时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Previously on Ugly Betty: | “丑女贝蒂”前情回顾 … |
[00:03] | – Why are you stalking me? – Excuse me? I am not stalking you. | 你为什么缠着我? 什么? 我可没有缠着你 |
[00:07] | I am monitoring an illegal immigrant who is a flight risk. | 我正在监视一个 到处乱跑的非法移民 |
[00:11] | – What is this? – A tracking device. | 这是什么呀? 追踪器 |
[00:14] | I’m not one of your flying monkeys. | 我可不听你使唤 Wilhelmina (Flying Monkey “绿野仙踪”里的一种生物) |
[00:16] | Don’t cross me, sweetheart, because you’ll lose. | 别跟我作对 亲爱的 不然你会输得很惨 |
[00:20] | You’re here because of me, because of what I did. | 你在这里都是因为我 因为我的所作所为 |
[00:23] | I’m turning myself in. | 我要去自首 |
[00:25] | Listen to me, Wilhelmina. You are not getting your hands on this company. | 你听我说 Wilhelmina 你不要妄想染指这家公司 |
[00:29] | The only person running this magazine will be a Meade. | 只有Meade家的人能运营这杂志 |
[00:34] | – Alex won. – I’m sorry. | – Alex赢了 – 我很难过 |
[00:37] | If Alex wants to take over, let him. | 如果Alex想要掌权的话 那就给他吧 |
[00:39] | I’ve got lots of partying to catch up on. | 我有好多派对要赶着去参加呢 |
[00:50] | Good morning, Amanda. | 早上好 Amanda |
[00:52] | Oh, hey, Betty. I was just thinking about you. | 噢 嘿Betty 我刚刚还想到你呢 |
[00:55] | Really? | 真的吗? |
[00:58] | That’s nice. | 嗯 那真好 |
[00:59] | Wow, they’re even bigger than I remember. | 哇 (眉毛)比我记忆中的粗多了 |
[01:07] | Daniel Meade’s office. | 这里是Daniel Meade的办公室 |
[01:09] | Oh, no, I’m sorry, he’s not here right now. He’s in a breakfast meeting. | 噢 对不起 他现在不在 他在 呃 正在开早餐会议 |
[01:16] | Daniel Meade’s office. | 这里是Daniel Meade的办公室 |
[01:18] | Oh, no, I’m sorry, he’s all tied up. | 噢 不 呃 实在抱歉 他现在忙得 脱不开身(被绑住了) |
[01:23] | Daniel, it’s me. You got to get over here. | Daniel 是我 |
[01:26] | Alexis is totally taking over. | 你必须得过来 Alexis正在接管一切 |
[01:28] | If you’re there, pick up, please. | 你要是在听 请接电话 |
[01:31] | All right, I guess you’re out! | 好吧 看来你是真不在 |
[01:42] | Hi! Can I help you? | 呃 嗨 有什么要帮忙的吗? |
[01:45] | Admiring the inner sanctum of the feckless prince. | 我只是来瞻仰一下 无能王子的圣殿(办公室) |
[01:48] | As the empire dissolves, even the cushion on the bone-white chaise | 一旦他的帝国崩溃 就连乳白色躺椅上的靠垫 |
[01:53] | sags with defeat. | 也因失败而显出疲色 |
[01:55] | Wait a minute. I know that hat. You’re Quincy Combs. | 等一下 我认识那个帽子 你是Quincy Combs |
[02:00] | – Writing that book about the Meades. – It’s a critic too. | 那本关于Meades家的 哗众取宠的书就是你写的 噢 我也是个评论家 |
[02:03] | Tell me, would this blind item about a certain magazine editor seen humping | 告诉我 关于某杂志的编辑被人撞见 在彼得潘雕像下做爱的那篇匿名文章- |
[02:09] | – under the Peter Pan statue… – It wasn’t him! | (此雕像位于肯辛顿公园) 那不是他! 你该走了 |
[02:11] | – Time for you to go. – Oh, my, you are feisty. | – 哦 天哪 |
[02:15] | – And I bite too! – Do not underestimate me. | 你火气真大(像小狗) – 我还会咬人呢 你可别小看我 |
[02:18] | You may guard the gates, | 也许你是看门的猛兽 |
[02:20] | but I’ve taken down kings, presidents, the electric car. | 但我曾经扳倒过国王 总统 电动车 (电动车是石油大亨的死敌 参见相关记录片) |
[02:23] | Daniel Meade does not stand a chance against me! | Daniel Meade 绝对没有一丝机会 能和我对抗 |
[02:28] | Go. | 快走! |
[02:31] | Higher. | 再收高点儿 |
[02:34] | I said higher. | 我说再高点儿 |
[02:35] | – I’ll be giving you a pelvic exam. – Just pin it. | 再高我都能给你做盆腔检查了 |
[02:38] | Ooh! Well, fill my bucket with nothing but thighs. | 照我说的做 哦 我的全家桶里只要鸡腿(KFC) (双关语– 让我的裙子包紧大腿吧) |
[02:42] | Relax, colonel, we all know you prefer nuggets. | 放轻松 上校 我们知道你更喜欢上校鸡块 (双关语– 我们知道你更喜欢猛男) |
[02:45] | That’ll be chicken ruined for me. I’ll get you shoes. | 呃 鸡肉都吃腻了(那我可不敢恭维) 我去拿鞋 |
[02:47] | Bradford won’t be able to keep his hands off you. | Bradford Meade一定会 对你爱不释手的 |
[02:50] | – The idea. – Six months, | 那就是我要的效果 |
[02:52] | you’ll be running Meade Publications. A year, a Latin American country. | 6个月之内 Meade出版社就会由你掌控 |
[02:56] | These should work. | 一年之内 就能建立起 一个小小拉美裔王国 |
[02:57] | You got invited to Prague! | 给你 这双应该配得上 你受到邀请要去“布拉格”? |
[03:01] | I would kill to go to this club. How did C get on the A list? | 噢 我想去这家俱乐部都想疯了 “C”等人怎么会成为“A”等人物? (Christina的名字也是“C”打头) |
[03:05] | I guess when you’re one of the “Top 10 Designers to Watch,” | 呃 我猜 当你成为 十大著名设计师之一时 |
[03:09] | people in this city want to get to know you. | 人们当然都想认识你 |
[03:12] | You have a hard time saying “thank you”? | 说声“谢谢”就那么难 是吗? |
[03:14] | – Not when I mean it, no. – Listen, McMartyr, | – 我要是真想谢谁 当然不难 – 听着 小Mc硬嘴巴(Christina的姓以Mc开头) |
[03:16] | you knew what you were getting into, | 你很清楚自己面临着什么状况 |
[03:19] | so spare me the conscience and enjoy the spotlight. | 所以你就给我讲点良心 好好享受成名的光环吧 |
[03:22] | Because it can all go away. Just like that. | 因为那些都是转瞬即逝的… 就像这样 |
[03:32] | Hold still, Nacho. | 别动 Nacho |
[03:35] | Ooh… Looks like somebody’s got a little boo-boo. | 噢 看起来好像是有点擦伤了 |
[03:39] | – I tried wearing it under my socks. – My idea. It was ruining his pant line. | 我试图把它套到袜子里面 我的主意 不然会弄弯他的裤线 |
[03:47] | Good news, I’m free. Bad news, I got to take out the garbage. | 好消息是我自由了 坏消息是我还要去倒垃圾 |
[03:50] | I’m sorry, Nacho. I was just doing my job. | 不好意思 Nacho 我只是做我该做的 |
[03:53] | I didn’t realize it included torturing me. | 我没想到你的工作 也包括折磨我 |
[03:55] | I thought you were a flight risk. I was doing it for your own good. | 我以为你要逃走 我这么做都是为你好 |
[03:59] | I will go the extra mile to make sure my clients | 从现在起我还老是得多花心思 来确认我的当事人 |
[04:02] | – become citizens of the U.S. of A. – Is she gonna give us another flag? | 还在美国境内 她准备给我们发一面大旗吗? |
[04:06] | When do I get to meet my lawyer? My court date’s a month away. | 我什么时候才能见我的律师? 还有一个月就开庭了 |
[04:10] | – You haven’t heard from him yet? – No. | – 他还没有联系你? – 没有 |
[04:13] | I’ll call Jerry to see if he can swing by my place, so you can meet him. | 我会给Jerry 打电话 看他今晚 能不能来我家 这样你就能见他了 |
[04:17] | Your place? | 你家? |
[04:19] | Look, Constance, I just… feel better if… | 呃 你看 呃 Constance 我- 我… |
