时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:18] | Mr. Speaker | 议长先生 |
[00:19] | the President of the United States | 美利坚合众国总统 |
[00:25] | Thank you! | 谢谢 |
[00:27] | We’re making history. We’re thefirst woman president, right? | 我们在创造历史 我们是第一个女性总统 对吗? |
[00:31] | Well, I am. You’re not, Michael. | 我是 你不是 Michael |
[00:32] | I am. Ow, you’re hurting my hand. Hi. | 我是 你弄疼我的手了 你好 |
[00:36] | Oh, I see you. | 我看到你了 |
[00:39] | Thank you. Well, I’m getting jiggy with it. | 谢谢你 我太激动了 |
[00:41] | I’m gonna get that Philip Roth book back to you. | 我会把那本Philip Roth的书还给你 |
[00:43] | I haven’t forgotten about it. | 我没有忘 |
[00:44] | God, I can’t even hear myself. | 天呐 我都听不到自己了 |
[00:46] | Am I talking? It’s hard for me to hear me. | 我在说话吗? 我自己很难听见自己 |
[00:51] | Thank you, Mr. Speaker, | 谢谢你 议长先生 |
[00:53] | Mr. Vice President, | 副总统先生 |
[00:55] | members of Congress, | 各位国会议员 |
[00:58] | my fellow Americans. | 我的美国同胞们 |
[01:00] | I’d like to begin today… | 今天我首先… |
[01:07] | by saying a few words. | 想说几句话 |
[01:16] | You know, some content would be nice in this speech. | 演讲里最好有些内容 |
[01:18] | This is just noise-shaped air. | 这些只是噪音一样的屁话 |
[01:20] | I know, and she’s reading it tomorrow | 我知道 而且她明天将会 |
[01:21] | out loud in front of an audience. | 在观众面前大声朗读这玩意 |
[01:25] | Hi, boss. You’re still juicing? | 老大 你还在榨果汁? |
[01:28] | – Yeah. – Mike trying to be healthy. | – 是的 – Mike想健康一点 |
[01:29] | It’s like a potato trying to whistle. | 就像土豆试图吹口哨 |
[01:31] | Wendy and I made a deal. | Wendy和我说好了 |
[01:32] | If I make it to 50, I can quit fruit for good. | 如果能坚持到50岁 我就再也不用吃水果 |
[01:34] | What did you think of the draft from last night? | 你觉得昨天的草稿怎么样? |
[01:36] | POTUS says the speech is too vague. | 总统说这个演讲太含糊了 |
[01:38] | I thought she wanted it vague. | 我以为她希望含糊一点 |
[01:40] | I guess we did too good a job. | 我猜我们好的过头了 |
[01:41] | So we still don’t know | 所以我们还是不知道 |
[01:42] | what’s going in her speech to the joint session. | 她在联席会议上的演讲要说些什么 |
[01:44] | I mean, what do we do? Google it like a best man speech? | 我们要怎么办? 像搜索伴郎演讲一样谷歌这个么? |
[01:46] | Relax, it’ll come together. | 别急 船到桥头自然直 |
[01:47] | It always has with every president | 我做通讯主管的 |
[01:48] | I’ve been comm director for. | 每个总统都能搞定 |
[01:50] | – How many is that? – This would be my second. | – 一共几个? – 这是第二个 |
[01:53] | And actually, it didn’t always come together | 实际上 Hughes总统在位时 |
[01:54] | with President Hughes. | 并不是总能顺利搞定 |
[01:56] | We had many failures. | 我们失败过很多次 |
[01:57] | I guess I just got used to it. | 我想我都习惯了 |
[01:59] | Great pep talk, man. | 太鼓舞人心了 老兄 |
[02:02] | Ma’am, Ben is getting Amy’s direct mail plans | 夫人 Ben会将Amy的直邮计划 |
[02:04] | for you to approve | 拿给您批准 |
[02:05] | then you meet the Attorney General re Chicago | 然后您将接受Ann James宣誓就职住房与城市发展部部长 |
[02:07] | after you swear in Ann James as Housing Sec. | 之后会见芝加哥检察长 |
[02:09] | Yep. | 好的 |
[02:10] | You have five priority calls in a holding pattern, | 您有五个优先通话正在等待 |
[02:12] | which can happen between Moldova and skin cancer. | 您可以在摩尔多瓦和皮肤癌之间接听 |
[02:15] | Okay. | 好的 |
[02:15] | And then you have a potential 15-minute break. | 然后您可能能休息15分钟 |
[02:17] | All right, during which I can sleep | 好的 期间我可以睡觉 |
[02:19] | and you can squeeze nutrient paste into my mouth. | 你把营养膏挤到我嘴里 |
[02:21] | Don’t count on it, ma’am. | 别指望了 夫人 |
[02:22] | US warship on exercises just collided | 刚才参加演习的美国战舰 |
[02:24] | with a Greek fishing boat. | 与希腊渔船相撞 |
[02:26] | Two fatalities, ma’am. | 两人死亡 夫人 |
[02:28] | Yeah, we’re looking at a big, fat Greek funeral. | 是的 将会有场盛大的希腊葬礼 |
[02:30] | I’ll arrange for you to make a statement, ma’am. | 我将安排您发表声明 夫人 |
[02:32] | Yeah, ’cause I’m the president, see? | 好的 因为我是总统了 看到没? |
[02:33] | Everything’s my fault now. | 现在所有事都是我的错 |
[02:35] | Hey, do I have time to talk to Jim and Dan and Mike? | 我有时间与Jim、Dan和Mike谈话吗? |
[02:38] | – Uh, no, you don’t. – I want to. | – 没有 – 我想和他们谈话 |
[02:40] | – Then you can. – Right. | – 那您就可以 – 好的 |
[02:41] | The opening’s good… the stuff about Hughes | 开场很好 关于Hughes |
[02:43] | and FLOTUS, section A. | 和第一夫人的东西 A部分 |
[02:45] | There isn’t an A. We’re numbering the sections. | 没有A 我们现在用数字编号 |
[02:47] | – We are? – We are. We agreed on numbers. | – 是吗? -是的 我们都同意用数字 |
[02:49] | So section A is now section one. | 所以A部分现在是第一部分 |
[02:51] | Harvard education right there. | 哈佛教育的好啊 |
[02:54] | Hey, who is that? | 那是谁? |
[02:56] | Oh, I want to say Chloe or Ellie. | 我想是Chloe或者Ellie |
[02:58] | Ally. No, Sally | Alyy 不 Sally |
[03:00] | There are a million young women around here | 这里有一万个年轻女人 |
[03:02] | and they all look exactly the same to me. | 在我看来全都一模一样 |
[03:03] | You big lady racist. | 你这个十足的女性歧视者 |
[03:05] | Hey, guys, I had an idea. | 各位 我有个主意 |
[03:09] | Smells like Puerto Rico in here. | 这里闻起来像波多黎各 |
[03:11] | I’m juicing. | 我在榨果汁 |
[03:13] | Oh, okay. | 好吧 |
[03:14] | So how about this idea? | 这个主意怎么样? |
[03:17] | How about if we take the cut section | 如果我们把Hughes总统 |
[03:19] | of the President Hughes draft | 草案的削减部分 |
[03:20] | and we put it together with the spendy section | 和我的“家庭第一”草案的增加开支部分 |
[03:23] | of my Families First draft, right? | 放在一起 怎么样? |
[03:25] | Plus with the breast-feeding business. | 再加上母乳喂养的事 |
[03:27] | Yes, ma’am. | 是 夫人 |
[03:28] | That’s files Mike11A1 and Mike11A11. | 那是Mike11A1和Mike11A11文件 |
[03:31] | – That’s for my reference. – Okay. | – 那是我的编号 – 好的 |
[03:32] | Ma’am, they still haven’t found the three missing hikers. | 夫人 他们还没发现三个失踪的登山者 |
