时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:13] | Oh, hey, Betty. | 喂 贝蒂 |
[00:13] | Could you grab me my loofah? | 帮我拿下浴刷吧 |
[00:19] | What is that? I got it for Halston. | 那是什么啊 我从哈尔斯通那儿拿的 |
[00:21] | He’s supposed to come anytime I ring it, but he’s kind of a bad doggy. | 我一摇铃 他就该出现 不过这条懒狗 |
[00:25] | Not like you, Betty. | 你比他强多了 贝蒂 |
[00:27] | You’re a good girl! No. No, don’t do that. | -你可是个好狗狗 -别 别 别来这套 |
[00:30] | Look, | 听着 |
[00:30] | Amanda I’m really glad that you’re getting so comfortable living here these past couple of weeks | 阿曼达 我很高兴过去几周你在我这儿呆得很爽 |
[00:34] | really, I am, but I think it’s time you and I | 真的 不过 我觉得现在我想和你 |
[00:37] | Have a talk about something that really has been bothering me. | 谈一件困扰我许久的事情了 |
[00:41] | Is this about that $60 that you left out for anyone to take in your bottom drawer? | 是不是你放在抽屉底下随人用的那60块钱 |
[00:45] | It’s time to let that go, Betty. | 别耿耿于怀了 贝蒂 |
[00:46] | Amanda, you have this tendency to treat me like I’m your assistant. | 阿曼达 你把我当你的小秘了 |
[00:51] | What? give me an example. | 哪有 举个例子 |
[00:53] | Well, for instance, you rang a bell to summon me. | 比如 你摇铃叫我 |
[00:57] | You’re constantly asking me to take your calls, | 你不停的让我帮你接电话 |
[00:59] | -Write down your messages -oh, that reminds me. | -给你记下留言 -哦 提醒我了 |
[01:02] | What time’s my massage tomorrow? | 我明天几点去桑拿 |
[01:03] | Oh, 6:30. amanda! oh. | 6:30 阿曼达 |
[01:05] | No. look, I am an assistant all day long at work. | 不 听着 我上班时整天就是当小秘 |
[01:08] | I don’t want to come home and be an assistant here, too. | 回了家我可不想继续当下去 |
[01:11] | But you like your job. | 不过你很爱岗敬业啊 |
[01:13] | Yes, I do.t is a wonderful stepping stone. | 对 这是块很好的敲门砖 |
[01:15] | However, | 然而 |
[01:15] | I don’t think doing menial tasks for | 我不认为一直为你干这种卑微琐碎的工作 |
[01:17] | You is gonna help me get ahead in my career. | 会让我的前途一片光明 |
[01:20] | Hey, Betty, | 贝蒂 |
[01:20] | Is it possible you’re taking your career frustration out on me? | 你是不是把工作上的挫折发泄到我身上了 |
[01:24] | I don’t think of you as an assistant. I really don’t. | 我没把你当小秘看 真的 |
[01:26] | I think of you as a roommate, and sometimes a maid. | 我把你当成室友来着 有时也是女佣 |
[01:33] | Would you grab me a coffee while you’re up? that’s not my job. | -上来时给我带杯咖啡吧 -我不是干这个的 |
[01:36] | Good morning, Betty. could I get a cup of coffee? | 早啊 贝蒂 给我弄杯咖啡来吧 |
[01:38] | Sure. that’s my job. | 没问题 我就是干这个的 |
[01:42] | Oh, Betty. | 贝蒂 |
[01:44] | Nick pepper. what are you doing here? | 尼克・佩珀斯 你怎么到这儿来了 |
[01:47] | Oh, you know, just visiting the old haunts. | 故地重游嘛 |
[01:49] | I bet you’ve all been wondering what I’ve been doing since I left “mode. | 我猜你们都想知道离开《风尚》后我混的怎么样吧 |
[01:52] | you left “mode”? | 你离开《风尚》了 |
[01:52] | Yeah, like two months ago, when alexis left? | 对 两个月前吧 亚历克西斯什么时候走的 |
[01:54] | Oh, right. | 没错 |
[01:56] | -We really missed you. -Anyway, crazy story. | -我们想死你了 -那事说来话长 |
[01:59] | I get one job interview, and the next thing you know, | 我去面试了一次 接下来你们猜怎么着 |
[02:02] | I am deputy culture editor of the “new york review.” | 我就成了《纽约视点》的文化副编了 |
[02:05] | -Boo-yah! -What? | -赞吧 -啥玩意儿 |
[02:07] | You’re an editor? I know. can you believe it? | -你成主编了 -难以置信 是吧 |
[02:09] | No. no. | -难以置信 -当然 |
[02:11] | Ah, isn’t life funny? | 世事难料啊 是吧 |
[02:13] | No, but seriously, how are you guys? things going good? | 说真的 你们呢 干得还好吧 |
[02:16] | Oh, yeah, marc got engaged, but then he got dumped. | 挺好 马克订婚了 然后被甩了 |
[02:18] | It was sad. mandy. | -真惨 -曼迪 |
[02:20] | Hold that thought, you guys. my assistant is texting me. | 稍待 各位 我的小秘来消息了 |
[02:23] | You have your own assistant? oh, yeah. | -你还单独配了个小秘 -当然 |
[02:25] | Hey, nick, just out of curiosity, how did you manage to get that job? | 尼克 说说 你怎么找到这工作的 |
[02:30] | I mean, you weren’t an assistant here for very long, and no offense, | 我不是揭你短 你在这儿小秘都干不长 |
[02:33] | But you weren’t really that good at your job either. | 干的还不怎么地 |
[02:36] | Yeah, but I also graduated from y.e.t.i. | 是吗 但是我从Y.E.T.I.毕业了啊 |
[02:38] | Last year. | 就是去年 |
[02:39] | Y.e.t.i.? young editors’ training initiative. | Y.E.T.I. 青年编辑进修所 |
[02:41] | It started a couple of years ago, uber-selective. | 几年前开的 万里挑一 |
[02:43] | Nearly everyone from my class has gone on to become an editor. | 基本上我们班每个毕业的都当了编辑 |
[02:46] | So what, there’s, like, | 那么 那个啥 |
[02:47] | This magical school where assistants | 这个魔法学校能让你一夜之间 |
[02:49] | Go to get turned into editors overnight? | 从小秘摇身一变成小编 |
[02:51] | One doesn’t become a ninja overnight, Betty. | 忍者也不是一天修来的 贝蒂 |
[02:53] | The hard part is getting in. you need a sponsor. | 关键是要进得去 你需要个推荐人 |
[02:56] | You gotta present a whole magazine concept to a bunch of judges. | 你要向一群评委展现整个杂志的概念 |
[02:59] | But once you get in– if u get in–boom. | 但是一旦你进去了 一旦进去了 嘭 |
[03:04] | I got my brass ring, and I am running with it, baby. | 我的前途一片光明 我就要青云直上啦 宝贝儿 |
[03:08] | Talk to me. nick pepper, deputy culture editor. | 说吧 尼克・佩珀斯 副主编 |
[03:16] | Oh! daniel, great news. | 丹尼尔 好消息 |
[03:18] | You get to be my sponsor for y.e.t.i. | 你就要成为我的Y.E.T.I.推荐人了 |
[03:20] | the young editors’ training initiative. | 青年编辑进修所 |
[03:22] | Great. uh, what does a sponsor do? | 好 那 赞助人要干些啥 |
[03:24] | Just write a letter about how great I am. | 写封歌颂我的信就行 |
[03:26] | Try and keep it under a page if you can. | 别太多一页就成 |
[03:29] | Thanks, daniel. this means so much to me. | 谢了 丹尼尔 这对我至关重要 |
[03:31] | Um, okay. | 好吧 |
[03:38] | Oh, gross. look who’s here. | 该死 瞧瞧谁来了 |
[03:40] | Wilhelmina, good morning. | 威廉敏娜 早啊 |
[03:43] | Look who’s here. | 瞧瞧谁来了 |
[03:44] | How are you? | 你好吗 |
[03:45] | Very well, thank you. | 挺好 谢了 |
[03:47] | And look at you, with your hair all up and everything. | 瞧瞧你 头发凌乱 衣冠不整 |
[03:51] | Aren’t you coltish? | 真不是乖乖女 |
[03:52] | -Molly was just dropping me off. -I’ve gotta run. | -茉莉是顺路带我过来的 -我得走了 |
[03:55] | We’re doing a big thanksgiving thing at school today. | 今天我们得去学校参加个感恩礼什么的 |
[03:57] | I have a native american from the poospatuck tribe coming to speak. | 我带了个从普斯巴图克来的部落土著去发言 |
[04:01] | Mm, the life you lead. | 过得有滋有味啊 |
