时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:32] | Stop playing with your collar. | 别再玩你的领子了 |
[00:33] | This new shirt is too tight– | 这件新衬衣太紧了 |
[00:34] | I can’t breathe. | 喘不过气来了 |
[00:35] | – Can you fit your fingers there? – Yeah. | -能放进手指吗 -可以 |
[00:37] | Well, then, it’s not too tight. | 那就不算太紧 |
[00:38] | What, did you memorize some Esquire article? | 从《时尚先生》上看来的吗 |
[00:40] | No. six months, | 不是 整整六个月 |
[00:42] | assistant floor manager Tuxedo World, | 男士晚礼服世界 助理楼层经理 |
[00:44] | Albuquerque, 2007. | 阿尔布开克市 2007年 |
[00:45] | No way, come on. | 不是吧 这你都记得 |
[00:47] | View your tuxedo as an investment, | 将你的晚礼服看成一种投资 |
[00:49] | that will guide you through formal events for years to come. | 它将在未来数年里带你进入各种正式场合 |
[00:53] | Shall I go on? | 我还要继续吗 |
[00:55] | Name? | 名字 |
[00:56] | Carrie Wells, Al Burns. | 凯莉·威尔斯 艾尔·彭斯 |
[00:58] | Right here. | 就在这儿 |
[00:59] | Great. Please fill out a name tag. | 好 请填写您的名牌 |
[01:02] | You got a pen? | 你有笔吗 |
[01:03] | Uh… Sorry. | 不好意思 |
[01:04] | Someone must’ve grabbed it and run off. | 肯定被谁拿走了 |
[01:06] | Oh, well, we’re cops, we’ll find them and arrest them. | 我们是警察 我们会找出并逮捕他们的 |
[01:08] | Oh you don’t have to do that. | 不至于吧 |
[01:09] | I got it. | 我有笔 |
[01:12] | Too cool for a name tag? | 太过酷炫 用不着名牌吗 |
[01:14] | Yeah. I’m too cool for a name tag. | 没错 我酷得不需要名牌 |
[01:16] | Name tags are designed to make other people feel comfortable, | 名牌是为了给其他人行个方便 |
[01:18] | so they can come up and talk to you. | 这样他们就能过来跟你说话 |
[01:20] | I want everyone to feel really uncomfortable, | 我不想给任何人行方便 |
[01:22] | so that they don’t talk to me at all. | 这样他们就不会过来跟我说话了 |
[01:25] | Nice dress. | 裙子很漂亮 |
[01:28] | You know, you act like you don’t like these charity things | 你看上去不喜欢这种艾略特请我们参加的 |
[01:30] | Eliot invites us to, | 慈善活动 |
[01:31] | but I think secretly, you love them. | 不过我觉得你内心其实超爱的 |
[01:34] | You know what love? | 你知道我爱的是什么吗 |
[01:36] | Ooh… are these little sandwichy things. | 其实是这些小三明治之类的 |
[01:40] | Champagne? | 要香槟吗 |
[01:43] | Carrie, Al, I’m so glad you could make it. | 凯莉 艾尔 很高兴你们能来 |
[01:45] | I would like to introduce you | 我想给你们介绍一下 |
[01:46] | to my wife Shelby. | 我的妻子谢尔比 |
[01:48] | It is a pleasure to finally meet you. | 很高兴终于能见到你了 |
[01:51] | Likewise. | 我也是 |
[01:52] | Eliot’s told me so much about you. | 艾略特跟我讲过很多你们的事 |
[01:53] | All good things, I hope. | 希望都是好事 |
[01:54] | Glowing reviews. | 绝对好评 |
[01:56] | Really! | 真的吗 |
[01:56] | Shelby One of the many things I love about Shelby: | 我很喜欢谢尔比的一点就是 |
[01:58] | discretion is a quality she holds in high regard. | 她非常会说话 |
[02:02] | Well, not the only trait I’ve had to acquire | 结婚十五年 这并不是我 |
[02:04] | being married for 15 years. | 培养出的唯一优点 |
[02:06] | – Shelby and Eliot. – There he is. | -谢尔比和艾略特 -正是 |
[02:07] | Well, now the party can really begin. | 现在派对才算正式开始了 |
[02:12] | Lieutenant Al Burns. | 艾尔·彭斯队长 |
[02:13] | Detectiv Carrie Wells. | 凯莉·威尔斯警探 |
[02:15] | I’d like you to meet | 请允许我介绍 |
[02:15] | Manhattan Borough president Robert Bright. | 曼哈顿区的区长罗伯特·布莱特 |
[02:18] | Well, it’s an honor to have you. | 很荣幸你能来 |
[02:19] | Your boss and I go way back. | 你们老大跟我可是老交情了 |
[02:21] | Yeah, we were once called “Young punks” | 当年在市长办公室里 |
[02:22] | in the mayor’s office,back in the day. | 我们还被人叫做”年轻小朋克” |
[02:24] | Wow, “punk” is not a word I would associate with Eliot. | 我可没办法把”朋克”跟艾略特联系起来 |
[02:28] | I have pictures. | 我有照片哦 |
[02:29] | Where’s Saul Bennett? I haven’t seen him. | 索尔·班尼特在哪 我还没见到他 |
[02:31] | Hmm, my loyal chief of staff | 我忠心的办公室主任 |
[02:32] | is already working the floor. | 已经去工作了 |
[02:34] | It’s all hands on deck, till the primary. | 在选举开始前所有人都在忙 |
[02:36] | If I haven’t said: Bob’s running for mayor. | 如果我还没说过 鲍勃在竞选市长 |
[02:38] | Yeah, I’ve heard: “For a brighter future.” | 我听说了 “为了更好的未来” |
[02:41] | Catchy. | 朗朗上口 |
[02:41] | Couldn’t resist it, right. | 魅力不可挡吧 |
[02:43] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[02:44] | Bob– Debby Ellenson from the Times | 鲍勃 《时代周刊》的黛比·爱伦森 |
[02:46] | wants five minutes | 想做个五分钟的采访 |
[02:47] | and they’re gonna need you up on the stairs pretty soon. | 他们希望你尽快上楼 |
[02:50] | Ok. Thanks. | 好的 谢谢 |
[02:51] | So, uh, remind me to show you those photos later. | 回头记得提醒我给你看照片 |
[02:54] | Diamond stud, left ear. | 左耳还带钻石耳钉 |
[02:56] | Won’t you just go. | 你怎么还不走 |
[02:58] | It was the ’90s, all right? | 那可是九十年代 |
[03:01] | Aah, there’s O’Bannon. | 那不是奥班农吗 |
[03:02] | Um, if you’ll excuse me. | 失陪一下 |
[03:05] | Your husband can work a room, that’s for sure. | 毫无疑问 你先生能搞定所有人 |
[03:08] | Yes, he can. | 他确实可以 |
[03:10] | It was a pleasure to meet you two. | 很高兴认识你们 |
[03:12] | The reviews really are glowing; I didn’t just say that. | 他对你评价确实很高 我说实话 |
[03:17] | Way to go, Eliot. | 加油 艾略特 |
[03:23] | So, you got no one to talk to, O’Bannon? | 没人跟你说话吗 奥班农 |
[03:25] | It’s good to see you, Eliot | 见到你很高兴 艾略特 |
[03:27] | It’s been a while. | 好久不见了 |
[03:27] | I know, I know. | 我知道 我知道 |
[03:28] | Hey, I’m-I’m sorry about uh, the lunch last month, | 上个月的午餐不好意思 |
[03:31] | like, the office kind of blew up on me.. | 整个办公室都快爆炸了 |
[03:33] | Get it. You’re busy man these days. | 知道了 你最近挺忙的嘛 |
[03:35] | Yeah, yeah. You, too. | 对啊 你也是啊 |
[03:36] | How’s the campaign going? | 竞选准备得怎么样了 |
[03:37] | Is Bright totally insufferable yet? | 布莱特还没受不了吗 |
[03:41] | Long hours, lots of handshakes. | 长时间工作 不断跟人握手 |
[03:43] | He lives for it. | 他要的就是这个 |
[03:46] | As many ou know, I’m Marcia Harrison, | 很多人应该都认识我 我是玛西娅·哈里森 |
[03:48] | Co-chair for today’s event | 今晚活动的主办者之一 |
[03:51] | This organization means a great deal… | 本次活动对于纽约来说 |
[03:53] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[03:54] | to the City of New York… | 意义重大 |
[03:55] | Yeah. | 没事 |
[03:56] | I’m fine, just, uh… | 我很好 只是 |
[03:58] | Just been thinking about some stuff. | 就是在想点东西 |
[04:02] | You know what? I’ll call you. | 这样吧 我再给你打电话 |
[04:03] | We’ll catch up. | 再联系 |
[04:04] | Yeah, yeah, let’s do that. | 好 就这么说定了 |
[04:06] | Okay, enough for me. | 好了 关于我的部分就到这儿了 |
[04:08] | It’s my honor to introduce to you | 很荣幸为您介绍 |
[04:10] | My co-chair for today’s festivities, | 本次活动的联合主办者 |
[04:13] | Manhattan Borough president | 曼哈顿区区长 |
[04:14] | and currently a candidate for something, I hear… | 我听说他还在竞选什么 |
[04:18] | Mr. Robert Bright. | 罗伯特·布莱特先生 |
[04:21] | Thank you, Marcia | 谢谢 玛西娅 |
[04:21] | and thank you, all, for being here. | 也谢谢大家的到来 |
[04:23] | Listen, I’m not one to | 我不是个 |
[04:25] | count my chickens before they hatch, but… | 盲目乐观[蛋未孵先数鸡]的人 但是 |
[04:27] | Once they do hatch, | 好事如果真的发生了[鸡真的孵出来了] |
[04:28] | I do plan to ask them for their votes. | 我还打算让它们投我一票呢 |
[04:32] | Oh, where is that champagne when you need it? | 正是喝香槟的时候 怎么没送来呢 |
[04:35] | There you go. | 总算来了 |
[04:36] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[04:38] | See? All done, | 看见没 已经完事了 |
[04:39] | – and plenty of daylileft. – Yes! | -还剩大半天的时间 -太棒了 |
[04:41] | What do you want to do? | 你想干些什么 |
[04:42] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[04:42] | How about we go get some real food? | 不如我们去吃点能填饱肚子的东西吧 |
[04:44] | Pretzel dog from Monte’s? | 蒙特家的椒盐卷饼热狗怎么样 |
[04:45] | A pret… Really? | 椒盐… 真的吗 |
[04:46] | Have you seen the way I’m dressed? | 你觉得我这身能去吃那个吗 |
[04:50] | Hold that thought. | 吃饭的事一会儿再说吧 |
[04:54] | Folks, NYPD. Clear the way. | 各位 纽约警局 让开 |
[04:56] | Upstairs. Move some room, folks. | 在楼上 让点地方 |
[05:08] | That’s Dave O’Bannon. | 那是戴夫 奥班农 |
