时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:18] | Once, just once, I’d like to take a coach service | 一次 就这一次 我希望乘坐严格按照时刻表 |
[00:21] | that fulfils its obligations to the travelling public | 履行其义务 为出行群众提供的 |
[00:24] | according to the promised schedule. | 交通出行服务 |
[00:26] | I don’t like this heath. | 我不喜欢这片小树林 |
[00:29] | It’s spooky. | 好诡异 |
[00:29] | Well, if they can’t manage that, | 如果他们做不到按照时刻表发车 |
[00:31] | at least be honest about it. | 好歹诚实一点啊 |
[00:32] | Time of departure… when we can be arsed. | 出发时间… 随机 |
[00:35] | Time of arrival… some | 到达时间… 十六世纪 |
[00:36] | point in the latter part of the 16th century. | 后期的某个时候 |
[00:40] | Well, in fairness, Will, the coach did throw a wheel. | 不过 老实说 威廉 车还丢了个轮子呢 |
[00:42] | Because the lane was rutted and the axle weak, Kit. | 因为路凹凸不平 轮轴又不结实 基特 |
[00:45] | And why is that? | 这都是为什么呢? |
[00:46] | Because the exorbitant fares we pay | 因为我们所交的昂贵的车费 |
[00:48] | go to line the puffling pants of bloated shareholders, | 都给那些股东们中饱私囊了 |
[00:51] | and none be spent on upgrading the rolling stock, | 没有一毛钱花在了升级车辆 |
[00:54] | mending the tracks or ensuring there be an adequate supply of | 修补道路或是保证一下马房厕所里 |
[00:57] | soft leaves and damp moss in the coach house privy. | 柔软的叶子和潮湿的苔藓的供应量 |
[01:02] | How far is it, do you think, Mr Shakespeare? | 你觉得还有多远 莎士比亚先生? |
[01:04] | I really don’t like this heath. | 我真的不喜欢这片小树林 |
[01:06] | Oh, about a dozen furlongs, Kate. | 大概十二弗隆 凯特 |
[01:08] | Mainly bog with patches of swamp. | 一路都是沼泽什么的 |
[01:10] | Well, it’s better than being in London. | 那也比在伦敦好 |
[01:12] | You do not want to be in Southwark with the Black Death in town. | 你不会想跟黑死病一起在萨瑟克待着吧 |
[01:14] | Such a shame they had to close the theatres. | 关闭戏院真是太可惜了 |
[01:16] | Hmm, a grim business. | 形势严峻 |
[01:18] | We were giving my Richard the night it struck. | 病发的那天晚上 戏院在上演我的理查剧 |
[01:20] | Awful moment, | 真是可怕的时刻 |
[01:21] | I thought half the audience had nodded off. | 我以为一半的观众都在打瞌睡 |
[01:23] | Big relief to discover they were dead. | 发现他们都死了真是松了一口气 |
[01:26] | Course, some of them had died in their sleep. | 那是 有的人在睡梦中就死去了 |
[01:29] | A few, Bottom. Ten, at most. | 就几个 宝特姆 最多十个 |
[01:32] | Well, we’ll make a merry crew in Warwickshire, | 我们会成为沃里克郡欢乐旅行团的 |
[01:34] | and no mistake… you at Stratford, | 毫无疑问… 你待在斯特拉特福德 |
[01:35] | and me staying at Sir Thomas Livesey’s manor house nearby. | 我待在附近的托马斯·利弗西爵士的庄园里 |
[01:38] | Particularly with Burbage | 尤其是知道了 |
[01:39] | and his company forced out of London on tour | 伯比奇和他的戏院 在有预定演出的情况下 |
[01:41] | and booked to perform. | 被逼出了伦敦 |
[01:42] | Ah, well, I may skip that. | 好吧 我就不说这个了 |
[01:44] | The Livesey children have | 利弗西家的小孩 |
[01:45] | a French teacher who teases most cheekily | 有个法国老师 总是在我去的时候 |
[01:47] | whenever I come to visit. | 厚颜无耻地调戏我 |
[01:48] | Always whispering l’amour and then running away. | 总是在说些情啊爱的 然后又跑了 |
[01:51] | Well, this time I hope to catch her. | 希望这次我能抓到她 |
[01:56] | Which is French. It means | 法语 意思是 |
[01:58] | “Chase my little cupcake into the larder”. | “到储藏室来品尝我的美味小蛋糕吧” |
[02:01] | Actually, Mr Marlowe, it means, | 其实 马洛先生 这句话的意思是 |
[02:02] | “Grab a small bucket with a cabbage in it.” | “拿个里边有卷心菜的小桶过来” |
[02:05] | Really? | 是吗? |
[02:06] | Gosh, Kit, you’re such a cool chap. | 天哪 基特 你真是一个炫酷的男人 |
[02:09] | Yes, I am. | 那是 |
[02:10] | It was kind of you to invite me along as well, Mr Shakespeare. | 你能邀请我一起真是太好了 莎士比亚先生 |
[02:14] | I can’t wait to meet your daughter Susanna. | 我等不及要见你的女儿苏珊娜 |
[02:16] | I hope we shall be best of friends. | 希望我跟她能成为最好的朋友 |
[02:19] | Hmm. I… I’m not sure I’d call her friendly. | 额 我… 可不确定她算不算得上友善 |
[02:21] | Oh, Mr Shakespeare, I’m sure she’s perfect, | 哦 莎士比亚先生 我确信她特别完美 |
[02:23] | and I shall love her. | 我肯定会爱她的 |
[02:24] | When I was young, I didn’t | 我年轻的时候 没多少朋友 |
[02:26] | have a lot of friends… or any, in fact. | 或者 老实说吧… 一个朋友也没有 |
[02:28] | That’s dead sad, that. | 真可悲 |
[02:30] | No, no, Bottom. It was my own fault. | 不 不 宝特姆 是我的错 |
[02:32] | I was a bit of a swotty try-hard. | 我有点过于刻意 |
[02:35] | Always trying to chat to girls in Latin | 总是在睡衣派对上 |
[02:36] | at slumber parties, | 想跟别的姑娘用拉丁文聊聊天 |
[02:38] | or discuss the oppression of the female sex. | 或是讨论关于女性性压迫的问题 |
[02:40] | John Knox’s book, | 约翰·诺克斯的书 |
[02:42] | A First Blast On The Trumpet | 小号上的第一次爆炸 |
[02:43] | Against The Monstrous Regiment Of Women, | 针对妇女的荒谬统治 |
[02:45] | had just come out, and I was so angry about it. | 刚刚出版 我要气死了 |
[02:49] | Oh, this heath is really, really spooky. | 这片小树林真的很诡异啊 |
[02:53] | Oh, for goodness’ sake, Bottom. Desist! | 我的天 宝特姆 得了吧! |
[02:55] | It’s the 1590s, not the Dark Ages! | 这是十六世纪九十年代 又不是黑暗时代! |
[02:58] | A glorious age of reason and logic. | 理性与逻辑的辉煌时代 |
