时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | You left your son. | 你抛弃了你儿子 |
[00:04] | – You abandoned your family. – I was ashamed! | -你抛弃了你的家人 -我觉得羞耻 |
[00:07] | I had to get out. | 我必须离开 |
[00:08] | It’s beautiful. | 太美了 |
[00:11] | My necklace. | 我的项链 |
[00:12] | I thought I’d never see it again. Thank you. | 我还以为再也找不到了 谢谢 |
[00:18] | You want your freedom in exchange for these two girls. | 你想用自由交换两个女孩 |
[00:21] | I’ll do it. Just let the girls go. | 我愿意 放了孩子们 |
[00:23] | I could become the Ripper that you want. | 我可以做你需要的开膛手 |
[00:25] | – You’d turn your humanity off? – For a short time, yes. | -你愿关闭人性 -关闭一段时间 |
[00:28] | I predict that, after a year with me, you won’t want to leave. | 我猜 跟我度过一年后你就不会想离开了 |
[00:31] | When it’s over, you let me and my brother go. | 等结束了 你要放了我和我哥哥 |
[00:33] | I made a deal. I serve him for a year and then I’m done. | 我做了协议 我要服务他一年 然后就结束了 |
[00:36] | What are you going to do? | 你要做什么 |
[00:38] | You’re gonna want to get under the hood | 你最好进入大脑 |
[00:40] | and flip that humanity switch, Stefan. | 关闭你的人性 斯特凡 |
[00:42] | Won’t be so painful. | 不会那么痛苦了 |
[00:56] | I’m Damon. | 我是达蒙 |
[00:59] | And I have anger issues. | 我有愤怒控制问题 |
[01:01] | Hi, Damon. | 你好 达蒙 |
[01:02] | Why don’t you tell us about what brought you | 跟大家讲讲你今天为什么会 |
[01:04] | to the meeting today? | 来参加会面吧 |
[01:05] | Well, I got my brother this job… | 我给我弟弟介绍了份工作 |
[01:07] | Actually, I asked for the job. | 其实 是我主动要求的 |
[01:09] | Yeah. Through my connections. | 是啊 但是我搭桥 |
[01:12] | Anyway, our boss gave Stefan new orders. | 总之 我们的老板给斯特凡下了新命令 |
[01:15] | And now, we’re supposed to push people | 现在 我们要逼迫人们 |
[01:17] | to make evil choices, and only then do we kill them | 做出邪恶选择 到那时 我们才可以杀了他们 |
[01:20] | and send their souls to the devil. | 让他们的灵魂去见魔鬼 |
[01:22] | I thought we were going for like, a… | 我们不是说好采用 |
[01:24] | – a veiled analogy. – Oh, they’re all compelled. | -模糊的比喻吗 -他们都被控制了 |
[01:27] | Clarity over cleverness. That’s what I always say. | 耍聪明不如直说 我一贯这么说 |
[01:29] | You’ve literally never said that before. | 你根本从没这么说过 |
[01:32] | Anyway, since he got this new job, | 总之 自从他开始做这份新工作 |
[01:35] | – he’s been difficult. Full of himself. – Okay. | -他一直很难搞 很自我 -好吧 |
[01:37] | He’s just jealous because I’m better at finding new clients. | 他就是嫉妒我更会找新客户 |
[01:40] | For instance. Who would you say is the worst person in this room? | 比如 你们觉得这屋里最糟的人是谁 |
[01:43] | Meg or Elizabeth? | 梅根 还是伊丽莎白 |
[01:45] | You both have said some pretty awful things. I’m sure that, | 你们都说了一些很糟糕的话 我相信 |
[01:47] | given the right opportunity, | 如果机会合适 |
[01:49] | one of them would make an evil choice. | 其中一个肯定能做出邪恶的选择 |
[01:51] | Small potatoes. I don’t even think they make the cut. | 小打小闹 我觉得她们不够格 |
[01:53] | Elizabeth. Quiet. | 伊丽莎白 别说话 |
[01:55] | – You too, Meg. – What about you? | -你也是 梅根 -你呢 |
[01:57] | What if you had to pick one person to die? | 如果你要选一个人死呢 |
[01:59] | Who would it be? Meg or Elizabeth? | 你会选谁 梅根还是伊丽莎白 |
[02:01] | – Wait, stop right there. – What if it was between you and Meg? | -等等 打住 -如果在你和梅根之间选呢 |
[02:04] | Would you want Meg to die? | 你会希望梅根死吗 |
[02:09] | Answer the question honestly. | 老实回答 |
[02:13] | Yes. | 是的 |
[02:15] | I would want her to die instead of me. | 我会希望她死而不是我死 |
[02:22] | What if both Meg and Elizabeth had to die, | 如果梅根和伊丽莎白都得死 |
[02:25] | in order for you to live? | 你才能活呢 |
[02:29] | Then I’d want them both to die. | 那我希望她们都死 |
[02:31] | What if we threw in everybody? | 如果是所有人呢 |
[02:34] | Choose between yourself and these people. | 选你自己和所有人 |
[02:36] | I want to live. | 我想活 |
[02:40] | I don’t care about any of them. | 我不在乎他们任何人 |
[02:50] | I think I’ve heard enough. | 我想我听够了 |
[02:51] | Yeah. Me, too. | 我也是 |
[03:09] | I thought we were only giving Cade | 我以为我们只把 |
[03:10] | the worst of the worst, like this guy. | 最坏的给卡德 比如他 |
[03:13] | Cade can have him. | 他给卡德 |
[03:14] | These are mine. | 他们是我的 |
[03:16] | What are you doing? | 你干什么呢 |
[03:18] | Meditating? | 冥想吗 |
[03:19] | It’s called self-control, Damon. | 这叫自控 达蒙 |
[03:21] | No dripping blood equals no temptation. | 不滴血就没有诱惑 |
[03:23] | I’m doing it right this time. | 我这次要好好来 |
[03:25] | Heads will remain intact. | 头不会掉下来 |
[03:28] | That’s a very fine line. | 好微妙的界线 |
[03:29] | Or a very fine neck membrane. | 或是好精致的颈膜 |
[03:31] | You know, your lack of faith in me is really starting | 你对我的不信任 真的开始 |
[03:34] | to get on my nerves. | 让我不爽了 |
[03:35] | I’m just saying, you have a Ripper history. | 我只是说 你有开膛手的历史 |
[03:37] | Are you sure you want to keep testing the blood-soaked waters? | 你确定要继续用血来考验自己吗 |
[03:40] | That’s why it’s called history. | 所以它叫历史 |
[03:41] | It won’t repeat. | 不会重演的 |
[03:44] | I’m all good. | 我没问题 |
[03:54] | Yeah. I can see that. | 嗯 看得出 |
[04:04] | Dear Elena, | 亲爱的埃琳娜 |
[04:05] | Sorry it’s been a while. | 抱歉很久没记了 |
[04:07] | Three weeks, to be exact. | 准确说 是三周 |
[04:09] | By now Bonnie’s probably filled | 邦妮到现在估计 |
[04:10] | pages and pages about how amazing Paris is. | 已经写了好多篇巴黎的精彩游记了 |
[04:14] | And Ric promised he’d write to you | 里克保证会给你写信 |
[04:15] | from his self-imposed witness protection with our kids. | 他带着我们的孩子自己去执行”证人保护计划”了 |
[04:19] | That leaves me, catching up on work projects | 所以只剩我 努力赶上工作的进度 |
[04:23] | and trying not to think about the past. | 并尽力不去想过去 |
[04:25] | Which is ironic, considering where my boss sent me today. | 考虑到我今天被老板派来哪里 这有些讽刺 |
[04:29] | By the way, Mystic Falls High School | 对了 神秘瀑布镇高中 |
[04:31] | looks exactly the same as when you last saw it. | 跟你最后见它时还一模一样 |
[04:35] | I’m sure you’ve noticed there’s someone missing from this entry. | 你肯定发现有人没有被提到 |
[04:38] | Stefan is with Damon now. | 斯特凡跟达蒙走了 |
[04:40] | I don’t know where he is, or what he’s doing, | 我不知道他在哪 或是在做什么 |
[04:42] | but I know it isn’t good. | 但我知道不是好事 |
[04:44] | So I’m doing everything I can | 所以我在尽我所能 |
[04:46] | to think about other things instead. | 想其他的事 |
[04:49] | Like I said, | 就像我说的 |
[04:50] | there’s always work. | 总还有工作可以投入 |
