时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Suzuki st Pierre here.Here on day 7 of Molly Watch | 铃木现场报道 《莫莉观察》已连续报道第7天了 |
[00:03] | Daniel Meade’s bride is about to leave the hospital | 丹尼尔・米德的新娘正要出院 |
[00:06] | For those of you living on Mares | 给那些火星来客 |
[00:08] | or one of those weird religion that shuns TV. | 或有奇怪宗教信仰排斥电视的人提个醒 |
[00:10] | Molly’s illness to get the dramatic turn | 莫莉的病情有了戏剧性的转变 |
[00:12] | which collapse her wedding night. | 生生毁了她的新婚之夜 |
[00:14] | The only bride brought Daniel’s transformation | 她是唯一能让丹尼尔如此改变的新娘 |
[00:17] | The one time man-whore now a devoted husband | 让曾经的男鸭一跃成为忠实的丈夫 |
[00:19] | And New York can’t get another there new in couple | 全纽约都找不出一对更时尚的了 |
[00:22] | Prince Charming and soon nearly being duty. | 万人迷懂得承担责任了 |
[00:26] | Here they come now | 瞧 来了 |
[00:31] | So many well wishers, Even that adorable clown | 这么多善心人士 连那个可爱的小丑 |
[00:35] | Obviously are wait and entertaining those sick kids | 很明显是等着逗逗那些生病的孩子 |
[00:45] | I have been to his house. | 我还去过他家呢 |
[00:47] | Why does he always do that? | 他干嘛总这么对我 |
[00:49] | Ok,before I forget, The View called | 忘记前先提醒你 《观点》打电话来 |
[00:51] | That they want you on the show tomorrow. | 约你明天上他们的节目 |
[00:52] | Most of intentions are insane. | 多数都不怀好意 |
[00:55] | I think it’s great to people finally see who you really are. | 我觉得是让大众熟知你的好机会 |
[00:58] | How was Molly? | 莫莉怎么样了 |
[01:00] | Good. She kicked me out of the house this morning. | 还好 她今天早上把我踢出了家门 |
[01:02] | She said I was too stressed. This can’t help her. | 她说我太紧张了 对她没有帮助 |
[01:07] | Feel that I need to be there. | 好像我非得呆那儿似的 |
[01:09] | I made a packed work for you to take it at home with you. | 我帮你把工作打包好了 你可以带回家做 |
[01:11] | And I will be available all day except for the hours. | 除了跟茱迪会面的那几个小时 |
[01:14] | That I meeting with Jodie. | 我一整天都有空的 |
[01:17] | That’s right. Your Y.E.T.I interview start tomorrow. | 对的 学院提供的面试明天就开始了 |
[01:20] | And with someone like Jodie access your call room | 有了茱迪这样的人提供敲门砖 |
[01:22] | I’m sure you’re gonna happen some good. | 我相信你的起跑会很棒 |
[01:25] | I don’t know. We’ll see. | 我不知道 走着看吧 |
[01:26] | Come on Betty. You deserve this. Believe me. | 贝蒂 这是你应得的 相信我 |
[01:29] | If I can find a job for you here at Mode. | 如果我们《风尚》能有合适的职位 |
[01:31] | You know I’ll give it to you on your heart beat. | 我一定会给你一份你心仪的职位 |
[01:33] | I know, I know. | 我知道 我知道 |
[01:34] | I just don’t wanna think about leaving Mode yet ok? | 只是现在还不想考虑离开《风尚》的事 |
[01:35] | – Just one step on the time. Water…- Here you are. | -一步一步来吧 先喝水 -你在这呀 |
[01:38] | So Betty what’s the right quoting | 贝蒂 对这位本市最受钟爱的男人 |
[01:40] | For the most beloved man in the city | 外界的普遍评价是什么来着 |
[01:42] | Oh! Very glamor is. | 说他非常有魅力 |
[01:44] | So do you hear about the news city field? | 新球场落成 听说没有 |
[01:45] | Yeah! you gotta be advertising on the jumbo triumph. | 是啊 你一定有机会大做广告 |
[01:48] | Tomorrow night, I’m a sponsor. | 就在明晚 我是创始人 |
[01:51] | I’ve got luxury sweet and tickets for you | 我现在就把入场糖果和门票发给你们 |
[01:54] | and they are field level. | 是内场哦 |
[01:55] | – Matt’s gotta love this – Definitely see if molly up to it | -马特会爱死这的 -莫莉肯定也想来 |
[01:59] | Hope she is. I’ve arranged for her to throw out the first ball. | 希望她能来 我安排她来扔第一球 |
[02:02] | that are belived realy helpful to promote the wedding issue. | 相信这对你们婚事大有好处 |
[02:05] | Cal, I’m not very comfortable asking molly to do that. | 卡尔 要求莫莉这么做我觉得不太好 |
[02:10] | All right. Fine, then you do it. | 那好 那由你来吧 |
[02:19] | why he is gotta hate me? | 为什么他会恨我 |
[02:22] | I am a good person. | 我心地善良 |
[02:23] | you are, and more important you are bretty. | 是呀 更重要的是你很美丽 |
[02:25] | first Hartley makes Claire senior vice-president of Meade | 首先 哈特莱让克莱尔当了高级副总裁 |
[02:29] | and now, Daniel is getting all the attention. | 然后 丹尼尔有聚集了众人的目光 |
[02:31] | I should be the one going on the interview. | 本该是我去接受采访的 |
[02:32] | You shall. The wedding issue is yours | 的确 婚礼主题是你的 |
[02:34] | just because dumb Daniel was lucky, | 就是因为那句傻子也有春天 |
[02:36] | after married a women has canner. | 娶了个有癌症的女人 |
[02:37] | I have to get the back seat. | 我就落到了冬天 |
[02:39] | It’s criminal, willi. I am protesting | 威姐 这简直是犯罪 我抗议 |
[02:42] | Wilhemina | 威廉米娜 |
[02:42] | You really need to rethink the cover of this wedding issue. | 你真的需要重新构思婚礼主题的封面 |
[02:45] | I don’t know what is saying | 我不明白这要表达什么 |
[02:48] | that’s because speaking a langauge you don’t understand | 那是因为它在说一种你不懂的语言 |
[02:52] | Fasion | 时尚 |
[02:54] | It’s generic | 只是平庸之物 |
[02:56] | and categories with me | 重新分好类给我 |
[02:58] | So i’d like to see some other options | 所以我希望尽快见到 |
[03:00] | as soon as possible, please | 其他的方案 拜托 |
[03:03] | this is… | 这简直是… |
[03:05] | squealing | 无理取闹 |
[03:06] | – this is… – Oh,Regis | -她简直是… -里吉斯(名主持) |
[03:07] | – this is… – I’m speaking only is… | -这简直… -到底该怎么说 |
[03:09] | – Oh Mark, – Sorry | -马克 -对不起 |
[03:10] | why would Hartley give Claire that kind of power | 为什么哈特莱要给克莱尔这么大的权力 |
[03:14] | This connection there we need to find out | 这层关系 我们一定要挖透 |
[03:16] | what there connection is, and rapid part | 他们究竟有何猫腻 |
[03:22] | Oh, yogurt, yummy | 酸奶 肯定味道棒 |
[03:25] | I figure it’s time for you put breakfast prelunch as long | 我意识到午饭前为你加些早点很有必要 |
[03:27] | – it is – and i have a surprise for you. | -的确如此 -此外 还有个惊喜 |
[03:32] | oh my gosh, your first painting, you finished it. | 天哪 你的处女作 画完啦 |
[03:40] | – Oh, it’s me, naked. – no, no, you have a… | -是我啊 没穿衣服 -不是啊 你有… |
[03:45] | a thing over you, you’re uh… draped | 你身上有东西 用窗帘遮着 |
[03:50] | But it looks like I’m naked. | 但我看起来像是裸体的 |
[03:52] | you don’t like it | 你不喜欢吗 |
[03:54] | no, i do. it’s beautiful | 不 我喜欢 很漂亮 |
[03:57] | You are very talented | 你很有天赋 |
[03:58] | But… why’d you have to paint me? | 但你为什么偏偏画我呢 |
[04:01] | Because you inspire me. | 因为你给了我灵感 |
[04:05] | I’m in your apartment. | 画的是我在你公寓里 |
[04:06] | Mm-hmm, and, uh, and that’s your toothbrush | 还有 那是你的牙刷 |
