时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:11] | We need to find a surrogate we can control | 我们得找个听话的代孕妈妈 |
[00:13] | Someone who’s desperate for money. | 会为了钱不顾一切的 |
[00:15] | I’m the editor-in-chief of “mode “ | 现在我才是《风尚》的总编 |
[00:17] | And this office is now a nursery. | 而这间办公室是我的育儿室 |
[00:19] | But I’m your father you are my son | 我是你父亲 你是我儿子 |
[00:21] | and we’re in this together. | 我们是一家人 |
[00:23] | You’re telling me that you’re married? | 你说你结婚了 |
[00:24] | I just wanted you to know | 我只是想你知道 |
[00:26] | because I feel like I’m falling for you. | 因为我真的爱上你了 |
[00:28] | Betty hey! welcome to our new home. | 贝蒂 欢迎来到我们的新家 |
[00:31] | I really want to take on more responsibility. | 我真的很想尽更多的努力 |
[00:33] | I just… I thought that that was gonna be at “mode.” | 只是 我以为会是在《风尚》 |
[00:50] | Daniel | 丹尼尔 |
[00:51] | When I said that “player” magazine | 我说《种马》杂志 |
[00:53] | should show women in a more professional light | 应该更多的展现职业女性的风采 |
[00:55] | this isn’t exactly what I had in mind. | 可不是这个调调 |
[00:58] | Betty that’s your concept | 贝蒂 那是你的点子 |
[00:59] | america’s hottest lawyers. | 全美最火辣的律师 |
[01:01] | I pihed america’s top female attorneys. | 我是说全美最顶级的女律师 |
[01:05] | Look I know this is “player” magazine | 虽然这是男性杂志 |
[01:07] | But does every spread have to be women in skimpy bras? | 但有必要每页都是美女顶着胸罩上阵吗 |
[01:11] | You know what? you’re right. I hadn’t thought of that. | 你说得对 我还真没想到 |
[01:14] | -Let’s lose those bras please. -lose ’em. | -请摘掉胸罩 -摘掉胸罩 |
[01:16] | No that’s not what I meant! | 不要 我不是这意思 |
[01:23] | That’s not what I meant. | 我不是这意思 |
[01:26] | What are you working on? | 你在研究什么 |
[01:29] | Nothing. just doodling you know. | 没什么 随便写写 |
[01:31] | Is that “mode”? | 是《风尚》吗 |
[01:32] | No it’s just | 不 这只是 |
[01:34] | it’s just the mock-up for wilhelmina’s first issue You know. | 这是威廉敏娜第一期杂志的样刊 |
[01:36] | I knew it daniel. | 我明白 丹尼尔 |
[01:37] | a part of you wants to be back at “mode.” | 你心里还是有点想回《风尚》 |
[01:39] | No look. I just want to see what wilhelmina’s up to. | 不 我只是想看看威廉敏娜要干什么 |
[01:42] | You know exactly what she’s up to | 你知道她想干什么 |
[01:43] | firing scheming | 裁员 耍阴谋 |
[01:45] | Looking for a pupp to kick. | 欺凌弱小 |
[01:47] | Well then I’m happy to be away from it. | 我很高兴能离她远远的 |
[01:50] | See? happy. | 看我 高兴死了 |
[01:56] | It’s daniel’s copy of the mock-up. | 这是丹尼尔的那本样刊 |
[01:59] | crap. I forgot we still send it to him. | 糟糕 我忘记还有寄杂志给他 |
[02:01] | I’ll make sure we take him off the list. | 不会再寄给他了 |
[02:03] | no. that’s not why I here. | 不 我不是为这个而来 |
[02:05] | You see alexis there are a lot of notes in here | 你看 亚历克西斯 这里有很多批注 |
[02:06] | and they’re good. | 写得很棒 |
[02:08] | I’m sure he has a lot of notes. | 我知道他挑了很多毛病 |
[02:10] | It’s wilhelmina’s first issue | 这是威廉敏娜的第一期杂志 |
[02:11] | and he hates wilhelmina. | 而他恨威廉敏娜 |
[02:13] | No see | 不 听着 |
[02:13] | These aren’t the notes of somebody who wants to get to wilhelmina. | 这可不是给威廉敏娜故意挑刺 |
[02:17] | “cover is too obscure. will it sell? | 封面太暗淡 能吸引眼球吗 |
[02:19] | Pull up key ads. where is ‘”mode” girl on madison’?” | 拿掉重点广告商 《风尚》女孩的平民风去哪儿了 |
[02:22] | Alexis he cares about this magazine. | 亚历克西斯 他关心这本杂志 |
[02:25] | He misses “mode.” | 他想念《风尚》 |
[02:26] | I mean he won’t admit it but he belongs here. | 虽然他不会承认 但他属于这里 |
[02:30] | I appreciate your loyalty to your boss betty | 我很欣赏你对老板的忠心 贝蒂 |
[02:32] | But daniel doesn’t work at “mode” anymore. | 但丹尼尔不在《风尚》做了 |
[02:37] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[02:38] | Well thanks for your time. | 耽误你的时间了 |
[02:50] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[02:51] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[02:52] | What’s more romantic than lunch on foot | 没什么比欣赏着里克尔斯岛的风景 |
[02:54] | with a view of rikers island? | 一边散步一边吃午餐更浪漫了 |
[03:01] | You know you deserve better than week-old lamb. | 你值得比这更好的 |
[03:06] | Yeah. | 那是 |
[03:07] | How about… | 不如 |
[03:10] | A real date? | 来一次真的约会 |
[03:12] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[03:13] | Yeah jill got called for a layover flight leaving wednesday morning. | 吉尔被临时派去飞周三早上走的滞留航班 |
[03:17] | I’m thinking maybe wednesday night | 我想 也许周三晚上 |
[03:19] | we could do something special. | 我们可以来点特别的 |
[03:25] | Hey. what–what happened to the smile? | 怎么不笑了 |
[03:28] | No nothing. | 没 没什么 |
[03:29] | I just try to forget that you have a wife | 我只是想忘记你是有老婆的人 |
[03:32] | but… you have a wife. | 但你毕竟是有妇之夫 |
[03:35] | And I told you how things stand. | 我告诉过你实情的 |
[03:37] | Coach | 教练 |
[03:38] | Everything that you said to me about | 你对我说过的一切 |
[03:40] | about us having a future together | 那些我们将来会在一起的话 |
[03:42] | just be honest with me | 老实告诉我 |
[03:45] | is that for real? | 是认真的吗 |
[03:49] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[03:50] | You’re not the other woman. | 你跟别的女人不一样 |
[03:52] | You’re the only woman. | 你是我心中的唯一 |
[03:56] | But if you take this shot and put it right here | 如果选用这张照片 放在那个位置 |
[03:58] | It draws your eye right to the ad. | 就能吸引读者看广告 |
[04:00] | alexis we go to print tonight. | 亚历克西斯 杂志今天晚上就要印刷了 |
[04:02] | My launch party’s in two days. | 两天后就要举行发布会 |
[04:04] | There’s time. and what about this cover? | 还有时间 再看封面 |
[04:06] | Angelina jolie in a block of ice? | 安吉丽娜·朱莉整个蒙在冰下面? |
[04:08] | I mean do you have a shot that’s a little less arty? | 这张照片实在有点缺乏艺术感 |
[04:12] | Or at least one where you can see who it is? | 至少要能看清她的脸吧 |
[04:14] | Wait a minute. those aren’t your notes | 等等 这些不是你的批注 |
[04:19] | the rounded o’s of a stunted adolescent | 发育不良 又矮又胖的”O” |
[04:22] | The stiff t’s of someone who’s clearly overcompensating. | 护短自负 又僵又直的”T” |
[04:26] | This is daniel’s handwriting. | 这是丹尼尔的笔迹 |
[04:28] | J’accuse. | 强烈谴责 |
[04:30] | yes these are daniel’s notes | 是 这些是丹尼尔写的 |
[04:31] | and I happen to agree with them. | 而我恰好很赞同他的观点 |
[04:32] | Why is he even giving you notes? | 他为什么要把这些给你 |
[04:34] | he isn’t. | 他没有 |
[04:35] | Betty found them and brought them to me. | 是贝蒂找到 拿来给我的 |
[04:37] | Now why don’t you put your ego aside for a second | 就不能暂时撇开你的骄傲 |
