时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:19] | I wonder that you’re still talking, Signor Benedick. | 培尼狄克先生 您怎么还在那儿讲话呀 |
[00:22] | Nobody marks you. | 没有人听着您哩 |
[00:24] | – Get on with it! – What, my dear Lady Disdain! | – 继续啊 – 嗳哟 我的傲慢的小姐 |
[00:27] | Are you yet living? | 您还活着吗 |
[00:32] | I had rather hear my dog | 与其叫我听一个男人发誓说他爱我 |
[00:33] | bark at a crow than a man swear he loves me. | 我宁愿听我的狗向着一只乌鸦叫 |
[00:37] | Get on with it! | 继续啊 |
[00:38] | Mr Condell is going down like a lead inflated pig’s bladder. | 康戴尔先生的人气像个灌铅的猪膀胱一样下沉 |
[00:42] | I know. | 我知道 |
[00:43] | The groundlings don’t like him as they did. | 下层人没有以前那么喜欢他了 |
[00:45] | Aye, cos he’s got old and ugly. | 毕竟他又老又丑嘛 |
[00:47] | ‘Tis true. His face, | 确实 看他的脸 |
[00:48] | once soft and plumpsome as a pixie’s bumble-butt, | 曾经那么柔软而丰腴 如同仙子的屁股 |
[00:52] | be now craggy, hard and hairy, | 但如今饱经风霜 轮廓坚硬 满是毛发 |
[00:54] | like a goblin’s scroting satchel. | 就像哥布林的阴囊 |
[00:58] | See how Burbage hogs the bows. | 看看伯比奇是怎么谢幕的 |
[01:00] | Wrong, so wrong. | 简直大错特错 |
[01:01] | His head is grown so large, | 他的脑袋是如此庞大 |
[01:03] | this hollow O that is our | 我们中空的圆形剧场 |
[01:04] | theatre will soon be fit to be his crown! | 不久就会变成他的王冠了 |
[01:07] | I must be rid of Burbage. | 我得让伯比奇走人 |
[01:11] | I must be rid of Condell. | 我得让康戴尔走人 |
[01:17] | You seem a bit low, Kate. Why? | 你看上去有点低落 凯特 怎么了 |
[01:19] | I am fearful for my future, Mr Marlowe. | 我对未来感到害怕 马洛先生 |
[01:21] | Well, don’t think about it. Live for today. | 那就别想 活在当下 |
[01:24] | Easy to say if you’re a man, Mr Marlowe, | 你是个男人 当然说来简单 马洛先生 |
[01:26] | but a woman has not that luxury. | 但女人就不敢有此奢望啦 |
[01:28] | My mother is ageing and like to die. | 我妈妈逐渐衰老 走向死亡 |
[01:30] | Although, quite frankly, | 虽然老实说 |
[01:31] | with the amount of slap and | 跟那么多男人 |
[01:32] | tickling she does with her bits of saucy ruffington, | 眉来眼去 |
[01:34] | she’s more like to die of exhaustion than old age. | 她可能在老死之前就累死了 |
[01:37] | But when she does, what of me? | 但她死后我怎么办 |
[01:40] | As a widow, she has legal rights, | 作为寡妇 她在法律上享有相应的权利 |
[01:42] | but I will be a spinster, a non-person. | 但我将会终身不婚 因而在法律上非人 |
[01:44] | I will have this property and my mother’s money | 我能继承这房子和母亲的钱 |
[01:47] | but no legal status, | 但没有相应的法律地位 |
[01:49] | prey to every exploitative, opportunist, gold-digging rogue. | 沦为剥削者 机会主义者和骗钱的流氓的猎物 |
[01:53] | Kate, this could be the perfect fit! | 凯特 你我简直绝配 |
[01:55] | I mean, you have property and money, and I… | 我是说 你有财产 而我… |
[01:58] | Am an exploitative, opportunist, gold-digging rogue? | 是个剥削者 机会主义者和骗钱的流氓 |
[02:00] | Exactly! | 正是如此 |
[02:02] | Better the exploitative, opportunist, | 你认识的剥削者 机会主义者 |
[02:04] | gold-digging rogue you know. | 和骗钱的流氓更放心 |
[02:06] | I must be rid of Condell. | 我得赶走康戴尔 |
[02:08] | He can play the totty no longer. | 他演不了美女了 |
[02:11] | Tonight, his Beatrice was about as charming and coquettish | 今晚 他演的贝特丽丝既不迷人也不风骚 |
[02:14] | as Henry VIII trying to get his rotting and ulcerated left leg | 就像亨利七世试图用溃烂的左腿 |
[02:17] | over his sweet and fragrant sixth wife. | 爬上他甜美娇弱的第六任妻子一样倒胃口 |
[02:21] | I cannot bear the idea that Condell will give my Calpurnia. | 我也不想让康戴尔出演卡尔普尼亚 |
[02:24] | Calpurnia? Is your next play going to be about Julius Caesar? | 卡尔普尼亚 你下一部剧是关于凯撒大帝的吗 |
[02:28] | That’s the plan. Exciting, don’t you think? | 计划正是如此 令人激动不是吗 |
[02:31] | Ancient Rome. So cool, so sexy. | 古代罗马 又酷又性感 |
[02:33] | Can’t imagine why I didn’t think of doing a Caesar play before. | 不能想象为什么我之前没有想过写凯撒的戏剧 |
[02:36] | Possibly because Thomas North | 大概因为托马斯·诺斯 |
[02:37] | has only very recently published his translation | 刚刚出版了普鲁塔克那本 |
[02:39] | of Plutarch’s Lives Of The Noble Romans, | 《希腊罗马名人传》的译本 |
[02:42] | so you had no source from which to pinch it. | 所以你就无处可偷了 |
[02:45] | Plutarch’s Lives Of The Noble Romans? | 普鲁塔克的《希腊罗马名人传》 |
[02:47] | Not sure I’ve heard of it. | 我不确定听没听过这本书 |
[02:48] | I bought it last week and have been reading it in the privy. | 我上周买的 一直放在厕所里读 |
[02:50] | Well, I may have glanced at it while… | 那么 我可能看过几眼… |
[02:53] | while awaiting the appearance of that shy turtle who doth dwell | 当我等待那栖居在一双巨石之间的 |
[02:56] | betwixt the twin boulders | 害羞的乌龟露出脑袋 |
[02:58] | and who emerges into the light | 要知道 它探头于光明后 |
[03:00] | only to hurl himself straightway into the dark abyss. | 只会直坠黑暗的深渊 |
[03:04] | Stealing plots again, eh, master? | 又在抄袭情节啊 主人 |
[03:06] | Look, I’ve got to base my plays on something. | 听着 我的剧情得建立在某种基础之上 |
[03:08] | They can’t all be about amusingly confused cross-dressers. | 不能全写滑稽奇怪的异装癖 |
[03:12] | Can they? | 难道可以吗 |
[03:14] | Definitely not. And I must say, | 绝对不行 而且我得说 |
[03:15] | a Roman play does sound good. | 一部罗马剧听上去就很好 |
[03:17] | I mean, those guys were crazy. | 我是说 那些罗马人简直头脑发疯 |
[03:19] | Murdering, gorging, puking… | 谋杀啦 大吃大喝又呕吐不止啦… |
[03:21] | And, of course, creating a united Europe | 当然 他们创造了一个统一的欧洲 |
[03:23] | with a single currency, no trade barriers, | 使用统一的货币 去除了贸易壁垒 |
[03:26] | free movement of labour | 劳动力实现自由移动 |
[03:27] | and a unified legal system. | 还统一了法律系统 |
