时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Her name is jodie papadakis, and she’s my idol. | 她名叫Jodie Papadakis 她可是我的偶像啊 |
[00:03] | I’ve been following her career, like, forever. | 我一直关注她的动向 从未间断 |
[00:05] | I can’t believe I finally get to meet her. | 真不敢相信 我终于可以见到她了 |
[00:07] | When I found out that she was running the Y.E.T.I. Program, I screamed. | 当发现Y.E.T.I.是她在管理的时候 我兴奋到大叫 |
[00:16] | I should probably buy mrs. Bowen a gift. | 我也许该给Bowen太太 买件礼物慰问一下 |
[00:18] | Okay, less talking, more taping. | 好了 少说话多做事 |
[00:21] | I can’t believe I set this party for friday. | 难以置信我竟然把派对定在了周五 |
[00:23] | How am I supposed to get all of this done in three days? | 我怎么才能在三天之内搞定这一切啊? |
[00:25] | That’s what your family is for. | 不是有我们在这帮你嘛 |
[00:26] | Don’t worry. We’ll get it done. | 别担心咯 我们会搞定的 |
[00:28] | Oh, did I tell you that she started out as a junior assistant at “the new york observer”? | 噢 我有告诉你吗? 她在<纽约观察家> 也是从初级助理做起的呢 |
[00:32] | Five years, she became the editor-in-chief. | 5年后 她就成了总编 |
[00:34] | She’s a genius. | 她真是个天才 |
[00:36] | And you chose us over her? | 那样你还愿意留家帮忙? |
[00:37] | No, tonight’s just a mixer. I get to see her tomorrow. | 没啦 今晚只是个联谊会 明天才能见到她本人 |
[00:39] | Oh, betty, what do you think if, for the reopening, | 噢 Betty 这样如何 这次重新开张 |
[00:43] | I hire someone to do music or magic or something– | 我去请一些乐手呀 魔术师呀 或者… |
[00:46] | ma, no magic. | 妈 不要魔术 |
[00:48] | I try so hard to get the bridge and tunnel out of this family. | 我费了多大力气才让 那些老古板的观念远离这个家 |
[00:51] | Would it be too weird to ask her to be my mentor right away? | 我若立刻叫她做我的导师 会不会太怪异了? |
[00:53] | Betty, your sister justsked you a question. | Betty 你还没回答你姐姐的问题呢 |
[00:56] | Yeah. Hello? | 就是 回答呢? |
[00:57] | Oh, right. Yes. do you know what else would be fun? | 噢 是的哦 对了 你觉得这个创意怎样? |
[00:59] | Gift bags. | 礼品袋 |
[01:01] | I can’t afford gift bags. | 我可买不起礼品袋 |
[01:03] | I spent all my money on this beautiful sign and this new merch. | 我的钱都花在漂亮的彩灯标牌上了 还有这个新出的”牌牌” |
[01:08] | That’s short for “mehandise.” | 那是”牌子货”的别称 |
[01:11] | Hilda, it won’t cost you a thing. | Hilda 不会花掉你分文的 |
[01:14] | “Mode” gets samples all the time. | <时尚>那边随时都有样品 |
[01:15] | I can just bring some home tomorrow. | 明天我就去带点回来 |
[01:17] | Hey, what do you think? | 嘿 觉得怎样? |
[01:19] | Hilda’s beautilities plus. | Hilda的美发沙龙- 精品 |
[01:21] | Oh, my god! This is so exciting. | 噢 我的天哪! 太激动人心了 |
[01:25] | This party is gonna be like my very own broadway opening. | 这个派对就像是我个人的 百老汇开场秀一样 |
[01:28] | Yeah, it’s like “spring awakening,” “avenue Q.” | 是啊 就像是”苏醒之春” “Q大道” |
[01:30] | And “south pacific” all rolled into one. | 还有”南太平洋”浓缩成的一出绝世好秀 (均为百老汇著名音乐剧) |
[01:33] | Grandpa, nice. | 外公 不错啊 |
[01:35] | Hey, I keep up. | 嘿 与时俱进嘛 |
[01:38] | hey, shouldn’t that face outward? | 嘿 那不是该对着外面的吗? |
[01:40] | – Papi. | – Ay, dios m鞳. – 老爸 – 啊 天哪 |
[01:42] | I wasn’t done. | 我还没弄好呢 |
[01:51] | There is no other way to spin it. | 结局已定 无法逆转了 |
[01:52] | “Elle” kicked our butts last month. | |
[01:54] | Was it classy tohow sarah silverman on the toilet? No. | 难道非得登Sarah Silverman(女笑星) 上厕所才算得上时尚? 不 |
[01:58] | But their numbers were way up, and a win is a win. | 但他们的销售额确实高出很多 赢了就是赢了 |
[02:00] | So trashy. That never would have happened at “elle” on my watch. | 真没用 有我在的话 |
[02:02] | – Weren’t you an intern? – Shut up. | – 你不是还在实习吗? – 闭嘴 |
[02:04] | guys. | 小声点 |
[02:05] | Anyway, we are not gonna lose again. | 总之 我们不能再败下阵来 |
[02:08] | If we do, one of you dies. | 如果再输 你们中就有人要死定了 |
[02:11] | I have something big planned for april. | 4月那期我打算大干一场 |
[02:12] | I can’t talk about it just yet. | 现在还不能多透露 |
[02:14] | Treat everything we discuss in here as proprietary. | 刚刚讨论的一切都得高度保密 |
[02:17] | Those cows at “elle” would love to know what we’re up to. | |
[02:19] | On the flip side, if any of you hear anything about them, | 话说回来 若有人听到 关于他们的什么动静… |
[02:22] | there is a very nice bottle of wine in it for you. | 就能有幸得到一瓶上等好酒 |
[02:25] | And maybe you’ll live to see another day. | 或许也能因此多活些时日 |
[02:27] | Now get back to work. | 回去干活吧 |
[02:31] | I love the whole good cop/bad cop thing you two have going. | 我爱极了你俩一人唱红脸 一人唱白脸的策略 |
[02:35] | Ah, it’s not really a thing. It’s more like I’m nice, she’s not. | 啊 与其说是策略 不如说我是好人 而她不是 |
[02:38] | Can I help it if my balls are bigger than his? | 我就是比他有种 有什么办法? |
[02:41] | God, I love this woman. | 天哪 我爱死这女人了 |
[02:44] | yeah. | 是吗 |
[02:46] | Will I see you at my party on friday? | 那周五我的派对上再见啦? |
[02:48] | I bumped graydon carter for you. | 为你 我邀请了Graydon Carter (Graydon Carter: <名利场>总编) |
[02:49] | I wouldn’t miss it for the world. | 那我岂能错过 |
[02:52] | Molly has a school pageant that night, but I plan on talking her out of it. | 那晚Molly学校有个庆典 不过我打算说服她别去 |
[02:56] | Oh, molly’s coming? | 噢 那Molly会来咯? |
[02:59] | Is that all right? | 可以吗? |
[03:00] | Well, of course. She’s your fianc镋. 当然可以了 她可是你未婚妻呀 | |
[03:03] | I guess I’ll just have to bump anna wintour off the guest list, | 那我就得把Anna Wintour踢出邀请单了 (Anna Wintour: Vogue美国版的总编) |
[03:07] | but, you know, serves her right. | 不过 知道不 她也活该 |
[03:08] | I think she stole a pair of sunglasses from me last year. | 我想她去年从我那 偷走了一副太阳镜 |
[03:11] | Good. I’m looking forward to it. | 那好 期待参加你的派对 |
[03:17] | this is the recently unearthed halston original from the fireworks collection. | 这是最近曝光的Halston烟火系列作品之一 (Halston: 70年代服装设计师 已逝) |
[03:21] | That is incredible. | 美得真不可思议 |
[03:23] | I found this private collector who’s gonna loan it to us for one shoot. | 我找到的这个私人收藏者 愿意借给我们拍一组照片 |
[03:27] | Ira knightley will do our cover if she can wear this dress. | 如果Keira Knightley能穿上的话 她愿意成为我们的封面女星 |
[03:30] | Shut up! | 不是吧! |
[03:31] | I mean, on that cover alone, we got 30 more pages of ad buys. | 我是说 仅靠这封面 我们就拿到了多出平时30页的广告定单 |
[03:34] | This could really be a big game changer for us. | 这真的可以成为我们致胜的转折点 |
[03:36] | Suck on that, “elle.” Go, daniel, go, daniel | 准备受死吧 |
[03:39] | we talked about that. I… | 我们说好的 我… |
[03:42] | I need you to arrange to pick this up from the collector’s loft tomorrow. | 我要你负责明天到收藏者的藏品库 去把衣服取回来 |
[03:45] | Here’s the info. Please, betty, keep it hush-hush. | 这是相关信息 拜托 Betty 务必隐秘再隐秘 |