[03:00] | You still believe in wood nymphs. | 你还相信森林中的女神那套呢 |
[03:01] | I’m torn. I think the jury’s out. | 我心碎了 就这样吧 |
[03:05] | After all, if dew be not the tears of scolded fairies, | 如果露珠不是女神的眼泪的话 |
[03:08] | – then how do you explain it? – Well, exactly! | – 你要怎么解释露珠的存在? – 正是! |
[03:10] | There’d be no rain in the night, | 晚上又没有下雨 |
[03:12] | yet, come morn, the ground be soft. | 然而 到了早晨 土地却是软的 |
[03:13] | I mean, how does that work? | 是的 那是什么原因呢? |
[03:15] | I did try to make friends. | 我的确很努力交朋友来着 |
[03:17] | One time, I organised | 有一次 我组织了一场 |
[03:19] | a pink-themed girlie party | 粉红主题的女生睡衣派对 |
[03:21] | with strawberry pudding and raspberry lemonade, | 还有草莓布丁和覆盆子柠檬水 |
[03:23] | but nobody came. | 结果并没有人来 |
[03:24] | Perhaps it was a mistake to write the invitations in Greek. | 或许用希腊文写请帖是一个错误 |
[03:27] | You think | 你说呢 |
[03:28] | But this time, with Susanna, | 但是这次 跟苏珊娜 |
[03:30] | I am determined to make a proper… pal. | 我决心要做一个合适的… 朋友 |
[03:33] | Double, double Toil and trouble | 不惮辛劳不惮烦 |
[03:36] | Fire burn and cauldron bubble. | 釜中沸沫已成澜 |
[03:40] | All hail Will Shakespeare. | 威廉·莎士比亚万岁 |
[03:44] | Owner of your house in Henley Street. | 亨利街上房子的主人 |
[03:48] | Owner of a fine, new suckling pig. | 一只乳猪的主人 |
[03:53] | And owner of New Place hereafter. | 从此以后便是新居的主人了 |
[03:59] | Owner of New Place hereafter! | 从此以后便是新居的主人了 |
[04:05] | – Well, that was a bit weird. – Ever so. | – 有点奇怪啊 – 可不是嘛 |
[04:10] | Such strange prophecy. | 这个预言真奇怪 |
[04:12] | I am the owner of the house on Henley Street, | 我的确是亨利街上房子的主人 |
[04:14] | but I have no new pig | 但是我既没有新养猪 |
[04:16] | and I’m certainly not the owner of New Place. | 当然也不是新居的主人 |
[04:19] | – New Place? – The second-largest house in Stratford. | – 新居? – 斯特拉特福德第二大的房子 |
[04:22] | Own water, extensive family area, with room for second cow. | 自己有水源 家居面积很广 还能容纳两头牛 |
[04:26] | Anne and I would kill for that house. | 安妮和我愿意为那房子付出任何代价 |
[04:31] | Angels and ministers of grace defend us! | 天使和牧师的恩典保卫我们! |
[04:34] | What be that ghostly shriek? | 那是什么鬼叫? |
[04:35] | Just a bit of road kill, Master. | 只是一点路杀动物 先生 |
[04:37] | ‘Tis a fine suckling pig. Still living… | 这头乳猪还蛮不错的呢 还活着… |
[04:42] | Now dead. | 现在死了 |
[04:44] | Good fortune indeed. | 真好运 |
[04:46] | Mrs Shakespeare’ll be thrilled | 晚餐能吃上这么不错的猪肉 |
[04:47] | to have a nice pig for supper. | 莎士比亚夫人可得激动坏了 |
[04:49] | Well, that’s a bit blooming spooky, isn’t it? | 刚才可吓死人了 不是吗? |
[04:51] | – What? – The witches’ prophecy. | – 什么? – 那些女巫的预言 |
[04:54] | They knew you were owner of the house on Henley Street. | 她们知道你是亨利街上那房子的主人 |
[04:56] | Which you are. | 你正是 |
[04:57] | – They said you’d own a pig. – Which you now do! | – 她们还说你有一头猪 – 你现在有了! |
[05:00] | And then they said you’d be owner of New Place hereafter… | 然后她们还说你将来会成为新居的主人… |
[05:03] | ha-ha, ha-ha… | 哈哈 哈哈… |
[05:04] | which you just said you’d kill for. | 你刚刚还说为了它 你愿意付出一切 |
[05:06] | Kate’s right. That’s spooky. | 凯特说的没错 太可怕了 |
[05:08] | – Spooky. – Spooky. | – 阴森森的 – 怪吓人的 |
[05:10] | Not spooky at all. | 一点也不吓人 |
[05:12] | And yet do I feel my spirits quicken within me. | 不过我觉得我现在很亢奋 |
[05:16] | I would love to own New Place. | 我想拥有新的居所 |
[05:18] | Property is going crazy in Stratford right now. | 眼下斯特拉特福的房地产业正发疯呢 |
[05:26] | Oh, God, I’d love that house. | 哦 天哪 我超级喜欢那个房子 |
[05:28] | It’s a common little hovel. | 它就是一个俗气的小茅舍 |
[05:30] | When I was a girl, I lived in a manor house… | 我年轻的时候 我可是住在庄园里面… |
[05:33] | … but then I was an Arden and of noble birth. | … 而那时我可是名门望族艾登家的人 |
[05:37] | Oh, shut up about your noble birth, woman! | 哦 别念叨你那贵族出身了 女人! |
[05:40] | What music do you like? I’m totally into madrigals. | 你喜欢什么类型的音乐? 我超爱牧歌 |
[05:43] | They’re crap! | 那些都是垃圾! |
[05:44] | Yeah. No, totally, so lame. | 是的 不 完全是 超逊的 |
[05:46] | Hate them. | 讨厌它们 |
[05:47] | Shall we make a den and talk about female emancipation? | 我们去书房聊聊女性解放问题如何? |
[05:50] | Who are you?! | 你是谁啊?! |
[05:52] | Shall we have a midnight feast? | 我们能举办一个午夜盛宴吗? |
[05:56] | This New Place looks like a pretty good buy, Will. | 这个新居看起来很值得购买 威廉 |
[05:59] | Put us Shakespeares back on the town map. | 把我们莎士比亚家族放回城镇的地图之上 |
[06:01] | After you comprehensively rubbed us off it. | 就在你把我们从那地图之上彻底擦掉之后 |
[06:04] | Oh, shut up, woman. | 哦 闭嘴吧 女人 |
[06:06] | It was only a bit of fiddling. | 那只是稍作改动 |
[06:08] | You used to find it quite titillating till I got nabbed. | 我被抓之前你还觉得那很刺激呢 |
[06:14] | Anyway, Will, | 总之 威廉 |
[06:15] | what if those witches’ prophecy came true? | 如果那些女巫的预言成真了怎么办? |
[06:18] | Actually, I don’t think witches are witches at all, | 事实上 我不相信所谓的女巫是真的女巫 |
[06:21] | just women who don’t fit in. | 不过是无法适应社会的女人们罢了 |
[06:23] | Learned, creative, reluctant to accept the repressive social | 有学问 有创造力 不愿意接受专制社会 |