[05:33] | Okay, so, I found three wounds, | 我发现了三处伤口 |
[05:35] | two of them superficial, | 两处是轻伤 |
[05:37] | one to the left hand, one to the wrist. | 一出在左手 另一处在手腕上 |
[05:38] | Probably defending himself. | 应该是防卫伤 |
[05:40] | The one on his neck | 脖子上的那个伤口 |
[05:42] | slashed his carotid artery. | 划开了他的颈动脉 |
[05:44] | Probably would have bled out in minutes. | 几分钟内就会失血过多而亡 |
[05:46] | – Time of death? – It’s preliminary, | -死亡时间呢 -只能初步预估 |
[05:48] | but the temperature would indicate. | 但可以从尸温推断 |
[05:49] | Maybe an hour ago. | 大约一小时前吧 |
[05:50] | That would place the murder around 3:00 p.m. | 就是说凶案发生于下午三点左右 |
[05:53] | I’ll know more when I get back to the lab. | 等回到实验室我能得到更多信息 |
[05:59] | How’ he doing? | 他还好吗 |
[06:00] | Mostly on the phone with Dave’s wife. | 一直在跟戴夫的妻子通电话 |
[06:02] | Arrangements and stuff. | 做些安排什么的 |
[06:03] | The Three Amigos. | 三剑客 |
[06:05] | Dave, Eliot and Bright, | 戴夫 艾略特和布莱特 |
[06:06] | that’s what we called them back in the ’90s. | 九十年代我们都那么称呼他们三个 |
[06:08] | If you wanted anything from City Hall, | 不管你去市政厅干什么 |
[06:10] | you had to go through them. | 都得找他们 |
[06:12] | It was not fun. | 那可不是闹着玩的 |
[06:14] | I’m sorry, Detectives. | 很抱歉 警探们 |
[06:15] | Mr. Bright had to cancel his | 为了空出今晚的时间 |
[06:16] | Campaign event for tonight. | 布莱特先生得取消竞选活动 |
[06:18] | But he had some constitut meetings in his office. | 但他刚在办公室里开了几个选民会议 |
[06:20] | So, he’ll be available to talk with you ASAP. | 他会尽快抽时间跟你们谈的 |
[06:22] | Anything I can do. | 我会尽力帮忙的 |
[06:24] | This is awful. | 真是太可怕了 |
[06:25] | – Thanks. – I’ll let you know | -谢谢你 -一有发现 |
[06:27] | – as soon as I have more information. – Thank you. | -我就通知你们 -多谢 |
[06:30] | Yeah, course. | 麻烦你了 |
[06:31] | Yep. | 好 |
[06:33] | Love to the kids. | 替我向孩子们问好 |
[06:36] | It’s Gave’s wife, Gina. | 戴夫的妻子 吉娜 |
[06:37] | Their son’s in Spain, | 他们的儿子在西班牙 |
[06:38] | but their daughter Kara’s coming in from Kenyon | 女儿卡拉正从肯尼恩学员赶过来 |
[06:41] | tonight– oh, my god. | 今晚到 天呐 |
[06:42] | Shelby’s gonna be devastated. | 谢尔比肯定伤心死了 |
[06:43] | Eliot, is there anything you can tell us | 艾略特 你知道些什么 |
[06:45] | that might help us solve this? | 能帮我们破案的事吗 |
[06:47] | I-I didn’t see him that much. | 我最近没怎么见过他 |
[06:48] | I, um.. | 我… |
[06:50] | I canceled lunch last month | 上个月还无缘无故地 |
[06:52] | for no good reason. | 取消了跟他的午餐 |
[06:53] | I did talk to him, uh, before the speeches. | 讲话开始前我跟他谈了几句 |
[06:55] | He had a few, but, uh… | 他话不多 但是… |
[06:58] | that was standard operating for Dave. | 戴夫就是这样的人 |
[07:00] | He did, though, seem… | 他看上去的确… |
[07:02] | kind of preoccupied. | 心事重重的 |
[07:05] | I don’t know, 25 years, you know… | 我说不清楚 25年了 |
[07:07] | It’s, uh, he was best man at my wedding. | 他是我婚礼上的伴郎 |
[07:09] | He and Brighty flipped for it. | 他和布莱特抛硬币决定谁当伴郎的 |
[07:11] | Eliot, if you need to take some time… | 艾略特 要是你需要休息几天的话… |
[07:14] | Yeah, I don’t… | 不用 |
[07:16] | I don’t know how much good I can do here. | 我不知道我在这能有多大帮助 |
[07:18] | – I just, uh… – We’re gonna find did this. | -我只是… -我们会找出凶手的 |
[07:20] | You know that, don’t you? | 你知道的 对吗 |
[07:22] | I do. | 是的 |
[07:23] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[07:28] | Okay. Thanks. | 好的 谢谢 |
[07:30] | Hey, so, there’s no signs of forced entry… | 没有强行进入的迹象… |
[07:32] | Both the door and the lock are intact. | 门和锁都完好无损 |
[07:34] | What about hotel employees with key-cards? | 会不会是有门卡的酒店员工干的 |
[07:36] | Yeah, I already ran down anyone who would’ve | 我已经问过那些能合法进入该房间的 |
[07:38] | legitimately had access to this room. | 酒店员工了 |
[07:40] | The ones who weren’t working | 在被害人死亡的时候 |
[07:41] | the event on the roof | 那些人都不在顶楼工作 |
[07:43] | at the time of death have alibis. | 他们有不在场证明 |
[07:44] | So Dave knows his killer, lets him in? | 那么戴夫认识凶手 让他进门的吗 |
[07:46] | That’d be my guess. | 我猜是这样 |
[07:47] | All right, get whatever security footage the hotel has. | 好吧 查看酒店所有的监控录像 |
[07:50] | I want to know everyone who even walked by this room today. | 我要知道每个在今天走过这个房间的人 |
[07:52] | Okay. | 好的 |
[07:57] | Al, take look at this Sterno. | 艾尔 看看这块固体酒精 |
[07:58] | Something was burned in here. | 有什么东西烧掉了 |
[08:00] | We should have CSU bag it. | 我们应该叫犯罪现场调查小组把它带走 |
[08:02] | No sign of his keys, | 没找到钥匙 |
[08:03] | but his wallet is right here. | 但他的钱包在这 |
[08:05] | This wasn’t about money. | 不是为了钱财 |
[08:06] | Well, it was about something. | 那一定是为了某件事 |
[08:08] | There were a lot of people at the fund-raiser. | 很多人出席了募捐集会 |
[08:10] | A lot of powerful people. | 很多有权有势的人 |
[08:12] | And those powerful people are now our suspects. | 这些有权有势的人如今都是我们的嫌疑人 |
[08:16] | 为了美好的未来 投下明智的一票 | |
[08:20] | Sorry to keep you waiting. | 抱歉让你们久等了 |
[08:22] | No one can believe it. | 真是不敢相信 |
[08:24] | How’s Eliot doing? | 艾略特怎么样了 |
[08:26] | Okay, considering. | 鉴于现在的情况 就算还好 |
[08:27] | Yeah. The crazy thing is, I keep… | 让人头痛的是我得… |
[08:29] | Looking around for Dave to calm everyone. | 到处找戴夫来安抚大家 |
[08:32] | We just have a couple of questions. | 我们还有几个问题 |
[08:33] | A copy of the guest list from today’s event would be helpful. | 要是能有份今天活动的宾客名单就好了 |
[08:36] | Of course. Don, uh, could you pull a copy of the guest list | 当然 唐 能从空气净化器那儿 |
[08:39] | from the clean air thing for the dectives here? | 拿份宾客名单给警探们吗 |
[08:41] | – Sure thing. – Thanks. | -当然 -谢谢 |
[08:44] | Oh, I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[08:46] | One second. | 马上就好 |
[08:48] | Yes? | 喂 |
[08:49] | Wonderful. Just have it delivered to the house. Thank you. | 很好 送到家里就可以了 谢谢 |
[08:53] | Some ladies are even hard to give a damn about a-a rug delivery. | 有些女士连运送地毯都搞定不了 |
[08:57] | So, you had some questions. | 你想问什么 |
[08:59] | Yeah. We want to get a sense of Dave in the workplace. | 我们想知道戴夫工作中是什么样子 |
[09:02] | You know, how he was with his coworkers. | 比如他和同事关系如何 |
[09:04] | Were there any issues you might want to tell us about? | 有什么你觉得需要告诉我们的事情吗 |
[09:07] | The guy ran a very friendly ship– just… | 他和每个人关系都很好 |
[09:09] | Calm, calm, calm. | 冷静 冷静 冷静 |
[09:10] | That was his thing. | 就是他的风格 |
[09:12] | Which, you know, is surprising, given where he came from. | 考虑到他的出身 这很令人惊奇 |
[09:15] | – What do you mean? – I don’t know how much | -什么意思 -我不知道艾略特 |
[09:17] | Eliot told you about us, but we were | 告诉你们多少关于我们的事 但 |
[09:19] | kind of an unlikely trio. | 我们三人大不相同 |
[09:22] | I was upper east side all the way. | 我一直都是在上东区长大 |
[09:24] | Daon, Princeton. | 达恩 普林斯顿 |
[09:26] | Eliot got to be head by his brains, right? | 艾略特是靠头脑上位的 对吧 |
[09:28] | But Dave, he was a street kid. | 但戴夫 他一直是街头小孩 |
[09:30] | Yeah, Valentine Ave, off Grand Corse… | 情人节大街 科西嘉桥下之类 |
[09:33] | Started as an errand boy for Koch when he was 21. | 21岁起就是科赫的跟班小弟了 |
[09:35] | Eliot mentioned Dave was upset at the fund-raiser. | 艾略特提到过戴夫对募捐会不满 |
[09:37] | Do you have any idea why? | 你知道是为什么吗 |
[09:38] | Eliot said that? | 艾略特说的吗 |
[09:40] | That’s funny. | 那就有意思了 |
[09:42] | I remember thinking he was a little distracted lately, too, | 我记得他最近也有点心不在焉 |
[09:46] | Just a feeling I got, you know? | 但只是我的一种感觉而已 |
[09:48] | How these few weeks he give up a meeting | 这几周他会放弃会议 |
[09:50] | To take personal calls. | 去接私人电话 |
[09:52] | Never did that before. | 他以前从不这样 |
[09:54] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[09:56] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[09:57] | I, uh, | 我 |
[09:59] | got everyone waiting for a statement. | 大家在等着我讲话呢 |
[10:01] | So… | 所以 |
[10:03] | Thank you. We’re good for now. | 谢谢你 我们暂时问完了 |
