时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:16] | 去吧 我跟着你 出自《哈姆雷特》第一幕 第四场 | |
[00:20] | Oh, Hamnet, you do look lovely. | 哈姆尼特 你真可爱 |
[00:23] | Every heart will melt. | 看见你心都要化了 |
[00:25] | Oh, Nan! | 噢 奶奶 |
[00:26] | A proper little English | 一位正直的英国绅士 |
[00:27] | gentleman on the most important day of his life. | 正处在他人生中最重要的时刻 |
[00:30] | Most important, Mum? Really? | 最重要 真的吗 |
[00:32] | It’s his confirmation, Will. | 这可是他的坚信礼 威廉 |
[00:33] | He’s to be welcomed into the Church. | 他会被被迎入教堂 |
[00:36] | And if you go spoiling it with your bloomin’ scepticism, | 而如果你要用你那怀疑论毁了这一切 |
[00:38] | I shall never forgive you. | 我就永远不会原谅你 |
[00:40] | How can you suggest such a thing, Anne? | 你怎么能这么想 安妮 |
[00:42] | I will treat the spectacle | 我们腐败又酗酒的牧师 |
[00:43] | of our corrupt and drunken old sot of a vicar | 向我索要一大笔钱 |
[00:45] | taking a large wodge of my cash | 只为让哈姆尼特加入他们这些杀人凶手 |
[00:47] | to induct Hamnet into his mob of murderers, inquisitors, | 异端审判者 伪君子和变态者 |
[00:51] | hypocrites and perverts with due solemnity. | 此等奇观 我当然会肃穆待之 |
[00:55] | Now, just you look here, Will Shakespeare. | 给我听好 威廉·莎士比亚 |
[00:56] | I know there’s plenty of wrong ‘uns in the clergy, | 我知道神职人员中有许多不当行为 |
[00:59] | but Hamnet ain’t being welcomed by them. | 但哈姆尼特并不是在受他们的迎接 |
[01:01] | Not in my mind. | 我不这么认为 |
[01:02] | He’s being welcomed by God | 接纳他的是上帝 |
[01:04] | and the love that surpasseth all understanding. | 以及超越一切理解的爱 |
[01:07] | Well, you’ve got that right. | 你说得很有道理 |
[01:08] | A love that consists principally of torturing and burning people | 这种爱让人们折磨或者烧死那些 |
[01:11] | who believe in exactly the same God as you | 与自己信仰相同的神的人 |
[01:13] | but use slightly more candles | 只不过他们多用一些蜡烛 |
[01:15] | and wear slightly sillier hats while doing it | 礼拜的时候帽子也更滑稽些 |
[01:18] | is pretty hard to get your head round. | 这样的爱可真难捉摸 |
[01:20] | Don’t do this, Will, I’m warning you! | 别这样 威廉 我警告你 |
[01:22] | Hamnet’s confirmation means a lot to me, | 哈姆尼特的坚信礼对我来说意义重大 |
[01:25] | and you absolutely promised you’d be there. | 而你向我保证过到时你会在场 |
[01:27] | I know that, wife, and I will. | 我知道 亲爱的太太 我会的 |
[01:29] | Although I can’t imagine God’s bothered either way. | 不过我猜上帝可不会在场 |
[01:32] | What would you know about what bothers God? | 你怎么懂上帝 |
[01:34] | I don’t think you even believe in him! | 我甚至觉得你不信仰祂 |
[01:36] | For the avoidance of being burned alive, Mum, I do. | 为了避免被活活烧死 妈妈 我还是信仰的 |
[01:40] | We have so much to be thankful for! | 我们有那么多事情要感恩呢 |
[01:42] | One in three kids dies before they’re 11, you know. | 三分之一的孩子在十一岁之前就会死去 |
[01:45] | Ours have all made it. | 但我们家的都挺过来了 |
[01:47] | I’m aware of the child mortality rates, Anne. | 我知道孩童死亡率 安妮 |
[01:49] | Another aspect of God’s love | 这正是上帝之爱的另一方面 |
[01:51] | that definitely surpasseth all understanding. | 绝对是超越一切理解 |
[01:54] | Life’s a mystery, Will, and you may have a very big brain, | 生活就是个谜团 威廉 你可能天马行空 |
[01:57] | but there are more things in Heaven and Earth | 天地之间有许多事情 |
[02:00] | than are dreamt of in your philosophy. | 是你的哲学里所没有梦想到的呢 |
[02:02] | In faith, she may be an illiterate milking-slap | 作为目不识丁的挤牛奶女工 |
[02:04] | but she can coin a phrase! | 她挺会造句的 |
[02:08] | That was a corker! | 刚刚那句真不错 |
[02:10] | Discreetly will I jot it down. | 我要记下来 |
[02:12] | Anne’s right. It’s time you counted your blessings. | 安妮是对的 你该感恩上帝了 |
[02:15] | You’re richer than your dad ever was, | 你现在比你父亲任何时候都富裕 |
[02:17] | and he’s been thieving all his life. | 而他终其一生都在偷窃 |
[02:19] | Not thieving, love, not any more. | 没有 亲爱的 再也没试过了 |
[02:22] | Common people are thieves, | 普通人才偷窃 |
[02:24] | and I am a gentleman now. | 而我现在是一位绅士了 |
[02:26] | So it’s just creative accounting. | 我现在只进行创造性会计 |
[02:30] | And the more you do of it, | 越这么做 |
[02:31] | the more likely you’ll get a knighthood. | 就越容易获得骑士地位 |
[02:33] | Oh! Husband, such a giddy prospect! | 哦 我的丈夫 多么令人晕眩的光辉前景啊 |
[02:37] | Do you think you could steal enough to earn a knighthood? | 你觉得你能偷到足够多的财富来受封骑士吗 |
[02:41] | As an English gentleman, it is my duty to try. | 作为一位绅士 我有义务尝试 |
[02:47] | Dad, you’ve got a letter off the London coach. | 老爸 伦敦来的四轮大马车送来一封信 |
[02:49] | Oh, thank you, Judith. Wonder what this could be. | 谢谢 茱蒂丝 会是什么呢 |
[02:52] | Oh, my giddy, goody godlingtons! | 我亲爱的的老天爷啊 |
[02:54] | There’s to be London theatre awards! | 他们要设一个伦敦戏剧奖 |
[02:56] | What’s that when it’s at home? | 那是什么 |
[02:57] | A glittering, star-studded evening | 一个众星闪耀的夜晚 |
[02:59] | in which the cream of London’s theatre | 伦敦剧院的精英们 |
[03:01] | will compete for curiously shaped statuettes. | 将为一些奇形怪状的奖杯进行竞争 |
[03:06] | There’s to be awards for best play, best comedy, best revival, | 有最佳戏剧奖 最佳喜剧奖 最佳重演奖 |
[03:09] | and I am nominated in all categories! | 而我被所有这些奖项提名了 |
[03:12] | This is absolutely brilliant. I shall win the lot. | 真是不能更棒了 我该赢下全部 |
[03:15] | Well, how can you be so sure? | 你怎么就这么确定呢 |
[03:16] | Because I’m the greatest writer that ever lived. | 因为我是世界上最伟大的作家 |
[03:18] | But also because the last plague | 也是因为上次的瘟疫 |
[03:20] | forced most of London’s companies on the road. | 把大多数剧团困在了路上 |
[03:22] | There’s scarcely been any shows in town but mine all year. | 一整年里除了我的剧几乎没演别的 |
[03:25] | I’ll sweep the board. | 我会大获全胜 |
[03:27] | The ceremony’s on the second Tuesday after Michael-Maundy Thursday. | 庆典会在濯足节后的第二个周二举行 |
[03:31] | That’s the date of Hamnet’s confirmation. | 那天恰好是哈姆尼特的坚信礼 |
