英文名称:Unplanned
年代:2019
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | My story isn’t an easy one to hear. | 我的故事并不容易听下去 |
[00:09] | I think I probably ought to warn you of that up front. | 我认为我应该事先提醒你这一点 |
[00:35] | Boo! What do you think you’re doing? | 你想干什么 |
[00:37] | You better run! | 你最好赶快跑 |
[00:39] | No fair getting woken up before the alarm. | 闹钟还没响就要被吵醒真是太不公平了 |
[00:44] | Daddy’s turn. | 该爸爸了 |
[00:47] | Ah, the Grace monster! | 格蕾丝小怪兽 |
[00:49] | No! | 不要 |
[00:51] | We don’t waste food, right? | 我们不能浪费食物 对不对 |
[00:54] | No. | 对 |
[00:55] | So? | 那么 |
[00:57] | When it’s like this, it’s not food. | 但是长这样的不能算是食物 |
[00:59] | Hi, baby. Coffee’s on the counter. | 嗨 宝贝 咖啡在柜台上 |
[01:01] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[01:03] | Can you help us with a situation? | 你能帮我们解决一个问题吗 |
[01:04] | What’s the matter? | 怎么了 |
[01:06] | Daddy didn’t make the toast right. | 爸爸面包片切得不对 |
[01:07] | He cut it into little squares. | 他切成了小正方形 |
[01:09] | It’s supposed to be into triangles. | 本来该是三角形的 |
[01:11] | Ah. Let me see what I can do. | 我看看我能怎么补救一下 |
[01:15] | I thought I did a pretty good job. | 我还觉得我做得挺好的 |
[01:17] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[01:18] | This is what you call | 这就是你常说的 |
[01:20] | Magic. | 魔法 |
[01:24] | See? What do you think? | 看 你觉得怎么样 |
[01:27] | And that’s why you’re the mommy. | 真不愧是妈妈 |
[01:29] | – Breakfast? – I don’t have any time. | -吃早餐吗 -我来不及了 |
[01:31] | Mommy, you have to be nutritious. | 妈妈 你要注意补充营养 |
[01:34] | You’re so right. Mmm. | 你说得太对了 |
[01:37] | – Bye. – Bye, baby. | -拜拜 -拜拜 亲爱的 |
[01:40] | Hey, where you going? | 你要去哪儿 |
[01:43] | Mommy! Mommy! | 妈妈 妈妈 |
[01:49] | Mommy! Don’t go. | 妈妈 别走 |
[01:51] | Why can’t you stay home and play with me? | 你为什么不能留在家里陪我玩 |
[01:53] | Gracie, baby, we talked about this. | 格蕾茜 宝贝 我们谈过这个的 |
[01:55] | Saturdays are Mommy’s busiest day. | 每周六是妈妈最忙的日子 |
[01:57] | But I promise, when I get home, | 但是我保证 等我回了家 |
[01:59] | we will get pizza and watch a movie. | 我就陪你吃披萨看电影 |
[02:01] | – Yeah! – Okay. | -太好了 -好吧 |
[02:04] | Bye. | 拜拜 |
[02:16] | Bye, Mommy! | 拜拜 妈妈 |
本电影台词包含不重复单词:1623个。 其中的生词包含:四级词汇:318个,六级词汇:173个,GRE词汇:165个,托福词汇:257个,考研词汇:346个,专四词汇:301个,专八词汇:51个, 所有生词标注共:611个。 定制生词标注的台词本和单词统计,请访问生词标注台词本 | ||
[02:17] | ♪ There’s a fire inside, you can feel it burning ♪ | ♪ 心里有一束燃烧的火苗 ♪ |
[02:22] | ♪ It’s a neon light glowing like a furnace ♪ | ♪ 像在闪耀发光的霓虹灯 ♪ |
[02:27] | ♪ And the night is long, but the world keeps turning ♪ | ♪ 夜虽漫长朝阳总会升起 ♪ |
[02:31] | ♪ You gotta know it, it’s not the end ♪ | ♪ 你会知道一切还未结束 ♪ |
[02:38] | ♪ Every new sunrise is one step closer ♪ | ♪ 多一次日出多一点进步 ♪ |
[02:43] | ♪ It’s a sign in the sky that the fight’s not over ♪ | ♪ 这是天空给的战斗信号 ♪ |
[02:48] | ♪ So face the world, it’s now or never ♪ | ♪ 现在就来勇敢面对世界 ♪ |
[02:52] | ♪ This is your moment, let it begin ♪ | ♪ 准备登台开始你的表演 ♪ |
[02:57] | ♪ This could change everything ♪ | ♪ 一切可能由此变得不同 ♪ |
[03:02] | ♪ Can you feel it now? Something’s in the air ♪ | ♪ 你可感觉到空气的改变 ♪ |
[03:07] | ♪ This could change everything ♪ | ♪ 一切可能由此变得不同 ♪ |
[03:11] | ♪ I know we’re gonna know it when we get there ♪ | ♪ 迈出这步便会云开雾散 ♪ |
[03:18] | ♪ No more waiting, I’m taking the chance ♪ | ♪ 不再等候我要放手一搏 ♪ |
[03:22] | ♪ This could change everything ♪ | ♪ 一切可能由此变得不同 ♪ |
[03:27] | ♪ Let it begin… ♪ | ♪ 就让它来 ♪ |
[03:30] | I’ve been asked a thousand times. | 这些问题我被问过无数次 |
[03:33] | Were you really so gullible? | 你真的这么容易被骗吗 |
[03:35] | Were you really so ambivalent? | 你真的这么矛盾吗 |
[03:37] | So naive? So foolish? So… | 这么天真 这么傻 这么 |
[03:39] | You get the picture. | 你大概明白我的意思了 |
[03:42] | My answer? Yes. | 我的回答吗 是的 |
[03:46] | I often find that people don’t like my answers. | 我经常发现人们不太喜欢我的回答 |
[03:48] | That’s understandable, | 我觉得可以理解 |
[03:49] | because my story isn’t a neat and tidy one, | 毕竟我的故事并不整洁体面 |
[03:52] | and it doesn’t come wrapped up in a pretty red bow. | 也没有什么漂亮的红色蝴蝶结包装 |
[03:56] | In fact, it’s probably gonna make you squirm a bit. | 事实上 它可能会让你难受上一阵子 |
[04:02] | ♪ Let it begin. ♪ | ♪ 就让它来 ♪ |
[04:06] | Hey, Abby, sorry to bother you, | 艾比 不好意思打扰你了 |
[04:08] | but they need an extra person in the back room. | 但是后屋还缺一个人手 |
[04:10] | – Are you free? – Sure. | -你有空来吗 -没问题 |
[04:17] | Even though I’d been | 虽然我来 |
[04:18] | with Planned Parenthood for almost eight years, | 计划生育诊所已经快八年了 |
[04:20] | I’d never been called into the procedure room | 但我从来没有进到手术室 |
[04:23] | to help the surgical team with an abortion. | 帮外科组做过堕胎手术 |
[04:25] | And I had no idea why I was needed now. | 我不知道为什么现在需要我去了 |
[04:39] | Megan said that you needed some assistance? | 梅根说你们需要人手 |
[04:42] | I only do ultrasound-guided procedures. | 我来做超声引导 |
[04:44] | I want you to hold the probe. | 你来拿着探针 |
[04:51] | This might be a little cold, okay? | 可能有一点凉 好吗 |
[04:56] | Don’t move. | 别动 |
[05:08] | Take my tubing. | 接好这根管子 |
[05:33] | – Okay. – How’s that? | -好了 -怎么样 |
[05:37] | All right, little to the left. | 往左一点点 |
[05:39] | Angle down just slightly. | 轻轻向下倾斜 |
[05:43] | That’s better. | 好多了 |
[05:52] | 13-weeker. | 十三周大 |
[05:54] | – Hold still. – Come on, stay still. | -别动 -没事 别动 |
[05:56] | You can hold my arm, but you can’t wiggle. | 可以抓住我的胳膊 但是不能动 |
[05:58] | It hurts. | 好疼 |
[05:59] | You want to get done, don’t you? Deep breaths. | 你想做掉的 不是吗 深呼吸 |
[06:02] | Now, just hold the probe in place | 把探针固定好 |
[06:04] | so I can see what I’m doing. | 这样我才能看到 |
[06:08] | Okay. Up there. | 好了 往上 |
[06:12] | It just moved away from the catheter. | 它在躲开导管 |
[06:14] | They always move. That’s why I do it this way. | 它们总是这样 所以我才要不停地试探 |
[06:27] | Beam me up, Scotty. | 该走了 小家伙 |
[07:19] | Where the hell is she going? | 她要去哪儿 |
[07:37] | Abby, you okay? | 艾比 你还好吗 |
[07:44] | D-Do you need a doctor? | 要给你找个医生吗 |
[07:46] | He is the last person that I want to see right now. | 医生是我现在最不想见到的人 |
[07:54] | Unfortunately for me, | 对我来说很不幸 |
[07:58] | this is my story. | 这就是我的故事 |
[08:11] | I started my junior year at Texas A&M | 我在德克萨斯A&M大学迎来了三年级 |
[08:13] | the way most college students do. | 和多数大学生一样 |
[08:15] | Wondering how I’d make my mark on the world. | 思索着该如何在这个世界上留下我的印记 |
[08:17] | Howdy. Hot out there, huh? | 你好啊 这里很热吧 |
[08:20] | – Yeah. – Why don’t you have a water bottle. | -是啊 -送你一个水杯吧 |
[08:22] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[08:23] | Are you familiar with Planned Parenthood? | 你有了解过计划生育诊所吗 |
[08:25] | I’ve heard of it. It’s a women’s health clinic, right? | 我有听说过 女性健康诊所 对吧 |
[08:27] | That’s right. Our clinics are very important | 对 诊所对那些依靠我们来控制生育 |
[08:29] | to our clients who depend on us for birth control, | 或进行堕胎的顾客来说 |
[08:32] | or abortions if they need them. | 非常重要 |
[08:34] | Um, I don’t know how I feel about abortion. | 我也不知道我对堕胎是怎么想的 |
[08:37] | My family is pro-life, so I guess I am, too. | 但我家人都反对堕胎 所以我应该也是 |
[08:39] | Oh, I totally understand. | 我完全可以理解 |
[08:40] | But at Planned Parenthood, | 但是在计划生育诊所 |
[08:42] | our goal is to make abortions rare. | 我们的目标是让堕胎变得稀少 |
[08:44] | Rare. What do you mean? | 稀少 这是什么意思 |
[08:46] | Well, by making birth control freely accessible, | 通过自由便捷地控制生育 |
[08:49] | thousands and thousands of abortions aren’t required. | 成千上万的堕胎都将无需发生 |
[08:52] | However, when a woman really does find herself needing one, | 然而 如果有人认为她真的需要堕胎 |
[08:55] | our clinics are vital to their safety. | 我们的诊所就会帮助她 |
[08:57] | It’s hard to believe | 很难相信现在 |
[08:59] | that there’s still some people out there that want to tell us | 还有很多人会对我们的身体指手画脚 |
[09:01] | – what we can and can’t do with our body. – Yeah. | -告诉我们该做什么不该做什么 -对 |
[09:03] | You know, I completely agree with equal rights for women. | 我完全支持女性平权 |
[09:07] | And that’s what we’re all about. | 我们做得就是在争取平权 |
[09:09] | – So, what’s your name? – Abby Brannam. | -你叫什么名字 -艾比·布兰南 |
[09:10] | Um, I am a junior studying psychology. | 我是学心理学的大三学生 |
[09:13] | Nice to meet you. I’m Jill. | 很高兴认识你 我是吉尔 |
[09:15] | I work in community services at Planned Parenthood. | 我在计划生育诊所的社区服务部门工作 |
[09:17] | And we do need volunteers, because many of | 我们真的很需要志愿者 因为我们为客户 |
[09:20] | our servicesare free or low-cost for our clients. | 提供的许多服务都是免费或价格很低的 |
[09:22] | Okay. Sign me up. | 好吧 算我一个 |
[09:25] | I left campus that day as | 那天 我成为了一名危机中女性的救星 |
[09:27] | a proud champion of women in crisis. | 骄傲地离开了校园 |
[09:30] | So why didn’t I call my mom and tell her the good news? | 那么我为什么没有跟我妈报告这个喜讯呢 |
[09:33] | Murderer! | 杀人犯 |
[09:35] | Murderer! | 杀人犯 |
[09:35] | 堕胎就是 谋害生命 | |
[09:37] | Because I didn’t think she’d understand | 因为我觉得她可能 |
[09:39] | how the work I’d be doing wasn’t going to | 无法理解为什么我的工作不是 |
[09:42] | increase the number of abortions but decrease them. | 在增加堕胎 而是在减少堕胎 |
[09:46] | How’s this for brilliant and wise. | 拿这句当至理名言怎么样 |
[09:49] | Never trust a decision | 你不愿意让你妈知道的决定 |
[09:50] | you don’t want your mom to know about. | 都是错误的决定 |
[09:57] | Hmm. Just keep staring at me. | 你们就盯着我吧 |
[10:00] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[10:01] | You’re just here to check it out, | 你只是来看看情况 |
[10:03] | and if you don’t like it, you don’t have to stay. | 不喜欢就可以拍屁股走人 |
[10:08] | – Hi. Are you Abby? – I am. | -嗨 你是艾比吗 -我是 |
[10:10] | – Hi. I’m Summer. – Summer, nice to meet you. | -嗨 我是莎莫 -莎莫 很高兴认识你 |
[10:12] | Nice to meet you, too. Here, put this on | 我也是 这个 把它穿上 |
[10:14] | so everyone knows you’re with the clinic. | 这样别人就知道你是诊所的人了 |
[10:16] | I’ll hold this for you. | 我帮你拿包 |
[10:20] | So, really, is this normal? | 那个 这是常态吗 |
[10:22] | Just ignore them. | 别理他们就好 |
[10:24] | When a client shows up, we head for the car immediately, | 有客人出现 我们就立刻冲向她的车 |
[10:27] | so there’s someone waiting when she opens her door. | 这样她开车门的时候就会看到我们了 |
[10:30] | When she opens it, start talking right away. | 她一下车 就拉她到别处聊天 |
[10:32] | – About what? – Anything. | -聊什么 -什么都行 |
[10:33] | The weather, her car, her clothes. | 天气 她的车 她的穿着 |
[10:35] | Anything to distract her from the voices through the fence. | 只要能让她不要注意到外面的声音 |
[10:37] | They’re gonna be harassing her. | 他们一定会不停地吵她 |
[10:39] | You need to make sure your voice is the one she hears. | 你要确保她耳朵里只有你的声音 |
[10:41] | I’ll go with you the first few times | 前几次我会带你的 |
[10:42] | to make sure you get the hang of it, okay? | 以确保你能上手 好吗 |
[10:44] | – Okay. – Okay. | -好 -好 |
[10:46] | We’ve still got a few minutes before our first arrival. | 还有几分钟时间 |
[10:48] | Let’s introduce you to Cheryl. | 来认识一下谢丽尔吧 |
[10:49] | The access code is 2-2-2-9. | 进门密码是2229 |
[10:52] | Uh, I’m awful at remembering those. | 我特别不擅长记这些 |
[10:54] | Oh, it’s easy. It spells “baby.” – | 很好记的 就是婴儿的拼写 |
[10:58] | – Make sure to xerox the first two and file. – Okay. | -确保复印前两份文件并存档 -好的 |
[11:01] | Excuse me. Cheryl? This is Abby. | 打扰一下 谢丽尔 这是艾比 |
[11:02] | She’s our newest volunteer escort. | 她是我们志愿护卫队的新成员 |
[11:04] | Abby, this is Cheryl D’Alessandro, clinic director. | 这位是谢丽尔·德·亚力珊卓 诊所主任 |
[11:06] | – Welcome. Nice to meet you. – You, too. | -欢迎 很高兴认识你 -我也是 |
[11:08] | – Let me take this for you. – Thank you. | -把包给我吧 -谢谢 |
[11:10] | Samantha? Here, come here. | 萨曼莎 来 过来 |
[11:13] | Put that in a locker for me, if you would. | 请帮我把这个放在储物柜里 |
[11:15] | Summer, why don’t you keep an eye on the parking lot. | 莎莫 可以去看着点停车场吗 |
[11:17] | Sure thing. | 没问题 |
[11:19] | Why do they all think | 为什么他们都认为 |
[11:21] | that the women coming in are having abortions? | 进来的女性都是来堕胎的 |
[11:23] | Uh, you do offer other services, right? | 你们是有提供别的服务的 对吧 |
[11:25] | Not on Saturday. | 周六没有 |
[11:27] | On Saturdays, we only do abortions, and they know that. | 周六我们只做堕胎 他们知道这个 |
[11:30] | Especially the Coalition for Life. | 尤其是生命联盟 |
[11:32] | They’re like vultures. | 他们就像秃鹰一样讨厌 |
[11:34] | Their office is right up the street, | 他们的办公室就在这条街 |
[11:36] | and their whole purpose is to turn the community | 目的就是想让社区的人 |
[11:38] | against us and to try to shut us down. | 对抗我们 进而让我们关门大吉 |
[11:40] | Here we go. First client. | 这边 第一个客户 |
[11:42] | Go ahead. Make sure to keep her moving. | 去吧 一定不要让她停下来 |
[11:44] | Hey, princess. | 嗨 小姑娘 |
[11:45] | Does Daddy know that you’re here? | 你爸比知道你来这吗 |
[11:47] | Yeah, yeah. Does he know that you’re killing | 没错 说的就是你 他知道你现在 |
[11:49] | his little grandbabies right now? | 要杀了他的小外孙么 |
[11:51] | Oh, here they come. Hi, Twinkies. How you doing? | 他们来了 嗨 汀奇 最近怎么样 |
[11:52] | – Hey. Ignore me. – Hi there. | -嗨 不理我 -你好 |
[11:55] | Starting to warm up, isn’t it? I love the color of your shirt. | 开始躁动了 我喜欢你衬衫的颜色 |
[11:57] | No matter what good things you do in your life, | 不管你在生活中做了什么好事 |
[11:59] | you’re still gonna be a baby killer! | 你都是一个婴儿屠夫 |
[12:01] | All right. Look at me and keep walking. | 没事的 看着我 跟着我走 |
[12:03] | And all this because you couldn’t keep your legs closed! | 这都是因为你不能合上你的腿 |
[12:07] | Keep walking, basic! | 你尽管继续走 |
[12:08] | I’m talking to the baby killer, not you! | 我是在和婴儿屠夫说话 不是和你 |
[12:10] | Abby, can you get the door for her? | 艾比 可以给她开一下门吗 |
[12:12] | Hey, you don’t have to do this! | 嘿,你不必这么做 |
[12:13] | Hey, get back here! I’m talking to you! | 嘿 回来 我在和你说话 |
[12:16] | Okay, she’s gonna take care of you now, all right? | 没事的 现在她会照顾好你 可以吗 |
[12:18] | – Thank you. – Okay. | -谢谢 -没事 |
[12:20] | I need you to sign in here for me. | 你需要在这签个名 |
[12:22] | Okay. | 好的 |
[12:24] | Time now is 8 : 42. | 现在时间为8点42分 |
[12:31] | Okay. Your turn. | 好了 轮到你了 |
[12:35] | Hi. I’m here from the Coalition for Life. | 你好 我是生命联盟的工作人员 |
[12:37] | We know this is a really hard day for you. | 我们知道对你来言 今天真的很难 |
[12:40] | We’re here because we care about you. | 我们在这是因为我们关心你 |
[12:42] | Hi. Good morning. How are you? | 嗨 早上好 你好吗 |
[12:45] | – Good. – Nice weather, right? | -很好 -天气也很好 |
[12:46] | – Yeah. – Don’t mind them. | -对 -别理他们 |
[12:48] | Your little baby already has a beating heart, | 你的小宝宝已经有心跳了 |
[12:51] | and she loves you with all of it. | 她爱你的一切 |
[12:53] | What you’re doing right now doesn’t seem like caring to me. | 在我看来 你现在所做的并不是关心 |
[12:59] | I’m sorry. Come on. | 不好意思 这边走 |
[13:01] | We’ll just get you inside, okay? | 我们会带你进去的 好吗 |
[13:04] | Just walk through that door. | 你只需走入那扇门 |
[13:07] | They don’t understand. | 他们什么都不懂 |
[13:09] | Hey. My name’s Marilisa. | 嘿 我叫玛丽里莎 |
[13:11] | I’m with the Coalition for Life, | 是生命联盟的一员 |
[13:13] | and we just wanted to let you know | 我们只想让你知道 |
[13:15] | that we have other options for you if you’re interested | 如果你感兴趣或者你想要聊聊的话 |
[13:18] | or if you want to talk. | 我们还有别的选择 |
[13:19] | Damn it! They got one. | 该死的 他们跟她说上了 |
[13:21] | I just wish they’d leave these poor women alone. | 我只希望他们能别骚扰这些可怜的女人 |
[13:23] | …feel safe and comfortable. | 感到安全和舒适 |
[13:26] | Elena, turn on the sprinklers. | 伊莲娜 把喷洒装置打开 |
[13:27] | Renee, call the police and report a disturbance. | 蕾妮 打给警察 说这有骚乱 |
[13:30] | Okay. But the last time we did that, | 没问题 但上次我们叫警察来时 |
[13:33] | the cops weren’t super thrilled when they showed up | 他们一点都不兴奋 因为他们发现 |
[13:35] | and nobody was doing anything illegal. | 这里并没有人违法 |
[13:37] | The number you’re trying to remember is 911. | 这次你要打的电话号码是911 |
