时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:32] | Logan, what are you doing here? | Logan, 你怎么在这儿? |
[00:36] | I want you to find my mother. | 我想你帮忙找我母亲 |
[00:40] | Relax, I’m not asking you to drag the lake. | 别担心,我又不是叫你翻天覆地 |
[00:44] | My mother didn’t really kill herself. | 我母亲不是自杀的 |
[00:46] | Come inside, okay? | 你先进来,好么? |
[00:53] | Veronica, she’s not dead. | Veronica, 她没死 |
[00:56] | What makes you think she’s still alive? | 你为什么觉得她还活着? |
[00:59] | Why does everyone assume that she’s not? | 为什么所有人都认为她死了? |
[01:02] | I mean, there’s no body. | 并没有尸体啊 |
[01:04] | What about the woman who saw her jump? It’s been on every channel. | 那个看见她掉下去的女人呢?所有频道都播放了。 |
[01:08] | If she’s on the tv, she must be telling the truth. | 难道她在电视前说的话,就一定是真的么 |
[01:11] | But her credit cards were missing. | 她信用卡也不见了 |
[01:13] | Doesn’t that seem like… I don’t know, a clue? | 这在你看来,难道不是线索么? |
[01:18] | You don’t jump off a bridge with your platinum card. | 你不会跳桥自杀,还带着白金信用卡 |
[01:20] | – Logan, I– – I know my mother! | – Logan, 我– – 我了解我妈妈! |
[01:23] | Okay… | 好… |
[01:26] | I heard she left a note. | 听说她留下了字条 |
[01:28] | Well, yeah, she wants people to think she’s dead. | 唔,是的,她希望大家认为她死了 |
[01:31] | But if she was going to really do the deed, it would be chardonnay and sleeping pills. | 但要是她真的想死 她会就着夏敦埃酒吞下安眠药 |
[01:36] | You know, she wouldn’t risk being found bug-eyed and bloated in some shrimp net. | 她绝不想冒险被发现,双眼暴突 肿胀地死在捕虾网里 |
[01:41] | I’ll see what I can find out. | 我试试能查到什么 |
[01:44] | You know what… | 你懂么… |
[01:48] | I just need to know she’s okay. | 我只想知道她好不好 |
[01:56] | Scholars! Thinkers! | 学者! 思考者! |
[01:59] | Learned charges! | 学问攻击! |
[02:02] | You asked for it. | 你们想要 |
[02:04] | You got it. | 就给你们 |
[02:05] | World history review, roundup and death match. | 世界历史复习,分组对抗,不死不休 |
[02:10] | Who will reign supreme? | 谁能统领全局? |
[02:12] | Will it be the age of enlightenment rock stars?! | 会是启蒙时代的摇滚明星么?! |
[02:18] | Or will it be the children of the industrial revolution?! | 还是工业革命时的孩子?! |
[02:25] | Blood is in the air. | 空气里弥漫血腥 |
[02:28] | Blood! Round one! | 鲜血!第一轮! |
[02:31] | Let’s take a look at the board! | 来看题板! |
[02:35] | The question is: what are five leading causes of the fall of the roman empire? | 问题是:罗马帝国衰败的五个最主要的原因 |
[02:41] | Team captain Corazon Soliman, your answer? | Corazon Soliman队长, 你的回答是? |
[02:44] | The huns kicked their ass. | 德国人打得他们屁滚尿流 |
[02:48] | The correct answer was invading germanic hordes. | 正确答案是德国游牧民族的入侵 |
[02:52] | Judges? | 裁判? |
[02:54] | Judges award the point! Children of the industrial revolution, | 裁判给分! 工业革命的孩子得分 |
[02:58] | you control the board! | 你们控制了题板! |
[03:02] | You know the rules. | 你们晓得规矩 |
[03:04] | I can call on any team member. | 我能选任何一个队员 |
[03:07] | Who will be the weakest link? | 谁是最薄弱的环节? |
[03:13] | Wallace Fennel, show me what you got. | Wallace Fennel, 看你行不行了 |
[03:17] | All right, Mr. Rooks. | 好的, Rooks先生 |
[03:18] | They relied too much on slave labor. | 罗马人太依赖奴隶劳工 |
[03:21] | Can I see “slave labor”?! | 答案里有 “奴隶劳工”么?! |
[03:27] | Two more answers. | 还有两个答案 |
[03:30] | Uh-oh. I see someone hiding back there, trying to disappear completely. | 啊噢. 我看见某人藏在后面,想要完全消失 |
[03:37] | Carrie bishop… | |
[03:39] | sock it to me, baby! | 给我一击, 宝贝! |
[03:42] | The answer is, I’m not pregnant. | 答案是, 我没有怀孕 |
[03:45] | So you can quit dodging my calls, and you can keep your money to “take care of it.” | 所以你不用再躲我电话了,也不用花钱来“处理它” |
[03:49] | And while we’re at it, here’s your key back. | 既然我们讲开了,钥匙还给你 |
[03:52] | I won’t be needing it anymore. | 我再不需要它了 |
[04:30] | Are you okay? | 你还好么? |
[04:32] | Oh, been better. | 哦,好一点了 |
[04:38] | She’s making it up, you know. | 是她编造出来的 |
[04:41] | I never touched that girl. I’ve never seen her outside of class. | 我从没碰过她。从没有在教室外见过她 |
[04:46] | I know. | 我知道 |
[04:47] | Yeah, but it’s not going to matter. | 是啊,但于事无补 |
[04:50] | Class has been out less than a minute and I would guess that… | 同学在一分钟内就离开了教室,我想… |
[04:55] | everyone in this school has heard by now. | 学校里现在所有人都听说了 |
[04:59] | That’s probably a good guess. | 你猜得不错 |
[05:01] | This is all I ever wanted to do. | 我只想好好地上课 |
[05:06] | – And it’s over. – Not if I can help it. | – 现在完了 – 我能帮上忙,就不会了。 |
[05:18] | Young teacher, the subject of schoolgirl fantasy. | 年轻的老师, 学校女孩子的幻想对象 |
[05:24] | She wants him so badly knows what she wants to be. | 她多么想让他知道,她想要什么 |
[05:31] | Temptation, frustration, | 引诱,受挫 |
[05:34] | so bad it makes him cry. | 糟糕地让他哭泣 |
[05:38] | Her bus stop, she’s waiting; | 公共汽车站,她在等待 |
[05:41] | his car is warm and dry… | 他的车温暖干燥… |
[05:44] | That’s rough, man. | 她挺不好受的, 伙计 |
[05:46] | Don’t look to me for sympathy. | 别指望我同情她 |
[05:49] | Carrie has had a long and storied reign as the gossip queen of Neptune High. | Carrie可是赫赫有名 统领海王星高中多年的绯闻女王 |
[05:54] | You get a crown with that? | 你还为她封后了? |
[05:57] | Do something for me? | 帮我做件事? |
[05:59] | Let me guess: | 让我猜猜: |
[06:01] | borrow her permanent file? | 借来她的档案? |
[06:02] | I remember when you were new and eager to please. | 我还记得你刚来时,急切地想满足别人 |
[06:05] | Good times. | 多好的时候 |
[06:08] | Hey! | 嘿! |
[06:11] | Can I ask you kind of a weird favor? | 能不能帮我个奇怪的忙? |
[06:13] | Depends how weird. | 要看有多奇怪了 |
[06:15] | Our family physician just retired to Death Valley… literally. | 我们的家庭医生退休去了死亡山谷 … 事实如此 |
[06:19] | I know it sounds like a metaphor, but it’s not. | 这听起来像是个暗喻,其实不是 |
[06:21] | Anyway, we need a new general practitioner. | 如此,我们需要个新的全科医生 |