[03:36] | – Cathy will keep you updated. – Oh, thank you. | – Cathy会告诉您最新消息 – 哦 谢谢 |
[03:41] | – Who is that? – Hey, who is Cathy? | – 那是谁? – Cathy是谁? |
[03:45] | I’ve got to go. | 我得走了 |
[03:46] | All right, come on. | 好的 走吧 |
[03:47] | That was the actual President of the United States. | 那就是真正的美国总统 |
[03:50] | It never stops being cool. | 永远这么酷 |
[03:51] | – She calls me Mike. – That is your name. | – 她叫我Mike – 那就是你的名字 |
[03:53] | Obviously we’re gonna need to talk about President Hughes. | 当然我们还得谈到Hughes总统 |
[03:57] | You know, thanks a million, take it easy. | 非常感谢 放轻松什么的 |
[03:59] | Let’s just keep it short, though. | 但是要短一点 |
[04:00] | And then that’s where we put in my vision for the future, | 然后就加入我对未来的愿景 |
[04:03] | okay? | 好吗? |
[04:04] | For now, just put a marker that just says “future whatever.” | 现在先标记上“未来随便吧” |
[04:07] | It’s just that I’ve got an intelligence briefing | 有个情报简报会议 |
[04:08] | that I’ve got to get to, okay? | 我得参加 好吗? |
[04:10] | Okay, you know what we should do is prioritize. | 我们应该排好优先顺序 |
[04:12] | ‘Cause there’s like the cutty and the spendy… | 因为有削减、增加开支… |
[04:14] | I agree. | 我同意 |
[04:14] | Suckas. | 人渣们 |
[04:19] | Hey, ma’am, I can’t go in this intelligence briefing with you. | 夫人 我不能陪您去这个情报简报会议 |
[04:22] | – Right. – Is there anything that you need? | – 对 – 您需要什么吗? |
[04:24] | I got those Dutch eyedrops you requested. | 我有您要的荷兰眼药水 |
[04:26] | No, I don’t need you, Gary. | 不 我不需要你 Gary |
[04:28] | Great. Great. I just thought I’d ask. Here’s your coffee. | 好的 我就觉得得问问 这是您的咖啡 |
[04:30] | – No. – Okay. | – 不用 – 好的 |
[04:32] | Yeah, um, ma’am, | 夫人 |
[04:33] | have you given any thought | 您考虑过 |
[04:35] | to the vice president being at these meetings? | 让副总统参加这些会议吗? |
[04:39] | You know, I mean, I wouldn’t want him to have | 我不想让他像我当副总统时 |
[04:42] | the shitty experience that I had as veep. | 有那些屎一样的经历 |
[04:44] | No. | 是的 |
[04:46] | Unfortunately, the precedent has been set for this meeting, | 遗憾的是 总统已经定好要参加这个会议了 |
[04:48] | so I wouldn’t want to go change things… | 所以我不想改变事情… |
[04:50] | – Not at this early stage. – Exactly. Right. | – 现在这种早期阶段不行 – 正是 |
[04:57] | President needs the bag. | 总统需要这个包 |
[04:58] | – Oh, yeah, yeah, yeah, sure. – She only needs the bag. | – 是是是 当然 – 她只需要这个包 |
[05:01] | Okay, it’s not that simple. Hey, hey, hey, easy. | 没这么简单 嗨嗨 轻一点 |
[05:04] | You’re holding it wrong. You’re holding it wrong. | 你拿得不对 你拿得不对 |
[05:08] | Ladies be crying, pimps be dying. | 姑娘们都哭了 皮条客快死了 |
[05:11] | It’s Jonah Ryan. | Jonah Ryan来了 |
[05:13] | Ah, I thought I heard a little girl’s voice. | 我就觉得听到一个小女孩的声音 |
[05:15] | – I was right. – Hello, sir. | – 听得没错 – 你好 先生 |
[05:17] | Come with me. This is a man hang now. | 跟我来 现在这里是男人帮了 |
[05:20] | It doesn’t reek of moisturizer and vaginal spray anymore. | 不会再有润肤露和妇炎洁的恶臭了 |
[05:24] | And that was just Dan. | 那还只是Dan的味道而已 |
[05:27] | Hey, big guy. How’s it hanging? | 大个子 你这傻吊还好吗? |
[05:28] | You know, pretty good. Like a strap-on in a porn dungeon… | 挺好 就像假丁日来到了色情地牢… |
[05:31] | rock hard and coveredin pussy juice. | 坚如磐石 满是蜜汁 |
[05:33] | You like that? I got a ton of them. | 你喜欢吗? 我有一大堆黄段子 |
[05:35] | – You can ask me again. – Hey, how’s it hanging? | – 再问我一次 – 嗨 你这傻吊还好吗? |
[05:37] | – Like a fat meat fence post… – Mr. Ryan. | – 像个粗大的肉棍… – Ryan先生 |
[05:39] | Oh, Mr. Vice President. Hello. | 哦 副总统先生 您好 |
[05:42] | Thank you for asking me to stop by. | 感谢您让我过来 |
[05:44] | You know who won the war? | 你知道是谁打赢了战争吗? |
[05:46] | I believe that we… we did? | 我相信是… 我们? |
[05:48] | No, not the grunts in the front. | 不 不是前线的部队 |
[05:51] | It was the fellas behind the scenes. | 是幕后的人们 |
[05:54] | – The intel gatherers, the code crackers. | 情报人员 解密人员 |
[05:56] | – Ah, yeah. | 是的 |
[05:57] | I need you to be my West Wing wiretap. | 我要你做我在西翼的窃听器 |
[06:00] | I need you to spy for me. | 我要你为我刺探情报 |
[06:03] | – Yes, sir. – Selina freezing you out, old-timer? | – 是的 先生 – Selina冷藏你了 老古董? |
[06:06] | Oh, absolutely. Cycle of abuse continues. | 绝对的 虐待循环继续进行 |
[06:09] | Like the Catholic Church. | 就像天主教堂 |
[06:10] | Yeah, or an Arkansas wedding. | 是的 或者阿肯色州的婚礼 |
[06:13] | Oh, boom. Lean down, high five. | 弯腰 击掌 |
[06:14] | – All right. – Yeah. | – 好啊 – 好的 |
[06:17] | That’s it, Jonah. Thank you. | 就这些 谢谢你 Jonah |
[06:19] | Yes, sir. Thank you, sir. | 是的 先生 谢谢您 先生 |
[06:22] | Yeah, he’s a good kid. | 他是个好孩子 |
[06:24] | Yeah, excuse me a second. | 失陪一下 |
[06:27] | So, you hate me, right? | 所以 你讨厌我 是吗? |
[06:30] | – I’m sorry? – No, no, I’m kidding. We’re buds. | – 什么?- 不不 开玩笑呢 我们是兄弟 |
[06:32] | But I’m the vice president’s chief of staff. | 但我是副总统的幕僚长 |
[06:34] | You know, you came to see him directly, | 你跑来直接见他 |
[06:36] | I didn’t know you were coming. | 我都不知道你要来 |
[06:37] | – So… – Oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to… | – 所以… – 很抱歉 我不是想… |
[06:40] | not… I didn’t mean to step out of line. | 不是… 我不是想越级 |
[06:43] | Oh, no, we’re good. We’re friends forever. | 不 我们没事 我们是永远的朋友 |
[06:44] | – All right, okay, cool. Thanks, Teddy. | 好的 太好了 谢谢 Teddy |
[06:46] | – You’re a good man, Jonah. | 你是个好人 Jonah |
[06:47] | We need guys like you, because this game takes guts. | 我们需要你这样的人 因为这个游戏需要勇气 |
[06:51] | – Yeah. Yeah. – Right? And it takes balls. | – 是的 是的 – 而且需要有种 |
[06:57] | You’ve got ’em, buddy. | 你都有 朋友 |
[07:03] | Yeah, elevator’s here. | 电梯到了 |
[07:04] | Yeah. The vice president likes you. | 副总统喜欢你 |
[07:07] | I like when he likes people. | 我很高兴他喜欢别人 |
[07:08] | So just text me before you come over. | 下次来之前给我发短信 |