[06:26] | and economic restraints forced upon their sex. | 还有强加在她们性别之上的经济约束 |
[06:29] | Uh… what?! | 呃… 什么玩意?! |
[06:31] | Men find that threatening and so they burn them as witches. | 男人们感觉到威胁就把她们烧成女巫的样子 |
[06:34] | Totally obvious to me. | 看我就相当明显了 |
[06:36] | Uh, Kate, the three learned | 呃 凯特 我们在荒地上遇到的 |
[06:37] | and creative women we encountered on the heath | 那三个有学识的还有创造力的女人 |
[06:40] | had huge hooked noses, | 有着大鹰钩鼻 |
[06:42] | numerous enormous warts, | 长了那么多大疣 |
[06:44] | cackled incessantly and wore pointy hats. | 不停地咯咯叫 还头戴尖顶帽 |
[06:49] | Exactly what part of not being a witch | 坐在这里的你 |
[06:50] | are you getting at here? | 到底哪项符合了一个女巫的特质? |
[06:52] | Anyway, can we please stop talking about New Place? | 总之 我们能别再聊新居这个话题了吗? |
[06:55] | Duncan MacBuff owns it, | 邓肯·麦克德夫是房子的主人 |
[06:56] | and I’m afraid I could never do business with him. | 恐怕我跟他永远做不成生意 |
[06:59] | Don’t be soft, lad. Why not? | 别畏首畏尾的 小伙子 为什么不能? |
[07:00] | Because he is Scottish and I am English, | 因为他是苏格兰人 而我是英格兰人 |
[07:02] | so no matter how much I pay or how generous the terms, | 所以不管我付多少钱 或者条款有多慷慨 |
[07:05] | he will still claim to have been given a raw deal | 他都会声称他做了一桩不公平的交易 |
[07:08] | and then bang on about it for ever. | 然后一辈子都在絮叨这件事情 |
[07:14] | – Ah, Mrs Shakespeare! – Speak of the Devil. | – 啊 莎士比亚夫人! – 说曹操曹操到 |
[07:17] | I’ll trouble you for a jug of milk | 麻烦你给我一罐牛奶 |
[07:19] | unless, being English, | 除非 作为一个英格兰人 |
[07:21] | you prefer to deny sustenance to a Scotsman. | 你更想拒绝给苏格兰人提供食物 |
[07:24] | God, MacBuff! | 天哪 麦克德夫! |
[07:25] | Again with the victim thing! Let it go! | 又开始说受害者的事情了! 放下吧! |
[07:28] | What have you got to feel victimised about? | 你觉得自己哪点受到伤害了? |
[07:30] | King Edward I invading. | 爱德华一世入侵 |
[07:32] | His soldiers murdering William Wallace. | 他的士兵们杀害了威廉·华莱士 |
[07:35] | It happened in 1296! | 爱德华一世是一二九六年入侵的苏格兰! |
[07:37] | Wallace was topped in 1305! | 华莱士是一三零五年被斩首的! |
[07:39] | When will you let it drop? | 你什么时候能放下这件事情? |
[07:41] | God’s boobikins! At this rate, | 大蠢货! 照这个进度 |
[07:44] | you’ll still be banging on about William bloody Wallace | 接下来的一千年 |
[07:46] | in the next millennium. | 你都会一直叨叨威廉·华莱士这个破事 |
[07:48] | Longshanks did plenty cruel | “长腿爱德华”残忍地对待并血腥地屠杀了 |
[07:50] | and bloody slaughter to innocent Scots. | 无辜的苏格兰人民 |
[07:52] | Well, it was your own fault. | 好吧 这也是你自己的错 |
[07:54] | I’m sorry, | 我很抱歉 |
[07:55] | but painting yourself blue is just not a battle plan. | 但是把自己讲的很惨可算不上是一个战略 |
[07:57] | It made us look scary. | 它让我们看起来很可怖 |
[08:00] | It did not make you look scary. It made you look silly. | 并没有让你看上去可怖 它让你看上去可笑 |
[08:03] | We pulverised you at Bannockburn. | 我们在班诺克本战役中可是把你们击得粉碎 |
[08:05] | Absolutely, because I am 300 years old and was there. | 就是 因为我都三百岁了 而且当时我也在场 |
[08:09] | You dishonour a great and noble heritage, sir, | 你羞辱了一个伟大而崇高的遗产 先生 |
[08:12] | but I expect nothing else from an Englishman. | 不过我也不指望英格兰人别的了 |
[08:14] | The milk, if you please! | 方便的话请给我牛奶! |
[08:15] | You’re very welcome to | 如果你想的话 |
[08:16] | go next door to Moll Sluttage, if you wish. | 隔壁莫尔·思路提志可欢迎你过去了 |
[08:18] | She is English, too, and so, like you, | 她也是一个英格兰人 而且 跟你一样 |
[08:20] | sees it as her birth right to… | 认为她生来就有权利… |
[08:22] | to cheat and abuse us Scots, who are, as the world knows, | 欺骗和虐待我们苏格兰人 世人皆知 |
[08:26] | a decent, industrious, fair-minded and egalitarian people… | 一个正派 勤奋 公正且主张平等的人… |
[08:31] | in permanent occupation of the moral high ground. | 永远占领着道德高地 |
[08:34] | Thank God we’re a separate nation! | 感谢上帝我们是一个独立的国家! |
[08:38] | Yes, well, I think we can | 是的 在这一点上 |
[08:40] | all agree with you on that one, Mr MacBuff, | 我们都同意你的说法 麦克德夫先生 |
[08:42] | and long may it remain so. | 希望这点永不改变 |
[08:45] | Here’s your milk, Mr MacBuff. | 你要的牛奶 麦克德夫先生 |
[08:46] | I shall be back early morning before church for a second jug, | 我明早去教堂之前回来拿第二壶 |
[08:49] | unless, being English, | 除非 作为英格兰人 |
[08:51] | you’ve murdered me in my bed for being Scottish. | 你已经在睡梦中杀死了身为苏格兰人的我 |
[08:56] | That Duncan MacBuff, he’s so bloody self-righteous. | 那个邓肯·麦克德夫 他真够装腔作势的 |
[08:59] | It drives me potty. | 快把我逼疯了 |
[09:01] | It’d serve him right if I did put water in his milk. | 我就该在他的牛奶里掺水 |
[09:04] | Or worse. | 或者更糟 |
[09:05] | Hmm. Worse? | 嗯哼 怎么更糟? |
[09:07] | Oh, it’d be so easy, too. | 那也很简单 |
[09:10] | There’s a bucket of white lead paint | 有一桶白色铅涂料 |
[09:12] | all ready to do the plaster on the half-timbering. | 正要用来给木屋上墙泥 |
[09:15] | Do you see what I’m getting at? | 你懂我的意思了吗? |
[09:16] | Anne, I’ve told you, I’ll get round to it! | 安妮 我告诉过你了 等我空下来就弄! |
[09:19] | Just put it on my “Dad job” List. | 把它写到我的”爸爸任务”清单里面就行 |
[09:21] | Some blokes would just take the witches’ hint | 某些人能领会女巫的暗示 |
[09:23] | and kill the Caledonian bastible! | 杀了那个苏格兰混蛋! |
