时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Previously on “ugly betty”… | |
[00:02] | connor ran off with all the money. | Connor把所有钱都卷走了 |
[00:04] | as of noon today,all of the meade accounts have been totally cleared out. | 今天中午 Meade所有的帐户 都被完全清空了 |
[00:07] | We clean up our own mess. | 我们把我们自己的烂摊子收拾好 |
[00:08] | I’m gonna start liquidating my persol assets– everything I’ve got. | 我要开始清算我的私人资产 我所有的一切 |
[00:11] | I’ll contribute as much as I can. | 我会尽我所能作出贡献的 |
[00:13] | Which fabulousfa shion world editor has begun to sell off her clothes willy-nilly? | 时尚界美女主编近日为钱所困 被逼卖掉她的衣服? |
[00:20] | I have a son now,d anit’s his company,too. | 我现在有了儿子 这公司也有属于他的一部分 |
[00:22] | I have to be careful,though,sometimes– remind myself that I am not his mother. | 我有时也必须小心 要提醒自己 我不是他的母亲 |
[00:26] | A bus,really,daniel? | 公共汽车 有没搞错啊 Daniel? |
[00:28] | This is the lowest moment of my life. | 这简直是我人生的最低潮 |
[00:30] | For god sake,hold onto the pole! | 看在上帝份上 抓好扶手! |
[00:32] | No way.I don’t know who touched that thing. | 没门 我可不知道有谁碰过那东西 |
[00:33] | My family is,sort of,really wealthy. | 呃 我… 我家里… 其实有点小钱 |
[00:36] | I just feel like I don’t know that much about you. | 我知道 只是我觉得 我好像根本就不了解你 |
[00:38] | well,here’s something else you might not know– I’m kinda really into you. | 好吧 那还有件事你不知道 我真的喜欢上你了 |
[01:27] | for the record,I’ve decided the limo treatment doesn’t suck. | 我得说 豪华轿车的待遇还真不错 |
[01:31] | Noted.Also for the record,I’m not really a limo kind of guy. | 记住了 我也说下 我不是常坐豪华轿车的人 |
[01:34] | I just thought it might be fun,since it’s,you know,tuesday. | 我只是觉得这会蛮好玩的 因为今天是… 对吧 星期二 |
[01:37] | Tuesday–now officially known as “limo day. | 星期二… 现在被正式定为 “豪华轿车日” |
[01:40] | ” seriously,matt,stop pampering me.It makes me feel guilty. | 说真的 Matt 别再宠我了 那让我很心虚 |
[01:43] | Damn. | 该死 |
[01:43] | There goes hot air balloon wednesday. | 星期三还有热气球呢 |
[01:46] | sounds good,doesn’t it? | 听起来不错 对吧? |
[01:48] | Seriously,I can make that happen. | 说真的 我可以办到 |
[01:49] | I know,I believe you,but it just– it all feels like a little much, | 我知道 我相信你 但只是… 这一切都感觉有点过 |
[01:54] | – you know,with the cutbacks at work and– I know,I know. | – 对吧 现在经济不景气 还有… – 我知道 我知道 |
[01:56] | But for you,hot air balloon wednesday,submarine thursday… | 但为了你 周三的热气球 周四的潜水艇… |
[02:01] | as long as it makes you happy,just name it. | 只要能让你开心 你尽管说出来 |
[02:03] | Anything. | 什么事都行 |
[02:04] | Well,I don’t think you can make me any more happy,but I’m gonna go out on a limb | 我觉得你已经让我很开心了 但我要冒死说句不同的 |
[02:08] | and say that things at work are gonna get better. | 就是希望工作上的事可以更好些 |
[02:10] | – Really? -Yeah. | – 真的吗? – 对 |
[02:11] | It’s sort of my grand unified theory of happiness. | 这就是我对快乐的标准定义 |
[02:13] | With us so good,how could work be bad? | 我们这么好 工作怎么会差呢? |
[02:21] | Coming through. | 借过 |
[02:22] | Excuse me.Sorry.Just trying to get out. | 不好意思 抱歉 我先出来哈 |
[02:24] | hey,watch it! | 嘿 看着点! |
[02:29] | – excuse– sorry. | – 借过 – 怎么回事? |
[02:30] | What is going on? | 嘿! 这是我的 |
[02:34] | That’s mine.”mode” magazine,please hold.”Mode” magazine,hold. | <时尚>杂志 请稍等 <时尚>杂志 稍等 |
[02:37] | no,he’s not available.Please hold. | 不 他没空 请稍等 |
[02:39] | – Amanda. – Hey,you cannot just take that!That is “mode” property. | – 嘿 那个不能拿走! 那是<时尚>的东西 |
[02:43] | Breathe,mandy. | 深呼吸 Mandy |
[02:44] | Breathe. | 深呼吸 |
[02:46] | guys,what is going on? | 两位 这是怎么回事? |
[02:47] | We’re being looted. | 我们被抢了 |
[02:48] | I feel so violated,and not in a good way. | 我感觉被亵渎了 而且是不好的那种 |
[02:51] | Didn’t you hear? | 你没听说吗? |
[02:52] | The sex issue was a limp noodle,and now they’ve cut the budget to the bone. | 涉性专刊的销量算得上”不举” 现在他们要把预算砍到见血 |
[02:56] | Oh,god.This is so depressing. | 哦 天啊 这太郁闷了 |
[02:57] | I just used the word “noodle” and “bone,” and I got nothing. | 我刚说了”不举”和”见血” 然后我啥也没得到 |
[03:00] | Apparently,everything leased or considered nonessential has to go. | 很明显 所有租的或是 被认为多余的东西都要走 |
[03:04] | I’m looking for… betty suarez? | 我找… Betty Suarez? |
[03:07] | Do you need any help loading her onto the truck? | 要我帮忙把她装车吗? |
[03:11] | You need my I.D.For a delivery? | 你送货需要看我的身份证? |
[03:14] | It’s protocol. | 这是规定 |
[03:21] | Sign here. | 在这里签名 |
[03:25] | and here. | 还有这里 |
[03:27] | Is this all really necessary? | 这真的有必要吗? |
[03:28] | inreial he. | 还有这里 |
[03:30] | And I need your thumbprint. | 我还需要你的指纹 |
[03:32] | My thumbprint? | 我的指纹? |
[03:34] | identity confirmed. | 身份确认 |
[03:36] | The calvin hartley charitable foundation requires positive identification of all recipients. | Calvin Hartley慈善基金会需要 收货人所有确实的身份证明 |
[03:41] | The hartley charitable foundation? | Hartley慈善基金会? |
[03:42] | Did he say,”the hartley charitable foundation”? | 他刚说”Hartley慈善机基金会”? |
[03:46] | Daniel,what’s going on? | Daniel 这是怎么回事? |
[03:47] | They’re repossessing everything. | 他们在收东西 |
[03:48] | Betty,shh.Please. | Betty 嘘 别 |
[03:50] | With everything falling apart around here,just let me have this moment. | 这里的好日子快到头了 就让我享受这一刻吧 |
[03:57] | every year,cal hartley hosts a charity easter egg hunt at the museum of natural history. | 每一年 Cal Hartley都会在自然博物馆 举办寻找复活节彩蛋的慈善活动 |
[04:02] | Wait.Cal hartley? | 等下 Cal Hartley? |
[04:03] | Oh,it’s incredibly exclusive. | 哦 这绝对是独一无二的 |
[04:07] | I’ve been trying to score an invite for years. | 我一直都试着想拿到邀请函 |
[04:10] | Um,daniel,I think maybe this might be… | 呃 Daniel 我想这可能是… |
[04:14] | “the calvin hartley charitable foundation “is pleased to invite…betty suarez”? | “Calvin Hartley慈善机构很荣幸 邀请… Betty Suarez”? |
[04:21] | Cal hartley is matt’s father. | Cal Hartley是Matt的父亲 |
[04:25] | Of course.Matt… hartley. | 当然了 Matt… Hartley |
[04:28] | I don’t know why I never put that together. | 我怎么没想到呢? |
[04:30] | So things are going really great with you and matt,I guess. | 那你和Matt进展得不错嘛 我想 |
[04:33] | Yeah. | 对 |
[04:35] | Seeing as…you got e big egg-vite. | 既然… 这邀请蛋是你的 |
[04:40] | Here you are. | 给你 |
[04:42] | Y,sorr daniel.I had no idea. | 抱歉 Daniel 这事我都不知道 |
[04:45] | No,no,no,it’s fine.I’m sure you’re gonna have fun mingling with the billionaires and the princesses… | 不 不 没事 我肯定你很开心的 去的都是些亿万富翁 公主… |
[04:50] | and the popes and the… | 教皇 还有… |
