时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Previously on “ugly betty” | 《丑女贝蒂》前情回顾 |
[00:02] | I can make this whole thing go away. | 只有我救得了你 |
[00:03] | And what’s it going to cost me? | 交换条件呢 |
[00:05] | I’ll convince her to split her shares, sign over half to daniel, | 我会说服她把股份一分为二 一份给丹尼尔 |
[00:08] | Half to you. | 另一份给你 |
[00:09] | You’ll both be editors-in-chief. | 你们都是总编 |
[00:11] | Whatever happens with you and your wife, I can’t be responsible for it. | 无论你和你妻子之间会怎样 都不要是因为我 |
[00:15] | They can’t just take your son. | 他们不能就抢走你儿子 |
[00:17] | He’s not my son. | 他不是我儿子 |
[00:18] | But I want you to be my father. | 我想你当我爸爸 |
[00:19] | Maybe I can be your really cool american uncle. | 也许我可以做你酷酷的美国叔叔 |
[00:22] | That’s kimmie keegan. she tortured me in high school. | 是吉米・基根 她在高中把我整的可惨了 |
[00:25] | That’s your daughter? | 那是你女儿? |
[00:26] | I don’t hate you. | 我不恨你 |
[00:27] | I just feel like nothing’s ever gonna change. | 我觉得自己只能永远这样了 |
[00:29] | You just have to be willing to do something about it. | 只要你愿意去改变就好 |
[00:34] | Forward! | 冲啊 |
[00:39] | Can we get more smoke in here? | 这儿能加多点烟雾吗 |
[00:41] | Look up. look up, everybody. | 大家向上看 向上看 |
[00:42] | We need to see some faces, people. | 让我见着脸 同志们 |
[00:44] | All right, I’m not loving this. | 我不喜欢这件 |
[00:44] | Oh, but you promised zac posen. | 但你答应过扎克・波兹南 |
[00:46] | I know. we’ll give him a couple pages in front of book. | 我知道 所以这期杂志前几个版面全给他 |
[00:48] | One bayonet, please. oh, and I’m worried about shadows. | 一把刺刀就够了 还有阴影碍事 |
[00:51] | We’re gonna lose the helmet. okay. | -不要头盔 -好吧 |
[00:57] | Great. | 很好 |
[00:59] | I’ll go disarm. | 我去清理战场 |
[01:04] | Miss meade, I’ve been meaning to talk to you, | 米德夫人 我正想找您谈谈呢 |
[01:07] | But with all the craziness of doing these photo shoots daniel’s way | 但一直忙于疯狂拍照 拍了丹尼尔版 |
[01:11] | and then redoing them wilhelmina’s way and then back to wil– | 再拍威廉敏娜版 再回到… |
[01:13] | Betty, I get the pattern. | 贝蒂 我懂你意思 |
[01:15] | Well… | 那… |
[01:18] | Has daniel said anything to you about d.j. being gone? | 丹尼尔有没有告诉你小丹走那事 |
[01:22] | Not a word. | 只字未提 |
[01:23] | Me neither. I’m worried about him. | 我也是 真替他担心 |
[01:26] | He’s focusing all his energy on work. | 他现在全身心投入工作 |
[01:28] | He’s totally avoiding his feelings. | 完全不顾自己的感受 |
[01:30] | Well, on the spectrum of our family’s vices, | 家家有本难念的经 |
[01:32] | Work is a lot healthier than murder. | 玩命工作比真的玩命好多了 |
[01:35] | Hmm. that’s true. | 也对 |
[01:37] | Betty, you have a lot on your plate. | 贝蒂 你已经够忙的了 |
[01:41] | Let me take care of daniel. | 丹尼尔就交给我吧 |
[01:43] | All right. thanks, guys. | 好吧 多谢了 伙计们 |
[01:47] | Puppy! | 狗狗 |
[01:49] | Where did you come from? | 从哪儿来的 |
[01:53] | What the hell is this? | 这是在搞什么 |
[01:55] | Love is a battlefield. | 情场如战场 |
[01:57] | It’s the center spread for our valentine’s issue. | 情人节特刊的跨页版面 |
[01:59] | I thought we were doing puppy love. | 我记得我们要做的是”青涩之恋” |
[02:01] | No, you were doing puppy love. | 不是 是你要做”青涩之恋” |
[02:03] | I didn’t like it. | 我可不喜欢 |
[02:04] | Go ahead. we can start. | 继续 可以开始了 |
[02:05] | Oh, because nothing says romance like missing limbs. | 浪漫又不是缺胳膊少腿 |
[02:08] | I’m on with the p.e.t.a. people about the coat. | 我在跟善待动物组织的人通话 |
[02:10] | They’re in an uproar because you’re wearing dalmatian. | 你穿了斑点狗皮 他们提出抗议 |
[02:12] | Oh, for god sakes,it’s not real dog. | 不能消停会么 又不是真的狗皮 |
[02:14] | It’s rare albino leopard. | 是得了白化病的美洲豹皮 |
[02:16] | It’s rare albino leopard. | 是得了白化病的美洲豹皮 |
[02:18] | Get the kids and the puppies and lose those soldiers. | 小孩和狗上 阿兵哥下 |
[02:19] | Yeah. apparently. | 好的 很明显 |
[02:20] | No, I am not letting you walk all over me. | 不行 你别想骑在我头上 |
[02:22] | This is the shoot I want to do.kill the puppies. | 我的照片我做主 杀了那些狗 |
[02:26] | Did you hear that? | 听到了么 |
[02:27] | Daniel meade kills puppies. | 丹尼尔・米德 冷血杀狗 |
[02:29] | Wilhelmina slater does not support our troops. | 威廉敏娜・斯莱特不拥戴军队 |
[02:32] | And here comes the editor-in-chief argument. | 主编互掐 |
[02:34] | In case you’ve forgotten, I am the editor-in-chief of this magazine. | 提醒一下 我是这个杂志的主编 |
[02:37] | In case you’ve forgotten, I’m the editor-in-chief, too. | 也提醒你下 我也是主编 |
[02:40] | Oh, daniel! every time, for 20 years… I’m not gonna do this with you. | -丹尼尔 每次都这样累不累啊… -这有我没你 |
[02:42] | I want you to leave my set. I’ve worked on this. | -请你离开我的摄影棚 -我付出了那么多 |
[02:45] | I have brought this magazine up–this is my set, wilhelmina. | -这杂志是我一手搞起来的 -威廉敏娜 这是我的摄影棚 |
[02:46] | Okay,i am not the editor-in-chief of this magazine but this is a disaster. | 打住 虽然我不是主编 看看这乱成什么样了 |
[03:02] | This is about setting precedent. | 这完全是挑衅 |
[03:04] | Alexis is gone. | 亚历克西斯走了 |
[03:05] | Wilhelmina and I share power 50/50 now. | 我和威廉敏娜对半分权 |
[03:07] | Okay, daniel, but wilhelmina is not going to budge, and neither are you, | 丹尼尔 威廉敏娜和你都不肯让步 |
[03:11] | Which means we have to do everything twice, | 意味着什么工作都要做两遍 |
[03:13] | But nothing is actually getting done. | 结果还是竹篮打水 |
[03:15] | And hey, look, i-i hate to complain, | 听着 我不是祥林嫂 |
[03:17] | But this is just more work than I can handle. | 但工作太多我实在忙不过来了 |
[03:21] | So what, I should roll over to make your life easier? | 那怎样 要我妥协来解放你吗 |
[03:23] | No, and I’m not loving the attitude, by the way. | 不用 顺带一提 我不喜欢你这种态度 |
[03:26] | I’m just saying something has to change. | 我只想说有些事总得变通 |
[03:32] | I’m bored. | 我很无聊 |
[03:33] | I’m in a rush. | 我赶时间 |
[03:35] | See, this is a perfectly hideous outfit you’re wearing, | 看 你这对不起观众的穿着 |
[03:38] | But I’ve already mocked it. | 我都懒得再嘲笑了 |
[03:39] | Where am I supposed to find job satisfaction? | 工作满足感去哪儿找啊 |
[03:41] | I don’t know. maybe your job. | 我不知道 工作本身 |
[03:43] | Ugh. there’s something at your desk. | 你的桌前有个”东西” |
[03:49] | Hello? | 你好 |
[03:50] | Betty. | 贝蒂 |
[03:52] | Thank god you’re here. | 你终于来了 |
[03:54] | Kimmie? I really need your help. | -吉米 -我急需你的帮助 |