[03:49] | I feel like an international spy. | 我感觉像个国际间谍 |
[03:51] | except real spies don’t announce they’re spies. | 只不过真的间谍 是不会说自己是间谍的 |
[03:56] | daniel, would you mind stepping into my office? | Daniel 你能来我的办公室一下吗? |
[03:59] | I’d like to show you something. | 我有点东西要给你看 |
[04:03] | I have some friends here in security. | 我在保安部有几个熟人 |
[04:08] | I didn’t realize you and molly were so close. | 没想到你和Molly如此亲密呢 |
[04:12] | You’re awful. | 你太毒了 |
[04:15] | Perhaps in the past, but not this time. | 也许过去如此 但这次不一样了 |
[04:21] | Look, this is the only copy. It’s yours. | 听着 这是唯一的一份 是你的了 |
[04:25] | – What do you want? – Nothing. | – 你想怎么样? – 不怎么样 |
[04:28] | This is a personal matter. | 这可是个人私事 |
[04:31] | I understand. | 我了解 |
[04:32] | She’s engaged to your friend, our–our colleague. | 她已与你的朋友 我们的同事订了婚 |
[04:34] | Look, I’m sure you probably don’t want to talk to me about this, but some things are worth the risk. | 我知道你也许不想和我谈这个 不过有些事是值得去冒险一试的 |
[04:41] | We both know how hard it is to find love. | 我们都知道真爱难寻 |
[04:44] | It’s–it’s not love. | 不算 不算爱了 |
[04:47] | Look, I don’t know what it is or how she feels. | 听着 我也不知道那算什么 或者她的感受如何 |
[04:50] | You know how you feel. | 可你知道你的感受啊 |
[04:53] | And it looks like molly might be on the same page. | 而且看似Molly也可能有同样的感受 |
[04:55] | Don’t you think you owe it to yourself to see whether there’s anything there? | 难道你就不想知道 你们之间究竟有没有可能? |
[05:02] | you gave him the dvd? | 你把那DVD给他了? |
[05:04] | What the hell is going on with you, woman? | 你究竟是怎么了 女人? |
[05:06] | And don’t say, “not everything’s a scheme, marc,” because I will slap you. | 别说”不是什么都能拿来做文章的 Marc” 因为我可会抽你两耳光哦 |
[05:09] | Not everything is a scheme, marc. | 不是什么都能拿来做文章的 Marc |
[05:11] | Okay, I think we both know that I’m not going to slap you. | 好了啦 我想咱俩都知道 我是不会抽你耳光的 |
[05:13] | Sometimes honesty works, too. | 有时诚实也能起作用 |
[05:15] | Oh, I get it. So honesty’s the scheme. The old honesty scheme. | 噢 我懂了 就拿诚实来做文章 那招流传千古的不二法门– 诚实 |
[05:19] | Yeah! That’s a classic. | 耶! 真是个经典 |
[05:20] | No, no, no. This is one of those rare times where what daniel wants and what I want intersect. | 不不不 这是少有的一次 Daniel想要的和我想要的出现了交集 |
[05:24] | Now if daniel and molly end up together, where does that leave… connor? | 要是Daniel和Molly最后走到一起了 可把Connor往哪儿放啊? |
[05:29] | heartbroken. | 悲痛欲绝啊 |
[05:31] | And then you’ll be there to pick up the pieces. | 然后你就会去收拾残局 |
[05:32] | you know me. I’m very nurturing. | 我你是知道的 最会温声细语了 |
[05:34] | yeah, very nur– very, very nurturing. | 是啊 很会– 很会温声细语 |
[05:39] | Christina. | |
[05:41] | “Betty suarez, young editor in training.” | “Betty Suarez 受训中的年轻编辑” |
[05:44] | This is so sweet. | 这太贴心了 |
[05:46] | Oh, I wanted you to have something special for your first day. | 噢 我想让你第一天 能有个特别的东东 |
[05:50] | Just don’t you forget about me when you’re a big star | 只要当你功成名就时 别忘了我就是了 |
[05:52] | and I’m still stuck here in my tailor’s dungeon. | 我还得挣扎在我裁缝的地牢里 |
[05:54] | All right, I know when you’re feeling sorry for yourself. | 好了 我知道你是在为自己感到难过 |
[05:57] | Well, I’ve been relining wilhelmina’s dress for her super elite cocktail party, | 我一直在替Wilhelmina重新裁量 出席她那超级精英鸡尾酒会要穿的礼服 |
[06:02] | even though the old one was perfectly good. | 尽管先前那一件已经完美至极了 |
[06:05] | And all this extra bending down’s making me feel dizzy because I’m carrying her little rodent, | 这些本没必要的弯腰让我感觉很晕眩 因为我正怀着她那只小兔崽子 |
[06:10] | which seems to be kicking me in the gut every five seconds today. | 还每隔5秒钟就踢我的肚子 |
[06:16] | and the internet has gone down. | 就连网络也连不上去 |
[06:20] | sorry. It’s all my hormones. Just… | 对不起 都是荷尔蒙惹得 只是… |
[06:25] | okay. All right. Okay. | 好的 没事的 好了 |
[06:29] | You know what would cheer you up? | 你知道什么能让你振作起来吗? |
[06:30] | – What? What? What? – Come to hilda’S. | – 什么? 什么? 什么? – 来Hilda的派对吧 |
[06:32] | She’s having this huge reopening of her salon. It’ll be fun. | 她要为她发廊来个盛大的重启派对 会很有意思的 |
[06:36] | Yeah, that does sound like fun. | 是啊 听起来是很有意思 |
[06:37] | I like your sister. | 我喜欢你姐姐 |
[06:39] | She says what’s on her mind, aye? | 她心里有啥就说 是吧? |
[06:41] | And she drinks. | 而且她还喝酒 |
[06:44] | I used to drink. | 我以前也常喝酒 |
[06:47] | oh, christina, are you sure you’re gonna be okay? | 噢 Christina 你确定你会没事? |
[06:50] | No, I’m fine. I d– I do this all day long. | 没事 我好得很 我 我习以为常了 |
[06:55] | now go. Go! | 快去吧 去啊! |
[06:56] | – Are you sure? – I’m positive. Go. Go. | – 你确定? – 我OK了 走吧 走吧 |
[06:58] | Uh, okay, but you’ll call me if you need anything? | 呃 好咯 但有什么需要就给我电话啊 |
[07:01] | Yes! Now go and hurry up. I know you’re really excited about this. | 行! 快走吧 速度速度 知道你为此兴奋得不行 |
[07:04] | I am. I am so excited. | 没错 我兴奋极了 |
[07:08] | Christina, this could be the beginning of the rest of my life. | Christina 这很可能是 我这辈子生新的开始 |
[07:11] | Welcome to the funeral. | 欢迎参加葬礼 |
[07:13] | The magazine business is dying. dying. | 杂志行业已经日薄西山 快死了 |
[07:18] | does that frigen you? It should. | 你害怕吗? 很正常 |
[07:20] | It scares the hell out of me. | 我也快吓死了 |
[07:22] | So… what do you do? | 那… 你会怎么选择? |
[07:25] | Do you give up or do you toughen up? | 你会放弃还是硬撑? |
[07:30] | When I arrived in new york with my curly hair and this voice, | 当年我带着这把嗓子 顶着这头卷发来到纽约时 |
[07:35] | do you think anyone took me seriously? | 你认为会有人看得起我吗? |
[07:39] | No. They mocked me. | 没有 他们嘲笑我 |
[07:42] | – So from then on… – I love her. | – 所以从那时以后 – 我喜欢她 |
[07:44] | did you eat onions for lunch? | 你午餐吃了洋葱吗? |
[07:46] | do I hear talking? | 我听到的声音是在聊天吗? |
[07:48] | How can that possibly be? I’m talking. | 怎么可能呢? 我正在讲话呢 |
[07:52] | Good. Thank you. | 好 谢谢 |
[07:54] | Now let’s get started. | 我们现在开始吧 |
[07:56] | uh, marc st. James, raise your hand. | 嗯 Marc st. James 请举手 |
[08:00] | Tell me the name and magazine of five of the people in this room. Go. | 告诉我房间里5个人的名字 和他们工作的杂志名称 开始 |
[08:05] | heather jackson, “gourmet,” tom buckley, “sports illustrated,” eric west, “harper’s,” | Heather Jackson <美食家> Tom Buckley <体育画报> Eric West <时尚芭莎> |
[08:10] | uh, evie f-foster, “out” and rita thompson, “rolling stone.” | 嗯 Evie F-foster |
[08:16] | – Excellent. Betty suarez. – Yes. | – 太棒了 Betty Suarez – 在 |
[08:20] | Five people–name and magazine. | 五个人 名字和杂志 |