[04:52] | oh,sorry,daniel,one second. | 哦 抱歉 Daniel 等下 |
[04:54] | hello. | 喂 |
[04:54] | Aunt betty,dot ever break up with matt! | Betty阿姨 永远不要和Matt分手! |
[04:56] | Why do you need my fingerprint? | 为什么要我的指纹? |
[04:58] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么啊? |
[04:59] | We just got an invitation to the hartley easter egg hunt. | 我们刚拿到Hartley寻找复活节 彩蛋活动的邀请 |
[05:02] | Do you know how exclusive this is? | 你知道这有多么高级吗? |
[05:03] | – I’m a U.S. Citizen… – I have an idea. | – 我是美国公民… – 我有个主意 |
[05:05] | I have rights,you know! | 我是有公民权力的! |
[05:06] | Grandpa,give him the thumbprint. | 外公 快给他指纹 |
[05:09] | You’re not gonna mess this up for me. | 你可不能把这给我搞砸了 |
[05:13] | Go. | 快 |
[05:15] | Look,justin,I don’t really have time for this right now,but I’ll call you back,okay? | 听着 Justin 我现在真的没有时间 我再打给你 好吗? |
[05:18] | Bye. | 再见 |
[05:23] | Everything okay? | 没什么事吧? |
[05:24] | Yeah,he was just really excited about going to the hartley thing. | 嗯 他只是对要去Hartley那 感到很兴奋 |
[05:30] | Your family got an egg-vitation? | 你的家人也拿到邀请蛋了? |
[05:52] | that is beautiful,willie. | 太美了 Willie |
[05:54] | You are one magnificent mama. | 你就是个美丽的母亲 |
[05:56] | Oh,thank you,miles. | 哦 谢谢 Miles |
[05:58] | Can we take a break,please? | 我们能休息一下吗? |
[06:01] | Christina. | |
[06:02] | Come get him. | 来抱抱他 |
[06:05] | come on,little man. | 来吧 小大人 |
[06:07] | my back is killing me. | 我的背疼死了 |
[06:09] | Oh,you poor thing. | 哦 好可怜啊 |
[06:11] | You’ve been holding him for,what,a whole five minutes. | 你都抱了整整五分钟了 |
[06:14] | Try doing it for nine months. | 持续这样9个月试试 |
[06:16] | Yes,yes,yes,you’re a saint. | 好的 好的 你是大好人 |
[06:18] | And his diaper’s full as well. | 还有 他的尿布湿了 |
[06:20] | Miles,darling,thank you so much for capturing these precious moments. | Miles 亲爱的 非常谢谢你帮我 捕捉这么珍贵的时刻 |
[06:25] | Oh,it’s my pleasure,wilhelmina. | 哦 我的荣幸 Wilhelmina |
[06:27] | Uh,that woman? | 呃 那个女人是? |
[06:28] | Oh,she’s my surrogate. | 哦 她是我的代理孕母 |
[06:30] | She’s helped me out until I find a more suitable nanny arrangement. | 在我找到更合适的保姆之前 她都在帮我 |
[06:33] | Was she your egg donor,as well? | 她也是你的卵子捐赠者吗? |
[06:35] | What? | 什么? |
[06:36] | No.Why would you suggest such a thing? | 不是 你为什么要这么说? |
[06:39] | Well,the baby doesn’t exactly look like you. | 这孩子看起来不怎么像你 |
[06:41] | Well,miles,his father is white. | 哦 Miles 他父亲是白人 |
[06:43] | What do you expect? | 你还想怎么样? |
[06:44] | I mean,he’ll brown up eventually. | 我是说 他的肤色会慢慢变深的 |
[06:45] | No,it’s not just that,wilhelmina. | 不 不只是这样 Wilhelmina |
[06:47] | My business is seeing,especially faces. | 我的职业就是观察 特别是脸 |
[06:49] | And your child really looks like that woman. | 你的孩子看起来真的很像那个女人 |
[06:53] | Well,that’s preposterous. | 哦 真荒谬 |
[06:56] | there.Yes.What are you doing? | 你在干嘛呢? |
[07:00] | Listen,not to worry. | 听着 不用担心 |
[07:01] | I can work wonders with photoshop. | 我可以用Photoshop创造奇迹 |
[07:02] | I’ll give him the slater chin. | 我会给他一个Slater的下巴 |
[07:16] | from the summit of mount everest to the heights of earth’s orbit, | 从珠穆朗玛峰的顶点到 地球轨道的高度 |
[07:20] | whether he’s brokeri peace in the middle east,inventing a new artificial hip | 不管他是在中东维护和平 还是发明新型人造髋关节 |
[07:25] | or winning his third indianapolis 500, | 还是第三次赢得Indianapolis 500 (美国著名赛车比赛) |
[07:28] | cal hartley personifies the pinnacle of human achievement. | Cal Hartley是 人类成就顶点的化身 |
[07:33] | Billionaire,philanthropist,innovator– | 亿万富翁 慈善家 革新者… |
[07:36] | there is no part of your life that cal hartley hasn’t touched and probably made better. | 你生活中没有Cal Hartley没有接触过 甚至致力使之更好的东西 |
[07:44] | Yep,that’s dad. | 对 这就是我爸 |
[07:46] | Please adopt me. | 请收养我吧 |
[07:47] | Forget it. | 算了吧 |
[07:48] | Unless you take me,too. | 除非你可以领养两个 |
[07:49] | Matt,we really appreciate you inviting us to your father’s fund-raiser,but I just… | Matt 我们真的谢谢你邀请我们 去你爸爸的募款宴会 可是… |
[07:55] | feel we wouldn’t fit in. | 我觉得我们可能会不适应 |
[07:56] | don’t even go there,grandpa. | 那你就不要去啦 外公 |
[07:58] | I’ve been waiting for this my whole life. | 这可是我这辈子梦寐以求的啊 |
[07:59] | Yeah,and I hear that they have a real fah-burge egg hidden in with the easter eggs. | 是啊 我还听说复活节彩蛋里面 有个真的Faberge彩蛋(珠宝奢侈品) |
[08:04] | I’m so finding it. | 我一定要找到它 |
[08:06] | “Faberg?” | |
[08:08] | no,sweetie,when there’s an “e” at the end,it’s silent. | 不 亲爱的 结尾的”e”是不发音的 |
[08:11] | Matt,are you sure you wanna do this? | Matt 你真的要这么做吗? |
[08:14] | I mean,I didn’t exactly start off on the right foot with your mom,and I was hoping for less pressure with your dad. | 我跟你妈的关系还没走上正轨 我还不想少承受一点来自你爸的压力呢 |
[08:18] | You know,maybe we could have him over for dinner. | 我想 要不请他先来吃个晚餐 |
[08:21] | Papi could cook… | 老爸可以烧菜… |
[08:22] | mm,I would love that. | – 这主意不错 – 我们可以聊聊登山的话题 |
[08:23] | And we’ll just talk about mountain climbing. | |
[08:24] | Well,you know,meeting my father is a really big deal. | 知道吗 要见我爸一面可不容易 |
[08:28] | I mean,this guy turns down invitations to the white house. | 这家伙连白宫的邀请都拒绝过 |
[08:31] | Matt,you’re not helping. | Matt 你这是在打击我么 |
[08:32] | look,look,the point is,four former presidents wanna meet that guy. | 瞧 瞧 问题是 之前曾有四任前总统想见他 |
[08:37] | But to me,that guy is dad. | 但是对我来说 他是我爸爸 |
[08:43] | Betty,I want you to meet my dad. | Betty 我想让你跟我爸见面 |
[08:47] | Okay,all right,we’re in. | 好啦 好啦 我们去 |
[08:50] | yay. yay! What?! | 耶 耶! 那又怎样?! |
[08:57] | I figured,the best way to make a good first impression on mr.Hartley was to learn as much about him as I can. | 我觉得 要给Hartley先生留下个好的第一印象 最好的办法就是尽量多搜集他的信息 |
[09:01] | Did you know he went into outer space? | 你知道他去过外太空吗? |
[09:03] | Oh,I wish I was that rich. | 哦 要是我也像他那么有钱 |
[09:05] | I’d like to go into outer space. | 我也想去外太空 |
[09:07] | Wow,there are,like,a million interviews with him. | 哇 关于他的采访简直是不计其数啊 |
[09:10] | Here’s one in the “dubayy financial times. | “迪拜金融时报”这篇报道是这么写的 |
[09:12] | ” “Hartley made his reputation riding to the rescue of struggling companies. | Hartley以拯救陷入困境的公司 树立了良好的名声 |
[09:16] | ” I’d like to rescue struggling companies. | 我也会拯救陷入困境的公司 |
[09:18] | Daniel,we are a struggling company. | Daniel 我们公司自己就在困境之中 |
[09:21] | Listen–“among the assets hartley considers undervalued “and ripe for reinvestment “ | 听好了– Hartley认为被低估 并值得再投资的资产是 |
