时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Previously on Veronica Mars | |
[00:02] | It’s been a year and a half since my best friend Lilly Kane was murdered. | 自从我最好的朋友Lilly Kane 被杀已经过去一年半了 |
[00:05] | I never would have hurt her. | 我绝对不会去伤害她的 |
[00:06] | Lilly and Weevil? | Lilly和Weevil? |
[00:08] | So what is the mystery condition that’s causing your ex-boyfriend | 那是什么隐情让你的前男友 |
[00:11] | and possible half-brother to black out. | 和极有可能与你同父异母的哥哥 失去记忆的呢 |
[00:14] | Did you know that Clarence Wiedman, Head of Security at Kane Software, | 你知道是Clarence Wiedman Kane软件公司的安全主管 |
[00:17] | was the one that made the tip call that got Abel Koontz arrested? | 打了那个电话 使Abel Koontz被抓起来吗? |
[00:20] | You’re dying, Abel. | 你本来马上也就要死了, Abel |
[00:22] | Did you know that there’s a traffic ticket that proves that Lilly’s time of death is three hours off? | 你知道有一张交通罚单可以证明Lilly的 死亡时间实际上应该是是三小时后吗? |
[00:26] | Jake and Celeste. Either of them could have gone home on their own and killed Lilly. | Jake和Celeste 他们中的任何一个都有可能回家去杀了Lilly |
[00:32] | So Abel Koontz has a daughter. | 那么Abel Koontz有一个女儿 |
[00:34] | And now Clarence Wiedman knows that I know. | 而现在Clarence Wiedman他也知道 我知道了这一点 |
[00:37] | But what do I really know? | 但我真正知道的是什么呢? |
[00:40] | That Jake Kane bought a dying man’s confession? | Jake Kane用钱使一个本来就要死的人去自首? |
[00:42] | That the Kane family needed a fall guy? | 还是Kane家需要一个替罪羊? |
[00:45] | Amelia DeLongpre. | |
[00:47] | She’s the one person who can prove my theory. | 她是唯一一个能证明我的推理的人 |
[00:49] | I have to track her down before Clarence Wiedman finds her and | 我必须在Clarence Wiedman找到她之前追踪到她 |
[00:53] | Loyola Marymount? | |
[00:55] | What do you know? | 你知道些什么呢? |
[00:57] | She lives in LA. | 她住在LA |
[01:05] | Hello? | 喂? -=COSL-YTET小组工作室=- |
[01:14] | Hello. Ms DeLongpre? | 你好, 是DeLongpre小姐吗? |
[01:17] | Uh, who are you? | 啊, 你是谁? |
[01:19] | I’m looking for Amelia DeLongpre. | 我想找Amelia DeLongpre |
[01:21] | I’m sorry. She left about five minutes ago with some friend of hers. | 对不起, 她五分钟前刚和她的一个朋友一起走了 |
[01:25] | Could you describe this friend? | 你可以告诉我她朋友长什么样子吗? |
[01:27] | Tiny, blonde, cute as a bug. | 个子不高, 金发 像个小虫子似的, 很可爱 |
[01:31] | I’m sorry. I don’t think I can do this. I don’t even know you. | 对不起, 我觉得我做不了这个, 我甚至还不认识你 |
[01:33] | Your father’s attorney, Clif-Mr McCormack sent me to get you. | 你父亲的律师, McCormack先生派我来接你过去 |
[01:36] | We found some new evidence, evidence that may prove your father is innocent. | 我们找到了一些新的证据 可能可以证明你爸爸是无辜的 |
[01:40] | What? | 什么? |
[01:41] | Amelia, get in the car. If you don’t get in the car, you’re putting yourself in danger. | Amelia, 快上车, 如果你再不上车就要有危险了 |
[01:45] | I haven’t spoken to my father in years. | 我很多年没和我爸爸联系过了 |
[01:47] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[01:48] | You’re a threat to the Kane family now that you know about the payoff. | 既然你已经知道了报酬的事情 你现在已经成为了Kane家的威胁 |
[01:51] | What payoff? | 什么报酬? |
[01:52] | You just told me you’re receiving millions in Kane Software stock. | 你刚才告诉我你从Kane软件公司 的股票中得到了好几百万 |
[01:56] | But mom said that was an out of court settlement. | 可我妈告诉我说那是庭外和解 |
[01:58] | It’s not a settlement. It’s a payoff. | 这不是和解, 这是酬劳 |
[02:00] | For pleading guilty to the murder of Lilly Kane. | 用来承认谋杀了Lilly Kane |
[02:03] | Your father is innocent. | 你爸爸是无辜的 |
[02:20] | Not exactly the Ritz but hopefully you’ll only be here for a couple of days. | 虽然算不上是Ritz(豪华酒店) 不过幸好你只需要在这里呆上几天 |
[02:25] | Exams are next week. | 下星期就要考试了 |
[02:27] | One dank room is as good as the next. | 一个又湿又冷的房间真是再好不过了 |
[02:31] | You know, I think this might actually be perfect. | 你知道吗 我觉得这里其实可能已经很不错了 |
[02:33] | Before you dive in, you need to call your mother | 在你决定这么做之前 你得先给你妈妈打电话 |
[02:35] | and have her overnight the Kane settlement documents right away. | 让她今天晚上就把Kane家的调解文件准备好 |
[02:39] | Tell her to pay in cash and make sure she uses a fake name. | 告诉她要用现金付账并且 一定要用一个假名字 |
[02:42] | What will those prove? | 那些能证明什么? |
[02:45] | They’ll prove your father’s being paid to take the fall. | 他们可以证明你爸爸是被人雇去做替罪羊的 |
[02:48] | And don’t use your cell phone. Use this. It’s not traceable. | 还有, 不要用你的手机 用这个, 这是无法追踪的 |
[02:53] | Okay. | 好的 |
[02:55] | But I have to be able to take calls from my boyfriend. | 但我必须可以接我男朋友的电话 |
[02:57] | Unless you also want the police, marines and the National Guard out looking for me. | 除非你想让警察, 陆战队 还有国民警卫队一起来找我 |
[03:01] | I’ll check the caller ID. Only him. No one else. | 我会看来电显示的 只接他的, 再没别人 |
[03:04] | No one else. | 再不要有别人 |
[03:05] | And Amelia? | 还有, Amelia? |
[03:07] | He can’t know your location. | 不能让他知道你的位置 |
[03:13] | Veronica? | |
[03:14] | Yeah? | 怎么了? |
[03:15] | Have you | 你有没有? |
[03:18] | Have you seen him? | 你有没有见过他? |
[03:20] | You know, in prison? | 你知道, 在监狱? |
[03:23] | Yeah. | 见过 |
[03:25] | How | 怎么样? |
[03:27] | How is he? | 他怎么样? |
[03:29] | Dying. But if you know that, it’s doubtful you’ll help me. | 就快死了, 可如果告诉你 就不知道你还会不会帮我了 |
[03:34] | He’s doing fine. | 他现在很好 |
[04:17] | As if I didn’t have enough stress in my life, | 好像我的生活中的压力还不够大似的 |
[04:19] | today marks that orgy of tension known as midterms. | 因为今天要期中考试 所以被认为是最紧张的一天 |
[04:26] | Some handle it better than others. | 有些人处理的要比其他人好 |
[04:29] | Top right. Yes, that’s my face that you see on a phone sex ad. | 上面靠右, 没错 你在色情电话广告上看到的就是我的照片 |
[04:33] | I was getting phone calls for this all night long. | 因为这个, 我整个晚上都要不停地接这些电话 |
[04:36] | I got zero sleep and my dad’s a doctor, we can’t just unplug the phone. | 我根本没法睡觉 而且我爸爸是个医生 我们甚至不能把电话给拔掉 |
[04:41] | I’ve been bad. | 我有点不舒服 |
[04:43] | And this morning, someone let the air out of my tire. It’s not fair. | 今天早上 还有人把我车胎里的气给放了, 这不公平 |
[04:46] | Of course, Sabrina. | 当然, Sabrina |
[04:47] | We’ll find a time for you to take the test la- | 我们会再找个时间让你考试 |
[04:49] | Oh, wait. What happened to you’re late, too bad, no exceptions. | 哦, 等一下, 那你刚才说的 不论是谁, 如果你迟到了那就完了的事情呢? |
[04:52] | Mr Cho? When someone personally attacks you, we’ll talk. | Cho先生? 当有人对你进行人身攻击的时候 我们也会谈这个的 |
[04:57] | Go to the library, we’ll reschedule. | 去图书馆吧, 我们会再安排的 |