[04:52] | Yeah. I’m, like, an embedded journalist, | 嗯 我就像随行记者 |
[04:55] | only in history class. | 只不过是随一堂历史课 |
[04:56] | Slow news day? | 今天没什么新闻吗 |
[04:57] | Yeah. The school’s doing | 嗯 学校在为 |
[04:58] | a big ramp-up for Founder’s Day. | 创始人日做宣传 |
[05:00] | They specifically requested me, for the alumni angle. | 他们特地叫我来 作为校友进行报道 |
[05:03] | But I was just calling to see what you were doing for lunch. | 但我打来想问问你午餐要做什么 |
[05:06] | You know? I could save you a seat in the cafeteria. | 我可以在餐厅给你留个位置 |
[05:09] | Raincheck. | 改日 |
[05:10] | I’m on my way out to the Armory | 我正往军械库去 |
[05:11] | to deliver the St. John box that Tyler left behind. | 把泰勒留下的圣约翰资料送去 |
[05:15] | Just doing Ric a favor. | 就是帮里克个忙 |
[05:17] | You doing okay? | 你没事吧 |
[05:19] | I’m… fine. | 我还好 |
[05:23] | You know, this is only temporary. | 这只是暂时的 |
[05:24] | All of this is… temporary. | 这一切都只是暂时的 |
[05:28] | I’ll tell you what. | 告诉你 |
[05:30] | If you sneak into Coach Lyman’s office | 如果你溜进莱曼教练办公室 |
[05:32] | and write something really rude in his playbook, | 在他的战术本里留下什么脏话 |
[05:34] | drinks are on me tonight at the Grill. | 我今晚就在神秘酒吧请你喝酒 |
[05:37] | “Something rude” like impolite, | “脏话”是不礼貌 |
[05:39] | or “something rude” like really disgusting? | 还是要大爆粗口 |
[05:42] | – Dealer’s choice. – You’re on. | -你自己选 -好啊 |
[05:47] | I do not miss that sound. | 我可不怀念那个声音 |
[05:48] | Yeah. Me neither. | 我也是 |
[05:49] | Happy embedding. | 随堂快乐 |
[05:51] | Thanks. Talk to you later. | 谢谢 回聊 |
[05:56] | Anybody here? | 有人在吗 |
[06:00] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[06:01] | You must be Matt. | 你是马特吧 |
[06:03] | I’m Dorian. | 我是多里安 |
[06:04] | Yeah. Ric said you’d be in charge | 嗯 里克说过他休旅期间 |
[06:06] | while he was on his sabbatical. | 这里由你负责 |
[06:08] | You mean while he’s hiding his kids from the sirens. | 你是说他带孩子躲避海妖期间吧 |
[06:12] | He told me what really happened to Georgie. | 他把乔治的事告诉我了 |
[06:15] | Said he wanted to give me fair warning | 他说该让我明确 |
[06:16] | about who I’d be fighting against | 如果我留下 可能要 |
[06:18] | if I stayed. | 对付什么人 |
[06:20] | Welcome to the circle of trust. | 欢迎进入受信任圈 |
[06:24] | Seline murdered my friend. | 席琳杀了我朋友 |
[06:26] | I mean to figure out how to get payback. | 我想要想个办法报复 |
[06:28] | And since our only weapon is currently traveling through Paris… | 鉴于我们唯一的武器目前在巴黎旅游 |
[06:31] | You mean the tuning fork? | 你指音叉吗 |
[06:32] | Actually,it’sitctually called the staff of Arcadius. | 其实 那叫阿卡狄奥斯手杖 |
[06:34] | Cade’s enemies forged it in the fire | 是卡德的敌人用烧死他的烈火 |
[06:36] | – that killed him. – If you say so. | -锻造而成的 -你说是就是 |
[06:37] | Wasn’t me that said so. | 不是我说的 |
[06:38] | It was Harvey. In his journal. | 是哈维 在他日记里说的 |
[06:39] | Georgie had it in her car. | 乔治把日记放在了她车里 |
[06:41] | Seems our dead guy, Harvey, was friends with | 看来死者 哈维 1790年时 |
[06:43] | the sirens, back in 1790. | 跟海妖姐妹是朋友 |
[06:44] | They lured him into the Armory tunnels, | 她们将他引入了军械库隧道 |
[06:45] | and he starved to death down there. | 他在那里饿死了 |
[06:47] | We found his bones a couple months ago. | 我们数月前发现了他的骸骨 |
[06:48] | DNA results got back yesterday. | DNA检测结果昨天出来了 |
[06:51] | – Awesome. – Yeah. Turns out, | -太棒了 -嗯 原来 |
[06:53] | he was related to a family from Mystic Falls. | 他是神秘瀑布镇一家人的亲戚 |
[06:56] | And through the magic that is the Internet, | 通过互联网的魔法 |
[06:58] | I’ve tracked down a living descendant. | 我找到了一名在世后裔 |
[07:00] | He’s here to claim the remains. Hey, Mr. Maxwell. | 他来领取骸骨了 麦克斯韦尔先生 |
[07:02] | Did you finish signing those forms? | 表格填好了吗 |
[07:09] | You… you two know each other? | 你俩认识吗 |
[07:15] | And on top of everything she does, she even volunteered | 除了这些 她还志愿 |
[07:18] | to organize Miss Mystic Falls. | 组织神秘瀑布镇小姐选美 |
[07:20] | Your teacher sure does have a lot on her plate. | 你们老师还真忙 |
[07:22] | Yeah, but I help her out with projects. We all do. | 是啊 但我会帮忙 我们都是 |
[07:24] | Everyone loves her. | 大家都喜欢她 |
[07:26] | Good morning, everyone. | 大家早上好 |
[07:27] | Good morning, Miss Sybil. | 早上好 茜波小姐 |
[07:31] | What are you doing here? | 你怎么在这里 |
[07:34] | Well, yesterday, we finished the Revolutionary War | 昨天 我们讲完了独立战争 |
[07:36] | so today we’re gonna start on the 1800s. | 今天我们从19世纪讲起 |
[07:38] | No. I mean, why are you masquerading | 不 我是问 你为什么要装成 |
[07:40] | – as a history teacher? – I’m not masquerading. | -历史老师 -我没有装 |
[07:42] | I give a lot of homework. And pop quizzes, right? | 我给很多作业呢 还有小测试 对吧 |
[07:45] | You’re the best teacher at this school. | 你是这学校最好的老师 |
[07:48] | Are you mind-controlling these kids? | 你在头脑控制这些孩子吗 |
[07:50] | I made them love history. Is that a crime? | 我让他们喜欢上了历史 这有罪吗 |
[07:52] | Before you try to attack me, | 你袭击我之前 |
[07:55] | or call the police, or ask anyone for help, | 或是报警 求助之前 |
[07:57] | just know that if you do, none of these kids | 要知道 你要是那么做 这些孩子 |
[07:59] | are gonna make it to their next class. | 都不能活着去上下堂课了 |
[08:03] | Can we just skip to the part where you tell me what you want? | 我们能不能直接跳到你告诉我你想怎么样的部分 |
[08:05] | Sure. If we skip to the part where you admit | 好啊 如果我们可以直接跳到你承认 |
[08:08] | that you would rather be doing anything | 你现在最不想做的事就是去想 |
[08:09] | except think about what Stefan’s doing right now. | 斯特凡现在在做什么的部分的话 |
[08:12] | Who he’s murdering while his emotions are off. | 他关闭了感情 正在到处杀人 |
[08:15] | And in answer to your question, | 回答你的问题 |
[08:17] | I want to teach you history. | 我想教你历史 |
[08:19] | Why else would I have told your boss | 否则我干吗要叫你老板 |
[08:20] | to send you here on an assignment? | 派你来这儿呢 |
[08:23] | The news assignment came from you. | 这项报道任务是你的主意 |
[08:25] | I just said that. | 我刚说了 |
[08:27] | You mustn’t have beenbe very good student. | 你一定不是个好学生 |
[08:29] | We’re gonna have to try to remedy that. | 我们得弥补这一点 |
[08:31] | Students, please turn to chapter three. | 学生们 翻开第三章 |
[08:33] | “Antebellum Virginia”” | 南北战争前的弗吉尼亚州 |
[08:35] | Ms. Forbes? | 福布斯小姐 |
[08:37] | You can take a seat. | 你可以坐下 |
[08:46] | What about her? | 她呢 |
[08:47] | – Over there. – That rich lady? | -那边 -那个有钱女人 |