[03:33] | You’ll have to change it. | 那你得改期 |
[03:34] | Change it? Will, this isn’t a bloomin’ tea party. | 改期 威廉 这可不是什么茶话会 |
[03:38] | Actually, it is a tea party, Mum. | 事实上 那就是个茶话会 妈妈 |
[03:40] | You’ve invited all the aunties round for cake. | 你邀请了七大姑八大婆来吃蛋糕 |
[03:43] | Snotty, stuck-up bitchingtons. | 都是些自大的婊子 |
[03:45] | My sisters are not snotty, stuck-up bitchingtons. | 我的姐妹们才不是自大的婊子 |
[03:48] | Gran, they so are! | 奶奶 她们就是 |
[03:50] | They are not! | 绝对不是 |
[03:51] | They are as down-to-earth and as approachable as I am. | 她们像我一样脚踏实地 平易近人 |
[03:54] | Exactly! | 正是 |
[03:57] | Hamnet has an appointment with God, | 哈姆尼特与上帝有约在先 |
[03:59] | and you promised you’d be there. | 你保证过你会出席 |
[04:00] | What could be more important than his spiritual wellbeing? | 还有什么比他精神上的幸福更重要呢 |
[04:04] | The London bloomin’ Theatre Awards, that’s what! | 这个该死的伦敦戏剧奖啊 |
[04:06] | And, quite frankly, if God considers that | 而且 老实说 如果仅仅因为 |
[04:08] | Hamnet’s soul will be of greater spiritual value | 你们给哈姆尼特穿上荷叶边礼服 |
[04:11] | because you’ve dressed him up in a ruffle | 邀请亲戚们前来吃蛋糕 |
[04:13] | and invited the aunties round for cake, | 上帝就认为哈姆尼特的灵魂升值了 |
[04:15] | then, for an omniscient deity, | 那么 作为无所不知的神明 |
[04:16] | I fear he lacks self-confidence. | 我恐怕他也太缺乏自信了 |
[04:20] | I’m going to my bloomin’ awards night, | 我会去参加颁奖之夜 |
[04:21] | and so if you want me at Hamnet’s confirmation | 如果你们希望我出席哈姆尼特的坚信礼 |
[04:23] | you’ll just have to go to the vicar and change the date! | 你们得去牧师那儿改期 |
[04:26] | You’re a selfish man, Will Shakespeare! | 真是自私 威廉·莎士比亚 |
[04:29] | A horrible, selfish man! | 你自私的讨厌鬼 |
[04:31] | But, wife, a horrible, | 太太 我是在伦敦戏剧奖评选中 |
[04:32] | selfish man who’s been nominated in several categories | 被提名多项奖项的 |
[04:35] | at the London Theatre Awards. | 自私的讨厌鬼 |
[04:38] | Happy in my own skin. | 快乐做自己 |
[04:42] | Well, this is most unexpected. | 真是出乎意料 |
[04:45] | A summons from the Master of the Inns of Court | 伦敦四大律师学院邀请我们 |
[04:47] | to give a private Sunday-night performance. | 在周日晚上举办私人演出 |
[04:49] | Oh, what’s the play? | 演什么戏 |
[04:50] | A revival of Robert Greene’s Friar Bacon And Friar Bungay. | 重演罗伯特·格林的《僧人培根与僧人邦格》 |
[04:53] | Oh, dear God, no. | 老天 不了吧 |
[04:55] | Oh, worst play ever. | 世上最糟糕的戏剧 |
[04:56] | Even I can’t make it work, and I’m a genius. | 即便是我这样的天才也无法拯救 |
[04:58] | Yes, ’tis a very mystery why anyone would wish to revive it. | 是啊 为什么有人希望它重演 真是奇怪 |
[05:01] | – I’m not interested. – Nor me. | – 我一点不感兴趣 – 我也不 |
[05:03] | The money’s good and a fine dinner promised. | 薪水很高 提供美味的晚餐 |
[05:04] | – I’ll do it. – Me too. | – 我去 – 我也 |
[05:10] | So dispiriting! | 真令人沮丧 |
[05:12] | I’ve been standing in the market all day, | 我在市场站了一整天 |
[05:14] | and not a single mark be made upon my petition. | 却无人在我的请愿书上签字 |
[05:17] | – Petition, Kate? – Yes. | – 什么请愿书 凯特 – 是这样 |
[05:18] | I plan to appeal to the municipal authorities to ban bear-baiting. | 我向市政府请愿 禁止逗熊游戏 |
[05:22] | Why would you want to ban bear-baiting? It’s a laugh. | 为什么你想禁止它 那很好笑啊 |
[05:25] | Get a bear, you tie an enraged and distressed ape to its back, | 抓一只熊 背上绑一只暴怒痛苦的猴子 |
[05:28] | tether it in an arena and | 把它拴上链子 关进圆形斗兽场 |
[05:30] | then set a pack of half-starved dogs on it. | 然后放出一群饿得半死的狗 |
[05:33] | I mean, what’s not to like? | 我想问 这有什么不好的 |
[05:34] | That it’s sickeningly cruel and disgustingly savage! | 这务必残忍 野蛮得令人作呕 |
[05:38] | As I say, what’s not to like? | 我就问了 这有什么不对的 |
[05:39] | Come on, Kate, it’s funny. | 拜托了 凯特 多好玩 |
[05:41] | Watching the big old bear swatting and clawing at the dogs | 看着一头老熊朝狗拍击挥爪 |
[05:45] | as they tear lumps out of its flesh. | 而狗把熊撕得血肉模糊 |
[05:47] | Life’s brutal and hard, Kate. | 生活就是如此野蛮而艰辛 凯特 |
[05:48] | Man needs his sport. | 男人们需要这种运动 |
[05:50] | Yes, I do understand that, | 我非常理解 |
[05:52] | which is why I’m trying to promote a meat-free alternative. | 这就是为什么我尽力推广无肉的替代方案 |
[05:56] | Meat-free bear-baiting? | 没有肉的逗熊游戏 |
[05:58] | Pear-baiting! | 逗梨游戏 |
[06:01] | Take a ripe pear, | 拿一个成熟的梨子 |
[06:03] | impale a juicy raspberry upon its stalk | 在它的茎上串一个多汁的覆盆子 |
[06:05] | and set a pack of reasonably hungry gerbils on it. | 然后在旁边放上一群饥饿的沙鼠 |
[06:09] | All will be merry as the furry | 这群毛茸茸的生物会啃食多汁的水果 |
[06:11] | creatures nibble ferociously at the juicy fruit. | 看上去就很令人愉悦 |
[06:13] | How long till the pear be eaten? | 梨子多久会被吃掉呢 |
[06:15] | Who will get the biggest chunk? | 哪只又能得到最大那块呢 |
[06:17] | It ain’t gonna happen, Kate. | 这不可能 凯特 |
[06:19] | Man is cruel. It’s a fact of life. | 男人就是残忍的 这是事实 |
[06:21] | But slowly he improves. | 但人们可以慢慢提升 |
[06:23] | Why, in Roman times, ’twas not animals | 罗马时代的人类 |
[06:26] | but humans who were savaged to death for entertainment, | 而不是动物也这样作为娱乐项目斗兽至死 |
[06:28] | so there has been progress. | 所以总会有进步 |
[06:30] | Which reminds me. | 这提醒我了 |
[06:31] | They’re disembowelling | 他们今天下午 |
[06:32] | Catholics at Tyburn this afternoon, Bottom. | 要在伦敦刑场把一群天主教徒开膛破肚 |
[06:34] | Thought I might mooch along. | 我觉得到时候可以去溜达溜达 |
[06:36] | Love it! | 我喜欢 |
[06:37] | Amazing how long them Catholics stay alive. | 那些天主教徒能活很久 真令人惊叹 |
[06:39] | I mean, even after they’ve been disembowelled | 我是说 即使他们被开膛破肚 |
[06:42] | and had their privy parts struck | 隐私部位被从身体上扯下 |
[06:43] | from their bodies and placed within their screaming mouths. | 堵住他们尖叫的嘴巴 |
