时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | I’m Sybil. | 我是茜波 |
[00:04] | We are talking about a living, breathing thing siren. | 这是个活生生的海妖 |
[00:08] | Damon is completely devoted to me. | 达蒙完全忠于我 |
[00:11] | This thing, it was delivered with your vault inhabitant. | 这个东西跟你的密室住客一起送来的 |
[00:13] | I think it was made in hell. | 我觉得这是在地狱制造的 |
[00:14] | It’s a tuning fork. | 是把音叉 |
[00:20] | Damon, it’s over. | 达蒙 结束了 |
[00:21] | You’re free now. | 你自由了 |
[00:23] | I wish that were the case, Stefan, | 真希望是如此 斯特凡 |
[00:24] | but my work with her is just getting started. | 但我和她的工作才刚开始 |
[00:26] | I really hoped that when we put Sybil down, | 我本希望我们放倒茜波 |
[00:28] | it’d break whatever control she had over him. | 就能打破她对他的控制 |
[00:30] | But somehow, some way, | 但不知怎么 |
[00:32] | she still has ahold of him. | 她还能控制他 |
[00:33] | What else is there to do? | 还有什么事 |
[00:35] | You still have too many attachments. | 你还是有太多牵挂 |
[00:37] | Too many people willing to fight for you. | 太多人愿意为你而战 |
[00:39] | We should work on that. | 这个问题得处理一下 |
[00:40] | Lockwood. | 洛克伍德 |
[00:41] | Damon, wait! | 达蒙 等等 |
[00:43] | Sirens use mind control to lure their victims to their death. | 海妖利用精神控制引诱受害者直至死亡 |
[00:46] | Some say they’re messengers of the devil. | 有人说他们是魔鬼的信使 |
[00:48] | I suppose every story has to start somewhere. | 我想每个故事都会有起因 |
[00:59] | Tell me a story. | 给我讲个故事 |
[01:01] | What kind of story? | 什么样的故事 |
[01:04] | Something happy. | 快乐的故事 |
[01:07] | A long time ago, | 很久以前 |
[01:09] | in a village | 有一个村庄 |
[01:10] | built on this very spot, | 就建在这里 |
[01:13] | lived a man. | 那里住了个男人 |
[01:15] | Arcadius. | 阿卡狄奥斯 |
[01:20] | Cade, to his friends, of which he had many. | 朋友喊他卡德 他有很多朋友 |
[01:25] | He was a gentle man, | 他是个绅士 |
[01:27] | loved and respected. | 深受爱戴和尊敬 |
[01:34] | But Cade could do something that no one else could: | 但卡德能做到别人都做不到的事 |
[01:38] | he could see into the minds of others. | 他可以读他人的心思 |
[01:51] | He was psychic? | 他会通灵吗 |
[01:52] | The first psychic. | 他是第一个 |
[01:55] | It was this power that gave him so much empathy towards others. | 这样的能力让他非常同情他人 |
[02:00] | And it was this power that would cost him his life. | 也正是这能力 害他丢了性命 |
[02:22] | The thing you imagine, brother– | 你所想象的事 兄弟 |
[02:26] | it is impure. | 是不纯洁的 |
[02:28] | It’s forbidden. | 是禁忌 |
[02:29] | If you allow me deeper into your mind, | 如果你容我深入你的内心 |
[02:32] | perhaps I can help quell your urges. | 或许我可以帮你平息你的冲动 |
[02:37] | Cade had only wanted to help. | 卡德只想帮忙 |
[02:38] | But he had overstepped. | 但他越界了 |
[02:45] | And the men, fearing his power, | 那些人 由于恐惧他的能力 |
[02:48] | turned even Cade’s friends against him. | 让卡德的朋友也与他反目 |
[02:53] | And it was then that Cade came to know | 那时 卡德才知道 |
[02:56] | the thing inside men | 人的内心 |
[02:57] | that even his power | 有他的能力 |
[02:59] | had not been able to divine: | 也无法参透的东西 |
[03:01] | true evil. | 真正的邪恶 |
[03:11] | I asked for a happy story. | 我说要快乐的故事 |
[03:14] | But it is, dear sister. | 但这就是的 好妹妹 |
[03:17] | For in death, Cade was triumphant. | 因为死 让卡德获胜 |
[03:20] | From that moment onward, | 那之后 |
[03:22] | evil men would be forever punished | 邪恶之人将永远 |
[03:25] | for their wicked deeds. | 因他们的恶行受罚 |
[03:27] | Cade had his revenge. | 卡德得以复仇 |
[03:29] | And someday, | 有一日 |
[03:32] | so will we. | 我们也会的 |
[04:00] | For future reference, | 以后记住 |
[04:02] | just because I spend the night with Bonnie | 就算我跟邦妮一起过夜 |
[04:04] | doesn’t mean you can’t sleep in your own bed. | 也不代表你不能睡在自己的床上 |
[04:06] | Right, yeah, no. I-I crashed at the Armory. | 嗯 不是 我来军械库睡了 |
[04:09] | I figured I’d give you two some space. | 我想给你俩点空间 |
[04:11] | How’s Bonnie doing? | 邦妮怎么样了 |
[04:13] | Glued to Enzo’s side, | 守在恩佐身边 |
[04:14] | despite all the awful things he’s saying to her. | 虽然他对她说了一堆过分的话 |
[04:16] | It’s gonna take another day or two of starving him | 得再饿他一两天 |
[04:18] | before she can get started with his humanity switch. | 她才能开始开启他的人性开关 |
[04:21] | Well, if anyone can bring him back, | 如果有人能把他唤醒 |
[04:22] | Bonnie can. | 就是邦妮了 |
[04:24] | Hey, you know what, | 知道吗 |
[04:25] | I should probably get going. | 我该挂了 |
[04:26] | Alaric and I | 阿拉里克和我 |
[04:27] | have a little date with a siren. | 还跟一位海妖有约 |
[04:29] | Be careful. | 小心 |
[04:31] | You’ve seen what Sybil can do | 你们见识过茜波 |
[04:32] | when she gets inside your head. | 进入你思想后能做什么了 |
[04:33] | As long as this tuning fork is ringing, she can’t. | 只要这音叉一直响 她就什么都做不了 |
[04:36] | Is there some sort of engaged person shorthand for | 有没有专供未婚妻表达 |
[04:39] | “Good luck and… I’m with you in spirit”? | “好运 我精神支持你”的说法 |
[04:41] | Yeah, I think it’s “I love you.” | 应该就是”我爱你” |
[04:44] | I love you, too. | 我也爱你 |
[04:48] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[04:48] | Oh, thank the nanny. She’s the unwitting enabler. | 谢保姆吧 她在不知情况地帮忙 |
[04:53] | I thought I told you not to come in today. | 我不是叫你今天不用来了吗 |
[04:55] | Well, I heard there was a coffee shortage and came running. | 我听说要没咖啡了 就跑来了 |
[04:59] | Well, actually, we’re in the middle of a major project. | 其实 我们在进行重要项目 |
[05:01] | So why don’t you take the day off… | 你今天还是休假… |
[05:02] | Major project? Sounds sketchy. | 重要项目 挺可疑 |