[04:04] | Well, it’s always good to see you. likewise. | -能见到你真好 -我也是 |
[04:07] | We’ll have to do brunch. really? | -我们去吃工间餐吧 -真的 |
[04:10] | I’d rather gouge my eyes out. | 我真恨不得把自个儿眼珠子抠出来 |
[04:12] | I will shoot you in the heart before I’ll let you brunch with her? | 在你请她吃饭前我就会把你立毙当场 |
[04:16] | I mean, she’s a mousy schoolteacher. | 她不过是个乡下学校老师 |
[04:18] | And he is ambitis, he’s shrewd, he’s competitive, he’s hot, he’s… | 而他雄心勃勃 精明能干 魅力四射 |
[04:25] | He’s me. | 他就是我 |
[04:26] | He’s the me-a-mina. | 他是男威廉敏娜 |
[04:28] | Well, why can’t he see we’d make the perfect couple together? | 为什么他就看不出来咱俩才是天造地设的一对 |
[04:30] | Maybe you need to spend more time with him, you know, one-on-one. | 也许你得和他多相处 一对一 |
[04:32] | Well, I do have that advertisers’ meeting in florida. | 我确实在佛罗里达有个广告会议 |
[04:35] | Maybe I could invite him. he could see me in action. | 也许我可以邀请他 成不成 看行动 |
[04:38] | Maybe he can see you in your underwear as well. | 成不成 看内衣 |
[04:41] | Marc. | 马克 |
[04:43] | It’s not about the sex. | 这跟上床没关系 |
[04:45] | I can see a future with him. | 我和他有前途 |
[04:48] | And he could, too, with, me. | 他和我 也是一样 |
[04:49] | If he’d just get to know me, he’d see that we’re the same. | 只要他能了解我 他就会知道我们是同类 |
[04:52] | Okay, but if that doesn’t work, you could always wah-wah. | 好吧 但如果那不奏效 你还是 |
[04:56] | ’cause you’ve still got it, lady. | 那是你的专长啊 女士 |
[04:58] | Well, it’s always good to have a plan “b.” | 对 做个B计划也是有用的 |
[05:02] | Or a plan 34-c. uh-huh. | 或者 34-C计划 |
[05:37] | Here at y.e.t.i., | 在青年编辑进修所 |
[05:39] | we see people as more than just assistants. | 我们并不把人们仅仅当做小秘 |
[05:40] | We see you as the future leaders of the publishing industry. | 我们把他们当成出版工业的未来领袖 |
[05:45] | Gosh, I feel like I’m dreaming. | 我觉得自己像是在做梦 |
[05:48] | This is exactly the opportunity that I’ve been looking for. | 这正是我梦寐以求的机会 |
[05:51] | So here are your guidelines for your presentation. | 这是对你陈述的指导要求 |
[05:55] | You have to create a cover, | 你得做个封面 |
[05:56] | A table of contents and a letter from the editor for | 一个目录 还有一封 |
[05:58] | An original magazine concept that best describes you. | 来自权威杂志的推荐信 |
[06:01] | Oh, this application is for next year. I’m looking for this year. | 这份申请表是明年的 我找今年的 |
[06:05] | The deadline for this year is just too tight. | 今年的截止日期太紧了 |
[06:08] | Oh. well, I can’t wait another year. | 我不想再等一年 |
[06:11] | This is my future. I need to start my future, pilar. | 这是我的未来 我要现在起步 皮拉尔 |
[06:15] | My boss works under deadlines all the time. | 我的老板总在最后一刻奋发图强 |
[06:17] | I’ve done it before. I can do it. | 我也这么干过 我行的 |
[06:18] | I hope y’re right. you are adorable. | 但愿如此 你真可爱 |
[06:22] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[06:24] | Oh, and so how tight is my deadline? | 离截止时间还有多久 |
[06:27] | Like a month, a couple weeks? | 比如一个月 或者两周 |
[06:29] | You have 48 hours. | 你有48小时 |
[06:31] | To create a magazine? | 编一本杂志 |
[06:33] | Good luck. | 祝你好运 |
[06:49] | Y.E.T.I. | |
[06:56] | Dad, please, you made the posole. | 老爸 拜托 你已经做了南美浓汤了 |
[06:58] | You don’t have to clean up, too. | 刷碗就不必啦 |
[07:00] | Mija, you just stay right there and keep working. | 乖女儿 你就坐着安心干活吧 |
[07:02] | We want you to get into this y.e.t.i. | 我们都希望你能进青年编辑进修所 |
[07:03] | I don’t know how they expect you to come up with a magazine in two days. | 我不知道他们怎么会指望你两天就弄份杂志出来 |
[07:07] | Well, luckily I know exactly what a fashion magazine is supposed to look like. | 好在我知道时尚杂志长什么样 |
[07:10] | You’re doing a fashion magazine? | 你要做时尚杂志吗 |
[07:13] | What? well, stop looking at me. dad. | 什么 别盯着我 老爸 |
[07:15] | Sweetheart, | 宝贝女儿 |
[07:16] | I thought the assignment was to do a magazine that expresses who you are. | 我认为这任务是编本能展示自我的杂志 |
[07:20] | It is. | 的确 |
[07:21] | It is, and–and I have a million ideas that I want to do, | 的确 而且我也有无数个好点子想去实现 |
[07:24] | But they’re all too big, and I don’t have time, so I’m being practical. | 但是时间紧 任务重 只能实际点咯 |
[07:29] | I have the resources at “mode” to do a fashion magazine. | 只能用《风尚》的现有资源来做本时尚杂志 |
[07:31] | It just has to get me in. oh, I guess that makes sense. | -先得确保能进去 -我算明白了 |
[07:34] | You get your foot in the door, | 你先跨过那个门槛 |
[07:36] | And then you’re on your way to doing your not-fashion magazine. | 然后就可以办你自己那个”非主流”杂志啦 |
[07:40] | okay, mom.We have to go. | 行了 妈 我们得走了 |
[07:42] | Randy’s coming over to watch “little shop of horrors.” | 兰迪要过来看”恐怖小店” |
[07:44] | The high school doing the play tomorrow, | 明晚上演 |
[07:46] | And randy thinks that he can see the play without seeing the movie. | 兰迪认为没看过电影照样能看懂 |
[07:48] | I know. | 我知道 |
[07:49] | Crazy, right? | 疯了 是吗 |
[07:49] | Okay, please through out the garbage, and we’ll meet you downstairs. | 好 拜托把垃圾带出去 在楼下等我们 |
[07:52] | Betty needs to get back to work. | 贝蒂得回头干活了 |
[07:54] | You, too. all right. god. | -你也是 -好吧 好吧 |
[07:57] | Hey, so justin’s spending a lot of time with randy, huh? | 贾斯廷经常和兰迪在一起 是吗 |
[08:00] | Yeah. it’s been great. | 对 这样也好 |
[08:01] | You know, they hang out all the time you know, ever since santos died, | 他们经常一起出去 自从桑托斯去世以后 |
[08:05] | Justin really hasn’t had any male presence in his life. | 贾斯廷的生活里还没几个公的呢 |
[08:09] | Hello? I’m right here. | 拜托 我还在这里呢 |
[08:11] | You know what I mean. bye. mwah. | 你知道我是什么意思啦 再见 |
[08:13] | Love you. love you. | -爱你 -爱你 |
[08:15] | Betty, you’re getting in. I know it. | 贝蒂 你能进去的 相信你 |
[08:18] | >lo siento aqu? | 一定能行(西班牙语) |
[08:20] | Well, I hope you’re right. | 但愿如你所说 |
[08:23] | Papi, this could be the fast track to everything I ever wanted. | 爸爸 这可能是我能发现的最十全十美的捷径了 |
[08:33] | Fashion. | 时尚啊 |
[08:42] | Connor, hi. | 康纳 你好 |
[08:44] | Hi. listen, are you familiar with doral resort wear? | 你对多拉休闲时装了解吗 |
[08:47] | As in the largest resort wear label in the country? | 本国最大的休闲时装品牌吗 |
[08:49] | That’s the one. | 就是它 |
[08:51] | Well, they are interested in exclusive back cover spots through 2012. | 他们想独占封底广告至2012年 |
[08:55] | That’s huge. | 大买卖啊 |
[08:56] | Well, we just have to persuade them to jump ship from “elle,” | 只要我们能说服他们放弃《E.L.L.E.》就行 |