[04:08] | And, uh, the yogurt you like on the table… | 你喜欢的优酪乳就在桌上 |
[04:10] | Uh-huh. and your robe is on the chair. | 你的浴袍在椅子上 |
[04:13] | I should be wearing that. | 我该穿着它的 |
[04:14] | Betty, I’m trying to tell you something. | 贝蒂 我想跟你说件事 |
[04:16] | Look, I know it seems like | 我知道我这人看上去 |
[04:17] | Sometimes I don’t know what I want, | 有时候都不知道自己想要什么 |
[04:19] | But I do know that I want you. | 但我真的知道 我想和你在一起 |
[04:21] | And I see a future for us, together. | 我看到了我们俩的未来 厮守在一起 |
[04:25] | What are you saying? Are–are you asking– | 你在说什么 你这是在… |
[04:28] | Move in with me? | 搬过来跟我住吧 |
[04:30] | I mean, we already spend so much time together, | 我们已经共处了很多美好时光 |
[04:32] | And I love it. | 我喜欢这样 |
[04:33] | It just makes me want to spend more time with you. | 我只想和你共度更多时光 |
[04:38] | Are you freaked out? you look freaked out? | 你吓坏了吗 看来你吓坏了 |
[04:39] | No, no, no, I’m not. | 不 不 我没有 |
[04:40] | I’m not freaked out. it–it–it’s exciting. | 我不是吓坏了 我是高兴 |
[04:42] | It’s just big. it’s big. | 就是太高兴了 太高兴了 |
[04:45] | I know it is. I’m just asking you to think about it, okay? | 我知道吓着你了 我只想请你考虑一下 好吗 |
[04:47] | But try to think good things. | 但请多往好的方面考虑 |
[04:50] | I will. | 我会的 |
[04:54] | It really is very beautiful. | 这画真的很漂亮 |
[04:57] | Aah! oh, my god! That is hideous! | 我的天哪 太可怕了 |
[05:02] | It’s like looking at the butt of satan. | 就像看到了撒旦的屁股 |
[05:04] | Oh, my eyes! oh! my eyes. oh! | 我的眼睛 我的双眸 |
[05:09] | Options. | 从这里选吧 |
[05:11] | Oh, thank you, wilhelmina. | 谢谢你 威廉敏娜 |
[05:13] | Now I’d like to talk to you about your choice of stylist. | 现在我想跟你谈谈你选的那位时装设计师 |
[05:16] | I have a problem… | 我有个问题… |
[05:30] | Hello, Claire. | 你好 克莱尔 |
[05:32] | Victoria. | 维多利亚 |
[05:34] | It’s nice to see you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[05:36] | Is it? | 真的 |
[05:39] | Uh, you must be Victoria Hartley. | 你一定就是维多利亚・哈特利 |
[05:42] | I’m Wilhelmina Slater. | 我是威廉敏娜・斯莱特 |
[05:43] | Nice to meet you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[05:44] | If you’ll excuse me, I’m, uh, meeting my ex-husband. | 失陪一下 我约了我前夫 |
[05:47] | I prefer to do that before my muscle relaxer wears off. | 我得在那个急色鬼走之前先跟他谈谈 |
[05:58] | Uh, so you were talking about my stylist choice? | 你刚刚是想讨论下我的服装设计师人选 |
[06:01] | Oh! It’s fine. | 没事了 |
[06:04] | It’s fine. | 就这样吧 |
[06:10] | Normally I don’t like or notice older people, | 通常我不喜欢也不会注意老人家 |
[06:14] | But that was interesting. | 但刚才那场面 很有趣 |
[06:15] | Hartley’s ex-wife is clearly not a fan of Claire’s. | 哈特利的前妻很明显不喜欢克莱尔 |
[06:18] | That could be useful. | 这对我们很有利 |
[06:23] | I don’t want to put too much pressure on you, | 我不想让你有太多压力 |
[06:25] | But this is a tough hiring year. | 但今年的就业形势真的很差 |
[06:26] | You’re gonna have to blow them away | 你得从进门那刻起 |
[06:27] | The second you walk into that room. | 就镇住他们 |
[06:30] | Okay, gotta go. | 好了 该走了 |
[06:32] | Jodie, I can’t thank you enough for mentoring me. | 朱迪 你这么指导我 我都不知道怎么谢你 |
[06:35] | Oh, hell. get me a cake or something. | 少废话 给我块蛋糕什么的好了 |
[06:38] | No, don’t get me a cake. I don’t eat cake. | 不 别给我蛋糕 我不吃蛋糕的 |
[06:39] | Get me a boysenberry pie. | 给我个博伊森莓派好了 |
[06:41] | Okay, I will. | 好的 我会的 |
[06:43] | God, I just… I can’t believe it. | 天哪 我真的 我都不敢相信 |
[06:45] | I mean, I might actually be leaving “Mode.” | 我是说 我有可能要离开《风尚》 |
[06:49] | It’s like everything in my life is changing. | 就像我生命中的一切都将改变 |
[06:51] | That’s a good thing. | 这是好事 |
[06:53] | Now remember– | 现在 记住 |
[06:55] | What sets you apart is who you are. | 你就是你 与众不同的你 |
[07:00] | Let them see that. | 证明给他们看 |
[07:01] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[07:04] | Betty… has, um… | 贝蒂 那个啥 |
[07:05] | Has… marc said anything about me? | 小马有没有说起过我 |
[07:11] | No, he hasn’t, not to me. | 没有 没对我说过 |
[07:16] | Well… you know what? That’s fine. | 你知道吗 无所谓的 |
[07:18] | What am I supposed to do, wait by the phone? | 难道还指望我等他电话不成 |
[07:26] | Mija, you’re so quiet. | 女儿 今天话很少哦 |
[07:28] | You worried about the interviews tomorrow? | 在为明天面试的事发愁吗 |
[07:29] | A little. uh, but I’m… | 有点 其实我… |
[07:31] | I’m more worried about what I need to tell you. | 更让我发愁的是怎么跟你开口说这事 |
[07:38] | Matt asked me to move in with him. | 马特让我搬过去跟他一起住 |
[07:42] | I know it sounds sudden, | 我知道听起来很突然 |
[07:44] | But–but I told him I would talk to you first. | 但我跟他说了 我会先跟大家商量的 |
[07:47] | And, papi, I’ve been thinking, you’re so much better now. | 爸爸 我想过了 你现在身体好多了 |
[07:50] | And nothing’s gonna change. | 家里也没什么大事 |
[07:51] | I mean, I can still help out. | 有事的话我还是会一起帮忙 |
[07:53] | And–and matt loves it here | 而马特也很喜欢这里 |
[07:55] | So we’ll be here all the time. | 所以我们还是会经常在的 |
[07:59] | Well, then I think… | 我觉得… |
[08:02] | I think it’s fine. | 我觉得这是好事 |
[08:04] | Really? | 真的 |
[08:06] | What, you can grow and I can’t? | 怎么 你们可以成长 我就不能了吗 |
[08:08] | I get it. my girls have lives of their own. | 我想明白了 我的女儿们也要有自己的生活 |
[08:14] | Though I don’t understand | 虽然我还是想不明白 |
[08:15] | Why no one’s talked about marriage first. | 为什么没人考虑下先结婚再同居的问题 |
[08:17] | Wow, look at you, living with a rich guy. | 看看你 跟个大富豪一起住 |
[08:22] | Does he have a maid? | 他那儿有佣人吗 |
[08:26] | Wait, so you’re saying yes? | 等等 这么说你答应了 |
[08:27] | I’m saying yes. | 我答应了 |
[08:30] | I’m so glad. | 我太高兴了 |
[08:32] | – I already painted the kitchen your favorite color. – Yellow | -我已经把厨房刷成你喜欢的颜色了 -黄色 |
[08:36] | Uh-oh. I thought it was purple. | 我以为是紫色 |
[08:38] | Oh, I like purple. purple’s a nice color, too. | 我喜欢紫色 紫色也很好看 |
[08:41] | You are, like, the worst liar. | 你真是 太不会说谎了 |
[08:43] | Of course I painted it yellow. | 我当然刷的是黄色的 |
[08:46] | What, what, what are you– what are you thinking? | 告诉我 你现在在想什么 |
[08:48] | Just that I’m really happy. | 就在想 我真幸福啊 |
[08:50] | I’m interviewing for an editor position, | 有个编辑的职位等我去面试 |
[08:52] | I’m moving in with you– | 又要搬去跟你住 |
[08:54] | It’s like everything’s perfect. | 感觉好像一切都很顺利 |