[09:25] | are media companies,including newspaper and magazine publishing. | 媒体公司 包括报纸和杂志出版业 |
[09:30] | ” He said that? | 他真的这么说? |
[09:31] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[09:34] | Danielwhat if we got hartley to invest in meade? | Daniel 咱们找Hartley 来Meade投资如何? |
[09:37] | I mean,he–he could be our white knight. | 他- 他搞不好是我们的救星 |
[09:39] | He could save the company. | 他可以拯救我们的公司 |
[09:41] | No,but hartley is notoriously hard to get to. | 不 Hartley可是出了名的难请 |
[09:46] | Do you really think you can set it up? | 你真的认为你能搞定? |
[09:48] | Are you kidding? | 你开玩笑啊? |
[09:49] | Matt would be more than happy to set up a meeting with you and his father. | 能安排你跟他爸见面 Matt高兴还来不及呢 |
[09:52] | – Betty,if you can pull this off– I can do it! | – Betty 要是你能牵上这根线- – 这个当然行! |
[09:55] | I can’t do it. | 这个真不行 |
[09:56] | – It’s jeta meing. – No,I can’T. | – 不过是见个面而已 – 不 不行 |
[09:58] | Daniel only wants a chance to talk to your dad. | Daniel只想能有个机会跟你爸聊聊 |
[10:00] | Look,everybody wants to talk to my father. | 人人都想跟我爸说话 |
[10:02] | Invitations to the white house,remember? | 白宫的邀请 记得吗? |
[10:04] | Everybody in the world always wants something from him. | 人人都想从他那里得到点啥 |
[10:07] | No,but,matt,it’s not like that. | 不 Matt 这次性质不同 |
[10:08] | This is an opportunity for him. | 这对他来说是个机会 |
[10:10] | Yeah,and it’s always an opportunity. | 是吗 机会可是天天都有 |
[10:11] | Betty,look,you have to trust me. | Betty 你得相信我 |
[10:13] | It is not a good idea. | 这真不是个好主意 |
[10:15] | – But,matt– no.I’m sorry. | – 可是 Matt– – 不 我很抱歉 |
[10:17] | The answer is no. | 我的回答是 不行 |
[10:39] | ugly betty Season 3 Episode 20 | |
[10:47] | I don’t know what to do. | 我不知道该怎么办 |
[10:48] | Daniel realls myneed help,but I don’t want to do anything to upset matt. | Daniel真的需要我帮忙 可我又不想让Matt难做 |
[10:51] | poor matt. | 可怜的Matt |
[10:53] | You don’t know how much pressure is on these rich people. | 你不知道有钱人承受的压力有多大 |
[10:56] | It’s incredible. | 简直是难以想象 |
[10:58] | And what do you know about rich people? | 你又知道有钱人啥了? |
[10:59] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[11:00] | I’ve been watching “dynasty” on the soap channel. | 我一直在看肥皂剧频道播的<王朝> |
[11:03] | they’re not like us. | 他们跟我们不同 |
[11:04] | Listen,I don’t know about “dynasty,” but if the choice is between disappointing your boss | 听着 我没看过<王朝> 不过 要是让我从”让老板失望” |
[11:08] | or keeping your rich boyfriend happy,show me the money. | 还是”让金龟婿开心”之间二者选一 那就拿钱说话 |
[11:11] | Oh,yeah,it’s like when blake has to choose between his wife krystle and her look-alike rita, | 哦 对了 就象是Blake要从他老婆Krystle 和酷似他老婆的Rita之间做出选择 |
[11:16] | also played by linda evans in a red wig. | 也是Linda Evans演的 戴了个红假发 (以上为<王朝>的剧情内容) |
[11:19] | Catch up,people. | 请继续 各位 |
[11:21] | you know,mija,you tried to help out,and it didn’t work. | 知道吗 亲爱的 你是想帮忙 不过没帮上 |
[11:25] | Daniel will understand. | Daniel会理解的 |
[11:27] | Just tell him the truth. | 就跟他说实话好了 |
[11:29] | You’re probably right,papi. | 可能你说得对 爸爸 |
[11:31] | I should just tell him the truth. | 我应该直接跟他说实话 |
[11:36] | Look at little william here. | 瞧这张小william |
[11:37] | This shot really brings out that slater chin. | 这张真的能看出Slater家独有的下巴 |
[11:40] | Oh,honestly,willie,you haven’t had a slater chin since 1981. | 哦 实话实说 Willie 你从1981年起 下巴就不象Slater家的人了 |
[11:43] | Well,look at these cheekbones.See? | 是吗 那就看颧骨咯 瞧? |
[11:47] | well,as much as I live to tell you what you want to hear,I don’t think babies have cheekbones. | 哦 据我所知 我说实话 我不认为小孩子有颧骨 |
[11:52] | Well,then he must take after bradford,I suppose. | 哦 那他肯定长得像Bradford 我想 |
[11:55] | Actually,except for the fish belly complexion,I don’see bradford in there,either. | 说实话 除了死鱼肚子一样的肤色 我也不觉得有哪一点象Bradford |
[12:03] | What’s this all about,willie? | 你这是要干嘛呀 willie? |
[12:04] | Oh,nothg,I guess. | 哦 没啥 其实 |
[12:06] | It’s just… well,miles says the baby looks a lot like christina. | 只是… 好啦 Miles说 这宝宝长得很象Christina |
[12:11] | Oh,my god,he does. | 哦 天哪 是啊 |
[12:13] | Uh,I mean,does he? | 呃 我是说 是吗? |
[12:15] | Really?I don’t see it. | 真的吗? 我没看出来啊 |
[12:16] | Marc,this is my baby. | Marc 这是我的孩子 |
[12:18] | I don’t care what that overrated lens jockey miles foster says,I know my own child. | 我才不管那个玩镜头的自命不凡的 Miles Foster怎么说 我的孩子我了解 |
[12:24] | Of course you do.Why are we even discussing this? | 那当然啦 那我们说这个干啥啊? |
[12:26] | We were both there when they did thprocedure. | 整个过程我们都在现场 |
[12:28] | It was your egg mixed with bradford’S… swim team. The baby can’t be christina’S. | 当时是用你的卵子跟Bradford的… 子孙 混合在一起的 孩子不可能是Christina的 |
[12:34] | It’s medically impossible. | 从医学角度来说 不可能 |
[12:36] | Actually,it is medically possible. | 其实 从医学角度来说 是可能的 |
[12:38] | you’re joking. | 你开玩笑吧 |
[12:40] | If the surrogate had sexual intercourse before the implantation,it’s possible she was already pregnant. | 要是代孕人在植入前曾经有过性生活 她就有可能已经怀孕了 |
[12:44] | In that case,your egg wouldn’t have taken,and the baby would be her biological child. | 若是这样 你的卵子就没能成活 孩子就是她自己亲生的 |
[12:49] | Well,that’s all very educational. | 哦 这可真是长知识啊 |
[12:53] | thank you for coming down,doctor. | 谢谢您能过来 大夫 |
[12:56] | – That’s it? – Yes. | – 就这样? – 是啊 |
[12:59] | Because you–you said it was urgent. | 你不是说– 很紧急吗 |
[13:02] | – I rushed out of surgery to get– thank you. | – 我本来还在做手术呢- – 谢啦 |
[13:12] | marc… dear god. | Marc… 天哪 |
[13:15] | William might not be mine. | William搞不好不是我的宝宝 |
[13:16] | I’m so sorry. | 我很难过 |
[13:17] | Well,it’s– it’s unacceptable. | 真是- 真是叫人难以接受 |
[13:19] | Without little william’s share of the company,I go back to being a paid employee with daniel’s girlish fingers at my throat. | 没了小William所持有的公司股份 我就得又做回员工了 Daniel那个娘兮兮的家伙 就又可以骑到我头上为所欲为了 |
[13:25] | I need you to find out if christina had sex right before the procedure. | 我要你给我搞清楚 Christina在手术前是否曾有过性行为 |
[13:30] | And do it discreetly. | 要小心行事 |
[13:44] | daniel,I need to talk to you. | Daniel 我有话要跟你说 |
[13:45] | And I want to talk to you,too. | 我也有话要跟你说 |
[13:47] | All right,guys,thank you. | 好了 各位 谢谢大家 |
[13:48] | Everyone.Good work.I think it’s time to go home and get some rest. | 干得不错 大家该回家休息了 |
[13:51] | Have you been here all night? | 你们一整晚都在这里吗? |