[08:50] | Nah. If we sent people to Cade | 不 如果我们因为 |
[08:51] | just for being bad tippers, | 小费吝啬就送人去见卡德 |
[08:53] | there’d be no room left in hell. | 地狱要挤爆了 |
[08:54] | All right, fine. Let’s just go with the server then. | 好吧 那就服务员吧 |
[08:56] | – She looks angry already. – We just did anger. | -她看上去已经挺生气了 -我们才利用过愤怒 |
[08:58] | Besides, judging by the pool of candidates we have here, | 再说 从这里的候选人来看 |
[09:01] | she’s probably the only one that already worships the devil. | 她大概是唯一一个已经在恶魔崇拜的了 |
[09:04] | She’s hardly a challenge, Stefan. | 算不上挑战 斯特凡 |
[09:07] | You want a challenge, huh? | 你想要挑战 |
[09:08] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[09:11] | Let’s go with that woman, right there. | 那个女人吧 |
[09:13] | The old woman? Spilling stuff everywhere? | 老女人 洒得到处都是的那个 |
[09:15] | – What are we doing, mercy killings? – No. | -你这是要帮她安乐死吗 -不 |
[09:17] | The doctor helping her. | 帮她的那个医生 |
[09:35] | Well, how do you know she’s a doctor and not some orderly? | 你怎么知道她是医生 不是护工 |
[09:38] | Manicured nails– means she doesn’t | 美甲 说明她 |
[09:39] | work with her hands. Medical pager means she’s on call. | 不干粗活儿 医疗传呼机 说明她当值 |
[09:42] | Only in her 20s and already a doctor? | 才20出头就已经是医生了 |
[09:44] | Must have graduated early. | 肯定很早毕业 |
[09:45] | Really thrown herself into her work. | 完全投入到工作中 |
[09:47] | – Why do you think that is, Damon? – I don’t know, Stefan. | -你说那是为什么 达蒙 -不知道 斯特凡 |
[09:50] | Maybe she had a brother that bored the crap out of her? | 或许她有个让她无聊透顶的兄弟 |
[09:52] | Or maybe, she’s driven by something dark. | 或许 有黑暗的力量驱使着她 |
[09:55] | Some sort of pain in her past. | 她的过往有某种痛苦 |
[09:57] | Not everybody ‘s a big ball of angst like you. | 不是每个人都像你那么忧郁 |
[10:00] | Maybe she’s driven by something good. | 或许是什么好事在驱使她 |
[10:02] | – Those sound like some bettin’ words to me, Damon. – Oh, really? | -你似乎是在打赌 达蒙 -是吗 |
[10:05] | Sounds like some winnin’ words to me. | 我觉得我要赢 |
[10:07] | Well… | 好吧 |
[10:08] | Only one way to find out, right? | 想知道只有一个办法 |
[10:16] | Oh, my God. Is there a doctor here? | 天呐 这里有医生吗 |
[10:29] | Vervain? Come on, man. | 马鞭草 拜托 |
[10:31] | Don’t you trust me to play along with your attempt | 难道你不相信我会配合你 |
[10:33] | to corrupt the good doctor? | 败坏一个好医生吗 |
[10:35] | Well, I got to sell your hospital stay | 我得让你显得虚弱 |
[10:36] | with a little bit of actual weakness, right? | 你住院才更有说服力 |
[10:38] | I did some Internet stalking. | 我在网上查了她 |
[10:40] | So, it turns out that Tara’s mom and dad | 原来 塔拉的父母 |
[10:42] | were both killed in a car accident ten years ago. | 都死于十年前的车祸 |
[10:45] | It was a hit-and-run. | 肇事逃逸 |
[10:46] | They never found the driver. | 没找到肇事司机 |
[10:48] | I told you she was driven by something dark. | 我就说有黑暗的东西在驱使她 |
[10:50] | All I’ve heard is sad, Stefan. | 我只听到悲惨 斯特凡 |
[10:53] | I haven’t heard dark. | 没有黑暗 |
[10:55] | Maybe your spidey-sense is wrong about her, pal. | 或许你对她的预感错了 伙计 |
[10:58] | Oh, my spidey-sense is doing just fine, thank you. | 我的预感没问题 谢谢 |
[11:01] | Listen to this. | 听好 |
[11:02] | Her parents were both organ donors | 她父母都是器官捐献者 |
[11:04] | and their untimely passing saved other people’s lives. | 他们的早逝救了其他人的生命 |
[11:07] | That’s why Tara went into medicine. | 所以塔拉学了医 |
[11:09] | – Really? – She even volunteers her time | -是吗 -她甚至志愿 |
[11:10] | at an organ-transplant support group. | 参加一器官移植互助小组 |
[11:12] | That’s a little morbid, if you ask me. | 要我说 挺病态的 |
[11:17] | Although actually, it’s, uh… | 不过 其实 |
[11:20] | …it’s perfect. | 这很完美 |
[11:24] | I can’t believe Ric agreed to let her go. | 里克居然放她走了 |
[11:27] | – And you guys haven’t seen her since Christmas? – No. | -你们圣诞节后就再也没见过她了 -对 |
[11:29] | Yeah, I was out of town. | 嗯 我出城了 |
[11:30] | That’s his specialty. | 这是他的专长 |
[11:32] | Here’s another artifact that could help. | 还有一件古物能帮忙 |
[11:34] | Mr. Skeleton Maxwell was a metalsmith, circa 1790. | 白骨麦克斯韦尔先生是1790年间的金工 |
[11:37] | In his journal, he made sketches of something | 他在日记中 画了一样他死前 |
[11:39] | that he smithyed-up before he died. | 锻造的东西的草图 |
[11:40] | Now, according to Dalton St. John, | 据道尔顿·圣约翰说 |
[11:42] | the surviving Maxwells made a family heirloom out of it. | 幸存的麦克斯韦尔用它做了个传家宝 |
[11:46] | That look familiar? | 眼熟吗 |
[11:48] | No, not really. | 并不 |
[11:50] | But it could have been inside the family storage box | 但可能在家族贮物箱里 |
[11:52] | that Damon came looking for. | 达蒙之前来找过 |
[11:54] | Yeah. Meanwhile, | 嗯 另外 |
[11:56] | the rest of Dalton’s writings from 1883 were about Seline. | 道尔顿1883年的记录是关于席琳的 |
[11:58] | “What Seline wants.” | “席琳想要什么” |
[11:59] | He lists precise measurements from neck, | 他列出了她精确的尺寸 脖子 |
[12:01] | shoulder, lip, tongue… | 肩膀 嘴唇 舌头 |
[12:03] | Yeah, I’d say he was obsessed with her. | 嗯 他绝对很痴迷她 |
[12:04] | He even measured her for a crown. | 还测量头围准备做王冠 |
[12:07] | Wait, hang on. | 等等 |
[12:08] | Let me see that list. | 我看看 |
[12:12] | These are all parts of a bell. | 这都是一个钟的一部分 |
[12:15] | Neck, shoulder, lip, crown– | 脖子 肩膀 嘴唇 王冠 |
[12:17] | they’re metalworking terms. | 这是金属加工的术语 |
[12:18] | The measurements make sense. | 这些尺寸说得通 |
[12:20] | – Really? – Yeah. | -是吗 -嗯 |
[12:21] | The Maxwells used to be in the business | 麦克斯韦尔家族以前 |
[12:23] | of making church bells. | 是做教堂钟的 |
[12:24] | That’s how our family metalworks | 我们家族的金属加工生意 |
[12:26] | started, back in the day. | 当年就是这样做起来的 |
[12:27] | – That’s cool. – Yeah. | -厉害 -嗯 |
[12:28] | You got a really low bar for “cool.” | 你对”厉害”的定义太宽松了吧 |
[12:40] | Well, no diagnosis yet. | 诊断还没出来 |
[12:43] | His blood work came back completely normal. | 他的血检显示一切正常 |
[12:47] | Well, I guess I always knew something like this would happen. | 我其实一直知道会出这种事 |
[12:50] | Why do you say that? | 为什么 |
[12:52] | It’s just karma. | 报应 |
[12:53] | He’s made a lot of dark choices in his life. | 他这辈子做出过很多黑暗的选择 |
[12:56] | Hurt a lot of people along the way. | 这一辈子伤过不少人 |
[13:00] | I don’t think you should be telling me this. | 我觉得你不该跟我说这话 |
[13:01] | You know, I can’t help but think that | 但我忍不住想 |
[13:03] | maybe this is all happening for a reason. | 这一切或许事出有因 |