[10:05] | Thanks, guys. | 谢谢你们 |
[10:06] | Uh, Don will get you that invite list on your way out. | 唐会在你们出去时给你们受邀宾客名单 |
[10:09] | Okay. | 好的 |
[10:12] | Dave’s wife can see us now. | 戴夫的妻子现在可以见我们了 |
[10:14] | He’s just too slick. | 他真是太圆滑了 |
[10:15] | His dear friend is murdered, | 他的好朋友几个小时前 |
[10:17] | what, a few hours ago and he’s already back here working it. | 刚刚被谋杀 而他现在就已经回来工作了 |
[10:20] | Well, someone’s got to rally the troops. | 总得有人来聚拢人心 |
[10:23] | I think we should check his alibi. | 我觉得我们需要查一下他的不在场证明 |
[10:27] | And then, this is the three of them | 这张是他们三个 |
[10:29] | with the consultant, I think, | 和顾问在一起 |
[10:31] | dedicating some memorial in the park. | 在给公园里某个纪念碑题词 |
[10:33] | God, Bob looks so young. | 鲍勃看起来真年轻 |
[10:37] | I remember Dave forgot his tie. | 我记得戴夫忘戴领带了 |
[10:39] | – Eliot lent him that one, I think. – Gina… | -这条是艾略他借他的 -吉娜 |
[10:41] | was your husband particularly upset about anything recently? | 你丈夫最近是否有什么烦心事 |
[10:44] | In his work? In his personal life? | 在工作中 或者在生活中 |
[10:46] | No. | 没有 |
[10:48] | He… He was a little down | 他是有一点消沉 |
[10:50] | with both of the kids being away, but… | 两个孩子都不在家 但是 |
[10:54] | We gonna do some traveling after the election. | 但我们本打算选举后去旅行的 |
[10:57] | Maybe even moving someplace a little warmer. | 也许会搬去个更暖和点的地方 |
[11:00] | He wasn’t planning to stay with Bright if he won? | 他没打算过如果当选要留下来和布莱特一起吗 |
[11:02] | No… | 不 |
[11:04] | The whole power thing never meant too much to Dave. | 权力从来不是戴夫所在意的东西 |
[11:08] | That’s more Bob. | 那更多是鲍勃所在意的 |
[11:09] | And Eliot. | 还有艾略特 |
[11:11] | Dave just liked helping out his friend. | 戴夫只喜欢给朋友帮忙 |
[11:13] | He thought Bright would make a good mayor. | 他觉得布莱特会成为一个好市长的 |
[11:15] | You agree? | 你也同意吗 |
[11:16] | Yeah, you know… | 当然 |
[11:19] | At that level you gotta make a lot of compromises. | 在那种高度上 你得做出许多妥协 |
[11:22] | The higher they go, the harder they get. | 走得越高越难 |
[11:25] | At least, I know Dave felt that right. | 至少我知道戴夫认为这是对的 |
[11:26] | Were there any compromises in particular that bothered him? | 有什么妥协让他特别困扰吗 |
[11:29] | No. | 没有 |
[11:31] | But I could tell something with honest mind. | 但事实上 |
[11:34] | When he was in a bad mood, | 他心情不好的时候 |
[11:37] | he would take out this map of California, | 他就会拿出加州的地图 |
[11:41] | and start looking at towns out in the desert. | 看那些远在沙漠上的小镇 |
[11:46] | I saw a lot of desert these past few weeks. | 最近几周我看到了许多沙漠 |
[11:53] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[11:55] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[11:57] | And if you think of anything else… | 如果你想到了什么其他的 |
[12:05] | I’m sorry, um, the man in… | 很抱歉 照片里 |
[12:06] | in the photo on the right-hand side, with your husband? | 在你丈夫右手边的那个人 |
[12:09] | Who-who is that? | 他是谁 |
[12:10] | Oh, Dec Mcauley. | 那是戴克·麦考利 |
[12:12] | Declan, he’s a, | 戴克兰 他是 |
[12:13] | he is a friend from back in the day. | 他是个老朋友 |
[12:15] | He and Dave hauled trash with the Brooklyn hauling association | 戴夫刚从高中辍学的时候 |
[12:18] | when Dave was just out of high school. | 他们会一起替搬运协会送垃圾 |
[12:20] | Wow, that’s rough work. | 那可是件苦差事 |
[12:21] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[12:22] | But Dave always said it was the best job he ever had. | 但戴夫总说那是他做过的最好的工作 |
[12:28] | Excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[12:30] | Dave’s sister. | 戴夫的姐姐 |
[12:34] | He was at the fund-raiser. | 他也去了募捐会 |
[12:35] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[12:37] | Doesn’t seem like his kind of thing. | 似乎不是他的风格 |
[12:38] | No. No, it doesn’t. | 不 的确不是 |
[12:42] | Declan McCauley, president of the BHA for the past two years. | 戴克兰 麦考利 搬运协会过去两年的主席 |
[12:45] | And by Brooklyn Hauling Association, | 至于我们所说的搬运协会 |
[12:47] | What we really talking about here is his Irish mob. | 其实指的是他的爱尔兰帮 |
[12:49] | Now, officially, the BHA controls | 官方上说搬运协会控制了 |
[12:51] | most of the private trash hauling contracts | 布鲁克林和布朗克斯 |
[12:53] | in Brooklyn and in Bronks. | 绝大多数的私人收垃圾合同 |
[12:54] | He wasn’t on the guest list, so what was he doing there? | 他并不在宾客名单上 他去那儿干嘛 |
[12:56] | Maybe the McCauleys are looking to get their hooks | 也许麦考利家族是想找机会 |
[12:58] | into power brokers at the event? | 在活动上认识些权力掮客 |
[13:01] | And they figure… | 然后他们发现 |
[13:02] | they could use Dave to make the introductions. | 他们可以利用戴夫来帮他们介绍 |
[13:04] | Dave O’Bannon is no friend of the mob. | 戴夫 奥班农不是那帮黑社会的朋友 |
[13:07] | As far as you know. | 就你知道的而已 |
[13:08] | – I know Dave. – Okay. | -我了解戴夫 -好吧 |
[13:09] | But, right now, a reputed mob boss | 但是 现在 一个很有名的黑社会老大 |
[13:11] | is our best lead in the investigation of his murder. | 是调查他谋杀案的最好线索 |
[13:14] | I think we should follow that lead. | 我认为我们应该跟进这个线索 |
[13:18] | Of course. You’re right. | 当然 你说的对 |
[13:25] | We’re here to talk about Dave O’Bannon. | 我们是过来谈戴夫 奥班农的事的 |
[13:27] | Heartbreaking is what that is. | 对此我感到很伤心 |
[13:28] | We’re hoping you could tell us what went on | 我们希望你能告诉我们 |
[13:30] | between betwe two of you at that fund-raiser. | 慈善会上你们俩之间发生了什么事 |
[13:32] | Nothing went on. | 没发生任何事 |
[13:34] | He invited me and I went. | 他邀请我参加 我去了 |
[13:35] | You got a copy of that invitation? | 你有邀请函的复本吗 |
[13:36] | ‘Cause you’re not on the guest list. | 因为客人名单上没有你 |
[13:37] | So, stuff falls through the cracks, I guess. | 我想是他们漏掉了吧 |
[13:40] | I’ll tell you what– I’ll look for it. | 我会去找找 |
[13:42] | You and Dave have been friendly for a number of years, | 你和戴夫是很多年的朋友了 |
[13:44] | is that right? | 对吗 |
[13:44] | Since he was a kid. | 他还是个孩子的时候就是了 |
[13:46] | Came to work for my uncle in 1986. | 1986年开始帮我叔叔工作 |
[13:48] | And you stayed in touch ever since? | 从那以后你们就一直保持联系吗 |
[13:50] | I’d see him at family things. | 家庭聚会时我们会见面 |
[13:51] | You know, talked to him at the holidays. | 节日互相通话 |
[13:52] | Stuff like that. | 类似这之类的事情 |
[13:54] | And that was it? | 仅此而已吗 |
[13:55] | You want a bite? | 你想吃吃吗 |
[13:58] | It’s tough to get a nice, dry-aged rib eye these days. | 现在很难吃到一块好的干式肉眼牛排了 |
[14:04] | You know where it’s really hard | 你知道在哪里真的很难吃到 |
[14:05] | to get a dry-aged rib eye? | 干式肉眼牛排吗 |
[14:08] | Dannema State Prison. | 丹尼玛州立监狱 |
[14:10] | Mr. McCauley, | 麦考利先生 |
[14:11] | everyone knows the Brooklyn Hauling Association | 大家都知道布鲁克林搬运协会 |
[14:14] | owns half the private trash contracts | 拥有五个区中一半的 |
[14:16] | in the five boroughs, and that you keep | 私人垃圾运输合同 而你 |
[14:17] | those contracts price down | 通过”劝服”业主 |
[14:18] | by discouraging landlords from asking for more. | 不让业主涨价 来维持低价格 |
[14:22] | Thing is, what some call “Discouraging,” | 问题是 一些人称为”劝服”的 |
[14:25] | the law calls extortion, bribery | 在法律上被称为敲诈 贿赂 |
[14:27] | and felonious assault. | 及严重暴力伤害人身罪 |
[14:29] | Now, we may look the other way, | 现在 我们也可以从另一个角度来看 |
[14:31] | because hey, somebody is picking our garbage, | 因为 总得有人帮我们收垃圾啊 |
[14:34] | but that could change very fast. | 但事情可以变化得很快 |
[14:41] | Look. | 听着 |
[14:42] | The BHA and Dave, we did things old-school. | 搬运协会和戴夫 我们之间做事老派 |
[14:45] | We had an arrangement. | 我们有个协议 |
[14:46] | I see a contract comes available in the city, | 我看到市里有可以拿的合同 |
[14:49] | I contact Dave, he makes some calls. | 我就会联系戴夫 他会打几个电话 |
[14:51] | That’s the way business has been run | 这就是这个城市已经有了 |
[14:53] | for 150 years in this city. | 150年的做生意方式 |
[14:55] | You were paying him to steal contracts your way? | 你给他钱 让他帮你拿合同吗 |
[14:57] | Paying him? | 给他钱 |
[14:59] | Right. | 对啊 |
