时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:11] | East Coast polls are closing, ma’am. | 东海岸投票马上就要结束了 夫人 |
[00:17] | Ma’am… | 夫人 |
[00:18] | History is calling, and it won’t go to voicemail. | 历史正在召唤您 您得亲自应答 |
[00:28] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[00:30] | You okay, ma’am? | 你还好吗 夫人? |
[00:31] | Oh, I’d love one, Gary. Thank you. | 我想喝点东西 Gary 谢谢 |
[00:34] | Okay, I’ll get… I’ll get you one. | 好吧 我 我去给您拿来 |
[00:37] | Well, I’ve asked America if she wants me to be her president. | 我询问美国是否愿意让我当她的总统 |
[00:43] | Now she’s gonna give us her answer. | 现在她该给我们一个答案了 |
[00:45] | America doesn’t just love you, ma’am, | 夫人 美国不仅仅爱着你 |
[00:48] | she is in love with you. | 她只为你钟情 |
[00:50] | We’ve lost Kentucky! | 我们失去了肯塔基州的支持! |
[01:06] | So I assume you reached out to the O’Brien camp. | 那么 我想你已经接触过O’Brien的团队了 |
[01:09] | Taking a meeting with Charlotte or with Kim? | 你和谁谈过 Charlotte还是Kim? |
[01:11] | No, I haven’t contacted the O’Brien team. | 不 我没联系过他们 |
[01:14] | Amy, if he wins, our lobbying | Amy 如果他赢了 我们的行情就会像 |
[01:15] | stock is gonna droop like a chimp’s tits. | 黑猩猩的咪咪下垂的一样厉害 |
[01:17] | We’re not gonna be the golden kids anymore. | 我们就不再是炙手可热的干将了 |
[01:19] | We’ve got to stay on his radar. | 我们要让他留意到我们的价值 |
[01:20] | But we need to be in with her, too. | 但我们也得跟随她啊 |
[01:22] | – She might win. – Yeah. | – 她也有可能获胜 – 是啊 |
[01:23] | Well, on air I’m gonna keep in with her. | 明面上 我会跟她站在同一战线 |
[01:25] | Off air I’m telling the Nazis that she’s hiding in the attic. | 下了节目 我就会把她给卖了 |
[01:28] | – Hey. – Hey. | – 嗨 – 嗨 |
[01:29] | – Hi. – Hey, so… | – 嗨 – 嗨 那么… |
[01:30] | we have Sally Davenport with us, of course. | 当然 我们请到了Sally Davenport |
[01:32] | We’ve also got Matty Curtis. | 还有Matty Curtis |
[01:34] | – Wow. – Love that guy. | – 哇 – 爱死那个家伙了 |
[01:35] | The online statistics savant. | 那个网上的数据统计专家 |
[01:37] | Yeah, in the midterms, | 是啊 在中期选举时 |
[01:38] | he predicted the margin in every Senate seat. | 每个参议院席位的胜率他都预测到了 |
[01:41] | So, suck it, Fox. | 受死吧 福克斯(福克斯台有自己的数据统计,一向偏共和党) |
[01:44] | So we doing this or what? | 我们现在是要开始还是怎样? |
[01:46] | Hey, well, thank God you’re here. | 谢天谢地你来啦 |
[01:48] | No one else here knows how tonight will go. Have fun. | 没人知道今晚局势会如何 玩得开心 |
[01:50] | – Yeah, we’ll see you out there. – Okay. | – 期待看到你的表现 – 好的 |
[01:52] | So, closest election in living memory. | 这是我印象里竞争最激烈的一次选举了 |
[01:54] | – Yeah. – Hope you guys are prepared. | – 对啊 – 希望你们做好准备了 |
[01:56] | – We will do our best. – Well, we’re gonna need better than that. | – 我们会做到最好 – 我希望你们能做的比最好还要好 |
[01:58] | – Okay. – I’m kidding. I’m just kidding. | – 没问题 – 开个玩笑 开个玩笑罢了 |
[02:00] | But you better be good. | 但你们最好能表现好 |
[02:03] | Sorry, guys, we need this area to be clear. | 不好意思 我们要清场了 |
[02:05] | Hey, wait, it’s the testicle man. | 等下 你是那个蛋蛋兄 |
[02:07] | Guilty as charged. Check ’em, don’t neglect ’em. | 罪名成立 仔细核实 请勿忽视 |
[02:10] | This whole scrotum situation is really working out for you, sir. | 那个蛋蛋事件对你来说确实帮了大忙啊 先生 |
[02:12] | That hearing was terrible, | 那个听证会简直糟透了 |
[02:13] | but it really got my face out there, you know? | 但我确实因此红了 你知道吗? |
[02:15] | You’re the face of workplace bullying and genital health. | 你现在是办公室受欺凌方和生殖健康的代表 |
[02:20] | Look at this. Mike wants me up in the presidential suite | 看看这个 Mike让我去总统套间 |
[02:22] | to get a one-on-one thank-you from the president. | 他说总统想当面 单独感谢我 |
[02:25] | – How do I look? – Great. | – 我看起来怎么样? – 很棒 |
[02:26] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[02:27] | Oh, no, no, no. One-on-one. | 不 不 不 不 是单独哦 |
[02:29] | Oh, yeah, okay. | 哦 对 好吧 |
[02:31] | Oh, man, election nights are my cocaine. | 老天 选举之夜简直让我上瘾 |
[02:33] | It used to be election nights and cocaine were my cocaine, but… | 曾经选举之夜和可卡因都让我上瘾 但是… |
[02:36] | If Fox says it’s close, then it must be. | 如果Fox台说票数很接近 那就一定是这样 |
[02:38] | – Then again, they said the Rapture was close. – Anything yet? | – 还有 他们说庆祝时刻也即将到来 – 有消息了吗? |
[02:41] | Indiana and South Carolina, they just called for O’Brien. | 印第安纳州和南卡罗莱纳支持O’Brien(共20票) |
[02:43] | Uh, Vermont and Connecticut, yep, they’re for us. | 佛蒙特州和康涅狄克州支持我们(共10票) |
[02:47] | Yeah, Vermont! Yeah, Connecticut! | 耶 佛蒙特州! 耶 康涅狄克州! |
[02:49] | Okay, settle down. A bowl of hair could win those states. | 好了 淡定 这两个州算个毛 |
[02:52] | – Ma’am, you have a moment for Jonah? – Oh, Jonah. Oh, yeah. | – 夫人 您有时间见Jonah吗? – 对 Jonah 有的 |
[02:55] | I want to thank you for your work on men’s health | 我对你在男性健康上的贡献以及 开诚布公的 |
[02:57] | and talking about that bullying that you had to endure. | 讲述你在工作中所忍受的欺凌 表示衷心的感谢 |
[03:01] | Thank you, ma’am. It was my honor… | 谢谢你 夫人 这是我的荣幸 |
[03:02] | You know what? I need to thank Vermont. | 知道吗? 我还要感谢佛蒙特州 |
[03:03] | Yeah, that’s it, Jonah. It’s been a busy night. | 就到这吧 Jonah 今夜是个忙碌之夜 |
[03:05] | What was that? I got, like, four seconds. | 这算什么? 她只腾出大概四秒钟的时间给我 |
[03:06] | Well, most people get just two. | 其他人只有两秒钟呢 别逼逼了 |
[03:08] | Projections for Wisconsin, ma’am. | 威斯康星州投票结果的预测 夫人 |
[03:09] | – Great. – I haven’t read them yet. | – 很好 – 我还没有看过 |
[03:10] | I’m saving that for when I go to prison. | 我会留着这些 等进了监狱再读 |
[03:12] | Even money they give you the chair. | 50%几率上电椅 |
[03:13] | No one came out of the hearings unscathed, Bill. | 没有人安然无恙的从听证会出来 Bill |
[03:15] | I had to ditch my fiancé. | 我不得不背弃我的未婚夫 |
[03:17] | I’ll be thinking about that while I’m with whichever guy | 当我和我的监狱未婚夫在一起的时候 |