[08:59] | And they can only meet tomorrow. | 明天他们正好有空 |
[09:01] | So, uh, will you join me for the meeting? | 你和我一起去开会吗 |
[09:04] | I’m supposed to speak at molly’s school in the morning. | 我上午要去茉莉的学校演讲 |
[09:06] | Can we schedule it for the afternoon? oh, I forgot to tell you. | -约下午行吗 -我忘了告诉你了 |
[09:09] | Doral’s corporate offices are in key largo, florida. | 多拉公司办公室在基拉戈 佛罗里达州 |
[09:13] | Uh, so you and I are going on a little trip. | 所以我们俩得出趟远门了 |
[09:22] | Right. okay, betty, which one of these vests do you want for your cover? | 好 贝蒂 你想用哪件马甲做封面 |
[09:26] | Um, I like the spotted one. | 带斑点的 |
[09:29] | Really? | 确定 |
[09:30] | Well, I don’t know. the… the blue one? | 我不知道 那 那件蓝色的 |
[09:33] | Or I mean, does it even need a vest? | 其实我是说 真的要用马甲 |
[09:35] | Maybe a blazer or a bolero. | 用件夹克或者短上衣呢 |
[09:37] | Well, betty, now you’re just saying words at me. | 贝蒂 你总算是跟我说话了 |
[09:39] | I just–i can’t wrap my head around this letter from the editor. | 我只是 没法不想那封编辑推荐信 |
[09:42] | Betty, how hard can it be? daniel does it. what do I do? | -贝蒂 有什么难 丹尼尔会做的 -我该干嘛 |
[09:46] | What don’t you do? | 你有啥事没干呢 |
[09:48] | Thank you. christina, would you sign this out? | 谢谢 克里斯蒂娜 你把这个登记一下 |
[09:51] | I’m not really feeling the red tie today. | 今天这红领带还真不搭 |
[09:55] | What is all this? | 这都是些什么啊 |
[09:56] | Oh, uh, we’re working on my magazine for y.e.t.i. | 我们在为进青年编辑进修所做杂志 |
[09:59] | So you’re doing a fashion magazine? | 那么 你是准备做个时尚杂志啦 |
[10:02] | Mm-hmm. why? | 怎么样 |
[10:04] | Great. yeah, so… carry on. | 好 不错 继续吧 |
[10:10] | Christina, am I on the wrong track? no. no, no, no, no, no. | -克里斯蒂娜 我迷茫了 -不 不 |
[10:13] | Right now. come on. concentrate, missy. | 来 继续 集中注意力 妹子 |
[10:15] | Which of these vests do you want for the cover? | 你想把哪件背心用在封面上 |
[10:24] | That one? | 那件 |
[10:25] | Yes! that’s my girl. all right! | 没错 好姑娘 好 |
[10:29] | It’s easy. | 小菜一碟 |
[10:33] | So what do you think so far? I like it. | -你认为怎么样 -我喜欢 |
[10:36] | You know, the guy who plays the dentist is really good for high school. | 就高中水平而言 那个演牙医的挺不错 |
[10:39] | You’re as good as him. you could totally play that part. | 你跟他一样厉害 你完全可以演那个角色 |
[10:41] | You think so? mm-hmm. | 真的 |
[10:43] | Randy. | 兰迪 |
[10:45] | Hey, man, what’s up? what’s up, man? | -哥们儿 近来如何 -你呢 哥们儿 |
[10:46] | What are you doing here? just watching the show. | -你来这里干吗 -看演出罢了 |
[10:48] | Oh, the one about the singing plant? yeah. | -关于那个会唱歌的植物的吗 -对 |
[10:50] | It’s pretty lame, dude. skip the rest. let’s hang out. are you insane? | -奇烂无比 哥们儿 拉倒吧 咱们走 -你们干嘛 |
[10:54] | They haven’t even done “suddenly seymour” yet. wait. | -“西摩的闯入”还没演呢 -等一下 |
[10:56] | You guys are watching the show together? | 你俩一起看演出吗 |
[10:57] | Mm-hmm. | 对 |
[11:00] | Okay, man. well, have fun. | 好吧 伙计 玩得开心 |
[11:03] | See ya. well, some people enjoy a musical, thank you very much. | 再见 看来有人还是喜欢音乐剧 谢谢你们好意啦 |
[11:09] | Come on. let’s go back inside. | 来 我们进去吧 |
[11:15] | Okay. betty, this is it. I think we’ve got it– the winning look. | 好 贝蒂 就是它了 我们搞定了–胜利之装 |
[11:21] | Christina… yes! | 克里斯蒂娜 厉害 |
[11:23] | It’s great. | 太棒了 |
[11:24] | Oh, I think my cover is gonna be amazing. | 我想我的封面一定很吸引人 |
[11:27] | God, that took a really long time. | 天 可花了不少功夫了 |
[11:29] | I guess choosing this stuff doesn’t really come natural to anybody. | 我觉得衣着品味不见得人人都有 |
[11:31] | Okay, write this down. | 好 写下来 |
[11:34] | I need the elie tahari, mm, this dusty rose dior, | 来件艾莉・塔哈瑞 这件深玫红的DIOR |
[11:37] | Whatever this fabulous thing is, and, oh, | 不论如何 还算出彩 还有 |
[11:40] | You know what would be gorge with this? | 你知道什么最配这件吗 |
[11:43] | Those amethyst drop earrings by pippa small. ooh. | 皮帕・斯默的紫水晶耳环 |
[11:47] | Mm. we’re signing all of this out. thank you. for what? | -这些我们都要登记外借 谢谢 -干什么用 |
[11:50] | Marc’s y.e.t.i. presentation. | 马克的青年编辑进修所的入学申请 |
[11:52] | What? marc, wait! marc! | 什么 马克 等下 马克 |
[11:55] | You’re applying to y.e.t.i.? I didn’t know that. | 你也申请去青年编辑进修所吗 我不知道呢 |
[11:57] | Well, you know me. I like to keep a low profile. | 你了解我的 我一向低调 |
[11:59] | I’m applying to y.e.t.i., too. | 我也申请去青年编辑进修所了 |
[12:01] | Really? you’re my competition? | 真的吗 你是我的竞争对手 |
[12:04] | What’s your magazine? what’s your vision? | 你的杂志是什么 哪方面 |
[12:06] | Um… betty’s doing a fashion magazine. | 贝蒂要做时尚杂志 |
[12:11] | Really? oh, my god. brilliant. | 真的吗 天 你太有才了 |
[12:13] | I’m as good as in. betty, you know fashion means clothing, right? | -我也犹擅此道啊 -贝蒂 时尚只意味着穿啥 对吗 |
[12:16] | Betty’s magazine is gonna kick your magazine’s ass. | 贝蒂的杂志会打败你的杂志的 |
[12:18] | Oh, really? what’s it called, “clashing patterns digest”? | 真的吗 叫什么 “花大姐 文摘” |
[12:21] | Okay, okay. all right. no need to be so snarky. | 好 好 好 别这么刻薄了 |
[12:25] | We could both get in. | 我们可以一起进 |
[12:26] | Actually, that’s where you’re wrong, betty. | 事实上 你没明白 贝蒂 |
[12:28] | Y.e.t.i. never takes two people from the same magazine. | 进修班从来不从同一家杂志的录用两个人 |
[12:31] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[12:32] | Yep. so when it’s this… against this… | 对 所以当这个 对上了这个 |
[12:36] | In the fashion world, I think you know who the winner is. | 在时尚界 胜负一目了然 |
[12:38] | Good luck. | 祝你好运 |
[12:50] | Oh, there’s my baby boy. | 噢 我的小宝宝 |
[12:54] | I thought we talked about that. | 我们说好了不这样叫我的 |
[12:55] | Oh, right. | 好吧 |
[12:56] | There’s my big strong man. | 我的小男子汉 |
[13:00] | How was the play? | 演出怎么样 |
[13:01] | You know, you’d think I’d be tired of seeing “little shop,” after, like, | 话说 你以为我看了十四次”恐怖小店”就会厌倦了 |
[13:05] | 14 times, but you’d be wrong. | 大错特错 |
[13:07] | And how about Randy? | 兰迪呢 |
[13:09] | Um, he liked it… I think. | 他也喜欢吧 我猜 |
[13:12] | He had to go home right after. | 一结束他就得回家了 |
[13:14] | Mm. do you think Randy would like to go with you to a broadway show? | 你觉得兰迪会陪你去看百老汇演出吗 |
[13:21] | “In the Heights,” | 《高地人生》 |
[13:23] | Winner of the 2008 tony for best musical? mm-hmm. | 2008年东尼奖最佳音乐剧 |
[13:26] | Third row orchestra? mom, I’m goin’ blind. | 管弦乐队区第三排 我要死了 |
[13:28] | All right, all right. don’t go blind. just have fun. | 好了好了 别死了 玩得开心 |