[04:39] | and just admit that your issue needs help? | 承认你的杂志需要提点吗 |
[04:42] | I mean where’s our “‘mode’ girl on madison” feature? | 《风尚》的亲民风格哪里去了 |
[04:44] | Who cares what the average woman wears on the street? | 谁管大街上那些普通女人穿什么 |
[04:47] | We shouldn’t be taking their pictures. | 我们不该放上她们的照片 |
[04:48] | We should be throwing rocks at them. | 我们应当猛烈抨击她们 |
[04:49] | I think our readers like it. | 可读者喜欢 |
[04:51] | Our readers like what I tell them to like. | 我说什么 她们就喜欢什么 |
[04:53] | Look we agreed that “mode” needed a kick in the ass. | 我们都同意《风尚》需要改革 |
[04:56] | I’m giving it a kick in the ass. | 我正是在改革 |
[04:58] | I never tire of you saying that. | 这话真是百听不厌 |
[05:01] | Just take a look at daniel’s notes. | 好好看看丹尼尔的评语 |
[05:03] | Of course. | 我会的 |
[05:05] | -Well she -I see someone’s gonna be a problem. | -她 -有人要砸场子 |
[05:09] | daniel? | 丹尼尔 |
[05:10] | Daniel is an overripe cantaloupe tumbling toward irrelevance. | 丹尼尔是扶不起的阿斗 |
[05:14] | I’m talking about betty. | 我说的是贝蒂 |
[05:16] | She’s trying to get daniel back in here. she’s the problem. | 她想让丹尼尔重回这里 她才是麻烦精 |
[05:21] | Okay lunch. | 好的 午餐时间 |
[05:27] | No burrito for you. | 玉米卷走开 |
[05:28] | Marc why did you do that? | 马克 你干吗 |
[05:31] | You have a lunch date. | 有人约你一起吃 |
[05:32] | with you? | 你啊 |
[05:33] | No. with wilhelmina. | 不 和威廉敏娜 |
[05:37] | Mademoiselle. | 小姐 |
[05:39] | Look at us | 瞧我俩 |
[05:40] | two women of color out for a fancy lunch on the town. | 两位盛装女士在城里享受精致午餐 |
[05:45] | Isn’t this fun girlfriend? | 很有趣不是 朋友 |
[05:49] | I guess. | 也许吧 |
[05:51] | And that blouse is heaven. | 你的衬衣真赞 |
[05:54] | Where did you get it? I love it. | 哪买的 我喜欢 |
[05:56] | Okay. no you don’t. | 不 你才不喜欢 |
[05:57] | No I don’t. | 是 没错 |
[05:59] | It’s hideous like driving through ohio. | 太骇人了 和驾车穿越俄亥俄有一拼 |
[06:01] | Look let’s cut to the chase betty. I need you. | 不绕弯子了 贝蒂 我需要你 |
[06:05] | What? | 什么 |
[06:07] | You kept daniel’s files. | 你替丹尼尔保管文件 |
[06:08] | Marc can’t make heads or tails of them. | 而马克在这方面完全一团糟 |
[06:11] | okay. yeah. fine. | 这样 那好 |
[06:13] | I’ll ask daniel for a little bit of time to come and work on them. | 我会跟丹尼尔说 花点时间去帮你整理 |
[06:16] | Or you could recognize a career opportunity | 或者 你也可以在适当的时候 |
[06:18] | when you see one. | 抓住跳槽机会 |
[06:22] | Betty you were the assistant to the editor-in-chief at “mode” before. | 贝蒂 你以前是《风尚》的总编助理 |
[06:26] | I think it’s time you return to where you belong. | 我觉得你是时候干回老本行 |
[06:30] | Are you offering me a job? | 你是想雇用我 |
[06:31] | At “mode ” working for me. | 来《风尚》 为我工作 |
[06:37] | Look wilhelmina I’m not leaving daniel and | 威廉敏娜 我不会离开丹尼尔 |
[06:40] | and to be frank | 而且 老实说 |
[06:44] | I don’t really trust you. | 我并不相信你 |
[06:46] | Loyalty and suspicion–two very admirable qualities. | 忠诚并且谨慎–叫人称赞的品格 |
[06:53] | Betty you belong at “mode “ | 贝蒂 《风尚》才是你的归属 |
[06:55] | And I think daniel would understand. | 我想丹尼尔会理解 |
[06:58] | I think daniel will say that you want to hire me | 我想丹尼尔会说 你把我挖走 |
[07:00] | to ask me to do very bad bad things. | 是为了叫我帮你做坏事 |
[07:04] | wrong ugly or morally suspect. | 我绝不会让你做任何 |
[07:06] | wrong ugly or morally suspect. | 阴险 丑陋 狡诈的坏事 |
[07:09] | That’s what I have marc for dear. | 亲爱的 那是小马的活 |
[07:11] | don’t answer now. | 不需要马上答复 |
[07:13] | But don’t throw your future away at “player.” | 也不要把未来葬送在《种马》 |
[07:21] | She offered you a raise too? | 她还给你加薪 |
[07:23] | A little one yeah. | 加一点 |
[07:24] | Well every bit helps when you have a new apartment. | 对减轻你的房租压力 多少有点益处 |
[07:26] | Dad I am not going to sell out daniel to pay my rent. | 爸 我不会出卖丹尼尔换房租 |
[07:30] | You’re not selling anyone out when you’re making a good career move. | 良禽择木而栖 这不叫出卖 |
[07:33] | Aunt betty you have to go back to “mode.” | 贝姨 你得重回《风尚》 |
[07:35] | “player” gets me nothing. | 我在《种马》什么也捞不到 |
[07:37] | It’s like I’m stuck in a sand trap at the bottom of the ninth quarter. | 就像糖尿病人去糖果店 |
[07:43] | Listen to me. I’m already changing. | 看什么 人家化茧成蝶了 |
[07:45] | Oh that reminds me. | 提醒我了 |
[07:47] | Tony wanted to know if he could have | 托尼问能不能给他一本 |
[07:49] | one of those signed “player” covers with all the star athletes | 有所有体育明星签名的《种马》 |
[07:50] | for the school auction. | 用在学校的拍卖会 |
[07:52] | Oh sure. yeah hilda. | 行 希尔达 |
[07:53] | I’ll just ask daniel right after I tell him that his mortal enemy | 我会问问丹尼尔 就在我告诉他 |
[07:56] | Offered me a better job with more pay. | 死对头高薪挖他墙角之后 |
[07:58] | opportunities are coming your way. | 有了好机会找到你 |
[08:00] | This is something to be proud of. | 应该感到骄傲才是 |
[08:01] | I don’t think that’s how daniel’s gonna see it dad. | 丹尼尔可不会这么看 老爸 |
[08:03] | I feel like I was cheating | 哪怕只是跟威廉敏娜说话 |
[08:05] | just talking to wilhelmina. | 都觉是背叛他 |
[08:06] | you’re not cheating. | 你没有背叛他 |
[08:07] | It’s not cheating to explore other Options | 你现在这囧样想跳个槽 |
[08:09] | because your situation is at a dead end. | 算个屁背叛 |
[08:14] | I just–i care about you. that’s all. | 人家关心你 而已 |
[08:16] | well one thing is for sure. | 至少确定了 |
[08:18] | I have to go in there first thing in the morning | 今天上班的头一件事 |
[08:20] | and tell daniel that I Spoke to wilhelmina | 就是告诉丹尼尔我跟威廉敏娜的谈话 |
[08:22] | Because secrets in that place have a way of going bad. | 因为隐瞒只会让事情变糟 |
[08:30] | Someone’s working late. | 某人熬夜加班了 |
[08:32] | Yeah. I just came by to pick up a little homework. | 我顺便去拿了些资料 |
[08:35] | Lucky I ran into you. | 刚巧碰见你 |
[08:36] | I want to make sure you’re coming to my launch party. | 你会出席我的发布会吧 |
[08:39] | Well I hadn’t really | 我还没有 |
[08:41] | wonderful | 那太好了 |
[08:42] | you know I’m so glad we’re talking. | 我很高兴我们能这样谈谈 |
[08:43] | I know it seems like I’m trying to poach your assistant. | 虽然我图谋挖你的助理 |
[08:46] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[08:47] | Oh betty did tell you | 贝蒂一定有告诉你 |
[08:49] | we spoke about her coming to work for me didn’t she? | 我们讨论过她的跳槽事宜 对吧 |
[08:51] | I mean I know you two have no secrets. | 我知道你们之间没有秘密 |
[08:54] | yeah. | 当然 |
[08:57] | good. it’s all out in the open then. | 那就好 现在都说开了 |