[03:19] | – makes me his prison fiancé. – Ew. | – 我会想起你的话的 – 恶 |
[03:21] | Oh, Gary, I asked a friend to come and be with me tonight. | Gary 我今晚邀请了一个朋友过来陪着我 |
[03:24] | – How nice. – Yeah, Karen. | – 多好啊 – 是Karen |
[03:26] | – Fuck! – What? | – 卧槽! – 什么 |
[03:27] | Cramp. | 抽筋了 |
[03:29] | Senator O’Brien has 33 electoral votes based on our projection. | 根据我们的预测 O’Brien有33张选举人票 |
[03:32] | President Meyer has 10. Is this significant, Dan? | Meyer总统有10张 你觉得是否胜负已分 Dan? |
[03:35] | Oh, I think it’s far, far too early to tell at this point. | 我觉得现在下结论还为时尚早 |
[03:38] | – I mean the election really… – Very significant. | – 我是说大选真的是… – 非常明显了 |
[03:40] | Uncertainty in battleground states is bleeding into other areas. | 摇摆州选票的不确定性已经渗入到其他地区 |
[03:43] | It’s the suburbs that are gonna decide this contest. | 人数较少的众州将会左右此次竞选结果 |
[03:45] | Well, Amy, Dan, who do you feel will win tonight? | Amy Dan 在你们看来 谁将在今晚的竞选中获胜? |
[03:48] | – It’s so close. – So close. | – 都有可能 – 都有可能 |
[03:49] | It’s a tough call to make at this point. | 此时此刻真说不出来 |
[03:51] | Mm-hmm, and not just for us, Greg, but for America. | 不仅我们如此 对全美民众而言也是如此 |
[03:54] | That was transcendent bullshitting. | 真是鬼斧神工的胡说八道 |
[03:56] | Well, I’ll tell you one thing, | 好吧 我这么跟你说吧 |
[03:57] | if I do lose, I’m gonna lose like a winner. | 就算我真的输了 我也会输的像赢家一样精彩 |
[03:59] | – You’re not gonna lose, okay? – Right. Right. | – 你不会输的 好吗? – 没错 没错 |
[04:01] | You’re gonna win in a slide. | 你会赢得一帆风顺 |
[04:03] | You know, marginally. | 虽然 顺的有点艰难 |
[04:07] | Oh, my God, look who’s here! | 哇哦 看看谁来了! |
[04:09] | – Hi, it’s Karen. – It’s Karen. | – 嗨 是Karen哦 – 是Karen |
[04:12] | – Hi. – Hi. | – 嗨 – 嗨 |
[04:14] | – Everybody, Karen. – Oh, hi, Tom. | – 大家看 Karen来了 – 噢 嗨 Tom |
[04:17] | Karen. Yeah, we met at the convention. | 我是Karen 对 我们在会上见过 |
[04:19] | Okay. | 不理我 好吧 |
[04:21] | Tell me how you’re doing. | 告诉我最近过的怎样 |
[04:22] | Well, I’m trying to stay positive. | 呃 我尝试着保持乐观 |
[04:24] | We lost Oklahoma. | 俄克拉荷马州”失陷”了 |
[04:26] | Which we were expected to, so… | 本来我们很有把握的 所以… |
[04:27] | It’s only seven votes. | 不过只有七票罢了 |
[04:29] | – Ah! These damn hotel carpets. | – 啊! 该死的毛毯 |
[04:31] | I keep getting that static electric shock. | 一直给我打静电 |
[04:33] | – You need one of those | – 你需要一个 |
[04:34] | ionic bracelets that grounds you. – Good call. | 离子手镯把静电导走 – 好主意 |
[04:37] | It’s the prison toilet situation which preys on one’s mind. | 我一直都想不透怎么在监狱上厕所 |
[04:40] | Defecating in full view of another man is unthinkable. | 在别人的密切注视下大便 难以想象 |
[04:44] | Forgive me, Bill, but I don’t wish to ever discuss this. | 抱歉 Bill 但我一点也不想讨论这个话题 |
[04:47] | Yeah, Bill, put a cork in it, will you? | 没错 Bill 那塞子塞上吧 行吗? |
[04:49] | You know, that actually may help. | 其实 说不定有用呢 |
[04:51] | Hey, listen, how much did you pay your lawyers? | 嘿 问你件事 你付了多少钱给你的律师? |
[04:54] | Because I lawyered up for the hearings | 因为我找了律师参加听证会 |
[04:56] | and they charged me 15 grand | 结果他们居然收了我15000美元 |
[04:58] | and they only said words, you know? | 他们只不过是说了几个词而已 是吧? |
[05:00] | Shh! There’s a call coming. | 嘘! 有电话来了 |
[05:02] | He’s like a Native American tracker. | 他就像个印第安追踪者 |
[05:04] | He can hear it in the wind. | 能听风预警 |
[05:05] | Senator O’Brien is the predicted victor | 预计参议员O’Brien会赢得 |
[05:07] | – in the great state of Minnesota. – Oh, fuck! | – 明尼苏达州的投票(10票) – 啊 操! |
[05:10] | – I thought that was ours. – I thought we had it. | – 我以为那州会是我们的 – 我以为已经是我们的了 |
[05:13] | – I wasn’t entirely sure. – Ma’am. | – 我不确定 – 夫人 |
[05:15] | – Shit. – Excuse me for one second. | – 靠 – 耽搁您几分钟 |
[05:18] | I’m not saying we will, because we won’t, | 我不是说我们会 因为我们不会 |
[05:19] | but if we do lose and you’re an outgoing president, you could… | 但是万一真的我们输了 而你就要卸任了 你能… |
[05:23] | – I could pardon you? – Yes. | -我会赦免你? – 嗯 |
[05:24] | That wouldn’t look good. You’d be the first person to say that. | 如果真那样可不太好 你会是第一个这么说的人 |
[05:27] | I’m not entirely sure I would in this circumstance. | 我不确定在这种情况下我会是第一个 |
[05:31] | – If there’s any way… – Hey, Bill, I got a lot on the line | – 如果有什么方法… -嘿 Bill 还有很多电话等着 |
[05:34] | with my presidency right now, | 我这个现任总统去处理 |
[05:36] | so I don’t really have time to | 所以我真的没有时间 |
[05:37] | be thinking about your whatever the fuck it is. | 来考虑你说的那些狗屁东西 |
[05:39] | – Probable imprisonment. – Exactly. | – 可能到来的牢狱之灾 – 没错 |
[05:41] | – Thank you, ma’am. – You’re welcome. | – 谢谢您 夫人 – 不用谢 |
[05:42] | What will you do if O’Brien wins? | 如果是O’Brien赢了你会怎么办? |
[05:46] | Set up an office with Selina at the Betty Ford Clinic? | 和Selina一起办公室搬到贝蒂福特戒断康复中心? |
[05:48] | No, I’ve applied for a job outside. | 不 我会另谋差事的 |
[05:51] | Politics bores me. | 政治把我烦的不轻 |
[05:52] | It bores the living hell out of me. | 可以说是烦了个彻彻底底明明白白真真切切 |
[05:55] | God, it’s boring. | 天啊 真是烦得很 |
[05:58] | Amy looks off her game, distracted. | Amy不在状态 走神了 |
[06:01] | I only really know Amy as the woman who rushed everywhere | Amy给我唯一的印象就是东奔西跑 |
[06:04] | clutching her phone like it contained her frozen embryos. | 紧攥着电话 不知道的还以为攥着的是她的冷冻胚胎呢 |
[06:06] | She’s a workaholic. | 她是个工作狂 |
[06:08] | Works frantically to avoid dealing with her weird mix | 拼命工作 来掩饰她 |
[06:11] | of lack of self-worth and narcissism. | 缺乏自尊而又自恋的扭曲心理 |
[06:13] | I really like her. | 我很喜欢她 |
[06:17] | Uh, ma’am, I don’t mean to be the bearer of bad news, but… | 呃 夫人 我真心不想一出现就带来坏消息 但是… |
