时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:22] | This is so amazing. It is. | 这太不可思议了 真的是 |
[00:26] | Hey, how are you? Do you work out? | 嗨 你怎么样? 你是健身了么? |
[00:28] | – You do. – Thank you. How are you? | – 你说对了 -谢谢 你怎么样? |
[00:30] | Are you two going to get married? | 你俩是要结婚了么? |
[00:32] | – Who? – She’s way out of my league. | – 和谁? – 她我可高攀不起 |
[00:34] | That’s the correct answer. | 你还真说对了 |
[00:36] | – We love you, Tom James. – Thank you. Love you, too. | – 我们爱你 Tom James -谢谢 我也爱你 |
[00:39] | I mean, within obviously acceptable | 我是说 在显然可以接受范围内的 |
[00:41] | propriety and so on. Hey, nice to meet you. | 适当的那种爱 嘿 很高兴见到你 |
[00:43] | President’s gonna love these headlines. | 总统肯定喜欢这些头条 |
[00:45] | “Dream Ticket.” | “梦幻组合” |
[00:47] | “Dynamic Duo.” | “活力二人组” |
[00:49] | “Tom James, Best POTUS We Never Had.” | “Tom James 我们有史以来最好的总统” |
[00:52] | Okay, please don’t show her that one. | 好吧 别给她看到这条 |
[00:54] | Pennsylvania, I wish we didn’t have to go. | 宾夕法尼亚 我真希望我们可以不用走 |
[00:57] | And how great is Tom James, right? | Tom James真是棒 对不对? |
[01:00] | We’ll see you guys soon. | 我们很快还会见面的 |
[01:01] | If I have any more of those funnel cakes, | 如果我再多吃一些油炸蛋糕 |
[01:04] | I won’t be able to fit through the bus door. | 我就不能正好地穿过大巴的门了 |
[01:07] | It’s true. Those funnel cakes are just great. | 这是真话 这些油炸蛋糕好极了 |
[01:10] | We’ll see you guys soon. Thank you. | 我们很快还会见面的 谢谢你们 |
[01:13] | You won’t be able to miss us. | 你们就逃不开我们了 |
[01:17] | It’s true because if… we’ll eat them and then we’ll get so fat. | 这是真话 因为如果… 我们再吃油炸蛋糕 那我们就会变得特别胖 |
[01:21] | So fat. Thank you. | 特别胖 谢谢 |
[01:24] | Thank you. No, don’t talk anymore. No. | 谢谢 别 别再说了 停 |
[01:30] | No, what I said was Amy Brookheimer had issues, not problems. | 不 我说的是 Amy Brookheimer有点事情 不是有问题 |
[01:35] | No, she got mad. She’s not mentally mad. | 不,她生气了 她不是气得精神失常了 |
[01:37] | Great crowds, right? | 多好的群众 对么? |
[01:39] | I mean, you are box office platinum, my friend. | 我是说 你真是票房保证啊 我的朋友 |
[01:42] | Madam President, I am here to serve. | 总统女士 我是来为你服务的 |
[01:44] | You are the sun, I the moon. | 你是太阳 我是木星的 |
[01:46] | Of Jupiter. Not even one of the good ones. | 卫星 甚至不是比较好的那几个 |
[01:48] | Get up. | 起来 |
[01:49] | “New York Times” Profile on Tom is just out. | 《纽约时报》关于Tom的人物专栏刚刚发布了 |
[01:52] | It’s great. Should be called the “New York Toms.” | 挺不错的 应该叫做”纽约Tom报” |
[01:55] | Let me see. | 让我看看 |
[01:57] | “Four years away has given James a firm grip on the real world. | “过去的四年 让James与现实世界紧紧相连 |
[02:01] | A lone wolf, he gets it done himself | 像一匹孤狼 独行世间 |
[02:03] | without yes-men and flunkies.” | 身边没有应声虫和马屁精 |
[02:06] | You know, a wolf is actually a pack animal. | 你们知道么 狼其实是群居的动物 |
[02:09] | I’m more of a lone squirrel. | 我觉得我更像一只孤独的松鼠 |
[02:11] | You both need to choose bicycles for the Bike For Health event. | 你俩都应该为参加 自行车健康项目 而选辆自行车 |
[02:16] | Mountain bike, road bike, whatever. | 山地车 公路车 随便什么 |
[02:18] | Fun fact… The Wright brothers | 趣味历史… 莱特兄弟 |
[02:21] | used their bicycle repair shop to make the first airplane. | 用他们的自行车维修店制造了第一架飞机 |
[02:24] | I knew that. | 我知道 |
[02:25] | – Yeah, Liam. Thanks for calling back. – Get up. | – 是 Liam 谢谢你回电话 – 起来 |
[02:28] | Fun fact… we’re running a campaign here, not a bake sale. | 有意思的事儿… 我们在参加竞选活动 又不是烤饼义卖 |
[02:31] | Exactly right. | 的确如此 |
[02:33] | Hey, what’s going on? | 嘿,发生什么了? |
[02:34] | There is sexual tension on this bus. | 这辆车上有异性间的紧张关系 |
[02:38] | From? | 从? |
[02:39] | Tom Tom. | |
[02:41] | Towards? | 到? |
[02:43] | – Me. – Right. | – 我 – 好吧 |
[02:45] | Did you get a load of that lone squirrel comment? | 你知不知道关于那个孤独的松鼠是怎么评论的? |
[02:47] | – Oh, my God. – Did you hear that? | – 噢 我的天 – 你听说了没? |
[02:48] | – And that means? – Exactly. | – 那就是说? – 就是这样 |
[02:50] | – Exactly. – And you saw the way he crossed his legs | – 没错 – 你看到我刚坐下来的时候 |
[02:52] | towards me as soon as I sat down? | 他双腿紧并朝着我了吧? |
[02:54] | – Totally. Totally. – Did you see that? God. | – 真的是 真的是 – 你看到了么? 天啊 |
[02:56] | See, the thing is, I never… | 看吧 事情是这样 我从来没有… |
[02:58] | – I never told you this, but… – Yeah, yeah, yeah? | – 我从来都没有告诉过你这些 但是… – 嗯嗯嗯? |
[03:01] | – I think it was about 12 years ago. – Uh-huh. | – 我想那大概是12年前 – 啊哈 |
[03:04] | – We almost… – Kissed? | – 我们几乎就… – 亲上了? |
[03:07] | – Fucked. – Okay. | – 操上了 – 好吧 |
[03:08] | – Ma’am, Ben’s on the phone. – Oh. | – 夫人 Ben来电了 – 哦 |
[03:10] | We got a storm brewing, ma’am. | 我们要遭遇大风暴了 夫人 |
[03:12] | Is it Israel or is it China? | 是以色列还是中国出问题了? |
[03:14] | No, it’s an actual hurricane. | 不是 是一场真正的飓风 |
[03:16] | And it’s about to take North Carolina from behind. | 而且它会从后方侵袭北卡罗莱纳州 |
[03:19] | I guess I have to get there after the hurricane’s passed, right? | 我猜 我是必须等飓风过去了才能去那儿 对么 |
[03:21] | Ma’am, we can track the storm from here. I have a weather app. | 夫人 我们可以在这里追踪风暴 我有一个天气应用软件 |
[03:24] | We have the full power of the National Weather Service, Mike. | 我们有全速运转的国家气象服务系统 Mike |
[03:26] | Sure, but this is a really good app. | 是 但是这个软件真的很好用 |
[03:28] | We’ll be in touch. | 我们会保持联系 |
[03:30] | Stay close to the Bat Phone. | 专线别离身 |
[03:31] | Mike, listen. | Mike 听着 |
[03:33] | I want you to get more op-ed pieces out there | 我需要你去放话给更多的评论文章 |
[03:36] | about how my choosing Tom was an act of real vision | 关于我选择Tom的真实用意 |
[03:39] | and real leadership, okay? | 和实际的领导关系 可以么? |
[03:41] | I’ve been pushing, ma’am, but they’re gaga over Tom James. | 我一直在努力做 夫人 但是他们都疯狂迷恋Tom James |
[03:44] | People love Tom, but I want to get credit for choosing him. | 人们喜欢汤姆 但是 我应该获得肯定 因为是我选了他 |