[05:04] | Got a girl tied up in the basement? | 是把哪个姑娘绑在地下室里了吗 |
[05:08] | Jokes. | 开玩笑 |
[05:10] | Okay, I’ll leave you to it. | 好吧 那不打扰了 |
[05:15] | I can only deal with one temptress at a time. | 我一次只能应付一个”妖艳贱货” |
[05:17] | Anyway, any word from Damon? | 总之 达蒙有消息吗 |
[05:19] | None. And that’s what worries me. | 没有 这让我担心 |
[05:37] | Earth to Planet Redneck. | 地球呼叫乡巴佬星球 |
[05:40] | Are you Peter Maxwell? | 你是皮特·麦克斯韦尔吗 |
[05:42] | No, Pete owns the place. | 不 皮特是老板 |
[05:43] | I’m just the hired help. | 我只是他雇的帮手 |
[05:45] | Name’s Lou. What can I do for you? | 我叫路 有什么事吗 |
[05:47] | I really need to talk to Pete. | 我真的得跟皮特谈谈 |
[05:50] | Well, have it your way. | 那好吧 |
[05:51] | He should be back in a bit. | 他应该就回来了 |
[05:54] | What exactly brings you out here? | 你是为什么来这儿 |
[05:56] | You know, it’s hard to say. | 不好说 |
[05:58] | To be honest, I’m not even the one | 老实说 根本不是我 |
[05:59] | that cares about finding your boss. | 那么想找你老板 |
[06:01] | There is a woman– and I use that term loosely– | 有个女人 可以这么说吧 |
[06:04] | named Sybil, who wants to. | 她叫茜波 她想找他 |
[06:07] | So, inexplicably, | 所以…具体不好解释 |
[06:10] | here I am. | 但我就来了 |
[06:12] | Sounds like that gal’s screwing with your head. | 看来那女人在摆布你的心啊 |
[06:15] | Oh, you have no idea. | 你根本无法想象 |
[06:17] | You’d be surprised. I’ve been married five times. | 未必 我结婚五次了 |
[06:21] | I take that back. | 那我收回 |
[06:24] | You do get me, Lou. | 你的确懂我 路 |
[06:26] | See, the catch is: | 问题是 |
[06:28] | Sybil and I had a thing, | 茜波和我有过一段关系 |
[06:30] | but it’s done. | 但已经结束了 |
[06:31] | In theory, I’m a free man, | 按理说 我已经自由了 |
[06:32] | but I still find mys doing whatever it is | 但我还是在做 |
[06:35] | I think she’d want me to be doing. | 我认为她希望我做的事 |
[06:38] | Hell, between you and me, | 就跟你说 |
[06:39] | I’d probably kill for her. | 我大概会为她杀人 |
[06:43] | Pete’ll be back soon. I should get back to work. | 皮特就回来了 我该回去工作了 |
[06:46] | No, | 不 |
[06:47] | you should do everything I say. | 你该完全照我说的做 |
[06:49] | Just answer one more question for me. | 再回答我一个问题 |
[06:52] | What’s the worst thing you’ve ever done? | 你做过的最糟的事是什么 |
[06:56] | I murdered one of those wives I told you about. | 我杀了我一个妻子 |
[06:58] | Made it look like an accident. | 还搞成了事故的样子 |
[07:01] | Don’t move. | 别动 |
[07:03] | Oh, damn. I was rooting for you, Lou. | 该死 我本来还挺喜欢你 路 |
[07:09] | I really was. | 真的 |
[07:19] | Now, like you said… | 就像你说的 |
[07:22] | get back to work. | 回去工作吧 |
[07:46] | The all-powerful siren. | 威力无边的海妖 |
[07:49] | Imprisoned by a fork. | 被一把叉子困住 |
[07:51] | Says the man who can be killed with a stick. | 一根木桩就能要你命 还敢这么狂妄 |
[07:54] | What is it about this thing that hurts you so much? | 这东西为什么能对你造成那么大伤害 |
[07:56] | And why does it hurt my kids? | 又为什么会伤害我的孩子 |
[07:58] | And here I thought you had me all figured out. | 我还以为你把我都看透了呢 |
[08:01] | Guess not. | 看来没有 |
[08:06] | If this disrupts your psychic ability, | 如果这能干扰你的灵力 |
[08:08] | then why is Damon still your puppet? | 那达蒙为什么还受你控制 |
[08:11] | I tinkered with the deepest reaches of his subconscious. | 我对他最深的潜意识动过手脚 |
[08:14] | If Damon’s still serving me, | 如果达蒙还在为我效劳 |
[08:16] | it’s because deep down, he wants to. | 是因为他内心深处想那么做 |
[08:19] | Why are you doing this to him? | 你为什么要这么对他 |
[08:21] | It’s all Damon, Damon, Damon. | 你就知道问达蒙 |
[08:24] | Aren’t you even a little curious about who I am? | 你难道就不好奇我吗 |
[08:27] | No, actually. | 并不 |
[08:29] | All I care about is how to save my brother. | 我只在乎怎么救我哥哥 |
[08:32] | Well, fortunately, | 幸好 |
[08:33] | the answer to your question is… | 你问题的答案是 |
[08:35] | a story. About me. | 一个故事 关于我的故事 |
[08:39] | You like stories, don’t you, Professor? | 你喜欢故事吧 教授 |
[08:41] | I prefer nonfiction. | 我喜欢非虚构的 |
[08:43] | Well, then you’ll love this one. | 那你肯定会喜欢这个 |
[08:46] | A long time ago, | 很久以前 |
[08:47] | in a little Mediterranean village, | 在一个地中海的小村庄里 |
[08:50] | there was a girl. | 有个女孩 |
[08:52] | As she came of age, | 她成年后 |
[08:53] | the village girl began to manifest psychic abilities, | 这个女孩开始显现出通灵能力 |
[08:56] | a trait that had been forbidden in her land | 这一点在她的国度 |
[08:58] | for as long as anyone could remember. | 一直都是禁忌 |
[09:00] | Help me, please! | 救我 |
[09:02] | The fate of psychics was exile. | 通灵者只能被流放 |
[09:05] | Which is how our poor, | 所以那位可怜 |
[09:06] | innocent, forsaken village girl | 无辜 被抛弃的女孩 |
[09:08] | ended up on a raft– | 最终乘着木筏 |
[09:10] | the current carrying her | 被海流拉着 |
[09:11] | into the rocks of a cold and distant shore. | 冲上了遥远岸边的冰冷岩石 |
[09:26] | But abandoned though she was meant to be, | 虽然她本该被就此抛弃 |
[09:29] | alone she was not. | 但她却并非只剩一人 |
[09:38] | There she met the girl of the island. | 她在那里结识了岛上的女孩 |
[09:46] | Exiled together, | 两人一起被放逐 |
[09:48] | connected in psychic ability, | 又同是通灵者 |
[09:50] | two sisters in everything but blood, | 两位没有血缘关系的好姐妹 |
[09:52] | destined from that moment to one day become… | 从那一刻 她们就注定终将成为 |
[09:57] | …the sirens. | 海妖 |
[09:59] | So you see, Stefan, | 你瞧 斯特凡 |
[10:00] | I understand why you would do anything for your brother. | 我能理解你为什么愿为哥哥付出一切 |
[10:05] | Because my sister will do anything for me. | 因为我姐姐也会为我付出一切 |