[06:19] | Called Wisconsin. Projected as an O’Brien win. | 威斯康星州来电 预计是O’Brien赢了 |
[06:22] | That was the bad news, which in the end I didn’t bear. | 就是这个坏消息 终归不是我带来的了 |
[06:25] | Well, this is certainly something not many people saw coming. | 呃 这肯定出乎很多人的预料 |
[06:28] | For me, it’s the domino that signals an O’Brien victory tonight. | 在我看来 这就是多米诺骨牌效应 暗示着O’Brien今晚的胜利 |
[06:31] | This is a big, big win for O’Brien, | 对O’Brien来说这真是很大的 压倒性的胜利 |
[06:35] | and I think the Meyer team is gonna be feeling that. | 我想Meyer团队也会感受到的 |
[06:38] | The bigness. | 压倒性胜利 |
[06:39] | Mm-hmm. | 嗯 |
[06:41] | Amy, is the race already slipping away from your former boss? | Amy这说明你的前上司已露败象了么? |
[06:44] | No. No. | 不 不 |
[06:46] | Um, a lot of the polls have not closed yet. | 呃 还有很多投票没有结束 |
[06:51] | So, no. No, you know, it’s no. | 所以 不 不 你懂的 我不这么认为 |
[06:54] | I think O’Brien’s gonna win this election. | 我觉得O’Brien会赢得选举 |
[06:58] | O’Brien can’t be president. | O’Brien不可能成为总统的 |
[06:59] | He’s still contracted to be the KFC logo. | 他还得按合约继续当肯德基的商标呢 |
[07:02] | – Eh… – You’re gonna win this, ma’am. | – 呃… – 你会赢的 夫人 |
[07:04] | – I don’t know. – You are. | – 我不知道 – 你会的 |
[07:05] | – You think you would have won? – What do you mean? | – 你觉得你会赢吗? – 什么意思? |
[07:08] | If you had been the candidate, you think you would have won? | 如果你是候选人 你觉得你会赢吗? |
[07:10] | – ‘Cause that’s the speculation, you know. | – 那不过是投机的想法罢了 你知道的 |
[07:13] | What do you think, Karen? | 你觉得呢 Karen? |
[07:14] | About something specific, or…? | 关于某件具体的事情 还是…? |
[07:17] | Should the president and I have swapped roles? | 我和总统是否应该交换身份? |
[07:20] | – For? – For the election. | – 什么情景? – 选举 |
[07:23] | This election. There’s an election going on. | 这次选举 正在进行的这次选举 |
[07:25] | Oh, well, you’re asking me a hypothetical question | 噢 呃 你问我的是假设的问题 |
[07:29] | and I need to answer it as best I can. | 我得好好的回答 |
[07:31] | Okay, well, you just did. | 好吧 你刚刚已经做到了 |
[07:34] | Great. | 太棒了 |
[07:36] | Amy, I saw your instability on TV. | Amy 我刚刚看到你在电视上情绪不太稳定 |
[07:40] | Call me when you get this. | 收到后给我回电话 |
[07:41] | Get someone else to dial if you’re in a straightjacket. | 如果你不方便的话就让别人替你打号 |
[07:45] | Hey, I’m sending some of our data to O’Brien. | 嘿 我在给O’Brien发一些我们这边的数据 |
[07:47] | If he wins this thing, I need to kiss his ass. | 如果他赢了 我得去给他舔菊 |
[07:49] | Mm-hmm. I’m going. I have to go. | 是啊 我闪了 我得离开 |
[07:50] | What? No, you can’t do that. | 什么? 你不能走 |
[07:52] | Yeah, no, I have to see this play out with Selina. | 我得陪着Selina等结果出来 |
[07:53] | I’ve spent a third of my life leading up to this night, so… | 我人生三分之一的时间都在为今晚做准备 所以 |
[07:56] | Amy… Amy… | |
[07:59] | Greg, I have to go. | Greg 我得走了 |
[08:02] | – You have to go? – Yeah. | – 你得走了? – 是的 |
[08:03] | What does that mean? This is not summer camp. | 这是什么意思? 这又不是夏令营 任你来去 |
[08:05] | Well, I just feel that I’m needed elsewhere. | 我只是觉得另外一个地方更需要我 |
[08:07] | Oh, well, then please go. | 哦 好啊 那就请离开吧 |
[08:10] | Some of our viewers were | 反正一些观众 |
[08:11] | complaining that you’re shrill anyway, so… | 在抱怨你的声音太刺耳… |
[08:13] | Oh, shrill? No, no, I’m never shrill. | 哦 刺耳? 不 不 我的声音从不刺耳 |
[08:15] | And that’s… Oh! | 那就是… 哦! |
[08:17] | And you’re acting as though I’m sounding shrill right now? | 你搞得像我的声音现在就很刺耳一样 |
[08:19] | Yeah, yeah, keep making that face implying that I’m shrill. | 好啊 继续保持暗示我声音很刺耳的表情吧 |
[08:22] | Hey, could someone check the parking lot? | 喂 谁能去停车场看看 |
[08:23] | I think all the alarms are going off. | 我觉着所有的车子都在叫 |
[08:25] | Sorry for your loss, ma’am. | 很遗憾你失去了他 |
[08:27] | I mean about Wisconsin, not a person. | 我是指威斯康辛 不是指人 |
[08:28] | Ow! Fuck! | 嗷! 操! |
[08:31] | I forgot. I have incompatible shoes with the rug. | 我忘了 我的鞋子和地毯气场不和(静电) |
[08:33] | – God. – I’m so sorry. | – 天啊 – 对不起 |
[08:34] | We don’t have a lot of good news for President Meyer. | 关于Meyer总统 我们没多少好消息 |
[08:36] | Screw this whole sloppy, | 去他妈的 这一晚就是 |
[08:38] | backseat blowjob of a night anyway. I don’t give a shit. | 乱七八糟的后座吹箫之夜 老娘不管了 |
[08:42] | – Hang on. – Hang on what? | – 等等 – 怎么了? |
[08:44] | The Wisconsin call has been rescinded. | 威斯康辛的结果被撤回了 |
[08:45] | You mean they went back on the call? | 你是说又回到待定状态了? |
[08:47] | Yes, hence my saying that they had. | 是的 所以我说他们撤回了结果 |
[08:49] | Rescinded is actually not a word that’s immediately clear. | 撤回这个词其实不能让人马上理解 |
[08:52] | – This is a 360-degree turn. – It’s 180. | – 这简直是360度大逆转啊 – 是180度 |
[08:55] | Rescinded is my new favorite word! | 撤回现在是我最喜欢的词! |
[08:59] | We are back in the game. Back from the dead. | 我们又有戏唱了 死后复生 |
[09:01] | Zombies, bottom of the ninth. | 僵尸们 决胜局开始了 |
[09:03] | Ma’am, listen to this. | 夫人 听着 |
[09:04] | Fox just called Colorado for you. | 福克斯台宣布科罗拉多是你的了(9票) |
[09:07] | – No! – Oh, my God! | – 不是吧 – 哦 天啊 |
[09:11] | Stand back, Meyer is on fire. | 都往后退 Meyer已经势不可挡了 |
[09:14] | Look, look. Mom, CNN has it, too. | 快看 妈妈 CNN也宣布了 |
[09:17] | It appears that Matty’s domino is standing up straight again. | 看起来Matty的多明诺骨牌又站回原位了 |
[09:20] | Obviously this is a shock | 很显然这非常出人意料 |
[09:21] | – and needs some unpacking. – Mm-hmm. | – 需要仔细分析 – 是啊 |
[09:23] | Oh, yeah, you better unpack it. | 哦 是啊 你是得好好分析分析 |
[09:25] | “Let’s see if we can unpack this now.” | “来看看现在我们能不能分析这东西” |
[09:26] | “Oh, I’ve got pubic hair on my head.” | “哦 我头上长了阴毛” |
[09:31] | The models are only as good as the data that you put into them | 模型的准确性取决于你输入的数据 |