[13:42] | Okay. Yep. Yeah. Okay. | 好的 没错 好的 |
[13:49] | Get the baby! | 把小孩弄开 |
[13:52] | When my shift was over, | 当我下班时 |
[13:54] | I couldn’t wait to get out of there. | 我迫不及待地想离开 |
[13:58] | Hey. I don’t think I’ve seen you here before. | 嗨 我之前没在看过你吧 |
[14:01] | No, it’s my first day. | 没 这是我第一天上班 |
[14:03] | Can you tell me why you’re volunteering? | 你能告诉我你为什么来这当志愿者吗 |
[14:08] | I don’t know if I’m coming back, | 我不清楚我会不会回来 |
[14:10] | so I’m just checking it out. | 所以我也想想清楚 |
[14:11] | Can I ask your name? | 能告诉我你的名字吗 |
[14:14] | Abby. | 艾比 |
[14:15] | Abby. | 艾比 |
[14:17] | Abby, you do know that they perform abortions here, right? | 艾比 你知道他们是干堕胎的吧 |
[14:25] | You know, actually, I’ve had an abortion myself. | 你知道吗 事实是我堕胎过 |
[14:28] | So I don’t have any problem with another woman | 所以我对跟我做同样的决定的女人 |
[14:30] | making the same decision. | 没什么异议 |
[14:31] | I’m so sorry you had to go through that. | 很你经抱歉听到你所经历的这些 |
[14:33] | No, it’s okay. Really. | 不 这没什么 真的 |
[14:35] | It was my decision. No one forced me to do it. | 这是我的决定 没人强迫我那么做 |
[14:37] | Well, if you ever want to talk to anyone about anything… | 嗯 如果你想和任何人谈论任何事情 |
[14:39] | God, do you people ever stop? | 天啊 你们这些人能不能消停些 |
[14:42] | These women are hurting. | 这些女人很伤心 |
[14:43] | Why are you doing this to them? | 为什么你们要这样对她们 |
[14:45] | We’re not here to hurt them or condemn them. | 我们聚在这不是为了伤害或者谴责她们 |
[14:47] | We’re here to help them. | 我们聚在这是为了帮她们 |
[14:48] | By dressing up in costumes and showing them | 通过穿这些衣服还有给她们看恐怖的图片 |
[14:51] | horrible pictures to scare them? | 来吓唬她们的方式吗 |
[14:52] | In what world would a woman run to someone dressed like | 这世界上怎么会有女人跟一个 |
[14:55] | the Grim Reaper for help with her crisis pregnancy? | 穿得像死神的人求助怀孕问题 |
[14:59] | I am with the Coalition for Life, and they’re not. | 我跟生命联盟是一块的 他们不是 |
[15:02] | So we can ask them to stop | 所以我们可以劝阻他们 |
[15:03] | and we do. | 我们也这样做了 |
[15:04] | But we can’t force them to do anything. | 但我们不能强迫他们做任何事 |
[15:07] | So for what it’s worth, I think you’re right, Abby. | 所以不管怎么说 艾比 你是对的 |
[15:11] | Doesn’t help. | 于事无补 |
[15:12] | Marilisa, leave her alone. | 玛丽里莎 别骚扰她 |
[15:14] | Abby, get in your car. | 艾比 上车 |
[15:28] | Looking back, I’m surprised | 回头想 我很惊讶 |
[15:29] | I admitted my having had an abortion to Marilisa. | 我对玛丽里莎坦诚了我的堕胎经历 |
[15:33] | I’d never told that to anyone. | 我从没告诉过其他人 |
[15:35] | Meaning I probably ought to take a moment to explain. | 不然这意味着我得花点时间解释一下 |
[15:41] | In college, I’d gone from small-town super achiever | 在大学 我迅速从鸡窝里飞出的土凤凰 |
[15:45] | to party girl in no time. | 变成了洋气派对女孩 |
[15:48] | Literally, from the moment my parents dropped me off. | 确切来说是从我父母把我送走的那一刻起 |
[15:52] | Mark lived in my building, | 马克跟我住同一栋楼 |
[15:54] | and was ten years older than me. | 比我大10岁 |
[15:56] | We started dating… | 我们开始约会 |
[15:58] | nothing serious, | 没什么大事发生 |
[16:00] | until the day I saw two lines on my pregnancy test kit. | 直到那天我发现验孕棒上出现两条红杠 |
[16:10] | Hey. It’s all right. It’s all right. | 嗨 没事的 没事的 |
[16:13] | We’ll take you to a clinic and take care of it. | 我们带你去一间诊所解决掉它 |
[16:16] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[16:18] | I know a place, in Houston. | 我知道在休斯顿那有个诊所 |
[16:20] | How do you know a place in Houston? | 你是怎么知道休斯顿有这种诊所 |
[16:27] | Naturally, Mark didn’t have the $500 | 当然 马克没有500美元 |
[16:30] | it would take to “get it done.” | 500美元能“搞定它” |
[16:32] | Neither did I. | 我也没有 |
[16:33] | So I applied for my very first credit card. | 所以我申请了我人生的第一张信用卡 |
[16:36] | I kept thinking, | 我不停地想 |
[16:38] | “I can’t tell my parents about this. | 我不能告诉我父母 |
[16:42] | “They can’t know I’m having sex. | 不可以让他们知道我发生了性行为 |
[16:44] | They can’t know I’m pregnant.” | 不可以让他们知道我怀孕了 |
[16:47] | I remember there was no one outside, | 我记得诊所外没人 |
[16:49] | but the waiting room was packed. | 但是候诊室里挤满了人 |
[16:54] | My next clear memory was of finding myself | 我昏迷前只记得自己 |
[16:56] | lying on a table, feet in stirrups, | 躺在病床 脚被固定住 |
[16:59] | with a painful pressure building in my abdomen. | 有一股压力往腹部钻 很痛 |
[17:02] | I could hear myself groaning, | 我能听到自己的呻吟声 |
[17:04] | but it sounded distant. | 但像从很远的地方传来 |
[17:06] | You’re fine, honey. Just relax. | 没事的 亲爱的 放松 |
[17:10] | I remember waking up slumped forward, | 要向前扑到时 我顿然醒来 |
[17:13] | sitting in a hard plastic chair. | 坐在一张硬塑料椅子上 |
[17:16] | My chair was one in a line | 坐在我那排的都是 |
[17:18] | filled by the girls who’d been in the waiting room with me. | 曾和我一块去过候诊室的女孩们 |
[17:22] | Some were staring at the floor. | 有的盯着地板 |
[17:24] | Some were rocking with their arms wrapped around their bellies. | 有的抱着肚子晃来晃去 |
[17:27] | Some were softly crying. | 有的在轻声哭泣 |
[17:30] | I was handed a few crackers. | 有人给了我一些饼干 |
[17:35] | I slammed the experience into a box, nailed it shut, | 我把这段经历放进一个盒子 将它封死 |
[17:38] | stashed it in a dark corner of my soul, | 藏在我灵魂深处 |
[17:40] | and pretended it never happened. | 假装没发生过 |
[17:44] | But I wasn’t finished making bad decisions yet. | 但我竟然还一直错了下去 |
[17:48] | Abby, it’s not too late to stop this. | 艾比 现在收手还来得及 |
[17:50] | I’ll go grab the car, you slip out that door, | 我去取车 你从那个门溜走 |
[17:52] | and we will drive away. | 然后我们一同离开 |
[17:54] | I can’t do that to my parents. | 我不能这样对我父母 |
[17:56] | Abby, your parents would be thrilled. | 艾比 你的父母会很赞成的 |
[18:13] | Smile, Daddy. | 微笑 爹地 |
[18:16] | I’m trying. | 我已经很努力了 |
[18:18] | To call our marriage a fiasco | 把我们的婚姻称为惨败 |
[18:20] | would be an insult to fiascoes. | 那是对惨败的一种侮辱 |
[18:22] | The last straw was a year later on Valentine’s Day. | 压倒我的最后一根稻草是一年后的情人节 |
[18:25] | Mark decided we’d celebrate by making sandwiches. | 马克决定做三文治庆祝 |
[18:28] | But later that night, after we’d gone to bed, | 但那天晚上晚些时候 我们上床睡觉后 |
[18:31] | he slipped out of the apartment to be with another woman. | 他溜出公寓去见了另一个女人 |
[18:34] | I filed for divorce the next day, | 第二天我签字离婚 |
[18:37] | anxious to be free of this man, feeling like I already was, | 我渴望摆脱这个男人 我感觉我摆脱了 |
[18:41] | until a few weeks later… | 然而 几周后 |
[18:43] | Not again. | 怎么又会这样 |
[18:45] | Panic and grief overwhelmed me. | 恐慌和悲痛再次向我袭来 |
[18:47] | I didn’t want to be connected to this man in any way. | 我不想再和这个男人有任何联系 |
[18:50] | And if I were to have his child, | 但是如果生了他的孩子 |
[18:52] | I’d be connected to him for the rest of my life. | 我下半生都要跟他纠缠在一块 |
[18:56] | So my next visit to the clinic | 所以我再一次去了那间诊所 |
[18:57] | wasn’t as a volunteer escort but as a client. | 以客户的身份 而不是志愿者 |
[19:03] | I never saw the ultrasound image. | 我没去看超声波图像 |
[19:05] | But the nurse practitioner told me I was eight weeks along, | 但护士告诉我 胎儿已经八周大了 |
[19:09] | which made me eligible for a chemically induced abortion, | 所以我有资格进行化学诱导流产 |
[19:12] | better known as the RU-486 abortion pill. | 也就是众所周知的RU-486人工流产药 |
[19:15] | The cutoff was nine weeks. | 胎儿满九周就不能用了 |
[19:18] | It seemed more private, | 药物流产似乎更为私密 |
[19:21] | less invasive, more natural. | 侵入感更低 更为自然 |
[19:24] | So I handed over $400 and took the first pill. | 我付了400美金 服下了第一粒药 |
[19:28] | Tomorrow, whenever you’re ready, | 明天 无论你有没准备好 |
[19:30] | you’re gonna take the four pills in this little brown bag. | 你都要吞下棕色小纸袋里剩余的四颗药 |
[19:33] | That’s misoprostol. | 那是米索前列醇 |
[19:34] | It’s gonna just gently empty out your uterus. | 它会温和地清空你的子宫 |
[19:36] | And there’s gonna be a little bleeding, | 会流点血 |
[19:38] | but nothing more than like a heavy period. | 但比月经最多那天要少 |
[19:40] | And, uh, if there’s any cramping, | 如果有抽痛现象 |
[19:42] | you can take some ibuprofen. | 你可以吃些布洛芬 |
[19:47] | Okay, you’re all set. | 好的 你可以走了 |
[19:52] | Have a nice day. | 祝你今天愉快 |
[19:57] | The next day, I did as I was told. | 第二天 我按护士说的做了 |
[19:59] | I ate a light lunch | 我中午吃得很少 |
[20:00] | and took the pills inside my brown bag. | 吞下棕色袋子里的药 |
[20:05] | I was told I would probably start bleeding in about an hour. | 她说可能会在一个小时后流血 |
[20:09] | In the meantime, I made myself comfortable in my bed. | 在此期间 我舒服地躺在床上 |
[20:16] | A little bit later… | 稍晚一点 |
[22:12] | After 12 hours in agony, | 在痛苦的12小时后 |
[22:15] | I fell asleep on the bathroom floor. | 我在浴室的地板上睡着了 |
[22:18] | It occurred to me that this was the way I was going to die. | 我想到 我就要这样死去了 |
[22:22] | I wondered who would find me. | 谁会发现我 |
[22:26] | I prayed it wouldn’t be my mother. | 我祈祷别是我妈妈 |
[22:30] | It’s not abnormal. | 这是正常的 |
[22:33] | Not abnormal? | 正常 |
[22:35] | The bleeding, the clotting, the pain? | 这些出血 血块 疼痛 |
[22:37] | That is normal? | 这正常吗 |
[22:39] | Use heating pads, soak in a warm tub, | 用点暖宝宝 泡个热水澡 |
[22:41] | take ibuprofen. | 吃点布洛芬 |
[22:43] | How could you not have told me about this? | 你怎么没告诉我这些 |
[22:46] | W-What happened to gently emptying my uterus? | 不是说我的子宫会被温和地清空吗 |
[22:49] | That is what I was told would happen. | 你们是那样告诉我的 |
[22:52] | Look, I’m sorry, | 听我说 我很抱歉 |
[22:53] | but I have another patient. | 但我现在还有一个病人等着呢 |
[22:58] | Eight weeks passed. | 八周过去了 |
[23:01] | Eight weeks of blood clots. | 我整整八周都在排出血块 |
[23:03] | Eight weeks of excruciating cramps. | 忍受整整八周折磨人的抽痛 |
[23:07] | And when it was finally over, my anger had disappeared, | 当它最终结束时 我的愤怒也消失了 |
[23:10] | only to be replaced by self-Ioathing. | 取而代之的是自爱 |
[23:13] | Meaning I no longer blamed Planned Parenthood | 也就是说 我不再把发生的一切 |
[23:16] | for everything that happened. | 责备于计划生育 |
[23:18] | I blamed myself. | 我责备自己 |
[23:22] | It doesn’t look like we’re gonna get | 看起来周六普卢默医生 |
[23:24] | Dr. Plummer on Saturday, | 是没空了 |
[23:25] | but I can call Dr. Wagner. | 但我可以帮你预约瓦格纳医生 |
[23:27] | – That sounds good. Give him a call. – Cool. | -听起来不错 给他打个电话 -好 |
[23:30] | Abby. Hi. We haven’t seen you in a while. | 艾比 你好 我们好久没见你了 |
[23:32] | Um, yeah, I’ve been busy. | 是的 我一直很忙 |
[23:34] | Well, it’s good to have you back. | 好吧 你能回来真好 |
[23:37] | By the way, we have an opportunity | 顺便说一下 有个工作 |
[23:39] | I think you might be perfect for. | 我觉得你很适合 |
[23:40] | – Really? – Mm-hmm. | -真的吗 -没错 |
[23:42] | Howdy. | 你好吗 |
[23:44] | – Are you familiar with Planned Parenthood? – Not really. | -你了解计划生育吗 -不太了解 |
[23:47] | So there I was, | 所以我就在那儿 |
[23:49] | proudly waving the Planned Parenthood banner. | 骄傲地挥舞着计划生育的旗帜 |
[23:51] | And six months later, | 六个月后 |
[23:53] | after I graduated with my degree in psychology, | 在我获得心理学学位后 |
[23:56] | my cause became my career, | 我的目标成了我的事业 |
[23:59] | despite the disapproval of virtually everyone in my life. | 尽管生活中 几乎每个人都不赞成 |
[24:03] | The way I see it, the real issue is viability. | 在我看来 关键点是生存能力 |
[24:05] | At that point, the fetus | 在某一点后 胎儿就具备了 |
[24:07] | could live outside the womb. | 在子宫外生存的能力 |
[24:08] | But before that, it’s just undeveloped tissue | 但在那之前 它只是一些无法自我生存 |
[24:10] | that couldn’t possibly survive on its own. | 未发育完全的组织而已 |
[24:12] | Abby, how can you say it’s okay to abort | 艾比 你怎么能说怀孕八周后 |
[24:14] | at eight weeks | 堕胎就可以 |
[24:14] | but not at 24? | 但二十四周后就不行了 |
[24:16] | Viability keeps changing | 随着医学的进步 |
[24:17] | as medical science improves. | 胎儿的生存能力也在不断变化 |
[24:18] | Are you saying that the measure of what’s moral or immoral | 你的意思是 评判道德的标准 |
[24:21] | changes as medical science advances? | 会随着医学的进步而变化吗 |
[24:23] | What I’m saying is that I’m not going to apologize | 我的意思是我不会为做了一份 |
[24:25] | for doing a job that helps women in crisis. | 能帮助处于危机中女性的工作而道歉 |
[24:28] | I love my job. I am committed to doing it. | 我喜欢我的工作 我致力于此 |
[24:31] | It is who I am. | 这就是我 |
[24:33] | It is part of what makes me me. | 这是使我成为我自己的一部分 |
[24:37] | Take it or leave it. | 不接受拉倒 |
[24:38] | Fair warning, Doug. | 提醒你一句 道格 |
[24:40] | Dr. Dobson’s book The Strong-Willed Child | 我一开始买的书里包括 |
[24:43] | was one of the first books I ever bought. | 多布森博士的书《意志坚强的孩子》 |
[24:46] | I still own it. | 我现在还留着呢 |
[24:47] | All right, who’s up for dessert? | 好了 谁想吃甜点 |
[24:48] | Abby, sweetie, why don’t you help me? | 艾比 亲爱的 过来帮帮忙吧 |
[24:52] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[25:01] | You won’t believe what happened this week. | 你不会相信这周发生了什么 |
[25:03] | A woman came in with abdominal pain, | 一个女人腹部疼痛 |
[25:05] | and when we examined her, | 我们做完检查后 |
[25:06] | we discovered it was uterine cancer. | 发现是子宫癌 |
[25:09] | That’s nice. | 不错 |
[25:12] | You don’t even care. | 你根本不在乎 |
[25:15] | More than you realize, sweetie. | 比你想象的还不在乎 亲爱的 |
[25:16] | Will you take these out to the table for me, please? | 请把这些拿出去 好吗 |
[25:25] | Okay. | 好了 |
[25:26] | Right now, I need you to listen to me and not say anything. | 现在 我需要你安静地听我说 |
[25:32] | I know you don’t agree, but to your dad and me, | 我知道你不同意 但是对你爸爸和我来说 |
[25:35] | you were our baby from the moment of conception. | 你从受孕的那一刻起就是我们的孩子 |
[25:38] | I know it’s not how you feel, | 我知道你不这么想 |
[25:40] | but it’s how we feel. | 但是我们的想法就是如此 |
[25:43] | You don’t like where she’s working? | 你不喜欢她的工作吗 |
[25:45] | I can’t stand it. | 我受不了 |
[25:49] | But you still want to marry her? | 但你还是想娶她 |
[25:51] | Oh, absolutely. | 当然 |
[25:54] | Well, ain’t love grand? | 爱情真伟大啊 |
[26:08] | You’re not supposed to look happier than I do. | 你不应该看起来比我还开心 |
[26:11] | Why not? You got it right this time. | 为什么不 这次你选对了 |
[26:15] | So there I was, making my vows again. | 所以我身处此地 再次许下誓言 |
[26:18] | Who gives this woman today to be married to this man? | 今日谁将这位女士嫁给这位男士 |
[26:21] | Her mother and I. | 她妈妈和我 |
[26:22] | This time with a guy | 这一次是与一个 |
[26:25] | who actually loved me. | 真正爱我的男人 |
[26:31] | We do have other days that you can volunteer | 如果这几天不合适的话 |
[26:33] | or other shifts if this isn’t one | 你确实可以在其他几天 |
[26:35] | that works out for you, but… | 做志愿者或轮班 但是 |
[26:36] | Just one second. Hold on. | 稍等 |
[26:40] | Abby. | 艾比 |
[26:41] | Hi, Marilisa. Any sign of the Grim Reaper? | 你好 玛丽里莎 有死神的迹象吗 |
[26:45] | No, thankfully. Mm. | 没有 谢天谢地 |
[26:47] | You look really nice today. | 你今天看起来真不错 |
[26:48] | Well, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[26:50] | I am the new counselor. | 我是新的顾问 |
[26:52] | Well, I am sure you are going to be | 好吧 我相信你会成为 |
[26:54] | the best counselor they have ever had. | 他们迄今为止最好的顾问 |
[26:56] | Friend? | 朋友吗 |
[26:57] | Fiancé. | 未婚夫 |
[27:00] | Yeah. She makes me come here. | 是啊 她逼我来的 |
[27:02] | Liar. He was out here praying most Saturdays. | 胡说 他几乎每周六都来这儿祈祷 |
[27:04] | All he did was change it to every Saturday. | 他现在是一周都不落下了 |
[27:07] | Well, congratulations, you two. | 恭喜你们两个 |
[27:10] | I wish you every happiness. | 祝你们幸福 |
[27:12] | Thanks, Abby. | 谢谢 艾比 |
[27:16] | At this stage, | 在这个阶段 |
[27:18] | between six and eight weeks, | 在六到八周之间 |
[27:19] | it’s just fetal matter, a lump of tissue, | 胎儿只是一堆物质 一块组织 |
[27:21] | not much more than a polyp or a blood clot. | 和息肉或血块没什么两样 |
[27:24] | – So it’s not a baby yet? – No, not at all. | -所以还不算是个孩子吗 -完全不 |
[27:27] | – And it can’t feel any pain? – None whatsoever. | -它不会痛吗 -它什么感觉都没有 |
[27:30] | That’s a concern for a lot of women. | 这是很多女性关心的问题 |
[27:32] | And to be honest, it was a concern for me, too. | 老实说 这也是我关心的问题 |
[27:35] | But the one thing that all experts agree on | 但所有专家都同意一点 |
[27:38] | is that, at this stage, | 那就是 在这个阶段 |
