时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:17] | Our new theatre be scarcely built, | 我们的新剧场刚刚建成 |
[00:20] | yet already the God-prodding purititties on the City Council | 然而那些神授的清教徒们已经在市政会议上 |
[00:24] | petition Her Majesty for its closure. | 向女王请求 要求关闭它了 |
[00:26] | They say it’ll be nothing but a den of debauchery. Ha! | 他们说那不过是声色犬马的魔窟罢了 呵呵 |
[00:30] | I have seen more debauchery at the Eokoto e-kule. | 我在饮奶庆典上见过更放荡的场面 |
[00:33] | The Eokoto e-kule, Lucy? | 饮奶庆典 露西 |
[00:36] | Mm-hmm. The Maasai milk-drinking ceremony | 嗯 马赛人的饮奶庆典 |
[00:38] | in which a strong and | 在那个庆典上 强壮 |
[00:40] | virile young warrior is allowed to drink milk | 阳刚的年轻战士终于在割礼之后 |
[00:42] | by himself for the first time since his circumcision. | 第一次被允许喝牛奶 |
[00:45] | Oh! It is a very boring ceremony. | 哦 那庆典相当无聊 |
[00:49] | But not as boring as Henry VI Part 3. | 但是没有《亨利六世》下篇无聊 |
[00:53] | You jest, of course. | 你一定在开玩笑 |
[00:55] | Hard to see how a five-act, 47-character play | 很难理解为何一部长达五幕 有四十七个角色 |
[00:58] | written entirely in blank verse | 完全用无韵诗描写的亨利六世的三分之一 |
[00:59] | about a third of the life of a lesser-known Henry | 人生当中鲜为人知的故事 |
[01:02] | could be described as boring. | 会被人认为无聊 |
[01:04] | Still, I do agree it is | 然而 我完全同意 |
[01:05] | a puzzle how the City Council justify their | 那确实奇怪 市议会怎么会认定 |
[01:07] | charge that putting on my | 我的剧要公演 |
[01:08] | plays will result in the use of prostitutes. | 就会用上妓女做演员呢 |
[01:10] | Sometimes it’s just the | 有时那只是 |
[01:11] | only way to stay awake during the last act. | 唯一能让观众看到最后还保持清醒的方法 |
[01:13] | Point is, that is their charge. | 问题是他们的指控 |
[01:15] | And once more, we are in desperate | 这下我们又得想方设法找一位 |
[01:17] | need of a titled patron. | 身世显赫的资助人了 |
[01:18] | Eh-eh! I thought you were the Lord Chamberlain’s man. | 呃 我以为你在宫廷大臣剧团呢 |
[01:22] | Sadly no longer, Lucy. | 不幸的是已经不是了 露西 |
[01:23] | He is fearful of the purititties and has withdrawn his favour. | 他因为害怕那些清教徒势力已经撤回了赞助 |
[01:26] | What about that young Henry Southampton? | 那小亨利·南安普敦呢 |
[01:28] | I mean, he hates the | 我是说他憎恨清教徒们 |
[01:29] | purititties and would love to snook their cocks. | 很可能愿意去灭一灭他们的气焰 |
[01:32] | You know him, Will. | 你知道他的 威廉 |
[01:33] | That posh boy you used to fancy. | 你以前倾慕的那个贵族男孩 |
[01:34] | I did not fancy him! I merely happened to mention in passing | 我没有倾慕他 我只是碰巧随口说过 |
[01:37] | that he was lovelier than a summer’s day | 他比夏日更美好 |
[01:39] | and that his eternal beauty would live | 他永恒的美貌将永不凋零 |
[01:41] | as long as men still breathed and had eyes to see. | 只要人们依旧需要呼吸 仍能看见 |
[01:43] | Entirely ambiguous lines, | 非常暧昧的语句 |
[01:45] | I think you will agree, and not remotely | 我觉得你也这么想 而且还不是隐隐的 |
[01:47] | suggestive of a deeply personal and agonising private passion. | 对于一种极为私密又备受煎熬的热爱的暗示 |
[01:52] | I really had hoped that this whole silly idea | 我真希望时至今日 那个从一定程度上 |
[01:54] | that I be part hugger-tugger might | 我是个风流倜傥的热辣帅哥的 |
[01:56] | have done its dash by now. | 愚蠢想法能彻底幻灭 |
[01:57] | I kind of think that one’s going to hang around, mate. | 我有点觉得他在鬼混 消磨时日 兄弟 |
[02:00] | Look, I see young Southey on the Dilli from time to time. | 看 我时不时会在酒馆看到小亨利 |
[02:02] | I could ask him if you like. | 如果你希望的话 我可以问问他 |
[02:03] | It won’t do any good. He hates the theatre. | 那没什么用 他讨厌剧场 |
[02:05] | Can’t stand histories. | 更无法忍受历史剧 |
[02:06] | What about one of your romantic comedies? | 你的浪漫喜剧如何呢 |
[02:08] | Hates them more. | 他更讨厌那些 |
[02:09] | He’s an incorrigible romantic | 他是个无可救药的浪漫至上的人 |
[02:11] | and resents the way the | 他憎恨剧场 |
[02:12] | theatre only ever uses love as a source of fun. | 只将爱当作制造笑料的工具 |
[02:15] | Well, why not write a romantic tragedy? | 好吧 那你为什么不写一部浪漫悲剧 |
[02:17] | Might lure him in. | 这也许能吸引他加入 |
[02:18] | Romantic tragedy? Never been done. | 浪漫悲剧 从未见过 |
[02:22] | That’s right, Burbage. | 是的 伯比奇 |
[02:23] | But doing what’s never been done is exactly what I do. | 但是做前人没做过的事情才正是我的目标 |
[02:26] | For instance, this morning I | 比如说 我今天早晨 |
[02:28] | came up with three entirely original words — | 就创造了三个全新的词 |
[02:31] | multitudinous, newfangled and scuffle. | 众多的 新奇的 和一瘸一拐 |
[02:35] | I don’t know what the world’d do without you, mate. | 我真不知道这世界没了你可怎么办 兄弟 |
[02:40] | And so you see, Kate, | 正如你所知 凯特 |
[02:41] | ’tis finally time to present my teen romance. | 终于到了展现我的青少年爱情剧的时候了 |
[02:44] | It’s so exciting. | 太激动人心了 |
[02:46] | English theatre’s first proper romantic tragedy, | 英国戏剧届第一部真正的浪漫悲剧 |
[02:49] | and it’s all complete? | 它全部完成了吗 |
[02:51] | Pretty much, | 差不多了 |
[02:52] | although I’m still not entirely happy with the balcony scene. | 虽然我还不是很满意阳台的那场戏 |
[02:55] | Something tells me it’s going to be a biggie. | 我有种直觉它会大获成功的 |
[02:57] | What do you think? | 你觉得怎么样 |
[02:58] | “Goodnight, goodnight. | “晚安 晚安 |
[03:00] | “Parting is just so boring. | 离别太烦人了 |
[03:05] | “That I could say goodnight till it be morning.” | 我能一直说着晚安直到天亮” |
[03:09] | I… I like the intention. | 我 我喜欢这个想法 |
[03:11] | She’s sad because her love must leave, | 她因她的爱人必须离开而难过 |
[03:13] | but she’s only sad because she loves. | 但是这难过只因她爱他 |
[03:16] | It’s a sort of sweet sorrow. | 真是一种甜蜜的悲伤 |