[09:33] | and the data comes from the polling companies. | 而数据来自民意调查公司 |
[09:34] | So maybe we should talk to them about what went wrong. | 所以也许我们应该问问他们什么地方出问题了 |
[09:36] | – Your website is shit. – Honest to God. Shit. | – 你的网站就是一坨屎 – 真心是屎啊 |
[09:39] | – It’s shit. – Go back to the Shire, | – 就是屎 – 快回你的夏尔去吧 |
[09:41] | – you fucking moonfaced hobbit. – Yeah. | – 你个圆脸的霍比特人 – 是啊 |
[09:44] | You know, ma’am, can we talk privately? | 夫人 我们能单独聊聊吗? |
[09:47] | Oh, sure, yeah. | 哦 当然 好啊 |
[09:50] | I’d like to think that I have been | 我觉得我对这次竞选 |
[09:53] | – some use to the campaign. – You’ve been great. | – 起到了一些作用 – 你做的很棒 |
[09:55] | I mean, you know, everyone’s like, | 我是说 所有人都说 |
[09:56] | “Oh, Tom James. Ooh, it’s Tom James. | “哦 Tom James 哦 那是Tom James |
[09:59] | He’s so dreamy. Sign my tits, Tom James.” | 他是我男神 在我的胸上签名吧 Tom James” |
[10:05] | Um, but anyway, so… But you were saying? | 呃 那么 你是想说? |
[10:09] | Madam President, | 总统女士 |
[10:10] | I don’t want to be impotent. | 我不想手中无权 |
[10:13] | I… I don’t really… | 我 我不是… |
[10:15] | – In your administration. – Oh, right! | – 在你领导的政府里 我不想手中无权 – 哦 对啊! |
[10:18] | I have had this very conversation. | 我以前和你一样 有过这样的谈话 |
[10:21] | You want to be first in, last out of cabinet meetings. | 你想第一个进入内阁会议 最后一个走 |
[10:24] | – You want… – No, I want to be treasury secretary. | – 你想… – 不 我想做财政部长 |
[10:28] | – What? – As well as veep. | – 什么? – 同时兼任副总统 |
[10:30] | You want to run my economy? | 你想要我的财政大权? |
[10:33] | Bank of Tom James. | Tom James银行 |
[10:35] | – I am bitterly disappointed… – With respect… | – 我真的是极为失望… – 恕我直言… |
[10:38] | – that you… – With respect, | – 你… – 恕我直言 |
[10:40] | this administration was coming apart at the seams | 这届政府在听证会的时候 |
[10:43] | during those hearings and I used six rolls | 差点就分崩离析了 而我用了六大卷 |
[10:45] | of Magic Tape to stick it back together. | 魔力胶布把它粘了起来 |
[10:49] | Anything else you want to ask for? | 你还想要什么吗? |
[10:50] | Want your face on money or something? | 需要把你的脸印在钞票上吗? |
[10:54] | Want that TV? Take it. | 想要那个电视吗? 拿去吧 |
[10:58] | …coming in, a low voter turnout in Broward County. | …进入 布劳沃德县的投票率很低(弗罗里达大郡) |
[11:01] | ? It’s a low turnout in Broward County tonight ? | 今晚布劳沃德县的投票率很低(弗罗里达共占29-31票) |
[11:04] | ? Low turnout in Broward County tonight. ? | 今晚布劳沃德县的投票率很低 |
[11:11] | – Sing with me. – No. | – 跟我一起唱 – 不 |
[11:13] | What’s this… this job you’ve applied for? | 你申请的是…是什么工作? |
[11:16] | It’s a big food corporation. United Seasonings. | 是个大型食品公司 联合调味品公司 |
[11:19] | They supply 90% of the country’s paprika. | 他们供应了全国90%的辣椒粉 |
[11:21] | Yep, we lobbied for them, | 是的 我们帮他们游说过 |
[11:22] | so my hands are dirty with paprika money. | 所以我的手被辣椒粉公司的钱弄脏了 |
[11:25] | I’ll mention how good you are to them. | 我会向他们提起你有多棒的 |
[11:27] | No need, they already know. | 不需要 他们知道的 |
[11:29] | That’s right. | 对啊 |
[11:33] | Too close to call. Too close to call. It’s too close baby yeah. Too close to call. It’s unbelievable. It’s still too close to call | 不分上下 难分胜负 不分呀宝贝呀 不分伯仲 难以置信 还难分胜负呢 |
[11:40] | I’ve known sailors less likely to go either way than this. | 据我所知 想去嫖的雏儿都没现在这种纠结的情况 |
[11:42] | I… pardon my ribaldry. | 抱歉… 说了黄段子 |
[11:45] | – Hey, Illinois is still ours, isn’t it? – Yes. | – 伊利诺斯还是我们的 是吗?(20票) – 是的 |
[11:47] | – And lowa called for O’Brien. – Fuck lowa. | – 爱荷华州选择了O’Brien(4票) – 去他妈的爱荷华 |
[11:50] | I’d say nuke it, but I think someone already did. | 我想用核武器平了它 不过我觉得已经有人炸过了 |
[11:52] | Pennsylvania’s too close to call. Florida’s too close to call. | 宾夕法尼亚州难分胜负(20) 弗罗里达州势均力敌(29) |
[11:55] | You might gather the general trend | 你可以总结总体趋势 |
[11:57] | is that it’s too close to call. | 就是势均力敌 难分胜负 |
[11:59] | The congressional results are similarly tight. | 国会的结果也一样势均力敌 |
[12:03] | Okay, you don’t need to shake that bag, all right? | 你不用摇那个袋子 好吗? |
[12:06] | Try chewing with your mouth closed. See if that works. | 试着闭上嘴嚼 看看行不行 |
[12:08] | All right, they’re saying we’re gonna get a clearer picture | 好了 他们说我们将在大约一小时后 |
[12:10] | of this whole thing in about an hour. | 对整体情况有更清楚的了解 |
[12:12] | God, I am so tense. | 老天 我好紧张 |
[12:13] | I could crack a walnut in my ass. | 我的屁股都能夹碎核桃了 |
[12:15] | – Right, Mom, come with me. – What? | – 好了 妈 跟我来 – 什么? |
[12:18] | Just get out of here until this picture becomes clearer. | 等情况明了了再回来 |
[12:20] | – Maybe have some mother-daughter time? – Okay. | – 来点亲子时间好吗? – 好吧 |
[12:27] | Everybody give it up for Band of the Horses. | 请大家给群马乐队来点掌声 |
[12:31] | Wait, what? | 等下 什么? |
[12:33] | Oh, Band… Oh, I’m sorry. | 哦 骏… 哦 抱歉 |
[12:34] | I’m sorry. Give it up for Band of Horses. | 抱歉 为骏马乐队鼓掌 |
[12:37] | Band of Horses. | 骏马乐队 |
[12:39] | I just want to say thank you for supporting | 我想感谢你们 |
[12:43] | the men’s health campaign | 对男性健康运动的支持 |
[12:45] | and letting me tell guys that they should feel themselves up. | 让我能够告诉男人们他们应该爱抚自己 |
[12:50] | Easiest job I ever had. | 这是我做过的最简单的工作 |
[12:53] | You guys remember my… you guys remember my catchphrase, right? | 大家记得我的… 大家记得我的口号 对吗? |
[12:57] | Remember it? Just to jog your memory. | 记得吗? 使劲想想 |
[12:58] | Just remember, check’em, don’t neglect ’em. | 要记得 经常检查 不要疏忽 |
[13:01] | Check ’em, don’t neglect ’em. | 经常检查 不要疏忽 |
[13:04] | Nice. You guys remember the A-Team, right? | 很好 大家记得A-Team (83年电视剧) 对吗? |
[13:07] | A-Team? “I’m the A-Team.” | A-Team? “我是A-Team” |