[10:10] | Will do? | “会” |
[10:12] | Present tense? | 现在时 |
[10:14] | Oh, did I forget to mention there are two of us? | 我忘记说我们有两个人了吗 |
[10:19] | Me in here. | 我在这里 |
[10:21] | And her out there. | 她在外面 |
[10:32] | Would you please stop doing that? | 你能不能别再那么做了 |
[10:36] | It is complete overkill. | 完全是过度杀戮 |
[10:38] | What do you mean, two sirens? | 两个海妖什么意思 |
[10:39] | I thought you were a scholar. | 你还是学者呢 |
[10:41] | Every single mythological interpretation of who I am | 所有对我的神话解读中 |
[10:44] | mentions sirens… plural. | 都说过有不止一个海妖 |
[10:47] | Well, those same myths also say | 那些神话里还说 |
[10:49] | that you should have the lower half of a bird. | 你下半身应该是鸟呢 |
[10:52] | Well, luckily for us all, | 幸好 |
[10:54] | you can’t believe everything that you read. | 传说并不都是真的 |
[10:57] | Enough. | 够了 |
[10:58] | Who is she? | 她是谁 |
[10:59] | Patience, Stefan. | 耐心 斯特凡 |
[11:01] | I promise you’ll find out soon enough. | 你很快就会知道了 |
[11:19] | Crap. | 该死 |
[11:42] | Don’t move, or I call the police! | 别动 否则我报警了 |
[11:50] | It’s the intern. | 是实习生啊 |
[11:52] | The nanny. | 是保姆啊 |
[11:54] | It’s Georgie, right? | 叫乔治 是吧 |
[11:56] | Do you break into houses often? | 你经常擅闯民宅吗 |
[11:58] | I got to get into Alaric’s bed somehow. | 我总得想办法上阿拉里克的床 |
[12:01] | Okay, the boss man just asked me | 好吧 老板让我 |
[12:04] | to bring this journal back to the Armory, | 把这本日记带回军械库 |
[12:05] | and like a dumbass, | 我个蠢蛋 |
[12:07] | I didn’t think to ask him for the keys. | 忘记管他要钥匙了 |
[12:08] | I just figured I’d save myself an embarrassing call. | 我觉得打电话去问太尴尬 |
[12:11] | Well, the call I’m about to make | 那我现在要打的电话 |
[12:13] | is probably even more embarrassing. | 恐怕要更尴尬了 |
[12:15] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[12:16] | Maybe you better stay put. | 或许你最好别乱动 |
[12:18] | Maybe you should stick to naps and snacks. | 或许你就管你的尿布和零食就好 |
[12:21] | Okeydokey. Calling Ric. | 好吧 这就打给里克 |
[12:23] | I really wouldn’t do that if I were you. | 我劝你还是别那么做 |
[12:40] | You must be Peter Maxwell. | 你就是皮特·麦克斯韦尔吧 |
[12:41] | Who the hell are you? | 你是谁 |
[12:42] | Damon Salvatore. AKA… | 达蒙·塞尔瓦托 也就是 |
[12:45] | the guy that barbecued your little grease monkey over there. | 把你的汽修工变成烤肉的人 |
[12:49] | No offense, Pete, | 别介意 皮特 |
[12:50] | but I don’t think that extinguisher’s gonna work. | 但我觉得那灭火器是没用的 |
[12:52] | Lou’s got a date for an eternal burn. | 路要去被永恒烈火炙烤了 |
[12:57] | Before you make that phone call, | 你打电话之前 |
[12:59] | I want you to ask yourself one question. | 我要你自问一个问题 |
[13:01] | If I just murdered your faithful manservant in cold blood, | 如果我刚刚冷血地杀害了你忠诚的仆人 |
[13:04] | why would I have any problem murdering you? | 我怎么会介意杀你呢 |
[13:10] | Good boy. | 乖 |
[13:12] | But that was a trick question, Pete. | 那是陷阱问题 皮特 |
[13:13] | I can’t actually kill you… yet. | 我不能杀你 现在还不能 |
[13:17] | Well, that’s comforting, I guess. | 这还算让人宽心吧 |
[13:18] | You ever meet a girl named Sybil? | 你认识一个叫茜波的女孩吗 |
[13:19] | About yay high, hot as hell. | 大概这么高 非常性感 |
[13:21] | Face rots off when she doesn’t feed on human flesh? | 如果不吃人肉脸就会腐坏 |
[13:24] | You’re insane. | 你疯了 |
[13:25] | I’m gonna take that as a no, Pete. | 我就当是不认识了 皮特 |
[13:27] | Then again, you could be lying to me. | 不过 你也可能是在对我撒谎 |
[13:31] | Now tell me the truth. | 告诉我实话 |
[13:32] | – Do you have any idea what I’m talking about? – ?No. | -你知道我说的是什么吗 -不知道 |
[13:35] | Everything you’re saying sounds crazy. | 你说的一切听上去都很疯狂 |
[13:42] | Damn it. | 该死 |
[13:43] | I’m gonna make this as simple as I can. | 我会尽量把事情简单化 |
[13:45] | You have something Sybil wants, | 你有茜波想要的什么东西 |
[13:47] | I’m gonna deliver it. | 而我得拿去给她 |
[13:48] | You can take whatever it is and just go. | 你想拿什么都行 然后走吧 |
[13:51] | That’s option, Pete. | 这不行 皮特 |
[13:53] | I don’t exactly know what I’m looking for. | 我并不知道我在找什么 |
[13:55] | Then how are you supposed to find it? | 那你要怎么找到 |
[13:57] | We, Pete. We. | 我们 皮特 我们去找 |
[13:59] | Here’s the deal. | 是这样的 |
[14:00] | All I consciously know is that it’s a Maxwell family heirloom. | 我明面上知道那是一样麦克斯韦尔传家宝 |
[14:04] | But subconsciously, I’m pretty damn sure | 但潜意识里 我确信 |
[14:06] | I’ll know it when I see it. | 我看到时就会知道是它了 |
[14:08] | Okay? So where should we start looking? | 好吗 那我们该从哪开始找 |
[14:11] | I-I have no idea. | 我不知道 |
[14:12] | Look, the only family I have is my son. | 我唯一的家人就是我儿子 |
[14:15] | I need you to think real hard, | 我得好好想 |
[14:17] | ’cause your life depends on it. | 因为你要活命就看这个了 |
[14:19] | A couple years ago, | 几年前 |
[14:19] | my grandmother died, all right? | 我祖母死了 |
[14:21] | She left me a box of stuff. | 她给我留下一箱东西 |
[14:23] | Sounds promising. | 有希望 |
[14:24] | What kind of stuff we talking about? | 都是什么东西 |
[14:25] | I don’t know. I never opened it. | 我不知道 我没打开过 |
[14:27] | Family’s a bit of a sore spot with me. | 家庭对我来说是个伤痛 |
[14:29] | Trust me, I know the feeling, man. | 相信我 这感觉我理解 |
[14:31] | Where’s this box, Pete? | 这箱子在哪 皮特 |
[14:33] | It’s somewhere in the storage room. | 在仓库里什么地方 |
[14:34] | My son was looking for it a while back. | 我儿子前一阵去找过 |
[14:36] | – Maybe he found it, all right? – ?Oh, good. | -或许他找到了 -很好 |
[14:38] | Call Junior. Get him over here. | 打给他 叫他过来 |
[14:40] | Now. | 马上 |