[03:48] | – Yes, ma’am. – Headline thought. | – 是的 夫人 – 头条思维 |
[03:49] | I want more headlines. | 我想要更多的头条 |
[03:51] | – Yes, ma’am. – Yes. | – 是的 夫人 – 好 |
[03:53] | – You want to see the storm? – No. | – 你想看看这场风暴么? – 不想 |
[03:57] | – Hey, Sue. – Sir. | – 嗨 Sue -先生 |
[04:00] | – Keeping busy? – Yes. | – 还在忙 – 是的 |
[04:04] | So quiet in here. | 这里好安静啊 |
[04:06] | It’s like a morgue full of dead librarians. | 就像是放满图书管理员尸体的太平间一样 |
[04:09] | I happen to like the quiet, sir. | 我恰好喜欢安静 先生 |
[04:11] | It allows me to get things done when I am busy like I am now. | 当我忙的时候它能让我好好做事情 就像我现在这样 |
[04:13] | Yeah, I miss everybody, even Kent. | 是哈 我挺想大家的 甚至也想Kent |
[04:19] | Well, great struggling to talk to you. | 好了 跟你说话真是费劲 |
[04:25] | Oh, God, this place has been dead | 哦 老天 这个地方真是死气沉沉 |
[04:27] | ever since Doyle left the ticket. | 自从Doyle走人以后 |
[04:29] | Doyle Amy Lee Karen Dan Doyle, Amy, Lee, Karen, Dan. | |
[04:32] | I mean, this place is leaking bodies faster than a Chinese ferry. | 我是说 这个地方走人的速度比一个中国的渡口都快 |
[04:36] | You know what? Just as I | 你知道么? 只要当我 |
[04:38] | was getting some responsibility, right… | 有了一定的职权 那么… |
[04:40] | – Hey, Jonah. – Hey. | – 嘿 Jonah – 嘿 |
[04:42] | – Teddy sends a message. – No, don’t you dare touch my balls. | – Teddy送来问候 – 别想 你特么敢碰我的蛋蛋试试 |
[04:45] | A joke’s not a joke | 一个笑话在人们 |
[04:46] | unless everyone can laugh at it. | 都没有笑之前并不是个笑话 |
[04:48] | This is what I have to look forward to… | 这就是我必须要预见的事儿… |
[04:49] | A bunch of fucking half-wit jokers trying to grab my balls. | 一大群傻逼的弱智小丑就想抓住我的蛋蛋 |
[04:54] | – Hello, sir. – How are the testies, Jonah? | – 你好 先生 – Jonah 你的睾丸还好吗? |
[04:57] | Uh, they’re fine, sir. Thank you. | 呃 它们很好 先生 谢谢你 |
[04:59] | We have the notes from the dairy tariffs meetings. | 我们有一些关于乳制品关税会议的笔记资料 |
[05:02] | Oh, yeah. | 哦 对 |
[05:02] | Put it in that pile over there with everything else. | 把它跟那些个文件都一起放在那边吧 |
[05:04] | I’ll set fire to it later. | 我一会儿会一把火烧掉的 |
[05:06] | I met a single mom the other day | 有一天我遇见一个单身母亲 |
[05:09] | holding down several jobs at the same time. | 同时身兼数职 |
[05:12] | Head of the National Security Council. | 国家安全委员会主席 |
[05:14] | Head of the Domestic Policy Council. | 国内政策委员会主席 |
[05:17] | Commander-in-Chief and President… | 总司令及总统… |
[05:20] | Just look at this guy. He is the new me. | 看看这个家伙 他就是一个全新的我 |
[05:23] | He’s super me. | 他是超级版的我 |
[05:24] | You’ve lived a very interesting life. | 你有着充满传奇色彩的一生 |
[05:27] | You should write your memoirs. | 你应该写一个回忆录 |
[05:28] | I was veep, they polled other candidates, | 我曾是副总统 他们投票给别的候选者 |
[05:30] | fucked me in my slack old ass. | 扇我这张松垮的老脸 |
[05:32] | – Sound like a best seller? – I’d read it. | – 听起来像不像个畅销书? – 我一定会拜读 |
[05:34] | But I’d read anything, though. I love to read. | 不过我什么都读 我喜欢阅读 |
[05:36] | You know, it’s… | 你知道 就像… |
[05:43] | Have you mentioned that moment to Tom yet? | 你已经跟Tom提过那个时候的感觉了吗? |
[05:46] | What? Are you… stop… | 什么? 你是说… 别说了… |
[05:47] | Okay, you’re just gonna do a short circuit. | 好了 你只需要小骑一圈 |
[05:49] | – Yes. – Right? And you may wave if you feel | – 好 – 懂了? 然后你得挥挥手 |
[05:52] | that you can keep control of the machine here. | 如果你能够掌控好你的那台机器 |
[05:54] | The machine? You mean the bike? | 机器?你是说自行车? |
[05:56] | – Right, the bike. Sorry. – Yeah, I can’t fall off, you know. | – 是的 自行车 不好意思 – 那必须的 我可不能摔跤 你知道的 |
[05:59] | I don’t want to break a tit. They weren’t cheap. | 我可不想摔坏我的乳房 它们可不便宜呐 |
[06:01] | Hi there. | 你好啊 |
[06:03] | – You all set? – Yes, I am. | – 一切就绪? – 是的 我准备好了 |
[06:05] | – Do you bike much, Tom? – Oh, God, no. | – Tom 你经常骑车吗? – 哦 上帝 不 |
[06:07] | – Hardly at all. – Me neither. | – 基本不骑 – 我也是呢 |
[06:09] | I did do the Tour of Italy 2008, | 我确实参加了2008年的环意自行车赛 |
[06:12] | but my mountain times were embarrassing. | 不过山上骑行那段实在是太尴尬了 |
[06:15] | – Over here, Senator. – Hey there. | – 在这儿呢 参议员 – 你们好 |
[06:17] | Madam President, would you say that Tom James is a star? | 总统夫人 你会说Tom James是一位明星吗? |
[06:20] | No, I would not say Tom James is a star. | 不 我不会说Tom James是一位明星 |
[06:22] | I would say he’s a superstar. | 我会说他是一位超级巨星 |
[06:24] | And I made a good pick. Don’t you think I did? | 而且我做出了明智之选 你是不是也这么认为? |
[06:27] | – Yes, you did. – Good. | – 是的 你选得好 – 很好 |
[06:29] | What do you think? Did I do a good job? | 你看怎么样? 我做的很好吧? |
[06:30] | – Is this a good choice that I made? – I… I… | – 这是不是一个明智之选? – 我…我… |
[06:35] | Your bike is a lot bigger than mine. | 你的车比我的大好多 |
[06:37] | I should be riding in a basket in the front like E.T. | 我应该像E.T.(美国电影)里一样 坐在自行车前的车筐里 |
[06:40] | You want to go ahead of me? | 你想骑在我前面吗? |
[06:41] | No, you just do whatever you want. | 不 你随意就好 |
[06:43] | Maybe I’m gonna come up. | 或许我会跟得上 |
[06:45] | God, this mirror doesn’t work at all. | 天 这个镜子不起作用啊 |
[06:47] | The only thing I can see is my eyeball. | 我能看见的就只有我的眼球而已 |
[06:50] | That’s a great image. Vital, dynamic. | 这场景真是美如画呀 充满活力 动感十足 |
[06:52] | Self-congratulations are in order. | 自我感觉良好 一切都有条不紊 |
[06:55] | Amy’s still pissed at me. | Amy还在生我的气 |
[06:56] | It’s ’cause I sent that press release out | 因为是我把话放出去 |
[06:58] | saying she resigned ’cause she’s unstable. | 说她辞职了是因为她精神不稳定 |
[07:00] | She is unstable. | 她确实精神不稳定 |
[07:02] | It was a big mistake to say it, though. | 不过 这么说出来就是你的不对了 |
[07:05] | Great. Another hate text from Amy. | 很好 又一条Amy的仇恨短信 |
[07:08] | “You looked sweaty on TV yesterday. | “你昨天在电视上看起来满身大汗 |
[07:09] | Are you going through the change?” | 你能完成这一转变么?” |