[04:59] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[05:05] | How ’bout, when my mom’s elected school board president, we’ll talk. | 还不如说是当我妈妈被选为校董事会主席的时候 我们也会谈这个的呢 |
[05:10] | Veronica? | |
[05:11] | I heard this was kind of like your office. | 我听说这里就像是你的办公室 |
[05:14] | I need your help. | 我需要你的帮助 |
[05:15] | A little club soda on the sleeves? | 给你的袖子上涂点洗衣液? |
[05:17] | This is because I had a flat. | 这是因为我的轮胎扁了 |
[05:19] | I had to change it myself and there was no hole, somebody just let the air out. | 我必须自己把轮胎换好, 上面没有洞 有人特地就把气给放光了 |
[05:23] | Do you know Caz Truman? | 你知道Caz Truman吗? |
[05:25] | Basketball player, drives a Yukon? | 打篮球的那家伙, 开辆Yukon车? (通用的一款SUV车) |
[05:27] | Yeah. I broke up with him two months ago and since then he’s been harassing me. | 没错, 我两个月前和他分手了 从此以后他就不断地骚扰我 |
[05:31] | This is just the latest of these so-called pranks. | 这就是这些日子的这些所谓恶作剧 |
[05:34] | I hear that you do things. I need you to make him stop. | 我听说你什么都能做到, 我需要你去替我阻止他 |
[05:39] | Gee, I’d love to help Sabrina but I have midterms of my own. | 天哪, 我很想帮你, Sabrina 可我也必须参加期中考试啊 |
[05:43] | This is important. I’ll pay you. | 这很重要, 我可以付钱给你 |
[05:45] | Every night when I’m trying to study there’s some new catastrophe. | 每天晚上当我准备学习的时候 总是会有些新的灾难发生 |
[05:49] | I am broke and Amelia’s hotel room is seventy bucks a day. | 我已经破产了 而Amelia的房间却需要70美元一天 |
[05:54] | Are you sure it’s Caz? | 你肯定是Caz吗? |
[05:55] | Oh, this is so Caz, totally immature. Here. | 哦, 这肯定是Caz, 幼稚得要命 |
[05:58] | I can give you a hundred now and four more when you prove that it’s him. | 我可以现在给你100美元 然后等你证明是他做的以后再付你400 |
[06:01] | And the sooner the better because I already have to reschedule my AP history test. | 而且越快越好 因为我已经必须重新按排我的AP历史考试了 (AP Exam: 美国高中生参加的一种考试 可作为入读大学时的一种参考) |
[06:17] | Veronica Mars. What do you want? | Veronica Mars, 你想要干吗? |
[06:20] | Caz, I’m kind of busy so let’s play this at fast forward. | Caz, 我其实挺忙的 所以我们直接给你把事情说清楚好了 |
[06:23] | I ask you to stop harassing Sabrina Fuller. You deny it. I eventually catch you. | 我希望你不要再去骚扰Sabrina Fuller 可你会拒绝, 然后我最终抓住了你 |
[06:27] | You’re suspended, dropped from basketball and made the subject of a news blurb | 你会被停课, 开除出篮球队 而且这事会众所周知 |
[06:30] | that everyone chuckles at in the papers. So stop harassing Sabrina, okay? | 所有人都会看着报纸嘲笑你 所以, 不要再骚扰Sabrina了, 好吗? |
[06:33] | Look, I’m not harassing Sabrina. | 听好了, 我没有在骚扰Sabrina |
[06:35] | Caz! Did you listen? | Caz! 你听到我说的了吗? |
[06:37] | The flat tires, the escort ad, the midnight crank calls- | 瘪了的轮胎, 色情广告 半夜打古怪的骚扰电话 |
[06:40] | Wa-wa-wait. She said I did this? | 等-等-等一下, 她说这些都是我做的? |
[06:41] | We-we’ve had problems but no way. | 我们-我们是有问题, 可这不可能 |
[06:44] | I would leap off the roof of that school if she asked me, you know. | 如果是她让我去做的话 我愿意从屋顶上跳下去, 你要知道 |
[06:47] | Very caring gesture but- | 确实是非常关心的表示, 可是- |
[06:48] | I swear it wasn’t me. | 我发誓那不是我 |
[06:51] | Now, I’m late for the gym but when you catch whoever did this, | 现在, 我训练快要迟到了 如果你抓住任何干这事的人 |
[06:53] | you tell me, okay, ’cause I will smash his face in. I mean, seriously. | 一定要告诉我, 好吗 因为我要打扁那家伙的脸, 我说真的 |
[06:58] | Why is it that the Caz’s of the world are forever in transit between romantic failure and the gym? | 为什么这个叫做Caz的家伙的世界 永远只在失败的感情和训练之间转变? |
[07:05] | Sabrina says Caz strikes only at night. That gives me a couple hours | Sabrina说Caz只在晚上打扰她 这让我在必须去那里之前 |
[07:08] | before I need to get over there. Time enough to prepare my case for Amelia, | 有了几个小时的空闲 足够让我准备Amelia的案子 |
[07:12] | prove to her that her father is allowing himself to be executed in order to make her wealthy. | 去向她证明她爸爸是为了让她生活富裕 才自愿去死的 |
[07:23] | Mars Investigations. | Mars侦探事务所 |
[07:25] | – Is Keith Mars available? – No, he’s in a meeting. | -Keith Mars现在有空吗? -没有, 他现在正和人商量事情 |
[07:28] | You want me to find a call girl for your husband? | 你要我替你丈夫找个电话应召女郎? |
[07:31] | Yes. He likes blondes. | 是的, 他喜欢金头发的 |
[07:33] | Look, I don’t know if you were looking for pimp in the phonebook and just stopped at PI- | 听着, 我不知道你是不是在电话簿上找拉皮条的 电话的时候正好停在了私家侦探这一页- |
[07:38] | I want her to take him to a motel | 我需要她去把他带到一家汽车旅馆 |
[07:40] | and when he’s in a compromising position, you get the… | 当他愿意妥协的时候 你就可以得到… |
[07:43] | – What’s it called? The, um- – Money shot? | -那个怎么说来着? 恩- -奖金? |
[07:46] | Exactly. Prenup violated. Settlement for me. Bonus for you. | 完全没错, 这样他违反了婚前协议 我得到赔偿金, 而你得到奖金 |
[07:51] | Sounds sweet. But if we go by the letter of the law, it’s entrapment. | 听上去不错, 可如果严格按照 法律字面上的意义来说, 这叫做诱骗 |
[07:55] | Dad, Mr Wilson is asking about- | 爸爸, Wilson先生想要问一下- |
[07:57] | The law? Look, if you don’t want to do it, I’ll take my business elsewhere. | 法律? 听着, 如果你不愿意去做的话 我可以去找别人来做 |
[08:01] | Perhaps Mr Vincent Vanlowe isn’t as interested in the letter of the law. | 可能Vincent Vanlowe先生对法律 字面上的意义不太感兴趣 |
[08:05] | Yeah, well, just know if you go with Mr Vanlowe there’s every chance you’ll get the Vinnie classic. | 是啊, 只是你最好要清楚 如果你找Vanlowe先生去做这事的话 那你很有可能最后得到的会是Vinnie经典的下场 |
[08:10] | And what does that mean? | 你什么意思? |
[08:11] | That means, Vinnie goes to bust your husband, gets his proof then goes back to him | 那意味着, Vinnie会去突袭你的丈夫 得到他的那些证据, 然后再回到他那里去 |
[08:15] | and says for double her money, I’ll tell the wife you’re a choir boy. | 告诉他必须付双倍他太太付的钱 不然就会告诉他的太太他只是个唱诗班的小男孩 |
[08:27] | What is it with the Mars’ family? | Mars家的人都怎么了? |
[08:31] | God, Veronica, and you really believe Lilly’s murder was some sort of vast conspiracy? | 上帝啊, Veronica, 你真的相信Lilly的死是某个巨大的阴谋? |
[08:35] | – I don’t know what you saw. – A file on Duncan. | -我不知道你都看到了什么 -一个关于Duncan的文件 |
[08:41] | There’s a file on everyone. | 这有关于所有人的文件 |
[08:42] | Yeah. It’s thorough. And I’m glad my alibi held up. | 没错, 是很全面 而且我很庆幸我得不在场证明很牢靠 |
[08:46] | Out of the country. Two eye witnesses, it’s airtight. | 你在国外, 有两个人亲眼看见你 这无懈可击 |
[08:52] | Hey, what do you think Lilly would make of you investigating all the people who loved her? | 嘿, 是什么让你觉得是Lilly让你调查 所有这些深爱着她的人的? |
[08:56] | I loved Lilly. | 我爱Lilly |
[09:00] | Maybe if I didn’t I’d be able to drop this. | 可能只要到我不爱她的时候 也许我才能够放弃这些 |
[09:06] | Okay, I just came to give you this. | 好吧, 我只是过来把这个给你的 |
[09:13] | Hey, thanks, for, uh, you looking for my mother. | 嘿, 谢谢, 为了, 啊 你替我找我妈妈 |