[09:25] | Yes. Well, fortunately, I’m not some blokes, am I? | 是的 幸运的是 我不是某些人 不是吗? |
[09:28] | I’m your husband, whom you do oft call Snugglington or Tiny Knob. | 我是你的老公 你经常叫我抱抱熊 小疙瘩 |
[09:34] | And those be no names for a wild and dangerous killer. | 这些可不是凶残危险的杀手名字 |
[09:37] | Yeah, I know. Nice to think about, though. Lovely dream. | 是的 我知道 就这么一想而已 美梦一场 |
[09:42] | Night. | 晚安 |
[10:03] | Is this a milk jug which I see before me… | 在我面前的是一壶牛奶吗… |
[10:08] | … the handle toward my hand? | … 这个手柄正对着我的手? |
[10:13] | Come, let me clutch thee. | 来吧 让我紧握住你 |
[10:18] | I have thee not, and yet I see thee still! | 我没有抓到 但是我仍能看到! |
[10:33] | I see thee yet, in form as palpable | 我能看到 它有着明显的轮廓 |
[10:36] | as this which now I draw. | 就和这个一模一样 |
[10:39] | Thou marshals me the way that I was going, | 它指引着我的方向 |
[10:43] | and such an instrument I was to use. | 它就是我将使用的器皿 |
[10:49] | I see thee still. | 我仍能看到它 |
[10:51] | And on thy spout and handle gouts of white paint containing lead, | 在它的喷嘴和手柄上沾满白色的铅涂料 |
[10:55] | ready to do the outside plaster, | 将被用来上墙泥 |
[10:57] | which is on my “Dad jobs” | 这件事情列在我一定要 |
[10:58] | List that I keep meaning to get round to. | 抽空完成的”爸爸任务”清单上 |
[11:06] | The bell invites me. | 钟声将我引来 |
[11:08] | Hear it not, Duncan, | 听吧 邓肯 |
[11:10] | for it is a knell that summons thee to heaven or to hell. | 这是召唤你去天堂或地狱的丧钟 |
[11:20] | Wife, a terrible, terrible dream I had. | 老婆 我做了一个很可怕 很可怕的梦 |
[11:25] | Ah, me! My hands be all gooey and covered in pale slop. | 啊 是我! 我的手黏黏的 沾满白色的污水 |
[11:31] | Yes, well, you’ve had plenty of those dreams, Will. | 你做这种梦又不是一次两次了 威廉 |
[11:34] | There’s no need to wake me up about it. | 用不着为这把我吵醒吧 |
[11:36] | No, I did walk in my sleep. | 不 我昨晚确实梦游了 |
[11:38] | I must put a stop to this before ’tis too late. | 我必须趁早停止这一切 |
[11:43] | – Where’s the jug? – What jug? | – 壶在哪里? – 什么壶? |
[11:45] | The jug of paint… milk! | 那壶油漆… 牛奶! |
[11:47] | Oh, the jug for Mr MacBuff? | 哦 给麦克德夫先生的那壶? |
[11:49] | Yeah, he came round really early on his way to church, | 他今天很早去了教堂 经过这里 |
[11:51] | saw my candle lit and came for his milk. | 看到我的蜡烛亮着 就来拿牛奶了 |
[11:54] | Oh, no, Bottom. | 哦 不 宝特姆 |
[11:55] | You shouldn’t have given it to him. | 你不应该给他的 |
[11:57] | What? Because he’s Scottish? | 为什么? 因为他是苏格兰人? |
[12:01] | That’s just prejudiced. | 这样有点偏见吧 |
[12:02] | No, because I poisoned it. | 不 因为我在牛奶里面下毒了 |
[12:05] | Well, that’s really prejudiced! | 这是真的抱有偏见了! |
[12:07] | Could we get off the geo-political aspect | 你能不能暂时不要从地理政治学的角度 |
[12:10] | of this for a minute? | 思考问题? |
[12:11] | The crucial point is to stop me from being hung for murder. | 问题的关键是阻止我因为谋杀被吊死 |
[12:21] | He’s drunk the paint. | 他喝了油漆 |
[12:23] | What am going to do? | 我该怎么办 |
[12:25] | I wouldn’t worry. | 是我就不会担心 |
[12:27] | I reckon your plaster’s good for at least another year. | 我觉得你的油漆至少还能用一年 |
[12:29] | I don’t know what Mrs S is on about. | 我不懂莎士比亚夫人有什么好唠叨的 |
[12:31] | I’m not talking about my dad job! | 我不是在说我的”爸爸任务”清单! |
[12:32] | I’m talking about MacBuff! He’s dead! | 我说的是麦克德夫! 他死了! |
[12:35] | Maybe he’s asleep. | 也许他睡着了 |
[12:36] | Asleep? Shakespeare doth murder sleep. | 睡着了? 莎士比亚谋杀了睡眠 |
[12:40] | I’ve killed him and I’ll be found out. | 我杀了他 我会被发现的 |
[12:42] | Milk will have blood! | 牛奶将沾满鲜血! |
[12:44] | God, you’re so dramatic, Master. | 天呐 你太戏剧化了 先生 |
[12:47] | Yes, funny, that. | 哈哈 真好笑 |
[12:49] | Except, hang on, it’s what I do! | 只不过 等一下 我就是靠这个吃饭的! |
[12:54] | It’s got to be perfect, love. | 这将会是完美的 亲爱的 |
[12:56] | I’ve never been to a dinner party before. | 我之前从未参加过晚宴 |
[12:58] | If you need any alterations, I can do them. | 如果你需要任何改动 都可以找我 |
[13:00] | I love girlie dress-up stuff. | 我最爱帮女孩子打扮 |
[13:02] | Well, OK, thanks. Got this. | 好吧 谢谢 我能弄好 |
[13:04] | Anne, I must speak with thee. | 安妮 我有话和你说 |
[13:05] | Susanna, Kate, would you mind? | 苏珊娜 凯特 能不能回避下? |
[13:08] | Well, can I stay and she go? | 我留下 她走不行吗? |
[13:09] | Please, Sue, I need a moment. | 拜托了 苏 就一会儿 |
[13:11] | Come on, I’d love to meet some of your mates. | 来吧 我很愿意见见你的朋友 |
[13:15] | – That is not going to happen! – Please! | – 这绝对不会发生的! – 拜托! |
[13:19] | I can’t believe I’m going to dinner | 真不敢相信我要参加 |
[13:20] | at Sir Thomas Livesey’s. | 托马斯·利弗西爵士的晚宴 |
[13:22] | Me, a farmer’s daughter, | 我 一个农夫的女儿 |
[13:24] | supping with the cock-snobbled folderols! | 穿着各种不值钱的东西! |
[13:27] | Anne, I’ve killed him. | 安妮 我杀了他 |
[13:30] | What? | 什么? |
[13:31] | MacBuff. I’ve killed him. | 麦克德夫 我杀了他 |
[13:33] | – Don’t jape. – I’m not japing. | – 别开玩笑 – 我没开玩笑 |
[13:35] | Trust me. You’d know if he was japing, | 相信我 你能知道他什么时候在开玩笑 |
[13:37] | because you wouldn’t get it. | 因为你不会听懂的 |
[13:41] | I-I’ve murdered MacBuff! | 我杀了麦克德夫! |
[13:43] | In the night! | 深夜时分! |