[07:11] | I wish I understood vendettas. | 我真希望我能明白积怨世仇是怎么回事儿 |
[07:14] | They’re so time-consuming. | 它们太费时间了 |
[07:17] | Welcome to the money-making machine. | 欢迎来到超级印钞机 |
[07:18] | Welcome to the money-making machine. | PKM 办公室 华盛顿特区 欢迎来到超级印钞机 |
[07:19] | Welcome to the money-making machine. | 欢迎来到超级印钞机 |
[07:19] | Want to see the room where we make all the money? | 想来看看我们赚钱的车间吗? |
[07:21] | Or all the other rooms where we also make money. | 或者其他也很赚钱的车间 |
[07:23] | See Mike’s statement implying that I was unstable? | 看见Mike隐射我精神不稳定的那条声明没? |
[07:25] | – Yeah, look… – They’re doing a pancake breakfast? | – 嗯 看见了… – 他们做了煎饼早餐? |
[07:28] | Hello, I suggested that a week ago | 有没有搞错 是我在一周以前提议的 |
[07:31] | and I was shot down like a hang glider over the Pentagon. | 而我却像是一架经过五角大楼被击落的滑翔机 |
[07:33] | Amy, I’m offering you an incredible opportunity here, okay? | Amy 留在这儿我会给你提供一个非常好的工作机会 好不好? |
[07:36] | So let’s cut out the whole “Keep her away from scissors” Thing. | 所以让我们彻底抛弃所有的”让她跟剪刀保持距离”这种事儿好么 |
[07:39] | – Okay. – Yeah? Ah, Sidney Purcell. | – 好 – 好了? 啊 Sidney Purcell |
[07:41] | I offer for your delectation one Miss Amy Brookheimer. | 我向你愉快地推荐一位女士 Amy Brookheimer |
[07:44] | Well, look at me. I have | 呀 看看我 |
[07:45] | more White House staff than the White House. | 比白宫的白宫工作人员还多 |
[07:47] | And a whiter building. | 还有一栋更白的建筑 |
[07:48] | Well, I hope that it’s a different vibe | 好啦 我希望气氛能有所不同 |
[07:50] | because I am putting all of that stuff behind me. | 因为我把那些事儿都抛在了身后了 |
[07:53] | – Great. We need someone… – Selina | – 很好 我们需要一些人… – 在我看来 |
[07:54] | Meyer is yesterday’s news as far as I’m concerned. | Selina Meyer已经是明日黄花 |
[07:56] | Good, because I have a big GMJ client I need tied up | 很好 因为我有一个需要套过来的GMJ大客户 |
[07:59] | and I think your West Wing access should bring him right in. | 而我认为你西翼的关系可以把他挖过来 |
[08:01] | Yeah, yeah, yeah. We can trap and truss him, right, Ames? | 是 是 是 我们可以坑骗拴绑过来那些客户 是吧 Ames? |
[08:03] | Yeah, if people want access to that backstabbing madhouse, | 是呀 如果人们想去那座背后捅刀的精神病院 |
[08:07] | then I think we’re the ones to get it for him. | 我想我们对他而言是得到大客户的唯一选择了 |
[08:09] | Maybe you can refer to it as the White House | 你也许可以称之为白宫 |
[08:11] | since some of our clients | 因为我们的一些客户 |
[08:12] | actually still like and respect that place. | 实际上仍然喜欢而且尊重那个地方 |
[08:13] | – Okay? – Yeah, all good. | – 好吗? – 好的 没问题 |
[08:15] | What’s he talking about? I said White House. | 他在说什么? 我说的就是白宫 |
[08:17] | Let’s get you a decaf. | 我们给你来一杯无咖啡因的咖啡 |
[08:18] | This is ridiculous. | 真是荒唐 |
[08:20] | My talents are being wasted here. | 我的才智在这里都浪费了 |
[08:21] | – I’m like Picasso and I’m stuck painting fences. – Yeah. | – 我就像毕加索 却被困于刷栏杆 – 是的 |
[08:24] | Senator Wilkie has been begging to see me. | Wilkie参议员求着见我 |
[08:26] | And lots of other people want meetings, too. | 还有其他很多人也想和我见面 |
[08:28] | VP Doyle’s a lame duck. | Doyle副总统就是个跛脚鸭(也指不中用的人) |
[08:29] | And you know what you do with lame animals? | 你知道对等死的动物要怎么做吗? |
[08:31] | – You care for them. – You shoot them dead. | – 悉心照顾 – 开枪打死 |
[08:32] | Oh, no, yeah, I got you. Kinder in the long run, actually. | 哦 是的 我明白了 实际上长久来看实际上更仁慈 |
[08:39] | Uh, Tom, can I ask you a question? | Tom 我能问你个问题吗? |
[08:43] | Sure. | 当然 |
[08:43] | It’s about a little moment in time. | 关于过去的一个小小时刻 |
[08:46] | Might need to narrow that down a little. | 可能得稍微缩小点范围 |
[08:48] | I know. | 我知道 |
[08:50] | Back in DC, you and me. | 在华府的时候 你和我 |
[08:53] | I think it was about 12 years ago. | 我想可能是12年前 |
[08:56] | Sure, I… yeah. | 当然 我… 是的 |
[08:58] | We used to hang out a lot during my first term. | 我第一任时 我们曾经经常呆在一起 |
[09:01] | It was that late night after the Sharpley debate. | 是Sharpley辩论之后的深夜 |
[09:05] | Oh. | 哦 |
[09:08] | – Yeah. – Yeah. | – 是的 – 是的 |
[09:09] | – Ah. Yeah, right. – Right. | – 啊 对 没错 – 没错 |
[09:14] | Yeah. Yeah. What… | 是的 是的 什么.. |
[09:16] | – We shared that cab. – We shared a cab. | – 我们在那辆出租车里 – 我们在一辆出租车里 |
[09:19] | – Right. – The night of the green shoes. | – 没错 – 绿鞋子的那晚 |
[09:21] | Oh, look at you, | 哦 看看你 |
[09:24] | remembering the shoes. | 还记得鞋子 |
[09:27] | They gave you blisters. | 它们把你的脚磨起泡了 |
[09:30] | Or was it… No, it was corns. | 还是… 不 是鸡眼 |
[09:33] | Or… | 或者… |
[09:35] | No, it wasn’t corns. | 不 不是鸡眼 |
[09:36] | Not co… I don’t get corns. | 不是鸡… 我没有鸡眼 |
[09:42] | Anyway, we got out of the cab at my house | 总之 我们在我家下车 |
[09:45] | and, um… | 然后… |
[09:48] | the cold got to us and then you decided… | 我们感觉冷 然后你决定… |
[09:52] | you wanted to walk home. | 你想走回家 |
[09:55] | Yeah, I love to walk at night. | 是的 我很喜欢在夜里散步 |
[09:59] | It’s the only time I can think straight, you know, | 这是唯一可以好好思考的时间 |
[10:01] | without the phones and screens pestering me. | 没有电话和屏幕纠缠 |
[10:10] | You okay, ma’am? You look a little flushed. | 你还好吗 女士? 你的脸有点红 |
[10:13] | I mentioned the moment in the car. | 我提到了车里的那个时刻 |
[10:14] | – And? – He had no idea what I was talking about. | – 然后呢? – 他完全不知道我在说什么 |
[10:17] | – No, you’re kidding me. – Yeah, | – 不是吧 开什么玩笑 – 是的 |
[10:18] | I don’t want to talk about this, okay? | 我不想讨论这个 好吗? |
[10:19] | – I’m so humiliated. – Okay, I understand. I understand. | – 太丢脸了 – 好的 我明白 我明白 |
[10:22] | – No, you don’t. – Yes, I do. | – 不 你不明白 – 我明白 |
[10:23] | No, you don’t, Gary. You’re a guy, okay? | 不 你不明白 Gary 你是个男人 好吗? |
[10:25] | You can’t have any idea what I’m talking about. | 你完全不知道我的意思 |
[10:27] | That’s right, I am a guy. And Tom’s a guy. | 是的 我是男人 Tom也是男人 |