[06:46] | I’m like, “Come on, just die, it’s getting boring!” | 我简直想说 你们就快死吧 我都快无聊死了 |
[06:50] | We could take a picnic. | 我们可以去那边野餐 |
[06:52] | Oh, except… Damn, | 不过… 该死 |
[06:53] | I keep forgetting! I’m in hiding. | 我都忘了 我得藏起来 |
[06:55] | Zounds! I really wish I’d thought this plan through. | 呸 我真希望自己能预先计划好 |
[06:58] | Being dead really limits your social life. | 死了以后社交真难 |
[07:01] | Bottom! Bring ale, bring pie! Your master is returned. | 宝特姆 上酒 上派 你主人回来啦 |
[07:05] | “Please” Might be nice. Manners cost nothing. | 说一声请花不了你几个钱的 |
[07:07] | You, on the other hand, cost a penny a week, | 但你是个例外 我雇你每周要花一分钱 |
[07:09] | so get my bloomin’ ale and pie. | 赶紧去拿我的酒和点心吧 |
[07:12] | Did you have a good journey, Mr Shakespeare? | 旅行愉快吗 莎士比亚先生 |
[07:13] | No, Kate. The natural order remains intact. | 并没有 凯特 自然法则一成不变 |
[07:16] | Night follows day, the Queen sits upon the throne, | 日夜不停 王权稳固 |
[07:18] | and I had a truly crapsome journey. | 我的旅途无比惨淡 |
[07:21] | Jam-packed and reeking! | 拥挤不堪 恶臭弥漫 |
[07:23] | I thought you’d decided to pay the ha’penny weekend upgrade | 我以为你会花半分钱升级 |
[07:26] | to sit on the posh bench, | 去坐头等车厢 |
[07:27] | so, despite the coach being packed, | 那么即使座位拥挤 |
[07:29] | you’d still have space and comfort. | 你还是有一定空间 比较舒服 |
[07:30] | I did, Bottom, but mark this. | 我升了 宝特姆 但是记住 |
[07:32] | When the coach was packed, | 座位比较满的情况下 |
[07:33] | those who had not paid the ha’penny upgrade | 那些没花钱升级的人 |
[07:35] | to sit on the posh bench simply thrust themselves upon it anyway. | 也会冲破脑袋挤进去的 |
[07:40] | But did not the coach guard | 难道检票员 |
[07:41] | inspect each ticket with stern, unflinching gaze | 没有严格检票吗 |
[07:44] | and order those with standard | 没有要求持普通票的旅客 |
[07:45] | tickets to vacate the posh bench at once | 立刻离席 |
[07:48] | or suffer a heavy fine? | 否则要罚款吗 |
[07:49] | Yes, Kate, he absolutely did. | 没错 凯特 他是这么做了 |
[07:52] | Except, hang on… No, he didn’t. | 但 等等 不 他没有 |
[07:54] | He sat atop his distant perch | 他远远地坐着 |
[07:56] | muttering a series of semi-comprehensible remarks | 咕咕囔囔了一段听不太懂的话 |
[07:59] | about not stopping at Watford, | 大概就是沃特福德不会停车 |
[08:01] | whilst beneath him all order was forsaken and chaos ruled. | 可他的话根本没人在乎 一片混乱 |
[08:05] | Funny how when the coach | 好笑的是 |
[08:06] | be but half-filled with blameless gentlefolk, | 车上只有一半的乘客时 |
[08:09] | the guard is ever-diligent, | 检票员这时候认真了 |
[08:10] | forcing sweet old ladies to fossick deep in their satchels | 非要奶奶年纪的女士们从包里掏出票来 |
[08:14] | and nursing mothers to lay aside their suckling infants | 让带着孩子的妈妈把吃奶的孩子 |
[08:17] | that they may reach the pockets of their gowns. | 抱到一边 才能伸出手找票 |
[08:19] | But when the coach is ram-packed with strutting hooligans | 可是当车里都是小混混 |
[08:22] | and their gobbly, over-entitled tarting-slaps, | 带着他们狂傲的小女友 |
[08:26] | this same knight of the road be nowhere to be seen. | 这位骑士倒是没影儿了 |
[08:29] | Thus did I end up paying | 到头来我付了头等车厢的钱 |
[08:31] | an upgrade to be forced flat against a window | 却不得不被三个 |
[08:34] | by three snotsome teenage grotlings | 小毛孩子挤在窗户角 |
[08:36] | who I knew had not paid the upgrade, | 我知道他们肯定没花钱升级 |
[08:39] | but for 27 hours I had not the gutlings to challenge them! | 但是整整二十七小时我都没敢啃声 |
[08:45] | Harrowing story, master. | 真是悲惨的故事 主人 |
[08:46] | You should tell it to a leper or a plaguey some time. | 有机会讲给麻风患者听听 |
[08:49] | Might help them take their minds off their running sores. | 也许他们会忘记身体上的疼痛 |
[08:52] | You need to count your blessings. | 你该知足了 |
[08:54] | Yes, Bottom, like having a | 是的 宝特姆 例如我的仆人 |
[08:55] | servant to put my problems into perspective. | 都能全面看待我的问题 |
[08:57] | So much handier than having one that can cook an edible pie. | 比会做饭仆人方便多了呢 |
[09:02] | However, I shan’t allow | 但是 今天任何事情 |
[09:04] | anything to dent my mood today because, guess what, | 都不能掩盖我的激动心情 因为 |
[09:07] | I am returned with amazing news. | 我有一个超级好的消息 |
[09:09] | There’s to be a theatre awards night! | 要举办戏剧颁奖晚会了 |
[09:11] | And since my plays are currently the only ones running, | 考虑到目前只有我的剧在上映 |
[09:14] | I’m bound to scoop the lot! | 我肯定能拿奖 |
[09:16] | Goodness! Congratulations, Mr Shakespeare! | 天哪 恭喜你 莎士比亚先生 |
[09:18] | All but one award, actually, because, believe it or not, | 不过有一个奖项 实际上 |
[09:21] | they’re going to honour you, Kit, posthumously, | 是颁给你的 基特 为了向你致敬 |
[09:24] | which, ironically, I also win because I wrote all your plays. | 但还是算我获奖 因为你的作品都是我写的 |
[09:29] | Clean sweep for me. Amazing! | 所向披靡了我 惊为天人 |
[09:31] | Me? Nominated at an awards ceremony! | 我吗 在戏剧典礼上获得提名了 |
[09:33] | Such larks! | 太开心了 |
[09:35] | Yet I can’t go, cos I’m dead. | 可我没法去 因为我死了 |
[09:37] | Curse this ruse of mine. | 我出的什么馊主意 |
[09:39] | I wonder who they’ll get to collect it. | 我想知道他们会找谁去领奖 |
[09:41] | Oh, they’ll try and get in | 我猜会找 |
[09:42] | touch with some member of your family, I suppose. | 你的家人吧 |
[09:44] | No luck there. All gone to Hell years ago. | 不可能了 早就死光光了 |
[09:46] | Unless… | 除非 |
[09:48] | Unless… | 除非 |
[09:50] | Gadzungles! I begin to see a way out of my current fix | 不得了了 我想到一个办法 |
[09:53] | and enter society once more! | 能让我摆脱当下的困境 重新融入社会 |
[09:56] | Will Mrs Shakespeare be | 莎士比亚太太会和您 |
[09:57] | accompanying you to the ceremony, Mr Shakespeare? | 共同参加典礼吗 莎士比亚先生 |
[09:59] | I’m sure she’d be thrilled. | 我想她一定高兴坏了 |
[10:01] | Well, I… I know I should ask her, but… | 其实 我知道我应该问她的 但是… |
[10:04] | Well, these awards will | 这个典礼 |