[15:00] | O’Bannon never took a dime in his life. | 奥班农这一辈子都没拿过一分钱 |
[15:02] | I mean, not a turkey for this guy on Christmas. | 圣诞节都没给他送过一只火鸡 |
[15:05] | It wasn’t about the money. | 这不是钱的问题 |
[15:06] | It was about taking care of family, | 这是照顾家人 |
[15:08] | which is why bailing on me made no sense. | 这也是为什么说与我违约没什么意义 |
[15:10] | So he wanted out of the arragement. | 所以他想破除这个协议 |
[15:12] | He told me it was over. | 他跟我说结束了 |
[15:14] | I had to start bidding jobs public like some punk or something. | 我得像个废物一样开始公开竞标合同了 |
[15:17] | I didn’t know what was going on. | 我不知道发生了什么事 |
[15:18] | So I went there today to talk to him. | 所以我今天去那找他 |
[15:20] | I mean, I know the guy a long time. | 我认识他很久了 |
[15:23] | He was in his head going on about tough choices, | 他脑里一直在想那些困难的选择 |
[15:25] | doing the right thing. | 做正确的事 |
[15:27] | Honestly, I figured it was the booze talking, | 说实话 我猜那大概是酒话 |
[15:29] | so I heard him out and I left. | 所以我听他说完就走了 |
[15:31] | Dave was like my kid brother, | 戴夫就像我的弟弟 |
[15:33] | I’d never touch him. | 我绝对不会动他的 |
[15:35] | The fact is I got an alibi anyway. | 事实上无论如何我都有不在场证明 |
[15:37] | After I left the hotel, I went to my niece’s school. | 我离开酒店后 去了我侄子的学校 |
[15:40] | They’re doing Riverdance. | 他们在跳大河之舞 |
[15:45] | One thing, though, detectives. | 但是还有一件事 警探 |
[15:47] | If Dave O’Bannon was working other handshake arrangements | 如果戴夫 奥班农在市里还有 |
[15:50] | around town with construction, | 其他关于基建的握手协议 |
[15:53] | heat and air, whatever, | 类似供暖和空调之类的工程 |
[15:56] | and he came over all born-again virtuous like he done with me? | 而他像对我的方式一样跟他们反悔的话 |
[16:00] | I can guarantee you those folks | 我可以向你保证那些家伙 |
[16:02] | would not show similar restraint. | 不会表现同样的容忍度 |
[16:17] | Eliot. | 艾略特 |
[16:19] | Hi, Jo. | 你好 乔 |
[16:21] | I was just leaving. | 我正准备走了 |
[16:23] | Did you… | 你 |
[16:25] | find out anything new? | 找到新的线索了吗 |
[16:26] | Not really. | 没有 |
[16:28] | Except, uh, however he sustained | 只不过 他颈动脉的 |
[16:31] | that wound to his carotid is definitely what killed him. | 伤口绝对是他的死亡原因 |
[16:34] | Oh, and this might interesting. | 还有这个可能会有趣 |
[16:36] | I found makeup on Dave’s thumb | 我在戴夫的大拇指上发现了化妆品 |
[16:39] | Makeup? | 化妆品 |
[16:41] | Yeah, I don’t know what kind. | 是啊 我不知道是哪种 |
[16:43] | I’ll send it out to be analized. | 我会送去分析 |
[16:44] | They’ll figure it out. | 他们会找出是什么的 |
[16:45] | Also, I found some partial prints in the room, | 还有 我在房间里找到一些局部指纹 |
[16:48] | but there were no matches in the system. | 但在系统里没有匹配的 |
[16:50] | I, um, heard from Carrie | 我从凯莉那听说 |
[16:52] | there was some unusual substance in a can of sterno? | 在一罐固体酒精上发现一些不正常物质 |
[16:55] | That’s a long shot. | 那个发现线索的希望不大 |
[16:56] | But we sent it to the lab, | 但我们送去实验室了 |
[16:57] | see if they can retrive something. | 看看他们是否能检查到什么 |
[17:00] | He was a good man. | 他是个好人 |
[17:01] | Yeah, he was. | 是啊 他是 |
[17:04] | I’m sorry, Eloit. | 很遗憾 艾略特 |
[17:11] | I took a look at the trash-hauling deals | 我看了戴夫 奥班农退出的 |
[17:13] | Dave O’Bannon was backing out of with his pal Declan. | 跟他弟兄戴克兰间的垃圾运输协议 |
[17:16] | They’re for a couple of these skinny skyscrapers | 它们是关于建在中央公园周边的 |
[17:18] | being built around central park. | 高瘦摩天大楼的 |
[17:20] | They’re pretty controversial because they’ve been approved | 它们极具争议 因为尽管它们 |
[17:22] | despite the shadow they were gona throw across the park. | 会遮住公园的光照 但还是被批准了 |
[17:24] | There’been lot of press. | 有很多媒体报道 |
[17:26] | “Activ8NY.” | 发现纽约 |
[17:27] | I’ve never heard of it. | 我从没听说过这个 |
[17:28] | It’s an online news service focusing | 是一个在线新闻服务商专注于 |
[17:29] | mostly on muckraking in New York City. | 大多都是揭发纽约名人丑闻的 |
[17:32] | They’ve been running a series of critical articles | 他们在连载一个批评这些 |
[17:35] | on all these buildings. | 建筑的连载 |
[17:36] | Uh, cost overruns, | 成本超支 |
[17:37] | union corruptions, falsified | 工会腐败 做假账 |
[17:39] | – environmental records. – Wait a second. | -还有环境检测记录 -等等 |
[17:41] | That woman. | 那个女人 |
[17:43] | Champagne? | 要香槟吗 |
[17:47] | Pam Lisotta. I know her. | 帕姆·里索塔 我知道她 |
[17:49] | That’s a pretty obscure blog. | 这个博客不怎么出名啊 |
[17:51] | No, she was at the fund-raiser. | 不 她也去了募捐集会 |
[17:52] | She was waitressing. | 她是服务员 |
[17:54] | Well, maybe it’s a second job. | 也许是她的兼职吧 |
[17:55] | I mean, how much money can you make | 因为做政治博客 |
[17:56] | working for a political blog? | 赚不了多少钱啊 |
[17:57] | No, I read the staff list | 我看了布莱特给我们的 |
[17:59] | that Bright gave us. | 职员名单 |
[18:00] | There was no Pam Lisotta on that list. | 上面可没有帕姆·里索塔 |
[18:03] | She must’ve come in under a different name. | 她肯定没用自己的名字 |
[18:05] | The question is why? | 问题是为什么 |
[18:11] | Fine, I used a friend’s I.D. | 好吧 为了进集会我用了一个 |
[18:12] | who caters at the Filmont to get into the event. | 在费尔蒙特办餐饮的朋友的身份证 |
[18:15] | Dave O’Bannon’s phone records indicate seven incoming calls | 戴夫 奥班农的电话记录显示有七条 |
[18:17] | all from an unknown burner cell. | 来自一个一次性手机的陌生来电 |
[18:19] | Do you want to save us the time of | 你直接交代吧 |
[18:20] | linking that phone to you? | 省的我们证明那电话是你的 |
[18:22] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[18:23] | I was trying to get to him, that’s true. | 我是给他打电话了 没错 |
[18:25] | It-it was for a series I’m writing. | 为了我写的一篇连载的事 |
[18:27] | On the skyscrapers around central park? | 关于中央公园附近那几栋摩天大楼的连载 |
[18:29] | I believe the process of awarding building rights | 我认为大楼的建设竞标中 |
[18:31] | is being short-circuited. | 有暗箱操作 |
[18:32] | Someone in city government is taking money | 市政府中有人拿了开发商的钱 |
[18:34] | from developers to award construction deals. | 故意篡改竞标结果 |
[18:36] | And one of Bright’s duties as Manhattan borough president | 而布莱特作为曼哈顿区长 |
[18:39] | is to oversee the awarding of major construction contracts. | 他的工作就包括监督市区重点建设项目 |
[18:42] | You bet it is. One of Bright’s major donors, | 就是 布莱特的一位捐助者 |
[18:44] | Marcia Harrison, just happens to be in line | 玛西娅·哈里森 刚好就 |
[18:46] | for several of those deals. | 参加了其中的多项竞标 |
[18:47] | So you think Bright’s using his influence | 你认为布莱特滥用了自己的区长职权 |
[18:49] | as borough president to throw contracts her way? | 好让她拿到这些合同吗 |
[18:51] | And in exchange, she makes significant contributions | 作为交换 她会拿出巨资 |
[18:54] | to Bright’s mayoral campaign. | 帮助布莱特的市长竞选 |
[18:56] | The problem is I had no proof. | 问题是我没有确凿证据 |
[18:57] | I needed a money trail, smoking gun. | 我需要找到资金链 确切的罪证 |
[19:00] | I thought Dave O’Bannon might have one. | 我觉得戴夫 奥班农可能有 |
[19:01] | Hold on, Dave was actively working to get Bright elected. | 等等 戴夫的工作是帮助布莱特当选 |
[19:04] | Why would he help you? | 他为什么会帮你 |
[19:05] | At first, he wouldn’t. | 刚开始他决绝了 |
[19:06] | But I finally got him to look around | 但我最终说服了他 |
[19:07] | a little on his own. | 想清楚了立场 |
[19:09] | When he called back, he seemed shocked. | 他给我回电时 好像很害怕 |
[19:11] | He said he’d found something, | 他说他找到了点 |
[19:12] | he was willing to share it with me. | 他打算给我的消息 |
[19:13] | He sent me a text. | 他给我发了条短信 |
[19:14] | Well, burn note. | 但是一次性的短信 |
[19:16] | I took a screen shot. | 我留了个屏幕截图 |
[19:19] | “Tomorrow, 10:00 A.M., Penn Station. | 明早十点 宾州车站 |
[19:21] | I’ll have what you need.” | 我会把你想要的拿来 |
[19:22] | But then… | 但之后 |
[19:24] | I think he lost his nerve | 我想他是胆怯了 |
[19:25] | because he stopped returning my phone calls. | 因为他不再接我的电话了 |
[19:27] | So, you snuck into the fund-raiser to confront him? | 所以你溜进了募捐会想当面问他 |
[19:30] | Yeah. But I never had the chance. | 是 但我没来得及问 |
[19:31] | How do we know | 我们怎么知道 |
[19:33] | that once Dave stopped cooperating, | 戴夫拒绝合作后 |
