时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Previously on “ugly betty”… | |
[00:01] | I’m gonna enroll in a writing class. | 我要参加一个写作班 |
[00:03] | That’s great. | 那太棒了 |
[00:04] | I’m gonna be a writer. | 我要成为一个作家 |
[00:05] | The “b.” | 跟着B |
[00:06] | the “b” will lead you to a kiss. | 这个B会把你引向一个吻 |
[00:07] | The kiss will take you to your father. | 这个吻会把带你到父亲身边 |
[00:09] | You’re my “b.” | 你就是我的”B” |
[00:11] | gene simmons is my father. | Gene Simmons是我的爸爸 |
[00:13] | Motion to terminate wilhelmina slater. | 提议Wilhelmina Slater撤职 |
[00:15] | All those in favor. | 大家同意吗? |
[00:16] | Aye. | 同意 |
[00:17] | If i can’t marry into the meade family,i will give birth to an heir. | 如果我不能嫁进Meade家 我就生出一个继承人来 |
[00:22] | All gns indicate that you have a hostile womb. | 所有的征兆都显示 你的子宫不适合怀孩子 |
[00:25] | We need to find a surrogate we can control. | 我们需要找个听话的代孕妈咪 |
[00:27] | We’re almost done. | 我们就快好了 |
[00:28] | Have a look. | 看看 |
[00:30] | Surprise! | 惊喜! |
[00:32] | It’s for your new salon. | 为了你的新美发厅 |
[00:36] | Oh,hey,you guys are good together. | 哦 嘿 你们俩在一起可真般配啊 |
[00:39] | Yeah. Really good. | 是啊 非常般配 |
[00:49] | Betty,thank you so much for letting me practice on you. | Betty 太谢谢你了 让我在你身上练习 |
[00:53] | Now that hilda’s beautilities is open, | 现在 Hilda美发沙龙就要开张了 |
[00:55] | i can’t risk making mistakes on any real customers. | 我不能冒险在真正的顾客身上出差错 |
[00:58] | Hilda,you don’t make mistake– | Hilda 你不会出差错的– |
[01:04] | What? You said you wanted princess-y. | 怎么啦? 你说你想要公主妆的 |
[01:07] | It’s just maybe a little too regal for a nightclub. | 对于夜店来说 这也许有点太尊贵了 |
[01:09] | I just wanted it to be a little different. | 我只是想有一点点改变 |
[01:11] | ‘S henry’s band’s first gig,and i want to look cute. | 这是Henry乐队的首次演出 我想打扮得可爱些 |
[01:13] | Aww,i love it. | 哇 我喜欢 |
[01:15] | You’re a groupie. | 你还哈乐队呢 |
[01:18] | Eyes. | 闭眼 |
[01:19] | I mean,technically,i’m not a groupie,because henry’s not in the band. | 准确讲 我不哈乐队 因为Henry不是乐队成员 |
[01:23] | He’s the manager– the glue that holds the band together. | 他是总管– 是整个乐队的粘合剂 |
[01:27] | Okay. Enough. | 好了 够了 |
[01:28] | Yeah,well,i think you ought to tell the glue that his band name is stupid. | 是吗 我觉得你应该去告诉粘合剂 他的乐队名字很弱智 |
[01:32] | I mean,the i.r.s.? | 那个 I.R.S.? (I.R.S.是美国税务局的简称) |
[01:33] | It’s funny. They’re accountants. | 这很有趣的呀 他们是会计师嘛 |
[01:35] | The internal rhythm service. Get it? | “心灵节拍速递” 明白吗? |
[01:37] | No. Eyes. | 不 闭眼 |
[01:40] | Aunt betty,another letter. | Betty阿姨 又一封信 |
[01:42] | Oh,god,no. | 哦 天哪 不是吧 |
[01:44] | I mean,interesting. | 我是说 很有趣 |
[01:48] | From “the new york review.” | <纽约书评>寄来的 |
[01:50] | I submitted that piece that i wrote about dad playing dominoes with those old men. | 我投的是 写老爸和老头子们 玩多米诺骨牌的那篇文章 |
[01:56] | Oh,well. | 哦 嗯 |
[02:00] | Don’t feel that bad. Look,this one has a real signature. | 别这么难过嘛 瞧 这上面有亲笔签名呢 |
[02:03] | It even smudges. | 字迹都洇开了(肯定是亲笔签的) |
[02:04] | Yeah,someone actually took the time to reject you. | 是啊 还真有人 花时间给你写拒绝信呢 |
[02:06] | Yeah,”the roosevelt weekly”– that was totally a form letter. | 没错 <罗斯福周刊>那封– 拿的就是现成模板 |
[02:08] | Yeah,and “women’s knitting journal” called you “sir and/or madam.” | 是啊 <女性针织杂志>还称呼你为 “先生和/或女士” |
[02:11] | Okay. Not helping. | 好啦 说这些没用的 |
[02:12] | Dinner is served! | 开饭啦! |
[02:15] | Maybe that’ll help. | 也许那个还有点用 |
[02:20] | So do we feel pregnant yet? | 那么 咱们有怀孕反应了吗? |
[02:24] | Keep those legs up. We don’t want anything falling out. | 把腿抬起来 咱们可不希望有什么东西漏出来 |
[02:26] | How long am i trapped herfor? | 我要被困在这儿多久? |
[02:28] | Well,you know what the doctor said– | 你知道医生是怎么说的– |
[02:29] | bed rest until we’re absolutely sure the embryo is implanted. | 卧床休息 直到能完全肯定胚胎着床 |
[02:33] | Now i don’t want you lifting beer kegs or whatever it is you do in your spare time. | 我不想让你做粗重活(搬啤酒桶) 你业余时间做的事情也不能做 |
[02:38] | Just a few more weeks. | 再过几周就好了 |
[02:39] | Weeks? | 几周? |
[02:39] | What am i gonna do in here? | 那我要在这儿干嘛? |
[02:40] | Mi casa es su casa. So,uh… | 我家就是你家啊 所以 呃… |
[02:43] | Read my books or enjoy my goose down pillows. | 读读我的书 或享用一下我的鹅绒枕头 |
[02:47] | Not this one. | 这个不行 |
[02:52] | Christina,i… | Christina 我… |
[02:54] | I can’t thank you enough for doing this. | 你这样做 我真的感激不尽 |
[02:57] | You have no idea what this means to me. | 你不知道 这对我来说有多么重大的意义 |
[03:04] | Are you trying to hug me? | 你这是要抱我吗? |
[03:06] | I’m as surprised as you are. | 我和你一样惊讶(我会这么做) |
[03:09] | Thank god that passed. | 还好没有抱 |
[03:13] | Keep those legs up. | 把腿抬着 |
[03:27] | Henry,i– i don’t think th those voice lessons are really paying off. | Henry 我– 我不觉得 那些声乐课物有所值 |
[03:33] | Yeah,i don’t know what i’m gonna do. | 是呀 我不知道该怎么办 |
[03:34] | This club owner says he won’t give us any more gigs with clyde as singer. | 俱乐部老板说 要是还用Clyde做主唱 他就不会再给我们演出机会了 |
[03:38] | Hey,henry,why don’t you sing? | 嘿 Henry 你干嘛不唱呢? |
[03:40] | I’ve heard you karaoke. | 我听过你K歌 |
[03:42] | I don’t know. Karaoke’s one thing. | 我没法唱 K歌没法和这个比 |
[03:43] | These people want to hear someone good. | 这些人想要听一流的唱腔 |
[03:45] | Well,at least the turnout’s good. | 哦 至少来的人挺多的 |
[03:48] | Yeah,29 people. | 是啊 已经29个人了 |
[03:49] | If we get up to 30,we get a cut of the door. | 要是能达到30个 我们就要在门口设限了 |
[03:53] | Yes. | 太好了 |
[03:54] | You get a free i.r.s.mouse pad. Don’t go anywhere. | 你得到了一个免费的I.R.S.鼠标垫 哪儿都别去 |
[03:57] | – Be right back. – Okay. | – 马上回来 – 好 |
[03:58] | So is that the band? | 这就是那个乐队吗? |
[04:01] | It’s noteally what your flyer suggested. | 和你们宣传单上画的不大一样嘛 |
[04:03] | I guess i did sex it up a bit so people would actually come,but it’s important. | 我想我夸大了一点它的”性”质 这样大家才会来啊 而且这很重要 |
[04:07] | Henry’s trying to make some extra money for the baby. | Henry想为小宝宝赚点额外的奶粉钱 |
[04:09] | Okay,well,can i give him 20 bucks and then go home? | 好吧 那我能给他20美元 然后回家吗? |
[04:13] | Or stay and have a beer,yeah. | 或者留下来喝点啤酒 对 |
[04:17] | It is called the beer hole,so it’s probably pretty good. | 这里叫”啤酒洞” 也许他们的啤酒甘醇可口 |
[04:19] | Oh,just so you know,there’s a bar next door called the bear hole, | 哦 要知道 隔壁有家叫”狗熊窝”的酒吧 |
[04:22] | So you might have lost some of your audience over there. | 也许你们的有些观众去那儿了 |
[04:24] | Oh,no. Well,i should go check. | 哦 不会吧 我要去看看 |
[04:26] | No,no. Wait. | 别 别 等等 |
[04:26] | It’s probably not a good idea… | 这样不大好吧… |
[04:29] | Hey,hey,quick. | 嘿 嘿 快 |
[04:30] | – Come dance with me. – What? | – 来和我跳舞 – 干什么? |
[04:32] | I want to make my boyfriend jealous. | 我想让我的男朋友嫉妒 |
[04:34] | Oh,um,well,which one is he? | 哦 嗯 是哪一个? |
[04:37] | You’ll find out soon enough. | 你很快就会知道了 |
[04:39] | Not that one with the tattoos over there,is it? | 难道是那边那个有纹身的 对吗? |