[10:05] | be London’s most glamorous night in years. | 会是伦敦多年来最瞩目的夜晚 |
[10:08] | Sophisticated men, beautiful women… | 上流社会的男人带着美丽的女伴 |
[10:11] | Are you saying you don’t think your wife would be fitting company | 你的意思是你觉得你的妻子 |
[10:13] | for such an occasion? | 不配和你共同出席这个场合吗 |
[10:14] | Duh! She’s a milkmaid. | 当然不配 她是个挤奶工 |
[10:18] | Mr Shakespeare, she is your loyal and loving wife! | 莎士比亚先生 她可是爱你敬你的妻子 |
[10:21] | I cannot believe that you would | 我不敢相信在你最辉煌的时刻 |
[10:23] | not want her on your arm at your moment of triumph | 你不愿让她挽着你的手臂 |
[10:25] | but would instead seek out some young tarting-slap. | 而是想带个年轻的小婊子 |
[10:28] | Have you no decency? | 你要脸吗 |
[10:30] | No loyalty? | 忠诚吗 |
[10:31] | Come on, Kate, this is a work night for me, | 行了 凯特 这是工作场合 |
[10:33] | a chance to get in with the pamperloins | 让我有机会融入 |
[10:36] | who despise me as an upstart country bum-shankle. | 那些笑我是土包子的权贵 |
[10:40] | Having a bit of beautiful, | 携一位美丽 有教养 |
[10:41] | refined and intelligent young totty on my arm | 智慧年轻的女士出席 |
[10:44] | would really help. | 会帮到我很多 |
[10:46] | So, what I was wondering, Kate, is… | 所以我在想 凯特 |
[10:48] | Oh, my goodly godlingtons! | 妈妈咪呀 |
[10:49] | Yes, yes, yes, yes! | 我愿意 我愿意 我愿意 |
[10:52] | Of course I’ll be your tarting-slap! | 我当然愿意做你的小婊子 |
[10:54] | I can’t believe it. Me going to the theatre awards | 我不敢相信 我要去戏剧颁奖礼了 |
[10:57] | with London’s leading playwright! | 和伦敦最棒的剧作家一起 |
[11:00] | You… You didn’t let me finish, Kate. I… | 你… 你没让我说完 凯特 我… |
[11:03] | I was wondering if you’d | 我在想你是否 |
[11:04] | take a letter of invitation to Emelia Lanier. | 愿意带一封邀请函给艾米莉亚·拉尼尔 |
[11:06] | Uh-oh, watch out! He’s back on the gorgeous, sultry Emelia. | 小心咯 他又要回头找性感迷人的艾米莉亚了 |
[11:10] | The “Dark lady” Of his smutty poems. | 他那黄诗里的”黑女士” |
[11:12] | They were not smutty! | 一点都不黄好吗 |
[11:13] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[11:15] | “Wilt thou, whose will is large and spacious, | 你的欲壑汪洋无边 |
[11:17] | “Not once vouchsafe to hide my will in thine?” | 难道不能容我把情愿在里面掩埋 |
[11:20] | Eh? We all know what you meant. | 我们都心知肚明 |
[11:24] | Yes. Although I still can’t | 是的 但是我还是不敢相信 |
[11:26] | believe you thought a girl would be flattered | 你觉得哪个姑娘会觉得 |
[11:28] | to be told she has a large and spacious lady grotto. | 欲壑无边是恭维话 |
[11:33] | And I also can’t believe | 同样 我无法相信 |
[11:34] | you want me to take your invitation round! | 你竟然让我送信 |
[11:37] | Just thought it was a bit classier than sending Bottom. | 我只是觉得让你去比让宝特姆去更得体一些 |
[11:39] | I mean, you shouldn’t be inviting a woman other than your wife. | 你就不应该邀请你妻子以外的女人 |
[11:42] | Unless, it seems, that woman happens to be you. | 除非那个人是你 |
[11:44] | Yes. Because you don’t want to hide your will in mine, | 是的 那是因为你不想把情愿掩埋在我这里 |
[11:47] | but you are on record as wanting to hide it in Emelia Lanier’s | 你只愿把它藏匿于艾米莉亚·拉尼尔 |
[11:50] | large and spacious one. | 汪洋无边的欲壑里 |
[11:53] | I thought you were over this “Dark lady”, master. | 我以为你不再惦记这位黑女士了 主人 |
[11:55] | Only by necessity, Botsky. | 我必须忘了她 宝特姆 |
[11:57] | She hinted that I desired her in vain. | 她暗示过我是得不到她的 |
[11:59] | You mean she told you she wouldn’t want to be seen dead | 你是说她说过她不想被看到 |
[12:01] | with a fartsome old baldy-boots from the Midlands like you. | 和你这种讨厌的内地老秃头在一起 |
[12:04] | Yes. That’s right. | 是的 没错 |
[12:06] | But she might be prepared to be seen with me | 但她也许会乐意在伦敦 |
[12:08] | at the most glamorous night of London’s social calendar. | 最耀眼的社交场合与我携手 |
[12:11] | Right, I’m off to Lucy’s for a celebratory quaff. | 好了 我要去露西那里庆祝一下了 |
[12:14] | Wish I could invite you, Kit, but… | 真想邀请你一起呢 基特 可惜… |
[12:16] | Yes. I know. I’m dead. | 行了我懂了 我死了 |
[12:18] | But watch this space, I’ faith, | 不过小心了 |
[12:19] | because I’ve been nominated for a posthumous theatre award. | 因为我被追授提名了一个戏剧奖项 |
[12:22] | This bad boy’s back in the game. | 你的坏男孩已重新上线 |
[12:29] | Mr Burbage not here, Miss Lucy? | 伯比奇不在吗 露西小姐 |
[12:30] | Nor Condell or Kempe? | 康戴尔和坎普也不在吗 |
[12:32] | They rarely miss their Sunday-night quaff. | 他们很少错过周日小酌的机会的 |
[12:35] | They have a gig, Mr Shakespeare. | 他们临时有演出 莎士比亚先生 |
[12:36] | Private function at the Inns of Court. | 律师学院的私人活动 |
[12:38] | Oh, I see. Some spoilt little girl’s 21st, no doubt, | 我知道了 又是那些被宠坏的姑娘们的成人礼 |
[12:42] | and doting Daddy has booked the big London stars | 她们的父亲肯定请了伦敦的大明星 |
[12:44] | to do the arse-kicking routine at midnight. | 半夜表演一些熟悉的套路 |
[12:47] | Personally, I think that sort of gig is totally selling out. | 我想这种演出总是爆满 |
[12:50] | You mean, being the writer, | 你是说 作为作家 |
[12:52] | nobody ever pays you a fortune to do a celebrity gig | 从来没有人花钱请你演出 |
[12:54] | and you are eaten up with resentment and jealousy. | 你现在非常愤怒嫉妒 |
[12:57] | Yes, that’s it, exactly. | 是的 没错 很对 |
[12:59] | Anyway, ale, if you please, Miss Lucy, and pie. | 露西小姐 麻烦给我麦芽酒和派吧 |
[13:02] | I’m celebrating being nominated | 我自己庆祝在伦敦戏剧大奖上 |
[13:04] | in all categories at the London Theatre Awards, | 获得全奖项提名 |
[13:06] | which I’m certain to win, | 我肯定会获奖 |
[13:07] | as there appear to be no rival contenders. | 因为并没有什么对手 |
[13:11] | No rivals? | 没有对手 |
[13:13] | Where is the fun in that? | 那还有什么意思 |
[13:14] | In my village, the winner of any contest | 在我家乡 任何比赛的胜者 |
[13:17] | was expected to cut off the | 都会砍了对手的脑袋 |
[13:19] | head of his rival and boil the brains for soup. | 然后把他的脑浆煮汤喝 |