[08:30] | well, I know marc. He works with me at “mode.” Hi, marc. | 唔 我认识Marc 他和我在<时尚>工作 你好 Marc |
[08:32] | – Who are you? – He’s just kidding. | – 你谁啊? – 他在开玩笑啦 |
[08:35] | Didn’t you meet anyone at the mixer? | 你在联谊会上谁都没有认识? |
[08:37] | Oh, I wasn’t at the mixer. | 噢 我没有参加联谊会 |
[08:39] | I had a family obligation. | 我有个家庭活动要参加 |
[08:41] | And since it was just casual, skipped it. | 而且因为联谊是非正式的 我就没有出席 |
[08:44] | Who else missed the event last night? | 还有谁没去昨晚的活动? |
[08:46] | Anyone else have a family obligation, a sick hamster? | 还有谁有家庭活动 或者宠物仓鼠生病了? |
[08:50] | No? Good. | 没有? 好 |
[08:53] | Because last night wasn’t casual. | 因为昨晚的活动并不是非正式的 |
[08:55] | Last night was an opportunity for you to learn something about your future colleagues, | 昨晚是你了解未来同事的好机会 |
[09:01] | but I guess that wasn’t important to ms.Suarez. | 但我想这对Suarez小姐不重要 |
[09:05] | It is. It’s very important to me. | 重要 对我来说非常重要 |
[09:08] | – Can I change seats? – No. | – 我能换个座位吗? – 不行 |
[09:10] | First assignment– contacts– by this time next week, | 第一个作业 联系人 下星期的这时候 |
[09:13] | I want everyone in here to have 40 new ones. | 你们每人必须有40个新的联系人 |
[09:17] | And family doesn’t count. | 亲戚不算 |
[09:20] | You have to make a lot of tough choices in this business. | 在这一行 你必须作出 许多艰难的抉择 |
[09:25] | If you can’t do that, then don’t plan on coming back. | 如果你不能做到 就无需再来上课了 |
[09:48] | Ugly Betty Season03 Episode11 | |
[09:50] | hold the lift. | 等等我 |
[09:53] | Thanks, betty. | 谢谢 Betty |
[09:58] | You’re doing Y.E.T.I. | 你参加了Y.E.T.I.(青年主编培训计划) |
[10:00] | Huh?Oh, uh, yeah. | 什么? 噢 对啊 |
[10:02] | My friend jodie’s running that this year. | 今年是我的朋友Jodie在负责 |
[10:04] | She’s really terrific. | 她相当了不起 |
[10:06] | Yeah. Yeah, she’s, uh, great. | 是的 她很 嗯 厉害 |
[10:08] | She can be pretty tough, though. | 不过 她可是会极其严苛的 |
[10:11] | Yeah, well… | 对啊 |
[10:14] | she was a little unfair to me… | 她对我有点不公平… |
[10:17] | yesterday, ’cause, you know, I showed up to class completely prepared, | 昨天 我做好了充分准备去上课 |
[10:20] | and then she called me out ’cause I didn’t go to some silly networking thing. | 然后她点了我名 仅因为我没出席那无聊的聚会 |
[10:25] | Well, networking is one of those annoying things, | 聚会确实是一种烦人的活动 |
[10:27] | but if you’re serious about your career, it’s something you have to do. | 但若你想事业有成 那你就必须出席 |
[10:31] | well, I had a family thing, you know? | 但我有个家庭活动 |
[10:33] | I couldn’t disappoint them. | 我不想令家人失望 |
[10:35] | I cannot tell you how many things I’ve had to miss because of my job. | 我已经数不清为工作 而错过了多少家庭活动 |
[10:39] | You just ask molly. | 你可以问Molly |
[10:41] | Yeah, well, it might not matter anyway. | 嗯 问题可能已经不重要了 |
[10:44] | She told me that if I can’t get 40 new contacts by next class, not to come back. | 她说如果认识不到40个新联系人 下星期的课就不用去了 |
[10:49] | All right, betty, you do what I did when I was your age. | 这样 Betty 你学我年轻时所做的 |
[10:52] | You find somebody who’s really good at the superficial stuff and you do what they do. | 找一个很会做台面工作的人 他做什么你就跟着 |
[11:03] | my answer is nuh-oh. | 我的答案是没- 门 |
[11:05] | Oh, marc, come on. Please. I’m so desperate. | 噢 Marc 求求你 我已经山穷水尽了 |
[11:07] | Okaywhy I should do this. | 好吧 给我一个有说服力的理由 |
[11:09] | Um, well, maybe because if I hadn’t stepped aside, you wouldn’t have gotten into Y.E.T.I.To begin with. | 嗯 或者如果我没有让步 你根本不能参加这个培训计划 |
[11:14] | You’re gonna bring up that old chestnut again. | 你又要旧事重提了 |
[11:17] | Fine. You do not get to play this card again. Okay? | 也行 不过你不能再出这张牌 行吗? |
[11:20] | Meet me and amanda after work. We’ll take y to swill. | 下班找我和Amanda 我们带你到Swill酒吧 |
[11:23] | Everyone you need to meet will be there. | 你要认识的人都会去那儿 |
[11:25] | Great. Oh, wait. No, marc, I can’t do that. | 太好了 噢 等等 不行 Marc 我没空 |
[11:28] | – I promised my sister I’d help– – bup, bup, bup, bup, bup.Don’t care. | – 我答应了我姐要帮她… – 停停停停 我不在乎 |
[11:31] | You got me tonight or not at all. | 要么今晚 要么随你 |
[11:38] | hilda, hi. | Hilda 你好 |
[11:39] | Look, I’m so sorry, but I’m not gonna be able to help out tonight. | 太对不起了 我今晚没法帮你忙了 |
[11:44] | Oh, betty, we were supposed to do these gift bags together. | 唉 Betty 我们本该一起做包装袋的 |
[11:46] | I know, and–and we still are, just tomorrow. | 我知道 我们还可以啊 只是要挪到明天 |
[11:49] | See, if I don’t do this Y.E.T.I.Thing tonight, they’re gonna kick me out. | 要知道 如果我今晚不完成任务 我会被淘汰出局的 |
[11:53] | Fine. I get it. We’ldo it tomorrow. Bye. | 好吧 我明白 我们明天再做 再见 |
[11:57] | Bye. | 再见 |
[11:59] | sweetie… if betty had a choice, you know she’d be here. | 亲爱的 如果Betty可以选择的话 你也知道她会回来 |
[12:04] | – Yeah. – Come on. We got work to do. | – 嗯 – 来吧 我们还有活干呢 |
[12:05] | All right. | 好吧 |
[12:09] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[12:12] | – Uh, excuse me a second. Molly. – Daniel. | – 请等一下 Molly |
[12:18] | So did the dress work out? | 那条裙子还可以吧? |
[12:20] | Oh, yeah. It was great. You know, it was very, uh, glamorous. | 噢 当然 非常漂亮 那是条迷人的裙子 |
[12:24] | Actually, I just came to return it, so… | 其实 我正是要还给你 所以… |
[12:28] | all right. Um, awesome. | 好吧 嗯 好极了 |
[12:31] | – you know, I– – daniel, can we– | – 你知道吗 我… – Daniel 我们能… |
[12:34] | – no, you go. – Go ahead. | – 不 你先说 – 你说吧 |
[12:40] | we just–we never… | 我们只是 我们还没有 |
[12:42] | got a chance to talk about what happened, you know, in the closet. | 机会谈谈之前的事 我是说 在衣橱发生的事 |
[12:46] | Yeah. | 是呀 |
[12:49] | I just–I wanted to tell you that– | 我只是– 我想告诉你 |
[12:52] | hey, babe. | 嘿 宝贝 |
[12:55] | Ready for lunch? | 准备好吃午餐了吗? |
[12:57] | Thanks for keeping her company, mate. | 谢谢你陪着她 老弟 |
[12:59] | Bye. | 再见 |
[13:10] | I don’t know what happened. | 我不知道发生了什么 |
[13:11] | You know, I-I’ve been with a million women. | 你知道的 我约会过无数的女人 |
[13:13] | Every time I’m around her, it’s like… | 每一次和她在一起 却仍感到 |
[13:16] | I just act like a stupid teenager. | 自己像个傻傻的中学生 |
[13:19] | Because you care for her. | 那是因为你在乎她 |
[13:20] | God, I’m such an idiot. | 老天 我真是个傻瓜 |
[13:22] | Yes, but y’re also human. | 对 但你也是个普通人啊 |
[13:25] | You know, I-I swear molly was just about to say something important, | 我确信Molly刚准备要告诉我 很重要的事情 |
[13:29] | and, of course, that’s when connor came up and kissed her. | 哦 是了 同时Connor走了过来吻她 |
[13:33] | well, maybe “mode’s” not the place for that conversation. | 可能<时尚>杂志社 不是谈那事儿的好地方 |