[04:42] | That’s him. | 就是他 |
[04:43] | – You can take him,though. – Oh,right. | – 你能摆平他 – 哦 当然 |
[04:49] | Oh,look who likes to live dangerously. | 哦 看看谁玩得更刺激 |
[04:51] | You know,i have the strangest fling you guys are gonna be breaking up soon. | 知道吗 我有种很奇怪的感觉 你们两马上就要分手了 |
[04:54] | – You sound confident. – I am. | – 你似乎很有信心 – 那是 |
[04:57] | Your boyfriend’s making out with another dude. | 你男朋友已经和另一个混蛋搞在一起了 |
[05:03] | okay,you got me. | 好啦 被你识破了 |
[05:05] | Why didn’t you just ask me to dance? | 为何你不直接请我跳舞? |
[05:07] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[05:09] | I guess i’m just shy. | 我想我只是有些害羞 |
[05:12] | Yeah. I can tell. | 对 我看得出来 |
[05:18] | and one bananatini for amanda tanen- sommers-simmons. | 的香蕉冰露来了 |
[05:23] | Really see the resemblance. | 还真有几分相似呢 |
[05:26] | What am i gonna do,marc? | 我该怎么办呢? Marc |
[05:27] | I finally find out who my real father is, | 我终于知道我的亲生父亲是谁了 |
[05:29] | And he won’t return my calls or my e-mails or my father’s day cards. | 但他不会回我的电话 电邮 或父亲节贺卡 |
[05:32] | Blah,blah,blah,tragedy. | 这个 那个 这个 真惨啊 |
[05:35] | You’re so one-note lately. | 你最近净唠叨这些了 (你最近怎跟祥林嫂似的) |
[05:38] | Wait. That gives me an idea. | 等一下 我有个主意 |
[05:40] | Gene simmons is a musician,right? | Gene Simmons是个音乐家 对吧? |
[05:42] | So maybe you need to communicate with him in his own language. | 所以也许你该用他的语言与他沟通 |
[05:45] | – Hebrew? – No.No. | – 希伯来语? – 不 不 |
[05:47] | The language of music. | 音乐语言 |
[05:48] | You should write a song for him about him being your father. | 你该为他写首歌 写写他是你爸爸这件事 |
[05:52] | He can’t ignore that. | 他不可能忽视的 |
[05:53] | You know what? | 你知道吗? |
[05:54] | If he is my father,i probably do have songwriting in my genes. | 如果他是我爸爸 也许我骨子里就有音乐创作天赋 |
[05:57] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[05:58] | So all you need to do is write a song,practice singing it,record it, | 所以你要做的就是写一首歌 反复练唱 再录下来 |
[06:01] | Make a video of it,post the video on youtube and then wait for him to see it. | 做成视频 传到Youtube上面 然后等着他去看 |
[06:05] | Marc,it’s so simple,it’s brilliant. | Marc 这主意简单又绝妙 |
[06:12] | Oh,who says white guys can’t dance? | 哦 谁说白人不会跳舞的? |
[06:14] | I’m renee. | 我叫Renee |
[06:16] | – I’m daniel. – Meade. | – 我叫Daniel |
[06:17] | I know. Everybody knows. | 我知道 地球人都知道 |
[06:22] | Your leg is vibrating,daniel meade. | 你的腿在抖呢 Daniel Meade |
[06:24] | Oh,i know. | 哦 我知道 |
[06:26] | Oh,sorry. It’s,uh,my phone.Yeah. | 哦 抱歉 是 嗯 我的电话 对 |
[06:33] | Everything okay? | 没出什么事吧? |
[06:34] | Yeah,it’s just a work thing. | 没 不过是工作上的事 |
[06:37] | Can you hold on a second? | 你能等一下吗? |
[06:39] | Oh,and stay right there? | 哦 就在这儿等吧 |
[06:40] | Don’t invent any dangerous gay boyfriend for anyone else. That’s our thing,okay? | 别再用什么可恶的同志男友的借口 跟别的人搭讪了 那是咱俩独享的 行吗? |
[06:49] | oh,oh,here he is. | 他来了 |
[06:52] | Voil? | 这个 |
[06:52] | Oh,thank you. | 哦 谢谢 |
[06:54] | Could i talk to you for a second? | 能和你说几句话吗? |
[06:57] | Do you still have that list of freelancers on your blackberry? | 你的黑莓手机里还有自由记者的名单吗? |
[06:59] | The writer for the phil roth interview just dropped out. | 访谈Phil Roth的作者刚刚不干了 |
[07:02] | What? | 什么? |
[07:03] | I didn’t know “mode” was doing a piece on him. | 我不知道<时尚>要做他的报道嘛 |
[07:04] | – I love him. – You do? | – 我喜欢他 – 真的? |
[07:06] | Okay,uh,daniel,hear me out. | 好吧 呃 Daniel 听我说完 |
[07:08] | Do you remember when you accidentally made two dates with two different women at the same restaurant… | 你还记得你不小心同时约了两个女人 在同家餐厅吃饭吗… |
[07:13] | Oh,my god. | 哦 天哪 |
[07:14] | And–and i had to fake the seizure so you could run out the back door with the prettier one? | 我只好装作癫痫发作 好让你能和那个漂亮点的从后门脱身? |
[07:17] | What was the last thing you said to me? | 你最后跟我说了什么? |
[07:19] | “betty,i owe you.” | “Betty 我欠你一个人情” |
[07:21] | Come on. This is a huge article. | 别闹了 这篇文章是主打 |
[07:22] | mouth so i wouldn’t swallow my tongue. | 那个经理往我嘴里硬塞了根筷子 我才没有把舌头吞下去 |
[07:28] | Okay.Okay. All right. | 好 好 好吧 |
[07:30] | A thousand words by friday. | 一千字 周五前交 |
[07:31] | Oh,my god. Are you serious? | 哦 天哪 你是说真的吗? |
[07:33] | You’re gonna let me do this. | 你这次让我做 |
[07:34] | I have faith in you. | 我对你有信心 |
[07:35] | Oh,my god,daniel. Thank you.Thank you!Thank you! | 哦 天哪 Daniel 谢了! 谢谢! 太感谢了! |
[07:37] | Besides,who else are we gonna get on such short notice,right? | 而且 这么短的时间 我也找不到别人 是吧? |
[07:39] | I’m just gonna pretend you stopped at “i have faith in you.” | 我就当你只说到那句 “我对你有信心” |
[07:42] | Henry! | |
[07:47] | – Let me turn on a light. – No,no,no,keep ’em off. | – 让我把灯打开 – 不 不 不 就让它们关着 |
[07:49] | It’s more fun in the dark. | 黑漆漆的更有情趣 |
[07:53] | La that’s not the boob you think it is. | 你摸错咪咪了 |
[07:59] | – Mom! – Okay,that’s like $100,000 worth of therapy right there. | – 妈妈! – 好吧 花10万美金做心理治疗就这效果 |
[08:03] | I didn’t know she was here. What are you doing here? | 我不知道她在 你在这儿干嘛啊? |
[08:04] | I had to get out of the house. | 我必须离开那屋子 |
[08:06] | It was too many memories. | 那儿有太多的回忆 |
[08:07] | In the unlikely event that whatever this is lasts for 40 years,you’ll understand. | 在那儿就像沉浸在一场 延续40年的梦幻里 你们会理解的 |
[08:12] | – I’m claire. – Renee. | – 我是Claire |
[08:13] | Don’t let me get in your way,renee. | 别让我妨碍了你们 Renee |
[08:15] | I’ll just go sleep on the couch. | 我去睡椅上睡就好了 |
[08:18] | Do whatever you like. | 你们尽情玩吧 |
[08:20] | In prison,i learned i can sleep through anything. | 在监狱里 我学会了在任何情况下睡着 |
[08:26] | She’s going through a really hard time now– | 她如今正处在一个艰难的时期– |
[08:28] | don’t even worry about it. | 不用解释了 |
[08:32] | A man that takes care of his mom knows how to treat a woman. | 一个会照顾他妈妈的男人 知道怎么哄女孩子开心 |
[08:37] | We’ll do this again. | 咱们下次再来 |
[08:51] | – Hey,betty. – Hi,gio. | – 嗨 Betty – 嗨 Gio |
[08:54] | So did you hear? | 你听说了吗? |
[08:55] | Phil roth is in the house. | Phil Roth在这里 |
[08:57] | Oh,you know who philip roth is? | 哦 你知道Philip Roth? (美国当代一线作家 也称Phil Roth) |
[08:59] | Author of “portnoy’s complaint,” “goodbye,columbus”– | <波特诺伊的抱怨> <再见 哥伦布>的作者– |
[09:02] | “american pastoral,” yeah. | 还有<美国牧歌> 对吧 |
[09:04] | Not everyone who makes sandwiches is a lunk. | 并不是做三明治的人都是傻瓜 |
[09:06] | But the guy in your conference room is not philip roth,it is phil roth. | 但在你们会议室里的人不是Philip Roth 而是Phil Roth |
[09:10] | What? Who’s phil roth? | 什么? Phil Roth是谁? |
[09:13] | He writes books on how to pick up chicks. | 他专写怎么泡妞的书 |
[09:16] | Oh,my god. | 哦 天哪 |
[09:18] | Daniel said phil roth,but i just thought he was doing his annoying casual thing– | Daniel说是Phil Roth 我还以为是他在戏称… |
[09:21] | Bobby de niro,marty scorsese. | 比如Bobby De Niro (演员Robert De Niro) Marty Scorsese (导演Martin Scorsese) |