[03:31] | Yeah… Might leave that out. | 嗯… 这些就不写了 |
[03:35] | Not sure how well it would play to us Brits. | 这对我们英国人来说没多大好处 |
[03:38] | Well, I think you’re onto a winner, | 我觉得这剧会很火 |
[03:39] | mate. I don’t know much history, | 兄弟 对于历史我了解不多 |
[03:41] | but I do know that Caesar’s life was absolutely action packed. | 但我还是知道凯撒的生活肯定很丰富多彩 |
[03:44] | Goodness, wasn’t it just?! | 老天 可不是吗 |
[03:45] | Three marriages, | 三段婚姻 |
[03:46] | numerous mistresses, including… | 数不清的情妇 包括… |
[03:49] | Excuse me!… Cleo-flipping-patra, | 原谅我… 埃及艳后 |
[03:52] | conquered half the known world, | 虽然占领了已知世界的一半 |
[03:54] | crossed the Rubicon, became dictator for life, | 越过卢比孔河 成为终身统治者 |
[03:57] | stabbed to death by his best mates! | 他却被最亲近的人刺死 |
[03:59] | I mean, goodness, so many amazing events! | 老天 那么多惊心动魄的事件 |
[04:03] | Absolutely. | 绝对如此 |
[04:04] | So, I thought I’d focus on the | 我准备重点写写 公元前五十五年 |
[04:06] | short weekend break he took to Kent in 55 BC. | 他在肯特郡短暂的周末休假 |
[04:09] | Mr Shakespeare, Caesar’s attempt | 莎士比亚先生 凯撒侵略不列颠的计划 |
[04:11] | to invade Britain was an absolute nonstarter. | 绝对毫无成功的可能 |
[04:14] | His forces scarcely got off the beach. | 他的军队几乎没能离开海滩 |
[04:16] | Exactly. I thought I’d play the whole thing as a light comedy | 正是 我考虑过把整件事写成 |
[04:19] | about a trip to the seaside. | 关于海滨旅行的轻喜剧 |
[04:22] | He came, he saw, he had a little paddle. | 他来 他见 他游了一会儿泳 |
[04:26] | Surely the play should be about Caesar’s murder. | 但这出戏应该写凯撒之死 |
[04:29] | Such an exciting story of assassination, | 这故事是多么激动人心啊 |
[04:31] | regicide and betrayal. | 又是刺杀又是弑君又是背叛的 |
[04:33] | Yes, Kate. | 没错 凯特 |
[04:35] | Assassination, regicide and betrayal. | 刺杀 弑君和背叛 |
[04:37] | Any thoughts on who might object to such themes? | 谁会反对这样的主题呢 |
[04:41] | Balding, ginger, owns a large axe? | 某个谢顶 黄毛 有一把大斧子的人 |
[04:44] | Oh, goodness, I didn’t think about that. | 老天 我没往这方面想 |
[04:47] | There was a mysterious hooded figure at the door. | 有位罩着兜帽的神秘人 |
[04:50] | Left this note. | 在门外留下了这张字条 |
[04:53] | Zounds! | 哎呀 |
[04:54] | Condell plots against Burbage. | 康戴尔密谋反对伯比奇 |
[04:56] | He has summoned the company | 他在召集了剧院的人 |
[04:58] | and will betray him on the steps of the stage. | 准备在舞台上动手 |
[05:01] | Condell invites me to join the conspirators. | 他邀请我加入他 |
[05:05] | This is terrible. | 太可怕了 |
[05:06] | If Condell becomes chief luvvie-kissie, | 如果康戴尔成为首席演员 |
[05:08] | he’ll be playing the teenage totty until his seventh age. | 那么他直到七十岁都可以演少女 |
[05:12] | Enter the gorgeous Calpurnia… | 出演美丽的卡尔普尼亚 |
[05:14] | sans eyes, sans teeth, sans everything. | 即使没有动人的眼睛 没有牙齿 什么都没有 |
[05:18] | Ouch. You’re going to have to stop him, mate. | 呕 你得阻止他 老兄 |
[05:20] | But how? He writes that the company are on his side. | 可是怎么做 他说剧团支持他 |
[05:23] | He has the mob behind him. | 群演也是 |
[05:25] | Well, it strikes me that, rather coincidentally, | 我突然想到 这非常巧合 |
[05:28] | this is all somewhat reminiscent of the death of Caesar. | 这有点令人联想到凯撒之死 |
[05:31] | I can’t be worrying about my Roman play now, Kate. | 我不能想着罗马剧了 凯特 |
[05:34] | I have to deal with Mr Condell. | 得先处理康戴尔先生的事 |
[05:36] | In Plutarch’s story, it all goes wrong for the conspirators | 在普鲁塔克的故事中 叛乱那方输了 |
[05:39] | because Mark Antony turns up after the murder | 因为马克·安东尼在谋杀后现身 |
[05:41] | and sways the mob. | 劝服了人群 |
[05:43] | My goodness, Kate, you’re right. | 老天 凯特 你是对的 |
[05:45] | I will go to the steps of the | 我要到舞台那儿去 |
[05:46] | stage and play Mark Antony to Condell’s Brutus. | 康戴尔要演布鲁图斯 我就来演马克·安东尼 |
[05:49] | Yes. And getting back to your play, | 没错 而且说回你的戏剧 |
[05:51] | don’t forget that after Mark Antony’s intervention, | 别忘了马克·安东尼出手后 |
[05:54] | Caesar is avenged and all the conspirators end up dead. | 他为凯撒复仇成功 参与阴谋的人都死了 |
[05:58] | It seems to me, if you put that part of the story, | 我想如果把这段放进故事里 |
[06:01] | Her Majesty might rather approve it. | 女王陛下就会批准的 |
[06:03] | Actually, that’s a very good point. | 这确实是个很好的点子 |
[06:04] | – Thanks. – Glad I thought of it. | – 谢谢 – 真庆幸我想到了 |
[06:07] | Mr Shakespeare promises us a Roman play, | 莎士比亚先生承诺要写一部罗马剧 |
[06:10] | and all is in readiness. | 而一切准备就绪 |
[06:12] | We have the costumes, wigs and props. | 戏服 假发和道具都齐备了 |
[06:15] | We await only the script. And mark me! | 现在只等剧本 而且听我一言 |
[06:18] | My Caesar will be a triumph greater even than the man himself! | 我演的凯撒将会比凯撒本人还成功 |
[06:22] | Why, man, he doth bestride the narrow world like a Colossus, | 嘿 老兄 他像一个巨人似的跨越这狭隘的世界 |
[06:26] | and we petty men walk under his huge legs | 我们这些渺小的凡人一个个在他粗大的两腿下行走 |
[06:28] | and peep about to find ourselves | 四处张望着 却发现自己 |
[06:31] | getting upstaged at the final bows. | 直至谢幕才上台 |
[06:34] | Or… Put better… He ain’t all that, | 或者说… 他才没那么强 |
[06:36] | and it’s time he got shafted. | 是时候把他赶走了 |
[06:37] | But do we have the numbers? | 反对者占多数吗 |
[06:40] | Longinus approaches. | 朗吉努斯来了 |
[06:41] | The musicians are with you, sir. | 乐师们支持你 先生 |
[06:44] | Mr Burbage is a foul tyrant | 伯比奇是个愚蠢的暴君 |
[06:45] | who did once take a pee in the kettledrum. | 有一次甚至对着定音鼓撒尿 |
[06:48] | And the mob players? | 那些群演呢 |
[06:49] | With you also. | 也站在您这边 |