[13:04] | I was on an organ donor Web site today, | 我今天登录了一个器官捐献网站 |
[13:07] | and I saw a list of all these people– | 我看到了一些人的名单 |
[13:08] | these really deserving people– just waiting in line for a transplant. | 一些很好的人 在等待移植 |
[13:12] | And your brother is an organ donor. | 你哥哥是器官捐献者 |
[13:14] | Yes, I saw that on his intake form. | 是的 我在入院表上看到了 |
[13:16] | Look, it doesn’t do any good to speculate. | 听着 猜测没什么好处 |
[13:18] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[13:19] | I mean, I-I saw this one girl, | 我看到一个女孩 |
[13:21] | she’s all the way at the top of the list. | 她就在名单最上面 |
[13:22] | Her name is Kassie Fowler. | 叫凯茜·富勒 |
[13:23] | Yeah, I know her. | 嗯 我认识她 |
[13:24] | She’s a patient of mine. | 她是我的病人 |
[13:25] | She’s a really good kid. | 是个很好的孩子 |
[13:27] | Her profile says she wants to go to developing countries | 她的简介上写着 她想去发展中国家 |
[13:29] | and-and build wells and get clean water. | 建水井 提供洁净水 |
[13:33] | It’s not her fault | 她肾脏衰竭 |
[13:34] | that her kidneys are failing. So, what, | 不能怪她 那么 |
[13:36] | Damon gets to waste his life | 达蒙可以浪费他的生命 |
[13:38] | and she’s not able to live hers? | 她却不能过她的 |
[13:40] | I can’t think like that, sadly. | 我不能那么想 很遗憾 |
[13:43] | As a doctor, every life has to be as important as the next. | 作为医生 每个生命都得是一样重要的 |
[13:48] | Even after everything that he’s done? | 哪怕他做了那么多坏事 |
[13:51] | Well, whatever you feel about your brother’s past… | 不管你对你哥哥的过去有什么看法 |
[13:53] | What if I told you that he caused your parents’ death? | 如果我说是他导致了你父母的死亡呢 |
[13:57] | What? | 什么 |
[14:00] | My parents were killed by a drunk driver. | 我父母是酒驾司机撞死的 |
[14:03] | Why would you say that? | 你为什么要那么说 |
[14:04] | Because you… | 因为你 |
[14:05] | need an opportunity. | 需要个机会 |
[14:07] | Here’s what you believe. | 你相信 |
[14:08] | Damon is a drunk driver. | 达蒙是个醉驾司机 |
[14:11] | Damon is the one who killed your parents. | 达蒙杀了你父母 |
[14:26] | Stack the deck, why don’t you? | 布个局啊 |
[14:29] | Cade never said I couldn’t take a shortcut. | 卡德没说过我不能走捷径 |
[14:31] | I told you she’d be a challenge. | 我说过她会是个挑战 |
[14:33] | What are you so pleased about? | 你得意个什么劲 |
[14:34] | You’re supposed to be on task. | 你该专注于任务的 |
[14:36] | All I’m saying is maybe some people can’t be corrupted. | 我只是说 或许有些人不会变坏 |
[14:39] | Maybe she’s just plain good. | 或许她就是那么好 |
[14:43] | No one is just plain good. | 没有人”就是那么好” |
[14:45] | You’ll see. | 走着瞧 |
[14:47] | Hey, what are you doing? | 你干什么 |
[14:49] | Oh, just upping your vervain intake. | 就是提高你的马鞭草剂量 |
[14:51] | What? No. | 什么 别 |
[14:52] | I need to create a medical emergency | 我得创造医疗紧急情况 |
[14:54] | in order for the rest of the game to play out. | 才能让游戏继续玩下去 |
[14:56] | Can you stop cheating for just one second? | 你能不能别作弊了 哪怕一会儿 |
[14:58] | Damon, | 达蒙 |
[14:59] | I work for the devil. | 我为魔鬼工作 |
[15:01] | I don’t have to play fair. | 我可以玩阴的 |
[15:10] | Who can tell me when Mystic Falls | 谁能告诉我神秘瀑布镇 |
[15:12] | officially became a town? | 什么时候正式成镇 |
[15:15] | Caroline? | 卡罗琳 |
[15:16] | Do you remember anything you learned | 你还记得多年前你在 |
[15:18] | in this incredibly ugly building, | 这栋丑得辣眼睛的大楼里 |
[15:19] | all those years ago? | 学的一点知识吗 |
[15:21] | Mystic Falls was founded in 1860 | 神秘瀑布镇于1860年建立 |
[15:23] | when a Lockwood, a Forbes, | 以洛克伍德 福布斯 |
[15:25] | a Fell, a Gilbert and a Salvatore | 菲尔 吉尔伯特和塞尔瓦托 |
[15:27] | gathered to sign the township charter. | 一起签署镇宪章为标志 |
[15:29] | Name-dropper. And… wrong. | 狐假虎威 而且答错了 |
[15:32] | Those are the Founding Families. | 那都是创始人家族 |
[15:34] | Your ancestors took credit, yes. | 你们的先祖把功劳抢走了 没错 |
[15:36] | But long before they picked up turkey feathers | 早在他们拿火鸡毛签署那个什么 |
[15:38] | to write that silly charter, | 破镇宪章之前 |
[15:40] | there were other people here. | 这里就有其他人了 |
[15:41] | A group of men and women who were different. | 一群与众不同的男女 |
[15:43] | Misunderstood. Ultimately, | 被人误解 最终 |
[15:45] | they burned to death because of who they were. | 他们因为自身身份被烧死 |
[15:48] | Are you talking about the hundred witches | 你是指那一百个在这里 |
[15:49] | who were burned at the stake here? | 被烧死在木柱上的女巫吗 |
[15:50] | 1790. | 1790年 |
[15:53] | I remember it like it was yesterday. | 恍如昨日 |
[15:55] | It was the most delicious smell. | 那味儿可好闻了 |
[15:58] | The smoke lasted for hours. | 烟烧了几小时 |
[16:01] | How could you know that? | 你怎么知道 |
[16:03] | Who wants to go on a field trip? | 谁想去郊游 |
[16:06] | Me, too. | 我也想 |
[16:07] | The bus is outside. | 校车就在外面 |
[16:11] | And Miss Forbes, | 福布斯小姐 |
[16:13] | you can sit with me. | 跟我一起坐 |
[16:16] | I don’t think so. | 算了 |
[16:21] | Oh, look at that, | 看啊 |
[16:22] | I’ve perfected my long-distance technique. | 我的远距控制能力更强了 |
[16:24] | Your blood isn’t gonna save him, | 你的血救不了他 |
[16:26] | I’ve told his mind to shut down. | 我叫他的大脑停工了 |
[16:31] | If anyone dies here, your little | 如果有人死 |
[16:32] | “Apple for the teacher” act gets blown. | 我就揭穿你 |
[16:34] | It might be worth it. | 或许还真值得 |
[16:36] | But for now, get up. | 但现在 起来 |
[16:44] | Consider that a warning. | 这算是警告 |
[16:47] | Any deaths today will be your fault, | 今天死人就是你的错 |
[16:49] | and will go on your scorecard for hell. | 将被记在你头上 在地狱里等你 |
[16:56] | Coming? | 来吗 |
[17:05] | This place has gone downhill since 1790. | 这里自1790年来真是不如以往了 |
[17:09] | I always forget you’re so much older than you look. | 我总是忘记你比看上去老多了 |
[17:11] | Talk to me in a couple thousand years, | 再过几千年来找我吧 |
[17:13] | we’ll see how you’re holding up. | 看看你会如何 |
[17:14] | Do I want to know why your last visit to this field | 我想知道你上次来这里 |
[17:17] | was around the same time | 恰好是一百个女巫 |
[17:18] | a hundred witches burned to death? | 被烧死的时候吗 |
[17:19] | I had been traveling the region with my sister, | 我当时跟姐姐一起在这一带旅行 |
[17:21] | looking for tasty souls to feed to Cade, | 寻找美味灵魂给卡德 |
[17:24] | and the witches took exception. | 女巫们对此不满 |
[17:25] | Are you saying it’s your fault the witches were burned at the stake? | 你是说女巫被烧死在木柱上是你们搞的鬼吗 |
[17:28] | Clearly, you don’t know the full story. | 显然 你不知道完整的故事 |