[09:24] | I don’t want to interview a guy who writes books like that. | 我可不想采访写那种书的人 |
[09:27] | You get to write an article,okay? | 嗨 你得去写那文章 知道吗? |
[09:29] | Now go in there with an open mind. | 快进去 放开你的思想 |
[09:32] | He’s actually got a lot to say. | 他肯定有很多话要说 |
[09:46] | Mr. Roth? Hello. | Roth先生? 你好 |
[09:47] | I’m betty suarez. | 我是Betty Suarez |
[09:49] | Um,i’m here to interview you about your new book. | 呃 我要就你的新书来采访你 |
[09:53] | “tap that! –how to score with hot bitches.” | <搞定她!>– 如何把美女骗上床 |
[10:08] | Ugly Betty Season02 Episode13 | 丑女贝蒂 |
[10:11] | “tap that!” | <搞定她!> |
[10:11] | “how to score with hot”– | 如何把… |
[10:12] | yep,i see it.It’s right there. | 是的 我看到了 就在眼前 |
[10:15] | But for the sake of this interview,why don’t we call it something nicer, | 采访时 也许我们可以 给它换个文雅点的称呼 |
[10:18] | Like,uh,”goodbye,columbus so,mr. Roth,what made you decide to write… | 比如 呃… <再见 哥伦布> Roth先生 是什么原因促使你写… |
[10:23] | “goodbye,columbus”? | <再见 哥伦布>? |
[10:24] | Men want to get laid,betty,and i want to help them. | 男人想要做爱 Betty 所以我就帮忙 |
[10:27] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[10:29] | Okay,so,uh,you’re a giver. | 好吧 那么 你很乐善好施 |
[10:30] | Yes,i am. | 是的 没错 |
[10:32] | My technique is simple– approach,subdue,score. | 我的技巧很简单– 接近 征服 上床 |
[10:36] | Easy way to remember it– ass. | 简而言之就是– ASS(屁股) |
[10:39] | Okay. Ass. | 好吧 ASS |
[10:40] | That’s clever. | 很巧妙 |
[10:41] | I think i smell a pulitzer. | 我都闻到普利策奖的味道了 |
[10:44] | Uh,let’s discuss this technique of yours. | 呃 我们来讨论一下你的技巧 |
[10:47] | Most men think that complimenting a woman is the way to land her. Wrong. | 多数男人认为恭维能够得到女人欢心 错! |
[10:52] | My method starts with an e.k. | 我的理论则是从E.K.开始 |
[10:55] | Esteem killer. | Esteem Killer(尊严杀手) |
[10:57] | Esteem… Ller. | Esteem… Killer(尊严杀手) |
[10:59] | The easiest way to bag a woman is to insult her. | 钓到女人最简单的办法就是侮辱她 |
[11:02] | Mr. Roth… | Roth先生… |
[11:03] | Do you actually believe that women fall for that? | 你真的认为女人会因为这个爱上你? |
[11:05] | Betty,are you gonna be long? | Betty 你要花很长时间吗? |
[11:06] | Because calls keep coming in for daniel, | 找Daniel的电话来个不停 |
[11:08] | And i’m finding it really hard to concentrate on my personal issues. | 这扰乱了我干私事 |
[11:13] | That is so great that you’re not worried what that doughnut’s gonna do to your hips. | 哇哦 真是令人敬佩啊! 你竟然不担心甜甜圈会长到你的屁股上 |
[11:19] | What did you just say to m | 你刚才对我说什么? |
[11:21] | now after the e.k.comes the ignoring. | 使出E.K.这招后 接下来是”漠视” |
[11:24] | Wait,so do you think i’m fat? | 等等 你认为我太胖? |
[11:26] | A woman can’t stand it when a guy ignores her. | 女人无法忍受一个男人漠视她 |
[11:28] | Um,pretty girl talking here. Hello. | 呃 美女在跟你说话呢 喂– |
[11:30] | Rock their confidence,and the power is all yours. | 动摇她们的自信 一切就掌握在你手中了 |
[11:32] | Who are you? What’s your name? | 你是谁? 你叫什么名字? |
[11:33] | Why don’t you li | 你为什么不喜欢我? |
[11:36] | usually it doesn’t work that quick. | 通常不会这么快就见效 |
[11:39] | Okay. Uh,great. | 好吧 呃 好极了 |
[11:41] | You know what,mr. Roth? I think i have everything i need. | 知道吗? Roth先生 我想我要的信息都有了 |
[11:43] | – So thank you very much,mr. Roth. – Here,let–let me just,uh… | – 非常感谢 Roth先生 – 让我– 让我 呃… |
[11:47] | “to betty,big love,phil.” | “给Betty 爱你的 Phil” |
[11:51] | thanks. | 谢谢 |
[11:53] | Come on,amanda. | 来吧 Amanda |
[11:54] | No,i think i love him. | 不 我想我爱他 |
[11:58] | Mom,i can’t tonight. | 妈妈 今晚不行 |
[11:59] | I already have dinner plans. | 我已经跟人约好吃晚饭了 |
[12:00] | That’s just terrific. | 这太恐怖了 |
[12:01] | And your sister has her transgender support group. | 你姐姐要参加她的变性互助团体 |
[12:04] | What am i supposed to do? | 那我该做什么? |
[12:05] | You can do anything you’d like. | 你可以做任何你喜欢做的事 |
[12:06] | You know,why don’t you start reconnecting with people? | 怎么不重新开始跟别人联系? |
[12:08] | Call some of your old friends up. | 打电话给你的老朋友 |
[12:10] | Well,i would,except it seems that prison,murder and temporary insanity are a turnoff to the country club set. | 我也想啊 但似乎入狱 谋杀 间歇性精神错乱 把我赶出了社交圈 |
[12:16] | Okay,uh,maybe i can change my plans. | 好吧 呃 也许我可以改变一下计划 |
[12:18] | Oh,don’t bother. | 哦 不用麻烦了 |
[12:19] | I’ll just spend the night cleaning your apartment… Again. | 晚上我还是打扫你的公寓吧 再打扫一次 |
[12:24] | Oh,by the way,i see you still keep your magazines under the mattress, | 噢 对了 我发现你还是把杂志藏在床垫下 |
[12:30] | just like when you were 14. | 跟你14岁时一样 |
[12:32] | Come on,mom. I told you to stay out of my stuff. | 拜托 老妈 我叫你别碰我东西的 |
[12:34] | And don’t go in my top dresser drawer. | 还有 不要翻我桌子的第一个抽屉 |
[12:37] | No,no. Forget i said that. | 不 不 当我没说过 |
[12:38] | Mom,he-hello? | 妈妈 喂–? |
[12:41] | She still snooping? | 她还在到处乱翻? |
[12:42] | Yeah,i have got to get her out of my place. She’s just so lonely these days. | 是啊 我得把她请出我的公寓才是 她这段时间太孤单了 |
[12:46] | Can you look into some of those classes or senior cruises or something? | 能帮我找些兴趣班 或老年交友会或什么的吗? |
[12:50] | All right. No problem. | 好的 没问题 |
[12:51] | – Oh,and,daniel. – Yeah. | – 哦 Daniel – 什么? |
[12:55] | Here you go… | 给你… |
[12:57] | A thousand words. | 一千字 |
[12:58] | You finished your article already. You are eager. | 已经完成了? 你还真上进啊 |
[13:01] | Oh,and,um,this actually is an article about hilda starting her own business. | 哦 呃… 这篇文章写的是Hilda 如何开始经营她自己的事业 |
[13:05] | It’s very woman positive,and i think our readers will respond. | 很激励女性 我想读者会喜欢的 |
[13:08] | Where is my phil roth story? That was the assignment. | 我的Phil Roth访谈在哪里? 那才是你的任务 |
[13:11] | Daniel,i’m sorry. | Daniel 对不起 |
[13:13] | I thought that i was doing an interview with philip roth, | 我以为我要采访的是Philip Roth |
[13:16] | and you were just calling him “phil.” | 只不过你叫他”Phil”而已 |
[13:17] | but i don’t know philip roth. | 我根本不认识Philip Roth |
[13:19] | But you don’t know robert de niro,and you call him “bobby.” | 你也不认识Robert de Niro 但你叫他”Bobby” |
[13:22] | What? | 什么? |
[13:23] | Look,this phil roth guy,he turned out to be a disgusting pig. | 听着 那个Phil Roth 其实是头让人恶心的猪 |
[13:26] | Do you really want to give a guy like that face time in your magazine? | 你真的想让那种人出现在你的杂志里? |
[13:29] | Betty,he writes articles about picking up women. | Betty 他写文章教人怎样泡妞 |
[13:32] | Our readers are women. | 我们的读者是女性 |
[13:33] | Don’t you think they want to know what men are thinking? | 你不认为她们想了解男人的想法吗? |
[13:35] | Well,not when it’s a bunch of misogynist garbage. | 如果是一堆轻视女人的垃圾 我想她们不会想了解 |
[13:38] | Did you even read the book? | 你有读过那本书吗? |
[13:41] | No. | 没有 |
[13:42] | I reread “goodbye,columbus,” but,daniel,i don’t have to read the book. | 我又读了一遍<再见 哥伦布> Daniel 我不用读这本书 |
[13:45] | Just look at the cover. | 看看封面就知道 |
[13:46] | It is a picture of a woman being served on a platter. | 一个女人躺在盘子里等人来吃 |