[27:39] | the fetus can’t feel anything. | 胎儿什么都感觉不到 |
[27:44] | – There’s still a part of me that isn’t sure. – I know. | -我还有一点不确定 -我知道 |
[27:46] | Trust me. | 相信我 |
[27:48] | Nobody wants to have an abortion. | 没有人想堕胎 |
[27:51] | Not like they want a new car or an ice-cream cone. | 这不像是买个新车或者冰淇淋 |
[27:55] | But most of the women who sit in that chair | 但是大多数坐在这把椅子上的女人 |
[27:59] | already know that this is a pregnancy | 都知道这不是 |
[28:01] | they aren’t prepared to deal with. | 她们所期望的怀孕 |
[28:03] | It just takes a little time to realize it. | 只是需要一点时间来发现这一点 |
[28:07] | Assuming that you want to go forward, | 假设你想继续 |
[28:10] | the procedure we’ll be performing is called a vacuum… | 我们执行的手术叫做真空 |
[28:12] | About that time, Doug and I decided | 大约那时 道格和我决定 |
[28:14] | that we wanted to make worship a part of our lives. | 让信仰成为我们生活的一部分 |
[28:16] | We found a church that seemed to be a good fit. | 我们找到了一个看起来很合适的教堂 |
[28:19] | But most Sunday mornings, | 但大多数星期天早上 |
[28:21] | I just felt left out in the cold. | 我只是觉得自己被冷落了 |
[28:23] | “For You created my innermost being. | 我的肺腑是你所造的 |
[28:25] | “You knit me together in my mother’s womb. | 我在母腹中 你已编织我 |
[28:28] | “I praise You | 我要称谢你 |
[28:29] | because I am fearfully and wonderfully made. | 因我受造奇妙可畏 |
[28:31] | All Your works are wonderful, | 你的作为奇妙 |
[28:33] | and I know them full well.” | 这是我心深知道的 |
[28:35] | What’s awesome about this passage is that we see | 这一段的精彩之处在于我们看到了 |
[28:38] | that in-in the silence of the womb, | 在寂静的子宫里 |
[28:41] | God is still forming and fashioning people | 上帝仍在以祂的形象和喜好 |
[28:45] | in His image and in His likeness. | 塑造和打磨人们 |
[28:47] | Yeah. I know exactly how you feel. | 是啊 我很清楚你的感受 |
[28:50] | I mean, I’m Catholic, | 我是说 我是天主教徒 |
[28:51] | and, on Sunday, I heard a sermon about abortion. | 星期天 我听到一个关于堕胎的布道 |
[28:53] | I don’t care what anyone says. | 我不管别人说什么 |
[28:56] | I know that I’m doing God’s work here. | 我知道我在做的是上帝的工作 |
[29:00] | Well, you guys will never guess | 你们永远猜不到 |
[29:02] | who knocked on my door last night. | 昨晚谁敲了我的门 |
[29:04] | – Who? – Shawn Carney. | -谁 -肖恩·卡尼 |
[29:06] | – Shut up. – Wait, wait, wait. | -不是吧 -等等 |
[29:08] | Sheriff Woody at the fence? | 一直在栅栏边那个”胡迪警长”吗 |
[29:10] | – That Shawn Carney? Yeah. – Oh, yeah. | -那个肖恩·卡尼 -是啊 |
[29:11] | – What did he want? – Oh, it was so weird. | -他想要什么 -太奇怪了 |
[29:13] | I open the door, and I recognize him. | 我打开门 认出了他 |
[29:16] | I’m like, “I know who you are.” | 我说 我认识你 |
[29:17] | And he recognizes me, too, and he gets all bashful. | 他也认出了我 脸一下子红了 |
[29:20] | And he’s like, “Well, we’re-we’re just doing | 他说 我们只是在做 |
[29:22] | “this, uh, simple campaign. | 一个简单的活动 |
[29:23] | “We’re trying to get people to pray | 我们试图让人们祈祷 |
[29:25] | for an end to abortion for the next, like, 40 days.” | 在接下来的40天内中止堕胎 |
[29:27] | And I said, “40 days? Like Noah and the flood 40 days?” | 我说 就像诺亚和洪水故事的40天吗 |
[29:30] | – Stop! – No! I did. | -不是吧 -不 我真的说了 |
[29:32] | – I know. And he’s like… – You are horrible. | -我知道 他就像 -你太坏了 |
[29:34] | Oh, you would’ve said the same. | 要你你也会这么说的 |
[29:35] | You would’ve said the same. | 你也会这么说的 |
[29:37] | – Okay, hold on, hold on, hold on. – Yeah? | -好了 等等 -怎么了 |
[29:39] | How many doors is he knocking on? | 他敲了多少家的门啊 |
[29:40] | Try and guess. You can’t. 25,000. | 猜猜 你猜不到的 25000家 |
[29:44] | – Where? – Yeah. Everywhere. | -他都去了哪里 -他哪里都去了 |
[29:46] | Everywhere. | 所有地方 |
[29:47] | – How is that even possible? – What does that even mean? | -这怎么可能呢 -那是什么意思 |
[29:49] | – You think he’s lying? – No. | -你认为他在撒谎吗 -不 |
[29:51] | Kid like that doesn’t know how to lie. | 像那样的孩子不知道怎么撒谎 |
[29:53] | – That’s true. – Pro-lifers are so serious. | -没错 -那些反堕胎人士永远严肃脸 |
[30:03] | Cheryl, those shoes | 谢丽尔 你的鞋子鞋子 |
[30:05] | – are amazing. – I know. Thank you. | -很好看 -我知道 谢谢 |
[30:12] | – You really fit here. – Thank you. | -你真的很适合这里 -谢谢 |
[30:14] | Are you enjoying it? | 你在这儿开心吗 |
[30:15] | Yeah, absolutely. | 是的 当然 |
[30:17] | You know what, I think it’s time | 你知道吗 我想是时候 |
[30:19] | for you to take the next step. | 让你迈出下一步了 |
[30:21] | I’d like you to meet me in the POC room in five minutes. | 五分钟后在POC室见我 |
[30:24] | – Okay. – Okay. | -好的 -好的 |
[30:29] | Did you hear that? | 你听到了吗 |
[30:30] | I really fit in here. | 我真的很适合这里 |
[30:33] | Mm-hmm. Do you know what POC stands for? | 你知道POC是什么意思吗 |
[30:36] | Products of conception. | 受孕产物 |
[30:39] | Pieces of children. | 婴儿碎片 |
[30:41] | Hope you had a light breakfast. | 希望你早饭吃得比较清淡 |
[30:44] | In our facility, | 在我们的单位中 |
[30:46] | the POC room was the Holy of Holies. | POC室是其中最圣洁的 |
[30:49] | Most of the staff never set foot in there. | 大多数员工从未踏入过那里 |
[30:52] | After a surgical abortion, each fetus | 手术流产后 每个胎儿 |
[30:54] | had to be carefully reassembled in a petri dish | 必须在培养皿中小心地被重新组装 |
[30:57] | to make sure that none of its parts were missing. | 以确保没有丢失任何部位 |
[30:59] | Because if they were, | 因为如果有 |
[31:01] | it meant that they were still inside the patient. | 这意味着它们还在病人体内 |
[31:04] | By the end of the day, there’d be 30 or 40 dishes, | 一天结束时 会有30到40个培养皿 |
[31:07] | and the doctors would have to sign off on each one. | 医生们必须为每一盘签字 |
[31:12] | I want you to see something. | 我想让你看点东西 |
[31:16] | Go ahead. | 来吧 |
[31:26] | It’s amazing. You can see everything. | 太神奇了 你能看到一切 |
[31:31] | Do you know what’s happened with every other person | 你知道其他人来到这里 |
[31:33] | who’s come in here and seen one of these? | 看到这些怎么了吗 |
[31:35] | The first thing they do? | 第一件事 |
[31:37] | They cry. | 就是哭 |
[31:40] | But not you. | 但你没有 |
[31:43] | That’s how I know you’re the one. | 这便告诉我你是最佳人选 |
[31:46] | Very soon, I’ll be called up to Houston, | 很快 我就要去休斯顿任职了 |
[31:49] | and someone will need to replace me here. | 这里需要有人代替我 |
[31:52] | Personally, I’d like it to be you. | 就我个人而言 我希望是你 |
[31:56] | I’d be honored. | 我很荣幸 |
[31:58] | Good. | 很好 |
[32:07] | Babe, are you sure you’re not pregnant? | 宝贝 你确定没有怀孕吗 |
[32:10] | No, I am not pregnant. | 是的 我没有 |
[32:14] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[32:17] | What makes you think that? | 你怎么会这么想 |
[32:20] | Nothing in particular. | 没什么特别的原因 |
[32:24] | Doug, I counsel pregnant women every day, | 道格 我每天都在为孕妇做咨询 |
[32:26] | so don’t you think that if I were to conceive, despite being on the pill, | 所以你觉得如果我服用避孕药还怀了孕 |
[32:29] | that I would be aware of it? | 我会察觉不到吗 |
[32:32] | Yeah, you’re right. | 好吧 你说得对 |
[32:33] | Forget I said anything. | 忘了我的话 |
[32:40] | – Do you have a test kit handy? – Yeah. | -你有验孕棒吗 -是的 |
[32:44] | For who? | 谁用 |
[33:02] | You know, we could take care of that for you | 你知道 如果你愿意的话 |
[33:04] | if you’d like. | 我们会帮你检查的 |
[33:11] | What?! Honey, that’s wonderful! | 什么 亲爱的 真的太棒了 |
[33:13] | I-I didn’t even know you were trying! | 我都不知道你一直在尝试 |
[33:16] | We weren’t. | 我们没有 |
[33:17] | Well, sometimes the Lord just has a plan. | 好吧 有时候天意如此 |
[33:21] | – There’s no chance… – Don’t worry, Mom. | -有没有可能 -别着急 妈妈 |
[33:23] | I never would have told you | 如果我不确定的话 |
[33:25] | if I wasn’t sure. | 我永远不会告诉你的 |
[33:26] | You’re gonna be a grandpa. | 你要当外公了 |
[33:29] | Ab? | 小艾 |
[33:30] | girl. | 孩子 |
[33:32] | we couldn’t be more proud of you. | 我们太为你骄傲了 |
[33:34] | And you’re committed to carrying this pregnancy to term? | 你要生下这个孩子吗 |
[33:37] | I am. | 是的 |
[33:39] | We are. | 我和丈夫都同意 |
[33:40] | We only have so much time, so much energy. | 我们的时间和精力是有限的 |
[33:45] | If you choose to spend it elsewhere, | 如果你选择花在其他地方 |
[33:48] | there’s less of you for here. | 这里你就无法兼顾了 |
[33:49] | I’m only telling you this for your own good. | 我告诉你这些只是为你好 |
[33:52] | I understand, but once this baby’s born, | 我明白 只要这个孩子出生以后 |
[33:54] | I promise, I am back on the pill, | 我发誓 我就会继续服药 |
[33:57] | and maybe this time it will do its job. | 或许这次能起效 |
[34:00] | Look, I already warned Doug, | 你看 我已经告诉道格 |
[34:02] | we are one and done. | 我们只要这一个 |
[34:04] | So, in the meantime, | 所以 现在你想 |
[34:05] | do you want to move me to the lab or recovery? | 要让我去实验室还是康复室工作呢 |
[34:08] | No. | 都不 |
[34:10] | Don’t you think it’ll make women uncomfortable | 你不觉得只要我出现 |
[34:12] | – once I start to show? – No. | -其他女人会觉得不舒服吗 -不觉得 |
[34:14] | If anything, | 要说有影响 |
[34:15] | it will encourage them to abort. | 也是鼓励她们去堕胎的正面影响 |
[34:19] | One of these was just administered in Exam Room 3. | 其中一个是在3号检查室进行 |
[34:21] | – Okay. – And this is from Dr. Stevens in Room 1. | -好的 -这是1号检查室史蒂文斯医生的 |
[34:23] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[34:24] | Listen to what Abby says. | 听听艾比怎么说 |
[34:26] | Rob, Christina, hi. | 罗伯 克里斯提娜 你们好啊 |
[34:27] | Abby, I am so glad you’re here. | 艾比 你在这里太好了 |
[34:29] | I really appreciate you helping us out with this. | 我真的很感激你能帮助我解决这件事 |
[34:31] | don’t worry. We’re gonna take great care of her. | 别着急 我们会好好照顾她的 |
[34:33] | it’s okay to be a little bit nervous, | 有点紧张没关系 |
[34:35] | but there’s absolutely nothing to worry about. | 但实际上没有什么可担心的 |
[34:37] | – Here’s a packet. – Thank you. | -资料在这里 -谢谢 |
[34:39] | Come on. I’ll get you checked in, okay? | 跟我来 我带你去注册 好吗 |
[34:42] | Go. | 去吧 |
[34:45] | My parents are really pressuring me to do this. | 我爸妈逼我这么做 |
[34:48] | But what if I’m still making a mistake? | 但是如果我的决定还是错误的呢 |
[34:50] | You’re not. | 你做了正确的选择 |
[34:53] | Okay? High school is no time to start raising a baby. | 好吗 高中生没有时间去养育孩子 |
[34:56] | Just relax. | 你只需要放松 |
[34:58] | The doctor’s gonna be in in just a few minutes, okay? | 医生马上就进来 好吗 |
[35:01] | Can you stay in here with me? | 你能留在这里陪我吗 |
[35:03] | Sweetie, I would, | 甜心 我可以这么做 |
[35:05] | but I am just a counselor. | 但我只是个咨询师 |
[35:07] | They don’t want me in here during the procedure. | 他们不愿意在手术过程中我还待在这里 |
[35:10] | The whole thing will take just a couple of minutes, | 整个过程不会很长时间的 |
[35:12] | and I will check in on you in the recovery room, | 我会来康复室看你 |
[35:14] | and I promise you that everything will be okay. | 我发誓一切都会好的 |
[35:47] | Oh, my God. | 天哪 |
[35:50] | Elena! | 伊莲娜 |
[35:51] | Is something wrong? | 出什么事了吗 |
[35:52] | No, no, baby, you’re fine. | 不 不 宝贝 没事的 |
[35:53] | You’re fine. | 你没事 |
[35:53] | We need to get her back in, now. | 现在要把她送回手术室 |
[35:54] | Get the chair! | 推轮椅过来 |
[35:56] | Okay, baby, we’re gonna get you to stand up. | 好的 宝贝 我们要扶着你站起来 |
[35:59] | Oh, my gosh. Oh, my gosh. Easy! | 天哪 我的天哪 慢点 |
[36:03] | It’s gonna be okay. | 会好的 |
[36:05] | – What do I do? – Get her on the table. | -我要做什么 -放她到桌子上 |
[36:06] | Oh, my gosh. | 天哪 |
[36:08] | – I got you. I got you. – You got her? | -我扶住你了 -你抱好她了吗 |
[36:09] | Oh, my God, there’s so much blood! | 天哪 这么多血 |
[36:11] | Where are the pads?! Where are the pads?! | 垫布在哪里 垫布在哪里 |
[36:12] | – the bottom-bottom drawer! – Where? | -最底下的抽屉里 -在哪里 |
[36:13] | Bottom drawer! That’s where they keep them! | 最下面的抽屉 放在那里的 |
[36:14] | So much blood. We need to stop the bleeding. | 血太多了 我们要止血 |
[36:16] | It’s gonna be okay. | 会好的 |
[36:17] | Elena, get a doctor! | 伊莲娜 叫医生 |
[36:18] | Oh, my gosh! Okay! Okay! | 天哪 好的 好的 |
[36:19] | – Doctor! – It’s gonna be okay. | -医生 -会好的 |
[36:21] | Why is this happening? | 怎么会这样 |
[36:23] | I don’t understand. I don’t understand. | 我不懂 我不明白 |
[36:26] | Damn it! Get out of the way! Gauze! | 该死 你走开 纱布 |
[36:29] | I need more gauze, now! | 我现在需要更多的纱布 |
[36:29] | I don’t know where it is. | 我不知道放在哪里 |
[36:30] | – Bring me the tray. – Okay, okay, okay. | -把托盘给我 -好 好 好 |
[36:33] | – What do I do? What do I do? – Start an I.V. | -要我做什么 -进行静脉注射 |
[36:35] | I don’t understand what’s happening. | 我不知道发生了什么 |
[36:37] | Here’s the gauze. | 纱布在这里 |
[36:39] | Make it stop. Make it stop. She’s so pale. | 快点止血吧 她很虚弱了 |
[36:41] | Uterus is reading black, completely black! | 子宫是黑的 完全黑的 |
[36:42] | What does that mean? What does that mean? | 什么意思 什么意思 |
[36:43] | – What does that mean? – It’s full of blood! | -到底什么意思 -子宫全都是血 |
[36:44] | – She’s dying! – Oh, my God! | -她要死掉了 -我的天哪 |
[36:47] | This isn’t my job. This isn’t what I do. | 这不是我的工作 我不该做这个 |
[36:48] | – Hello, hello. – Okay, okay. | -喂 喂 -好的 好的 |
[36:52] | Her pressure’s 60 over 40, pulse is thready. | 她的血压60/40 脉搏微弱 |
[36:54] | She’s gonna need a transfusion. | 她需要输血 |
[36:55] | All we have is plasma, so start her on a drip. | 我们只有血浆了 先给她打点滴 |
[36:58] | – Suction. – What went wrong? | -抽吸 -出了什么事 |
[36:59] | Why is this happening? | 为什么会发生这种事 |
[37:00] | Abby, calm down. Calm down. | 艾比 冷静 冷静下来 |
[37:01] | He’s perforated the uterus, | 子宫穿孔了 |
[37:03] | apparently without even realizing it. | 而他显然没有意识到这一点 |
[37:05] | It’s a good thing you found her when you did. | 幸好你发现她了 |
[37:06] | Okay, I’m gonna call an ambulance! | 我要叫救护车 |
[37:08] | – No! No ambulance! – No! | -不 不能叫救护车 -不行 |
[37:10] | – Cheryl, explain it to her! – No. | -谢丽尔 解释给她听 -不叫救护车 |
[37:11] | We do not do that. We never do that. | 我们不叫救护车 从来都不 |
[37:13] | Think about all the protesters outside. | 想想外面所有的抗议者 |
[37:15] | You call an ambulance, | 你一旦叫了救护车 |
[37:16] | and there’s a picture of that in the papers. | 报纸上就会出现救护车的照片 |
[37:18] | 911 calls are recorded. They can be made public. | 打911是会被记录的 会公之于众的 |
[37:21] | And there’s no way in hell I’m going to allow that to happen. | 我绝对不会让这种事情发生 |
[37:24] | Yeah, but she could die, and then if she does… | 但是她会死的 如果她死了 |
[37:26] | She is not going to die, | 她不会死的 |
[37:28] | and she is not gonna remember any of this. | 她不会记得这里发生的一切 |
[37:30] | How do you know she’s not gonna remember anything? | 你怎么知道她不会记得 |
[37:32] | We use a very strong combination of medication. | 我们使用了一种药效非常强的药物组合 |
[37:34] | Even when we wake her up, she won’t remember any of this. | 即使我们唤醒她 她也不会记得任何事 |
[37:36] | Push another round in her of some fentanyl. | 再给她注射一针芬太尼 |
[37:38] | – I’m not comfortable with that. – you know what?! | -我不想做 -我要你知道 |
[37:40] | I don’t care if you’re comfortable! Just do it! | 我不关心你的意愿 按我说的做 |
[37:42] | Injecting coagulant directly into the cervix. | 直接向宫颈注射凝血剂 |
[37:52] | See? Everything’s under control. | 你看 一切都没有问题 |
[37:54] | – Her pressure’s dropping. – I’m not leaving. | -血压降下来了 -我不走 |
[37:56] | I’m not leaving until she’s okay. | 我要看着她清醒 |
[38:06] | It’s been two hours. | 已经两个小时了 |
[38:07] | You said it was five minutes. | 你说只要5分钟 |
[38:08] | Abby… you know Abby. | 艾比 你知道艾比的 |
[38:09] | Please tell me what… I-I need to know what’s going on. | 请告诉我 我需要知道发生了什么 |
[38:11] | Okay, I’m gonna go back and check. | 好吧 我去查看一下 |
[38:12] | Please help me find out what’s happened to my daughter. | 请帮我看看我女儿怎么样了 |
[38:14] | I’m gonna go back and check. I’m sure everything is okay, okay? | 我去查看 我确定一切都好 好吗 |
[38:17] | – Will you, please? – I I’ll be right back, okay? | -麻烦你了 拜托 -我马上回来 好吗 |
[38:18] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[38:21] | I’m so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[38:35] | we are really backing up out there. | 我们真的需要结束了 |
[38:37] | And her father keeps asking why it’s taking so long. | 她爸爸一直在问怎么花这么长时间 |
[38:40] | Thank you. | 谢谢你告知 |
[38:47] | Abby? | 艾比 |
[38:48] | If you’re going to run this clinic one day, | 如果你有一天要经营这间诊所 |