[07:11] | I’ll always let you in. | 我都会让你进的 |
[07:15] | – Okay. – It was great talking to you. | – 好的 – 很高兴和你聊天 |
[07:21] | I don’t want to be stuck with the Hughes plan. | 我不想和Hughes的计划绑在一起 |
[07:24] | Some dead guy’s plan. | 一个死人的计划 |
[07:25] | Well, he’s not dead, ma’am. | 他还没死 夫人 |
[07:27] | No. It’s fun for me to say, though. | 没 只是说起来很好玩 |
[07:28] | What are the numbers here | “家庭第一”的最新民意调查 |
[07:30] | in the latest polling on Families First, huh? | 数据怎么样? |
[07:32] | Raising kids out of poverty and helping working moms? | 抚养孩子脱离贫困 帮助有工作的妈妈? |
[07:34] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[07:35] | Poor working moms seem to love it for some reason. | 因为某些原因 贫困的有工作的妈妈喜欢它 |
[07:36] | But they only ever vote with their phones, | 但是她们只会通过手机投票 |
[07:38] | usually for other poor young moms who can’t sing. | 通常是投给其他不会唱歌的贫困年轻妈妈 |
[07:41] | All right, well, thank you for these numbers, guys. | 好吧 谢谢你们的数据 伙计们 |
[07:43] | – Thank you. – You’re welcome, Madam President. | – 谢谢你们 – 不用谢 总统女士 |
[07:45] | But, I mean, there has got to be a way | 但是 一定会有什么办法 |
[07:47] | to have the cuts and have the Families First bill. | 能够完成削减 也能通过“家庭第一”提案 |
[07:51] | What about the military? | 军队怎么样? |
[07:51] | Would they go for more cuts, you think? | 你们认为他们会支持更多的削减吗 ? |
[07:53] | Yeah, we just got to do a cock-thumb. | 是的 我们只要弄个丁丁-拇指 |
[07:55] | What? What did you say? A cock-thumb? | 什么? 你说什么?丁丁-拇指? |
[07:57] | – Yeah. – What is that? | – 是的 – 那是啥? |
[07:58] | Tell me, do not show me. | 说就行了不要做给我看 |
[08:00] | Well, we propose a radical cut to the military… | 我们提出一个激进的军队削减提案… |
[08:02] | cutting off the cock… | 切掉丁丁… |
[08:03] | the Joint Chiefs in turn propose | 参谋长联席会议反过来提出 |
[08:05] | their own more reasonable cut… | 他们自己的更合理的削减… |
[08:07] | cutting off the thumb. | 切掉拇指 |
[08:07] | Commonly known as negotiating? | 也就是众所周知的讨价还价? |
[08:10] | Okay, well, let’s cock-thumb. | 好吧 让我们丁丁-拇指 |
[08:12] | I really don’t care for that term. | 非常不喜欢这个词 |
[08:15] | – Madam President. – Yeah? | – 总统夫人 – 嗯? |
[08:16] | The Prime Minister of India has sent you this. | 印度总理寄给您这个 |
[08:19] | – Why? – I can’t really work it out, | – 为什么? – 我没搞明白 |
[08:21] | but I’ll put in a time for you to thank him. | 但是我会安排时间让您感谢他 |
[08:23] | No, I don’t want that. | 不 我不想放在那 |
[08:25] | – No duck? – No. | – 不要鸭子? – 不要 |
[08:26] | It’s a dead duck. | 鸭子去死吧 |
[08:29] | Madam President, there will be a way | 总统夫人 会找到办法 |
[08:31] | to do both of these things, cuts and spending. | 同时做到削减和增加开支 |
[08:34] | I know, you can absolutely do two contradictory things at once. | 我知道 你绝对可以同时做两个矛盾的事情 |
[08:38] | For example, I love my mother, | 比如 我爱我母亲 |
[08:40] | but I had to put her in a home. | 但是我不得不送她去养老院 |
[08:42] | And it’s actually better for her if I don’t visit. | 而且如果我不去看她 其实对她更好 |
[08:44] | Ma’am, this job will never be easy. | 夫人 这项工作不会简单 |
[08:46] | Man, don’t I know it. Oh, my God. | 我还不知道 天呐 |
[08:48] | I feel like I’ve got a hamster wheel in my head. | 我感觉我脑袋里有个仓鼠轮 |
[08:50] | You know that feeling? | 你知道那种感觉吗? |
[08:51] | Yeah. Did you ever hear the theory that Reagan hired Hinckley | 是的 您听说过那个理论 里根雇了欣克利(曾刺杀里根未遂) |
[08:53] | just so he could get two weeks in bed? | 以便能够在床上躺两周吗? |
[08:55] | Yeah, I’d buy that. | 是的 我是信了 |
[08:57] | All right, so we’ll cock-thumb the Joint Chiefs. | 好吧 我们要对参谋长联席会议“丁丁-拇指” |
[08:59] | What do you think they’re gonna offer? | 你觉得他们会如何提议? |
[09:01] | I don’t know. Two, three billion. | 不知道 二三十亿吧 |
[09:02] | You know, maybe sell off a useless airfield. | 也许卖掉一个没用的机场 |
[09:04] | Maybe we can put Afghanistan on eBay. | 也许我们可以把阿富汗挂eBay上 |
[09:07] | – Get about 10 bucks for that. – Yeah. Yeah. | – 能卖个十块钱 – 是的 是的 |
[09:09] | Louis, Pennsylvania numbers, | Louis 宾州的数据 |
[09:11] | I need them up to date and two days ago, so work it out. | 我要最新数据和两天前的数据 快搞定 |
[09:13] | I have the new figures on absentee ballots and early voting. | 我有缺席选票和提前投票的最新数据 |
[09:15] | Great, take a chopper up and add it to the | 很好 坐直升机把它放到 |
[09:17] | top of the pile on my desk. | 我桌上那一大堆顶上去 |
[09:18] | Mr. Cafferty wants to know our direct mail plans. | Cafferty先生想了解直邮广告计划 |
[09:20] | The president needs to make a decision. | 总统需要做决定 |
[09:22] | Cuts or spending on the Families bill. | 削减或者在“家庭”提案上增加开支 |
[09:24] | – Got it. – Chicken and egg scenario. | – 明白了 – 先有鸡先有蛋的情况 |
[09:25] | Yeah, but where the chicken is just refusing to ovulate. | 是的 但是这里的母鸡拒绝下蛋 |
[09:29] | What’s in the speech? | 演讲里说什么? |
[09:30] | Will the president cut the deficit or spend on families? | 总统要削减赤字还是在“家庭”上增加开支? |
[09:34] | Austerity or playgrounds? | 财政紧缩还是建游乐场? |
[09:35] | She’s considering her options. | (要为集会订乐队吗?) 她还在考虑各种可能 |
[09:38] | Or she doesn’t have a clue. | 或者她根本没头绪 |
[09:39] | We cannot afford to fall behind. | 我们承担不了落在后面 |
[09:42] | We’re neck and neck with Chung. | 我们和Chung难分高下 |
[09:43] | And have you heard the Thornhill rumor? | 你听说Thornhill的传言吗? |
[09:46] | Of course I have, Amy. | 我当然知道 Amy |
[09:47] | I’m the White House Press Secretary. | 我是白宫新闻秘书 |
[09:50] | But imagine I haven’t. | 但是假设我不知道 |
[09:52] | He might quit. | 他可能会退出 |
[09:53] | Stop running against Selina for the nomination. | (Thornhill的竞选经理希望…) 不再跟Selina竞争提名 |
[09:55] | And my assistant tells me via cue card | 我的助理通过提示卡告诉我 |
[09:58] | that Ericsson wants a meeting. | (…会面 不好意思翻页了) Ericsson想会面 |
[10:00] | Thornhill quitting is good. | Thornhill退出太好了 |
[10:02] | No, wait, you’re… no, no, it’s good. | 不 等等 你… 不不 很好 |