[13:10] | Mr. T. Um… | T先生 嗯… |
[13:13] | they were supposed to be on the run, | 他们本该逃跑的 |
[13:15] | but, you know, they were in a really distinctive van. | 但是 你知道 他们在一个很特别的面包车里 |
[13:20] | Yeah, what was up… What was up with that? | 是啊 那是… 那是怎么回事? |
[13:22] | Feeling kind of zen-ish, you know? | 感觉有点入禅的感觉 你知道吗? |
[13:26] | I realize that there’s nothing more I can do. | 我意识到没有什么我能做的了 |
[13:28] | Things are out of my control | 事情已经脱离了我的控制 |
[13:30] | and I just have to let the tension go. | 我必须抛弃紧张情绪 |
[13:34] | Get the fuck out of here, Kent. | 滚开 Kent |
[13:36] | Apologies. | 抱歉 |
[13:39] | I’m sorry about you and Jason. | 你和Jason 我很遗憾 |
[13:41] | I know that my job can be hard on you | 我知道我的工作让你有些困难 |
[13:45] | and that was a bit of a bummer, huh? | 这实在有点扫兴 是吗? |
[13:46] | – Yeah, just a little bit. – Yeah. | – 是的 有一点点 – 是的 |
[13:48] | But like you said, I can’t be married to a lobbyist, so… | 但是就像你说的 我不能和一个说客结婚 所以… |
[13:52] | Yeah, and he was, like, 60. | 是的 而且他得有60了吧 |
[13:53] | – He was 35. – How did he take it? | – 他35 – 他接受的如何? |
[13:56] | It’s hard to tell. He’s not really big on emotions. | 很难说 他感情不易波动 |
[13:59] | Mm-hmm. | 嗯哼 |
[14:01] | You know, Catherine, | 你知道吗 Catherine |
[14:04] | men are horrible. | 男人都糟透了 |
[14:08] | Okay? | 好吗? |
[14:10] | I mean, I have to just | 我是说 我不得不 |
[14:11] | tell it to you like it is, honey. | 这样告诉你 甜心 |
[14:13] | But all men are awful. | 所有男人都可恶极了 |
[14:19] | Really. | 真的 |
[14:20] | And the key is to just find a man | 重点只是找到一个 |
[14:23] | who’s the least horrible. | 最不那么糟糕的男人 |
[14:26] | Okay, Mom. | 好的 妈妈 |
[14:28] | Oh, look at that photo of you and me. | 看 你和我的照片 |
[14:31] | – You look like me in that picture. – No. | – 你在那张照片里很像我 – 不像 |
[14:34] | No, uh-uh. Not at all. | 不像 一点不像 |
[14:35] | – Yeah, a little bit… – No, uh-uh. | – 像 有一点… – 不像 |
[14:37] | – Oh. – Oh, there’s Daddy. | – 哦 – 哦 这是爸爸 |
[14:41] | – Horrible. – Mom. | – 糟透了 – 妈 |
[14:44] | Okay, I’m back. How long was I gone? | 好了 我回来了 我走了多久? |
[14:47] | – About 20 minutes. – Is that it? | – 大概20分钟 – 真的吗? |
[14:49] | God, it always seems longer with Catherine. | 老天 和Catherine在一起时间总是感觉如此漫长 |
[14:52] | All right, so what’s my destiny here? | 好吧 我的命运如何了? |
[14:54] | Still unfathomable. | 仍然不可预测 |
[14:55] | Why can’t the American people make up their minds? | 为什么美国人民如此优柔寡断? |
[14:58] | I mean, how hard is it to decide between two candidates? | 我说 两个候选人选一个有多难? |
[15:01] | Oh, for fuck’s sake. | 去他妈的 |
[15:03] | – Amy. – Hey, Sue. | – Amy – 嗨 Sue |
[15:05] | – Amy, nice to see you. – Hi. Mmm. | – Amy 很高兴见到你 – 你好 |
[15:07] | I’ve got to get a little space between Karen’s mouth and my ears. | 我得在Karen的嘴和我的耳朵之间找点空间 |
[15:10] | I’m gonna hit the soda machine. Anybody want anything? | 我要去买点汽水 大家要什么吗? |
[15:12] | Just something with real sugar. | 放了真糖的东西 |
[15:14] | No sweeteners or I’ll shit my pants. | 不要甜味剂 否则我就要拉裤子了(甜味剂吃多了腹泻) |
[15:16] | – Welcome back. – Thank you. | – 欢迎回来 – 谢谢 |
[15:22] | – Hello, ma’am. – Oh, wow. | – 您好 夫人 – 哦 哇哦 |
[15:25] | TV’s Amy Brookheimer. | 电视上的Amy Brookheimer |
[15:27] | I felt that I needed to be here, ma’am. | 我感觉我应该在这里 夫人 |
[15:30] | We went through so much together getting you here, so… | 我们一起经历了那么多才让您走到这里 所以… |
[15:32] | Pennsylvania results are about to come in. They’re about to call this. | 宾夕法尼亚的结果马上要出来了 他们正准备宣布 |
[15:35] | So how is it… – Shh. | 所以那个怎么… – 嘘 |
[15:37] | Pennsylvania called for O’Brien. | 宾夕法尼亚预测投给O’Brien(20票) |
[15:38] | Oh, no way! | 哦 不可能! |
[15:40] | – I said we should have gone back there. – And you were right. | – 我早就说我们应该到那去拉票 – 你是对的 |
[15:43] | – Why did you ever resign? – It’s hard to understand. | – 你当时为啥要辞职? – 很难说 |
[15:46] | I think Pennsylvania is the real significant call tonight. | 我认为宾夕法尼亚州是今晚真正有着重大意义的投票 |
[15:49] | Pennsylvania, you had that as a Meyer win, is that right, Matty? | 宾夕法尼亚 Matty 你认为Meyer会赢下它 对吗? |
[15:52] | Yeah, uh… yes. | 对 呃… 是的 |
[15:54] | That’s, um… Yes, we did. | 这个 呃… 是这么认为的 |
[15:57] | Can’t predict everything all the time, can you? | 不能总是料事如神 是吧? |
[15:59] | Even though that is your job. | 尽管这是你的本职工作 |
[16:00] | Is this the end for President Meyer, Dan? | Dan 这是Meyer总统生涯的结束吗? |
[16:02] | Well, I would not be surprised if the president were thinking | 如果总统这么快就考虑打给O’Brien议员认输 |
[16:05] | about calling Senator O’Brien very soon to concede this election. | 我不会感到惊讶的 |
[16:08] | What do experts know? | 专家们知道个屁? |
[16:10] | Got O’Brien 267, us 207. | O’Brien267票 我们207票 |
[16:13] | If those are right, it looks like he’s got the election. | 如果这是真的 貌似他要赢下选举了 |
[16:16] | These are projections. These are not real results. | 这些都只是预测 不是真正的结果 |
[16:19] | They’re ghosts. | 只是捕风捉影 |
[16:21] | You can’t… you can’t concede. | 你不能… 你不能认输 |
[16:25] | I know you want to, but you really, really shouldn’t. | 我知道你想认输 但你真的 真的不应该这样 |
[16:28] | Or… | 或者… |
[16:31] | What? | 咋了? |
[16:34] | I’m gonna concede. | 我要认输了 |
[16:35] | I, Uh… | 我 呃… |
[16:38] | I don’t see any point in dragging this on. | 我觉得这么拖下去没什么意义 |
[16:40] | And I’d like to have a little bit of dignity in defeat. | 我希望我输也要输的有尊严 |
[16:45] | So, um… | 所以 呃… |
[16:48] | I’m gonna call O’Brien. | 我要给O’Brien打电话 |
[16:50] | This fucking job sucks anyway. | 反正这傻逼工作也不咋地 |
[16:54] | Please don’t electrocute me. | 请千万别电死我 |
[17:10] | The next voice you hear will be the president. | 接下来是总统和您讲话 |