[38:50] | I need to trust that you’re not gonna panic at the sight of a little blood. | 你得让我相信你不会看到一点血就惊慌 |
[38:55] | Now go out there and reassure him that everything is fine. | 现在出去安慰他一切都好 |
[39:15] | Just a little blood. | 只是一点血而已 |
[39:33] | Rob. | 罗伯 |
[39:35] | Christina’s fine. | 克里斯提娜很好 |
[39:37] | But we had another patient | 但有另外一个病人 |
[39:38] | who forgot to mention an allergy to a medication that we use. | 忘了告知她对我们使用的药物过敏 |
[39:41] | So it’s taking a little longer than we’d like. | 所以比我们预料的时间长了点 |
[39:43] | – So she’s okay? – yes, she’s… | -所以她没事吗 -是的 她 |
[39:45] | – Everything’s all right? – She’s fine. | -一切都顺利吗 -是的 |
[39:46] | thank God. | 感谢上帝 |
[39:48] | So how much longer is she gonna be? | 那还要多长时间 |
[39:50] | the doctor should be in any second. | 医生马上就去她那里 |
[39:53] | The procedure only takes a few minutes, | 手术时间很短 |
[39:55] | and recovery will be just a little longer. | 从麻药中清醒时间会长一些 |
[39:58] | Thank you, Abby. | 谢谢你 艾比 |
[40:00] | I’ll let you know as soon as she’s out, okay? | 她好了以后我会立刻让你知道的 好吗 |
[40:02] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[40:09] | It took the doctor almost another hour, | 医生几乎又花了一个小时 |
[40:11] | but he finally got Christina stabilized. | 总算让克里斯提娜稳定下来 |
[40:14] | ♪ Call my name ♪ | ♪ 呼唤我的名字 ♪ |
[40:18] | ♪ And I will answer all you need ♪ | ♪ 我会回应你所需的一切 ♪ |
[40:25] | ♪ Is here inside my arms ♪ | ♪ 躺在我的臂弯中 ♪ |
[40:29] | ♪ Just breathe ♪ | ♪ 呼吸吧 ♪ |
[40:32] | ♪ And you’ll be safe and sound ♪ | ♪ 你会安然无恙 ♪ |
[40:35] | ♪ With me ♪ | ♪ 与我同在 ♪ |
[40:37] | Rob? | 罗伯 |
[40:44] | Christina. | 克里斯提娜 |
[40:46] | How are you, baby? | 你觉得怎么样 宝贝 |
[40:48] | Tired. I just want to go home. | 很累 我只想回家 |
[40:52] | Abby, thank you. | 艾比 谢谢你 |
[40:54] | I really appreciate what you’ve done for us. | 我真的很感激为我们做的这一切 |
[40:57] | I won’t forget it. | 我不会忘记的 |
[40:59] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[41:01] | Let’s get you home. | 我们回家吧 |
[41:14] | ♪ Cause no one knows you better than me ♪ | ♪ 没人比我更了解你 ♪ |
[41:20] | ♪ And no one’s been a better friend ♪ | ♪ 没有比我更好的朋友了 ♪ |
[41:25] | ♪ So rock-a-bye baby ♪ | ♪ 所以好好睡吧宝贝 ♪ |
[41:28] | ♪ Come and rest ♪ | ♪ 快来安眠 ♪ |
[41:32] | ♪ You’ve been tired lately ♪ | ♪ 你近来充满疲累 ♪ |
[41:35] | ♪ Lay your head down ♪ | ♪ 好好睡 ♪ |
[41:38] | ♪ Don’t you think, baby, I know best? ♪ | ♪ 宝贝不觉得我知你甚多 ♪ |
[41:45] | ♪ I’ve been a father for a long time… ♪ | ♪ 我已经为人父很久了 ♪ |
[41:56] | We are all locked up. | 我们都被锁起来了 |
[42:00] | Everybody’s gone? | 都走了吗 |
[42:02] | – Recovery room? – Empty. | -康复室呢 -没人 |
[42:04] | – And Cheryl? – Just pulled out of the lot. | -谢丽尔呢 -刚从停车场出来 |
[42:07] | Surprise! | 惊喜 |
[42:12] | Yay! We’re having a baby! | 耶 我们这里有个小宝宝了 |
[42:18] | And later that afternoon, | 之后的那天下午 |
[42:20] | after terminating 38 pregnancies | 在四小时之内 |
[42:22] | in the space of four hours, | 诊所为38名孕妇堕了胎 |
[42:23] | we spent two hours celebrating mine | 而我们花了两个小时为我庆祝 |
[42:26] | with cake and flowers and baby gifts. | 有蛋糕 花束和给婴儿的礼物 |
[42:28] | – Aw. – This is so soft, too. Okay. | -哇 -这也太软了 可以 |
[42:34] | Abby! | 艾比 |
[42:36] | You’re expecting! | 你怀孕了 |
[42:38] | What gave it away? | 你是怎么知道的 |
[42:41] | When are you due? | 预产期什么时候 |
[42:44] | Thanksgiving. Mine, too. | -感恩节 -我也是 |
[42:47] | Seriously? | 真的吗 |
[42:48] | You’re so tiny. | 你的肚子看起来太小了 |
[42:50] | Not for much longer. | 再过不了多久就看出来了 |
[42:53] | Think about how much fun Christmas will be. | 想想圣诞节会多么有趣 |
[42:55] | Is there any greater blessing than a new baby? | 有比新生儿更好的祝福吗 |
[42:58] | It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[43:00] | And I agree. In the right circumstances. | 在正常情况下我认同你 |
[43:09] | Good to see you, Abby. You, too. | -再见艾比 -再见 |
[43:24] | Around that time, | 大概那时候 |
[43:26] | Shawn Carney and his friends started their first ever | 肖恩·卡尼和他的朋友开始了第一次 |
[43:29] | 40 Days for Life prayer-a-thon. | 为生命祈祷40天的活动 |
[43:32] | 24 hours a day, seven days a week, | 他们一周七天连轴无休地 |
[43:35] | there were people praying outside of our clinic. | 在我们诊所门外祈祷 |
[43:37] | These are extremist zealots | 这些极端的狂热分子 |
[43:39] | that will stop at nothing to restrict a woman’s right to choose. | 做什么都不能限制女人的选择权 |
[43:42] | So, are you concerned for your safety and that of your staff? | 那么 你关心你和员工的安危吗 |
[43:45] | Yes, absolutely. Violence is a real possibility… | 当然 暴力真的能 |
[43:47] | Cheryl was beside herself, | 谢丽尔很激动 |
[43:49] | but I didn’t pay much attention. | 但我不是很关心 |
[43:51] | I was otherwise engaged. | 我被其他事牵制着 |
[44:02] | Baby? Baby? | 亲爱的 亲爱的 |
[44:04] | I hate to tell you this, | 我很不想告诉你 |
[44:06] | but he says you’re only two centimeters apart. | 但他说你宫颈只开了两厘米 |
[44:09] | What?! | 什么 |
[44:13] | Maybe it was a bad time to bring it up. | 或许现在还不是生时候 |
[44:16] | Just shut up! | 闭嘴吧你 |
[44:17] | Just don’t-don’t touch me. | 别 别碰我 |
[44:19] | And a mere 22 hours later… | 将近22小时后 |
[44:22] | Two centimeters! | 2厘米 |
[44:25] | …I gave birth to a precious baby girl. | 我生了个宝贝女儿 |
[44:28] | We named her Grace. He’s downstairs. | -给她取名叫格蕾丝 -他在楼下 |
[44:30] | He hasn’t seen a poopy diaper in a long time, | 他很久没见过尿布了 |
[44:33] | and I think now’s the perfect time to show him one. | 我想现在是给他看看的最好时机 |
[44:35] | Oh, he’ll love that. | 哦 他会很喜欢的 |
[44:40] | Are you looking forward to being home? | 你想要回家吗 |
[44:43] | Yeah, for the next eight weeks, I am. | 当然 也就接下来的八周吧 |
[44:45] | Don’t you think that child needs you? | 你不觉得孩子很需要你 |
[44:48] | And she’ll have me. | 她有我啊 |
[44:51] | Cheryl’s being promoted and transferred to Houston. | 谢丽尔要升职调到休斯顿了 |
[44:54] | She wants me to be the director of the clinic. | 她想我成为诊所的主任 |
[44:57] | I would be the youngest director | 我将会成为计划生育史上 |
[44:59] | in Planned Parenthood history. | 最年轻的主任 |
[45:01] | It’s not the kind of opportunity you just pass up. | 这种机会可不能让它溜走啊 |
[45:03] | Abby, I don’t know what you want me to say. | 艾比 我不知道你想让我怎么说 |
[45:07] | I’m proud of your accomplishments. I am. | 我为你的成就而自豪 真的 |
[45:11] | But I can’t pretend to like your choice of career. | 但我不能假装喜欢你选择的职业 |
[45:13] | Have you thought about the fact that, as the director, | 你有没有想过 作为主任 |
[45:17] | you’ll actually be in charge of the abortions at your clinic? | 你要对诊所里的堕胎工作负责 |
[45:19] | Don’t you see that it’s different | 你有没有想过这和 |
[45:21] | from counseling women about their choices? | 给女性做心理咨询是不一样的 |
[45:23] | Sure, but now I can make ours the best clinic | 当然 但我可以让我们的诊所成为 |
[45:26] | in the entire affiliate. | 各个分院中最好的一个 |
[45:27] | And decrease the number of unwanted pregnancies. | 我可以帮助减少意外怀孕的数量 |
[45:31] | This is my chance to make a real difference. | 这是我真正能够做出改变的机会 |
[45:35] | Mom, what’s wrong? | 妈妈 有什么错吗 |
[45:39] | I guess I hoped that Grace’s birth | 我想我是希望格蕾丝的出世 |
[45:41] | meant the end of all this. | 能结束这一切 |
[45:44] | But, um, obviously it doesn’t. | 但是 嗯 很显然并没有 |
[46:07] | She’s not leaving. | 她不会辞职 |
[46:10] | I have to believe that she will, sooner or later. | 我相信她早晚会辞职的 |
[46:15] | No. | 不 |
[46:17] | She won’t. | 她不会 |
[46:19] | She’s got aspirations. | 她有志向 |
[46:35] | Babe, are we ever gonna sleep again? | 亲爱的 我们还能再睡着吗 |
[46:39] | No. | 不能 |
[46:41] | But you’re the one that gets to get up tonight. | 但是今晚该你起床照顾孩子了 |
[46:43] | I get up every night. | 我每天晚上都会起来的 |
[46:51] | I’m gonna pray that if I’m not supposed to get the job, | 我在祈祷 如果我命中不该做这份工作 |
[46:55] | then I won’t get the promotion. | 就让我不要升职 |
[46:58] | But you already applied for the job, right? | 但是你已经申请这份工作了 对吗 |
[47:01] | Yeah. So? | 是的 所以呢 |
[47:02] | So you’re asking God to show His will | 所以你要让上帝通过停止 |
[47:04] | by stopping something that you’ve already set in motion. | 你已经为之努力的事 来显示祂的神迹吗 |
[47:07] | Why not? He’s God. He can intervene. | 为什么不行 祂是上帝 能干预一切 |
[47:11] | If I get the job, | 如果我得到这份工作 |
[47:13] | I’ll know that it’s His will for me to run the clinic. | 我就会知道 祂想让我经营这家诊所 |
[47:16] | Whatever you say, hon. | 你说什么都对 |
[47:18] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[47:27] | The next day, I got the promotion. | 第二天 我得到了升职 |
[47:30] | From now on, no more harassing the protesters | 从现在起 不要再骚扰抗议者 |
[47:32] | or calling the police | 或是报警 |
[47:33] | unless we’ve identified someone as dangerous. | 除非我们认定有危险的人 |
[47:35] | Wait, so we’re just gonna give the anti-choicers a free pass? | 等等 所以我们要让抗议者自由通行吗 |
[47:37] | We’re going to treat them with respect | 我们要尊重他们 |
[47:39] | and expect the same in return. | 并期待得到同样的回报 |
[47:41] | And definitely no turning on the sprinklers. | 绝对不能再打开洒水器 |
[47:42] | Planned Parenthood. This is Renee. | 这里是计划生育 我是蕾妮 |
[47:44] | No more letting them get under our skin | 不要让他们激怒我们 |
[47:45] | or losing our tempers. | 或让我们失去理性 |
[47:47] | We’re doing a good thing here, | 我们做的是好的事 |
[47:49] | and the best way to reinforce that | 最好的证明办法 |
[47:51] | isn’t with words but actions. | 不是用言语而是行动 |
[47:53] | Okay. Okay, ma’am. Of course. | 好 好的 女士 当然 |
[47:55] | Abby, there’s a woman circling the block right now, | 艾比 有位女士正徘徊在我们楼边 |
[47:58] | and she can’t come in because somebody’s filming outside. | 她没办法进来 因为有人在外面拍视频 |
[48:01] | This is the third complaint this morning. | 这已经是今天第三次投诉了 |
[48:02] | I’ll take care of this. | 我来处理 |
[48:04] | Okay. Ma’am, I am so sorry about that. | 女士可以了 为此感到抱歉 |
[48:06] | My boss is on it right now. | 我们院长在处理这件事 |
[48:09] | Are you getting everything? | 全部都拍到了吗 |
[48:14] | Uh-oh. | 糟糕 |
[48:17] | – Hi. – Hi. Hi, Abby. I-I hear you’ve been promoted. | -嗨 -你好艾比 我听说你升职了 |
[48:20] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[48:21] | I’ll understand if you’re not anxious to congratulate me. | 如果你不想祝贺我 我可以理解 |
[48:23] | No, actually I was thinking that | 没有 事实上我在想 |
[48:24] | the women coming in here will finally have someone | 来这的女人终于会有一个 |
[48:26] | who cares about them running things. | 真正关心她们的主任了 |
[48:28] | Is this your camera? | 那是你的摄像机吗 |
[48:30] | – Yes. – I need it gone. | -是的 -把它撤走 |
[48:32] | I’m sorry, but we can’t do that. | 很抱歉 但我们不能这么做 |
[48:33] | Sure, you can. Just take it off the tripod, | 你可以 就把它从三脚架上拿下来 |
[48:36] | pack it up and take it back to your office. | 装起来然后带回你的办公室 |
[48:38] | Abby, we’ve been accused of a lot of things, | 艾比 我们被告过很多次 |
[48:40] | some of them criminal. | 其中有些还是刑事控告 |
[48:42] | This camera is our best evidence that what we’re doing | 这台摄像机是我们最好的证据 |
[48:43] | is peaceful and nonconfrontational. | 我们做的是和平的 而非对抗的 |
[48:45] | Shawn, this is not the way | 肖恩 你不该这样 |
[48:48] | that you want to start out our new relationship, okay? | 开始我们的新关系 知道吗 |
[48:51] | Just angle it away from the fence; that’s all I’m asking. | 我只请求你们不要拍摄栅栏内部 |
[48:54] | Can’t do it. We need to see what’s actually going on. | 做不到 我们要看看到底发生了什么 |
[48:56] | If there’s ever any question, we need it to be clear. | 如果有任何问题 我们需要澄清 |
[48:59] | Mm-hmm. | 嗯 |
[49:01] | Sometimes I don’t mind you guys, | 有时候我不会介意你们 |
[49:04] | but this morning, you’re really pissing me off. | 但今天上午 你们是真的让我很生气 |
[49:12] | And for your information, Shawn, there have always been | 顺便告诉你一句 肖恩 |
[49:14] | people willing to defend basic human rights. | 自古以来一直有人在捍卫基本的人权 |
[49:16] | First there was the fight against slavery. | 首先是反对奴隶制 |
[49:18] | Then it was the people who stood up against the Holocaust. | 然后有人站出来反对大屠杀 |
[49:19] | Later it was a battle for civil rights. | 之后是争夺公民权利的内战 |
[49:22] | And now it is Planned Parenthood standing up | 现在是计划生育 |
[49:24] | for the reproductive rights of women. | 来维护女人的生育权利 |
[49:26] | Abby, you don’t need to justify your job… | 艾比 你不需要为你的工作辩护 |
[49:27] | I’m not justifying anything, okay? | 我没有为任何东西辩护 好吗 |
[49:28] | I’m just trying to explain to you… | 我只是在向你解释 |
[49:30] | And you don’t need to explain what you’re doing either. | 你也不需要解释你在做什么 |
[49:31] | The truth is you’ve just cited three examples in justice, | 事实是你列举了三个正义的例子 |
[49:35] | slavery, segregation and the Holocaust. | 奴隶制 种族隔离和大屠杀 |
[49:38] | That can only occur when a whole segment | 这只会发生在人口中的一部分 |
[49:39] | of the population is dehumanized. | 被完全抹杀时 |
[49:42] | And that’s exactly what Planned Parenthood does to the unborn. | 而这正是计划生育对胎儿所做的事情 |
[49:55] | Well, that went well. | 很顺利啊 |
[49:57] | Yeah. She’ll be fine. | 当然 她会没事的 |
[50:11] | What are you smiling about? | 你笑什么 |
[50:13] | You got to give her this. She got us to move the camera. | 必须得这么对她 她让我们撤摄像机啊 |
[50:18] | Part of my job as clinic director | 作为主任 我的部分工作是 |
[50:20] | was selling abortions, and I was really good at it. | 宣传堕胎 我很擅长做这个 |
[50:24] | You know those guys who try to sell you time-shares | 你知道那些兜售分时度假房的人 |
[50:27] | in places you never even heard of? | 卖的房子在你从没听过的地方吗 |
[50:29] | They had nothing on me. | 他们对我不了解 |
[50:32] | But, Jane, you’re eight weeks pregnant. | 但是珍妮 你怀孕八周了 |
[50:34] | You’ve already spent $150 on an ultrasound. | 你已经花150美元做超声波 |
[50:37] | If I book you today, I’m authorized to credit that | 若我今天给你预定 我有权 |
[50:39] | towards the cost of your procedure. | 把这笔费用记在你的手术费里 |
[50:40] | But if you walk out of this office, | 但如果你走出这个诊所 |
[50:43] | then the soonest I can book you again is two weeks from today. | 我能给你预定的最快的时间是两星期后 |
[50:45] | And at ten weeks, the price goes up $100, | 怀孕十周 价格会再增加100美元 |
[50:46] | plus you lose the discount. | 也不能打折了 |
[50:49] | Choosing to wait’s gonna cost you an additional $250. | 选择等待只会让你再额外交250美元 |
[50:52] | So, is there any reason that we shouldn’t go ahead | 所以 我们还有什么理由 |
[50:54] | and schedule your appointment today? | 不在今天就把手术安排好呢 |
[50:57] | You take credit cards, right? | 可以用信用卡吗 |
[50:58] | Absolutely. | 当然 |
[51:00] | Okay, can I put you on hold, please? | 好的 请稍等一下吗 |
[51:03] | Okay, thanks. | 好 谢谢 |
[51:06] | I’m not doing this. This is all you. | 我做不来 只有你才行 |
[51:12] | Hi. This is Abby Johnson. I’m the clinic director. | 你好 我是艾比·约翰逊 诊所主任 |
[51:14] | Do you have a back parking lot? | 你们有后院停车场吗 |
[51:15] | One where, like, I can’t be seen from the street? | 一个从前面看不到的停车场 |
[51:18] | No, I’m sorry, we don’t. | 没有 很抱歉 我们没有 |
[51:20] | All of our parking is out front. | 我们所有的停车场都在前面 |
[51:21] | Is there a problem? | 有什么麻烦吗 |
[51:23] | No. It’s not that big of a deal. | 不 没什么大不了 |
[51:25] | It’s just that my family’s outside the clinic praying. | 就是我的家人每天在诊所外祈祷 |
[51:28] | They know that I’m coming in today, | 他们知道我今天要来 |
[51:29] | and they’re trying to talk me out of it. | 他们会把我带走 |
[51:31] | Okay. Um, how about this? | 好吧 嗯 这样行吗 |
[51:32] | Park as close as you can to the door, | 尽量停在门口附近 |
[51:35] | and I will come out and escort you in. | 我会出去把你带进来 |
[51:40] | Rhonda. Rhonda, baby, please don’t do this. | 伦达 亲爱的 求你不要这样做 |
[51:45] | Pl-Please. | 求 求你了 |
[51:47] | Please don’t do this. | 求你了 别这样做 |
[51:49] | W-Whatever you need, you can come live with us. | 不管你需要什么 你可以和我们一起过 |
[51:52] | Hey, Lily. Hi. | 嘿 莉莉 嗨 |
[51:54] | Hey, baby. | 嘿 宝宝 |
[51:57] | Why are you crying, Grammy? | 外婆你怎么哭了 |
[52:01] | Grammy’s just a little upset, okay? | 外婆只是有点伤心 好吧 |
[52:04] | – Hey, baby, let’s go inside. – Love you. | -宝宝 我们进去吧 -我们爱你啊 |
[52:05] | Let’s go inside with mommy, okay? | 我们跟妈妈进去 好吗 |
[52:08] | Mommy’s coming, too. Let’s go. | 妈妈也去 走吧 |
[52:09] | That baby you’re carrying… | 你怀的那个孩子 |