[13:49] | You are literally judging a book by its cover. | 你以封面来评价一本书 |
[13:51] | She has an apple in her mouth. | 她嘴里咬着苹果!(夏娃的苹果) |
[13:55] | Look,daniel,i just… | 听着 Daniel 我只是… |
[13:58] | I can’t write objectively about a guy i can’t even be in the same room with. | 我甚至无法跟他待在同一间屋子里 我又怎么能客观的评价他? |
[14:04] | Okay. You’re off the assignment. | 好吧 你的任务不用做了 |
[14:07] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[14:09] | Actually… | 其实… |
[14:10] | I didn’t want to say it,but,uh,phil called and asked for a different writer. | 我本来不想说的 但是 呃… Phil打电话来要求换个撰稿人 |
[14:13] | I had fought for you,but i can get someone else. | 我还为你争辩来着 但我能另外找个人 |
[14:15] | What? He asked for another writer? | 什么? 他要求换个撰稿人? |
[14:17] | Yeah. He just felt you were a little,you know,closed-minded. | 是的 他觉得你有点 那个 保守 |
[14:20] | Don’t worry about it. | 别在意 |
[14:21] | Something else will come along that’s a little more you. | 会有别的任务更适合你的 |
[14:24] | Closed-minded? | 保守? |
[14:26] | Why,because i’m skeptical of his ridiculous book? | 凭什么? 就因为我对他的荒唐书持怀疑态度? |
[14:28] | Yeah,and i’m gonna need that list of freelancers,too. | 是的 对了 我需要自由撰稿人的名单 |
[14:31] | No. No. | 不 不 |
[14:33] | I am just as open-minded as the next person. | 我跟别的撰稿人一样开放 |
[14:37] | You know what? | 知道吗? |
[14:38] | I want to do this interview. | 我要做这个采访 |
[14:40] | I’ll even read his stupid book. | 我甚至还会读他这本愚蠢的书 |
[14:42] | You know why? Because i am open-minded. | 知道为什么吗? 因为我思想开放 |
[14:46] | Yep. | 没错! |
[14:51] | Nice place. | 好地方 |
[14:52] | Shut up and kiss me. | 少罗嗦 吻我 |
[14:54] | So… | 那么… |
[14:55] | When you said you wanted dinner… | 你说你想吃饭… |
[14:58] | Oh,yeah. I actually wanted dinner. | 噢 是的 我的确想吃饭 |
[15:02] | And then i saw that fine ass of yours,and i was like,”who the hell needs chicken?” | 然后我看见你的翘屁股 我就想 谁还想吃鸡肉呢? |
[15:07] | Not me. | 我不想 |
[15:09] | I hate chicken. | 我讨厌鸡肉 |
[15:11] | Get in here. | 进去吧 |
[15:38] | I see you met my sister. | 看来你已经见过我姐姐了 |
[15:42] | Now wait a minute. | 等一下 |
[15:44] | Your sister? | 你姐姐? |
[15:45] | How could you neglect to mention that wilhelmina slater is your sister? | 你竟然没告诉我 Wilhelmina Slater是你姐姐? |
[15:49] | Didn’t think it was that big of a deal. | 我不认为这是什么大事 |
[15:50] | Anyone who’s read a paper or watched tv in,like,the last two years knows her history with my family. | 过去2年看过报纸或电视的人 都知道她跟我家的纠葛 |
[15:55] | Look,baby,i’m sorry. | 听着 宝贝 我很抱歉 |
[15:58] | I didn’t plan any of this. | 这些并不是我的预谋 |
[16:00] | I saw you,and i liked you, | 我一看见你 就喜欢上了你 |
[16:02] | and i just thought that telling you i was wilhelmina’s sister would scare you off. | 我只是觉得告诉你 我是Wilhelmina的妹妹 会把你吓跑 |
[16:07] | Well,it did. | 的确会 |
[16:10] | Good-bye,renee. | 再见 Renee |
[16:13] | Leaving so soon? The shower’s free. | 这么快就走了? 浴室现在可以用了 |
[16:16] | By the way,daniel,i… | 对了 Daniel 我… |
[16:18] | Underestimated you. | 低估了你 |
[16:25] | What the hell were you thinking? | 你到底想干什么? |
[16:26] | That you’d react this way. | 就想看你这种反应啊 |
[16:28] | You don’t date daniel meade. | 你不能跟Daniel Meade约会 |
[16:30] | I did you a favor. | 我帮了你的忙 |
[16:32] | You showed up here with no place to stay,and i took you in,and this is how you repay me? | 你跑来这里 没地方住 我收留了你 你就这样报答我? |
[16:37] | Calm down,wilhelmina. | 冷静点 Wilhelmina |
[16:39] | Or should i say wanda? | 或者该叫你Wanda? |
[16:41] | Well,you listen to me,renee,or should i say rhonda? | 哦 你给我听着 Renee 或者我该叫你Rhonda? |
[16:44] | I got a lot going on right now with this baby. | 为了孩子的事情 我现在忙得很 |
[16:46] | And i don’t need any of the meades knowing my business. | 而且我不想让Meades家的任何人 知道我的事 |
[16:50] | Stay away from him. | 离他远点 |
[16:52] | If it weren’t for the crow’s-feet and frown lines, | 如果不是因为那些鱼尾纹和皱纹 |
[16:54] | I’d think you were still the teenage sister trying to boss me around. | 我都觉得你还是那个到处给我下命令的 十几岁大的姐姐了 |
[16:58] | I’ll date whoever i want. | 我会要任何我喜欢的人约会 |
[17:16] | Calcium… | 钙… |
[17:17] | For the little one. | 给小家伙的 |
[17:20] | Wanda. | |
[17:23] | She’s wilhelmina’s sister? | 她是Wilhelmina的妹妹? |
[17:26] | That was a totally fake gasp. | 你这惊讶的表情太做作了 |
[17:27] | I know. | 我知道 |
[17:27] | Christina already told me,but i’m still shocked. | Christina已经告诉我了 但我仍然很惊讶 |
[17:30] | Daniel,you can’t date h | Daniel 你不能跟她约会 |
[17:31] | no,i know. | 不能 我知道 |
[17:32] | Wilhelmina tried to destroy you and your family and your magazine. | Wilhelmina想要毁掉你和你的家庭 还有你的杂志 |
[17:36] | I’m not arguing with you,it just sucks because i really… | 我没有要跟你争辩… 只是我很郁闷 因为我真的… |
[17:41] | I really–i liked renee. | 我真的– 我真的喜欢Renee |
[17:49] | Sorry,dorkstick. I was here first. | 抱歉 笨笨Stick 我先来的 (Henry姓Grabstick) |
[17:50] | Um,clearly,i was here first,because my flyer is underneath yours. | 呃 很显然 是我先来的 因为我的传单在你的下面 |
[17:53] | Which is where it will stay. | 那它就只能贴在那里 |
[17:55] | Look,this is important. | 听着 这很重要 |
[17:56] | I need to find a new lead singer for my band. | 我需要为我的乐队找个新的主唱 |
[17:58] | Well,mine’s more important because i need to find a band to record my song. | 我的更重要 因为我要找个乐队帮我录歌 |
[18:01] | Yeah,well,they’re not gonna allow us to perform if i don’t have a new lead singer. | 是吗 如果没有新的主唱 他们就不让我的乐队演出了 |
[18:04] | And i won’t be able to meet my father if i don’t find a band. | 如果我找不到乐队 我就见不到我的父亲 |
[18:08] | Wait,you need a band? | 等等 你要找个乐队? |
[18:11] | Yes. | 没错 |
[18:12] | Do you know where i can find one? | 你 知 道 哪 里 有 吗? |
[18:19] | ROCK BAND LOOKING FOR SINGER | 摇滚乐队寻找主唱 |
[18:21] | Oh,my god. I need to call these people right away. | 哦 天哪 我要马上给这群人打电话 |
[18:30] | Hello,amanda. | 喂 Amanda |
[18:33] | “tap that!”? | <搞定她!>? |
[18:35] | It’s about tap dancing. | 是关于踢踏舞的 |
[18:36] | – Could i read it after you? – No. | – 你读完后能给我看看吗? – 不行 |
[18:38] | And always remember,tapping is demeaning to women. | 而且要记住 “搞定”是在诋毁女性 |
[18:41] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[18:44] | Okay,that’s your fourth groan. | 好了 这是你第四次叹气了 |
[18:47] | I’m sorry. I can’t help it.Just listen to this. | 很抱歉 我实在忍不住 听听这个 |
[18:49] | “once you’ve learned the art of the ‘nova,’ you can make a woman succumb to your will”? | “一旦你掌握了Nova的精髓” “你就能让任何女人屈服于你的意愿”? |
[18:55] | Nova? I haven’t gotten to that.What is that? | Nova? 我还没读到那里 那是什么意思? |
[18:58] | It means pick up,like casanova or the cheap cars where these guys try and get lucky. | 是指找女人 比如风流浪子(Casanova) 或便宜汽车 只要男人可以占到便宜 |
[19:03] | “i was a complete chump,clueless to the ways of women, | “我曾经是个呆子 对追女人一窍不通” |
[19:06] | but all that changed with my first crit.” | “但在我第一次Crit后 一切都改变了” |
[19:09] | crit? Where’s that? | Crit? 第几章? |