[09:23] | Your mom was always nice to me. | 你妈妈总是对我很好 |
[09:35] | Way to think it through, Veronica. Ripping up Logan’s check was a noble gesture | 仔细思考一下的话, Veronica 撕碎Logan的支票确实是一个颇为高尚的行为 |
[09:39] | but who’s going to pay for Amelia DeLongpre’s motel room? | 可那谁来付Amelia DeLongpre旅馆房间的钱呢? |
[09:52] | Is this movie pay-per-view? | 这的电影是每看一眼收一次钱吗? |
[09:53] | I don’t understand. These shoes. | 我不太明白, 这双鞋 |
[09:57] | These shoes were photographed in Lilly’s room a couple hours after the murder. | 这双鞋是在Lilly死后几小时 在她的房间里拍到的 |
[10:01] | The same shoes were found two months later on your father’s houseboat. | 同样的这双鞋在两个月后 在你爸爸的船屋里面被人找到 |
[10:05] | Someone had to plant them there. | 一定是什么人把鞋放在了那里 |
[10:07] | And you’re sure that it was the Kanes who framed him? | 你肯定是Kanes家的人陷害了他? |
[10:10] | Who else had the money and influence to pull it off? | 那还有谁有这么多钱和影响力来做成这事? |
[10:13] | I just can’t imagine someone murdering their own family. | 我只是不敢想象会有人去杀死自己的家人 |
[10:19] | All three of the Kanes falsified their alibis. | Kanes家的三个人都伪造了他们的不在场证明 |
[10:23] | When I was really young, my dad | 当我还很小的时候, 我爸爸 |
[10:28] | he was a normal dad. | 他是个很普通的父亲 |
[10:31] | But when Jake Kane cheated him out of his streaming video patent, it just, it changed him. | 可是当Jake Kane骗走了他的流动影像专利以后 这事就, 这事就改变了他 |
[10:37] | He’d lock himself in his office for weeks, not even speak to me or my mom. | 他把他自己锁在办公室里几个星期 甚至不跟我和我妈妈说一句话 |
[10:42] | Said he was gonna create a program that would put Kane out of business | 他说他要发明一项技术 可以把Kane的公司彻底打垮 |
[10:45] | but of course, nothing ever came of that. | 当然, 那样的事情从来没发生 |
[10:48] | One day my mom brings him a cup of coffee and | 结果有一天, 妈妈拿给他杯咖啡 |
[10:52] | she spills it all over his work. | 她不小心把咖啡全洒在了他的东西上面 |
[10:56] | He backhanded her. | 他反手就给了我妈妈一巴掌 |
[10:58] | We left the next day. | 第二天我们就离开了他 |
[11:00] | Mom divorced him. | 妈妈和她离了婚 |
[11:03] | Can I ask you something? | 我能问你些事情吗? |
[11:04] | Sure. | 当然可以 |
[11:07] | Why do you think the money’s coming to me? | 为什么你会认为这些钱都会给我? |
[11:12] | I think | 我想? 这是他说 你知道, 他说对不起的一种方式 |
[11:40] | Hi. Uh, I’m looking for Sabrina? | 你好, 啊, Sabrina在吗? |
[11:43] | Order, genus, species. | 目, 属, 种 |
[11:45] | And the kingdoms are? | 界(大自然的类别)有? (他们显然在上生物课) |
[11:46] | Fungi, plantae, animalia, uh, monera | 真菌界, 植物界, 动物界 啊, 原核生物界? |
[11:51] | Oh, hello. | 哦, 你好 |
[11:52] | It’s Veronica. I said that I would tutor her. | 这是Veronica, 我说过我要辅导她的 |
[11:55] | Just don’t forget about your own studies. | 不要忘了你自己的学习就行 |
[11:58] | Don抰 worry, mom. 不用担心, 妈 | |
[12:00] | Se mi trattiene la chiudo nella la cantina. | |
[12:03] | Ma potrebbe stappare il buon vino. | |
[12:07] | Meglio tentare per la soffita. | |
[12:11] | I抦 late to meet your father. Lynn is sleeping so keep it down. 我和你爸的约会已经迟到了, Lynn已经睡了 所以请小点声 | |
[12:19] | You forgot protista. | 你忘了原生生物界 |
[12:20] | I didn’t forget, you interrupted. | 我没忘, 是你进来把我打断了 |
[12:23] | What do you have? | 你查到些什么? |
[12:26] | Caz Truman denies it. I put a tracker on his car just in case. | Caz Truman不承认做过那事, 为了以防万一 我在他的车上放了个追踪器 |
[12:30] | Otherwise, we just wait to see if something happens. | 不然的话, 我们只能在这等着看 如果有什么事情发生的话 |
[12:33] | There is no if. Something happens every night. | 用不着’如果’ 这些事每天晚上都发生 |
[12:36] | Well, that’s why I’m here. | 恩, 所以我来这里 |
[12:42] | Yukon’s still in the garage. | Catz的Yukon车仍然在车库里 |
[12:59] | Hello? | 你好? |
[13:02] | Yes, this is Miss Sabrina. | 是的, 我是Sabrina小姐 |
[13:05] | Bad boy, well | 你个坏小子, 恩? |
[13:08] | Mr Greeley of Encinitas. | Encinitas的Greeley先生 |
[13:11] | Twenty grand on credit cards, two divorces and a repo’d Sebring. | 信用卡上只有20美元 离过两次婚, 抵押了一辆Sebring车 (克莱斯勒的一款车) |
[13:15] | You have been a bad boy. | 你曾经是个坏小子 |
[13:17] | Miss Sabrina commands you. | Sabrina小姐现在命令你 |
[13:19] | Put your pants back on and get a job. | 穿好裤子, 给我去找份工作 |
[13:23] | Do you know anyone with a yellow truck? | 你认识什么人有辆黄色的卡车吗? |
[13:25] | No. Why? | 不认识, 为什么? |
[13:30] | Is that yours? | 那是你的吗? |
[13:40] | Hello, Truman. | 你好, ‘说实话的人’ |
[13:46] | Caz, it’s over. Why can’t you just act like a mature adult instead of- | Caz, 已经结束了, 你为什么就不能表现的 有一点像个成熟的成年人那样, 而不要- |
[13:50] | Baby, it’s not me. I’m innocent. | 宝贝, 不是我, 我是无辜的 |
[13:52] | Caz, you were lurking. The innocent rarely lurk. | Caz, 你在外面埋伏 无辜的人从来不埋伏在外面 |
[13:56] | No, I wasn’t lurking. | 不, 我没有在外面埋伏 |
[13:58] | The thought of somebody messing with you made me nuts. | 想到有人在骚扰你, 我简直都要疯了 |
[14:02] | I was watching the house figuring I could catch the guy, | 我在监视这房子, 看能不能让我抓到那小子 |
[14:04] | be the hero, get you back. | 做一次英雄, 然后重新得到你 |
[14:07] | What is with the junkie old truck? | 那你那辆破卡车是用来干什么的? |
[14:10] | It’s the gardener’s. So Sabrina, I would never hurt you. | 那是园丁的, Sabrina 我是绝对不会伤害你的 |
[14:14] | You know, if you asked, I would jump off the roof. | 你知道的, 如果是你让我去做的话 我愿意从屋顶上跳下来 |
[14:17] | Can I get you to stop that? | 你能以后都不要说那句话了吗? |
[14:18] | Ask him to jump. | 让他去跳. |
[14:22] | The door? Who’s knocking on my door at eleven o’clock? | 有人敲门? 谁会在晚上11点来敲我的房门? |
[14:25] | Let’s get this party started, whooo. | 让我们开始狂欢吧, whooo |
[14:28] | You’re in the wrong place. | 你来错地方了 |
[14:29] | Have you consider that maybe you’re in the wrong place? | 你们难道没想过是你们来错地方了吗? |
[14:35] | Keep it rolling all night. 23 Emperor Court. | 让这里彻夜摇滚, Emperor Court23号 |
[14:39] | – Where did you get that? – Sultans of Acid. | -你是从哪拿的这个? -Sultans of Acid(酒吧名) |
[14:42] | The guy was handing them out. Said we’d all be rocking and rolling. | 那人把这些发给我们 说我们得不停地摇滚 |
[14:49] | Sultans of Acid yielded nothing but hundreds of spaced-out weirdoes | Sultans of Acid那里到处都是行为古怪的人 |
[14:53] | who couldn’t answer a simple question. | 而他们也都无法回答这个简单的问题 |
[14:55] | Complete dead end. | 看来我是走到了死胡同 |
[14:57] | – Who is it? – It’s me. | -谁啊? -是我 |
[15:04] | I brought some brain food. | 我给你带了些’智力食品’ |
[15:05] | Snowballs! | 雪球! |
[15:08] | Oh, I talked to my mom. Sorry I freaked out. | 哦, 我和我妈妈谈过了 对不起我有点失常 |
[15:11] | She was just visiting her sister in Squirrel Point. | 她去松鼠角(地名, 在缅因州) 探望她姐姐去了 |
[15:13] | She says she’s gonna mail that stuff tomorrow. | 她说她明天会把那些文件给寄过来 |