[06:51] | Though beg that when you be chief luvvie-kissie, | 不过他们有个请求 如果您当上首席演员 |
[06:54] | you make Mr Shakespeare shorten his soliloquies | 一定要让莎士比亚先生缩短剧里的独白 |
[06:57] | through which we must stand for many hours | 因为我们不得不站上几个小时 |
[07:00] | pretending to understand. | 假装自己听懂了 |
[07:02] | And the thunder-board wobbler? | 敲雷鸣器的呢 |
[07:03] | The front-of-house prostitutes? | 前台那些妓女呢 |
[07:07] | Then all is ready. Come, Kempe. | 那么万事俱备 来吧 坎普 |
[07:13] | Brothers. Burbage is a tyrant. | 兄弟们 伯比奇是暴君 |
[07:15] | ‘Tis time to end this tyranny. | 是时候结束他的暴政了 |
[07:17] | Strike him down. | 打倒他 |
[07:19] | What means this outrage?! | 这股怒气从何而生 |
[07:20] | You hog the final bows, which is totally unprofessional. | 你一个人包揽了观众的欢呼 这非常不专业 |
[07:24] | You get your own dressing place, which is just so wrong. | 你还霸占一整个化妆间台 错上加错 |
[07:26] | And you farted when my Beatrice kissed your Benedick. | 我演的贝特丽丝吻你演的培尼狄克时 你还放屁 |
[07:30] | We need a new chief luvvie-kissie! | 我们需要一个新的首席演员 |
[07:32] | Et tu, Mr Condell? | 你也有份吗 康戴尔先生 |
[07:35] | Et tu, Kempe? | 你也有份吗 坎普 |
[07:36] | Then fall, Burbage! Betrayed! | 垮了 伯比奇 你被人背叛了 |
[07:40] | Liberty! Freedom! Tyranny is dead! | 自由 自主 暴政结束了 |
[07:43] | Ambition’s debt is paid. | 野心得到了报应 |
[07:44] | I am chief luvvie-kissie now! | 我是新任首席演员 |
[07:48] | What’s this? Be… Be Burbage usurped? | 怎么回事 伯比奇被篡位了吗 |
[07:51] | Yes. And it’s no good you trying to object, | 没错 你最好别反对 |
[07:54] | because the musicians, the mob players, | 因为乐师 群演 |
[07:56] | the man who wobbles the thunder-sheet | 敲雷鸣器的人 |
[07:57] | and the front-of-house prostitutes are all with me. | 和前台的小姐都支持我 |
[08:00] | Hail, Kempe! Hail, Condell! | 坎普万岁 康戴尔万岁 |
[08:02] | Object? Why would I object? | 反对 我为什么要反对 |
[08:05] | Friends, prostitutes, strutty, shouty boys, | 朋友们 小姐们 趾高气扬的小伙们 |
[08:09] | pin back your lugholes. | 听好了 |
[08:11] | I come to bury Burbage, not to praise him. | 我是来批判伯比奇的 不是表扬他 |
[08:14] | Betrayed! | 这是背叛 |
[08:15] | Burbage was my friend, faithful and just to me. | 伯比奇是我的朋友 对我忠诚公正 |
[08:19] | But Condell says he was ambitious, | 但康戴尔说他野心勃勃 |
[08:21] | – and Condell is an honourable man. – Yes! | – 而且康戴尔是个值得尊敬的人 – 没错 |
[08:24] | Condell has said that Burbage doth hog the final bows | 康戴尔说伯比奇一个人独揽观众的欢呼 |
[08:28] | and will ever parp the loud and boisterous trouser trumpet | 还在其他演员文明演出时 |
[08:31] | during other actors’ quiet bits. | 放任戏裤发出响如喇叭的声响 |
[08:34] | – And Condell is an honourable man. – Hooray! | – 康戴尔是个值得尊敬的人 – 万岁 |
[08:37] | Yet, Burbage will always get his round in at the pub | 然而 伯比奇在酒吧的表演经常掌声雷鸣 |
[08:40] | and will keep us enthralled for many… many hours | 让我们数个钟头都沉醉其中 |
[08:44] | with but a single theatrical anecdote. | 一段戏剧趣闻就能让他抓住观众 |
[08:47] | Does this in Burbage seem ambitious? | 这是野心勃勃的表现吗 |
[08:50] | Yet Condell says he is ambitious, | 然而康戴尔说他野心勃勃 |
[08:52] | and Condell is an honourable man. | 康戴尔是个值得尊敬的人 |
[08:55] | Yeah… | 是… |
[08:56] | When all the company do venture forth for a celebratory supper | 所有人一起去享用庆祝晚宴 |
[08:59] | and the reckoning is brought, and some glutton or other doth cry, | 而买单时 有些贪食者又叫喊着 |
[09:02] | “Why don’t we just spit it equally?” | 我们何不平摊呢 |
[09:05] | ne’er will Burbage quibble that he only had a starter. | 伯比奇从不狡辩自己只吃了开胃菜 |
[09:09] | Does this in Burbage seem ambitious? | 这是野心勃勃的表现吗 |
[09:12] | Yet Condell says he is ambitious. | 然而康戴尔说他野心勃勃 |
[09:15] | And Condell is an honourable man. | 康戴尔是个值得尊敬的人 |
[09:18] | – Yeah… – See what he’s doing here, mate? | – 是… – 看到他在做什么了吗 朋友 |
[09:21] | He’s using the brilliant oratorical device of ironic repetition | 他在用绝妙的反讽重复式演说技巧 |
[09:23] | to turn the mob. | 扭转民意 |
[09:24] | You’ve been shafted. | 你情况不妙啊 |
[09:25] | But if we stand together, we can face down the mob. | 但我们团结一致 就能压住这些人 |
[09:28] | Yeah, right, gonna do that! | 没错 就这么办 |
[09:29] | Burbage is wronged! | 伯比奇是冤枉的 |
[09:31] | Condell be the traitor! | 康戴尔才是叛徒 |
[09:34] | Burbage is chief luvvie-kissie. | 伯比奇是首席演员 |
[09:35] | Hail, Burbage! | 伯比奇万岁 |
[09:36] | Hail, Burbage! | 伯比奇万岁 |
[09:38] | Will, your brilliant oratorical | 威廉 你绝妙的反讽重复式 |
[09:40] | device of ironic repetition has saved me. | 演说技巧救了我 |
[09:42] | Is there anything I can do for you? | 有什么我能为你做的吗 |
[09:44] | A drink? A lengthy theatrical anecdote? | 请你喝一杯 还是来一段长篇戏剧趣闻 |
[09:46] | Oh, well, that would be lovely, of course, | 那当然太好了 |
[09:48] | but what I’d really like to | 但我真正想谈的是 |
[09:50] | discuss is the casting of my teenage totty roles. | 给我的少女选角一事 |
[09:57] | I have come to see you once again, Miss Lucy, | 我又来拜访你了 露西小姐 |
[09:59] | because you are a strong woman who is both a woman and strong. | 因为你是一位强大的女性 既强大 又是女性 |
[10:04] | I am very strong. | 我很强大 |
[10:05] | If the angry hippo charges, do not whisper sweet words. | 若是愤怒的河马控制了局面 别再说甜言蜜语 |
[10:09] | Whack it with your assegai and make it your bitch. | 拿起长矛刺下去 让它成为你的猎物 |
[10:12] | Right. | 对 |
[10:14] | The thing is, my mother is | 事情是这样的 我母亲 |
[10:15] | shortly like to bonk herself off this mortal coil | 贪恋一次又一次的肉欲 |
[10:18] | with her insatiable appetite for bits of saucy ruffington. | 不久就会抛下尘世浮沉 |