[52:11] | it’s gonna be just as beautiful as Lily. | 将来会和莉莉一样美丽 |
[52:15] | Rhonda, think about the joy that she’s brought us! | 伦达 想想她带给我们的快乐 |
[52:19] | Now think about a world without her! | 想象一下没有她的世界 |
[52:21] | Rhonda, don’t do this! | 伦达 别这样 |
[52:25] | – Rhonda! – Are you okay? | -伦达 -你还好吗 |
[52:26] | Because if you need to talk about it, | 因为如果你需要谈谈 |
[52:27] | you know, it seems like you have a lot of support | 你知道 如果你决定把孩子留下 |
[52:30] | from your family if you decided to keep the baby. | 似乎你的家人会给你更多支持 |
[52:32] | It’s okay. That’s just my mom. | 没事 只有我妈这样 |
[52:33] | It’s how she is. | 她就是这样的 |
[52:34] | Trust me, I’m fine. | 相信我 我没事 |
[52:36] | Please, I can’t go through this! | 求你了 我接受不了 |
[52:40] | – Rhonda! – Fine? | -伦达 -没事吗 |
[52:43] | – How could she be fine? – God, help me. | -她怎么会没事 -天啊 帮帮我 |
[52:45] | I was deeply shaken by what I’d just seen. | 我被刚才那一幕深深震撼到了 |
[52:49] | Help me. Help me, God. | 帮帮我 帮帮我 上帝啊 |
[52:51] | The family stayed and prayed for an hour. | 那家人留下来祈祷了整整一个小时 |
[52:55] | Then another hour. | 又一个小时 |
[52:57] | Then finally they went home. | 最后 他们终于回家了 |
[53:01] | Someday… | 总有一天 |
[53:04] | this place is gonna close. | 这地方会关门的 |
[53:07] | It has to. | 不得不关 |
[53:09] | ♪ Take the lead and I will follow… ♪ | ♪ 你带头我会跟你走 ♪ |
[53:12] | I can’t continue with this constant heartache. | 我无法忍受这种不断的心痛 |
[53:16] | I couldn’t stop thinking about | 我不停地想到 |
[53:18] | the abortions I’d hidden from my own mom. | 我对自己母亲隐瞒的堕胎的事情 |
[53:23] | And later, once the building was empty, | 后来 人去楼空之后 |
[53:26] | I did something I’d avoided for a long time. | 我做了一件很长时间以来一直在回避的事 |
[53:30] | ♪ When my faith gets tired and my hope seems lost ♪ | ♪ 当我信仰疲惫 希望变得渺茫 ♪ |
[53:38] | ♪ You spin me round and round and remind me of that song ♪ | ♪ 你的回忆围绕着我想起那首歌 ♪ |
[53:44] | ♪ The one you wrote for me ♪ | ♪ 那首你为我而作的歌 ♪ |
[54:04] | ♪ And I’ve been told ♪ | ♪ 你告诉我 ♪ |
[54:07] | ♪ To pick up my sword and fight for love ♪ | ♪ 拾起武器为爱奋斗 ♪ |
[54:11] | ♪ Little did I know that love had won for me ♪ | ♪ 我不曾知道爱使我胜利 ♪ |
[54:18] | ♪ Here in your arms ♪ | ♪ 在你的怀抱里 ♪ |
[54:22] | ♪ You still my heart again ♪ | ♪ 你是我的小心肝 ♪ |
[54:25] | ♪ And I breathe you in like I’ve never breathed till now ♪ | ♪ 我嗅着你的味道好像初次呼吸 ♪ |
[54:33] | ♪ When my faith gets tired and my hope seems lost… ♪ | ♪ 当我信仰疲惫 希望变得渺茫 ♪ |
[54:41] | Do you have any idea how much I love you? | 你知道我有多爱你吗 |
[54:42] | ♪ You spin me round and round and remind me of that song ♪ | ♪ 你的回忆围绕着我想起那首歌 ♪ |
[54:47] | ♪ The one you wrote for me ♪ | ♪ 那首你为我而作的歌 ♪ |
[54:51] | ♪ And we dance ♪ | ♪ 我们共舞 ♪ |
[54:57] | ♪ Oh, we dance ♪ | ♪ 我们共舞 ♪ |
[55:05] | ♪ Oh, and we dance, we dance ♪ | ♪ 我们共舞 我们共舞 ♪ |
[55:13] | ♪ We dance ♪ | ♪ 我们共舞 ♪ |
[55:16] | ♪ Just you and me ♪ | ♪ 只有你和我 ♪ |
[55:21] | ♪ It’s nice to know not alone ♪ | ♪ 很庆幸我不孤独 ♪ |
[55:24] | ♪ I found my home here in your arms ♪ | ♪ 你的怀抱就是我温暖的家 ♪ |
[55:31] | For a while, life settled into a predictable routine. | 有一段时间 生活陷入了平庸的规律中 |
[55:35] | Looking back, it was like a calm before the storm, | 回首往事 就像暴风雨前的宁静 |
[55:38] | a really big storm. | 一场真正的暴风雨 |
[55:42] | Mention “Houston” and “hurricane” in the same breath, | 同时提到”休斯顿”和”飓风”两个词 |
[55:45] | and people immediately think of Harvey. | 人们立刻就会想到”哈维” |
[55:47] | Not many folks remember hurricane Ike, | 没多少人记得”艾克”飓风 |
[55:49] | which is really weird given that, when it landed, | 这真的很奇怪 当它登陆时 |
[55:52] | it was the third most destructive hurricane in U.S. History. | 它是美国历史上第三大破坏力的飓风 |
[55:55] | And what made Ike even scarier | 让”艾克”更加可怕的原因是 |
[55:57] | was that it was headed straight for us. | 它直接朝我们过来了 |
[56:00] | …where it will make landfall, but by Saturday, somewhere… | 在那里登陆 但到了周六 有些地区 |
[56:02] | Are you watching this? | 你在看吗 |
[56:04] | …dealing with a category 4 monster. | 与四级的怪兽飓风打交道 |
[56:06] | You need to contact all of your scheduled clients | 你得联系你日程安排上的所有客户 |
[56:08] | and tell them to stay home. | 让她们待在家里 |
[56:10] | But we have 40 women depending on us. | 但是有40个女士还在指望着我们 |
[56:13] | Some of them can’t wait another two weeks. | 她们有些人没法再等两个星期 |
[56:15] | It’ll be past the cutoff. | 会超出截止日期的 |
[56:17] | Can’t we wait a little longer before canceling? | 我们不能再等几天再取消吗 |
[56:19] | Mm, no. If anything were to happen, we could be sued. | 不行 如果出了事 我们会被起诉的 |
[56:22] | We cannot afford the liability. | 我们承担不了这个责任 |
[56:24] | I mean, at this point, | 我是说 在这个时间点 |
[56:25] | half of Houston’s already packing up to leave. | 休斯顿有一半人已经打包跑路了 |
[56:27] | What if I bring in everyone early, | 如果我早点把她们叫来呢 |
[56:29] | I rebook the doctor for Friday instead of Saturday? | 我重新预约医生周五来而不是周六呢 |
[56:31] | I’ll have everyone in and out by 3:00 P.M. | 我让所有人在下午三点前做完 |
[56:34] | Mm, I don’t know if that’s a good idea. | 我不确定那是不是个好主意 |
[56:36] | We have to call all the clients anyway. | 反正我都得给顾客打电话 |
[56:38] | Then we give them a choice. | 我们让她们自己选 |
[56:40] | Rebook two weeks from now or come in tomorrow. | 要么重新预约两周后来要么明天来 |
[56:44] | Do it. | 那行 |
[56:46] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[56:49] | Motorists stranded, major winds, | 驾驶员被超级大风所困 |
[56:50] | and loss of power potentially for several million customers. | 可能会导致数百万用户断电 |
[56:54] | We absolutely cannot be here on Saturday. | 我们周六真的不能待在这 |
[56:56] | Wait. Why? | 等等 为什么 |
[56:57] | The building’s solid, and we have a backup generator. | 大楼很坚固 我们还有备用发电机 |
[56:59] | But traveling is going to be impossible, | 但是交通已经瘫痪了 |
[57:01] | with falling trees, downed power lines, | 树倒了 电线也倒了 |
[57:03] | not to mention the flooding. | 更不用说还有洪水了 |
[57:05] | Plus, it’s probably gonna be illegal to drive by tomorrow night. | 再说了 明晚开车可能都是违法的 |
[57:07] | We need to call every woman on this list. | 我们得给这个名单上的所有女士打电话 |
[57:09] | They can’t come on Saturday. | 她们周六不能过来 |
[57:10] | I’m hoping to rebook them for tomorrow. | 希望他们预约明天 |
[57:13] | Tomorrow? | 明天 |
[57:14] | I’m bringing in two surgeons. | 我会带两个外科医生来 |
[57:16] | We’re running procedures in both rooms simultaneously. | 我们在两个房间同时进行手术 |
[57:18] | Everything needs to run like clockwork. | 争分夺秒 |
[57:20] | We don’t have time to make mistakes. | 我们没有失误的时间 |
[57:23] | Once the last patient is through recovery, we’re gone. | 一等最后一名病人休息好 我们就走 |
[57:25] | No paperwork, no cleanup. | 不做文书工作 不用清理 |
[57:27] | We bolt the door, race home, and hunker down. | 我们关上门 赶回家 躲好 |
[57:30] | But to make this work, we’re gonna need everyone’s help. | 想要完美结束 我们需要每一个人的帮助 |
[57:32] | So are you guys in? | 所以你们加入吗 |
[57:34] | – Yeah, I’m in. Whatever you need. – Yeah. | -行 如你所愿 -行 |
[57:35] | – Let’s do it. – Okay. | -说干就干 -好 |
[57:37] | Then let’s divvy this up and get started. | 那我们分头开始工作吧 |
[57:41] | We want to be discreet because… | 我们要谨慎 因为 |
[57:43] | ♪ Whatever it is you may be going through… ♪ | ♪ 不管你经历了什么 ♪ |
[57:47] | And the following day, | 第二天 |
[57:49] | with less than 18 hours’ notice, | 在通知时间不到18个小时的情况下 |
[57:51] | we brought in every one of our scheduled patients, | 预约的每一个病人都开了 |
[57:54] | performed their procedures | 我们为她们做完了手术 |
[57:55] | And got them safely home. | 她们都安全地回了家 |
[57:58] | Ashley… | 艾希莉 |
[57:59] | ♪ Stay in the fight ♪ | ♪ 坚持战斗 ♪ |
[58:00] | ♪ Till the final round ♪ | ♪ 直到最后一轮 ♪ |
[58:02] | ♪ You’re not going under ♪ | ♪ 你不会输的 ♪ |
[58:07] | ♪ ‘Cause God is holding you right now… ♪ | ♪ 因为上帝在帮你 ♪ |
[58:09] | Including two women whose loser boyfriends | 包括两个有渣男友的女士 |
[58:13] | bailed on them while they were inside, | 那两个男人当她们手术的时候跑了 |
[58:15] | something that happened pretty routinely, even on normal days. | 即使在平常的日子里也会发生这种事 |
[58:38] | – Mommy, you’re home! – Oh, hi, baby. | -妈咪 你回来啦 -嗨 宝贝 |
[58:40] | Mommy is wet. | 妈妈身上淋湿了 |
[58:43] | Are you okay? | 你没事吧 |
[58:44] | Yeah, baby. Why? | 没事啊 宝贝 怎么了 |
[58:46] | Your shoes are all bloody. | 你鞋子上有血 |
[58:50] | Oh. You know what? | 知道吗 |
[58:54] | Mommy was helping a lady at the office, | 妈妈在办公室帮助一位女士 |
[58:56] | and she had a nosebleed. | 她流鼻血了 |
[58:58] | But I took care of her, and she’s all better now. | 但是我照顾好她了 她没事了 |
[59:01] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[59:03] | Guess what I’d really like to do right now. | 猜猜我现在想做什么 |
[59:06] | What? | 什么 |
[59:07] | Have a tea party, just you and me. | 开一场茶话会 就你和我 |
[59:12] | I’ll go get it all set up. | 我去准备好 |
[59:18] | Proud of yourself? | 为自己感到自豪吗 |
[59:20] | Nobody ever said abortion was pretty. | 没人说过堕胎是美差 |
[59:40] | Our first order of business is to present | 我们首先要颁发的是 |
[59:42] | Planned Parenthood’s Employee of the Year award. | 计划生育年度员工奖 |
[59:45] | And the award goes to… Abby Johnson. | 得奖人是 艾比·约翰逊 |
[59:54] | Congratulations, Abby. | 恭喜你 艾比 |
[59:55] | And, ladies, I don’t think it’s any coincidence | 而且 女士们 我认为艾比的诊所 |
[59:57] | that Abby’s clinic is the only one to be | 每月都能成为模范诊所 |
[1:00:00] | consistently on target on a month-to-month basis. | 这不是什么巧合 |
[1:00:02] | Well done. | 干得漂亮 |
[1:00:05] | Second, I can finally confirm the rumors that have been swirling around. | 其次 我终于能确定这段时间的传言了 |
[1:00:10] | National has given its approval. | 国家已经批准了 |
[1:00:12] | Gulf Coast will soon be breaking ground on this facility. | 海湾海岸很快将破土动工建立这所机构了 |
[1:00:20] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[1:00:21] | 78,000 square feet of state-of-the-art medical center, | 78000平方英尺的先进医疗中心 |
[1:00:26] | making us the largest ambulatory surgical facility | 这使我们拥有了西半球最大的 |
[1:00:29] | in the Western Hemisphere, allowing us to perform | 移动外科设施 容许我们执行 |
[1:00:31] | procedures all the way to 24 weeks. | 最高24周孕期的堕胎手术 |
[1:00:35] | But we’re facing some challenges as well. | 但同时我们也要面对一些挑战 |
[1:00:37] | Three hurricanes in four years | 四年来的三次飓风 |
[1:00:38] | have emptied our cash reserves, | 耗尽了我们所有的资金储备 |
[1:00:40] | so take note. | 所以要注意 |
[1:00:41] | We are expanding chemically induced abortions | 我们将把化学引导堕胎项目扩张到 |
[1:00:43] | to every day of the week. | 一周中的每一天 |
[1:00:45] | Now take a look at the learning packets in front of you, if you would. | 如果你愿意的话 看看你们面前的资料 |
[1:00:49] | And there you will find that each of your clinics | 在那里你会发现你们每个诊所 |
[1:00:51] | are being assigned growth targets | 都被分配了增长指标 |
[1:00:53] | to double last year’s totals on elective terminations. | 要完成去年双倍的堕胎次数 |
[1:00:57] | Has she lost her mind? | 她疯了吗 |
[1:00:58] | Because our margin is better on chemicals than surgicals, | 因为我们在化学药品方面比手术更胜一筹 |
[1:01:00] | with no doctors cutting into our fees, we are going to… | 没有了医生削减费用 我们将 |
[1:01:04] | Abby? | 艾比 |
[1:01:09] | Well, it’s just that abortion has never been my main priority. | 那个 堕胎一直都不是我的主要任务 |
[1:01:13] | Just look at our mission statement on page three. | 看看第三页的任务说明 |
[1:01:16] | “To provide a comprehensive range of reproductive health care | “通过患者服务 教育和倡导 |
[1:01:20] | and sexual health information | 提供全面的生殖保健 |
[1:01:21] | through patient services, education and advocacy.” | 和性健康信息 |
[1:01:25] | That’s what I’m committed to doing. | 这才是我要做的 |
[1:01:27] | So, if our stated goal is | 所以 如果我们的任务是 |
[1:01:29] | to decrease the number of abortions | 通过减少意外怀孕的次数 |
[1:01:31] | by reducing the number of unwanted pregnancies, | 来减少流产的次数 |
[1:01:34] | then why are we being asked to double our abortion count? | 那为什么我们被要求加倍堕胎 |
[1:01:41] | Why don’t we turn to page four. | 来 让我们翻到第四页 |
[1:01:44] | Thank you. | 谢谢 请坐 |
[1:01:52] | Abby. | 艾比 |
[1:01:57] | Frankly, | 坦白说 |
[1:01:58] | I am shocked at the way you sabotaged me in there. | 我对你在里面打断我的行为感到震惊 |
[1:02:00] | Is this how you thank me for all that I have done for you? | 我为了做了这么多你就是这么感谢我的吗 |
[1:02:04] | – Cheryl, I wasn’t trying… – No, Abby, | -谢丽尔 我不是 -别说了 艾比 |
[1:02:05] | let me explain something to you. | 我来给你解释一下 |
[1:02:07] | Fast food outlets look to break even on the hamburgers they sell. | 快餐店希望通过销售汉堡保持收支平衡 |
[1:02:11] | That’s all they do is break even. | 但卖汉堡只能做到收支平衡 |
[1:02:13] | Do you know how they make their money? | 可你知道他们是怎么赚钱的吗 |
[1:02:15] | – No. – On the french fries and the soda, | -不知道 -靠炸薯条和汽水 |
[1:02:17] | the low-cost high-margin items. | 靠低成本高利润的东西 |
[1:02:20] | Cheryl, I’m sorry, but I don’t understand… | 谢丽尔 抱歉 我不明白 |
[1:02:21] | Abortion is our fries and soda, but somehow | 堕胎就是炸薯条和汽水 但不知怎么的 |
[1:02:25] | you’ve just decided that it’s no longer your priority. | 你刚决定那不再是你的首要任务了 |
[1:02:28] | Abortion is what pays your salary. | 是堕胎的费用支付了你的工资 |
[1:02:33] | It pays for your matching 401K, | 支付了你的四险一金 |
[1:02:35] | your four weeks vacation, your ample sick time. | 你的四周假期和充足的病假都靠它 |
[1:02:38] | Abortion… abortion is what pays for all of it, | 堕胎 堕胎的费用支付了这一切 |
[1:02:42] | for you and your family. | 养活了你和你的家庭 |
[1:02:45] | Now, I didn’t say anything when you decided to get married, | 现在 你决定结婚的时候我什么都没说 |
[1:02:49] | and I said very little when you chose to become a mother, | 当你决定当妈妈的时候我也只说了一点点 |
[1:02:53] | although I knew it would impact your work. | 虽然我知道这会影响你的工作 |
[1:02:55] | But as clinic director, we are paying you | 但是作为诊所的主任 我们付你钱 |
[1:02:58] | to be a perfect instrument of corporate policy. | 让你成为公司政策的完美工具 |
[1:03:01] | And corporate policy is simple. | 公司政策也很简单 |
[1:03:03] | We are an abortion provider. | 我们提供堕胎 |
[1:03:07] | But we’re a nonprofit organization. | 但是我们是非盈利组织 |
[1:03:09] | Nonprofit is a tax status, | 非盈利组织是一种纳税状态 |
[1:03:11] | not a business model. | 而不是商业模式 |
[1:03:18] | Can you believe that she humiliated me like that? | 你能相信她像那样羞辱我吗 |
[1:03:21] | I mean, I’m just standing there with my award, | 我是说 我只是拿着我的奖品站在那里 |
[1:03:24] | looking like an idiot. | 看起来就像个傻子 |
[1:03:25] | And how am I supposed to double the number of abortions? | 我该怎么加倍我诊所的堕胎次数 |
[1:03:30] | Am I supposed to go driving around the neighborhood, | 难道要我开车到这附近转悠吗 |
[1:03:31] | telling everybody to get pregnant? | 告诉大家该怀孕了 |
[1:03:33] | I don’t think that would work. | 我不觉得这样有用 |
[1:03:35] | You’re so funny. | 你真有趣 |
[1:03:37] | – Do you want a glass? – Yes, please. | -你想来一杯吗 -可以 谢谢 |
[1:03:38] | You’re gonna need one, | 你需要喝一杯 |
[1:03:39] | because you know what really pisses me off? | 因为你知道什么让我生气吗 |
[1:03:40] | What really pisses me off is that they are | 真正让我生气的是他们 |
[1:03:42] | building the largest and most advanced clinic in the country | 建了一个这个国家最大最先进的诊所 |
[1:03:46] | so that we can perform abortions up to 24 weeks. | 好让我们就能进行孕期24周的堕胎手术 |
[1:03:49] | That is a line I said I would never cross. | 那是我永远不会跨越的底线 |
[1:03:53] | Okay, pretend for a second that you’re someone like me | 好吧 假装一下你像我一样 |
[1:03:57] | who believes all abortions are bad. | 相信所有的堕胎都是坏事 |
[1:03:59] | What’s the difference? | 有什么不一样 |
[1:04:01] | Okay. First of all, | 好吧 首先 |
[1:04:04] | if we do them really late, third trimester, | 如果客人来晚了 已经孕晚期了 |
[1:04:06] | it becomes a three-day ordeal. | 那么她将会历经三天的磨难 |
[1:04:07] | It’s no longer a surgical procedure. | 那将不是外科手术那么简单了 |
[1:04:09] | It’s labor and delivery. | 那就是生孩子了 |
[1:04:10] | On the first day, they introduce a demise. | 第一天 先要终止胎心 |
[1:04:12] | – Wait. A demise? – Euthanize the fetus. | -等等 终止 -对胎儿进行安乐死 |
[1:04:15] | They stop the heart by injecting digoxin | 他们通过子宫壁直接将地高辛 |