[13:53] | Why didn’t you call me? | 怎么不叫我啊? |
[13:54] | Well,I know you were busy with matt. | 哦 我知道你忙着跟Matt在一起呢 |
[13:56] | We decided to go all inon your hartley idea. | 我们决定全力实施你的Hartley计划 |
[13:58] | All in? | 全力? |
[13:59] | Yep.I called in marketing,ad sales,the art department, | 是的 我叫了市场部 销售部 还有艺术部的人一起来 |
[14:01] | and we put together such a kick-ass proposal for my meeting with hartley. | 我们为我跟Hartley的会面 做了个超级威猛的策划 |
[14:05] | Um,daniel,before you start kicking ass,I– | 呃 Daniel 在你发威之前 我– |
[14:07] | just wait till you see what we came up with. | 等等 先看看我们准备怎么干 |
[14:09] | We are gonna blow him away. | 我们一定会大获全胜 |
[14:12] | for over a hundred years,meade publications has helped to educate, | 在100多年的时间里 Meade出版集团在教育 |
[14:16] | inform and entertain generations of americans. | 信息认知 以及娱乐美国大众方面 做出着自己的贡献 |
[14:20] | Now leading this bold charge into the next millennium is a true visionary, | 现在 引领这个强大的管理层 进入新纪元的是目光远大决策者 |
[14:26] | businessman,humanitarian,and world-class athlete– daniel m athlete? | 商业精英 人道主义者 也是世界级的运动家– Daniel Meade |
[14:33] | Yeah,I was on the crew team–J.V. Besides, | – 运动家? – 是啊 我曾在大学划船二队效力 而且 |
[14:36] | if hartley’s gonna put money into meade the company,he’s gotta have confidence in meade the man. | 要是Hartley准备对Meade投资的话 总得要让他对Meade的老板有信心嘛 |
[14:42] | did you notice I got that guy who did the voice for hartley’s to do mine? | 你发现了吗? 我请的旁白就是 那个帮Hartley做旁白的人 |
[14:45] | – Daniel,I– I mean,it’s still a work in progress. | – Daniel 我 – 我知道 这个还没做完呢 |
[14:48] | We’re gonna photoshop the margarita out of my hand,maybe put in,like,an orphaned baby… | 我们会把我手里的玛格丽塔酒PS掉 再加上个 那个 孤儿啥的… |
[14:53] | betty,I gotta tell you,ithiss the first time in months I feel like we actually have a chance. | Betty 我得告诉你 这是几个月以来 我第一次觉得看到了希望 |
[14:59] | So what do you think? | 你觉得怎么样啊? |
[15:03] | He’s gonna love it. | 他一定会喜欢的 |
[15:05] | you’re gonna knock his socks off in that meeting. | 会面的时候你一定会让他刮目相看的 |
[15:08] | You didn’t really say,”knock his socks off,” did you? | 你真的说了”刮目相看”? 不是吧? |
[15:11] | It just came out. | 一不小心就说出口了 |
[15:13] | What am I gonna do? | 我该怎么办啊? |
[15:14] | Daniel thinks that this meeting with hartley could help save the company. | Daniel觉得跟Hartley的会面 可以拯救公司 |
[15:17] | And I have to tell him it’s not even gonna happen. | 而我得告诉他 他根本就见不着他 |
[15:19] | Well,the man is a “true visionary,” so he may already know. | 哦 这家伙不是个”目光远大的决策者”吗? 那他应该早就知道了 |
[15:23] | Oh…there he is. | 哦… 你好啊 |
[15:25] | There’s the little product of an unholy deal with the devil. | 跟恶魔邪恶交易得来的小天使 |
[15:29] | Yes,you are! | 没错 就是你! |
[15:31] | You’re so good with him. | 你跟他一起真好 |
[15:33] | Who knew?I thought my only maternal instinct was nursing a bottle of whiskey. | 谁知道呢? 我还以为我唯一的母性本能 就是照顾威士忌酒瓶呢 |
[15:36] | Stuart’s coming by in a little while,and we’re gonna go for a walk in the park. | Stuart等下会过来 我们会一起到公园里去散步 |
[15:40] | Yes.Oh,how is stuart? | 哦 Stuart最近好吗? |
[15:42] | Better,actually. | 好点了 真的哦 |
[15:44] | At first we thought the treatment wasn’t working,but I don’t know,it seems to be improving. | 一开始我们都以为治疗没啥用 可是看着又觉得好像有进展 |
[15:48] | you should see him with this little ankle biter,all cooing and making faces. | 你该看看他跟宝宝待一起的样子 都是温柔地低声说话 还有扮鬼脸 |
[15:53] | so what are you gonna do about daniel? | 那Daniel的事你打算怎么办? |
[15:55] | I don’t know,but I just have to make sure that he and matt do not see each other until I figure it out. | 我不知道 但在我想出办法之前 我得确保他和Matt不能碰面 |
[16:01] | speak of the devil. | 说曹操 曹操到 |
[16:03] | Hello? | 喂? |
[16:05] | hey,it’s me. | 嘿 是我 |
[16:06] | Hi,I was just about to call you. | 嘿 我正准备打给你呢 |
[16:09] | Okay,we’re still talking.That’s good. | 还好 你还愿意理我 太好了 |
[16:12] | I just want to say,I’m sorry I lost it about,you know,daniel wanting to meet my dad, | 我只是想说 很抱歉我失态了 那个 关于安排Daniel见我爸的事 |
[16:16] | and I was hoping I could take you out to lunch. | 我希望能带你一起去吃午饭 |
[16:19] | That sounds great. | 听起来挺不错 |
[16:20] | Where do you want to meet? | 你想在哪里见面? |
[16:21] | Acally,I’m heading towards your desk right now. | 事实上 我正朝你的座位走过去 |
[16:23] | What? | 什么? |
[16:25] | Don’t go to my desk! | 别去我的座位! |
[16:26] | I’m not at my desk! | 我不在座位上! |
[16:27] | uh,let’S… play a game. | 呃 我们来… 玩个游戏吧 |
[16:33] | Um,you try to find me. | 你来找我 |
[16:36] | sort of like a sexy scavenger hunt? | 就是那种色色的寻宝游戏? |
[16:39] | Yeah,yeah,I guess. | 对 对 我想是的 |
[16:44] | Okay…here I come. | 好吧… 我来啦 |
[16:48] | where are you? | 你在哪里? |
[16:54] | Hey,I have a lunch uptown. | 我到市中心吃顿午饭 |
[16:56] | I’ll be back in a couple of hours. | 几个小时就回来了 |
[16:57] | Good. | 很好 |
[16:58] | Have a-a good lunch. | 好好享受你的午饭 |
[17:01] | Thanks. | 谢谢你 |
[17:05] | Warmer… warmer… found you! | – 快到了… 快了… – 找到你了! |
[17:13] | Don’t make me taser you. | 小心我防狼枪电死你! |
[17:19] | uh,cold!Ice cold! | 错了! 完全错了! |
[17:22] | Freezing!Freezing! | 停下来! 停下来! |
[17:27] | Hey,I forgot my briefcase on your desk. | 嘿 我把公文包忘在你桌子上了 |
[17:29] | Oh,no! | 噢 不! |
[17:30] | Go back to the elevator.I’ll go get it. | 你回到电梯那边 我帮你拿 |
[17:32] | – Okay. – Yeah,I’ll see you there. | – 好吧 – 嗯 那边见 |
[17:52] | have a good lunch. | 好好享受你的午餐 |
[17:54] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[17:57] | found you. | 找到你了 |
[17:59] | Yay! | 对呀! |
[17:59] | – You found me. – Yes! | – 你找到我了 – 成功了! |
[18:00] | You win. | 你赢了 |
[18:03] | – betty,I totally forgot– hey,matt! | Betty 我差点忘了 嘿 Matt! |
[18:05] | Hey,daniel. | 嘿 Daniel |
[18:06] | Um,we should probably just get going. | 我们该出发了 |
[18:08] | okay. | 好吧 |
[18:08] | I can’t thank you enough for setting up this meeting with your father. | 安排和你爸爸见面的事 实在太感谢你了 |
[18:10] | Daniel! | |
[18:11] | excuse me? | 什么? |
[18:12] | I really think it’ll be an incredible investment opportunity for him. | 我真的认为这是个投资的良机 |
[18:17] | I didn’t set any meeting. | 我没有安排任何会面 |
[18:19] | What? | 什么? |
[18:20] | I told betty I couldn’t do it. | 我告诉Betty 我办不到 |
[18:22] | Betty,what’s going on? | Betty 这是怎么回事? |
[18:25] | Yeah,betty,what is going on? | 对呀 Betty 这是怎么回事? |
[18:33] | Well,why’d you tell him I’d set up a meeting with dad? | 你怎么会跟他说 我安排了他和我爸见面? |
[18:34] | Well,I-I didn’t exactly. | 嗯 我- 我没那么说 |