[08:56] | Oh, my god. there’s even a rainbow. | 我的天 一行彩虹挂青天 |
[09:04] | Taxi! | 出租车 |
[09:13] | Matt, I have to call you back. | 马特 我再打给你 |
[09:35] | Yep, I called it last tuesday’s outfit. | 是的 我称它为上周二的装备 |
[09:39] | We’re on to your rotation, Betty lou. | 你还是一成不变 老土贝蒂 |
[09:40] | Do I have any messages? | 有我的留言吗 |
[09:42] | Oh, it looks like you do, and it’s urgent. | 好像真的有 还很紧急呢 |
[09:45] | “Bradford needs to see you in his office immediately.” | 布拉德福叫你去他办公室 马上 |
[09:49] | Any other messages, like, from this year, | 还有其他的吗 今年以内的 |
[09:52] | Like, from alive people? | 不是这种几百年前的 |
[09:54] | “Marc, let’s try again. I can’t live without you. Toby.” | 小马 我们重新开始吧 没有你我活不下去 托比 |
[09:56] | Mandy, this is from six months ago. | 曼迪 这是半年前的了 |
[09:58] | Honestly, I did you a favor. he had that awful red hair. | 坦白说 我是为你好 想想他那头可怕的红发 |
[10:02] | Are you sure I don’t have any other messages? | 你确定我没有其他留言了吗 |
[10:05] | Yes. That is it. Why are you all up in my grundle? | 是的 就这么多了 干嘛来这里探我的隐私啊 |
[10:09] | I just saw henry get into a cab. | 我刚看到亨利坐上辆出租车 |
[10:11] | Oh, my God.Are you sure it was him? | 天哪 你确定是他吗 |
[10:13] | Because it is pretty normal | 有时见到一个过世的故友 |
[10:15] | To think you see people after they die. | 是很平常的事 |
[10:17] | Mandy, Henry didn’t die. He just dumped Betty | 曼迪 亨利没死 他只是甩了贝蒂 |
[10:18] | And moved to Tucson to raise his bastard child | 搬到图桑去跟他那性感的前女友一起 |
[10:20] | – With his slutty ex-girlfriend. – Oh, cool. | -抚养他的亲生女儿罢了 -真酷 |
[10:23] | – Why would he be here? – Hey, if he calls, | -他来这儿干嘛来了 -如果他打电话来 |
[10:25] | Do you want me to tell him | 你是想让我告诉他 |
[10:26] | That you’re out or that you’re busy | 你外出了 还是你在忙 |
[10:28] | Or that the tribe of Mole people | 还是告诉他 摩尔部落的人 |
[10:29] | Kidnapped you and made you their queen? | 把你抢去做了他们的压寨夫人 |
[10:31] | Could you please just put him through? Thanks. | 能否直接把电话转给我就好 谢谢 |
[10:41] | We are here with Haniel Meade, | 今天我们请到了丹尼尔・米德 |
[10:42] | Editor-in-chief of “Mode” magazine, | 《风尚》杂志的主编 |
[10:44] | And he’s here to talk about the wedding issue. welcome. | 他会跟我们讲讲这期新娘专辑 欢迎 |
[10:46] | – Thank you very much. – Good to have you here. | -非常感谢 -很高兴你能来 |
[10:48] | We’re very excited about the issue. | 说起这期专辑 我们都很激动 |
[10:49] | Um, actually, I probably shouldn’t mention it, but, uh, | 事实上 也许我不该提起这个 但是 |
[10:51] | Tracy Reese has designed her first wedding dress for | 特蕾西・里斯(女装设计师)帮我们设计了她的第一款婚纱 |
[10:55] | Speaking of weddings, how’s the bride? | 说起婚纱 你的新娘怎么样了 |
[10:57] | Oh. that’s what we want to hear. Right? | 我们都想知道这个 对吗 |
[11:01] | He’s prince charming. | 他真是万人迷啊 |
[11:03] | – Thank you. Yeah, she’s doing great. – Good. | -谢谢 她一切都好 -很好 |
[11:06] | Uh, but there’s just one more thing | 只是 还有一件事儿 |
[11:07] | I wanted to mention about the–the wedding issue… | 关于这期新娘专辑 我一定得提一下 |
[11:10] | Which I’m sure you’re gonna love | 我知道你们一定会喜欢的 |
[11:13] | But just to be clear, you’re totally a changed man? | 只是想明确下 你真的改过自新了 是吗 |
[11:15] | Because not too long ago, you were a player. | 因为不久以前 你还是个花花公子 |
[11:17] | You were a dog. | 你还是处处留情 |
[11:19] | Total player. Right? | 整个一浪荡子 对吗 |
[11:20] | I don’t know how you found time to put the magazine out. | 难以想象你还有时间管杂志的事 |
[11:22] | But how about our boy now, huh? | 但看看现在浪子回头 |
[11:29] | I’ll tell you, it looks like | 我的感觉是 |
[11:30] | – You’ve got some “faniels” out there. – oh, that’s cute. | -你有不少”丹粉” -很好玩 |
[11:33] | You love that–faniels? faniels. | 你喜欢”丹粉”这个称呼吗 丹粉们 |
[11:35] | I do. it’s cute. I thought it up this morning in the shower. | 我喜欢 好玩 我早上洗澡时想出的 |
[11:36] | – Don’t you love it? – yeah. | -你喜欢吗 -喜欢 |
[11:37] | I’m really here to talk about the magazine, which– | 我来是为了谈我们的杂志的 |
[11:39] | you can talk about the magazine | 你当然可以谈谈杂志 |
[11:41] | Right after you give me a lap dance. | 除非你先给我跳个大腿舞 |
[11:49] | bitches. | 贱人 |
[11:50] | Okay, here. | 好 看这里 |
[11:51] | This is everything I could find out | 这是我找到的全部的 |
[11:52] | About victoria hartley, | 关于维多利亚・哈特利的东西 |
[11:53] | Including a lesbian rumor from a very reliable source. | 包括从可靠消息里来的同性恋绯闻 |
[11:57] | And if you’re gonna be friends with her, | 如果你要跟她做朋友 |
[11:59] | You’re gonna need this. | 就需要这个 |
[12:01] | Congratulations. you are now the youngest | 恭喜 您现在是她俱乐部里最年轻 |
[12:02] | – And most ethnic member of her tennis club. – ah, perfect. | -最独特种族的会员了 -很好 |
[12:06] | Okay, outfits. | 好 选服装 |
[12:07] | Personally, I recommend the dark one | 个人意见 我更倾向于黑色 |
[12:09] | Because it’s more forgiving of body fluids. | 因为更能掩盖身体流汗 |
[12:12] | Not that you sweat. | 不是说你现在衣服不好 |
[12:24] | “henry grubstick is enjoying dim sum | 亨利・格鲁伯斯蒂克在唐人街 |
[12:26] | At happy noodle in chinatown.” | 快乐面馆里享受点心 |
[12:29] | “henry grubstick is people watching in times square.” | 亨利・格鲁伯斯蒂克在时代广场被看到 |
[12:32] | You horny little hamster. | 你个尖角大脸鼠 |
[12:34] | You’re sniffing around henry’s profile. | 正在偷嗅亨利的消息 |
[12:35] | I’m not sniffing. | 我没有偷嗅 |
[12:38] | He’s been in new york for three days, marc. | 他已经到纽约三天了 马克 |
[12:40] | Why wouldn’t he just call me? | 为什么连个电话都不给我 |
[12:42] | Who cares? | 管他呢 |
[12:43] | We have our y.e.t.i. interviews in a half an hour. | 我们半小时后就参加进修班的面试了 |
[12:46] | Run a comb through that wig and let’s go! | 把包挎过你的假发 我们出发 |
[12:50] | “”henry grubstick is on his way to caf?blini.” | 亨利・格鲁伯斯蒂克正在去小饼咖啡店 |
[12:53] | That’s, like, a block away from here. | 好象离这里只有一个街区 |
[12:55] | Betty, focus. | 贝蒂 集中注意力 |
[12:56] | My entire future is riding on this “vogue” interview. | 我整个未来都在这次”vogue”杂志面试了 |
[12:59] | Let’s go. | 我们走 |
[13:00] | Okay, you’re right. this is about our futures. | 好 你说得对 这是我们的未来 |
[13:05] | Okay. are you ready? | 好 你准备好了吗 |
[13:06] | I am. | 准备好了 |
[13:09] | Betty suarez. | 贝蒂・苏亚雷斯 |
[13:10] | Nice to meet you. a pleasure meeting you. | 很高兴见到您 见到您很高兴 |
[13:29] | And I’d like to think that “mode” online is responsible | 我很乐观地估计”风尚在线” |