[17:14] | – Bill. – A fascinating night, ma’am. | – Bill – 多美好的夜晚啊 夫人 |
[17:17] | Were you calling me for a particular reason, Madam President? | 总统女士 给我打电话有什么特别原因吗? |
[17:21] | I wanted to just start by thanking you | 首先我要感谢你 |
[17:23] | for conducting a very dignified… | 领导了一项庄重的… |
[17:27] | – Ben – Ben. | |
[17:28] | Yeah, Mike, Selina’s conceding, | 是 Mike Selina在认输 |
[17:30] | so forget about the soda and just grab a crate of whiskey. | 所以 别弄汽水了 来箱威士忌 |
[17:36] | Fuck. | 妈的 |
[17:39] | – I know. | – 我知道了 |
[17:43] | Time to turn that noose back into a necktie, buddy. | 是时候把上吊绳变成领带了 哥们 |
[17:45] | I got something you’re gonna want to hear. | 我有你想听的消息 |
[17:47] | Dan, there’s nothing useful you can tell me. | Dan 你告诉我的都没有屁用 |
[17:49] | Pennsylvania was the wrong call. | 宾夕法尼亚投票结果搞错了 |
[17:51] | We think it’s gonna go Selina. | 我们认为Selina要赢了 |
[17:52] | Look, I have no idea how… | 听着 我不知道怎么… |
[17:53] | No! Don’t! Don’t! Stop the concession! | 不! 不要! 不要!别认输! |
[17:56] | So, Bill, I feel now is the time to call you | 所以 Bill 我觉得是时候该告诉你 |
[17:59] | – and… – Ma’am, don’t. No, no, no. | – 呃… – 女士 不要 不不不 |
[18:02] | Um, also another thing I’d like to just mention… | 呃 我还要说另一件事… |
[18:06] | Uh, how’s it going? | 呃 你过得怎么样? |
[18:07] | How’s it going? | 过得怎么样? |
[18:09] | You and I are the only ones | 只有咱俩 |
[18:11] | sort of going through the same thing | 经历着相同的事情 |
[18:12] | and I just… | 我只是… |
[18:14] | Ma’am, forgive me for being direct, | 夫人 恕我直言 |
[18:16] | but you’re not conceding? | 可你不是要认输的么? |
[18:18] | Um, no. I don’t know why | 不 我不知道什么 |
[18:20] | you would even imagine that I would be doing that, Bill. | 让你认为我要认输 Bill |
[18:23] | people of Pennsylvania go to Selina Meyer. | 赢下宾夕法尼亚的是Selina |
[18:26] | Yeah, I don’t know if you’ve seen this, Bill, | 是啊 我不知道你看见了没 Bill |
[18:28] | but they seem to have called Pennsylvania for me. | 不过他们好像宣布宾夕法尼亚投给我了 |
[18:31] | Yes, I heard that. | 是 我听到了 |
[18:33] | I wonder if there’s anything that you | 我好奇你现在是不是 |
[18:35] | would like to say to me right now. | 有什么想和我说的 |
[18:38] | I’m taking the White House. Please leave the hot tub on. | 我会入主白宫 把热澡盆给我准备好 |
[18:41] | I don’t think so, my friend. | 我不这么认为 亲爱的朋友 |
[18:49] | Sir, the crowd is getting restless. The band has stopped playing. | 先生 人群越来越焦躁 乐队也停止演奏了 |
[18:52] | I’ve given them my best material and we don’t know what to do. | 我已经黔驴技穷不知道怎么办了 |
[18:55] | We need to give them a hit of political meth. | 我们需要给他们来一剂政治兴奋剂 |
[18:56] | I think we should send out Tom James. | 我觉得我们应该派Tom去 |
[18:58] | Uh, ma’am, would you consider allowing Tom | 呃 女士 你介意让Tom去 |
[19:00] | to go out on the rally stage? | 竞选集会台上吗? |
[19:01] | What? Uh, well, let’s see. First of all, no. | 什么? 呃 这个 我看看 首先 不行 |
[19:05] | And then the other thing I really wanted to say | 其次我还是非常想说的是 |
[19:08] | was no. | 不行 |
[19:10] | I’m hearing a no. | 我听见了个不行 |
[19:11] | Jonah, sorry, the answer is… | Jonah 不好意思 答案是… |
[19:13] | Oh, hello. | 哦 天噜 |
[19:16] | – What? – Holy mother of moly. | – 怎么了? – 我的个老天爷的七舅老爷 |
[19:19] | – What is it? – Ma’am, Fox is calling Washington State for us. | – 是怎么了? – 夫人 福克斯电视台宣布我们拿下华盛顿州了(12票) |
[19:22] | Yes! – No! | 好! – 不是吧! |
[19:24] | – They called Ohio. – Oh, my God, that’s amazing! | – 拿下俄亥俄 – 哦 天噜 太棒啦! |
[19:26] | Ohio? – No, for O’Brien. I should have said. | 俄亥俄? – 不 是O’Brien拿下了 我该说清楚 |
[19:29] | – Oh, my God. – ABC is saying it’s still too close to call. | – 哦 天啊 – ABC电视台说这实在是势均力敌 难分高下 |
[19:32] | – Yeah. – No, they’re calling it now… O’Brien. | – 是啊 – 不 他们正在宣布… O’Brien赢了 |
[19:35] | – Shit! – Fox again and Politico. | – 妈蛋! – 还是福克斯还有政客新闻网 |
[19:37] | New Hampshire to O’Brien and Ohio. | 宣布新罕布什尔和俄亥俄投给O’Brien |
[19:39] | – Yes, we took Florida! – Oh! | – 太好了 我们拿下了佛罗里达! – 哦! |
[19:42] | – That is extraordinary. – Yes. | – 太牛逼了 – 是啊 |
[19:44] | – What is my number now, Kent? – Okay, one second. | – Kent 我现在票数多少? – 好的 等一下 |
[19:46] | You’re two… You’re… – What? | 你是2.. 你是… – 多少? |
[19:48] | – Yeah, you’re 256. – Kent, where does that leave us? | – 查到了 您的票数是256 – Kent 现在情况怎么样? |
[19:51] | Okay, it all comes down to Virginia. | 好的 现在就看弗吉尼亚州的选票了 |
[19:52] | If O’Brien gets Virginia, he wins. | 如果O’Brien在弗吉尼亚州胜出 他就赢定了 |
[19:55] | – However, if we get Virginia… – We win! | – 但是 如果我们在弗吉尼亚州胜出… – 我们就赢定了! |
[19:58] | No, actually, Gary, if we get it, we tie. | 不 其实 Gary 就算我们赢得了弗吉尼亚 我们也是正好打个平局 |
[20:00] | – What? – What? | – 啥? – 什么啥? |
[20:02] | I don’t follow these things that closely, | 虽然我没目不转睛的盯着选票数据 |
[20:04] | but that’s right, isn’t it, Mr. Davison? | 但就是这样 对吧 Davison先生? |
[20:05] | Yes. | 是的 |
[20:06] | Tie, like it’s a tie? You mean, we tie? | 平局 居然是平局? 你确定 我们是平局? |
[20:09] | – You do. – The real shock, Greg, is where this leaves us. | – 确实是 – Greg 但最出人意料的 是这件事的影响 |
[20:12] | Neck and neck if the president takes Virginia. | 如果总统夫人拿下弗吉尼亚州 两位候选人就是齐头并进 |
[20:15] | Matty, you’ll forgive me if I sideline you here. | Matty 不好意思这次我要略过你了 |
[20:17] | – Sure. – Dan, you know the president well. | – 没问题- Dan 你了解总统 |
[20:19] | What is going on in that Meyer hotel suite right this second? | 此时此刻 Meyer酒店套间里的人到底在干嘛呢? |
[20:23] | The president has a lot of top minds working on her campaign. | 总统的智囊团有很多专家在为选举奔波 |
[20:25] | They’re gonna be all over this. | 他们现在肯定全在忙活这事 |
[20:27] | What happens when there’s a tie? | 如果打成平局会怎么样? |
[20:29] | Everybody goes online to | 所有人都在上网 |