[13:31] | Randy’s gonna flip. | 兰迪会高兴得蹦起来 |
[13:32] | Mwah. thank you. | 谢谢 |
[13:33] | All right. I love you. love you. | -我爱你 -爱你 |
[13:37] | Justin, slow down. | 贾斯廷 慢点走 |
[13:40] | Mija, what a surprise. | 贝贝 惊喜呀 |
[13:42] | Mm. papi, I need a pan of your capirotada and a spoon. | 爸 我要一份卡布里达拉饼和一把汤勺 |
[13:45] | Two spoons. I need one going at all times. | 两把汤勺 一把用着一把带着 |
[13:47] | Uh-oh. two spoons. never a good sign. | 两把汤勺 不是好的征兆哦 |
[13:51] | Did you finish your presentation? | 完成你的陈述了吗 |
[13:52] | No, I quit. | 不 我退出了 |
[13:54] | I can’t do a fashion magazine. | 我做不了整本时尚杂志 |
[13:55] | Told you so! | 就是嘛 |
[13:57] | Not helping! | 别添乱 |
[13:59] | And now I have to wait another year to apply to Y.E.T.I. | 现在我得再等一年才能申请Y.E.T.I. |
[14:03] | I was just kidding myself. It wasn’t me. | 造化弄人啊 为什么偏偏是我 |
[14:06] | Sweetheart, that’s the problem. | 宝贝 问题就在这里 |
[14:07] | Wasn’t the assignment to do a magazine that shows who you are? | 不就是要你做一份杂志来展示自己吗 |
[14:10] | -Yeah. | 是啊 |
[14:11] | -Well, do that. -Dad, there isn’t any time. | -那去做啊 -爸 没时间了 |
[14:14] | Of course there is. | 一定挤得出来 |
[14:15] | When you are passionate, you can do anything. | 有志者 事竟成 |
[14:18] | Remember when your mother was in the hospital the first time? | 还记得你妈妈第一次住院时吗 |
[14:20] | You wanted her to know everything you guys were doing, so you made… | 你想让她知道你们的生活近况 所以 你做了 |
[14:25] | A magazine for her. remember? oh! | 一份杂志给她 记得不 |
[14:29] | Oh, you saved “the betty review”? oh! | 你还留着《贝蒂画报》 |
[14:32] | I save everything you girls do. oh! | 你们做的每一件东西我都留着 |
[14:34] | Look at this–articles, | 看 你的文章 |
[14:35] | Pictures of all the things that are important to you. | 还有那些珍贵的照片 |
[14:39] | Look at my hair! I looked so good. | 看看我的头发 多飘逸呀 |
[14:42] | And as I remember, | 我还记得 |
[14:43] | You were able to make this whole magazine in one afternoon | 你能在一个下午就完成这整份杂志 |
[14:47] | because it mattered to you. oh. | 因为你用心了 |
[14:50] | So why don’t you just give them this? | 那不如把这份给他们看吧 |
[14:53] | This? you’re not helping. | 这个 没用的 |
[14:55] | No, wait. that does help. that does help. | 不 等等 有用 这有用 |
[14:58] | Hilda, thank you. papi, thank you. | 希尔达 谢谢 老爸 谢谢 |
[15:00] | Okay, I’m going back to work now. | 好了 我要回去上班了 |
[15:01] | Work? there’s nobody at work. | 上啥班 又不是上班时间 |
[15:03] | -Doesn’t matter. -What about the capirotada? | -没关系 -卡布里达拉怎么办 |
[15:04] | I’ll eat it later. | 我晚点再吃 |
[15:27] | Morning, daniel. | 早上好 丹尼尔 |
[15:28] | Got your phone sheet, your schedule and your coffee. | 这是你的电话本 日程表还有你的咖啡 |
[15:30] | Might have had a few cups myself. | 我自己喝了好几杯 |
[15:31] | Uh, is that the same outfit you were wearing yesterday? good eye. | -你还穿着昨天的衣服 -好眼力 |
[15:35] | Good eye. yeah. | 好眼力 没错 |
[15:36] | I stayed up all night working on my Y.E.T.I. | 我通宵做Y.E.T.I.的作业 |
[15:38] | Application, but I finished, | 终于完成了 |
[15:39] | And I was wondering if you could maybe take a look at it, | 你可不可以帮我看看 |
[15:41] | you know, like a dry run sort of thing? | 让我排练一下也好 |
[15:43] | it would mean a lot to me,’cause your opinion matters. | 这对我很重要 因为你的意见比较专业 |
[15:45] | uh, sure. but I haven’t even sat down yet. | 好的 但我还没坐下呢 |
[15:48] | Right, right, right, right, right. | 对 对 对 对 对 |
[15:49] | Well, you know, settle in, take your time, | 坐下来 喝口咖啡 |
[15:51] | But just not too much time ’cause my presentation’s at 2:00. | 但别太久 我的推介两点钟开始 |
[15:53] | -Man, I had a lot of coffee. -You okay? | -我喝的咖啡还真够多的 -没事吧 |
[15:55] | Borderline, on the edge– the good side of the edge– | 崩溃边缘 还没掉下去 |
[15:58] | So don’t you worry about me. | 所以不用担心我 |
[15:59] | Hey, did you finish my letter of recommendation? | 你写好我的推荐信了吗 |
[16:01] | Uh, no, not just yet. | 没 还没写完 |
[16:04] | -You forgot? -No, I didn’t forget. just… | -你忘了吗 -不 我没忘记 只是… |
[16:07] | You know, if you’re anxious about it, maybe you should write the letter, | 如果你急着要 不如你自己写 |
[16:10] | And that way, I could sign it. | 然后我来签名 |
[16:12] | You can write whatever you want, make yourself sound great. | 爱怎么写都行 怎么好怎么吹 |
[16:15] | Daniel, have you got a second? | 丹尼尔 有空吗 |
[16:16] | Uh, yeah, sure. thanks, Betty. | 当然有 谢谢 贝蒂 |
[16:22] | So Wilhelmina and I are about to head off to Florida. | 威廉敏娜和我准备去佛罗里达了 |
[16:25] | Oh, right, the doral account. | 对 多拉的买卖 |
[16:26] | Good luck with that. you’ll definitely need it. | 祝你好运 但愿真能有好运气 |
[16:28] | thanks. yeah. | 谢谢 |
[16:29] | Anyway, uh, I’m in a world of trouble with Molly. | 那个 我和茉莉现在闹得很僵 |
[16:32] | I promised her I’d talk to her class today about the magazine business. | 我答应过今天到她的班里讲杂志 |
[16:36] | Now feel free to say no to this, but… | 有个请求 你不愿意也没关系… |
[16:39] | You want me to talk to Molly’s class? | 你想让我去茉莉的班讲课 |
[16:41] | I know she’d really appreciate it, and I know you think she’s great. | 我知道她会很乐意的 你也觉得她人不错吧 |
[16:44] | No, I don’t. | 不 我没有 |
[16:45] | -What? -no, uh, I like her, | -什么 -我喜欢她 |
[16:48] | but I don’t like her like you like her | 但不是你那种喜欢 |
[16:50] | Uh, I’d love to talk to her class. | 我很乐意参与她的课堂 |
[16:52] | Great. all right. I’ll get you the details. | 很好 我待会再告诉你细节 |
[16:55] | Thanks for going for me, mate. | 谢谢你替我去 老弟 |
[16:57] | Yeah. | 别客气 |
[17:00] | Daniel, are you going out of the office? | 丹尼尔 你要走吗 |
[17:03] | Uh, when do you think we can do the dry run of my presentation? | 你什么时候能听听我的陈述呢 |
[17:06] | Oh, I’m not gonna be gone long, hour, tops. | 我不会去很久的 最多一个小时 |
[17:10] | You got something in your hair. | 你的头发有东西 |
[17:12] | Oh. I was looking for that. | 我刚还在找呢 |
[17:17] | If I get called out there and I don’t make it back… | 如果我被叫走了 一去不返 |
[17:22] | I want you to know, you have been an excellent teammate, Sherman. | 记着 你是最棒的队友 谢尔曼 |
[17:26] | Red rover, red rover, send daniel right over. | 大灰狼 大灰狼 把丹尼尔送过来 |
[17:38] | Okay. okay, everyone. | 好了 好了 大家 |
[17:39] | Everyone, quietly, quietly get in line for potty break and juice. | 大家保持安静 排队去课间休息 |
[17:44] | Go with miss Haskell, quietly in line. | 跟着哈斯克尔老师走 遵守纪律 |
[17:50] | Great call with the red rover. | 好嘛 大灰狼 |