[09:00] | Of course it’s out in the open. | 确实说开了 |
[09:02] | I mean everything’s out in the open between me and betty. | 我是说 我跟贝蒂之间一向开诚布公 |
[09:06] | How could you hide this from me? | 你怎么能给我蒙在鼓里 |
[09:07] | I’m sorry. I’m sorry. | 对不起 真的对不起 |
[09:09] | God just the thought of it you sitting at her desk | 天啊 想想看 你坐在她的边上 |
[09:12] | Rolling calls for her?! | 替她接电话 |
[09:14] | Daniel I don’t want to leave you. | 丹尼尔 我不想离开你 |
[09:16] | Then why are you going behind my back? | 那你为什么背着我做这事 |
[09:17] | it wasn’t like that. | 不是那么回事 |
[09:18] | Okay well tell me what happened please. | 那请告诉我 到底怎么回事 |
[09:21] | You met with her she offered you a job | 你跟她见面 她请你去工作 |
[09:23] | and you didn’t say no. | 你没有拒绝 |
[09:25] | Daniel working at “player” magazine isn’t exactly my dream job. | 丹尼尔 《种马》不是我理想的工作 |
[09:32] | I’m not happy here. | 我在这里不开心 |
[09:35] | I am. | 我开心 |
[09:37] | Are you? | 是吗 |
[09:38] | Just stop right now. | 打住 |
[09:41] | I’m not leaving. do you understand? | 我不会离开这里 你明白吗 |
[09:44] | This is what I want. | 这就是我想要的 |
[09:46] | Well maybe it’s not what I want. | 也许这不是我想要的 |
[09:49] | Look you want to go workfor wilhelmina be my guest. | 听着 你要真想为威廉敏娜工作 随你便 |
[09:52] | Daniel can we please just talk about this reasonably? | 丹尼尔 我们能理性的讨论这个问题么 |
[09:56] | I am being utterly reasonable! | 我非常理性 |
[09:58] | If you hate it here | 如果你讨厌这儿 |
[09:58] | If you think you’d be so much happier working for wilhelmina go. | 在威廉敏娜那儿要开心得多 去吧 |
[10:02] | Is that what you want me to do? | 你真的想让我走 |
[10:03] | Is that what you want to do? | 你真的想去 |
[10:10] | Wilhelmina? | 威廉敏娜 |
[10:11] | Does the offer still stand? | 之前说的还算数么 |
[10:30] | Daniel’s like a different person since he’s been at “player.” | 丹尼尔自从办了《种马》就像完全变了个人 |
[10:34] | All of the fight and ambition is out of him. | 他的雄心斗志全都没了 |
[10:37] | You can’t make people change betty. | 贝蒂 想改变一个人是不可能的 |
[10:39] | At some point you’ve got to look out for yourself. | 有时要顾好自己就不错了 |
[10:41] | I know. you’re right. | 我知道 你说得对 |
[10:43] | But I’m working for wilhelmina. | 但我在为威廉敏娜工作 |
[10:44] | I know the wicked witch of the east side. | 东区最邪恶的女巫 |
[10:47] | But you’re a smart girl. | 但你是个聪明孩子 |
[10:49] | I am and I know exactly what she’s capable of | 没错 我很清楚她能做出什么来 |
[10:51] | So I’ll just keep my eyes open at all times. | 所以我要时刻保持警惕 |
[10:55] | Truth be told… | 说实在的… |
[10:58] | I’m glad you’re back. | 很高兴你能回来 |
[11:02] | Christina must have a doughnut in her pocket. | 克里斯蒂娜口袋里肯定有个甜甜圈 |
[11:04] | Betty suarez under my rule. | 贝蒂·苏亚雷斯归我使唤 |
[11:07] | How I have longed for this day. | 这一天我等到花儿都谢了 |
[11:10] | Marc we don’t want her to quit. oh. | 小马 不是要逼她辞职 |
[11:13] | We just want her to stay away from daniel for a while. | 只要她离开丹尼尔一段时间 |
[11:15] | Just keep her busy. | 让她忙得脚不沾地 |
[11:18] | Betty suarez! | 贝蒂·苏亚雷斯 |
[11:20] | Our newest employee. | 我们的新员工 |
[11:23] | Marc. | 小马 |
[11:24] | Complimentary mimosa? really? | -请你喝含羞草 -真的 |
[11:27] | No but if you get the filing right… | 假的 好好整理文件哦 |
[11:30] | I won’t beat you with a bag of oranges. | 姐姐就会疼你的 |
[11:33] | You be nice to her. | 别欺负她 |
[11:35] | Don’t eat or drink anything that he gives you okay? | 别吃他给的东西 喝的也不行 |
[11:38] | Oh don’t be silly. | 表这样嘛 |
[11:40] | Betty’s on team slater now. | 贝贝是一家人了 |
[11:42] | Ere will be no drugging of you. | 不会给你下药啦 |
[11:44] | Okay seriously you can’t touch my nose anymore. | 严正声明 别再碰我鼻子了 |
[11:50] | I-i don’t understand. what–a holdup? | 我不理解 为什么还不行 |
[11:52] | I thought his immigration papers were going through this week. | 我以为这周他的移民申请就可以通过了 |
[11:55] | I’m sorry mr. meade. | 很抱歉 米德先生 |
[11:56] | Your son’s grandparents in france filed a claim for custody. | 他法国的祖父母在申请监护权 |
[11:59] | Oh no no no. i–look I talked to them already. | 不可能 我已经跟他们谈过了 |
[12:03] | They agreed to the– well I guess they changed their minds. | -他们也同意了 -那他们可能是改主意了 |
[12:04] | They want him home. well he is home. I’m his father. | -他们希望他回家 -这儿就是他家啊 我是他父亲 |
[12:08] | Look yo-you have to do something about this. | 听着 你得做点什么 |
[12:10] | The state department has to be able to do– your family | 国务院应该可以 |
[12:13] | connections atThe state can help expedite immigration | 你在政府的裙带关系可以帮助移民 |
[12:14] | But they filed the claim in court. | 但他们是在法庭上提出的申请 |
[12:16] | This could turn into a real custody battle. | 最终将演变为监护权的争夺战 |
[12:18] | Daniel jr. lost his mother. | 小丹尼尔已经失去了母亲 |
[12:20] | He’s not gonna lose his father too. | 他不能再没有父亲 |
[12:23] | These things can get ugly. | 那这事就很麻烦了 |
[12:26] | Your son is 13 years old. | 你儿子才13岁 |
[12:27] | Maybe before you get involved in a big legal | 在你们卷入这场法律斗争前 |
[12:29] | Battle you should ask him what he wants to do. | 你应该先征求他的意见 |
[12:58] | Don’t interrupt be invisible and if penelope del rios asks | 别打岔 要低调 佩内洛普·戴·里欧问起来 |
[13:02] | You’re a huge fan of her cosmetics. | 要说爱死她的化妆品啦 |
[13:05] | You can’t live without ’em. I don’t wear del rios cosmetics. | -离不开它们啦 -我不用戴·里欧 |
[13:08] | Hold on. | 停下 |
[13:11] | Yes you do. | 现在你用了 |
[13:13] | Take a look penelope. | 想想看 佩内洛普 |
[13:14] | I think you’ll agree the new “mode” is more upscale | 你一定会觉得焕然一新的《风尚》更高档 |
[13:17] | More chic– exactly your demographic. | 更时尚–正是贵公司的客户群 |
[13:20] | You’ll kick yourself if you don’t take another two pages. | 如果不多买两个版面你一定会后悔 |
[13:22] | Yes but we’ve been advertising in “mode” for two years now | 是啊 但我们在《风尚》登了两年的广告 |
[13:25] | And there’s been no uptick in our sales. | 销售业绩还是没什么起色 |
[13:28] | I see no reason to spend more money. | 我看是没必要再多投钱了 |
[13:32] | Oh no. that’s for wilhe– enjoy. | 别 这是给威廉– 请用 |
[13:37] | Aah! thank you betty. | 谢谢 贝蒂 |
[13:39] | Gracias. not so fast. | 谢谢 等等 |
[13:42] | Tell me… betty do you use my cosmetics? | 告诉我 贝蒂 你会选我的化妆品么 |
[13:50] | It’s right on your… | 我脸上就擦… |
[13:54] | No. | 不会 |
[13:57] | I’m s–i-i can’t afford them. sorry. | 我买不起 抱歉 |
[14:00] | I do. I’d rather starve than go without your night creme. | 我用 宁可饿死也要买您的晚霜 |
[14:06] | We are coming out with a budget line you know? | 我们有低价位产品的 知道么 |
[14:09] | Really? mm-hmm. | 真的 |