[15:14] | Great. | 太好了 |
[15:16] | Veronica? Could you arrange a visitation with my dad? | 你可以安排我去见见我爸爸吗? |
[15:21] | For the first time I can remember, I really want to talk to him. | 这是我长这么大以来第一次 真的想要去和他谈一谈 |
[15:26] | Yeah. Sure, uh, it may take a few days. | 当然可以, 啊, 需要个几天的时间吧 |
[15:30] | Just long enough to get the proof of the Kane payoff. | 只要这时间够得到Kane家付钱的证据就行 |
[15:34] | Shouldn’t you be getting ready for your Achiever Dinner? | 你不是应该在准备你的获奖晚宴吗? |
[15:37] | Scholastic Excellence, I will. | 如果我是那些表现杰出的学生 那我才需要去准备 |
[15:40] | Miss Mars. | Mars小姐 |
[15:43] | Mr Vanlowe. | Vanlowe先生 |
[15:45] | I, uh, hope you’re not thinking of dying that hair because when you come work for me, | 我, 啊, 希望你不会认为把头发染成那样 是因为当你来为我工作的时候 |
[15:49] | you’ll find that straying husbands are most likely to chase skinny blondes. | 你会发现那些四处闲逛的丈夫们 最喜欢去找你这样的身材娇小的金发女孩 |
[15:54] | No, I’m kidding, of course. They’ll chase anything. But seriously, don’t dye that hair. | 不, 我当然是在开玩笑, 他们谁都会喜欢 不过说真的, 以后别染那颜色了 |
[15:59] | No hair advice for me, Vinnie? | 没什么染发建议给我吗, Vinnie? |
[16:01] | Actually Keith I was just coming by to say thanks. | 实际上, Keith 我就是顺路过来跟你说声谢谢的 |
[16:04] | You know, uh, once you set up shop here, I got a little nervous, | 你知道, 啊, 自从你在这里开业以来 我一直都有点小小的紧张 |
[16:07] | um, a former detective, sheriff, uh, law enforcement machine, | 恩, 一个前警探, 警长 啊, 执法机器 |
[16:11] | hitting the Neptune PI scene, | 整顿我们Neptune的私人侦探市场 |
[16:13] | working the whole B-movie, back alley vibe. | 解决所有B级电影(辅导级, 少儿不宜) 和后巷里那些肮脏的问题 |
[16:18] | Clients love that. | 客户们都喜欢那样 |
[16:19] | I thought I was toast but here we are sending each other referrals. | 我以为我会任人摆布 可现在我们开始互相转接案子了 |
[16:23] | Referrals? Did I send you a- | 转交案子? 我转给过你什么- |
[16:24] | Red-head, with the husband problem. | 红头发, 老公有问题的那个 |
[16:26] | Ahh, right. I wasn’t actually referring so much as warning. | 啊, 对, 其实我是想警告她 |
[16:29] | I was thinking, uh, we might work together, you know, juggle some cases, maximise the market. | 我在想, 啊, 我们也许可以合作 你知道, 操纵一些案子, 最大化这个市场 |
[16:35] | Actually, Vinnie, we’re not- | 实际上, Vinnie, 我们不会- |
[16:36] | Ah, you’re on the fence, okay, okay, okay but I have ten cases, | 啊, 你又来这套, 好的, 好的 好的, 可我手上有十个案子 |
[16:39] | five hundred a day, I can’t handle them all. | 500美元一天 我一个人没法忙得过来 |
[16:41] | I’ll farm them to you for three, I’m talking no-brainers, free of major ethical issues. | 我分三个给你, 我说的是不用动什么脑筋 也没有什么主流道德标准的案子 |
[16:46] | Easy money. Win-win. | 很容易挣的钱, 大家双赢 |
[16:49] | Just saying. | 我说完了 |
[16:51] | Think it over. | 考虑一下 |
[17:00] | Get ready for your dinner. | 去准备好参加晚宴 |
[17:04] | I’ve been dreading it for weeks. Two hours at the Kane estate | 我已经为这事烦恼好几周了 在Kane家的豪宅里 |
[17:07] | with the top five ranking juniors and seniors trying not to gag | 和高二, 高三两个年级排名前五的人 一起呆上两个小时 |
[17:10] | as they talk about the scholarship they’re offering in Lilly’s name. | 尽量试着不要在他们谈论着以Lilly名义 赞助的奖学金的时候感觉反胃 |
[17:15] | It’s been a year and a half since I stood outside this door | 自从上次站在这门外 |
[17:18] | and watched my best friend’s body carried away. | 看着我最好的朋友的尸体被人抬走 已经过去一年半了 |
[17:20] | A year and a half’s worth of questions only I know | 这一年半来的疑惑只有我才知道 |
[17:23] | and only someone in this house can answer. | 也只有这间屋子里的某个人才可以解答 |
[17:26] | Veronica, I didn’t, uh | Veronica, 我不知道, 啊 |
[17:30] | Welcome. | 欢迎你来 |
[17:32] | Thank you, Mr Kane. | 谢谢, Kane先生 |
[17:35] | Come in, the others are already here. | 进来吧, 其他人都已经到了 |
[18:00] | It’s hard to be back knowing what I know now and not wonder. | 当我现在知道怎么回事并不再怀疑的时候 让我去回忆过去, 使我非常得难过 |
[18:05] | Celeste Kane has plenty of reasons to hate me. | Celeste Kane有很多理由来恨我 |
[18:08] | And before Lilly died I got the distinct impression she’d learned one of her mother’s reasons. | 而在Lilly死之前 她知道她妈妈恨我的一个原因 使我印象非常深刻 |
[18:13] | Maybe Celeste over reacted. | 也许是Celeste反应过度了 |
[18:15] | Lilly, she cannot come back here, ever. | Lilly, 她再也不能回这里来了, 永远 |
[18:18] | Chill out, Mommie dearest. | 冷静点, 亲爱的妈咪 |
[18:20] | That’s no way to treat your stepdaughter. | 你不能那样对你的继女 |
[18:23] | I think Duncan might have already slipped Veronica | 我想Duncan可能已经有点躲开Veronica太多了 |
[18:26] | a bit too much of the old Kane hospitality. | 以我们Kane家的好客来说 |
[18:38] | I am proud to announce an annual award in the name of our daughter. | 我很荣幸以我女儿的名义 来宣布这个年度奖学金 |
[18:43] | Starting this year, Neptune High’s Valedictorian | 从今年开始 Neptune高中致毕业辞的毕业生 (一般是全校第一名) |
[18:46] | will receive a full-time scholarship to the university lucky enough to have him or her. | 将得到能够有幸得到他或她的 那所大学的全额奖学金 |
[18:54] | So, best of luck to this year’s seniors. May the best scholar win. | 所以, 祝今年的所有毕业生好运 希望最应得的人最后能赢 |
[19:03] | And, for next year’s seniors, | 而且, 对于所有明年的毕业生 |
[19:05] | I only hope that this adds to your fantastic motivation, | 我只是希望这能无限增加你们学习的动力 |
[19:09] | although, uh, I might add that we’ll be paying for one of this year’s junior honourees either way. | 尽管, 啊, 我必须说明, 今年你们这些快毕业 的人中的一个不论怎样我们都得付他的这份钱 |
[19:19] | He doesn’t look like a killer | 他看上去不像个杀人犯 |
[19:21] | but you don’t get to run a Fortune 500 company without a killer instinct. | 但如果你没有做杀手的本能 你也不可能经营起一家财富500强的公司 |
[19:25] | And what if Lilly finally succeeded at getting her parents’ attention. | 而且, 如果Lilly一旦成功地 引起了她父母的注意 |
[19:29] | You’re blocking my sun. | 你挡着我晒太阳了 |
[19:31] | Who the hell are you? | 你究竟是谁? |
[19:32] | Me, I’m no one, I was just going. | 我, 我谁也不是, 我正要离开 |
[19:34] | You were having sex with my daughter? | 你在和我女儿做爱? |
[19:36] | Not right now. | 不是现在 |
[19:37] | You think you can make a fool out of me? | 你以为你可以这样耍我吗? |
[19:39] | Daddy, stop it. | 爸爸, 不要 |
[19:46] | Breathe a word and I promise you, you’ll take the fall. | 你敢说出去一个字, 我向你保证 这黑锅你就背定了 |
[19:51] | Come on over here, let’s chow down. It’s rack of lamb tonight. | 都到这里来, 我们开始入席吧 今天晚上有烤羊排 |
[19:55] | Veronica. | |
[19:58] | Come on, dorkus. | 快点, 亲爱的 |
[20:12] | My god, worse party ever. What are you doing at nerdfest. | 我的天哪, 再没有比这更糟的晚会了 你在那帮讨厌的家伙中间干什么呢? |
[20:18] | I had to come back. | 我必须回去了 |
[20:20] | Something’s wrong, they’re hiding something. | 有些事不对劲 他们在隐藏些什么 |