[19:34] | you didn’t just goto his room and make it? | 你没有直接去他房间强迫他交出来呢 |
[19:36] | I worked the whole party. There was a supervisor | 整个派对上我都在工作 有个 |
[19:38] | from hell who wouldn’t let me out of his sight. | 倒霉的主管一直盯着我呢 |
[19:40] | You can talk to him. | 你们可以去问他 |
[19:40] | I was loading out | 警察发现戴夫的尸体时 |
[19:42] | when the cops found Dave’s body. | 我正在卸货呢 |
[19:46] | So, maybe Marcia Harrison got wind | 也许是玛西娅·哈里森听说了 |
[19:48] | that Dave was gonna blow the whistle on that whole | 戴夫想要揭发她和罗伯特·布莱特 |
[19:50] | cash for contract scheme she was running with Robert Bright? | 拿钱买合同的阴谋 |
[19:52] | Well, it’s a motive. | 这是个动机 |
[19:55] | Plus, she was at the fund-raiser, | 而且她也去了募捐会 |
[19:56] | so she had access to Dave’s hotel room. | 所以她有机会去戴夫的旅馆房间 |
[19:58] | Hold on– we’re talking about accusing | 等等 我们是要指控 |
[20:00] | one of the top real estate developers in this city | 本市的一个顶级房地产开发商行贿 |
[20:02] | of fraud and possibly murder? | 而且很可能还有谋杀罪 |
[20:04] | Not to mention implicating the man | 更不要说还卷入了 |
[20:05] | who maybe the next mayor of New York. | 可能成为纽约下任市长的人 |
[20:07] | We need more than just the word of a blogger. | 我们需要一个比博主的话更牢靠的证据 |
[20:09] | There’s nothing on Dave’s work computers. | 戴夫的工作电脑上什么也没有 |
[20:11] | But I say we find whatever he was gonna hand over | 但我想如果我们能找到他今天 |
[20:13] | to Lisotta today at Penn Station, | 打算在宾州车站交给里索塔的东西 |
[20:15] | we got our proof. | 那就能当证据 |
[20:16] | Maybe ‘s still at Penn Station in a locker. | 也许那东西还在宾州车站的储物柜呢 |
[20:19] | His keys were missing. | 他的钥匙不见了 |
[20:21] | No sign of his keys. His wallet is right here. | 没有他的钥匙 钱包还在 |
[20:24] | This wasn’t about money. | 不是图钱 |
[20:31] | Is there a storage locker near penn station | 宾州车站附近有没有什么 |
[20:34] | that has the word “Pete” in it? | 名字里有皮特的储物店 |
[20:35] | Don’t know | 不确定是什么 |
[20:36] | Pete’s Storage, Pete’s… something. | 皮特仓储 皮特什么 |
[20:40] | Bingo! Pete’s Storage and Packing. | 有了 皮特仓储包装店 |
[20:42] | It’s on 36th street between 8th and 9th. | 36大街上 八大道和九大道之间 |
[20:45] | Yes! | 棒 |
[20:48] | No, we got cameras that cover the cashier, | 不 我们有覆盖收银机的监控 |
[20:50] | But not back here — it’s not that kind of place. | 但是后面 我们不是那样的地方 |
[20:52] | What kind of place is it? | 那你们是什么样的地方 |
[20:54] | Look, honest, | 说老实话 |
[20:55] | in t property retention business, | 干物品保存这行 |
[20:57] | you get what you pay for. | 一分价钱一分货 |
[20:58] | Hey, you getting evicted tomorrow, | 你明天要被赶出去了 |
[21:00] | you need a place to store your crap? | 没地方放你那些垃圾 |
[21:01] | You come to me. But Fort Knox we’re not. | 我可以帮你保存 但我们不是诺克斯堡 |
[21:03] | and if you could afford Fort Knox, | 你要能付得起诺克斯堡的价钱 |
[21:04] | you wouldn’t be getting evicted, right? | 也不会被赶出去了不是吗 |
[21:06] | So, what kind of security do you have in this place? | 那你们这儿有什么样的保安措施 |
[21:08] | Well, our clients get a code to get in the hallway | 客人会有一个进大门的密码 |
[21:10] | and a lock for the unit — that’s about it. | 和柜子上的一把锁 没了 |
[21:12] | I would say the system is fairly secure. | 我觉得这个系统还是比较安全的 |
[21:15] | With an emphasis on “Fairly.” | 比较这个词用的很准确 |
[21:21] | No luck on the storage locker, I hear? | 我听说拿走储物柜里东西的人还没找到 |
[21:23] | Nope. But I’m reviewing exterior security footage from the area, | 没有 但我在检查那附近的监控录像 |
[21:26] | hoping someone familiar pops up. | 希望能看到有熟人出现 |
[21:28] | You get any results back on the makeup | 你拿到韦伯斯特在尸体上 |
[21:30] | Webster found on the body? | 发现的化妆品的检验结果了吗 |
[21:31] | Oh, yeah. As a matter of fact, | 拿到了 其实是 |
[21:33] | some fancy French stuff called JYB. | 某种叫JYB的法国奢侈品牌 |
[21:35] | Cost 500 bucks an ounce or something. | 每盎司五百块 |
[21:38] | Belgium. | 比利时 |
[21:39] | Huh? | 什么 |
[21:40] | JYB, it’s from Belgium. | JYB是比利时的牌子 |
[21:43] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[21:44] | So, we know someone entered the hallway at Pete’s Storage | 我们知道有人在下午五点十二分时 |
[21:47] | using the key code at 5:12 P.M. | 用密码打开了皮特仓储的大门 |
[21:50] | They cleared out Dave’s locker. | 他们清空了戴夫的储物柜 |
[21:51] | There wasn’t even anyone else in the building on Sunday. | 周日那楼里一个人都没有 |
[21:53] | And whatever was in that locker | 那个储物柜里的东西 |
[21:54] | has got to implicate Bright. | 肯定跟布莱特有关 |
[21:56] | Al, do you have a second? | 艾尔 借一步说话 |
[21:58] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[22:01] | Listen, I know I said I was gonna stay out of this, | 听着 我是说过不管这事 |
[22:02] | but this is all pretty thin, isn’t it? | 但这证据也太少了吧 |
[22:04] | No, I don’t think so. | 我不觉得 |
[22:06] | We know Dave was gonna turn over documents, | 我们知道戴夫要上交文件 |
[22:07] | and we know the documents were taken from Dave’s locker. | 而这文件现在被人从他的储物柜里拿走了 |
[22:10] | Actually, we don’t, strictly speaking, know any of that. | 事实上 严格来讲这些都只是推断而已 |
[22:13] | For the sake of your career and for the careers | 为了保住你还有这组里 |
[22:15] | of everyone in this section, | 其他所有人的饭碗 |
[22:18] | if you plan on accusing David O’Bannon, | 如果你真打算指控戴夫·奥班农 |
[22:19] | Robert Bright and Marcia Harrison of being involved | 罗伯特·布莱特和玛西娅·哈里森 |
[22:21] | in a scandal of this magnitude, | 牵涉到如此严重的丑闻 |
[22:24] | you’re gonna need a lot more than an online blogger | 光有个网络博客 |
[22:26] | and an empty locker. | 和清空的储物柜是不够的 |
[22:28] | A lot more. | 远远不够 |
[22:30] | You guys got to see this. | 快来看这个 |
[22:32] | …You can imagine my distress | 你能想象当区长办公室的一员 |
[22:34] | when Mr. O’bannon, | 奥班农先生向我提出 |
[22:36] | a member of the Borough President’s office, | 如果我赞助罗伯特·布莱特的选举 |
[22:38] | approached me offering to procure building contracts | 便会帮我拿下建筑合同时 |
[22:41] | for me if I would contribute to Robert Bright’s campaign. | 我有多苦恼 |
[22:45] | He told me that the Borough President himself | 他告诉我区长本身 |
[22:48] | was not aware of this offer, but that if I agreed, | 对此并不知情 但如果我同意了 |
[22:51] | he would raise the plan with him. | 他会把这个计划向区长坦白 |
[22:53] | I, of course, told Mr. O’bannon I would have no part of it | 我当然拒绝了奥班农先生 |
[22:57] | and immediately contacted Bob Bright. Bob? | 并立即联系了鲍勃·布莱特 鲍勃 |
[23:01] | Dave O’bannon was a longtime friend | 戴夫·奥班农是我的一位老朋友 |
[23:03] | and, as Ms. Harrison mentioned, a trusted aide. | 并且如哈里森女士所说 也是一位亲信 |
[23:07] | But after my own internal investigation, | 但在我内部调查后 |
[23:08] | it appears that he was attempting to sell the power | 发现他曾试图变卖权利 |
[23:13] | and influence of my office for money. | 并接受贿赂替人办事 |
[23:16] | I want to assure the people of New York | 我想向纽约人民保证 |
[23:17] | that Dave O’bannon was doing so on his own, | 戴夫·奥班农做的事都是他的个人行为 |
[23:21] | and for his own good. | 而且是为了他自己的利益 |
[23:22] | I welcome a full investigation by the Manhattan DA | 我欢迎曼哈顿地检对此事 |
[23:24] | into this matter, but, for now, I’m… | 进行彻底调查 但目前而言 我 |
[23:28] | I’m heartbroken by this betrayal. | 我对他的背叛感到悲痛 |
[23:41] | You’re a jackass, you know that? | 你是个混蛋 你知道吗 |
[23:42] | – Eliot… – How could you sell Dave out? | -艾略特 -你怎么能出卖戴夫 |
[23:44] | You know he couldn’t possibly have done what you said. | 你清楚他不可能做过你说的那些事 |
[23:47] | Okay, you think I want to believe it? | 你以为我愿意相信的吗 |
[23:49] | He was our friend, Eliot. | 他是我们的朋友 艾略特 |
[23:51] | I-I looked after him, I took him with me for years. | 我照顾他 我提携着他好多年 |
[23:54] | You took him? He… | 你提携他 他 |
[23:55] | He brought you up, he made you. | 你是他培养和造就的 |
[23:57] | Yeah, well… | 的确 但 |
[23:59] | I’ve been carrying him for the last 18 months. | 过去的十八个月都是我在提携他 |
[24:01] | Something was going on. | 发生了一些事 |
[24:03] | You would’ve known if you’d checked in on him from time to time. | 如果你经常看看他的话你就会知道了 |
[24:06] | He was dirty. | 他贪污了 |