[13:31] | For the 6% uptick in sales the following month. | 有信心在下月提高6%的销售额 |
[13:36] | that’s quite a resume you have, betty. | 你的简历做得很好 贝蒂 |
[13:40] | Very nice talking with you. | 很高兴和你会谈 |
[13:41] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[13:46] | You know, I got my first subscription | 我第一次签约是 |
[13:48] | To the “new york review” when I was 7. | 我七岁时和”纽约评论”签的 |
[13:50] | John cheever was on the cover, | 约翰・契佛作封面的 |
[13:52] | And–and there was an article about estonia | 有篇文章是关于爱沙尼亚的 |
[13:54] | And–and how the kroon had just replaced the soviet rubel. | 克鲁恩钱是怎么被苏联卢布取代了 |
[13:58] | I wasn’t really like other kids. | 我和其他孩子不同 |
[14:01] | I admit, sometimes that was hard, | 我承认 有时跟他们相处很困难 |
[14:03] | But I did always have my magazines. | 但我一直想办自己的杂志 |
[14:05] | And the “new york review” | 而”纽约评论” |
[14:08] | Took me out of my little corner in queens, | 把我从皇后区的小角落里带了出来 |
[14:11] | Helped me imagine a much bigger world. | 为我描绘了一个更大的世界 |
[14:13] | I just really hope that one day, | 我真心希望有一天 |
[14:16] | I can give someone else that gift. | 我也能给别人那样的礼物 |
[14:20] | I’m sure you will. | 我相信你会的 |
[14:33] | I’m telling you, they loved you! | 我告诉你 他们喜欢你 |
[14:37] | – Really? – you even got a smile | -真的吗 -你甚至得到了 |
[14:38] | From that woman from “harper’s,” | 哈珀斯杂志的一个笑脸 |
[14:40] | And she recently had several deaths in her family. oh. | 而她最近家中去世了不少人 |
[14:43] | Did anyone love me? | 有人喜欢我吗 |
[14:45] | To be honest, they thought you were selfish. | 说实话 他们觉得你自私 |
[14:50] | They were hurt you never called back. | 你从来不给个回电 他们很失望 |
[14:54] | Marc, jodie’s a professional. | 马克 茱迪是专业人士 |
[14:56] | She’s not gonna sabotage your career. | 她不会去破坏你的事业的 |
[14:58] | What exactly happened between the two of you? | 你们俩到底发生过什么 |
[15:00] | Oh, it was awful. | 不堪回首 |
[15:01] | There were kisses and boobs and lots of tears. | 有亲吻 笨蛋还有大堆眼泪 |
[15:04] | – I don’t want to talk about it anymore. – how did it go? | -我不想再谈了 -怎么样 |
[15:06] | – Terrible! – oh, thank god. I can’t lose you guys. | -很糟糕 -谢谢老天 我不会失去你们了 |
[15:09] | Marc, it would be like losing my soul mate. | 马克 我可不想失去你这个灵魂伴侣 |
[15:12] | And, betty, it would be like losing an elderly aunt | 贝蒂 失去你这个老年阿姨 |
[15:14] | – That I’m sort of fond of. – you won’t have to suffer yet. | -我也不乐意 -你还不必难受 |
[15:17] | We won’t know till tomorrow. | 我们明天才出结果 |
[15:20] | Hhey, look. there’s caf?blini. | 看 那就是小饼咖啡店 |
[15:24] | Henry’s probably still there. | 亨利极有可能在那里 |
[15:27] | We could drop in and say hi. | 我们可以进去打个招呼 |
[15:28] | There’s no harm in that, right? what am I saying? | 也没什么大不了 我该说什么呢 |
[15:31] | He didn’t even want me to know he was in new york. | 他甚至都不告诉我他来纽约了 |
[15:33] | I could take a peek. a peek? what am i, like, 5? | 我可以偷看 偷看 我又不是5岁小孩 |
[15:36] | – Marc, what should I do? – make up your mind, woman! | -马克 我怎么办 -自己想 女人 |
[15:39] | I have. I’m not going. let’s go. | 想过了 我不去 我们走 |
[15:43] | – Henry! – Hi, betty. | -亨利 -你好 贝蒂 |
[15:47] | This is betty? | 这就是贝蒂 |
[15:48] | I’m chloe. I’m henry’s girlfriend. | 我是克洛伊 亨利女朋友 |
[15:59] | Finally I get to meet henry’s friends. | 我终于见到亨利的朋友了 |
[16:01] | I’ve been begging him to take me up to “mode.” | 我求他带我去风尚 |
[16:03] | we were never friends. | 我们可不是朋友 |
[16:04] | Are you dying? you must be dying. | 你哑了 肯定是 |
[16:06] | so what brought you to new york? | 什么风把你吹纽约了 |
[16:08] | Uh, chloe’s here for an aerobics convention. | 克洛伊来这里参加有氧健身课程 |
[16:10] | I’m getting my affa certification. | 我来考有氧运动证书 |
[16:12] | It takes, like, forever. | 这个是终身有效的 |
[16:13] | There’s a practical and a written. | 有实战的 也有理论的 |
[16:15] | An aerobics instructor. | 有氧健身教练 |
[16:17] | Well, that explains the new-and-improved henry. | 难怪面前是新而优的亨利了 |
[16:19] | Make a muscle, henry. show us those guns. | 鼓个肌肉 亨利 秀一下 |
[16:21] | no, I’m not making a muscle. | 我不秀肌肉 |
[16:22] | Oh, my god. just–ow. | 老天 真是– |
[16:24] | He was starting to get a little bit of a pot, | 他开始锻炼出一些腹肌 |
[16:27] | But I was like, “no, not on my watch.” | 但是我总是说 不 我没有看见 |
[16:32] | So, betty, we have to have dinner. | 所以 贝蒂 我们一起去吃晚饭 |
[16:34] | – What are you doing tonight? – oh, no, I can’t tonight. | -你今晚有时间吗 -不 我今晚很忙 |
[16:37] | I’m–i’m gonna go watch a mets game. | 我要去看麦斯棒球队比赛 |
[16:39] | Oh, you’re going to the new city field. | 你要去那个新球场了 |
[16:40] | I’m dying to see it. | 我太想看那场比赛了 |
[16:42] | um, marc, we should just give them our tickets. | 小马 我们可以把票让给他们 |
[16:44] | we only took them so people who wanted to go couldn’t. | 我们就是为了把这票给需要的人 |
[16:47] | Here. the seats are right next to betty and her boyfriend. | 给票 在贝蒂和他男友的右边位置 |
[16:50] | – Oh. you have a boyfriend. yeah. matt. | -天啊 你有男朋友 -对的 马特 |
[16:53] | Cool. | 很好 |
[16:55] | This is gonna be so much fun. | 那这次一定会很有趣的 |
[17:03] | Are you sure you’ve won six wimbledons, billie jean? | 伙计 你真的温布尔登网球赛上赢了六次吗 |
[17:05] | Because that was pretty easy. | 因为你太菜了 |
[17:07] | – I let you win, vicki. – oh, you say that every time. | -我让你的维姬 -你是说每一次都让我吗 |
[17:10] | Victoria, what a coincidence. | 维多利亚 太巧了 |
[17:14] | – Willi, I didn’t know you were a member. – I just joined, | -威廉敏娜我不记得你是会员 -我新来的 |
[17:17] | And go figure–my first day, and my partner doesn’t show. | 我第一次来 我的搭档还没有出现 |
[17:20] | Oh, it’d be a shame to lose your court. | 好像没有场地了 |
[17:22] | I’m always up for a game. are you any good? | 我经常打网球 你打得如何 |
[17:24] | Because this one? she doesn’t even try anymore. | 这厮打得太烂 没挑战 |
[17:26] | I have to let you win, or you pout. | 我故意让你赢的 不然你会不高兴的 |
[17:30] | Well, I can hold my own. | 我能打出我的真实水平 |
[17:38] | Daniel! we love you, daniel! | 丹尼尔 我们爱你 丹尼尔 |
[17:41] | Hey,sweetie | 宝贝 |
[17:46] | I love you, daniel. | 我爱你 丹尼尔 |
[17:51] | Why do you keep watching that? | 你为什么还看这个呢 |
[17:53] | It’s fascinating. | 这太有趣了 |
[17:54] | Man, you are gonna get so much tail when I’m gone. | 伙计 等我死后 你依然粉丝如群 |
[17:57] | Please don’t talk like that. | 求你别这样说了 |
[17:59] | You’re a national treasure. see? | 看到了吗 你可是国际名流 |