[13:37] | Yeah, but what choice do I have? | 可能 但我有其他选择么? |
[13:39] | Well, you’re both coming to my party on friday. | 看 你们俩都会参加 我星期五的派对 |
[13:42] | Knowing connor, he’ll be working the room. | 你知道Connor 他会忙着交际 |
[13:45] | It an opportunity for you to finish your conversation, uninterrupted. | 那可是你不受干扰 进行谈话的好机会 |
[13:56] | Here’s my card. M-maybe we’ll do business someday. | 这是我的名片 或 或者我们 某天会有生意上的交往 |
[13:59] | Uh, “the gorgeous gourmet”– here’s mine. | 嗯 “华丽美食” 很吸引眼球嘛 这是我的名片 |
[14:04] | – All right, talk to you later. – Okay. | – 好吧 回头再聊 – 好的 |
[14:07] | Well? That wasn’t so– | 怎样? 那不是很– |
[14:09] | – terrible. – Horrible. | – 糟糕 – 恐怖 |
[14:10] | Could not have gone worse. | 没有更糟的了 |
[14:12] | you spent 22 minutes and 47 seconds talking to a caterer. | 你花了22分47秒 和一个宴会承办商聊天 |
[14:16] | – A caterer. – A caterer! | – 宴会 – 承包商! |
[14:17] | He was interesting. | 他非常风趣 |
[14:19] | Useless! | 徒劳! |
[14:20] | The point of nworking is to gather information to advance your career. | 扩展人脉的目的是 获取对你事业有用的信息 |
[14:26] | Watch and learn. | 学着点 |
[14:29] | Step one–forge a bond… | 第一步 建立联系 |
[14:31] | your name, where you work and one memorable fact. | 你的名字 工作 和一个令人印象深刻的故事 |
[14:35] | I’m marc st. James. I work for wilhelmina slater. | 我叫Marc st. James 我为Wilhelmina Slater工作 |
[14:38] | I once had a threesome with jon hamm and mia hamm. | 我曾经和Jon Hamm和Mia Hamm 来了次3P |
[14:40] | I called it the night of the hamm sandwich. | 后来我叫它Hamm三明治之夜 |
[14:44] | well, that’s ridiculous. | 那太荒唐了 |
[14:45] | – It’s memorable. – But it’s a lie. | – 但过耳难忘 – 却是个谎话 |
[14:48] | – Or is it? – It is. | – 还是真话? – 是真的 |
[14:51] | step two– gathering information… | 第二步 搜集信息 |
[14:53] | in order to get info, you’re going to have to give info. | 信息是通过交换而来的 |
[14:56] | Do you know why heidi klum never wears open-toed shoes? | 你知道为什么Heidi Klum 从不穿露趾鞋么? |
[14:59] | The trick is to make it sound juicy but really mean nothing. | 窍门是将无聊的事 包装成看似刺激有趣 |
[15:04] | 12 littlpiggies. | 12个脚趾 |
[15:06] | Oh, yeah. It’s disgusting. I’m not even kidding about that. | 对呀 超恶心 我我连说笑都不想提到这事 |
[15:08] | So what were you saying about next month’s cover model? | 对了 你刚说到 谁是下月的封面模特? |
[15:11] | And most importantly, step three–the exit strategy. | 压轴的是第三步 逃脱策略 |
[15:14] | Get in, get info, get out. | 混进去 搜信息 溜出来 |
[15:16] | See, I-I don’t like to be rude. | 我不想表现得无礼 |
[15:19] | I mean, how do you just stop someone in the middle of a conversation without hurting their– | 我是说 你怎能打断别人的话 却不伤害到他们呢– |
[15:24] | Betty, could you just hold on one sec? | Betty 你能停一下吗? |
[15:30] | Okay, I get it. | 噢 好的 我明白了 |
[15:32] | Okay, amanda, I get it. Amanda? | 可以了 Amanda 我明白了 |
[15:35] | She’s not coming back, and neither am I. | 她已经溜号了 而我也正准备闪 |
[15:37] | I’ve given you all I have to give. | 我把知道的都已经告诉你了 |
[15:39] | No, marc, don’t go. I’m not ready. | 不 Marc 别走 我还没准备好 |
[15:41] | Yes, you are. | 是的 你准备好了 |
[15:43] | You’re a mean, not-so-lean, contact-gettin’ machine. | 你是一个卑鄙的 不太苗条的 人脉超人 |
[15:47] | You’re the terminator. | 你是终结者 |
[15:49] | you’re t betty-nator. | 你是杀手贝蒂 |
[15:54] | Go get ’em. | 去把他们搞到手 |
[16:09] | TARGET…. | 目标… |
[16:12] | okay, memorable fact. | 好 大事件 |
[16:14] | I know a murderer. | 我知道一个杀人犯 |
[16:17] | NAME……. | 姓名… |
[16:21] | thank you. Here’s mine. | 谢谢 这是我的 |
[16:28] | give info that sounds juicy but means nothing. | 将无聊的事 包装成看似刺激有趣 |
[16:30] | Oh, we totally hired that writer to go to milan. | 哦 我们曾雇了那个作者去米兰 |
[16:33] | Just fyi, he has a pay-per-view problem. porn. | 跟你说吧 他爱看付费节目的毛病 色情方面的哦 |
[16:38] | NAME….. | 姓名… |
[16:40] | and what designer did you say you’ll be featuring this month? | 你说这个月 要做哪个设计师的特刊来着? |
[16:47] | that is very interesting. | 那很有趣 |
[16:51] | NAME….. | 姓名… |
[16:52] | get info, get out. | 搞定 闪人 |
[16:55] | Actually, could you excuse me just one second? | 那个 你介意我离开一下吗? |
[17:01] | You were very interesting. | 你刚才真的很有意思 |
[17:02] | 37, 38, 39. Shoot. One more. | 37 38 39 好了 还差一个 |
[17:11] | Betty suarez. You are? | Betty Suarez 你是? |
[17:12] | Exhausted. I hate networking. | 精疲力尽 我讨厌人脉扩展 |
[17:15] | Oh, my god. Me, too. I didn’t know it was okay to admit that. | 哦 上帝 我也是 我不知道是否应该承认这点 |
[17:18] | What’s gonna happen, the networking police are gonna come and arrest us? | 那又怎样 管人脉的警察会逮捕咱们吗? |
[17:22] | Yeah, and, like, charge us with “failure to chitchat”? | 并且指控咱们”闲聊失败”? |
[17:26] | I just don’t see how knowing that that guy is into s&m is going to help my career. | 我只是看不出来 知道那个男人 有SM的癖好 对我的事业有啥帮助 |
[17:32] | Especially because that guy isn’t in publishing. He’s a dentist. | 尤其是 那个人不是出版行业的 他是一个牙医 |
[17:39] | I’m teri, and I’m not doing this to network. | 我叫Teri 我干这个的时候 不怎么会给人名片的 |
[17:42] | You just seem really nice. | 不过看起来你人很不错 |
[17:48] | “Elle.” | |
[17:50] | “Mode,” “elle.” Here we go. | “时尚” “ELLE” 真巧啊 |
[17:53] | I suppose we should be using each other to get information. | 我想我们应该交换信息 相互利用一下 |
[17:56] | Yeah. no. | 是啊 不 |
[17:59] | I mean, we could just talk, you know, like, uh, humans. | 我是说 我们可以只聊天 就像 嗯 普通人 |
[18:04] | blue braces. Bold. | 蓝色牙箍 很前卫嘛 |
[18:07] | I like your pink stripe. It’s cool. | 我喜欢你粉色的挑染 很酷 |
[18:09] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[18:11] | I mean, it was 20 minutes. | 我是说 那只不过是20分钟 |
[18:12] | That’s not t long to spend on a caterer, right? | 花在一个宴会筹办商身上并不算长 对吧? |
[18:15] | Hell, no. Plus, gorgeous gourmet totally rocks. | 该死 不 还有 <华丽美食>真的太酷了 |
[18:19] | They’re doing our holiday party this year. | 他们正帮我们做今年的假期派对 |
[18:23] | no. Uh, I’m gonna go clean that up. | 哦 不 我去把它弄干净 |
[18:29] | This isn’t my exit strategy, by the way. | 顺便提一下 我不是要逃跑 |
[18:31] | Didn’t think it was. | 我从没那么想过 |
[18:33] | You know, after all this fake networking, | 你知道 在经历过这些 虚假的人脉扩展之后 |
[18:34] | it’s nice to meet someone in the magazine industry who’s real. | 非常高兴可以认识一个在 杂志行业工作的真正的朋友 |
[18:37] | Yeah. Same here. | 是啊 我也这么想 |
[18:39] | I’ll be back. | 我很快回来 |
[18:54] | hold the presses! | 我要爆料! |
[18:56] | I love your energy, betty, but now is not the time. | 我欣赏你的活力 Betty 但是现在不是时候 |
[18:58] | I just found out “elle” is doing their center spread in the venice canals, just like we were. | 我刚知道”ELLE”把他们的宣传中心选在了 威尼斯河 跟咱们之前计划的一样 |