[10:21] | And you are fearful, lest men circle like hyenas, | 而你很害怕 唯恐男人们如鬣狗般 |
[10:24] | steal your monies and feed on your soft flesh? | 偷你的钱 爬你的床吗 |
[10:28] | Well, I’m not sure I’d | 我应该没那么 |
[10:29] | mind them feeding on my soft flesh so much, | 介意他们对我动手动脚 |
[10:32] | you know, as long as it was done creatively and sensitively | 只要富有技巧 敏感体贴 |
[10:35] | with due consideration for my needs. | 并适当考虑我的需求就行 |
[10:38] | Good luck with that! | 那可祝你好运 |
[10:39] | It’s my cash I’m concerned about, and my property. | 我担心的是我的钱和房子 |
[10:42] | That’s why I have come to you. | 所以我来找你了 |
[10:44] | You have no man who claims to own you. | 没有哪个男人敢说拥有你 |
[10:47] | At least, not since you cut off the penis of the man who stole you from your village. | 至少 从你阉了拐你的人贩子后就没了 |
[10:52] | How do you avoid falling prey to exploitation? | 你是怎么逃过剥削的 |
[10:55] | Men are scared of me. | 男人害怕我 |
[10:57] | They think I’m a sorceress, and I do not deny it. | 他们认为我是女巫 我不否认 |
[11:00] | I tell them to beware, lest I shrink their privy parts. | 我让他们当心点 免得我缩小他们的蛋蛋 |
[11:05] | Look at these tiny testicle earrings. | 来看这个小蛋蛋耳环 |
[11:09] | I say that I tore them | 我说是拽下了男人的蛋蛋 |
[11:10] | from a man and shrunk them, but it is a lie. | 再将其缩小 但其实是唬人的 |
[11:14] | In fact, I just castrated a well-endowed gerbil. | 实际 我只是阉了一只大蛋蛋的沙鼠 |
[11:17] | Would you like to borrow them? | 你要借吗 |
[11:20] | Thanks awfully, | 非常感谢 |
[11:21] | but I don’t think I’d be very convincing trying to be scary. | 但我吓唬人可能没人信 |
[11:25] | But you must learn to be scary if you want to live alone. | 但如果你想独自生活 必须学会变得可怕 |
[11:28] | But I don’t want to live alone. | 但我不想独自生活 |
[11:29] | I just want to find a man who isn’t a selfish, entitled bastable. | 我就想找一个不自私的男人 |
[11:33] | So, as I said, you must | 如我所说 如果你想独自生活 |
[11:35] | learn to be scary if you want to live alone. | 必须学会变得可怕 |
[11:40] | “…Glories of this happy day.” | “… 分派今天的胜利的光荣吧” |
[11:43] | Finished! | 结束 |
[11:44] | Julius Caesar. | 《裘力斯·凯撒》 |
[11:46] | Best afternoon’s work I ever did. | 我最好的下午之作 |
[11:49] | And it won’t surprise you to learn that it’s brilliant. | 一如既往地出彩 |
[11:52] | I’m sure it is. | 我确信 |
[11:54] | Such an earth-shattering event. The death of Caesar. | 凯撒之死 这是惊天动地的大事情 |
[11:57] | Yes. Hard to believe that you thought I should set the play | 是的 你竟然让我写他 |
[12:00] | around his abortive British invasion of 55 BC. | 公元前五十五年他入侵英国失败 |
[12:04] | Thank goodness I didn’t listen to you! | 感谢老天 我没有听你的 |
[12:07] | Botsky, get this manuscript round to Greene’s. | 宝特姆 把稿件送去格林家 |
[12:10] | I hope he doesn’t try and find a way to deny it licence. | 我希望他不要想方设法地退稿 |
[12:13] | Oh, he’ll license it, all right. I’ve made sure of that. | 会过审的 我确定 |
[12:16] | And I must to the theatre. | 我得去剧院了 |
[12:18] | Time to use the favour Burbage owes me | 该去讨要伯比奇欠下的恩情了 |
[12:20] | to be rid of the ageing dragsome queenie-preenie | 并摆脱这个年老无趣 满腹牢骚的自恋鬼 |
[12:23] | who thinks the key to | 他还坚信 |
[12:24] | playing teenage girls is having pubic eyebrows. | 扮演少女的关键是阴毛做的假眉毛 |
[12:30] | Well? | 好看吗 |
[12:32] | What do you think? | 你觉得如何 |
[12:33] | Pretty saucy? | 迷人吗 |
[12:34] | Pretty sexy? | 性感吗 |
[12:36] | Did it myself using gunpowder and lemon juice. | 我自己用火药和柠檬汁染的 |
[12:40] | But why? | 为什么 |
[12:42] | Isn’t it obvious? I’m dead, | 不明显吗 过去的我已死 |
[12:43] | remember. I’m going to start life anew! | 我要开始崭新的人生 |
[12:45] | Kit Marlowe was known as | 大家都知道 基特·马洛 |
[12:47] | an utterly ravishing strawberry brunette, | 有一头超迷人的棕色秀发 |
[12:49] | not the drop-dead gorgeous human daffodil you see before you. | 与你眼前华丽无比的人型水仙花不同 |
[12:54] | This is the new me. | 一个全新的我 |
[12:57] | Being blond, I’ll be able to show | 拥有一头金发 我就能更多地展现出 |
[12:59] | my more sensitive, caring, non-gold-digging side. | 自己富有感知力 体贴 不拜金的一面 |
[13:02] | I’m not going to marry you, Mr Marlowe. | 我不会嫁给你的 马洛先生 |
[13:04] | Oh, come on, Kate! | 得了吧 凯特 |
[13:05] | It’s perfect! | 我们很搭 |
[13:06] | You need a husband, I need a new life and identity. | 你需要丈夫 而我需要新生活和新身份 |
[13:09] | You have a decent inheritance, an impressive property portfolio. | 你有一笔可观的遗产 一份瞩目的财产 |
[13:12] | I’ve got… | 我有… |
[13:13] | – A cod-dangle. – Exactly! | – 一根家伙而已 – 没错 |
[13:15] | You and half the people on the planet! | 这世界上一半人都有 |
[13:17] | Yes, but not like mine. | 没错 但都不像我的 |
[13:21] | We’re talking a Marlowe massive here. | “马”洛的可是重量级 |
[13:25] | If I marry, Mr Marlowe, it will | 如果我要结婚 马洛先生 |
[13:26] | not be for rumpy-pumpington, but for security, | 不是要性伴侣 而是要安全感 |
[13:29] | and you are the last man on Earth I would go to for that! | 而你会是我最后才会考虑的对象 |
[13:34] | I am sorry, Mr Condell, but you can’t play the totty any more. | 抱歉 康戴尔先生 但你不能再演少女了 |
[13:38] | Time to hang up your coconuts. | 终于不用男扮女装了 |
[13:40] | Betrayed! | 背叛 |
[13:42] | Betrayed! | 背叛 |
[13:43] | Et tu, Mr Shakespeare! | 你也有份吗 莎士比亚先生 |
[13:46] | Et tu, Mr Burbage! | 你也是吗 伯比奇先生 |
[13:48] | Look, we’re not saying you have to give up the boards completely. | 听着 我们没有让你彻底放弃舞台 |
[13:51] | Never. I am an actor. The boards are in my blood! | 不会的 我是名演员 舞台是我的生命 |