[03:18] | You literally read my thoughts. | 你简直说出了我之所想 |
[03:21] | Such an honour. | 很荣幸 |
[03:23] | “Goodnight, goodnight. | “晚安 晚安 |
[03:24] | “Parting is such sweet sorrow. | 离别是种甜蜜的悲伤 |
[03:28] | “Mustn’t grumble, mustn’t wallow.” | 不要抱怨 不要沉湎” |
[03:31] | Nailed it. | 搞定 |
[03:33] | I’m not really sure about the second bit. | 我对第二部分不太确定 |
[03:35] | You’re right, of course. It’s missing two iambic beats. | 你说得对 当然 它少了两拍抑扬格 |
[03:39] | How about “Mustn’t flipping wallow”? | “不要该死的沉湎”怎么样 |
[03:42] | It’s not really the scansion. | 不是韵律的问题 |
[03:43] | I just preferred your idea | 我更倾向于 |
[03:45] | about looking forward to the glad morning. | 期盼着愉快的早晨到来 这样的情绪 |
[03:48] | Uplifting, hopeful, like a young girl’s love. | 振奋的 满怀希望的 就像少女的爱一样 |
[03:51] | Yes, but morning doesn’t rhyme with sorrow. | 是的 但是早晨和悲伤不押韵 |
[03:53] | Morrow does. | 和明日押韵啊 |
[03:54] | As I was about to say, Bottom. | 这正是我要说的 宝特姆 |
[03:56] | Don’t think you were! | 我觉得你没想到 |
[03:58] | I most definitely was. | 我就是这么想的 |
[04:00] | “Goodnight, goodnight. | “晚安 晚安 |
[04:01] | “Parting is such sweet sorrow. | 离别是甜美的悲伤 |
[04:04] | “That I could say goodnight till it be morrow.” | 我可以一直说着晚安直到明日 |
[04:07] | Brilliant. | 太棒了 |
[04:08] | The last word’s the best bit. | 最后一个词是最棒的部分 |
[04:10] | I’m loving this conflicted-emotion, | 我爱这种矛盾的感情 |
[04:13] | sweet-sorrow stuff I came up with. | 我想出的这种甜蜜的悲伤 |
[04:15] | I think I should use it for | 我觉得我应该把它用在 |
[04:17] | Juliet’s actual dismissal of Romeo from the balcony. | 朱丽叶真的要让罗密欧离开阳台的部分 |
[04:20] | She needs to tell him to | 她需要告诉他 |
[04:21] | leave but also that she wishes he could stay. | 让他离开 但是同时她又希望他可以留下 |
[04:23] | Oh, she would make him her captive. | 哦 他会深深陷入她的魅力之中 |
[04:26] | But bound only by bonds of love. | 但是那些束缚都是来自爱的纽带 |
[04:28] | Well, when I were a boy, | 好吧 当我还小的时候 |
[04:29] | and my life were very harsh and brutal… | 我的生活残酷又恶劣 |
[04:31] | Please, Bottom, I’m working. | 拜托 宝特姆 我在工作 |
[04:33] | .. sometimes in me pain and loneliness, | 有时 当我痛苦孤独的时候 |
[04:36] | I’d trap a lark or a sparrow | 我会抓一只云雀或是麻雀 |
[04:37] | and hold it fast with a thread of silk. | 然后马上用一条丝带绑住它 |
[04:40] | Bottom, I’m trying to concentrate. | 宝特姆 我在努力全神贯注 |
[04:42] | It were, like, so beautiful and delicate and sweet of song | 它美丽而脆弱 叫声甜美又动听 |
[04:45] | and I knew I should release it | 我知道我该放了它 |
[04:47] | but the only freedom I could bear to grant it | 但是我能容忍给它的最大自由 |
[04:49] | were the length of the thread. | 就是那条丝带的长度 |
[04:52] | Actually, that is quite an effective and appropriate image. | 事实上 那真是一个很真实又恰当的比喻了 |
[04:55] | Well, yes, I suppose it might work at a pinch. | 好吧 是的 我想必要的话它也许有用 |
[04:59] | I’ll just bung it in for | 我会暂时把它插在这里 |
[05:00] | now until I can think of anything better. | 直到我想到更好的表达 |
[05:04] | What do you think? | 你觉得呢 |
[05:07] | “‘Tis almost morning, I would have thee gone. | “天快要亮了 我要让你离开 |
[05:10] | “And yet no farther than a wanton’s bird | “像淘气的孩子一样 |
[05:12] | “That lets it hop a little from his hand, | “让心爱的鸟儿暂时逃出掌心 |
[05:15] | “Like a poor prisoner in his twisted gyves | “可怜的囚徒被镣铐牵绊 |
[05:18] | “And with a silk thread plucks it back again, | “被人用一根丝线拉扯回来 |
[05:21] | “So loving jealous of his liberty.” | “因爱而生的嫉妒使她不愿给它自由” |
[05:24] | Loving jealous, like sweet sorrow! | 因爱而生的嫉妒 就是甜蜜的悲伤 |
[05:27] | Another heartbreaking confliction. It’s beautiful. | 又一个令人心碎的矛盾 好美 |
[05:30] | That’s my line, that is. | 那可是我的词 |
[05:32] | Bottom, it is not your line. | 宝特姆 那不是你的词 |
[05:34] | I admit that your shameful history of cruelty to animals | 我承认你虐待动物的可耻历史 |
[05:38] | may have given me a vague hint, but it is definitely my line. | 可能给了我些暗示 但这绝不是你的词 |
[05:45] | – Home am I! – Hello, Dad! | – 我回家了 – 您好 爸爸 |
[05:47] | Last trip before Romeo and Juliet rehearsals begin. | 罗密欧与朱丽叶排练开始前的最后一次出差了 |
[05:51] | Is my play really finished, then? | 那我的戏终于完成了吗 |
[05:52] | Pretty much, my darling. | 差不多了 亲爱的 |
[05:53] | I’ve just been reworking the balcony scene with Kate. | 我跟凯特又仔细斟酌了阳台那场戏 |
[05:56] | Tell me what do you think. | 跟我说说你的想法 |
[05:57] | I can’t believe you wrote this for me. | 不敢相信你为我写了这个 |
[05:59] | I know I used to think it was all crappage | 我知道我过去老觉得它很垃圾 |
[06:02] | but if you really read it | 但如果你真的读了 |
[06:03] | and give it a chance and come back to it quite a few times | 读进去 反复回想几遍 |
[06:07] | and slowly familiarise | 慢慢让自己熟悉了 |
[06:09] | yourself with the language and the imagery, | 其中的语言和意象 |
[06:13] | weirdly, you can start to sort of enjoy it. | 很奇怪的 你会开始有点喜欢它 |
[06:18] | Yes, I rather think that’s | 没错 我倒觉得 |
[06:19] | the way it’s going to be with my stuff. | 我的戏就应该这样 |
[06:23] | I still think it’s all crappage. | 我仍觉得全是垃圾 |
[06:26] | But you don’t mind spending the money he makes. | 你花他挣的钱倒是毫不介意 |
[06:28] | Course not. | 当然不会 |
[06:29] | If people want to sit for hours | 要那些人都去看戏 坐上几个小时不动 |
[06:31] | busting for a wee and wishing they were dead | 憋尿憋出内伤生不如死 |
[06:35] | so’s I can have plenty of ale and pie, good luck to ’em. | 能让我吃好喝好的话 那就祝他们好运了 |
[06:39] | Anyway, did you have a good journey, love? | 路上还顺利吗 亲爱的 |
[06:42] | Astonishingly, no. | 令人吃惊地 不顺 |