[04:23] | If what? You don’t trust me? | – 觉得最好是- – 最好什么? 你不相信我? |
[04:25] | – Of course I trust you. – Listen, Ignacio. | 我当然相信你 听着 |
[04:28] | I admit, I had a thing for you. I don’t go blonde for just anyone. | Ignacio 我承认我对你有好感 |
[04:33] | But that’s over. | 我从没为了什么人改变过形象 但那都是过去了 |
[04:35] | Here’s my address. Make sure you bring some flowers. | 这是我的地址 记得带上花啊 开玩笑的 |
[04:40] | It’s a joke! You must think you’re the only chip in the bag. | 亲爱的 你还真以为 我要在一棵树上吊死呢? |
[04:45] | – Bye, Hilda. – Bye, Constance. | – 再见 Hilda – 再见 Constance |
[04:48] | I love her. | 我超喜欢她 |
[04:50] | OK, there is no way you are going to her house. | 好吧 你绝对不能去她家 |
[04:53] | Hilda, I need to meet the lawyer. | Hilda 我需要见律师 |
[04:55] | In an office, with fluorescent lights and witnesses. | 是啊 那就光明正大地到办公室去 |
[04:58] | I’m not making any waves. I’m too close to getting my green card. | 我不会再挑事端的 我离拿到绿卡只有一小步了 |
[05:02] | – Papi! – Hilda, I can handle my own affairs. | – 爸爸! – Hilda! 我能搞定自己的事情 |
[05:11] | Daniel, where have you been? It’s almost two. | Daniel 你去哪儿了? 都快2点了 |
[05:14] | Already? Whoa. Got any messages for me? | 是吗? 哦哦! 有我的留言吗? |
[05:17] | Yes, Becks called to say, | 有啊 Becks打来电话说 |
[05:19] | “Congratulations on getting into Tabitha’s gift bag.” | “祝贺攻入Tabitha的本垒” |
[05:22] | Ew. I just got that. Have you by any chance taken a look at Page Six today? | 唷 我才想起来 不知道你有没有看过今天第6版? |
[05:28] | That’s the Peter Pan statue. I thought it was some creepy kid watching us. | 那是彼得潘的雕像 我还以为看我们的 是些讨厌的小鬼呢 |
[05:32] | Daniel, there are people following you. | Daniel 有人在跟踪你 |
[05:34] | Just earlier today, I caught Quincy Combs snooping in your office. | 今天一早 我抓到Quincy Combs 在你的办公室里偷看 |
[05:38] | – Quincy Combs? Rapper? – No, celebrity trasher. | – Quincy Combs? 说唱歌手? – 不 名人杀手 |
[05:41] | He’s the guy who wrote those books on Kathie Lee, Kobe, Whoopi… | 那些关于Kathie Lee(歌手) 科比.布莱恩特 Whoopi的书都是他写的 |
[05:46] | – Whoopi? What did she do? – It’s not out yet, | Whoopi? 她怎么了? (乌比.戈德堡曾主演“修女也疯狂”) 消息还没发表 不过很显然 料绝对猛 Meades家就是下一个 他想毁掉你的家庭 有点晚了吧 嗯? |
[05:48] | but apparently, it’s shocking. The Meades are next. | |
[05:52] | – He wants to destroy your family. – A little late for that. | |
[05:55] | Not for you! Open up. | 你还不晚 张开嘴 |
[05:59] | Daniel, if he finds out just how out of control you’ve gotten, | Daniel 如果他发现 你是个什么状况 |
[06:04] | you’re gonna be the first five chapters of that book. | 那本书的前五章就都是你的了 |
[06:07] | – Won’t be my first time. – Things are different. | – 我又不是第一次被人乱写 – 现在状况不同了 |
[06:10] | You’ve earned some respect in this business. | 你在这个圈子里已经赢得了不少声誉 |
[06:13] | – Betty, you worry too much. – Well, somebody has to worry! | Betty 你杞人忧天了 |
[06:16] | You are never here. | 是啊 总得有人操心吧! 你都不在这里! |
[06:17] | I’m sure Alexis is handling everything just fine. | 我确信Alexis能把一切处理好的 |
[06:20] | So that’s it. You’re just gonna hand everything over to her. | 哦 是吗 就这样吗? 你准备把所有事情都交给她? |
[06:23] | You’ve worked so hard for the last six months. | 过去6个月里你那么努力的工作 |
[06:25] | Yeah, and it was taken away from me in a minute. Don’t you get it? | 没错 但把那些从我身边夺走 却只用花上一分钟 你还不明白吗? |
[06:30] | I’m being exactly the way my family expects me to be. You know what? | 我现在就是我的家人 所希望看到的状况 |
[06:35] | I’m having a blast. | 你知道吗? 我玩得开心极了 |
[06:38] | I’m actually good at this. | 我还真很擅长这个呢 |
[06:42] | Those aren’t my shoes. | 这不是我的鞋 (双关语– ALEX做的那些不是我擅长的) – 4点钟有模特要来 – 好极了 女模特 是吗? |
[06:43] | You have models coming in at 4:00. | |
[06:46] | Nice. Girl models, though, right? | |
[06:50] | I’ll be there. | 我会到的 |
[06:53] | – Is that a problem, Dick? – It’s Nick. | – 有问题吗 Dick(有JJ的意思)? – 是Nick |
[06:56] | When I give a message to Alexis, the person needs a last name. Get it? | 要是有人给Alexis留言 务必要留下那人的姓氏 记住了? |
[07:00] | And what if Madonna calls? | 嗯-嗯 要是麦当娜打来的呢? |
[07:02] | Ciccone, Penn, Ritchie, pick one. | 那就Ciccone(本姓) Penn(前夫姓) Ritchie(现在的夫姓)- 随便选一个 |
[07:06] | Snap! She read you. | 反应真快! 她看透你了 |
[07:08] | Why didn’t anyone tell me Alexis needed an assistant? | 为什么没人告诉我Alexis 需要一名助手? |
[07:12] | I left Daniel’s because I thought I had a shot at moving up. | 我离开Daniel 是因为我觉得 我有机会往上爬 |
[07:15] | – You got a new headset. – I’m talking! | 你得到了新耳麦啊 |
[07:17] | I want a career I can be proud of, | 我还没说完呢 我追求的是那种能让我自豪的职业 |
[07:19] | and a door I can close when I want to take a nap. | 在我想小睡一下的时候 有扇门可以让我关上 |
[07:22] | It’s not too late. | 还不算太晚 |
[07:23] | Hasn’t been here long enough for us to figure why we hate him. | 他来这里的时间还不足以让 我们弄清我们为什么不喜欢他 |
[07:27] | because he’s a suck-up. And he won’t sleep with me. | 我知道为什么 因为他是个马屁精… 而且还看不上我(不肯跟我上床) |
[07:31] | Me neither. | 我也是 |
[07:33] | Mandy, if you want Alexis to see you as a contender, | 亲爱的 如果你想让Alexis 觉得你有实力的话 |
[07:36] | be here 24I7, and be willing to do ridiculous | 你得1周7天24小时随时候命 |
[07:38] | and demoralizing things for somebody who’s too lazy to… | 准备好做一些荒谬不可理喻的事情 帮那些懒得出奇的家伙们- |
[07:42] | Hello, Willy! Lick that for you? | 你好啊 Willie 要我帮你舔吗? (舔信封口以便封上信封) |
[07:49] | Quincy Combs? How did that snake get in here? | 那个乱倒墨水的骗子是怎么进来的? |
[07:52] | There was a gag order against him. | 我还以为他现在被言论钳制了呢 |
[07:54] | There should be. A red hat with his skin tone? I’m gagging. | 应该是的 红帽子配上他那肤色? 我无话可说了 |
[07:57] | Alexis is meeting with him. | Alexis要见他 |
[08:01] | Let’s put it this way: | 这么说吧- |
[08:02] | If my father were drowning, I would pull up a lawn chair and watch. | 如果我父亲溺水了 我会搬张躺椅坐看好戏 |
[08:07] | – My, such candor. – Why not? | – 天啊 真坦率 – 为什么不呢? |
[08:10] | You’re writing a trashy book and I’m dying to trash him. | 你要写你的垃圾书 我也迫不及待想整死他 |
[08:14] | My father told me I was dead to him. | 我父亲说了 对他来说我已经死了 |