[17:52] | I knew I was in trouble when I asked them who wanted | 当我问他们谁长大后想当编辑时 |
[17:55] | To be an editor when they grow up, and little Emmy said… | 就知道有麻烦了 然后小艾米说… |
[17:59] | “um, I want to be a dancer/monkey/ chinese person.” | 我想当一名舞蹈家 猴子 中国人(难道是孙悟空) |
[18:05] | So you’re good with kids. | 你对孩子真有一套 |
[18:07] | Yeah, well, it’s definitely something I’ve been thinking about lately, | 对 我最近在想一件事 |
[18:11] | You know, starting a family. | 组织一个家庭 |
[18:15] | -Oh, come on. what? -No. nothing. | -怎么了 -没事 |
[18:18] | You are just not the Daniel Meade that you read about in the tabloids. | 你和小报上的丹尼尔・米德简直是两个人 |
[18:22] | Well, I’m just full of surprises. mm. | 我总能给人惊喜 |
[18:28] | So what’s next? um, finger painting? | 还有什么 手指画 |
[18:31] | macaroni art? | 面团手艺 |
[18:33] | Hey, if you got the time, I got the pasta. | 如果你有时间 我有生面团 |
[18:42] | I guess that’s that. | 只能这样了 |
[19:10] | I’ve been an aistant to the editor-in-chief at | 我在《风尚》担任总编辑助手 |
[19:13] | “mode” magazine for two years now, and I love my job there. | 至今两年了 我热爱这份工作 |
[19:16] | But as we all know, | 众所周知 |
[19:17] | The goal of a fashion magazine is to create | 时尚杂志的目标就是要创造 |
[19:20] | And sell an image that women will want to become. | 和推介一种形象 让女性效仿 |
[19:23] | I have imagined a magazine that celebrates what women already are… | 我想做一种赞颂女性本身的杂志 |
[19:32] | A magazine for the young woman looking to | 专属于希望被尊敬 |
[19:35] | Be inspired beyond celebrities and clothing. | 却不是因为名声和衣服的年轻女性 |
[19:38] | Sounds like my daughter. | 听起来像我的女儿 |
[19:39] | Well, then your daughter might be interested in reading… | 那也许你女儿会有兴趣哦 |
[19:44] | “b magazine,” a lifestyle magazine for young women. | 《B杂志》 年轻女性的生活杂志 |
[19:48] | This magazine says that it’s okay to get involved, to use your mind, | 这杂志认同女性要有深度 会思考 |
[19:55] | Be thoughtful, be confident, be yourself. | 有想法 自信 和做回自己 |
[20:00] | “b magazine.” | 《B杂志》 |
[20:05] | Nice, miss suarez. | 不错 苏亚雷斯小姐 |
[20:07] | Let’s hear your letter from the editor. | 让我们听一下你的编辑的信吧 |
[20:19] | Okay, okay, okay. | 好了 好了 好了 |
[20:20] | So how did it go? | 怎么了 |
[20:22] | I think I nailed it. | 我想他们很感兴趣 |
[20:23] | Yay! she nailed it! yes! my daughter! | 太好了! 他们兴致勃勃! 好姑娘! |
[20:25] | Shh, shh, dad. she’s my daughter. this is my daughter. | -嘘 爸爸 -我女儿啊 这是我女儿 |
[20:27] | Dad, dad, shh. | 爸爸 爸爸 嘘 |
[20:28] | Oh, sorry, sorry, sorry. | 对不起 对不起 |
[20:52] | Andre, heather, emily, | 安德鲁 海瑟勒 艾米丽 |
[20:53] | Sven– would you mind setting up the powerpoint screen in there, please? | 斯文 你们能把幻灯片屏幕设在那里吗 谢谢 |
[20:57] | Thank you so much. you’re the best. | 太谢谢了 你们是最棒的 |
[21:00] | Marc. | 马克 |
[21:02] | You brought a team. | 你雇了一个队伍 |
[21:03] | Oh, just some of the interns from “mode” | 只不过是《风尚》的一些实习生 |
[21:06] | Helping out with the heavy lifting. no big whoop. | 来做苦力罢了 别吃惊 |
[21:08] | “a-list” magazine– for all things fashion, fabulous and famous. | 《A-品味》杂志 搜罗一切时尚 出位和著名的东西 |
[21:13] | See that? all fluff. | 看他们 徒劳无功 失策了吧 |
[21:15] | -You showed ’em you were smart. -A celebrity magazine? | -你比他们高明多了 -名流杂志? |
[21:18] | I mean, hasn’t that been done? | 那不是N多人嚼过的馍么 |
[21:21] | Well, instead of just exploiting the celebrity culture, | 除了开发名流文化 |
[21:24] | I’m commenting on it, ruminating on america’s obsession with fame. | 还有点评 反思美国人对名望的沉迷 |
[21:27] | Why can’t we get enough? | 为什么我们总是欲求不满 |
[21:31] | -That sounds kind of smart. -I know. | -听起来还挺不错 -我知道 |
[21:32] | Actually, david sedaris wrote a really great feature for us about–well, | 戴维・谢达利(美著名幽默家 撰稿人)给我们写了很好的特约稿 |
[21:35] | You know what? why don’t you just take a look? | 要不 给你们看看吧 |
[21:37] | -You can keep that. -Wait. you did an entire magazine? | -送你们的 -等等 你们做了整本的杂志 |
[21:44] | Marc, sorry we’re late. | 马克 抱歉我们迟到了 |
[21:46] | There they are. | 可来了 |
[21:47] | Suares, you’re familiar with the super chic, | 苏亚雷斯 你一定很熟悉时尚达人 |
[21:50] | Iconic stylings of fashion house badgley mischka. | 时尚设计室的巴德利・米奇卡吧 |
[21:53] | Meet mark badgley and james mischka. | 这是马克・巴德利和詹姆斯・米奇卡 |
[21:56] | Marc’s y.e.t.i. sponsors. uh! | 马克进Y.E.T.I.的推荐人 哈 |
[21:58] | We read your magazine. it’s so sharp. | 我们看了你的杂志 真尖锐 |
[22:00] | -It’s right on the money. -Where has wilhelmina been hiding you? | -对金钱的评价太对了 -威廉敏娜一直把你藏在哪儿呢 |
[22:03] | Oh, mark, james. | 马克 詹姆斯 |
[22:06] | -Marc st. james? -Yes. | -马克・詹姆斯 -到! |
[22:08] | -francesca. -james! | -弗朗西斯卡 -詹姆斯 |
[22:13] | I didn’t know you were a judge for this. | 我还不知道你就是这次的评判呢 |
[22:14] | -You’re gonna love our friend marc. -Come in. | -你会爱上我们的朋友马克的 -进来吧 |
[22:16] | Yes. we’re eager to see your presentation. | 我们迫不及待要听你的陈述了 |
[22:18] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[22:44] | There’s my favorite girl. | 我最爱的女孩 |
[22:47] | Hey,are you applying to y.e.t.i. again? | 你还要申请Y.E.T.I.吗 |
[22:50] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[22:51] | Daniel, I’ve applied for 49 years in a row. | 丹尼尔 我已经连续申请了49年了 |
[22:55] | Maybe if you finally gave me that letter of recommendation… | 也许你给我写推荐信的话 |
[22:58] | Oh, come on, betty. don’t be such a nag. | 又来了 贝蒂 别碎碎念嘛 |
[23:02] | Hey, would you mind grabbing me a cup of coffee? | 你能拿杯咖啡给我吗 |
[23:04] | That’s my job. | 我就是干这个的 |
[23:13] | Don’t run now. | 现在可别跑哦 |
[23:14] | Wouldn’t want you to hurt yourself… | 我可不想你受伤 |
[23:16] | Because you’re gonna be my assistant until your dying day. | 因为你要做我的助手到你死的那天呢 |
[23:20] | You’re my betty. | 你是我的贝蒂 |
[23:22] | Betty. | 贝蒂 |
[23:23] | Sorry I’m late. I lost track of time. | 对不起 我迟到了 我忘了时间 |
[23:25] | I’m ready to help you with your y.e.t.i. thing. | 我准备好帮你弄Y.E.T.I.的东西了 |
[23:32] | Oh. excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[23:34] | “you missed it”? | “你已经错过了”? |
[23:37] | Betty, why are you texting me? | 贝蒂 为什么你发短信给我啊 |
[23:43] | “can’t talk to you right now!!!” | “现在不想和你说话!!!” |
[23:45] | Hmm. all capitals, one, two, three exclamation points. | 全部都大写呢 还三个叹号 |
[23:49] | Okay, I get it. you’re mad at me. | 好吧 我懂了 你生气了 |
[23:51] | Look, I feel terrible. | 听着 我错了 |
[23:52] | Is there something I can do, someone I can talk to for you? | 我能做点什么 给谁带个话 弥补下 |