[06:45] | Didn’t get to sit down till Leamington Spa. | 一直到利明顿温泉市才坐下 |
[06:50] | You’ve got to get there early if you want a good seat. | 要想有好座 你得早点到 |
[06:53] | I know that, Dad, and I did… three hours early, | 我知道 也照做了 早三个小时 |
[06:56] | and I got a lovely seat, at the back, by a window, | 也有个舒服的座位 后排 靠窗 |
[07:00] | and mark this, there sat none beside me. | 重要的是 那里就我一人 |
[07:03] | I put my cloak and pork pasty upon the adjoining place, | 我把披风和猪肉馅饼放在邻座 |
[07:06] | avoided all eye contact as others boarded, | 避免跟上车的人有任何眼神接触 |
[07:10] | and my ruse worked. | 我的计策凑效了 |
[07:11] | Despite the coach being passing full, | 就算到时候马车严重超载 |
[07:14] | I myself had room to spare. | 我还是有备用的地方 |
[07:16] | A double seat! | 双人座 |
[07:17] | Aye, ma’am, a double seat | 对 妈妈 就是 |
[07:19] | is indeed such stuff as dreams are made on. | 梦幻般的双人座 |
[07:22] | But soon did it become a very nightmare | 但当发车时间我们却没出发时 |
[07:25] | as the hour of our departure comes and yet we do not move. | 它很快就变成了可怕的噩梦 |
[07:29] | We sit and we sit. | 我们就是坐等 |
[07:31] | Now come travellers who would have missed this coach | 现在等来了本该在发车时错过 |
[07:34] | had it left upon its hour. | 这辆车的乘客 |
[07:35] | “Coachman, bar the door” I shouted. | “车夫 关门” 我叫道 |
[07:37] | “These travellers have missed this coach. | “这些乘客已经错过了这趟车了 |
[07:40] | The fact that it is still here is a technicality.” | 这车还在这实际只是技术问题” |
[07:44] | Quite right. You have to make a fuss in this world. | 没错 这世道你就得小题大做 |
[07:46] | But I fussed in vain, Mum. | 但徒劳啊 妈妈 |
[07:48] | The shabby grotling just | 那个寒碜的乡巴佬只是 |
[07:49] | grinned at me through toothless, rotting gums | 在一个又一个的迟到旅客挤向我们时 |
[07:52] | as first one, then another tardy traveller crowded in upon us. | 通过无牙 腐烂的牙床朝我笑笑 |
[07:56] | My coat and pasty were soon challenged, of course. | 当然 我的大衣和肉馅饼很快就被挑战了 |
[07:59] | “Is anybody sitting there?” | “那有人坐吗” |
[08:01] | Why do people ask that? | 怎么会有人问那个 |
[08:03] | Yes, actually, there is, but he’s invisible! | 当然有 但是他是隐形的 |
[08:06] | Of course nobody’s sitting there, | 当然没人坐那了 |
[08:08] | that’s the whole futtocking point. | 那才是最他妈关键的 |
[08:11] | And so you had to shift your pasty. | 所以你得把肉馅饼挪开 |
[08:14] | Yes, while a girthsome yeoman | 是的 与此同时 一个好像早上 |
[08:16] | who appeared to have eaten a turd omelette for breakfast | 吃了粪蛋卷的膀大腰圆的 |
[08:20] | thrust himself against | 耕农朝我硬挤过来 |
[08:22] | me and began to scratch inside his codpiece. | 然后就开始挠他的裤裆 |
[08:25] | And still the coach doth not depart. | 而且那车夫还不出发 |
[08:28] | Now we are jammed together like two boobies in a bodice. | 现在我们就像挤在一条紧身裙里的乳房 |
[08:31] | The stinksome bumshank of an unwashed peasant be in my face, | 一股暮年肮脏老农的恶臭扑面而来 |
[08:36] | my pasty knocked to the floor, | 肉馅饼也被撞到地上 |
[08:38] | which the dangle-scratcher picks up for me, | 然后被那挠蛋哥用他那 |
[08:41] | using his dangle-scratching hand. | 挠蛋的手捡了起来 |
[08:44] | So now I cannot eat it but must still thank Itchy-Dangle | 所以我馅饼没法吃了 还得咬着牙 |
[08:48] | for his kindness through clenched teeth. | 感谢这位蛋痒的大哥 |
[08:50] | And I don’t suppose any explanation was given. | 我想应该没有给什么解释吧 |
[08:53] | Why would there be, when imposing arbitrary | 当向旅行大众强加专横不便 |
[08:55] | inconvenience on the travelling public is the sworn duty | 成为致力于英格兰基础交通的人 |
[08:58] | of all who would minister Albion’s transport infrastructure? | 的首要职责时 还要什么解释 |
[09:02] | But it moved in the end, son. I mean, you’re here, aren’t you? | 但最终还是出发了 儿子 反正你到家了嘛 |
[09:05] | No, Dad. It did not move. | 没有 爸爸 它没有出发 |
[09:08] | For finally, there comes | 因为最终 一个声音 |
[09:10] | a voice … “This coach has developed a fault | 响起 “这辆马车出错了 |
[09:13] | And we must needs abandon it. | 我们必须下车 |
[09:14] | Another awaits behind.” | 后面另一辆等着呢” |
[09:17] | So now you see the Satanic conclusion to my tale. | 你看这故事的见鬼结局 |
[09:20] | Suddenly, having been first on… | 突然地 第一个上车的 |
[09:22] | Oh, my God, you’re last off. | 天哪 你是最后下车的 |
[09:24] | Yes! A perfect storm of transport horror. | 对 一场恐怖交通的完美风暴 |
[09:27] | I waited three hours to get | 我等了三个小时就为个好座位 |
[09:28] | a good seat and now the mooching hooligans | 现在本该错过的闲散流氓 |
[09:31] | who should have missed it are first in the new queue. | 重新排队后却成了第一个 |
[09:34] | – You should have said something. – I did say something! | – 你该发表下意见 – 我是发表了意见 |
[09:36] | “Coachman, ho”, I shouted. | “车夫 吼” 我叫道 |
[09:38] | “Those who boarded last must do so again. | “那些最后上来的还得再这么做 |
[09:41] | Lock the new coach until I, who was first, can enter.” | 等我这个第一个上车的人进去后把门锁上” |
[09:44] | – And did he? – Yes, yes, he did. | – 他做了吗 – 是的 是的 他做了 |
[09:46] | Except NO, HE DIDN’T! | 除了这事他什么都做了 |
[09:48] | He just laughed and all made merry at my expense | 他就在那笑然后所有人在嘲笑我 |
[09:51] | as I struggled on last and the door | 因为我最后一个挤上车 |
[09:53] | was forced closed behind | 车门在我身后关上 |
[09:54] | me with my arsing cheeks caught in the gap. | 还夹住了我的屁股 |
[09:58] | God, I hate this sceptred bloody isle! | 天哪 我恨这该死的帝王制小岛 |
[10:05] | Sue! What’s wrong? Don’t cry. | 苏 怎么了 别哭啊 |
[10:08] | Honestly, it wasn’t that bad a journey. | 说实话 旅途并没那么糟 |
[10:11] | No, Dad, it isn’t that. It’s my play. | 不是那个 爸爸 是我的戏 |
[10:13] | It’s so beautiful and so sad. | 它是如此的美 如此的悲伤 |