[08:16] | He tormented my mother by flaunting his affair. | 他到处炫耀他和Fey之间 的那点丑事 让我母亲难堪 |
[08:19] | Flaunted? Fey’s diaries made it sound so discreet. | 炫耀? 照Fey的日记看来 说是炫耀还真是太客气了 |
[08:22] | Diaries? Who gave you her diaries? | 日记? 她的日记是谁给你的? |
[08:25] | Fey’s maid and I go back a long way. | Fey的女佣 好久之前了 |
[08:28] | Is there anything about my mother in them? | 日记里有没有提到我母亲? |
[08:31] | Oh, yes. When Fey writes about your mother, | 哦 有啊 当Fey写到你母亲的时候 |
[08:34] | her pen drips with more venom than a cobra squaring off with a mongoose. | 她那笔下就如流淌着的毒液 甚至超过那对峙着的眼镜蛇和猫鼬 |
[08:38] | – Just get to the point. – She thought she was a bitch. | – 说重点 – 她觉得她是个贱人 |
[08:41] | I have been meeting with my mother’s lawyers, trying to build a defense. | Combs先生 我已经 |
[08:45] | If there’s anything that could… | 和我母亲的律师见过了 我们准备辩护 如果日记中有什么会- |
[08:47] | Nothing I’ve read could spring your mama from the big house. | 我没看到什么信息 可以让你妈妈免受牢狱之灾 |
[08:50] | However, the diaries for the last six months of her life are unaccounted for. | 但是 她生命里最后6个月的日记 |
[08:55] | – Might be something in there. – Then I need them. | 下落不明 也许那里面有什么信息 我需要那些日记 |
[08:58] | Unfortunately, nobody knows where they are. | 很不幸 没人知道它们的下落 |
[09:00] | I suspect they may be locked up in Fey’s secret room. | 我怀疑它们被锁在了Fey的秘室里 |
[09:05] | – What are you talking about? – Your father and Ms. Sommers | 你说什么? 很显然 你父亲和Sommers女士… |
[09:10] | had daily trysts right here in the Mode office. | 每天都有幽会… 就在这里 “时尚”的办公室 |
[09:15] | Fey refers to it as their “love dungeon.” | Fey称之为… “爱情地牢” |
[09:34] | Can I get you girls some coffee? | 要来点咖啡吗? |
[09:36] | Ahem. Sorry for the interruption, but you have a circulation meeting. | 咳咳 不好意思打扰一下 下午5点有一个杂志销量会议 |
[09:42] | Something wrong with your circulation? | 你们的销量出什么问题了吗? |
[09:45] | Do you need me to rub something? | 需要我帮什么忙吗? |
[09:49] | My sister can cover for me. | 我姐姐会帮我搞定的 |
[09:53] | Thanks. | |
[09:55] | My sister covers for me all the time. | 我姐姐也总是帮我收拾烂摊子 |
[09:59] | – So you two do everything together? – We have to. | 你们两个总是一起行事? |
[10:02] | This is our first trip to New York, | 必须这样 这是我们第一次来纽约 |
[10:05] | and I promised our mama I would keep an eye on this one. | 我答应妈妈要看好她 |
[10:08] | Like I’m going to rip off my clothes and jump into a fountain. | 就像我随时准备脱掉衣服 跳进喷水池似的 |
[10:13] | So you do have plans for tonight. | 那就是说你们今晚已经有计划了 |
[10:15] | That depends on you. | 那就要看你了 |
[10:20] | You can’t follow him around with a stun gun, love. | 你不能老是跟个保镖似的 跟在他周围 亲爱的 |
[10:23] | I’m supposed to sit and watch a friend fall apart? | 那么我是应该坐在一边 看着我的朋友就这么堕落下去? |
[10:26] | He’s not a friend. He is your boss. | 他不是你朋友 他是你老板 |
[10:29] | He’s both. I mean… | 都是 我是说- |
[10:31] | Don’t cross that line. This building is not the place to look for friends. | 呃 嘿 可别做过头了 这座大楼可不是个找朋友的好地方 |
[10:35] | You don’t want to get in with these people. Trust me. | 你不会想和这些人深交的 |
[10:38] | Everyone around here has got a hidden agenda. | 相信我 每个人都有不可告人的目的 |
[10:40] | Not Daniel. And he needs me right now. He’s acting out to punish his family. | 嗯 Daniel可没有 他现在需要我 他这样做 不过是为了让家人难过 |
[10:45] | He hasn’t changed his socks since Tuesday. | 你知道吗? 从星期二开始他就没换过袜子 |
[10:47] | His socks? Next, you’ll be packing his lunch for him. | 他的袜子? 下次你就要给他准备午餐了 |
[10:51] | Oh, Betty! You didn’t? | 噢 Betty 你不是吧? |
[10:53] | Well, he can’t drink like that on an empty stomach. | 他不能空腹喝那么多 |
[10:56] | Since Henry got back with his girlfriend, | 自从Henry跟他女朋友和好了 |
[10:58] | you’re obsessed with taking care of Daniel. | 你就开始有某种 想要照顾Daniel的情结 |
[11:01] | That’s crazy. | 瞎说 |
[11:02] | When was the last time you had a Meade-free night? | 上一个没和Meade纠缠不清的夜晚 是多久前了? |
[11:05] | I just went on that date with my orthodontist. | 哦 我跟我的整牙医生去了那个派对 |
[11:07] | And we spent the entire night with Daniel’s mother. | 然后我们整晚 都和Daniel的妈妈在一起 |
[11:10] | – And last Friday? – I had Marc over for dinner. | 那上周五呢? 我叫Marc到我家吃晚餐 |
[11:13] | I left and ran off to the printer… with Daniel. | 我跑出去… 赶往印刷厂… 跟Daniel一起 |
[11:19] | Oh, my God. You’re right! | 哦 上帝 你说得没错 |
[11:23] | My whole life is Daniel. What do I do? | 我的世界里全都是Daniel 我该怎么办? |
[11:26] | You can start by leaving this building at a decent hour. | 你可以先从按时下班开始 |
[11:30] | Up for a bit of fun in the city? | 想在这座城市中寻找快乐吗? 是的 |
[11:31] | Yes. Yes! Right now! | 是的! 现在就要 |
[11:35] | Promise you won’t think about this place the whole night. | 现在 你要向我保证 整个晚上都不要想起这个地方 |
[11:38] | I promise. No Daniel. | 我保证 不想Daniel |
[11:40] | OK, am I dressed right for the club? | 好 去俱乐部穿这身合适吗? |
[11:43] | Sure, if you’re auditing them. | 当然… |
[12:08] | Ta-da! | 要是你是去查他们帐的话 |
[12:28] | Oh, look, Scary Bradshaw and a side of potatoes. | 哦 瞧啊可怜兮兮的Bradshaw 加上一只土豆(Bradshaw– 欲望都市主角) |
[12:31] | Guess what, Amanda? Betty wears the same size shoe as you. | 知道吗? |
[12:38] | – Becks! – Where’s everybody going? | Amanda Betty跟你穿同一号的鞋子 |
[12:40] | – I didn’t miss the party? – There’s no party. | 人都去哪里了? 我没错过派对 是吗? 哦 不 没什么派对 |
[12:42] | – Daniel’s in a meeting with two models. – Add Becks, you get a party. | Daniel跟两个模特在开会而已 哦 加上Becks 就是个派对了 |
[12:48] | – I forgot to tell Daniel one thing. – No! | 哦 嗯… |
[12:54] | Uh-uh! | 要知道 我忘记跟Daniel讲一件事情了– 不! |
[13:12] | – Where do they keep the menus? – Do I look like I eat? | – 他们把菜单都放哪儿了? – 呃 我看上去是会吃饭的人吗? |
[13:16] | Some of us do and have to work late. You would understand | 总有人要吃的 他们要加班 |
[13:19] | if you had something to do besides putting on lipstick. | 要是你除了涂口红之外 还有别的事情要做 你就会明白 |
[13:22] | Some of us should look into powdering their brown-nose. | 哦 咱们中有人得学学溜须拍马 |
[13:25] | I don’t keep menus here. Try the kitchen. | 我这里不留菜单的 去厨房问问 |
[13:33] | Sorry to bother you. | 很抱歉打扰了 |