[10:29] | You want me to talk to him like guy on guy? | 你想让我和谈谈吗 男人对男人? |
[10:30] | No! | 不要! |
[10:31] | You have to stop doing things for me all the time, all right? | 你不要一直什么事都为我做 好吗? |
[10:34] | Which reminds me, by the way, | 对了 这提醒我 |
[10:35] | I’m going commando at tomorrow’s pancake brunch. | 明天的煎饼早午餐我要毫不掩饰的本我出场 |
[10:38] | – What? No underwear? – What? | – 什么? 连内衣也不要? – 什么? |
[10:40] | No. Jesus Christ. Yeah, that’ll win me the election. | 不是 老天爷 对 那肯定能帮我赢得选举 |
[10:43] | A nice shot of my beav. | 一张我小妹妹的春光照 |
[10:45] | No, I want no prompting, okay? | 不 我不要提示 好吗? |
[10:47] | I’m going solo. No you, even. | 我要单干 连你都不带 |
[10:49] | That’s right, Jamie. Dan Egan is back. | 没错 Jamie Dan Egan回来了 |
[10:52] | Like denim and measles. | 就像牛仔裤和麻疹一样(2015年美国多处麻疹爆发) |
[10:54] | And, Lauren, you look beautiful. | Lauren 你看起来美极了 |
[10:56] | How do you keep that white wine so cold looking that hot? | 你如此热辣 手里的葡萄酒怎么还这么冷? |
[11:01] | Uh… | 嗯… |
[11:02] | Everybody. | 各位 |
[11:04] | So I just wanted to say thank you | 我只想说谢谢大家 |
[11:06] | for welcoming me back from exile. | 欢迎我流放归来 |
[11:09] | I can finally officially say | 我终于可以正式宣布 |
[11:10] | that Dan Egan has the all-clear. | Dan Egan解禁了 |
[11:12] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[11:15] | – Have fun. Enjoy the free bar. – Yay. Free bar. | – 玩的开心 好好享受免费的酒 – 耶 免费酒 |
[11:19] | Well, this is a soulless parade of vanity and ambition. | 这是个毫无灵魂的虚荣与野心的狂欢 |
[11:23] | Isn’t it great? Sliders are good, too. | 很棒吧? 汉堡也很好吃 |
[11:24] | – Oh, I didn’t see them. – Oh, | – 哦 我没看到 – 哦 |
[11:26] | so listen, I invited Nicola Mortlock. | 听着 我邀请了Nicola Mortlock |
[11:27] | – Didn’t you move in with her once? – For like a month. | – 你不是和她同居过? – 大概一个月 |
[11:30] | She didn’t like my untidiness or my other girlfriends. | 她不喜欢我的邋遢以及其他女朋友 |
[11:32] | Amy, I thought you might be in a straightjacket drooling on meds. | Amy 我还以为你穿着束缚服 对着药物流口水呢 |
[11:37] | I guess Mike McLintock was wrong. | 我猜Mike McLintock说错了 |
[11:39] | Yeah, is he ever right? | 对 他什么时候说对过? |
[11:40] | I hope your vagina falls off. | 希望你的小妹妹烂掉 |
[11:43] | Amy. Jesus, what the fuck? | Amy 老天 你他妈怎么回事? |
[11:46] | – What? – All right, how do I put this sensitively? | – 什么? – 好吧 怎么说的婉转一点呢? |
[11:48] | – Stop acting fucking nuts. – Yeah, I’m trying. | – 别他妈的跟个疯子一样 – 对 我在努力 |
[11:50] | All right, jeez. Look, | 好吧 老天 听着 |
[11:51] | the best way to get revenge on these people | 对这些人最好的报复就是 |
[11:53] | is to use them to make a shit load of money, all right? | 利用他们赚他妈的一大笔 好吗? |
[11:56] | – Mark Twain said that. – No, I hate DC | – Mark Twain说的 – 不 我恨华府 |
[11:59] | and it chews you up and it shits you out | 它把你生吞活剥 再把你拉出来 |
[12:01] | and then you are left with nothing | 然后你就一无所有了 |
[12:03] | but the night sweats and flashbacks. | 只剩下冷汗和痛苦的回忆 |
[12:04] | Oh, come on, you love DC. | 得了吧 你爱华府 |
[12:07] | Find a way to just sort of release it. | 找个方式释放一下吧 |
[12:09] | Jesus Christ! | 我的个老天爷! |
[12:10] | Amy, stop it! | Amy 快停下! |
[12:13] | – Stop screaming. – That feels really good. | -别叫了 -这样感觉真的很好 |
[12:16] | I don’t care. | 我不管 |
[12:18] | Hey! | 喂 |
[12:20] | – This man bothering you? – She’s fine. | -这个男人在骚扰你吗? -她没事 |
[12:21] | – I swear, I… – You need to stop speaking. | -我发誓 我… -你闭嘴 |
[12:23] | – I asked the lady. – Yep, yep, yep. | -我在问这位小姐 -好的 好的 |
[12:25] | It’s all good, Officer. | 没什么问题 警官 |
[12:26] | – Maybe you don’t yell out like that. – Mm-hmm. Yes. | -那就别那样大叫 -嗯 好的 |
[12:29] | – Makes people nervous. – Yes, sir. | -把别人弄得很紧张 -是的 警官 |
[12:31] | Thank you. Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[12:32] | For this and for your broader service. | 谢谢你管这件事 谢谢你管得这么宽 |
[12:37] | – I really feel better. – All right, you need to calm down. | -我真的感觉好多了 -好了 你得冷静下来 |
[12:40] | Go to a spa, take a Pilates class. | 去做做水疗 练练普拉提 |
[12:43] | Go to a fucking church, find someone there | 或去教堂找个人 |
[12:44] | that has some Valium and take four of them. | 让他给你一点安定 然后吃上四粒 |
[12:49] | – Hello. – Oh, pleased to meet you. | -你好 -哦 很高兴见到你 |
[12:50] | – Ruth Forrester. – Pleasure. Jonah Ryan. | -Ruth Forrester -我也是 Jonah Ryan |
[12:53] | This is my personal assistant Richard Splett. | 这是我的个人助理Richard Splett |
[12:54] | – Splett? – Splett. | -Splett吗? -是Splett |
[12:56] | – Uh, Splett. – Please have a seat. | -嗯 Splett -请坐 |
[12:58] | Oh, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[13:01] | Uh, will the senator be joining us? | 呃 参议员会过来吗? |
[13:03] | Mr. Ryan, we asked you here today | Ryan先生 我们今天请你过来 |
[13:05] | with regard to a Mr. Theodore Sykes. | 是为了Theodore Sykes的事 |
[13:09] | Uh, Teddy. | 呃 你说Teddy吗 |
[13:10] | We’re bringing a class action against him | 我们决定对他进行集体诉讼 |
[13:12] | and we’d like you to testify. | 我多么希望你能出庭作证 |
[13:14] | We’ve all been the victims | 我们都曾经是 |
[13:16] | of Teddy’s inappropriate sexual behavior. | Teddy性骚扰的受害者 |
[13:18] | Am I the only man that he… | 我是唯一的男…… |
[13:21] | – As far as we know. – Okay, all right. | -目前来说是的 -好吧 |
[13:23] | Well, obviously there has been some sort of mistake here | 很显然 此事有些误会 |
[13:26] | because what happened between Teddy and I | 因为Teddy和我之间发生的事 |
[13:27] | was not consensual, obviously. | 显然不是我自愿的 |
[13:30] | There was the ball… The cupping… | 他用手握…抓… |
[13:32] | The grabbing or the… The clutching. | 或者说是攥…我的蛋蛋 |
[13:35] | There is no shame here, Jonah. Let it out. | 在这儿没有什么和羞愧的 Jonah 尽情倾诉吧 |
[13:37] | Oh, I understand there’s no shame | 确实没必要羞愧 |
[13:38] | because it was locker room tomfoolery and nothing more. | 因为这仅仅是更衣室里无聊的举动而已 |
