兴见到你 |
[17:14] | Nice to put a face with the burrito wrapper you left on my counter. | 很高兴看到你 把墨西哥玉米饼的包装纸放在厨台上 |
[17:18] | So, what are you doing home in the middle of the afternoon? | 下午的这个时候你呆在家干嘛? |
[17:22] | I thought you were the editor-in-chief. | 我以为你是主编了 |
[17:25] | – How did you know that? – I snooped. I saw your business cards. | 你怎么知道的? 我偷看到的 我看了你的工作卡 |
[17:29] | – I’m taking the afternoon off. – Oh, please. | 我今天下午休假 |
[17:32] | Women like us don’t take no afternoons off. | 少来了 像我们这样的女人 从不会下午休假 |
[17:35] | Our careers always come first. | 工作总是第一位的 |
[17:38] | Well, maybe women like us | 也许像我们这样的女人…应当了解 |
[17:41] | need to learn there’s more to life | 有比工作更有意义的事情 |
[17:44] | than work… Evelyn. | 伊夫琳 |
[17:48] | Caviar? | 来点鱼子酱? |
[17:55] | He still won’t tell me what happened. | 他还是不愿意告诉我发生了什么 |
[17:57] | He showed up to school twirling a flag. What do you think? | 你儿子今天在学校里摇旗子 你认为发生了什么? |
[18:00] | Look at this. Ice skating lessons, jazzercise, Music Man auditions… | 瞧瞧这些 溜冰课 爵士舞练习… “音乐人”试听会 |
[18:04] | I know, I know, it’s my fault for letting him be who he is. | 我知道…我知道… 我不应该让他做自己想做的 |
[18:07] | I bought him unicorn stickers when he was three. | 在他三岁的时候给他买了独角兽粘贴(粘纸) 而那之后情况就越来越糟 |
[18:10] | Go ahead, make jokes, but now he’s getting beat up. | 继续…继续开那些 不着边际的玩笑 希尔达 可现在他被打了 |
[18:13] | – It’s time for us to get practical. – “Us”? | 我们应该实际些 我们? |
[18:16] | There hasn’t been an “us” with Justin | 从我坐到你那辆租来的卡玛洛(美国车品牌) |
[18:18] | since the back seat of your rented Camaro. | 后座开始 就已经没有什么”我们”了 |
[18:20] | Uh-uh. You can leave now. I will handle this. | 你可以走了 我能处理好这件事 |
[18:24] | Whether you like it or not, he asked me to pick him up from school today. | 不论你喜不喜欢 今天是他让我到学校接他的 |
[18:31] | You got a beer? | 你有啤酒吗? |
[18:48] | I didn’t pass out in a Mexican whorehouse again, did I? | 我不是又在一个墨西哥 妓院里晕倒了吧? |
[18:52] | No, but could you check my phone for me? | 不是的 能帮我看看电话吗? |
[18:57] | It could be Daniel. | 可能是丹尼尔 |
[19:02] | And there’s the back part. | 现在后面也看见了 |
[19:09] | A guy with no chin and permanent bed-head. | 是个没有下巴 并且头发一团糟的男人 |
[19:12] | Oh, that’s Walter, my boyfriend. | 那是沃尔特 我男朋友 |
[19:14] | He says he has a big surprise for you. | 他说有个大惊喜要告诉你 |
[19:16] | And then a smiley face. | 后面还有个笑脸 |
[19:19] | Yeah, he does that. He also makes a clown face out of the “a” in Walter. | 是的 他总那样 他还喜欢把他名字中间的”a” 做成一个小丑的模样 |
[19:23] | Hot. | 很热情 |
[19:26] | This guy is a pain in the ass. Break up with him already. | 这个家伙看起来就让人心烦 甩了他 |
[19:30] | It’s not that easy. He loves me. | 没那么简单 他爱我 |
[19:33] | Well, according to his latest message, he “wuvs” you. | 就他最新一条短信来看 他说他”喜欢”(不是爱)你 |
[19:38] | Why are you holding onto him? | 你为什么还和他在一起? |
[19:42] | – I’ll stand up again. – OK, OK. | 我又要站起来了 好吧…好吧… |
[19:46] | Before my mother died, | 在我母亲去世之前 |
[19:49] | she told me the most important thing in life | 她告诉我说 |
[19:52] | is to find someone who loves you. | 生命中最重要的事情 就是找一个爱你的人 |
[19:55] | And when you do, | 当你找到的时候 |
[19:57] | hold onto them no matter what. | 无论发生什么 都要和他厮守在一起 |
[20:00] | Because in the end, that’s all that matters. | 因为到最后那才是最重要的事情 |