[10:05] | No. If he folds, Chung gets his votes. | 不 如果他弃牌 Chung会得到他的选票 |
[10:08] | Candidate poker. | 候选人扑克 |
[10:09] | Well, don’t blame me for this, Amy. | 别怪我 Amy |
[10:11] | Don’t shoot the messenger. | 不杀来使 |
[10:12] | I just gave you the message. | 是我刚告诉你这个消息 |
[10:14] | You’re being shot by the messenger. | 是你被来使杀了 |
[10:16] | Well, it’s still not good. | (另外 Mike McLintock也想和您通话) 那也不好 |
[10:20] | There’s still no content in this speech. | 这个演讲里还是没有内容 |
[10:22] | – It’s like a diet soufflee. – I know, I know. | – 就像牛肉面不加牛肉 – 我知道 我知道 |
[10:24] | Sue, does the president have any spare time | Sue 总统今天下午有空闲时间 |
[10:26] | this afternoon for an extra speechwriting meeting? | 再来一次讲演稿讨论会吗 |
[10:29] | Can mice levitate, Mike? | 老鼠能飞吗 Mike? |
[10:30] | Can they levitate and fire lasers out of their mouse eyes? | 它们能边飞边从眼里发射激光吗? |
[10:33] | No. | 不能 |
[10:34] | Well, then we’ve just asked each | 那么我们刚刚都问了 |
[10:35] | other equally ridiculous questions. | 一个同样荒谬的问题 |
[10:36] | Hey, this bag was not returned to me in the condition I expected. | 这个包还给我的时候 跟我想的不一样 |
[10:39] | There was a lot of loose lids. Do you know… | 很多盖子都松了 你知道… |
[10:43] | A lot of changes, huh, buddy? | 一切都变了 是吗老兄? |
[10:44] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[10:46] | All right, so look, in terms of actual words… | 好吧 说的具体的措辞… |
[10:47] | I mean, most meetings I don’t even have security clearance for. | 大部分会议我都没有安全级别 |
[10:49] | Navy stewards bring her drinks in. | 海军勤务员给她送喝的 |
[10:51] | I barely see her. | 我几乎见不到她 |
[10:53] | You can just use the FLOTUS window. | 你可以用第一夫人的窗口 |
[10:56] | Looks right down onto the Oval Office. | 向下就能看到椭圆形办公室 |
[10:58] | – You can? – Sure. | – 是吗? – 当然 |
[10:59] | A lot of anxious First Ladies use it. | 许多焦虑的第一夫人都用过 |
[11:01] | Okay, that’s ignored, but thank you for your concern. | 好吧 不跟你计较这个 多谢关心 |
[11:03] | Mike, you can barely cope. | Mike 你都应付不来了 |
[11:05] | How are you finding the new setup? | 你对新定位感觉怎么样? |
[11:06] | I’m actually kind of famous now. | 实际上 我现在算是出名了 |
[11:08] | Really? You sure about that? | 真的么? 你确定? |
[11:10] | Yeah, I got recognized on the street today. | 是的 我今天在街上被认出来了 |
[11:12] | Guy had already met me and then forgot that he met me | 那家伙其实见过我 但是忘记了 |
[11:15] | and then recognized me from TV | 然后又从电视上认出了我 |
[11:17] | and then remembered me again. | 然后又记起我了 |
[11:19] | That’s a great story, Mike. | 真是个美妙的故事 Mike |
[11:21] | Oh, hey, if any of you new bitch puppies need help | 如果你们这群小母狗需要 |
[11:23] | finding the mommy teats around here, | 帮忙找妈妈的奶头 |
[11:25] | you can just ask a West Wing vet, ‘kay? | 去问西翼的兽医 好吗? |
[11:27] | Oh, how’s the new veep’s office? | 新副总统办公室怎么样? |
[11:29] | – What? – The new veep’s office. | – 什么? – 新副总统办公室 |
[11:32] | It’s great. Why are you even asking? | 棒极了 你还要问? |
[11:35] | I mean, it’s so good. It’s fucking… it’s great. | 太好了 真他妈的棒极了 |
[11:37] | Me, Doyle. | 我 Doyle |
[11:39] | I mean, come on, Teddy. Of course, Teddy. | 还有 Teddy 当然 Teddy |
[11:42] | So good over there, guys. So good. | 那边太好了 伙计们 太好了 |
[11:46] | It’s my pleasure to meet you, Mr. Ericsson. | 很高兴见到你 Ericsson先生 |
[11:48] | Good. | 很好 |
[11:51] | It’s a nice room. | 房间不错 |
[11:53] | For a lonely suicide or an affair with your secretary. | 适合孤独的自杀或者和秘书偷情 |
[11:55] | It’s discreet. There’s no DC people here. | 我们要谨慎 这里没有华府的人 |
[11:58] | I booked it using the name Lazlo Whittaker. | 我用Lazlo Whittaker这个名字预订的 |
[12:01] | Was Vladimir Draw-Attention-To-Myself already taken? | “弗拉基米尔(普金名).求关注”这个名字被占了? |
[12:04] | A coffee? | 要咖啡吗? |
[12:05] | – Skinny latte. – Americano triple shot. | – 无脂拿铁 – 特浓美式咖啡 |
[12:08] | How about any sides? Maybe a sandwich? | 要配餐吗? 三明治? |
[12:11] | I’ll take a protein bar. I’m allergic to macadamia nuts. | 我要一个蛋白质棒 我对夏威夷果过敏 |
[12:13] | Got it… no deadly macadamias for Mr. Ericsson. | 明白… Ericsson先生不要致死的夏威夷果 |
[12:15] | – Almond croissant, sparkling water. | 杏仁羊角包 苏打水 |
[12:17] | – I’ll take a water, too. | 我也要水 |
[12:17] | You know what? Just gonna grab a pen and paper. | 我得拿笔纸笔 |
[12:19] | Let me write this down. | 我得记下来 |
[12:22] | Or I will remember it using my brain. | 或者我就用脑子记下来 |
[12:24] | I’ve got a pretty good one. | 我脑子不错 |
[12:25] | Illinois Institute of Technology. | 伊利诺伊理工学院毕业的 |
[12:28] | I’ll cut right to the chase. | 我就有话直说了 |
[12:29] | Good, ’cause that last minute was a very long minute. | 太好了 因为刚才那一分钟真是非常漫长 |
[12:31] | – Is Joe… – Joe Thornhill quitting? | – Joe要… – Joe Thornhill要退出吗? |
[12:34] | Nice question. I was just asking it. | 好问题 我正要问呢 |
[12:36] | Joe’s not quitting, but the rumor’s half right. | Joe没要退出 但是传言有一半是对的 |
[12:38] | I’ve just quit as his campaign manager. | 我刚辞去了他的竞选经理一职 |
[12:40] | Why would you do that the fuck for? | 你他妈的为啥要那样做? |
[12:43] | Joltin’ Joe has hit the top of his bounce. | 摇摆Joe(著名棒球手 戏称)已经触顶要走下坡路了 |
[12:45] | Does he realize that or is he gonna find out on ESPN? | 他自己意识到了还是要看ESPN(体育电视台)才知道? |
[12:48] | No, he’s very, very stupid. | 不 他非常非常傻逼 |
[12:50] | I thought he’d be an interesting challenge, | 我原本以为他会是个有趣的挑战 |
[12:52] | but he’s a boring chore. | 结果只是无聊的苦差事 |
[12:54] | Your job is very interesting. | 你的工作非常有趣 |
[12:56] | – Well… – Challenging. | – 好吧… – 很具挑战 |
[12:57] | Very exciting job. | 非常令人兴奋的工作 |
[12:59] | My job, yes, it is. | 我的工作 是的 确实 |
[13:01] | The job I have is a very good job. | 我拥有的工作 是非常好的工作 |
[13:08] | – Gary. – Hey, Sue, how’s it going? | – Gary – Sue 怎么样? |
[13:10] | – I was just in here. – I get it, Gary. | – 我刚到这儿 – 我明白 Gary |
[13:12] | – You look pretty. – You don’t need to pretend. | – 你真漂亮 – 你不用装 |