[18:36] | Yes… you did. | 不… 你是这么说的 |
[18:38] | Look,I can explain this,just not with both of you right here. | 我可以解释 但不能同时跟你俩解释 |
[18:41] | Daniel,will you go wait for me in the conference room? | Daniel 你可以在会议室等我一下吗? |
[18:44] | – I have a lunch– please. | – 我有个午餐– – 拜托了 |
[18:52] | I was gonna tell him this morning… | 我本来准备今天早上准备告诉他的… |
[18:54] | but when I came in,he’d been up all night working on a proposal. | 但是当我上班的时候 发现他一个晚上都在忙计划书 |
[18:58] | I didn’t want to break his heart. | 我不想伤他的心 |
[19:00] | Look,but he was gonna find out eventually. | 但是他最终还是会发现的呀 |
[19:02] | Yes,but I was hoping that I could talk to you again. | 对 但是我希望能和你再谈谈 |
[19:05] | Remember when you said that I could ask you r anything? | 你记得你说过 我想要什么都可以吗? |
[19:08] | Submarine thursdays? | 周四潜艇日? |
[19:09] | Okay,betty.Betty,that was different. | 好吧 Betty Betty 这不一样 |
[19:11] | It’s just a business meeting between the head of meade publications and a potential investor. | 只是Meade出版集团老板 和一个潜在投资者的会面 |
[19:16] | It has nothing to do with us. | 这和我们一点关系也没有 |
[19:17] | But it does. | 不 有关系的 |
[19:18] | Betty,being cal hartley’s son– it’s like I’m two different people.Right? | Betty 作为Cal Hartley的儿子– 我就是两个完全不同的人 知道吗? |
[19:25] | There’s–there’s a guy whose father is worth more than most opec countries, | 其中一个的爸爸富可敌国 |
[19:28] | and then I’m the guy who writes about sports and forgets his wallet | 另一个是写体育报道的记者 还老是忘带钱包 |
[19:31] | and gets a lump in his throat every time his girlfriend smileshim. | 每次他女朋友对着他笑 都会紧张得说不出话来 |
[19:37] | Betty,there’s my dad and business and money,and then there’s me– my life. | Betty 一边是我爸和他的生意 他的钱 另一边是我– 我的生活 |
[19:43] | You’re part of my life,aren’t you? | 你是我生活中的一部分 不是吗? |
[19:47] | Yes,of course. | 对 当然了 |
[19:58] | Daniel. | |
[19:59] | Why didn’t you just tell me he said no? | 为什么你不直接告诉我他拒绝了? |
[20:00] | Because you were so excited. | 因为你看上去那么期待 |
[20:02] | I didn’t want to disappoint you. | 我不想让你失望 |
[20:04] | So you let me look like an idiot? | 所以你让我看上去像个傻瓜? |
[20:06] | I thought I could change his mind. | 我以为我能令他改变主意的 |
[20:08] | And? | 然后呢? |
[20:10] | Sorry. I don’t know what else to do,daniel. | 对不起 我不知道还能怎么做 Daniel |
[20:13] | I know how important this is to the company,but matt is my boyfriend. | 我知道这对公司很重要 但是Matt是我的男朋友 |
[20:18] | and if this is what he wants,then… | 如果这是他的决定 那么… |
[20:21] | I have to respect that. | 我得尊重他 |
[20:24] | I understand. | 我能理解 |
[20:26] | You do? | 真的? |
[20:27] | I imagine matt’s gotta have his reasons. | 我猜Matt有他的理由吧 |
[20:30] | Family can be…complicated. | 家庭这东西… 是很复杂的 |
[20:33] | I oughta know. | 我应该了解的 |
[20:35] | It’s okay,betty. | 没事的 Betty |
[20:37] | So what are we gonna do? | 那么我们怎么办? |
[20:40] | Well,I admit things don’t look very good,but,um,we’re not ready to turn the lights out just yet. | 我承认情况并不那么理想 但是还没有到放弃的时候 |
[20:46] | We’ll figure something out. | 我们再想别的办法 |
[20:48] | There are always other options. | 总会有别的办法的 |
[20:51] | There are no other options. | 没有别的办法了 |
[20:52] | Well,I can’t accept that. | 我不能接受 |
[20:54] | Face the facts,daniel. | 面对现实吧 Daniel |
[20:55] | We barely cobbled together the cash to put the last issue on the newsstands. | 我们东拼西凑才凑够钱 出上一期的杂志 |
[21:00] | The government’s not gonna help us,and the banks won’t touch us. | 政府不会帮我们 银行也不理我们 |
[21:03] | What you’re talking about– we agreed we were not there yet. | 你在说什么– 我们都同意还没到这一步的呀 |
[21:07] | Well,we’re there now. | 现在就是了 |
[21:09] | The company has survived for over a hundred years. | 这家公司生存了过百年 |
[21:12] | People were reading “mode” during the past two world wars. | 两次世界大战时期 人们就可以看到<时尚> |
[21:14] | They were burning it for warmth during the great depression. | 大萧条时期 他们靠烧它来取暖 |
[21:17] | I mean,I will be damned if I’m gonna explain to my son– your half-brother–that we stood by and let it die. | 要是我和我儿子说–你同父异母的兄弟- 我们眼睁睁看着公司死 会被诅咒的 |
[21:22] | I certainly don’t want that,either,but what do we– | 我当然不希望如此 可是我们怎么– |
[21:24] | we have poured every penny into keeping this magazine afloat. | 我们已经倾囊而出维持杂志的运作 |
[21:28] | Money of our own. | 我们自己的钱 |
[21:31] | If we let it go under,we have nothing. | 要是情况再恶化 我们就什么都没有了 |
[21:40] | it’s time to make some tough choices. | 是时候做些艰难的抉择了 |
[22:00] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[22:02] | I’ll take care of it. | 我来办吧 |
[22:09] | I’ve been thinking,we don’t really talk very much. | 我在想 我们平时没怎么交流 |
[22:12] | That’s because we don’t like each other very much. | 那是因为我们并不喜欢彼此 |
[22:14] | And it tears me up inside. | 这话太伤我心了 |
[22:16] | We’ve been spending so much time together because of the baby,we should be pals. | 因为宝宝的关系 我们最近常待在一起 我们应该成为好朋友的 |
[22:21] | I’m good,actually. | 其实 我挺好的 |
[22:22] | You know what’s a fun thing for us girls to do–a sex quiz! | 有件事姐妹们一起做很有趣的 –那就是性测试! |
[22:25] | I am in! | 我要玩! |
[22:27] | My sex I.Q.Is crazy high. | 我的性智商可不是一般高 |
[22:29] | I’m like the einstein of sex. | 我就是性爱界的爱因斯坦 |
[22:32] | Um…okay.”What is your favorite season to have sex? | …好吧 “你最喜爱在哪个季节做爱?” |
[22:38] | ” Fall!No,spring!Winter!No,summer! | 秋天! 不 春天! 冬天! 不 是夏天! |
[22:42] | Oh,this is gonna be harder than I thought. | 噢 这比我想象的要难多了 |
[22:43] | I heard “summer.”Good answer. | 我听到”夏天”了 好答案 |
[22:46] | Like… june?Don’t you love having sex in june? | 比如说… 六月? 你喜欢在六月做爱吗? |
[22:48] | June 14th at 3:02 P.M.,I was in the ladies’ room at the U.N. | 6月14日下午3点02分 我在联合国的女厕所里 |
[22:53] | J*nos–he’s the delegate from hungary– and he was. | Junos- 他是匈牙利(与饥渴同音)的代表- 当然他的确非常饥渴 |
[22:59] | I have a pornographic memory. | 我对性方面的记忆特别强 |
[23:01] | Back to christina. | 说回Christina |
[23:02] | Sizzling summer sexcapades–go! | 撩人的盛夏风骚史– 开始! |
[23:05] | Why are you so interested in my sex life? | 为什么你们对我的性生活如此感兴趣? |
[23:10] | What?It’s just a quiz. | 什么? 只是个测试而已 |
[23:17] | I started to think about it,and then I realized… | 我仔细想想 然后我发现… |
[23:20] | june! | 六月! |
[23:21] | That was when I had wilhelmina’s egg implanted. | 那是我植入Wilhelmina胚胎的时候 |
[23:23] | And the only reason that he would want to know if I’d had sex– | 她想知道我那时候有没有性生活– |
[23:27] | -he’s a pervert? -No,listen. | – 他是个性变态? – 不 听着 |