[20:03] | Honey, if your mother were still here, | 亲爱的 如果你的母亲还健在 |
[20:06] | all she’d want to know is that you’re happy… | 她只会希望你能开开心心的 |
[20:09] | …and you’re not happy right now. | 而你现在并不开心 |
[20:14] | I gotta pee. | 我要去卫生间 |
[20:20] | Thank you all for coming. | 感谢大家的光临 |
[20:22] | I’m sure by now you’ve all heard about the injunction. | 我想大家都听说禁令的事情了 |
[20:25] | I can assure you it’s nothing more than a stalling tactic. | 我可以向大家保证 这只不过是拖延时间的把戏而已 |
[20:29] | Within a week, I will assume control of Meade Publications. | 一周内 我将全面掌控米德出版集团 |
[20:32] | Actually, that’s not true. | 实际上 那不是事实 |
[20:36] | My brother Danny, everyone. | 诸位 我的老弟丹尼 |
[20:38] | You probably remember him from his recent humiliation by Sofia Reyes. | 你们可能还记得他最近被 索菲娅·芮姿羞辱的事吧 |
[20:42] | When it comes to family humiliations, I’ll definitely take mine over yours. | 说到让家族蒙羞 我绝对比不上你 |
[20:47] | Oh, and Alex, it’s Daniel. | 还有 亚历克斯 是丹尼尔(不是丹尼) |
[20:50] | OK, well, this has been fun, Danny, but if you have more to say, | 好的 有点意思 |
[20:53] | I suggest you call your own press conference. | 丹尼 但如果你还有什么想说的 我建议你举行自己的记者招待会 |
[20:56] | Under my leadership, Meade Publications will become a force in new media also. | 在我的领导下 米德集团会给传媒注入新的力量 |
[21:01] | I have a four-point plan for making us a major player in… | 为了使我们成为业界的龙头 我做了4点计划… |
[21:06] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么? |
[21:08] | I’m calling my own press conference… right now. | 我在召开自己的记者招待会…现在 |
[21:10] | And any of you who come over to mine gets to see a photo of Alexis | 任何到我这边来的人… |
[21:14] | with a whole lot of chest hair. | 都有机会看亚历克西斯 那张满是胸毛的照片 |
[21:20] | And at our cottage, | 在我们的乡村别墅 |
[21:22] | Alex would drag Daniel out on the lake, | 亚历克斯会把丹尼尔拉到湖上… |
[21:25] | push him out of the boat, and make him swim back to shore. | 把他推下船 让丹尼尔自己游回岸 |
[21:30] | Did I mention this was January? | 我说了那是1月份的事情吗? |
[21:33] | – He lost a pinky toe. – Daniel only has nine toes? | 他的小脚趾被冻掉了 丹尼尔只有9个脚趾头? |
[21:38] | No matter what torture Alex concocted, Daniel always looked up to him. | 不论亚历克斯如何歪曲事实 丹尼尔总是表示赞同 |
[21:42] | His big brother could do no wrong. | 在他心里他的老哥不会做错事 |
[21:44] | Could I get a spritz? | 能给我用喷雾吗? |
[21:45] | Ow. Ow! | 能给我用喷雾吗? |
[21:48] | OK, I chose all wrong. | 我完全选错了 |
[21:50] | So, tell me. How bad is it between them? | 那么告诉我 他们之间的关系有多糟? |
[21:53] | They’re, you know… | 他们之间…你知道的… |
[21:55] | They’re adjusting. | 正在相互适应 |
[21:57] | – Betty. – It’s like Cain and Abel… | 贝蒂 就像该隐和亚伯 (都是亚当和夏娃的儿子) |
[22:00] | …if Abel was a woman, who used to be a man. | 如果亚伯是变性人 |
[22:03] | Ah… ah… ow! | |
[22:06] | Believe it or not, | 不管你是否相信 |
[22:07] | there was actually a time when we were a real family. | 我们也曾经亲如一家 |
[22:11] | Every birthday, the kids would drag us to Coney Island. | 每到过生日的时候 孩子们总是要我们带他们去科尼岛 |
[22:15] | I always hoped they’d want to do something more civilized like… | 我过去总希望他们会去做些文雅的事情 |
[22:20] | …a nice pheasant hunt. | 比如说打打野鸡 |
[22:24] | Now I would kill for bumper cars and corn dogs. | 而现在 我好想能和他们 一起玩玩碰碰车 吃几个玉米夹肠面包 |