[13:55] | Oh, is that why your performances are so wooden? | 所以你的表演才那么呆板吗 |
[13:58] | Who said that? I did, so… | 谁说的 是我… |
[14:01] | It’s just that you will no longer play the ingenue. | 只是你不能再演天真无邪的少女了 |
[14:04] | You shall now take the male second leads. | 你将会扮演男二 |
[14:07] | Er, hello? | 嘿 |
[14:08] | I take the second leads, cos I’m big in Italy. | 我是男二 因为我在意大利很出名 |
[14:11] | In which case, I suggest you go and perform there. | 那样的话 我建议你去那儿表演 |
[14:13] | Betrayed. So betrayed. Like, mad betrayed. | 背叛 背叛 大背叛 |
[14:17] | There are loads of great parts. Enough for all. | 有许多重要角色 人人有份 |
[14:19] | For you, I thought Brutus, Mr Condell. | 康戴尔先生 我认为布鲁图斯一角适合你 |
[14:21] | And Mark Antony for Kempe. | 而坎普适合演马克·安东尼 |
[14:23] | Both are pivotal. Wait till you read them. | 两个都是核心角色 读了剧本你们就知道了 |
[14:25] | It’s not us that must needs read the play, | 威廉 要读剧本的人不是我们 |
[14:27] | though, Will, but Robert Greene. | 而是罗伯特·格林 |
[14:29] | And I must confess, I’m slightly worried on that score. | 老实说 我有些担心他怎么看 |
[14:31] | A play that includes assassination, regicide and betrayal | 包含了刺杀 弑君和背叛的剧本 |
[14:35] | must prove contentious, with Her Majesty’s life ever threatened. | 一定会使人议论 担心女王陛下的性命受到威胁 |
[14:39] | Greene could use just such an excuse to ban us. | 格林可以用这样的借口让我们禁演 |
[14:41] | Way ahead of you, Mr Burbage, way ahead of you. | 我很早很早前就想到了 伯比奇先生 |
[14:45] | The Crow is in my clutches at last! | 莎士比亚终于栽在我手里了 |
[14:49] | This extremely short Roman play be clearly seditious. | 这超短篇的罗马戏剧显然有煽动性 |
[14:54] | It celebrates the murder of a ruler. | 赞颂了对统治者的谋杀 |
[14:58] | Well, I will grant his application. | 我会批准他的申请 |
[15:03] | And when the play is performed… | 等到演出的时候… |
[15:06] | then cry, “Havoc,” And let slip the dogs of war. | “让战争的猛犬四出蹂躏吧” |
[15:12] | You see, I’ve only sent him half the play. | 要知道 我只给了他一半的剧本 |
[15:14] | He thinks it ends with the death of Caesar, | 他以为这剧以凯撒的死亡告终 |
[15:16] | but, in fact, Caesar dies at the beginning of Act III. | 但实际上 凯撒在第三幕开场就死了 |
[15:19] | Oh, I see. | 原来如此 |
[15:20] | Oh, yes, that is rather… | 十分机智… |
[15:22] | What?! | 慢着 |
[15:23] | Caesar dies halfway through the play?! | 演到一半凯撒就死了 |
[15:26] | Well, a bit less than half, in fact. About 40%. | 不到一半 实际上 大概演到百分之四十吧 |
[15:30] | But it’s the title role! | 但他是剧名里的角色 |
[15:31] | Well, you know, they talk | 在后半部分 |
[15:33] | about him quite a lot in the second half. | 其他角色会经常提起他 |
[15:35] | Talk about him?! | 提起他 |
[15:36] | You write a title role and | 你创造了个剧名角色 |
[15:38] | kill him off at the beginning of Act III? | 然后在第三幕开场就把他写死了吗 |
[15:40] | Betrayed! | 背叛 |
[15:42] | Betrayed! | 背叛 |
[15:43] | A second time betrayed! | 这是再度背叛 |
[15:45] | Et tu, Mr Shakespeare! | 你也背叛我吗 莎士比亚先生 |
[15:47] | I shall not present this play! | 我不会出演这部戏 |
[15:50] | We shall give Greene’s Bungay And Bacon instead. | 我们该去演格林的《僧人培根和僧人班格》 |
[15:54] | No, no, wait. Mr Burbage… | 别别别 伯比奇先生… |
[15:56] | What about if I brought Caesar back in Act IV… | 我在第四幕把凯撒再写回来怎么样… |
[15:58] | as a ghost? | 以鬼魂的形式 |
[16:02] | A ghost? You’d do that? No tricks? | 鬼魂 你会这么写吗 不是在骗我吧 |
[16:04] | Well, you know, if I have to. | 如果我一定得这么写的话 |
[16:06] | I suppose it might work. I… | 我猜这能行 |
[16:08] | could use my… deathly howl… | 我可以表演一下… 死灵哀嚎 |
[16:16] | Yes, absolutely. Or… | 当然 或者… |
[16:18] | Or else not. | 还是别了吧 |
[16:21] | Very well. Reluctantly, I agree. | 好吧 我勉强同意了 |
[16:23] | And when Greene tries to close us | 如果格林试图以结局弑君为理由 |
[16:24] | down for presenting a play that ends with regicide, | 让我们停演时 |
[16:27] | we will disgrace him by showing | 我们就演 |
[16:28] | how the conspirators all get their just deserts. | 阴谋家如何终食恶果来羞辱他 |
[16:31] | Yes, by being haunted and tormented | 没错 每一场 他们都被 |
[16:34] | by Caesar’s omniscient, ever-present, | 凯撒无所不知 无时不在 |
[16:37] | avenging, | 复仇心切 |
[16:38] | constantly ho-o-o-o-owling ghost | 不停哀嚎的鬼魂 |
[16:41] | in every single scene! | 纠缠和折磨 |
[16:42] | Absolutely. | 没错 |
[16:44] | Or maybe just briefly in Act IV, Scene III. | 或者只在第四幕第三场中简单提及 |
[16:47] | 16 words should do it, I think. | 十六个词就够了 我觉得 |
[16:53] | Right, I’m ready. | 我准备好了 |
[16:56] | – Ready for what? – The auditions, of course. | – 准备好什么了 – 当然是试镜 |
[16:59] | You’re choosing a new principal boy, aren’t you? | 你要选新演员 对吧 |
[17:01] | And since you’ve always | 你一直都承认 |
[17:02] | admitted that I play a girl better than any boy, | 我比任何男孩都更会演女孩 |
[17:05] | and also ’twas I who pointed | 而且用罗马人的策略对付康戴尔先生 |
[17:07] | out the Roman strategy that did for Mr Condell, | 也是我的主意 |
[17:09] | plus I left Plutarch’s Lives in the privy, | 而且把原著放在厕所的是我 |
[17:12] | plus I pointed out how to make the play Queen-friendly, | 解决了威胁女王的问题的也是我 |
[17:15] | I naturally presumed you’d | 我自然以为 |
[17:16] | let me try again to get into the company | 你会再给我一次加入剧院的机会 |
[17:18] | because I really, really want to, and it’s my dream! | 因为我真的很想加入 这是我的梦想 |
[17:20] | Look, I’m sorry, Kate, really I am, but it’s the law, | 我真的很抱歉 凯特 但这是法律规定 |
[17:23] | and the law has zero respect for women. | 而且法律对女性没有尊重可言 |
[17:25] | Because the law was made by men! | 因为法律都是男人制定的 |