[03:56] | Remember when you came to flushing burger and | 还记得你来法拉盛汉堡店 |
[03:58] | Gave me that speech about how I could do better? | 给我上了一课 说我能活得更好 |
[04:01] | Well, turns out I can’t. | 结果我做不到 |
[04:03] | I quit my job, and no one wants to hire me. | 我辞了职 却再也找不到工作 |
[04:06] | My boyfriend that I hate– he cheated on me with my ex-stepsister. | 可恶的男友 他劈腿 还是和我的前继妹 |
[04:09] | And I’m having pains in my large joints. | 我的关节处老疼 |
[04:11] | I mean, do you think my lyme disease is coming back? | 是不是莱姆关节炎病又犯了 |
[04:14] | I-i don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[04:18] | Look, I would love to blame this all on you, really, I would, | 其实 我真想都怪你头上 特别想 |
[04:21] | But truth is, | 但事实上 |
[04:22] | My life has been a downhill slide into suck since high school. | 不知道啥原因 打从高中起我就霉运不断 |
[04:26] | back then, people would applaud for me when I walked into a room, | 当年 我也风光一时的说 |
[04:29] | Betty, and what if that doesn’t happen anymore? | 贝蒂 万一我一辈子就东山不再起了呢 |
[04:31] | You get used to it. | 那就习惯呗 |
[04:34] | The thing is, you seem to have everything so together, | 话说 你那么风生水起 水涨船高 |
[04:37] | And–and I thought maybe you could help me | 也许可以帮我转转运 |
[04:39] | Turn things around by getting me a job here. | 帮我在这谋个职位 |
[04:45] | Um, gosh, kimmie… | 这个… 吉米… |
[04:49] | I would really, really like to help you. | 我真的非常 非常想帮你 |
[04:53] | It’s just, you know, there aren’t really any openings here and… sorry. | 只是真的没有空缺了 抱歉 |
[04:57] | Betty, you know, I was thinking about what you said earlier. | 贝蒂 我在考虑你刚才说的 |
[04:59] | Things really are crazy here. | 目前的确事态严重 |
[05:01] | Why don’t you get a temp to help you out? | 不如找个临时助理帮你吧 |
[05:02] | Uh, that’s not necessary. | 这没必要 |
[05:03] | Oh, my god. hi. | 老天哪 你好 |
[05:04] | I’m betty’s friend from high school, | 我是贝蒂的高中朋友 |
[05:05] | And we were just talking about how I should maybe work here. | 我们刚才还讨论来着 兴许我能试试 |
[05:08] | Perfect timing. welcome to “mode.” | 雪中送炭 《风尚》欢迎你 |
[05:12] | Yes! yes! | -太棒了 -是啊 |
[05:19] | I’m in hell. | 我好想死 |
[05:21] | Oh, is she really that bad? | 她真有这么坏吗 |
[05:23] | You have no idea. | 你是不知道 |
[05:25] | When we were in junior high, she had the entire student body calling me.. | 上初中时 她弄得全校都叫我… |
[05:29] | .”pig latin.” | “拉丁猪妹” |
[05:30] | Oh, come on. I’ve had an awful lot of trauma. | 拜托 我也有不少惨痛经历 |
[05:33] | For god sake, let me have my laugh. | 看在这份上 好歹让我笑吧 |
[05:35] | How is stuart anyway? | 斯图尔特怎么样了 |
[05:36] | Oh, perfectly fine until he doesn’t want to do the dishes or the washing, | 他非常好 除了不乐意洗碗啊洗衣服啊 |
[05:40] | And then it’s all,”oh, I’m dying. I’m dying.” | 外加成天嚷着 “我要死了 我要死了” |
[05:43] | Christina. | 克里斯蒂娜 |
[05:44] | Oh. we’ve decided to act like everything’s normal. | 我们觉得装作啥事没有 |
[05:48] | It’s the only way to not go crazy. | 只有这样才能不被逼疯 |
[05:51] | So come on. finish telling me about the hateful hellion. | 来吧 继续那啥小太妹 |
[05:55] | Well, I finally make it to high school. | 我终于上高中了 |
[05:58] | It’s my chance at a fresh start, but kimmie is there, too. | 以为能有个新开始 谁知道还是没摆脱吉米 |
[06:07] | Hi, kimmie. | 你好 吉米 |
[06:09] | I was thinking, since we’re both new here and we don’t know anyone else, | 我想咱俩都是新生 又不认识其他人 |
[06:15] | Maybe we could sit together? | 一起坐怎么样 |
[06:19] | Fine. | 好 |
[06:20] | Really? | 真的 |
[06:23] | Oh, my god. okay, great. | 太好了 真是太好了 |
[06:26] | Wait. since you’re up already, would you mind getting me a water? | 等等 反正你还站着 可以帮我拿瓶水吗 |
[06:31] | Of course. no problem-o. | 当然可以 没问题 |
[06:44] | You’ve got something on your skirt. | 你裙子上有东西 |
[06:46] | You’ve got something on your skirt. | 你裙子上有东西 |
[07:01] | And that’s why for four years, they called me “granny pants.” | 这就是他们叫了我四年”贝奶奶的小裤裤”的原因 |
[07:06] | Christin I have worked too hard just to | 克里斯蒂娜 我费尽心机 |
[07:09] | Get the people at “mode” to almost not hate me. | 让《风尚》的同事不那么烦我 |
[07:12] | I don’t want her to ruin that. | 我不想她来毁了这一切 |
[07:14] | I know, but you’ve got all the power now, | 我知道 但这回换你做老大 |
[07:16] | And now it’s your turn to make her life a misery. | 轮到你让她出糗了 |
[07:19] | I don’t know about that. | 我不知道 |
[07:21] | It’s called karma… granny pants. | 这叫因果报应 贝奶奶 |
[07:24] | Yeah, okay, let’s not make that a thing. | 嗨 咱能不提那茬了嘛 |
[07:29] | That was a secret. | 本来没人知道 |
[07:31] | So apparently another Billy Elliot’s voice started to change, | 话说明显又一个《舞动人生》男猪变声了 |
[07:34] | And they’re casting for three new kids. | 他们要招三个新演员 |
[07:37] | Mrs. read’s gonna recommend me for the audition. | 里德老师打算推荐我去试镜 |
[07:39] | Wait. you’re auditioning for “billy elliot” on broadway? | 等下 你要试镜百老汇的《舞动人生》 |
[07:42] | Yeah. | 对 |
[07:42] | I mean, a blue-collar british kid from a coal-mining town with a flair for dance? | 来自英国煤矿小镇 舞技很赞的童工 |
[07:47] | It’s like it was written for me. | 这角色简直就是为我量身订做的 |
[07:48] | She’s gonna call me tonight and let me know. | 她晚上就给我回话了 |
[07:53] | Loser. | 窝囊废 |
[07:55] | Too easy. | 没劲 |
[07:57] | I am sure this happened to patti lupone. | 帕蒂・卢波(美著名歌唱家演员)肯定也受过这气 |
[07:59] | He’s just a stupid jock. | 他就是个傻X |
[08:02] | Daniel was adamant. he wants the one on the left. | 丹尼尔坚持要左边那张 |
[08:04] | But they are exactly the same. | 但这两张是一模一样的 |
[08:06] | No, wilhelmina wants the one on the right. | 不 威廉敏娜要右边那张 |
[08:09] | Welcome to my world. | 知道我多累了吧 |
[08:12] | I got most of your receipts, but wilmemina wasn’t in her office. | 我已经拿到大部分单据了 但威廉敏娜不在办公室 |
[08:15] | Great. oh, there she is. | -好的 -她来了 |
[08:18] | Oh, you really shouldn’t… | 其实你不该… |
[08:22] | It’s your turn to make her life a misery. | 现在轮到你让她出糗了 |
[08:26] | Wait too long. | 等那么久 |
[08:28] | We really need them. | 我们急着用呢 |
[08:33] | Hey,wilmemina,i have to get your receipts. | “胃难闷烂” 我来拿你的单据 |
[08:36] | Oh, my god. | 天啊 |
[08:36] | I have that same jacket, | 我有件一样的夹克 |
[08:37] | Except I got mine at a discount store for 60% off, | 不过我是打四折买的 |