[19:02] | So back to the drawing board. | 所以我们得重新想办法 |
[19:05] | I know. I heard.But get this– | 我知道 我听说了 但是我却得到了这些 |
[19:07] | “elle” booked jessica stam for their cover shoot. | “ELLE” 请了Jessica Stam 作为他们的封面模特 |
[19:09] | She just broke up with her italian boyfriend and refuses to go to italy, | 她刚刚和她的意大利男朋友分手 所以她拒绝去意大利 |
[19:13] | so they’re moving the whole shoot to paris. | 因此他们把整个拍摄移到了巴黎 |
[19:15] | So venice is back on. Nice work! | 所以我们还可以在威尼斯 干的好! |
[19:17] | You just earned yourself a bottle of wine. | 你刚刚为你自己赢得了一瓶酒 |
[19:20] | I guess I’ll be picking that up for myself? | 我猜我要自己去取 |
[19:21] | Uh, yes, but I will be very generous. | 是的 但是我会非常慷慨的 |
[19:24] | Thank you. You know, this whole networking thing is really paying off for me. | 谢谢 你知道吗 这人脉扩展的事 真的帮了我很大的忙 |
[19:29] | The only way I knew about jessica stam is teri, | 我知道关于Jessica Stam 的事都是通过Teri |
[19:32] | my new business contact who works at “elle.” I met her last night. | 我新认识的联系人 在”ELLE”工作 我昨天晚上遇见她的 |
[19:34] | She gave me the whole inside scoop. | 她给了我所有内部消息 |
[19:36] | Yeah? What did you have to give up for that, hmm? | 是吗 那你为这些消息 付出了些什么 嗯? |
[19:37] | That peter francis is hands-y with the models. | 那个Peter Francis跟他的模特有染 |
[19:40] | – Everybody knows that. – I know. | – 大家都知道 – 我知道 |
[19:42] | Oh, hey, daniel, if it’s not too much trouble, | 哦 Daniel 如果没有太多问题 |
[19:44] | I was wondering if I could just cut out early tonight. | 今晚我可不可以早点走 |
[19:47] | My sister’s got a thing. | 我姐姐那里需要我过去 |
[19:48] | Uh, actually, there is something. | 嗯 实际上 有些事情 |
[19:50] | Uh, I don’t mean to sound neurotic, | 我不希望听起来很神经质 |
[19:51] | but it would be really great if you picked up the halston dress rather than sending a messenger. | 但如果你可以亲自去取一趟Halston礼服 会比派快递去要好很多 |
[19:55] | It’s gonna be ready at 5:00. | 5点可以去拿 |
[19:59] | is that a problem? | 有问题吗? |
[20:01] | No. No problem. | 不 没问题 |
[20:08] | papi, thank you so much for picking up these samples. | 爸爸 非常感谢你能来拿这些试用品 |
[20:12] | Tell hilda I will be there as soon as I can. | 告诉Hilda 我会尽快去的 |
[20:15] | I still don’t understand why you can’t have someone else do this super secret task. | 我还是不明白为什么你不能让别人 来做这件超级绝密的事情呢 |
[20:20] | Because daniel only trusts me to do it, and, dad, I swear, | 因为Daniel只信任我去做 爸爸 我发誓 |
[20:24] | if it wasn’t important, I wouldn’t be doing it. | 如果这件事不重要 我不会去做的 |
[20:27] | Well, your sister was counting on you. | 好吧 你姐姐还指望你呢 |
[20:28] | You know, the local paper’s coming to do a feature on her. | 当地报纸要来给她一个专题 |
[20:31] | she’s a nervous wreck. | 她是一个神经过敏的人 |
[20:32] | Oh, she’s gonna be so great. She’s so good with people. | 哦 她会表现的很好 她很善于和人们打交道 |
[20:36] | Hey, listen. I could always come around early and help, if you–if you want. | 嗨 我可以随时提早来帮忙 如果你- 如果你需要 |
[20:39] | Christina will come and help. Perfect. | Christina 会来帮忙 太好了 |
[20:41] | Betty, are you getting how much this relaunch party means to hilda? | Betty 你明白这次重启派对 对Hilda有多重要吗? |
[20:44] | She’s putting everything into it. | 她把她的所有都投入进去了 |
[20:46] | Dad, I get it, and I give you my word. I will be there. | 爸爸 我明白 你相信我 我一定会去的 |
[20:50] | Now I really have to get going. | 现在 我必须要走了 |
[20:52] | Christina’s gonna help you finish in here, and I will see you soon. | Christina 会帮你搞定这里 我会很快见到你 |
[20:56] | – Okay. – Yeah. | – 好啦 – 好的 |
[21:05] | Perfect. Thank you. | 很好 谢谢 |
[21:07] | Oh,done. | 没问题 |
[21:09] | I can’t even imagine what this place is gonna look like tonight– | 我简直不能想象这个地方 今晚将会变成什么样子 |
[21:12] | the food,the drinks,the new york media elite. | 食物 饮品 纽约媒体精英 |
[21:17] | is it as magical as it sounds? | 是不是像听起来一样不可思议? |
[21:19] | Yes,yes,yes. | 是啊 是啊 是啊 |
[21:20] | Now the whole idea is to give daniel and molly some time alone, | 现在最主要的就是要给Daniel 和Molly一些时间单独相处 |
[21:25] | so first,I’ll pull connor aside to meet arianna huffington. | 所以首先 我会把Connor拽到一边 去见Arianna Huffington |
[21:28] | Oh,I’ve always wanted to meet her. | 哦 我一直想见见她 |
[21:31] | Well,stop hinting,marc. | 别幻想了 Marc |
[21:32] | You’re not invited. | 你没有被邀请在内 |
[21:34] | Now while connor is occupied with arianna, | 当Conner忙着跟Arianna谈话时 |
[21:37] | daniel will swoop in, take molly into the bedroom so they can talk. | Daniel会突然出现 并带Molly去卧室 然后他们就可以谈谈 |
[21:41] | Juicy couture. | 好想法 |
[21:42] | And then you walk in with connor and see daniel on top of molly. | 然后你会带着Conner进去 看到Daniel在Molly的上边 |
[21:45] | No,no,no. Marc,I told you. | 不不不 Marc 我告诉过你 |
[21:47] | This is not a plan. | 这不是计划 |
[21:48] | Okay,I am just not getting this. | 好的 我只是没有太明白这件事 |
[21:50] | I-I-I–maybe I need to be here to seit. | 我- 我- 我也许 我需要在这里看着他们 |
[21:55] | Maybe not. | 我认为不需要 |
[22:00] | Oh,I tell you,hilda,this is a great setup you’ve got going here. | 我跟你说 Hilda 你把这里布置的相当棒 |
[22:05] | You know,you can shop,you can get your hair cut. | 你看 你可以购物 你还可以剪头发 |
[22:07] | Throw in a food court,I would never leave. | 冲进大排档里 我永远不会出来 |
[22:10] | no,but,listen,you mu be really proud of yourself,though. | 不 但是 你看 你必须为你自己感到骄傲 |
[22:14] | I am. I am. | 我是 |
[22:16] | I’ve screwed up a lot,and I finally feel like I’m getting my act together. | 我是 我曾经搞砸了很多事 但我终于觉得我能掌控我自己了 |
[22:20] | this is the biggest thing I’ve ever done. | 这是我这辈子做过的最大的一件事 |
[22:23] | Not that my sister’s noticed. | 但是我妹妹未曾注意到 |
[22:24] | Oh,no. | 哦 不对 |
[22:25] | I think she has. | 我认为她注意到了 |
[22:26] | She’s just been really busy lately. | 她只是最近非常忙 |
[22:28] | Yeah,well,you can’t live your whole life for work. | 是啊 可你总不能把整个生活 都奉献给工作吧 |
[22:31] | I’m reopening my salon tonight. | 我的沙龙今晚重新开张 |
[22:33] | I still got to justin’s school this morning to help with the bake sale. | 我今早还要去Justin的学校 帮着卖烤面包 |
[22:36] | It’s about balance. | 这是一个互相体谅的问题 |
[22:37] | Yeah,well,balance is something you learn when you have to. | 是啊 必要的时候你自然就学会互相体谅了 |
[22:40] | Anyway,betty’s in a different place right now. | 无论如何 Betty现在不在这里 |
[22:43] | Yeah,I guess. | 我明白 |
[22:45] | But we used to be so close,and now she’s living in the city. | 但我们以前是很亲密的 可现在她住在大城市里了 |
[22:48] | She’s got this whole other life,you know? | 她已经有了属于她自己的生活 |
[22:51] | Sometimes I just– I want my little sister back. | 有时候我只是– 我想要 我那个妹妹能回到我身边 |