[23:31] | Do you remember a coupdays of before the procedure,we went out to dinner,to that little pub on the lower east side? | 你还记得手术的前几天 我们到下东区的小餐馆吃饭? |
[23:36] | Yeah,yeah,you were pretty upset about the whole thing. | 对 对 你那时还在为这事发愁呢 |
[23:38] | You must’ve had,what,five or six pints,couldn’t keep your hands off me. | 你恐怕是喝了5-6品脱的酒 你简直都没办法离开我 |
[23:42] | Shut up!Just listen. | 闭嘴! 听我说 |
[23:44] | They told me I wasn’t supposed to have sex before the procedure, | 他们告诉我手术前不能过性生活 |
[23:47] | but I thought,it’s just the one time,and the chance of anything happening… | 但我想 就是这一次 要是出事的话… |
[23:53] | christina… could he be our son? | Christina… 他可能是我们的儿子? |
[23:58] | ll we,what are we gonna do? | 我们该怎么办? |
[24:01] | Well… I’ve got to talk to wilhelmina. | 那么… 我得找Wilhelmina谈谈 |
[24:06] | And we’ve got to find out the truth. | 我们得查出真相 |
[24:16] | Good mng! | 早上好! |
[24:17] | come here,come here,get in,get in! | 过来 过来 进来 进来! |
[24:18] | they’re handing out pink slips. | 他们在分发解雇信 |
[24:20] | What? | 啥? |
[24:21] | Are you serious? | 你说真的? |
[24:24] | this is like a reality show. | 就像真人秀 |
[24:26] | I hate myself for watching,but I can’t look away. | 我讨厌自己看 但又忍不住 |
[24:29] | oh,not sven,not sven! | 噢 别是Sven 别是Sven! |
[24:33] | Well,I guess that’ll save some awkward conversation by the coffee machine. | 我不用在咖啡机边展开尴尬谈话了 |
[24:37] | This is crazy. | 这太离谱了 |
[24:39] | Oh,my god. | 噢 我的老天 |
[24:53] | sorry… amanda. | 抱歉… Amanda |
[25:00] | Amanda? | |
[25:07] | I’m fired? | 我被炒了? |
[25:11] | This must be some sort of mistake. | 这肯定是误会 |
[25:12] | I know,right? | 我知道 是吧? |
[25:14] | I mean,I understand them getting rid of the lunch intern and the creepy copy guy and all those editors,but… | 我能理解他们炒午餐代班实习生 怪胎复印男还有那些编辑 可是… |
[25:22] | I’m amanda tanen-sommers. | 我是Amanda Tanen-Sommers |
[25:25] | Oh,mandy,I’m so sorry. | 噢 Mandy 我很抱歉 |
[25:28] | But… I am the–the face of “mode. | 但… 我是<时尚>的门面 |
[25:30] | ” I am “mode”! | 我就是<时尚>! |
[25:32] | I’m the first person they see en they walk in. | 客人进来见到的第一个人 |
[25:34] | Who’s gonna welcome them now and tell them where to sign in? | 现在谁来欢迎他们 做登记指引? |
[25:40] | But they need to see something pretty. | 但他们需要养眼的工作人员 |
[25:45] | Oh,god.It’s gonna be okay,sweetie. | 噢 天啊 会没事的 甜心 |
[25:47] | This isn’t the end of the world. | 这不是世界末日 |
[25:49] | Someone’s gonna hire you in a second. | 转眼就会有人雇用你 |
[25:51] | Really? | 真的吗? |
[25:52] | Because I can do a job that a clipboard and a vase of flowers can do? | 因为我有记事板和花瓶的功能? |
[25:56] | Oh,mandy. | 噢 Mandy |
[25:57] | Marc,I don’t belong anywhere else. | Marc 我从此就无依无靠了 |
[26:00] | I belong at “mode.” This is my home. | 我是<时尚>的人 这里是我家 |
[26:02] | What am I gonna do? | 我现在该咋办? |
[26:09] | Daniel,amanda was just fired.What’s going on? | Daniel Amanda刚被炒了 发生了什么事? |
[26:13] | Look,before you panic,your job is safe. | 别慌 你的职位是安全的 |
[26:15] | You’re too valuable to let go. | 你这么有才 我们不会放你走的 |
[26:17] | Uh,well,thanks,but what about everyone else? | 呃 谢谢 但其他人呢? |
[26:19] | I thought you said there were options. | 我以为你说过还有其他选择 |
[26:21] | Well,unfortunately,it turned out there really was only one option. | 很不幸 最后真的只有这个选择 |
[26:25] | Fire everybody? | 把大家都炒鱿鱼? |
[26:26] | Do you think I like firing people? | 你以为我爱炒人鱿鱼么? |
[26:28] | I like amanda,I like jenny in accounting. | 我喜欢Amanda和会计部的Jenny |
[26:30] | It was either cut the payroll or file for bankruptcy. | 要么少付薪水 否则就申请破产 |
[26:34] | Then none of us would have jobs.Is that what you want? | 那我们就都得失业 你想这样? |
[26:36] | No,no,of course not. | 不 不想 当然不想 |
[26:39] | Betty,we shut down five magazines today.That’s hundreds of employees. | Betty 今天停掉5本杂志 就是上百人 |
[26:42] | I didn’t have a choice. | 我没有别的选择 |
[26:44] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[26:47] | I’m getting you that meeting with hartley.Come on. | 我安排你和Hartley的会面 走吧 |
[26:49] | I don’t have an egg-vitation. | 我没有收到邀请蛋 |
[26:50] | Daniel,it’s now or never. | Daniel 机不可失 |
[26:51] | He’s leaving for a trans-siberian motorcycle race right after the party. | 他派对后马上就要 出席跨西伯利亚摩托赛 |
[26:55] | Yeah,but what about matt?How’s he gonna feel about you going behind his back? | 哦 但Matt怎么办? 你背着他这样做他会怎么想? |
[26:58] | I hope he understands. | 我希望他能见谅 |
[27:21] | ooh,fah-burge.Come to mama. | 噢 Faberge 乖乖过来 |
[27:25] | damn.Here. | 该死 给你 |
[27:38] | -Matt,I have something I need to– -you look really pretty. | – Matt 我有事想要– – 你看起来真的很可爱 |
[27:41] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[27:42] | So ready for the moment of truth? | 关键时候到了 准备好了吗? |
[27:45] | Yep. | 好了 |
[27:49] | hey,guys,you want to come over and meet my dad? | 嘿 各位 想过来见我父亲吗? |
[27:50] | He’s right here. | 他就在那里 |
[27:51] | All right.Here we go. | 好了 来吧 |
[27:54] | Dad,uh,I would like you to meet the suarez family. | 爸 嗯 我要向你介绍Suarez一家 |
[27:57] | Uh,justin,hilda… ignacio,my father. | 嗯 Justin Hilda Ignacio 我父亲 |
[28:00] | It is a pleasure. | 非常荣幸 |
[28:02] | Mr.Hartley,sir. | Hartley先生 |
[28:03] | No,please,call me cal. | 别 拜托 叫我Cal |
[28:05] | Uh,justin,hilda,are we treating you okay? | Justin Hilda 我们招待得还可以吧? |
[28:07] | Oh,yeah! | 噢 很好! |
[28:09] | Istey,ln,you wanna give me a hint on where the fah-burge egg is? | 听着 你能提示我Faberge蛋在哪里吗? |
[28:11] | Mom! | 妈! |
[28:12] | I don’t think that would be fair to my other guests. | 我想这对其他客人不公平 |
[28:16] | And this must be the young lady that I’ve been waiting to meet. | 这肯定是我所期待要见的小姐 |
[28:19] | It’s a pleasure to meet you,mr.Hartley. | 非常荣幸见到您 Hartley先生 |
[28:21] | I heard you made quite an impression on matt’s mother. | 我听说你让Matt母亲很难忘 |
[28:25] | I think the words she used were,”over my dead,rotting corpse.” | 我想她的用词是 “死了化成灰也不会忘” |
[28:28] | Dad… | 爸… |
[28:29] | well,the thing is,I don’t really– | 是这样的 我真的不– |
[28:31] | anyone who can get under my ex-wife’s skin like that is okay in my book. | 能让我前妻如此不安的人 就算过了我这关 |
[28:37] | now I would love to spend the whole afternoon just with you, | 我很想跟你们共度整个下午 |
[28:40] | but I have to spend some time with my other guests, | 但我得陪陪其他客人 |
[28:43] | so please,everybody,have a good time, | 所以请大家玩得开心 |
[28:45] | and I’ll just–I’ll– I’ll see you later. Bye-bye. | 我就– 迟点再见 拜拜 |
[28:49] | Ciao. | 再见 |