[08:39] | and you can’t even see the hole under the armpit. | 胳肢窝还有个洞 |
[08:43] | Marc? | 小马 |
[08:47] | Scat! | 爬 |
[08:50] | Wilmemina? 60% off? I’m so, so sorry. that will never happen again. | -“胃难闷烂”? 还四折? -我有罪 不会再发生了 |
[08:52] | Why is she even talking to me? never. | 她算那棵葱? |
[08:54] | I know it’s mean, but… it kind of felt good. | 我知道这样很不厚道 但是…有点小爽 |
[08:58] | That bitch got what she deserved. | 那贱人罪有应得 |
[09:01] | And if the tables were turned, | 而且反过来想 |
[09:03] | She would have done something way worse to me. | 她也会对我做坏事的 |
[09:06] | Tie that skank to a lamppost and let her rot. | 直接拉出肠子来勒死丫的 |
[09:11] | Um. okay. what’s going on with you? | 好吧 你咋这么鸡冻 |
[09:15] | Oh, I’m trying not to be sad about coach, so I’m choosing anger. | 失恋不可怕 我要化悲痛为愤怒 |
[09:19] | It’s a great release. | 效果好极了 |
[09:23] | Yeah, she’s been a delight. | 是啊 挺管用 |
[09:25] | You know, have you ever thought about helping kimmie out? | 你有没有想过帮吉米一把 |
[09:30] | Dad, how could you say that? | 老爸 你咋胳膊肘往外拐呢 |
[09:32] | She was terrible to you at flushing burger. | 在法拉盛她是怎么对你的 |
[09:34] | I would totally get revenge on my bullies if I could. | 要有机会 我一定让那些小阿飞知道什么叫以牙还牙 |
[09:37] | Wait a minute. you have bullies? | 等下 你被人欺负了 |
[09:40] | Why didn’t I know about this? it’s nothing. | -怎么不告诉我 -屁大点事 |
[09:42] | Well, it’s gonna be something when I go down there and I kick their asses. | 等我去踹他们屁股时 才是屁大的事 |
[09:45] | We’re talking about betty. betty. | 我们在讨论贝蒂 贝蒂 |
[09:47] | I don’t understand why I have to be the bigger person. | 不知道干嘛我要做大好人 |
[09:50] | I mean, when I started at “mode,” no one helped me. | 我进《风尚》的时候 可没人拉我一把 |
[09:52] | And did you like it? | 你喜欢这样吗 |
[09:55] | No, but I dealt with it, because that is a part of growing up. | 不 但我挺过去了 这是成长必经之路 |
[09:59] | What? so is putting the past behind you. | 如果抛开新愁旧怨 |
[10:02] | If you give kimmie a chance, | 给吉米一个机会 |
[10:04] | Maybe you’ll find you’re not as different as you think. | 也许你会发现完全不同的自己 |
[10:10] | What if we “accidentally” shaved half of betty’s head while she slept? | 如果趁贝蒂睡觉时 “不小心”剃掉她一半头发 |
[10:13] | That’d be something new to mock. | 那就有新笑柄出来了 |
[10:15] | It’s funny, but it seems like a lot of work. | 有点意思 就是不好实施 |
[10:16] | Yeah, and she might actually look better. temp. temp. | 也对 说不定比她现在这衰样还美 临时工 |
[10:22] | Oh, my god. | 额滴神 |
[10:23] | It’s an achy breaky tart. | 香甜可口的小狐狸精 |
[10:28] | Cute tiny backpack. | 小背包好可爱哦 |
[10:31] | Do you put all your tiny scrunchies in it? I do. | -你是不是把随身物品都放在里面 -对 |
[10:34] | Oh, it’s so dope, not ’90s at all. | 很赞 一点不过时 |
[10:37] | Oh, great, because I was worried. | 太好了 我还担心不好看呢 |
[10:39] | You know, i-i haven’t bought new clothes since high school. | 我从上高中以后就没添过新衣服了 |
[10:41] | In my old job, we used to have uniforms. | 我以前的工作都是穿制服的 |
[10:43] | N.i. | 收声 |
[10:48] | I love my job. | 我爱我这份工 |
[10:51] | Okay, people. | 大家 听好 |
[10:52] | We still don’t have a center spread. | 我们还是没决定用哪个跨页版面 |
[10:54] | We have a lot work coming up. whoa! | 还有很多工作要做 |
[10:59] | Oh! sorry! | 抱歉 |
[11:03] | Kimmie… | 吉米 |
[11:05] | Why don’t you go get some waters for the room? | 你去茶水间倒点水来吧 |
[11:07] | Okay. okay. | 好 好 |
[11:08] | Wow. throw a poncho and sideburns on that girl, she could be you, betty. | 马上罩着她了 她本可以和你一样衰 贝蒂 |
[11:12] | Well,for our first new order of business, fire that train wreck. | 我们的最新议程 炒了那傻妞 |
[11:26] | Okay, stop! | 够了 打住 |
[11:28] | Look, sometimes when people walk in here, | 听着 有时第一天来到这里 |
[11:31] | They get nervous and they don’t do so well on their first day or maybe | 也许会紧张 也许笨手笨脚 但… |
[11:35] | They make regrettable wardrobe decisions that they can never live down. | 也许破釜沉舟以出人头地 |
[11:41] | Betty, I know she’s your friend, | 贝蒂 我知道她是你朋友 |
[11:42] | But you’re the one who’s gonna have to pick up | 但如果她做错事 |
[11:44] | The slack if she can’t cut it. well, it won’t happen. | -你就得替他收烂摊子 -不会的 |
[11:49] | I’m gonna turn her into the perfect assistant. | 我要把她变成最棒的助理 |
[12:04] | 丑女贝蒂 | |
[12:12] | Working at “mode” is intimidating, | 在《风尚》工作可是危机四伏 |
[12:14] | So I’ve created an acronym to help you | 我给你总结出了个词 |
[12:16] | Remember the three most important things | 教你记住最重要的三件事 |
[12:18] | a.r.g. “arg.” | 判-研-击 “骗子” |
[12:20] | Let’s start with “a”– anticipate. | 咱先从”判”说起 –预判 |
[12:21] | Know what people need before they do. | 预先判断人们的需求 |
[12:23] | How do you know what they– | 你怎么知道他们 |
[12:25] | I anticipated you were gonna ask that. wow. | 我就预判到你要问这个 |
[12:26] | You’re good. | 你强 |
[12:27] | I know. then there’s “r”–research. | 我知道 然后是”研”–调研 |
[12:29] | Read everything, listen to everything, know everything. | 多看 多听 多琢磨 |
[12:31] | Everything? | 多 |
[12:33] | Did I not just say everything three times? | 我不是刚重复了三次嘛 |
[12:34] | For example, | 例如 |
[12:34] | Yesterday you needed to know that if you need wilhelmina’s receipts, | 昨天要单据前要先侦查好 |
[12:38] | You never ask her for them. | 就不能直接找她要 |
[12:39] | but you told me to. | 是你让我去的呀 |
[12:40] | Another lesson–be careful who you listen to. | 下一课–不是谁的话都听 |
[12:42] | But back to wilhelmina. avoidance is key. | 说回到对付威廉敏娜 诀窍就是绕着走 |
[12:45] | If you screw up with her | 要是你把她惹毛了 |
[12:46] | you’re fired or you could die. | 炒鱿鱼没啥 就怕小命难保 |
[12:47] | There have been rumors. | 绝非危言耸听 |
[12:48] | If you need something, this is what you do. | 有所需的时候 你得学我这样 |
[12:50] | Wow. | 哎呀 |
[12:50] | It’s too bad daniel can’t go to the premiere | 丹尼尔没法去首映了 好可惜 |
[12:53] | For that new colin farrell movie. | 那可是柯林・法瑞尔的新片啊 |
[12:54] | colin farrell? | 柯林・法瑞尔 |
[12:56] | Oh, that’s right. amanda mentioned you liked him. | 哦 对哦 阿曼达提过你喜欢他 |
[12:58] | What do you want? wilhelmina’s september receipts. | -交换条件 -威廉敏娜九月的单据 |
[13:00] | Do I get a guest? if you promise me october. | -能多带个人吗 -那十月的你也包了 |
[13:02] | All right, on your desk in an hour | 成交 一小时内放你桌上 |
[13:03] | and that’s “g”–gumption. | 这就是”击” 主动出击 |
[13:05] | Wow. this is harder than I thought. | 哇 这可比我想的要难 |