[20:30] | try to find out what happens if we get a tie. | 搜索 想搞明白我们平局后该怎么办 |
[20:32] | Way ahead of you. Shit, I’m just getting how to tie a tie. | 我动作比你快多了 靠 我搜的是如何打领带(tie同有平局和领带意思) |
[20:36] | Is there a book? Like an old-fashioned… like a paper book? | 有相关的书吗? 就那种老式的… 纸质的书? |
[20:39] | Jesus Christ, you know? | 我的天呐 知道吗? |
[20:41] | You do your best. You try to serve the people | 就算你竭尽全力 想为人民服务 |
[20:43] | – and then they just fuck you over. – Yeah. | – 可是那些人人却把你操个人仰马翻 – 是啊 |
[20:45] | And you know why? Because they’re ignorant | 你知道这是为什么? 因为他们愚昧无知 |
[20:48] | and they’re dumb as shit. | 他们蠢到粪坑里 |
[20:50] | And that, ladies and gentlemen, is democracy. | 而女士们先生们 这 就是民主 |
[20:52] | – God damn it. – It’s the 12th Amendment. | – 该死的玩意儿 – 第十二修正案 |
[20:54] | – I have 20th Amendment. – Why are there so many amendments? | – 我查到第二十修正案 – 怎么这么多修正案? |
[20:57] | Get it right the first time, people. | 一次性搞清楚行么 同志们 |
[20:59] | It’s actually both. 12th is superseded by the 20th. | 其实两个都对 第十二修正案被第二十修正案取代了 |
[21:02] | They give the House until January 20th to elect the president. | 他们允许白宫在一月二十日之前进行总统选举 |
[21:06] | Each state gets one vote. | 每个州一张选票 |
[21:07] | First candidate to 26 is the new president | 第一个得到26张选票的候选人即为新总统 |
[21:10] | and the Senate chooses the VP. | 然后由参议院选出副总统 |
[21:11] | It’s a close election | 这种选举难分胜负 |
[21:13] | with a ton of House races too close to call. | 很多众议院都难分胜负势均力敌 |
[21:15] | What happens if it’s a tie in the House? | 如果众议院选举结果还是平局呢? |
[21:16] | Right. – Is it a dance-off? | 对啊 – 跳舞决胜负吗? |
[21:18] | Well, vice president-elect becomes president. | 这样的话 副总统候选人将会成为总统 |
[21:20] | Whoever the Senate has picked for VP will be president. | 参议院选谁做副总统 谁就能当总统 |
[21:23] | – Wait, that means… – That Tom… | – 等等 这样的话… – 那Tom… |
[21:25] | What? – Could be the president. | 什么? – 可能会成为总统 |
[21:29] | Well, I… | 呃 我… |
[21:30] | I had literally no idea. | 我还不清楚这是怎么回事 |
[21:35] | It’s good to be prepared. | 不过做好准备总没错 |
[21:40] | So, wait. So you mean that I… | 这样 等等 你的意思是我… |
[21:42] | I might lose this election to my fucking vice president? | 我他妈的要输给我他娘自己的副总统? |
[21:47] | At least it’d be somebody from our team, ma’am. | 至少总统是从我们团队出来的 夫人 |
[21:49] | I mean, that’s good, right? | 我是说 这也是好事 对吧? |
[21:53] | I didn’t mean to make her cry. | 我可没想惹她哭 |
[22:00] | – There, there. | – 没事 没事 |
[22:02] | Oh, it’s gonna be okay. | 哦 一切都会好的 |
[22:07] | – She’s going down. – She’s going down. | – 她要倒下了 – 她要倒下了 |
[22:09] | Don’t touch her. | 别碰她 |
[22:15] | – Yeah? – Sir, I’m sorry to contact you directly, | – 喂? – 先生 很抱歉直接联系您 |
[22:18] | but the crowd is drooling for you. | 但是现场的人们个个垂涎欲滴的样子要见您 |
[22:19] | Yep, floor is wet out here. | 是啊 地板都被口水弄湿了 |
[22:21] | – Okay, great. Thank you. – Tom James! Tom James! | – 好的 太好了 谢谢 – Tom James! Tom James! |
[22:24] | I’m gonna go rally the rally. | 我去会场振奋一下士气 |
[22:26] | With all due respect, | 恕我直言 |
[22:29] | you need to get your shit together now, lady. | 你现在必须振作起来 女士 |
[22:31] | Ma’am up. You’re still the leader of the free world. | 硬气点 你还是这个自由国度的元首 |
[22:34] | Hmm? | 嗯? |
[22:39] | Where’s Tom? | Tom去哪了? |
[22:40] | Oh, he’s gone to talk to the crowd at the rally. | 噢 他去会场为大家讲话去了 |
[22:43] | – What? – The fuck he has. | – 什么? – 他妈的他想干什么 |
[22:45] | Why would you let him do that? | 你怎么能允许他这么干? |
[22:47] | – Well, you don’t work here. – Well, neither do you. | – 哦 你又不在这工作 – 你也不属于这 |
[22:50] | All right, fuck all of you. I’m going to the rally. | 好好 去他妈的 我要去会场 |
[22:52] | Ma’am, ma’am, that would be unprecedented. | 夫人 夫人 这史无前例 |
[22:54] | No, I’ll tell you what’s unprecedented, Kent. | 没有 我告诉你什么叫史无前例 Kent |
[22:56] | A tie is unprecedented. | 平局是史无前例 |
[22:59] | So is becoming the first lady president. | 成为首位女性总统也是史无前例 |
[23:01] | So is that jackoff becoming president through the back door. | 那个想走捷径当总统的王八蛋也是史无前例 |
[23:06] | Okay? The rule book’s been torn up now | 知道了吧? 现在已经没有规则了 |
[23:08] | and America is wiping its nasty ass with it. | 这个国家已经把一切规则都擦了屁股了 |
[23:13] | Get the fuck out of my way! | 别他妈挡着我! |
[23:15] | – Ma’am! Ma’am! – Let’s go. | – 夫人! 夫人! – 我们走 |
[23:20] | Tom James! Tom James! Tom James! Tom James! | |
[23:23] | Tom James! Tom James! | |
[23:30] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[23:32] | Okay, I admit, this isn’t boring. | 好吧 我承认 这有点意思 |
[23:34] | Why make the total of electoral votes an even number? | 为什么总选票数会一模一样? |
[23:37] | – Insanity? – Listen, I know this is a long night. | – 神经错乱? – 我知道 今夜很漫长 |
[23:40] | You’re tired and you’re cold and your legs ache | 你们又冷又累 腿都站疼了 |
[23:42] | and you need the bathroom. | 还很想去洗手间 |
[23:44] | Boy, you need the bathroom. | 哎呀 你们肯定内急得很了 |
[23:47] | That fucking guy | 那个混蛋 |
[23:50] | with his fucking charm and his fucking son | 他假惺惺的魅力 他的混蛋儿子 |
[23:53] | and his fucking wheelchair with his spine all fucked up. | 他的烂轮椅还有他的脊椎 都死去吧 |
[23:56] | My grandmother survived the Dust Bowl. | 我奶奶从黑色风暴事件中活了下来 |
[24:00] | And before she died at the age of 89, | 而在她89岁时去世前 |
[24:03] | she told me a secret that she kept for almost 50 years. | 曾告诉我一个她保守了近50年的秘密 |
[24:08] | The story concerns… | 故事是说… |
[24:09] | Ladies and gentlemen, Tom James. | 女士们 先生们 Tom James |
[24:12] | How about it? | 大家好不好? |
[24:16] | Thank you. Thank you. | 谢谢大家 谢谢大家 |
[24:19] | Thank you. Wow. | 谢谢你们 哇 |
[24:22] | Do I know how to pick ’em? Yep. | 我知道怎么接话茬吗? 当然知道了 |