[13:41] | You’re saying you weren’t assaulted? | 你是说你没有被侵犯吗? |
[13:43] | Sir, you don’t have to answer that. | 先生 你可以不回答这个问题 |
[13:44] | – Oh, is this man your attorney? – No. | -哦 这个人是你的律师吗? -不是 |
[13:46] | – Not technically. – Let’s go, right now. | -严格来说不是的 -我们走 现在就走 |
[13:48] | Teddy can’t hurt you now. | Teddy现在无法再伤害你了 |
[13:50] | I’m not worried about Teddy. I’m worried about you. | 我不是在担心Teddy 我是在担心你们 |
[13:54] | Jesus fucking Christ. You all look like me. | 我的老天爷啊 你们看起来都跟我一样受 |
[13:58] | This is a nightmare. | 这真是个噩梦 |
[14:00] | It’s a fucking nightmare. | 真他妈是个噩梦 |
[14:06] | And just so we’re clear, | 有件事我想问清楚 |
[14:08] | at no point was this a job interview? | 这真的不是一次面试吗? |
[14:10] | – No. – Okay. Okay. Clear, | -不是 -好吧 好吧 明白了 |
[14:15] | Well, that was unexpected. | 这可是出乎意料啊 |
[14:16] | Yeah, I feel like I got felt up again, but this time by the law. | 是啊 我感觉像是又被人侵犯了 只不过这次是被法律侵犯 |
[14:20] | Just tell me what I’m doing. | 告诉我要做什么 |
[14:22] | Well, you’re dealing with the emotional fallout of… | 你得处理这次情感上的负面影响… |
[14:24] | – Today, Richard. – Oh, yeah. | -我是说今天的日程 Richard -哦 好吧 |
[14:25] | Well, you have a 4:30 meeting with Congressman Skellern. | 你在4点30分和Skellern议员有一个会 |
[14:28] | Okay, that’s in Georgetown, right? So we should Uber? | 好的 是在乔治城吧? 那我们用滴滴打车? |
[14:30] | Oh, yeah, no. Uber, that makes the most sense, sir. | 哦 对啊 用滴滴 那样最好了 先生 |
[14:34] | Richard, I don’t look like a middle-aged woman, do I? | Richard 我看起来不像一个中年妇女吧? |
[14:39] | No, sir. | 不像 先生 |
[14:41] | Well, you do have that one purple shirt | 不过 你的那件紫色衬衫确实 |
[14:43] | that looks a bit blousy, but… | 看着有点像女式的 不过 |
[14:46] | – Oh, we got Donald coming in three minutes. – Great. | -哦 司机Donald三分钟后到达 -很好 |
[14:54] | Okay, that’s Congressman Hausman. | 好的 这个是Hausman议员 |
[14:56] | I’ve got him. So who’s next? | 我记住了 下一个是谁? |
[14:58] | This is Congressman Cheever. | 这个是Cheever议员 |
[14:59] | – Do you remember anything about him? – Yeah. | -还记得他吗? -记得 |
[15:01] | He’s got that big left ear | 他的左耳朵很大 |
[15:03] | and he has a small majority | 以微弱优势的票数当选 |
[15:05] | and he needs funding for infrastructure? | 而且他还需要基础设施建设的资金? |
[15:07] | Okay, really good. It’s just | 好的 很好 只不过 |
[15:09] | it’s his right ear that’s freakishly large. | 是他的右耳朵超级大 |
[15:11] | – No, his right, my left. – Aha, got it. Okay. | -不 对他来说是右 对我来说是左 -啊 明白 |
[15:14] | Ma’am, this is the pancake brunch setup. | 女士 这是本次薄饼早午餐的布局 |
[15:17] | – General holding area here. – Yeah. | -综合等候区在这 -嗯 |
[15:20] | Juices and coffees. Hot plates and griddles. | 果汁和咖啡 加热板和煎锅 |
[15:23] | Okay, the minute you see bubbles, you flip. | 一旦煎饼上出现气泡 你就翻面 |
[15:25] | No, you flip when you see holes. | 不对 出现小孔的时候才翻面 |
[15:27] | Bubbles is too soon. | 气泡太早了 |
[15:29] | Holes, not bubbles. | 小孔 不是气泡 |
[15:30] | Okay, I flip at bubbles, but… | 好吧 我是在出现气泡的时候翻面的… |
[15:32] | Fun fact… there are three kinds of syrup. | 有趣的是… 那边有三种糖浆 |
[15:35] | Boysenberry, maple, and buttermilk. | 草莓味 枫蜜味 还有乳酪 |
[15:37] | Buttermilk is not a syrup. | 酪乳不是糖浆 |
[15:40] | Okay, ma’am, what if you said this? | 女士 这样说好不好? |
[15:41] | – Yeah? – Who’s achin’ for some bacon? | -什么? -谁想吃培根馋得嘴疼? |
[15:44] | No. Okay, I can’t prep anymore, all right? | 不 算了 我不想再准备了 好吗? |
[15:47] | – Really? – I might vomit on Mike. | -真的吗? -我可能会吐到Mike身上 |
[15:49] | This bus is giving me motion sickness. | 我坐在这大巴上晕车 |
[15:52] | Okay, let me get you a scopolamine patch. | 那好 我来给你弄些莨菪碱贴片 |
[15:54] | Fun fact… scopolamine was first used as a truth serum | 有趣的事实…. 莨菪碱第一次被使用是被捷克斯洛伐克 |
[15:58] | by the Czechoslovakian state police. | 的州警察当作麻醉药 |
[16:01] | How is that fun? | 这怎么有趣了? |
[16:06] | -Mel? -Tom. – Mel? – Tom. | |
[16:07] | Did you lose a lot of weight | 你是变瘦了 |
[16:08] | or did you get six inches taller? | 还是长了15厘米? |
[16:10] | I think you look great. Great height and weight. | 我觉得你看起来好极了 身高和体重很搭 |
[16:12] | – Madam President. – Yes. Oh! | -总统女士 -是我 哦! |
[16:15] | I know you. Yes, I know you, sir. | 我认识你 没错 我是认识你的 |
[16:18] | – Um… – Congressman Hausman. | -额…-Hausman议员 |
[16:21] | And we met before. | 我们之前见过的 |
[16:23] | No, ma’am, I have never had the honor. | 不 夫人 我之前从未有此荣幸见过您 |
[16:24] | – Okay. – This is my wife Beatrice. | – 好吧 -这是我妻子Beatrice |
[16:27] | – Hello. How good to meet you. – Hello. | -你好 很高兴认识你 -你好 |
[16:30] | – And I love your brooch. – Thank you. | -我喜欢你的胸针 -谢谢 |
[16:32] | It’s a honeybee. Bee for Beatrice. | 这是蜂蜜(即honeybee) Beatrice的Bee |
[16:35] | Fun fact about the honeybee. | 关于蜂蜜的趣实 |
[16:38] | Do you know how much honey | 你知道一只蜜蜂一生 |
[16:40] | a honeybee produces in its lifetime? | 能生产多少蜂蜜么? |
[16:43] | – I do not. – Well… | – 不知道 -好吧 |
[16:46] | it’s either surprisingly little | 不是惊人的少 |
[16:49] | or surprisingly a lot. | 就是惊人的多 |
[16:53] | Chatting, nodding. This is classic mingling. | 交谈 点头 这就是传统的交际礼仪 |
[16:55] | Yeah, but it’s funeral mingling. | 是 但那是葬礼的交际礼仪 |
[16:57] | Nobody’s laughing. | 没人会笑 |
[16:59] | She must not be using all the jokes I gave her. | 她不应该讲我教给她的那些笑话 |
[17:05] | This is it? You just lie here? | 就这样吗? 躺在这里? |
[17:08] | Yeah. Unwind. | 是的 放松 |
[17:12] | Defocus. | 发呆 |
[17:15] | Did I tell you I slept in? | 我跟你说过我曾经睡过头么? |
[17:17] | – Wow. – Mm-hmm. | -哇 -没错 |
[17:20] | Actually, I got up early, but then I just stayed in bed | 事实上 我起的很早 但接着我就一直呆在床上 |
[17:22] | looking at Politico. | 在手机上看政客们的信息 |
[17:24] | That site has turned to shit. | 那个站点已经不行了 |
[17:26] | But anyway… | 但无论如何… |
[17:28] | Oh, is that Paula Thorpe? | 哦 那是Paula Thorpe吗? |