[06:24] | – Can I get the name of yours? – Sure. Dr. Al Levine. He’s in the book. | – 你的医生名字能告诉我么? – 当然 Al Levine医生。他电话在电话簿上有 |
[06:28] | – Thanks. – Yeah, no problem. | – 多谢 – 没事 |
[06:30] | He’s kind of expensive, though. | 不过他收费挺贵的 |
[06:32] | We’ve got insurance. | 我们有保险 |
[06:38] | Al Levine — got it. | Al Levine — 知道了 |
[06:39] | It’s time to find out what this mystery illness is you’re suffering from. | 是时候查查你得了什么神秘的疾病 |
[06:49] | Carrie’s file. | Carrie的档案 |
[06:51] | If you are caught with this, I will disavow any knowledge of you or your mission. | 你要是被抓住了,我可不认识你 也不晓得你的任务 |
[06:55] | You’ll be on your own. | 你一个人扛 |
[06:56] | Don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[06:57] | I’ve got a cyanide capsule in a false tooth. | 我在假牙里放了氰化物胶囊 |
[07:00] | If I’m caught, I’ll do the honorable thing. | 要是我被抓住了,我会光荣地死 |
[07:05] | It’s been a privilege knowing you, Mars. | 认识你真幸运 Mars |
[07:14] | Well, well, well, Carrie. I’m not sure this is the– | 啊,啊,啊,Carrie. 我猜这是 — |
[07:17] | It’s a good read? | 什么这么好看? |
[07:21] | Any news? | 有消息么? |
[07:23] | I put notices on your mom’s credit cards and on her ATM card. | 我追踪你妈妈的信用卡和自动取款卡 |
[07:26] | Meaning what? | 什么意思? |
[07:27] | Meaning a friend of my father’s who works at your family bank | 我爸的朋友在你家的银行工作 |
[07:29] | will text-message me if any of the cards are used. | 任何一张卡被使用了,他就会通知我 |
[07:32] | And you know that eyewitness that’s been clogging up the airwaves? | 你知道那个充斥着电视广播的目击证人? |
[07:36] | Yeah. Opportunistic hag. | 唔. 机会主义老巫婆 |
[07:38] | That’s the one. | 就是那个 |
[07:39] | Well, she’s giving a statement at the Sheriff’s Department tomorrow. | 唔, 明天她将在警长部门给出陈述 |
[07:42] | I’ll drop by, see if she’s up for a chat. | 我会去,找机会和她谈谈 |
[07:44] | Well, I’ll go with you. | 好,我跟你一起去 |
[07:46] | Actually, despite popular opinion, you really can’t *beat* the truth out of someone. | 可是,不知别人怎么想 我觉得你无法让人说实话 |
[07:54] | Listen, I’m going. | 听着,我要去 |
[07:56] | You’re not. | 你别去 |
[07:58] | What are you going to stop me with? | 你拿什么来阻止我? |
[08:00] | Force of will, strength of character, tenacity, karate chop… | 意志力,性格力,坚韧,空手道斩… |
[08:04] | I will know if she’s lying, okay. You won’t. | 她要是说谎,我能知道。你就不行 |
[08:09] | Fine. I’ve got a plan. | 好。我有计划了 |
[08:11] | Yeah, I’m sure you do. | 唔,你应该有 |
[08:12] | Hey, Carrie, wait up! | 嘿 Carrie, 等一下! |
[08:15] | Why? Did you want the chance to tell me how much you admired me for my brave stand? | 怎么? 你想要找个机会告诉我 你对我挺身而出多么敬佩么? |
[08:18] | I want to give you a chance to recant before I prove you’re lying. | 我想给你个机会,在我揭穿你之前,自己放弃 |
[08:21] | Why do you even care? | 你那么关心干吗? |
[08:23] | There aren’t many great teachers. Mr. Rooks is one of them. | 好老师不多. Rooks先生是其中一个 |
[08:26] | Yeah, if you can get past the part where he seduces his students. | 是,只要你忽略不计他引诱学生的事 |
[08:29] | Hey, Carrie, this is me: Veronica. I know you. | 嘿, Carrie, 我是Veronica. 我清楚你为人 |
[08:33] | You’re so naive. | 你太天真了 |
[08:35] | Yeah, that’s me… naive. | 唔,我就是… 天真 |
[08:38] | Mr. Rooks called your parents in for a parent-teacher conference last September. | Rooks先生去年九月叫来你父母开了师长会 |
[08:42] | Hardly seems like something an illicit boyfriend would do. | 一点不像一地下男友会做的事 |
[08:45] | Believe what you want. | 你爱信不信 |
[08:46] | Never cared what you thought of me before, no reason to start now. | 我从不在乎以前你怎么看我,现在也不会在意 |
[08:58] | Hey, sweetie. | 嘿,亲爱的 |
[09:00] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[09:00] | Hey, you know a teacher named Chuck Rooks? Teaches history? | 嘿, 你知道一个叫Chuck Rooks的老师么? 教历史的? |
[09:04] | Yeah, I’m in his class. | 唔,我在他班上 |
[09:05] | Oh, good, good. I want you to find out whatever you can about him. | 噢, 不错,不错. 我想你去查查关于他的一切 |
[09:09] | Why? | 为什么? |
[09:09] | Well, the parents of a girl named Carrie Bishop just hired us to investigate. | 唔, 一个叫Carrie Bishop的女孩的 父母刚聘请我们调查 |
[09:13] | Apparently, Carrie filed a sexual-harassment claim against him this afternoon. | 事实上,今天下午Carrie提交了 一份指控他性侵犯的文件 |
[09:17] | They want him fired. | 他们希望他被解雇 |
[09:20] | What’s wrong? | 有什么不对么? |
[09:29] | Calm down. What are you so upset about? | 冷静下来。什么让你这么不高兴? |
[09:31] | Mr. Rooks is an amazing teacher; one of the few good teachers at Neptune High. | Mr. Rooks 是个很棒的老师 海王星高中少有的好老师之一 |
[09:35] | And you’re just going to join the witch-hunt to get him fired? | 你居然刚刚加入了猎女巫的行动 想把他解雇? |
[09:38] | I’m just running a background check. I’m not organizing a stoning in the town square. | 我只是做个背景调查 我不是要在小镇广场立一个投石机 |
[09:42] | For the record, I can’t help you. I’ve already volunteered to work with him. | 正式告诉你,我不能帮你 我已经自愿和他协作 |
[09:46] | You know how I dread going to that school every day? | 你知道每天我多不想去上学? |
[09:49] | His class is one of the few things that I look forward to. | 他的课是极少数让我有个盼头的 |
[09:52] | Well, I’m sorry. This is my business, honey. | 好,我很抱歉,但这是我的工作,亲爱的 |
[09:54] | It’s what I do. Besides, the girl deserves to be heard. | 我就是干这个的。再说 那个女孩的声音也应当被听见 |
[09:57] | No, actually, she doesn’t. | 不,事实上,她不应当 |
[09:59] | She’s a liar and a gossip and a manipulator. | 她是个骗子,造谣者和操纵者 |
[10:01] | – What makes you think that? – I just do. | – 你怎么会这么想? – 我就是这么想 |
[10:04] | Well, I can’t drop a case based on a feeling you have. I’m sorry. | 唉,我不能因为你的感觉就不接案子。抱歉 |
[10:08] | Fine. | 算了 |
[10:10] | You can answer your own phone. | 你的电话,你自己接吧 |
[10:15] | – I’m surprised I lasted as long as I did. – I know. | – 我惊讶我居然持续了那么久 – 是啊 |
[10:18] | I mean, of all of the girls in the school Duncan could have gone out with… Veronica Mars? | 学校里有这么多姑娘,Duncan可以选的 …居然是Veronica Mars? |