[19:10] | Chapter seven. It means criticism. | 第7章 是指批判 |
[19:13] | This loser actually thinks that insulting a woman will turn the tables and make her want to win you over. | 这个混蛋竟然相信侮辱一个女人 可以扭转局面 使得她想得到你 |
[19:17] | Genius. | 天才 |
[19:18] | – What? – Heinous. | – 什么? – 混蛋 |
[19:23] | This might work on amanda,but i doubt it actually works on real people. | 这招也许对Amanda有用 但我很怀疑它对正常人的是否管用 |
[19:26] | Well,you should go out,see it in action. Come on. | 嗯 你应该出去 实践一下 来吧 |
[19:31] | This could be a big opportunity,and then you can write about it, | 这会是个好机会 实践后你就可以写评论了 |
[19:34] | ‘Cause if it works,you learn something,if it doesn’t,you can call him on it in your article. | 如果真的管用 你也学到了东西 如果行不通 你就可以写文章跟他叫板 |
[19:37] | That’s a great idea. | 好主意! |
[19:39] | All i need is some guy who could actually pull this crap off. | 我需要有人能使这些花招 |
[19:44] | I’ll call gio. | 打电话给Gio |
[19:45] | Wh–gio? Why him? | 什么– Gio? 为什么是他? |
[19:47] | Because he loves this idiot. | 因为他喜欢这个白痴 |
[19:49] | He’s read everything he’s ever written. | 他看了他写的所有书 |
[19:50] | Don’t bother gio. | 不用麻烦Gio |
[19:52] | I can help you with this. | 我来帮你 |
[19:53] | Oh,honey… This isn’t you. | 噢 亲爱的… 你不行 |
[19:55] | Gio is a total dog. He’s perfect. | Gio是个卑鄙小人 他最合适了 |
[20:01] | I think i’m gonna nova that blondie over there. | 我打算去”Nova”那边那个金发美女 |
[20:04] | Gio,don’t you think she’s a little out of your league? | Gio 你不觉得她超过了你的能力范围? |
[20:07] | League? I’m a guy. | 能力范围? 我是个男人 |
[20:08] | The universe is my league. | 整个宇宙都是我的 |
[20:11] | Now watch this. | 等着看吧 |
[20:16] | Well,i hope you’re happy. | 这下你开心了? |
[20:18] | In the seconds i wasted talking to you,some other guy got tre. | 我在浪费时间跟你说话 被人却泡到了她 |
[20:37] | henry,what are you doing here? | Henry 你在这里干什么? |
[20:38] | Helping you. | 帮你啊 |
[20:39] | Statistically speaking,two test subjects increases your chances of valiting this mating theory. | 用数据说话 刚刚的两个测试个对象 于证实这个泡妞理论有利 |
[20:44] | You should open with that. | 你应该以这个作为开场白 |
[20:45] | Chicks love it. | 小妞们喜欢这个 |
[20:46] | Hey,i can “tap that!” Better than you. | 嘿 我”搞定她!”的能力比你强 |
[20:49] | Are you serious? | 你是认真的? |
[20:49] | Serious as a nova. | 绝对认真 |
[20:51] | Okay,guys,no. | 好了 两位 不要争论了 |
[20:53] | – This is my research,not a contest. – Whoever gets the most phone numbers wins. | – 我只是做个调查而已 不是比赛 – 谁拿到的电话号码多 谁就赢 |
[20:56] | Are you serious? | 你们来真的? |
[20:57] | – Game on,sandwich boy. – What? | – 游戏开始 三明治小伙 – 什么? |
[20:59] | Hold on. Henry,you have a girlfriend. | 等等 Henry 你有女朋友的 |
[21:02] | Not tonight,i don’t. | 今晚我没有 |
[21:04] | I-i mean just for the purposes of this research. | 我是说 为了这个调查 |
[21:09] | okay. | 好吧 |
[21:11] | Research. Research. | 调查 调查 |
[21:15] | Oh,um,hello. I,um… | 哦 呃 你好 我 呃… |
[21:22] | Hello. | 你好 |
[21:23] | All right. Catch you later. | 好吧 迟点再找你 |
[21:25] | You have a beautiful face. | 你的脸蛋很漂亮 |
[21:28] | Your doctor did an amazing job. | 你的整形医生不错啊 |
[21:31] | What? | 什么? |
[21:32] | No,you did not just say that. | 你不该这么说吧 |
[21:35] | Cute outfit. | 你穿的很可爱 |
[21:36] | You know,some people may call it slutty,but i think it really works on you. | 有些人可能会认为太放荡 但我觉得很衬你 |
[21:40] | Are you talking to me? | 你在跟我说话吗? |
[21:42] | That is not your real nose. | 你的鼻子整过吧 |
[21:44] | No,it is. | 没有 纯天然的 |
[21:46] | – It totally is. – No. | – 绝对没整过 – 不是吧 |
[21:48] | Slutty would be if it went up to here. | 把裙子拉到这儿才算放荡 |
[21:51] | I don’t know. | 谁知道啊 |
[21:53] | I’m not convinced yet. | 我还不大确定 |
[22:04] | here you go. | 拿着 |
[22:10] | you know,i love that you have a brain. | 知道吗 我就喜欢你有头脑有主见 |
[22:12] | It’s so nice to meet a girl who doesn’t buy into the whole skinny thing. | 能遇到像你这样对瘦美人那套 不感冒的人真是太好了 |
[22:16] | Not all girls have to be pretty. | 谁说所有的女孩都得是美女 |
[22:18] | I am really impressed that you’re not intimidated by all the you women here. | 你并不觉得这些年轻女孩 会抢你风头 真令我印象深刻 |
[22:21] | Man,you’ve got some big feet. | 天啊 你的脚真大 |
[22:28] | I’m gonna write it down. You better not lose it. | 我把号码写给你 你最好别搞丢了 |
[22:30] | Here you go. | 拿好了 |
[22:34] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[22:40] | Hey,what are you still doing here? | 嘿 你怎么还在这里? |
[22:41] | I’m just working late. | 我加班 |
[22:43] | Who is she? | 她是谁? |
[22:44] | You only work late when there’s a woman to hide from. | 你只有躲女人时才会加班 |
[22:47] | It’s mom. | 是妈妈 |
[22:48] | Alexis,you gotta help me. | Alexis 你得帮帮我 |
[22:50] | Please takher for a while. | 让她和你待一阵子 |
[22:51] | No. She’s been staying with me since she was acquitted. | 不要 她无罪释放后 就一直和我待在一起 |
[22:54] | She even came to my transgender support group. | 她甚至来参加我的变性互助组织 |
[22:56] | Everyone kept staring at her,asking who her doctor is. | 大家都盯着她看 打听她的医生是谁 |
[22:59] | Well,what are we gonna do? We gotta get mom a life. | 我们该怎么办? 我们要帮妈妈找回自己的生活 |
[23:01] | We’re not gonna babysit her for the next 30 years. | 我们不能再这样照顾她30年 |
[23:04] | Well,i do eat a lot of cheese. | 好吧 我吃芝士很上瘾 |
[23:07] | Maybe you’ll only be stuck with me for 20. | 也许你们只需要再忍耐我20年 |
[23:09] | Come on,mom. We didn’t mean that. | 好啦妈妈 你知道我们不是那个意思 |
[23:11] | We’re just concerned about you,mom. | 我们只是关心你 妈妈 |
[23:12] | It sounded like it. | 在我听来就是这样 |
[23:14] | I’m so sorry if my trying to rebuild my life is putting a crimp in your social calendar. | 很抱歉我在试图重建自己生活时 给你们的社交生活带来束缚 |
[23:20] | A year ago,i had a husband,friends and a life. | 一年前 我有自己的丈夫 朋友 和生活 |
[23:23] | Now,nothing. | 现在 我一无所有 |
[23:25] | Come on. You still have us. | 别这样 你还有我们 |
[23:27] | Apparently not. | 很显然我没有 |
[23:28] | Look,let’s make this easy. | 这样 我们说白了吧 |
[23:29] | You know how the eskimos get rid of their elders? | 你们知道爱斯基摩人怎么处置老人吗? |
[23:31] | They just put them on an ice floe and give them a little whoosh. | 他们把老人们放在浮冰上 再一下子把冰推开 “嗖-” (任其冻死) |
[23:35] | Now if you’ll excuse me. | 现在我要走了 |
[23:40] | You should probably go talk to her. | 你应该去和她谈谈 |
[23:41] | You should go talk to her. | 你该去和她谈 |
[23:42] | Come on,you’re the daughter. | 行了吧 你是女儿嘛 |
[23:43] | What is that supposed to mean? | 你什么意思? |
[23:46] | Rock,paper,scissors. | 石头 剪子 布 |
[23:48] | Why do i always do rock? | 为什么我每次都出石头? |
[23:54] | So i called you three times,and now i’m stopping by the office. | 我给你打了3通电话 现在我只好来办公室看你 |
[23:57] | Some may say desperate. | 有人会觉得我很绝望 |
[23:59] | I’m hoping you think cute. | 我希望你觉得可爱 |
[24:01] | This isn’t,uh,a good time. | 现在 时机不大合适 |
[24:04] | I don’t know if you know this,but my sister’s not the nicest person. | 我不清楚你是否知道 但我姐姐不是什么好人 |
[24:08] | And… | 而且… |
[24:10] | I knew that hooking up with you would get under her skin. | 我知道和你在一起会把她惹毛 |
[24:13] | So you used me. | 所以你利用我 |