[10:16] | It’s like Jules says, it’s sweet sorrow. | 就像朱丽叶说的 甜蜜的忧伤 |
[10:20] | Sue, I think that might be | 苏 我觉得那可能是 |
[10:21] | the nicest thing anyone’s ever said about my plays. | 人们对我戏剧的评价里 最动听的一句 |
[10:24] | Well, I don’t imagine there’s a lot of competition. | 我想应该没多少人评价你的戏吧 |
[10:32] | Do you know, I think this Romeo and Juliet | 你知道吗 我觉得这部罗密欧与朱丽叶 |
[10:35] | could be as big as Richard III was. | 能像理《理查三世》一样轰动 |
[10:37] | Bigger, even. | 甚至更轰动 |
[10:38] | Finally, another proper hit, | 终于 又写出一部像样的热剧 |
[10:41] | and I owe it to two wonderful women. | 我要感谢两个极好的女人 |
[10:43] | – Susanna… – Aye, Sweet Sue, and also… | – 苏珊娜 – 对 可爱的苏 还有 |
[10:46] | – Me. – .. Kate. | – 我 – 凯特 |
[10:48] | Kate? | 凯特 |
[10:49] | I thought you were going to say me. Because of the sweet sorrow | 我还以为你会说我 因为我俩恋爱 |
[10:52] | and loving jealousy of our own courting days. | 日子里的甜蜜忧伤和爱之妒忌 |
[10:55] | Well… yes, obviously, absolutely. That’s a given. | 是的 很显然 显而易见 |
[10:58] | Although our courting days | 不过我们恋爱的日子确切地说 |
[11:01] | weren’t exactly days, were they? | 不能算天数 对吧 |
[11:02] | I mean, more like hours, really. | 我是说 真的更应以小时 |
[11:05] | Minutes, to be fair. | 分钟来算 公平地讲 |
[11:06] | I came round to buy a chicken, knocked you up in the barn | 我上门要买只鸡 在谷仓里把你肚子搞大了 |
[11:09] | and the next thing we knew, we were walking up the aisle | 紧接着 我们就在教堂结婚 |
[11:12] | with your dad’s pitchfork prodding me in the arsington. | 那天你爸的干草叉一直顶在我屁股上 |
[11:16] | Well, we found love, didn’t we? | 我们是相爱的 不是吗 |
[11:18] | Oh, of course we did, | 啊 是啊 |
[11:19] | and of course you are the inspiration for my Juliet… | 朱丽叶的灵感当然是来自你了 |
[11:22] | in a very abstract sense. | 从某种抽象的意义上可以这么说 |
[11:24] | I only mention young Kate | 我之所以说是小凯特 |
[11:26] | because her sensitive readings of the text have inspired me. | 单纯是因为她富有感情的阅读给了我一些灵感 |
[11:29] | Here, you’re not going all diddly-doo-dah on her, are you? | 你不会是喜欢上她了吧 |
[11:32] | Anne, please. ‘Tis simply that I appreciate | 安 才不是 我只是欣赏她 |
[11:35] | her faultless oral work. | 嘴上完美的技巧 |
[11:37] | She has a fine chest and I particularly admire her assonance. | 她的胸也很优美 我尤其欣赏她的臀部 |
[11:48] | Juliet! Me? | 朱丽叶 我 |
[11:50] | Oh, my godly Godlingtons! | 我的天呐 我的上帝 |
[11:53] | Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! | 谢谢 谢谢 谢谢 |
[11:56] | This be so unexpected! | 我真是没想到 |
[11:59] | And yet, by my troth, it be not unexpected at all. | 其实 我早就想到了 |
[12:03] | For first did I revive his | 首先 我通过类比苏珊娜的形象 |
[12:04] | interest in the play by invoking the image | 重新激发了他对这部戏剧的兴趣 |
[12:06] | of his sweet Susanna, then did I ensure that every word he writ | 然后 我确保他写的每一个词 |
[12:10] | I spoke until he could | 都由我朗读过 |
[12:11] | hear his Juliet in no other voice but mine. | 这样他脑海里的朱丽叶只能是我的声音 |
[12:13] | Well, let’s face it, Kate, | 其实吧 凯特 |
[12:15] | ’twas you that revived my interest in the play | 是你通过类比苏珊娜的形象 |
[12:17] | by invoking the image of my sweet Susanna, | 重新激发了我对这部戏剧的兴趣 |
[12:19] | and then every word I writ, | 我写的每一个词 |
[12:20] | you have spoke till I could | 都由你朗读过 |
[12:22] | hear my Juliet in no other voice but thine. | 我脑海里的朱丽叶只能是你的声音了 |
[12:24] | God, I’m good. | 我真是个天才 |
[12:25] | You better not futtercut my line about the captured bird. | 你可别忘了我写的被抓住的鸟那句台词 |
[12:28] | It is not your line, Bottom. | 那才不是你写的台词 |
[12:30] | You can tell yourself what you want, | 你尽管自欺欺人吧 |
[12:32] | master, but you know the truth! | 老爷 你最清楚事实 |
[12:34] | But the main thing is, | 但主要的是 |
[12:35] | how are we going to sneak me into Burbage’s company? | 要怎么才能掩护我进到伯比奇的剧院里 |
[12:38] | Girlie acting being illegal. | 女人演戏可是违法的 |
[12:40] | And we must also deal with Mr Condell, who, as you know, | 还得处理康德尔先生的问题 |
[12:43] | is as anxious to play Juliet as you are. | 你知道他和你一样希望扮演朱丽叶 |
[12:45] | He’s even had his nostrils waxed. | 他甚至不惜拔掉了鼻毛 |
[12:47] | But methought that last | 不过我记得 |
[12:49] | year when you first considered the casting | 去年你在一开始考虑选角的时候认为 |
[12:52] | of the role, you deemed Mr Condell too old to play the ingenue. | 康德尔先生扮演少女太老了吗 |
[12:55] | Ah, but that was before he became an investor in our new theatre. | 没错 但那时候他还不是剧院的投资人 |
[12:58] | As a stockholder, he has a casting veto, | 现在有了股份 他就有了选角否决权 |
[13:01] | or in this case, a casting ego. | 事实上 更像是满满的角色自信 |
[13:04] | He’ll insist on playing the female lead. | 坚持要扮演女主角 |
[13:06] | But he’ll be a dreadful Juliet. | 他演的朱丽叶肯定不好看 |
[13:08] | Exactly, and likewise, Mr Burbage as Romeo. | 没错 同样 伯比奇先生扮演罗密欧也不合适 |
[13:12] | For of course he will expect the title role | 但他肯定要求扮演剧名里的角色 |
[13:15] | and, much though I do admire him, | 虽然我十分尊敬他 |
[13:17] | he be very old and fully 27 stone. | 但是 他太老了 而且足足有三百多斤 |
[13:21] | So you’re saying that while | 所以你的意思是 |
[13:23] | Mr Condell and Mr Burbage be wrong | 虽然康德尔先生和伯比奇先生 |
[13:25] | for the teenage lovers, | 作为中年多毛男子 |
[13:26] | being middle-aged and most hairy, they’ll still want the roles? | 不适合扮演青年恋人 但他们还是想演 |
[13:30] | Yes. I’m beginning to think that | 没错 我开始觉得 |
[13:32] | actors might be a tiny bit vain and self-obsessed. | 演员是个有点虚荣自恋的职业 |
[13:36] | Oh, no, I simply can’t agree. | 不 这我不同意 |
[13:38] | Actors are very, very special people. | 演员是非常特别的一群人 |