[22:27] | It might not be too late to fix this. | 也许现在补救还不晚 |
[22:30] | There’s one thing that they have in common: | 他们有一点相同 |
[22:33] | they both really care about you. | 他们都很关心你 |
[22:46] | OK, so you see that stripper? She used to be a nun, | 你看见那个脱衣舞女了吗? |
[22:49] | and she’s pregnant with the butcher’s baby. | 她曾经是个修女 然后怀上了屠夫的孩子 |
[22:51] | But, she doesn’t know that the butcher is her second cousin. | 但她并不知道屠夫是她的二表哥 |
[22:54] | Story as old as time. | 老掉牙的故事 |
[22:58] | How many boyfriends do I get? | 我有多少个男朋友? |
[23:00] | One, two, three… | 1个 2个 3个… |
[23:04] | Wilhelmina Slater’s office. | 威廉敏娜·斯莱特的办公室 |
[23:05] | I’m in hell. Where are we in putting the book together? We’ll make the deadline? | 是我 我们的杂志整合部分进行到哪了? |
[23:09] | I thought you didn’t care. | 我们是不是该制定最后期限了? 我以为你不在乎了 |
[23:11] | That was before I had to watch Mork & Mindy in Spanish. | 那是在我被逼 看西班牙语版 《莫克和明迪》(电视剧)之前 |
[23:14] | I want to know every detail that’s going on down there. | 我要详细地知道那儿发生的所有事情 |
[23:17] | Why don’t you just come down here? | 那你为什么不干脆回来呢? |
[23:20] | I can’t just stroll back in. I made a dramatic exit. | 在我戏剧般的离开之后 我不能就这样回去了… |
[23:24] | But I can be there | 但是我…我不会回去… |
[23:26] | without… actually “being there.” | 除非我真正掌权 |
[23:30] | That makes sense. | 听上去不错 |
[23:32] | Now listen, take the orchid on your desk, | 现在给我听着 拿起桌上的兰花 |
[23:35] | turn it slowly clockwise until I tell you to stop. | 把它慢慢地顺时针转 直到我让你停下来 |
[23:38] | This isn’t going to squirt me with water or anything, is it? | 好的 这不会喷我一身水 或者别的什么吧? |
[23:43] | Smile. | 微笑 |
[23:46] | You might want to cut those nose hairs. | 你该修修你的鼻毛了 |
[23:55] | Nothing will be changing at either Meade or our flagship Mode. | 米德和《时尚》什么都不会改变 |
[23:59] | There will be extensive changes at both Meade and Mode. | 米德和《时尚》将会发生很多的变化 |
[24:02] | Naturally, people who aren’t in power can’t make changes, can they? | 没有权利的人没法子改变 对吗? |
[24:05] | And people who are just playing editor-in-chief | 那个以为自己是主编的人 |
[24:08] | should go back to throwing a football and whoring around. | 应该回去玩橄榄球或者去鬼混 |
[24:11] | Are you people really gonna listen to someone who wet his bed… | 你们真的准备听某个尿床的人… |
[24:16] | – …until he was 15. – Shut up! | 一直到他15岁为止? |
[24:19] | No, you shut up! Oh, that’s not fair. I can’t hit a girl, can I? | 闭嘴! 不 你才应该闭嘴 这不公平 我不能打女孩子 对吗? |
[24:23] | You’ll have to hit yourself! Why are you hitting yourself? | 好极了 我猜你只能自己打自己了 你为什么要打自己? 你为什么要打自己? |
[24:26] | Stop it! Both of you. Right now. | 住手 马上 |
[24:28] | There’s nothing to see here, ladies and gentlemen! | 各位 这里没有什么好看的 |
[24:38] | – Hey! Nails! – You two are acting really ridiculous! | 小心你的指甲 你们俩简直太可笑了 |
[24:42] | – He started it! – Did not! | -是啊 但是他先开始的 -不是我 |
[24:44] | OK, stop it. Cut it out! | 住手 住手 都给我住手! |
[24:46] | This is serious. Your mother is missing. | 很严重 你们的老妈不见了 |
[24:58] | OK. All right, thank you very much. | 好的 非常感谢 |
[25:01] | Her psychiatrist hasn’t heard anything. I’ll go find her. | 她的心理医生没得到任何消息 我得马上去找她 |
[25:04] | – I’ll go! – Since when do you care about Mom? | -我也要去 -你从什么时候开始关心老妈了? |
[25:06] | I love Mom! She’s the person I missed! | 我爱她 她是我唯一想念的人 |