[24:15] | At first,but then i got to know you better, | 起初是 但后来我开始了解你 |
[24:18] | and it became less about wilhelmina and more about you. | 更多的是想和你在一起 而不是为了把Wilhelmina惹毛 |
[24:25] | Renee… | |
[24:27] | It’s just a little too weird. | 我还是觉得有点奇怪 |
[24:29] | Come on. | 别这样 |
[24:31] | I promise the next time i use you,it’ll just be for sex. | 我保证下次只会在性方面”利用”你 |
[24:39] | I’m… I’m sorry. | 我… 很抱歉 |
[24:42] | It’s probably better if we just forget this ever happened. | 也许我们彼此 都忘了发生过的一切 会比较好 |
[25:08] | Four,five,six. | 四 五 六 |
[25:11] | Final tally– gio–six,henry–seven. | 最终得分… |
[25:16] | You win. Yay,henry. | 你赢了 耶 Henry |
[25:18] | Oh,yeah.Seven numbers. Who’s the man? | 太棒了 7个电话号码 谁才是真正的男人? |
[25:20] | Usually not the guy who says,”who’s the man?” | 通常男人可不会说 “谁才是真正的男人?” |
[25:22] | Oh,and look,suzie made her zeroes into little boobs. | 哦 瞧 Suzie把她的0画成乳房的形状 |
[25:26] | She’s a keeper. | 她可是个抢手货 |
[25:30] | What are you doing? | 你要干什么? |
[25:31] | I’m throwing them away. Gio… | 我要把这些扔掉 Gio… |
[25:32] | This was research,not for real. | 这是为了做调查 不是来真的 |
[25:34] | Forget research. | 管他什么调查 |
[25:36] | I earned these. | 这是我挣来的 |
[25:37] | I told that girl over there that i’m going to iraq next week. | 我告诉那边那个姑娘 下周我就要去伊拉克了 |
[25:41] | Gotta strike now. | 现在得趁热打铁 |
[25:43] | Classy. | 经典 |
[25:44] | Wellwhat’d you think? | 你觉得怎么样? |
[25:46] | I was pretty good out there,huh? | 我干的不错吧? |
[25:47] | Ooh,congratulations,henry. | 恭喜你 Henry |
[25:48] | You managed to set back the feminist movement 50 years. | 你成功地令女权运动倒退50年 |
[25:51] | Hey,it wasn’t me. It’s that bo. | 嘿 不关我的事 是那本书 |
[25:53] | You’re just mad because it worked. | 你抓狂是因为它写的很对 |
[25:54] | I’m upset about lot of things,henry. | 我烦的事多着呢 Henry |
[25:56] | Let’s just go. | 我们走吧 |
[26:02] | I just can’t believe this phil roth guy was right. | 真不敢相信这个Phil Roth居然是对的 |
[26:05] | These poor women,they’re being played and they don’t even know it. | 可怜的女人们 被人玩弄还浑然不知 |
[26:08] | Ay,please,betty. They know exactly what they’re doing. | 拜托啦 Betty 她们很清楚男人们在做什么 |
[26:10] | They just don’t want the guys to know it. | 她们只是不想让男人们知道这一点 |
[26:12] | That way they have all the power. | 这样女人才能掌控一切 |
[26:14] | It’s not a bad book. | 那本书不算糟糕 |
[26:15] | You read it? | 你读过吗? |
[26:16] | I thumbed through it. | 我随便翻了翻 |
[26:18] | Papi has it now. | 爸爸正在看呢 |
[26:19] | And the world is over. | 全乱套了 |
[26:21] | Betty,guys need stuff like that book. | Betty 男人们需要那样的书 |
[26:23] | It gives them the confidence to talk to girls. | 给他们和女孩们搭讪的信心 |
[26:25] | Otherwise they’d just be staring at our boobs. | 否则他们只会盯着女人的胸部看 |
[26:27] | And now they insult them. | 现在他们开始侮辱女人 |
[26:29] | At least they’re talking. | 至少他们有搭讪 |
[26:30] | So you’re actually saying that this is a positive thing. | 所以你的意思是 这是个好现象 |
[26:32] | I’m just saying be a little open-minded. | 我的意思是 让自己的思想开放点 |
[26:37] | Oh,no. You gotta get that. | 哦 不 你去开门吧 |
[26:40] | Daniel. | |
[26:41] | I’m sorry to bother you. | 我很抱歉打扰你 |
[26:42] | I’ve just been driving around for hours,and i don’t really know where to go right now. | 我开车兜了好几个小时 不知道现在能去哪里 |
[26:47] | Um,clearly. | 很显然 |
[26:48] | You are in jackson heights at night,alone,in a car that cost more than this house. | 你晚上出现在Jackson高地 独自一人 开的车比我们家房子都值钱 |
[26:52] | Daniel,i’mtempted to jump you. | Daniel 我真想打劫你 |
[26:56] | What? You think gorgeous just happens? | 怎么了? 你觉得不保养就能那么光彩照人吗? |
[27:00] | I’m just so confused,betty. | 我只是很困惑 Betty |
[27:02] | So… Is this about renee? | 好吧… 是因为Renee吗? |
[27:05] | Look,i-i know she’s wilhelmina’s sister,and… | 我- 我知道她是Wilhelmina的妹妹 而且… |
[27:09] | This is wrong in so many ways,but i can’t stop thinking about her. | 不管怎么说都是不对的 但我忍不住一直想她 |
[27:17] | Well,then maybe you should go for it. | 那么 也许你该去找她 |
[27:21] | What? | 怎么? |
[27:23] | Maybe i was wrong about what i said earlier. | 也许之前我说过的话是错的 |
[27:25] | I mean,look at hilda. | 我是说 你看Hilda |
[27:26] | We are nothing alike. | 我们一点也不像 |
[27:28] | And you and alexis? | 还有你和Alexis? |
[27:31] | Who’s to say renee is anything like wilhelmina? | 谁说Renee一定会像Wilhelmina? |
[27:35] | If you really like her,then give it a chance. | 如果你真的喜欢她 就给彼此一个机会 |
[27:37] | Who knows what it could turn into? | 谁知道结果会怎样? |
[27:50] | Don’t touch the yogurt,christina. | 别碰优酪乳 Christina |
[27:52] | I don’t eat breakfast,but i have it there so i know what i’m depriving myself of. | 我不吃早餐 但我留着它 提醒自己少吃了多少好东西 |
[27:57] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[27:58] | Sorry,i already agu the yort. | 抱歉 我吃了你的优酪乳 |
[28:01] | You can lick the spoon if you’d like. | 勺子上还剩了点 如果你愿意舔的话 |
[28:02] | What the hell are you doing here? | 你在这儿干什么? |
[28:04] | Your sister. That’s right. | 你妹妹啊 你没猜错 |
[28:07] | We’re back together. | 我们复合了 |
[28:09] | We did it on your couch,too,and your table. | 我们在你沙发上做过 还有桌子上 |
[28:12] | Oh,and one more place that i’m not gonna tell you about. | 哦 还有一个地方 我就不说了 |
[28:16] | You’re really enjoying this,aren’t you? | 你很享受嘛 是不是? |
[28:17] | You think it’s too early to start planning family vacations? | 你觉得现在就计划家庭假期会不会太早? |
[28:20] | You’re a fool,daniel. | 你是个白痴 Daniel |
[28:21] | You have no idea what you’re getting yourself into. | 你完全不清楚自己在做什么 |
[28:25] | But i promise you,you’ll regret it. | 我向你保证 你会后悔的 |
[28:34] | * gene simmons * | (喷火和吐血是Gene Simmons的绝技) |
[28:37] | * fire breather * | * 你会喷火 * |
[28:40] | * blood spitter * | * 你会吐血 * |
[28:43] | * i am your little girl * | * 我是你的宝贝女儿 * |
[28:55] | ah,i just feel like i’ve heard that before. | 我觉得以前在哪儿听过 |
[28:57] | – This is too hard. – Okay,okay. | – 太难了 – 好吧 好吧 |
[28:59] | Maybe we need to approach this differently. | 也许我们需要换种策略 |
[29:01] | If gene simmons were here right now,what would you say to him from your heart? | 如果Gene Simmons此刻在你面前 你会对他说些什么 发自心底的? |
[29:16] | * A PSYCHIC TOLD ME YOUR NAME,AND I WAS GLAD * | * 灵媒给我你的信息 我很开心 * |
[29:19] | * YOU DIDN’T RETURN MY CALLS,AND I GOT SAD * | * 你却不回我的电话 我很伤心 * |
[29:21] | * I PROMISE IF YOU MEET ME, I WON’T BE BAD * | * 要是我们见面 你的话我都听 * |
[29:24] | * I JUST WANT A CHANCE TO CALL YOU * * MY FATHER * | * 我只想叫你声爸爸 发自内心 * |
[29:35] | I can only hope | 我真希望 |
[29:37] | that one day i’ll have an illegitimate daughter who’ll sing me a song that’s that beautiful. | 某天我能有个私生女 为我唱这么美丽的歌 |
[29:43] | Oh,sweetie. | 哦 亲爱的 |
[29:45] | Oh,i know. | 哦 我知道 |
[29:51] | Hey,have you talked to mom? | 嘿 你跟妈妈谈过了吗? |
[29:52] | I’ve been calling her. | 我一直在给她打电话 |
[29:53] | No,i tried her a couple of times,too. | 还没有 我也打过几次 |
[29:55] | She hasn’t called me back. | 她还没回复 |