[17:30] | How the hundhud witches really died. | 那一百个女巫究竟是怎么死的 |
[17:32] | Why do I feel like you’re about to break into song? | 我为什么觉得你马上要开口唱歌了 |
[17:34] | Don’t tempt me. | 别引诱我 |
[17:36] | The witches gave some magical help | 女巫用魔法帮助了一个 |
[17:38] | to a local metalsmith who was making a church bell for them. | 本地金工 他当时在为他们打造一款教堂钟 |
[17:41] | This bell had a special purpose. | 这个钟有很特别的目的 |
[17:43] | But what no one realized was that Seline and I had befriended | 但当时没人知道 席琳和我跟这个金工 |
[17:46] | this metalsmith. | 成了朋友 |
[17:48] | We threw a little wrinkle into his plan. | 我们搅乱了他的计划 |
[17:55] | Wait… What are they doing? | 等等 他们在做什么 |
[17:58] | Call it extra credit. | 算是挣学分吧 |
[18:01] | I found some descriptions of an antique church bell | 我在你家资产记录中找到了 |
[18:03] | in your family estate records. | 关于古董教堂钟的描述 |
[18:05] | Wait, we have an estate? | 等等 我们还有资产 |
[18:06] | Oh, we did. Most of it was sold to the town of Mystic Falls, | 是的 大部分卖给神秘瀑布镇了 |
[18:09] | to try to pay off our family debt. | 好偿还家族债务 |
[18:11] | Grandma, she… | 奶奶 |
[18:12] | she liked the ponies. | 她喜欢小马 |
[18:13] | One more thing to be proud of. | 又一件值得骄傲的事 |
[18:15] | Anyway, according to this, | 总之 这上面显示 |
[18:17] | the bell measurements are an exact match | 钟的尺寸跟道尔顿·圣约翰的 |
[18:18] | to what Dalton St. John wrote about. | 记录是完全吻合的 |
[18:20] | That’s what Seline was looking for in 1883. | 这就是1883年席琳找的东西 |
[18:22] | Why would she care about our church bell? | 她为什么要我们的教堂钟 |
[18:24] | Peter Maxwell | 皮特·麦克斯韦尔 |
[18:25] | was the last one to have his hands on that witches’ bell. | 是最后拥有女巫钟的人 |
[18:28] | Right up until he threw it off a bridge, | 直到他把钟丢下了桥 |
[18:30] | some 20-odd years ago. | 那大概是20多年前了 |
[18:31] | I looked into his mind and I saw the whole thing. | 我窥视了他的大脑 什么都看到了 |
[18:33] | Some kind of a parade, a bell hanging on a float. | 一个游行 钟挂在一个花车上 |
[18:36] | The Founder’s Day parade. | 创始人日游行 |
[18:38] | They ring the charter bell every year. | 他们每年都敲钟宪章钟 |
[18:40] | It’s a replica. | 那是仿品 |
[18:41] | The real one went over something | 真的那个1992年 |
[18:43] | called Wickery Bridge in 1992. | 从维克里大桥掉了下去 |
[18:45] | Anyway, I have spent the last three weeks | 总之 这三周来 |
[18:48] | sending people into that river | 我一直在派人 |
[18:49] | to look for that bell, | 入水找钟 |
[18:50] | and they haven’t found a thing– | 但他们什么都没找到 |
[18:52] | but I know it still exists, because it can’t be destroyed. | 但我知道它还在 因为它不可能被摧毁 |
[18:56] | That’s not ominous. | 这完全不是坏兆头 |
[18:57] | Blame the witches. | 怪女巫吧 |
[18:58] | No wonder people found them so annoying. | 怪不得大家都讨厌她们 |
[19:02] | Now, please. | 开始 |
[19:12] | No. | 不 |
[19:19] | No, you can’t be serious. | 不 你不是认真的吧 |
[19:20] | Use the whole can, children. Thoroughness is important. | 都用光 孩子们 彻底很重要 |
[19:28] | Violet, stop. | 维奥蕾特 停下 |
[19:29] | Violet! | 维奥蕾特 |
[19:33] | – No, everybody stop! – Uh, hello? | -不 都停下 -喂 |
[19:36] | They’re sirened. | 他们被控制了 |
[19:37] | You brought the lighter. Of course you did. Good girl. | 你带了打火机 真棒 好姑娘 |
[19:47] | – Let them go. – Any other useless demands? | -放了他们 -还有其他没用的要求吗 |
[19:50] | I’m not gonna release them until you bring me that bell. | 你不把钟拿来 我不会放了他们的 |
[19:53] | What do you even want this bell for? | 你要这个钟做什么 |
[19:55] | I’m sentimental. I want it. | 对我有感情价值 我要它 |
[19:56] | And I need your help to find it. | 我需要你帮忙找它 |
[19:58] | Or everyone dies, is that it? | 否则他们就都得死 是吗 |
[19:59] | Well, you can’t save them all. | 你不可能全救 |
[20:01] | I mean, torches, lighter fluid– poof. | 火炬 火机油 烧 |
[20:03] | Yeah, I know how fire works. | 嗯 我知道火是怎么回事 |
[20:08] | How exactly am I supposed to find this bell anyway? | 我究竟要怎么找到这个钟 |
[20:10] | I didn’t expect it would be easy. | 我猜不会简单的 |
[20:14] | That’s why I’ve given you an incentive. | 所以我给了你动力 |
[20:25] | His blood pressure’s bottoming out. | 他的血压在降至最低点 |
[20:28] | He barely has a heartbeat. | 心跳很微弱了 |
[20:29] | Tara, listen to me. | 塔拉 听我说 |
[20:31] | – Please don’t talk. – Please. | -别说话 -求你 |
[20:34] | Come closer. | 过来点 |
[20:35] | Please. | 求你 |
[20:37] | Look at me. | 看着我 |
[20:39] | I was never… | 我从来 |
[20:41] | a drunk driver. | 没酒驾过 |
[20:49] | Sorry, Damon. | 对不起 达蒙 |
[20:52] | You’re too weak to convince her otherwise. | 你太虚弱 不可能让她相信你 |
[20:57] | Tara. | 塔拉 |
[20:59] | Show him I’m right about you. | 让他知道我看对了你 |
[21:01] | Give me a chance to redeem myself. | 给我个救赎的机会 |
[21:04] | No matter what you do, her parents will still be gone. | 不管你做什么 她父母不会活过来了 |
[21:07] | Your mistakes can never be undone. | 你的错误不能被撤销 |
[21:09] | My life is worth something. | 我的生命是有价值的 |
[21:12] | So is your death. | 你的死亡也有 |
[21:13] | Think about how much good you would do | 想想看 你能为那些真正 |
[21:15] | for the people who actually deserve to live. | 有资格活的人做多大贡献 |
[21:29] | I-I think you shouldn’t be in here. | 我觉得你不该在这里 |
[21:30] | His heart’s already failing. | 他的心脏已经在衰竭了 |
[21:34] | Maybe we should just wait it out. | 或许我们该等他死 |
[21:37] | I took an oath to help people. | 我宣誓要帮助他人 |
[21:39] | I understand, I do. | 我懂 真的 |
[21:41] | But here’s what I can’t stop thinking about. | 但我总是忍不住想 |
[21:43] | You fix Damon’s heart, | 你治好达蒙的心 |
[21:44] | you get him back up on his feet again. | 你让他重新站起来 |
[21:46] | Then he goes back to drinking. | 然后他回去酗酒 |
[21:48] | Then one night he gets behind the wheel, | 然后有一晚 他又去开车 |
[21:50] | causes another accident. | 再次造成车祸 |
[21:53] | Someone else’s parents die. | 别人的父母死去 |
[21:55] | Or maybe this time it’s a couple of kids. | 或许这次是几个孩子 |
[21:58] | We can’t predict the future. | 我们不能预测未来 |
[22:00] | I know, but we can judge the past. | 我知道 但我们可以评判过去 |
[22:03] | How many times does Damon have to show us who he really is | 达蒙还要多少次向我们展示他的真面目 |
[22:06] | before we actually believe him? | 我们才会相信他 |
[22:09] | I understand your struggle, I really do. | 我理解你的纠结 真的 |
[22:12] | Trying to be perfect for everyone | 你想为每个人做好 |
[22:13] | when all you want to do is make a choice for yourself. | 但其实你只想为自己做出个决定 |
[22:16] | This is not about me. | 我不是重点 |
[22:18] | Yes, it is, because you are in charge. | 就是的 你可以说了算 |