[24:25] | Well, thank you so much for being here. | 很感谢你们来到这里 |
[24:28] | I know it’s been a wait. | 我知道你们等了很久 |
[24:30] | And we really do appreciate your presence. | 而且我们真的很感谢你们的到来 |
[24:33] | What a night, right? | 真是一个难忘的晚上 对不对? |
[24:36] | It’s the night of nights. | 是万里挑一的难忘夜晚 |
[24:41] | Um, you know what I want to do? | 呃 你们知道我想做什么吗? |
[24:43] | I want to introduce you to the First Daughter | 我想把你们介绍给 |
[24:46] | of the United States, | 美国的第一女儿 |
[24:48] | my daughter Catherine Selina Meyer. | 我的女儿Catherine Selina Meyer |
[24:53] | Catherine Catherine | |
[24:56] | Always a delight to have… | 很高兴… |
[24:57] | She is such a beautiful girl. I’m so proud of her. | 她是个漂亮的姑娘 我为她感到十分骄傲 |
[25:01] | Well, we have another minute | 在我们准备揭示弗吉尼亚州投票之前 |
[25:02] | or so before we’re prepared to call Virginia. | 我们还有一分钟左右的时间 |
[25:04] | Just checking a couple of precincts. | 就看看一些选区的状况吧 |
[25:06] | We’ve made some premature calls this evening. | 我们今晚做了几次不成熟的预测 |
[25:08] | So we’re anxious to be absolutely certain this time. | 那么我们现在都极其想知道这次的最终结果 |
[25:12] | Why don’t we meet some of the people | 不如我们来见一见那些 |
[25:15] | who lift me up? | 帮助我竞选的人员吧? |
[25:17] | I’d like you to meet them. | 我想让大家见见他们 |
[25:19] | Guys, come on out. How about these great faces? | 同志们 出来吧 这些伟大的面孔如何? |
[25:22] | Incredible scenes. Never happened before. | 惊人的一幕 史无前例 |
[25:25] | Very emotional moment. Dan, do you wish you were there? | 非常感人的时刻 Dan 你也希望在那里吧? |
[25:27] | I’m sure it’s a very exciting place to be at. | 我确信在那里是件令人激动的事 |
[25:29] | There’s never been an election like this. | 从来没有过像这次一样的选举 |
[25:31] | No. | 没有 |
[25:32] | You must want to be there. | 你肯定想在那儿 |
[25:35] | Folks, you don’t know her, but this is Karen Collins. | 乡亲们 你们不认识她 但这是Karen Collins |
[25:37] | And she has been a friend of mine for a while. | 我们成为朋友也有一段时间了 |
[25:41] | Yep. | 是的 |
[25:43] | And Amy Brookheimer is here. | 这位是Amy Brookheimer |
[25:45] | Amy Brookheimer who so successfully ran my campaign | Amy Brookheimer非常成功地组织了我的竞选活动 |
[25:50] | until she became unwell. | 直到她生病不适为止 |
[25:52] | I’ll tell you somebody else that is not here tonight | 我还想像大家介绍一位今晚不在场 |
[25:56] | who was with the campaign… | 但有参与到我们竞选团队的人… |
[25:58] | Sounds like it could be you, Dan. | Dan 看样子是说你哦 |
[25:59] | Well, I would be incredibly touched. | 好吧 那我会超级感动的 |
[26:01] | And that is, of course, Leslie Kerr. | 毫无疑问 这个人就是Leslie Kerr |
[26:04] | I’m sure Leslie is thanking you, too. | 我相信Lesile也会感谢各位 |
[26:06] | And I’m hearing we can now project a Virginia result. | 我听到现在可以预测弗吉尼亚州的投票结果了 |
[26:09] | – Dan, what is that projection? – Thank you, Greg. | – Dan 预测结果如何? -谢谢 Greg |
[26:12] | CNN is prepared to make the following projection | CNN准备做以下预测 |
[26:14] | that Virginia, with its 13 electoral votes, | 这13张选举人票 |
[26:18] | is a win for President Meyer. | 被Meyer总统赢得了 |
[26:22] | This election is a tie. | 选举打平了 |
[26:27] | We did it! | 我们做到了! |
[26:31] | We have one more hurdle to overcome. | 我们还有一个障碍要跨过 |
[26:35] | And we shall overcome. | 而且我们会跨过的 |
[26:37] | One more river to cross. | 我们还有一条河流要穿过 |
[26:40] | One more mountain to climb. | 还有一座山要攀爬 |
[26:44] | But I have been to the mountaintop. | 但我已经在山顶上了 |
[26:49] | Thank you. | 谢谢大家 |
[26:58] | – I don’t know what to do. – We don’t do anything. | – 我不知道要做什么 – 我们什么都不做 |
[27:01] | – You do what you have to do. – Yeah, I’m getting drunk. | – 你做你该做的事情 – 对 我该一醉方休 |
[27:03] | Hey, Dan, when you get this, | 嘿 Dan 你收到这条信息时 |
[27:05] | can you put in a good word for me with Greg? | 能帮我在Greg面前美言几句吗? |
[27:08] | 如果选举真的出现了平局怎么办? 《美国宪法》规定采取选举人团制度 以确保总统大选的公正性及效率,同 时可以保障各州的权益。每个州的选 举人人数同该州在美国国会的美国众 议院和美国参议院议员总人数相等, 因此总统选举人为538人。得到超过 半数选举人票(即至少获得270票) 的总统候选人获胜。在美国历史上, 只在1800年出现过一次平局。 不过如果你在美国且有投票的条件, 记得要投票哦——因为你的票可能造 就一个平局……当然也可能打破它。 | |
[27:08] | I think that I need to keep my TV work going. | 我觉得我需要保住在电视台的工作 |
[27:11] | Okay, you’re gonna win. And if you don’t, I’ll kill myself. | 听着 你一定会赢 你要是不赢 我就自杀 |
[27:14] | Kent, what happens next? You’ve got to know. | Kent 下一步怎么走? 你要知道的 |
[27:16] | No, I’m afraid not. Some of these House races, | 不 我恐怕不知道 一些议院的选举还在变 |
[27:18] | – they’re still too close to call. – What does that mean? | – 它们还是势均力敌 难分高下 – 这是什么意思? |
[27:20] | Well, presently, we cannot predict the result | 就是 现在我们还不能预测最终 |
[27:23] | of the vote in Congress on January 20. | 1月20日国会的投票结果 |
[27:25] | – We’re in a kind of purgatory. – Welcome to my world. | – 我们算是在炼狱的困境之中 – 欢迎来到我的世界 |
[27:27] | Can you stop thinking | 你就不能一秒钟都不想 |
[27:28] | – about yourself for one second? – Honestly. | – 你自己吗? – 老实说 |
[27:30] | No, because I’m going to prison. Have I mentioned that? | 不能 因为我要进监狱了 我有说过这点吧? |
[27:33] | – So what are we gonna do here? – Should we drop the balloons? | – 那我们现在该干什么? – 我们要放气球吗? |
[27:35] | – No, no balloons. – Maybe just drop half of them? | – 不 不要气球了 – 或者放下一半? |
[27:38] | – No! – Why do we even have balloons? | – 不要! – 我们为什么要有这些气球? |
[27:40] | Ma’am, I seriously overstepped the mark | 夫人 我到台上讲话 |
[27:44] | going out onstage. That was a fuck-up. | 是严重的僭越 那简直就是愚不可及 一团糟 |
[27:46] | Yeah, I’ll say. | 是 我觉得 |
[27:48] | You might want to watch that if you become president. | 你要是成了总统会想回头看这一段的 |
[27:50] | If that does happen, | 如果真发生了 |
[27:52] | want to be my veep? | 你愿意做我的副总统吗? |
[27:57] | Why don’t you go help them with the balloons? | 你为什么不去帮他们弄弄气球? |
[28:01] | Copy that. | 收到 |