[28:50] | Wow,I never shook a hand that’s been in outer space before. | 哇 从来没握过到过太空的手 |
[28:52] | See?Piece of cake. | 看? 很轻松嘛 |
[28:56] | Work stuff that I just have to deal with real quick. | 工作的事情 得快速处理 |
[28:59] | But I’ll be back. | 我马上回来 |
[29:09] | Daniel! | |
[29:10] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么? |
[29:11] | Where have you been?There’s security everywhere. | 你去哪里了? 到处都是保安 |
[29:14] | And people are starting to look at me weird. | 人们开始用奇怪的眼光看我 |
[29:16] | Because you’re supposed to be a waiter,but you’re standing around eating cookies in a $10,000 prada suit. | 因为你要扮侍应 但你却穿着 价值1万美金Prada西装站在一边吃曲奇 |
[29:21] | This is from 2 years ago! | 这是2年前的旧款了! |
[29:22] | All right,look,I met mr.Hartley. | 算了 听着 我见过Hartley先生了 |
[29:25] | What’s he like? | 他人怎么样? |
[29:26] | He’S… interesting,but nice. | 他… 很有趣 却很和善 |
[29:28] | And I think he’ll be open to your thoughts. | 我认为他能接受你的想法 |
[29:30] | -You ready? -I think so. | – 准备好了? – 应该是吧 |
[29:31] | Okay,maybe leave the cookie. | 好 或许得放下曲奇 |
[29:37] | you had sex? | 你做过爱? |
[29:38] | Do I need to remind you that we had a signed contract? | 我得提醒你我们签了合约吗? |
[29:42] | What,you’re going to sue me for having sex? | 啥 你要告我做爱? |
[29:44] | I gave you a great deal of money,money that was supposed to help save your dying husband. | 我给了你一大笔钱 给你垂死丈夫治病的钱 |
[29:49] | At least part of him was alive and kicking. | 至少他的某部分还活蹦乱跳呢 |
[29:51] | Oh,don’t get all high and mighty with me. | 噢 别在我面前装伟大 |
[29:52] | You rammed that contract right down my throat. | 是你逼我签那份合约的 |
[29:54] | And you knew exactly what you were getting yourself into. | 你明知自己要承担什么责任 |
[29:57] | And you knew that I couldn’t say no! | 你也明知我无法拒绝! |
[29:59] | God,the contract was barely dry before I was lying on my back with my legs in the air, | 老天 合约的签字还没完全干透 我就躺在妇科床上双腿高高翘起 |
[30:03] | someone waving a turkey baster at me! | 让人把那倒霉的管子插进我身体! |
[30:06] | Lovely. | 很动听 |
[30:08] | I want to know what we’re going to do now. | 我想知道接下来怎么办 |
[30:12] | Because there is a chance that that baby is mine. | 因为有可能那孩子是我的 |
[30:16] | An infinitesimal chance. | 一个无穷小的可能 |
[30:17] | It’s still a chance. | 但始终是有可能 |
[30:20] | I need to know whose baby that is. | 我必须得知道孩子是谁的 |
[30:23] | And so do you. | 你也必须知道 |
[30:25] | Yes,I do. | 对 我必须 |
[30:29] | we’ll get a blood test. | 我们做亲子鉴定 |
[30:32] | Then we’ll know. | 就能分晓 |
[30:35] | Right. | 好 |
[30:45] | there he is. | 那就是他 |
[30:46] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[30:50] | sorry. | 对不起 |
[30:52] | Excuse me,sir. | 抱歉 先生 |
[30:54] | May I see your credentials? | 能看你的证件么? |
[30:56] | Wha–oh,yeah,of course. | 噢 行 当然行 |
[30:59] | Uh,just a second. | 哦 等等 |
[31:01] | Uh,I… sorry,I had ’em a second ago. | 嗯 我… 抱歉 刚才还在的 |
[31:03] | You know what?He’s with me,so it’s okay. | 知道吗? 他跟我是一起的 所以没问题的 |
[31:05] | He needs his own invitation,ma’am. | 他需要出示自己的邀请函 女士 |
[31:07] | This is outrageous. | 这太令人气愤了 |
[31:09] | I want both of your names right now. | 我想知道你们的名字 马上 |
[31:13] | Do you have a pen? | 你有笔吗? |
[31:15] | Oh,oh,oh,okay,mistake,sorry! | 噢 噢 噢 我错了 对不起! |
[31:18] | Please just let him go.I can explain. | 请放开他 我可以解释 |
[31:21] | Come on. | 拜托 |
[31:22] | Listen,listen… he can clear this up. | 听着 听着… 他能消除误会 |
[31:34] | I know you’re mad. | 我知道你很生气 |
[31:35] | You lied to me. | 你对我撒了谎 |
[31:36] | Matt,amanda got fired today,along with about half of meade,and I couldn’t just come here | Matt Amanda今天被解雇了 还有Meade的半数员工 我不能自己过来 |
[31:41] | and drink champagne and hunt for easter eggs and pretend like nothing was happening. | 喝香槟 找复活蛋 装作一切如常 |
[31:44] | What was I supposed to do? | 我能够怎么办? |
[31:45] | You could’ve come to me. | 你可以来找我啊 |
[31:46] | Would you have changed your mind? | 你会改变主意吗? |
[31:51] | Is this really what you want? | 这真是你想要的吗? |
[31:53] | Matt,you mean so much to me,but if giving daniel five minutes with your dad is gonna help him save meade, | Matt 你对我来说很重要 但如果让 Daniel和你爸谈五分钟能拯救Meade的话 |
[31:59] | then,yes,it’s wh i want. | 那 对 这就是我想要的 |
[32:06] | It’s okay.He’s with me. | 没事 他是跟我一起的 |
[32:15] | Dad,I’d like to introduce you to betty’s boss,daniel meade. | 爸 我要给你介绍一下Betty的老板 |
[32:19] | It’s an incredible honor,sir. | 很荣幸见到您 先生 |
[32:21] | Meade,huh? | Meade 对吧? |
[32:22] | Don’t recall seeing your name on the guest list. | 不记得客人名单上有你啊 |
[32:25] | Uh,uh,it’s a fu– uh,funny story. | 呃 呃 这经过- 还蛮有趣的 |
[32:28] | Actually,um… | 其实 呃… |
[32:31] | come on,I’m just messing with you.Let’s have a drink. | 拜托 和你闹着玩呢 我们来喝一杯吧 |
[32:33] | Great,great. | 好的 太好了 |
[32:37] | Matt,thank you. | Matt 谢谢 |
[32:51] | I know you’ve shown an interest in media stocks. | 我知道你对媒体股票有兴趣 |
[32:53] | Of course,I read your amazing interview in the “dubayy financial times. | 当然 我在”迪拜金融时报”上 拜读过你那令人惊艳的专访 |
[32:58] | ” Anyway,um,meade publications is poised to rebound in a big way. | 总之 呃 Meade出版公司 正准备大幅反弹 |
[33:10] | mr. Hartley? | Hartley先生? |
[33:11] | – Cal Cal.Cal. | |
[33:15] | Everything… all right? | 您… 没啥事吧? |
[33:17] | I raise a lot of money at this shindig every year for a lot of terrific causes. | 因为很多很棒的原因 我每年都会在这宴会上筹到很多钱 |
[33:22] | But what I love about it most is the kids,you know? | 但我最爱的还是孩子 你知道吗? |
[33:28] | Absolutely. | 当然 |
[33:29] | The simple joy on a child’s face. | 孩子脸上那单纯的快乐 |
[33:31] | That’s what it’s really about. | 这才是这次宴会的目的 |
[33:35] | I couldn’t agree with you more. | 我非常同意 |
[33:36] | Anyway,all meade needs is a short-term infusion of operating cap– | 总之 Meade所需要的只是一个短期 的运作资金投资… |
[33:40] | it’s such a shame floppy couldn’t make it. | Floppy没能来真是太遗憾了 |
[33:44] | floppy? | |
[33:46] | Yeah,floppy the bunny. | 对 兔子Floppy |
[33:48] | He’s the guy we hired to put on the big pink bunny suit and hand out eggs. | 他是我们雇来穿上粉红兔子装 来分发彩蛋的 |
[33:53] | Just totally flaked on us. | 他放我们鸽子 |
[33:55] | That is a shame. | 真是可恶 |
[33:59] | as I was saying,a short-term infusion of capital would really– | 正如我说的 一个短期的资金投资可以… |
[34:01] | we got the suit and everything.We just need someone to put it on, | 我们这里有衣服和所有配件 我们只需要有人来穿上它 |
[34:05] | hop around,wiggle his nose. | 摆动着鼻子来回跳 |