[17:28] | I’m sorry, Kate. | 我很抱歉 凯特 |
[17:29] | Your heart and mind are of the finest, | 你的心灵是最美好的 |
[17:31] | and yet, for want of a cod-dangle, | 然而 因为你不带把 |
[17:33] | you be lowlier than any base and stupid rogue in Albion. | 你的地位就比大英任何卑贱愚蠢的无赖更卑微 |
[17:37] | Your only hope for comfort and security is to marry. | 你获得舒适和安全的唯一希望就是婚姻 |
[17:42] | He’s right, Kate. | 他说得对 凯特 |
[17:47] | Are we looking dreamy and hot? | 我们是不是看起来梦幻又火辣 |
[17:49] | Look, reading poetry. | 看 我在读诗 |
[17:50] | So sensitive! | 多么感性 |
[17:54] | It’s upside down. | 你拿反了 |
[18:00] | Thy lips are warm. | 你的嘴唇还是温暖的 |
[18:02] | Yea, noise? | 啊 人声吗 |
[18:03] | Then I’ll be brief. | 那么我必须快一点了结 |
[18:05] | O happy dagger! | 啊 好刀子 |
[18:06] | This is thy sheath. | 这就是你的鞘子 |
[18:08] | There rust, and let me die. | 你插了进去 让我死了吧 |
[18:15] | I also have dance, intermediary stage fighting and some tumbling. | 我还准备了舞蹈 中间那段打斗和翻跟斗 |
[18:19] | Impressive. | 十分出色 |
[18:20] | My accents are West Country: Ooh arr! | 我可以说西南部口音”呜啊” |
[18:23] | And Scottish: Och aye! | 和苏格兰口音”哦哈” |
[18:25] | And those are the hard ones. | 这些都是很难的 |
[18:27] | Gentlemen, we have found our boy. | 先生们 这就是我们要找的男孩 |
[18:30] | Girl, Burbage. I’m sure of it. | 这是女孩 伯比奇 我确定 |
[18:33] | It’s happened again. | 历史重演了 |
[18:34] | Another nasty little bitchington | 又是一个想要混进剧院的 |
[18:36] | trying to lie her way into the theatre. | 卑贱的小丫头 |
[18:38] | I demand that the Master of Revels be called | 我要求把宴乐官喊来 |
[18:40] | to study this person’s credentials. | 检验一下这个人的资格 |
[18:43] | Well, Mr Burbage, I have studied this person’s credentials, | 伯比奇先生 我验过了 |
[18:48] | and, while small and lacking in maturity, | 虽然尚未发育完全 |
[18:50] | all is present and correct. | 但一切都没问题 |
[18:52] | But he’s got boobingtons. | 但是他有胸部 |
[18:54] | Oh, yes, I forgot to mention that. | 哦 我忘记说了 |
[18:56] | I have dance, stage fighting, | 我会舞蹈 舞台打斗 |
[18:58] | various accents and can supply own breasts. | 各种口音 还自备胸部 |
[19:00] | Ridiculous! | 一派胡言 |
[19:02] | Where would he put the coconuts? | 那他要把椰子放在哪里 |
[19:03] | How can this be, Mr Greene? | 这怎么可能 格林先生 |
[19:05] | Toby is a hermaphrodite, Mr Burbage. | 托比是两性人 伯比奇先生 |
[19:08] | But such folk are a myth. | 但这种人都是虚构的 |
[19:09] | On the contrary. To be born with some of the physical attributes of both sexes | 事实上 天生具有两性特征的情况 |
[19:12] | is a recognised medical condition. | 已经被医学证实了 |
[19:15] | Some societies embrace such differences. | 有些社会接受了这种差异 |
[19:18] | Ours does not. | 我们并没有 |
[19:19] | Sirrah, what sex be you? | 小子 你是什么性别 |
[19:21] | D’you know, I’m quite conflicted about that, actually. | 事实上我对此感到很矛盾 |
[19:23] | How be you described in the records at your parish church? | 你在教区教堂记录的性别是什么 |
[19:27] | – Boy, sir. – In that case, you are a boy by law. | – 男 – 那样的话 在法律上你是男性 |
[19:31] | And, Mr Shakespeare… | 莎士比亚先生… |
[19:33] | Do hurry along with your Julius Caesar play. | 尽快排练你那部凯撒的剧 |
[19:35] | I am so looking forward to the first night. | 我很期待首演之夜 |
[19:38] | Good day. | 再见 |
[19:41] | Well, funny old world, eh? | 真是没料到 |
[19:43] | Welcome to the company, Toby. | 欢迎加入剧组 托比 |
[19:44] | I’ faith, if this Toby joins us, | 我确信 如果托比加入 |
[19:46] | I will ne’er play the totty again. | 我就再也没机会演年轻女郎了 |
[19:48] | Thus must I plot against him. | 所以我得暗中算计他 |
[19:52] | Mr Kempe, you’re big in Italy. | 坎普先生 你在意大利是个大人物 |
[19:54] | Hast thou the address of the Milano Commedia Dell’Arte? | 你知不知道米兰即兴喜剧团的地址 |
[19:58] | Hoping to get a new gig with my Italian mates? | 想要和我的意大利朋友一起演出吗 |
[20:01] | Not gonna happen. | 门都没有 |
[20:02] | They don’t want some washed-up, | 他们不会想要你这种 |
[20:04] | bog-standard, old mincing slap like you. | 被淘汰的毫无特色的老家伙 |
[20:06] | They’re only interested in the fascinating and unique, | 他们只喜欢 迷人而独特 |
[20:09] | the different and the intriguing. | 别致而有趣的类型 |
[20:12] | You’ve got no chance. | 你根本没机会 |
[20:13] | Well, you won’t mind giving me the address, then, will you? | 那你不介意把地址告诉我吧 |
[20:18] | Brilliant news. | 好消息 |
[20:19] | We’ve found our new principal girl, and ’tis a very miracle, | 我们找到了新的女主演 神奇的是 |
[20:22] | for, though he be legally a boy, he has his own boobingtons!. | 虽然在法律上他是男性 但他居然有胸部 |
[20:26] | ‘Tis a very gift to the theatre, | 这简直是剧院的天赐好礼 |
[20:28] | for what possible type of person could be better to play a girl | 还有什么样的人会比有胸的男孩 |
[20:32] | than a boy with boobingtons? | 更适合演女孩 |
[20:34] | I just can’t think, Mr Shakespeare. | 我竟想不出答案 莎士比亚先生 |
[20:36] | It’s a mystery! | 真是个谜 |
[20:38] | I don’t make the law, Kate. | 不是我立的法 凯特 |
[20:40] | Now, meet my new ingenue. | 来见见新的天真少女 |
[20:42] | Hello, everybody. I’m Toby. | 大家好 我是托比 |
[20:44] | He has natural talent, but it is unrefined and lacks technique. | 他有天赋 但未被打磨 缺乏技巧 |
[20:48] | So, I was hoping that perhaps | 所以 我希望 |
[20:49] | you might give him a few acting lessons, Kate. | 你能教教他怎么表演 凯特 |
[20:51] | I’d be ever so grateful, Miss Kate. | 我无比感激 凯特小姐 |
[20:53] | God, talk about twisting the knife! | 天呐 这是在往伤口上撒盐 |
[20:55] | All right. | 好吧 |
[20:57] | Hang on. I should teach him. I used to show Kate how to act. | 慢着 该由我来教 我以前教过凯特表演 |