[14:11] | Well you should advertise that in “mode.” | 那你该在《风尚》登那个 |
[14:13] | I very much doubt the del rios budget customers | 我很怀疑买戴·里欧打折品的消费者 |
[14:16] | Are poring through the high-end pages of “mode.” | 会看《风尚》这类高档杂志 |
[14:19] | Oh they totally do. | 当然会 |
[14:20] | My sister– she has a salon in queens | 我姐姐 她在皇后区开美容沙龙 |
[14:22] | and all those women love “mode. | 那些女人们超爱《风尚》 |
[14:23] | ” they–it’s all they talk about. | 她们就爱这些 |
[14:25] | All day long rah. “mode.” | 一天到晚八《风尚》 |
[14:26] | They just can’t afford anything in it. ah. | 只是里面啥都买不起 |
[14:30] | Isn’t that interesting? | 很有趣不是么 |
[14:31] | I think we just found a way to sell your new line. | 用新方法卖你的新产品 |
[14:34] | This is good. I came in saying no. | 有点意思 来时我不抱希望 |
[14:37] | I leave saying… yes. | 走时我信心倍增 |
[14:45] | Can you believe it? | 你能相信么 |
[14:47] | My first day here and I helped sell. | 我第一天上岗就接了广告单 |
[14:48] | Did you flip your wig? I told you to be invisible. | 你是不是得意忘形了 让你低调点的 |
[14:51] | She asked me a question and I was helpful. | 她先问的我 而且我的回答帮了忙 |
[14:53] | Don’t you get it? wilhelmina doesn’t need help. | 你傻啊 威廉敏娜不需要别人帮忙 |
[14:55] | You never outshine the queen. | 千万别功高盖主 |
[14:57] | Yeah well she landed a major advertiser and by the way | 是啊 但她搞定了主要广告商 顺带一提 |
[15:00] | Wilhelmina totally smiled at me. | 威廉敏娜冲我笑了 |
[15:01] | She wasn’t smiling. she was showing her teeth. | 不是笑 只是在秀她的大白牙 |
[15:04] | Betty! | 贝蒂 |
[15:06] | In my office now. | 马上来我办公室 |
[15:18] | Wilhelmina… | 威廉敏娜 |
[15:21] | I just want to apologize if I spoke out of tu in your meeting– shh. | 刚刚在会议上说话有不妥之处请原谅 |
[15:26] | I need some things for the launch party. | 我得举办个发行宴会 |
[15:29] | Run to dior. | 去迪奥公司 |
[15:30] | Luke created a signature perfume for me. | 卢克给我做了个签名香水 |
[15:33] | Bee pollen– make sure it’s african. | 蜂花粉 一定要非洲产的 |
[15:35] | I need some cleansing milk from diane bouch? | 我要戴安·布谢尔的洁面乳 |
[15:38] | I also need the tiara that catherine | 还要凯瑟琳大帝(俄女皇) |
[15:39] | The great wore at her wedding to peter iii. | 嫁给彼得三世时戴的皇冠 |
[15:42] | It’s part of the permanent | 这是俄国古董博物馆的 |
[15:43] | Collection of the museum of russian antiquities. | 永久藏品之一 |
[15:46] | I want to wear it to my party. but do they even– shh. | -我要戴着它参加派对 -但他们乐意– |
[15:50] | Could you give me a hint? i– shh. | -给我点提示 我… -嘘 |
[15:51] | seriously wilhelmina how am i– shh. | -说真的威廉敏娜 我怎么 -嘘 |
[15:55] | By the end of the day. | 下班前给我 |
[16:03] | Come on. right here. come on. | 来吧 朝这边扔 来 |
[16:06] | Yeah! all right! it’s coming. oh no! | 棒极了 球来了哦 哎呀 |
[16:09] | God you’re gettin’ good at this aren’t you? | 天哪 你越玩越好了 |
[16:13] | Are you having fun? oui. good time. | -玩得开心么 -开心极了 |
[16:15] | Well I figured since you had to start school tomorrow | 话说你明天得去学校了 |
[16:18] | We might get in one more day of hooky. | 我们只有一天可疯狂一下了 |
[16:19] | Uh hooky? like uh prostitute? | 疯狂 召妓 |
[16:23] | No no. no prostitutes. | 不 那个18禁 |
[16:26] | Only when you’re older. | 等你再大些 |
[16:27] | I mean… not at all son. | 我是说… 大了也不行 儿子 |
[16:31] | I just thought we’d talk you know about important stuff. | 我们得谈谈 一些重要的事儿 |
[16:38] | So… | 那么 |
[16:39] | You uh you have grandparents… | 你在法国 |
[16:41] | Back in france. | 有祖父母 |
[16:43] | Do you–do you miss them? | 你想他们么 |
[16:46] | Oui. | 想 |
[16:47] | I love them very much. | 我很爱他们 |
[16:51] | Maybe uh we can visit? | 也许我们可以去看他们 |
[16:55] | Yeah. yep. | 好啊 |
[16:57] | Sure. | 当然 |
[17:03] | You uh don’t want to talk more? | 你不想再谈谈么 |
[17:08] | Nah. you know what? | 不用了 知道么 |
[17:10] | I think that’s enough talking. | 这就够了 |
[17:12] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[17:16] | I don’t get it. | 我就不明白了 |
[17:17] | I totally helped her on that del rios account | 戴·里欧那事我明明帮了她 |
[17:19] | And now it’s like she’s trying to torture me with a tiara? | 现在她却用个皇冠来刁难我 |
[17:23] | It’s like she wants me to quit. | 她像是在逼我辞职 |
[17:25] | What’s the worst she could do? | 她还能怎么样 |
[17:26] | Well they say she once beat an assistant with a car antenna | 传说她有一次用汽车天线打助理 |
[17:29] | But I think it’s just a myth. | 但我觉得可信度不高 |
[17:32] | Oh god no. stuart. | 晕死 是斯图尔特 |
[17:35] | What? what’s wrong? I think he’s doing drugs again. | -怎么 出什么事了 -他又开始吸毒了 |
[17:38] | What? oh my god christina… | 什么 天哪 克里斯蒂娜 |
[17:42] | I took this from his stuff. | 我从他那儿拿了这个 |
[17:43] | Ew! ew! ew! it’s gross! put it away. | 太恶心了 快拿开 |
[17:46] | That’s disgusting but I don’t think it means he’s doing drugs. | 好恶心 但也不能证明他又开始吸毒了啊 |
[17:49] | I know but it can tell me if he is. | 我知道 但也不能证明他没有啊 |
[17:51] | I’ve sent some hair samples to a lab. | 我已经给实验室寄去了头发样本 |
[17:54] | Well what can I do to help you? I need you at “mode ” betty. | -能帮你什么呢 -留在《风尚》就是帮我了 贝蒂 |
[17:57] | You’re the only ally I’ve got there. | 在那儿我就只有你了 |
[17:59] | So please just–just don’t get fired. | 拜托 千万别被炒鱿鱼 |
[18:03] | Well I can try. | 好吧 我试试 |
[18:18] | Miss I need you to stand back pleas miss! oh! | 小姐 请你退后 小姐 |
[18:24] | I’m sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[18:24] | Um actually I was wondering | 其实我想问问 |
[18:25] | who do I talk to about renting this tiara? | 我想租这个皇冠应该找谁呢 |
[18:35] | I mean you don’t have to laugh. | 也不用笑成这样吧 |
[18:36] | I can’t be the first person to ask that question. | 肯定不只我一个问过这种问题 |
[18:41] | Is there somebody else I can talk to? | 还有人吗 有事问 |
[18:49] | I know it’s a crazy request but she really really wants it. | 我也知道这个要求很离谱 但她真的很想借 |
[18:55] | You know what? | 知道么 |
[18:56] | Never mind you’re probably just | 算了 估计你也会嘲笑我 |
[18:57] | gonna laugh at me too right? okay. | 一半天对吧 好嘛 |
[19:04] | I’m guessing that’s a no? | 这表示恕不外借? |
[19:06] | This is my favorite part of the job– | 工作里我最钟意的就是– |
[19:08] | Injecting deadly poison into my boss’ head. | 给老板的脑袋里打毒药 |
[19:10] | Mm. well it helps that you have really feminine fingers. | 你那纤纤玉手很有优势啊 |
[19:12] | It’s a blessing. | 天生丽质哦 |
[19:14] | No luck with catherine the great betty the mediocre? | 凯瑟琳大帝没戏唱 贝蒂大妈好可怜 |
[19:17] | You’ve been gone a long time. | 你去了很久 |
[19:19] | I know. I’m sorry. I ran into a few troubles. | 我知道 很抱歉 遇到些麻烦事 |