[13:06] | Well, take a deep breath because we’re just getting started. | 深呼吸 实战马上开始 |
[13:11] | Oh! oh, god. aah! ah! | 烫 |
[13:14] | Try again. wilhelmina. | 再来次 威廉–敏娜 |
[13:17] | Wilmemina. | 威拉妈妈咪呀 |
[13:19] | Wil-hel-mina. | 威-廉-敏娜 |
[13:22] | Wilmemina. | 威拉妈妈咪呀 |
[13:29] | Okay, take it by the handle and press that button. | 抓住把儿 按这个钮 |
[13:33] | Wil-ah-mina. | 威-廉-敏娜 |
[13:36] | Wil-mel-mina. | 威-马-敏娜 |
[13:37] | Okay, there’s an easy way to remember this. | 算了 教你个容易记的 |
[13:39] | There’s “hell” in it. | 这里面有个 “廉” |
[13:41] | Hell-me-mina. what is wrong with you? | -“廉-威敏娜” -你秀逗啊 |
[13:44] | Maybe this was a big mistake. | 也许我就不该来这儿 |
[13:46] | No, no, no, no, no, no. it’s not a big mistake. | 不不不不不 你得坚持 |
[13:49] | Look, | 听着 |
[13:50] | I know that these past couple of years have been really rough on you, | 我知道过去这几年你很蹉跎 |
[13:55] | But you’re kimmie keegan. | 但你可是吉米・基根啊 |
[13:58] | You were homecoming queen and prom queen and | 你是返校节明星 毕业舞会的女王 |
[14:01] | President of the senior class and a cheerleader. | 你是高年级学生会主席 啦啦队员 |
[14:06] | Head cheerleader. | 啦啦队长 |
[14:07] | Head cheerleader. see? | 啦啦队的头儿 瞧 |
[14:10] | Now you just gotta find that confidence that you had in high school. | 你得把在高中那劲头找回来 |
[14:16] | Two, four, six, eight. | 二 四 六 八 |
[14:20] | Kimmie keegan used to be great? | 吉米・基根也有辉煌时 |
[14:22] | That’s a start. | 就这样 |
[14:24] | You are really stepping up. | 你进步很大啊 |
[14:27] | That look on wilhelmina’s stretched face when | 当你不吃威廉敏娜那套 |
[14:31] | You refused to give in to her shoot was priceless. | 看她那张扭曲的脸真是很爽 |
[14:35] | Since when do you eat kids’ cereal? | 你什么时候开始吃儿童麦片了 |
[14:37] | D.j. turned me on to it. | 都是小丹尼尔带的 |
[14:39] | It turns the milk blue. | 瞧 牛奶变蓝了 |
[14:42] | Oh, I also found some of d.j.’s things around the house– baseball cards.. | 我还在家里找到点小丹尼尔的东西 棒球卡 |
[14:50] | Lingerie catalogue… | 内衣产品目录 |
[14:53] | Oh, and something called revenge of the pimps.” | 噢 还有本《皮条客复仇记》 |
[14:56] | Actually, that’s mine. | 其实 那是我的 |
[15:00] | I know what you’re trying to do. | 我知道你的意思 |
[15:03] | I don’t want to talk about it. | 可我不想谈这事 |
[15:07] | Just having my morning bowl of marshmallows. | 我不就是在吃早饭么 |
[15:10] | What do you want me to say? | 你想让我说什么 |
[15:12] | I miss him. | 我想他 |
[15:14] | When he was here, I had m-more balance. | 当他在时 我更安心 |
[15:20] | It’s like… | 就像 |
[15:21] | The stupid things didn’t matter anymore. | 那些傻事全都和我没关系 |
[15:23] | Now all I have are the stupid things. | 可现在我却只剩下这些烦心事 |
[15:25] | I-i just–i… | 我 我只想… |
[15:28] | You just what? | 什么呢 |
[15:30] | I want a family, mom. | 我想要个家 妈妈 |
[15:33] | Well, that’s wonderful. | 那真太好了 |
[15:36] | I guess. | 我想也是 |
[15:38] | But what am I supposed to do about it? | 不过 我该怎么做呢 |
[15:40] | The women I’ve been meeting aren’t exactly life mates. | 我生命中的出现过的那些女人注定只是过客 |
[15:43] | I mean, my clock is ticking. | 我是说 时不我待了啊 |
[15:47] | Your father conceived a child after he was dead. | 你爸都死了还留种了呢 |
[15:50] | You’ll be fine. | 你不用急 |
[16:04] | Very good. yeah, yeah, yeah, it’s good | 太棒了 很好 不错 挺好 |
[16:06] | but you’re still popping your hip. | 但你还是扭屁股 |
[16:08] | Hilda. | 希尔达 |
[16:09] | I saw “a chorus line,” okay? okay, mom? | -我看过《大歌舞》好吧(有关歌舞剧选秀的电影) -得了 |
[16:13] | Mom, I’m going to get some water. | 妈 我去喝口水 |
[16:16] | Okay, | 行 |
[16:16] | But don’t think that means you get an automatic bathroom break in an hour. | 但别自作主张地在里边磨蹭一小时 |
[16:20] | You’re riding him pretty hard, don’t you think? | 不觉得逼太紧了么 |
[16:22] | Maybe it’s time for you to be done with the anger phase. | 你悲愤期该过了吧 |
[16:25] | no, no, no. it’s not anger. | 没没 不是那个 |
[16:27] | It’s just… I really want him to get this. | 我就是…特想他能抓住机会 |
[16:30] | He’s having a hard time at school lately. really? | -最近他在学校不太顺 -真的 |
[16:32] | Yeah. you heard him talking about the bullies. | 真的 你听他说起过那些小阿飞吧 |
[16:35] | Yeah, but I didn’t think it was serious. | 嗯 不过我没当回事 |
[16:37] | He downplays it, but I just want him to have a place where he fits in. | 他不在乎 但我想他有个施展才华的舞台 |
[16:43] | Okay. I’m ready. | 行了 我好了 |
[16:45] | From the top. five, six, seven, eight. | -从头开始 -五 六 七 八 |
[16:51] | Hey. so I noticed daniel’s cuticles were a little rough. | 我发现丹尼尔的角质层有点糙 |
[16:54] | I heard the beauty editor talking about this new | 我听一个美编提过一种新SPA |
[16:56] | Spa where they soak your fingers in organic olive oil. | 把手指浸在有机橄榄油里 |
[16:59] | They told me no openings till march. | 他们说三月份才开张 |
[17:01] | I told them no “editor’s pick” in “mode.” | 我就说 那你们别想上我们的”小编推荐” |
[17:04] | Daniel has an appointment for friday. | 就给丹尼尔周五预约上啦 |
[17:08] | Well… | 哇 |
[17:10] | You anticipated, did research and showed gumption. | 你预判 研究 而且主动出击啦 |
[17:12] | Arg. arg. | 骗子 骗子 |
[17:14] | You’ve been so amazing to me. | 你可帮我大忙了 |
[17:16] | I have to find a way to thank you. oh, it’s not necessary. | -我得好好谢谢你 -小意思 不必啦 |
[17:18] | Let’s go out tonight. really? | -今晚咱们就出去 -真的 |
[17:21] | I was updating daniel’s contacts | 我更新丹尼尔的通讯录来着 |
[17:22] | and I got us into all the hot clubs. | 给咱俩订了最火的夜店 |
[17:24] | I’ve tried to get in before, | 我以前就想去 |
[17:25] | But it’s like they could smell the bridge and tunnel on me. | 不过他们老能嗅出我是农转非 |
[17:28] | But tonight you and me are v.i.p. | 但是今晚 你我可是VIP |
[17:31] | I’m so glad we’re becoming friends. | 和你做朋友我真高兴 |
[17:35] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[17:38] | Could you proof this? sure. | -帮我检查下 -没问题 |
[17:42] | Is this an application for a dating service? | 这是份约会服务申请表吗 |
[17:45] | Actually, it’s a discreet,high-end matchmaking organization. | 其实 这是个高端又保密的婚介 |
[17:48] | I thought it’s time I got serious about meeting someone. | 我想是时候认真相个亲了 |
[17:51] | And since the last woman I picked ended up burning my house down, | 鉴于前女友最后以烧了我的房子告吹 |
[17:54] | I thought I’d trust the professionals. | 我决定信赖专业人士 |