[21:02] | Not quite how I remember it. | 我印象里可不是这样 |
[21:03] | You teach Toby to act, Botsky? | 你要教托比表演吗 宝特姆 |
[21:05] | And from what fantastical world of vanity and self-delusion | 从何而来的自负和自欺 |
[21:08] | comes this outrageous claim? | 能让你说出如此无耻的话 |
[21:10] | I’ve seen all your actors | 我看过你们那所有的演员 |
[21:11] | acting your stuff right back to Henry IV, Part 1. | 表演《亨利四世》第一部分 |
[21:14] | I know the tricks. | 我知道窍门 |
[21:16] | Basically, to do Shakespeare… | 基本上 演莎士比亚的剧本… |
[21:18] | you have to shout a bit! | 首先来个咆哮 |
[21:20] | Then go quiet and tense a bit… before… | 然后沉默不出声 气氛绷紧… 接着… |
[21:23] | shouting again! | 再次咆哮 |
[21:25] | Then you have to make a sudden pause | 然后台词中间你要突然 |
[21:26] | right in the middle of a word for no rea… | 停顿一下 没有理… |
[21:29] | …son at all. | … 由 |
[21:31] | Also, you have to randomly em-pha-sise certain syll-ables, | 还有 你还要重读某些音节 |
[21:36] | also for no appa… | 也是毫无… |
[21:38] | …rent rea-son. | … 理… 由 |
[21:40] | And… that… | 而… 这… |
[21:42] | …is how you… | … 就是如何… |
[21:43] | act… | 表演… |
[21:45] | Shake… speare! | 莎士… 比亚的剧 |
[21:50] | Actually, Toby, that is basically it. | 其实 托比 他说的基本全对 |
[21:53] | And then you have to get pisslingtoned over a nice little supper | 庆功宴上你还得一脸懊恼 |
[21:56] | and tell everyone you were awful | 跟大家说你表现得太糟糕了 |
[21:58] | and they have to say, “No, no, you were brilliant, darling.” | 他们就会说 “不 不 亲爱的 你棒极了” |
[22:03] | Yes, that bit’s very important, too. | 没错 这一部分也很重要 |
[22:05] | Anyway, acting lesson or not, | 上不上表演课先不说 |
[22:06] | Toby is going to stay with us for a few days | 托比这几天都要和咱们待在一起 |
[22:08] | till Burbage can sort him out some pay and lodgings. | 直到伯比奇解决他的薪水和住宿问题 |
[22:11] | Just so I know, is he above or below me in the pecking order? | 我想问一下 他的地位比我高还是低 |
[22:13] | Botsky, you’re not even in the pecking order. | 宝特姆 你压根没有地位 |
[22:18] | Betrayed. | 背叛 |
[22:20] | Betrayed. | 背叛啊 |
[22:24] | So, Toby, tell me a bit about yourself. | 托比介绍一下自己吧 |
[22:27] | There’s not that much to tell, Miss Kate. | 其实没什么好说的 凯特小姐 |
[22:29] | I’m just like any other 16-year-old. | 我跟其他十六岁的少年没什么区别 |
[22:30] | Apart from having been born | 除了生来同时具备 |
[22:32] | with both male and female sexual characteristics? | 男女两种性征 |
[22:35] | Yeah, apart from that. | 是的 除了这一点 |
[22:37] | And what about your family? | 那你的家人呢 |
[22:38] | Oh, lost to me now. | 现在没有联系了 |
[22:39] | I ran away from home when I started growing bosoms. | 自从我长出乳房 我就离家出走了 |
[22:41] | Were you bullied and abused most horribly | 难道仅仅因为生来与他人不同 |
[22:43] | for the innocent crime of being born different? | 你就饱受欺凌与侮辱吗 |
[22:46] | Oh, no, my parents were really, really understanding, | 没有 我的父母非常 非常开明 |
[22:48] | giving me the choice of | 让我自由选择 |
[22:49] | whether I wanted to live as a boy or a girl. | 做男孩还是女孩 |
[22:51] | Oh, that’s wonderful! | 真是太棒了 |
[22:53] | Yeah. People in my village were great, too. | 村民也很友善 |
[22:55] | Offering me the use of | 任我使用 |
[22:56] | either the male or female groaning ditches. | 男厕或女厕 |
[22:58] | Or, if I preferred, they were | 甚至如果我愿意 |
[23:00] | prepared to declare both ditches non-sex defined. | 他们都准备宣布两种厕所都无性别之分 |
[23:03] | In fact, after a unanimous vote at the parish council, | 实际上 教区委员会举行了一场不记名投票 |
[23:05] | the whole village decided to declare itself gender neutral. | 我们决定成为性别中立村 |
[23:08] | Oh! That is incredible. I mean, amazing! | 太不可思议了 真令人赞叹 |
[23:12] | Never did I think such | 我从未想到 |
[23:14] | tolerance possible in our cruel, cruel times. | 在这样残酷无情的时代还能有这样的包容存在 |
[23:17] | Except that was just in my dream. | 这些只存在于我的梦里 |
[23:18] | In fact, I was bullied horribly and shunned by all. | 其实我被欺负得很惨 所有人都排斥我 |
[23:21] | My mum had herself exorcised | 牧师告诉我的母亲 |
[23:22] | after the priest told her | 恶魔夜半时分曾降临她身侧 |
[23:23] | that the Devil had visited her in the night | 将怪物的种子植入她的子宫之后 |
[23:25] | and implanted the seed of a monster in her womb. | 她就开始找人给自己驱邪了 |
[23:28] | Oh, Toby, I’m so sorry. | 托比 我很抱歉 |
[23:30] | But then I heard that the village of my dreams really did exist, | 但之后我听说我梦中那种村落真的存在 |
[23:33] | that there was a place I’d be welcomed and accepted, | 有这样一个地方 我会受到欢迎 被人接纳 |
[23:35] | a world where people didn’t | 在这个世界 人们不会 |
[23:37] | judge you for your gender or sexual preference, | 因性别或性取向而对你指指点点 |
[23:40] | a place where everyone rejoiced in the rich and varied tapestry | 在这个地方 人们多姿多彩 各有不同 |
[23:43] | of the human rainbow. | 所有人欢聚一堂 |
[23:44] | – The theatre! – Yes. The theatre! | – 剧院 – 对 就是剧院 |
[23:48] | You’d found your home. | 你找到你的归宿了 |
[23:49] | – I like it here, Kate… | 我在这很开心 凯特… |
[23:51] | with you. | 尤其是和你在一起 |
[24:00] | When beggars die, there are no comets seen. | 乞丐死了的时候 天上不会有彗星出现 |
[24:04] | The heavens themselves blaze forth the death of princes. | 君王们的凋殒才会上感天象 |
[24:06] | Cowards die many times before their deaths. | 懦夫在未死以前 就已经死过好多次 |
[24:09] | The valiant never taste of death but once. | 勇士一生只死一次 |
[24:11] | Oh, do not go forth today! | 今天请不要出去 |
[24:13] | He’s so good. Well done, Kate! | 他演技真好 干得漂亮 凯特 |
[24:16] | Thanks, Mr Shakespeare. | 非常感谢 莎士比亚先生 |
[24:17] | I enjoyed teaching him. | 教他很有成就感 |