[18:03] | Hey, what about a celebrity, | 什么样的人才算名流 |
[18:04] | like anne hathaway? | 像是安妮・海瑟薇吗 |
[18:06] | Too much baggage? | 有太多的负担了 |
[18:07] | Molly, stop, okay? | 莫莉 行了 可以吗 |
[18:09] | i… I don’t like this bit. | 我不喜欢这样子的 |
[18:10] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[18:12] | Okay, so, uh, you’re still feeling up for the game? | 你还对那个游戏有兴趣吗 |
[18:15] | Oh, yeah. I’m dying to get out. | 是啊 我太想出门了 |
[18:20] | It was an accident. | 那次只是意外 |
[18:26] | Enough! victoria, you win. | 行了 维多利亚 你赢了 |
[18:31] | Oh. i… I must be rusty. | 我一定是太久没有打了 |
[18:34] | Oh, don’t feel too bad. | 别太难过 |
[18:35] | I’ve been playing since I was 3. | 我从三岁就开始打了 |
[18:37] | 20 years is a long time. | 都已经20年了 |
[18:41] | So you and cal | 所以你和卡尔 |
[18:42] | Must’ve played a hell of a game. | 一定打得很激烈 |
[18:44] | he’s so good at so many things. | 他在很多方面都很在行 |
[18:47] | Oh, cal never stuck around long enough | 卡尔从来不会花时间 |
[18:49] | – For us to do anything together. – I know that story, sister. | -和我们一起做事 -这个我知道姐姐 |
[18:52] | So do you have anyone special in your life right now? | 那你最近都和谁一起找乐子呢 |
[18:55] | Oh, just an 11-year-old poodle named walter, | 有一只叫沃尔特11岁的卷毛狗 |
[18:57] | And even he sleeps in another room. | 他睡在另外一个房间 |
[19:00] | What kind of world is it | 这个世界多么美好啊 |
[19:01] | That two fabulous women like us are single? | 那两个女人也像我们一样是单身吗 |
[19:04] | Oh, if we’re gonna talk men, | 要是想谈论男人 |
[19:06] | we’re gonna need alcohol. | 该喝点酒助兴 |
[19:14] | Oh, boy. sorry. | 伙计 很抱歉 |
[19:17] | Somehow this ended up on my desk. | 在我桌在上发现了这个 |
[19:20] | “daniel, if you want to talk, | 丹尼尔 如果你想和我谈谈 |
[19:22] | my number’s sewn on the bow.” | 我的电话号码就在上边 |
[19:23] | Convenient. | 很方便 |
[19:27] | Jersey area code. | 泽西岛的区号 |
[19:29] | All right, this is getting out of control. | 很好 这有点太远了 |
[19:30] | All this female attention is really starting to get to molly. | 这些女人现在想通过莫利来接近我 |
[19:33] | I mean, she–she makes these jokes about other women. | 我的意思是 她拿别的女人开涮 |
[19:36] | I-i think she’s becoming obsessed about | 我认为她开始为此而困扰 |
[19:38] | whom I’m gonna be when after… | 将来我会变为何许人也 |
[19:43] | Well, maybe it helps molly | 也许让她想想你的将来 |
[19:45] | To think about you being with someone else. | 对莫莉有帮助 |
[19:47] | That way, | 那样 |
[19:48] | She doesn’t have to worry that you’ll be lonely. | 她就不用担心你以后会孤独 |
[19:53] | I can’t think about life after molly. | 我不能失去莫莉 |
[19:58] | I mean, i-i… | 我的意思是 |
[20:00] | I try every day not to think about it. | 我尽量不往坏处去想 |
[20:06] | Okay, so we’re going to the game | 好吧 我们要和你的前男友 |
[20:08] | With your ex-boyfriend. | 一起去看比赛 |
[20:10] | I sort of got roped into it. | 虽然说跟他们说好了 |
[20:12] | But we don’t have to go. | 但也并非一定要去 |
[20:13] | I mean, I could just tell him that you’re sick. | 我可以找借口说你不舒服 |
[20:15] | – You coughed earlier. – no, it’s okay. I’m fine with it. | -你嗓子不舒服 -不 没关系的 |
[20:18] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[20:20] | Yeah, let’s do it. | 真的 去吧 |
[20:22] | You know what? | 你知道吗 |
[20:24] | You’re kinda great. | 你好伟大 |
[20:30] | Hi, jodie. | 喂 茱迪 |
[20:37] | Oh, my god. | 我的天啊 |
[20:39] | Daniel. | 丹尼尔 |
[20:42] | I’m gonna be an editor. | 我将成为一名编辑 |
[20:50] | It’s not official yet. | 虽然还没有正式传达 |
[20:52] | Uh, but jodie just called | 但是茱迪告诉我 |
[20:53] | and said that the “new york review” | 《纽约评论》会来电 |
[20:55] | Wants to call me tomorrow and make an offer. | 告诉我给我一个职位 |
[21:00] | – wow – I know. | -哇哦 -我知道 |
[21:05] | that’s… incredible. | 这有点让人难以置信了 |
[21:08] | The “new york review” never hires anyone. | 《纽约评论》 从来不雇佣外人 |
[21:10] | Jodie couldn’t believe it either. | 茱迪一开始也不敢相信 |
[21:15] | I can. | 我相信 |
[21:17] | they saw what I see… | 他们慧眼识人 |
[21:19] | Every day. | 正如我每天所见 |
[21:24] | Daniel, I don’t know what to say. | 丹尼尔 我不知道该说什么 |
[21:28] | I do. | 我理解 |
[21:31] | Thank you, betty… | 谢谢你 贝蒂 |
[21:35] | For everything. | 为所有的事 |
[21:46] | So how am I gonna find someone as good as you? | 怎么才能让我找到 和你一样棒的助手 |
[21:48] | You won’t. | 不可能的 |
[21:52] | But I can help you find a close second. | 但我会帮你找个次佳的 |
[22:02] | And now, mets fans, | 现在 麦斯棒球队的粉丝们 |
[22:03] | Please turn your attention to the field | 请看球场 |
[22:05] | For our celebrity first pitch. | 第一个出场的名流 |
[22:11] | It’s fashion on the field | 在球场上太帅了 |
[22:12] | As “mode” magazine’s editor-in-chief daniel meade… | 作为《风尚》杂志的总编辑丹尼尔 |
[22:16] | Throws out the first pitch. | 扔出第一个球 |
[22:21] | Stay warm, molly. | 呆着别动 莫莉 |
[22:34] | Nice throw. | 好球 |
[22:41] | Hey, um. I’ve, uh, I’ve got something for you. | 我有些东西要给你 |
[22:44] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[22:46] | A credit card? | 信用卡吗 |
[22:47] | It’s a key to our apartment. | 这是我们公寓的钥匙 |
[22:52] | Oh. sorry we’re late. | 抱歉 我们来晚了 |
[22:53] | My fault. but we’re girls, right, betty? | 我的错 但是这就是女孩 对吗贝蒂 |
[22:56] | Uh-huh. uh, henry, this is matt. matt, henry. hey. | 亨利 这是马特 马特 这位是亨利 |
[22:59] | – Nice to meet you. – nice to meet you. | -很高兴见到你 -很高兴见到你 |
[23:00] | And chloe. hi, I’m chloe. | 克洛伊 我就是克洛伊 |
[23:01] | – Hi, chloe. how are you? – nice to meet you. | -克洛伊 你好吗 -很高兴见到你 |
[23:06] | So, henry, I’ve, uh, heard a lot about you. | 亨利 我曾经听说过你 |
[23:07] | Betty says you’re an accountant. | 贝蒂说你是会计师 |
[23:09] | Yeah, I work for a small firm in tucson. | 对的 我在图森的一家小公司上班 |
[23:11] | he does the mayor’s taxes. | 他替市长做税收 |
[23:12] | Well, the–the firm does his taxes. | 是公司做的 |
[23:15] | What do you do? | 你是做什么的 |
[23:16] | Uh, not much of anything right now. | 现在没什么事情做 |
[23:19] | That’s not true. you’re an–you’re a painter. | 不对 你是一个画家 |
[23:21] | Matt’s a painter, and he’s very good. | 马特是一个画家 他很厉害 |
[23:24] | And he has a law degree. | 他有法律学位 |
[23:25] | Uh, part of a law degree. | 读了一点法律 |
[23:27] | Still, you could have one if you wanted. wow. | 但是 你想要证书的话 还是能拿到的 |
[23:31] | Stop selling Matt. he’s great. | 不要再显摆了 马特他人很好 |