[22:55] | Yeah,I know. | 我明白 |
[22:59] | christina. | |
[23:00] | Okay. | 好的 |
[23:00] | Oh,god. | 哦 天啊 |
[23:02] | how do you know when you’re in labor? | 当你分娩的时候你是怎么知道的? |
[23:04] | if you have to ask,you’re not in labor. | 如果你一定要问 你还没到分娩的时候 |
[23:07] | right. Okay. | 对 好的 |
[23:16] | excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[23:17] | *** | 嘘 |
[23:23] | Yes? Yes? | 什么事? |
[23:24] | Um,I’m from “mode” magazine. | 我是<时尚>杂志的 |
[23:27] | I’m here to pick up a halston dress from his,um,uh,fireworks collection. | 我来取一件Halston的烟火系列礼服 |
[23:33] | Yes,yes. | 是的 是的 |
[23:34] | Someone from your magazine already came and got it. | 你杂志社已经有个人来拿走了 |
[23:37] | What? | 什么? |
[23:39] | Who? | 谁? |
[23:41] | Betty suarez. | |
[23:42] | Oh,no. no. Um,I’m betty suarez. | 噢 不可能 我才是Betty Suarez |
[23:46] | No,no. | 才不是 才不是 |
[23:47] | She left a card. | 她还留了名片 |
[23:53] | And she had a rather…horrible pink stripe in her hair. | 而且她头上还有条… 恐怖的粉红色挑染 |
[23:59] | teri. | |
[24:05] | betty,you’re fired. | Betty 你被炒鱿鱼了 |
[24:07] | You’re not fired. Don’t worry. | 你没被炒鱿鱼 没事的 |
[24:08] | Don’t worry? | 没事的? |
[24:09] | Because of betty,we almost lost keira knightley and 30 pages of ad revenue. | 因为Betty 我们差点就没了 Keira Knightley 还有30页的广告 |
[24:15] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[24:16] | I am so sorry. | 我真的很对不起 |
[24:18] | At the club,I got up to use the bathroom, | 在酒吧的时候 我去了趟洗手间… |
[24:20] | and teri must have taken the information from my blackberry. | Teri一定是在那时候 从我黑莓手机看到的信息 |
[24:24] | I thought that… | 我以为… |
[24:25] | she was a friend. | 还能跟她做上朋友 |
[24:27] | friendship is the oldest trick in the book. | 做朋友是这行最经典的技俩 |
[24:29] | Okay,let’s not panic yet. | 好了 都先别慌 |
[24:30] | “Elle” may be rivals of ours,but they’re also business people. | |
[24:33] | We can make this work,right? | 我们能解决的 对吧? |
[24:37] | Marc,set up the call. | Marc 准备打电话 |
[24:42] | Hello. | 你好 |
[24:43] | Joe zee,robbie,nice to see you both. | 真高兴见到你们两个啊 |
[24:46] | Thanks for taking our call. | 谢谢你肯接我们电话 |
[24:47] | Anything for you,daniel. | 看在你的面子上啊 Daniel |
[24:48] | Robbie,I love the new do. | Robbie 我真喜欢你的新发型 |
[24:50] | All that height really makes a statement. | 头发弄这么高还真是回事 |
[24:53] | Thanks,willie. | 谢谢你 Willie |
[24:54] | Those earrings really make your face look small. | 那对耳环真的让你的脸小了不少 |
[24:57] | Okay,so,uh,listen,guys. | 好了 是这样的 |
[24:59] | We have reason to believe that one of your assistants… | 我们有理由相信你们的一个助手… |
[25:01] | teri o’shoughnessy… | |
[25:03] | may have taken a certain halston dress we have on hold. | 可能取走了我们的 一件Halston连衣裙 |
[25:07] | I don’t know what they’re talking about. | 我不知道他们在胡说八道什么 |
[25:08] | That’s her. | 就是她! |
[25:09] | You’re lying,teri,and you know it. | 你这大骗子 Teri 你什么都知道的! |
[25:10] | Oh,yeah? | 噢 是吗? |
[25:11] | Prove it,brace face! | 证明给我看啊 大脸怪! |
[25:13] | Your pink stripe is stupid. | 你的粉色挑染真恶心! |
[25:15] | okay. Enough. Enough. | 好了 �蛄� �蛄� |
[25:17] | Listen,t’s cut the bull. | 好了 我们就不废话了 |
[25:20] | We all know you have the dress. | 我们都知道你拿了那套衣服 |
[25:22] | You’re holding it hostage and trying to ruin our cover. | 你想扣住它 让我们没法拍封面 |
[25:25] | That’s right. | 那就是了 |
[25:26] | We heard you g keira knightley for the cover. | 我们听说 你们请了 Keira Knightley来拍封面 |
[25:29] | I hope this missing dress isn’t gonna be a big problem for you. | 但愿没了这套裙子 不会对你们造成什么麻烦吧 |
[25:32] | Nice talking to you. | 很高兴能跟你聊上几句 |
[25:35] | Consider yourselves disinvited from my cocktail party. | 小心我撤回你们的 今晚鸡尾酒派对邀请 |
[25:38] | Yeah,they weren’t coming anyway. | 尽管撤吧 反正他们没也没想去 |
[25:40] | We’re having our own party tonight. | 我们今晚自己也有派对 |
[25:42] | Betty,call me. | Betty 多多联系哦 |
[25:47] | I could murder someone right now. | 我现在真想杀人 |
[25:50] | Come on. It was a mistake. | 得了 不过是个失误 |
[25:52] | People who make mistakes like that don’t belong in this business. | 失这种手的人不应该呆在这行 |
[25:57] | Marc! | |
[26:02] | daniel,I feel terrible. | Daniel 我好难受 |
[26:04] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[26:06] | This is my fault. | 都是我的错 |
[26:08] | If it’s anyone’s fault,it was mine. | 谁都没错 是我的错 |
[26:10] | I just should have had an editor handle it. | 我应该让个编辑来做这件事的 |
[26:13] | No. | 我不是这意思 |
[26:15] | Look,I could fix this. | 我能处理好的 |
[26:16] | I could,uh,I’ll call the collector,see if he has another gown, | 我可以… 我打个电话给那收藏家 看他还有没另外一套晚装 |
[26:19] | d I’ll call keira’s publicist. | 然后我找Keira的经纪人… |
[26:21] | – Betty– – I’m sure if we got another dress,then she– | – 我敢保证如果有另外的衣服 那她… |
[26:22] | betty,come on. Go home. | Betty 别这样 回家吧 |
[26:24] | I got it from here,okay? | 剩下的让我来处理 好不? |
[26:42] | thank you so much for interviewing me. | 真谢谢你来采访我 |
[26:43] | I’ve never been in a newspaper before. | 我从来都没上过报纸 |
[26:45] | Yeah,well,’re gonna need about 40 copies and photo approval,if possible. | 对 我们要40份 而且还要 参与相片筛选 如果可以的话 |
[26:49] | I’m the surrogate,so I’m not gonna be naming it. | 我只是个代孕的 才轮不到我给他取名 |
[26:51] | That’s weird. | 那就怪了 |
[26:52] | What does the father have to say? | 那那爸爸怎么说? |
[26:53] | Not a lot. | 没说什么 |
[26:54] | He died before the baby was conceived. | 我怀孕之前他就死了 |
[26:57] | What? | 什么? |
[27:00] | poor christina’s going through prthe egnancy story again. | 可怜的Christina 又要再讲一次她怀孕之路了 |
[27:03] | Maybe you could go out there,run interference. | 或者你可以去那帮她解解围 |
[27:05] | No. I’m not really in a party kind of mood. | 不要 我真的没什么心情 |
[27:08] | Are you still stewing about that dress,mija? | 亲爱的 你还是在想那衣服的事? |
[27:11] | You can deal with it on monday. | 星期一的时候大把时间给你想 |
[27:12] | Let it go. | 算了吧 |
[27:13] | Let it go? | 算了吧? |
[27:14] | Dad,because of me,”mode” lost business today. | 爸 就因为我 <时尚>今天丢掉了大笔生意 |
[27:18] | You didn’t see the look on daniel’s face. | 你都没看到Daniel表情 |
[27:20] | It’s like he’s losing faith in me. | 就像他都不再信任我了一样 |
[27:23] | I just can’t believe that I letthat teri use me like that. | 真不敢相信我就这样给Teri利用了 |
[27:27] | In fact,where’s her stupid business card? | 话说回来 她那恶心的名片在哪来着? |
[27:30] | I can’t stand that it’s anywhere near my organ donor card. | 真受不了把它跟我的 器官捐献卡放在一起 |
[27:33] | Mom wants to know where the cheese cubes are | 老妈在找芝士块 |