[13:22] | Goodness, Lucy. Can such savagery be true? | 上帝啊 露西 这种野蛮人还存在吗 |
[13:25] | Of course not. I make up that stuff for the tourists. | 当然不 我编了唬唬游客的 |
[13:28] | It is actually customary for the victor to say to the rival, | 通常胜者会对对手说 |
[13:31] | “No, really, you should have won, you were much better. | 你才应该获胜的 你比我更厉害 |
[13:34] | “I was just lucky, really.” | 我只是运气好 真的 |
[13:37] | I can see that is a less interesting anecdote. | 看得出来这么说就没那么有趣了 |
[13:43] | Can’t believe Emelia’s actually coming! | 不敢相信艾米莉亚真的要来了 |
[13:45] | First time I’ve met her | 自从第一百三十首十四行诗不幸被误解后 |
[13:46] | since the unfortunate misunderstanding over sonnet number 130. | 这还是我第一次见她 |
[13:50] | When you mentioned her eyes were dull, her hair like wire, | 就是你说她双眼发黑 发如硬丝 |
[13:52] | her skin a dullish grey and her breath reeked? | 皮肤昏暗 呼吸发臭那首诗吗 |
[13:55] | Yes. And, amazingly, she failed to spot | 是的 太意外了 她没看出来 |
[13:58] | that I was satirising traditional romantic poetry. | 我是在讽刺传统的浪漫主义诗歌 |
[14:01] | You’ve asked her round pretty early. | 你很早就约她来了 |
[14:02] | The awards aren’t for hours. | 但颁奖仪式很短 |
[14:04] | Are you hoping to grab a chance to hide your will in hers? | 你是想抓住机会 埋藏你的情愿吗 |
[14:07] | No! I… I’m taking her to supper at Lucy’s. | 不 我… 我带她去露西店里吃晚饭 |
[14:10] | What a night! | 多美的夜晚 |
[14:12] | Dinner with a beautiful, sophisticated girl, | 与一位成熟漂亮的女孩儿共进晚餐 |
[14:14] | then showing her off during | 然后在众星云集的颁奖典礼上 |
[14:16] | my triumph at a star-studded awards ceremony. | 我拿着奖杯 炫耀身边的她 |
[14:18] | It does not get any better than this! | 没有比这更好的了 |
[14:20] | Mr Shakespeare, I really think | 莎士比亚先生 我真觉得 |
[14:22] | you need to remember that you are a married man! | 你得记住你已经结婚了 |
[14:25] | Look, I’m just taking her to dinner. | 我只是带她吃晚餐 |
[14:26] | You can tell yourself that if you like, Mr Shakespeare, | 随你怎么说服自己 莎士比亚先生 |
[14:29] | but you and I both know that, | 但你我都知道 |
[14:30] | given half the chance, you’d be in there | 一有机会 你就像老鼠钻下水道一样 |
[14:32] | like the eager rodent up the proverbial piping drain! | 迫不及待地钻到她那里去了 |
[14:37] | Oh, God, she’s here! This is it! | 老天 她来了 |
[14:39] | I’m actually going to take Emelia Lanier on a glamorous night out. | 我要和艾米莉亚·拉尼尔共度一个迷人的夜晚了 |
[14:42] | Master… | 主人… |
[14:44] | Madam, this is the greatest moment of my life. | 夫人 这是我生命中最棒的时刻 |
[14:47] | Well, that’s nice, love, because I have made a bit of an effort. | 很好 亲爱的 因为我用心打扮了 |
[14:52] | Anne! | 安妮 |
[14:53] | – You’re in London? – Yes. | – 你来伦敦了 – 对 |
[14:56] | Well, I was sorry that I’ve been so cross about your big night, | 我很抱歉 对你重要的颁奖夜发火 |
[14:59] | and when you made me change the date of Hamnet’s confirmation | 你让我更改哈姆尼特坚信礼的日期 |
[15:01] | I decided I’d come and support you. | 我还是决定来支持你 |
[15:04] | Like you said, it’s the greatest moment of your life. | 如你所说 这是你生命中最棒的时刻 |
[15:08] | What? | 什么 |
[15:09] | Oh, yes, of course. Yeah. | 是的 当然 |
[15:11] | In fact, it’s almost like you were expecting somebody. | 你看起来像是在等别人 |
[15:15] | Are you expecting somebody, Will? | 你是在等别人吗 威廉 |
[15:17] | No! Of course not. | 不 当然不是 |
[15:21] | Who’s that, then? | 是谁敲门 |
[15:22] | Nobody! Kate, run and tell Bottom | 没有人 凯特 快去找宝特姆 |
[15:24] | to make sure there’s nobody at the door, | 确认没人在门外 |
[15:26] | and if there is, tell them I’ve got the plague. | 若有人 就请告诉他们 我得了瘟疫 |
[15:29] | You stay right where you are, Kate! | 你别动 凯特 |
[15:31] | If there’s nobody there, then | 如果没有人 |
[15:32] | it won’t matter if we find out who it is, will it? | 谁来也没关系 不是吗 |
[15:35] | Master… It… It… It’s… | 主人… 是… 是… 是… |
[15:37] | Mr Shakespeare! | 莎士比亚先生 |
[15:39] | I’m so looking forward to coming to the awards ceremony. | 我太期待去参加颁奖典礼了 |
[15:45] | Oh, my God, it’s that tart you wrote them smutty poems for! | 我的天 你就是给这个婊子写的黄诗吗 |
[15:50] | I beg your pardon?! | 你再说一遍 |
[15:52] | William? | 威廉 |
[15:53] | Who is this oikish milking-slap? | 这个土里土气的挤奶工是谁 |
[15:57] | It’s Mr Shakespeare’s wife, Emelia. | 这是莎士比亚先生的妻子 艾米莉亚 |
[15:59] | No doubt come to accompany him to tonight’s awards. | 她会陪他去参加今晚的颁奖 |
[16:01] | Perhaps you and Mrs S would like to join me and Emelia for dinner. | 或许你们夫妇愿意与我们一同享用晚餐 |
[16:05] | Kit Marlowe! | 基特·马洛 |
[16:08] | I thought you were dead! | 我还以为你死了 |
[16:10] | The resemblance is shocking, I know, but not Kit… | 确实 我和他长得特别像 但我不是基特 |
[16:15] | Kurt. | 我是科特 |
[16:17] | His ravishing blond twin invited | 我是他迷人的金发双胞胎兄弟 |
[16:19] | to the awards ceremony to collect Kit’s award, | 受邀出席典礼 代他领奖 |
[16:21] | which was why I asked Will to invite you on my behalf. | 所以我请威廉代我邀请你 |
[16:24] | You meant so much to Kit, after all. | 毕竟你对基特非常重要 |
[16:27] | Well, yes. I remember his poem. | 当然 我记得他的诗 |
[16:30] | “Emelia, Emelia, by God, I’d like to feel ya.” | 艾米莉亚 艾米莉亚 上帝见证 我想摸你呀 |
[16:36] | So much better than Mr Shakespeare’s disgusting sonnet | 比莎士比亚先生那首恶心的十四行诗好多了 |
[16:39] | about putting his will in my… | 说什么要把他的情愿埋藏在我的… |
[16:41] | Well, exactly. | 没错 |
[16:43] | Will and I were hoping | 威廉和我希望 |
[16:44] | that you would be my date in memory of Kit. | 你和我一起去 以纪念基特 |
[16:48] | – Isn’t that right, Will? – Yes, absolutely. | – 是吧 威廉 – 没错 完全正确 |
[16:51] | I’d thought to go alone, | 我本打算独自前去 |
[16:52] | but now you are here, my darling Anne, | 但既然你来了 亲爱的安妮 |
[16:55] | things couldn’t be merrier. | 再快乐不过了 |
[17:01] | I’m having a lovely time | 我太幸福了 |
[17:03] | quaffing ale and gorging pie in a London tavern! | 能在伦敦的小酒馆里痛饮啤酒 狂吃馅饼 |