[17:30] | – Did you lift your cucumber? – Yeah. | -你拿起你的黄瓜片了? -是的 |
[17:32] | – Who’s Paula Thorpe? – The chief of staff for Jensen. | -谁是Paula Thorpe ? -Jensen的参谋长 |
[17:35] | Fascinating. You are here to relax. | 棒极了 你是来这儿放松的 |
[17:38] | Please stop talking about work. | 请别再谈工作了 |
[17:40] | Yeah, I know. | 是啊 我知道 |
[17:42] | It’s so great. | 这真是太舒服了 |
[17:47] | Wow, this music is so irritating. | 哇 这音乐真恼人 |
[17:48] | Jesus, only you could be irritated by gamma waves and a whale. | 天哪 只有你会被伽马波和温顺的鲸鱼惹恼 |
[17:52] | This is just a Swiss suicide clinic with a hint of jojoba. | 这只是个抠门的 只提供一丢丢荷荷巴油的瑞士安乐死诊所 |
[17:58] | Dan, mm-hmm, I did the whole spa thing and it worked. | Dan 我做了水疗 很管用 |
[18:01] | – I have been here, like… – Seven minutes. | -我在这儿呆了 差不多… -七分钟 |
[18:03] | Seven minutes. Yeah, it’s plenty. | 七分钟 是的 足够了 |
[18:05] | Okay, so I’m going to see you at the office. | 好 那我们就在你办公室见 |
[18:06] | You won’t remember, Senator, | 参议员 你可能已经忘了 |
[18:08] | but my father drove you when you first ran for office. | 但是你第一次竞选时是我父亲开车送你去的 |
[18:11] | – You’re George Meredith’s boy? – Yeah. | -你是George Meredith的儿子 ? -是的 |
[18:13] | How’s he doing? Is he still brewing his own beer? | 他近来怎样? 还在酿他的啤酒? |
[18:15] | Yes, sir. Still doesn’t taste any better. | 是的 先生 他酿酒的水平和以前一样 |
[18:19] | Can I get a short stack made without cow’s milk? | 我可以要几份没放牛奶的煎饼么? |
[18:21] | Are you serious? You don’t want milk or…? | 你没开玩笑吧? 你不想要牛奶还是…? |
[18:24] | No, it makes me gassy. | 不要 摄入牛奶会让我胀气 |
[18:26] | Which, when you have a bag instead of a bowel, is not good. | 我的肠子可能胀得像手袋那么大 这可不太好 |
[18:29] | Bernie. How’s the gut, my friend? | Bernie 肠胃怎么样 我的朋友? |
[18:32] | Tolerable. Thanks for remembering. | 还可以忍受 谢谢你还记得 |
[18:35] | I made some batter with soy milk just for you. | 我专门用豆奶为你准备了些面糊 |
[18:38] | Let me whip you up some pancakes. | 我来给你做些煎饼 |
[18:40] | Wow. | 哇 |
[18:41] | There we go. | 好啦 |
[18:43] | Who’s, uh… who’s achin’ for some bacon? | 谁 额… 谁想吃培根馋得嘴疼? |
[18:47] | Got a very strong relationship with Senator Lambert. | 和Lambert参议员关系很好 |
[18:50] | Sure, and nobody wants to ruin a good relationship. | 当然 没人想毁掉一段好的关系 |
[18:52] | No, and Lambert kind of knows Roger Furlong, | 确实 Lambert好像认识Roger Furlong |
[18:54] | who takes regular meetings with VP Doyle, | 他经常和前副总统Doyle一起参加例会 |
[18:56] | who theoretically has access to POTUS. | 理论上Doyle是能联系到美国总统的 |
[18:58] | – That’s the chain. – Look, | -这就是关系链 -看 |
[18:59] | you want a chain? Here’s the chain, okay? | 你想要关系链么? 这就是了 好吧? |
[19:01] | – Me… – Me, the President of the United States. | -我…- 我 美利坚合众国的总统 |
[19:04] | I have the trust of POTUS | 美国总统和她团队的 |
[19:06] | and all of the senior members of her team. | 所有高级成员都信任我 |
[19:08] | Just… | 等下… |
[19:12] | Hey, Amy. | 嘿 Amy |
[19:13] | Yeah, good to hear from you. Yeah, Sue just won’t do. | 是 很高兴接到你电话 对 Sue就是不情愿 |
[19:16] | – Ben Cafferty. – Sometimes I think she’s actually dead. | – Ben Cafferty -有时我会觉得她已经不在人世 |
[19:19] | So did you hear about the hurricane? | 你听说了飓风的消息么? |
[19:21] | Oh, Ben, I’m sorry, I think I dialed by mistake. | Ben 不好意思 我好像打错了 |
[19:24] | Hello? | 嗨? |
[19:26] | So, Paul, do we have your business? | Paul 我们是否能合作? |
[19:28] | Be a lot cheaper for me to steal your phone, but… | 对我来说 偷你的电话成本更低一些 不过嘛… |
[19:31] | yeah, you do. | 好吧 我们合作吧 |
[19:33] | – Excellent. – You do, absolutely. | -棒极了 -完全可以合作 |
[19:34] | – Okay, good. – Hey, welcome aboard. | – 好的 – 欢迎加入 |
[19:35] | – You’re not going to regret this. – Thanks so much. | – 你不会后悔的 – 非常感谢 |
[19:37] | – All right. – Very excited. | – 好了 – 我很高兴 |
[19:40] | Bye. | 再见 |
[19:42] | Oh, boy, that was fucking amazing. | 哦 伙计 刚刚真是太特么精彩了 |
[19:44] | – Thank you very much. – Great work, Amy. | – 非常感谢- 干的好 Amy |
[19:46] | You have my utmost admiration. | 我简直膜拜你 |
[19:48] | – Thank you. – Yeah, she’s also got your client list. | -谢谢 -是的 她拿到了你的客户源 |
[19:50] | – Wait, what do you mean? – Don’t worry about it. | -等等 你什么意思? -别担心 |
[19:52] | She’s not taking all your clients, just a couple. | 不是所有的客户源 就几个而已 |
[19:54] | You know, Fycorps, Killick & Company, Hemmings. | 你知道 Fycorps Killick & Company Hemmings |
[19:58] | No, no, no. That’s my holy trinity. | 不 不 不 这是我的三位一体 |
[20:00] | Those are my biggies. Without those, all I got is my smallies. | 这些是我的大亨 没有这些 我只剩下小亨 |
[20:04] | Well, spoils of war, handsome. | 哇 战利品 厉害呀 |
[20:05] | You want top clients, be more like Amy. Or better. | 你想要高级客户 多向Amy学习学习 或者超越她 |
[20:08] | You want to go ahead and give her my parking space | 你现在是要把我的停车位 |
[20:10] | and my desk while you’re at it? | 我的办公桌给她吗? |
[20:12] | Now, listen, Dan, I don’t want to be unreasonable. | 现在 听着 Dan 我不想如此不讲理 |
[20:15] | Amy, do you want his parking space and desk? | Amy 你想要他得停车位和办公桌吗? |
[20:17] | Yes, please. | 当然要 |
[20:18] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗? |
[20:19] | – No. – What’s wrong? | -不 -怎么了? |
[20:21] | He’s this pancake genius | 他是煎饼天才 |
[20:23] | and I got lost in some sort of a bee anecdote. | 而我却迷失在了一些蜂蜜轶事中 |
[20:26] | You listen to me. You are Beyoncè. | 听我说 你就是碧昂丝 |
[20:29] | – He is backup bootie. – Ma’am. | -他是备胎小野鸡 -夫人 |
[20:31] | – Yeah? – It’s Ben. | -怎么? -是Ben的电话 |
[20:35] | – Hey, what’s going on? – The storm’s happening. | -嘿 发生什么事儿了? -风暴来临了 |
[20:37] | Ma’am, you’ve got to get back to DC faster than a speeding drunk. | 夫人 你最好尽快赶回华府 比醉酒超速驾驶要快才行 |
[20:40] | Is North Carolina about to be blown off the map? | 北卡罗来纳州要从版本图上吹跑了? |