[19:22] | I had to go to three different stores to get your bee pollen | 我跑了三家店才找到你要的蜂花粉 |
[19:24] | But I got it and your cleansing milk cost over $600 | 总归买到了 另外洗面奶花了不止600美元 |
[19:27] | So I had to call accounting first for authorization. where’s the tiara? | -我还得打电话征得会计的同意 -皇冠在哪儿 |
[19:31] | I don’t have it… ha! | 我没拿着 |
[19:33] | But they do. | 他们拿着的 |
[19:41] | It turns out the curator’s boyfriend | 馆长被她男朋友甩了 |
[19:42] | dumped her just because she gained | 就因为她长肥了 |
[19:44] | A little bit of weight due to an underactive thyroid. | 因为甲亢长肥了一点点 |
[19:46] | I know. it’s so sad. | 真可怜 |
[19:47] | So I just sat with her for like an hour | 我就和她聊了大约一小时 |
[19:49] | And I think that’s all she needed was | 她只想找个能倾诉的对象 |
[19:51] | someone to talk to you know To listen. | 乐意听她说的 |
[19:53] | are we to understand that you got the tiara by being nice to someone? | 你说你对人家好点就借到了皇冠 |
[19:55] | well no not exactly. | 不完全是 |
[19:59] | We also have to give the museum a full-page ad in next month’s issue | 条件是下期杂志上为博物馆做整版广告 |
[20:02] | But I already talked to ad sales | 我已经跟广告部谈妥了 |
[20:03] | and we worked out a barter agreement. | 根据易货协定 |
[20:05] | We give them ad space | 我们提供广告版面 |
[20:06] | they give you the tiara for 48 hours | 他们的皇冠供你使用48小时 |
[20:08] | And also Ed and Andy have to be within 20 feet of the tiara at all times. | 皇冠要一直保持在艾德和安迪20英尺距离内 |
[20:11] | If you ask me it’s just beginner’s luck. | 要我说 你就是走了狗屎运 |
[20:13] | -I mean– -marc take off your gloves. | 马克 手套摘了 |
[20:16] | Betty will be doing my botox today. | 今天由贝蒂给我注射肉毒素 |
[20:26] | Don’t you think a doctor should do this or | 你不觉得这应该由医生 |
[20:29] | at least a nurse practitioner? | 至少也得由护士来做吧 |
[20:31] | Oh I’m so numb up there | 我早麻木了 |
[20:32] | I wouldn’t know if you hit bone. | 就是扎到骨头也没感觉 |
[20:39] | Betty do you know why I hired you? | 贝蒂 知道我为什么雇你吗 |
[20:43] | To help with your files? | 帮你整理文件 |
[20:46] | I always suspected | 对于你是丹尼尔·米德军师这点 |
[20:48] | you were the brains behind daniel meade. | 我一直很怀疑 |
[20:52] | Uh well no. no th-that’s just– that’s not true. | 不 那只是 不是那样的 |
[20:55] | Daniel is very smart. | 丹尼尔也很聪明 |
[20:56] | Yes yes yes. smart as a whip. | 对 对 聪明绝顶 |
[20:58] | But let’s talk about you for a moment. | 现在说的是你 |
[21:01] | Betty you passed the test. | 贝蒂 你通过测试了 |
[21:09] | So the tiara thing– that was a test? | 皇冠那事只是个测试 |
[21:13] | Because I thought that it was some sort of | 我还以为是对 |
[21:15] | Punishment for speaking up in your meeting. | 我在会议上说错话的惩罚呢 |
[21:18] | On the contrary. | 恰恰相反 |
[21:20] | I was very very impressed. | 我非常满意 |
[21:23] | And it made me think that maybe… | 让我感觉到也许 |
[21:26] | You were… | 你就是 |
[21:28] | The one. | 那个人 |
[21:31] | Like “lord of the rings”? | 《指环王》里的台词? |
[21:33] | Betty | 贝蒂 |
[21:33] | There’s only been one other person | 能借到皇冠的人还有一个人 |
[21:36] | who’s been able to get that tiara–me. | 就是我 |
[21:38] | When I was fey sommers’ assistant | 当时我还是菲·索默斯的助手 |
[21:40] | She wanted that tiara for her launch party of her first issue and I did it. | 她想戴皇冠参加新品发布派对 我做到了 |
[21:46] | Of course my methods were a little less wholesome than yours. | 当然我用的方法没你那么光明正大 |
[21:49] | But I proved to her that given a seemingly impossible task | 不过我向她证明了 一个看似无法完成的任务 |
[21:53] | I could accomplish it. | 我能完成 |
[21:56] | So? | 所以呢 |
[21:57] | Betty you’ve proved that you have rare potential | 贝蒂 你已经证明自己 |
[22:00] | that must be cultivated. | 有潜力 |
[22:03] | I am going to groom you. | 我打算栽培你 |
[22:05] | and lord knows you need some grooming. | 天哪 你真该好好打扮一下了 |
[22:07] | you will be my prot | 你是我的学徒了 |
[22:09] | And you will start with taking over my launch party. | 就从负责新品发布派对开始吧 |
[22:13] | But that’s marc’s job. | 那可是小马的工作 |
[22:15] | And now it’s yours. | 现在是你的了 |
[22:17] | Betty I’m offering you a future. | 贝蒂 我会给你一个美好的未来 |
[22:19] | After being my assistant | 成为我的助手之后 |
[22:20] | you could write your own ticket in this town. | 在这个城市 你会有自己的一席之地 |
[22:23] | And who knows? | 谁知道呢 |
[22:24] | maybe you’ll be the next wilhelmina slater. | 也许你会成为下一个威廉敏娜·斯莱特 |
[22:34] | Marc? | 小马 |
[22:37] | -Look I’m hoping– -I would rather eat butter. | -我在想 -我宁可吃奶油 |
[22:40] | I haven’even asked you to do anything yet. | 我还没叫你做什么呢 |
[22:43] | You bossing me around is a crime against nature. | 对我指手画脚就是犯了鸡奸罪 |
[22:45] | Marc you’re being ridiculous. | 马克 你太搞笑了 |
[22:47] | Sorcerers! | 恶灵退散 |
[22:49] | You’ve taken away from me everything that matters. | 你把我看重的一切都夺走了 |
[22:53] | Marc look– ugh. | 马克 听着 |
[22:56] | I didn’t try and take your job from you | 我真的没想要抢你的饭碗 |
[22:58] | and I’m so sorry about this | 真的很抱歉 |
[23:02] | But I have to try and make a launch party happen in less than 27 hours | 可是我得准备27个小时后的发布会 |
[23:06] | And there is no way that I could do it without you. | 没有你的帮助 我根本做不到 |
[23:12] | So if you could please please please… | 所以要是你能 求你了 求你了 |
[23:15] | Try and help me find a life-sized | 试着帮我找个真人大小的 |
[23:17] | Anatomically correct black vodka ice sculpture of you know who… | 黑牌伏特加冰雕 你知道那谁… |
[23:21] | God! | 靠 |
[23:21] | And then she just waddles back in here like a helpless brown weeble | 她就像个企鹅样走过来 装无辜可怜 |
[23:25] | And while I’m not looking plunges my world into the darkness. | 其实一不注意 就在背后下黑手 |
[23:29] | Oh. poor baby. come here. | 小可怜 让我疼疼 |
[23:32] | Hush little homo Don’t you cry | 小受乖乖不要哭 |
[23:35] | Mandy’s gonna steal you a PRADA tie | 曼曼给你偷普拉达 |
[23:38] | You’re nice but don’t touch the hair. | 真体贴 不过别碰我的头发 |
[23:40] | It’s just how I like it. okay. | 头可断 发型不能乱啦 |
[23:42] | Hi. I’m looking for betty suarez. | 我找贝蒂·苏亚雷斯 |
[23:47] | Hi. I’m betty suarez. | 我就是贝蒂·苏亚雷斯 |
[23:50] | Don’t be absurd. | 别瞎扯了 |
[23:51] | I’m betty suarez. how can I help you? | 我才是贝蒂·苏亚雷斯 需要帮忙吗 |
[23:53] | Yeah uh can you guys just page her for me? is that– oh. | 好吧 能帮我叫下贝蒂·苏亚雷斯吗 |
[23:56] | Tony! tony. hi. uh… oh hey. | 托尼 这儿 |
[24:00] | Sorry about them. | 很抱歉 他们戏弄你 |
[24:01] | No no. it’s uh okay. | 没有 没事 |
[24:02] | Is this a good time to get that signed copy? | 现在可以拿那个签了名的副本 |