[13:42] | So they will tell you at exhausting length. | 他们会费尽口舌地试图向你证明这一点 |
[13:45] | Vanity, thy name is actor. | 演员啊 你的名字叫虚荣 |
[13:49] | And ’tis their vanity that will undo them. | 虚荣会替我摆平他们的 |
[13:55] | Oh, Romeo, Romeo! Wherefore art thou Romeo? | 罗密欧 罗密欧 你为什么叫做罗密欧 |
[13:59] | Ah, Mr Burbage, Mr Condell. | 啊 伯比奇先生 康德尔先生 |
[14:01] | I see that you are already in rehearsal. | 你们已经开始排练了 |
[14:03] | Indeed, Mr Shakespeare, and I have good news. | 没错 莎士比亚先生 我有好消息 |
[14:05] | Kit Marlowe sends word that the Earl of Southampton, | 吉特 马洛来信说 |
[14:08] | for whom you have writ and dedicated many poems… | 你给他写了不少诗的那个南安普敦伯爵 |
[14:11] | Platonically, yes. I certainly never fancied him. | 那只是柏拉图式仰慕 我可没有看上人家 |
[14:14] | .. will attend our opening night, | 他会来参加我们的首演 |
[14:16] | and, if he approves of your play, will be our new patron. | 如果被他看中 他就会成为我们的新资助人 |
[14:19] | How can he not approve, | 有你和康德尔先生倾情出演 |
[14:20] | with you and Mr Condell in the title roles? | 他怎么可能看不中 |
[14:23] | For above all, Condell and Burbage | 最重要的可就是康德尔和伯比奇 |
[14:25] | must play the title roles. | 必须扮演剧名里的角色了 |
[14:27] | – Oh, obviously. – Obviously. | – 哦 那必须 – 是的 |
[14:29] | Which is why I wonder that you be all bedecked | 但我不明白的是 |
[14:32] | as the minor juvenile love interest. | 你们怎么都扮成了那对年轻恋人的样子 |
[14:34] | Be you working out the blocking | 这不是干了 |
[14:35] | for the two unknown beginners who’ll play the kids? | 那两个没名气的新人的活吗 |
[14:38] | Kids, Will? | 什么新人 威廉 |
[14:40] | Romeo and Juliet be the title roles. | 罗密欧和朱丽叶可是剧名里的角色 |
[14:42] | What? | 什么 |
[14:44] | Oh, I see! Oh, you’re working off THAT draft. | 哦 我知道了 你们拿的是那份手稿 |
[14:48] | – Oh, that’s all changed. – What’s changed? | – 哎呀 我改了 – 改什么了 |
[14:50] | – The title. | 改了题目 |
[14:51] | It’s not called Romeo and Juliet any more. | 现在不叫罗密欧与朱丽叶了 |
[14:53] | It’s called Prince Escalus and The Nurse. | 叫做《埃斯卡勒斯亲王与奶娘》 |
[15:00] | Prince Escalus? Is he in it? | 埃斯卡勒斯亲王 他出场了吗 |
[15:03] | Is he in it? Is he in it?! | 你竟然问我他出场了吗 |
[15:06] | He’s only the voice of stability | 他维持着两家的和平 |
[15:08] | and authority who restores the natural hierarchical order | 当秩序遭到禁忌之爱的破坏 |
[15:11] | at the end of the play after the chaos caused by forbidden love! | 最后 是他恢复了等级秩序 |
[15:15] | Oh. Well, I must say, that does sound rather important. | 这样的话 看来他还是挺重要的 |
[15:19] | And it is the title role? | 而且你说还是剧名里的角色 |
[15:20] | Oh, absolutely. For sure. Probably. | 当然啦 也许吧 |
[15:24] | And the Nurse does have some fine lines. | 奶娘的台词看起来也不错 |
[15:26] | The title role, you say? | 也是剧名里的角色 |
[15:27] | Totally. Good as. | 那必须 差不多吧 |
[15:29] | Now, we need to audition for the juveniles. | 那么 我们得为那几个年轻角色选角 |
[15:32] | Well, I know who we’ll want for the girl. | 女孩的角色好选 |
[15:34] | There’s a new lad wowing them across the river at the Curtain. | 河对面新来了一个厉害的男孩 |
[15:37] | Augustine Snootyloin gave a superb Isabella | 在汤米·基德那部西班牙悲剧里 |
[15:40] | in Tommy Kyd’s Spanish Tragedy. | 奥古斯汀·斯努缇林演的伊莎贝拉很不错 |
[15:43] | Superb? I thought he WAS the tragedy. | 很不错吗 我以为他就是所谓的悲剧 |
[15:45] | Too showy. No depth. | 太肤浅了 表演没有深度 |
[15:47] | Well, we’ll see him, of course, | 好吧 会找他试试的 |
[15:48] | but I think we need to keep an open mind, | 但我们也得保持开放的心态 |
[15:50] | and of course, also, for Romeo… | 然后 还有罗密欧这个角色 |
[15:52] | There, I must draw the line. | 丑话说在前面 |
[15:54] | He may no longer be the title role, but Romeo remains pivotal. | 他虽然不再是主角了 但也很重要 |
[15:57] | We’ll need an established company member, a genuine draw card. | 我们得找一个剧院内部有威望的人来演 |
[16:05] | Someone who’s big in Italy, maybe? | 得找一个在意大利很有名的那种 是吧 |
[16:07] | “Huh! Who said that?” I did, so… | 是谁在说话 是我 所以… |
[16:18] | The upstart crow flies ever higher. | 这只暴发户乌鸦越飞越高了 |
[16:21] | Lord Southampton himself will attend | 南安普敦大人会亲自参加 |
[16:23] | the curiously titled Prince Escalus and The Nurse, | 这个奇怪的《埃斯卡勒斯亲王与奶娘》的首演 |
[16:27] | and ’tis whispered that if he approves, | 听说如果被他看中 |
[16:29] | he will stand patron to the company. | 他就会资助剧院 |
[16:33] | With so powerful a protector, | 要是有了如此有权势的保护人 |
[16:35] | the crow will be beyond my clutches. | 我就动不了这只乌鸦了 |
[16:38] | I must sabotage this show. | 那我必须搞点破坏 |
[16:42] | You are Augustine Snootyloin, | 你就是奥古斯汀·斯努缇林 |
[16:45] | currently the most fashionable young actor in London? | 目前伦敦最抢手的年轻男演员 |
[16:48] | Whatever. The fame thing is such a joke. | 没什么 名利于我如云烟 |
[16:51] | I’m a jobbing actor, a craftsman plying his trade. | 我不过是打份散工 靠勤恳工作来赚钱的工匠 |
[16:55] | My body is my tool. | 我的身体就是我的谋生工具 |
[16:57] | Basically, I’m a tool. | 简单来说 我就是个工具 |
[16:59] | I think that much is clear. | 我想你已经解释得很清楚了 |
[17:01] | And can we please get over | 我们可不可以跳过 |
[17:02] | the fact that I’m posh and I went to Eton? | 我是个贵族而且我上过伊顿公学的事了 |
[17:04] | Yes. Now, ’tis said you | 可以 据说你是 |
[17:06] | are hotly tipped to be cast as the ingenue | 女主角的大热人选 |
[17:09] | in Mr Shakespeare’s new romantic tragedy. | 将要出演莎士比亚新的爱情悲剧 |
[17:12] | I’ve met the director. We’ve talked. | 我和导演见过了 也谈过了 |
[17:15] | You will make sure that you are cast, sirrah. | 你要确保你能出演 先生 |
[17:17] | And on opening night, | 而且在首映当晚 |
[17:18] | if somebody sets fire to the theatre | 要是有人能在窗台那一幕的时候 |