[22:22] | So follow your instincts, | 追随你的直觉 |
[22:24] | and do what you think is right. | 做你认为正确的事 |
[22:36] | I-I think you should leave. | 我觉得你该走了 |
[22:41] | Now. | 马上 |
[22:53] | Tara… | 塔拉 |
[22:55] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[22:58] | Did you hear me? | 你听到了吗 |
[23:02] | I… | 我 |
[23:04] | Tara… | 塔拉 |
[23:06] | It’s… I… | 我 |
[23:10] | I’m sorry for what I did. | 我为我做的事道歉 |
[23:18] | I appreciate you saying that… | 谢谢你那么说 |
[23:21] | but it’s just not enough. | 但这不够 |
[23:25] | No… | 不 |
[23:26] | I wish I could go back and change it, | 我希望我可以回到过去 改变一切 |
[23:28] | but I can’t. | 但我不能 |
[23:30] | I’m so sorry for all that I’ve done. | 我为我做的一切感到抱歉 |
[23:35] | No, listen to me. | 不 听我说 |
[23:37] | Killing me won’t change the past. | 杀了我不能改变过去 |
[23:40] | No, but it’ll change your future. | 不 但能改变你的未来 |
[23:51] | No. | 不 |
[23:54] | Don’t do it, Tara. | 别 塔拉 |
[24:55] | Time of death… 2:47 p.m. | 死亡时间 下午2:47 |
[25:11] | That figures. | 怪不得 |
[25:18] | Matt, when’s the last time you saw your dad? | 马特 你最后见到你爸是什么时候 |
[25:20] | I’m with him right now. | 我正跟他在一起 |
[25:21] | You sound stressed. You okay? | 你听上去压力很大 你还好吧 |
[25:23] | I’m fine. I just need to get Sybil the antique bell | 我很好 我只是需要把你爸丢下 |
[25:25] | that your dad threw off Wickery Bridge. | 维克里大桥的古董钟给茜波 |
[25:27] | Wait, slow down, you lost me after “I’m fine.” | 慢点 “我很好”之后我就没听懂了 |
[25:30] | When your dad lived in Mystic Falls, | 你爸爸住在神秘瀑布镇时 |
[25:31] | he took our charter bell to Wickery Bridge, | 他把我们的宪章钟带去维克里大桥 |
[25:33] | and then threw it off the railing. | 然后丢了下去 |
[25:35] | And now Sybil wants it back. | 茜波现在想要回来 |
[25:37] | She says it’s got sentimental value, or something. | 她说对她有感情价值 什么的 |
[25:39] | Wait, when was this? | 等等 什么时候 |
[25:40] | 1992, according to the head-dive Sybil did on your dad. | 1992年 这是茜波窥视你爸头脑时发现的 |
[25:44] | – Yeah, that makes sense. – Why? | -怪不得 -怎么 |
[25:45] | Wickery Bridge is where Elena’s parents | 维克里大桥是埃琳娜爸妈 |
[25:47] | drove the car off the road. | 冲下路的地方 |
[25:48] | When the sheriffs dredged out the car, | 警长把车捞上来时 |
[25:49] | they found something else– | 还发现了别的 |
[25:51] | the old charter bell. | 老宪章钟 |
[25:52] | It was broken, but they saved it. | 已经摔坏了 但他们保存了下来 |
[25:54] | Well, let’s hope they didn’t sell it on eBay. | 希望他们没拿去易趣网卖掉 |
[25:55] | No, your mom had it in storage. | 不 你妈存放了起来 |
[25:57] | I only know this because I cleaned out her office | 我之所以知道 是因为葬礼后我清理了 |
[25:59] | after the funeral. | 她的办公室 |
[26:00] | All those boxes you brought over to the house, | 送回家的那些箱子 |
[26:01] | – they’re still in the garage. – Take me there. Now. | -还在车库 -带我去 马上 |
[26:05] | Caroline, don’t do it. | 卡罗琳 别 |
[26:05] | You need to get away from her. | 你得远离她 |
[26:07] | I don’t have a choice, Matt. | 我没办法 马特 |
[26:08] | These kids are gonna kill each other. | 这些孩子要互相残杀 |
[26:09] | What kids? Where are you? | 什么孩子 你在哪 |
[26:11] | Matt, hey, if you try to stop her | 马特 如果你想阻止她 |
[26:12] | from helping me, I send a psychic command, | 帮助我 我一个心灵指令 |
[26:15] | and my students die anyway. | 就能立刻杀死我的学生 |
[26:16] | If you come over to her house, | 如果你去她家 |
[26:17] | my students will die. | 我的学生就死 |
[26:18] | If I find out that anyone is trying to interfere… | 如果我发现有人想干扰 |
[26:21] | God, we get it. | 天呐 知道了 |
[26:24] | You really should have been a teacher. | 你真是该当个老师 |
[26:26] | Maybe that’ll be my second career, | 或许那可以做我的第二职业 |
[26:28] | after you get me that bell. | 你先给我找到钟再说 |
[26:36] | Hey, maybe you should have told the sheriff’s department | 你或许该把真实情况告诉 |
[26:37] | what’s really going on. | 警局那边 |
[26:38] | They know it’s urgent. | 他们知道是急事 |
[26:39] | They’ll call as soon as they hear from the bus company. | 校车公司有回应他们就会打来 |
[26:41] | Besides, we know Sybil’s field trip | 再说 我们知道茜波 |
[26:42] | was headed near Mystic Falls. | 是去神秘瀑布镇那边郊游了 |
[26:43] | We’re going in the right direction. | 我们走的方向正确 |
[26:44] | All because she wants a bell. | 就因为她要个钟 |
[26:46] | I’ve never heard of anything so insane. | 我就没听说过这么疯狂的事 |
[26:49] | Says the guy who threw it off the bridge. | 把它丢下桥的人还好意思说 |
[26:52] | I mean, what were you thinking, anyway? | 你怎么想的啊 |
[26:53] | – I was thinking about the parade. – What? | -我是在想游行 -什么 |
[26:57] | The Founders Day parade. | 创立者日游行 |
[26:58] | You know, the one where they put the charter bell on a float, | 就是把宪章钟放在一辆花车上 |
[27:00] | and some rich guy rings it | 找个有钱人来敲 |
[27:01] | while two dumbasses stand on either side of him | 两个傻瓜要站在两边 |
[27:03] | wearing moldy Civil War uniforms? | 身着发霉的内战戏服 |
[27:05] | I was one of the dumbasses in the parade. | 我当时就是游行上的傻瓜之一 |
[27:07] | Well, at least I was supposed to be. | 至少本该是如此 |
[27:09] | So you wanted to get the parade cancelled? | 你想取消游行吗 |
[27:12] | – Classy. – No, Matt, it’s not just that. | -有品 -不 马特 没那么简单 |
[27:14] | Our family made that bell. The Maxwell family. | 我们家族打造了那支钟 麦克斯韦尔家族 |
[27:17] | The very first family with a skilled trade | 第一个会一项手艺 将人们 |
[27:18] | that brought people to this area. | 吸引到这一带的家族 |
[27:20] | It’s because of us that there was ever | 是因为我们才会有 |
[27:21] | even a town at all. | 这座小镇 |
[27:24] | But the people who took over the town, | 但夺过了这座小镇的人 |
[27:25] | they had money, lots of it. | 他们有钱 很有钱 |
[27:27] | They called themselves the “Founders,” | 他们自称”创立者” |
[27:29] | they made themselves the elite. | 当自己是精英 |
[27:30] | And they treated the Maxwell family like… | 却把麦克斯韦尔家族 |
[27:32] | like an embarrassment. | 当作耻辱 |
[27:33] | And, eventually, we became one. | 最终 我们也的确辱没了自己 |
[27:38] | That bell was a symbol | 那钟象征着 |
[27:39] | of everything they took from us. | 他们夺走的一切 |
[27:43] | So the bell met the river. | 所以我把它丢了 |
[27:47] | And I got in my car and I never looked back until now. | 然后我开车 头也不回地走了 |
[27:58] | Sheriff department. | 警局 |
[27:59] | They said only one bus went out on a field trip today. | 他们说只有一辆校车去郊游了 |
[28:01] | There’s a GPS link to that address. | 地址有定位追踪 |
[28:03] | Here. Go, go! | 这里 快去 |
[28:16] | I just wanted to say good-bye. | 我只想道别 |