[13:45] | I filled the milk jug with lead paint. | 我在牛奶壶里装满了铅涂料 |
[13:47] | ‘Twas a vision that led me. I thought it was a dream, | 一个幻象引导着我 我以为那是一个梦 |
[13:49] | but it wasn’t a dream. I really did it! | 但是这不是梦 我真的这么做了! |
[13:52] | That’s terrible, Will. | 太可怕了 威廉 |
[13:53] | I know. I know! | 我知道 我知道! |
[13:55] | Still, it does mean you can buy his house. | 但是你仍然可以买他的房子 |
[14:01] | Actually, that’s true. We can buy his house. | 事实上 这是真的 我们还可以买他的房子 |
[14:03] | Anne, I don’t think you heard me right. | 安妮 我想你没听懂我的话 |
[14:05] | I’ve murdered MacBuff! | 我杀了麦克德夫! |
[14:07] | Which is terrible, Will, terrible. | 这确实很可怕 威廉 很可怕 |
[14:11] | Wife, how canst thou take this so lightly? | 老婆 你怎么听了以后如此淡定? |
[14:14] | Oh, I’m not taking it lightly. | 哦 我不是淡定 |
[14:15] | I’m just trying to see the upside. | 我只是试着去想事情的另一面 |
[14:18] | We live in tough times. Life’s cheap. | 我们活在一个艰难的时代 生命轻贱 |
[14:20] | I mean, the average bloke’s dead by the time he’s 25. | 我的意思是 这个年代平均死亡年龄二十五岁 |
[14:22] | I suppose, put like that, | 我想 按你的意思 |
[14:24] | MacBuff should consider himself lucky. | 麦克德夫应该觉得自己很幸运了 |
[14:26] | Yeah, course he should. Selfish bastible.(bastard) | 是的 他应该这么觉得 自私的混蛋 |
[14:28] | I mean, how long did he want to live for, anyway? | 不管怎么样 他还想活多久? |
[14:31] | There’s no reason why we should be suspected… | 没有理由会怀疑我们… |
[14:33] | not unless we bring it on ourselves. | 除非我们让别人感到可疑 |
[14:36] | Tonight, we dine at Sir Thomas Livesey’s | 今晚 我们去托马斯·利弗西爵士家参加晚宴 |
[14:39] | and we must both appear innocent and carefree. | 我们必须表现得清白且无忧无虑 |
[14:42] | Smiling and laughing. | 保持微笑 |
[14:44] | Yes, you’re right. Innocent and carefree. | 是的 你说的对 清白且无忧无虑 |
[14:47] | Of course, Burbage and his | 当然 伯比奇和他的 |
[14:48] | company are booked for the entertainment, | 戏院安排了一些娱乐活动 |
[14:50] | so smiling and laughing might be harder. | 所以保持微笑可能有点困难 |
[14:53] | I think we should aim for forced grins. | 我想我们应该主要咧着嘴笑 |
[15:03] | I’m telling you, it’s time to take some risks. | 我告诉过你了 是时候冒点险了 |
[15:05] | Push the boundaries. Mash it up, yeah? | 突破边界 混合在一起 明白吗? |
[15:08] | But, Kempe, we have given Gammer Gurton’s Needle | 但是 肯普 我们在私人宴会上表演 |
[15:10] | at every private engagement for over 30 years. | 葛顿大娘的缝衣针 已经有三十年了 |
[15:13] | Oh, hello! What are you not getting? | 哦 拜托! 你还没听懂我的意思吗? |
[15:16] | Gammer Gurton’s Needle is old. | 葛顿大娘的缝衣针 太老了 |
[15:18] | It is therefore, by definition, crap. | 因此 某种含义上 就是垃圾 |
[15:20] | Oh, it’s very harsh. | 哦 你这话真刺耳 |
[15:21] | The world’s moved on, mate. | 世界在进步 伙计 |
[15:22] | A little thing called the Renaissance. Heard of it | 有件小事叫文艺复兴 听说过吧 |
[15:25] | We’ve got to challenge the form, do some proper clowning. | 我们必须突破形式 适当地插科打诨 |
[15:28] | For God’s sake, Kempe. All right, just talk us through it again. | 看在上帝的份上 肯普 我们再说明白点 |
[15:31] | Commedia dell’arte, mate. Cutting edge. | 即兴喜剧 伙计 时代的前沿 |
[15:34] | We’ll do a lazzi. | 我们来做插科打诨吧 |
[15:35] | A lazzi? | 插科打诨? |
[15:36] | Oh, yes, sorry. Forgot. You’re English. | 哦 对了 不好意思 忘记你是英格兰人了 |
[15:38] | You don’t know about new comedy. | 你不了解现在新的戏剧 |
[15:39] | It’s a pre-agreed scenario around which we’ll improvise. | 一个预先设置好的场景 然后我们即兴发挥 |
[15:42] | Impro-what? | 即兴什么? |
[15:43] | Improv, mate. Yeah? | 即兴表演 伙计 明白吗? |
[15:44] | Going with the flow, yeah? Picking up the ball. | 跟随节奏 明白吗? 拾起一个球 |
[15:47] | Free forming. Finding the comedy ooh! | 没有固定的形式 找寻笑点 哦! |
[15:50] | In the moment. | 就在一瞬间 |
[15:51] | But I don’t need to find my comedy. | 但是我不需要找寻笑点 |
[15:54] | I know exactly where it is. | 我确切地知道它在哪里 |
[15:56] | I simply take my inflated pig’s bladder. | 我只需简单地拿起充气的猪膀胱 |
[15:59] | I drop it on the floor. I stoop to pick it up. | 我把它扔在地上 我弯腰捡起它 |
[16:02] | Mr Condell kicks me up the bum-shank. | 康德尔先生用腿踢我的屁股 |
[16:05] | I go, “Ooh!” He says… | 我说 “哦!” 他说… |
[16:07] | “Oh, Master, | “哦 先生 |
[16:07] | now thy arse be as red as thy face!” | 现在你的脸和你的屁股一样红了!” |
[16:09] | And the whole room explodes in merriment! | 然后整个房间的人就会哄堂大笑! |
[16:11] | Yeah. Sorry, mate, | 是的 对不起 伙计 |
[16:13] | but people don’t want jokes. | 但是人们想要的不是玩笑 |
[16:14] | They want attitude. | 他们想要的是态度 |
[16:16] | We’ll do a famous lazzi the fly. | 我们做那个有名的插科打诨的表演吧 |
[16:19] | It’s brilliant. | 会很出彩的 |
[16:21] | I’m only going to do it if you stop laughing that laugh. | 除非你停止发出那种笑声 我才会去做 |
[16:25] | Can’t, mate. Sometimes it’s the only way I have of expressing | 我做不到 伙计 有时这是我唯一能够表达 |
[16:28] | the breadth and depth of | 我喜剧天分的 |
[16:30] | my comic instincts, so live with it, yeah? | 广度和深度的途径 所以适应它吧 好吗? |
[16:35] | Well, now, Mrs Shakespeare, | 好吧 现在 莎士比亚先生 |
[16:37] | Lady Livesey and I are most happy | 利弗西夫人和我很高兴 |
[16:39] | to welcome you to our mansion. | 欢迎你们来我们的宅邸 |
[16:42] | Oh, yes, it is splendid | 是的 十分荣幸 |