[20:23] | Please. Veronica. They have their faults but they are hardly murderers. | 求求你了, Veronica 他们是都有问题, 可他们不是凶手 |
[20:28] | Wow, you’ve got some imagination. | 哇, 你还真挺有想象力的 |
[20:32] | Then who did it? | 那是谁干的? |
[20:34] | You okay? | 你没事吧? |
[20:45] | So, who are you hiding from? | 那么, 你在躲谁呢? |
[20:47] | – No, really, I was just | -没有, 真的没有, 我只是? -放轻松 |
[20:52] | I come here sometimes too. To think about her. | 有时候我也会到这里来 过来想想她 |
[20:56] | At first I begged my parents to sell the house. | 刚开始我求我父母把这房子给卖了 |
[20:59] | Couldn’t even walk by this spot, imagining the last thoughts that went through her head. | 我甚至不能从这附近走过 因为会不停地在想她最后时刻脑子里会想些什么 |
[21:05] | But now, it’s kind of nice. | 可现在, 这里看上去不错 |
[21:10] | Peaceful. | 很平静 |
[21:13] | When I’m here, I feel like she’s still with me. | 当我在这里的时候 我觉得她好像仍然在我身边 |
[21:20] | Come on, inside. | 好了, 进去吧 |
[21:23] | We don’t bite. | 我们不吃人 |
[21:34] | What’s wrong, Sabrina? | Sabrina, 怎么了? |
[21:36] | I | 我? 我只是精疲力竭了 |
[21:40] | All of this crap. | 所有这些没用的东西 |
[21:42] | I got an 86 on the AP Bio exam. | 我AP生物考试只得了86分 |
[21:46] | AP Bio is a killer, a “B” isn’t- | AP生物考试是个杀手, 可一个”B”却并不是- |
[21:49] | I lost it, the top GPA, the Valedictorian spot. | 我失败了, GPA的最高分, 作为毕业生代表去致毕业词的资格 |
[21:54] | Because of one test? | 就因为一次考试? |
[21:55] | I had a hundredth of a point lead and now I’m a hundredth behind. | 我本来领先一个百分点 可我现在却落后了一个 |
[22:00] | Why have you gotten him to stop? | 你为什么就不能阻止他呢? |
[22:02] | Sabrina, it’s not Caz, I’m sure. | Sabrina, 不是Caz做的, 我肯定 |
[22:06] | Wait, who’s in first place now? | 等一下, 那现在谁是第一名了呢? |
[22:10] | Him. | 他 |
[22:13] | Hamilton Cho? | |
[22:14] | Yeah. | 对 |
[22:20] | Since I’m checking on new GPA champ, Hamilton Cho, | 因为我要来查我们的新GPA冠军, Hamilton Cho |
[22:24] | I might as well expand my gastronomical horizons. | 可能同时我必须得增大我的食量才行 |
[22:27] | I’m actually a little hurt this is your first Cho’s pizza, Veronica. | 我真的感觉有点受伤 这竟然是你吃的第一个Cho家批萨 |
[22:30] | What can I say? I lack pizza imagination. | 让我说什么好呢? 我缺乏批萨的想象力 |
[22:35] | So, hear you got into Oxford. Congrats. | 恩,听说你被牛津录取了,恭喜你了 |
[22:39] | Yeah, sweet. If I can come up with about a billion dollars or so. | 是啊, 谢谢 如果能有人提供我十亿美元什么的 |
[22:43] | Well. I hear you’ve edged into the lead for Valedictorian now. | 哦, 可我听说你现在 在毕业生致词代表上正领先着呢 |
[22:47] | If you don’t blow it in the next nine weeks, that Kane scholarship will pay for Oxford entirely. | 如果你在接下来的九个星期里不出问题的话 那么Kane奖学金将会支付你所有在牛津的学费 |
[22:52] | – So, Sabrina | -所以, Sabrina? -啊, 那个小婊子 |
[22:56] | – You don’t like her. – Do you? Does anyone? | -你不喜欢她? -你喜欢吗? 有谁喜欢她吗? |
[22:59] | She’s had it pretty tough this week. | 她这星期挺倒霉的 |
[23:01] | Boo hoo. You know how many breaks she’s had? | Boo hoo, 你知道她有多幸运吗? |
[23:05] | She got AP credit for a school sponsored trip to Rome. | 她得到AP的学分 可以被一所学校赞助去罗马旅行 |
[23:08] | Her mom is the School Board President. | 她妈妈是校董事会的主席 |
[23:10] | I mean, how can I compete with that? | 我是说, 我和这些东西怎么竞争? |
[23:12] | I work twenty hours a week, no tutors, it’s just the way it is here. | 我一周工作20个小时, 没人辅导 这就是这里的规矩 |
[23:16] | Money talks, etcetera, etcetera. | 钱说了算, 等等, 等等 |
[23:21] | You know what I’m talking about. | 你知道我在说什么吧 |
[23:23] | Hamilton. This order’s ready. | 这些订的批萨已经准备好了 |
[23:26] | Gotta run. | 必须得走了 |
[23:28] | Pop, I’ll be back in ten. | 爸, 我十点前回来 |
[23:30] | Of course I agree, Hamilton. The world is unfair. | 当然我同意, Hamilton 这世界就是这么不公平 |
[23:32] | That’s why I don’t feel good about putting a tracker on your car. | 所以放一个追踪器在你车上 让我感觉也不太舒服 |
[23:50] | Can I help you? | 有什么事吗? |
[23:53] | Mr Mars. | Mars先生 |
[23:55] | I’m sorry, I didn’t hear you knock. | 对不起, 我没听见你敲门 |
[23:57] | I must have been in the shower. | 一定是因为我在里面洗澡 |
[24:00] | Well, come on in, I’ll fix you a cup of coffee. | 快进来吧, 我给你冲杯咖啡 |
[24:08] | It’s been a while. | 有阵子没见了 |
[24:10] | It has. | 是有阵子了 |
[24:11] | What brings you to my door? | 是什么让你到我这来呢? |
[24:16] | Looking for someone. | 找某个人 |
[24:22] | Her name is Amelia DeLongpre. | 她的名字叫Amelia DeLongpre |
[24:24] | Geez. You mean the head of a corporate security team came to a little old PI like me? | 天哪, 你是说一个这么大公司的安全主管 来找像我这样的又矮又老的私家侦探? |
[24:30] | I’m flattered. | 我很荣幸 |
[24:32] | I’m two fifty a day. | 250美元一天 |
[24:34] | I had thought maybe you knew already where she was. | 我原本以为你已经知道她在哪里了呢 |
[24:37] | Company has some important information for her. | 公司有些对她很重要的事情要告诉她 |
[24:39] | We thought perhaps | 我们以为也许 |
[24:41] | she might even be staying with you. | 她可能会和你呆在一起 |
[24:43] | In my two room apartment. | 在我这只有两个房间的公寓 |
[24:46] | Well take a look around, Clarence. | Clarence, 你自己四处看看 |
[24:48] | God’s honest truth, I don’t know who that woman is | 上帝作证, 我不知道那女人是谁 |
[24:50] | or why I’d have her stashed here, but knock yourself out. | 或者为什么我会把她藏在这 可我会把你给赶出去 |
[24:56] | Are we done here, then? | 再没别的什么事了? |
[25:01] | Thanks for your hospitality. | 谢谢你的好客 |
[25:10] | Guess who stopped by today? | 猜猜谁今天来过? |
[25:11] | If you say Josh Hartnett, I’m gonna be so bummed. | 如果你说是Josh Hartnett 我一定会很失望的 |
[25:15] | Clarence Wiedman. | |
[25:18] | He’s the head of security for Kane Software. | 他是Kane软件公司的安全主管 |
[25:21] | And for an hour after he left I sat here wondering. | 等他走了以后, 我坐在这想了一个多小时 |
[25:25] | What did I stumble on that has them so rattled that they’d send over their top guy? | 我究竟偶然发现了什么 使他们这么紧张地派来他们的主管? |
[25:30] | I wasn’t sure what it was but I was proud. | 我不清楚到底是什么但我很骄傲 |
[25:33] | Clearly I was making them nervous. | 很明显我让他们有点紧张了 |
[25:37] | Then it occurred to me. | 然后这提醒了我 |
[25:39] | I didn’t stumble on anything. | 我没有发现任何东西 |
[25:41] | I haven’t touched the case in months. Nope, I’m not scaring the Kanes. | 我已经几个月没再碰这个案子了 不是, 不是我吓着Kanes他们了 |
[25:47] | My seventeen year old daughter is. | 是我17岁的女儿吓着他们了 |
[25:49] | I know who he is. He’s looking for Abel Koontz’s daughter. | 我知道他是谁 他在找的是Abel Koontz的女儿 |
[25:56] | Of course, she changed her name. | 难怪, 她换了个名字 |
[26:01] | She’s the one getting the payoff. | 她是那个领走了赔偿金的人 |
[26:05] | And you know where Amelia is. | 而且你知道这个Amelia在哪里 |
[26:09] | Do you have any idea how dangerous it is, what you’re doing? | 你知道你所做的这些有多危险吗? |