[1:04:17] | through the uterine wall directly into the baby’s heart. | 注射到胎儿心脏 使心脏停止跳动 |
[1:04:19] | Day two, they induce contractions. | 第二天 产生宫缩 |
[1:04:21] | Day three, it’s the delivery, | 第三天 分娩 |
[1:04:23] | an artificially induced childbirth of a terminated fetus. | 人工引产死掉的胎儿 |
[1:04:26] | Abby… | 艾比 |
[1:04:29] | you’re killing me. | 你让我生不如死 |
[1:04:30] | Doug, you were the one who asked the question. | 道格 是你要问问题的 |
[1:04:33] | Yeah, I know, I know, but… | 对 我知道 我知道 但是 |
[1:04:34] | Well, who am I supposed to talk to about this? | 好吧 我该和谁谈这个事 |
[1:04:35] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[1:04:36] | All right? I don’t know. | 好吗 我不知道 |
[1:04:37] | All I know is that here we are, eight years later, | 我只知道我们结婚八年 |
[1:04:40] | and you’re still thinking that you can change them | 唯一改变的只有你 |
[1:04:42] | when the only thing that’s changed is you, Abby. | 而你仍然认为你能改变他们 艾比 |
[1:04:45] | Can you even hear yourself talk right now about these procedures? | 你能听听你自己刚才描述手术的话吗 |
[1:04:47] | These are little babies, with a little brain | 他们只是小宝宝 小小的脑袋 |
[1:04:50] | – and little hearts, little fingers, – Doug. | -小小的心脏 小小的手指 -道格 |
[1:04:52] | – little toes. – Doug. | -小小的脚趾 -道格 |
[1:04:52] | – Doug… – I just love you so much, | -道格 -我只是太爱你了 |
[1:04:56] | I can hardly bear to watch it. | 我简直不忍心看 |
[1:05:18] | Hey, you. | 你好啊 |
[1:05:20] | You need a break. | 你需要休息一下 |
[1:05:22] | We… we need a break. | 我们 我们需要休息一下 |
[1:05:25] | I would love to, but I have a lot of work to do. | 我也想 但是我有很多工作要做 |
[1:05:28] | You only get one day off a week, | 你一周只有一天休息 |
[1:05:30] | and I’m not gonna let you sit here slaving for Planned Parenthood. | 我可不想你为了计划生育在这吃苦耐劳 |
[1:05:34] | So, grab your things. | 所以 拿上你的东西 |
[1:05:35] | We’re heading for the most thoroughly awesome | 我们去吃这个星球上最好吃的 |
[1:05:37] | Mexican food on the planet. | 墨西哥菜 |
[1:05:39] | And if you play your cards right… | 如果你表现好 |
[1:05:40] | I might get lucky? | 我就会走运吗 |
[1:05:43] | Actually, I was thinking I might throw in nachos, | 实际上 我在想我可能会放些玉米片 |
[1:05:46] | but, hey, I’m okay with your suggestion. | 但是 你的提议我也可以接受 |
[1:05:47] | I bet you are. I’ll be right back. | 我打赌你会的 我马上回来 |
[1:05:53] | One pumpkin ale for you | 这是您的南瓜麦芽酒 |
[1:05:55] | – and a margarita for you. – Thank you. | -这是您的玛格丽特酒 -谢谢你 |
[1:05:56] | Guys, I’ll be back in a second to take your order. | 我等一下回来为你们点菜 |
[1:06:03] | Ah. Here’s your menu. | 看看菜单 |
[1:06:04] | Pick you out something real nice, | 挑一些真正的好东西 |
[1:06:05] | ’cause I know what I’m going with. | 因为我已经知道我要吃什么了 |
[1:06:06] | All right, so then what are you having? | 好吧 你吃什么 |
[1:06:09] | Only the biggest, | 如果要我说 就是厨房里那个 |
[1:06:11] | wettest, nastiest carnitas chimichanga ever to come out of that kitchen, | 最大 最湿润 最带劲的 |
[1:06:15] | if I have anything to say about it. | 手撕猪肉炸卷饼 |
[1:06:17] | So, how about you? | 所以 你吃什么 |
[1:06:20] | Mm, well, step aside, muchacho, | 好吧 听好了 小伙子 |
[1:06:22] | because I am having… you ready for it? | 因为我要吃 你准备好了吗 |
[1:06:26] | The chocolate caramel dulce de leche dessert nachos. | 巧克力焦糖牛奶太妃玉米片 |
[1:06:31] | What? Toast to that. | 什么 来干一个 |
[1:06:35] | This is good. | 很不错 |
[1:06:40] | – Thank you. – You’re welcome. | -谢谢你 -不客气 |
[1:06:42] | Pace yourself, though. We’re just getting started. | 不过 喝慢一点 我们才刚刚开始 |
[1:06:44] | Oh, is that right? | 是吗 |
[1:06:46] | Okay, so what is next? | 好了 吃完饭去干什么 |
[1:06:49] | I’m thinking a film festival at our place. | 我想在家办个电影节 |
[1:06:52] | Heads, you get Gone with the Wind. | 你可以选《飘》 |
[1:06:54] | Tails, I get The Goonies. | 我选《七宝奇谋》最后看 |
[1:06:56] | No! I knew you were gonna say The Goonies. | 不 我就知道你会说《七宝奇谋》 |
[1:06:57] | I am not watching those kids | 我可不想看那些孩子 |
[1:06:58] | – go through puberty again. – It’s a cult classic. | -再过一遍青春期 -那可是经典 |
[1:07:00] | No. | 不要 |
[1:07:01] | – Give it a chance. – No. Okay, all right. | -给个机会嘛 -不 好了 好了 |
[1:07:03] | We will compromise and watch 300. | 我们各退一步 看《300勇士》 |
[1:07:07] | Is it any wonder why I love you? | 知道为什么我这么爱你吗 |
[1:07:09] | 300 it is. | 就看《300勇士》了 |
[1:07:12] | To us. | 敬我们 |
[1:07:15] | Gracie at the parents’, a night alone. | 格蕾茜在父母家 我们单独过夜 |
[1:07:18] | How good is this? | 这多棒啊 |
[1:07:20] | …Dr. George Tiller has died | 乔治·提勒医生 |
[1:07:22] | after being gunned down inside his own church. | 在他自己的教堂被枪杀后 |
[1:07:25] | One of the few such providers in the country, | 他是国内为数不多的该职业工作人员 |
[1:07:28] | Dr. Tiller was shot in the head this morning during worship services. | 提勒医生在今早的礼拜仪式中头部中弹 |
[1:07:31] | Police say they are searching for a suspect | 警察说他们正在搜寻嫌疑犯 |
[1:07:33] | – to offer protection to other appropriate people – Let’s go. | -他们会为国内该职业的群众 -快走 |
[1:07:35] | and facilities around the nation. | 和设施提供保护 |
[1:07:38] | – Now. Come on. – The 67-year-old Tiller | -快走 快 -67岁的提勒 |
[1:07:40] | had offered abortions for more than three decades, | 三十多年来一直提供堕胎服务 |
[1:07:42] | performing by his own estimate roughly 60,000 procedures. | 按他自己估计约执行过6万次堕胎 |
[1:07:47] | Dr. Tiller was the medical director of Women’s Health Services… | 提勒医生是妇女保健服务的医学主任 |
[1:07:55] | What kind of person would shoot someone in the head in church? | 什么人会在教堂里朝别人头上开枪啊 |
[1:08:02] | Doug, I knew him. He had a family. | 道格 我认识他 他有家庭的 |
[1:08:04] | I know, Ab. | 我知道 小艾 |
[1:08:05] | Right now, all I care about is picking up Grace | 现在 我只想去接格蕾丝然后 |
[1:08:08] | and getting the two of you home safely. | 把你俩安全送到家 |
[1:08:09] | You think I’m in danger? | 你觉得我有危险吗 |
[1:08:11] | I don’t know, but I’m not taking any chances. | 我不知道 但是我不想冒险 |
[1:08:23] | Are you okay, sweetheart? | 你还好吗 宝贝 |
[1:08:24] | I’m fine, Mom. | 我没事 妈妈 |
[1:08:30] | – Ready? – Yeah. | -准备好了吗 -嗯 |
[1:08:31] | Wait, don’t you think it makes more sense for you to spend the night here? | 等等 你不觉得你在这过夜更好吗 |
[1:08:33] | Come on. | 听你妈的 |
[1:08:45] | It’s false sympathy. | 这是虚假的同情 |
[1:08:47] | That’s what it is. | 就是这样 |
[1:08:49] | All these pro-lifers condemning a killer’s actions | 所有这些反堕胎者谴责凶手的行为 |
[1:08:51] | like they care? | 搞得好像他们在乎一样 |
[1:08:52] | I think they’re just trying to avoid the blame. | 我想他们只是想逃避责任 |
[1:08:54] | It doesn’t matter, okay? | 这不重要 好吗 |
[1:08:56] | What matters is that we keep everyone here… | 重要的是我们都在这 |
[1:08:58] | that means you, me, all of us | 意味着你 我 我们所有人 |
[1:09:01] | and our clients… safe. | 还有我们的顾客都是安全的 |
[1:09:03] | We need to pay special attention to anything | 我们要特别注意那些 |
[1:09:05] | that seems out of place. | 不合常理的事情 |
[1:09:09] | Planned Parenthood. This is Renee. | 这里是计划生育诊所 我是蕾妮 |
[1:09:13] | It’s Houston, for you. | 是休斯顿打来的 找你的 |
[1:09:17] | – This is Abby. – This is Susan from HR. | -我是艾比 -我是人力资源部的苏珊 |
[1:09:20] | I need you to come to Houston. | 我需要你来休斯顿一趟 |
[1:09:22] | Can you drive down this afternoon? | 今天下午你能开车过来吗 |
[1:09:24] | Um, it’s kind of short notice. Is this about Tiller? | 有点仓促 是关于提勒的吗 |
[1:09:29] | No, Abby, it’s about you. | 不 艾比 是关于你的 |
[1:09:31] | Cheryl and I would like to meet with you. | 谢丽尔和我想见你一面 |
[1:09:34] | Okay. I’ll be there as soon as I can. | 好吧 我尽快过去 |
[1:09:38] | Corporate wants to meet with me. | 公司的人想见我 |
[1:09:50] | Abby, we’ve called you here to let you know | 艾比 我们把你叫来这里是想让你知道 |
[1:09:52] | you’re being formally reprimanded. | 你正式受到了公司的谴责 |
[1:09:53] | What am I being reprimanded for? | 是因为什么 |
[1:09:56] | You’ve been challenging me and my authority. | 你一直在挑战我和我的权威 |
[1:09:58] | You’ve become combative, | 你变得喜欢争论了 |
[1:10:00] | disputing my directives, arguing and pushing back. | 质疑我的指令 与我争论 推诿 |
[1:10:03] | I’m your supervisor. | 我是你是上司 |
[1:10:04] | Therefore, it’s your job to follow my instructions. | 因此 听从我的指示是你的工作 |
[1:10:07] | In my eight years at Planned Parenthood, | 我在计划生育诊所的八年里 |
[1:10:11] | I have never received anything less than praise. | 我一直都收到各种赞美 |
[1:10:16] | I’ve not had a single black mark, | 我没有一个黑点 |
[1:10:19] | not a warning, much less a reprimand. | 没有警告 更没有谴责 |
[1:10:22] | You just honored me as Employee of the Year. | 你刚刚把我评为年度最佳员工 |
[1:10:25] | No one has been more committed than I have. | 没有人比我更尽职尽责了 |
[1:10:29] | Nonetheless, the reprimand stands. | 尽管如此 你还是会被谴责 |
[1:10:32] | I’ll need you to sign this acknowledgment | 我需要你在这个确认书上签字 |
[1:10:34] | that we had this talk and you are aware of it. | 表示我们谈过了 你已知情 |
[1:10:38] | I know this might be hard to believe, | 我知道这也许很难相信 |
[1:10:41] | but I went back to the clinic the next morning, | 但第二天早上我回到诊所后 |
[1:10:44] | more determined than ever to do my job | 比以往任何时候都更有决心 |
[1:10:46] | to the best of my ability. | 尽我所能去做好工作 |
[1:10:59] | Is that what I think it is? | 这是我脑海里的东西吗 |
[1:11:01] | Afraid so. | 恐怕是的 |
[1:11:05] | Do you mind if we pray over it? | 你介意我们为它祈祷吗 |
[1:11:08] | – I don’t know about that, man. – Please? | -我不确定 -拜托了 |
[1:11:12] | Look, I’m not some kind of monster. | 听着 我不是什么怪物 |
[1:11:14] | I-I’m just a guy who drives a truck. I don’t… | 我 我只是一个开货车的 我不 |
[1:11:15] | We’ll be quick. We’ll stay on this side of the fence. | 很快的 我们待在栅栏后面 |
[1:11:20] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[1:11:33] | You might want to wait. I got another one coming out. | 你们也许想等等 我还有一桶要拉出来 |
[1:11:43] | Hey, Abby. Sorry to bother you, | 你好 艾比 抱歉打扰你 |
[1:11:45] | but they need an extra person in the back room. | 但他们在后面房间需要帮手 |
[1:11:47] | – Are you free? – Sure. | -你有空吗 -当然了 |
[1:11:59] | Hi. Megan said you needed some assistance? | 梅根说你们需要帮助 |
[1:12:19] | Lord, we commend the souls of these hundreds of children, | 主啊 我们将几百孩童灵魂托付于你 |
[1:12:23] | whose true names are known only to You, to Your keeping. | 他们的名字只有你知道 被你守护着 |
[1:12:28] | For we know they are with you now and forever. | 我们知道他们将永远和你在一起 |
[1:12:33] | We pray for healing for the wounded mothers and fathers. | 我们为受伤的父母祈祷 |
[1:12:37] | And, Lord, we pray to end the sin of abortion. | 主啊 我们祈祷结束堕胎的罪恶吧 |
[1:12:42] | For in your word, you have promised, | 在您的话语中 您曾承诺 |
[1:12:44] | “If my people who are called by my name | “这称为我名下的子民 |
[1:12:46] | will humble themselves and pray and seek my face | 若是自卑 祷告 寻求我的面 |
[1:12:50] | and turn from their wicked ways, | 转离他们的恶行 |
[1:12:53] | then I will hear from Heaven, | 我必从天上垂听 |
[1:12:54] | and I will forgive their sin, and I will heal their land.” | 赦免他们的罪医治他们的地” |
[1:13:40] | 祈祷 结束 堕胎 | |
[1:13:42] | Abby Johnson is in the other room. | 艾比·约翰逊在另一个房间 |
[1:13:47] | Here? | 这里吗 |
[1:13:49] | She wants out. | 她想退出 |
[1:14:07] | Rough day at the office? | 今天工作很累吗 |
[1:14:09] | Yeah. | 对 |
[1:14:10] | Yeah, uh… you could say that. | 对 你可以这么说 |
[1:14:15] | Want to talk about it? | 想谈谈吗 |
[1:14:18] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[1:14:23] | I saw it. | 我看到了 |
[1:14:28] | And it moved. | 孩子动了 |
[1:14:32] | And it was like it was twisting and fighting for its life. | 不停地扭动 就像在为自己的生命奋斗 |
[1:14:39] | This tiny… | 这个小巧 |
[1:14:42] | tiny, perfect little baby. | 小巧完美的小宝宝 |
[1:14:46] | And then it was just gone. | 然后就不见了 |
[1:15:00] | I’m gonna go in on Monday, | 我周一就去 |
[1:15:02] | and I’m gonna put in my resignation, | 去交辞职信 |
[1:15:03] | and that’s it. | 就这样 |
[1:15:08] | – Just like that? – Just like that. | -就这样吗 -就这样 |
[1:15:14] | I… | 我 |
[1:15:16] | I never want to be a part of an abortion again. | 我再也不想参与堕胎了 |
[1:15:31] | Everybody’s looking for me and asking if I’m okay. | 大家都在找我 问我有没有事 |
[1:15:35] | How long have you been gone? | 你离开多久了 |
[1:15:38] | Almost an hour. | 差不多一个小时 |
[1:15:39] | On a Saturday? | 在周六吗 |
[1:15:41] | Won’t that make them suspicious? | 这不会让他们怀疑吗 |
[1:15:45] | They would never guess I was here. | 他们永远不会猜到我在这里 |
[1:15:47] | They-they wouldn’t understand. | 他们 他们不会明白的 |
[1:15:50] | Abby, we can help you find another job. | 艾比 我们能帮助你找别的工作 |
[1:15:53] | We’ve always told you we’re here to help. | 我们一直告诉你 我们是来帮忙的 |
[1:15:56] | We can help you or anyone at the clinic who wants to leave. | 我们能帮助你或者诊所里任何想离开的人 |
[1:16:00] | Are you serious? | 你确定吗 |
[1:16:03] | You would really help me? | 你们真的愿意帮助我吗 |
[1:16:04] | Yes, of course. | 是的 当然了 |
[1:16:07] | In the meantime, don’t tell anyone | 与此同时 不要告诉任何人 |
[1:16:09] | that you’re done with Planned Parenthood. | 你要离开计划生育诊所 |
[1:16:11] | Don’t underestimate the repercussions of this. | 不要低估了这件事的影响力 |
[1:16:14] | You got to be careful, got it? | 你得小心点 知道吗 |
[1:16:19] | I’ll walk you out the back. | 我送你从后面出去 |
[1:16:21] | Less chance of anyone seeing you. | 这样没什么人会看到你 |
[1:16:24] | ♪ You’ll get through this ♪ | ♪ 你会挺过去的 ♪ |
[1:16:28] | ♪ Just follow the light in the darkness ♪ | ♪ 跟着黑暗中的光 ♪ |
[1:16:32] | ♪ One step closer ♪ | ♪ 再靠近一点 ♪ |
[1:16:34] | ♪ Put one foot in front of the other ♪ | ♪ 一步一个脚印 ♪ |
[1:16:39] | ♪ You’ll get through this ♪ | ♪ 你会挺过去的 ♪ |
[1:16:42] | ♪ Just follow the light in the darkness ♪ | ♪ 跟着黑暗中的光 ♪ |
[1:16:47] | ♪ You’re gonna be okay. ♪ | ♪ 你会没事的 ♪ |
[1:16:50] | You should… Here you go. | 你应该 干得漂亮 |
[1:16:52] | This puzzle is very hard. | 这拼图太难了 |
[1:16:53] | I know, but, look, here’s two more edges. | 我知道 但是 看 这里还有两个 |
[1:16:56] | That may be all we need. | 这也许就是我们缺的 |
[1:16:57] | We’re close now. Oh, here’s one. | 很接近了 这里还有一个 |
[1:16:59] | Hi, baby. | 嗨 宝贝 |
[1:17:03] | Is that it right there? | 这是放这里的吗 |
[1:17:06] | You will never guess where I was today. | 你永远猜不到我今天在哪 |
[1:17:11] | Um, Shawn’s office? | 肖恩的办公室吗 |
[1:17:14] | How could you possibly know that? | 你怎么会知道 |
[1:17:17] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[1:17:18] | It’s just that, with the conversations we’ve had | 只是想到我们的谈话 |
[1:17:21] | and all that’s been going on lately, I figured you might | 和最近发生的一切 我猜你有可能 |
[1:17:23] | reach out to him at some point. | 会在某个时间去找他 |
[1:17:26] | That… | 那 |
[1:17:29] | plus the look on your face. | 还有你脸上的表情 |
[1:17:35] | I’m gonna do it, Doug. I’m gonna leave. | 我准备好了 道格 我要离开了 |
[1:17:38] | Have you told your mom yet? | 你告诉你妈妈了吗 |
[1:17:39] | Not yet. | 还没 |
[1:17:42] | I want to be out the door. | 我想站在门外 |
[1:17:45] | I want it to be over before I do. | 帮助那些需要帮助的人 |
[1:17:56] | Here you go. | 给你 |
[1:18:39] | Abby, what’s wrong? | 艾比 怎么了 |
[1:18:44] | Megan, I need to tell you something. | 梅根 我得告诉你一点事 |
[1:18:48] | You have to promise not to tell anyone. | 你保证不要告诉别人 |
[1:18:50] | Yeah, no, I-I won’t. | 行 不 我不会的 |
[1:18:52] | I’m leaving Planned Parenthood. | 我要离开计划生育诊所了 |
[1:18:56] | I have to get out. | 我必须退出 |
[1:18:57] | I can’t be a part of this anymore. | 我不能再参与了 |
[1:19:00] | You’re leaving? | 你要离开了吗 |
[1:19:01] | I went over to 40 Days for Life that day. | 我那天去了为生命祈祷40天的组织 |
[1:19:04] | They were so amazing. | 他们太棒了 |
[1:19:06] | They just sat and listened while I cried. | 我哭的时候他们就静静地听着 |
[1:19:09] | And they’re really gonna help you? | 他们真的会帮你的吗 |
[1:19:11] | Yeah, they are. | 对 他们会的 |
[1:19:13] | I mean, no judgment, no condemnation. | 我是说 没有评头论足 没有谴责 |
[1:19:16] | They’re even gonna help me find another job. | 他们甚至会帮我找别的工作 |
[1:19:20] | So, when do you leave? | 那你什么时候走 |
[1:19:23] | Today. | 今天 |
[1:19:26] | I know Cheryl is going to lose it | 我知道如果谢丽尔发现了 |
[1:19:28] | – when she finds out. – Yeah. | -她会失控的 -没错 |