[17:07] | Who’d have thought it, eh? | 谁会想到呢 |
[17:09] | Me, a common milk-slap from Stratford? | 我 一个来自斯特拉福的普通挤奶工 |
[17:15] | D’you know, I think I’ll spend some more time with you in town, Will, | 你知道吗 我想和你在伦敦多待一阵 威廉 |
[17:19] | now that the kids are getting older. | 孩子们也渐渐长大了 |
[17:21] | – Won’t that be wonderful? – Yes, my love. | – 一切都很美好吧 – 是的 亲爱的 |
[17:26] | Wonderful. | 非常好 |
[17:29] | Will and… Good God, it’s a ghost! | 威廉 老天啊 鬼 |
[17:32] | No ghost, Mr Burbage. | 不是鬼 伯比奇先生 |
[17:34] | I’m Kit’s brother, Kurt, come to collect his posthumous award. | 我是基特的兄弟 科特 来替他领身后奖 |
[17:37] | Well, you’ve certainly got the better hair. | 你的头发更好看些 |
[17:39] | Well… | 好吧… |
[17:41] | Welcome, Kurt, | 欢迎你 科特 |
[17:42] | and an exciting night of awards ahead, I think. | 今晚将会激动人心 |
[17:46] | Exciting? Don’t think so. | 激动人心 我可不这么认为 |
[17:48] | Not Italian, is it? It’s just London, so… | 又不在意大利 不过是伦敦 所以… |
[17:51] | Shut up, Kempe. | 闭嘴 坎普 |
[17:53] | Are you nervous, Mr Shakespeare? | 紧张吗 莎士比亚先生 |
[17:55] | Like the tired antelope | 犹如疲倦的羚羊 |
[17:56] | who thought his wife nodded at a leafy glade | 以为他的妻子示意 |
[17:59] | and said, “Lie down there,” | 那片林地可以休息 |
[18:01] | only to discover she said, “Lion down there.” | 却发现她本意是那片林地有狮子 |
[18:04] | ‘Tis I who am the lion tonight, Miss Lucy. | 今晚我就是那雄狮 露西小姐 |
[18:06] | All the other companies left town during the last plague | 上次闹瘟疫时 其他剧团都离开了镇子 |
[18:09] | and are still touring. | 现在还在巡回演出 |
[18:10] | I can’t see that there’s | 我想不会 |
[18:11] | actually going to be any other nominations at all. | 有其他的竞争者了 |
[18:13] | Can you think of any recent productions, Burbage? | 你知道近期有什么作品吗 伯比奇 |
[18:15] | Any one-off Sunday-night revivals? | 周日夜一次性重演之类的 |
[18:21] | Mrs Shakespeare! So glad I caught you. | 莎士比亚夫人 终于找着您了 |
[18:24] | I’m afraid a letter has followed you from Stratford. | 有一封从斯特拉福寄给您的信 |
[18:26] | Nothing serious, it says, | 上面写道 没什么大事 |
[18:27] | but Susanna and Judith are both a bit feverish. | 就是苏珊娜和茱蒂丝都有点发烧 |
[18:30] | Your mother-in-law says not to worry | 你婆婆让你别担心 |
[18:32] | but that she’d feel better if you were to come home. | 但她还是想你回去为好 |
[18:34] | Oh, dear. | 亲爱的 |
[18:35] | Oh, how disappointing! | 太扫兴了 |
[18:37] | Who’d be a mum, eh? | 谁还想做母亲呢 |
[18:39] | Oh, I’m sorry, Will. | 抱歉 威廉 |
[18:41] | I so wanted to support you on your big night, | 我非常想这重要的夜晚支持你 |
[18:44] | but good luck. | 但只能祝你一切顺利了 |
[18:45] | And don’t forget Hamnet’s confirmation, | 别忘了哈姆尼特的坚信礼 |
[18:47] | and you come home just as soon as you can. | 然后尽快回家 |
[18:49] | Of course, wife. | 当然 太太 |
[18:51] | Burdened down by many an interestingly shaped statuette, no doubt. | 到时候我无疑会被许多奇形怪状的奖杯压坏 |
[18:57] | Well, now, very sorry to see her go. | 她的离开太遗憾了 |
[18:59] | Very sorry indeed. | 真的很遗憾 |
[19:01] | But it occurs to me, Emelia, | 但我突然想到 艾米莉亚 |
[19:03] | that it does mean that you can now be my guest, as planned. | 你可以按计划成为我的女伴了 |
[19:07] | I kind of think I’ll stick where I am. | 我想我还是跟他一起 |
[19:10] | Oh, right. | 好吧 |
[19:12] | So, Mr Shakespeare… | 所以 莎士比亚先生… |
[19:16] | One spare ticket, eh? | 多出一张票 是吗 |
[19:18] | If you were in need of some highly attractive | 如果你还需要一位迷人的 |
[19:20] | and sophisticated young totty… | 精致的年轻少女… |
[19:22] | Yes, I am, Kate. Do you know any? | 是的 凯特 你还认识谁吗 |
[19:25] | I mean me! | 我是指我 |
[19:26] | Oh! Yes, right. Of course. | 是的 对 当然 |
[19:33] | Yeah, all right, hello. | 好了 你们好 |
[19:35] | Welcome to the famous Red Lion | 欢迎来到著名的红狮剧院 |
[19:36] | Theatre for the first annual London Theatre Awards. | 参加首届年度伦敦戏剧颁奖典礼 |
[19:39] | I’m Will Kempe, yeah? | 我是威尔·坎普 |
[19:40] | I’m brilliant, by the way. Just saying. | 顺带一提 我才华横溢 |
[19:43] | Oh, look at you all! | 看看你们自己 |
[19:44] | All thinking, “Ooh, I really hope I win!” | 都在想 我真希望能获奖 |
[19:47] | What for? For being rubbish at acting? | 获什么奖 演技最差奖吗 |
[19:51] | What’s the difference between you lot and Mary Queen of Scots? | 你们和苏格兰的玛丽女王有何不同 |
[19:54] | She only died horribly in front of a large crowd once. | 她只在众人面前惨死过一次 |
[19:59] | I see Sir Francis Drake’s | 弗朗西斯·德雷克爵士 |
[20:00] | just been buried at sea off covered in full armour. | 全副武装 葬于海边 |
[20:02] | I bet he went down better than most of you lot. | 我敢打赌他的下场比你们大多数人都好 |
[20:05] | I think he’s misjudged the mood of the room. | 我想他错估了房间的气氛 |
[20:07] | I think he’s brilliant. So dry. | 他确实有才 冷面笑匠 |
[20:10] | So edgy. | 有先锋性 |
[20:11] | He’s just being rude. | 他这是无礼 |
[20:12] | Anyway, lovely to be here. | 总之 非常高兴来到这里 |
[20:15] | Well, what I mean is, lovely to be paid to be here. | 我是说 非常高兴有人给钱让我来这里 |
[20:17] | I can’t think of any other reason. | 我想不出其他理由了 |
[20:19] | Unless you’re some desperate old luvvie-kissie | 除非你是个绝望的演员 |
[20:21] | who’ll go anywhere for a free drink, like most of you lot. | 到处寻求一杯免费饮料 如同台下大部分的人 |
[20:26] | Why are they laughing? He’s saying they’re all desperate. | 他们为什么会笑 他说他们都饥渴 |
[20:28] | He’s just so out there. | 他的话非常尖锐 |
[20:30] | Just doesn’t care. Such a cooling dude. | 别介意 这是个很酷的小伙 |
[20:32] | He’s just being arrogant and unpleasant. | 他傲慢无礼 令人生厌 |
[20:35] | He’s just so dry and edgy. | 他只是冷得过了头 |
[20:36] | He’s not dry and edgy. | 他不是冷得过了头 |
[20:37] | He’s just slagging everyone | 他只是在嘲讽你们 |
[20:39] | off for being a pampered luvvie-kissie, | 都是一群养尊处优的演员而已 |
[20:40] | even though beneath the | 虽然在后文艺复兴风格的 |