[24:04] | Um right. I’ll go down to “player” and get it. | 可以 我马上去《种马》杂志部取 |
[24:08] | You wait here just maybe not so close to them. | 在这等着 最好离他们远点 |
[24:12] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[24:20] | Here you go. | 拿去吧 |
[24:21] | Oh very cool. | 真酷 |
[24:25] | You see that super bowl? | 看了超级杯了吗 |
[24:26] | If I say yes will you take your shirt off? | 如果我说看了 你能把上衣脱了么 |
[24:28] | Okay and thanks for coming tony. | 行了 谢谢你能来 托尼 |
[24:31] | -Will you tell hilda that I’ll call her later today? -yeah. thanks. | -能转告希尔达晚点打给她吗 -行 谢谢 |
[24:35] | Bye. whoa! | 再见 |
[24:37] | I need mr.-sugar-pants- bedroom-eyes’ number. | 我要那个翘臀电眼帅哥的电话 |
[24:40] | Tony? no. I’m no giving you his phone number. | 托尼的 不行 我不会把他电话给你的 |
[24:42] | I need to see him again to give him his phone | 我得把他不小心落下 |
[24:44] | Which he accidentally left here when | 又非常凑巧被我捡到的手机还他啊 |
[24:46] | It fell out of his pocket into my hand. | 得当面交给他啊 |
[24:47] | Wait a second. you pickpocketed coach diaz? | 等等 你偷了迪亚斯教练的手机 |
[24:50] | I was in a trance. I barely remember what happened. | 当时精神恍惚 我不记得发生了什么 |
[24:54] | But these pictures of him kissing that | 不过他和骚空姐的激吻照 |
[24:55] | Slutty stewardess are really dulling my tingle. | 让我一点兴趣都没了 |
[24:57] | My sister is not a stewardess. | 我姐姐不是空姐 |
[25:11] | But it has to be delivered at 8:00 p.m.sharp | 一定要在晚上8点准时送到 |
[25:13] | Sharp because it’s an ice sculpture and I don’t want it to melt. | 是冰雕 我可不想它化掉 |
[25:16] | Don’t mind me. | 别担心我 |
[25:17] | I took a train for a half-hour from queens to | 我从皇后区坐了一个半小时的车 |
[25:20] | Eat soggy dumplings by myself and watch you talk. | 就为了吃软塌塌的水饺 听你讲电话 |
[25:22] | Okay I’ll call you back in the morning. thank you. | 好的 早上我会再打给你 谢谢 |
[25:24] | Hilda! I’m sorry. I have this launch party tomorrow. | 希尔达 对不起 明天就要举行新产品的发布会 |
[25:27] | It’s driving me crazy. | 我都忙疯了 |
[25:29] | Okay so I heard tony was sexually harassed by your coworkers. | 听说托尼被你的同事性骚扰 |
[25:32] | Yeah that happens a lot in that place. | 对 这事在那儿很常见 |
[25:35] | Oh before I forget you have his cell phone? | 差点忘了 他手机在你这 |
[25:38] | Right. okay. | 对 那个 |
[25:39] | Uh so hilda this is what I wanted to talk to you about. | 希尔达 我想跟你说点事 |
[25:45] | Oh god. this is– this is hard. | 天哪 真难以启齿 |
[25:49] | So I saw some photos on tony’s phone… | 是这样的 托尼的手机里有些 |
[25:54] | Of him and another woman. | 他和另外一个女人的照片 |
[26:02] | Are you okay? | 你没事吧 |
[26:04] | I’m so sorry hilda. say something. | 我也很难受 希尔达 说话呀 |
[26:11] | That’s his wife. | 是他老婆 |
[26:13] | What? | 啥 |
[26:15] | Wait. they’re like separated? | 等等 他们分居了吗 |
[26:18] | Well you know it’s complicated. | 这有点复杂 |
[26:21] | What you’re dating a married man? | 什么 你交往的是个有妇之夫 |
[26:24] | See? this is why I don’t tell you things. because you judge. | 这就是我不跟你讲的原因 你老是乱下结论 |
[26:27] | Yeah because hilda that would be wrong. | 可是希尔达 这样不对 |
[26:30] | Well I didn’t know that he was married when we started dating | 刚拍拖的时候 我又不知道他结婚了 |
[26:32] | -And then– -hilda what are you thinking? | -之后 -希尔达 你脑子进水了吧 |
[26:35] | You have to get out of this. this is just gonna end bad. | 你得赶紧离开他 不会有好结果的 |
[26:38] | Well who says it’s gonna end? we’re gonna make it work. | 谁说没有好结果 我们正在努力 |
[26:41] | Look can’t you just be happy for me? | 你就不能为我感到高兴吗 |
[26:44] | No. he has a wife. | 不能 他有老婆 |
[26:46] | You think I don’t know that? you think that doesn’t tear me up? | 你以为我不知道 不难受吗 |
[26:48] | Well then walk away. | 那就分开 |
[26:50] | I can’t. | 做不到 |
[26:54] | I’m in love with him. | 我已经爱上他了 |
[27:00] | I’m not hungry anymore. | 我没胃口了 |
[27:12] | Like I said uh remember not to get too hung up on any one girl. | 要听我话 别吊死在一棵树上 |
[27:15] | -You’re–u’re young. you gotta play the field. -quoi? | -趁年轻 得多交往几个 -什么 |
[27:19] | And listen in class okay? that’s what I told you. | 上课要专心听讲 记住我的话 |
[27:22] | Uuum outer le teacher. | 听老师的话 |
[27:25] | Oui. | 知道了 |
[27:26] | Papa uh your french is uh how you say–sucky. | 爸爸 你的法语真 怎么说来着 糟糕 |
[27:34] | Just have a good day. | 有个好心情 |
[27:42] | Bonjour daniel. | 你好 丹尼尔 |
[27:56] | You’re a natural father. | 你有当爸爸的潜力 |
[27:59] | Am I being selfish? | 我是不是自私了 |
[28:01] | His grandparents want him back in france. | 他祖父母想让他回法国 |
[28:03] | I know he misses them. | 我知道他想他们了 |
[28:04] | Well he can miss them and still want to be here with his father. | 是会想念 但还想留下跟在爸爸一起 |
[28:08] | He’s in a foreign country. | 他是在异乡 |
[28:09] | He’s away from everything he knows everyone. | 远离他熟悉的一切人和事 |
[28:13] | Don’t you think he’d be happier with them? | 你不觉得他跟他们一起会更快乐些么 |
[28:15] | Doesn’t really matter what I think does it? | 我怎么想不重要 对吧 |
[28:22] | I know. | 明白了 |
[28:24] | I have to ask him. | 应该征求他的意见 |
[28:25] | I’m just afraid I’m not gonna get the answer I want. | 我只是害怕得不到我想要的答案 |
[28:29] | I don’t want to lose him. | 我不想失去他 |
[28:40] | Where do you want this ice sculpture? | 你想把冰雕放在什么位置 |
[28:42] | Oh no no no. this can’t be here right now. | 不行 现在还不能放这儿 |
[28:44] | The party isn’t till tonight. she’ll melt. | 派对晚上才开始 会化掉的 |
[28:46] | Emily. | 艾米丽 |
[28:46] | Can you please take these guys down to the italian Restaurant | 麻烦你带他们到那个意大利餐厅 |
[28:49] | and beg them to let us use their walk-in? | 求他们借冷藏室给我们 |
[28:50] | I don’t care if you have to buy every pizza in the place. | 甭管是不是要你买下所有的批萨 |
[28:53] | Just hurry. we don’t want her to start sagging. | 快点 我可不想看着它一点点萎缩 |
[28:57] | You guys seriously can you stop goofing around? | 说真的 你们俩能不闲混吗 |
[28:59] | -You know how wilhelmina gets. -yeah how does she get? | -要是威廉敏娜知道了会怎么样 -恩 怎么样 |
[29:02] | -Tell us. -yeah tell us. | -说呀 -对 说呀 |
[29:03] | Tell us. | 说呀 |
[29:04] | Little miss thing here has been working for wilhelmina for half a minute | 小样 给威廉敏娜不过跑了一点点腿 |
[29:07] | Now she’s all up in her gooch. | 就蹬鼻子上脸了 |
[29:11] | I have been up all night working on this party | 为了这个派对 我忙了一宿 |
[29:13] | And there are still a million things that we have to do. | 这儿还有一百万件事要做 |
[29:16] | A million and one actually. | 实际上是一百万零一件 |
[29:17] | Wilhelmina wants you to shred all this old mail into confetti. | 威廉敏娜要你粉碎了这些旧信件做五彩纸屑 |
[29:21] | I’m busy. | 我没时间 |