[1:19:30] | But… I’m gonna type up my resignation, | 但是 我要打一封辞职信 |
[1:19:33] | I am sending it to HR in Houston, | 发送给休斯顿的人力资源部 |
[1:19:37] | and I am gonna walk out that front door like any other day. | 然后我会像平常的日子一样走出那扇门 |
[1:19:39] | Geez. | 天啊 |
[1:19:42] | Are you gonna tell Taylor, too? | 你也会告诉泰勒吗 |
[1:19:44] | Of course. You guys are my best friends. | 当然了 你们是我最好的朋友 |
[1:19:47] | But you’re the only ones who can know, no one else. | 但是你们是唯一知道的 不能告诉别人 |
[1:19:51] | Of course. | 当然了 |
[1:20:35] | So this is it. | 就这样了 |
[1:20:37] | How’s it feel? | 感觉怎么样 |
[1:20:39] | Like I just got out of prison. | 就像刚出狱一样 |
[1:20:42] | – Bye. – See ya. | -再见 -再见 |
[1:20:54] | Hey, Mom. | 你好 妈妈 |
[1:20:55] | I just wanted to tell you something | 在你从别人那听到这件事之前 |
[1:20:58] | before you heard it from somebody else. | 我想先告诉你 |
[1:21:00] | Are you pregnant? | 你怀孕了吗 |
[1:21:01] | No. | 不是 |
[1:21:04] | No. Um… | 不是 |
[1:21:06] | I resigned from Planned Parenthood today. | 我今天辞去了计划生育诊所的工作 |
[1:21:11] | She quit. | 她辞职了 |
[1:21:14] | Done the right thing, Abby. | 这是对的事 艾比 |
[1:21:15] | I’ve been praying for years that you’d leave there. | 我祈祷好几年想让你离开那里了 |
[1:21:18] | I have so much to tell you. | 我有好多事要跟你讲 |
[1:21:40] | Abby? | 艾比 |
[1:21:43] | Abby, it’s the middle of the night. | 艾比 这大半夜的 |
[1:21:45] | What are you doing up? | 你起来干什么 |
[1:21:55] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[1:21:58] | Baby, what’s the matter? | 宝贝 怎么了 |
[1:22:08] | I have been complicit… | 我做了 |
[1:22:12] | …in over 22,000 abortions. | 两万两千多次堕胎的同谋 |
[1:22:18] | That… that is the weight of my guilt. | 我的罪孽太深重了 |
[1:22:25] | How do I even begin to comprehend that? | 我该如何接受它 |
[1:22:29] | You can’t, baby. | 你不能 宝贝 |
[1:22:30] | Nobody can, okay? | 没人能接受 好吗 |
[1:22:32] | All you can do is | 你能做的就是 |
[1:22:35] | say you’re sorry and beg forgiveness. | 道歉 然后乞求宽恕 |
[1:22:39] | I am sorry. | 对不起 |
[1:22:43] | I am so sorry. | 真的对不起 |
[1:22:49] | Those women… | 那些女士 |
[1:22:51] | they came to me looking for help… | 她们来找我帮忙 |
[1:22:55] | and I lied to them. | 我却向她们撒谎 |
[1:22:58] | I lied to them. | 我骗了她们 |
[1:23:04] | I betrayed them. | 我背叛了她们 |
[1:23:06] | I told them that the best thing for them to do | 我告诉她们能做的最好的决定 |
[1:23:09] | was to kill their babies. | 就是杀死她们的宝宝 |
[1:23:17] | What have I done? | 我做了什么 |
[1:23:20] | You did what you thought was right, baby. | 你做了你以为对的事情 宝贝 |
[1:23:25] | Then why do I feel so ashamed? | 那为什么我感觉到如此羞愧 |
[1:23:30] | Abby, look at me. | 艾比 看着我 |
[1:23:37] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[1:23:39] | And so does god. | 上帝也是 |
[1:23:42] | He’ll forgive you if you ask. | 如果你请求宽恕 他会宽恕你的 |
[1:23:45] | I-I can’t even believe that. | 我 我真不敢相信 |
[1:23:48] | How? How could He? | 怎么可以 他怎么可以宽恕我 |
[1:23:53] | Because he’s god. | 因为他是上帝 |
[1:24:08] | I spent the next two days ugly crying. | 接下来两天我都哭的很惨 |
[1:24:10] | Day three, I woke up | 第三天 我醒来 |
[1:24:12] | and headed straight for Shawn and Marilisa’s office. | 然后直接去了肖恩和玛丽里莎的办公室 |
[1:24:14] | Blame it on my Texas roots, | 我的德克萨斯血统 |
[1:24:16] | but I couldn’t show up empty-handed. | 迫使我带了些礼物 |
[1:24:18] | Abby. What are you doing here? | 艾比 你来这干什么 |
[1:24:19] | I’m here to help, any way I can, | 我来帮忙的 尽我所能 |
[1:24:22] | and I brought donuts. | 我还带了甜甜圈 |
[1:24:25] | Here we are, drinking coffee with Abby Johnson. | 我们在这和艾比·约翰逊喝咖啡 |
[1:24:30] | Okay, well, if you guys think it is weird for you, | 好吧 如果你们觉得这很奇怪 |
[1:24:32] | just imagine how I feel. | 就想象一下我的感觉 |
[1:24:36] | Abby, I am so glad you’re here. | 艾比 我很高兴你来这里 |
[1:24:38] | It should have been this way all along. | 早就该这样了 |
[1:24:40] | You know, I got to admit, | 你知道 我得承认 |
[1:24:41] | sometimes, in the midst of all the hours on the fence, | 有时候在这高墙之内的时间里 |
[1:24:43] | I was beginning to wonder if we were doing any good. | 我会想我们是否做了好事 |
[1:24:45] | Most of the time, we just prayed and prayed, | 大多数时候 我们只是一遍又一遍祈祷 |
[1:24:47] | and it didn’t seem to matter. | 没看出有什么用 |
[1:24:48] | – Trust me, it mattered. – Why do you say that? | -相信我 有用 -为什么这么说 |
[1:24:52] | Shawn, I was the clinic director, | 肖恩 我曾是诊所主任 |
[1:24:53] | and any time that you were out there, my no-show rate climbed, | 只要你在外面 病人不来的几率就上升 |
[1:24:57] | which is why I was so annoyed with you. | 这就是为什么我很恼火你 |
[1:25:02] | Seriously, it wasn’t just us, though. | 说真的 不仅仅是我们 |
[1:25:04] | Planned Parenthood’s own statistics show that, | 计划生育诊所的数据显示了 |
[1:25:06] | if someone’s praying outside the clinic, | 如果有人在外面祈祷 |
[1:25:08] | it can go as high as 75%. | 病人失约率可以高达75% |
[1:25:11] | – Are you serious? – I’m serious. | -你说真的吗 -真的 |
[1:25:13] | It’s like this dirty little secret | 这就像是一个他们不想让任何人知道的 |
[1:25:15] | they don’t want anyone to know. | 肮脏的小秘密 |
[1:25:17] | When women see you praying, | 当女士们看到你在祈祷 |
[1:25:19] | they just suddenly decide not to show up. | 她们就突然决定不堕胎了 |
[1:25:22] | They circle the parking lot and never come in. | 她们在停车场外绕圈 永远不会进来 |
[1:25:25] | Meaning most of the lives that you save, | 意味着大多数你们拯救的生命 |
[1:25:28] | you never even know about. | 你们甚至永远都不会知道 |
[1:25:32] | Which is why I need to go to the fence. | 所以我才去栅栏另一边找你们 |
[1:25:36] | Abby, I really don’t think this is something you should be doing yet. | 艾比 我真不觉得你现在应该这样做 |
[1:25:38] | But it’s something I need to do. | 这是我必须做的 |
[1:25:45] | Hi. My name is Abby Johnson. | 你好 我叫艾比·约翰逊 |
[1:25:47] | I used to be the director of this clinic. | 我曾是这家诊所的主任 |
[1:25:49] | I quit because my conscience wouldn’t let me stay. | 我辞职是因为我的良心不让我留下来 |
[1:25:54] | I just want to talk to you for a minute, please just a minute. | 我只想和你谈一分钟 就一分钟 |
[1:25:58] | Please? | 拜托了 |
[1:26:00] | I guess. | 行吧 |
[1:26:04] | It’s always possible you’re just here for a pregnancy test, | 有可能你只是来做怀孕测试的 |
[1:26:08] | but I’m guessing you’ve already seen the results of yours. | 但我猜你已经看到了你的检测报告 |
[1:26:12] | Two of them. | 两个宝宝 |
[1:26:14] | And you feel like your whole world is caving in around you, | 你感觉整个世界都塌了 |
[1:26:18] | and you’ve never been so scared and alone. | 你从没感觉到如此害怕和孤独 |
[1:26:20] | – Yeah. – Yeah. | -对 -对 |
[1:26:24] | Let me tell you what’s gonna happen if you go in that door. | 我来告诉你如果你走进那扇门会发生什么 |
[1:26:28] | The first thing they’re gonna do is give you an ultrasound, | 首先他们会给你做超声波 |
[1:26:30] | but they’re not gonna let you see it. | 但是他们不会让你看到的 |
[1:26:33] | Why not? | 为什么不 |
[1:26:34] | Because they don’t want you to see your baby. | 因为他们不想让你看到你的宝宝 |
[1:26:36] | Then why do they do the ultrasound? | 那他们为什么要做超声波 |
[1:26:39] | Because the ultrasound determines the size of the fetus. | 因为超声波可以确定胎儿的大小 |
[1:26:42] | And the size of the fetus, the skull in particular, | 胎儿的大小 特别是头骨的大小 |
[1:26:45] | is what determines the price they’re going to charge you. | 他们依据这个来看该收你多少钱 |
[1:26:51] | Why are you telling me this? | 你为什么要告诉我这个 |
[1:26:55] | Because I understand better than anyone | 因为我比任何人都清楚 |
[1:26:58] | that, inside that building, they don’t offer solutions. | 里面的人 他们不提供解决方法 |
[1:27:01] | They only offer abortions. | 他们只提供堕胎 |
[1:27:02] | And if you go through that door, | 如果你进了那扇门 |
[1:27:03] | you will not come out the same person, because you can’t. | 你出来将不再是你自己 因为不可能了 |
[1:27:07] | And everybody wants to pretend like you can, but you can’t. | 每个人都想假装自己可以 但不是的 |
[1:27:10] | Because the truth is you can let them get rid of your baby, | 因为事实是你可以让他们除掉你的宝宝 |
[1:27:13] | but they can’t get rid of the memory of your baby. | 但是他们清除不了宝宝给你留下的回忆 |
[1:27:16] | And neither can you, no matter how hard you try. | 你自己也不行 不管你怎么努力尝试 |
[1:27:23] | I don’t know what to do. | 我不知道该怎么办 |
[1:27:27] | What’s your name? | 你叫什么 |
[1:27:29] | Hannah. | 汉娜 |
[1:27:31] | Hannah, it’s gonna be okay, I promise, I promise. | 汉娜 没事的 我保证 我保证 |
[1:27:34] | And I’ll be there every step of the way. | 我会陪你走下去 |
[1:27:35] | I’ll do anything I can to help you. | 我会尽我所能去帮你 |
[1:27:39] | If you get in that car… | 如果你能回到车里 |
[1:27:56] | Okay. | 好 |
[1:28:14] | Bravo. Let me guess. | 真好 让我猜猜 |
[1:28:16] | Former clinic director | 前诊所主任 |
[1:28:18] | describes the mechanics of fetal | 在向别人描述肢解胎儿的 |
[1:28:21] | – You know what, Cheryl, – dismemberment… | -你知道吗 谢丽尔 -步骤 |
[1:28:21] | …complete with all the tools involved. | 和完成堕胎的相关工具 |
[1:28:23] | That’s not what it was like. | 不是这样的 |
[1:28:24] | You know what? It doesn’t really matter. | 你知道吗 不重要了 |
[1:28:26] | You’ve become a traitor, Abby. | 你是个叛徒 艾比 |
[1:28:29] | Some of us are still loyal to the cause. | 我们中有些人还依然对我们的事业很忠诚 |
[1:28:31] | Some of us still believe in protecting | 我们中有些人仍然 |
[1:28:33] | a woman’s right to choose. | 对保护妇女的选择权抱有信心 |
[1:28:34] | And those of us who do, | 我们这些人 |
[1:28:36] | we are a part of a billion-dollar corporation | 我们是市值十亿美元公司的一份子 |
[1:28:39] | with lawyers and lobbyists and media experts on staff. | 我们有律师 说客和媒体专家 |
[1:28:42] | Have you ever seen the names of our donors? | 你有见过我们捐赠者的名字吗 |
[1:28:46] | Soros, Gates, Buffett. | 索罗斯 盖茨 巴菲特 |
[1:28:49] | That’s who we have. Who have you got, Abby? | 我们有他们 你有谁呢 艾比 |
[1:28:52] | Cheryl, what you are doing is wrong. | 谢丽尔 你在做的事是错的 |
[1:28:57] | Is it? | 是吗 |
[1:28:59] | America wants abortion, | 美国需要堕胎 |
[1:29:01] | which is why we exist and why we will continue to exist | 这就是为什么我们会存在并且会一直存在 |
[1:29:05] | long after you and your newfound friends are gone. | 你和你的新朋友都不在了 我们还会在 |
[1:29:07] | Oh, yes, I know all about them. | 对 我很了解他们 |
[1:29:09] | Did you honestly think that we wouldn’t find out? | 你真以为我们不会发现吗 |
[1:29:13] | No one has ever turned on us like this before, Abby. | 在这之前没人像你这样背叛我们 艾比 |
[1:29:16] | Which is why national is going to make an example of you. | 这就是为什么全国机构要拿你儆戒他人 |
[1:29:20] | So, congratulations. | 所以 恭喜你 |
[1:29:21] | You’ve managed to make an enemy | 你和这个星球上 |
[1:29:23] | of one of the most powerful organizations on the planet. | 最强大的组织之一成为了敌人 |
[1:29:34] | I love this patch. | 我真喜欢这个眼罩 |
[1:29:39] | Turn this way, baby. | 转过去 宝贝 |
[1:29:41] | Do you remember what I was telling you earlier | 你记得之前我跟你讲的 |
[1:29:43] | about what Cheryl said? | 谢丽尔说的话吗 |
[1:29:45] | It’d be kind of hard to forget. | 有点难忘记 |
[1:29:47] | Yeah, well, now Megan isn’t returning my phone calls, | 好吧 现在梅根不回我电话了 |
[1:29:50] | and her phone number has been disconnected. | 我直接被她拉黑了号码 |
[1:29:53] | Can we go now, please? | 我们能走了吗 拜托 |
[1:29:56] | Does mommy look like she’s ready? | 妈妈看起来像是准备好了吗 |
[1:29:58] | – No. – No. | -没有 没有 |
[1:30:00] | And you need to go get your ladybug wand upstairs. | 你得去楼上拿你的瓢虫魔棒 |
[1:30:08] | – You still up for this? – Absolutely. | -你还不放弃吗 -决不放弃 |
[1:30:11] | I am not letting Cheryl or Planned Parenthood | 我不会让谢丽尔或者计划生育诊所 |
[1:30:14] | ruin Halloween for our kid. | 毁了我们孩子的万圣节 |
[1:30:16] | Or you. | 你的万圣节 |
[1:30:19] | I’m serious, babe. | 我说真的 宝贝 |
[1:30:21] | Whoever created this holiday deserves a medal. | 发明这个节日的人应该得到一枚奖章 |
[1:30:22] | We get to dress up, act stupid, | 我们要打扮 装傻 |
[1:30:24] | and people give us candy. | 然后人们才给我们糖果 |
[1:30:25] | How cool is that? | 这多酷啊 |
[1:30:27] | You do realize they give Grace the candy, though? | 你知道他们给了格蕾丝糖果吧 |
[1:30:29] | Yes, but she knows daddy’s involvement is crucial. | 对 但是她知道爸爸的参与至关重要 |
[1:30:32] | She’s still new to this, | 这节日对她来说还是很新颖 |
[1:30:33] | whereas I bring decades of experience. | 而我却有着几十年的经验 |
[1:30:36] | Arr, milady. | 啊 我的夫人 |
[1:30:38] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[1:30:39] | – Daddy, let’s go! – All right. | -爸爸 我们走 -好吧 |
[1:30:40] | Can you take this one so I can call Shawn? | 你能带她去玩吗 我给肖恩打电话 |
[1:30:41] | – Sure. – Okay. | -当然 好的 |
[1:30:42] | Hold up, hold up! | 等等 慢点 |
[1:30:48] | Abby? | 艾比 |
[1:30:50] | Did you get my messages about Cheryl’s threat? | 你收到我发的谢丽尔威胁的消息了吗 |
[1:30:51] | Yeah. We’re being sued. We’re both gonna need lawyers. | 知道 我们被起诉了 我们需要律师 |
[1:30:54] | Sued? Do you realize how serious this is? | 起诉 你意识到这个有多严重了吗 |
[1:30:57] | Yeah. And I just realized you’re 100 feet away from me. | 知道 而且我还知道你离我就一百英尺 |
[1:31:01] | Abby! | 艾比 |
[1:31:03] | Hon, why don’t you go ahead while I talk to Abby. | 我跟艾比聊聊 你们往前走吧 |
[1:31:06] | Okay. | 好的 |
[1:31:06] | Bye, pumpkin. | 等会儿见 小南瓜 |
[1:31:08] | Are you sure about this? | 你确定吗 |
[1:31:09] | Yes. We got served right before I left work. | 对 我下班前我们收到了消息 |
[1:31:12] | There’s a lawsuit from Planned Parenthood, | 计划生育诊所起诉了我们 |
[1:31:14] | plus a restraining order to keep us from saying anything public. | 还有禁止我们公开发表任何言论的限制令 |
[1:31:16] | Yours will probably arrive on Monday. | 你的可能星期一就收到了 |
[1:31:18] | When were you planning on telling me about this? | 你打算什么时候告诉我 |
[1:31:20] | Figured I’d let you enjoy trick-or-treating | 我觉得我会让你好好享受万圣节 |
[1:31:22] | and then give you a call. | 然后再给你打电话 |
[1:31:26] | What are we gonna do? | 我们该怎么办 |
[1:31:27] | I’ve already talked with Jeff Paradowski. | 我已经和杰夫·帕拉道斯基谈过了 |
[1:31:29] | I believe his response was, “I’m in, baby!” | 我猜他的回应是”我加入 宝贝” |
[1:31:31] | Wait, wait, wait. | 等等 等等 |
[1:31:32] | The one that’s on the billboards, | 是广告牌上那个吗 |
[1:31:33] | pointing his finger, saying… | 举起手指说 |
[1:31:35] | “Get what you deserve!” | “得到你应得的” |
[1:31:37] | Yeah. He’s an old friend. | 对 他是个老朋友 |
[1:31:40] | Okay, um, you realize that attorneys cost money | 好吧 你知道律师是收费的吧 |
[1:31:43] | – and I just left my job? – Jeff isn’t in this for the money. | -我刚丢了工作 -杰夫不是为了钱 |
[1:31:46] | He’s in this to help fight abortion. | 他来是为了帮助抵制堕胎 |
[1:31:47] | He’s willing to cut into his Saturday | 他愿意放弃他的周六 |
[1:31:49] | and meet with us tomorrow morning. | 然后明天早上来见我们 |
[1:31:52] | Abby, meet Jeff. | 艾比 这是杰夫 |
[1:31:52] | 得到你应得的 致电9797442222 | |
[1:31:55] | Jeff, meet Abby. | 杰夫 这是艾比 |
[1:32:06] | So, they’re claiming that Planned Parenthood | 所以 他们声称计划生育诊所及其病人 |
[1:32:08] | and its patients face imminent, irreparable harm | 面临着迫在眉睫且无法挽回的伤害 |
[1:32:12] | from confidential information | 因为你们 |
[1:32:14] | you’ve improperly disclosed or are about to disclose. | 不恰当地揭露了或即将揭露一些机密信息 |
[1:32:17] | That’s nonsense. | 那是胡说八道 |
[1:32:18] | Well, they managed to convince a judge otherwise. | 好吧 他们设法说服了法官 |
[1:32:21] | Our preliminary hearing is in ten days. | 我们将在十天后举行预审 |
[1:32:24] | The attorneys for the plaintiff are a big firm out of Houston. | 原告的律师来自休斯顿的一家大公司 |
[1:32:28] | But I’m betting we’ll see some faces from D.C. As well. | 但我打赌我们也会看到一些华盛顿的人 |
[1:32:32] | You’re a big fish, and the sharks are smelling blood. | 你们是条大鱼 而且鲨鱼闻到了血腥味 |
[1:32:36] | Oh, also, you should prepare yourself | 还有 你们应该做好准备 |
[1:32:39] | that, uh, Megan and Taylor | 那个 梅根和泰勒 |
[1:32:41] | will be testifying to a completely different | 将为一个与你们描述给我的信息 |
[1:32:43] | set of facts than the ones you’ve described to me. | 完全不同的情况进行作证 |
[1:32:45] | – They were my friends. – Emphasis on “were.” | -他们曾是我朋友 -重点在”曾是” |
[1:32:53] | Okay, Abby, I’m going to ask you a series of questions. | 好了 艾比 我要问你一系列问题 |
[1:32:56] | Um, I want you to take all the time you need | 我想你认真想一想 无论花多少时间 |
[1:32:59] | to answer honestly and think about them all you want. | 然后诚实地回答我 |
[1:33:02] | Okay. | 好 |
[1:33:04] | Have you ever revealed the identities of the doctors | 你是否曾向肖恩或者任何人透露过 |