[16:43] | to be dining with the gentry, Sir Thomas, | 能和贵族们一起用餐 托马斯爵士 |
[16:47] | now that my Will is advancing in the world. | 现在我家威廉正在推动世界 |
[16:49] | Kit Marlowe, whom you know, of course, | 基特·马洛 当然 你是知道的 |
[16:51] | will be joining us. | 会和我们一同用餐 |
[16:52] | He’s just finishing a French lesson with our governess. | 他刚刚上完家庭教师的法语课 |
[16:56] | Ooh! Ooh-la-la! | 哦! 哦 我的天呐! |
[16:58] | And we have another guest come in refuge from the plague… | 我们还有一位为了躲避瘟疫而来的客人… |
[17:02] | – Robert Greene. – Greene? Here? | – 罗伯特·格林 – 格林? 这里? |
[17:05] | He gave you a poor review, did he not? | 他曾经抨击了你 是吗? |
[17:07] | Yes, he did. He called me “Upstart” | 是的 他在《格林的小智慧》里 |
[17:10] | In his Groatsworth of Wit. | 称我为”暴发户” |
[17:12] | I am honoured indeed that a great poet like yourself | 我真的很荣幸像你这样伟大的诗人 |
[17:16] | remembers my poor slander. | 竟还记得我撇脚的诽谤 |
[17:19] | After all, I only studied classics at Cambridge University, | 毕竟 我只是在剑桥大学拜读了一些名著 |
[17:22] | whilst you, great Hermes, | 与此同时你 伟大的赫尔墨斯 |
[17:25] | did reading and adding up | 正在斯特拉特福 |
[17:27] | at Stratford Bumbling School. | 装模作样的学校里阅读 |
[17:29] | I care not for your slanders, Greene, | 我一点也不介意你的诽谤 格林 |
[17:32] | although methinks a better title than a Groatsworth of Wit | 尽管我想到了比《格林的小智慧》更好的标题 |
[17:35] | would be to take “Wit”, subtract two Greenes | 我们把”Wit”拿出来 去掉两个格林 |
[17:38] | and add a call for silence. | 然后加上安静的呼叫 |
[17:40] | I do not follow you, sirrah. | 我没听懂你的意思 小子 |
[17:43] | Why, you, sir, are Robert Greene. | 为什么呢 先生 你是罗伯特·格林 |
[17:45] | So two Greenes is double you. | 所以两个格林就是两个你 |
[17:47] | Take W from “Wit” And you have but “It”. | 从”Wit”里拿走W 还剩下”It” |
[17:50] | A call for silence is a very “Sh”, | 安静的呼叫就是”Sh” |
[17:52] | and add a “Sh” To “It” | “Sh”加上”It” |
[17:53] | and you have a groatsworth of what you write! | 所以名字就是”格林的小垃圾”! |
[17:58] | Brilliant, Husband! | 太聪明了 老公! |
[18:00] | Nobody would guess you’d murdered a neighbour this morning. | 没有人会怀疑你今天早上谋杀了邻居 |
[18:04] | Oh, yes, my Will is much raised up in the world. | 是的 我家威廉在这世上越来越出名了 |
[18:08] | Soon, we are to buy ourselves | 不久后 我们会在斯特拉特福 |
[18:10] | a bigger house here in Stratford. | 买一套更大点的房子 |
[18:11] | Ah. – New Place, | 啊 – 新居 |
[18:12] | which we have coveted for years. | 我们已经觊觎这个房子很多年了 |
[18:14] | Perhaps you know it? | 也许您听说过? |
[18:16] | New Place? Why, that belongs to Duncan MacBuff. | 新居? 邓肯·麦克德夫的房子 |
[18:19] | A fine house for a fine man. | 好房子配好人 |
[18:22] | Mm. Also dead. | 嗯 也是死人 |
[18:24] | Dead? | 死人? |
[18:26] | But I saw him but last week. | 但是我上周才看见他 |
[18:28] | He was fit and well and, being Scottish, also honest, | 作为苏格兰人 他身体健康 诚实友善 |
[18:31] | wise, good-humoured, | 聪明幽默 |
[18:34] | even-tempered | 性情平和 |
[18:36] | and possessed of a sparkling, dry wit. | 拥有英式的冷幽默 |
[18:40] | I think it’s the accent that I find most attractive. | 我最喜欢他的口音 |
[18:43] | If ever I were to seek | 如果我去咨询 |
[18:44] | counsel from an independent financial advisor… | 独立财务顾问… |
[18:50] | … I would want to hear it in a Scottish accent. | … 我会找个有苏格兰口音的 |
[18:55] | Poor MacBuff. | 可怜的麦克德夫 |
[18:56] | We’ll miss him. | 我们会怀念他的 |
[18:58] | It had nothing to do with me. I didn’t kill him. | 跟我没关系 不是我杀的 |
[19:02] | So, this MacBuff dies all of a sudden | 麦克德夫突然死亡 |
[19:06] | and the upstart crow is all a-tremble | 而这位新贵先生一听到死者的名字 |
[19:08] | at the mention of his name. | 就会发抖 |
[19:10] | What is more, the shrewish | 而且 这位泼辣的新贵夫人 |
[19:12] | Mrs Crow would take the dead man’s house. | 会得到死者的房子 |
[19:16] | ‘Tis strange. ‘Tis passing strange. | 有点可疑 太可疑了 |
[19:21] | I hope young Marlowe hurries himself. | 希望小马洛能快点来 |
[19:23] | We are to have rice pudding and curds, | 我们要吃大米布丁和豆腐 |
[19:26] | and it gets a skin if left to stand. | 放久了表面会结一层皮 |
[19:30] | Oh, monsieur! | 哦 先生! |
[19:41] | Which of you has done this? | 这是谁干的? |
[19:44] | Never shake thy milky chops at me! | 不要对着我摇晃你那惨白的骨头! |
[19:47] | What ails you, sirrah? | 你怎么了 小子? |
[19:50] | Stay back, vengeful spirit! | 别过来 你这复仇的幽灵! |
[19:53] | He sees some vision! | 他出现幻觉了! |
[19:55] | His eye is fixed with terror. | 看 他眼里充满了恐惧 |
[19:59] | Some say ’tis conscience | 听说 人会看见复仇的幻象 |
[20:02] | that maketh men see vengeful vision. | 是因为良心不安 |
[20:06] | No, no. ‘Tis just a little fit. | 不 不 这只是一次小小的发作 |
[20:09] | He has a very active imagination. | 他想象力特别丰富 |
[20:11] | It’s his thing. | 这就是他的特点 |
[20:13] | For Lordy’s sake! | 我的老天! |
[20:16] | It is just a painting of fear. | 真是一幅恐怖的画面 |
[20:19] | Like the air-drawn milk jug you saw in your wet dream. | 就像那令人冒冷汗的噩梦中倒下的奶壶 |
[20:22] | Look, Wife! Look! | 看 夫人 快看! |
[20:23] | God save us all! Sorry I’m late. Slight accident. | 愿上帝拯救我们 抱歉来迟 出了点意外 |
[20:28] | The chef says the curd pud will be another half an hour. | 厨师说 豆腐布丁还要半小时才好 |