[20:43] | Yeah, six hours till flying cow time. | 是的 六小时后可以看见奶牛在天上飞 |
[20:45] | This is a potential tragedy that could be great for you. | 这是一个潜在的悲剧 但对你来说是个好机会 |
[20:48] | Okay. | 好的 |
[20:50] | And now the weather. | 现在的天气啊 |
[20:51] | Thank you. I feel very… | 谢谢 我感到非常… |
[20:54] | Okay, we’ll drop Tom back off in DC, right? | 好了 我们扔下Tom返回华府 是吧? |
[20:57] | This is it. Hurricane’s definitely going to hit. | 就这样 飓风肯定会来袭 |
[21:00] | Everyone’s gonna be coming back from the campaign | 每个人都会从竞选回来 |
[21:02] | and this joint will be jumping again. | 这个地方会再次热闹欢腾起来 |
[21:04] | You are really excited about that, aren’t you, Ben? | 你可真是兴奋呐 不是吗 Ben? |
[21:06] | Hell, yes. I mean, no offense meant, Sue, | 那是 必然的嘛 我是说 没有冒犯之意 Sue |
[21:09] | but when it’s just you and me, it’s like it’s just me. | 只剩下我和你的时候 我感觉世界里只有我 |
[21:14] | Okay, it’s looking bad. | 好吧 看起来情况很糟 |
[21:15] | Both the National Weather Service | 不论是国家气象局 |
[21:17] | and my app are saying this. | 还是我的手机应用都这么说 |
[21:19] | Right, so we’ll go to DC, we’ll wait for the storm to pass, | 好 我们去华府 我们等待飓风过后 |
[21:21] | and then we’ll head to North Carolina. | 就出发去北卡罗来纳州 |
[21:23] | Or go there right now before it hits. | 或者在飓风来袭之前到达那儿 |
[21:26] | That’s crazy. | 疯了吧你 |
[21:29] | Soon as the hurricane has passed, | 只要飓风一过 |
[21:30] | you’re right there with the people in their hour of need. | 你就正好在当地民众需要你的时刻出现了 |
[21:32] | He’s crazy. | 他疯了 |
[21:34] | – I love that. – Do you? | -我喜欢这提议 -你呐? |
[21:36] | That’s the way you master a disaster. | 这就是你主宰灾难的方式 |
[21:39] | Hey, ma’am, I’ve got some issues here. | 嘿 夫人 我有些问题 |
[21:40] | It’s a hurricane, and that’s, like, killer wind. | 这可是飓风 就像是 夺命风暴 |
[21:44] | Okay, we’re turning this plane around, | 好 我们改变航线 |
[21:46] | we’re heading to North Carolina. | 直接朝北卡罗来纳州进发 |
[21:50] | A state of emergency in my state | 我们州若是处于紧急预警状态 |
[21:53] | would shut down travel, cost millions. | 我们会关闭所有航班行程 损失上百万 |
[21:56] | Can we wait a few hours? | 能等几个小时吗? |
[21:58] | Well, we don’t have a few hours. | 抱歉 我们可没有几个小时来等 |
[22:00] | Is that Senator James? | 那是James参议员吗? |
[22:03] | – Hi. – Hi, Cecile. | -嗨 -嗨 Cecile |
[22:04] | Either they have the contrast turned up to max | 是他们把视频对比度调到最大了 |
[22:07] | or you are looking fine. | 还是说你的气色本来就这么棒 |
[22:09] | Oh. | 哦 |
[22:10] | – Should we…? – Oh, yes, of course. | -我们要不…? -哦 对 当然 |
[22:12] | Governor, I’m sure you’ll understand, | 州长 我肯定你能理解 |
[22:14] | we have some issues of national security | 我们有些关于国家安全的问题 |
[22:16] | that have to be discussed. | 需要讨论一下下 |
[22:18] | I have had it | 我本来要谈妥了 |
[22:21] | with her category five fucking snoot. | 但一看见她那五官分家的脸 |
[22:24] | And… she definitely can’t hear us? | 我就…她肯定听不见我们说话是吧? |
[22:27] | – No. – Maybe she can lip-read. | -听不见 -或许她会读唇语 |
[22:33] | Okay, um… | 好吧 呃… |
[22:35] | let’s just swivel the chairs. | 我们把椅子转一个角度吧 |
[22:41] | Jesus Christ. | 老天爷噜 |
[22:43] | – She know that we can hear that? – My guess would be no. | -她知道我们听得见不是吗? -我觉得她并不知道 |
[22:45] | – I got a text from Ben. – What did he say? | -我收到Ben的一条短信 -他说什么? |
[22:48] | – What did he say? – He says he can’t hear anything. | -他说什么? -他说他啥都听不见 |
[22:52] | Just text him back. | 给他回复 |
[22:54] | See, I think it would be unfair | 看见没 如果封锁航班开始实施 |
[22:56] | on Senator O’Brien and his running mate | 对于参议员O’Brien和他的竞选伙伴而言 |
[22:59] | if there were a travel lockdown | 这个肯定是不公平的 |
[23:00] | because they would be stranded in Florida. | 因为他们会被困在弗罗里达 |
[23:03] | They would not be able to visit the disaster site like we could. | 他们不像我们一样可以亲赴灾害现场慰问 |
[23:06] | Just throwing that into the barbecue sauce. | 就让他们随烧烤酱汁而去吧 |
[23:10] | Right. | 好的 |
[23:14] | It doesn’t work. The chair… | 坏了 这椅子… |
[23:19] | Governor, it pains me to say this. | 州长 我很遗憾告诉您 |
[23:21] | I think we’re gonna have to ground flights | 我们会在你的机场降落 |
[23:24] | despite your opinion on this matter. | 尽管你反对我们这么做 |
[23:27] | Cecile, if a state of emergency were requested, | Cecile 如果你能够发出紧急预警的话 |
[23:31] | that could be sweetened by a light dusting of federal funds. | 我想一份来自联邦资金的绵薄之力可以成为你们的甘露 |
[23:35] | Okay, I’ve decided to request a state of emergency. | 好的 我决定发表声明处于紧急预备状态 |
[23:39] | Thank you, Governor. | 谢谢你 州长 |
[23:43] | How about that? | 咋样啊? |
[23:45] | – Look at that. Put it here. – Seemed to work. | -看看呀 放一万个心啊 -看起来奏效了 |
[23:48] | – You know what you are? – What? | -你知道你是什么吗? -什么? |
[23:49] | A great choice that I made. | 我的明智之选 |
[23:52] | Okay, let’s go storm-chasing, you shitkickers. | 好吧 让我们去追逐风暴吧 小婊砸 |
[24:00] | This isn’t a hurricane. What the hell is this? | 这不是飓风 那到底特么是什么? |
[24:03] | My app says moderate breeze. | 我的应用上说是和风 |
[24:05] | These trees are still standing. | 这些树都没有倒下 |
[24:07] | I don’t want to look at standing trees. | 我不想看到这些屹立不倒的树 |
[24:09] | – I mean, where is my storm? – It veered south. | – 我想说 我的风暴去哪儿了? – 它转向去南边了 |
[24:12] | – How? – Barometric pressure. | – 怎么会这样? – 气压原因 |
[24:13] | How about that app of yours, Mike? | Mike你那个应用怎么搞得? |
[24:15] | You better get your money back on that one. | 你最好把你花在那上面的钱讨回来 |
[24:18] | It was actually free. | 它其实免费的 |
[24:19] | I updated my software and it just appeared on my screen. | 我更新了软件之后它就出现在我的屏幕上了 |
[24:22] | And I was like, “What is this thing?” And I just picked it up. | 然后我就 “这是个啥” 接着我就用了 |
[24:25] | Where’s the storm heading now? | 所以这个风暴现在在往哪儿走? |
[24:27] | – Florida. – Florida. | – 佛罗里达州 – 佛罗里达州 |
[24:28] | So O’Brien and Montez | 所以O’Brien和Montez |
[24:31] | are gonna get the storm photos? Is that what you’re saying? | 会去拍摄风暴照片? 你是这个意思么? |