[23:33] | Should I mention he’s rich? | 我要提他很有钱吗 |
[23:35] | No, that’s gross. | 不 那样说太恶心了 |
[23:37] | Maybe there’s a way for it to come up organically. | 但有法子让他们自然知道他的富有 |
[23:39] | Seriously, I whipped this boy into shape. | 说真的 我迷上了他的身材 |
[23:42] | You should take a look at his six-pack. | 你应该看看他的六块腹肌 |
[23:44] | – Look at this. – Chloe, they don’t want to see my abs. | -看着这儿 -克洛伊 他们不想看我的腹肌 |
[23:46] | – Why? why not? – No, really. they don’t. | -为什么 为什么不看 -真的 他们不想看 |
[23:49] | Yeah, you know, I should really work out more. | 你知道 我应该多运动的 |
[23:51] | – I’m–i’m so lazy. – I wouldn’t say you’re lazy. Come on | -我 我太懒了 -我不会说你懒的 好吧 |
[23:55] | Well, okay, I eat too much junk food. | 我垃圾食品吃太多了 |
[23:57] | Now it all goes right here. yeah. | 现在肥肉全在这儿 |
[24:00] | Please don’t make your belly button talk. Please don’t. | 拜托不要用你肚脐说话 拜托不要 |
[24:04] | Oh. I’m skinny-fat. feed me. | 我叫救生圈 来喂我吧 |
[24:30] | Molly. | 莫莉 |
[24:32] | Cara! oh, my god. | 凯拉 偶滴神那 |
[24:33] | How are you? | 你好吗 |
[24:35] | Good. fine. | 很好 |
[24:36] | – Daniel, this is Cara from school. – Hi. | -丹尼尔 这是我们学校的凯拉 -你好 |
[24:39] | Hey, nice to meet you. yeah. | 很高兴见到你 |
[24:40] | Cara… Cara is such an amazing human being. | 凯拉 凯拉真是太了不起了 |
[24:43] | You should see her with the kids. | 你应该看看她和孩子们在一起时 |
[24:44] | I’ve wanted you guys to meet for, like, ever. | 我一直希望介绍你们认识 |
[24:46] | Oh, my god. you’ve got to get to know her. | 天哪 你会了解她 |
[24:47] | You’re gonna love her. you two have so much in common. | 爱上她的 你俩有太多共同语言了 |
[24:50] | You both went to harvard, you’re both jocks, | 你们都进了哈佛 在那都是运动员 |
[24:52] | you both hate desserts, which is stupid. | 你们都讨厌甜点 这很傻 |
[24:54] | Molly, what are you doing? | 莫莉 你在干什么 |
[24:56] | – Nothing. – I mean, this is crazy. | -没什么 -我说 这太荒唐了 |
[25:00] | Look, I’m sorry, Cara. I’m sure you’re very nice. | 抱歉 凯拉 我确信你很不错 |
[25:02] | I-i don’t want to go out with you. | 我不想约你出去 |
[25:05] | I don’t know what he means. | 我不知道他什么意思 |
[25:07] | Neither do i. | 我也不懂 |
[25:10] | Um, I should get back to Andrew… | 我应该回安德鲁那边了 |
[25:12] | My husband. | 他是我丈夫 |
[25:26] | So this preschool we put Nate in is really progressive. | 内特在用进步教学法的幼儿园里读书 |
[25:29] | And the first day I had to pick him up, | 第一天我要去接他 |
[25:31] | He walks out the school and goes, “where’s other daddy?” | 他走出学校然后说 其他人的爸爸呢 |
[25:37] | Henry’s so thoughtful. | 亨利太贴心了 |
[25:41] | I really like his hair this way. | 我真的很喜欢他的发型 |
[25:45] | – And two waters. – Oh, thanks. | -两杯水 -谢谢 |
[25:47] | – Thank you. – and a hot dog. | -谢谢 -还有热狗 |
[25:51] | and with extra onions, | 即便我们待会儿要亲嘴 |
[25:52] | Even though we’re gonna kiss later. | 他还多加了洋葱 |
[26:00] | Was Henry staring at me? | 亨利在看我吗 |
[26:03] | God, he really looks good. | 天哪 他看上去真帅 |
[26:04] | I forgot how nice his hands are. | 我都忘了他手有多嫩滑 |
[26:06] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[26:08] | Uh, yeah, I’m fine. | 是的 我没事 |
[26:11] | Stop it, Betty. this is not a competition. | 别想了 贝蒂 这不是竞争 |
[26:13] | You are with matt, | 你男朋友是马特 |
[26:15] | And Henry is with his dumb girlfriend. | 亨利和他傻里傻气的女朋友是一对 |
[26:17] | Oh, stop it. That’s mean. | 打住 那太不厚道了 |
[26:18] | Henry just got this amazing new apartment. | 亨利刚刚买了套超漂亮的公寓 |
[26:21] | Oh, well, it’s big, | 当然 它很大 |
[26:22] | But it came with a family of western banded geckos. | 但里面还住着一大家子西部带壁虎 |
[26:25] | Interesting fact, they’re one of the few lizards | 有趣的是 他们是少数可以 |
[26:27] | 眨眼的蜥类中一种 可以That has moveable eyelids. ugh. | |
[26:29] | – Really? – Yeah. | -真的吗 -是的 |
[26:30] | The only problem is that he’s moving further away from me. | 唯一的问题是他正在慢慢得远离我 |
[26:33] | Well, uh… we have some, uh, | 我们也有些 |
[26:34] | Big news, too. | 好消息 |
[26:36] | yes, of course. | 是的 当然 |
[26:39] | Um, I wasn’t gonna say anything yet, but… uh… | 我还不打算说这事呢 但 |
[26:43] | I got offered an editor position | 我得到了《纽约评论》 |
[26:45] | At the “new york review.” | 主编的工作 |
[26:47] | That’s amazing. oh. | 那太好了 |
[26:48] | Betty, that’s been your dream job forever. | 这是你一直梦想的工作啊 |
[26:50] | – I know. – When do you start? | -我知道 -你什么时候开始工作 |
[26:52] | why didn’t you say anything? | 为什么你保密工作做那么好 |
[26:53] | Well, i-i didn’t want to jinx it. | 我不想把这搞砸 |
[26:55] | It’s not official yet. | 还没有正式确认 |
[27:01] | Well, that went pretty well. | 那样太好了 |
[27:03] | Maybe we could go to dinner with them | 也许在他们走之前 |
[27:04] | Before they leave. | 能和他们一起吃顿晚餐 |
[27:05] | Although that might be difficult with Chloe. | 虽然和克洛伊相处有点困难 |
[27:07] | She eats eight small meals a day. | 她一天吃八顿小餐 |
[27:10] | Honestly, I don’t really get her for him. | 说真的 我真不想为了亨利找她 |
[27:12] | I mean, she’s nice, but not really his type. | 我意思是 她人不错 但不是他喜欢的那种 |
[27:17] | What’s wrong? Is everything okay? | 怎么了 你没事吧 |
[27:19] | – Was that too weird for you? – Henry’s nice. | -是不是对你来说太古怪了 -亨利人很好 |
[27:22] | The only weird thing is that you didn’t even once mention | 唯一奇怪的是你一次都没说到 |
[27:24] | The fact that we’re moving in together. | 我们要同居的事实 |
[27:26] | Did you, uh, did you forget? | 你 你忘了吗 |
[27:28] | No, no, I didn’t forget. | 没 没有 我没有忘 |
[27:30] | Well, what was it then? | 那 那为什么呢 |
[27:32] | Did you… not want Henry to know for some reason? | 因为某些原因不想让亨利知道吗 |
[27:36] | – What reason? – I don’t know. | -什么原因 -我不知道 |
[27:37] | Maybe you were, you know… | 也许你 |
[27:40] | Leaving the door open for him or something. | 对他还恋恋不舍之类 |
[27:42] | Matt, that’s crazy. I’m with you. | 马特 那太荒唐了 我和你在一起 |
[27:46] | Look, I’m sorry I didn’t say anything. | 听着 我很抱歉我什么也没有说 |
[27:49] | Maybe I did forget for one minute. | 也许我那时真的忘 就一会儿 |
[27:52] | But it doesn’t mean anything more than that. | 但是并不意味这事不重要 |
[27:55] | No. | 是的 |
[27:56] | No, you’re right. I’m sorry. | 你是对的 对不起 |
[27:59] | Maybe meeting Henry | 也许遇见亨利 |
[28:00] | Was a little harder than I thought. | 比我想象的还有些困难 |
[28:02] | Let’s–let’s just forget about it, okay? | 让我们忘掉这事 好吗 |
[28:04] | Okay. | 可以 |