[20:30] | You all right, Will? You look like you’ve seen a ghost. | 你还好吗? 威廉 你看起来像刚刚撞见了鬼 |
[20:33] | Boogedy-boogedy! | 嘣! 嘣! |
[20:35] | Me thinks I see a chance to rid myself of this unctuous oik. | 我好像找到摆脱这个虚伪的乡巴佬的机会了 |
[20:41] | Well, if pudding be delayed, then let us have our show. | 既然布丁要晚点才好 我们就先看节目吧 |
[20:45] | Bring on the player! | 请演员上来! |
[20:51] | Hi. Yeah, right. Hello. Hi. | 嗨 好的 你们好 |
[20:54] | Erm, we’re going to do something a bit different, yeah? | 呃 今天我们来点特别的 好吗? |
[20:56] | It’s called a lazzi. | 这个节目叫做插科打诨 |
[20:57] | It’s commedia dell’arte. | 是一种即兴喜剧 |
[20:59] | It’s cutting-edge comedy from Italy, where I have performed… | 来自意大利最前沿 我曾在那表演… |
[21:03] | … and won several awards. | … 并多次获奖 |
[21:05] | Just saying, so… | 我就是说说而已… |
[21:07] | Right, Punchinello, servant to Pantalone. | 我是矮胖子 是傻老头的仆人 |
[21:10] | See, my master comes. | 请看 我的先生来了 |
[21:15] | Well, now, Servant, I wonder if we shall have any visitors today. | 仆人 我想知道今天会不会有客人来 |
[21:21] | Oh! | 哦! |
[21:23] | Go and see who that is. | 去看看谁来了 |
[21:25] | Ah. | 啊 |
[21:27] | Anybody there? | 有人吗? |
[21:29] | Not a fly, sir. Not a fly. | 连苍蝇都没有 先生 连苍蝇都没有 |
[21:32] | Loving it? Yeah? | 大家喜欢吗? 是吗? |
[21:34] | It’s Italian, see? Proper comedy. | 看到了吗? 这就是意式喜剧 正宗喜剧 |
[21:38] | Ah! Go and see who that is. | 啊! 去看看是谁 |
[21:40] | Second. | 第二次 |
[21:42] | Anyone there? | 有人吗? |
[21:44] | Again, sir, not a fly. Not a fly. | 一样 先生 连苍蝇都没有 连苍蝇都没有 |
[21:47] | Yeah? Yeah? Keeping up so far? Yeah? | 怎么样? 大家看懂了吗? 怎么样? |
[21:49] | Not too challenging or ground-breaking, is it? | 没什么挑战性和突破性 不是吗? |
[21:52] | So, yeah, right. | 嗯 那好吧 |
[21:53] | Ah, this time I shall go myself | 啊 这一次我亲自 |
[21:58] | Right, right, this is the funny bit. Yeah? | 来了 来了 搞笑的地方来了 怎么样? |
[22:01] | This is where it gets really good, right? | 这里是最棒的地方 不是吗? |
[22:03] | And if you don’t love it, well… | 如果你们还是不喜欢的话… |
[22:05] | … your problem, so… | … 就是你们的问题了… |
[22:15] | Ohh… | 哦… |
[22:17] | I have been robbed and beaten. | 有人抢劫我 还殴打我 |
[22:20] | There are hooligans there, you fool! | 外面有群流氓 你个笨蛋! |
[22:22] | Yeah, but there wasn’t a fly, was there? | 是的 我说了 没有苍蝇 不是吗? |
[22:25] | Brilliant, yeah? Oh, God… | 棒极了 怎么样? 哦 天… |
[22:28] | Just a bit there. | 只有一点点掌声 |
[22:30] | We’re dying on our arsingtons. | 我们要冷场了 |
[22:34] | Condell, quickly! | 康德尔 快来! |
[22:36] | What’s this here? | 这是什么? |
[22:38] | Oops! Me old pig’s bladder! | 哦 这是一头老猪的膀胱! |
[22:40] | Oh! I’ve dropped it on the floor! | 噢 我把它掉到地上了! |
[22:42] | I’d better stoop to pick it up. | 我最好弯腰把它捡起来 |
[22:44] | Ooh! – Oh, Master, | 哦! – 哦 先生 |
[22:46] | now thy arse be as red as thy face! | 现在你的脸和你的屁股一样红了! |
[22:55] | This is wrong. This is so wrong. | 这样是不对的 太不对了 |
[23:09] | And so Anne’s conscience doth betray her, as mine did me. | 和我一样 安妮的良心也背叛了主人 |
[23:15] | You do wander in your sleep, Anne, | 安妮 你在梦游 |
[23:18] | ever trying to wash away our crime… | 还试图洗去我们的罪恶… |
[23:22] | … but all the perfumes | … 然而不管用什么阿拉伯香水 |
[23:23] | of Arabia will not sweeten that little hand. | 都不能掩盖你那双小手沾染的血腥 |
[23:26] | Oh, don’t be so soft. I went out for a wee. | 哦 别这么脆弱 我就是去上了个厕所 |
[23:29] | Don’t you wash your hands after visiting the privy? | 难道你上完厕所之后不洗手吗? |
[23:31] | I can’t go on like this! | 我不能再这样下去了! |
[23:37] | Bottom! Bottom, get up! | 宝特姆 宝特姆 起来! |
[23:40] | My mind is much troubled. | 我的脑子很混乱 |
[23:42] | I would seek advice and counsel from the weird sisters. | 我想请教和咨询一下命运三姐妹 |
[23:45] | You want me to leave this nice warm cow | 难道你要让我离开这只温暖的牛 |
[23:48] | to come wi’ you looking for witches on a blasted heath? | 和你一起去杂草枯萎的荒野找那些巫婆吗? |
[23:52] | No, don’t be silly, of course not. – Oh, good. | 不 别傻了 当然不是 – 哦 那就好 |
[23:54] | I’m not going. | 我才不会去 |
[24:00] | Double, double toil and trouble | 不惮辛劳不惮烦 |
[24:03] | Fire burn and cauldron bubble! | 釜中沸沫已成澜! |
[24:07] | Uh… | 额… |
[24:09] | Hello. | 你好 |
[24:10] | Uh… | 额… |
[24:11] | Ladies. | 女士们 |
[24:13] | Sorry to bother you while you’re… cooking. | 很抱歉打扰你们… 烹调 |
[24:16] | But my master’s all of a doo-dah. | 但是我家先生整个人都疯了 |
[24:19] | He thinks Robert Greene suspects him of murdering MacBuff. | 他觉得罗伯特·格林怀疑他杀了麦克德夫 |
[24:25] | Tell Will Shakespeare to fear not. | 让威廉·莎士比亚不用害怕 |
[24:28] | No man born of woman shall accuse him of this crime. | 所有由女人所生的人都不能以这个罪名控告他 |
[24:35] | Oh! | 哦! |
[24:37] | Well, that sounds all right. | 那听起来还不错 |
[24:39] | What’s in t’pot? | 锅里面是什么? |
[24:41] | Eye of newt and toe of frog… | 蝾螈之眼 青蛙之趾… |
[24:44] | Wool of bat… | 蝙蝠之毛… |
[24:46] | And tongue of dog. | 凶犬之齿 |
[24:48] | Can I have a bit? | 我可以尝一口吗? |
[24:51] | So, they said that no man born of woman | 她们说所有由女人所生的人 |
[24:53] | could e’er accuse you. | 都不能以这个罪名控告你 |
[24:55] | But this is brilliant news! | 这真是一个天大的新闻! |