[13:36] | – I thought you might be hungry. – I think Nick’s… | – 我想你可能饿了 – 我想Nick已经- |
[13:39] | Oh, he’s in the kitchen making his own dinner. | 哦 他在厨房 给自己弄吃的呢 |
[13:41] | You know, Nick, always looking out for number one. | 你也知道Nick 他总是先为自己着想 |
[13:56] | That was amazing. They pulled the rope back for you! | 真是太棒了 你不过报上名字 |
[14:00] | – You’re a celebrity. – No, I’m not. | 他们就收掉绳子 放你进来了 你是个名人耶! |
[14:01] | You are. Enjoy it. I’m with Christina McKinney. | 不 我才不是呢 是的 你就是 享受吧 我是跟Christina Mckinney一起的 |
[14:04] | – Will you stop saying that. – Why can’t you have any fun? | Betty 别这么说了 好吗? 你怎么就不能好好享受这一切呢? |
[14:07] | – You worked so hard. – I don’t know, I’m just… | 你为此付出了那么多努力 我不知道 我只是… 我- |
[14:10] | I’m Scottish, we’re humble people who like to drink. What do you want? | 我是苏格兰人 我们是卑微谦逊的人种 喜欢喝东西 你想要什么? |
[14:14] | Try a Dirty Girl Scout. | 试试“坏坏女童子军” |
[14:16] | – Is this that kind of a club? – No, it’s a cocktail. | 哦… 这里是那种俱乐部吗? 不 那只是鸡尾酒的名字 |
[14:19] | – I’ll be back in a minute. – Hi, I’m Lois. | 亲爱的 我马上回来 嗨 我是Lois |
[14:24] | This is fun, being at a club. | 真好玩啊 来俱乐部 |
[14:27] | I don’t do this a lot. But I’m gonna start. | 我不经常来 但我以后会常来的 |
[14:30] | I’m gonna start doing a lot of things. My job is not enough. | 我要尝试做很多事情 |
[14:32] | I’m at a place in my life… | 要知道 我热爱我的工作 |
[14:35] | …where I need to be a little selfish. | 但那还不够 我现在所处的境地 需要让我自己自私一点 |
[14:37] | Your eyes are open and you’re snoring. I’ve never seen that before. | 你怎么睁着眼睛打呼噜的 我还… 从没见过这样的人 |
[14:48] | – Hello. – This is Eastern Limo. | – 你好? – 这里是是Eastern豪华轿车事务所 |
[14:50] | – Is this Daniel Meade’s office? – No, this is his assistant. | 是Daniel Meade办公室吗? 不 我是他的助理 需要帮忙吗? 有人打电话叫我们去一个派对接他 但我们找不到他 呃 你知道他现在在哪里吗? |
[14:53] | – Can I help you? – We were called to pick him up | |
[14:56] | at a party, but we can’t find him. Do you know where he currently is? | |
[15:00] | I did make reservations for him at the… the Salt Mine. | 嗯 我确实是有帮他预定 但是是在 呃… |
[15:05] | Salt Mine? Oh, that’s so yesterday. | Salt Mine? 哦 还真是过时 |
[15:08] | Wait a second! Is this Quincy Combs? | 等等! 你是Quincy Combs?! |
[15:12] | Hello? Hello? | 喂? 喂! |
[15:14] | – Shh… shh… – Sorry. Sorry. Whoops… | 抱歉 抱歉 |
[15:18] | What would I like? | 我要什么? |
[15:20] | I’d like you to defend my wife without reducing her to a raving sociopath. | 我要你帮我太太辩护 但别破坏她的形象 把她说成神经错乱的反社会者! |
[15:26] | Should I come back at a better time? | 我是不是应该另寻合适时机再来? |
[15:28] | I’m not sure they’ll be one. | 我可不敢保证有什么好的时机 |
[15:31] | The sales reports. | 销售报表 |
[15:37] | You poor soul. I can’t imagine how difficult this must be for you. | 可怜的人啊 我都不敢想象这对于你来说有多难过 |
[15:42] | Your children only live to embarrass you and your wife takes away Mode, | 你的孩子们生来就是为了让你难堪 而你的太太又抢走了“时尚” |
[15:46] | the most precious jewel in your crown. You must feel so alone. | 你的王冠上最珍贵的一颗宝石 你一定感觉很孤独 |
[15:54] | I just want you to know… you’re not. | 我只想让你知道… 你不是一个人 |
[16:02] | Thanks, Willy. I appreciate it. | 谢谢 Willie 我很感激 |
[16:14] | This just came for you. It looked really important, | 别 这个刚送到 是给你的 看上去很重要的样子 |
[16:18] | and I didn’t want you to have to wait for Nick to get off his personal call. | 我不想让你等到Nick先打完私人电话 再帮你拿进来 |
[16:22] | Thank you, Amanda. | 谢谢你 Amanda |
[16:39] | Daniel, if you get this at the restaurant, | Daniel 要是你还在餐馆的时候 能收到这个信息 |
[16:41] | – go out through the kitchen. – Betty! | 你最好从厨房出去 |
[16:44] | I gotta go. Bye. | 我要挂了 再见 我没在跟他说话 |
[16:46] | We didn’t speak. It was just a message. I’m not working. I’m here to have fun. | 只是留个言而已 我没在工作 我来这里是为了找乐子 |
[16:50] | Woo-hoo! Look, free Jell-O. | 瞧 免费果子冻 |
[16:55] | Oh! They didn’t have this flavor when I was a kid. | 哦! 我小的时候可没这种口味 |
[16:57] | Come on, listen, I just met two blokes at the bar. They are lovely. | 哦 来吧 听着 我刚刚在吧台那边 |
[17:01] | I think I’ve just met your “Mr. Big.” | 碰到了两个小伙子 他们可爱极了 我想我是遇上了你的… “大个”先生 |
[17:06] | – Hi. – Hey. | – 嗨 – 嘿 |
[17:07] | – Hey, you must be Betty. This is Ben. – Hi. | 嘿 你一定是Betty 这是Ben |
[17:10] | Kevin and Ben were at Fashion Week setting up audio equipment. | 哦 Kevin和Ben参加过时装周 他们是负责装配调试音响设备的 |
[17:13] | Did you see Christina’s designs? They were great. | 哦 你们见过Christina的设计了吧? 它们很棒 不是吗? |
[17:16] | New York Magazine says hers were the most impressive. | “纽约”杂志上说 她的作品 是最让人印象深刻的 |
[17:19] | They don’t want to hear about that. I love this song. Let’s dance. | 哦 他们可不想听这个 哦 我喜欢这曲子 哦 咱们跳舞吧 |
[17:23] | Yeah! | 好啊 |
[17:26] | – Come on! Move! – Oh! | – 哦 来吧 – 哦! |
[17:30] | So, did you grow up in the city? | 那么 呃 你是… 在这里长大的吗? |
[17:34] | Michigan. Cheboygan? | 密歇根州 |
[17:36] | Never heard of it? | Cheboygan市 没听说过吗? |
[17:39] | Oh, you know what? Actually, Daniel went to tennis camp there. | 哦 你知道吗? 事实上 Daniel去过那里的网球训练营 |
[17:42] | – He still gets the newsletter. – Who’s Daniel? | 他现在还能收到那里来的最新资讯 |
[17:45] | He’s my… | – Daniel是谁? – 哦他是我的- |
[17:48] | You know what? We’re not talking about him. | 呃 知道吗? 咱们还是别提他了 |
[17:54] | – Do you want to dance? – I can’t dance. | – 想跳舞吗? – 我不会跳舞 |
[17:57] | – We could both try. It might be fun. – OK. | 咱们可以一起试试 应该很好玩的 好吧 |
[18:04] | Oh! Ow! Hey! | 哦 嘿! |
[18:05] | – Sorry. – Hold on there, Turbo. | – 抱歉 – 悠着点 发动机先生 |
[18:07] | My bad. | 是我不好 |
[18:10] | Ow! Hey! Come on, man. | 啊! 嘿 小心点 伙计! |
[18:12] | Maybe we should find a corner with a little bit more space. | 也许咱们该找个角落 地方大点 |
[18:16] | Yeah, me too. | 是啊 没错 |
[18:20] | Yeah, the tequila’s here! | 耶! 咱们来找张桌子 |
[18:29] | Something wrong? | 有问题吗? |
[18:31] | No. You know what? I’ll be right back. | 呃 没事 知道吗? 我去去就来 |
[18:33] | Don’t move. Or move, but maybe not your arms. | 呃 别动 还是动吧 也许别动胳膊比较好 |
[18:49] | – Does this meeting include dinner? – Well, honey, I gotta eat. | 这场会面还包括晚餐吗? 哦 宝贝 |