[24:08] | There’s evidence. Lots of evidence. | 有证据 证据确凿 |
[24:09] | Your guys would’ve found it. | 你的手下会找到的 |
[24:11] | What would you do in my position? | 你是我的话能怎么办 |
[24:13] | I would’ve made damn sure I was right before I went public. | 我百分百确定了才会公之于众 |
[24:16] | I am sure. | 我很确定 |
[24:18] | Look, we always knew Dave was street. | 我们一直都知道戴夫来自贫民区 |
[24:21] | We dressed him up, he looked the part, | 我们把他改造得像模像样 |
[24:22] | but deep down, who knows? | 但内心深处 谁知道呢 |
[24:24] | Sometimes people just go back | 有时人会 |
[24:26] | – to being who they are. – Bob. | -回归本我 -鲍勃 |
[24:28] | – We really are running behind. – All right. | -我们真的要晚了 -知道了 |
[24:32] | I’m sorry, Eliot. | 对不起 艾略特 |
[24:41] | What’d you get from Marcia Harrison? | 玛西娅·哈里森都上交了什么 |
[24:42] | She handed over everything. | 她什么都交了 |
[24:44] | Full access to her financials, independent audit | 财务记录所有访问权限 所有交易的 |
[24:46] | of all her dealings, complete calendar. | 独立审计记录和完整的日程表 |
[24:48] | She was upstairs at the time of O’Bannon’s murder. | 奥班农被杀时她在楼上 |
[24:51] | She couldn’t be cleaner. | 她绝对清白 |
[24:52] | Bright, too. Turned over his financials | 还有布莱特 交出了他的财务记录 |
[24:53] | and his alibi is airtight. | 而且他的不在场证明也核实了 |
[24:55] | Okay, we know | 好的 我们知道 |
[24:55] | Dave O’Bannon was involved in some kind of corruption. | 戴夫·奥班农牵涉到了某件贪污案 |
[24:58] | Lisotta says he was trying to come clean. | 里索塔说他想要退出 |
[24:59] | And someone didn’t want that. | 但有人不愿意 |
[25:01] | Same person who knew about the locker. | 这个人还知道储物柜 |
[25:03] | I want the names of everyone Dave O’Bannon | 我想要知道所有在过去几周内 |
[25:04] | had contact with in the last few weeks | 在戴夫·奥班农被杀之前 |
[25:06] | leading up to his murder. I’m guessing | 与他联系过的人 我猜 |
[25:08] | our killer’s in that group. Names, Jay. | 凶手就在其中 所有名字 杰 |
[25:10] | I’m on it, boss. | 我这就去查 头儿 |
[25:15] | You get very far tracking O’Bannon? | 你查奥班农的行踪查得还挺广的 |
[25:17] | I’m combing through closed circuit footage, | 我在排查所有的闭路录像 |
[25:19] | trying to fill in the last month of his life… | 试图拼凑出他上个月的生活 |
[25:21] | restaurants, clubs. | 包括餐厅 酒吧 |
[25:22] | Traced a credit card receipt last week to this place. | 信用卡凭条显示他上星期来过这个地方 |
[25:26] | Jeffrey’s, over on 49th st. | 杰弗里 就在49街上 |
[25:27] | – Yeah, I know it. – Looks like we got nothing | -我知道 -没看到 |
[25:28] | on O’Bannon going inside, | 奥班农进去 |
[25:30] | but maybe he entered through the back. | 但可能他是从后门进去的 |
[25:32] | Now, that’s the time from the receipt. | 现在正是他刷卡的时候 |
[25:35] | I’m waiting to see if there’s anybody | 我在等着看有没有 |
[25:36] | who has ties to the skyscrapers | 跟摩天大楼或 |
[25:38] | or the trash contracts who might have been going in or out. | 垃圾合同有关系的人进出 |
[25:41] | – Can you… – So far, I got nothing. | -你能 -目前为止 我毫无发现 |
[25:42] | Can you widen out right there, at the curb? | 你能放大那里吗 路边那块 |
[25:45] | – The car? – Yeah. Yeah. | -车那里吗 -没错 |
[25:48] | Holy smokes, that’s a classic. | 天呐 这车可是个经典款 |
[25:49] | They stopped making ’em in ’74. | 他们从74年开始就停产了 |
[25:50] | See? I told you, boss… | 看到没 我跟你说 头儿 |
[25:51] | Disco killed everything. | 迪斯科毁世界 |
[25:53] | You want to take a look at the plate? | 你要看车牌号吗 |
[25:54] | – I can enhance it. – No, no, thanks. | -我可以放大 -不用了 谢谢 |
[25:57] | I’m all right. | 我没事 |
[25:57] | 外部登陆 艾·戴尔森 | |
[26:02] | Hey, Al, you got a minute? | 艾尔 你有空吗 |
[26:04] | Look, I, uh… I don’t know | 我 我不知道 |
[26:06] | what to do about this thing. | 怎么处理这件事 |
[26:08] | What’s the matter? | 什么事 |
[26:09] | Look, I totally get why Eliot’s | 我完全明白艾略特为什么 |
[26:11] | really invested in this particular case, | 要亲自参与调查这件案子 |
[26:13] | but I just found out he logged into my computer | 但我刚发现他通过一个秘密程序 |
[26:15] | through a back-door program and downloaded | 登陆我的电脑 下载了 |
[26:17] | all the files relate to the O’Bannon case. | 奥班农案件有关的所有文件 |
[26:20] | I know he’s our boss, but… | 我知道他是我们的头儿 但是 |
[26:22] | seems kind of weird, right? | 有点奇怪 对吗 |
[26:23] | – Yeah, it does. – And there’s a couple other things, | -是挺奇怪 -还有别的事 |
[26:25] | you know questions he’s been asking. I mean… | 他问的那些问题 我的意思是 |
[26:28] | is there something going on I should know about? | 是不是有些事没告诉我 |
[26:31] | I sure hope not. | 我希望没有 |
[26:43] | Eliot. | 艾略特 |
[26:44] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[26:46] | Jay just told me about the files. | 杰把文件的事告诉我了 |
[26:47] | Easy, Burns, it’s nothing. | 别紧张 彭斯 没什么 |
[26:49] | I just thought it would be best | 我就是觉得这事我最好 |
[26:50] | if I kept a low profile on this. | 还是低调一点 |
[26:51] | Low profile? Given your personal involvement here, | 低调 鉴于你个人跟这件案子的瓜葛 |
[26:54] | you should have no profile. | 你一点都不该插手 |
[26:55] | This isn’t about you. | 这跟你无关 |
[26:57] | It is not about the investigation. | 跟案件调查无关 |
[27:00] | It is a personal matter. | 这是私事 |
[27:01] | If it’s about Dave O’Bannon, | 如果这跟戴夫·奥班农有关 |
[27:02] | it is about the investigation. | 它就跟调查有关 |
[27:06] | Are you covering for him? | 你在包庇他吗 |
[27:07] | Covering for…? | 包庇 |
[27:13] | Al, Dave was… | 艾尔 戴夫 |
[27:14] | having an affair with my wife. | 跟我妻子搞外遇 |
[27:16] | – What?! – Yeah. | -什么 -是的 |
[27:18] | That little patch of makeup Webster found on him? | 韦伯斯特在他身上发现的少量化妆品 |
[27:21] | That $500-an-ounce one? | 每盎司五百美金的那个 |
[27:23] | The reason I know it’s from Belgium | 我知道它来自比利时 |
[27:25] | is because I bought it for Shelby | 是因为上次我在布鲁塞尔 |
[27:27] | the last time I was in Brussels. | 买了它送给谢尔比 |
[27:30] | That doesn’t prove anything. | 这并不能证明什么 |
[27:31] | It’s an exclusive brand. | 这是个奢侈品牌 |
[27:33] | It’s not even sold in the U.S. | 美国都没卖的 |
[27:35] | Then I see her car parked outside | 然后我看到她的车停在 |
[27:37] | of a restaurant that I know Dave’s eating in. | 戴夫吃饭的餐厅外 |
[27:40] | They’re friends, they’re having lunch… | 他们是朋友 一起吃个饭… |
[27:41] | Well, he came in the back door. | 他从后门进去的 |
[27:42] | He probably left the same way. | 可能原路返回的 |
[27:44] | It’s funny, huh? | 很可笑 是吧 |
[27:46] | The Aspen Conference last March. | 三月份的阿斯彭会议 |
[27:49] | Shelby was presenting for her environmental do-gooder group. | 谢尔比代表她的改善环境组出席 |
[27:53] | She stays at the Twelve Tree– | 她住在十二棵树 |
[27:55] | that sour little hotel in the woods? | 森林里那个穷酸的小旅馆 |
[27:59] | Dave O’Bannon had a room three doors down. | 戴夫·奥班农的房间在隔壁第三个 |
[28:02] | And on and on and wearily on, it goes. | 还有这个那个这个 数不尽 |
[28:06] | Receipts of Dave’s that Jay’s been tracking, | 杰追踪到戴夫的收据 |
[28:09] | they match times Shelby told me she was… | 都与谢尔比跟我说她要 |
[28:12] | meeting friends or getting her hair done or all the… | 见朋友或者做头发或者别的正常借口 |
[28:16] | usual excuses. | 时间相符 |
[28:20] | Eliot. | 艾略特 |
[28:23] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[28:26] | Well, she’ll have information | 她会知道奥班农的 |
[28:28] | on O’Bannon’s state of mind. | 心理状态 |
[28:29] | Maybe he bared his soul | 也许他把自己的感情 |
[28:31] | along with everything else. | 和别的东西一起坦露了 |
[28:33] | I suppose you’ll need to talk to her. | 我想你需要跟她谈谈 |
[28:37] | I think you need to talk to her. | 我觉得你需要跟她谈谈 |
[28:48] | You wouldn’t understand. | 你不会明白 |
[28:50] | What don’t I understand? Come on, Shelby. | 我不明白什么 拜托 谢尔比 |
[28:52] | Lay it on me. What possible reason | 责任都算我的 我给了你 |
[28:55] | could I have given you for having an affair | 什么合理的理由 让你 |
[28:58] | with one of my closest friends? | 跟我最好的朋友搞外遇 |
[28:59] | I never slept with Dave. | 我从未跟戴夫上过床 |
[29:01] | Aspen? Hmm? | 阿斯彭 |
[29:04] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[29:05] | I know about Aspen. | 我知道阿斯彭 |
[29:07] | I… Dave just… he happened to be there. | 我 戴夫只不过 他刚好在那 |