[28:18] | I know you tried to help my brother. | 我知道你尽力帮我哥哥了 |
[28:19] | – Sorry for your loss. – Oh, don’t be. | -我很遗憾 -不必 |
[28:22] | Joke’s on you. | 是你出丑了 |
[28:25] | Okay, I know you must be in shock. | 我知道你肯定很震惊 |
[28:26] | What if I’m not? | 如果我没有呢 |
[28:28] | What if it was all a game, | 如果这一切只是游戏 |
[28:29] | and I was just giving you a morality test? | 我只是在测试你的道德呢 |
[28:32] | That would be insane. | 那就疯了 |
[28:34] | And cruel. | 还残忍 |
[28:36] | Either way, my brother’s still dead. | 不管怎样 我哥哥都还是死了 |
[28:39] | Oh, God. | 天呐 |
[28:40] | But he died from natural causes, right? | 但他是自然死亡吧 |
[28:43] | You called me in after the fact, | 你是之后才让我进去 |
[28:44] | so nobody knows what you did on your own. | 这样没人知道你独自在里面时做了什么 |
[28:48] | You wanted him dead. | 你想要他死 |
[28:51] | – You tricked me. – No, no, no. | -你耍了我 -不不 |
[28:53] | I just wanted to see what you would do | 我只是想知道如果有机会 |
[28:55] | if I gave you the opportunity. | 你会怎么做 |
[28:57] | And you lived up to your potential. | 你发挥了你的潜力 |
[28:59] | Oh, Stefan… | 斯特凡 |
[29:02] | You’re… dead. | 你死了 |
[29:03] | Technically, you’re not wrong. | 严格讲 你没说错 |
[29:05] | Thought you’d be sleeping off a vervain hangover, Damon. | 我以为你会马鞭草作用未消呢 达蒙 |
[29:07] | Oh, fortunately, I got a little pick-me-up | 幸好 那个来取我尸体的护工 |
[29:09] | from an orderly that came to get my body. | 帮我提了神 |
[29:14] | Thanks for nothing, by the way. | 你是什么忙都没帮 |
[29:16] | You were in on it? | 你也是一起的 |
[29:19] | Be quiet. Don’t try to escape. | 安静 别企图逃跑 |
[29:21] | You already failed the test. | 你没有通过测试 |
[29:23] | You really think Cade’s gonna want her, man? | 你真觉得卡德会想要她吗 |
[29:25] | She’s not even evil. | 她都不邪恶 |
[29:26] | She’s done evil things. | 但她干了坏事 |
[29:27] | Maybe she deserves a second chance. | 或许她该拥有第二次机会 |
[29:33] | You know, I gotta say, | 我得说 |
[29:35] | I’m disappointed. | 我很失望 |
[29:36] | Well, that’s your resting state, Stefan, so what? | 你一直在失望 斯特凡 怎么了 |
[29:38] | Now, I can see why you were confused. | 我看得出你为什么感到困惑 |
[29:47] | Missing something? | 丢了什么吗 |
[29:49] | I found this in your pocket. | 我在你口袋里找到的 |
[29:51] | You’ve been carrying it around for weeks, haven’t you? | 你几周来一直带着它吧 |
[29:54] | So what? It’s a re-gift from Caroline. | 那又如何 是卡罗琳二次送我的 |
[29:57] | – I forgot I even had it. – You sure about that? | -我忘记带着了 -你确定吗 |
[29:59] | Ever since we hit the road, something’s been off. | 自从我们上路 一直有什么不对劲 |
[30:01] | – Yeah, my emotions. – No, no, no. | -对 我关闭感情了 -不 |
[30:03] | Your sense of fun. | 是你的娱乐精神不见了 |
[30:04] | Why do you think I picked Tara over here | 你以为我为什么偏偏选了塔拉 |
[30:07] | for our little game, hmm? | 来玩这个游戏 |
[30:08] | She remind you of someone? | 她让你想起谁了吗 |
[30:10] | Interest in medicine. | 喜欢医学 |
[30:11] | Brown eyes, brown hair. | 棕色眼睛 棕色头发 |
[30:13] | Orphaned by tragedy. | 因悲剧成为孤儿 |
[30:16] | She reminds you of Elena. | 她让你想起了埃琳娜 |
[30:17] | And so does this necklace. | 这条项链也是 |
[30:19] | It triggers your conscience. | 这激发了你的良心 |
[30:21] | It’s holding you back, Damon. | 所以绊住了你的脚步 达蒙 |
[30:22] | No, it’s not. | 没有 |
[30:25] | …if that’s true, then… | 如果是这样 |
[30:27] | I think she’s ready to meet the boss. | 那我觉得她可以去见老板了 |
[30:38] | Matt, I figured something out. | 马特 我有发现 |
[30:41] | – About the sirens? – No, not exactly. | -关于海妖吗 -不算是 |
[30:43] | About their toys. I figured it out from Dalton’s measurements. | 他们的玩具 我搞明白道尔顿的尺寸了 |
[30:45] | The Maxwell heirloom and the tuning fork, | 麦克斯韦尔传家宝和音叉 |
[30:47] | those things fit together to make a clapper, | 两者组装在一起 是个玲锤 |
[30:50] | the hammer that swings inside a bell. | 就是钟里面的摆 |
[30:52] | So those three missing things, | 所以三样遗失物品 |
[30:53] | they’re all a part of one bell. | 都是一个钟的部件 |
[30:55] | When properly assembled, this bell becomes, | 组装好后 这个钟 |
[30:57] | like, a mystical, witchified super-bell. | 就是一座神秘女巫超级钟 |
[31:01] | I mean, it makes you wonder what happens when you ring it. | 就让人不禁想你敲响它后会如何 |
[31:03] | If the sound of the tuning fork hurts the sirens, | 如果音叉的声音能伤到海妖 |
[31:05] | imagine that magnified by a thousand. | 想象下把它放大一千倍 |
[31:09] | That’s cool, right? | 这个算厉害吧 |
[31:12] | Matt? Matt, you there? | 马特 马特 你在吗 |
[31:14] | Yeah, I gotta call you back. | 嗯 我得再打给你 |
[31:21] | Listen. Look… | 听着 |
[31:22] | you need to back away, okay? | 你得退后 |
[31:26] | She’s not gonna listen to you. | 她不会听的 |
[31:27] | None of them will. Sybil’s controlling them. | 他们都不会 茜波在控制他们 |
[31:29] | Help me untie ’em, now. | 帮我给他们松绑 |
[31:40] | Not seeing anything bell-shaped. | 看不到钟样子的东西 |
[31:42] | Looks like you haven’t even bothered to open | 看来你还没抽时间打开半数 |
[31:44] | half these boxes. | 这些箱子 |
[31:47] | I didn’t have the heart to, | 我不忍心 |
[31:49] | but you wouldn’t understand that, would you? | 但你是不会理解的 是吧 |
[31:50] | No, I wouldn’t. | 是不理解 |
[31:53] | Never had a garage. | 我从来没拥有过车库 |
[32:04] | Hang on. | 等等 |
[32:09] | What does it say? | 上面写了什么 |
[32:14] | “Hey, sissy. | “妹妹 |
[32:15] | “Looking for something? | 找东西吗 |
[32:17] | Seline.” | 席琳” |
[32:20] | Now I know why she kept organizing my house. | 怪不得她老整理我家 |
[32:34] | I’m suddenly feeling the need to vent. | 我突然很想撒气 |
[33:13] | Here, go. | 来 走 |
[33:16] | Matt, look out! | 马特 小心 |
[33:24] | Go, go, go, go! | 走 走 走 |
[33:36] | It’s okay. | 没事了 |
[33:37] | You finished your assignment. | 你完成任务了 |
[33:40] | Sybil’s done with all of you now. | 茜波不再需要你们了 |
[33:51] | I think I figured it out. | 我好像想明白了 |
[33:53] | It’s not that you’re trying to screw things up. | 你不是有意想捣乱 |
[33:56] | – Thanks. – It’s more submerged. | -谢谢 -是深层原因 |
[33:58] | It’s more subconscious than that. | 潜意识的 |
[33:59] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么呢 |
[34:00] | Despite your best efforts, your humanity keeps | 尽管你努力克制 你的人性 |
[34:03] | flickering through | 还是不断闪现出来 |
[34:04] | because of this… | 因为它 |
[34:06] | little reminder. | 这个小提醒 |
[34:08] | Reminders cause problems. | 提醒物会制造麻烦 |
[34:10] | I told you it doesn’t mean anything to me. | 我说了 它对我没有意义 |
[34:11] | And I don’t believe you. | 我不信 |