[24:56] | Greene, like all men, was born of woman. | 和所有人一样 格林 也是女人生的 |
[24:59] | – We’re off the hook. – Absolutely. | – 我们解脱了 – 没错 |
[25:01] | We have it on the authority of three homeless derelicts | 我们有三个名副其实的 还有明显精神问题的 |
[25:04] | with clear mental-health issues. | 三个无家可归的流浪女人 |
[25:07] | And, quite frankly, the way I’m feeling, | 但是 坦白说 我感觉 |
[25:09] | that’s good enough for me. | 这对我来说已经够好了 |
[25:11] | As long as Greene was born of a woman, I’m in the clear! | 只要格林是女人生的 我就清白了! |
[25:15] | In that case, sirrah, you will hang, | 在那个案件里 小子 你会被绞死 |
[25:18] | for untimely was I ripped from my mother’s womb, | 生不逢时 我是从我的妈妈的子宫剖开拿出的 |
[25:22] | born by the Caesar method! | 凯撒大帝的点子生了我! |
[25:25] | No, the prophecy! | 不 是预言! |
[25:27] | Hang on! What difference does that make? | 打住! 这有什么区别? |
[25:30] | You were still born from a woman. | 那你还是女人生的 |
[25:32] | I mean, tummy or front bottom, it’s still a birth, isn’t it? | 无论是从肚子还是阴道 都是生 不是吗? |
[25:35] | Shakespeare, you murdered MacBuff, | 莎士比亚 你杀了麦克德夫 |
[25:38] | and I will see you hang! | 我会看着你被绞死! |
[25:42] | See! See! He returns! | 快看! 快看! 他回来了! |
[25:46] | The vision is come again! | 幻象再次重现! |
[25:49] | I see him too! | 我也看见他了! |
[25:54] | I’ll trouble you for a jug of milk, Mrs Shakespeare. | 麻烦您给我一壶牛奶 莎士比亚夫人 |
[25:57] | Mr MacBuff, you’re… you’re alive. | 麦克德夫先生 你… 你还活着 |
[26:00] | Of course I’m alive! | 我当然活着! |
[26:02] | I’m Scottish! | 我可是苏格兰人! |
[26:05] | We’re more than alive! | 我们不只是活着! |
[26:07] | We are vibrant, creative, uniquely generous, | 我们有活力 有创造力 聪明 |
[26:10] | strong, fair-minded, even-handed, good-humoured. | 强壮 明辨是非 不偏不倚 还很有幽默感 |
[26:13] | Look, I… I saw you | 听我说… 我昨天早上看到你 |
[26:15] | out cold in your parlour yesterday morning. | 冰冷的躺在你家客厅 |
[26:17] | I… I thought you were dead. | 我… 我还以为你死了 |
[26:19] | I was just having my morning nap after church. | 我只是去教堂礼拜完打了个盹 |
[26:21] | A big jug of milk always makes me sleepy, | 一大罐牛奶总会让我困意满满 |
[26:23] | and I got it all slopped over me. | 我喝完全部就睡倒了 |
[26:25] | But the milk… | 但是牛奶… |
[26:26] | I… I poured it from the… | 是… 是我从这里倒的… |
[26:28] | The milk bucket! | 牛奶桶! |
[26:30] | That be Mrs Moomoo’s milk bucket, Husband! | 老公! 那是哞哞小姐的牛奶桶! |
[26:33] | And if you’re looking for the paint to do the plaster, | 如果你是在找刷墙的颜料 |
[26:37] | it’s over here beside the wash tub. | 就放在这里 洗衣盆旁边 |
[26:40] | Such milk, Mrs Shakespeare… | 莎士比亚夫人 这牛奶 |
[26:42] | full, creamy… | 香浓 丝滑… |
[26:43] | I… I came to thank you, | 我… 我是来感谢你的 |
[26:45] | and as a neighbourly token, | 作为邻里间礼尚往来 |
[26:47] | here is a gift of sweetmeats for the children. | 甜点是给孩子们的礼物 |
[26:50] | – Oh, lovely. – Yeah. | – 哦 真棒 – 是的 |
[26:52] | Taken have I a solid base of nougatine, | 我用巧克力牛轧糖做的底料 |
[26:55] | spread upon it burned caramel | 洒上烘烤好的焦糖 |
[26:58] | and enfolded all in a sweetened cocoa paste… | 包裹到香甜可口的可可面团里… |
[27:03] | Oh, that sounds utterly delicious. | 哦 听起来很美味 |
[27:05] | … then dipped in batter and deep-fried it. | … 再蘸点面糊 然后油炸 |
[27:09] | You see, now you’ve gone too far. | 你貌似扯得太远了 |
[27:11] | I bid you goodnight. | 祝你们晚安 |
[27:13] | No need to kill him for his house. | 根本不需要到他家杀他 |
[27:15] | Simply sit back and wait for him to die of a heart attack. | 只要别管闲事 等着他心脏病发死掉 |
[27:19] | Owners of New Place hereafter! | 然后搬来一个新主人! |
[27:24] | I can’t stand her any longer! | 我受不了她了! |
[27:27] | She’s driven me mad! Mad, I tell you! | 她让我抓狂! 告诉你们 我要疯了! |
[27:30] | Susanna, where is Kate? | 苏珊娜 凯特去哪里了? |
[27:32] | Your hands be blood red! | 你的手都是血红的! |
[27:35] | You’ve murdered Kate! | 你杀了凯特! |
[27:37] | Kate! Kate! | 凯特! 凯特! |
[27:39] | Yes, Mr Shakespeare? | 怎么了 莎士比亚先生? |
[27:40] | If you don’t get her away from me, I will murder her! | 如果你不让她离我远点 我会杀了她! |
[27:44] | We’re just having a girlie slumber party | 我们只是用草莓布丁和覆盆子柠檬汁 |
[27:46] | with strawberry pudding and raspberry lemonade, Mr Shakespeare, | 在进行女生睡衣派对 莎士比亚先生 |
[27:48] | but I think Susanna might have had enough now. | 但是我觉得苏珊娜可能已经玩够了 |
[27:55] | You know, it seems to me, Husband, | 老公 你知道吗 在我看来 |
[27:57] | all these doings would make a really good play. | 所有这些事情都可以写成一部超棒的戏剧 |
[28:02] | Yes, you’re right. Of course. | 没错 你说的对 是的 |
[28:04] | A light and breezy comedy | 一部由牛奶引发的 关于一个可笑的误会的 |
[28:07] | about a laughable misunderstanding over some milk. | 轻松活泼的喜剧 |
[28:12] | Well, actually, I was thinking more of the weird sisters, | 事实上 我更喜欢那些命运三姐妹 |
[28:15] | the ghost at the feast, | 宴会上的幽魂 |
[28:17] | the conscience-struck wife, | 良心受到谴责的老婆 |
[28:18] | endlessly washing her hands in the night. | 在夜晚无数次清洗她的双手 |
[28:21] | You know, a proper blood-and-guts thriller. | 你懂吗 一个独特的凶杀惊悚小说 |
[28:23] | No, no. I think comedy’s the way to go. | 不 不 不 我觉得还是喜剧比较合适 |
[28:26] | Two Milky Jugs by William Shakespeare. | 由威廉莎士比亚创作的两个牛奶罐 |