[29:21] | Can you do it? | 你能做吗 |
[29:22] | Uh let me think. | 我想想看 |
[29:24] | No. | 不行 |
[29:26] | Just because you’re running this | 虽然你是派对负责人 |
[29:28] | Party doesn’t mean you can boss me around. | 但这不代表你可以对我颐指气使 |
[29:30] | And you may be in wilhelmina’s good graces today | 今天威廉敏娜喜欢你 |
[29:32] | But that doesn’t mean anything about tomorrow. | 谁知道明天啥样呢 |
[29:35] | Loyalty is not one of wilhelmina’s strong suits. | 威廉敏娜的字典里可没有忠诚这个词 |
[29:37] | Oh but you know I guess it isn’t one of yours either. | 对了 好像你也没有 |
[29:40] | What? I am loyal. | 什么 我是忠臣一个 |
[29:43] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[29:43] | Is that why you dumped daniel the second | 所以丹尼尔没能满足你的野心 |
[29:45] | He got in the way of your career ambitions? | 你就立马甩了他是吧 |
[29:47] | I guess I shouldn’t be surprised. | 也对 没啥好惊讶的 |
[29:48] | That’s exactly what wilhelmina would have done. | 这完全是威廉敏娜的行事风格 |
[29:50] | You two are a lot more alike than I thought. | 你俩比我想的还臭味相投 |
[29:56] | Happy shredding. | 碎纸愉快哦 |
[30:03] | Betty you’ve proved you have rare potential. | 贝蒂 你已经证明了你非凡的潜能 |
[30:05] | Look if you want to go work for wilhelmina be my guest. … | 如果你想替威廉敏娜工作 请便吧 |
[30:06] | Maybe you were the one. | 或许你就是那个人 |
[30:09] | If you think you’d be so much happier working for wilhelmina go. | 如果你觉得给威廉敏娜打工更开心的话 去吧 |
[30:11] | You two are a lot more alike than I thought. | 你俩比我想的还臭味相投 |
[30:12] | I’m so numb up there I wouldn’t know if you hit bone. | 我已经麻木了 就算扎到骨头都没感觉了 |
[30:14] | -There you are madame editrix. -thank you marc. | -来吧 女主编大人 -谢了 小马 |
[30:21] | Now be a dear and go fetch me some carrot shavings. | 现在给我乖乖地去弄点胡萝卜片来 |
[30:24] | I’m feeling snack-ish. | 我要吃零食了 |
[30:27] | What the hell are you all staring at? | 你们都他妈看什么呢 |
[30:29] | Don’t you have some work to screw up? | 难道全都无所事事吗 |
[30:31] | Look at me when I’m yelling at you! don’t look at me. | 我训话的时候都看着我 你别看我 |
[30:34] | You–go fix your teeth. | 你 去带个牙套 |
[30:36] | You–stop eating that doughnut. | 你 别再啃甜甜圈了 |
[30:38] | You–lose 10 pounds. | 你 减10磅肉 |
[30:41] | You’re fired. you’re fired. | 你被开除了 你被开除了 |
[30:43] | You’re all fired. | 都给我滚蛋 |
[30:45] | Hi betty. uh it’s daniel. | 你好 贝蒂 我是丹尼尔 |
[30:47] | -Remember? we used to work together. -no time. | -还记得么 我们以前是同事 -没时间 |
[30:49] | -No no no. betty I just want to– security! | -别 别 别 贝蒂 我只是想 -保安 |
[30:52] | No no no. wait. wait. w-wait. wait. | 别 等等 等一下 |
[30:55] | No. I just wanted to ask you a question. please. | 别这样 我只想问你个问题 求你了 |
[31:01] | What the hell is that? | 那他妈是什么东西? |
[31:06] | Not the puppy! | 别动狗狗 |
[31:33] | Well big date with the coach tonight? | 今晚和教练有重要约会吧 |
[31:37] | Not wearing that. mom leopard and zebra? | 别穿那件 妈 豹纹配斑马纹? |
[31:41] | They fight each other in the wild. | 它们在外面会打架的 |
[31:43] | You’ll never survive the evening. | 你都活不过今晚 |
[31:44] | I think she looks beautiful. you know why? she’s happy. | 我觉得她很美 知道为什么吗 沉浸在幸福中 |
[31:49] | I’m not. look work with me here. | 我不高兴 来 听我的没错 |
[31:52] | This is what I do. | 我擅长这个 |
[31:54] | Okay. thank you. | 好吧 谢谢你 |
[31:56] | You’re welcome. | 不用客气 |
[31:57] | And thank you papi. | 老爸 谢谢你 |
[31:58] | You deserve this mija. | 这是你应得的 丫头 |
[32:03] | Yeah. I do. | 没错 应得的 |
[32:11] | I know you’re tired of me saying this but I have to. | 我知道我都快成唐僧了 可我必须要说 |
[32:14] | You are wasting your time and your talent at “player.” | 在《种马》简直就是浪费你的时间和天分 |
[32:17] | -You are a good editor. betty. -I’m not finished. | -你是个好编辑 -贝蒂 -我话还没完 |
[32:20] | You belong at “mode ” daniel. | 丹尼尔 你注定是属于《风尚》的 |
[32:22] | It is the most important magazine at this company your family’s company. | 这是公司最重要的一本杂志 你的家族企业 |
[32:26] | You were good at your job and if you don’t believe me then read these. | 你干得挺好的 不信的话 你就读读这些 |
[32:30] | Wilhelmina had somebody hide all the positive | 你做主编的时候 威廉敏娜让人 |
[32:32] | Letters to the editor when you were in charge. | 把所有反馈回来的表扬信都藏起来了 |
[32:33] | She was gonna have me shred them. | 她本来让我全部都扔碎纸机绞了 |
[32:36] | they’re all positive? | 全都是表扬的? |
[32:38] | All of them and there are tons. | 全都是 成千上万的来信 |
[32:40] | Your june cover the one that she said was | 女魔头说你六月刊的封面 |
[32:42] | -a pimple on the butt of fashion -oh. she said that? | -是时尚屁股上的脓包 -她这么说的 |
[32:45] | Not the point. these people loved it. | 这不是重点 读者们喜欢 |
[32:48] | And “mode” girl on madison”? | 《风尚》的亲民风格 |
[32:49] | Some of these people said they subscribed just for that. | 有人说她们就是冲这个才买的杂志 |
[32:53] | Daniel you have to show these to alexis. | 丹尼尔 你应该给亚历克西斯瞧瞧这些 |
[32:56] | -Come on. she doesn’t care about me. -she cares about “mode.” | -拜托 她根本不在乎我 -她在乎《风尚》 |
[32:59] | Yeah. okay look. | 好吧 好吧 听着 |
[33:02] | I really appreciate what you’re doing. | 非常感谢你所做的一切 |
[33:05] | And yes of course I want to be back at “mode.” | 没错 我当然想回到《风尚》 |
[33:08] | Why do you think I got so mad at you betty? | 要不我怎么对你发那么大的脾气 贝蒂 |
[33:11] | Because you’re there reminding me of that every single day. | 因为你让我回忆起每天的点点滴滴 |
[33:17] | Wilhelmina won. I lost. it’s over. | 威廉敏娜赢了 我输了 都结束了 |
[33:22] | Daniel anything you truly want… | 丹尼尔 要想有所收获 |
[33:25] | Has to be worth fighting for. | 必须付出努力 |
[33:39] | You used me! you just wanted the money to buy drugs! | 你利用我 你就只想拿钱去买毒品 |
[33:43] | Christina that’s not true. | 克里斯蒂娜不是那样的 |
[33:44] | Oh I think it is because I had a piece of your hair tested. | 我觉得是 因为我已经拿你的头发化验了 |
[33:47] | What? | 什么? |
[33:48] | They found oxycontin heroin. | 查出了强力止痛药奥施康定 海洛因 |
[33:51] | It’s like rush limbaugh fornicated with amy winehouse | 这就像是武大郎和潘金莲通奸 |
[33:54] | -And they spawned you. -you had me tested? | -然后孵出了你 -你居然去查我 |
[33:56] | Yes I did. why have you got a problem with that? | 没错 我查了 有意见吗 |
[33:59] | -You don’t understand. now just listen to– just get your hands off me! | -你不明白的 听我说.. -把你的手拿开 |
[34:05] | I swear to god | 我对天发誓 |
[34:06] | I am this close to calling immigration and having you deported. | 我就差这么点去移民局告你 驱逐你出境了 |
[34:12] | Aye. right. | 好啊 |
[34:13] | Oh what? you don’t thinki would do it? | 怎么了 你还不相信吗 |
[34:15] | Just you watch me. | 走着瞧吧 |