[17:56] | That’s wonderful. okay, you’re not this tall. | 不错啊 看这儿 你可没那么高 |
[18:01] | Depends on the shoe. keep reading. | 得看穿啥鞋 往下看 |
[18:03] | “likes–sports…” mm-hmm. | “热衷运动…” 属实 |
[18:06] | “women…” mm-hmm. | “女人…” 属实 |
[18:07] | “yoga”? | “瑜珈” |
[18:09] | Yeah, I took a class. | 是啊 我报了个班 |
[18:11] | Right. “walks at sunset and myself.” | 那好 “孤身漫步夕阳下”呢 |
[18:16] | Well, I thought it shows healthy self-esteem. | 这表明我健康向上自信活泼 |
[18:18] | Why don’t I just take a quick pass at this? | 我还是自己过一遍吧 |
[18:21] | Oh, oh, by the way, do you think we’re gonna be working late tonight? | 对了 我们今晚要加班不 |
[18:24] | Uh, probably not. | 应该不会 |
[18:25] | Good. | 爽 |
[18:28] | Don’t you want to know what I’m doing? | 你不想知道我要干啥吗 |
[18:30] | What are you doing, bey? | 你要干啥 贝蒂 |
[18:32] | I’m going clubbing with kimmie keegan. yeah! | 我和吉米・基根要去酒吧嗨 |
[18:34] | Betty suarez is going clubbing with kimmie keegan. | 贝蒂・苏亚雷斯和吉米・基根一起去酒吧 |
[18:37] | Fun. | 不错嘛 |
[18:38] | No, you have no idea what a big deal this is. | 不 你不知道这事的意义有多重大 |
[18:41] | In high school, she wouldn’t even give me the time of day. | 高中时她整天都不搭理我 |
[18:44] | And now, I mean, I really like her, and she likes me. | 而现在 我真心喜欢她 她也一样喜欢我 |
[18:49] | You know, it just goes to show, you can get over your past, | 你看 这恰好证实了过去的都是浮云 |
[18:52] | Which is a great lesson for you and wilhelmina. | 你和威廉敏娜都该学着 |
[18:54] | -Go. -going. | -消失 -闪了 |
[18:59] | I noticed you like a sugar fix after lunch | 我发现你喜欢在午饭后吃点甜食 |
[19:00] | So I brought you a cookie. | 所以我给你带了曲奇 |
[19:06] | You’re pretty. | 你真漂亮 |
[19:07] | I just assumed you weren’t because you’re a friend of betty’s. | 贝蒂的朋友咋还能这么聪明 |
[19:10] | Oh, betty’s the best, isn’t she? | 贝蒂最棒了 是吧 |
[19:11] | I mean, she taught me everything about this place. | 我是指 她教会我这里的生存法则 |
[19:14] | I can–i can collate, I can reduce, I can do double-sided. | 让我照猫画虎 少走弯路 应对自如 |
[19:17] | I officially rock the copy room. | 我正式成为复印室女王 |
[19:19] | Okay, I don’t know where this copy room is. | 好吧 我不晓得复印室在哪 |
[19:24] | Look, knowing stuff is fine for girls like betty, | 听着 对贝蒂那种天生劣质的恐龙来说 |
[19:27] | Who don’t have their looks to skate by on, | 是应该懂多点东西 |
[19:29] | But I can show you what’s really important. | 让我告诉你真正重要的是什么 |
[19:42] | No. | 免了 |
[19:48] | Can you believe this? it’s so exciting. | 你相信吗 太鸡冻人心了 |
[19:51] | My baby’s on broadway. | 我家宝贝要去百老汇啦 |
[19:52] | Okay, ready? smile. | 好 来 笑一个 |
[19:55] | Mom. | 老妈 |
[19:59] | Okay, I’m gonna go sign in. | 我签到去了 |
[20:01] | Okay. good luck. hi. sit – down. sit down. | -好滴 好运 -你快坐下吧 |
[20:09] | What are you doing here? | 你在这干嘛 |
[20:10] | What? I thought I’d give the acting thing a try. | 干嘛 我想来试镜 |
[20:15] | Whatever. | 管它呢 |
[20:15] | My mom said I could only play football if I did this. | 我老妈说我搞了这个就让我踢球 |
[20:20] | “a” through “m,” over here. | “a”到”m”的 到这来 |
[20:22] | Checking out the competition? | 打听敌情吗 |
[20:24] | He goes to my school. | 他跟我同校 |
[20:26] | Trust me. that guy’s no competish. | 相信我 他是小菜一碟 |
[20:30] | They’re sending you on a dinner cruise | 他们给你安排了一次绕港水上晚餐 |
[20:32] | Around the harbor so you can get to know her. | 以便你多了解那位女士 |
[20:34] | I still can’t believe they found someone that fast. | 真不敢相信他们这么快就找到人 |
[20:37] | I kind of wish I had time for that olive oil manicure. | 我还想找时间做个橄榄油护甲 |
[20:39] | Right. well, here’s a copy of her profile– number 4-9-5-2-4. | 好吧 这是她的资料 4-9-5-2-4号 |
[20:43] | She is smart, a former model, | 有涵养 以前是模特 |
[20:45] | Loves her job and her idea of a perfect Day | 热爱她的工作 |
[20:48] | is a picnic in the park with children. | “完美的一天”是在公园和孩子野餐 |
[20:54] | She sounds perfect. | 看来她挺完美的 |
[20:55] | She’ll think you’re perfect, too. | 她也会这么看你的 |
[21:01] | Oh, maybe you do another button. | 扣子可以多一个 |
[21:05] | The other way. | 让你系不是解 |
[21:37] | Kimmie, hi. | 吉米 嗨 |
[21:40] | You look so… | 你看起来太… |
[21:42] | I know, right? | 我知道 很棒吧 |
[21:42] | Amanda took me to the closet and hair and makeup. | 阿曼达带我去穿衣打扮整头发了 |
[21:45] | I mean, I can’t believe we can just use those things | 我简直无法相信 |
[21:47] | Whenever we want | 能随心所欲地用那些东西 |
[21:48] | We can’t. amanda just tends to | 不能 这都是阿曼达 |
[21:50] | -make up her own rule -oh, got it | -自己订的规矩 -这样啊 |
[21:51] | Unfortunately, I was talking to amanda about us going clubbing tonight, | 不幸地 我跟阿曼达讲了我们晚上要去酒吧 |
[21:55] | And she said it would be way more fun | 她说要是她和小马也去的话 |
[21:57] | If her and marc came, too. no! it–it wouldn’t. | -会更有意思 -不要 不会的 |
[22:00] | Okay, I mean, i-i– what was I supposed to do? | 好吧 那我该怎么办 |
[22:03] | I had to invite them. but tonight is about you and me. | 我必须邀请他们 但今晚是属于你和我的 |
[22:06] | So don’t worry. we’ll totally ignore them. | 所以别担心 我们无视他们 |
[22:11] | What are you guys talking about? | 你们在聊啥 |
[22:16] | Okay, does it– can I open this? | 这玩意能打开么 |
[22:18] | No, too dangerous. but I know them. | -不可以 太危险了 -可我认识他们 |
[22:21] | One time I let my girlfriend open it. she was shot. | 有次我让女友打开了 然后她就中枪了 |
[22:24] | Oh, my god. | 我的天 |
[22:25] | On the plus side, I’m single. | 换言之 我又单身了 |
[22:30] | What are you laughing about? | 你们乐啥呢 |
[22:32] | What’s–what’s so funny? | 啥事这么好笑 |
[22:35] | It’s too hard to explain. | 很难说清楚 |
[22:38] | You could try. no, I won’t, I won’t. | -你可以试试 -不了 |
[22:41] | You could try. I can’t even explain it like that. | -你可以试试 -我说了你也听不懂 |
[22:42] | I’m pretty smart. | 我很聪明的 |
[22:45] | You know, you’re not part of their group. | 知道吗 你和她们不是一类人 |
[22:49] | Yes, I am. | 不 我是 |
[22:51] | Oh, my god. we are totally here. | 我滴天 到了到了 |
[22:53] | Guys. | 同志们 |
[22:54] | Guys, we have to pay. | 我们得付车费啊 |
[23:06] | Mr. meade, welcome. I’m harmony. | 欢迎 米德先生 我是何美(媒婆当然叫和美) |
[23:10] | Appropriate, right? totally my real name. | 很应景对吧 我的真名哦 |
[23:13] | But you are not here to talk to me. | 不过你不是和我相亲啦 |
[23:15] | Your date is right over there. | 她就在那边 |