[24:34] | This was definitely a good idea when I pitched it. | 当时我提出的时候这还绝对是个好主意 |
[24:36] | Well, I grounded flights | 好吧 我延迟了一堆航班 |
[24:38] | and I diverted federal funds to the wrong state. | 而且还把政府救助金送去了别的州 |
[24:42] | I don’t remember you pitching that as a possibility, Tom. | 我怎么不记得你当时提到这个可能性呢 Tom |
[24:45] | Sometimes you have to gamble. | 有时候你需要赌一把运气 |
[24:46] | Unfortunately, our horse did not win. | 不幸的是 我们的马没有赢 |
[24:48] | No, it certainly didn’t. | 对啊 肯定没赢 |
[24:50] | It fell at the first fence and it got shot. | 它跨第一个栏的时候就绊倒了然后被一枪毙了 |
[24:52] | And now some French fucker’s got it in a baguette. | 然后现在一群法国渣渣把它塞进法式长棍了 |
[24:55] | Don’t you gamble with this campaign | 你以后别给我拿竞选 |
[24:57] | and this presidency, okay, Tom? | 和我的总统位置赌运气 好吗 Tom? |
[24:59] | – Too much too soon. I apologize. – Right. Mm-hmm. | – 我做错的太多 说话太不过脑子了 我道歉 -对 嗯哼 |
[25:04] | – Mr. Ryan. – Yeah? | – Ryan先生 – 干什么? |
[25:05] | Louise Benjamin from Cabinet Affairs is here for your meeting. | 来自内阁事务的Louise Benjamin到了 想和您见面 |
[25:09] | What? Oh, yeah. | 啥? 哦对 |
[25:12] | – Yeah, yeah, yeah. – Okay. | – 对对 对 对 -好的 |
[25:16] | – Hello. – Hi. Is this a joke? | – 你好 – 嘿 这是个笑话么? |
[25:18] | – I’m sorry? – Honestly, why are you here? | – 什么? – 说实话 你为啥会在这儿啊? |
[25:21] | I’m collating agency responses… | 我在核对机构的回应… |
[25:23] | – How tall are you? – What? | – 你多高? – 什么? |
[25:25] | I am sorry, ma’am. | 抱歉 女士 |
[25:26] | A number of tall women were molested | 很多高个子女人都被骚扰了 |
[25:29] | and Mr. Ryan was one of them. | 然后Ryan先生也是其中之一 |
[25:31] | Okay, and this is a campaigning visit? | 好吧 这是一次竞选访问么? |
[25:33] | Yes, you’re here as a candidate, not president. | 是的 你在这里的身份是候选人 而不是总统 |
[25:34] | Okay, and what do they do here? | 好吧 那这些人在这儿干啥的 |
[25:36] | Embossed and dentil moulding. | 浇筑建筑装饰 |
[25:38] | – Uh-huh. Huh? – No idea. | – 哦噢 啥? – 我也不知道 |
[25:40] | Ma’am, we’ve also set up a tour of an egg plant. | 女士 我们还组织了一个制蛋工厂(茄子)的访问 |
[25:42] | I mean a plant that packs eggs, not the big vegetable. | 我指包装鸡蛋的一个工厂 不是那个大型的植物 |
[25:45] | – Oh, I see. – Thanks for clarifying. | – 哦 我明白了 – 感谢解释 |
[25:47] | – You’re welcome. – Hello. | – 不用谢 – 你好 |
[25:49] | – Madam President. – Yes. | – 总统夫人 – 是 |
[25:50] | – Welcome. – Oh, thank you. | – 欢迎 – 哦 谢谢你 |
[25:52] | We were hoping to give you a tour of the plant, | 我们本来希望带你去看看工厂 |
[25:55] | but we sustained some damage in the storm and it’s not safe. | 但是我们工厂在风暴中受到了一些破坏 |
[25:58] | Oh! Oh, well… | 哦! 哦 那么… |
[26:01] | we’re gonna want to see that, Kent, right away. | 我们也会想去看看的 Kent 咱们走 |
[26:04] | Apologies, et cetera. Back in the car. | 抱歉 还有其他什么的 回车里去 |
[26:06] | This is presidential. Can’t look like campaigning. | 这是总统访问 不能看起来像竞选 |
[26:08] | 全国代表大会之后,总统竞选活动 便正式拉开帷幕。这一过程一般要 持续8至9周。在此期间,两党总统 候选人将耗费巨资,穿梭于全国各 地,进行广告大战、发表竞选演说、 会见选民、召开记者招待会以及进 行公开辩论。此外,候选人还将通 过多种形式阐述对国内外事务的政 策主张,以赢得选民信任,争取选 票。 | |
[26:11] | Nick Nick. | |
[26:13] | Nope, I’m gonna be hiding in the back of a car. | 没 我正准备躲到车后面去 |
[26:16] | I know. Biography just writes itself. | 我知道 传记都会自成章节 |
[26:19] | Let’s get a look. | 我们来看看 |
[26:21] | Well, this roof sustained some damage. | 嗯 这个屋顶受到了一些破坏 |
[26:23] | Oh. Uh-huh. | 哦 嗯哼 |
[26:26] | This isn’t damage. | 这才不叫破坏 |
[26:28] | – Just some shitty building. – Mm-hmm. | – 就是些豆腐渣建筑而已 – 嗯哼 |
[26:30] | Oh, God. | 哦 天啊 |
[26:32] | O’Brien just pulled a teddy bear out of the ruins of a house. | O’Brien刚刚从一个房子废墟里拽出一只泰迪熊 |
[26:36] | Okay, complete 180. | 好 180度大逆转 |
[26:39] | This is a campaign visit. Go get Tom now. | 这是个竞选访问 把Tom弄过来 |
[26:43] | – Ahem! – Want to give me some sunscreen? | – 啊咳! – 你想给我点防晒霜么? |
[26:45] | – Yeah. – It’s pretty bright out. | – 是啊 – 这外面这么晒 |
[26:47] | It is so bright out. | 外面真是晒 |
[26:48] | – Right? – Yes, ma’am. | – 对吧? – 对 夫人 |
[26:52] | It’s a campaign visit again. | 现在这又是一个竞选访问了 |
[26:54] | Hey. You see? | 嘿 你知道没? |
[26:56] | It’s a different ball game on a presidential level. | 总统级别的活动又是另外一回事了 |
[26:58] | Charm only gets you so far. | 迷人气质也就帮你到这儿了 |
[27:00] | You’re right, ma’am. There’s a lot more to… | 你是对的 夫人 还有很多其他的… |
[27:02] | – We love you, Tom! – To it than that. | – 我们爱你! Tom! – 因素在里面 |
[27:04] | – Mm-hmm. How are you? – I’m good. | – 嗯哼 你怎么样? – 我很好 |
[27:06] | – Hey. Tom James. – Patrick Murray. | – 嘿 Tom James – Patrick Murray |
[27:09] | What do you do here, Patrick? | 你在这儿的工作是什么 Patrick? |
[27:10] | I basically cut hard dentil mouldings. | 我基本上是修建房子的边角装饰 |
[27:12] | You’re the guy I’ve been looking for. | 你就是那种我一直想找的人 |
[27:14] | I’ve worked here 17 years, ma’am. | 我已经在这里工作17年了 夫人 |
[27:16] | Oh, thank you. | 噢 感谢你 |
[27:17] | Are you able to emboss harder species of wood? | 你能在那些硬质木头上雕刻花纹么? |
[27:20] | Yeah, we emboss hard maple right here. | 是的 我们在这里雕刻枫木 |
[27:22] | Can you combine that? | 你能把它合起来么? |
[27:23] | – The emboss and the dentil moulding? – Yes, sir, you can. | – 这些雕刻和边角装饰? – 是的 先生 我们可以 |
[27:28] | Sue around? | Sue在么? |
[27:35] | Whew. Thanks. | 呼 谢了 |
[27:36] | – It’s too ornate, right? – Exactly. | – 那这是太华丽了 不是么? – 的确 |
[27:39] | You don’t want to do it. I know I don’t. | 你不会想做这玩意的 我知道我不会 |
[27:40] | Hey, I’m gonna have to cut you off. | 嘿 我得打断你了 |
[27:42] | – He’s a chatterbox, isn’t he? – Yes, he is. | – 他简直是一个聊天机器 不是吗? – 是的 他的确是 |
[27:43] | – Come on, let’s go. – Take care. Tom James. | – 来吧 咱们走 – 照顾好自己 Tom James |
[27:46] | You don’t have to say hi to them. | 你不用跟他们再打招呼了 |
[27:47] | We’ve already said hi to these folks. Come on. | 我们已经和他们打过招呼了 快走 |