[23:57] | “too late.” happy face? | “太迟了” 笑脸 |
[24:00] | -That’s supposed to be an unhappy face. -Ha! I got you to talk. | -那是哭丧的脸 -哈 你可开口了 |
[24:02] | You can’t go back now. | 不许再那样 |
[24:03] | I’m shutting my phone off. listen to me. | 我要关掉电话 听我说 |
[24:05] | Betty, I am sorry. | 贝蒂 对不起 |
[24:08] | Whatever, daniel. | 随便了 丹尼尔 |
[24:10] | Recommendation letter, dry run– none of it would have helped. | 推荐信 排练 什么都没用了 |
[24:13] | I’m not getting into y.e.t.i. | 我进不了Y.E.T.I. |
[24:18] | Daniel meade’s office. how can I help you? | 丹尼尔・米德办公室 有什么能帮您 |
[24:21] | Yes, this is betty. | 对 我是贝蒂 |
[24:24] | What? | 什么 |
[24:27] | Wait. I got in? I got into y.e.t.i.? | 等等 我进了? 我进Y.E.T.I.了 |
[24:30] | That’s amazing! | 太好了 |
[24:32] | Yes! | 好 |
[24:33] | All right! | 太好了 |
[24:35] | That’s so great! should I come down there? | 那太好了 我要过去吗 |
[24:47] | You were brilliant. ah. | 你太聪明了! |
[24:49] | You got that guy to lock in the premium rate for the | 你让那人锁定了今后5年的优惠率 |
[24:52] | Next five years and make him think that it was his idea. | 还让他以为那是他自己的主意 |
[24:55] | I thought I was pushing it. | 我想我只是顺水推舟 |
[24:56] | Well, sometimes people want to be pushed a little. | 有时候人就是要被推一把 |
[25:01] | You were magnificent. | 你太棒了 |
[25:02] | Well, we certainly do make for a well-oiled machine | 恩 我们果然珠联璧合 |
[25:05] | Yes, we do. so shall we go out and celebrate? | 没错 咱们是不是该出去庆祝下 |
[25:09] | Yes. absolutely. | 要 当然要了 |
[25:11] | Although the restaurant we passed on the way in | 虽然我们刚刚经过的餐厅 |
[25:14] | Had a sign in front that says, uh, “we’ve got crabs.” | 外面挂着”我们有蟹”的牌子 |
[25:18] | Hmm. okay, what do you suggest? | 你想说什么 |
[25:20] | Well, believe it or not, this hotel is the best place in town. | 信不信由你 这酒店是城里最好的 |
[25:23] | Maybe we could, um, order room service, a bottle of wine? | 也许我们可以叫房间服务 一瓶红酒? |
[25:27] | Sounds great. | 好像不错 |
[25:29] | Yes, it does… | 的确不错 |
[25:32] | Doesn’t it? | 不是吗 |
[25:44] | Okay, | 好了 |
[25:44] | So you are never gonna guess where we are | 那你都不猜猜我们 |
[25:46] | Going tomorrow night– “in the heights” on broadway. | 明天晚上要去哪吗 去百老汇看《高地人生》 |
[25:53] | Okay. you’re speechless. | 好了 你鸡冻地无语了 |
[25:56] | I was, too, but hello! four tonys, two tickets. | 的确 但是 … 两张票哦 |
[26:00] | Um, I can’t go. I’m busy. | 我去不了 我有事 |
[26:02] | Well, you’re gonna have to cancel whatever you’re doing, | 那就推掉它啊 |
[26:05] | Because you don’t even understand how great these seats are. | 你根本不知道这位置有多好吧 |
[26:08] | -Look, justin, I don’t– -What? | -听着 贾斯汀 -什么 |
[26:09] | I don’t think we should hang out anymore. | 我觉得我们不该再一起玩了 |
[26:13] | Why? is there something wrong? | 为什么啊 怎么了 |
[26:18] | Dude, stop following me around. | 小子 别再缠着我了 |
[26:20] | It’s pathetic. get a life. | 真讨厌 自己玩去吧 |
[26:27] | See you in dance class. | 舞蹈课上见吧 |
[26:29] | Oh, man, what a loser. | 哈 可怜虫 |
[26:37] | Hi, marc. | 小马 |
[26:39] | Marc, isn’t in right now, but if you leave your name and number, | 小马不在 如果你留下姓名和电话号码 |
[26:41] | He’ll never speak toou again | 他也不会回复 |
[26:42] | you odious sea cow, betty. beep. | 你这个恐龙母牛妹 贝蒂 滴 |
[26:47] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[26:48] | Obviously you got your y.e.t.i. news. | 显然你也接到青年编辑进修所的拒绝通知了 |
[26:51] | Look, I know you must be disappointed | 听着 我肯定你很失望 |
[26:53] | but for whatever it’s worth, | 但不管你怎么想 |
[26:55] | I really liked your presentation. | 我真的很欣赏你的作品 |
[26:58] | It was really good. | 真的很棒 |
[27:00] | Only about a thousand times better than yours. | 只比你的好一千倍罢了 |
[27:02] | Okay, well, I don’t know about that. | 那个 我倒没发现 |
[27:04] | Look, maybe the judges just saw how much I wanted it, you know, | 你看 也许评委只是看我那么渴望进去 |
[27:07] | How much I want to be an editor. | 你知道我有多渴望的 |
[27:09] | Mm-hmm. you’re right, because I don’t want to be an editor. | 是啊 我就一点都不想当编辑 |
[27:11] | I didn’t go to f.i.t. | 我没有参加培训班 |
[27:12] | Or spend a summer abroad studying menswear in milan | 或是整个夏天在米兰学男装设计 |
[27:15] | Or spend the last four years of my life slaving for the | 或是花了至少四年给这个连我 |
[27:19] | Best creative director in the industry, | 报了进修所都不知道或是不关心的 |
[27:21] | Who doesn’t even know and wouldn’t even care that I applied to y.e.t.i. | 业界最有名的编辑当助手 |
[27:28] | Okay, well, clearly you wanted it. | 好吧 你确实也很渴望 |
[27:31] | Look, maybe they just liked my concept better or, you know, | 那可能是他们跟喜欢我的理念吧 或是 你知道 |
[27:36] | Who knows why they would pick me. i– yeah, okay. | -天知道为什么他们选了我 -是啊 |
[27:40] | What? nothing. forget it. | -怎么了 -没啥 |
[27:41] | No. what, marc? | 不 小马 怎么了 |
[27:44] | You really think that what you did in two days | 你真以为你花了两天做的那玩意 |
[27:47] | Is better than what I spent three months working on? | 比我花了三个月做的要好么 |
[27:51] | Y-y-you’re really gonna make me say it? | 你真想让我说出来么 |
[27:53] | Say what? | 说啥 |
[27:56] | You helped them meet their quota. | 你不过帮他们完成了配额 |
[28:01] | What are you talking about? | 你什么意思 |
[28:02] | I mean, they picked you, betty suarez of queens, becausyou’re latina. | 他们选你 皇后区的贝蒂・苏亚雷斯 因为你是拉丁裔 |
[28:10] | You’re the token ethnic girl. | 正好满足他们的种族配额 |
[28:15] | Wha– what? n– they picked me… | 什 什么 他们选我 |
[28:20] | That doesn’t even… | 那甚至不 |
[28:22] | Wow, marc. | 哇 小马 |
[28:25] | You have said a lot of really ugly things to me in the past, | 你以前说过我好多难听的话 |
[28:29] | But that is by far and away the ugliest. | 但这是最最最过分的 |
[28:33] | Well, I’m sorry, betty. | 我很遗憾 贝蒂 |
[28:34] | It may be ugly, but it’s the truth. | 可能是难听了点 但这是事实 |
[28:46] | Surprise! surprise! you’re in the y.e.t.i. | 号外 号外 你被青年编辑进修所录取了 |
[28:54] | Guys, guys, guys, guys, no. | 伙计们伙计们 别这样 |
[28:55] | No, no. it’s not really a good time right now. what? | 别 现在真不是时候 |
[28:58] | Bui brought the capirotada. yeah! | 什么 我还带来了小甜点 |
[29:02] | Yay, betty! she did it. ow! | 贝蒂 她成功了 |
[29:04] | God! | 天啊 |
[29:06] | Guys, I don’t feel like celebrating right now. | 伙计们 我现在不想庆祝 |
[29:10] | Why? what–what– what’s wrong, mija? | 为啥 怎么啦 亲爱的 |
[29:14] | Marc told me that the only reason y.e.t.i. | 小马说他们选我只是因为 |
[29:17] | Accepted me is because I’m latina. | 我是拉丁裔 |