[23:20] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[23:29] | You must be 4-9-5-2-4. | 你一定是4-9-5-2-4 了(��) |
[23:38] | Your ideal day is a picnic in the park with the kids? | 你”完美的一天”是在公园里和孩子野餐 |
[23:41] | 6’4″? | 6尺4寸(约1米92) |
[23:43] | I’m leaving. no, I’m leaving. you’re not walking out on me. | -我要走了 -不 是我要走 你别想在我面前走 |
[23:49] | Wait. wait, wait, wait. no. stop the boat. | 等等 等等 停下 把船停下 |
[23:53] | Oh! you have got to be kidding. | 整人也不带这么整的 |
[23:57] | Excuse me. sorry. gotta get to the front. | 借过一下 不要意思 我要去前面 |
[24:00] | Betty, come on. I’m with them. | -贝蒂 快点 -我们一起的 |
[24:01] | Sorry. I had to pay the cab. kimmie keegan plus three. | 对不起 刚才在付车费 吉米・基根加三个人 |
[24:05] | I’ve only got you plus two. pick your friends. | 只能加两个人 挑俩朋友吧 |
[24:10] | Oh, me. me. me. me. we, we, we. we. | 我 我 我们 我们 |
[24:15] | How about marc, amanda and me go in | 不如我和他们先进去 |
[24:17] | And see if it’s even worth staying here? | 看看里面好不好玩 |
[24:19] | Good-bye. miss you. | -拜拜 -闪啦 |
[24:20] | But well–or maybe just two of us could go in and two could stay out here. | 不如他俩进去我们留在这吧 |
[24:24] | Don’t worry. if it’s cool then I’ll come and get you. | 放心 要好玩的话我就出来接你 |
[24:26] | Ten minutes. um, okay. | -10分钟内 -好吧 |
[24:29] | I guess I’ll just wait here. oh, okay. all right. | 那我只好等等咯 好吧 |
[24:39] | Why are you doing this anyway? | 你干嘛要做这个 |
[24:41] | Excuse me? | 啥子 |
[24:41] | There are people here who take this really seriously, | 来这的人是很认真对待试镜的 |
[24:45] | Like getting this part could change their life. | 他们把这个当作命运转折点 |
[24:49] | I don’t go down to the football field | 我不去球场比赛 |
[24:50] | Because I feel like giving ball tossing a try. | 因为我想先练好传球 |
[24:52] | You’re just mad I’m good. | 你是鬼闹 我这才叫好 |
[24:55] | Doubt it. this is good… | 我可不这么想 这才叫好 |
[25:03] | That’s all you got? | 就这点本事 |
[25:12] | Not bad. | 不错嘛 |
[25:13] | All right, but not this… | 看好了 这更不错 |
[25:24] | Yeah, yeah, yeah. all right, all right. | 好了好了 |
[25:25] | Save it for the stage, okay? group four, you’re up. | 留到台上去跳吧 第四组 到你们了 |
[25:29] | Excuse me. watch it. | 借过 走着瞧 |
[25:34] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[25:42] | Those guys were really good. | 他们真的很不错 |
[25:44] | Yeah. I think that short kid was actually flying. | 是啊 我觉得那个矮冬瓜实际上在飞 |
[25:50] | So are we ready to get to know each other? | 那么 准备好了解对方了吗? |
[25:55] | Watch it, you two. I’m feeling the tension. | 看看 你们俩个 我闻到了紧张 |
[26:05] | What? | 干嘛 |
[26:07] | I can’t believe wilhelmina slater uses a dating service. | 我不敢相信威廉敏娜・斯莱特竟然找婚介 |
[26:11] | Well, marc doesn’t fulfill all of my needs. | 小马没有做足工作 |
[26:14] | God knows he’s given it the old college try. | 上帝才知道他已经竭尽所能了 |
[26:18] | Well, I guess it just shows you everyone gets lonely. | 我想这只是体现了你们都很寂寞 |
[26:22] | I’m not lonely. I’m horny. | 我不孤独 我很饥渴 |
[26:24] | Ahem. your first course is oysters on the half shell. | 你们的第一道菜是盛在半边贝壳上的牡蛎 |
[26:28] | They’re an aphrodisiac, not that you need one. | 它们是滋阴补阳的 你不需要哈(饥渴嘛) |
[26:33] | Now can I bring you two some wine? | 需要上红酒么 |
[26:36] | Dear god, yes. yeah. keep it coming. | -上帝 那当然 -是的 快点上来吧 |
[26:51] | They went with the short kid. | 他们选了那个矮冬瓜 |
[26:53] | Come here. | 过来 |
[26:54] | They’re idiots. | 他们是白痴 |
[26:56] | “billy elliot” is dead to me. | 封杀《舞动人生》 |
[26:58] | Yeah, anybody can do that silly choreography. | 是啊 谁都可以完成那编好的傻叉舞蹈 |
[27:02] | You–you make it your own. | 而你有自己的风格 |
[27:05] | Hey, why don’t we go and get some ice cream to cheer you guys up? | 不如去吃点冰淇淋哄你们开开心呢 |
[27:10] | Okay. | 好的 |
[27:11] | I’m gonna get my bag. | 我去拿包 |
[27:12] | Meet you outside. | 外面等你 |
[27:13] | All right. | 好的 |
[27:31] | Are you okay? | 你还好吧 |
[27:33] | Go away. | 滚开 |
[27:37] | Could you pass the–no. | -你可以递给我… -不可以 |
[27:40] | I hope you didn’t fill up because you’re not done yet. | 希望你们还没吃饱 因为才还没上完呢 |
[27:43] | Why? how many courses are there? eight. | -怎么了 你们共有多少道菜 -八道 |
[27:45] | I know. | 我了解 |
[27:49] | I have got to get off this boat. | 我想离开这船 |
[28:00] | You can’t set the boat on fire. | 你能放火烧船 |
[28:01] | Explosives work better, and we didn’t plan ahead. | 不如炸了吧 可我们没事先计划好 |
[28:06] | Crap. | 该死 |
[28:09] | Wait. here. | 等等 来 |
[28:11] | Let me show you. | 让我来 |
[28:17] | She’s coming. come on. | 她来了 过来 |
[28:19] | Act casual. | 装样子 |
[28:22] | Okay, okay, okay. | 淡定 淡定 淡定 |
[28:25] | Don’t panic. this happens, like, every other cruise. | 别怕 这事常有 |
[28:29] | But just as a precaution, the captain’s heading back to shore. aw. | 但为以防万一 船长将会掉头靠岸 |
[28:47] | Check our name. check again. | 查查我们的名字 再查一次吧 |
[28:49] | Taxi! | 计程车 |
[28:54] | Betty. | 贝蒂 |
[28:56] | I’m so sorry it took so long. | 我很抱歉让你等那么久 |
[28:58] | Wait. you’re not leaving, are you? | 等等 你不是要走吧 |
[29:00] | Kimmie, I’ve been waiting out here for 45 minutes. | 吉米 我在这外面等了45分钟了 |
[29:03] | I mean, it’s been fun, but I think I’ve had enough. | 这很有趣 但是我已经受够了 |
[29:06] | But you can’t go. we haven’t even talked yet. | 你不能走 我们都还没聊过 |
[29:09] | Kimmie, I don’t understand you. | 吉米 我不了解你 |
[29:11] | One minute you’re like, “hey, let’s hang out,” | 一分钟前 你说”我们出去玩吧” |
[29:13] | And the next you’re ditching me and sharing “too hard to explain” jokes. | 下一分钟就晾我一边 说”这很难解释”的笑话 |
[29:17] | Look, we don’t have to be friends. | 我们不是非要成为朋友 |
[29:19] | Just don’t pretend we are if we’re not. | 如果不是朋友 就别假装是 |
[29:22] | No, no. we are friends. I swear. | 不 不 我们是朋友 我发誓 |
[29:24] | That’s why I got amanda and marc in, so we could ditch them. really? | -所以我才带上阿曼达和小马 然后就甩了他们 -真的? |
[29:28] | Yeah, totally. we’re getting out of here. | 是 当然了 我们离开这里 |
[29:31] | I’ve got us lined up for three more clubs and a couple after hours. | 我还给咱俩订了三间酒吧 接下来还几场后续的 |
[29:34] | Oh, I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[29:36] | What about work tomorrow? we’ll be exhausted. | 明天还上班呢 我们肯定精疲力尽 |
[29:37] | Not if we go in late. | 如果我们晚点去就不会 |
[29:38] | Daniel and wilhelmina have a meeting at the design studio until noon. | 丹尼尔和威廉敏娜会在设计室开会到中午 |