[34:12] | – Why not? – You seem troubled. | -为什么 -你似乎很困扰 |
[34:13] | You’re not enjoying our work. | 你并不喜欢我们的工作 |
[34:15] | Oh, my God, you are so full of crap. | 天呐 你真会胡扯 |
[34:17] | Fine, then prove me wrong. | 好吧 证明我错了 |
[34:20] | Prove that the past is behind us. | 证明过去已经过去 |
[34:22] | Prove to me that you don’t care. | 证明你不在乎 |
[34:26] | I don’t. | 我不在乎 |
[34:35] | Happy? | 高兴了吧 |
[34:35] | Almost. | 差一点 |
[34:38] | You forgetting something? | 忘记什么了吧 |
[34:46] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[34:47] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[35:25] | A bus just picked the kids up. | 刚有校车接走了孩子 |
[35:28] | They didn’t remember a thing. | 他们什么都不记得 |
[35:29] | I told them there was a carbon monoxide leak | 我告诉他们来的路上发生了 |
[35:31] | on their way here and that their old bus was getting towed. | 一氧化碳泄露 所以之前的校车要等拖车 |
[35:34] | That’s good, very thorough. | 很好 很彻底 |
[35:38] | Yeah, I know a lot about making excuses. | 嗯 我很熟悉找借口 |
[35:41] | Matt. | 马特 |
[35:44] | Hey, listen, what you, what you heard from me today, | 听着 我今天说的 |
[35:46] | and over the last few weeks, those aren’t excuses. | 这几周说的 不是借口 |
[35:49] | They’re details about the worst mistake of my life. | 那是我人生中最大的错误的具体情况 |
[35:55] | Don’t make the same mistake I did, son. | 别跟我犯下同样的错误 儿子 |
[35:58] | Don’t walk away from your family. | 别逃离你的家人 |
[36:00] | You know what? | 知道吗 |
[36:01] | Growing up, out of all my friends, | 从小到大 我朋友中 |
[36:02] | I was the only one whose family | 只有我的家庭 |
[36:04] | didn’t have a legacy in Mystic Falls, | 在神秘瀑布镇没什么遗产 |
[36:06] | so I felt like an outsider in my own town. | 所以我在自己的小镇上觉得像个外人 |
[36:08] | And then I find out our family has a history, after all. | 然后我发现我们家族也有历史 |
[36:12] | That could’ve changed everything for me… | 那本可对我影响深远 |
[36:14] | but you never gave me a chance to know about it. | 但你根本没给我机会去了解 |
[36:41] | Let me guess. | 我猜猜 |
[36:42] | That was Matt telling you he managed to save | 是马特告诉你他救了我 |
[36:44] | my history students from burning. | 所有历史课学生 没被烧死 |
[36:46] | Before you get any of my blood | 在你把我的血 |
[36:48] | on those stupid, little, pointy-toe boots, | 溅在你傻气的尖头靴子上前 |
[36:51] | you’d better be 1,000% sure | 你最好完全确定 |
[36:53] | that I’m not still linked to your children. | 我不是还跟你的孩子有联系 |
[36:56] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[36:57] | We spent a lot of time together | 我们公路旅行时 |
[36:58] | on that little road trip we took. | 一起相处了很长的时间 |
[37:00] | It was plenty of time for me to plant | 我有足够时间在她们大脑中 |
[37:02] | an off switch in their brain | 埋入关闭开关 |
[37:04] | and I can drop them at any second, | 我随时可以杀掉她们 |
[37:07] | so you better not piss me off. | 你最好别气我 |
[37:08] | Yeah, you’re lying. | 你撒谎 |
[37:09] | Stefan made sure my kids would be safe. | 斯特凡确保了我的孩子不会有事 |
[37:12] | Are you certain that he thought | 你确定他把所有 |
[37:13] | of every possible loophole | 漏洞都想周全了 |
[37:15] | when he was bargaining his soul away? | 才把灵魂卖了出去吗 |
[37:18] | I mean, the only way you’ll really find out | 你唯一能知道的方式 |
[37:20] | is if you try to hurt me and roll the dice. | 就是尝试伤害我 冒险一试 |
[37:22] | Is that what you want to do, Caroline? | 你想那么做吗 卡罗琳 |
[37:24] | You want to gamble with your children’s lives? | 你想拿孩子的性命赌博吗 |
[37:26] | Hmm, you know, you seem | 知道吗 一旦事关 |
[37:28] | so rational when it comes to your daughters’ safety, | 你女儿安全 你就非常理智 |
[37:31] | except you still plan on marrying a Ripper. | 可你还打算嫁给一个开膛手 |
[37:34] | How do you not see that as putting their lives in danger? | 你怎么会看不出这会威胁他们的生命 |
[37:36] | By the time I marry Stefan, | 等我嫁给斯特凡时 |
[37:38] | he will be the man that I have always loved. | 他就会成为我一直爱的那个男人 |
[37:41] | He’s gotten through Ripper sprees before. | 他以前也从开膛手杀人狂潮中挺过来过 |
[37:42] | Yet every single time, | 但每一次 |
[37:44] | he manages to find a way to fall off the wagon… | 他都又再次旧瘾复发 |
[37:47] | every… single… time. | 每一次 |
[37:50] | Do you know what the definition of insanity is? | 知道疯狂的定义吗 |
[37:53] | It’s doing the same thing | 就是反复做 |
[37:54] | over and over again and expecting a different result. | 同一件事 还指望结果不同 |
[38:05] | I just hope that the next time he goes Ripper, | 我希望下次 他变身开膛手时 |
[38:08] | your kids aren’t in the house. | 你的孩子们不会在房间里 |
[38:32] | Uh, if you got any questions, | 如果你有什么疑问 |
[38:33] | the C.O. can show you our permit. | 狱警会给你看我们的许可证 |
[38:35] | You find anything valuable around here? | 你在这里找到什么贵重物品了吗 |
[38:37] | Candy wrappers and fast-food bags. | 糖纸和快餐纸袋 |
[38:39] | Well, that doesn’t help my existential crisis. | 这对我的存在危机没有帮助 |
[38:42] | I was driving through here | 我昨晚跟弟弟 |
[38:43] | last night with my brother. | 开车经过这里 |
[38:45] | We got into a heated moment | 我们一时激动 |
[38:46] | and threw something out the window. | 然后我从车窗丢了件东西出来 |
[38:48] | Maybe he should help you look for it, then. | 那或许他该来帮你找 |
[38:50] | Oh, he took the morning off from work. | 他早上下班休息了 |
[38:57] | Besides, he doesn’t want me to have this thing, anyway. | 再说 他本就不希望我拿着那东西 |
[39:01] | Honestly, I don’t even know why I want it. | 老实说 我都不知道我为什么想要 |
[39:04] | ‘Cause whenever I have it, I just feel… | 因为我拿着它时 都会感觉 |
[39:08] | …better. | 好一些 |
[39:09] | In that case, it sounds like | 那么 听起来 |
[39:10] | your brother’s kind of a jerk. | 你弟弟很混蛋 |
[39:11] | He can be. You got any siblings? | 有时候是吧 你有兄弟姐妹吗 |
[39:14] | Only child. | 独子 |
[39:17] | Lucky you. | 你真幸运 |
[39:19] | Never have to worry about other people’s mistakes. | 不用去担心其他人犯的错误 |
[39:22] | Your brother’s a troublemaker? | 你弟弟是个麻烦精吗 |
[39:24] | He’s keeping it together. | 他还在保持振作 |
[39:27] | Relatively speaking. | 相对而言吧 |
[39:30] | Which is a good thing… | 这是好事 |
[39:32] | …’cause things are weird right now. | 因为现在情况很奇怪 |
[39:34] | My brother takes a turn for the worse… | 我弟弟陷入黑暗 |
[39:38] | …all bets are off. | 一切皆有可能了 |
[39:42] | Sometimes people bounce back. | 有时候人能恢复的 |
[39:47] | By doing penance, like you? | 靠像你这样苦修吗 |
[39:51] | One wrapper at a time? | 一次一张糖纸 |
[39:57] | It beats leaving ’em on the ground. | 总比把它们留在地上好 |
[40:41] | In case you’re right. | 或许你是对的 |