[14:45] | It’s Seline. You got this? | 是席琳 你能行吧 |
[14:48] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[14:50] | Seline? Suspicious name. | 席琳 好可疑的名字 |
[14:53] | Very siren-y. | 非常像海妖 |
[14:54] | How about we just focus on you and your sister? | 我们就说你和你姐姐吧 |
[14:57] | I think I’ll just wait for Alaric to get back. | 我还是等阿拉里克回来吧 |
[15:02] | You’re stalling. | 你在拖时间 |
[15:03] | Who is she? | 她是谁 |
[15:05] | You think hurting me is gonna speed this up? | 你觉得伤害我能加速进展吗 |
[15:16] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[15:17] | Now, despite enjoying each other’s company, | 尽管她们喜欢跟彼此待在一起 |
[15:20] | the girls had another constant companion… | 但她们还有另一个一直存在的”伴侣” |
[15:23] | hunger. | 饥饿感 |
[15:25] | The one who had survived on the island this long had a plan. | 而在岛上活了那么久的姐姐有个计划 |
[15:30] | Call out to them with me. | 跟我一起召唤他们 |
[15:33] | They will never hear us. | 他们不可能听到我们 |
[15:36] | Raise your voice, | 吼出来 |
[15:38] | and your mind will soar out to meet it. | 你的思绪也会随之一起翱翔 |
[15:47] | Help! | 救命 |
[15:49] | Over here! | 这边 |
[15:50] | Help! | 救命 |
[15:51] | Help! Help! | 救命 救命 |
[15:53] | – Please. – Over here. | -拜托 -这边 |
[15:55] | – Help! – Over here. | -救命 -这边 |
[15:57] | They heard us. | 他们听到了 |
[15:59] | The ship is coming our way. | 船要过来了 |
[16:01] | We are saved. | 我们得救了 |
[16:05] | Over here. | 这边 |
[16:09] | But the girl of the island knew better. | 但岛上的女孩明白事理 |
[16:11] | She had done this before, | 她此前这么做过 |
[16:13] | called out to passing sailors with her mind. | 靠意志召唤过往的水手 |
[16:16] | But no matter how keen her psychic reach, | 但不管她的灵力多么强大 |
[16:19] | the shoals around the island were sharper. | 环岛的浅滩更加厉害 |
[16:22] | So you beached the ship. | 所以你们让船搁浅了 |
[16:24] | Try annihilated. | 是毁灭 |
[16:25] | Dashed upon the rocks, dooming its sailors to death. | 撞碎在岩石上 水手都注定丧命 |
[16:29] | But, silver lining, | 但好处是 |
[16:31] | their sweet, sweet provisions | 他们美味的粮食 |
[16:33] | would soon wash up on shore. | 很快就会冲上岸 |
[16:46] | The tides were not in our favor today. | 潮水今天对我们不利 |
[16:49] | This is all that washed up. | 就冲上来这点 |
[16:51] | You knew this would happen? | 你早知道会如此 |
[16:53] | The island is barren, | 岛上不长粮食 |
[16:55] | save for berries and wild boar. | 只有浆果和野猪 |
[16:58] | This way is easier… | 这样更简单 |
[17:00] | and more fun. | 也更好玩 |
[17:04] | Sister, do not weep for them. | 妹妹 别为他们流泪 |
[17:08] | Those sailors were from our village. | 那些水手就来自我们的村子 |
[17:11] | The same men who banished us here to die. | 就是他们放逐我们来这里自生自灭 |
[17:14] | Never again. | 再不那么做了 |
[17:16] | If we cannot live off of what God has provided for us, | 如果我们不能靠上帝的恩赐活下去 |
[17:20] | then we are not meant to live at all. | 那或许我们本就不该活下去 |
[17:24] | Promise me? | 答应我 |
[17:29] | Stop me if this sounds familiar. | 如果听上去耳熟了就打断我 |
[17:32] | One good sibling, determined to live like a monk, | 一个好妹妹 决心过清心寡欲的生活 |
[17:35] | and one selfishly evil sibling, | 一个自私邪恶的姐姐 |
[17:38] | willing to murder to satiate their hunger. | 则愿杀人来满足她们的欲望 |
[17:42] | Oh, come on, you get it. | 得了 你懂的 |
[17:44] | The parallels are too good. | 这重合多么美妙 |
[17:47] | Our story is your story, Stefan. | 我们的故事就是你的故事 斯特凡 |
[17:50] | So now here’s the test. | 所以测试来了 |
[17:53] | Which girl are you? | 你是哪个姐妹 |
[18:04] | So, uh, what do you think? | 你觉得是吗 |
[18:07] | I think it’s a hood ornament, Pete. | 这就是引擎盖标识 皮特 |
[18:09] | Vintage Rolls-Royce. | 老版劳斯莱斯 |
[18:13] | I also think that you’re in danger of losing a real life. | 我还觉得 你有真丧命的危险 |
[18:16] | I’m doing what you asked. | 我在照你说的做了 |
[18:18] | Oh, are you? | 是吗 |
[18:19] | I compelled you to find what I needed. | 我控制你去找我要的东西 |
[18:21] | You keep bringing me a bunch of junk. | 而你总拿垃圾糊弄我 |
[18:26] | Where’d you get that watch? | 那表是哪来的 |
[18:28] | My son gave it to me. What difference does it make? | 我儿子给我的 有什么要紧的 |
[18:30] | Considering that it’s a family heirloom, | 由于那是传家宝 |
[18:32] | quite a bit– hand it over. | 很要紧 拿过来 |
[18:45] | You’re on vervain. | 你用了马鞭草 |
[18:47] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[18:48] | You lied to me, Pete. | 你骗了我 皮特 |
[18:51] | And you know what happens to liars. | 你知道撒谎的下场 |
[18:58] | They go straight to hell. | 会下地狱的 |
[19:06] | Donovan? | 多诺万 |
[19:11] | Dad. | 爸爸 |
[19:17] | Let me see it. | 我看看 |
[19:23] | All right, look, it’s not that bad, okay? | 好了 没那么糟糕 |
[19:24] | Just keep some pressure on it, you’re gonna be fine. | 继续按住 你不会有事 |
[19:26] | Don’t lie to me, Matt. | 别骗我 马特 |
[19:28] | Look, you’re gonna be fine | 你不会有事 |
[19:29] | if you do exactly as I say. | 只要你完全照我说的做 |
[19:34] | What are you doing? ? | 你干什么呢 |
[19:35] | I need you to drink his blood. | 你得喝他的血 |
[19:36] | – Why? – ?I’ll explain later, | -为什么 -我回头解释 |
[19:37] | but right now I need you to trust me, okay? | 但你现在得信任我 |
[19:40] | – Drink. ?- N-No… | -喝 -别 |
[19:47] | Wha-What? | 怎么 |
[19:57] | – What just happened? – I told you I’ll explain everything. | -怎么回事 -我说了我回头解释 |
[19:59] | But first I need to understand | 但首先 我得搞明白 |
[20:00] | why Damon was trying to hurt you. | 达蒙为什么要伤害你 |
[20:01] | Wait, you’re telling me you, you knew this guy? | 等等 你是说 你认识这人 |
[20:04] | I’m telling you that I know him. | 我了解他 |