[29:56] | Oh,great. Now she’s off sulking somewhere. | 太好了 她现在不知躲在哪里生闷气呢 |
[29:59] | Maybe we did kind of blow it. I mean,she’s always been there for us. | 也许我们真的很差劲 我是说 她一直在我们身边支持我们 |
[30:02] | That’s true. | 那倒是 |
[30:03] | Think of all the nights we were sick. | 想想我们生病的那些晚上 |
[30:04] | She’d stay up all night taking care of us. | 她彻夜不睡 照顾我们 |
[30:07] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[30:08] | Wait,that wasn’t mom. That was the nanny. | 等等 那不是妈妈 那是保姆 |
[30:11] | Well,still,it’s nice she hired such a caring nanny. | 好吧 她能雇到这么负责的保姆也很好啊 |
[30:14] | I’ve got news for you. | 我这儿有点新闻 |
[30:15] | She wasn’t that caring. | 她可没那么负责 |
[30:17] | She used to tie you to each other and go to the movies. | 她曾经把你们绑在一起 自己去看电影 |
[30:21] | I thought that was a game. | 我还以为那是个游戏 |
[30:23] | Mom,why didn’t you return our calls? | 妈妈 你为什么不回我们电话? |
[30:25] | Because i’ve been too busy at that stupid knitting class you signed me up for. Here. | 因为我忙着上你们帮我注册的 那个白痴编织班 拿着 |
[30:31] | It was going to be a scarf until i realized how much i hated knitting. | 本来是要织条围巾 可我发现我讨厌编织 |
[30:33] | But the good news– i figured out what i’m going to do with the rest of my life. | 好消息是… 我想明白我的余生要做什么了 |
[30:39] | What? | 什么? |
[30:40] | There were all these women in this class,and they were just like me. | 班上全是我这样的女人 大家的情况都一样 |
[30:43] | Their children were done with them,and they were bored. | 她们的孩子受够了她们 她们很无聊 |
[30:46] | So i got to thinking,we’re not dead yet. | 所以我在想 我们还没死呢 |
[30:49] | There’s got to be more out there than knitting and bingo. So… | 除了编织总有事情可做 所以… |
[30:54] | I’m going to start a magazine. | 我打算创办杂志 |
[30:58] | A magazine? | 杂志? |
[30:59] | It’s for women of a certain age who aren’t ready for that ice floe. | 针对那些没有老到 需要走上浮冰的女人们 |
[31:04] | I’m going call it… | 我要命名为… |
[31:06] | “hot flash.” | <潮热> (女性更年期症状之一) |
[31:09] | mom… | 妈妈… |
[31:10] | I-i think it’s great that you’re trying to keep busy,but starting up a magazine isn’t that simple. | 我认为你想照找点事干是件好事 但办杂志可不是那么简单 |
[31:15] | Oh,darling,do you think i was married to your father for all those years | 哦 亲爱的 你觉得我嫁给你们爸爸那么多年 |
[31:17] | Without learning a thing or two about this business? | 就没学到一点怎么做这行生意吗? |
[31:20] | I’m going to need an assistant,a full-time production staff, | 我需要一名助手 和全职制作班底 |
[31:23] | a suite of offices– the seventh floor will be fine. | 一套办公室… 7楼正好 |
[31:25] | – Mom- – and i’m going to need some start-up capital. | – 妈妈… – 我还需要一些启动资金 |
[31:29] | Let’s see how long $2 million lasts me. | 我们看看2百万美元能让我撑多久 |
[31:32] | Maybe we should have dinner first and just talk about this. | 也许我们该先一起吃顿饭 好好谈谈 |
[31:35] | I’d love to,kids,but i don’t have time. Toodles. | 孩子们 我耶想啊 但我没时间 再见 |
[31:42] | – “hot flash.” | – “hot flash.” – <潮热> – <潮热> |
[31:44] | Oh,i’d tap that. | 哦 我要搞定她 |
[31:46] | Hello,mr. Roth. | 你好 Roth先生 |
[31:48] | Thank you for… | 很感谢你… |
[31:50] | Meeting with me… Again. | 再次… 接受我的采访 |
[31:52] | I’ve seen your book in action,and as hard as this is for me to admit, | 您的书经过实践的检验之后 虽然我个人很难接受 |
[31:59] | it actually works…On some girls. | 但你的方法确实有效… 在某些女孩身上 |
[32:05] | That is really cool of you to admit that. | 听到你这样说我真高兴 |
[32:07] | You know,smart girls usually don’t get it. | 要知道 聪明的女孩通常不吃这套 |
[32:11] | Right. | 没错 |
[32:12] | Well,you can rest assured that the article will be totally unbiased, | 现在你可以放心 我写的这篇文章绝对客观 |
[32:15] | And you should also know that your concerns were completely unwarranted. | 说真的 你的担心是完全没有根据的 |
[32:21] | What c-concerns? | 什么担心? |
[32:22] | You know,the ones you expressed to daniel about me not being open-minded enough to write this article. | 你和Daniel说过 说我思想保守 写不了这篇文章 |
[32:28] | I don’t know what you’re talking about ’cause i-i never s– i never said that. | 我不知道你在说什么 我从来- 我从来没有说过那些话 |
[32:30] | What? | 什么? |
[32:32] | No,daniel said that you– | 不对 Daniel说你– |
[32:36] | Maybe you’re not so smart after all. | 看来你还不够聪明 |
[32:40] | Sounds like somebody got played. | 看来某人被捉弄了 |
[32:46] | good morning,daniel. | Daniel 早上好 |
[32:47] | I got you a treat. | 我给你买了点吃的 |
[32:49] | Cinnamon twist! | 甜肉桂麻花! |
[32:50] | I love cinnamon twists. | 我喜欢吃甜肉桂麻花 |
[32:51] | Well,you’re not getting it. | 我不打算给你 |
[32:52] | Do we always have to play these games when you’re mad at me? | 你为什么总要玩这种小把戏 来表达你对我的不满呢? |
[32:55] | Oh,you’re one to talk about games. | 你还好意思和我说小把戏 |
[32:57] | Let’s see,you told me that phil roth said i was closed-minded,but he never said that. | 你告诉我 Phil Roth说我思想保守 但实际上他并没那么说 |
[33:03] | Okay,yes,you’re right. | 好了 对 他没说 |
[33:05] | Can i please have the cinnamon twist? | 那我能吃这甜肉桂麻花了吗? |
[33:07] | No. Is that it?That’s all? | 不能 你要说的就是这些了吗? |
[33:08] | You’re not even gonna try to deny it? | 你没有想过要否认? |
[33:10] | Look,i said it because i couldn’t think of anything else to get you to write the article. | 听着 我这样做是因为我没别的办法 说服你写这篇文章 |
[33:14] | What? | 什么? |
[33:14] | Betty,you were quitting because you were uncomfortable. | Betty 你不想写是因为你不喜欢他 |
[33:17] | Now if you want to be a real writer,you can’t always write about your neighborhood | 既然你想成为一个真正的作家 就不能总写你身边的事 |
[33:21] | and your family and–and kittens. | 你的家人和– 和小猫 |
[33:23] | Well,what’s wrong with writing about that? | 那 写那些东西有什么问题吗? |
[33:25] | That’s what i know. | 我熟悉他们 |
[33:26] | And who doesn’t like kittens? | 又有谁不喜欢小猫了? |
[33:28] | There’s nothing wrong with writing about what you know. | 你写自己熟悉的东西没有错 |
[33:29] | I’m just saying you should try to know more,step outside your comfort zone. | 我只是觉得你应该多作尝试 你应该走出你的小圈子 |
[33:34] | And you did. | 而你做到了 |
[33:35] | Betty,your article– it’s good. | Betty 你的文章– 写得很好 |
[33:38] | Really? | 真的? |
[33:40] | – You liked it? – Yeah. | – 你喜欢? – 对 |
[33:42] | I’m getting published? | 那我可以登上杂志了? |
[33:44] | Actually,uh,you’re not getting published. | 实际上 还不可以 |
[33:47] | Why? | 为什么? |
[33:48] | Alexis pulled the story. | Alexis把它拉掉了 |
[33:49] | I guess when she was a guy she loved phil roth,and as a woman,she thinks he’s kind of a pig. | 我猜 她还是男人时 她喜欢Phil Roth 可现在她是女人 她觉得他很猥琐 |
[33:55] | You’re kidding me,right? | 你在逗我玩呢 对吧? |
[33:57] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[33:58] | But you did do a fantastic job. | 但你真的做得很好 |
[34:01] | And i promise,there’s gonna be other assignments,better ones. | 我可以保证 以后会有更好的任务 |
[34:06] | All right. This totally sucks. | 好吧 虽然这让人沮丧 |
[34:11] | But,daniel,thank you for having faith in me. | 但是 Daniel 谢谢你肯定我的能力 |
[34:22] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[34:26] | Why are you doing long division? | 为什么你在做算术题? |
[34:29] | It calms me. | 它能让我冷静下来 |