[18:53] | This tank doesn’t run on empty. Sit down, I’ll bring out the dip. | 我得吃东西啊 坦克可不是空转的哦 先坐吧 我来拿蘸酱 |
[18:59] | – Does Jerry live around here? – Who? | Jerry住得离这里近吗? |
[19:01] | Jerry, my lawyer. | – 谁? – Jerry 我的律师 |
[19:03] | Oh, he lives in Sheepshead Bay, | 哦 呃… 他住在Sheepshead湾 |
[19:06] | but he’s always running late, so… Come on, dig in. | 但他老是迟到的 来吧 试试蘸一下 |
[19:11] | We don’t need him to start our party… meeting. | 咱们开自己的小派对不用等他 –是会面 |
[19:18] | – He patted my hand. – Maybe that’s foreplay. | 他拍了我的手 嗯 也许那是前戏哦 |
[19:21] | In a nursing home. Oh, my God. Have I still got it? | 那是在疗养院! 哦 天哪 我的魅力还在吗? |
[19:27] | You’re totally hot, especially for a woman of your… | 你十分性感 尤其是当一个女人到了你这个– |
[19:30] | …height. | 身高 |
[19:32] | How’d she do it? How did Fey get that old sack in the sack? | 她是怎么做到的? Fey是怎么搞定那死老头子的? |
[19:36] | Maybe something in one of Fey’s diaries can help you. | 也许Fey的日记里写的东西 能帮上你的忙 |
[19:41] | Diaries? What diaries? | 日记? 什么日记? |
[19:44] | Amanda overheard Nick talking to Alexis | 我是听Amanda说的 她无意中听到了Nick跟Alexis在讨论 |
[19:46] | about a meeting that she had with Quincy. Fey kept diaries. | 她跟Quincy见面的事情 Fey有写日记 |
[19:50] | Get that fruity pebble on the phone. | 帮我接通那个老玻璃 |
[19:53] | I need to know what’s in those pages. | 我要知道里面都写了些什么 |
[20:22] | Kevin’s bought us another round. Where’s Ben? | Kevin又给我们买了酒 Ben去哪儿了? |
[20:29] | Bloody hell! Let’s go somewhere else. | 噢 真见鬼 走 我们换地方吧 |
[20:31] | No, no, no, no. No, I want to stay, Christina. I do. | 别 别 别 不 我要留下 Christina 真的 |
[20:34] | I just… I need to tell him one thing. | 我只是… 我-我必须告诉他一件事 |
[20:36] | Betty, he’s a big boy. He can look after himself. | Betty 他又不是小孩子 – 他能照顾好他自己 – 我知道 |
[20:39] | I know that, but Quincy Combs is looking for him. | 我知道 但是Quincy Combs在找他 |
[20:41] | Look. That could be the cover of his book. | 瞧他们 – Quincy Combs看到了又会大做文章的 – |
[20:44] | Betty, you’re addicted. If he was crack, you’d sell your nephew for a bag of him. | Betty 你中邪了 他要是栽了 你是不是还要把侄儿卖了 给他买个包呢? |
[20:50] | – What are you looking for? – Insight. | – 你到底想知道什么? – 内幕 |
[20:54] | Fey kept that romance alive for years. | Fey跟他的感情持续了那么多年 |
[20:56] | She must’ve written something in those diaries. | 她的日记里少不了笔墨 |
[20:58] | Interesting. You don’t return my calls, and now… | 真有趣 之前你可是连我电话都不愿回的 而现在– |
[21:01] | – I didn’t come empty-handed. – Oh, Wilhelmina, cash is so crude. | 我可不是空手来的 哦 Wilhelmina 送现金未免太拙劣了吧 |
[21:05] | It’s not money. It’s photographs. | 不是钱 是照片 |
[21:08] | Unless you’re not interested in seeing the gradual transformation of Alex Meade | 除非你对Alex Meade变性成为 |
[21:13] | into Alexis Meade. | Alexis Meade的过程不感兴趣 |
[21:15] | Where on earth did you get these? | 你在哪儿搞到这些东西的? |
[21:19] | Oh, now, before I lose you completely, tell me: | 等等 在你跑掉之前你得先告诉我 |
[21:22] | What did Fey do that turned him on? | Fey是怎么让他性趣盎然的? |
[21:26] | From what I can gather, Fey kept her feet as soft as a baby’s bottom. | 从我找的东西来看 Fey的双脚柔软得像婴儿的屁股 |
[21:31] | Daily pedicures, Dead Sea salts, paraffin treatments. | 她每天修脚 用死海盐 石蜡做足部护理 |
[21:36] | Apparently, her velvety instep rattled his cage. | 也就是说 她那细软的双足让他性意勃发 – |
[21:41] | – Bradford is into feet? – She must have been quite facile. | Bradford居然好这一口? – 这对fey来说肯定是小菜一碟 |
[21:46] | She describes feeding him cherries that she could pick up with her toes. | 她甚至写到用脚指头 夹樱桃给他吃 |
[21:51] | – Oh, my! – Mm-hmm. | 噢 天哪 |
[21:56] | Now you see it, and now you don’t. | 这是之前 |
[22:01] | Ooh… | 这是之后 |
[22:04] | All these people were assigned to you? | 照片上的这些人都是你负责的? |
[22:06] | Mm-hmm. I’ve helped a lot of folks become citizens. | 我帮很多人成为了美国公民 |
[22:09] | How come you’re not in any of the pictures? | 照片上怎么没你呢? |
[22:12] | I’m always the one holding the camera. | 因为我要为他们拍照 |
[22:15] | – Hungry? Time for pork roast. – Wait, what about Jerry? | 饿了吧? 该吃烤猪排了 等等 不等Jerry了吗? |
[22:19] | Ignacio, Jerry isn’t coming. He called right before you got here. | Jerry不会来了 你来之前他打过电话了 |
[22:23] | – He’s not taking your case. – What? | 他不接手你的案子了 |
[22:25] | Look, we knew it wasn’t a slam dunk. You worked illegally, | 什么? 听着 我们都知道不会那么顺利的 |
[22:28] | – used a false Social Security number. – You told me… | 你非法打工 用虚假社会保障金号码 但你说过– |
[22:31] | I would help you. And I plan on keeping my word. | 我会帮你的 我说话算数 |
[22:34] | You deserve to be a citizen, Ignacio. | 你肯定会成为合法公民的 Ignacio |
[22:36] | And as soon as we finish eating, we’ll get in the car, | 吃完饭我们就上车 |
[22:40] | drive to Atlantic City, have dessert, and get married. | 开车去大西洋城 吃吃甜点 然后结婚 |
[22:43] | – What? – I booked the bridal suite at Bally’s. | 什么? 我在Bally酒店为我们订了新婚套房 |
[22:47] | Tomorrow morning, you’re gonna wake up | 明天早上 你起来后就可以 |
[22:49] | and strut down that boardwalk a legal man. | 跟合法居民一样 悠闲又无顾忌地散步了 |
[22:52] | – Want some wine to celebrate? – Constance, you can’t be serious. | 还不喝点酒庆祝下? Constance 你不是认真的吧 |
[22:57] | That’s right, you got that funky heart. I’ll pour you some grape juice. | 噢 对了 你心脏不太好 那我给你倒杯葡萄汁 |
[23:08] | – You’re not into this place, are you? – No, it’s great. | 你好象不太适应这里 是吗? 不 很好啊 |
[23:15] | I saw it on Dancing with the Stars. Always wanted to do that. | 这是我从<与明星共舞>学的动作 一直都想试试 |
[23:19] | You can dip me, like Leeza Gibbons. | 你能像Leeza Gibbons那样 来个侧身倒吗? |
[23:26] | I’m gonna spin you now. Can you handle it? | 我要让你转圈了 |
[23:28] | Can you? | – 不会晕吧? – 你行吗? |
[23:40] | Oh, no! It’s Quincy. | 噢 不 是Quincy! |
[23:43] | – What’s wrong? I break something? – No! No, lift me again. | 什么? 怎么了? – 我弄疼你了? – 不 没有 呃 再举一次 |
[23:50] | A little to the left. Your left. | 左边点 你的左边 |
[23:53] | Now back a little bit more. Back, back, back, back… | 不对 倒回去 再倒 再倒点儿 |
[23:56] | – Go to the right! – Betty, what’s going on? | 往右边 – Betty 怎么了? – 没什么 |