[10:23] | I mean, how insane is that? | 这简直是疯了? |
[10:25] | – He’s out of his mind. – That’s for sure. | – 他脑子坏了 – 那是肯定的 |
[10:27] | She really got her claws into him. | 她肯定向他伸出魔爪 |
[10:30] | You know, I actually sort of feel sorry for the guy. | 我简直有点为他遗憾 |
[10:32] | You know all she’s after is his money. | 她要的只是他的钱 |
[10:34] | No, I mean, he’s literally crazy. Like looney-bin crazy. | 不,我意思是他真的有点疯,像是发狂了 |
[10:37] | What are you talking about? | 你在说些什么? |
[10:38] | You know how Brian’s brother is a resident at the hospital? | 你知道Brian的兄弟是医院的病人? |
[10:41] | Brian told Ashley that last week, Duncan was brought in kicking and screaming, | Brian告诉Ashley上星期Duncan又踢又尖叫地 被带进医院 |
[10:45] | foaming at the mouth, calling out Veronica’s name. | 口吐白沫,还叫着Veronica的名字 |
[10:48] | It took like three orderlies to get him in a straight jacket. | 要三个勤杂工,才给他换上了干净的外套 |
[10:51] | Come on! | 你算了吧! |
[10:52] | That’s what I heard. | 我就听到这些 |
[11:00] | Carrie Bishop and Susan Knight. Go figure. | Carrie Bishop和Susan Knight. 真会编造 |
[11:12] | We should do this more often. | 我们应该多练练 |
[11:15] | Thank you, detective. | 谢了,侦探 |
[11:19] | That’s her. | 就是她 |
[11:22] | Down, boy. Relax, I’ve got it covered. | 别动, 男孩. 放松, 我有便衣等着 |
[11:27] | White trash walking. | 穷白人走出来了 |
[11:30] | I know, gadgets and all. | 我知道,小道具,小伎俩 |
[11:35] | Ms. Stanton. Cliff McCormack from “Weekly World News.” | Stanton女士 “世界新闻周刊”的Cliff McCormack |
[11:38] | My boss is very interested in your story. | 我老板对你的故事很感兴趣 |
[11:41] | Are we talking an exclusive, or what? ‘Cause I’m getting lots of offers. | 是独家新闻么?我可有很多采访 |
[11:44] | Definitely an exclusive. | 绝对独家 |
[11:45] | Well, what’s the offer? | 那么,报酬怎么样? |
[11:47] | It depends on what you’ve got. Did she look intoxicated, drugged up, bruised? | 那要看你有些什么了 她看上去是喝醉了、磕药了,被打伤了? |
[11:52] | If you’d like, sure. | 只要你喜欢,怎样都行 |
[11:54] | So, what?! You couldn’t get on “Springer” this week, so you make lies up about my mom? | 是怎样?! 你上不了这个星期的 “蹦跳的人” 就来诽谤我妈妈? |
[11:59] | You know, I am sure the trailer payments must be high. | 你知道我清楚追踪器花费很高 |
[12:02] | – And what with the high price of spam these days– – Okay, enough. | – 这些天来兜售广告,也花费不菲吧– – 好了, 够了 |
[12:08] | Thanks, Cliff. You’re the best. | 谢谢, Cliff. 你是最棒的 |
[12:11] | If by “best” you mean “willing.” You owe me one, kid. | “最好的”,你要是指“心甘情愿” 那你欠我一次,孩子 |
[12:19] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[12:21] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[12:24] | I have to take care of something. I’ll be like two seconds. Stay calm. | 我要处理点事,两秒钟就好。保持冷静 |
[12:28] | Finding out what that woman is about is good news. | 查出那女人要什么,是好消息 |
[12:36] | Deputy… | 副警长… |
[12:38] | What do you want, Veronica? | 你又想怎样, Veronica? |
[12:39] | A chance to explain. | 一个解释的机会 |
[12:40] | What’s to explain? You used me. I get it. | 有什么好解释的? 你利用了我,我明白了 |
[12:43] | Lilly Kane was my best friend. | Lilly Kane 是我最好的朋友 |
[12:45] | Listen, I know all about your dad and the murder investigation– | 听着, 你爸和谋杀调查,我都知道了– |
[12:48] | No, you don’t. You know the story that everyone else knows. | 不,你不知道. 你知道的,只是所有人知道的故事 |
[12:51] | A guy confessed. He said he did it. | 有人认罪了. 他说是他做的 |
[12:54] | Did you know that the head of security at Kane Software was the one | 你知道Kane软件公司的保安长就是那个 |
[12:58] | that made the tip call that got Abel Koontz arrested? | 打了秘密电话,使得Abel Koontz 被捕的人? |
[13:01] | Did you know that your own crime-scene photos make it impossible for Abel | 你知道你自己的犯罪现场照片 证明Abel不可能 |
[13:05] | to have left the Kane house with a pair of Lilly’s shoes that they found on his houseboat? | 穿着Lilly的鞋子离开Kane家房子 这双鞋在他的船屋被发现? |
[13:09] | Did you know there’s a traffic ticket that proves that Lilly’s time of death is three hours off? | 你知道有一张交通罚单证明Lilly死亡 时间应推迟三小时? |
[13:13] | How do you know all this? | 你怎么知道这些的? |
[13:14] | I know all of this because I have done everything I could to get to the truth… | 我知道这些是因为我尽全力去发现真相… |
[13:19] | including using you. And I’m really sorry about that. | 包括利用了你。对此我真的很抱歉 |
[13:23] | But I used you, then fell for you, not the other way around. | 虽然我利用了你,但之后爱上了你 并不是反过来的次序 |
[13:28] | You fell for me? | 你爱上我了? |
[13:42] | Hello? | 哈罗? |
[13:50] | Hey, Veronica… | 嘿, Veronica… |
[13:53] | Uh, come on in. Meet my daughter, Olivia. | 啊, 请进. 见见我女儿, Olivia. |
[14:04] | Hi, Olivia. | 嗨, Olivia. |
[14:06] | I’m one of your dad’s students, Veronica. | 我是你爸的学生, Veronica. |
[14:09] | She must be going through a shy phase. | 她一定在经历害羞的时期 |
[14:11] | No, not really. She’s usually pretty gregarious. | 不,不是这样。她通常挺爱交际的 |
[14:13] | She must really dislike you. | 她一定很不喜欢你 |
[14:16] | There’s a club she can join. | 那她有一个俱乐部可以加入了 |
[14:17] | Sweetie, why don’t you go finish your coloring. I’ll come in and join you, okay? | 亲爱的, 你去完成涂色怎么样 我一会就来加入,好么? |
[14:27] | There you go. | 你去吧. |
[14:32] | She’s adorable. | 她很可爱 |
[14:33] | Well, if you get past her megalomania and reactionary politics… | 唔,要是你忽略她自大狂和反动政治的话… |
[14:37] | I get her on the weekends. My ex-wife has her during the week. | 我周末和她一起. 工作日我前妻带她 |
[14:41] | I’m sorry to intrude on your weekend. | 抱歉我打扰了你们的周末 |
[14:43] | Oh, no problem. What’s on your mind? | 哦,没关系。你想到什么了? |
[14:45] | A few months ago, you called a parent-teacher conference with Carrie’s parents? | 几个星期前, 你和Carrie的父母开了个师长会? |
[14:50] | – How would you know that? – I can’t reveal my sources. | – 这你怎么会知道? – 我不能透露消息来源 |
[14:52] | Uh… Veronica, I appreciate your offer of help. It’s very generous. | 唔… Veronica,我很感激你帮忙 这很慷慨 |