[34:09] | That’d sure make this day a success,don’t you think? | 那肯定会让今天很成功的 你觉得呢? |
[34:12] | Make those kids smile? | 让那些孩子开心? |
[34:15] | And seeing those kids’ smiling faces would sure put me in the mood to talk business. | 看到那些孩子的笑 肯定会让我有心情来谈生意的 |
[34:32] | I got it! | 我找到了! |
[34:34] | I got the egg! | 我找到彩蛋了! |
[34:36] | congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[34:38] | Now why don’t you step up here,young lady? | 那可以请你到台上来吗? 年轻的女士 |
[34:40] | Oh,excuse me,kids. | 哦 让一下 孩子们 |
[34:41] | -Excuse me,excuse… -oh,here we go. | – 不好意思 借过… – 哦 好了 |
[34:43] | Now since you found the faberg? | 既然你找到了Faberge彩蛋 |
[34:46] | egg,valued at more than half a million dollars… | 它价值至少50万美元… |
[34:50] | it will now be auctioned off and the proceeds donated to new york children’s hospital in your name. | 现在它将会被拍卖 得到的收益 将会以你的名义捐给纽约儿童医院 |
[34:58] | but I-I found it. | 但它是我找到的 |
[35:00] | I found the egg,sir. | 这蛋是我找到的 先生 |
[35:01] | -All right,sweetheart. -This isn’t fair! | – 好啦 宝贝 – 这不公平! |
[35:03] | Time to go. | 该走了 |
[35:05] | isn’t she wonderful? | 她人真好啊 |
[35:08] | I found the egg. | 是我找到的 |
[35:20] | are we finished?Do you hate me,matt? | 我们完了吗? 你恨我吗 Matt? |
[35:22] | Because I hate me right now and… | 因为现在我恨我自己… |
[35:24] | no. No,no,I could never hate you. | 不 不 不 我绝不会恨你的 |
[35:27] | Never. | 绝不 |
[35:29] | And you were right.People’s jobs are at stake. | 你说得对 人们的工作岌岌可危 |
[35:32] | I mean,your friends are getting fired because I have some crazy,rich-boy daddy issues? | 我是说 就因为我的富爸爸原则 就让你的朋友被解雇? |
[35:36] | That’s messed up. | 这很糟糕 |
[35:37] | No,matt,I still should not have gone behind your back. | 不 Matt 我还是不应该 背着你这么做 |
[35:40] | True,you owe me for that one. | 当然 在这事上你欠我一次哦 |
[35:43] | I may have to cancel submarine thursdays. | 我可能要取消掉周四的潜水艇啦 |
[35:47] | betty,I just hope you don’t regret hooking daniel up with my father. | Betty 我只希望你不会后悔 让Daniel和我爸扯上关系 |
[35:50] | Why would I? | 为什么? |
[35:52] | My dad can be a great guy,but you do n want to go into business with him. | 我爸是个好人 但你不会 想去和他做生意的 |
[35:56] | He needs to control everything. | 他需要控制一切 |
[35:58] | I–I’ve spent my entire life trying to keep him as far away from my career as possible. | 我已经用我一生来让他 离我的事业尽量远一点 |
[36:03] | That’s why I didn’t want him investing in meade,working in publishing. | 所以我不想让他对Meade投资 把生意扩展到出版业 |
[36:06] | I mean,I’d finally found something that was mine. | 我是说 我终于找到 一样属于我的东西 |
[36:09] | But,matt,you don’t even work at meade. | 但 Matt 你不在Meade工作啊 |
[36:12] | But you do. | 但你在 |
[36:14] | Betty,you don’t know where this could lead. | Betty 你不会知道接下来 会发生什么事 |
[36:16] | Oh,come on,it can’t be that bad. | 哦 拜托 不会那么糟吧 |
[36:19] | it’s floppy! | 是Floppy! |
[36:22] | Floppy! Floppy! | floppy! Floppy! Floppy! Floppy! |
[36:32] | Is that daniel? | 那是Daniel吗? |
[36:34] | I want an egg! | 我要彩蛋! |
[36:41] | you thought my mom was the tough one? | 你以为我妈很难搞吗? |
[36:43] | My mom is like an easter egg– hard on the outside,but soft and gooey on the inside. | 我妈就像复活节彩蛋一样 刀子嘴豆腐心 |
[36:48] | Dad’s more like… | 我爸更像是… |
[36:51] | satan. | 魔鬼 |
[36:55] | no,no,no,wait,wait,wait,wait! | 不 不 不 等下 等下! |
[37:42] | Daniel,I’m so sorry. | Daniel 我很抱歉 |
[37:45] | I had no idea this would happen. | 我不知道会发生这种事 |
[37:48] | It’s okay. | OK啦 |
[37:49] | No,it’s not okay. | 不 这不OK |
[37:50] | Matt tried to warn me,and I wouldn’t listen,and his father humiliated you. | Matt试图警告我 但我不听 他爸爸这是在羞辱你 |
[37:54] | Betty… we did it. | Betty… 我们办到了 |
[38:00] | What? | 什么? |
[38:01] | I just spent ten minutes with hartley,running the numbers. | 我刚用了十分钟给Hartley 分析了一下局势 |
[38:05] | he’s in. | 他同意了 |
[38:07] | He’s actually delaying his trip to siberia so we can make a full proposal. | 他推迟了西伯利亚的旅行 这样我们就能坐下来好好谈谈了 |
[38:12] | He said he looks forward to being in the publishing business. | 他说他很期待进军出版业 |
[38:16] | Oh,my god,that’s amazing! | 哦 天啊 这太棒了! |
[38:20] | wha–but what about all of this? | 可… 可这是怎么回事? |
[38:23] | It’s just to prove what a big man he is. | 这只是想证明他的地位有多高 |
[38:27] | So you knew what he was doing? | 那你知道他在做什么? |
[38:28] | Yeah,of course I did. | 对 当然了 |
[38:29] | I’ve been dealing with ego-driven bastards like him my whole life. | 我一生都在和这种自大的混蛋相处 |
[38:33] | You know,I’ve made a fool of myself enoughimes for no reason. | 我也曾无缘无故让 自己看起来像个傻瓜过 |
[38:36] | I can do it once to save our company. | 我当然可以再做一次 来拯救我们的公司啊 |
[38:40] | Daniel,I’m so proud of you. | Daniel 我为你感到骄傲 |
[38:46] | What’s that? | 那是什么? |
[38:48] | Uh,it’s just my cottontail.I was using it to stop the bleeding. | 呃 这是我的棉尾巴 我拿它来止血的 |
[38:54] | Those kids were vicious,huh? | 这些孩子太邪恶了 对吧? |
[39:10] | here they are– the lab results. | 给你… 鉴定结果 |
[39:12] | You haven’t opened it? | 你还没开过? |
[39:14] | No,I,uh… I didn’t have the nerve. | 没 我 呃… 我没有勇气去开 |
[39:17] | You–you open it. | 你… 你来开 |
[39:28] | it’s yours. | 是你的 |
[39:31] | The baby’s yours. | 孩子是你的 |
[39:35] | thank god. | 谢天谢地 |
[39:36] | I was jus– I was so sure. | 我只是… 我曾很确定 |
[39:40] | Well… now that that is settled,I will be making other arrangements for william’s care. | 那… 既然这事解决了 我要给William安排新的看护 |
[39:46] | What do you mean? | 什么意思? |
[39:47] | I will no longer be needing your services as nanny. | 我不再需要你来看孩子了 |
[39:50] | Given the circumstances,I think it’s best that you stay away from my child… | 考虑到近况 我想你最好 还是离我的孩子远一点… |
[39:56] | permanently. | 永远的 |
[40:04] | * there’s a light that just won’t go out * | |
[40:09] | * no matter what they try to do * | |
[40:14] | * ‘Cause you can’t pull out the circuits * | |
[40:19] | * remove the bulb messages.* * | |
[40:25] | * And it just might be e brightest star * * | |
[40:30] | * discovered yet by man * | |
[40:35] | * but it might as well be a pinhole from where we stand * | |
[40:46] | * so don’t feel bad * | |
[40:51] | * don’t look so sad * | |
[40:56] | ********* | 希望看到你继续跳下去 兔子 C.H.赠(Calvin Hardley) |
[40:56] | * we’re much more than that * | 希望看到你继续跳下去 兔子 C.H.赠(Calvin Hardley) |
[40:59] | * but for now it’s a death trap * | |
[41:06] | a carrot basket. | 萝卜篮 |
[41:10] | at least hartley has a sense of humor. | 至少Hartley还有点幽默感 |
[41:34] | ugly.betty Season 03 Episode 20 |