[13:14] | All I need to know is | 我只想知道 |
[13:15] | has the black binder from her desk been moved? | 她桌上的黑色文件夹有没有被移动 |
[13:17] | – The black binder? Yeah, yeah, it has. – Okay. | – 黑色文件夹 是的 是的 – 好的 |
[13:21] | Do you know what? I have never looked at her from this angle. | 你知道吗? 我从没有从这个角度看过她 |
[13:23] | And she still just radiates… okay. | 而她还是一如既往的闪耀… 好吧 |
[13:27] | Do you think Selina will win? | 你认为Selina会赢吗? |
[13:29] | Tough fight, but she can win. | 艰苦的战斗 不过她能赢 |
[13:30] | You said she can win. I asked if she will win. | 你说她能赢 我问她会不会赢 |
[13:33] | I’m sorry, was that sparkling or still water? | 抱歉 你是要苏打水还是纯净水? |
[13:35] | And what kind of croissant? I definitely remember the rest. | 还有什么可颂? 我绝对记得其他的 |
[13:38] | Okay, I’m leaving this hotel room. | 好吧 我要离开这个房间了 |
[13:41] | Good-bye, Amy. Good-bye, Lazlo. | 再见 Amy 再见 Lazlo |
[13:45] | He just quit being Thornhill’s campaign manager. | 他刚辞去了Thornhill的竞选经理一职 |
[13:48] | Wonder what he’ll do next. | 不知道他下一步要干嘛 |
[13:49] | He’s the best campaign manager in America. | 他是美国最好的竞选经理 |
[13:51] | – One of them. – I mean, he could have any job he wants. | – 之一 – 他想要什么工作都能得到 |
[13:53] | – Yeah. – He could have your job. | – 是的 – 他能干你的工作 |
[13:55] | You know, I’m saying all this out loud and | 我大声说出来了 |
[13:57] | I probably shouldn’t be. | 真不应该 |
[13:58] | Thanks, ma’am. Would you like me to take away | 谢谢 夫人 您要我带走黑色文件夹里 |
[14:00] | the signed letters in the black binder? | 签过的信件吗? |
[14:02] | How’d you know I signed those? | 你怎么知道我签过了? |
[14:04] | Oh, I have a sixth sense. | 我有第六感 |
[14:05] | And a seventh for when I need it. | 需要的时候还有第七感 |
[14:07] | – Gary. – Yeah, yeah, yeah. | – Gary.- 在在在 |
[14:08] | – Do you have my hand cream? – Oh, yeah. | – 你有我的护手霜吗? – 是的 |
[14:10] | – I got the new formula from La Prairie… – No, no. | – 我有La Prairie的新产品… – 不不 |
[14:13] | Just give me the whole tube | 把整管都给我 |
[14:14] | ’cause you can’t come into this next meeting either. | 下一个会议你也不能参加 |
[14:16] | And I’m totally fine with that, you know. | 我完全不在意的 你知道 |
[14:18] | Well, Joint Chiefs are on their way. | 参谋长联席会议马上到 |
[14:20] | We should hear their big clanking balls any second. | 我们随时将听到他们的蛋蛋叮呤当啷作响 |
[14:23] | And then all the paintings will fall off the walls. | 然后墙上的画都震掉下来 |
[14:25] | – Oh, hey, Gare? – Yeah, yeah, yeah. | – Gare? – 在在 |
[14:28] | What is the coffee that the navy stewards use? | 海军勤务员送的什么咖啡? |
[14:30] | I can only imagine. | 我都不敢想 |
[14:32] | – It’s heaven. – Oh. | – 升天了 – 哦 |
[14:33] | It’s like Colombian tongue sex. | 简直像哥伦比亚式舌尖上的性爱 |
[14:36] | Why don’t we ever use that coffee? | 为什么我们不喝那种咖啡? |
[14:38] | I don’t know, but you love our old coffee. | 不知道 但是你喜欢我们以前的咖啡 |
[14:39] | – Nah. – No. | – 不喜欢 – 好吧 |
[14:42] | – “Reservoir Dogs,” huh? – Excuse me? | – <落水狗>(电影) – 什么? |
[14:45] | I’ve never actually seen it, but as I understand, | 我从来没看过 但是我知道 |
[14:47] | there’s a scene where they all walk in a row like this. | 那里有一幕他们就像这样走一列 |
[14:50] | What do you think they’re gonna offer us? | 你认为他们会提议什么? |
[14:52] | Uh, $2 billion. Three, tops. | 二十亿 三十 最多 |
[14:55] | So you ready for these buzz-cut bozos? | 你准备好面对这些板寸蠢货了没? |
[14:57] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么呢? |
[14:58] | I’m used to dealing with angry, aggressive, | 我已经习惯对付愤怒 好斗 |
[15:00] | dysfunctional men, i.e., men. | 功能失调的男人 也就是所有男人 |
[15:04] | Well, that’s what we do best. | 那是我们最擅长的 |
[15:05] | That and farting during first Communions. | 除了那个 还是初次圣餐时放屁 |
[15:07] | It’s funny… I don’t really think of you as a man. | 真有趣… 我都不怎么把你当男人 |
[15:10] | – Oh. Okay. – Oh, here they are. | – 好吧 – 他们来了 |
[15:12] | Ma’am. Joint Chiefs of Staff. | 夫人 参谋长联席会议 |
[15:14] | – Gentlemen. – DMadam President. | – 先生们 – 总统女士 |
[15:16] | Please come in. Take a seat. | 请进 请坐 |
[15:18] | I understand you’re on the warpath. I get that. | 我知道你们正在准备战斗 我明白 |
[15:21] | I think it’s your favorite path. | 我想那是你们最喜欢的事 |
[15:29] | – Vampires! – God, stop! | – 吸血鬼! – 老天 别! |
[15:31] | If I was a ninja, you’d be dead right now. | 如果我是忍者 你现在已经死了 |
[15:34] | That’s a life lesson courtesy of Jobi-Wan Kenobi. | 这是绝地大师的生存课程 |
[15:36] | – That’s not cool, man. – Wait, what are you even doing? | – 不好玩 老兄 – 你干嘛呢? |
[15:39] | I’m keeping an eye on the president. | 看着总统 |
[15:42] | Are you sure you wouldn’t be more comfortable | 去隔壁的藏书处 |
[15:43] | at the book depository next door? | 不是更舒服吗 |
[15:45] | – Can you just leave, please? – It was a joke. | – 请你离开好吗? – 开玩笑呢 |
[15:47] | Hey, do you know Teddy Sykes over in the VP’s office? | 你知道VP办公室的Teddy Sykes吗? |
[15:50] | Teddy? Yeah. He’s a great guy. | Teddy? 知道 他是个好人 |
[15:52] | – He is? – He’s really, really hands-on. | – 是吗? – 他很爱 很爱亲力亲为(动手动脚) |
[15:54] | Oh. Okay. | 好的 |
[15:57] | Why do you want to know about Teddy? | 你为什么打听Teddy? |
[15:59] | He played this joke, and, I mean, it was really funny, | 他开了个玩笑 很好笑 |
[16:01] | but, I don’t know, it was a little weird and… | 但是 不知道 有一点奇怪… |
[16:05] | what’s the president doing? | 总统在干什么? |
[16:06] | It looks like she’s having a meeting with the Joint Chiefs. | 看起来她正在会见参谋长联席会议 |
[16:08] | I don’t think it’s scheduled. | 我想不是预先安排的 |
[16:11] | We know you need cuts, but a further 25,000 reduction | 我们知道您需要削减 但是现役军队中 |
[16:14] | in active military troop is unthinkable. | 再减少两万五千个职位 完全难以想象 |
[16:16] | Yeah, but here I am. I’m thinking it. | 是的 但是我在这儿呢 我正想着呢 |
[16:17] | The only unthinkable thing is that anything is unthinkable. | 唯一无法想象的事情只有有些事是无法想象的 |