[14:58] | But I really think this is an adult matter. | 不过我真的觉得这是大人的事 |
[15:00] | Right now, Carrie’s parents have a private investigator running a background check on you. | 现在, Carrie的父母请了私家侦探 调查你的背景 |
[15:04] | There’s going to be a hearing. | 将会有一个听证会 |
[15:06] | If the school board believes Carrie’s allegations, you’ll never teach again. | 如果校董相信Carrie的控诉,你再不能教书了 |
[15:10] | Her parents came to see me about her grades. I gave her a “C” on her midterm paper. | 她父母为了她成绩来见我 期中考试我给了她个C |
[15:14] | She thought it was unfair that the black mark on her transcript would keep her out of Cornell. | 她觉得这不公正 成绩单上这个污点将使她不能升入康奈尔大学 |
[15:19] | Do you suppose that’s why she’s after you — spoiling her Ivy League dreams? | 你觉得她是为此针对你么 — 破坏了她上常春藤联盟学校的梦想? |
[15:22] | Honestly, I couldn’t tell you. | 说实话,我也不清楚 |
[15:24] | Do you have anyone representing you at the school board hearing? | 校董听证会上,你有谁能代表你么? |
[15:26] | Mmm, faculty union rep. | 唔, 校职工会代表 |
[15:28] | Who’s that? | 是谁? |
[15:29] | You’re looking at him. | 就是我自己 |
[15:38] | Any messages? | 有谁来电? |
[15:46] | Veronica… I know you admire this guy, | Veronica… 我知道你敬重这个人 |
[15:49] | and I encourage you to stand up for your convictions when you think you’re right. | 我也鼓励你在坚持自己正确时 为你确信的事挺身而出 |
[15:53] | But Rooks is a bad egg and I don’t want you getting hurt when the whole story comes out. | 但Rooks是个坏蛋 我不希望事情大白于天下时,你受到伤害 |
[15:56] | I’m sorry. I believe him. | 抱歉,我相信他 |
[15:58] | Carrie kept a very detailed diary of her affair with him. | Carrie的日记,详细记录了两人交往经过 |
[16:01] | It’s full of times and dates. | 全是时间和日期 |
[16:03] | She recorded the very date of a weekend she spent in a hotel with him when her parents were out of town. | 她记录一个周末,乘她父母外出时 他俩在旅馆的事 |
[16:08] | She writes about him taking her to a fancy restaurant in San Diego | 她写他带她She去San Diego的豪华餐厅吃饭 |
[16:12] | after she won the District Extemporaneous Speaking Competition. | 在她赢得地区即兴演讲比赛后 |
[16:15] | So? That doesn’t prove anything. | 那又怎样? 这什么也证明不了 |
[16:18] | I could write down that I met Kid Rock every weekend at the Hedonism Lodge | 我可以写 我每个周末都在快乐主义旅店和Kid Rock约会 |
[16:22] | for sensual massage and smoothies, but that doesn’t make it true! | 并色情按摩,但这不是真的! |
[16:25] | I did a cross check of Rooks’ credit card history. | 我查询了Rooks的信用卡记录 |
[16:30] | The charges match Carrie’s diary. | 支出和Carrie的日记符合 |
[16:33] | She could have followed him. | 她可以跟踪他 |
[16:35] | Sweetie, it’s very specific. | 亲爱的, 记录很确切 |
[16:38] | And I don’t want you seeing Kid Rock. | 还有,我不希望你和Kid Rock约会 |
[16:48] | Dr. Levine’s office. | Levine医生办公室 |
[16:49] | Hi, this is Veronica Mars. I was wondering if I could get in to see the doctor sometime this week? | 嗨, 我是Veronica Mars 我能不能在这周什么时候约医生就诊? |
[16:54] | End of the day would be best. | 一天的晚些时候最好不过 |
[16:56] | I have band practice after school. | 我在放学后有乐队练习 |
[16:58] | – How’s 5:00? – 5:00 is great. Thanks. | – 5:00怎样? – 5:00 很好. 谢谢 |
[17:04] | I’m no doctor,but I’m pretty sure Penicillin will clear that problem right up. | 我不是医生 不过我很肯定盘尼西林就能立即解决问题 |
[17:09] | Can’t say I was expecting you. | 没想到你回来 |
[17:12] | Yeah. Yeah, I usually avoid buildings with stained glass. | 啊.是, 玻璃脏兮兮的房子,我通常不进的 |
[17:16] | That’s why you haven’t come to visit. | 怪不得你从没来过 |
[17:20] | There’s a woman who saw my mom get out of her car and get in a van with a mysterious stranger. | 有个女人看见我妈从她轿车出来 跟一个神秘陌生人进了辆货车 |
[17:25] | There’s also a jungle tribe that worships Donald Trump’s hair. It’s a tabloid. | 也有报道,一丛林部落膜拜Donald Trump的毛 小报纸乱写的 |
[17:30] | So the girl with the pig arm can’t really bowl? | 那么那个有着猪蹄的女孩子其实不能投球? |
[17:34] | I just don’t want you to get your hopes up. | 我只不过不想你抱太高的期望 |
[17:36] | I’m not paying you to worry about my hopes. | 我付你钱,不是让你为我的期望担忧 |
[17:39] | I’m paying you to follow leads. | 我付你钱是为了找线索 |
[17:41] | I wasn’t aware you were paying me. | 你付我钱么,我怎么不知道 |
[17:42] | This isn’t a favor, it’s a job, you know. I mean, we’re not exchanging friendship bracelets. | 这不是帮忙, 这是工作 我们不是在交换友情手镯 |
[17:46] | I’ll stop braiding. | 那我不用编织手镯了 |
[17:47] | The woman said my mom was laughing and having fun. | 那女人说我妈妈大笑,很开心 |
[17:53] | And so do whatever it is you do and track her down. | 请尽你所能找到她 |
[17:56] | Sondra Bolan of Sunset Springs. | 日落泉的Sondra Bolan |
[17:59] | How am I going to find her? | 我怎么找到她呢? |
[18:05] | In Sunset Springs. Sondra Bolan. | 在日落泉. Sondra Bolan. |
[18:10] | I’ll put it on your bill. | 我会记在你帐上的 |
[18:13] | Hi, Sondra. This is Veronica of “The National Instigator.” | 嗨, Sondra. 我是“国家鼓动报”的Veronica |
[18:17] | I had a few follow-up questions on your Lynn Echolls story. | 关于你Lynn Echolls的故事 我想提几个后续问题 |
[18:21] | Actually, in person is a lot better. | 实际上,私下访问好很多 |
[18:25] | No, Tuesday night’s no good — newspaper work night. | 不,周二晚上不行– 报社工作到很晚 |
[18:28] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么? |
[18:29] | Any chance you’re available right now? | 你现在可有空? |
[18:34] | So I’m not sure how much you were paid for the last interview, but– | 我不知道前个采访付给你多少钱, 但– |
[18:38] | Oh, I wasn’t paid. I thought people should know the truth | 哦, 我没收钱. 我想人们应该知道真相 |
[18:42] | with that woman lying on every talk show. | 那个女人在每个脱口秀上撒谎 |
[18:46] | So is there anything else you remember? | 那你还能记得其他的事么? |
[18:48] | The model of the van? Maybe a piece of the license plate? | 货车的型号? 或者车牌的一部分? |
[18:52] | Honestly, I was just so excited to see Lynn. | 说真的, 我看到Lynn太兴奋了 |
[18:55] | I thought they were filming a movie or something. | 我以为他们在拍电影 |