[25:08] | Right, nothing says “I love you” like faking your own death. | 是啊 因为没有人会 用装死来表达”我爱你”的 不是吗? |
[25:12] | Guys, try and work together. | 好啦 你们要试着合作 |
[25:14] | At the spa she kept saying that she wanted to go back to happier times, | 泡温泉浴的时候 |
[25:17] | like when you were younger. | 你们老妈不停说 她想回到你们年轻时候的快乐日子 |
[25:20] | Is there anywhere special you used to go? | 有什么特别的地方 你们过去常去的? |
[25:24] | Well, she used to like taking us to clothing museums. | 她…她经常带我们去”衣”博馆 |
[25:28] | Those were stores. She called them “museums” to get us out of school. | 是商店 蠢货 她这样说是为了让我们逃课 |
[25:32] | OK, guys. Think. | 好了 好好想想… |
[25:33] | Happy times… like, say, | 快乐的时光 |
[25:35] | where you used to go for your birthdays. | 就像 你们过生日的时候经常去的地方 |
[25:41] | – Coney Island. – Every year. | 科尼岛 |
[25:43] | – You think that’s where she is? – Maybe. Do you really think…? | 每年都回去 你认为她会在那? 也许 |
[25:47] | Yes! God, you’re so bad at this! Let’s go. | 你真地这样认为? 是的! … 你们反应太慢了 我们走 |
[25:53] | Justin! Will you please come down here? | 贾斯廷 你能下来一下吗? |
[26:01] | Something tells me he won’t knock somebody up on prom night. | 直觉告诉我他不会在舞会上打人的 |
[26:04] | – What are you still doing here? – Oh, nothing. | 你还在这里干嘛? |
[26:07] | Just watching you let our son “be who he wants to be.” | 没事 只是看着你让儿子”做他自己” |
[26:11] | Fine, Santos, fine. I give up. | 好了 桑托斯 我放弃 |
[26:13] | I will let him be who you want him to be, OK? | 我会让按你说的来做 可以吗? |
[26:16] | And I will take away everything that he loves. | 把他所有他喜欢的东西都拿走 |
[26:19] | There. That’s his life. | 这就是他的生活… |
[26:21] | A dentist appointment. | 去看牙医(指改正错误) |
[26:23] | At least he’ll still have teeth. | 至少他还有牙齿 |
[26:26] | Hilda, I’m telling you, we’re being good parents. | 希尔达 我只是告诉你 我们是很棒的父母 |
[26:28] | – We’re protecting him. – Stop! | -我们在保护他 |
[26:31] | Yeah, yeah, yeah. | -别说了 |
[26:37] | – You must be the mother. – Is there a problem? | 你就是他的母亲 有什么问题吗? |
[26:41] | I’ll say. Your kid beat up my Bobby. | 我想说的是 你的孩子打了我的博比 |
[26:48] | So how long you been spying on me? | 你监视我多久了? |
[26:50] | You don’t have an orchid in the stairwell, do you? | 你在楼梯间没有放兰花吧? |
[26:53] | Don’t worry, dear. | 别担心 亲爱的 |
[26:54] | I don’t find you nearly as interesting as you find yourself. | 我不会发现 |
[26:58] | Ooh. | 你比你自己认为的还有趣 |
[26:59] | Wait. Back up. | 等等 回去 |
[27:03] | Turn around. | 转身 |
[27:06] | Stop. Is that a party? | 停 |
[27:09] | Uh… | 那是在开派对吗? |
[27:10] | Are you people celebrating a birthday? | 你们在庆祝生日? |
[27:12] | Joelle in Styles turned 30. We had to do something to help. | 珠莉 30岁了 我们想帮她庆祝一下 |
[27:16] | Birthdays are the gateway to Secret Santas and casual Fridays. | 生日只是放松和偷懒的借口 |
[27:20] | Take me to Daniel’s office. Maybe he’s actually doing some work. | 带我去丹尼尔的办公室 也许他正在工作 |
[27:24] | Ding dong, the witch is gone. We can finally have cake! | 老巫婆走了 我们终于可以吃蛋糕了 |
[27:28] | It was for your own good, you dump truck! | 这是为了你好 你这个垃圾 |
[27:37] | – Where is Daniel? – I don’t know. | -丹尼尔在哪? -我不知道 |
[27:39] | This is ridiculous. Take me to Alexis. | 太荒谬了 带我去见亚历克西斯 |
[27:41] | – Actually, she left about an hour ago. – What? | 实际上 她一小时前就走了 |