[16:20] | Kent majored in fortune cookies. | Kent幸运饼干箴言大师 |
[16:25] | Oh! Oh! Oh, my God! | 哦哦! 天呐! |
[16:27] | Are you okay? You look… you look okay. | 你没事吧? 你看起来… 看起来没事 |
[16:30] | Your predecessor said that a force of 420,000 | 你的前任说过 四十二万军队 |
[16:33] | would be more than adequate… | 已经绰绰有余… |
[16:35] | Yeah, that’s horse hockey. Forgive me, ma’am. | 那是胡扯八道 抱歉 夫人 |
[16:38] | No, no. No forgiveness needed. | 不不 无需道歉 |
[16:40] | I mean, at least you didn’t say that’s fucking bullshit. | 至少你没说那是他妈的狗屁 |
[16:41] | Okay, well, let’s see. | 好吧 这就是说 |
[16:44] | – We’re stuck. – We’d like to propose an alternative cut. | – 我们卡在这了 – 我们想提出一个替代的削减计划 |
[16:48] | Oh, okay. An alternative cut. | 好的 替代的削减计划 |
[16:50] | That sounds interesting, doesn’t it, Ben? | 听起来很有趣 是不是 Ben? |
[16:52] | – Very interesting. – Very interesting. | – 非常有趣 – 非常有趣 |
[16:53] | The N620 submarine lacks a mission. | N620型潜艇没有任务 |
[16:55] | It was designed for an outdated Cold War scenario | 它设计用于过时的冷战局面 |
[16:58] | that’s gone the way of the fax machine and the VCR. | 已经和传真机录像机一样随风而去了 |
[17:01] | Okay, so what does that mean | 好的 估算的话 |
[17:03] | in terms of numbers ballpark wise? | 这意味着多少钱? |
[17:05] | I mean, if we were to scrap this program you suggest? | 我是说 如果我们像你建议的一样废除这个计划? |
[17:07] | $50 billion. | 五百亿 |
[17:10] | I… I’m sorry, could you say that again? | 什… 什么 再说一遍? |
[17:12] | 50 billion. | 五百亿 |
[17:13] | Five-zero followed by a bunch of zeroes? | 五 零 再加上一大串零? |
[17:17] | – Nine. – Yes. | – 九个零 – 是的 |
[17:20] | All right, well, you know, I think… | 好吧 你知道 我想… |
[17:22] | well, you know, this gives us something to think about. | 你知道 我们需要考虑一下… |
[17:25] | It’s page three, I think it is. | 第三页 我想是的 |
[17:27] | Yeah. Well, I think we might have different… | 我想我们可能有些不同… |
[17:31] | I think Lassie is trying to tell us something. | 我猜灵犬莱西想告诉我们什么 |
[17:33] | POTUS and the Joint Chiefs meeting, happening now. | 总统和参谋长联席会议正在开会 现在 |
[17:36] | Oh, shit! God damn it. I told you, Teddy. | 靠! 他妈的 我告诉过你 Teddy |
[17:38] | Sir, can I sit down? I think I split my diaphragm. | 先生 我能坐下吗? 我感觉我的隔膜都裂了 |
[17:40] | I need you to run. | 我要你跑去 |
[17:45] | – Thank you. – Okay. | – 谢谢您 – 好的 |
[17:52] | $50 billion! | 五百亿! |
[17:55] | That was masterly, ma’am. | 大师级表现 夫人 |
[17:56] | – Oh, my God! – Or mistressly, whichever isn’t offensive. | – 我的天! – 或者女大师级表现 随便哪个不唐突的词 |
[17:59] | That wasn’t a cock-thumb. That was a cock-cock. | 那不是丁丁-拇指 那是丁丁-丁丁 |
[18:02] | – Yeah, I nearly puked. – How big is $50 billion? | – 是啊 我都快吐了 – 五百亿有多少? |
[18:05] | Get it in here in five-dollar bills. | 换成五块纸币搬进来 |
[18:07] | I’m gonna climb it and see if I get frostbite. | 爬到顶我都要被冻伤了 |
[18:12] | Oh, oh, Andrew. | 哦 Andrew |
[18:14] | – Heard there was a meeting. – Yes. | – 听说有个会 – 是的 |
[18:16] | It was just a little light housecleaning. | 只是打扫房间 |
[18:18] | – Dusting, really. – I ran all the way here. | – 除尘 真的 – 我一路跑来的 |
[18:20] | Well, you know what? You’re in phenomenal shape. | 你知道吗? 你身体太棒了 |
[18:22] | For a man of your age, it’s just extraordinary. | 对于你这个年龄的人来说 真是非同寻常 |
[18:24] | Are you thirsty? Do you want something to drink? | 你渴吗? 想喝点什么? |
[18:26] | No, I have a lot to do. | 不用 我事情很多 |
[18:29] | Okay, bye-bye. Oh, wait, Andrew. | 好的 拜拜 哦 等等 Andrew |
[18:31] | Would you close the door behind you? | 你能关下门吗? |
[18:34] | Thanks. But nice to see you. | 谢谢 很高兴见到你 |
[18:39] | “We bet on American workers. We bet on American ingenuity.” | “我们相信美国的劳动者 我们相信美国的创造力” |
[18:42] | Guys, this writing is absolutely fantastic! | 各位 写的简直妙极了! |
[18:46] | It’s “50 Shades of Great.” | 这是”五十度棒” |
[18:49] | – Really. – Thank you, Madam President. | – 真的 – 谢谢您 总统夫人 |
[18:51] | All in a day’s work that also took all night. | 全都是一天的工作 也花了一整夜 |
[18:53] | – How do I look? – Oh, beautiful, beautiful. | – 我看起来怎么样? – 非常美 非常美 |
[18:55] | – Good. – Actually, let me take these glasses out. | – 很好 – 让我把这个眼镜拿出来 |
[18:58] | – It looks like you have a penis. – What? | – 看起来您好像长鸡鸡了 – 什么? |
[19:00] | Which you can totally pull off if you had… if you had to. | 如果… 如果您要的话 您绝对能长出来 |
[19:03] | – Got to go. – Good luck, Madam President. | – 该走了 – 好运 总统夫人 |
[19:05] | – Bye. – Well done, guys. | – 再见 – 干得漂亮 各位 |
[19:06] | I don’t like to swear, guys, | 我不想说脏话 各位 |
[19:08] | but I think the S is about to hit the F. | 但是我想S马上就要撞到F了 |
[19:11] | The shit is gonna hit the fuck? | 屎(shit)马上要撞到操(fuck)了? |
[19:12] | No, F is for fan, Mike, not fuck. | 不 F是电扇(fan) Mike 不是操 (屎撞扇:麻烦大了) |
[19:14] | Why would shit hit fuck? Shit doesn’t hit fuck. | 屎怎么会撞到操? 屎不会撞到操 |
[19:16] | Well, I’ve read the speech. So have my friends here. | 我读了这个演讲 我的这些朋友也读了 |
[19:18] | Oh, sorry. Guys, this is the military industrial complex. | 抱歉 各位 这是军事工业复合体 |
[19:22] | Military industrial complex, | 军事工业复合体 |
[19:24] | these are the president’s flying monkeys. | 这是总统的走狗们 |
[19:26] | Is this about the submarine jobs? | 这是关于潜艇工作吗? |
[19:27] | 10 fucking points to Elsa the ice queen. | 给冰雪女王Elsa(冰雪奇缘)加他妈十分 |
[19:30] | Shall we recalibrate our language, Roger? | 要调整下用词吗 Roger? |
[19:32] | It’s Congressman Furlong to you, gray Elvis. | 叫我国会议员Furlong 灰发猫王 |
[19:35] | And, yes, this is about specifically | 以及 是的 这正是关于 |
[19:36] | 1,900 submarine jobs in my district | 这个演讲将会搞掉的 |
[19:39] | that this announcement will torpedo. | 我选区里的1900个潜艇工作 |
[19:41] | The N620s are for a threat that doesn’t exist. | N620型是为了不存在的威胁设计的 |
[19:44] | We may as well have an anti-unicorn strategy. | 我们还应该搞个抗独角兽战略 |
[19:46] | And they cost $50 billion dollors. 50 billion. | 而且它们要花费五百亿美元 五百亿 |