[29:42] | They’ll never even know we’re gone. it’ll be fun. | 他们不会注意到我们没去 会很好玩的 |
[29:46] | Getting into these places is so new for the both of us. | 这些地方我们都没去过 |
[29:49] | Let’s do it together. come on. we’re friends, aren’t we? | 一起去吧 去嘛 我们是朋友嘛 |
[29:52] | Yeah. | 好吧 |
[29:54] | Let’s go. | 走 |
[29:56] | It’ll be so much fun. | 会很好玩的 |
[29:59] | I will never forget. | 我永远不会忘记 |
[30:00] | Nico was 4, and I was leaving for the black and white ball, | 妮可四岁的时候 我去参加黑白酒会 |
[30:04] | And she threw up all over armani– the–the man, not the gown. | 她吐了阿玛尼一身–我说的是阿玛尼本人哦 |
[30:11] | See, that’s what I want. | 瞧 我要的就是这样 |
[30:12] | I mean, not that exactly, but the memories, the perspective it gives you. | 不是一模一样的 只是类似的美好的回忆 |
[30:18] | I know you think you have to have kids right away, | 我知道你很想马上要个孩子 |
[30:20] | But 2 months with a 12 year old is not the same as having a baby. | 但和12岁的孩子相处两个月和自己生个是两码事 |
[30:25] | I know. so what you should do is take all the time you need to prepare. | -我知道 -你该做的是做好充分的准备 |
[30:30] | I mean, lord knows I screwed up with nico, not being ready. | 上帝知道我不是个好妈妈 就是没准备好 |
[30:33] | Well, maybe you’ll handle things differently with this baby. | 这次快降生的宝宝会好起来的 |
[30:36] | I hope so. | 我也希望如此 |
[30:37] | I mean, it wouldn’t hurt to hedge my bets and try to find a partner. | 做两手准备 找个老公不挺好的 |
[30:42] | As much as I’m sure me and the baby and the nanny will | 相信我 孩子 还有保姆 |
[30:46] | Make a happy household, i… there’s room for one more person. | 会成为吉祥的一家…还可以住多一个人的 |
[30:52] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[30:54] | So… | 那… |
[30:54] | Any idea how the hell we’re gonna handle things with both of us in charge? | 我们俩一起管事这个怎么解决呢 |
[31:01] | Well, I hate to admit it, but we did make a good team tonight. yeah. | -我也不想承认 但今晚我们配合的很好 -那倒是 |
[31:06] | Maybe, um, we should start trusting each other. | 或许我们可以互相信任 |
[31:10] | No offense, but I’d say trusting you would be making a rookie mistake. | 无意冒犯 但我得说 信你会是个超级大错误 |
[31:16] | Touch? | 是么 |
[31:18] | Perhaps we all have our pasts to overcome. | 我们过去是有些隔阂 |
[31:22] | But maybe with time, you’ll see that I can change. | 但是随着时间的推移 你会发现我会改变 |
[31:29] | Wait. that’s not your building. | 等等 那不是你家 |
[31:32] | Um, I called a “buddy.” | 我叫了个 “鸭子” |
[31:35] | While I certainly have long-term goals, I also have short-term needs. | 尽管我有长远打算 也有短期需求嘛 |
[32:03] | H… hello? | 你好? |
[32:06] | Betty, is everything okay? | 贝蒂 你没事吧 |
[32:09] | Daniel, what time is it? | 丹尼尔 几点了 |
[32:11] | Uh, 10:00. my meeting canceled. | 10点了 我的会议取消了 |
[32:13] | Where are you? | 你在哪里 |
[32:14] | Oh, my god. I’m so sorry. I’ll be there in a jif. | 我的天 真对不起 我马上赶到 |
[32:17] | Actually, you know what? kimmie’s here. | 知道吗? 吉米已经到了 |
[32:19] | Kimmie’s there? she can cover for you. | -吉米已经到了 -她可以掩护你 |
[32:22] | Well, can I talk to– I’m here! I’m here! | 我可以跟… 我到了 我到了 |
[32:29] | I’m here. I’m here. I’m here. I’m here. I’m here. | 我到了 我到了 我到了 |
[32:30] | Betty, look, there’s pictures from us last night all over the internet. | 贝蒂 看 我们昨晚的照片漫网飞 |
[32:34] | That’s a picture of you and my elbow. | 是你和我的肘子 |
[32:36] | Yeah, but you can totally tell it’s you. hi. | 是啊 但是一看就知道是你的肘子 |
[32:38] | Well, here’s one bright spot this morning. | 今早的大亮点 |
[32:42] | You got “mode” onto “page six.” | 你让《时尚》上了《纽约邮报》第六版(八卦版) |
[32:43] | We haven’t been there in ages. good work. | 我们很久没在那上面出现了 干得好 |
[32:48] | Nice of you to join us. well, i… | -很高兴你的加入 -我… |
[32:51] | Darn. you got cut out of that one. | 草 你该把它剪下来 |
[32:53] | Kimmie, what about our pact? | 吉米 我们的约定呢 |
[32:56] | I was an idiot to think that I could sleep in when | 我白痴地以为自己也可以睡过头 |
[32:59] | You have total seniority over me, so I covered for you. | 可你资历比我高很多 所以我掩护了你 |
[33:01] | I texted you. um, I didn’t get a text. | -我给你发短信了 -我没收到短信啊 |
[33:05] | That’s weird. I sent one. nope. no text here. | -真奇怪 我发了一条的 -没有 没有短信 |
[33:09] | Well, it must have gotten lost. she’s lying. | -肯定是弄丢了 -她在说谎 |
[33:13] | I should have known something was up when she | 我应该意识到点什么了 |
[33:15] | ordered me that second long island iced tea. | 当她给我点了第二杯长岛冰茶 |
[33:17] | By the way, not tea. | PS 根本不是”茶” |
[33:19] | What is she trying to do, take your job? | 她是要抢你的饭碗吧 |
[33:21] | No way. She would never want to work that hard. | 不可能 这位大小姐才不愿像我忙成这样 |
[33:24] | Kimmie’s just always drawn her power from | 吉米就是喜欢让我出丑 |
[33:26] | making me look bad so she looks good, ugh. | 好来衬托她 增加魅力! |
[33:29] | There’s no chance that text got lost, right? | 短信不会收不到吧 |
[33:32] | Well, I texted you five times this morning, | 我早上给你发的5条 |
[33:34] | and you got every single one of those. | 你不是都收到了么 |
[33:36] | You may have graduated, but high school never ends. | 高中毕业了 还是有的你受 |
[33:44] | Oh, my god. Look how tiny I am. | 哎呀 我那时好娇小 |
[33:45] | -You’re still tiny. -Oh, I know. | -你现在也很骨感呀 -是啊 |
[33:49] | What are you guys looking at? | 你们在看什么呢 |
[33:50] | Oh, I wanted to show them my cheerleading pictures, | 我想给他们看我在啦啦队的照片 |
[33:52] | so I brought in our high school yearbook. | 所以我把高中同学录带来了 |
[33:54] | Wait, you have to see this one. | 这张一定要看 |
[33:57] | Oh, my god. | 额滴神 |
[34:00] | Hello, perm. It’s like someone deep-fried your hair. | 我说爆炸头 谁把你的头发拿去油炸了吗 |
[34:03] | And she’s wearing the same thing in | 还有 她现在竟然还穿着 |
[34:05] | her chess club picture as she is today. | 以前在象棋俱乐部时的衣服 |
[34:09] | -Well, it was a rough morning. -Then or now? | -那是个很背的早晨 -那时还是今天 |
[34:12] | Don’t worry. I’m embarrassed, too. | 别介意 我也自毁形象了 |
[34:14] | -I mean, my skirts are crazy short. -Mm, so short. | -我那超短裙都走光完了 -确实超短 |
[34:17] | Betty, since you’re up, would you mind getting me a water, please? | 贝蒂 能顺手帮我拿瓶水吗 |
[34:20] | Yeah, sure. | 没问题 |
[34:41] | Betty, you have something on your skirt. | 贝蒂 你裙子上粘了点东西 |
[34:45] | -You’ve got something on your skirt. -Hmm? | -你裙子上粘了点东西 -什么 |