[23:59] | Nothing. We’re having fun. Aren’t you? Lift me. | 这样很好玩啊 你不觉得吗? |
[24:02] | No. I can’t believe this is happening. I thought maybe you were different, | – 再举一次 – 不行 真不敢相信会是这样 我以为你与众不同 |
[24:06] | but you’re like every girl in this city, | 结果你跟其他女孩没什么两样 |
[24:08] | scanning the room and looking for something better. | 永不满足 老想着更好的 |
[24:11] | – No, no… – Yeah. | 不 不是的! |
[24:12] | You’re the first one that’s ever made me help her look. | 就是 不过你倒是第一个 要我帮忙你到处看的 |
[24:15] | What? No, wait, Ben! | 什么– 别 等等 Ben… |
[24:20] | My father’s not here now. What’s this all about? | 我父亲现在不在 |
[24:22] | The message was passed on to me. | 有什么事吗? 我收到你的留言了 |
[24:24] | I searched my files and Mr. Suarez is not in the system. | 我查过了 档案里没有Suarez这个人 |
[24:28] | He has to be. His court date is in a month. I bought him a tie. | 肯定有的 还有一个月就开庭了 我还给他买了领带 |
[24:32] | – Prussian blue, very neutral. – Who scheduled the date? | 深蓝色 很平和的颜色 那又是谁定的开庭日期? |
[24:35] | His caseworker, Constance Grady. | 负责他的社工– Constance Grady |
[24:39] | I took over all of Ms. Grady’s cases. Your father was not on her list. | Grady的案子都由我接手了 你父亲不在她的负责人之列 |
[24:43] | – Why did you take over? – Somebody had to. | 你怎么要接手她的案子? 总有人接吧 |
[24:45] | She was fired two months ago. | 两个月前她就被解雇了 |
[24:51] | Sit your rump down, ’cause this rump is ready, baby. | 坐下吧 猪臀肉已经好了 |
[24:55] | Constance, give me the number and I’ll call the lawyer myself. | Constance 求你了 把律师的号码给我 我来打给他 |
[24:58] | You want to ruin your appetite after I’ve been cooking all day? | 你想把我做了一整天的大餐 都晾在这儿吗? |
[25:10] | – Hello. – You need to get out of there. | 喂? 爸爸 你必须马上离开那儿 |
[25:14] | Hilda? My daughter, some problem at home. | Hilda? 我女儿– 家里出事了 |
[25:17] | No, no, no! The problem is over there. | 不 不是的 是你那儿出事了 |
[25:19] | Your caseworker was fired two months ago. | 你那个社工两个月前就被炒了 |
[25:22] | – What? – You heard me! She lied! | – 什么? – 千真万确 |
[25:25] | Bitch crazy! Now listen, the woman had a breakdown. | 她是骗子 疯婆子! 还有 她有精神受过刺激 |
[25:28] | She’s unstable. So don’t make any quick moves. | 情绪很不稳定 先别打草惊蛇 |
[25:31] | Just politely excuse yourself and get out! | 编个像样的借口 快点离开! |
[25:36] | OK, turn off the main water pipe. I’ll call you right back. Whoa! | 好的 关掉那根主进水管 我马上打给你 |
[25:40] | Dinner’s ready. | 晚餐好了 |
[25:48] | What took you so long? | 怎么去了这么久? |
[25:49] | Believe it or not, they only sell these in one pet shop in Jersey City. | 说了你都不信 泽西市里只有 一家宠物店卖这种小东西 |
[25:53] | Hurry up, I don’t have all night. | 哦 快点 我可没太多闲功夫 |
[25:55] | Willy, you know that I believe in suffering for our beauty, | Willie 我也知道美丽是要付出代价的 |
[25:59] | – but I don’t think I can watch. – Get a grip, Mary. | – 但我还是不敢看这个 – 快动手 Mary小姐(指Marc娇气) |
[26:01] | We did an article on this two months ago. | 两个月前我们才做了篇 关于这个的文章 |
[26:03] | If housewives in Singapore can handle it, so can I. | 新加坡女人都能忍受 我一样可以 |
[26:06] | They’re just little fish, nibbling off dead skin. | 不就是一些小鱼咬掉死皮么 |
[26:14] | Couldn’t we just use a really strong loofa? | 用丝瓜络不是一样吗? |
[26:16] | Dump them! | 倒进来! |
[26:28] | Oh, my, they’re hungry. | 哦 |
[26:44] | Hi. | 看来它们是饿坏了 |
[26:46] | Oh, hi. I’m just… feeling the walls. | 我只是… |
[26:51] | Good walls. | 想摸摸这墙壁 |
[26:52] | I wanted to let you know that Nick left. | 我来是告诉你Nick走了 |
[26:55] | Something about cheerleading finals on cable… and cocaine. | 好像是有线台的拉拉队决赛 还有可卡因什么的 |
[26:59] | Anyway, I am here as long as you need me. | 不管怎样 我随时听候差遣 |
[27:01] | I don’t. Thanks. Good night. | 不需要 谢谢 晚安 |
[27:07] | Can I ask you a question? | 能问个问题吗? |
[27:09] | Did you even think of hiring me to be your assistant? | 你有想过要雇我当助手吗? |
[27:13] | I wouldn’t mind getting a leg up in this company. | 这公司里的每个人都知道 我不介意受重用 |
[27:15] | Yes, but apparently you’ve had both legs up with my brother. | 没错 但很显然你跟我弟弟是一路货 |
[27:19] | – That’s ancient history. – I just don’t see us as a good fit. | 那都是陈年旧事了 Amenda 告诉你吧 我们俩不合拍 |
[27:24] | Well, I’m sorry you feel that way. But I could’ve been a real asset to you. | 哦 很抱歉让你有这种感觉 但你会发现我很有用的 |
[27:28] | I know this place inside and out. I know who stole what. | 这公司的里里外外我都很清楚 我知道谁喜欢偷东西 |
[27:31] | I know who slept with who. I knew Janie in Styles was pregnant before she did. | 谁跟谁有一腿 我还在设计部的Janie本人之前 就知道她已经怀孕了 |
[27:35] | And FYl, it’s not her husband’s or her boyfriend’s. | 告诉你吧 孩子不是她丈夫的 也不是她男朋友的 |
[27:39] | You do know a lot. | 你还真是个万事通 |
[27:41] | I’m trying to find something to help my mother. | 瞧 我正试图寻找一些 对我母亲的辩护有利的证据 |
[27:44] | Have you heard anything about a secret room? | 你听说过关于密室的事吗? |
[27:46] | – You mean the “love dungeon”? – Do you know where it is? | 你是说爱情地牢? 你知道它在哪儿吗? |
[27:50] | Sure. In Never-Never Land. | 当然 在梦幻岛啊 (小飞侠彼得潘居住的地方) |
[27:52] | It doesn’t exist. It was Fey’s way of saying, | 它并不存在 Fey这么说的意思是 |
[27:55] | “I’m hung over and want to go home.” | “我有点宿醉 要回家了” |
[27:57] | If you’d have hired me, you’d already know that. | 如果你雇了我 这事你早就知道了 |
[28:00] | Maybe I made a mistake. If anything should ever happen to Nick, | 也许我犯了个错误 如果Nick出了意外的话 你就是下一个 |
[28:03] | – you’re next in line. – Like, if he falls down the stairs? | 你是说 比如 他从楼梯上摔下去了? |
[28:07] | Actually, I was thinking more like, if he got married and moved away, | 其实 我觉得他结婚离开的可能更大些 但我欣赏你的野心 |
[28:11] | but I like your ambition. Forget you ever saw me in Daniel’s office. | 现在 让我们把你见到我在Daniel的 办公室这事儿给忘了吧 |
[28:15] | Pick out something nice for yourself in the Closet. Daniel! | 你干嘛不去壁橱那儿 |
[28:30] | Daniel! Daniel! Daniel! | 给自己挑点好东西呢? |
[28:53] | Back away. Daniel, this is Betty. | 退后 Daniel 我是Betty |
[28:56] | If you hear me, Quincy is in the house. | 如果你能听到我说的话 Quincy Combs就在这酒吧里! |
[29:00] | Save yourself! Go out the back door! Quincy Combs is looking… | 振作一点! 从后门出去! 正在找… |