[20:06] | He’s not dead. Not exactly. | 他没死呢 不算死了 |
[20:09] | I know. None of this makes any sense, and I know. | 我知道 这一切都不合理 |
[20:11] | I tracked you down a few months ago | 我几个月前找到了你 |
[20:12] | and I didn’t tell you about any of this. | 但我没告诉你这一切 |
[20:13] | Okay, I’m sorry, but I promise, | 对不起 但我保证 |
[20:15] | if you go to the truck right now, I’ll explain everything. | 如果你现在去车上 我会解释一切 |
[20:17] | I just don’t want you to see what happens next. | 我不希望你看到接下来要发生的事 |
[20:30] | Look, I… I feel silly calling. It’s probably nothing. | 听着 打给你有点傻 可能没什么 |
[20:33] | Why, what’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[20:34] | Well, your intern Georgie, she broke into the house. | 你的实习生 乔治 闯进了家里 |
[20:38] | Wait, she what? | 等等 什么 |
[20:39] | And she took a book. | 她拿走了本书 |
[20:40] | Some dead guy’s journal. | 一个死人的日记 |
[20:41] | Said that she was bringing it back to you? | 说是要拿去给你 |
[20:43] | Well, are you okay? Are the girls? | 你没事吧 女儿们呢 |
[20:45] | Yeah. Why? | 没事 怎么 |
[20:46] | Should I be more worried? | 我该担心吗 |
[20:47] | I mean, she’s just a little weirdo, right? | 她就是个怪胎吧 |
[20:52] | It’s, uh, it’s fine. Hey, thanks for calling. | 没事 多谢打来 |
[20:54] | I-I gotta call you back, okay? | 我再回你 |
[21:03] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[21:09] | Georgie? | 乔治 |
[21:11] | I’m here. Sorry. | 我在这儿 抱歉 |
[21:13] | Wait! | 等等 |
[21:16] | Look, we don’t have to be enemies. | 听着 我们不非得做敌人 |
[21:17] | Damon and I had nothing to do with the Armory | 达蒙和我跟军械库毫无关系 |
[21:19] | until you possessed him. | 直到你控制了他 |
[21:21] | If we’re enemies, it’s because you chose this path. | 如果我们成了敌人 也是你的选择 |
[21:24] | I didn’t ask for any of this. | 我没想要发生这一切 |
[21:26] | God. You sound just like her. | 天呐 你语气跟她一样 |
[21:28] | A victim to the last. | 总是扮受害者 |
[21:32] | She insisted the island would nourish them. | 她坚持认为 小岛会养活她们 |
[21:35] | And when it didn’t, her faith was shaken. | 当不如愿时 她的信念动摇了 |
[21:38] | God did not provide. | 上帝没能供养她们 |
[21:40] | That was up to her sister. | 只有她姐姐能 |
[21:43] | The other side of the island was the wild boars’ domain. | 小岛另一边属于野猪 |
[21:46] | It was dangerous, but she knew she must hunt. | 虽然危险 但她知道她得狩猎 |
[21:49] | And behold. | 看啊 |
[21:50] | God was good. | 上帝多好 |
[21:53] | Or maybe there were no boars on the island. | 或许岛上根本没有野猪 |
[21:55] | You kept luring ships into the rocks. | 你不停把船引去撞岩石 |
[21:57] | Killing for provisions. | 杀人取粮 |
[21:59] | And do you want to know the sickest part of all? | 你想知道最变态的部分吗 |
[22:03] | There were no provisions on the ships. | 船上根本没有粮食 |
[22:06] | Only sailors. | 只有水手 |
[22:09] | And so, an innocent girl became a monster. | 于是 一个无辜的女孩成了怪物 |
[22:12] | All because | 就因为 |
[22:13] | her older sibling forced her to adopt her lifestyle, | 她的姐姐逼她接受她的生活方式 |
[22:16] | even if it meant killing and eating men to stay alive. | 哪怕是要杀人 吃人来活命 |
[22:20] | So, I ask you again. | 我再问你一次 |
[22:23] | Which girl are you? | 你是哪个女孩 |
[22:27] | Here’s all you need to know. | 你只需要知道 |
[22:29] | Whatever Damon and I have done to one another in the past, | 不管我和达蒙过去对彼此做了什么 |
[22:32] | it has been forgiven. | 都已经被原谅了 |
[22:34] | He is my brother, | 他是我哥哥 |
[22:36] | and there’s nothing you can do that will ever change that. | 你做什么都不能改变这一点 |
[22:43] | I think you’ve overestimated your sibling. | 我觉得你高估你哥哥了 |
[22:46] | And clearly, I have underestimated mine. | 显然 我也低估了我的姐姐 |
[23:14] | Hey, sailor. | 你好 水手 |
[23:18] | What did you do to me? | 你对我做了什么 |
[23:19] | I’m in your head. | 我在你脑袋里 |
[23:21] | Well, our head, kind of. | 在我们脑袋里吧 |
[23:22] | My memories, your noggin. | 我的记忆 你的脑袋 |
[23:24] | Your silly fork stopped ringing. | 你的破岔子不再响了 |
[23:28] | There’s nowhere to run. | 无处可逃的 |
[23:30] | So walk with me. | 跟我走走吧 |
[23:33] | Oh, so is this where you attack my psyche? | 你要攻击我的内心了吗 |
[23:36] | Try to break me down? | 让我崩溃 |
[23:37] | Normally, yes. | 一般来说 是的 |
[23:38] | But the boss has other plans for you. | 但老大对你另有安排 |
[23:41] | The boss? | 老大 |
[23:42] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么呢 |
[23:44] | He thinks you’re worthy of hearing the whole story. | 他认为你该听到完整的故事 |
[23:48] | Shall we continue? | 我们继续吧 |
[23:57] | For years, my sister and I lived as cannibals. | 多年来 我和姐姐靠食人生活 |
[24:00] | One willingly, | 一个是自愿 |
[24:02] | one blissfully ignorant. | 一个则幸运的毫不知情 |
[24:04] | Until I discovered this. | 直到我发现了这个 |
[24:07] | Where my sister had buried the sailors she had murdered. | 我姐姐把她杀的水手都埋在这里 |
[24:11] | Only visible at low tide. | 只有落潮时才看得到 |
[24:13] | It was the perfect hiding spot. | 是完美的藏尸处 |
[24:15] | You discovered? | 你发现了 |
[24:19] | You’re not the girl from the island, are you? | 你不会是岛上的女孩吧 |
[24:21] | You’re the village girl. | 你是那个村子的姑娘 |
[24:23] | I tried. | 我试过了 |
[24:27] | I tried so hard to be good. | 我那么努力做好人 |
[24:31] | My sister forced this existence on me. | 我姐姐逼我过上了这样的生活 |
[24:34] | What, you expect me to have sympathy for you? | 怎么 你指望我同情你吗 |
[24:36] | After everything you’ve done? | 你做了那么多坏事 |
[24:38] | Maybe, maybe not. | 或许吧 或许不 |
[24:40] | It all comes down to the same question: | 最终的问题还是那个 |
[24:44] | which siren is your spirit animal, Stefan? | 你的灵魂是哪个海妖 斯特凡 |