[17:22] | during the balcony scene | 在剧院放个火 |
[17:24] | for a generous fee… | 便可有可观的报酬… |
[17:26] | Shouldn’t be a problem. | 不在话下 |
[17:28] | I’ll be on fire anyway. | 无论如何我都会火力全开 |
[17:32] | What’s in a name? | 姓名有何意义 |
[17:34] | That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet. | 即使玫瑰换了别的姓名 也还是一样的芬芳 |
[17:41] | Thank you. Thank you. | 谢谢 谢谢 |
[17:43] | Most impressive. | 让人眼前一亮 |
[17:45] | He has exactly what it takes to be a star these days. | 他完全具备了当下成为明星所需的特质 |
[17:48] | – There’s no doubting that. – Are you mad? | – 这点毫无疑问 – 你疯了吗 |
[17:49] | He’s just a weird-looking | 他不过是个穿着奇装异服的 |
[17:51] | Eton boy with a rather pretentious name. | 伊顿学生 还有个矫揉做作的名字 |
[17:53] | As I said, he has exactly what it takes | 如我所言 他完全具备了当下 |
[17:56] | to be a star these days. | 成为明星所需的特质 |
[17:58] | I disagree, Burbage. | 我不同意 伯比奇 |
[17:59] | Like all these young boys, he has no substance, no depth. | 他和那些黄毛小子一样 没有内涵 没有深度 |
[18:03] | No pubic hair on his eyebrows. | 而且他的眉毛说明了他的阴毛不多 |
[18:05] | I am decided Gussie Snootyloin be our Juliet. | 我已经决定由格西·斯努缇林出演朱丽叶 |
[18:09] | Stay your hand, Burbage. There be one audition remaining. | 先等等 伯比奇 还有一个人要试镜呢 |
[18:15] | Not as pretty as the other boy. | 不如刚才那个男孩俏丽 |
[18:17] | Let’s at least listen to him. | 至少先看看他的表演吧 |
[18:21] | Come, gentle night, | 来吧 柔和的黑夜 |
[18:24] | come, loving, black-browed night. | 来吧 可爱的黑颜的夜 |
[18:27] | Give me my Romeo | 把我的罗密欧给我 |
[18:30] | and, when he shall die, take him | 等他死了以后 你再把他带去 |
[18:33] | and cut him out in little stars, | 分散成无数的星星 |
[18:36] | and he will make the face of heaven so fine | 把天空装饰得如此美丽 |
[18:40] | that all the world will be in love with night. | 使全世界都恋爱着黑夜 |
[18:46] | By heavens, ’twas brilliant. | 我的老天 太精彩了 |
[18:48] | The young boy maketh a | 这个年轻小伙打开了那扇 |
[18:49] | very window into the heart of a young woman | 直抵年轻女性内心的窗户 |
[18:51] | and through its prism do | 而且从这扇窗户中 |
[18:52] | inspire the very essence of the female soul. | 折射出了女性灵魂的精髓 |
[18:55] | How came he by such talent? | 怎么会有人有此等才华 |
[18:57] | What is the secret of his acting craft? | 他演技如此精湛的秘诀是什么 |
[18:59] | He didn’t go to Eton. | 他没上过伊顿公学 |
[19:02] | Hasn’t got a pretentious name. | 也没有一个矫揉做作的名字 |
[19:04] | Doesn’t even look all that weird. | 甚至没有奇装异服 |
[19:06] | She’s a girl, Burbage. | 她是个女的 伯比奇 |
[19:08] | I swear the lying, cheating little bitchington is a girl! | 我敢肯定这个撒谎的小贱人是个女的 |
[19:12] | Oh, yeah? | 是吗 |
[19:14] | I’ll show you who’s a girl, | 我就让你看看谁才是女的 |
[19:15] | you poxed-up old hugger-tugger. | 你这该死的伊顿自大狂 |
[19:17] | Cop a load of this bad boy when he’s at home. | 仔细瞧瞧本丁丁无拘无束时候的样子吧 |
[19:30] | So, you failed. | 所以说 你搞砸了 |
[19:32] | I have no more use for you. Be gone from my sight! | 你已经没有利用价值了 滚出我的视线范围 |
[19:35] | I didn’t fail, Mr Greene. | 我并没有搞砸 格林先生 |
[19:37] | There was reason I didn’t get the role, | 我没选上朱丽叶是有原因的 |
[19:39] | and I think it’s worth as | 而且这个原因 |
[19:41] | much to you as me sabotaging the production. | 和破坏首映一样有价值 |
[19:43] | Really? Well, if you have information that I can use | 当真 如果你手头的消息可以让我用来 |
[19:47] | against Mr Shakespeare, I will pay handsomely for it. | 对付莎士比亚的话 我愿意付你丰厚的报酬 |
[19:50] | They’ve cast a real girl. | 他们选了一个真的女生来出演 |
[19:52] | How can you be sure? | 你怎么确定 |
[19:54] | Because I saw her sausage | 因为我看到她的老二 |
[19:56] | and it was a sausage. | 其实是一根香肠假装的 |
[19:58] | O happy day! | 今天是个好日子 |
[20:00] | The crow is in my clutches. | 这乌鸦逃不出我的手掌心了 |
[20:01] | If they disport a girl upon the stage, | 要是他们让一个女的上台胡闹 |
[20:04] | all those involved will be arrested. | 那么所有相关人员都要被捕 |
[20:06] | Lord Southampton will flee | 南安普敦大臣就会因 |
[20:08] | in fear of association and without a patron, | 怕被牵连而拆伙 没有了金主 |
[20:11] | Burbage and the crow will be at the mercy of the purititties. | 伯比奇和他的剧团就只能任凭摆布了 |
[20:16] | Exactly. My monies, please, Mr Greene. | 正是如此 请速付本人的酬劳 格林先生 |
[20:20] | My dear Gussie, the thing about making a transaction is | 亲爱的格西 交易的规矩就是 |
[20:25] | always to demand payment before delivering the goods. | 收款之后才能交货 |
[20:28] | You, I’m afraid, | 而你 在下恐怕 |
[20:30] | gave your valuable information gratis, | 你已经无偿给予了你宝贵的信息 |
[20:32] | and now have naught to sell. | 现在没有可以交易的东西了 |
[20:34] | You’re giving me nothing? | 你什么都不给我 |
[20:36] | On the contrary, I’m giving you a valuable lesson. | 恰恰相反 我给你上了宝贵的一课 |
[20:42] | Good day. | 日安 |
[20:45] | So, the Capulet ball. | 来了 在凯普莱特家族的舞会上 |
[20:47] | Tybalt has departed in disgust. | 提伯尔特灰溜溜地离开了 |
[20:49] | Romeo, fearless in his enemy’s house, | 罗密欧 在仇人的家里毫无畏惧地 |
[20:51] | spies the exquisite Juliet across the room. | 看着在房间另一头的优雅的朱丽叶 |
[20:54] | Instantly is smitten. | 一见倾心 |
[20:56] | The gadsome youth has found true love. | 小毛孩找到了真爱 |
[20:59] | Their eyes meet. He approaches her. | 两目交接 他向她缓缓走去 |
[21:01] | He takes her hand. The world stand still. He speaks. | 他牵起了她的手 世界仿佛静止了 他说道 |
[21:06] | Congratulations, you’ve been pulled. | 恭喜你 勾搭成功 |
[21:10] | The line, Kempe, is, “If I profane with my unworthiest hand | 肯佩 台词是 “要是我这俗手上的尘污 |
[21:14] | This holy shrine, the gentle sin is this. | 亵渎了你的神圣的庙宇 |
[21:17] | My lips, two blushing pilgrims, | 这两片嘴唇 含羞的信徒 |