[29:07] | …for you. | 找你 |
[29:16] | Is that girl stalking you? | 那姑娘是在跟踪你吗? |
[29:21] | Sorry. My daughter says the whole basement is flooded. | 抱歉 但是 唔 我女儿说整个 地下室都被水淹了 |
[29:24] | – It must be a broken pipe. – But I made dinner! | 肯定是水管爆了 – |
[29:27] | Great. You could wrap it up, | 但我做好晚饭了 – 看上去很美味 |
[29:28] | and we could do this later in the week. Pork lasts forever. | 也许你可以先包起来 我们这周晚些时候再继续 |
[29:33] | – Ay, Dios. Could you open this, please? – I don’t like leftovers. | 猪肉又不会跑了 请你开开这个好吗? 我不喜欢剩菜 |
[29:39] | I don’t like to be interrupted on my wedding night! | 我也不喜欢在结婚前夜被打扰 |
[29:43] | Please, give me my phone back and let me go. My family needs me. | 求你了 把手机给我 让我出去 我的家人需要我 |
[29:47] | So do I. | 我也需要你 |
[29:50] | Now, try this on. | 现在穿上这个试试 |
[29:56] | – What, did you follow me here? – No. Daniel, I was here before you. | – 什么 你跟踪我到这儿? – 没有! Daniel 你来之前我就在这儿了 |
[30:00] | – Enjoying the “Filthy Cub Scout.” – What were you thinking? | 我正在享受一个小伙子的追求 Betty 你在想什么? |
[30:03] | I didn’t know what to do. I saw you acting crazy and I saw Quincy’s hat. | 我不知道还能做什么 我看到你疯狂的行为 我也看到了Quincy Combs的帽子! – 我只是想– – 够了! |
[30:08] | No! We are not doing this here. I… No. | 够了 我们不能在这儿谈这个 |
[30:11] | – But Daniel, I was just trying to… – Betty, stop! | 我– 不 – 但是 Daniel 我只是想– – Betty 别说了! |
[30:15] | We’re not at the office. I don’t need a chaperon or a bodyguard or a babysitter. | 我们不是在办公室里 我不需要伴儿 保镖 或是保姆 |
[30:19] | When we leave that building, your day is over. Do you understand? | 当我们离开那座大厦 你的工作就结束了 你明白了吗? |
[30:24] | Please, for God’s sake, just let me live my life. Punch out! | 求你了 看在上帝的份上 就让我过我想过的生活吧! 下班了! |
[30:29] | Daniel, you promised me and my sister you’d come dance. Come on. | Daniel 你答应了要 和我们姐妹跳舞的 来吧 |
[30:52] | You still here? | 噢 你还在这儿啊? |
[30:55] | – Thought I was burning midnight oil. – What’s that? | 我以为只有我在加夜班呢 那是什么? |
[30:58] | I forgot to include it with the earlier package. | 早先一份文件里的一点东西 我忘记放进去了 |
[31:04] | Mind if I sit for a moment? | 我在这儿坐会 你不介意吧? |
[31:07] | It’s been a crazy day, and my shoes are killing me. | 今天真是够受的… 我的鞋子让我难受死了 |
[31:17] | I know you never expect to hear this from me, | 我知道你从未想到会从我的嘴里 听到这种话 但是… |
[31:20] | but sometimes it’s criminal what we do for fashion. | 有时我们为时尚所做的事情 还真是种罪过呢 |
[31:26] | Any chance we can have a drink, Bradford? | 我们喝一杯怎么样 Bradford? |
[31:28] | – What? – Drink? | – 什么? – 喝一杯? |
[31:30] | Oh, yeah… What would you like? | 哦 好吧 |
[31:33] | I’ll have whatever you’re having. | 你想喝点什么? 唔 你喝什么我就喝什么 |
[31:55] | I don’t like being played. | 我可不喜欢被人耍 |
[31:57] | You gave me hope I could find some evidence to help my mother. | 你给了我希望 让我以为可以找到 对我母亲有利的证据 |
[32:00] | There is no “love dungeon,” Quincy. And no diaries either, I’m guessing. | 但根本就没有什么“爱情地牢” Quincy 我想也没有什么日记吧 |
[32:04] | Go find some other chump, because you just lost your best source. | 去找其他傻瓜吧 因为你已经失去你最好的客源了 |
[32:08] | So the besieged queen needs to see a little evidence. | 这么说 急性子女王想看一下证据? |
[32:12] | Well, I have it, right here. | 唔 我正好带着呢 |
[32:15] | “September 9th, 2005. | “2005年9月9号– 不知道我能说些 |
[32:18] | Don’t know what I can say to comfort B. We met in the love dungeon.” | 什么来安慰B” (指Bradford) “我们在爱情地牢里会面” |
[32:21] | See, right here, Fey’s handwriting. It goes on. | 瞧见了? 就在这儿– Fey的笔迹 后面还有呢 |
[32:24] | “Our afternoon delight has been replaced by talk, talk, talk of Alex | “我们下午的快乐约会被谈话所取代 谈话 不停地谈论Alex” |
[32:27] | and how badly B feels for the way he treated his son.” | “B觉得他对待儿子的方式 实在糟透了” |
[32:31] | – This part is not important… – Give me that. | – 这部分并不重要 – 把那个给我 |
[32:34] | “Alex took off for Europe, | “Alex离开去了欧洲 |
[32:36] | and now B wants to follow and beg him to come home.” | B想跟去 并求他回家” |
[32:43] | Try the pants on too. I want to take a picture. | 也把这条裤子穿上 我要照相 |
[32:46] | – Constance, don’t. – You mind wearing a little heel? | Constance 不要这样 你介意穿带点小跟的鞋吗? |
[32:49] | Don’t want to tower over you. I’m wearing my hair up. | 我不想因为挽起头发而比你高 |
[32:52] | – We are not getting married! – I am trying to help you, Nacho! | 我们不会结婚! 我正尽力帮你 Nacho! |
[32:56] | You can’t help me! You don’t even work there anymore! | 你帮不了我 你甚至不都在那儿工作了! |
[33:00] | The game is over, Constance. Now, please, let me go. | 游戏结束了 Constance 现在请你让我走吧 |
[33:04] | So you’re gonna be like all the rest of them, huh? | 这么说 你也想其他人那样 唔? |
[33:07] | I help you put your life together. | 我帮助你们重整生活 |
[33:09] | I hold your hand when you walk into that big, scary courthouse. | 我牵着你们的手走过 那巨大 令人害怕的法院 |
[33:13] | I get you to the finish line and then I never hear from you again. | 我帮助你们冲过了终点线 然后就再也没有了你们的音信 |
[33:17] | – That is not true. – Yes, it is. | – 那不是真的 – 事实就是如此 |
[33:20] | There are over 200 people in that book alone. Where are they now? | 那本相册里有200多人 现在他们都在哪儿? |
[33:30] | Constance, every one of those people remembers you | Constance 相信我 |
[33:33] | and are grateful, believe me. | 他们每一个人 都记得你 并对你充满感激 |
[33:35] | Can’t expect them to come back ’cause they need you to hold their hands. | 但你不能期望他们因为仍然 需要你牵他们的手而回来 |
[33:39] | They have to go forward. And so do you. | 他们得继续前行 你也一样 |
[33:46] | Constance, open up! | Constance 开门! |
[33:49] | Papi, are you in there? Papi! | 爸爸 你在里面吗? 爸爸! |
[33:55] | Constance, I can stand out here all night. | Constance 你再不开门 我可以整晚都站在外面! |
[34:03] | What the hell is going on? | 这到底是怎么回事? |
[34:07] | – We’re just talking. – In costume? | – 我们只是在谈话 – 穿着结婚礼服? |
[34:10] | You are in a lot of trouble, lady! | 你有大麻烦了 女士! |
[34:13] | No, she’s not. | 不 她不会 |
[34:18] | Can I have my phone, please? | 把手机给我好吗? |
[34:25] | – Here. – What is this for? | 拿着 这是要干嘛? |
[34:28] | I’d like you to take a picture before we leave. | 我想在离开前 让你给我们照个相 |