[26:12] | I’m protecting her so that the Kanes can’t get to her and cover up the money trail. | 我在保护她, 这样Kanes的人就找不到她 不能掩盖他们付钱的痕迹了 |
[26:16] | Well who’s going to protect you, Veronica? | 那谁又会来保护你呢, Veronica? |
[26:18] | Understand me. That family will do anything to make that evidence go away. | 相信我 那个家庭会做任何事情来让这些证据消失的 |
[26:21] | She’s willing to help us, Dad. | 她愿意帮助我们, 爸爸 |
[26:23] | She’s already agreed to turn over the phoney patent documents, | 她已经同意把那些伪造的专利文件交给警察 |
[26:26] | that’s as much of a smoking gun as we’re gonna find. | 那几乎就是我们所要找的无可辩驳的罪证 (Smoking gun: 意思是无可辩驳的罪证 是由共和党人巴伯·孔那波 于水门事件调查期间杜撰出来的) |
[26:29] | That girl must really love her old man if she’s trading three million bucks for three months of his life. | 那个女孩一定是特别爱那个老家伙 如果她真愿意用300万美元 来换他仅剩的三个月生命的话 |
[26:34] | – You know about Abel- – Stomach cancer? | -你知道Abel- -胃癌? |
[26:40] | All right Veronica. | 好吧Veronica |
[26:43] | New game, new rules. | 新的游戏, 新的规则 |
[26:47] | I told you a long time ago to drop this case- | 我很早以前就告诉过你放弃这案子- |
[26:49] | – Dad, I won’t- – I know. Just listen. | -爸, 我不会放弃的- -我知道, 你只是给我听好 |
[26:52] | You have to promise me that you’ll be more careful. | 你必须向我保证你会更加的小心 |
[26:55] | That means no more surprise visits from Clarence Wiedman. | 也就是说不可以再有Clarence Wiedman 他们这种突然的拜访了 |
[26:58] | I just can’t make myself more clear. | 我没法再把话说得更清楚了 |
[27:03] | I’ll promise. | 我保证 |
[27:05] | All right. | 好的 |
[27:10] | I found a cell phone record showing that Jake Kane called Clarence | 我找到个手机通话记录显示Jake Kane 谋杀那天晚上回家之前五分钟 |
[27:13] | five minutes before he arrived home the night of the murder. | 给Clarence打过电话 |
[27:16] | So when Jake’s alibi went all to pieces and I started to question the coroner’s time of death, | 因为由于Jake的不在场证据到处都是 我就开始怀疑验尸官所确定的死亡时间 |
[27:20] | the core body temperature just didn’t match the rest of the timeline. | 结果我发现尸体内部的温度与 其他部位温度所显示的死亡时间并不符合 |
[27:26] | You think Jake called Clarence Wiedman after he discovered Lilly’s body? | 你认为Jake是在发现Lilly尸体之后 才给Clarence Wiedman打电话的? |
[27:33] | To do what? | 去做什么呢? |
[27:37] | Whatever needed to be done. | 所有需要安排的事情 |
[27:45] | Clarence Wiedman. | |
[27:47] | Ex-army intelligence, | 前军情人员 |
[27:49] | ex-FBI, | 前FBI探员 |
[27:52] | ex-god knows what else. | 无所不知的万能的上帝 |
[27:55] | Probably a good man in a bad situation. | 也可能是一个没别的办法的好人 |
[28:08] | Clarence. I need your help. | Clarence, 我需要你的帮助 |
[28:17] | Mr Kane, listen to me. I need you to go to the trunk and get the rest of it. | Kane先生, 听我说 我需要你去车厢那里把其他的东西都拿过来 |
[28:21] | And then we need to decide which one of you found her. | 然后我们需要决定是你们哪一个发现了她 |
[28:24] | Now show me the body. | 好, 告诉我尸体在哪里 |
[28:34] | Hello. | 你好 |
[28:35] | Veronica? Now it’s this car alarm. | Veronica? 这里有辆车不停地鸣叫着它的警报 |
[28:37] | It’s been going off outside of my window for the last two hours. | 它已经在我窗户外面响了快两个小时了 |
[28:41] | We called the police twice. It just stops right before they get here. | 我报了两次警 可每次就在他们到之前它就停下来了 |
[28:44] | Well, it can’t be Hamilton. He’s been at Cho’s all night. | 哦, 那就不可能是Hamilton了 他这一整晚都呆在Cho家批萨店 |
[28:49] | Veronica. I can’t take this anymore. Are you gonna help me or what? | Veronica, 我再也受不了了 你还到底要不要帮我? |
[28:53] | Get out. Go find the car and take down the licence plate. | 出去, 找到那辆车 记下车牌号码 |
[28:56] | I’ll see what I can do tomorrow. | 我看我明天能做些什么 |
[29:02] | In the meantime, I need to find out when a certain ticking time bomb is set to go off. | 同时, 我必须弄清楚 那颗’定时炸弹’会定在什么时间爆炸 |
[29:09] | I’d like to know when you plan on telling Duncan and everyone how I’m psycho | 我想知道你准备什么时候告诉Duncan 和所有人我有多神经质 |
[29:13] | or, at least, unhealthily obsessed. I’d like to be prepared. | 或者, 至少, 多不健康地受到困扰 我想有点心理准备 |
[29:19] | You know, something’s been bothering me. | 你知道, 有些事情一直困扰着我 |
[29:21] | About Duncan having whatever he has, that weird kind of epilepsy. Are you sure? | 关于Duncan有的那些不管那是什么 那种奇怪的癫痫病, 你肯定吗? |
[29:25] | – About that? – Yeah. | -关于那个? -对 |
[29:27] | Yeah. | 是的, 我肯定 |
[29:31] | I’ve know him since kindergarten, why didn’t he ever mention it to me? | 我从上幼儿园的时候就认识他了 他为什么从来没和我提到过? |
[29:34] | I don’t think he or his parents wanted anyone to know. | 我想他或者他的父母不会 想让任何人知道这事的 |
[29:38] | I think they still want him to be president some day. | 我想他们还是希望他某天能成为总统的 |
[29:42] | Does that mean that he has, like, fits or something? | 就是说他得了, 像是癫痫的什么东西? |
[29:44] | Possibly. | 有可能 |
[29:45] | Other times the attacks might manifest themselves as | 其他时候, 他的病情可能通过 |
[29:48] | hysterical laughter or uncontrollable crying. | 歇斯底里的狂笑或者控制不住地大哭表现出来 |
[29:52] | Or a blind rage. | 或者是莫名其妙的发脾气 |
[29:56] | Does any of that sound familiar to you? | 这些里面有什么你觉得很熟悉吗? |
[30:03] | I’m only telling you, okay. | 我只告诉你一个人, 好吗? |
[30:08] | Last year when | 去年当- |
[30:12] | I was over at their place, I heard screaming from the next room. | 当我有一次在他们家喝醉了 我听见隔壁房间传来尖叫声 |
[30:16] | I heard Duncan’s voice and thought someone had broken into the house | 我听见是Duncan的声音 我想可能是有人闯了进来 |
[30:19] | and when I got there, I found him on the floor | 等我到那里的时候 我发现他趴在地板上 |
[30:23] | and he had his hands around his dad’s throat. | 正用手掐着他爸爸的脖子 |
[30:27] | And I tried to pull him off. | 我想试着把他拉下来 |
[30:31] | And all of a sudden he went limp and he was Duncan again. | 然后突然他一下子失去了力量 他又重新变成了Duncan |
[30:36] | What did Jake say to you? | Jake跟你怎么说? |
[30:39] | Nothing. | 什么也没说 |
[30:41] | We helped Duncan to his room and it was over. | 我们把Duncan扶回房间 然后就这样了 |
[30:45] | I tried talking to Duncan the next day at school but | 第二天在学校我想和Duncan谈谈这个 |
[30:49] | he acted like he didn’t remember a thing. | 可他装作什么都记不得的样子 |
[30:53] | When Lilly died? | 是Lilly死的那段时候? |
[30:55] | No. | 不是 |
[31:00] | It was the week you guys broke up. | 是你们俩分手那周 |
[31:04] | It’s weird, huh? | 很古怪, 啊? |
[31:17] | Despite serious sleep deprivation, Sabrina remembered to get the plate on the offending car. | 尽管极度缺乏睡眠, Sabrina还是没忘记 把来骚扰她的车的车牌号给记了下来 |
[31:22] | An ’83 K-car registered to Debra Villareal | 一辆由Debra Villareal注册的83年的K型车 (铃木的一款小车) |
[31:26] | who’s touring Europe as “Jasmine” in “Aladdin on Ice”. | 而她正像”雪中阿拉丁”里的 “Jasmine”那样正在欧洲旅游呢 |
[31:29] | So what’s her K-car doing parked outside the Fuller residence? | 那她的K型车停在Fuller家门外干什么? |