[24:57] | Oh, come on, man, drop the act. | 得了 别装了 |
[24:59] | We both know you’re not gonna kill me. | 我们都知道你不会杀我的 |
[25:02] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[25:02] | That seems to be your solution for everything. | 你似乎事事都靠这个解决 |
[25:04] | Maybe I should give it a shot. | 或许我该试试 |
[25:05] | I’m sorry, Matt, I know this is supposed to scare me, | 对不起 马特 我知道你是想吓我 |
[25:08] | but fear is an emotion, | 但恐惧是情绪 |
[25:09] | and ever since I flipped my switch, | 自从我关闭了人性 |
[25:11] | I’m kind of operating without them. | 我就已经没有感情了 |
[25:13] | All I’m getting from you | 我从你身上 |
[25:15] | is desperation. | 只能看到绝望 |
[25:17] | You’re right, Damon, I am desperate. | 是啊 达蒙 我是绝望 |
[25:20] | And for once, | 这一次 |
[25:21] | I don’t care about your drama. | 我不在乎你的破事 |
[25:23] | I don’t give a damn if you shut your humanity off. | 我不在乎你是不是关闭了人性 |
[25:25] | All I want to know is why you tried to kill my father. | 我只想知道你为什么想杀我爸爸 |
[25:27] | Look, man, in my defense, | 我要说一句 |
[25:29] | I didn’t know he was your dad. | 我并不知道他是你爸爸 |
[25:31] | I always thought you were a bastard. | 我一直以为你是私生子 |
[25:33] | Shut up, I’m done playing games. | 闭嘴 我不跟你玩游戏 |
[25:37] | Well, Tyler Lockwood is gonna be very sad to hear that. | 泰勒·洛克伍德知道了会很伤心的 |
[25:40] | Because if you don’t play along, | 如果你不配合 |
[25:42] | he dies. | 他就没命 |
[25:44] | Maybe you care about that? | 或许这你还在乎吧 |
[25:48] | Not even you’re that stupid. | 你不会没那么蠢 |
[25:49] | Humanity or not, nobody’d forgive you for that. | 不管有没有人性 没人会原谅你犯下那种错误 |
[25:52] | Especially Elena. | 尤其是埃琳娜 |
[25:53] | Well, that’s the whole point, you idiot. | 问题就在这里 白痴 |
[25:56] | Apparently, you’ve been out of the loop for a while, Matt, | 看来你好久不了解情况了 马特 |
[25:58] | so allow me to bring you up to speed. | 我来给你讲讲吧 |
[26:01] | Elena and I are through. | 埃琳娜和我 结束了 |
[26:04] | In fact, | 事实上 |
[26:06] | I’ve been seeing another woman. | 我最近跟别的女人搞在了一起 |
[26:08] | You’re lying. Last time I knew, Tyler was up in, uh… | 你撒谎 据我所知 泰勒在… |
[26:10] | In New York? | 纽约吗 |
[26:12] | Am I lying or being completely truthful | 我是在撒谎吗 还是说真话 |
[26:14] | when I tell you that I ripped into Tyler’s throat last night? | 我昨晚咬了泰勒的脖子 |
[26:19] | And then I took him on a road trip. | 然后我带他去公路旅行 |
[26:21] | Left him bleeding in the back of a green Mustang | 让他在一辆绿野马后座上流血 |
[26:23] | at the Park ‘N Go off I-20, | 停在I20公路旁的停车场 |
[26:26] | right across the border. | 就在边境那边 |
[26:28] | Now, is that too specific for a lie? | 这么详细会是谎话吗 |
[26:33] | It’s your move, Matt. | 该你了 马特 |
[26:35] | Ticktock. | 时间不多了 |
[26:39] | If you hurt Tyler, | 如果你伤害了泰勒 |
[26:40] | I swear to God, I will kill you. | 我对天发誓 我会杀了你 |
[26:45] | Well, you can swear to God all you want. | 随你怎么对天发誓 |
[26:48] | He’s not the one listening. | 但听到的不会是他 |
[27:09] | Stefan. | 斯特凡 |
[27:11] | Or Caroline. | 或是卡罗琳 |
[27:12] | I guess this is my modern-day version | 看来这是我现代版的 |
[27:14] | of a dead man’s journal. | 死人日记了 |
[27:16] | P.S. I believe Georgie is the second siren, | 此外 我认为乔治就是第二个海妖 |
[27:19] | in case you haven’t figured it out. | 如果你们还没想明白 |
[27:21] | Ironically, Georgie is how I know the way out of here | 讽刺的是 因为乔治 我知道这里 |
[27:25] | is through a tunnel system behind one of these walls. | 一面墙后面有隧道可以通出去 |
[27:27] | Anyway, to find that wall and pass through it, | 总之 想通过那堵墙 |
[27:29] | I have to deprive myself of sight and sound. | 我得蒙眼 堵住耳朵 |
[27:31] | Now, while blindfolding myself is easy… | 虽然蒙眼很简单 |
[27:35] | the hearing part, | 屏蔽听力 |
[27:36] | it’s gonna be tough. | 就比较难了 |
[27:42] | Anyway, | 总之 |
[27:44] | nothing a little vampire blood can’t fix on the “B” side. | 反正出去了 也有吸血鬼血可以帮我痊愈 |
[27:47] | At least that’s what I keep telling myself, so, | 至少我一直在这么安慰自己 |
[27:49] | on that reassuring note… | 既然都”放心”了 |
[27:52] | over and out. | 录像结束 |
[28:06] | I couldn’t believe it. | 我难以置信 |
[28:08] | All those years, | 那么多年 |
[28:09] | my sister tricked me into eating human flesh. | 我姐姐一直在骗我吃人肉 |
[28:13] | But I had to hear the truth from her mouth, | 但我要听她亲口承认 |
[28:15] | so I confronted her. | 所以我去质问了她 |
[28:18] | You should’ve seen the look on her face. | 你真该看到她脸上的表情 |
[28:21] | Oh, wait, you will. | 等等 你会看到的 |
[28:24] | Here she comes now. | 她来了 |
[28:33] | No. | 不 |
[28:34] | Stefan, you’ve met my sister. | 斯特凡 你见过我姐姐了 |
[28:37] | Seline. | 席琳 |
[28:42] | Get it tucked in for you. | 给你盖上 |
[28:45] | One second, chickadees. | 稍等 小家伙 |
[28:49] | – Hello? – Alaric is trapped. | -喂 -阿拉里克被困住了 |
[28:51] | Why did you make me do that? | 你为什么逼我这么做 |
[28:53] | Just pull over wherever you are | 不管你在哪 停车 |
[28:55] | and stay there, I will find you. | 待在那里 我会找到你 |
[28:57] | We’ll talk about it then. | 我们到时再说 |
[29:00] | Will you tell us a story? | 能给我们讲个故事吗 |
[29:02] | Sure, sweetie. What kind of story? | 当然 亲爱的 什么样的故事 |
[29:04] | Nothing sad. | 不要悲伤的 |
[29:08] | Okay. | 好 |
[29:10] | I know just the one, | 我正好知道一个 |
[29:12] | but we’ll have to keep it between us. | 但不能说出去 |
[29:15] | No telling Mommy or Daddy. | 不能告诉爸爸或妈妈 |
[29:19] | It is called | 叫做 |
[29:20] | “The Legend of Arcadius.” | 《阿卡狄奥斯传奇》 |
[29:33] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[29:35] | Little help in here. | 帮帮忙 |