[27:34] | and crazy fingernail lady wants to know if we can spike her cider with rum. | 还有那指甲涂得很恐怖的女人想知道 我们能否在她的苹果酒里加朗姆酒 |
[27:38] | Here. | 给 |
[27:39] | Take this. | 拿去 |
[27:39] | I’ll talk to crazy fingernail lady. | 我会那跟那指甲涂得很恐怖的女人说的 |
[27:44] | There you are,you big jerk,teri. | 找到你了 混账Teri |
[27:56] | Oh,thank you so much,marc. | 噢 谢谢你 Marc |
[27:57] | I’ll see you there. | 我们那儿见 |
[28:00] | Betty,my client is dying to meet you. | Betty 我一个客户超想见见你 |
[28:03] | Where are you going? | 你这是要去哪? |
[28:04] | I’m so sorry,hilda,but I have to go. | 对不起 Hilda 我要走了 |
[28:05] | Betty,the party has hardly even started. | Betty 这派对才刚刚开始! |
[28:07] | I know,but I think I found a way I can get that halston dress back from “elle.” | 我知道 不过我想到了 怎么把 Halson的裙子从 |
[28:12] | It’s a long shot,but I’m gonna try. | 是有点麻烦 不过我还是要试下 |
[28:14] | You know what would be nice? | 你知道我想怎样么? |
[28:15] | If you were excited about something i was doing for a change. | 如果你会为我为了改变而做的努力 高兴一下 |
[28:18] | Oh,I am. I am. | 噢 我有 我有 |
[28:20] | I-I just– I just have to do this really quick. | 我… 我只是要赶快把这件事结了 |
[28:22] | I’ll be right back. | 我很快回来 |
[28:23] | You know what,betty? Don’t bother. | 这样吧 Betty 不用麻烦了 |
[28:26] | Hilda. | |
[28:30] | Papi,can you talk to her,please? | 爸 你能跟她谈谈不? |
[28:32] | She’s being ridiculous. | 她真的是太过分了 |
[28:33] | No,she’s not. | 不 她没有 |
[28:34] | You are. | 过分的是你 |
[28:36] | What? | 什么? |
[28:36] | Do you have any idea how hard hilda worked to get all this ready,by herself,I might add? | 你有想过Hilda准备这些有多辛苦不? 或者说我还要加上句”她自己一个” |
[28:41] | That is not fair. | 这不公平 |
[28:43] | Papi,this is my career. | 爸 这关乎我的事业 |
[28:45] | I am working hard to try and move up. | 我也努力去试去往上爬 |
[28:47] | And if that means that I’m gna miss a family party every now | 如果说为这我要放弃家庭聚会 |
[28:51] | and then, well,then I don’t have a choice. | 那我也是没得选 |
[28:53] | I have to do this. | 我一定要这么做 |
[28:54] | You do have a choice. | 你是有得选的 |
[28:55] | You’re choosing to leave. | 你选了走人 |
[28:56] | Dad. | 爸 |
[28:57] | No,no. No one supports you more than your famil we are always behind you 100%. | 别 别 没人会比你家人更支持你 我们百分百在你背后支持你 |
[29:02] | But right now hilda needs you. | 可是现在Hilda需要你了 |
[29:07] | Papi,I am sorry that you don’t understand this,but I have to go. | 爸 对不起你没法理解我 可我还是得走 |
[29:28] | connor,molly,so glad you made it. | Connor Molly 真高兴你们来了 |
[29:32] | Your place is amazing. | 你家真的好漂亮啊 |
[29:33] | What a great view of the city. | 可以看到城市的美景 |
[29:35] | Oh,thanks. | 噢 谢谢 |
[29:36] | Well,I love looking down at the little people gng about their little lives. | 我喜欢俯视 看那些平凡人的平凡生活 |
[29:41] | um,molly,dear,do you mind if I steal connor away? | Molly 你介意 我劫走你Connor一下下不? |
[29:44] | There’s someone he has to meet. | 有个人他得去见一见 |
[29:57] | Nice dress. | 这衣服很好看 |
[29:59] | Thanks. It’s no carlos miele,but it does the trick. | 谢谢 虽然不是Carlos Miele的 不过还是能糊弄人 |
[30:03] | I can’t get over how beautiful this is. | 我没法忘记这有多漂亮 |
[30:05] | It’s breathtaking. | 真让人窒息 |
[30:07] | Um,could… | 嗯… 是不是… |
[30:10] | I-I’d like to ask you something. | 可以让我问你件事? |
[30:12] | Do you mind if we just go somewhere a little more private to talk? | 介意去个隐蔽一点的地方谈不? |
[30:18] | Okay. | 好啊 |
[30:23] | Ryan,thanks again for helping us get in. | Ryan 真的谢谢你带我们进来 |
[30:26] | Oh,no problem. | 噢 没事 |
[30:26] | You talked to me for,like,20 minutes at that bar. | 你在那酒吧跟我聊了应该也有20分钟吧 |
[30:29] | Nobody ever talks to the caterer. | 都没人想跟宴会承办商聊天 |
[30:30] | Well,you were very interesting. | 嗯 你是个很有趣的人 |
[30:31] | Tick-tock,betty. That dress ain’t gonna walk itself out. | 快点 Betty 那条裙子可不会自己走出来 |
[30:33] | – Thank you. – Yeah. Good luck. | – 谢谢你 – 嗯 祝你好运 |
[30:39] | Okay. I have been trying to figure out the best way to say this, | 好吧 我尝试用最适合的词语来表述 |
[30:42] | buT. there doesn’t seem to be one. | 但是 却找不到 |
[30:49] | I haven’t been able to get you out of my mind since we met. | 自从我们认识的那一天起 我心里就不停地想着你 Daniel 我– |
[30:56] | please. J-just let me finish. | 请你 让- 让我说完 |
[30:59] | I know I shouldn’t do this. | 我知道我不应该这么做 |
[31:01] | I know it’s–it’s bad and terrible and wrong, | 我知道这– 这是 很不对 很可怕 错误的事 |
[31:04] | and I’m jeopardizing a friendship and a business relationship. | 这种行为会危害到一段友情 和商业关系 |
[31:08] | I mean,you… | 我是说 你… |
[31:10] | can’t believe how many times I’ve tried to talk myself out of this. | 肯定不相信有多少次 我试着说服自己不要这么做 |
[31:15] | But I can’t change the way I feel. | 但是我不能改变我的感觉 |
[31:17] | Daniel… | |
[31:19] | I’m engaged. | 我订婚了 |
[31:21] | – I– – connor and I have been together for almost four years. | Connor和我在一起差不多4年了 |
[31:24] | He has been through so much with me. | 他陪伴我经历了很多事情 |
[31:26] | You have no idea how much. | 你想象不到究竟有多少 |
[31:29] | I don’t want to hurt him. | 我不想伤害他 |
[31:31] | Neither do I. | 我也不想 |
[31:33] | Molly… | |
[31:36] | if you can honestly tell me you don’t have feelings for me, | 要是你能诚实地告诉我 你对我没有感觉 |
[31:40] | I’ll let you walk out that door,get on with your life. | 我会让你走开 继续你的生活 |
[31:43] | I’ll never say another word about this again. | 永远不再提起这件事 |
[31:46] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[31:59] | So I lean across to her and I whisper… | 所以我靠在她身边低声说… |
[32:01] | “no,that’s al pacino.” | “不 那是Al Pacino(奥斯卡影帝)” |
[32:03] | she says,”I didn’t order a cappuccino.” | 她说”我没说要点卡普奇诺” |
[32:06] | oh,zac. | 噢 Zac |
[32:08] | It’s that accent. | 都是他的口音惹的祸 |
[32:09] | I mean,who can understand a word he says? | 我是说 谁能听懂他说的话呢? |
[32:11] | Who cares what he sounds like? | 谁在乎他怎么说话? |
[32:12] | Look at the way he looks. | 看看他的样子 |
[32:15] | So,uh,how long have you been dating? | 那么 嗯 你们俩约会多久了? |
[32:17] | Oh,no,no. No. | 噢 不 不 不 |
[32:18] | No,we’re not. We’re–we’re not dating. | 不 我们没有 我们– 我们没有约会 |
[32:20] | I’m sorry. It’s just–you make the most divine couple. | 我很抱歉 只是– 你们是最相称的一对了 |
[32:25] | Excuse me. | 失陪一下 |
[32:32] | For the record,I-I was extremely flattered by that. | 告诉你 他那么说 我- 我感觉非常荣幸 |
[32:35] | any man in his right mind would be proud to be with you. | 任何一个男人都会为 能和你一起感到骄傲的 |
[32:38] | Well,we would make quite the power couple. | 嗯 我们一起会是很有权势的一对 |
[32:42] | Well,we definitely ge where each other’s coming from. | 嗯 我们肯定都知道对方在想什么 |