[20:42] | thin veneer of post-Renaissance ironic cool | 包装下 有丝毫嘲讽的艺术 |
[20:44] | he’s the biggest pampered luvvie-kissie of the lot. | 但他才是在座最恃宠生娇的人 |
[20:47] | And if there’s one thing more | 如果说有什么事情比 |
[20:48] | irritating than being a pampered luvvie-kissie | 作为一个养尊处优的演员 |
[20:50] | attending a gala evening for pampered luvvie-kissies, | 来参加一个专为养尊处优的演员而设的晚宴 |
[20:53] | being slagged off by a pampered luvvie-kissie, | 还要被一个养尊处优的人嘲讽更让人恼怒的话 |
[20:56] | it’s having all the other pampered luvvie-kissies in the room | 那就是让在座所有养尊处优的演员 |
[20:58] | pretending to be wryly amused and in on the joke | 都假装被这些挖苦的话逗笑了 |
[21:01] | in the desperate hope that it’ll | 还迫切地希望 |
[21:03] | make them look less like pampered luvvie-kissies. | 这样做能让他们看起来没那么像养尊处优的演员 |
[21:06] | Well, I like being a pampered luvvie-kissie. | 我就喜欢当一个养尊处优的演员 |
[21:08] | I amuse people for a living and never killed anyone, | 我以娱乐民众为生 从未做过伤天害理之事 |
[21:11] | and when I win all my interestingly shaped statuettes tonight, | 当我今晚获得那些奇形怪状的奖杯时 |
[21:14] | I’m not going to pretend that | 我不会假惺惺地表现出 |
[21:15] | I think that everyone else is as good as me, | 我觉得其他人也和我一样优秀 |
[21:17] | because I don’t. | 因为我根本不这样觉得 |
[21:19] | And I’m not going to bang on about suffering and poverty, | 我也不会喋喋不休地谈论苦难和贫穷 |
[21:22] | because it’s neither my fault nor in my power to change! | 因为那不是我造成的 也不是我能改变的 |
[21:25] | I’m going to whoop and | 我会欢呼雀跃 |
[21:26] | cheer and possibly do a little victory dance, | 还可能来上一小段庆祝胜利的舞蹈 |
[21:28] | because I’m bloomin’ best and I want a prize. | 因为老子我最厉害 而且我渴望拿奖 |
[21:32] | So… First bit of pointless self-congratulation… | 那么 先给自己来一点毫无意义的鼓励吧 |
[21:36] | Sorry, I meant award… | 抱歉 我的意思是… |
[21:38] | is the best revival. | 最佳戏剧奖 |
[21:39] | And to present it, we’ve got an actor | 我们邀请了一位演员作为颁奖嘉宾 |
[21:42] | who has done a lot to stop starvation. Yeah? | 为了消灭饥荒 他作出了很多努力 |
[21:44] | By eating all the pies! | 他把所有的派都吃了 |
[21:47] | Please welcome Dickie Burbage. | 让我们欢迎迪奇·伯比奇 |
[21:56] | And the nominations for best revival are… | 最佳重演剧的提名作品有… |
[22:01] | Richard III, by Will Shakespeare, currently enjoying | 威廉·莎士比亚的《查理三世》 目前正在 |
[22:04] | its fifth triumphant season in London repertory. | 伦敦剧院进行第五轮巡演 |
[22:06] | Oh, God, I so didn’t expect to win this, | 天啊 我没想到还能拿奖 |
[22:09] | I haven’t prepared a speech at all. | 完全没有准备演讲词 |
[22:11] | …and Friar Bacon And Friar Bungay by Robert Greene, | 以及罗伯特·格林的《僧人培根与僧人邦格》 |
[22:14] | performed for one night | 只在伦敦四大律师学院的餐厅里 |
[22:15] | only at the refectory in the Inns of Court. | 表演过一次 |
[22:18] | – What?! – And the winner is… | – 什么 – 得奖者是… |
[22:20] | Robert Greene, Friar Bacon And Friar Bungay! | 罗伯特·格林的《僧人培根与僧人邦格》 |
[22:27] | So sorry, Mr Shakespeare. | 抱歉 莎士比亚先生 |
[22:28] | I know you wanted to win so much. | 我知道你很想拿这个奖 |
[22:30] | Nonsense. Like it matters. | 胡说 好像我很在乎似的 |
[22:32] | As if. It’s all crappage anyway. | 反正都是胡来的 |
[22:34] | Besides, that was only for a revival. | 再说了 这只是最佳重演剧奖 |
[22:36] | I’ll win everything else. | 我还可以拿其他奖 |
[22:37] | The nominations for best tragedy are… | 最佳悲剧的提名作品有… |
[22:39] | Julius Caesar, by Will Shakespeare… | 威廉·莎士比亚的《裘力斯·凯撒》 |
[22:42] | And the winner is… | 获奖者是… |
[22:44] | Robert Greene, Friar Bacon And Friar Bungay. | 罗伯特·格林的《僧人培根与僧人邦格》 |
[22:48] | Nominations for best comedy… | 最佳喜剧的提名作品有… |
[22:50] | Much Ado About Nothing, by Will Shakespeare… | 威廉·莎士比亚的《无事生非》… |
[22:52] | The winner is… | 获奖者是… |
[22:54] | Robert Greene, Friar Bacon And Friar Bungay. | 罗伯特·格林的《僧人培根与僧人邦格》 |
[22:58] | Best actor in a male role… | 最佳男主角是… |
[23:00] | Richard Burbage | 理查德·伯比奇 |
[23:01] | for Friar Bacon | 在罗伯特·格林的《僧人培根与僧人邦格》中 |
[23:02] | in Robert Greene’s Friar Bacon And Friar Bungay. | 出演僧人培根 |
[23:04] | Will Kempe | 威尔·坎普 |
[23:05] | as Ralph Simnel in Robert Greene’s Friar Bacon… | 在罗伯特·格林的《僧人培根与僧… |
[23:10] | …and I intend to make | …为了致敬我的哥哥 |
[23:12] | an absolute beast of myself at the afterparty | 我决定要在之后的派对上 |
[23:16] | in his honour! | 行为卑鄙 |
[23:18] | Henry Condell | 亨利·康戴尔 |
[23:19] | for the Fair Maid of Fressingfield | 在罗伯特·格林的《僧人培根与僧人邦格》中 |
[23:21] | in Robert Greene’s Friar Bacon And Friar… | 出演弗雷辛菲尔德的美丽女仆… |
[23:23] | As an actor who plays female roles, | 作为一名扮演女性角色的演员 |
[23:26] | I would like to accept this | 我希望能代表所有 |
[23:28] | on behalf of all actors who play female roles. | 扮演女性角色的同仁接受这个奖项 |
[23:31] | Their courage, their strength, their passion. | 他们的勇气 他们的力量 他们的激情 |
[23:35] | We need more and better roles for actors who play female roles. | 扮演女性角色的演员需要更多更好的角色 |
[23:39] | We are not just the totty. | 我们不只是臭娘们 |
[23:41] | We are not just eccentric old ladies. | 我们不只是古怪的老太太 |
[23:44] | We are strong, we are passionate, | 我们也很有力量 我们也很有激情 |
[23:47] | and we demand an equal voice in this industry. | 我们要求在这个行业拥有平等的话语权 |
[23:50] | Be angry! | 一鼓作气 |
[23:51] | Be fierce! | 勇往直前 |
[23:52] | Dare to dream! | 敢于追梦 |
[23:54] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[24:05] | Yes, it’s me. | 没错 是我 |
[24:07] | I’m home, and, no, since you ask, | 我回来了 既然你问了 不 |
[24:09] | I did not have a good journey. | 我这次旅程并不愉快 |
[24:10] | My coach was massively delayed out of Long Compton because of, | 我所乘坐的火车在朗康普顿延误了很久 |
[24:13] | and I quote, “The late arrival of the incoming service”. | 原因就是所谓的”列车延迟进站了” |
[24:17] | And this, mark you, was offered as an excuse, | 注意了 这个理由常常被拿来当做借口 |