[27:44] | There’s a 3:00 at Layouts to nail down the center spread! | 什么? 三点钟要确定版面设计 |
[27:47] | Who the hell is running this magazine? | 到底谁在运作这家杂志? |
[27:51] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[27:59] | – There she is! Mom! – I want a ride, Mom! | -在那呢 老妈! |
[28:01] | Stay away from the crazy lady! | -我也想坐 老妈! |
[28:03] | – Mom! – Get out of the car! | -老妈 -出来吧 |
[28:05] | – Make me! – What’s she doing? | 来抓我 |
[28:08] | I think she wants you to go and get her. | 她在干嘛? 我想她是希望你们进去请她出来 |
[28:10] | Oh, you’ve got to be kidding. | 你一定是在开玩笑 |
[28:16] | Come on, Mom. If you get out, we can all go to a clothing museum. | 快点 老妈 如果你出来我们就可以去”衣”博馆 |
[28:19] | Seriously, you are such an idiot. | 说实在的 |
[28:27] | Well… | 你真是太蠢了 |
[28:29] | …talk to each other. | 现在你们可以聊聊 |
[28:35] | – Wait, you did this on purpose? – You think? | 等等 你故意这样做的? |
[28:38] | – Damn it, we’re adults. – You can’t manipulate us. | -你认为呢? -见鬼 老妈 我们已经是成年人了 你不能再对我们发号施令了 我走了 |
[28:41] | – I’m leaving. – Not so fast. | 现在还不行 |
[28:43] | You two aren’t going anywhere until you start talking. | 你们哪也不许去 直到你们开始谈话为止 |
[28:46] | You too, missy. | 你也是 |
[28:48] | – Hey! – I can do this all night long. | 小姐 我可以一整夜这样干 |
[28:53] | Go ahead. Start talking. | 来吧 开始谈话 |
[28:58] | Yes, we’re all very glad you could fill the position. | 是的 我们都非常高兴能够加入 |
[29:01] | Get Layout in my office right now, we have a 3:00. | 马上把版面设计拿到我的办公室来 三点就快到了 |
[29:04] | What are you doing here? | 你来干嘛? |
[29:06] | Well, just because I don’t have the title yet, | 不能因为我没有得到那个名号 |
[29:08] | doesn’t mean I’ll let a bad issue go out. | 而让一期烂刊发行 |
[29:10] | I get it. Daniel and Alexis are away, | 我明白了 丹尼尔和亚历克西斯不在 |
[29:13] | so you can make a dramatic entrance and then be the big hero. | 而你戏剧般的出现 然后你就是英雄了 |
[29:17] | Believe it or not, Marc, | 马克 |
[29:19] | it’s not always about me. | 不论你相信与否 这并不是为了我自己 |
[29:23] | Are you people faxing resumes? | 你们大家都在发简历吗? |
[29:26] | No. | 没有 |
[29:29] | Now, listen up. | 都给我听着 |
[29:31] | It’s time we stop worrying about the future, focus on the present. | 是时候停止担心将来发生的事情 我们要专心解决现在的问题 |
[29:34] | Mode magazine did not become number one by honoring people’s personal lives. | 《时尚》不是靠员工们贪图享受… 而取得今天的成就的 |
[29:38] | So, I hope you all enjoyed the cake, | 我希望你们好好享用蛋糕… |
[29:40] | because it’ll be your last meal | 因为这将是你们泳装计划圆满完成之前 |
[29:42] | until the swimsuit issue is up to our standards. | 最后的晚餐 |
[29:46] | Amen! | 阿门 |
[29:55] | Bobby says… | 博比说 |
[29:57] | …that Justin started it. | 是贾斯廷先动手的 |
[29:59] | He pulled his hair and scratched him. | 他扯博比的头发 还抓他 |
[30:03] | – Show him the marks, Bobby. – Oh, no. That’s OK, Bobby. | 给他们看看伤疤 博比 不用了 博比 |
[30:07] | There is no way that Justin would do that. | 贾斯廷不会那样干 |
[30:09] | – Not unless he was provoked. – And maybe not even then. | 除非他是被惹恼了 也许当时不是那样 |
[30:13] | – What did Bobby do to you? – Nothing to deserve this. | 博比对你干了什么? 无论干了什么 他都不该得到这样的惩罚 |
[30:16] | So what if he called you a “Slut Mom”? | 就算他骂你是荡妇又怎样呢? |
[30:19] | – I’m sure he’s not the first. – He called me that? | 我敢打包票 他绝不是第一个这样说的 他这么叫我? |