[19:48] | And I’m gonna say dollars again. Dollars. | 我还得再说一遍美元 美元 |
[19:51] | You think the whole sub is made in one place? | 你以为整个潜艇都是在同一个地方建造的? |
[19:53] | Because the fin, or whatever the fuck, | 因为翅片 或者不知道叫啥的玩意 |
[19:55] | it comes from one factory in one state. | 来自一个州的一个工厂 |
[19:57] | And then this little round fucking | 而他妈的小圆窗 |
[19:58] | window comes from another place. | 来自另一个地方 |
[20:00] | All right? And the fuel rods are from Cheesedick, Wisconsin. | 懂吗? 而燃料棒来自威斯康星州叫乳酪鸡巴的破地方 |
[20:03] | We are going to lose votes and seats everywhere. | 我们将会在所有地方失去选票和席位 |
[20:06] | So take the periscope out of your asses | 所以把潜望镜从菊花里拔出来 |
[20:08] | and look at the warhead of shit that’s coming at you. | 看看马上就要击中你们的弹头 |
[20:11] | Hey, Dobby the house elf, we’ve had enough. | 家养小精灵Dobby(哈利波特) 我们听够了 |
[20:13] | – Just get out. – Okay. | – 快走吧 – 好吧 |
[20:15] | You can wave bye-bye to the Families First bill | 你们可以跟”家庭第一”提案说再见了 |
[20:17] | because the lawmakers in these districts | 因为这些选区的议员 |
[20:19] | are going to Vulcan death grip you to fuck. | 将会用瓦肯死亡之握(星际迷航)干死你们 |
[20:21] | Live long and fuck off. | 生生不息 滚你妈的(星际迷航) |
[20:24] | Speech is already in the teleprompter. | 演讲已经上提词器了 |
[20:26] | She’s on her way down. I’m gonna have a fucking heart attack. | 她马上就到 我心脏病要他妈的发作了 |
[20:28] | Popped your cardiac cherry, huh, Mike? | 你的心脏要开苞见红了 Mike? |
[20:31] | I’m gonna go talk to the president. | 我要和总统谈谈 |
[20:33] | – Hey, Mr. Speaker. – Thrilled for you, ma’am. | – 议长先生 – 为您高兴 夫人 |
[20:36] | Oh, see, you’re being sarcastic, Jim. | 你在讽刺我呢 Jim |
[20:38] | Absolutely thrilled, really. | 绝对为您高兴 真的 |
[20:40] | – Oh, no, see, that’s sarcasm. – Couldn’t be more thrilled. | – 看 这就是讽刺 – 喜不自胜 |
[20:42] | – That is sarcasm. – No, it’s not. | – 就是讽刺 – 不 不是 |
[20:44] | – It is, I see it. Yeah, and… oh. – Ma’am. | – 就是 我听出来了 还有… – 夫人 |
[20:47] | Hi, Ben. | 你好 Ben |
[20:48] | What’s with that Deputy Dawg face you got going? | 你这脸跟探长狗(动画片)一样是怎么了? |
[20:50] | Well, there’s a lot of districts that won’t support the submarine cuts. | 有很多选区不会支持潜艇削减 |
[20:54] | So if you go ahead, they’re gonna kill… | 所以如果您提出 他们会杀… |
[20:56] | They’re gonna kill my Families First, then? | 他们就会搞死我的”家庭第一”? |
[20:58] | That’s the long and shit of it. | 这是它操蛋的本意 |
[20:59] | Okay. We’re gonna have to find the money somewhere else. | 好吧 我们要从其他地方搞钱 |
[21:02] | Okay? Just end high school in ninth grade or something. | 好吗? 让高中生初三就毕业什么的 |
[21:05] | Just take the submarine cuts out of the speech. | 从演讲里去掉潜艇削减 |
[21:07] | Okay. | 好的 |
[21:08] | – Change it. Hurry up. – Yeah. | – 去改 快点 – 是 |
[21:09] | Mr. Speaker, | 议长先生 |
[21:11] | the President of the United States. | 美国总统 |
[21:17] | She’s onstage. | 她上台了 |
[21:19] | Okay, okay, one of us needs to write some new text | 好的 好的 我们中的一个要写一些新内容 |
[21:21] | and I really need to stop shallow breathing. | 而我真的要缓口气 |
[21:23] | POTUS has spoken. We cut the cuts. | 总统说话了 我们要剪掉削减部分 |
[21:25] | Okay, Sue, we need to go to that section of the speech. | 好的 Sue 我们要找到演讲的那部分 |
[21:28] | I don’t think I can edit that section | 我觉得没法在Selina看演讲前部的时候 |
[21:29] | and still have Selina see the top of the speech. | 修改那一部分 |
[21:31] | – Let me see what happens if I… – That’s what happens. | – 让我看看 这么做会怎样… – 会这样 |
[21:33] | We’re the first woman president. | 我们是第一个女性总统 |
[21:35] | Right? Well, I am. You’re not, Michael. | 我是 你不是 Michael |
[21:37] | – Congratulations, ma’am. – I’m looking at you, | – 恭喜 夫人 – 我看着你 |
[21:39] | but I’m shaking somebody else’s hand. | 但是我在和别人握手 |
[21:41] | It’s the strangest feeling. | 感觉好奇怪 |
[21:43] | Oh, it’s you. That is you, right? | 哦 是你啊 就是你 对吗? |
[21:45] | It’s him. | 是他 |
[21:49] | Hurry up! How come you type with only two fingers? | 快点! 你为什么只用两个指头打字? |
[21:52] | – You’re not a sloth. | 你又不是树獭 |
[21:53] | – No, wait, she’s got the hard copy, right? | 等等 她有纸质版 对吗? |
[21:55] | I mean, that’s her backup chute right there. | 那是她的后备降落伞 |
[21:56] | Great, she reads that while we edit this. | 太好了 我们修改这个的时候 她读那个 |
[21:58] | – Okay. Okay. – I have her glasses. | – 好的 好的 – 我拿了她的眼镜 |
[22:01] | – What? – I’ve got her glasses. | – 什么? – 我拿了她的眼镜 |
[22:03] | You should not have those. | 你不应该拿 |
[22:05] | Why have you blinded the president, Gary? | 你为什么要把总统弄瞎 Gary? |
[22:07] | They were ruining the line of her dress and… | 它破坏了她裙子的线条… |
[22:09] | – Mr. Walsh. – No one hates me more than I hate myself. | – Walsh先生 – 没人比我更恨我自己了 |
[22:11] | You’re wrong there. You run into the chamber | 你搞砸了 快跑去礼堂 |
[22:13] | and you give her the glasses | 给她送眼镜 |
[22:14] | and you keep running until you hit the ocean. | 然后继续跑一直跳到海里 |
[22:15] | Go, Gary. Chamber, now. | 快去 Gary 礼堂 现在 |
[22:17] | Too late, she’s already at the podium. | 太晚了 她已经上讲台了 |
[22:18] | Well, I’ve killed her. I’ve killed her, okay? | 我杀了她 我杀了她 |
[22:20] | Thank you, Mr. Speaker… | 谢谢 议长先生… |
[22:21] | – God, God, God. – Mr. Vice President, | – 天啊 天啊 天啊 – 副总统先生 |
[22:24] | members of Congress, my fellow Americans. | 各位议员 我的美国同胞们 |
[22:28] | I’d like to begin today… | 今天我首先… |
[22:37] | by saying a few words. | 想说几句话 |
[22:42] | I’d like to ask for some time to think | 我想请大家花一点时间 |
[22:46] | about President Hughes | 缅怀Hughes总统 |
[22:48] | and the former First Lady. | 和前任第一夫人 |
[22:51] | So let’s… let’s take a moment to bow our heads | 让我们… 我们花几分钟低下头 |
[22:55] | and remember their contribution to this great nation. | 怀念他们对这个伟大国家的贡献 |
[22:58] | They’re not dead. | 他们还没死 |
[23:09] | Ha ha ha! I’ve done it! I rule so hard. | 哈哈哈! 我搞定了! 我太牛逼了 |