[24:20] | as if somehow that made everything all right. | 似乎这样一说 什么事情都变得理所当然一样 |
[24:22] | “The incoming service was late. | “列车延迟进站了” |
[24:23] | “Whoopee! We’re off the hook. | “我们成功推卸责任了” |
[24:25] | “All guilt be absolved.” | “所有的罪过都赦免了” |
[24:27] | Except, hang on, who exactly was running this incoming service? | 除了一点 慢着 是谁负责驾驶列车进站的 |
[24:31] | Genghis Khan, the Bishop of Bath and Wells, | 是成吉思汗吗 是巴斯暨韦尔斯主教吗 |
[24:33] | the recently encountered Cherokee and Mohawk tribes | 还是我最近遇到的来自北美海岸的 |
[24:36] | of the North American Seaboard? | 切诺基和莫霍克部落 |
[24:38] | No! The same people who are running my outgoing coach. | 都不是 还是那群开着我那列晚点火车的人 |
[24:41] | Two late coaches does not make it better. | 两列火车都延迟了并不会让我好受一点 |
[24:44] | Imagine if I tried that in the theatre. | 想象一下如果我在剧院里也这样做 |
[24:46] | “Sorry, no play tonight, I haven’t written it. | “抱歉 今晚无剧可看 因为我还没写好剧本 |
[24:48] | “But don’t worry, I haven’t written the previous one either.” | 但是别担心 我之前的剧本也还没写好” |
[24:51] | Well, hello to you lot, too, thanks very much. | 你们好啊 谢谢你们关心 |
[24:53] | And since you asked, no, I didn’t win any prizes, | 既然你们问了 不 我没有拿到任何奖项 |
[24:56] | because Robert Greene got all his Oxbridge mates t | 因为罗伯特·格林让他那些 |
[24:57] | o vote for him. | 牛津剑桥的朋友都投票给他了 |
[24:59] | Well, Bolingbrokes to the lot of them! | 真是谢谢他们了 |
[25:01] | I am returned, as promised, | 正如我承诺的 我赶回来 |
[25:02] | for Hamnet’s confirmation, so let us… | 参加哈姆尼特的坚信礼了 我们… |
[25:04] | Dad! | 父亲 |
[25:06] | Daughter? | 女儿 怎么了 |
[25:08] | Hamnet’s dead. | 哈姆尼特去世了 |
[25:12] | Dead? | 去世了 |
[25:15] | Plague, husband. | 是瘟疫 夫君 |
[25:17] | Our one in three. | 三个孩子带走一个 |
[25:20] | I thank a merciful God that | 感谢仁慈的上帝 |
[25:22] | he left us Susanna and Judith to be our comfort. | 苏珊娜和茱蒂丝还留在我们身边 聊表欣慰 |
[25:25] | Merciful God? | 仁慈的上帝 |
[25:28] | – Merciful God? – Don’t, husband. | – 仁慈的上帝 – 别这样 夫君 |
[25:31] | Don’t hate God, nor, worse, deny him. | 不要记恨于上帝 更不要否认他的存在 |
[25:33] | I owe God nothing. | 我欠上帝什么了 |
[25:35] | Our son is lost to us! | 竟让我们的儿子就这样离去 |
[25:37] | Not lost, never lost. | 不是离去 永远也不会离去 |
[25:39] | Just gone before. | 只是比我们先行一步 |
[25:41] | I have to believe that, Will, | 我必须要这样相信 威廉 |
[25:43] | and that God is merciful. | 相信上帝是仁慈的 |
[25:46] | Otherwise I can’t… | 否则我无法… |
[25:49] | I can’t… | 我无法… |
[25:50] | He didn’t suffer long, William. | 他没有被折磨很久 威廉 |
[25:52] | A single night. | 只是一个晚上的时间 |
[25:54] | It began… just before sunset. | 从日落… 开始 |
[25:57] | And he left us as the sun rose. | 日出时他就离开我们了 |
[26:01] | He said he’d see you in Heaven, Dad. | 他说和你在天堂再相见 父亲 |
[26:04] | But that you weren’t to rush, cos he knew how busy you are. | 但你也不用着急 因为他知道你有多忙 |
[26:08] | He said we could have his confirmation then. | 他说那时候我们再去参加他的坚信礼 |
[26:11] | So just you tell me you believe, husband. | 所以告诉我你是相信的吧 夫君 |
[26:14] | Tell me you believe we’ll see him again, | 告诉我你相信我们会再次和他相见 |
[26:16] | that God took him for a purpose | 相信上帝带走他是有原因的 |
[26:18] | and that one day we’ll be reunited! | 总有一天我们会再次团聚 |
[26:21] | You’re the clever one. | 你是聪明的人 |
[26:23] | You always know the answers, so tell me you believe! | 你总能知道答案 告诉我你相信吧 |
[26:28] | Yes, Anne. | 我相信 安妮 |
[26:31] | Yes, of course I believe. | 没错 我当然相信 |
[26:34] | Such a light as shone in our | 我们儿子散发着 |
[26:36] | son couldn’t be extinguished in an instant. | 那么耀眼的光芒 不可能就此熄灭 |
[26:39] | It shines bright and clear in Heaven. | 那光芒正在天堂闪闪发亮呢 |
[26:42] | We’ll see it in the stars tonight. | 今晚我们就能通过星星瞥见那一刹光 |
[26:44] | And they will guide us to him | 等我们大限已至之时 这些星光就会 |
[26:46] | when our own time comes. | 照亮我们团聚的道路 |
[26:50] | Yes. | 没错 |
[26:51] | Yes, they will. | 没错 就是这样 |
[26:54] | In the meantime, in the morning there’ll be the cow to milk | 与此同时 早上还要给奶牛挤奶 |
[26:58] | and maize to grind and fires to set. | 磨玉米 生柴火 |
[27:02] | There isn’t a family in England | 在英国 没有哪家餐桌上 |
[27:03] | that hasn’t got empty places at the table. | 是没有空位的 |
[27:06] | And we have only one. | 而我们家只有一个 |
[27:09] | Like I said… | 正如我所说的… |
[27:11] | God is merciful. | 上帝是仁慈的 |
[27:18] | Do you, Dad? | 你相信吗 父亲 |
[27:20] | Daughter? | 女儿 |
[27:22] | Do you really believe that Hamnet’s light still shines? | 你真的相信哈姆尼特的光芒还在闪耀吗 |
[27:25] | Yes, Sue. | 是的 苏 |
[27:27] | In you, in Judith, in his mother’s heart, and in mine. | 在你 茱蒂丝和你们的母亲心里 还有我心里 |
[27:31] | In… In every thought we have and breath we take, | 在… 在我们有生之年的每一次想念里 |
[27:35] | as long as we live. | 每一次呼吸里 |
[27:38] | But in Heaven, Dad? | 但你相信天堂吗 父亲 |
[27:40] | Do you believe we’ll see him again? | 相信我们会再次见到他 |
[27:43] | To hold him and kiss him, to shout at him and scold him? | 和他拥抱亲吻 和他嬉笑打闹 |
[27:49] | No, daughter, I don’t. | 不 女儿 我不相信 |
[27:52] | But your mother does. | 但你的母亲相信 |
[27:55] | And for all that she says I’m the clever one, | 她说我很聪明 |
[27:58] | in my experience, she’s right about most things. | 以我的经验来看 大多数事情她说得对 |
[28:08] | Grief fills the room up of my absent child. | 悲哀代替了不在我眼前的我的孩子的地位 |
[28:13] | Lies in his bed, walks up and down with me, | 它躺在他的床上 陪着我到东到西 |
[28:17] | puts on his pretty looks, repeats his words, | 装扮出美妙的申请 复述他的言语 |
[28:21] | remembers me of all his gracious parts, | 提醒我他一切可爱的美点 |
[28:25] | stuffs out his vacant garments with his form. | 是我看见他的遗蜕的衣服 就像看见他的形体一样 |
[28:30] | Then, have I reason to be fond of grief? | 所以我是有理由喜欢悲伤的 |
[28:38] | 哈姆尼特·莎士比亚 安妮和威廉唯一的儿子 生卒年月: 1585.1 – 1596.8 |