[29:09] | And I’m glad he was. | 我很高兴他在那 |
[29:11] | Secret rendezvous at Jeffrey’s? | 杰弗里的秘密约会 |
[29:12] | – We had drinks. – How did your makeup | -我们一起喝酒 -那你的化妆品 |
[29:15] | get on his hand? | 怎么会跑到他手上 |
[29:17] | We found it. | 我们发现了 |
[29:18] | It’s a little forensic thing we do. | 我们就稍微做了个司法鉴定 |
[29:21] | This is why, you know. | 这就是原因 |
[29:27] | We don’t know each other anymore, Eliot. | 我们不再了解对方 艾略特 |
[29:31] | I mean, you don’t know me. | 你不了解我 |
[29:32] | No, I don’t. | 不 我不了解 |
[29:34] | Fine, what… you… | 好吧 你 想 |
[29:36] | want us to go back to Sharon? | 想一起去找莎伦吗 |
[29:37] | Because I’m pretty sure she’s gonna say | 因为我能肯定她会说 |
[29:39] | cheating on your husband is not the way to… | 背叛你的丈夫不是解决… |
[29:41] | I never slept with Dave! | 我从未跟戴夫上过床 |
[29:46] | That afternoon, at the fund-raiser… | 那天下午 在募捐会上 |
[29:49] | I, uh… | 我 |
[29:50] | I went early to talk to him. | 我提前过去跟他聊天 |
[29:53] | I had made up my mind to leave you. | 我下定了决心要离开你 |
[29:58] | I cried, but I knew I had to do it. | 我哭了 但我知道我必须这么做 |
[30:04] | Dave talked me out of it. | 戴夫说服了我 |
[30:09] | He took my face in his hands… | 他用手捧着我的脸 |
[30:14] | and told me what a loving, | 告诉我 你是一个 |
[30:16] | wonderful man you are. | 多么痴情的好男人 |
[30:19] | And that you deserved a second chance. | 所以你值得我再给你一次机会 |
[30:31] | So… | 所以 |
[30:33] | there’s your answer to the little… | 这就是你那司法鉴定的 |
[30:36] | forensic thing. | 答案 |
[30:42] | What’s my answer? | 我的答案是什么 |
[30:45] | That’s what I want to know. | 那是我想知道的 |
[30:57] | She never spoke with Dave about his business dealings or | 至于戴夫的商业交易或者别的事 |
[31:00] | anything else, for that matter. | 他都没跟她说过 |
[31:02] | I guess he was just a shoulder to cry on. | 我想他只是安慰她一下 |
[31:04] | Eliot, I’m sorry. | 艾略特 我很抱歉 |
[31:05] | Yeah, me too. | 我也是 |
[31:07] | Hey, boss, uh, | 头儿 |
[31:09] | is this a bad time? | 现在方便吗 |
[31:10] | It’s terrible. Come in. | 不太方便 进来吧 |
[31:12] | Okay. I got the analysis back of the ash | 我拿回了在犯罪现场酒精罐里的 |
[31:14] | of the sterno can, from the crime scene. | 灰烬分析报告 |
[31:16] | Turns out it was a piece of paper. | 检测出那是一张纸 |
[31:18] | We also found some adhesive and some ink. | 还发现了些黏合剂和墨水 |
[31:21] | Sticker of some kind. | 应该是某种贴纸吧 |
[31:28] | Like from a name tag you might wear at, say, a fundraiser? | 就像在募捐会上胸前贴的那种名牌吗 |
[31:32] | Could be. Sure. | 很有可能 |
[31:34] | Excuse me. | 打扰一下 |
[31:35] | Bob, Debby Ellenson just wants five minutes, | 鲍勃 黛比·爱伦森只想占用你五分钟 |
[31:37] | and they’re gonna need you up on the dais. | 之后你就得上台了 |
[31:40] | I’m sorry, Detectives. | 很抱歉 警探们 |
[31:41] | Mr. Bright had to cancel | 为了空出今晚的时间 |
[31:42] | a campaign event for tonight. | 布莱特先生得取消竞选活动 |
[31:45] | But he had some constituent meetings at the office, | 但他刚在办公室里开了几个选民会议 |
[31:48] | so he’ll be available… | 他会尽快抽时间… |
[31:54] | It was a name tag. | 那就是张名牌 |
[31:55] | Bright’s aide, Amanda Temple. | 是布莱特的助手阿曼达·坦普尔的 |
[31:57] | She had one name tag on before Dave was murdered | 她在戴夫被害前贴了一张 |
[32:01] | and a completely different one after. | 之后换了一张完全不同的 |
[32:02] | What do we know about her? | 我们对她了解多少 |
[32:04] | Campaign advisor Bright brought in from Chicago. | 她是布莱特从芝加哥请来的竞选顾问 |
[32:06] | Fixer type. | 善于处理突发事件 |
[32:07] | Reputation for hardball. | 以手段强硬著称 |
[32:08] | So to protect Bright, | 所以为了保护布莱特 |
[32:10] | she plays hardball, she kills Dave, | 她下了狠手 杀了戴夫 |
[32:12] | then she realizes she lost her name tag, | 之后发现自己的名牌不见了 |
[32:14] | makes herself a new one. | 就写了一张新的 |
[32:15] | Jay, did the analysis indicate | 杰 分析结果里提到了 |
[32:17] | what kind of ink was used on that name tag? | 那张名牌上的是哪种墨水吗 |
[32:19] | Yeah. It’s, uh… ink’s from a fountain pen. | 提到了 是钢笔的墨水 |
[32:22] | Something fancy called a Montegrappa. | 万特佳牌的高级钢笔 |
[32:25] | I think I’m saying it right. | 我没念错吧 |
[32:38] | I’m sorry. What are you doing? | 不好意思 你在做什么 |
[32:40] | Oh, hi, Amanda. | 你好 阿曼达 |
[32:42] | Is this your car? | 这是你的车吗 |
[32:43] | Yes. What is this, Detective? | 是我的 你这是干什么 警探 |
[32:45] | Illinois plates. | 伊利诺伊州的车牌 |
[32:46] | You’ve been in the state for over six months, | 你已经来这里超过六个月了 |
[32:48] | and you should’ve gotten new plates by now. | 现在该换新车牌了 |
[32:50] | You have to be kidding me. | 你开玩笑呢吧 |
[32:52] | What, they have you handing out tickets now? | 怎么 他们现在派你来开罚单了吗 |
[32:54] | It’s, like, budget cuts, you know? | 现在削减预算嘛 你懂得 |
[32:59] | Here we go. | 给你 |
[32:59] | Sign this, please. | 请你签个名 |
[33:04] | – Can I have the pen? – I’m sorry. | -能把笔借我吗 -抱歉 |
[33:05] | Don’t take it personally. | 我不是针对你 |
[33:06] | It’s just that I loan people my pens to sign these. | 只是我把笔借给别人签罚单 |
[33:08] | I’ve lost, like, 100. | 害我丢了差不多一百根笔了 |
[33:09] | I got to draw the line somewhere, you know? | 我必须得立场坚定 |
[33:10] | Fine. Whatever. | 好吧 没关系 |
[33:14] | Wow. Is-is that a Montegrappa? | 那是万特佳的笔吗 |
[33:16] | – Yeah. – You know, | -是啊 -要知道 |
[33:18] | they make their own ink for their pens. | 这个牌子的笔 墨水也是特制的 |
[33:20] | Very unique. | 独一无二 |
[33:21] | Great. Thanks for the education. | 好的 多谢你告诉我这些 |
[33:24] | We done here? | 完事了吗 |
[33:25] | No. | 没有 |
[33:26] | We’re just beginning. | 这才刚刚开始 |
[33:31] | The ink from your pen is a perfect match | 你笔里的墨水与物证上的墨迹 |
[33:34] | to the sample we have in evidence. | 完全吻合 |
[33:37] | Doesn’t conclusively place me in the hotel room. | 那也不能断定我去过那个房间啊 |
[33:40] | Once we checked your prints against the partials | 只要我们把你的指纹与采集到的指纹 |
[33:41] | we picked up, it got pretty conclusive. | 进行比对 就能断定了 |
[33:44] | Plus, the cut to Dave’s throat was messy. | 而且 戴夫脖子上的刀痕很不整齐 |
[33:46] | My guess is, once we test your clothes for blood… | 我猜只要检测你的衣服上有没有血迹 |
[33:49] | – I wasn’t… – There’s a big difference | -我没去过 -谋杀与过失杀人 |
[33:50] | between murder one and manslaughter, Amanda. | 区别是相当大的 阿曼达 |
[33:53] | We know you killed him. Help me out here, | 我们知道是你杀了他 你向我坦白 |
[33:57] | so I can help you. | 我才能帮你 |
[34:03] | It was an accident. | 那是个意外 |
[34:05] | I didn’t go there to hurt him. | 我没想去伤害他 |
[34:07] | Things, they just got out of hand, I swear. | 情况突然就失控了 我发誓 |
[34:10] | What happened? | 发生了什么 |
[34:11] | O’Bannon and I set everything up. | 我和奥班农安排好了一切 |
[34:13] | We were going to approach Marcia Harrison. | 我们正要去找玛西娅·哈里森 |
[34:15] | And then he just changed his mind. | 可他突然改了主意 |
[34:17] | So you go to his room at the hotel | 所以你就去他的房间找他 |
[34:19] | – to change it back. – Yes. | -劝他回心转意 -没错 |
[34:20] | But he was furious and… | 但他大发雷霆还有 |
[34:23] | he’d been drinking and… | 他喝了不少酒 |
[34:25] | said that I was what was wrong with politics today. | 还说政界腐败都怪我这种人 |
[34:28] | Told me he’d been talking to some reporter. | 告诉我他一直在跟某个记者联系 |
[34:30] | When I tried to calm him down, he came at me. | 我试着让他冷静 可他突然向我冲来 |
[34:32] | So you cut his throat | 所以你就出于自卫 |
[34:33] | – in self-defense? – I was scared. | -割断了他的喉咙 -我吓坏了 |
[34:35] | He was threatening me. I… | 他当时正威胁我 我… |
[34:38] | picked up the knife. | 就拿起了刀 |
[34:39] | I tried to keep him back, | 想阻止他上前 |
[34:41] | and the next thing I know, he’s on the ground. | 然后他就倒在了地上 |
[34:43] | I didn’t mean to kill him. | 我没想杀他 |
[34:46] | What did Bright know? | 布莱特知道些什么 |
[34:48] | Nothing. | 什么都不知道 |
[34:51] | I told him that I had spoken to Dave | 我告诉他我跟戴夫谈过了 |
[34:53] | but that he was fine when I left the room. | 但我离开房间时他还没事 |
[34:56] | Then what was in those files you took from Dave’s storage locker? | 那你从戴夫的储物柜里拿走的文件里有什么 |
[35:03] | What files? | 什么文件 |