[30:22] | – What kind of kid talks like that? – Can you blame him? | 哪个孩子会那样说话? 这能怪他吗? |
[30:25] | Look at her. | 看看她 |
[30:28] | – Eyes up, Bobby! – And you know what? | 不要盯着看了 博比 |
[30:30] | It’s time for you to go, the boys stay away from each other. End of story. | 你知道吗? 我认为你们该走了 从现在开始 这两个男孩离远点 都结束了 |
[30:35] | You know, you’re a mother. | 你要知道 你是个母亲 |
[30:37] | Why don’t you try looking like it? | 为什么不让自己 看起来像个母亲呢? |
[30:39] | Yeah? You’re a woman. Why don’t you try looking like that? | 是吗? 你是个女人 为什么不让你自己 看起来像个女人呢? |
[30:43] | Snap! | 漂亮! |
[30:56] | Mom, are you mad at me? | 老妈 你是不是在生我的气? |
[31:00] | No. Oh, my God, no, honey. | 不 不是的 宝贝 |
[31:02] | Yeah. Why would she be mad at you? | 他为什么要生气呢? |
[31:05] | You defended your mother. I’m proud of you. | 你保护了你的妈妈 我为你骄傲 |
[31:08] | But we’re gonna have to talk about that scratching and hair-pulling. | 但我们要聊聊 抓痕以及扯头发的事 |
[31:12] | For two years, you put us through hell, Alex! We thought you were dead! | 两年了 你让我们生不如死 亚历克斯 我们以为你死了 |
[31:16] | Why couldn’t you talk to me about what you’re going through? | 你为什么不和我说说你的经历? |
[31:19] | I needed a new life. We’re not all born into the life we’re supposed to have. | 我需要新的生活 并不是每个人生来 就是我们设想的样子 |
[31:23] | Well, we all got new lives… | 是啊 |
[31:25] | …full of grief and rehab. | 我们都获得了新生 充满忧伤和复苏的新生 |
[31:27] | I never thought I’d see any of you again! | 我从没想过会再见你们 |
[31:29] | Then Fey died, and I had a chance to get back at Dad. | 接下来菲死了 我意识到我有机会重新回到老爸身边 |
[31:32] | Get back at Dad for what? | 回来? 回到老爸身边为了什么? |
[31:35] | – Worshipping you too much? – He wasn’t worshipping! | -宠爱你? -他过去并没有宠爱过我 |
[31:38] | Oh, come on, Alex. | 得了吧 亚历克斯 |
[31:40] | You were the golden child. Dad did everything with you. | 你曾是老爸的最爱 老爸每件事都和你一起做 |
[31:43] | Boy Scouts, football games… | 童子军 橄榄球赛 |
[31:46] | Daniel, he figured it out. | 丹尼尔 他那个时候 就发现我不对劲了 |
[31:50] | He hoped tossing a ball around would change things. | 他希望玩橄榄球能改变我的想法 |
[31:53] | When I told him I was gonna do this… | -当我最终跟他说我要”改变”的时候… |
[31:55] | You actually told him? | -你真的告诉他了? |
[31:58] | He said if I went through with the surgery, I’d lose everything. | 他说如果我真的去做手术 我就会失去拥有的一切… |
[32:02] | The company, the money… | 公司 |
[32:05] | …our family. | 钞票 家庭 |
[32:07] | And then, just to make sure I got the message loud and clear… | 接着为了确保 我听明白了他的意思… |
[32:14] | …he said he’d rather I were dead. | 他说他宁愿我去见上帝 |
[32:19] | – Why didn’t you tell me? – Because you’re just like Dad. | 你为什么不告诉我? 因为你和老爸 是一个模子作出来的 |
[32:25] | I didn’t want to be rejected twice. | 我不希望被否决两次 |
[32:31] | This isn’t nearly as fun as it used to be. | 这完全没以前那么有趣了 |
[32:42] | I guess this was a mistake. | 我想这是个错误的决定 |
[33:04] | How could he say I’m like my father? | 他怎么能说我像我父亲呢? |
[33:07] | I am nothing like my father. | 我和老爸一点都不像 |
[33:10] | It’s been a long time. | 过了很久了 |
[33:11] | People change. Maybe he just doesn’t know who you are anymore. | 人都会改变 也许他只是不了解现在的你 |
[33:15] | – I would have been there for him. – Of course. | 我也许会支持他的 |
[33:18] | He’s your bigger brother… kind of. | 你当然会 他是你大哥…从某种意义上说 |