[18:59] | Have you ever seen Lynn Echolls before? | 你以前见过Lynn Echolls么? |
[19:02] | Once. The premiere of “Delta Blue Bombers.” | 一次,”蓝色轰炸机三角洲”的首映式 |
[19:05] | She was on the red carpet with Aaron. | 她跟Aaron站在红地毯上 |
[19:07] | I must have seen that movie a hundred times. | 那部电影我大概看了上百遍 |
[19:10] | A hundred times? | 上百遍? |
[19:11] | I can check if you want. | 我可以数给你看 |
[19:18] | So the van… in the interview, you said the van was blue? | 那辆货车… 在访问中,你说是蓝色的? |
[19:21] | It was the van from “The Pursuit of Happiness.” The exact van. | 就是”追溯快乐”里的货车, 就是那辆 |
[19:25] | You mean the exact model? | 你指同一型号么? |
[19:26] | No, the actual van from the movie. | 不,就是电影里的那一辆 |
[19:30] | Lynn and Aaron met on the set of “The Pursuit of Happiness,” you know. | Lynn和Aaron 相识在”追溯快乐”的片场 你知道么 |
[19:33] | They were so young then. | 那时候他们多么年轻 |
[19:36] | I don’t know why anyone could ever think she’d kill herself. | 真不懂怎么会有人认为她会自杀 |
[19:40] | She is the luckiest woman in the world. | 她是世上最幸运的女人 |
[19:43] | Excuse me. | 失陪 |
[19:50] | I would have done the same thing. | 要是我,也会这么做的 |
[19:52] | Done what? | 做什么? |
[19:53] | If it was my mother, I would have let myself believe that story. | 如果是我母亲, 我也会骗自己相信那个故事 |
[20:01] | Hey, manners, Opie! | 嘿,礼貌, 小鬼! |
[20:03] | What, did he lose a puka shell? | 怎么, 他刚丢了个普克珠贝么? |
[20:06] | No… | 不是… |
[20:08] | just the last ounce of hope that his mother was still alive. | 刚丢失他妈妈还活着的最后一点希望 |
[20:20] | Is that lasagna I smell? | 我闻到的是卤汁味么? |
[20:23] | Keith Mars’ secret recipe. | Keith Mars的秘密配方 |
[20:25] | You double the cheese. Your secret is out. | 你把奶酪加倍了,你早没秘密了 |
[20:29] | You’re making salad? | 你在做沙拉么? |
[20:32] | I know pity cooking when I see it. | 我就知道是怜悯烹饪 |
[20:35] | There must be more bad news. | 肯定有更多的坏消息 |
[20:38] | Maybe we should wait ’til after dinner, huh? | 也许我们该等到晚饭后再说,啊? |
[20:41] | Spill it. I promise I won’t let it ruin my appetite. | 说出来吧. 我保证不会让它坏了胃口 |
[20:45] | Rooks was fired from his last job at a private school. | Rooks上一份在私立学校的工作是被解雇的 |
[20:50] | His file is sealed, but the complaint came from the parents of two girls. | 他的档案封存了 但是来自两个女孩的父母对他控诉 |
[20:58] | – I want to see Carrie’s journal. – You know I can’t let you. | – 我要看Carrie的日记 – 你知道我不会给你的 |
[21:05] | There better be dessert. | 那你最好再做甜点 |
[21:08] | If I’m going to save Mr. Rooks’ job, I have to get my hands on this supposed diary. | 我要是想挽救Rooks先生的工作 我就要拿到那本所谓的日记 |
[21:20] | Unfortunately, dad’s changed the combination. | 惨的是,老爸把保险箱的密码变掉了 |
[21:24] | It’s the rare individual who chooses meaningless numbers as a combination. | 极少人用无意义的数字作为密码 |
[21:28] | He taught me that. | 老爸教我的 |
[21:31] | Nine times out of ten, an individual will select numbers that mean something — | 十有八九,会选择有意义的数字 — |
[21:35] | birthdays, anniversaries, addresses. | 生日啦,纪念日啦,地址 |
[21:40] | Of course, dad is smarter than that. | 当然,老爸要再高明些 |
[21:43] | You wouldn’t believe the number of people who keep the combination written down on a post-it, | 你不会相信有这么多人都把密码写在便条纸上 |
[21:47] | or tacked to a bulletin board, or scribbled on a birthday page of their page-a-day calendar. | 钉在公告牌上 或是写在日程本上的某一生日页上 |
[21:53] | Somehow, I doubt dad’s that careless. | 可我猜,老爸就是这么粗心的人 |
[21:59] | Then again, he’ll be glad to know how much I’ve soaked up listening to him. | 又是一次,他将感到很高兴 知道我从听他教导中,学到这么多 |
[22:10] | And what do we have here? | 看看找到了什么? |
[22:29] | I suspect there’s also a lesson to be learned here. | 我想这里又能学到一课 |
[22:39] | Hey, honey. What have you been up to? | 嘿,亲爱的,你刚干了什么啊? |
[22:43] | Tell me where to put your “Father of the Year” trophy. | 告诉我你把 “年度父亲” 奖杯放哪里了. |
[22:46] | ‘Cause there’s some place I’d like to put it. | 因为我想要把它放在某个地方 |
[22:48] | Wow. Good thing I didn’t go with a bear trap. | 哇. 还好我没有设计一个捕熊陷阱 |
[22:52] | This is not funny. | 这不好玩 |
[22:54] | I need to see that diary. She’s lying. I know it. | 我要见到那日记,她在说谎,我知道的 |
[22:57] | I can feel it with every fiber of my being. | 我身上每根纤维都能感觉得到 |
[22:59] | Honey, you don’t have to get all blue in the face. | 亲爱的, 你也不用搞得一脸蓝色 |
[23:01] | You’re patronizing me? | 你现在以我恩人自居了? |
[23:02] | To be fair, I am your patron. | 说实话, 我就是你的资助人 |
[23:05] | The Bishops are going to use your credit card research and that diary | Bishop 一家将用信用卡调查结果和日记 |
[23:08] | to prove the two of them were together. | 来证明他俩是在一起的 |
[23:10] | Just give me the dates and times — I don’t have to read the diary. | 我只要日期和时间– 我不用看日记 |
[23:14] | Do you want to be responsible for taking a good man down? | 你难道想负责任,把一个好人打垮? |
[23:16] | Destroying his reputation? | 毁掉他的名声? |
[23:19] | Can you possibly relate? | 你能不能就讲一下? |
[23:22] | Dates and times — that’s it. | 日期和时间 — 我只要这个 |
[23:35] | If you’re looking for my trophy, it’s back by auto shop. | 你要是在找我的奖杯, 它在汽车商店里 |
[23:38] | Lube job? Or can you medal in stealing hubcaps? | 润滑工么? 还是你因偷轮毂罩而得奖? |
[23:42] | Is this 1970? Rims, baby. | 现在是1970? 轮胎, 宝贝 |
[23:45] | So you got a trophy for a rim job? | 所以你换轮胎得奖? |
[23:47] | Forget it. I got some information for you. | 算了吧. 我有些消息给你 |
[23:50] | Finally, a Deep Throat to call my own. | 终于, 可以召集我自己的深喉了 |
[23:53] | I’m not going to touch that one. Uh, I hear this freshman kid’s been shooting his mouth off | 我可不想碰那个。 嗯, 我听见一个新生小毛孩儿说他要保持沉默 |
[23:57] | that he’s got proof that Lynn Echolls jumped and he’s gonna make millions. | 关于他有Lynn Echolls 跳下的证据 他要据此赚一大笔钱 |
[24:01] | Who’s the kid? | 那个小毛孩? |
[24:02] | Do you want me to find out? | 你要我去找出来么? |
[24:03] | Do you even have to ask? | 还需要问么? |