[29:21] | What? sounds like sour grapes to me. | 啥 听起来有点酸葡萄 |
[29:22] | Yeah. yeah, well, I called, and they didn’t exactly deny it. | 我打电话去了 他们也没正面否认 |
[29:26] | Who cares why you got in? you got in. | 谁管你是怎么上的 总之你上了 |
[29:28] | I care. look, you gotta take every advantage you get in this life. | -我在乎 -人活着要学会利用一切优势 |
[29:33] | When I have to go to the butcher shop, I put on my tightest tank top, | 我去肉铺时就会穿上我最紧的背心 |
[29:36] | And thank you to the pointer sisters right here, | 然后多亏了这对小白兔 |
[29:38] | Abundio the meat man– | 阿布迪欧 那个卖肉的男的 |
[29:41] | Is that fair? no. so what? | 公平吗 不 那又如何 |
[29:42] | who cares? I don’t care. thank you | 谁在乎 反正我不在乎 |
[29:44] | I can never show my face in that butcher shop again. | 谢谢 我再也没脸去肉店了 |
[29:45] | Please. betty, it doesn’t matter. | -拜托 -贝蒂 那无关紧要 |
[29:48] | When your mom and I came to this country, | 你妈和我刚来这国家时 |
[29:50] | We wanted to start a better life. | 我们想开始新的生活 |
[29:51] | oh, here goes the young immigrant story. | 又是年轻移民的故事 |
[29:53] | All over the city, I looked for woras a chef, but nobody would hire me. | 我寻遍全城想找份厨师工作 但没人雇我 |
[29:56] | One guy told me flat out, | 有人对我说 拉倒吧 |
[29:57] | “puerto ricans don’t touch the food. | 波多黎各人别碰吃的 |
[29:59] | You can wash the dishes.” | 你就洗盘子吧 |
[30:01] | I said, “i’m not puerto rican. I’m a maxican. | 我说我不是波多黎各人 我是墨西哥人 |
[30:03] | Know what he said to me? “even worse.” | 你知道他说啥 “更差劲” |
[30:06] | papi, look, i– all I’m saying is, | -老爸 这 -我说这些的意思是 |
[30:09] | If being mexican helped this time, then good. take it. | 如果墨西哥裔让你受益的话 就欣然接受吧 |
[30:14] | No, papi. | 不 老爹 |
[30:16] | I wanted to be accepted because I earned it. | 我希望我是名至实归 |
[30:19] | You did. | 你本来就是的 |
[30:28] | So, wil… yes? | -对了 威尔 -啥 |
[30:30] | Tell me, no mann your life, | 跟我说说 你生活里没中意的男人么 |
[30:31] | or are men just disposable to you? | 还是男人对你是可有可无的呢 |
[30:34] | Well, yes, there’s been men, but, uh… what? | -那啥 曾经是有几个 不过 -怎么 |
[30:39] | Well, it sounds awful, but they’ve all been such terrible disappointments. | 听起来很糟 不过 确实都不咋滴 |
[30:47] | Well,I’ve seeyou in action, | 我见识了生活中真实的你 |
[30:48] | and you are a very formidable woman. | 你是个很厉害的女人 |
[30:52] | I’m sure they find it hard to keep up. | 我肯定他们觉得你太难驾驭 |
[30:55] | So molly–um, she teaches children how to color? | 那茉莉 她也教小孩画画么 |
[31:00] | Yeah, she’s great. | 是啊 她很不错 |
[31:01] | Molly–she’s, um, very free-spirited, very forthright. | 茉莉嘛 思想很开放 很直率 |
[31:05] | You always know exactly what she’s thinking. | 你基本不用猜她在想啥 |
[31:07] | Yes, yes, yes. | 是啊是啊 |
[31:09] | I met her. she’s a peach. | 我见过她 她是个尤物 |
[31:11] | But a schoolteacher doesn’t seem like a | 但一个老师跟像你这样的商界精英 |
[31:14] | Natural fit for a powerful business mind as yourself. | 好像不是一路人 |
[31:18] | Well, I guess at first, | 我想一开始这样的 |
[31:20] | It was the differences that were challenging and exciting. | 差异是很吸引人的 |
[31:27] | It was an aphrodisiac– opposites being drawn together. | 就像催情剂一样 颠倒众生 |
[31:32] | And, uh, now? | 那 现在呢 |
[31:36] | And now… | 现在嘛 |
[31:39] | We’re engaged. | 我们订婚了 |
[31:45] | Let’s, uh, have some more wine, shall we? | 再来点儿酒吧 |
[31:58] | Justin, easy on the door. leave me alone. | -贾斯廷 轻点关门 -少管我 |
[32:01] | Excuse me. | 再说一遍 |
[32:01] | Lose the attitude or you’re not going to “in the heights” tomorrow. | 好好说话 不然明天休想去看《高地人生》 |
[32:05] | I’m not going anyway. | 我本来就不去了 |
[32:07] | Justin, what happened? why are you so upset? | 贾斯廷 怎么了 谁惹你生气了 |
[32:09] | Randy doesn’t want to be friends anymore. why not? | -兰迪不想跟我做朋友了 -怎么呢 |
[32:11] | I don’t know, mom. I don’t know. | 我不知道 老妈 我也不知道 |
[32:14] | But I’m not going to the stupid show. | 但我不去看那个傻X演出了 |
[32:16] | Justin, I’m sure that randy did not mom. | -贾斯廷 我肯定兰迪不是 -老妈 |
[32:20] | Please stop. I don’t want to talk about it. | 请别说了 我现在不想谈这个 |
[32:39] | “dear, daniel, thanks for coming to our class. | “亲爱的丹尼尔 谢谢今天来我们班 |
[32:42] | You are old.” | 你好老啊” |
[32:57] | Hello. | 喂 |
[32:58] | Oh, hey. uh, it’s daniel. um… | 我是丹尼尔 |
[33:01] | Just got your thank-you notes. | 刚收到了你的感谢信 |
[33:04] | Just calling to, um, thank you for those. | 只是打电话跟你说谢谢 |
[33:07] | You’re thanking me for thank-you notes? | 你要感谢我给你感谢信么 |
[33:09] | It’s kind of weird. I’m sorry. | 这有点怪 抱歉 |
[33:11] | Um, i-i didn’t mean to bother you. | 我不是想打搅你 |
[33:14] | You’re not bothering me. | 你没打扰我 |
[33:15] | It’s nice to talk to a grown-up. | 能和一个成年人说话真开心 |
[33:17] | Connor’s still in florida, so I’m working late tonight. | 康纳还在佛罗里达 所以我今晚加班 |
[33:20] | By the way, the macaroni earrings you made are surprisingly wearable. | 对了 你做的通心粉耳环真是无敌百搭 |
[33:30] | Why is it that I’m stonkered and you’re fine? | 怎么我都上头了你跟还没事人一样 |
[33:32] | Well, I guess I can hold my liquor better than you. | 我估计是我的酒拿得比你稳吧 |
[33:45] | You know, wil, I disagree with everybody at the office. | 你知道 我不同意办公室里的人的看法 |
[33:48] | I think you’re great. | 我觉得你很不错 |
[33:51] | Oh, that reminds me of boarding school. | 这让我想起读寄宿学校时 |
[33:53] | We used to play spin the bottle. | 我们玩转瓶子 |
[33:58] | That sounds like a dangerous game. | 似乎是个危险的游戏 |
[34:00] | Well, no, it’s harmless. | 不 没什么大不了 |
[34:02] | Of course never wanted the bottle to land on me. | 当然 我也不想中招 |
[34:06] | I was, uh, always afraid of just what might happen. | 我呢 总是害怕未知的事 |
[34:13] | You are very hard to resist. | 你真是令人难以抗拒 |
[34:17] | Well, then stop resisting. | 那么就不要抗拒 |
[34:20] | No. | 不 |
[34:22] | Stop. | 打住 |
[34:23] | Wilhelmina, I’m engaged. | 威廉敏娜 我订婚了 |
[34:25] | You need to stop what you’re doing and accept that. | 别再花心思了 你得接受这个事实 |
[34:47] | Here. you’re in. | 你被录用了 |
[34:49] | What? | 什么 |
[34:50] | You were right. | 你说得对 |
[34:52] | Your presentation was better. so I dropped out, and you’re in. | 你的推介更出色 所以我退出 让给你 |
[34:57] | Betty, are you crazy? | 贝蒂 你疯了吗 |
[34:58] | I have been discriminated against my whole life. | 我的人生饱受歧视 |
[35:01] | If I was given an advantage like you, I would take it and run with it. | 要是我有你这样的优势 绝不会放过机会 |
[35:04] | Marc, you’re a gay man in the fashion industry. | 小马 你是时尚界的男同 |