[33:20] | And it’s not too late to prove to her | 现在证明你是支持他…她… |
[33:23] | that you’re going to be there for him… her. | 并不算晚 |
[33:26] | Can we pick a pronoun and stick to it, please? | 我们能不能干脆给亚历克斯取个代用名 |
[33:36] | Oh, God. | 然后一直用它 |
[33:38] | Guess he’s still waiting for that lunch. | 我猜他还在等着那顿午餐呢 |
[33:41] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[33:44] | We went to Coney Island and forgot hot dogs. We should go back. | 你知道吗? 我们去了科尼岛 但我们忘记买热狗了 |
[33:47] | Betty, trust me, | 我想我们该回去 贝蒂 |
[33:50] | it’s a lot harder avoiding people than facing them. | 相信我 逃避比面对更难 |
[33:56] | Yeah. | 你说的对 |
[34:07] | Hey. | |
[34:10] | I’m sorry I’m late. | 很抱歉这么晚 |
[34:13] | I know most of our conversations seem to start like that lately. | 我知道最近我们之间大部分谈话 都这样开始… |
[34:17] | Or… | 或者是”对不起 |
[34:19] | …”sorry I can’t make it,” or… | 我不能去” 或者… |
[34:22] | – …”sorry I snapped at you again…” – It’s OK. | -“对不起 我又对你大喊大叫了” 又或者是… -没关系的 |
[34:25] | No. | 不 |
[34:27] | Walter, it’s not OK. | 沃尔特 这有关系 |
[34:31] | Look, Walter, you’ve… | 沃尔特 |
[34:34] | …meant so much to me. | 你对我太重要了 |
[34:37] | I don’t know how to tell you how much you’ve meant to me, but… | 我都不知道怎么对你说 你对我有多重要 可最近… |
[34:47] | What was that? | 这代表什么? |
[34:51] | I wanted one last kiss before we ended this. | 我只想在结束之前再吻你一次 |
[34:56] | I’m not stupid. I’ve known for a while where this was going. | 我不傻 我早就知道会有什么样的结果了 |
[35:00] | I guess I just kept hoping that… | 我猜我… 只是仍然希望… |
[35:07] | – I’m so sorry. – I took the job in Maryland. | 真的很抱歉 我接受了马里兰的工作 |
[35:12] | I’m gonna miss you. | 我会想你的 |
[35:16] | I know you won’t believe me… | 我知道你可能并不相信 |
[35:19] | …but I’m really gonna miss you, too. | 但我真的也会想你的 |
[36:04] | – Hey, Henry! – Oh, my God. | 亨利 |
[36:09] | What are you doing here? | 你来这干嘛? |
[36:25] | Good morning, Aunt Betty. | 早上好 贝蒂阿姨 |
[36:29] | Mom? | 老妈? |
[36:31] | – Come on, I’m driving you to school. – Looking like that? | 走吧 我送你去学校 穿成那个样子? |
[36:34] | What? I’m trying something new. | 说什么呢? 我在尝试些新东西 |
[36:36] | I think it’s cute in a… | 我想看起来会可爱些 穿成… |
[36:38] | – …I-have-no-social-life kind of way. – It’s hideous. And so not you. | “我不擅交际”的样子 好丑 不像你的风格 |
[36:42] | Hey, I’m supposed to be a “mom.” | 我在尝试做一个母亲 |
[36:44] | You are a mom! | 你是一个母亲… |
[36:46] | The mom that always tells me to be who I am and not care what other people think! | 而且你总是告诉我要做自己 而不去在意别人会怎么看你 |
[36:50] | Don’t you have to do that, too? | 你还有必要穿成这个样子吗? |
[36:54] | So, you really don’t care how I dress? | 那你真的不在乎我穿成什么样子? |
[36:57] | Well, I’m not crazy about the animal prints, | 我对你的穿着暴露并不发疯 |
[37:00] | you’re a little over-accessorized, | 但你有点过头了 |
[37:02] | but you have your own style. | 可这就是你的风格 |
[37:04] | It’s cool. | 很酷 |
[37:08] | Well, God bless you, because this was beginning to itch. | 上帝保佑 因为开始有些痒了 |
[37:12] | All right, but to drive you to school, I’ll wear a jacket. | 好的 但开车送你去学校之前 我要穿件夹克 |
[37:15] | Fine, just as long as I get to pick it. | 等我去取衣服 |
[37:31] | Morning. I need you to take my credit card over to my mom at the Four Seasons. | 早上好 贝蒂 把这张信用卡拿给我老妈 她在四季旅馆 |