[35:07] | I don’t know anything about a locker. | 我完全不知道什么储物柜 |
[35:15] | I don’t get it. She confessed to killing Dave, | 我不懂 她都承认杀了戴夫 |
[35:18] | but when I pressed her about the information he had, | 但我提到他手上的信息的时候 |
[35:20] | she pulled the plug. She’s calling her lawyer right now. | 她突然就翻脸了 她要求见律师 |
[35:23] | She didn’t implicate anybody else? | 她没指认其他人吗 |
[35:25] | Not Marcia Harrison or Bob Bright. | 既没提玛西娅·哈里森也没提鲍勃·布莱特 |
[35:27] | She says it was just her and Dave. | 她说只跟她自己和戴夫有关 |
[35:29] | She’ll go down for this, probably manslaughter | 她也摊不上什么大事 顶多指控她 |
[35:31] | and some corruption charge. But it ends with her. | 过失杀人和贪污 但案子也就止于此了 |
[35:34] | Oh. Here’s the star of the show. | 大明星来了 |
[35:37] | Mr. Bright. Mr. Bright. Are we to believe | 布莱特先生 布莱特先生 我们可以相信 |
[35:39] | you knew nothing about what was going on in your office? | 你对你团队中发生的事情毫不知情吗 |
[35:41] | There was clearly a group inside my staff | 很明显我的团队中有些人 |
[35:43] | that worked covertly to use the influence of this office | 利用办公室的影响力做些偷偷摸摸的勾当 |
[35:46] | to their benefit. I’m sorry. | 为自己谋利 我对此很遗憾 |
[35:48] | That’s all I know right now. | 我目前只知道这么多 |
[35:54] | Oh, I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[35:56] | One second. | 马上就好 |
[35:57] | Yes. Wonderful. Just have it delivered to the house. | 很好 送到家里就可以了 谢谢 |
[36:04] | I, uh, got everyone waiting for a statement. | 我 大家在等着我讲话呢 |
[36:07] | That ringtone. | 那个铃声 |
[36:13] | I know where the files are. | 我知道那些文件在哪 |
[36:14] | Okay, listen, when we went to Bright’s office, | 听着 我们去布莱特办公室时 |
[36:16] | he got a call, right? He said it was about a rug. | 他接了个电话 对吧 他说是地毯的事 |
[36:18] | It was Amanda. She was calling him | 其实是阿曼达打的 她打给他 |
[36:21] | about the documents being delivered. | 说送文件的事 |
[36:23] | The times match up. We were there at the same time | 时间刚好对上 我们在那儿的时候 |
[36:25] | somebody got into Dave’s storage locker. | 也正是某人撬开戴夫的储物箱的时候 |
[36:27] | She had just gotten the stuff from his locker. | 她刚从他的储物箱里取出了文件 |
[36:29] | That’s what was being delivered to his house. | 那才是真正送到他家的东西 |
[36:32] | The files. | 那些文件 |
[36:35] | Eliot. | 艾略特 |
[36:37] | Why are you doing this? | 你为什么这么做 |
[36:39] | Look, whever it is you think you’re looking for, | 不管你想找什么 |
[36:41] | it won’t stick. | 都站不住脚 |
[36:44] | You just… you’re burning | 你这是在 你这是在拆桥 |
[36:45] | a bridge here, a bridge that can still lead | 拆一座仍然通往咱们的梦想的桥 |
[36:48] | to our dream. Remember? | 你还记得咱们的梦想吗 |
[36:50] | Me in the mayor’s office. You, police commissioner. | 我当市长 你当警察局长 |
[36:52] | We can still live that dream — we will. | 我们仍可以实现那个梦想 一定会的 |
[36:55] | Think of the good we can do for this town. | 想想我们可以为这个城市做的贡献 |
[36:57] | Yeah — what about what we can do for Amanda? | 那我们能为阿曼达做的事情呢 |
[37:00] | You knew about the skyscraper deal… everything… | 你知道那些摩天大楼的交易 你都知道 |
[37:03] | That’s why she’s protecting you, right? | 所以她才保护你 对吧 |
[37:05] | So once you become mayor, you can repay the favor. | 你一旦当上了市长 就可以还她的人情 |
[37:07] | It’s enough, Bob. It’s enough. | 够了 鲍勃 够了 |
[37:11] | Dave had nothing to do with it, did he? | 这件事跟戴夫一点关系也没有 对吧 |
[37:15] | You know what’s gonna happen, Eliot, don’t you? | 你知道你这么做的后果吧 艾略特 |
[37:23] | Yeah, I know. | 我知道 |
[37:25] | I don’t care. | 我不在乎 |
[37:27] | You don’t care? | 你不在乎 |
[37:28] | October 18, 1998? | 1998年10月18日 |
[37:32] | Found this in the hall closet. | 在厅里的衣柜里找到了这个 |
[37:35] | Open it up. | 打开看看 |
[37:37] | Eliot… | 艾略特 |
[37:39] | Don’t destroy everything. | 别把一切都毁了 |
[37:41] | Cuff him. | 把他铐起来 |
[37:44] | Yeah. Say good-bye to Major Crimes, your friends… | 你就等着跟重案组 你的朋友们 |
[37:49] | everything. | 还有其它一切说再见吧 |
[37:56] | Eliot, | 艾略特 |
[37:58] | what happened in 1998? | 1998年发生了什么 |
[38:02] | I used to blame it on us being young. | 我以前一直把这件事归结于我们太年轻 |
[38:05] | But now I’m thinking… | 但是现在我觉得 |
[38:07] | that’s just who we are. | 是我们的本性使然 |
[38:11] | We were… | 我们三个 |
[38:13] | interns — Bright and Dave — | 我 布莱特和戴夫 |
[38:16] | for a senator. | 是一个议员的实习生 |
[38:18] | Doesn’t matter who. | 具体是谁不重要 |
[38:21] | He loved us. | 他很喜欢我们 |
[38:23] | He gave us that atrocious nickname, the Three Amigos. | 他给我们起了那个难听的外号 三剑客 |
[38:26] | Anyway, one night, uh, I get a call, 4:00 in the morning. | 总之有天凌晨四点钟 我接到一个电话 |
[38:29] | He’s in Hell’s Kitchen and something’s gone wrong. | 他在地狱厨房[曼哈顿一个区]出了点事 |
[38:32] | We go down and… | 我们赶去了 |
[38:34] | find him in a room there with a, um… | 发现他和一个 |
[38:39] | well, with a girl who had… | 吸鸦片过度的女孩 |
[38:41] | been careless with her opiates. | 开了间房 |
[38:43] | She fell asleep, never woke up. | 她睡着后就再也没有醒过来 |
[38:47] | He didn’t know what to do. | 他不知道该怎么办 |
[38:51] | We did. | 我们帮他处理了 |
[38:54] | We made sure nobody knew he was there. | 我们确保没人知道他在场 |
[38:56] | And going forward, | 那之后 |
[38:58] | whenever we needed a favor… | 不管我们需要什么 |
[39:01] | well, the senator was there for us. | 议员都会尽全力帮忙 |
[39:06] | That was a long time ago. | 那是很久以前的事了 |
[39:09] | Doesn’t seem that way to me. | 我可不这么觉得 |
[39:36] | You headed home, Eliot? | 准备回家了吗 艾略特 |
[39:38] | Mm-mm. Not just yet. | 还没呢 |
[39:41] | Figured I’d savor my last few moments here. | 我想再品味一下在这里的最后时光 |
[39:44] | It’s not gonna go that way. | 结果不会那么糟的 |
[39:46] | No one’s gonna believe anything Bright said. | 布莱特所说的一切都不会有人相信 |
[39:48] | Not after this. | 尤其在他出了这种事之后 |
[39:49] | I don’t know. I wish I had your faith. | 不知道 我要是有你这么坚定的信念就好了 |
[39:50] | You don’t need faith. | 你不需要信念 |
[39:52] | You got me. | 你有我呢 |
[39:53] | – And my buddy Declan. – What’s he doing here? | -还有我的好朋友戴克兰 -他来干吗 |
[39:56] | October 18, 1998. You don’t remember? | 1998年10月18号 你不记得了吗 |
[40:00] | Maybe? | 没准 |
[40:02] | Well, Declan here definitely remembers. | 戴克兰绝对记得 |
[40:05] | – Tell him, Dec. – My family’s | -给他讲讲吧 戴克 -扬基体育场的 |
[40:06] | had the hauling contract for Yankee Stadium | 搬运合同在四十年来 |
[40:09] | going on 40 years. | 一直都是我们家的 |
[40:11] | They gave us all a bunch of tickets to the first… | 他们给了我们一堆第一场 |
[40:13] | – Second… – Second game of the World Series. | -第二场 -第二场世界职业棒球赛的门票 |
[40:18] | I invited Dave. He brought you along as well. | 我邀请了戴夫 他把你也带上了 |
[40:21] | Yeah, but I-I never went. | 他是邀请我了 可我没去 |
[40:22] | Sure, you did. | 你当然去了 |
[40:23] | There were 15 of us. | 我们一共十五个人 |
[40:24] | We stayed till the very last out. | 我们一直待到比赛最后 |
[40:26] | We went back to my place. | 比赛后我们都去了我家 |
[40:27] | Everybody remembers how excited you were. | 所有人都记得你有多激动 |
[40:31] | What else? | 还有呢 |
[40:31] | It was such a special night… | 那是很特别的一晚 |
[40:34] | You kept your ticket stub. | 你存了你的票根 |
[40:37] | What a thougful gift. | 太贴心的礼物了 |
[40:41] | You got a pretty good memory. | 你的记性真好 |
[40:42] | It’s what I’m known for. | 大家都这么说 |
[40:43] | That’s funny. Me, too. | 有意思 我也是 |
[40:47] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[40:48] | It’s what Dave would have wanted. | 这会是戴夫想看到的 |
[41:03] | What you doing sitting out here? | 你坐在外面干吗 |
[41:05] | Just waiting for you. | 在等你啊 |
[41:20] | I feel so bad for Dave. | 我为戴夫感到遗憾 |
[41:23] | Seeing how far Bright was willing to go, it… | 看到布莱特如此的不择手段 |
[41:28] | must’ve made him question everything. | 戴夫肯定会对一切产生质疑 |
[41:30] | Only it was too late for him. | 可惜对他来说太迟了 |
[41:38] | What is that? | 那是什么 |
[41:42] | Uh, that’s, uh, peach blueberry. | 黄桃蓝莓蛋糕 |
[41:44] | From Sweet Creations in Nashville? | 纳什维尔那家甜品店买的吗 |
[41:47] | I had to, uh, pull a few strings. | 我动用了点关系才买到的 |
[41:49] | Course you did. | 那是当然的 |
[42:08] | Don’t go. | 别离开我 |