[34:31] | Do not be nervous about the band tonight. | 别担心今晚的乐队表演 |
[34:33] | There is no way that amanda could possibly be worse than clyde. | Amanda绝对不会比Clyde差的 |
[34:37] | I can ask hilda to come with. | 我可以让Hilda过来捧场 |
[34:39] | Oh,and i can call gio. | 哦 还要把Gio叫上 |
[34:40] | He’ll bring one of those girls he met at the bar. | 他会把上次在那里找的女伴带过来的 |
[34:42] | Oh,you know,i’m good. | 哦 没关系的 |
[34:45] | I put up a lot of posters in the village. | 我在街上贴了很多海报 |
[34:47] | Yeah,but if he brings someone,then that’s 20 extra bucks. | 是吗 可要是他带了伴来 你就会增加20块额外收入 |
[34:53] | Henry,are you serious? | Henry 你是认真的? |
[34:55] | Lo,you cannot be so competitive with him. | 你没必要跟他争 |
[34:58] | I have to be. | 我不得不 |
[35:01] | Why? | 为什么? |
[35:02] | Because,betty,he’s always around,and i trust you completely. | 因为 Betty 他总在你身边转 我完全信任你 |
[35:07] | I just don’t trust him. | 但我无法信任他 |
[35:08] | So what,you think he’s gonna walk over and knock me on the head with a club and drag me back to his cave? | 那又怎样 你认为他会一棒子把我打晕 再把我搬回他家吗? |
[35:13] | I do have some say in it. | 我可是有判断力的 |
[35:15] | It’s just hard. | 可我还是很难接受 |
[35:17] | Look,do you remember how you felt at the bar watching me hit on all those women? | 你还记得在酒吧里看到 我被其他女人团团围住时的感觉吗? |
[35:21] | That’s how i feel every time i see gio around you. | 每次当Gio在你身边时 我就是这种感觉 |
[35:25] | Well… I hate that you feel that way. | 哦… 我不喜欢你这样想 |
[35:29] | I’m sorry. I hate it,too. | 抱歉 我也不喜欢 |
[35:34] | Look,i-i don’t want anything to get in the way of the little time that we have left together. | 听着 我也不想有什么妨碍我们 毕竟我们能在一起的时间很少了 |
[35:40] | I just won’t see him anymore. | 我以后不再见他了 |
[35:42] | Now i feel stupid. | 我觉得自己很过分 |
[35:44] | I know how much you love his chicken salad. | 我知道你很喜欢他的鸡肉沙拉 |
[35:47] | Yeah,but i love you more. | 对 可我更喜欢你 |
[35:53] | You will learn how to make chicken salad,though,won’t you? | 你会为我学做鸡肉沙拉的 对吧? |
[35:58] | Okay,remember,look into the camera,avoid your bad angles, | 好了 记住 看着镜头 避开不好的角度 |
[36:01] | and i did everything i could,but this lighting is not your friend. | 我会尽力而为 不过这些灯光跟你不称 |
[36:03] | Marc,i’m really nervous. | Marc 我很紧张 |
[36:05] | You have nothing to be nervous about. | 你没什么好紧张的 |
[36:07] | Except for your voice,you’re a great singer. | 只要把歌唱好就行 你一定可以的 |
[36:10] | – Ready? – Yeah. | – 准备好了吗? – 行了 |
[36:11] | Hello,beer hole. | 你们好啊 “啤酒洞”的朋友们 |
[36:13] | Are you ready to rock and/or roll? | 你们对接下来的震撼演出做好准备没? |
[36:19] | Okay,go. | 好 你下去吧 |
[36:22] | This one goes out to you,daddy. | 这首歌是为你而作的 爸爸 |
[36:26] | It’s mandy,bitch. | 我就是Mandy 听好了 |
[36:29] | * LATE ONE NIGHT * | * 1981年 * |
[36:30] | * BACK IN ’81 * | * 那是一个深夜 * |
[36:33] | * AT STUDIO 54 * | * 就在54俱乐部 * |
[36:39] | * GENE SIMMONS * | |
[36:41] | * AND HIS TWEETY BIRD TATTOO * | * 带着他的Tweety鸟纹身 * |
[36:44] | * WAS OUT LOOKIN’ SCORE * | * 在外出寻找猎物 * |
[36:52] | Excuse me,ma’am. You’re in my way. | 不好意思 这位女士 你挡着我了 |
[36:56] | Do you mind? | 那又怎样? |
[36:57] | She’s singing about me. | 她唱的是我 |
[36:59] | No. She’s singing about gene simmons. | 不 她唱的是Gene Simmons |
[37:06] | * BREATHING FIRE * * SPITTING BLOOD * | * 气息如火 * * 血脉喷张 * |
[37:10] | * MAKING SWEET LOVE * * TO MY MOM FEY SOERS * | * 跟我老妈Fey Sommers尽情缠绵 * |
[37:14] | * BREATHING FIRE * * SPITTING BLOOD! * | * 气息如火 * * 血脉喷张! * |
[37:18] | * MAKING SWEET LOVE * * TO MY MOM FEY SOMMERS * | * 跟我老妈Fey Sommers尽情缠绵 * |
[37:22] | * THAT’S WHY * | * 这就是为何 * |
[37:24] | * GENE SIMMONS IS MY DADDY * | * Gene Simmons是我老爸 * |
[37:28] | * GENE SIMMONS IS MY DADDY * | * Gene Simmons是我老爸 * |
[37:32] | * THE DEMON GENE IS IN MY GENES * * BECAUSE HE GOT IN MY MAMA’S JEANS * | * 我体内有他的魔鬼基因 因他俘获了我老妈的心* |
[37:35] | * THAT’S WHY GENE SIMMONS * | * 这就是为何Gene Simmons * |
[37:39] | * IS MY DADDY * | * 是我老爸 * |
[38:00] | Daddy? | 老爸? |
[38:02] | – Daughter? – Amanda. | – 女儿? |
[38:03] | Amanda. | |
[38:04] | I can’believe you came. | 我真不敢相信你来了 |
[38:05] | How did you know we were doing this? | 你怎么知道我们在弄这个的? |
[38:07] | Oh,i google myself every morning. | 哦 我每天早上都会google一下自己 |
[38:09] | Me,too. | 我也是 |
[38:10] | You know,the detail of that song,it was spot-on. | 你知道吗 这首歌所说的细节全都没错 |
[38:13] | You can’t forget a night like that,or a woman like fey. | 我很难忘记那么美好的一晚 还有Fey那样的女人 |
[38:16] | Man,cher was so pissed off. | 天啊 雪儿当时很生气 (Cher- 歌手 Gene Simmons的情人) |
[38:19] | So it’s true. | 那么这是真的了 |
[38:21] | You’re my father. | 你就是我的父亲 |
[38:24] | Oh,my god. I found you. | 哦 天啊 我终于找到你了 |
[38:33] | I’ll tell you what,let’s get outta here. | 我说 我们先离开这里吧 |
[38:35] | Maybe we’ll catch up? | 我们可以慢慢聊 |
[38:36] | I know we both have some questions. Come on. | 我想我们都有问题要问 来吧 |
[38:43] | Where is amanda going with gene simmons? | Amanda要跟Gene Simmons去哪里? |
[38:45] | Who’s gonna sing? | 那谁来唱? |
[38:46] | Henry! You! | Henry! 你啊! |
[38:49] | Are you kidding? | 你在开玩笑吗? |
[38:50] | On stage,alone? | 上台唱歌 就我一个? |
[38:51] | Well,what,are you afraid? | 怎么了 你害怕? |
[38:52] | Yes. Yes,i am afraid. | 对 对 我害怕 |
[38:54] | I’m terrified. | 还被吓到了 |
[38:55] | Well,then all the more reason for you to do it. | 那你就更要克服它 |
[38:57] | It’ll be good for you. | 这对你有好处 |
[38:59] | There is only one way that i’m doing this. | 要我上去只有一个办法 |
[39:09] | * it takes two to make a thing go right * | |
[39:14] | * it takes two to make it outta sight * | |
[39:17] | hit it! | 接着唱啊! |
[39:18] | * i wanna rock right now * | |
[39:19] | * i’m rob base and i came to get down * | |
[39:22] | * i’m not internationally known * | |
[39:24] | * but i’m known to rock a microphone * | |
[39:25] | * because i get stupid, i mean outrageous * | |
[39:28] | * stay away from me if you’re contagious * | |
[39:30] | * ’cause i’m the winner, no,i’m not a loser * | |
[39:32] | * to be an m.c. is what i choose-a * | |
[39:34] | * ladies love me, girls adore me * | |
[39:36] | * i mean even the ones who never saw me like… * | |
[39:39] | * the way that i rhyme at a show * | |
[39:41] | * the reason why… * | |
[39:41] | * man,i don’t know * | |
[39:42] | * so let’s go ’cause * | |
[39:46] | * it takes two to make a thing go right * | |
[39:50] | * it takes two to make it outta sight * | |
[39:54] | * it takes two to make a thing go right * | |
[39:58] | * it takes two to make it outta sight * | |
[40:06] | Oh,don’t wait up. | 噢 今晚别等我回来了 |
[40:08] | I’m having drinks with daniel. | 我要和Daniel出去喝一杯 |
[40:10] | You know,if you really want to make it work with daniel, | 如果你真的想和Daniel在一起 |
[40:13] | it’s gonna require a bit of honesty. | 那就得诚实一点 |
[40:15] | I certainly hope he never discovers… | 我真心希望他不会发现… |
[40:18] | The truth about you. | 你的秘密 |