[37:35] | Apparently she went overboard yesterday, wore out the magnetic strip. | 很显然她昨天有点疯狂过头了… 把卡都刷爆了 |
[37:39] | – Do you want me to go now? – Be a good idea. | 你让我现在就去吗? 好主意 |
[37:41] | – She’s buying breakfast with bracelets. – I’ll go right now. | 她正试图用手镯买早点 |
[37:49] | – Hey. – Hi! | 马上就去 |
[37:50] | – I have the Wicked tickets. – Oh, my God. Henry, | 我拿到了《暗夜危情》的票 |
[37:53] | you have no idea how excited I am. | 亨利你一定不知道 我有多兴奋 |
[37:55] | I’m driving my family crazy singing the songs, except Justin. | 我唱这些歌都快把家里人逼疯了 除了贾斯廷以外 |
[37:58] | He’s happy to have somebody to sing the duets with. | 他很高兴能有人和他一起二重唱 |
[38:01] | You gave me both of them. | 你把两张都给我了 |
[38:03] | Listen… last night, a friend from home showed up. | 听我说 昨晚我老家的 一个朋友突然来了… |
[38:08] | My ex-girlfriend. | 我的前女友 |
[38:10] | Look, Betty… | 贝蒂… |
[38:13] | …I went back for Christmas, | 我圣诞节回去了一趟 |
[38:15] | we saw each other, | 我们见面了 |
[38:17] | and it kind of started to feel like old times. | 并且… 感觉好像又回到了过去的日子 |
[38:22] | She came here to try and make it work. | 她来的目的是希望能 与我重归于好 |
[38:25] | And, you’re with Walter. | 而且你现在和沃尔特在一起 |
[38:30] | Wow. That’s… Wow. Um… | 那是… |
[38:36] | So, you and Walter can go to the show. | 你和沃尔特可以一起去 |
[38:41] | – Have fun. – Yeah. Yeah, we will. | -玩得开心点 -好的 好的 我们会的 |
[39:09] | Not our finest moment. | 不是我们的最佳时刻 |
[39:12] | Probably won’t be in the Meade family Christmas card. | 也许不会出现在 米德家族的圣诞贺卡上 |
[39:18] | So… where do we stand? | 那么…我们该从哪着手? |
[39:22] | Look… | |
[39:24] | …no matter how this turns out, this is still a family company. | 不管发生什么 这始终都是一个家族产业 |
[39:30] | Maybe it wouldn’t kill us to try and work together. | 也许我们应该试着合作 |
[39:44] | I’m up for it. | 我同意… |
[39:47] | As long as you stop staring at my boobs. | 只要你别盯着我的胸看 |
[39:50] | I’m actually staring at your Adam’s apple. | 我是在看你的喉结 |
[39:54] | It’s nice work. | 手术很完美 |
[40:11] | What show is this? | 这是什么节目? |
[40:14] | It’s called Wilhelmina Got Screwed. | 名字叫做”威廉敏娜被耍了” |
[40:17] | Oh. | |
[40:26] | You’re not room service. | 不是客房服务 |
[40:27] | No, but Daniel asked me to bring you this credit card. | 不 |
[40:31] | Oh, he’s a good boy. | 是丹尼尔让我给你送信用卡 他真是个好孩子 |
[40:36] | Wait… | 等等… |
[40:41] | …he’s the one who’s still a boy, right? | 他仍然是个男孩对吗? |
[40:44] | Mm-hmm. | |
[40:45] | Would you like a Bloody Mary? | 来点”血玛莉”(鸡尾酒)? |
[40:48] | – No, it’s 10:00 in the morning. – You’re right. | 不用了 现在是上午十点 对 |
[40:52] | I should move on to martinis. | 我应该换成马蒂尼(鸡尾酒)了 |
[40:56] | So, why are you staying in a hotel room? | 你为什么要住旅馆呢? |
[41:01] | My house is empty. | 我的房子空荡荡的 |
[41:04] | A house is not supposed to be empty. | 它本不该是空的 |
[41:08] | Well, that’s just temporary, right? | 只是暂时的不是吗? |
[41:10] | I mean, your husband will be out soon. | 我是说 你的丈夫很快会出来的 |
[41:13] | Maybe. Maybe not. | 也许是 也许不是 |
[41:18] | Mr. Meade is not a murderer. | 米德先生不是杀人犯 |
[41:19] | – I know. – Good. | 我知道 很好 |
[41:23] | I know… | 我知道… |
[41:25] | …because I know who killed Fey Sommers. | 因为我知道谁杀了菲·索莫斯… |
[41:30] | And it wasn’t Bradford. | 而那个人不是布拉德福 |
[41:36] | It was me. | 是我 |