[24:07] | – Can I ask you something? – Shoot. | – 能问你个事么? – 当然. |
[24:10] | Why were you fired from your last job? | 上一份工作你因为什么被解雇? |
[24:13] | – How on earth do you know– – I just do. | – 你怎么会知道的– – 我就是知道了. |
[24:15] | Wow. Maybe I should give more credence to the teacher’s lounge gossip. | 哇. 也许我该多相信些老师在休息间的闲话 |
[24:20] | Colleagues said you were… | 同事们说你… |
[24:24] | unique… | 独特… |
[24:27] | gifted… | 有才华… |
[24:31] | unsettling. | 使人不安 |
[24:31] | I was hoping for delightful, but what can you do. | 我还在期望是令人愉悦, 但无可奈何 |
[24:37] | So… | 那… |
[24:39] | My firing… yeah. | 我被解雇… 是啊 |
[24:42] | It was an all-girls school on the conservative side. | 那是保守地区的女校 |
[24:45] | I had the temerity to suggest U.S. Imperialism wasn’t necessarily a good thing. | 我大胆提出美帝国主义不全是好的 他们认为我要把他们的女儿变成带着莓子 抽着丁香的小小布尔什维克党 |
[24:57] | – Were you? – Nyet! | – 你是准备么? – 不! |
[25:00] | That’s it? | 就是这样? |
[25:01] | Well, that, and I was driving an ’89 Harley. Didn’t really endear me to the administration. | 嗯, 那个, 我开一辆’89 Harley车 也让不讨管理部门喜欢 |
[25:09] | Thanks, Mr. Rooks. | 谢谢, Rooks先生 |
[25:11] | Do svidaniya, Veronica. | 不客气, Veronica. |
[25:17] | I’m giving you another chance. Drop the complaint against Mr. Rooks. | 我再给你次机会。放弃对Rooks先生的指控 |
[25:21] | Yeah. I remember when I was in love with him, too. | 是啊. 我也记得我迷恋他的时候 |
[25:24] | Did you ever consider that I just really dislike you? | 你有没有想过我真的不喜欢你? |
[25:27] | Wow, does that mean you won’t be signing my yearbook? | 哇, 你是说你不会帮我的年鉴签名了么? |
[25:30] | You’re still in Mr. Rooks’ class. You must not be too shook up. | 你还在Rooks先生班上. 别太过分了. |
[25:34] | I need his class to graduate. | 我要通过他的课才能毕业 |
[25:36] | And he’ll be the one leaving… soon. | 他将是要走的那个人…很快 |
[25:38] | All this because he gave you a “C” on your paper? You’d destroy him? | 都是因为他给你考试一个”C” ? 你就要毁了他? |
[25:42] | Destroy him? | 毁了他? |
[25:43] | From where I stand, he’s become more popular than ever. I’m the bitch that everyone hates. | 在我看起来, 他是变得更受欢迎了 而我成了人人都厌恶的婊子 |
[25:48] | Are you interested in details, Veronica? | 你想知道细节么, Veronica? |
[25:50] | Can I help enrich your fantasy life? | 我能为丰富你的幻想生活,出份力? |
[25:52] | He says “baby” a lot when he touches you. | 他在触摸你时,说很多”宝贝” |
[25:54] | His sheets are black, silk. | 他的床单是黑色, 真丝 |
[25:56] | His mood music is side two of the Rolling Stones’ “Tattoo You.” | 他的情调音乐是滚石 “为你纹身” 专辑的第二面 |
[26:00] | He’ll tear up as he tells you the story of his ex-wife leaving him. | 他在告诉你前妻离他而去的故事时 会哭得很惨 |
[26:03] | You’ll turn to jelly. | 你会被他融化 |
[26:05] | Yeah, I have that same “Sweet Valley High” book. | 是,我也有一本 “甜蜜小镇高中” 的书 |
[26:09] | You said you spent the night in a hotel with Mr. Rooks on April 23, | 你说你在四月二十三日,和Rooks先生在旅店过的夜 |
[26:12] | but there’s a problem with that story, isn’t there? | 这个故事有个漏洞,不是么? |
[26:14] | Why don’t you tell me? It’s obvious you’re dying to. | 你干么不告诉我呢? 明显你拼命地想知道 |
[26:18] | All right. The problem with that story is that you were at an overnight track meet in Sacramento that weekend. | 好. 这个故事的漏洞是那个周末 你参加了萨科拉曼多的通宵田径运动会 |
[26:25] | You were part of the winning 1,600-meter relay. | 你是1,600-米接力冠军的一员 |
[26:29] | People say you’re fast. | 人们都说你跑得很快 |
[26:41] | Sorry to keep you waiting. I’m always busy at the end of the day. | 抱歉让你久等了. 一天最后一段时间我最忙了 |
[26:44] | Those sniffles — probably just light allergies, not uncommon. | 流鼻涕 — 可能是轻微的过敏,常见的 |
[26:49] | So I can put my shirt back on? | 我能穿上衣服了么? |
[26:50] | Uh, sure. Yes, of course. | 嗯, 当然. 是的, 当然. |
[26:56] | One problem with doctors, besides their fetish for making you wait half-naked in cold rooms, | 医生们的问题 除了硬要你在很冷的房间里穿得很少等待外 |
[27:01] | is they won’t just let you ransack their files, even if you ask real nice. | 他们也不会让你掠夺他们的档案 即使你很有礼貌地请求 |
[27:06] | So someone like me has to resort to methods the insurance companies would probably not support. | 所以我这种人只好求助于保险公司不支持的方法 |
[27:13] | – Good night, Nancy. – Good night. | – 晚安, Nancy – 晚安 |
[27:52] | Okay, yes, I am petite, and it does come in handy every now and then. | 啊, 好吧, 我是很娇小, 这有时给我很多便利 |
[28:25] | I’m generally pretty cool with coincidence, but when Abel Koontz turns out to share a doctor with the Kanes, | 对于巧合我通常处理得不错 但当Abel Koontz 和Kanes一家是同一个医生时 |
[28:30] | that’s too much for me to ignore, even if it means getting caught. | 我无法不去注意, 即使我会因此被抓住 |
[28:35] | Wha–? | 怎–? |
[28:37] | Is the doctor here? ‘Cause I’ve been sitting for like an hour. | 医生在么? 因为我已经等了又一个小时了 |
[28:42] | This experience has ruined me. | 这件事快把我毁了 |
[28:47] | I mean, the stories in the newspaper. | 像是报纸上登的故事 |
[28:49] | My peers in the faculty lounge stop talking when I enter. | 在职工休息室的同僚看见我进去,就不再谈话 |
[28:55] | Mr. Rooks, do you have any guess why Miss Bishop would file this grievance? | Rooks先生 你能猜想Bishop小姐为什么会递呈这份控诉? |
[29:03] | Carrie is a solid “B” student in my class. | Carrie 在我班上是”B” 等级的学生 |
[29:08] | She made it very clear she needed an “A”… | 她说得明白她要一个”A”… |
[29:14] | but the work just didn’t merit it. | 但她的功课得不了 |
[29:18] | My dad left my mom last year, | 去年我爸爸离开了我妈妈 |
[29:21] | and I was pretty lost. | 我感到很失落 |
[29:25] | Mr. Rooks started giving me rides home from our mock U.N. Meetings, | Rooks先生开始在模拟联合国会后载我回家 |
[29:29] | and we’d just talk. He said that we had a lot in common, | 我们只是说说话. 他说我们有很多共同点 |
[29:32] | that we’d both been abandoned by people we thought loved us because of his wife. | 因为他妻子的事,他说我们都被曾爱过的人抛弃了 |
[29:38] | At first we just kissed, | 刚开始我们只是接吻 |
[29:41] | but… it went beyond that. | 但… 后来发生了更多 |