[23:12] | Don’t stop. Give me the USB. | 别停 给我U盘 |
[23:14] | Oh, shit. I always get it wrong. | 妈的 我总是搞错 |
[23:15] | It’s a 50-50 chance. I never get the right side up. | 这是一半一半的机会 我从来没搞对过 |
[23:20] | God bless them. What people, what people. | 上帝保佑他们 多好的人 多好的人 |
[23:24] | There are literally no words. | 确确实实 没有语言 可以表达 |
[23:28] | Come on, come on. Hurry up. | 快点 快点 |
[23:30] | People want to know who I am | 人民想要知道我是谁 |
[23:32] | and I want to tell them so much. | 而我想告诉他们太多 |
[23:38] | It is up and the eagle has noticed. | 上线了 鹰眼已经注意到了 |
[23:43] | My entire career just flashed before my eyes. | 我的整个职业生涯刚才都从眼前闪过 |
[23:45] | It was incredibly impressive. | 真是难以置信 |
[23:47] | That its government was in safe hands. | 它的政府可靠的手中 |
[23:49] | No, that’s…that’s the wrong phrase. | 不 那是错的措辞… |
[23:54] | I think I put the new stuff | 我想我把新东西 |
[23:55] | in Mike11A1, not Mike11A1A. | 放在了Mike11A1 而不是Mike11A1A |
[23:58] | But that could be the other way around. | 也可能是反过来 |
[24:00] | This version still has placeholders in it | 这个版本还有占位符在里面 |
[24:02] | and the next section just says “future whatever.” | 下一部分只有”未来随便吧” |
[24:04] | So today I don’t just want to talk about the present. | 所以今天我不想只谈现在 |
[24:08] | I want to talk about the future. | 我想说一说未来 |
[24:12] | Whatever we have in store… | 无论什么将会发生… |
[24:18] | cannot be known. | 我们都无法预知 |
[24:21] | But given time, it… it can be understood. | 但是随着时间… 我们会知道 |
[24:25] | The past was once the future. | 过去也曾是未来 |
[24:28] | The future is, I should say, unknown. | 我要说 未来是未知的 |
[24:31] | It is in fact unknowable. | 事实上 是不可知的 |
[24:33] | She’s bebop speaking. | 她在唱爵士一样即兴创作 |
[24:35] | So I’m asking you to meet me at the station | 所以我邀请你们与我在站台见 |
[24:39] | and join me as we board a train | 与我一起登上一列 |
[24:43] | bound for a place called the future. | 通往未来的列车 |
[24:46] | I detest jazz, but this is impressive. | 我讨厌爵士乐 但是这确实令人印象深刻 |
[24:48] | And we will be ready for that future whatever. | 而无论那个未来怎样 我们都已经准备好了 |
[24:57] | I’m almost crying. I didn’t know I could still almost do that. | 我快哭了 我都不知道我还能几乎能哭 |
[25:00] | But now… but now it’s time to roll past the future | 但是现在… 但现在是时候拉远未来 |
[25:05] | to move on and do so very, very quickly. | 非常非常快地继续前进 |
[25:09] | When we think of what is to come, we think of our children. | 当我们想到未来 我们想到孩子 |
[25:11] | Ha ha, superb! We’re back on track. | 哈哈 太棒了! 我们进入正轨了 |
[25:13] | And the rest of the speech is okay? | 演讲的剩下部分都没问题? |
[25:15] | – Yes. Absolutely. – Okay, thank you. | – 是的 绝对的 – 好的 谢谢 |
[25:16] | Uh… uh, no. | 呃…不是 |
[25:18] | And when we think of our children… | 而当我们想到我们的孩子… |
[25:20] | I think this version still has | 我想这个版本还包含 |
[25:22] | President Hughes’ old spending plan in it. | Hughes总统的老的增加开支计划 |
[25:24] | We will invest $60 billion dollors | 我们将要投资六百亿美元 |
[25:28] | in the new N620 submarine fleet. | 建设新的N620型潜艇 |
[25:32] | God damn it. | 该死 |
[25:34] | That’s a further $10 billion-dollor-investment | 对这个至关重要的现代化防御系统 |
[25:39] | in this vital and modern defense system. | 增加一百亿美元投资 |
[25:47] | Well, she just announced a dead guy’s plan. | 她刚宣布了一个死人的计划 |
[25:49] | He’s not fucking dead. | 他还没他妈的死呢 |
[25:51] | Do you think she noticed? | 你觉得她注意到了吗? |
[25:53] | I think so, Mike. | 我想是的 Mike |
[25:55] | What the hell was I reading? | 我他喵的读的是个什么鬼? |
[25:58] | You were supposed to take the submarine cuts out, | 你们应该把潜艇削减去掉 |
[26:00] | not spend an extra 10 billion on them. | 不是在它们身上多花一百亿 |
[26:03] | Now, give… Gary? | 现在 给我… Gary? |
[26:05] | Glasses. | 眼镜 |
[26:06] | Yep. | 好的 |
[26:12] | I mean, this speech | 我说 这个演讲 |
[26:15] | was supposed to perfectly define my presidency. | 本来应该完美地定义我的任期 |
[26:21] | Okay, you want to fix these? | 修一下好吗? |
[26:23] | Whole cities of children | 许多城市的孩子 |
[26:26] | were going to be saved from poverty. | 本来可以免于贫困 |
[26:28] | Instead now, that money | 现在不然 这些钱 |
[26:31] | is going to fund obsolete, | 将会用于建造过时的 |
[26:34] | metal, giant dildos. | 金属的 巨大的 假丁日 |
[26:41] | Do you have any idea what… | 你们知道不知道… |
[26:47] | You need to be far away from me. | 你们离我越远越好 |
[26:49] | Get out of my office. | 滚出我的办公室 |
[26:59] | Ma’am, I know you need to be alone right now. | 夫人 我知道您现在现在需要独处 |
[27:02] | It’s just that these sign-offs… | 只是这些签过的… |
[27:05] | I’m just… I’ll just leave ’em. | 我就… 我就放在这 |
[27:06] | – Yeah. – Yeah. | – 是的 – 好的 |
[27:10] | Sorry, ma’am, you said not to interrupt, | 抱歉 夫人 您说不想被打扰 |
[27:13] | but we have a campaign meeting scheduled for right now. | 但是我们有个安排在现在的竞选会议 |
[27:16] | – I know, Amy. – I’m descheduling as I exit. | – 我知道 Amy – 我出去取消 |
[27:21] | Madam President, I know you kicked me out, | 总统夫人 我知道您赶我出去 |
[27:23] | but we just droned the wrong guy’s truck in Yemen. | 但是我们的无人机刚刚在也门炸错人了 |
[27:26] | – Thank you, Ben. – Great. | – 谢谢你 Ben – 好的 |
[27:28] | Guess I’ll write a report. | 我去写个报告 |
[27:30] | – Hey, ma’am, I got your… – Get out! | – 夫人 我修好… – 滚出去! |
[27:31] | Yeah. | 是 |
[27:36] | Madam President. Sorry to interrupt. | 总统夫人 抱歉打扰 |
[27:38] | Just to let you know that two of the hikers are dead. | 想告诉您两个登山者被发现死亡 |
[27:41] | Could you please leave? | 请你离开好吗? |
[27:43] | Sorry, Madam President. | 对不起 总统夫人 |
[27:46] | Wait. What hikers? | 等等 什么登山者? |
[27:50] | What hikers?! | 什么登山者?! |
[27:51] | 联席会议(Joint Session)是美国国会众议院和参议院 共同出席的联合大会,一般在美国总统就职典礼及一年 一度的总统国情咨文演讲时召开. 本集Selina出席的联 席会议即国情咨文演讲. 国情咨文(State of the Union address)是美国总统 每年在美国国会联席会议上,在美国国会大厦中的众 议院大厅发表的报告.这项报告不仅仅包括国情分析, 总统照惯例会以乐观措辞概括中央政府去年 的成绩并发表来年的立法议程以及国家优先事项。 |