[32:44] | That can be hard to find. | 那样子很难得 |
[32:48] | Connor,I,um,I-I have to admit,ever since we had our business trip, | Connor 我 嗯 我- 我必须得承认 自从那趟公差之后 |
[32:54] | I find it hard to be around you. | 我觉得和你待一起有点不自在 |
[32:57] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[32:58] | I’m not feeling too well. | 我感觉有点不舒服 |
[32:59] | Do you mind if we leave? | 要是你不介意 我们能先走吗? |
[33:02] | No,not at all. | 不 没关系 |
[33:05] | thank you for the party. | 谢谢你的邀请 |
[33:06] | Itasit w lovely. | 派对很不错 |
[33:07] | Oh,yes. | 噢 对的 |
[33:08] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[33:25] | have you found it yet? | 你找到了吗? |
[33:26] | Oh,wait. Here. I founghe lits. | 噢 等一下 这里 我找到电灯开关了 |
[33:28] | Yay! | 太好了! |
[33:30] | there it is. | 就在这里 |
[33:32] | Exactly where I said it would be. | 跟我说的一模一样 |
[33:34] | Oh,thank you so much,marc,for helping me. | 噢 太谢谢你了 Marc 谢谢你帮助我 |
[33:36] | I’m not doing this for you. | 我这么做不是为了你 |
[33:38] | I’m doing this to get a better chrtmas present from wilhelmina. | 而是为了圣诞节的时候 Wilhelmina能给我份更好的礼物 |
[33:40] | That’s the spirit. | 就是这种精神 |
[33:41] | oh,my god! | 噢 我的天! |
[33:43] | They still do the ugly wall! | 他们还在做这个丑人墙! |
[33:46] | this was totally my idea. | 这完全是我的主意 |
[33:47] | Every day we would put up pictures of coworkers we hated and then make fun of them. | 每一天我们都贴上讨厌的同事的照片 然后嘲笑他们 |
[33:51] | Oh,good times. | 噢 多美好的时光 |
[33:55] | Hey,hurry up,slowpoke rodriguez. | 嘿 赶快 Slowpoke Rodriguez (墨西哥卡通中动作最缓慢的小老鼠) |
[33:56] | I don’t want to be here all night. | 我可不想整晚都待在这里 |
[33:58] | Yeah,well,these vintage snaps are very sensitive, | 嗯 这些老揿扣很脆弱的 |
[34:00] | and I don’t want to tear the dress. | 我不想把这裙子给毁了 |
[34:22] | excuse us. Pardon us. Excuse us. | 让一下 抱歉 让一下 |
[34:23] | Out of the way. Sorry. | 别挡道 抱歉 |
[34:25] | Excuse us. Pardon us. | 让一下 抱歉 |
[34:26] | We just have to get her to a taxi. | 我们只是得带她去坐的士 |
[34:27] | She is really drunk. Excuse us. | 她喝得太醉了 让一下 |
[34:29] | – No,no,no. This way. The elevators are this way. – Yes,no,this way. | – 不 不 不 这边 电梯在这边 – 对 不 这边 电– |
[34:32] | what the hell are you doing? | 你们到底在做什么? |
[34:36] | we’re taking our dress back. | 我们来拿回我们的裙子 |
[34:38] | Marc,run. | Marc 跑 |
[34:40] | You’re not going anywhere. | 你们哪里都去不了 |
[34:41] | Get out of here. | 离开这里 |
[34:44] | hold the elevator! | 按住电梯! |
[34:54] | Hey,teri! | 嘿 Teri! |
[34:55] | Call me. | 多联系! |
[35:05] | thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[35:08] | I take it your conversation with molly didn’t go very well. | 我想你和Molly谈得不太顺利吧 |
[35:14] | I guess we both lost out tonight,huh? | 我猜我们今晚都输了 对吧? |
[35:16] | I beg your pardon? | 你说什么? |
[35:17] | Come on. | 别这样 |
[35:19] | I’m not stupid. | 我不是傻瓜 |
[35:20] | I know you’re interested in connor. | 我知道你对Connor有兴趣 |
[35:23] | well,what would make you think that? | 嗯 你怎么会那么想呢? |
[35:25] | Well… | 嗯… |
[35:26] | once I realized you didn’t have a business motive for helping me, | 我意识到你没有商业理由来帮助我 |
[35:29] | I figured you must have a personal one. | 我就想那一定是私人原因 |
[35:32] | And I’ve seen the way you look at him. | 而且我知道你看着他的样子 |
[35:35] | well,that’s just– | 嗯 那只是– |
[35:36] | relax. | 放松点 |
[35:38] | I’m not gonna hold the fact that you’re human against you. | 我不会利用你有人性 这一点来攻击你的 |
[35:42] | your secret’s safe with me. | 你的秘密我不会说出去的 |
[35:57] | well,well,well. | 好吧 好吧 好吧 |
[36:00] | I can’t say I’m not intrigued. | 我无法掩饰我的好奇心 |
[36:03] | I guess the three of you may come in. | 我想你们三个可以进来 |
[36:14] | We’re in. | 我们进来了 |
[36:17] | Pinch me. | 捏我 |
[36:18] | Don’t touch me. | 别碰我 |
[36:22] | You guys are unbelievable. | 你们实在太令人难以置信了 |
[36:24] | It was nothing. | 这没什么 |
[36:25] | Well,it wasn’t nothing. | 嗯 这可不是小事 |
[36:27] | Well,either way,you two should stay,enjoy yourselves. | 嗯 无论如何 你们俩应该留下来 好好享受一下 |
[36:30] | You deserve it. | 你们应得的 |
[36:35] | oh,my god. | 噢 我的天 |
[36:38] | This is a defining moment. | 这是一个历史性的时刻 |
[36:39] | I’m the first assistant who’s ever been invited to a wilhelmina slater party. | 我是第一个被邀请到 Wilhelmina Slater派对的助理 |
[36:42] | Well,I’m here,too. | 嗯 我也在这里呀 |
[36:44] | Not when I tell the story. | 等我讲给别人听的时候 就没你了 |
[36:49] | Doors are really opening for us,aren’t they? | 门都为我们而开了 对吧? |
[36:51] | It’s all starting. | 一切都开始了 |
[36:55] | oh,my god. There’s tom wolfe and zac posen. | 噢 我的天 那是Tom Wolfe和Zac Posen |
[37:00] | And… | 还有… |
[37:00] | jodie papadakis. | |
[37:22] | this is the first time I’ve ever seen an assistant at a wilhelmina slater function. | 这是我第一次看到一个助理 出现在Wilhelmina Slater活动中 |
[37:26] | Well,you know,just,uh,networking. | 嗯 你知道的 就是 扩展人脉嘛 |
[37:30] | I have all 40 of my new contacts,by the way. | 顺便说一句 我已经有了40个新的联系人 |
[37:33] | Do you? | 你有了吗? |
[37:35] | Tell me– and this is important– have you tried the shrimp yet? | 告诉我– 这很重要 你尝过虾了吗? |
[37:40] | No. | 还没有 |
[37:41] | They’re very spicy. | 他们很辣喔 |
[37:44] | spicy! | 很辣! |
[37:46] | I can’t figure out if I like them or not. | 我搞不清我到底喜不喜欢 |
[37:48] | I think I do. | 我想我应该是喜欢的 |
[37:51] | Jodie,can I ask you a question? | Jodie 我能问你一个问题吗? |
[37:54] | I have been a fan of yours for a very long time now,and… | 我已经做了你的粉丝很久了 嗯… |
[37:59] | well,I was wondering if you would ever consider being my mentor? | 嗯 我在想你能不能 考虑一下做我的导师呢? |
[38:05] | Let’s start with me not kicking you out of Y.E.T.I… | 那就从我不用把你 从T.E.T.I踢出去开始吧 |
[38:11] | and we’ll take it from there. | 我们就从那开始吧 |
[38:20] | Betty suarez,”mode” magazine. | Betty Suarez <时尚>杂志 |
[38:22] | oh,I’m a very big fan of your publication. | 噢 我可是你出版集团的粉丝 |
[38:34] | hello? | 有人吗? |
[38:37] | Justin? | |
[38:39] | Papi? | 爸爸? |
[39:00] | hilda,where are you? | Hilda 你们在哪里? |
[39:01] | What happened? | 发生什么事了? |
[39:03] | We’re at the hospital. | 我们在医院 |
[39:05] | What? | 什么? |
[39:06] | Oh,my god! Did christina go into labor? | 噢 我的天! 是不是Christina要生了? |
[39:09] | no. | 不 |
[39:10] | Betty… | |
[39:13] | papi had a heart attack. | 爸爸心脏病发了 |
[39:16] | What? | 什么 |
[39:44] | molly? | |
[39:51] | You were right. | 你是对的 |
[39:54] | I can’t say don’t ve feelings for you. | 我不能说我对你没有感觉 |
[40:05] | I broke up with connor. | 我和Connor分手了 |
[41:38] | Ugly Betty Season 03 Episode 11 |