[29:45] | When I told him I thought I might be pregnant, he just blew me off. | 当我告诉他,我可能怀孕时,他抛弃了我 |
[29:48] | When I saw him flirting with other girls, I just decided, | 但我看到他跟别的女孩调情时,我下决心 |
[29:52] | “I guess this is what he does.” | “这就是他的为人.” |
[29:55] | And I couldn’t let him get away with it again. | 我不会让他再次逃脱 |
[29:57] | These are very serious charges, Carrie. | 这是非常严重的控诉, Carrie |
[30:00] | Is there any proof you can offer beyond your testimony? | 除了你的证此外,你还能提供其他的证据么? |
[30:07] | He sent me text messages all the time. | 他一直给我发短信 |
[30:10] | April 9th: “Let’s meet for tutoring. Clothing optional.” | 四月九日: “见面辅导功课吧. 穿不穿衣服随你.” |
[30:15] | April 14th: “I miss your scent. Call me.” | 四月十四日: “我想念你的味道. 给我电话.” |
[30:20] | April 29th: “come to school without your underwear. You’ll be rewarded.” | 四月二十九日: “来学校别穿内衣 你会被奖励的.” |
[30:34] | They’re addressed to “S.K.” | 它们是发给 “S.K.”的 |
[30:37] | He used to call me “Sweet Knees.” | 他以前叫我 “甜蜜膝盖” |
[30:39] | He always wanted me to wear knee socks. | 他一直要我穿及膝袜子 |
[30:41] | I’m not sure we have proof that Mr. Rooks actually sent you these messages. | 我不认为有证据Rooks先生真的给你发了这些短信 |
[30:46] | Hit the call-back button there. | 按这里的回拨键 |
[31:02] | Mr. Clemmons, can I borrow your cell for a minute? | Clemmons先生, 我能借你手机一小会儿么? |
[31:05] | My car broke down in the parking lot. | 我的车在停车场坏了 |
[31:19] | Mr. Clemmons, what can you tell us about your interaction with Mr. Rooks that might be relevant? | Clemmons先生, 通过你和Rooks先生的互动 你能告诉我们有关他的情况么? |
[31:26] | Well, he’s a very popular teacher. | 嗯, 他是很受欢迎的老师 |
[31:28] | The student body has voted him “best teacher” three of the four years he’s been with us. | 他在我们这里工作的四年中 有三年被学生评为 “最佳老师” |
[31:32] | Thank you, Mr. Clemmons. | 谢谢你, Clemmons先生 |
[31:34] | Um, Mrs. Fuller, if I may? | 唔, Fuller女士, 能允许我? |
[31:42] | Could I ask you to get out your own cell phone and, uh, check the messages? | 能不能请你拿出手机,唔,检查一下短信? |
[31:55] | Now check and see if you have messages. | 现在检查下看看有没有新的信息 |
[31:58] | I have three new messages. | 我有三条新短信 |
[32:00] | Can you read them out loud? | 能读出来么? |
[32:02] | The first one says, “true pirates share their booty.” | 第一条说, “真正的海盗会共享战利品.” |
[32:07] | The second, “I’ll be your little spoon.” | 第二条, “我愿做你的小汤匙.” |
[32:12] | And finally, “vice principals make the best lovers.” | 最后一条, “副校长可以是最好的情人.” |
[32:17] | Mind hitting redial? | 介意回拨一下么? |
[32:28] | I think we have to conclude that either the two of you are having an affair… | 我想我们可以总结,要么你俩之间有暧昧关系… |
[32:35] | or that it’s extremely easy to create false text messages on someone’s cellphone. | 要么在某人手机上制造虚假消息是极其容易的 |
[32:50] | In a situation like we have here today, the burden of proof is on the accuser. | 从我们今天的情况看,需要控方举证 |
[32:56] | We find no conclusive evidence to substantiate the claim that these alleged encounters ever happened. | 我们没有决定性的证据能证实声称的事件曾经发生 |
[33:04] | Mr. Rooks will continue on as a teacher at this school. | Rooks先生将继续在此校担任老师 |
[33:17] | You didn’t have to come all the way over here. | 你不用走这么长的路过来 |
[33:19] | I know, but I felt really stupid getting out of there with your phone. | 可我真觉得好傻,带着你手机走了 |
[33:23] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[33:24] | Well, I appreciate you hooking me up with password protection. | 唔,你要是能帮我想一个开机密码,太感激了 |
[33:28] | That’s what I do. | 我就是干这个的 |
[33:29] | Hey, you want some pizza? It just got delivered. | 嘿,你要吃披萨么?刚刚送来的 |
[33:32] | They had a two-for-one deal. I’m swimming in it. | 他们有个买一送一的优惠. 吃也吃不完 |
[33:35] | Um… one slice. I have this newspaper work night thing. | 唔…一片就好了. 我还要做报纸的晚工 |
[33:43] | Nice. You must have a gay friend. | 真不错. 你一定有个同性恋朋友 |
[33:47] | No, I literally duplicated a page from the “Z Gallery” catalog. | 不, 事实上我是从”Z 画廊” 商品目录的一页里复制来的 |
[33:52] | Something to drink? | 喝点什么? |
[33:53] | Whatever you’re having. | 什么都行 |
[33:54] | Diet anything is good. | 无糖的,什么都好 |
[33:56] | – Can I use your bathroom? – Sure, down the hall. | – 能用下你厕所么? – 当然,在走廊底. |
[34:14] | Is that Mick Jagger? | 那是Mick Jagger么? |
[34:21] | I have to get back to the journalism room. Rain check on the pizza? | 我必须要赶回杂志室了. 下次再吃披萨? |
[34:26] | Absolutely. | 完全没问题 |
[34:27] | See you tomorrow. | 明天见 |
[34:29] | Best way to stop wondering if your favorite teacher was trying to lure you between his black silk sheets? | 想要停止胡思乱想 最爱的老师是不是在他黑色真丝床单间诱惑你? |
[34:35] | Research the mystery condition that’s causing your ex-boyfriend | 就要调查是什么神秘的境况让你的前男友 |
[34:38] | and possible half brother to take Oxcarbazepine. | 可能的同母异父兄弟服用 Oxcarbazepine |
[34:42] | Hmm… it’s a drug used to treat type 4 epilepsy. | 唔… 这是一种治疗四型癫痫症的药物 |
[34:46] | Symptoms include hysterical, violent, emotional fits that can’t be controlled | 症状包括歇斯底里,暴力的,情绪性 无法控制的痉挛 |
[34:50] | and are often are accompanied by complete blackouts and loss of memory. | 还常常伴随完全的失去知觉和记忆丧失 |
[34:54] | Whatcha doing? | 你在干吗呢? |
[34:56] | Google-ing myself. | 在Google查我自己. |
[34:59] | Like I’m the first. | 貌似我第一个这么做的 |
[35:01] | Find out anything interesting? | 找到什么好玩的? |
[35:04] | There’s a Veronica Mars in Vermont who sells pinecone porcupines. | 在佛蒙特州有个Veronica Mars卖松果豪猪 |
[35:15] | Do you know where we keep last year’s newspapers? | 你知道去年的报纸我们放哪儿了? |
[35:17] | In the supply cabinet. Why? | 在补给橱里. 怎么了? |
[35:19] | I want to see who won last year’s District Extemporaneous Speaking Competition. | 我想知道谁赢了去年的地区即兴演讲比赛 |
[35:25] | Okay… | 行… |
[35:28] | Why? | 为什么? |
[35:29] | I want to know if the winner had sweet knees. | 我想知道那个冠军是不是有甜蜜的膝盖 |
[35:35] | I give up. | 我投降 |