[34:35] | Yes! papa. | 真棒 爸爸 |
[34:37] | Look i made it to the next level. | 快看 我升级了 |
[34:42] | would you come here for a second? | 你能过来一下吗 |
[34:46] | there… | 那个… |
[34:49] | There’s something I want to ask you. | 有点事我想问问你 |
[34:51] | It’s important. | 很重要的事 |
[34:55] | Okay so your grandparents want you to come live with them in france. | 你的祖父母想让你回法国和他们一起生活 |
[35:01] | Comprend? | 听明白了? |
[35:02] | Oui oui. | 听明白了 |
[35:04] | Um mais uh je veux… | 我…我想… |
[35:07] | Que tu uh habite avec moi. | 你…留下…和我…一起 |
[35:10] | I-i-i want you to live here… with me. | 我想…你留下来 和我一起生活 |
[35:15] | Look I guess… | 我觉得… |
[35:16] | I guess what’s m-most important here is… | 我觉得现在最重要的就是… |
[35:20] | What do you want? | 你怎么想的 |
[35:26] | You… are my father. | 你…是我爸爸 |
[35:28] | And… I want to stay with my father. | 然后…我想要和爸爸在一起 |
[35:34] | Okay. great. | 好 相当好 |
[35:37] | Good. | 很好 |
[35:39] | So we’ll stay together and um and we’re goa fight for that. | 那么咱们就一起生活…我们一起努力 |
[35:46] | Come on. let’s see how good you are. | 来吧 秀秀你的本事 |
[35:55] | Did you get a drink? | 还要喝点什么吗 |
[35:58] | Are you having fun? | 玩得开心吗 |
[36:02] | Betty you’ve really outdone yourself. | 贝蒂 你真是超水平发挥了 |
[36:04] | This party is beautiful. | 这个派对真是赞 |
[36:06] | You’re not wearing the tiara. | 你没有戴那个皇冠 |
[36:08] | Oh god no. | 拜托 哪儿能啊 |
[36:09] | I’m the editor-in-chief of a fashion magazine. | 我可是时尚杂志的主编啊 |
[36:12] | I wouldn’t be caught dead in a tiara. | 不能因为一个皇冠出洋相吧 |
[36:14] | Right. of course you wouldn’t. | 没错 当然不能这样了 |
[36:17] | Well this is for you. | 好的 这是给你的 |
[36:21] | It’s my two weeks’ notice. | 这是我两个礼拜考虑的结果 |
[36:24] | I thought I could work for you but I can’t. | 我以为能为你工作的 可我做不到 |
[36:27] | I do want to be successful just… | 我确实很想成功 只是… |
[36:31] | Not by hurting people. | 不是建立在别人痛苦之上的成功 |
[36:34] | I really misjudged you betty. | 我的确错看你了 贝蒂 |
[36:36] | Under those gaping pores and caveman eyebrows | 在皮糙肉厚的 长着原始人眉毛的皮囊下 |
[36:39] | I thought you were smart. | 我还以为你个是聪明人呢 |
[36:42] | You think life is all about who’s right and who’s wrong | 你觉得人生就只是孰是孰非那么简单吗 |
[36:45] | But history is written by those who win not by those who are the nicest. | 可历史是由强者而不是老好人书写的 |
[36:52] | Enjoy your party. | 祝你派对愉快 |
[36:55] | Betty why don’t you stay? | 贝蒂 为什么不留下来呢 |
[36:59] | This party is about to get very interesting. | 精彩部分才刚刚开始啊 |
[37:23] | Hey tony. are–are you here yet? ’cause I don’t see you. | 托尼 你到了吗 我没找到你啊 |
[37:26] | hey… bobby. uh sorry I didn’t call you back. | 抱歉波比 我没回你电话 |
[37:29] | I had a family thing come up. | 我家里有点事 |
[37:33] | She didn’t go out of town? you’re not coming? | 她没出差吗 你不来了吗 |
[37:35] | Yeah that’s right. | 对 就是这样的 |
[37:36] | Um can I follow up with you tomorrow? | 我明天和给你联系吧 好吧 |
[37:39] | Is she there with you now? | 她现在就在你身边吗 |
[37:41] | Sure. sounds good. all right we’ll–we’ll talk tomorrow. | 好呀 这么定了 我们明天再聊 |
[37:52] | honestly alexis | 说真的 亚历克西斯 |
[37:53] | If this is about a bunch of ridiculous letters | 如果是为了那堆荒谬可笑的来信 |
[37:55] | -I can assure you– this isn’t just about the letters. | -我能向你保证 -不仅是信的事情 |
[37:58] | I’m not happy with the magazine. | 我对杂志很不满意 |
[38:01] | I think your cover is cold. | 我觉得你的封面太冷了 |
[38:04] | Well I had a very specific vision. | 我有很独到的视角 |
[38:06] | I didn’t expect you to understand it. | 我并不期望你能明白 |
[38:09] | Well I guess it was lost on a few other people too. | 是啊 我觉得对有些人来说 这是种损失 |
[38:12] | Your first day sales numbers are in… | 你的首日销售数据已经出来了 |
[38:14] | -And they’re not good. -impossible. | -不是很好看 -不可能 |
[38:18] | Your relaunch of “mode” is our lowest selling issue in months. | 你的新版《风尚》是几个月来销量最差的 |
[38:26] | If you’ll excuse me. | 先失陪一下 |
[38:28] | Ladies and gentlemen if I could have your attention. | 女士们先生们 请听我说 |
[38:31] | I’m happy to announce that tonight we are welcoming | 今天晚上我非常高兴的宣布 |
[38:35] | Back as editor-in-chief of “mode” magazine–daniel meade. | 欢迎丹尼尔·米德回到《风尚》担任主编 |
[38:52] | betty. | 贝蒂 |
[38:54] | Marc. | 马克 |
[38:56] | Well here we are as if nothing’s changed. | 回到原点 好像从来没变一样 |
[39:00] | You left those letters for me didn’t you? | 那些信是你留给我的 对吧 |
[39:03] | You planned this whole thing so that I would be back | 是你策划了一切 这样我就能回到丹尼尔身边 |
[39:05] | With daniel and you could have wilhelmina all to yourself. | 而威廉敏娜也完全属于你了 |
[39:08] | don’t be absurd. | 别逗了 |
[39:11] | I would never do anything to hurt wilhelmina’s interests… | 我永远不会做损害威廉敏娜利益的事情 |
[39:16] | Unless they’re hurting mine. | 除非损害了我的利益 |
[39:22] | Don’t forget. I still own a third of this company. | 别忘了 公司的三分之一还是归我 |
[39:25] | Your unborn child owns a third of this company not you. | 三分之一给你没出生的孩子 不是给你 |
[39:29] | You would be nothing without that baby. | 没有孩子 你根本一文不值 |
[39:31] | But don’t worry. you’re still our creative director. | 不过别担心 你还是我们的创意总监 |
[39:34] | Yeah and I’m more than happy to have you come work for me. | 好啊 你能为我工作我真是太高兴了 |
[39:37] | You can’t push me aside. | 别想把我挤到一边去 |
[39:40] | Oh really? | 真的吗 |
[39:54] | You are gonna regret this. I swear. | 我发誓 你们会后悔的 |
[39:57] | Don’t you ever threaten my children wilhelmina. | 别在妄想威胁我的孩子了 威廉敏娜 |
[40:03] | You have no idea the lengths I will go to protect them. | 你绝对想不到 为保护他们我会做出什么 |
[40:23] | -Look daniel I’m sorry. -look betty I never wanted you to leave. | -丹尼尔 我很抱歉 -贝蒂 我从没想让你离开 |
[40:25] | -I would never even consider working for that– -me first. please. | -我根本就不该考虑替她工作的 -我先说 好吗 |
[40:29] | thank you… | 谢谢你 |
[40:32] | For having faith in me. | 这么信任我 |
[40:35] | That’s what friends are for. | 是朋友应该做的 |
[40:39] | You’re coming back right? | 你会回来的 对不对 |
[40:41] | Well that depends… | 那就看情况了… |
[40:44] | On whether or not I can keep the raise wilhelmina gave me. | 看还能不能继续享受威廉敏娜加的薪水啦 |
[40:48] | we are talk about using the moment of your leverage. | 你还真会找机会敲竹杠啊 |
[40:52] | It’s good to have you back daniel. | 丹尼尔 你回来真好 |
[40:55] | It’s good to be back. | 回来的感觉也真好 |
[40:58] | Now seriously about the raise– | 现在说点严肃的 话说薪水 |
[40:59] | you know once you go there | 你知道一旦尝到甜头 |
[41:01] | You can’t really go back. really? | -就很难回头了 -真的 |