[1:33:06] | performing abortions at the facility | 在该诊所进行堕胎的医生的 |
[1:33:08] | either to Shawn or anyone else? | 身份信息 |
[1:33:10] | No. | 没有 |
[1:33:11] | You ever removed confidential patient information from the building, | 你是否从诊所转移过患者的机密信息 |
[1:33:15] | either physically or in digital form? | 不管是文字的还是网上的 |
[1:33:16] | No. | 没有 |
[1:33:19] | Have you ever taken or removed anything from the building? | 你有没有从大楼里拿走或搬走过什么东西 |
[1:33:22] | Just an old vacuum cleaner. | 有一个旧的吸尘器 |
[1:33:25] | Uh, but the one at the clinic broke, | 但是诊所的吸尘器坏了 |
[1:33:27] | and we had a tight budget for equipment, | 我们的设备预算很紧张 |
[1:33:29] | so I brought mine from home. | 所以我从家里带了一个 |
[1:33:30] | But when I quit, I wasn’t gonna leave it there. | 但我辞职的时候 我肯定不会把它留下 |
[1:33:33] | That and a plant, but my mom gave me the plant. | 还有一盆植物 是我妈妈给我的 |
[1:33:37] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[1:33:38] | Uh, did you threaten Megan or Taylor | 如果梅根和泰勒不打算辞职 |
[1:33:42] | if they didn’t look to resign from Planned Parenthood? | 你有没有威胁过她们 |
[1:33:44] | No. How could I? | 没有 我怎么能 |
[1:33:45] | I wasn’t even their boss anymore. | 我甚至都不是她们的上司了 |
[1:33:48] | Which brings me to my last | 这就引出了我最后 |
[1:33:50] | and most important question for you. | 且最重要的一个问题 |
[1:33:53] | What aren’t you telling me? | 你还有什么没告诉我的 |
[1:33:55] | – Nothing. – You sure? | -没有了 -你确定吗 |
[1:33:58] | Because if there’s something that you’re hiding, | 因为如果你在隐藏什么事 |
[1:34:00] | I can guarantee it will come out in court. | 我能保证它会在法庭上被公开 |
[1:34:03] | So, if there’s anything that I need to know, | 所以 如果还有什么我需要知道的事 |
[1:34:07] | now is the time to tell me while we still have the time | 趁我们还有时间想明白怎么去对付它 |
[1:34:10] | to figure out how to deal with it. | 赶紧告诉我 |
[1:34:15] | A while back, curiosity got the best of me, | 不久前 好奇心使然 |
[1:34:19] | and I pulled my own patient file. | 我把自己的病人档案拿了出来 |
[1:34:22] | I couldn’t resist. | 我忍不住 |
[1:34:25] | How come? | 为什么 |
[1:34:25] | I needed to see my baby. | 我想看看我的宝宝 |
[1:34:30] | Is that a problem? | 这是个问题吗 |
[1:34:32] | Sure. | 当然了 |
[1:34:33] | For Planned Parenthood | 对于计划生育诊所来说 |
[1:34:34] | if they try to make an issue out of it. | 如果他们想挑刺的话 |
[1:34:36] | I mean, trying to paint her like a criminal | 我是说 用看她自己的档案这件事来 |
[1:34:37] | for wanting to see her own file? | 把她刻画成一名罪犯 |
[1:34:39] | We can only hope they’re stupid enough | 我们只能希望他们会傻到 |
[1:34:40] | to try something like that. | 会去尝试这样的事 |
[1:34:42] | So, what’s our defense? | 所以 我们的辩词是什么 |
[1:34:44] | She’s innocent. | 她是无辜的 |
[1:34:46] | – That’s it? That’s our defense? – Yep. | -就这样 这是我们的辩词吗 -对 |
[1:34:49] | We are so screwed. | 我们完蛋了 |
[1:34:51] | Abby, don’t complicate the issue. | 艾比 别把问题搞复杂了 |
[1:34:53] | Look, the… their-their complaint’s emphasis | 听着 他们的投诉在强调 |
[1:34:55] | on potential future harm | 对未来潜在的威胁 |
[1:34:57] | tells me they’re light on actual evidence. | 这就告诉我他们对实际证据掌握很少 |
[1:35:00] | Let me make it easy for you. They’ve got no case. | 简单来说 他们没有实例 |
[1:35:03] | You don’t know these people like I know them. | 你不像我一样了解这些人 |
[1:35:06] | Planned Parenthood will go to any lengths | 计划生育诊所会尽全力摧毁 |
[1:35:08] | to destroy someone that they see as a threat. | 他们视为威胁的人 |
[1:35:10] | Abby, there are two words in the English language | 艾比 英语中有两个词 |
[1:35:13] | that are very powerful if you put them together in court. | 用在法庭上将非常强大 |
[1:35:16] | Do you know what they are? | 你知道是什么吗 |
[1:35:20] | “Prove it.” | “证明” |
[1:35:25] | Trust me. I got this. | 相信我 我能搞定 |
[1:35:30] | So there I was, scared out of my mind. | 所以 我被吓得魂飞天外 |
[1:35:32] | After all, it’s not every day you take on a corporation | 毕竟 你不是每天都在和一家 |
[1:35:35] | with global outreach to 189 countries | 推广到了除南极洲之外的每个大洲 |
[1:35:37] | on every continent except Antarctica. | 多达189个国家的公司打交道 |
[1:35:40] | Jeff looked like he didn’t have a care in the world. | 杰夫看起来就像他在这个世上无牵无挂 |
[1:35:44] | Shawn was nervous, Doug was my rock, | 肖恩很紧张 道格是我的后盾 |
[1:35:48] | and my mom was… | 我妈妈是 |
[1:35:49] | Shawn! | 肖恩 |
[1:35:50] | …well, my mom. | 好吧 妈妈就是妈妈而已 |
[1:35:54] | Thank you for getting my daughter out of there. | 谢谢你把我女儿从那地方带出来 |
[1:35:57] | Wow. And here I was afraid that Abby was going home | 过去的八年我每年圣诞节 |
[1:35:59] | every Christmas for the past eight years | 都会担心艾比会回家 |
[1:36:01] | bashing this evil Shawn person. | 抨击我这个邪恶肖恩 |
[1:36:03] | Oh, she did, but I read between the lines, | 她确实有 但我是从字里行间里读到的 |
[1:36:05] | which is why I knew I’d love you. | 这就是为什么我知道我会欣赏你 |
[1:36:11] | – Thank you. – You’re welcome. | -谢谢你 -不客气 |
[1:36:13] | Okay, hugging is done. | 好了 拥抱完了 |
[1:36:14] | Let’s go kick some ass. | 我们去打击坏蛋吧 |
[1:36:17] | What are you hoping for in today’s outcome? | 你希望今天的结果是什么 |
[1:36:19] | I would like to see justice served, obviously, | 显然 我希望看到正义得到伸张 |
[1:36:22] | and for people to… | 还有人们可以 |
[1:36:23] | I just want to go over there | 我只想过去那边 |
[1:36:25] | and tell those people what is really going on. | 告诉他们真相是什么 |
[1:36:28] | Well, you’re not going to. | 好吧 但你不能去 |
[1:36:29] | You’re under a restraining order. | 你收到了限制令 |
[1:36:30] | Mm-hmm. So let me get this straight. | 我直说吧 |
[1:36:32] | First they sue us even though we did nothing wrong. | 首先他们起诉我们 我们都没做错什么 |
[1:36:34] | Next they gag us with a court order. | 然后他们用法院的命令来封我们的口 |
[1:36:37] | Then they hold a press conference | 然后他们举行新闻发布会 |
[1:36:38] | so they can say whatever they want, | 所以他们想说什么就说什么 |
[1:36:40] | and we’re just supposed to stand here and be quiet. | 然后我们就应该站在这里保持安静 |
[1:36:42] | That is not fair. | 这不公平 |
[1:36:43] | “Fare” is something you give a cab driver. | “车费”是你给出租车司机的东西 |
[1:36:45] | The law is something entirely different. | 法律是另外一回事 |
[1:36:47] | Sincerely regret being forced | 很遗憾我们被逼到 |
[1:36:49] | to take this matter to the courts. | 把这件事交给法院处理 |
[1:36:50] | It’s the last thing we wanted to do, | 这是我们最不想见到的事 |
[1:36:52] | but, honestly, our priority… | 但是 说实话 我们的主要任务 |
[1:36:53] | Is it wrong that I just want to go over there | 我想过去朝她脸上打一拳 |
[1:36:55] | – and punch her in the face? – Yes, Abby, it’s wrong. | -是错的吗 -对 艾比 是错的 |
[1:36:59] | That’s my job. | 那是我该干的事 |
[1:37:01] | Okay… | 好吧 |
[1:37:15] | What is that? | 那是什么 |
[1:37:16] | Their attempt to intimidate us. | 他们企图恐吓我们 |
[1:37:19] | – It’s working. – Don’t let it. | -真吓到我了 -别被吓到 |
[1:37:22] | They’re just muddying the water to make it seem deep. | 他们只是把水搅浑 让它看起来很深 |
[1:37:25] | It looks like they brought the whole firm. | 看起来就像他们把整个公司都搬来了 |
[1:37:27] | So did we. | 我们也是 |
[1:37:29] | Okay, here we go. | 好了 我们走 |
[1:37:36] | Something about your lawyer seemed familiar. | 你的律师看起来有点眼熟啊 |
[1:37:39] | And then I realized | 然后我才意识到 |
[1:37:40] | he’s the guy from the billboards, right? | 他是广告牌上那家伙 对吧 |
[1:37:43] | Well, good for you. | 好吧 挺不错 |
[1:37:45] | Looks like you really are gonna “get what you deserve.” | 看起来你真的要”得到你应得的”了 |
[1:37:56] | In real life, | 在现实生活中 |
[1:37:57] | sometimes things don’t work out the way we expect. | 有时候事情并没有像期望中那样发展 |
[1:38:02] | is now in session. | 现在开庭 |
[1:38:05] | If this were just a movie | 如果这只是电影 |
[1:38:06] | instead of the story of my life, | 而不是我生活中发生的故事 |
[1:38:08] | then this would be the part where there’d be | 那么这就是我为自己的权益而作斗争的 |
[1:38:11] | an epic battle fought on my behalf, | 一场史诗级的战斗 |
[1:38:13] | full of twists and turns | 充满曲折 |
[1:38:14] | and a come-from-behind victory at the last moment. | 然后在最后一刻取得胜利 |
[1:38:20] | But that’s not what happened. | 但并非如此 |
[1:38:22] | Mom. | 妈妈 |
[1:38:25] | And thank goodness for that. | 感谢上帝 |
[1:38:27] | ‘Cause I don’t think I could have handled it. | 因为我没想到我能搞定 |
[1:38:34] | You guys do know we won, right? | 你们知道我们赢了 对吧 |
[1:38:38] | In the end, it only took Jeff 58 minutes | 最终 只花了杰夫58分钟 |
[1:38:41] | to convince the judge that I was innocent. | 就说服了法官我是无辜的 |
[1:38:44] | All of Planned Parenthood’s lies and accusations | 所有计划生育诊所的谎言和指控 |
[1:38:47] | counted for nothing. | 都烟消云散了 |
[1:38:48] | So tell me the truth. Were you ever worried? | 说实话 你有没有担心过 |
[1:38:51] | What? Me? worry? | 什么 我 担心 |
[1:38:53] | I was sweating like the Devil on Easter morning. | 我就像复活节清晨的魔鬼一样直冒冷汗 |
[1:39:05] | – This isn’t over. – Uh, sure it is. | -这事没完 -我确定完了 |
[1:39:08] | Did you… Were you not paying attention? | 你 你刚没注意听吗 |
[1:39:10] | Oh, and by the way, Abby told me what you said. | 顺便说一下 艾比告诉我你说的话了 |
[1:39:13] | And, yes, I am the guy from the billboards. | 对 我就是广告牌上那家伙 |
[1:39:16] | So, Abby did get what she deserved, and so did you. | 所以 艾比得到她应得的了 你也是 |
[1:39:19] | And I’m the one who gave it to you. | 还有 记住 是我给你的 |
[1:39:27] | Okay. | 好了 |
[1:39:30] | And that would’ve been the end of my story, except for… | 这本是我故事的结尾了 但是 |
[1:39:38] | Hello? | 喂 |
[1:39:40] | You’re never gonna believe what I just found out. | 你不会相信我刚看到了什么 |
[1:39:42] | The clinic is closing. | 诊所关门了 |
[1:39:44] | – What are you talking about? – The clinic. | -你在说什么 -诊所 |
[1:39:47] | Planned Parenthood is closing it down for good. | 计划生育诊所正式倒闭了 |
[1:39:50] | – Shawn, are you sure? – Yeah. | -肖恩 你确定吗 -对 |
[1:39:52] | I just got a memo across my desk. | 我刚收到一份备忘录 |
[1:39:54] | Shawn was right. | 肖恩是对的 |
[1:39:56] | Planned Parenthood of Bryan, Texas, shut its doors | 德克萨斯州布莱恩市的计划生育诊所 |
[1:39:58] | for the final time on August 1, 2013. | 在2013年8月1日正式关门了 |
[1:40:03] | Bread. | 面包 |
[1:40:06] | To celebrate, we all decided | 为了庆祝 我们决定 |
[1:40:08] | to gather at the fence one last time. | 最后一次聚在那道栅栏后面 |
[1:40:11] | Tear it down! | 拆下来 |
[1:40:12] | – Ready? – Are you kidding? | -准备好了吗 -你在开玩笑吗 |
[1:40:13] | I’ve been waiting for this my whole life. | 我一辈子都在等待这一刻 |
[1:40:16] | Tear it down! | 拆下来 |
[1:40:18] | Tear it down! | 拆下来 |
[1:40:21] | Tear it down! Tear it down! | 拆下来 拆下来 |
[1:40:38] | In my hand, I hold two roses, | 我手里拿着两朵玫瑰 |
[1:40:42] | one for each of my own unborn children | 每朵都代表我的一个未出生的孩子 |
[1:40:45] | who I decided to sacrifice on the altar of convenience. | 我为了一己之便牺牲了他们的生命 |
[1:40:50] | And I know I’m not the only one who’s made that mistake. | 我知道我不是唯一犯了这个错误的人 |
[1:40:55] | Thousands of babies were lost to abortion | 成千上万的宝宝在这高墙之内 |
[1:40:58] | inside these walls, including one of mine. | 被堕胎夺去生命 包括我自己的 |
[1:41:02] | And today we remember them. | 今天 我们铭记他们 |
[1:41:04] | We honor them. | 我们尊重他们 |
[1:41:05] | We vow never to forget them. | 我们发誓永远不会忘记他们 |
[1:41:08] | So I’d like to invite you to join me | 所以我想邀请你们加入我 |
[1:41:10] | in placing a rose of your own at the fence in memory of them, | 把你们的玫瑰放在栏杆上纪念他们 |
[1:41:15] | as proof that they are not forgotten. | 证明他们没有被遗忘 |
[1:41:40] | You know, I wrote a letter to you both. | 知道吗 我为你们俩写了一封信 |
[1:41:48] | What it’s about… the words don’t matter. | 这是关于 这些词都不重要 |
[1:41:54] | Because all I want you to know is that I love… | 因为我只想让你们知道 我爱你们 |
[1:41:57] | I love you so much, | 我好爱你们 |
[1:42:00] | and I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[1:42:02] | I’m sorry that I didn’t fight for you, | 对不起我没有为你们抗争 |
[1:42:06] | that I didn’t love you enough then | 我当时没有足够爱你们 |
[1:42:08] | to keep this from happening. | 来阻止这件事发生 |
[1:42:13] | And I think about you every day. | 我每天都在想你们 |
[1:42:21] | But I know that someday | 但是我知道有一天 |
[1:42:24] | I’ll meet you both in Heaven, | 我会在天堂见到你们 |
[1:42:27] | because god is merciful. | 因为上帝是仁慈的 |
[1:42:31] | And he has heard my cries, and he has forgiven me. | 他听到了我的哭喊 宽恕了我 |
[1:43:13] | 这部电影未经计划生育诊所 及其官员 董事 员工 子公司或附属机构 许可或合作而拍摄 并与之没有任何关系 | |
[1:44:14] | ♪ I’m looking at a masterpiece ♪ | ♪ 我正在看一部杰作 ♪ |
[1:44:18] | 艾比和道格不再”只想要一个”了 他们正在期待着第八个孩子的到来 | |
[1:44:18] | ♪ I’m staring at a work of art ♪ | ♪ 我正盯着一件艺术品 ♪ |
[1:44:22] | ♪ I’m listening to a symphony ♪ | ♪ 我正在听交响乐 ♪ |
[1:44:25] | ♪ In every beat of your tiny heart ♪ | ♪ 感受你小巧心脏的每一次跳动 ♪ |
[1:44:30] | ♪ You used to be a choice to make ♪ | ♪ 你曾是我的选择 ♪ |
[1:44:34] | ♪ But now I think you’ve chosen me ♪ | ♪ 但是现在我想你已经选择了我 ♪ |
[1:44:38] | ♪ ‘Cause I see ten fingers, ten toes, two eyes ♪ | ♪ 因为我看到了十只手指 十只脚趾和两只眼睛 ♪ |
[1:44:42] | ♪ And I know this is meant to be ♪ | ♪ 我知道这意味着什么 ♪ |
[1:44:48] | ♪ Oh, I don’t believe in accidents ♪ | ♪ 我不相信有意外 ♪ |
[1:44:52] | ♪ Miracles, they don’t just happen by chance ♪ | ♪ 奇迹不是偶然发生的 ♪ |
[1:44:56] | ♪ As long as my God holds the world in His hands ♪ | ♪ 只要世界还在上帝手中 ♪ |
[1:45:00] | ♪ I know that there’s no such thing as unplanned ♪ | ♪ 我就知道不会有计划外的事情 ♪ |
[1:45:23] | ♪ Broken turns to beautiful ♪ | ♪ 由破碎变为美丽 ♪ |
[1:45:27] | ♪ I see it right before my eyes ♪ | ♪ 我看到它就在眼前 ♪ |
[1:45:31] | ♪ And every single breath you breathe ♪ | ♪ 你的每一次呼吸 ♪ |
[1:45:34] | ♪ Is destiny love has brought to life ♪ | ♪ 都是幸运女神带给我的 ♪ |
[1:45:39] | ♪ I thought it was my story’s end ♪ | ♪ 我以为我的故事结束了 ♪ |
[1:45:43] | ♪ But now the future’s all I see ♪ | ♪ 但现在我只看到未来 ♪ |
[1:45:47] | ♪ Instead of asking who you might have been ♪ | ♪ 比起问你可能是谁 ♪ |
[1:45:55] | ♪ Who you’re gonna be ♪ | ♪ 你将成为谁 ♪ |
[1:45:57] | ♪ ‘Cause I don’t believe in accidents ♪ | ♪ 因为我不相信有意外 ♪ |
[1:46:01] | ♪ Miracles, they don’t just happen by chance ♪ | ♪ 奇迹不是偶然发生的 ♪ |
[1:46:05] | ♪ As long as my God holds the world in His hands ♪ | ♪ 只要世界还在上帝手中 ♪ |
[1:46:10] | ♪ I know that there’s no such thing as unplanned ♪ | ♪ 我就知道不会有计划外的事情 ♪ |
[1:46:18] | ♪ Every life deserves a voice ♪ | ♪ 每个生命都值得去聆听 ♪ |
[1:46:22] | ♪ Every child deserves a chance ♪ | ♪ 每个孩子都值得一次机会 ♪ |
[1:46:26] | ♪ You are more than just a choice ♪ | ♪ 你不仅仅是一个选择 ♪ |
[1:46:31] | ♪ There’s no such thing as unplanned ♪ | ♪ 不再有计划外的事情 ♪ |
[1:46:35] | ♪ Every life deserves a voice ♪ | ♪ 每个生命都值得去聆听 ♪ |
[1:46:39] | ♪ Every child deserves a chance ♪ | ♪ 每个孩子都值得一次机会 ♪ |
[1:46:43] | ♪ You are more than just a choice ♪ | ♪ 你不仅仅是一个选择 ♪ |
[1:46:48] | ♪ Oh, there’s no such thing as unplanned ♪ | ♪ 不再有计划外的事情 ♪ |
[1:46:51] | ♪ Every life deserves a voice ♪ | ♪ 每个生命都值得去聆听 ♪ |
[1:46:55] | ♪ Every child deserves a chance ♪ | ♪ 每个孩子都值得一次机会 ♪ |
[1:47:00] | ♪ You are more than just a choice ♪ | ♪ 你不仅仅是一个选择 ♪ |
[1:47:04] | ♪ ‘Cause there’s no such thing as unplanned ♪ | ♪ 因为不再有计划外的事情 ♪ |
[1:47:46] | ♪ I know it’s all you’ve got to just be strong ♪ | ♪ 我知道你只需要坚强就行了 ♪ |
[1:47:54] | ♪ And it’s a fight just to keep it together ♪ | ♪ 为了在一起我们要奋斗 ♪ |
[1:47:57] | ♪ Together ♪ | ♪ 在一起 ♪ |
[1:48:00] | ♪ I know you think that you are too far gone ♪ | ♪ 我知道你认为自己走得太远了 ♪ |
[1:48:08] | ♪ But hope is never lost ♪ | ♪ 但希望永远不会消失 ♪ |
[1:48:12] | ♪ Hope is never lost ♪ | ♪ 希望永远不会消失 ♪ |
[1:48:17] | ♪ Hold on, don’t let go ♪ | ♪ 抓紧 别放手 ♪ |
[1:48:25] | ♪ Hold on, don’t let go ♪ | ♪ 抓紧 别放手 ♪ |
[1:48:31] | ♪ Just take one step closer ♪ | ♪ 再靠近一点点 ♪ |
[1:48:36] | ♪ Put one foot in front of the other ♪ | ♪ 一步一个脚印 ♪ |
[1:48:39] | ♪ You’ll get through this ♪ | ♪ 你会挺过去的 ♪ |
[1:48:43] | ♪ Just follow the light in the darkness ♪ | ♪ 跟着黑暗中的光 ♪ |
[1:48:48] | ♪ You’re gonna be okay ♪ | ♪ 你会没事的 ♪ |
[1:48:55] | ♪ I know your heart is heavy from those nights ♪ | ♪ 我知道那些夜晚你的心情很沉重 ♪ |
[1:49:03] | ♪ But just remember that you are a fighter ♪ | ♪ 但请记住你是一名战士 ♪ |
[1:49:07] | ♪ A fighter ♪ | ♪ 你是一名战士 ♪ |