[34:49] | Not again! | 休想 |
[35:01] | What? | 干嘛? |
[35:03] | What…what are you looking at? | 你们看什么看 |
[35:04] | She was…about to do that to me. | 她想这样整我来着 |
[35:07] | She did it back in high school. | 她高中时候就这样整过我 |
[35:09] | Tell them. | 告诉他们啊 |
[35:11] | They called me “granny pants” for four years. | 他们叫了我四年”贝奶奶的小裤裤” |
[35:15] | I thought we were friends. | 我以为我们是朋友 |
[35:20] | We are. | 我们是 |
[35:22] | We are friends, Kimmie. | 我们是朋友 吉米 |
[35:24] | I just thought that…I thought that you were gonna… | 我只是以为…以为你又要… |
[35:28] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[35:29] | Come on. | 我们走 |
[35:32] | La Perla? | 乐裴拉吗(意大利时尚内衣品牌) |
[35:34] | Hanky Panky. | 晗奇潘琪(美国内衣品牌) |
[35:35] | Oh, they’re totally hot. | 灰常性感 |
[35:36] | Granny pants. | 贝奶奶的小裤裤 |
[35:39] | Sexy pants. | 热辣辣的小裤裤 |
[35:46] | Sent today 8:16am, Message: Going in early. SLEEP IN! -K | 今日上午8:16 “我到了 掩护你”–小吉 |
[36:01] | Bummer about the audition, man. | 哥们 试演简直太失败了 |
[36:03] | I can’t believe they picked the short guy over us. | 他们竟然选了个矮冬瓜 |
[36:05] | Right? No one’s gonna be able to see him. | 确实 扎在人堆里就看不见了 |
[36:07] | Our vocals were way better. | 我们比他唱的好多了 |
[36:08] | And our dance wasn’t that bad. | 舞也不错啊 |
[36:10] | Well, you were kind of popping your hip. | 你屁股扭的太猛了点 |
[36:13] | Well, at least my jazz squares weren’t triangles. | 至少我不会把爵士方步(4拍落脚形成方形)跳成三角 |
[36:16] | Maybe we’ll hang out sometime. | 以后有机会一起玩哈 |
[36:18] | Yeah, uh, that’d be cool. | 好啊 那太好了 |
[36:25] | -We’ll work it out. -Okay. | -得解决这个问题(对拳是基本常识) -好 |
[36:27] | Bye. | 再见 |
[36:34] | I’ve got your lunch. | 你的午餐 |
[36:36] | A turkey sandwich and a slice of chocolate cake. | 火鸡三明治和巧克力蛋糕 |
[36:41] | Oh, dessert. | 甜点啊 |
[36:42] | Someone’s in suck-up mode. | 看来有人要来讨好我了 |
[36:43] | Look, Daniel, I’m so sorry about being late this morning. | 丹尼尔 我很抱歉早上迟到了 |
[36:47] | You know that’s not me. | 你了解的 我很少这样 |
[36:48] | Betty, look, your night out wasn’t such a bad thing. | 贝蒂 塞翁失马焉知非福 |
[36:52] | All those photos of “Kimmie from ‘Mode'” | 昨晚那些”《风尚》的吉米”照片 |
[36:54] | are great publicity. | 宣传效果很好 |
[36:55] | Really? Hey. | 真的吗 |
[36:58] | Didn’t we used to have someone who worked for us whose | 我们以前不是有专人 |
[37:00] | job was just to go out and get “Mode’s” name in the tabloids? | 负责让《风尚》上八卦小报么 |
[37:02] | She was so great, until she went to Rehab. | 在她跳到《复兴》前都做的很棒的 |
[37:05] | -I bet Kimmie could do that job. -I don’t know. | -我敢说吉米能胜任那个工作 -我不确定 |
[37:09] | No, look, look at how many clubs she got us into last night. | 别介 看看昨晚她带我逛了多少夜店 |
[37:12] | I have never seen anyone rock a room like her. | 她可是我见过的最能来事的 |
[37:15] | She got George Clooney to come | 她都把乔治・克鲁尼拉来 |
[37:16] | to our Darfur benefit. | 参加我们的达尔富尔(苏丹西部一地区)慈善会了 |
[37:18] | We don’t do a Darfur benefit. | 我们没有办达尔富尔慈善会 |
[37:19] | We do now. George Clooney’s coming. | 现在有了 乔治・克鲁尼都要来了 |
[37:21] | I’m telling you, Daniel, she would be great. | 丹尼尔 她真的很棒的 |
[37:26] | I guess a little buzz never hurt. | 我想 多点宣传也无妨 |
[37:30] | I’ll think about it. | 我考虑一下 |
[37:32] | Great. | 太好了 |
[37:34] | Oh, my god. I almost forgot to ask you. | 天呐 差点忘了 |
[37:36] | How was your date? | 相亲怎么样 |
[37:38] | Uh, well, it started out rough, | 这个 刚开始不顺利 |
[37:41] | but it ended up in a good place. | 后来还不错 |
[37:44] | Yay! Are you gonna go out again? | 赞 约了下一次了吗 |
[37:46] | No. | 没有 |
[37:48] | But I’ll probably run into her somewhere. | 但是我很可能再见到她 |
[37:51] | Now moving on to the elusive center spread. | 现在讨论下这个让人头疼的跨页版面 |
[37:54] | Puppies or war? | 狗狗还是战争 |
[37:56] | We want you to know we really appreciate your hard work. | 我们很感谢大家的辛勤工作 |
[37:58] | We assure you this is all gonna be settled very soon. | 我们保证这个问题会很快解决 |
[38:01] | Well, actually, it is settled. | 实际上 已经解决了 |
[38:04] | It is? | 有吗 |
[38:05] | Love is a battlefield. | 情场如战场 |
[38:08] | I think we both know how true that is, | 你我深知这个道理 |
[38:11] | and I’m sorry that it took me so long to see it. | 抱歉我之前没理解其中的意思 |
[38:17] | We’ll…ahm, get that started right away. | 好吧 那我们就开始干活了 |
[38:20] | Uh, one more bit of good news. | 还有一个好消息 |
[38:23] | Most of you have had a chance to meet Kimmie Keegan | 大家应该都见过吉米・基根了 |
[38:26] | by now or at least seen her photos on “page six”. | 至少在纽约邮报八卦版看过她的靓照了吧 |
[38:30] | From now on, | 从现在开始 |
[38:30] | she’s gonna make sure that “Mode’s” name | 她的工作就是让《风尚》 |
[38:32] | is associated with all the coolest events. | 吸引更多人的眼球 |
[38:35] | Wilhelmina and I are promoting her to Associate Editor. | 威廉敏娜和我决定提升她为副主编 |
[39:14] | You did it, girl. We totally knew. | 姐们儿 干的不错 |
[39:19] | Wow. That’s a big promotion. | 一下提这么高 |
[39:23] | Yeah, it was your idea. | 是啊 不是你的主意么 |
[39:25] | I know, but…Associate Editor? | 我知道 但是副总编也太 |
[39:29] | Well, if Kimmie’s gonna be in the public eye, | 吉米・基根要出入公众场合 |
[39:31] | she needs a better title than “‘Mode’temp”, right? | 得有个风光的称谓 不是吗 |
[39:34] | Besides, it’s just a title. it’s okay. | 只是个头衔罢了 没什么的 |
[39:37] | -I’m so excited for you. -Thank you. | -真替你高兴 -谢谢 |
[39:45] | -We’ll talk to you later. -Okay. | -我们一会见 -好的 |
[39:46] | Kimmie. | 吉米 |
[39:48] | Congratulations. | 恭祝高升 |
[39:50] | You’re perfect for this. | 你一定行的 |
[39:51] | I know, right? | 是啊 我也觉的没问题 |
[39:52] | I’m gonna need some coffee. | 给我杯咖啡 |
[39:54] | Half-caf Sumatra soy, 121 degrees. | 苏门答腊咖啡豆 半咖 121度 |
[39:58] | I’m not kidding. I’m myself again, | 我没开玩笑 自从你帮了我 |
[40:02] | ever since you’ve been helping me, | 我终于找回自我了 |
[40:03] | my confidence has been creeping back in. | 我的自信又回来了 |
[40:06] | I should thank you. | 该谢谢你 |
[40:08] | But I won’t, because I’m popular, | 但是我不会 因为我现在火了 |
[40:10] | and popular people aren’t nice to unpopular people. | 火了的人是不会在乎你们这些土人的 |
[40:13] | It’s just the natural order of things. | 优胜劣汰 没办法 |
[40:17] | I’m still waiting on that coffee… | 快点把咖啡送过来哦 |
[40:19] | Granny pants. | 贝奶奶 |