[35:46] | – What city? – Neptune. | – 那个城市? – 海王星 |
[35:48] | I need a listing for the Knight family. | 我需要Knight家的清单 |
[35:50] | – Ninth street? – Is there more than one? | – 第五大街的? – 还有其他姓Knight的么? |
[35:52] | No. | 没有 |
[35:53] | Then that would be it. | 那就是这个了 |
[35:55] | Please hold for your number. | 请不要挂机 |
[36:10] | Veronica Mars? | |
[36:11] | Carrie’s story is true, isn’t it? It just didn’t happen to her. | Carrie故事是真的,是么?只是不是发生在她身上 |
[36:16] | She copied your diary, and it was your cellphone she showed in court. | 她抄写了你的日记,庭上展示的手机也是你的 |
[36:21] | You got together with Rooks the night you won the Extemporaneous Speaking Competition? | 你赢得即兴演讲比赛的晚上,你和Rooks在一起 |
[36:25] | S.K. was you, Susan Knight. | S.K.是你, Susan Knight. |
[36:30] | My parents disowned me. | 我父母不认我了 |
[36:34] | I wouldn’t tell them who the father is | 我不肯告诉他们父亲是谁 |
[36:36] | because I knew if I did, they would press charges for statutory rape, and I don’t want that. | 因为我知道要是我告诉他们了 他们会起诉法定的强奸,我不想这样 |
[36:41] | There’s something I’m not getting. Why would Carrie tell your story? | 我还有些不明白.为什么Carrie会讲述你的故事? |
[36:45] | Because she thought what he did was wrong. | 因为她认为他做错了 |
[36:47] | Do you know when I told Mr. Rooks I was pregnant, | 你知道么,当我告诉Rooks先生我怀孕了 |
[36:49] | he gave me $500 and told me I should go take care of it? | 他给我500美元,告诉我去处理掉它? |
[36:52] | It made her crazy there were no consequences for what he did. | Carrie气极了,他所作所为 什么后果也不用承担 |
[36:55] | Meanwhile, I had to run out of town in shame? | 而同时,我必须耻辱地搬出小镇? |
[36:58] | Look, it made me crazy too, but… | 看,我也很生气,只是… |
[37:02] | I can’t come forward. | 我没有这个冲劲 |
[37:05] | I’m just not that brave. | 我也没那么勇敢 |
[37:07] | You have no idea. People have put her through hell, and she just took it. | 你不知道. 人们让她如在地狱,她也就承受了 |
[37:13] | She said most people were supportive of her. | 她说大部分人支持她的 |
[37:15] | They weren’t. | 他们没有 |
[37:17] | We weren’t. | 我们没有 |
[37:22] | Carrie just went to the mat for you. | Carrie 为你搞得一团糟 |
[37:24] | One phone call, and you can make it all worth it. | 一个电话,你就能弥补这一切 |
[37:29] | I just happen to have the school board president’s cellphone number. | 我恰好有校董主席的手机号码 |
[37:44] | I went to see Susan. | 我去看了Susan |
[37:47] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[37:49] | A lot of good that does me now. | 现在我好多了 |
[37:51] | Yo, V. You might want to talk to this freshman. | 哟, V. 你大概想跟这新同学说话 |
[37:55] | He’s the one who’s been shooting his mouth off about Logan’s mom. | 他是对Logan妈妈的事守口如瓶的那个 |
[37:58] | Hope you don’t mind telling that story one more time. | 希望你不介意再说一次你的故事 |
[38:01] | Hey… you paged? | 嘿… 你传呼我了? |
[38:06] | It seems Hart here has something to show us. | 看起来Hart有些东西要给我们看 |
[38:11] | Spill. | 说出来吧 |
[38:13] | Me and my friends were filming out by the bay. | 我和我朋友在海边拍电影 |
[38:15] | We were making this war movie, “Storm on the Beach.” | 我们在拍摄一部战争电影 “海滩风暴.” |
[38:17] | It’s just on high def, but it’s pretty cool. | 钱不够,但拍得很酷 |
[38:19] | – It’s these two brothers who get sent to war and– – Don’t care. | – 它讲了两个被送去打仗的兄弟– – 不关心 |
[38:21] | Point? | 重点? |
[38:23] | We were editing it together, and we noticed something. | 我们一起编辑时,注意到一些事 |
[38:33] | Over there! Over there! | 在那里! 在那里! |
[38:34] | I see him! | 我发现他了! |
[38:39] | – Did you see it? – Yeah, it sucks, and…? | – 你看到了么? – 啊, 糟透了, 唔…? |
[38:43] | Rewind it. Play it frame by frame. | 倒带.一帧一帧地放 |
[38:49] | There! Check out the right side of the bridge. | 那里! 注意看桥的右边 |
[38:53] | Holy… | 天哪… |
[38:56] | The video’s time-stamped 4:37 P.M. Exactly the time when… | 录像的时间是下午4:37 刚好是… |
[39:01] | she supposedly jumped. | 她被认为跳下的时间 |
[39:06] | This footage better never make it out into public consumption. | 这胶片最好永远不要公开 |
[39:09] | Don’t worry about my boy, Hart. | 别担心这Hart孩子 |
[39:10] | He knows if that happens his last movie will be a snuff film. | 他知道要是那样,他最近的电影就没戏了 |
[39:14] | And he’ll star in it, right? | 而且是他会主演的,是么? |
[39:17] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[39:25] | I’m sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[39:28] | So am I. | 我也是 |
[39:45] | Logan! | |
[39:47] | Logan. | |
[39:49] | Logan, your mom’s missing credit card was just used. | Logan, 你妈妈不见了的信用卡刚刚被使用了 |
[40:00] | Quiet down. | 安静下来 |
[40:03] | Quiet down, please. I have an announcement to make. | 请安静下来,我要宣布件事 |
[40:05] | I regret to inform you that Mr. Rooks tendered his resignation this morning. | 很遗憾要告诉你们,Rooks先生今晨正式提出辞呈 |
[40:11] | I will be taking over the teaching duties in this class | 我将担任本班的教学工作 |
[40:13] | until a replacement can be found by the administrat– | 直到管理部门找到替代– |
[40:56] | Mr. Rooks resigned today. | Rooks先生今天辞职了 |
[40:58] | Honey, if I were in trouble, I’d want you on my side. | 亲爱的, 我要是有了什么麻烦 希望你是站在我这边的 |
[41:02] | Well, that’s where I’d be. | 唔,我一定会站在你这边 |
[41:04] | I’ll be home for dinner. Your messages are on your desk. | 我回家吃晚饭. 你的电话消息放你桌上了 |
[41:22] | So… what would you like to know now, Veronica Mars, intrepid girl reporter? | 那… 想知道些什么, Veronica Mars 无畏的记者女孩? |
[41:30] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[41:31] | This time I just want you to know what I know. | 这回我想让你知道,我知道了些什么 |
[41:37] | You’re dying, Abel. | 你就快死了,Abel |
[41:39] | You knew you were dying when you confessed. | 当你认罪时,你就知道活不长了 |
[41:42] | You didn’t kill Lilly Kane. | 你根本没杀Lilly Kane |
[41:45] | You’re just somebody’s patsy. | 你只是被利用的懦夫 |
[41:50] | Guard? | 警卫? |
[41:57] | Synchro: Amariss – www.forom.com – | 禁止任何商业用途否则后果自负 ————————– |