[28:06] | You, uh, still want to move in, right? | 你还是会搬进来是吗 |
[28:08] | Yes, yes, of course. | 当然 当然会 |
[28:16] | Let’s get out of this rain, hmm? | 去避避雨吧 |
[28:51] | Ah, excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[28:57] | Claire meade. | 克莱尔・米德 |
[28:59] | Leave me alone, you pill-popping hag. | 别来烦我 你这该死的贱老太 |
[29:01] | Oh. I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[29:04] | That was completely inappropriate. | 这话讲得有点不合时宜 |
[29:07] | Claire and I have a… complicated relationship. | 克莱尔和我的关系很复杂 |
[29:10] | Oh, you don’t have to tell me. | 你不必告诉我 |
[29:12] | That bitch almost ruined my marriage. | 那贱妇差点毁了我的婚姻 |
[29:14] | I mean, before I did. | 在我出手之前 |
[29:16] | Whoa. okay, I have had too much to drink. | 我已经喝太多酒了 |
[29:19] | Well, victoria, | 那好 维多利亚 |
[29:20] | You’re gonna have to tell me more. | 你就再多说点吧 |
[29:23] | Oh, god. oh, it was so long ago. | 天哪 这是很久的事了 |
[29:28] | And, you know, at first, we were all so close– | 你知道 当初 我们关系很亲密 |
[29:30] | The Meades and the Hartleys. | 米德家族和哈特莱家族 |
[29:34] | Unfortunately, Cal and Claire got a little too close. | 不幸的是 卡尔和克莱尔走得太近了 |
[29:38] | you poor thing. | 真不幸 |
[29:40] | There was an affair? | 就因为这个吗 |
[29:42] | Worse. | 比这更糟 |
[29:44] | There was a baby. | 她怀孕了 |
[29:53] | I don’t know, betty. | 贝蒂 我不明白 |
[29:54] | Moving in with matt’s a pretty big deal. | 和马特同居是件好事 |
[29:56] | How could it just not come up? | 为什么你还犹豫不决 |
[29:57] | No. I don’t know. | 不 我不知道 |
[30:01] | Was matt right? | 马特是最终人选吗 |
[30:02] | Was I trying to leave some door open for henry? | 我是不是还惦着亨利 |
[30:06] | You’re the only one who can answer that. | 答案只有你知道 |
[30:08] | I love matt. I do. | 我爱马特 真的 |
[30:11] | It’s just, when I saw henry… | 只是 当我看到亨利 |
[30:13] | It took my breath away. | 我几乎无法呼吸 |
[30:16] | It took me right back to that place… | 好像把我带回从前 |
[30:18] | The way I used to feel when I saw him, | 以前我看到他 |
[30:20] | Those same butterflies in my stomach. | 就会蝴蝶乱飞 |
[30:23] | Do you remember the pain you felt, too? | 也记得以前的伤痛吧 |
[30:26] | cause I do. | 我还记得 |
[30:29] | All I’m saying is… | 我是指 |
[30:31] | Before henry came along, | 在亨利出现之前 |
[30:33] | You were so excited about moving in with matt. | 和马特同居你很兴奋 |
[30:35] | I still am. | 现在也是 |
[30:37] | Then remind yourself of something. | 之后开始胡思乱想 |
[30:39] | Henry isn’t real. | 亨利不是真实的 |
[30:41] | He lives 2,000 miles away. | 他在2000英里之外 |
[30:44] | He’s got a kid. he’s got a girlfriend. | 他有孩子 有女朋友 |
[30:48] | Trust me, just because a guy | 相信我 只是因为一个人 |
[30:49] | Makes your heart flutter | 让你小鹿乱撞 |
[30:50] | Does not mean that you’re supposed to be with them. | 并不表示你就要跟他在一起 |
[30:52] | I’m not saying I want to be with him. I’m with matt. | 我没说要跟他一起 我要和马特一起 |
[30:57] | And I don’t want to screw that up. | 我不想搞砸 |
[30:59] | Okay, then… don’t see henry again. | 好 那 不要再见亨利了 |
[31:03] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[31:05] | I… I don’t know what I was thinking. | 我 我不知道怎么会那么想 |
[31:07] | Hey, maybe you should go out with her. | 也许你该和她约会 |
[31:09] | I mean, you already have a funny story | 你已经用一个笑话 |
[31:11] | To break the ice. | 打破僵局 |
[31:13] | Now see? that’s exactly what I’m talking about. | 果然 被我说中了 |
[31:15] | you do that, can you blame me for jumping to conclusions? | 你那么做 是在责怪我草率下结论吗 |
[31:18] | You keep making these comments | 你一直让我觉得 |
[31:20] | About me being with someone else. | 我正在变成别人 |
[31:23] | I’m sorry. I know this isn’t easy for you. | 抱歉 这对你的确很难 |
[31:27] | For either of us, molly. | 对你也是 莫莉 |
[31:30] | The only thing I care about is the time we have left. | 我唯一关心的是我们剩下的日子 |
[31:33] | I don’t care about anything else. | 其他的我不在乎 |
[31:36] | I don’t want you worrying for one second | 你不需要担心 |
[31:37] | About me being lonely or anything. | 我孤身的日子 或别的什么 |
[31:40] | You want to know why I make all those stupid jokes? | 知道我为什么搞这些愚蠢的事情吗 |
[31:43] | Because I am trying | 我一直 |
[31:46] | To wrap my head around the worst thing I can imagine… | 绞尽脑汁去想最坏的结果 |
[31:51] | That I will die, | 我会消失 |
[31:54] | And you will meet someone | 你会遇到别人 |
[31:55] | And move on and forget me. | 继续生活 把我忘却 |
[31:59] | Molly… | 莫莉 |
[32:00] | That’s the thing I’m most afraid of… | 那是我最担心的 |
[32:04] | That the world will just go on without me, | 没有我地球还是会转 |
[32:06] | And everyone will forget I was here. | 在这里的每个人将忘记我 |
[32:14] | I promise you… | 我发誓 |
[32:17] | I will never, ever forget you. | 永远 永远不会忘记你 |
[32:36] | Hi, jodie. | 茱迪 |
[32:37] | I’m leaving you another message. sorry. | 又给你留言 打扰了 |
[32:40] | But i-i still haven’t heard from the “new york review” yet. | 我还是没有得到《纽约评论》的回应 |
[32:43] | Call me. okay. | 给我打电话 好吗 |
[32:45] | Bye. | 再见 |
[33:05] | Oh, my god. you’re not gonna believe it. | 天哪 你无法相信 |
[33:07] | I got three offers. it’s a total bidding war. | 我得到三份工作 真是一场争夺战 |
[33:10] | It’s like I’m yentl, | 我就像是耶黛 |
[33:12] | And mandy patinkin, amy irving and the talmud | 曼迪・帕丁根 阿梅・艾尔文和《塔木德》 |
[33:14] | Are all vying for my attention. | 我都眼花缭乱了 |
[33:18] | Congratulations. that’s really great. | 恭喜 真是太棒了 |
[33:21] | What about you? have you heard anything? | 你怎么样 有消息吗 |
[33:23] | … well, I guess I can tell you. | 我想我应该告诉你 |
[33:27] | Jodie called me yesterday, and the “new york review” | 茱迪昨天给我打电话 《纽约评论》 |
[33:30] | Is supposed to make me an offer today, but… | 应该会录用我 但 |
[33:32] | Oh, I knew you got an offer! I got nothing, nothing. | 我知道你找到工作了 我什么也没有 |
[33:35] | What? | 什么 |
[33:36] | I lied to get you to talk. | 刚才是骗你的 |
[33:38] | Nobody wants me, betty. nobody’s called. | 贝蒂 没人聘用我 没有电话 |
[33:40] | And I gave such a good interview at “vogue.” | 在《VOGUE》的面试我表现得那么好 |
[33:45] | Marc, you are so talented. | 马克 你很有才华 |
[33:47] | Don’t! my flesh rots where you touch it. | 不 别在往我的伤口上撒盐了 |
[33:50] | It’s just that i wanted it so much. | 我真的很想得到它 |
[33:52] | And… i worked so hard. | 而且… 我如此地努力 |
[33:57] | And i would’ve made | 我一定会成为 |