[31:32] | I doubt it’s coincidence that Debra Villareal was once married to Vinnie Vanlowe, Private Eye. | 我开始怀疑Debra Villareal曾经嫁给过Vinnie Vanlowe –那个私家侦探, 这并不是一个巧合 |
[31:42] | Hello? | 喂? |
[31:43] | Sabrina, hi. I need to borrow some of your spirit week stuff. | Sabrina, 我需要借一下 你们搞’心情周’用的那些东西 |
[31:52] | I’m not an expert on the male mind so maybe someday | 我并不是一个男性心理专家 所以可能有一天 |
[31:55] | someone can tell me what it is about chrome, glass and fake black leather | 某人会来告诉我镀铬的眼镜 和黑色的假皮衣 |
[31:59] | that are supposed to represent masculinity. | 原来是用来代表男子气概的 |
[32:01] | Ah, can I help you? | 啊, 有什么事需要帮忙吗? |
[32:03] | Yes! You can help me by asking if Mr Vanlowe has a second to see Veronica Mars | 是的! 你可以问一下Vanlowe先生 是否有空来见一下Veronica Mars |
[32:08] | and you can help Neptune High by buying cookies for our spirit week. | 也可以为我们的’心情周’买几块饼干 当作是对我们Neptune高中的帮助 |
[32:12] | Oh, Vinnie loves these mints. I’ll take one. | 哦, Vinnie可喜欢这些薄荷饼干了 给我来一块 |
[32:16] | If you buy two, you get a spirit pin. | 如果你买两块 你就可以得到这个代表好心情的饰物 |
[32:18] | Oh, I have to have a pin, here. That’s ten. | 哦, 我必须得要一个这样的饰物 给你, 这里是10块钱 |
[32:24] | Go Pirates. | 加油, 海盗们 |
[32:26] | Ma, I told you a million times, if you don’t order extra mayo on the tuna it gets all cr- | 妈, 我告诉过你几百万次了 如果你不在金枪鱼上多涂点蛋黄酱 它就变得完全得- |
[32:32] | Why Ms Mars. | Mars小姐, 有什么事吗? |
[32:35] | So, uh, what can I do for you? | 那么, 啊, 我能为你做点什么? |
[32:39] | – Couple of things, actually. – Shoot. | -可以有很多事情, 实际上 -说吧 |
[32:44] | First, my dad just wanted me to come by and say he is unable to take you up on your offer. | 首先, 我爸爸让我过来顺便告诉你 他不能接手你提供的那些案子 |
[32:50] | He says thanks anyway and in the spirit of mutual co-operation, | 他说无论如何都应该对你说声谢谢 而且秉着互相合作的精神 |
[32:54] | he wanted to give you this. | 他让我把这个给你 |
[32:58] | Mars Investigation address and phone right there on the pen. | 刻着Mars侦探社的地址和电话的钢笔 |
[33:02] | Class. | 很经典 |
[33:05] | So what’s the number two thing? | 那你来的第二件事是为什么? |
[33:06] | I was hoping maybe you could tell me who hired you to harass Sabrina Fuller. | 我想你可能可以告诉我是谁 雇你去骚扰Sabrina Fuller |
[33:11] | Sabrina Fuller. | |
[33:12] | Doesn’t ring a bell. I don’t believe I know such a person. | 听起来不怎么耳熟, 我想我应该不认识这个人 |
[33:15] | See, I think that you do. | 其实, 我觉得你应该认识 |
[33:17] | Either that or your ex-wife really hates academic achievers. | 要么或者是你的前妻真的 非常恨那些学习成绩优异的人 |
[33:20] | My ex-wife, Brenda? | 我前妻, Brenda? |
[33:22] | No. | 不是 |
[33:23] | Masako! | |
[33:24] | Debra. | |
[33:25] | Guess she’s been having some trouble with her K-car? | 我猜她的K型车一定出了什么问题? |
[33:30] | Uh, well I don’t know anything about that, I mean, I wish I can help you but I can’t. | 啊, 我真的对此一无所知, 我是说 我真的希望我能帮你, 可我没办法 |
[33:33] | As you can see, I’m in the middle of a job here, so if you don’t mind. | 正像你看到的, 我正在办一件案子 所以如果你不介意的话 |
[33:39] | Sure. Just trying to help a friend out at school. No big deal. | 当然, 我只是想帮我学校的朋友一个忙 没什么了不起的 |
[33:43] | Well, tell your dad, thanks for the pen. | 告诉你爸爸 谢谢他的钢笔 |
[33:45] | Sure. And you-you’ve a little something on your face. | 当然, 你-你脸上有点东西 |
[33:49] | Potato chip? | 薯条? |
[33:55] | That is not cool. | 那一点也不酷 |
[34:03] | So what did you find out? | 你都发现些什么? |
[34:05] | Nothing, but I sold two boxes of cookies. | 什么也没有, 可我卖了两盒子饼干 |
[34:09] | You found out nothing. So, what is the point of us even doing this? | 你什么也没发现 那我们在这做这些都有什么意义? |
[34:13] | Why didn’t you tell me you got thin mints? Come in here. | 你怎么不告诉我你这里有薄荷饼干? 到这里来 |
[34:15] | That’s the point. Just wait. | 这就是意义, 只需要等就可以了 |
[34:18] | Yeah, uh-huh, cute. | 是的, 啊-哈, 很可爱 |
[34:21] | Hey, ma, whose that band I like, ooh, yeah, Hall and Oates. John Hall and Daryl Oates. | 嘿, 妈, 我喜欢的乐队是哪个来着 哦, 对, 是霍尔与奥兹二重唱 John Hall和Daryl Oates |
[34:27] | That one song. Private Eye, I’m watching you | 就是那首歌, Private Eye, I’m watching you |
[34:32] | and I see your every move. Yeah, Veronica Mars, | |
[34:37] | I’m watching you, Private Eye. | |
[34:42] | I’m watching you. | |
[34:45] | Hall and Oates, Veronica. They wrote the song and now you’re living it. | Hall和Oates, Veronica 他们写了这首歌而你现在和歌里唱的一样 |
[34:49] | How’s it feel? | 感觉怎么样? |
[34:51] | Private Eyes, watching you, | |
[34:55] | watching your every move, baby. | |
[34:59] | Private eyes, Veronica Mars. | |
[35:05] | Oops. | 唔 |
[35:11] | Now what are we supposed to do? | 现在我们应该怎么办? |
[35:13] | Sabrina, give me a little more credit. | Sabrina, 再给我点信任 |
[35:16] | Vinnie, did you get that- What are you doing? | Vinnie, 你拿到了那个- 你在干什么呢? |
[35:19] | Did you bring the mints? We need to get rid of that K-car. | 你把薄荷饼干拿来了吗? 我们必须把那辆K型车给处理掉 |
[35:22] | Call Gary and have him tow it. Get Jim on the horn. | 打电话给Gary, 让他把车拖走 然后让我和Jim通话 |
[35:24] | You wanna pizza? You just ate. | 你还想吃批萨? 你刚吃完饭 |
[35:27] | Ma, it’s j-it’s business. | 妈, 这是公事 |
[35:28] | What? | 什么? |
[35:30] | Sabrina, I know who did it. | Sabrina, 我知道是谁做的了 |
[35:32] | My son never had a fair chance. | 我儿子从来就没得到过公平的机会 |
[35:35] | I didn’t give him the same advantages as the kids he has to compete with. | 我没办法给他别的孩子都有的优势 所以他必须什么都去竞争 |
[35:39] | You want us to believe getting a private eye | 你希望我们去相信 去找一个私家侦探 |
[35:42] | to harass my daughter is acceptable just because we happen to have money? | 来骚扰我的女儿是可以让人接受的 就因为我们很不凑巧的比较有钱吗? |
[35:47] | But my son didn’t have anything to do with this. | 但我儿子对这事一无所知 |
[35:50] | He’s worked so hard and he deserves- | 他这么用功地学习而且他理应得到- |
[35:53] | All right, look. Well, it just seems like a mess. | 好的, 等一下, 这看起来有点乱七八糟的 |
[35:56] | But, uh, under the circumstances, assuming that Hamilton and Sabrina | 可是, 啊, 根据这些情况, 假如Hamilton和Sabrina |
[36:00] | finish the year one-two, we are willing to split the scholarship this year. | 这学期结束仍然排名第一第二的话 我们愿意让你们平分今年的奖学金 |
[36:06] | I mean, if that’s acceptable to the two of you. | 我是说, 如果你们两个都同意的话 |
[36:13] | No. The honour of Valedictorian belongs to my daughter. | 不, 代表毕业生致毕业辞的 荣誉应该归我女儿 |
[36:17] | And so does that scholarship. | 以及那份奖学金 |
[36:18] | Mrs Fuller, please. | Fuller夫人, 求你了 |
[36:20] | There’s one agreement I’m prepared to make. | 只有一份协议我愿意和你们达成 |
[36:23] | This young man will remove himself from the Valedictorian race | 这个年轻人主动退出代表毕业生致词的竞争 |