[35:07] | You have plenty of advantages. | 你有很多优势 |
[35:08] | That gets me nothing. | 我什么都没有 |
[35:10] | Madonna–tickets, backstage passes. | 麦当娜 后台通行证 |
[35:12] | Thanks, bitch. | 谢谢 贱人 |
[35:16] | Okay, but outside the fashion world, it’s a different story. | 但是在时尚界之外 就是另一回事了 |
[35:18] | Look, marc, at the end of the day, you deserved it more. | 听着 小马 归根到底 这是你应得的 |
[35:22] | -And I could just… apply next year. -I-I… | -我可以…明年再申请 -我… |
[35:26] | Marc, just–please, before I change my mind. | 小马 拿着 趁我改变主意之前 |
[35:31] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[35:35] | I’m sorry for the things that I said yesterday. | 我为昨天说的话道歉 |
[35:37] | I hope you don’t think I’m a racist. | 希望你别当我是种族主义者 |
[35:39] | Just so you know, | 实话说 |
[35:40] | Some of the hottest guys I’ve ever dated have been Latino. | 我有几个最惹火的交往对象是拉丁裔 |
[35:46] | You’re welcome. | 没关系 |
[35:51] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[36:08] | You know, you might feel better if you just tell me what happened. | 告诉我发生了什么事 也许会感觉好点 |
[36:12] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[36:24] | I’m on your side. | 我支持你 |
[36:27] | Well, one minute Randy’s my best friend, | 不久前兰迪还是我最好的朋友 |
[36:29] | and… now he– he hates me. | 他现在突然讨厌我了 |
[36:33] | That’s not possible. | 不可能 |
[36:34] | No, it is… | 真的 |
[36:36] | Because… I don’t fit in with his friends. | 因为…我和他的朋友合不来 |
[36:43] | Well, then that’s their problem, because you’re perfect. | 那就是他们的问题了 因为你是最好的 |
[36:46] | Yeah, okay. | 好了 够了 |
[36:47] | No. | 别这样 |
[36:49] | Sweetie, listen to me. | 亲爱的 听着 |
[36:51] | You are perfect. | 你是最好的 |
[36:54] | But you’re gonna meet a lot of stupid people in your life, | 但在生活中你还会遇到很多笨蛋 |
[36:58] | And they’re just not gonna get you. | 他们不会明白你 |
[37:00] | Screw ’em. | 去他们的 |
[37:03] | All that matters is that you never, for a second, change who you are. | 重要的是 一直做你自己 永远不变 |
[37:11] | I know. | 我懂了 |
[37:15] | Promise? | 真的 |
[37:17] | Yeah. | 是 |
[37:25] | Mom? | 妈 |
[37:26] | Yeah? | 嗯 |
[37:28] | Did you get rid of the theater tickets yet? | 你把戏票处理掉了吗 |
[37:30] | No. Do you want to go? | 没有 你想去吗 |
[37:34] | I mean, | 我是说 |
[37:34] | Just because Randy’s an idiot doesn’t | 兰迪是笨蛋 |
[37:36] | Mean we have to waste perfectly good tickets. | 不能因为他浪费了两张绝世好票 |
[37:41] | Yeah, man. | 对极了 |
[37:42] | I would love to see “in the heights.” | 我很想看《高地人生》 |
[37:43] | Are you kidding me? oh, my baby boy. | 不是跟我开玩笑吧 我的小宝贝 |
[37:48] | Sorry. sorry. I know you don’t like that. | 对不起 对不起 我知道你不喜欢 |
[37:52] | It’s okay. you know, I love you, mom. | 没关系的 我爱你 妈妈 |
[37:55] | Oh… I love you, baby. | 我爱你 宝贝 |
[38:10] | So how was the trip with Connor? was there nudity? | 和康纳的旅途怎么样 有没有”坦诚相对” |
[38:13] | -Did you get a look… down under? -It was a complete bust. | -“彻底”看清楚了吗 -完全失败 |
[38:16] | For some reason, he’s completed devoted to that… | 真是神了 他完全专注于那个… |
[38:20] | Molly. | 茉莉 |
[38:21] | Ugh. devotion. | 专一啊 |
[38:23] | Does he see that she doesn’t use eyeliner? | 他没注意到她连眼线膏都不用吗 |
[38:26] | So what’s the plan? what do we do now? | 那计划是什么 现在该怎么做 |
[38:27] | Nothing. there is no plan. | 拉倒吧 没有计划 |
[38:32] | I’m not gonna beg. | 我不会缠着他 |
[38:34] | If he wants to marry that do-gooding gremlin, that’s his choice. | 如果他要和那好好女孩结婚 是他的决定 |
[38:39] | I’m sorry, willie. | 我很遗憾 娜娜 |
[38:41] | Sorry for what? | 有什么可遗憾的 |
[38:44] | Oh, and, uh, marc, I heard you got into the Y.E.T.I program. | 小马 我听说你被Y.E.T.I.录取了 |
[38:52] | I trust that’s not going to interfere with your job here. | 这应该不会影响到你这里的工作吧 |
[38:59] | Oh, of course not. | 当然不会 |
[39:00] | Good. | 好 |
[39:01] | I can’t think of anyone more deserving. | 我想不出第二个更有资格的人了 |
[39:05] | Congratulations. | 恭喜你 |
[39:13] | Betty, can you come in here a moment? | 贝蒂 能过来一下吗 |
[39:26] | Betty… | 贝蒂… |
[39:29] | I know how important Y.E.T.I. was to you, | 我知道Y.E.T.I.对你来说有多重要 |
[39:33] | and I dropped the ball. | 我却失信了 |
[39:34] | It’s fine. no, it’s not. | 我很好 没事 |
[39:36] | And now I’m hearing you dropped out so marc could get in? | 听说你退出让小马被录取了 |
[39:39] | Y.E.T.I. won’t take two people from the same magazine. | Y.E.T.I.不会同时录取两个来自一间杂志社的人 |
[39:42] | Yeah, that’s why I made a couple calls. | 我就为这事打了几个电话 |
[39:44] | I just thought, you know, | 我在想 |
[39:45] | They should know you worked at “player” this year, too. | 你今年也在《种马》工作过 |
[39:48] | Just don’t drop out this time. | 这次别退出了 |
[39:52] | Did you get me accepted? | 你让我被录取了 |
[39:55] | All you had to do was say I worked at “player”? | 要做的只是说我在《种马》工作过 |
[39:58] | Yeah. now you and marc are from different magazines. | 对 现在你和小马来自不同的杂志社了 |
[40:03] | I’m sure this didn’t hurt either. | 我想这个也不会太糟 |
[40:08] | I’m sorry it took me so long to write your recommendation. | 很抱歉 你的推荐信我写了这么久 |
[40:13] | Daniel, this is six pages. | 丹尼尔 这是六页 |
[40:17] | That’s short. you should have seen the first draft. | 这算短了 你该看看初稿 |
[40:22] | Well… | 那个… |
[40:24] | I don’t–i don’t even know what to say. | 我都不知道该说什么好了 |
[40:27] | Uh, sorry about before? | 之前的事 对不起 |
[40:30] | Look, I know you’re going places, just–you gotta do me a favor. | 我知道你有自己的追求 但可以帮我一个忙不 |
[40:35] | Try not to get there too fast. | 别那么快走 |
[40:39] | I’d be lying if I didn’t say I wish you | 实话说 我真想你在接下来 |
[40:41] | Were my assistant for the next 20 years. | 20年都当我助手 |
[40:44] | But don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[40:45] | I know in 20 years, I’ll probably be your assistant. | 20年内 我可能会变成你的助手呢 |
[41:14] | Daniel told me we both got in. | 丹尼尔说我们都被录取了 |
[41:16] | Pretty cool, right? did you see the schedule of speakers? | 酷毙了吧 看见讲师安排表了没 |
[41:19] | Anna Wintour and Tina Brown in the same week. ah! | 一周里就有安娜・温托(美VOGUE主编)和蒂娜・布朗(前纽约客主编) |
[41:24] | This is just the first step, you know? | 这只是第一步 |
[41:26] | We’re gonna be huge. | 我们会成为大人物的 |
[41:28] | -Betty, phone. -Marc, where is my moisturizer? | -贝蒂 电话 -马克 我的乳液在哪 |
[41:32] | Coming, willie. | 来了 威姐 |
[41:37] | Daniel Meade’s office. | 丹尼尔・米德办公室 |
[41:39] | Oh, thank you for calling back. I wanted to confirm… | 谢谢你的回复 我想确认… |