[21:19] | Ready stand to smooth that rough touch with a tender kiss.” | 愿意用一吻乞求你的宥恕” |
[21:22] | Yeah, and my line’s better. | 还是我说的那句比较好 |
[21:23] | Kempe’s line was rather more succinct. | 肯佩那句更简洁明了 |
[21:25] | Yours is a tad obscure. | 你的有一点晦涩难懂 |
[21:27] | – Very obscure. – Like, mad obscure. | – 是非常晦涩 – 超级晦涩 |
[21:29] | It’s not obscure at all. | 这一点都不晦涩 |
[21:31] | It’s as clear as faerie snot. | 清澈得像仙子的鼻涕 |
[21:33] | Romeo sees Juliet’s hand as sacred, like a shrine. | 罗密欧把朱丽叶的手看作是神圣的庙宇 |
[21:37] | He says if she’s offended by his touch, she should | 他说如果他的触碰亵渎了朱丽叶 就让朱丽叶 |
[21:40] | imagine his lips are two | 想象他的双唇是两个 |
[21:41] | visiting pilgrims and let him kiss it better. | 朝圣的信徒 从而允许他更尽情地亲吻 |
[21:44] | You’re joking. That’s what it means? | 你开玩笑的吧 说的是这个意思 |
[21:46] | – That’s amazing. I had no idea. – Nor me. | – 写的真棒 但我没看懂 – 我也不懂 |
[21:49] | Juliet coquettishly replies… | 朱丽叶满是风情地回应道 |
[21:51] | Good pilgrim, you do wrong your hand too much, | 信徒 莫把你的手儿侮辱 |
[21:54] | for saints have hands that pilgrims’ hands do touch, | 神明的手本许信徒接触 |
[21:58] | and palm to palm is holy palmers’ kiss. | 掌心的密合远胜如亲吻 |
[22:01] | Oh, their hands kiss. Palm to palm. | 他们用双手亲吻对方 掌心对掌心 |
[22:05] | Oh, I like that, that’s sweet. | 我喜欢这幕 真甜蜜 |
[22:07] | And, of course, there’s also the highly amusing internal pun. | 当然了 这里面还藏了十分有趣的双关语 |
[22:10] | There’s a pun? Oh, God. | 这里面有双关语 我的天 |
[22:13] | Obviously there’s a pun. People love my puns. | 很明显一语双关呀 观众喜欢我的双关语 |
[22:16] | They love how obscure they are. | 他们就是喜欢晦涩的台词 |
[22:18] | Palmer is archaic slang for pilgrim, | 朝圣者在以前就是信徒的意思 |
[22:21] | so Romeo, having called himself a pilgrim, | 所以罗密欧称自己为信徒 |
[22:24] | is now offering a palmer’s palm! | 就是在说这是朝圣者的朝圣手 |
[22:29] | So funny. It’ll stop the show. | 太逗了 可能会笑到影响表演 |
[22:33] | Maybe you could afford to lose that one, | 或许您可以省去这一段 |
[22:35] | Mr Shakespeare. Bit weak. | 莎士比亚先生 略显逊色了 |
[22:36] | It is not weak. It’s a bolted-on pant-wetter. | 才不逊色呢 这能让你笑得湿了裤子 |
[22:40] | And in my view it will get even funnier | 而且在我看来 这个双关 |
[22:42] | as the meaning of the pun fades ever further into history. | 将在后人的传颂之中 变得越来越好笑 |
[22:47] | Now, proceed. Romeo asks, Kempe… | 好 接下来 罗密欧问 肯佩 |
[22:50] | Have not saints lips? | 圣人是否拥有嘴与唇 |
[22:52] | And Juliet teases back… | 朱丽叶挑逗地回答 |
[22:54] | Aye, pilgrim, lips that they must use in prayer. | 有 朝圣者 圣人有用于祈祷的嘴与唇 |
[22:57] | She’s flirting! | 她在调情 |
[22:59] | Saying, “Naughty boy, you | 她是在说 “你个小顽皮 |
[23:00] | should use your lips for prayer, not kissing.” | 嘴唇应该用来祷告 而不是接吻” |
[23:02] | Yes, I think I got that one. | 这个我听懂了 |
[23:05] | Then Romeo says… | 接着罗密欧说 |
[23:06] | “O, then, dear saint, | “既然如此 亲爱的圣人 |
[23:08] | let lips do what hands do. | 就让我们用双唇接替双手吧 |
[23:10] | They pray, grant thou, | 请你准许它们共同祈祷 |
[23:12] | lest faith turn to despair.” | 否则我的信念将化为绝望” |
[23:14] | No, you’ve lost me again now. | 这我就又不懂了 |
[23:16] | I must confess I did start to glaze over. | 不得不说 我也有点晕 |
[23:19] | Oh, for God’s sake! | 天哪 |
[23:20] | Romeo is praying for a kiss | 罗密欧”祈求”朱丽叶的吻 |
[23:22] | and if Juliet doesn’t grant it, | 如果朱丽叶不”准许” |
[23:23] | he’ll lose his faith. | 他就失去”失去信仰”啦 |
[23:25] | So, Juliet teases… | 然后朱丽叶顺水推舟 |
[23:27] | Saints do not move, though grant for prayer’s sake. | 圣人从不移动一步 即便准许了朝圣者的祈求 |
[23:30] | A holy saint isn’t going to be giving out kisses | 即便是前来朝圣的人 |
[23:33] | even to answer a prayer. | 高洁的圣人也不能主动亲吻 |
[23:35] | Then naughty Romeo, who by this time be as hornsome | 淘气的罗密欧 此时如人们新发现的 |
[23:37] | as the newly discovered African rhinoceros, | 非洲犀牛一般 欲火焚身 |
[23:40] | which has, as you know, a very large horn, says… | 你们知道 那种犀牛的角极大无比 罗密欧说 |
[23:45] | “Then move not, | “那么请您同往常一样矗立 |
[23:47] | while my prayer’s effect I take.” | 让我来完成这朝圣者的使命” |
[23:49] | Pucker up, babes. | 宝贝 撅起你的小嘴 |
[23:50] | And Romeo kisses Juliet. | 最后罗密欧亲吻了朱丽叶 |
[23:56] | Oh, now, that is a cracking good scene. | 这一幕太精彩了 |
[23:58] | Yes, it’s pretty good, Will. I must say, congratulations. | 是的 太棒了 威廉 恭喜 |
[24:01] | Now I understand it, I consider it destined to become one of | 我现在算是明白了 依我看 |
[24:05] | the most celebrated lovey-kissy | 它注定要成为英国戏剧中 |
[24:07] | moments in all English theatre. | 最著名浪漫的吻戏之一 |
[24:10] | One of? One of?! | 之一 之一 |
[24:12] | Oh, thanks very much, Condell. | 谢谢你了 康德尔 |
[24:14] | Talk about damning with faint praise. | 九分批评 一分褒奖 |
[24:16] | It’s a good start, yeah. | 这个开头很不错 |
[24:18] | Two teens hook up at a party. | 两个小年轻在一场派对上对上了眼 |
[24:20] | Like it, but to make it | 这个我喜欢 但是 |
[24:21] | brilliant, and edgy, | 想让剧情更精妙 更扣人心弦 |
[24:23] | they should get totally lathered and go get tattoos. | 还是得让他们来次湿身 最后一起去纹个身 |
[24:27] | And Juliet passes out in the kitchen. “Oh!” | 结果朱丽叶在厨房里晕倒 |
[24:30] | Romeo cops off with her best mate. “Uh-oh!” | 罗密欧搞上了她的闺蜜 |
[24:34] | Juliet wakes up… “Wha?” | 朱丽叶醒来 |
[24:36] | Stuck with his name tattooed on her bum. | 最终还是留下了 她屁股上纹的罗密欧 |
[24:40] | Mr Kempe… | 肯佩先生 |
[24:42] | Let us hope that the day | 这仿佛是在阿尔比恩岛 |
[24:44] | never dawns in Albion when tales of young love | 青春与爱情都只是 |
[24:46] | will be reduced to mere | 酗酒或交媾的狂欢 |