[36:28] | and we won’t press charges. | 这样我们就不会起诉你们 |
[36:30] | Mrs Fuller, is that the only solution that you would consider? | Fuller夫人 这是你唯一愿意考虑的解决方法吗? |
[36:34] | – Can we- – Naw, I’ll do it. | -我们可以- -不, 我愿意 |
[36:42] | What the hell? | 管他呢? |
[36:44] | Hamilton, no. | Hamilton, 不要 |
[36:45] | Hamilton, this is ridiculous. They can’t force you to do this. | Hamilton, 这太可笑了 他们不能逼你这么做 |
[36:50] | They just did. | 他们刚这么做了 |
[36:51] | Come on, Dad. | 走吧, 爸爸 |
[36:55] | Hamilton? | |
[36:58] | I’m so sorry. | 对不起 |
[37:00] | Ah, it’s not your fault. | 啊, 这不是你的错 |
[37:01] | What are you going to do now? | 你现在准备怎么办? |
[37:03] | You know, work two jobs, take out loans. State school. | 你知道, 干两份工作, 贷一笔款 去上所国立学校 |
[37:06] | Twenty years from now, she’ll be working for me. | 20年后, 她就得为我工作了 |
[37:10] | And Oxford? | 那牛津呢? |
[37:12] | Proust is still Proust. | 普鲁斯特仍然还是普鲁斯特. |
[37:13] | Even at UCLA. | 即使是在UCLA (加州大学洛杉矶分校, 很牛的学校) |
[37:21] | Life is fundamentally unfair. | 人生从根本上就是不公平的 |
[37:24] | It takes real talent to make unfair seem cool. | 它使真正的天才对这些不公平越来越无所谓 |
[37:27] | Hamilton Cho. Proof that kids love their dads, no matter how badly they screw up. | Hamilton Cho, 证明了一个孩子是多么地爱他的父亲 无论他们的生活有多糟糕 |
[37:32] | It’s the exact kind of love I’m banking on from Amelia DeLongpre. | 这正是我寄望于Amelia DeLongpre身上的那种她对父亲的爱 |
[37:43] | Excuse me. | 对不起 |
[37:45] | Listen, do you happen to have a cell phone on you? | 你身上带手机了吗? |
[37:47] | I gotta call Triple A. | 我必须给三A保险公司打个电话 |
[37:49] | – Hello? – Veronica. | -你好? |
[37:50] | – Hey, Amelia. – The papers came. | -嘿, Amelia -文件寄到了 |
[37:52] | Oh, thank god. I’ll be right by to make copies. How are you holding up? | 哦, 感谢上帝 我马上就过来复制一份 你最近过得怎么样? |
[37:56] | Tired of trying to concentrate on Plato and, | 看柏拉图看得头都大了 |
[37:59] | all I can think about is what I’m gonna say to my dad when I finally see him. | 我每天都在想的就是 当我终于能去看我爸爸的时候 我应该和他说些什么 |
[38:03] | Oh, it’s my boyfriend. See you soon. | 哦, 是我男朋友, 一会见 |
[38:07] | Hey, sweetie. | 嘿, 亲爱的 |
[38:08] | Miss DeLongpre? Don’t hang up. | DeLongpre小姐? 不要挂电话 |
[38:10] | My name is Clarence Wiedman. | 我叫Clarence Wiedman |
[38:12] | The woman you’re dealing with isn’t who she says she is. | 正和你做交易的那女人 她在骗你 |
[38:17] | Dad, we’ve got it. Amelia has the settlement papers at her hotel. | 爸爸, 我们拿到了 Amelia拿着文件正在旅馆呢 |
[38:21] | Good work, honey. Let’s go. | 干得好, 亲爱的 我们走 |
[38:41] | As it turns out, I won’t be needing your services, Keith. | 正如你所看到的 我不需要你的帮忙, Keith. |
[38:45] | Where is she? | 她在哪? |
[38:46] | Gone. | 走了 |
[38:47] | You took her? | 你带走了她? |
[38:48] | She took herself. | 她自己走的. |
[38:50] | Miss DeLongpre was particularly upset with you, Miss Mars, | DeLongpre小姐对你格外的不信任 Mars小姐 |
[38:53] | for failing to mention her father’s declining health. | 因为你没有告诉她她父亲已经快要死了 |
[38:56] | Let’s go, honey. | 我们走吧, 亲爱的 |
[38:57] | Where? | 她在哪? |
[38:58] | Where would you go if you had your own Swiss bank account? | 如果你有一个瑞士银行的户头 你会去哪里? |
[39:01] | Thank you for bringing Amelia to Neptune, Miss Mars. | 谢谢你把Amelia带到Neptune来, Mars小姐 |
[39:05] | She just finalised her father’s settlement with Kane Software. | 她正好最后完成了她父亲和 Kane软件公司之间的协议 |
[39:17] | What do you do when the best chance you’ve had at cracking the case, | 当你有最好的机会可以破这个案子的时候 你会怎么做 |
[39:20] | packs up her suitcase and heads to Biarritz or St Tropez or wherever rich people disappear to? | 收拾好她的行李带她去Biarritz (在法国西南沿海, 欧洲著名赌场) 或者是St Tropez(圣图卢兹, 法国城市) 或者是任何哪个有钱人都会在那里消失的地方? |
[39:26] | Oh, hey honey, what are you doing on the floor in the corner? | 哦, 嘿亲爱的, 你坐在墙角的地上干什么呢? |
[39:29] | – Dad, I- – Well, don’t sit on the floor. | -爸爸, 我- -不要坐在地上 |
[39:32] | Take the chair. | 坐在椅子上 |
[39:36] | I changed the combination on this thing, you know. | 我改了这东西的密码, 你知道 |
[39:41] | 41-54-17. | |
[39:48] | Random numbers? Just like you said. | 随机的数字? 就像你说的那样 |
[39:51] | 415 and 417. Flight numbers. | 415和417, 飞机航班号 |
[39:54] | Our honeymoon, your mom and I. | 我们的蜜月, 你妈妈和我 |
[39:57] | I never can remember the random ones. | 我永远记不住随机的东西 |
[40:06] | Obviously, Jake and Celeste lied about their alibis | 很显然 Jake和Celeste在他们的不在场证据上说谎了 |
[40:09] | but what made you think they were involved in covering up Lilly’s death. | 但是, 是什么让你认为他们都 参与了掩盖Lilly的被杀真相呢 |
[40:15] | When the call came in that Lilly had been found, I was the first one at the scene. | 当发现Lilly尸体的电话打来的时候 我是第一个到达现场的 |
[40:22] | How long had you two been home before you discovered her body. | 你们俩在家多长时间才发现了她的尸体? |
[40:27] | Five minutes, um, ten, maybe. | 五分钟, 恩, 十分钟, 也有可能 |
[40:34] | I knew the kids were home so I decided | 我知道孩子们已经回家了 所以我决定 |
[40:38] | to check for them out at the pool | 去看一下他们在不在游泳池 |
[40:43] | and that’s, um, that’s when I found | 就是这时候, 恩, 我就是这时候发现 |
[40:50] | and that’s when I, uh, that’s when I found | 我就是这时候, 啊, 我就是这时候发现, 哦 |
[40:59] | And where was Duncan at that moment? | Duncan这时候在哪里? |
[41:03] | He was-he was showering. | 他在-他正在洗澡 |
[41:06] | He, uh, beat us home but he hadn’t gone out to the pool. | 他, 啊, 在我们之前回到家 可他没有到外面的游泳池来 |
[41:24] | You doing some laundry? | 你们正在洗东西? |
[41:29] | The Kanes had two full-time housekeepers. | Kanes家有两个全天的女佣 |
[41:32] | My guess, they hadn’t done their own laundry in a very long time | 我的疑问是 他们两个肯定很长时间没有自己亲手洗衣服了 |
[41:36] | so give me one good reason why they would start a load of laundry | 那给我一个充分的理由来解释为什么他们要在 |
[41:39] | the night they found their daughter bludgeoned to death. | 他们女儿被人用硬物连击致死的晚上 开始洗那么多东西呢 |
[41:42] | Honey, it was a soccer uniform I found in the dryer. | 亲爱的, 我在烘干机里找到的是一件足球队服 |
[41:48] | Duncan and Lilly were so different. | Duncan和Lilly完全不一样 |
[41:50] | They didn’t always like each other, but they always loved each other. | 他们并不总是喜欢对方 可他们一定是爱着对方的 |
[41:54] | He never would have hurt her. | 他决不会伤害她的 |
[41:55] | But what if emotional turmoil, the same kind that drove him to attack his father, | 可如果是情绪上突然失控 和他攻击他爸爸那次一样 |
[42:00] | turned Duncan into someone else entirely. | 使Duncan完全变成了另外一个人 |
[42:05] | You’re blocking my sun. | 你挡着我晒太阳了 |
[42:08] | Synchro: Amariss – www.forom.com – | 禁止任何商业用途否则后果自负 ————————– |