[33:58] | The best junior editor “vogue” has ever seen. | 《VOGUE》杂志有史以来最好的初级编辑 |
[34:02] | Yeah. you would. | 你当然会 |
[34:05] | They should know that. | 他们也应该知道你会 |
[34:08] | Why don’t you call ’em? | 你为什么不给他们打个电话 |
[34:09] | Tell them just who marc st. james is. | 告诉他们马克・詹姆斯是谁 |
[34:14] | What do you got to lose? | 有什么好怕的 |
[34:16] | You’re right. | 说得对 |
[34:22] | If they’re gonna reject me, | 如果他们不请我 |
[34:25] | Then they have to tell me why. | 他们得告诉我为什么 |
[34:33] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[34:51] | Hi. um… this is betty suarez. | 喂 我是贝蒂・苏亚雷斯 |
[34:55] | Uh, i interviewed with erika, | 我已经和爱瑞卡谈过了 |
[34:57] | And i was wondering if… | 我想知道… |
[35:08] | Well, do you mind me asking why? | 好吧 我能问问为什么吗 |
[35:13] | You stole my job? | 你偷走了我的工作 |
[35:20] | I didn’t steal it. | 我没偷 |
[35:22] | I just convinced them to hire me instead. | 我只是让他们雇我 来取代你 |
[35:25] | Yeah, that’s sort of like stealing. | 那就是偷 |
[35:27] | Please don’t shout. i was in such a good mood. | 别大吵大嚷好吗 我现在心情很好 |
[35:31] | All i did was give them the opportunity | 我只是给了他们一个 |
[35:35] | To hire me at a very reduced salary. | 以很低的薪水雇用我的机会 |
[35:38] | But unfortunately, it still ate into the budget | 但不幸的是 预算并不足以支持 |
[35:40] | For the two junior editor positions. | 雇用两个初级编辑 |
[35:43] | One of which was supposed to be mine! | 其中有一个应该是我 |
[35:46] | I’m sorry, betty. | 对不起 贝蒂 |
[35:48] | Do you know how hard it was to sit back | 你知道这有多难受吗 |
[35:50] | And watch some cheery 20-something | 每天看着你们这群20岁的年轻人 |
[35:51] | Just waltz in and take | 三级跳般闯入圈内 |
[35:53] | What I dreamed of my whole career? | 夺走我毕生梦寐以求的事业 |
[35:56] | Jodie, you were my hero. | 茱迪 你是我的偶像 |
[35:59] | I idolized you. | 我曾经很崇拜你 |
[36:05] | It’s been a crappy year. | 这一年过得真糟糕 |
[36:08] | I lost my 401, | 先是失业了 |
[36:10] | My cat died, | 接着猫死了 |
[36:12] | And i’m hitting on gay guys, | 和同性恋还搞上了 |
[36:14] | And i am just so tired | 我太累了 |
[36:16] | Of helping other people get what they want. | 不想再帮别人 实现他们的梦想了 |
[36:20] | Who said i’m done? | 谁说我完了 |
[36:25] | I guess you aren’t. | 我猜你还没有 |
[36:34] | Hey, willie. | 嘿 威威 |
[36:35] | I just wanted to see how you were doing. | 我刚好路过 来看看你 |
[36:37] | My entire body has tennis elbow, | 我全身又酸又疼 |
[36:40] | I have a hangover that’s worthy of a college freshman, | 我昨晚喝醉了 仿佛我只是个刚上大学的菜鸟 |
[36:43] | But i’m feeling wonderful, | 不过感觉棒极了 |
[36:45] | Because i have information that will split up | 因为我掌握了 |
[36:48] | Old man hartley and grandma meade. | 能让哈特莱爷爷和米德奶奶闹翻的信息 |
[36:52] | Oh, marc. i’m happy. | 马克 我很开心 |
[36:54] | Why does it look like | 不过为什么 |
[36:56] | Your feelings are different than mine? | 你却摆着一张苦瓜脸 |
[37:00] | I guess because of my y.e.t.i. interviews. | 我猜是因为青年进修班对我的面试 |
[37:03] | Oh. you didn’t get any offers? | 你没被录用吗 |
[37:06] | Well, times are tough, darling. | 这年头日子不好过 亲爱的 |
[37:09] | Just be grateful you have a job. | 有工作已经不错了 知足吧 |
[37:12] | But i did get an offer… | 但我被录用了… |
[37:15] | From “vogue.” | 被《VOGUE》杂志录用了 |
[37:18] | I start in two weeks. | 两周后开始工作 |
[37:22] | Anyway, matt, um… | 无论如何 马特 |
[37:25] | Sorry to cry on your voice mail. | 对不起 我不该哭着给你留言 |
[37:28] | You probably won’t get this | 或许你在艺术课结束前 |
[37:29] | Till after your art class anyway. | 不会收到留言 |
[37:31] | I just… wanted to tell someone what happened. | 我只是… 想找个人倾诉一下 |
[37:46] | Henry is enjoy a creamsicle float in City Park | 亨利在城市公园享受浮舟之乐 |
[37:59] | Hey. did you bring french fries? | 带薯条回来了吗 |
[38:02] | Mm. something better. | 比薯条还要好 |
[38:05] | I wanted to show you | 我想让你看看这个 |
[38:06] | The new cover of the wedding issue. | 最近一期 为婚礼而设计的新封面 |
[38:13] | It’s gonna sell millions. | 杂志会发行一百万本 |
[38:16] | I promise you… | 我向你保证… |
[38:18] | Everyone will know molly was here. | 所有人都会知道莫莉上封面 |
[38:27] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[38:34] | Do i look fat? | 我看起来胖吗 |
[38:42] | I can’t believe she stole your job. | 真不敢相信 她竟然撬了你的工作 |
[38:44] | I know. | 我知道 |
[38:47] | I’ll be fine. i’ll be fine. | 我没事 我没事 |
[38:49] | I just… needed somebody to talk to. | 我只是… 需要找个人谈谈 |
[38:53] | Well, i’m glad you called me. | 我很高兴你找了我 |
[38:55] | Why do you think i update my facebook status so much? | 为何我如此频繁地更新我的信息吗 |
[38:57] | I wanted you to find me. | 我希望你能找到我 |
[38:58] | It took you 3 days, 11 hours and 27 minutes. | 你用了3天11小时零27分钟才找到 |
[39:01] | – I’m not good with technology. – yes, you are. | -我不太会用电脑的 -是啊 |
[39:07] | I have to tell you something. | 有件事我得告诉你 |
[39:10] | I’m moving in with matt. | 我要搬去和马特住了 |
[39:18] | Do you love him? | 你爱他吗 |
[39:21] | I do. | 爱 |
[39:24] | Henry, what we had was amazing and exciting. | 亨利 我们在一起时感觉又刺激又兴奋 |
[39:28] | Probably because you were my first love, | 也许是因为你是我初恋 |
[39:31] | And probably because it always felt so impossible. | 也许是因为它让人觉得不可思议 |
[39:37] | What i have with matt is totally different… | 但我和马特在一起时的感觉截然不同… |
[39:41] | But it’s really good. | 但感觉很好 |
[39:47] | Matt’s a great guy. | 马特是个好男人 |
[39:49] | He is. | 是啊 |
[39:52] | And chloe is a great girl. | 克洛伊也是个好女孩 |
[39:57] | I don’t know why i’m with her. | 我不知道为什么我会和她在一起 |
[39:59] | The only thing we have in common | 我们之间唯一的共同点 |
[40:00] | Is that we can both do one-armed push-ups. | 就是我们都能单手做俯卧撑 |
[40:03] | She does look strong. | 她看起来的确挺”壮”的 |
[40:11] | I don’t know if i’m ever gonna feel this way | 我不知道 我从前是否对其他人 |
[40:12] | About anyone else. | 也有过这种感觉 |
[40:14] | Me, neither. | 我也是 |
[40:20] | So what do we do? | 那我们怎么办呢 |
[40:24] | I guess i have to just accept | 我想 我不得不承认 |
[40:26] | That i’m always gonna be a little bit in love with you. | 在我心里 总会有你的一席之地 |
[40:29] | And that’s okay… | 仅仅那样就好… |
[40:32] | As long as it doesn’t keep us from moving on. | 只要它不会使我们继续发展下去 |
[40:36] | You’re pretty damn smart, you know that? | 你知道吗 你既精明又能干 |
[40:42] | So…i guess this is good-bye… again. | 我想… 是时候说”再别”了 |
[40:51] | I guess so. | 我想是的 |