[24:19] | Toby is such a sweet, sweet boy. | 托比这男孩是如此乖巧 贴心 |
[24:21] | Too showy, lacks depth. | 浮于表面 缺乏深度 |
[24:23] | And also, curiously, I don’t find his breasts convincing. | 而且我很好奇 他的胸好像不是很明显 |
[24:27] | Look, though! See, Greene hovers in the wings. | 看 格林在边上徘徊 |
[24:30] | He is come to cock my snook. | 他是过来砸场子的 |
[24:33] | But, verily, ’tis I who will snook his cock! | 但最后看谁出洋相 |
[24:40] | Et… | 你也 |
[24:41] | tu, Bru… | 有份吗 布鲁… |
[24:44] | te! | 图 |
[24:48] | Incredible talent. He got a shout, | 真是天赋异禀 短短四个音节 |
[24:50] | a whisper, a pause and a random emphasis | 他表现了 咆哮 低语 停顿以及 |
[24:52] | into four syllables. | 一个无意义的重音 |
[24:54] | A very masterclass in Shakespearean acting. | 绝对的莎士比亚画风啊 |
[25:00] | I am closing this theatre! | 我要关掉这家剧院 |
[25:04] | All involved will be taken to the Tower. | 参演的人都会被关进伦敦塔 |
[25:08] | This play is naught but a traitorous incitement to regicide. | 这场戏剧毫无意义 只会煽动人民弑君反叛 |
[25:14] | It isn’t finished yet. | 戏剧还未完结 |
[25:15] | – What? – Didn’t you read the rest? | – 什么 – 你没读到后面吗 |
[25:18] | I’m sure I sent it you. | 我确定寄给你了 |
[25:19] | The rest? | 后面的部分 |
[25:20] | Look, here. | 就在这 |
[25:21] | Sorry… Spoiler alert!… Don’t listen. | 抱歉 前方剧透 捂紧你们的小耳朵哟 |
[25:24] | Caesar’s murderers are first rejected by the mob, | 刺杀凯撒之人先是被暴徒攻击 |
[25:26] | then hounded in battle and | 而后又为战争所扰 |
[25:28] | finally fall upon their own swords in penance, | 最终以自己的匕首忏悔自杀 |
[25:31] | which, I think you’ll agree, is not very traitorous at all. | 我想你也认为 这种结局完全不是煽动反叛吧 |
[25:36] | Betray-ed… | 背叛 |
[25:38] | Betray-ed. | 背叛啊 |
[25:39] | Et tu, Shakespeare! | 你也背叛我吗 莎士比亚 |
[25:46] | The play may proceed! | 演出继续 |
[25:49] | A hit! Verily a hit! | 成功了 咱们大获成功 |
[25:51] | The box office goeth bonkers. | 票都卖疯了 |
[25:54] | Hello, everybody. | 各位 |
[25:55] | Um, I just wanted to say… I couldn’t be happier. | 我想说… 这是我人生最幸福的时刻 |
[25:58] | Not just cos I’ve found my true home in the theatre… | 不仅是因为我在剧院找到了真正的归宿… |
[26:00] | Well said! | 说的好 |
[26:02] | …but also because Miss Kate has asked me to be her husband. | 还因为凯特小姐向我求了婚 |
[26:09] | Blimey. | 天啊 |
[26:10] | You did it, Kate. | 你竟然做到了 凯特 |
[26:11] | You actually found a man in touch with his female side. | 你真的找到了一个有着女性一面的男人 |
[26:15] | Congratulations to you both. | 祝福二位 |
[26:17] | Toby, might I have a word? | 托比 打扰一下 |
[26:20] | There’s an Italian gentleman outside I’d like you to meet. | 外面有位意大利绅士 我想你需要见一下 |
[26:23] | I shan’t be a moment, my love. | 稍等我一下 亲爱的 |
[26:29] | Katie, are you sure about this, considering…? | 凯特 你确定要… |
[26:32] | Toby is a man by law, Mr Shakespeare. | 托比法律上来讲就是男人 莎士比亚先生 |
[26:34] | A very sweet and gentle man. | 贴心又温柔 |
[26:37] | I need a husband, Toby needs kindness and protection. | 我需要一个丈夫 托比需要善意和保护 |
[26:40] | But, Kate, what of love? | 但是 凯特 你的爱情怎么办 |
[26:42] | In our exclusively patriarchal society, | 在这万恶的男权社会 |
[26:46] | a woman is lucky indeed if she is able to marry for love. | 一个女人若能嫁给爱情 那她确实很幸运 |
[26:49] | I am happy to marry for friendship. | 若能嫁给友谊 我也很开心 |
[26:51] | Kate! | 凯特 |
[26:52] | Kate! You won’t believe it! | 凯特 不敢置信 |
[26:55] | Mr Condell arranged for | 康戴尔先生安排了 |
[26:56] | a casting scout from the Commedia Dell’Arte | 米兰即兴喜剧团的选角主管 |
[26:59] | to attend the play, and they want me! | 来观看咱们的戏剧 他们看上我了 |
[27:02] | I leave for Italy tonight! | 我今晚就要去意大利了 |
[27:03] | Toby… | 托比… |
[27:05] | What of our engagement? | 那咱们的婚约怎么办 |
[27:11] | Oh, I guess that’s… sort of off. | 我想可能… 就算了 |
[27:13] | Kate, I’m… going to be big in Italy. | 凯特 我会… 在意大利扬名立万的 |
[27:17] | I need to pack. | 我得收拾东西去了 |
[27:21] | Lesson learned, Miss Kate. | 吃个教训吧 凯特小姐 |
[27:24] | Toby may be a boy, or he may be a girl, | 托比可能是个男孩 或者女孩 |
[27:27] | and he may choose to be neither, | 他还可能两边都不选 |
[27:30] | but, above all, he is an actor. | 但是 归根结底 他是一名演员 |
[27:33] | And an actor will always, always | 而一名演员 永远 永远 |
[27:36] | take the better offer. | 都会做出对自己更有利的选择 |
[27:40] | Betrayed. | 背叛 |
[27:41] | Betrayed. | 背叛啊 |
[27:42] | Et tu, Toby. | 你也背叛我吗 托比 |
[27:48] | It really is outrageous that women be not allowed to act. | 不允许女人表演真是太荒谬了 |
[27:51] | Kate would be brilliant, if only it were legal. | 凯特会惊艳世人的 只要人们允许她上台 |
[27:54] | Well, it wouldn’t do her much good in | 但是在《裘力斯·凯撒》中 |
[27:55] | Julius Caesar, would it? | 她不会有什么戏份的 不是吗 |
[27:57] | What do you mean, my sweet? | 什么意思 亲爱的 |
[27:58] | Well, there are only two women’s | 整部戏只有两个女人 |
[28:00] | parts in it and both of them are absolute crappage. | 而这两个女子都是附庸 |
[28:03] | Particularly Calpurnia. | 尤其是卡尔普尼亚 |
[28:05] | Oh, you noticed that, did you? | 你注意到这点了 对吗 |
[28:06] | Oh, just a bit! | 只窥见些端倪 |
[28:08] | She gets one tiny scene | 她只有短短一幕 |
[28:09] | and all she does is talk about her husband. | 而她唯一做的就是谈论她的丈夫 |
[28:12] | Well, give it time, my love. | 慢慢来吧 亲爱的 |
[28:14] | One day there’ll be as many | 总有一天 |
[28:15] | decent parts for women as there are for men. | 女性的戏份也会和男性一样出彩 |
[28:18] | Then perhaps will finally | 或许终有一日 |
[28:20] | come a script in which women get the last word. | 会有剧本以女人的台词来结尾 |
[28:26] | Kind of doubt it. | 有点不能苟同 |