[29:43] | Guess it’s time for plan B. | 看来该上B计划了 |
[29:59] | The bad news… | 坏消息是 |
[30:03] | Plan B always sucks. | B计划总是很糟糕 |
[30:19] | Hello, beautiful. | 你好 美人 |
[30:22] | I’ve been looking all over for you. | 我到处找你来着 |
[30:33] | Don’t ask me how I know this, | 别问我怎么知道的 |
[30:35] | or what the hell you’re supposed to do, | 或是你有什么作用 |
[30:38] | but Sybil’s gonna be very happy to see you. | 但茜波看到你会很高兴的 |
[30:43] | Seline is the other siren? | 席琳是另一个海妖 |
[30:45] | What’s more shocking? That she secretly fed me human flesh? | 哪样更令人震惊 她偷偷喂我人肉吃 |
[30:49] | Or that she’s now masquerading as a friggin’ nanny? | 还是她现在伪装成了保姆 |
[30:52] | Get out of my head. Now. | 滚出我的大脑 马上 |
[30:54] | Why, so you can go warn Alaric? | 干吗 你好去提醒阿拉里克吗 |
[30:57] | You’re assuming that I’m gonna let you remember this when you wake up. | 你以为等你醒来 我会让你记住这一切吗 |
[31:01] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[31:02] | Orders from above. | 上头有令 |
[31:04] | Well, below. | 好吧 下头 |
[31:18] | What did you do to me? | 你对我做了什么 |
[31:19] | You tell me. | 你说呢 |
[31:21] | What do you remember? | 你记得什么 |
[31:27] | You confronted your sister. | 你质问了你姐姐 |
[31:31] | She turned you into a cannibal against your wishes. | 她违背你的意愿 让你食人 |
[31:34] | And who exactly is my sister? | 我姐姐是谁 |
[31:42] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[31:45] | How frustrating. | 太让人沮丧了 |
[31:48] | Why are you still here? | 你怎么还在这儿 |
[31:50] | I was out cold, you were in my head. | 我都昏过去了 你进入了我的大脑 |
[31:53] | Why didn’t you escape? | 你为什么没逃 |
[31:54] | And leave you with such a dramatic cliffhanger? | 然后吊你胃口吗 |
[31:57] | I’m not that evil. | 我没那么坏啦 |
[32:00] | I was about to answer your question. | 我正要回到你的问题 |
[32:03] | How you can save your brother. | 你要如何救你哥哥 |
[32:05] | But for the last time, I need to know: | 但我最后问一次 |
[32:08] | are you an island girl or a village girl? | 你是岛上那姑娘 还是村子那姑娘 |
[32:13] | Wait! | 等等 |
[32:14] | Answer me, Stefan. This is important. | 回答我 斯特凡 这很重要 |
[32:17] | Who are you in this story? | 你是故事里的谁 |
[32:20] | The victim, who tried for years not to feed on human blood, | 受害者 多年来努力不喝人血 |
[32:24] | only for his selfish brother to blow into town and ruin it all? | 直到自私的哥哥闯进镇里来 毁了一切 |
[32:27] | Or are you the monster, | 还是禽兽 |
[32:29] | who sealed his brother’s fate the day you forced him | 逼着哥哥变成吸血鬼的那天 |
[32:32] | to turn into a vampire? | 就注定了他的命运 |
[32:33] | Who doomed his brother to an eternity of misery | 就因为害怕孤独 而让哥哥 |
[32:36] | because you were afraid of being alone? | 过上永世的痛苦生活 |
[32:38] | There you go again. | 你又来了 |
[32:40] | Old history. | 翻旧账 |
[32:42] | You’d be surprised how fresh it is in Damon’s mind. | 你想不到这一切在达蒙脑海里多么鲜活 |
[32:46] | Answer me. | 回答我 |
[32:47] | Who are you? | 你是哪个 |
[32:57] | I’m both. | 都是 |
[33:04] | I was wrong about you, Stefan. | 我还担心你来着 斯特凡 |
[33:08] | You are worthy. | 你是配的 |
[33:11] | You’re ready for the truth. | 你准备好听真相了 |
[33:14] | When I learned the truth about what my sister had done | 当我得知了姐姐做的事的真相 |
[33:17] | for me, | 我 |
[33:18] | I did the only thing a decent person could do. | 做了一个正派的人唯一能做的事 |
[33:22] | I threw myself off the cliffs. | 我跳下了悬崖 |
[33:25] | As I lay dying, I prayed. | 我死时祈祷着 |
[33:27] | For mercy. | 祈求仁慈 |
[33:29] | For love. | 祈求爱 |
[33:29] | – Help… somebody help… – For forgiveness. | -救命啊 -祈求宽恕 |
[33:33] | But God never answered me. | 但上帝并未回应我 |
[33:36] | Instead, he did. | 而是他回应了 |
[33:38] | My beautiful, broken children. | 我美丽 受伤的孩子 |
[33:44] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[33:46] | You know. | 你知道的 |
[33:47] | Arcadius? | 阿卡狄奥斯 |
[33:50] | Everyone calls me Cade. | 大家都喊我卡德 |
[33:52] | You are supposed to be dead. | 你不是死了吗 |
[33:54] | Rest assured. | 放心 |
[33:56] | I am. | 我是死的 |
[34:00] | My sister. | 我妹妹 |
[34:01] | Can you help her? | 你能帮她吗 |
[34:03] | Yes. | 能 |
[34:05] | But… | 但是 |
[34:07] | there is a price. | 是有代价的 |
[34:09] | Anything. | 什么都行 |
[34:12] | My sister… | 我姐姐 |
[34:15] | She made a deal with Cade. | 她跟卡德做了交易 |
[34:18] | Immortality, | 我们 |
[34:19] | beauty and youth, for the two of us… | 将获得永生 美丽和青春 |
[34:23] | if only we served our new Lord and master. | 但我们要效力于我们的新主子 |
[34:27] | We feast on the flesh to keep us beautiful, | 我们吃人肉 以维持面目 |
[34:30] | and he collects the souls of the wicked. | 他则收集恶人的灵魂 |
[34:34] | In hell. | 去地狱 |
[34:36] | Hell? | 地狱 |
[34:39] | As in, literal hell. | 就是真正的地狱吗 |
[34:41] | Come on. | 得了 |
[34:42] | Just tell me the truth. | 跟我说实话吧 |
[34:44] | Who’s Cade? | 卡德是谁 |
[34:46] | What is he? | 他是什么人 |
[34:47] | He’s the answer to all your problems, Stefan. | 他是你问题的答案 斯特凡 |
[34:53] | You want to save your brother? | 你想救你哥哥 |
[34:56] | All you have to do is kill the Devil. | 你只需要杀掉魔鬼 |
[35:06] | I don’t believe you. | 我不信 |
[35:08] | Which part? We covered a lot of ground. | 哪部分 我们涉及了不少内容 |
[35:10] | Hell. The Devil. None of it exists. | 地狱 魔鬼 都不存在 |
[35:13] | Did you believe in vampires before you fell in love with one | 你爱上吸血鬼 成为吸血鬼之前 |
[35:16] | and became one yourself? | 又相信吸血鬼的存在吗 |
[35:17] | That’s the trouble with facts, Stefan. | 事实就是如此 斯特凡 |
[35:19] | They’re true whether you believe in them or not. | 不管你信不信 事实就是事实 |