[34:33] | Take…? | 照… |
[34:49] | I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have made you come here. | 抱歉 我本不该带你来这儿的 |
[34:52] | No, you were right. I get too involved. | 不 你没做错什么 |
[34:55] | What’s wrong with me? Why can’t I be more like you | 是我自己太过于投入了 我这是怎么了? |
[34:57] | – and stay out of the drama? – Betty! | 为什么我就不能像你那样 做个局外人呢? |
[34:59] | Look what it’s done for you. You should go back in. | – 我是说 看看我对你做了什么 你真的应该回到里面去的 |
[35:02] | People know your name. You’re gonna be huge. | 大家都知道你的名字 你会成为一位伟大的设计师的 |
[35:04] | Yeah. But everything comes at a price. | 是啊 没错 可任何事情都是要付出代价的 |
[35:07] | What is going on with you? | 你到底怎么了? |
[35:10] | No one can praise you without you getting all weird. | 你兴奋也不该表现得这么奇怪吧 |
[35:13] | Because I don’t deserve any of it. | 因为我根本不应该得到这一切 |
[35:18] | I didn’t get into Fashion Week because of my talent. | 我能入选时尚周 不是因为我的才能 |
[35:22] | – I made a deal with Wilhelmina. – A deal? | 而是因为我与Wilhelmina 做了一笔交易 一笔交易? |
[35:26] | I agreed to do things for her. | 我答应为她做事– |
[35:28] | Certain favors, supplying information. | 帮她的忙 提供信息 |
[35:32] | – What kind of information? – Oh, everything! | 什么样的信息? |
[35:35] | Gossip, who’s loyal, who’s not. | 哦 所有的– 流言蜚语 谁对她忠诚 谁不是 |
[35:38] | I think I had something to do | 我想 |
[35:40] | with putting Daniel’s father and mother behind bars. | 我甚至与Daniel父母入狱的事有关 |
[35:48] | Wait, why would you ever agree to help Wilhelmina? | 等等 为什么你要答应帮Wilhelmina? |
[35:53] | Because I just wanted someone to see my designs | 因为… |
[35:57] | that wasn’t my mother or my cat. | 我想让其他人看看我的设计 不只是我妈妈或是我那只傻猫 |
[35:59] | Every conversation, everything I’ve told you, | 这么说 我们之间的每次谈话 我告诉你的每件事 |
[36:01] | you’ve taken and reported? | 你都拿去向她报告了? |
[36:03] | If someone came to you and offered you help, | Betty 如果某人站在你面前 向你提供帮助使你离梦想更近 |
[36:05] | – to get closer to your dream, you’d… – No, I wouldn’t. | 那么你– 不 我不会的 |
[36:09] | I have dreams too, but I would never do something to hurt you like this. | 我也有梦想 但我绝不会 做这样的事来伤害你 |
[36:13] | I didn’t do this to hurt you. Can we just please… Can we talk about it? | 我没有想伤害你 我们能不能 求你了 我们好好谈谈好吗? |
[36:17] | No, I don’t think that we can. | 不 我不认为我们还有谈的必要 |
[36:21] | Christina, you’re right. That building is the wrong place to look for friends. | Christina 你是对的 |
[37:20] | So you plan on working late again this week? | 那座大厦根本就不是找朋友的地方 你还打算这周要加班吗? |
[37:24] | My schedule is wide open. | 我的日程表是很灵活的 |
[37:45] | It’s Alexis. Could you please give me a call when you can? | 我是Alexis 你方便的时候 给我来个电话好吗? |
[37:50] | Thanks… Dad. | 谢谢… 爸爸 |
[38:05] | You’re expecting someone? | 你约了人吗? |
[38:07] | Might be my sister. Answer, will you? I need to go to the bathroom. | 可能是我姐姐 去开门 |
[38:22] | Hey. | 好吗? 我要去一下厕所 |
[38:23] | You weren’t sleeping, were you? I didn’t think so. | 你们还没睡吧 对吗? 我可不认为你会这么早就睡了 |
[38:31] | Where’s… where’s Becks? | 唔 Becks上哪儿去了? |
[38:34] | I thought it would be more fun to end the night here. | 我想今晚在这里过夜会更有趣 |
[38:41] | OK. There’s still some more champagne. | 好吧 唔 还有点香槟 |
[38:45] | I’ve had plenty. | 我喝得够多了 |
[38:47] | So are you giving Petra the May cover or the June? | 你会让Petra上五月的封面 还是六月的? |
[38:50] | – We didn’t talk about any covers. – I would prefer May. | 我们还没谈过封面的事 我更喜欢五月的 |
[38:54] | It’ll give us a better shot at Harper’s Bazaar in July. | 这会使我们有时间更好地拍摄七月 “harper’s bazaar”(著名时尚杂志)的封面 |
[38:57] | – What are you, also her manager? – No. | 怎么 你还是她的经纪人? 不 |
[39:04] | I’m her mother. | 我是她妈妈 而且我的女儿 |
[39:05] | And my daughter is a month shy of 17, so either you give her this cover, | 差一个月才满17岁 所以 要么你让她做封面人物 |
[39:10] | or you might find yourself in a bit of trouble, Mr. Meade. | 要么你就要有大麻烦了 Meade先生 |
[39:13] | Petra is 16? | Petra只有16岁? |
[39:16] | You didn’t ask to see ID, did you? | 你没要求看她的身份证 是吗? |
[39:26] | You naughty, naughty boy. | 你这个顽皮的坏男生 |
[39:33] | What does this mean? You have to start over again? | 这是什么意思? 你得全部从头再来一遍? |
[39:36] | The guy who’s got my case is gonna do what he can | 接管我案子的那家伙说他会尽力 |
[39:39] | to get me the earliest possible court date. We’ll see. | 为我争取尽可能早的法院庭审 我们将拭目以待 |
[39:43] | She’s just been lying to you this whole time. | 这么说 她一直都是在骗你的? |
[39:45] | Why didn’t Hilda call the police? | 你为什么不让Hilda报警? |
[39:47] | I think she’s been punished enough. So how was your night? | 我认为她受的惩罚已经够了 你今晚过得怎样? |
[39:51] | Did you go to that big, fancy club? Was it fun? | 去那个大型豪华俱乐部了吗? 好玩吗? |
[39:56] | That much, huh? | 这样吗 唔? |
[39:59] | – It’s just been a very long day. – Yeah. Tell me about it. | 真是好长的一天啊 好了 跟我说说怎么回事 |
[40:04] | You know, Dad, people can really surprise you. | 你瞧 爸爸 人们真的会让你大吃一惊 |
[40:07] | Yes, they can. But it’s not always bad. | 是的 他们能 但并不总是坏事 |
[40:10] | Like when you think you’re going to Yankee Stadium | 就像你以为你是要去洋基球场 (New York Yankees 棒球队) |
[40:13] | and you end up at a Mets game. They won their division. | 而你看到的却是纽约大都会的比赛 (New York Mets 同为纽约的棒球队) 他们得了区冠军 |
[40:19] | Maybe we’re just too trusting. | 也许我们只是太过信任别人 |
[40:21] | You know what, mija? Maybe that’s not such a bad thing. | 你知道吗? 亲爱的 也许也没那么糟糕 |
[40:36] | Hello. | – 你好? – 嗨 |
[40:37] | Hi. Mr. Suarez, it’s Daniel. | – 你好? – 嗨 唔 Suarez先生 我是Daniel |
[40:39] | – Sorry to call so late. – It’s fine. Is everything OK? | – 抱歉这么晚打电话来 – 没有关系 |
[40:43] | No, not really. | 一切都还好吗? 呃 不 真的不好 |
[40:46] | I’m trying to reach Betty on her cell, but it’s gone to voicemail. | 我打过Betty的手机 可它总是转接到语音信箱 |
[40:49] | – Is she there? – It’s Daniel. | 她在吗? |
[40:52] | He wants to speak to you. | 是Daniel 他想跟你通话 |
[40:55] | Sounds like he might be in trouble. | 听起来似乎他陷入困境了 |
[41:09] | Tell him I’ll see him in the morning. | 告诉他 我们明天早上见 |
[41:12] | I punched out. | 我已经下班了 |