[24:48] | celebrations of drunkenness and copulation. | 希望那样的日子永不到来 |
[24:52] | Keep wishing, mate. History’s on my side. | 兄弟 好好希望吧你 我说的可是历史事实 |
[25:01] | I want a drink and some sweets. | 我要喝酒 还要甜点 |
[25:03] | And make sure nobody with big hair sits in front of me. | 还有 别让我的视线受爆炸头阻挡 |
[25:06] | Of course, my lord. | 好的 大人 |
[25:10] | Oh, and make sure you have an extra hanky or two | 还有 多准备一两块手帕 |
[25:12] | because I’m a terrible | 我这样的小可爱 |
[25:14] | sopling pup and bound to cry in the sad bits. | 悲伤的情节肯定要哭 |
[25:16] | Oh, you will cry, my Lord! | 您迟早要哭的 我的大人 |
[25:18] | When the crow is arrested | 这乌鸦被捕时 |
[25:20] | and you disgraced for attending such a show | 您也会因为看了这场 |
[25:22] | with an actor with a | 起用了冒充男人的 |
[25:24] | tufting muffle where her cod-dangle should be. | 女演员时 流下羞愧的泪水 |
[25:28] | You said the title had changed! | 你明明说剧名改过了 |
[25:31] | A genuine oversight, Burbage. I really meant to tell the printer. | 疏忽疏忽 伯比奇 我是想和印刷厂说来着 |
[25:36] | Well, it’s too late now. | 现在说什么都太晚了 |
[25:38] | We’ll just have to go with… Romeo and Juliet! | 我们只能凑合叫《罗密欧与朱丽叶》了 |
[25:41] | Just Romeo, I think, Mr Burbage, | 我看只要罗密欧就好了 伯比奇先生 |
[25:44] | because this little bitchington has no right to be an actor. | 这个小贱人没有权利演戏 |
[25:47] | He’s a girl. | 他是个女孩 |
[25:49] | Juliet, a girl? Ha! Impossible! | 朱丽叶 女孩 不可能 |
[25:53] | She is a girl. | 她确实是个女孩 |
[25:55] | She’s using real boobingtons | 她用的是真胸 |
[25:57] | instead of coconuts, which is just cheating. | 不是椰子 赤裸裸的欺瞒 |
[26:01] | – We’re ruined. – Kate, I’m so sorry. | – 我们完了 – 凯特 对不起 |
[26:04] | Don’t worry, Mr Shakespeare. | 没事的 莎士比亚先生 |
[26:06] | You tried and I love you for that. | 你已经尽力了 正因如此我敬爱你 |
[26:09] | I tried because you deserved it. | 我这么做是因为你够格 |
[26:10] | If anyone had a right to play a star-crossed lover, it was you. | 只有你够格演这薄命佳人 |
[26:14] | If only there was a way. | 有办法就好了 |
[26:18] | Oh, my God! He’s going to try to pull her! | 天哪 他想撩她 |
[26:21] | I love it! | 爱死这剧情了 |
[26:23] | Stop the performance! | 停止演出 |
[26:25] | A heinous offence is being committed. | 这里有人犯下了十恶不赦的罪过 |
[26:28] | The disgusting personage playing Juliet is a girl! | 朱丽叶的演员 是个女孩 |
[26:31] | How dare you, Sir! I shall sue! | 先生 您怎敢放放狂言 我要起诉 |
[26:35] | Valuable lesson in life, ducky — | 小子 这辈子都给我记住 |
[26:37] | Eton boys always win. | 伊顿男孩永不败 |
[26:40] | Shame on you for interrupting this beautiful play | 你竟以如此肮脏的诽谤 |
[26:44] | with such foul slander. | 打断这动人的剧情 可耻 |
[26:46] | Guards, arrest him! | 警卫 把他给我押下去 |
[26:48] | My… My Lord! My Lord Southampton! | 大 大人 南安普敦大人 |
[26:50] | Now, can we please get to the kissy bit? | 请继续这场吻戏吧 |
[26:54] | If I profane with my unworthiest hand this holy shrine, | 我既已用凡夫俗子的手 玷污这神圣的殿堂 |
[26:59] | the gentle sin is this. | 犯下善意的罪 |
[27:02] | My lips, two blushing pilgrims, | 就让我用我用双唇献上轻吻 |
[27:05] | ready stand to smooth that rough touch with a tender kiss. | 抚平粗糙的手掌留下的划痕 |
[27:11] | Still can’t see how I locked myself in the privy. | 我还是想不通我是怎么把自己锁在茅房里的 |
[27:14] | Yes, funny, that. Lucky Kate knew the lines. | 是啊 是很有趣 还好凯特会背你的台词 |
[27:17] | She is rather excellent. | 她真是厉害 |
[27:19] | It’s a very good thing there’s a law against her. | 法律不让她演戏真是大幸 |
[27:26] | Beautiful! | 太感人了 |
[27:31] | Well, you got yourself a new patron. | 你有新金主了 |
[27:33] | Southampton absolutely loved it. | 这部戏南安普敦肯定喜欢得不行 |
[27:34] | Did he? Did he really? What was his favourite bit? | 真的吗 他最喜欢哪一部分 |
[27:38] | Oh, without question, it was that amazingly moving image | 毋庸置疑 是鸟儿被丝线困住 |
[27:40] | of the captive bird on the silken thread. | 那个令人动容的画面打动了他 |
[27:43] | Yeah, that was mine… | 那是我的 |
[27:43] | Some more ale, please, Bottom. | 请给我再来些麦酒 宝特姆 |
[27:45] | You’re showing a very unpleasant side, | 老爷 你这样很不讨人喜欢 |
[27:47] | if you don’t mind me saying, master. | 如果你不介意我这么说的话 |
[27:49] | So, Kate, you didn’t get to play Juliet | 凯特 你没能演成演朱丽叶 |
[27:51] | but you got the next best thing. | 但也得到除此之外最好的机会了 |
[27:53] | Oh, the best thing, if I’m honest, Mr Shakespeare, | 实话说 这才是最好的机会 莎士比亚先生 |
[27:56] | because not surprisingly, Romeo, being the male protagonist, | 男主角罗密欧的形象 |
[27:59] | is informed by a complex set of personal and social issues | 由一系列社会和个人事件塑造而成 |
[28:02] | whereas Juliet, being the girl, | 然而朱丽叶 作为女主角 |
[28:04] | is informed exclusively by her attitude to the male protagonist. | 形象仅仅依附于对男主人公的情感 |
[28:08] | Ah. You spotted that, did you? | 你发现了呀 |
[28:10] | And Romeo has 74 more lines. | 不仅如此 罗密欧比朱丽叶多七十四句台词 |
[28:15] | I, for one, hope that one day, lady acting will be made legal. | 我希望有一天 女性能合法参演戏剧 |
[28:19] | Except that if it ever were, | 只可惜 就算她们能上台 |
[28:21] | I expect most of the girls’ parts would be hackneyed cliches | 也只能搬弄一些陈词滥调 |
[28:25] | and, like as not, they’d be expected to show their boobingtons. | 而且 人们多半希望她们袒胸露乳 |
[28:29] | I fear you may be right. And also, | 恐怕你是对的 除此之外 |
[28:31] | ’tis certain they’d earn less, too. | 她们肯定也挣得更少 |
[28:33] | For doing the same job as a man? Surely not! | 和男人干一样的事情还挣得更少 怎么可能 |
[28:37] | Well, that would be just ridiculous. | 真是胡说八道 |
[28:40] | Perhaps you’re right, my love. | 可能你说得才是对的吧 亲爱的 |
[28:42] | Only time will tell. | 时间会给我们答案 |