[35:22] | I promise you, | 我保证 |
[35:23] | just as my sister promised me. | 就像我姐姐向我保证过 |
[35:25] | There was a man named Cade. | 的确有个叫卡德的男人 |
[35:29] | The people he loved damned him. | 而他爱的人害死了他 |
[35:32] | And only at the very end did he finally give up on them, | 直到最后 他才放弃他们 |
[35:34] | only when the smell of his burning flesh | 知道他闻到 |
[35:37] | was searing his nostrils, | 自己焦肉的味儿 |
[35:39] | did he see them for what they really were. | 他才看清他们的真面目 |
[35:44] | Monsters. | 禽兽 |
[35:46] | Just like you and me. | 就像你和我 |
[35:47] | So, Cade damned them in return. | 所以卡德诅咒了他们 |
[35:49] | With his last breath, he let loose a psychic blast so powerful | 他用最后一口气 释放了强大的灵力 |
[35:53] | that it created its own world. | 强大到创造了一个世界 |
[36:01] | Call it hell if you want. | 你可以称之为地狱 |
[36:03] | It doesn’t matter what name you give it | 你怎么称呼它并不重要 |
[36:05] | or whether you believe in it or not. | 你信不信也不重要 |
[36:07] | Either way, that is where Cade feeds | 不管怎样 卡德就在那里 |
[36:09] | on the souls of the damned. | 以被诅咒者的灵魂为食 |
[36:11] | It’s where he waits for you, Stefan. | 他也在那里等你 斯特凡 |
[36:16] | Stop making this about me. | 别再往我身上扯了 |
[36:18] | I’m trying to help my brother. | 我是想救我哥哥 |
[36:21] | Oh, but this is about you. | 但你就是重点 |
[36:23] | Did you really think | 你真以为 |
[36:25] | all your pathetic attempts at atonement | 你那些可悲的救赎企图 |
[36:27] | would save you from the fate that, deep down, | 就能让你避免你内心深处知道 |
[36:30] | you know you deserve? | 自己应得的命运吗 |
[36:32] | A fate befitting the glorious Ripper of Monterey? | 蒙特利开膛手应得的命运 |
[36:39] | No. | 不 |
[36:45] | That was almost 100 years ago. | 那都是近一百年前了 |
[36:46] | I’m not that person anymore. | 我已经不是那样的人了 |
[36:48] | It doesn’t matter, Stefan. | 无所谓 斯特凡 |
[36:50] | That stain will always be on your soul, | 那污点永远在你灵魂上 |
[36:52] | no matter how hard you try to wash it away. | 不管你多努力地想洗刷掉它 |
[36:55] | So, stop fighting. | 别再挣扎了 |
[36:58] | It’s easier that way. | 这样更简单 |
[37:02] | Maybe I do deserve it, | 或许我的确该下地狱 |
[37:05] | but Damon doesn’t, because I made him what he is. | 但达蒙不该 是我把他变成了这样 |
[37:09] | So, if it’s my fault, | 如果是我的错 |
[37:12] | damn me. | 那就诅咒我 |
[37:14] | Not him. | 别是他 |
[37:17] | Damon’s fate is already sealed. | 达蒙的命运已经注定 |
[37:20] | I reached into his mind and gave him a look at what awaits him, | 我深入他的头脑 让他看到了等待他的命运 |
[37:24] | and even that little spoonful | 就那一点点 |
[37:26] | was enough to make him flip his little humanity switch. | 就足以让他关闭了人性 |
[37:30] | He chose to serve Cade for all eternity, | 他选择永远效忠卡德 |
[37:33] | rather than experience another second in that kind of torment. | 而不是再经受片刻那样的折磨 |
[37:37] | Damon believes in hell. | 达蒙相信地狱 |
[37:41] | And soon you will, too. | 你很快也会的 |
[37:44] | Because you’re just as doomed as he is. | 因为你的命运跟他一样都注定了 |
[38:12] | So Mystic Falls is overrun with supernatural creatures, | 神秘瀑布镇被超自然生物占领了 |
[38:15] | and… vampires are real. | 吸血鬼是真的 |
[38:18] | They feed on human blood | 他们喝人血 |
[38:19] | and can even control people if they want to. | 还可以随心控制人类 |
[38:25] | Okay, so why couldn’t Damon compel me, then? | 好吧 达蒙为什么不能控制我 |
[38:27] | It’s because of that watch I gave you. | 因为我给你的那块表 |
[38:30] | It’s full of something called vervain. | 里面有马鞭草 |
[38:34] | A glass of vervain every day | 每天一杯马鞭草 |
[38:35] | keeps the vampires at bay. | 让吸血鬼离你远远的 |
[38:40] | Yeah. How’d you know that? | 嗯 你怎么知道 |
[38:41] | Something your great-grandmother used to say | 你曾祖母以前泡茶时 |
[38:43] | when she was making tea. | 会这么说 |
[38:46] | She was senile at the end, and… | 她到后来老糊涂了 |
[38:49] | leaving her behind, that was the hardest part | 离开神秘瀑布镇时 抛下她 |
[38:50] | about leaving Mystic Falls. | 是最艰难的部分 |
[38:54] | Look, | 听着 |
[38:55] | Matt, I don’t expect you to forgive me for abandoning you. | 马特 我不指望你原谅我抛弃了你 |
[38:59] | I had my reasons at the time. | 我当时自有原因 |
[39:02] | They don’t seem good enough now, not even to me. | 现在看上去不够好了 我都觉得不够好 |
[39:08] | Honestly, we all should’ve got out of that town | 老实说 我们都该趁有机会时 |
[39:09] | when we had the chance. | 离开那镇子 |
[39:26] | Hey, listen, Matt. Why don’t you, uh… | 听着 马特 要不你… |
[39:28] | You know, why don’t you take a walk? Let me do this. | 你去走走吧 让我来 |
[40:31] | The intern. | 实习生 |
[40:32] | Where is my sister? | 我姐姐呢 |
[40:34] | I tried. | 我努力了 |
[40:36] | I tried to free the girl in the cell, | 我想解救囚室里的女孩 |
[40:38] | just like you asked. | 就像你说的那样 |
[40:40] | And? | 然后呢 |
[40:42] | And, um, she told me to tell you… | 她让我告诉你 |
[40:46] | …to piss off. | 滚蛋 |
[40:49] | She doesn’t need your help. | 她不需要你帮忙 |
[40:53] | I tried. | 我努力了 |
[40:54] | Look, I’m sorry to have to involve you in this, sweetie. | 很抱歉把你卷了进来 亲爱的 |
[40:58] | It’s just that, in this case, | 只是 这一次 |
[41:00] | I really do have to kill the messenger. | 我真的得杀了传话的 |
[41:06] | By the way. That girl you killed in a car accident | 对了 你几年前在事故中 |
[41:08] | a few years ago? | 撞死的女孩 |
[41:10] | Kind of a deal breaker. | 这事不可原谅 |
[41:11] | Send Cade my regards. | 替我给卡德代好 |
[41:33] | What…? | 怎么… |
[41:36] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[41:42] | What’s happening to me?! | 我是怎么了 |
[41:48] | No! | 不 |
[41:51] | No! | 不 |