时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:13] | Oh, my god, Logan. | 噢, 我的天, Logan. |
[00:14] | But I didn’t stab him, Veronica. | 可是我没扎过他, Veronica. |
[00:15] | I believe you. | 我相信你. |
[00:16] | Logan’s high-priced lawyers crushed the P.C.H.Ers, and the town went crazy. | Logan的高价律师攻击PCH的人 然后小镇就变得疯狂了 |
[00:23] | You’re breaking up with me? | 你要跟我分手? |
[00:24] | Someone’s gonna get killed, Logan. | 有人会被杀死的,Logan |
[00:28] | Ah, young love. | 啊,年轻的情侣 |
[00:30] | – Let’s just get on the bus. – I’m gonna miss you. | – 我们上车吧 – 我会想念你的. |
[00:32] | Did I mention that he didn’t take the breakup that well? | 我说过他没有很好地接受分手吗? |
[00:34] | So, where did your dad meet her? | 那么, 你爸在那里认识她的? |
[00:36] | She was a laker girl. And you know my dad — | 她是湖人的啦啦队 而且你知道我爸 |
[00:38] | he has good seats. | 他有好的坐位. |
[00:39] | The way she’s acting, you’d think I seduced Duncan on their wedding day. | 她表现的方式 你会认为我是在Duncan和她的婚礼上把他勾引走的 |
[00:42] | I’m gonna go try and talk to Meg one more time. | 我要试着再跟Meg谈一次 |
[00:44] | You don’t owe her anything. | 你什么都不欠她的 |
[00:46] | You didn’t do anything to her. | 你对她什么都没干. |
[00:47] | I thought it was important as a mayoral candidate | 我认为对于一个市长候选人来说 |
[00:50] | that my daughter, gia, attend the public high school in Neptune. | 我的女儿,Gia,加入Neptune的公立高中是很重要的 |
[00:53] | All here? | 人齐了? |
[00:55] | All here. | 齐了. |
[01:02] | They’re all dead! | 他们都死了! |
[01:03] | It just went straight off the cliff. | 它冲下了悬崖 |
[01:05] | They’re all dead! | 他们都死了! |
[01:09] | If a school bus traveling 40 miles per hour drives off a cliff | 如果一趟校车以每小时40英里的速度开下悬崖 |
[01:13] | and plunges 90 feet into the jagged coastline, | 然后跌进参差不齐的海岸线90英尺深 |
[01:16] | how many seconds do the six high-school students, their teacher, | 这六个高中学生,老师和司机 |
[01:20] | and bus driver have to contemplate the fact that they’re about to die? | 需要多少秒才认清他们将要死去的事实? |
[01:26] | Two mississippis’ worth of screams, life flashes, and prayers, maybe. | 两个密西西比河的尖叫,人生闪回,也许还有祈祷 |
[01:32] | But if anyone used that time to make a deal with his maker, | 但是如果任何人用那段时间跟制造者达成个协议 |
[01:35] | only one of them was heard. | 他们中只有一个会被听到 |
[01:39] | How’s Meg? | Meg 怎么样了? |
[01:40] | The same — unconscious but hanging in there. | 一样 没有知觉但是还挺得住 |
[01:45] | Hey, cindy, I’m gonna take my break. Can you watch the front? | 嘿,Cindy,我想休息一下. 你能照应一下前台吗? |
[01:50] | You have to stop torturing yourself. | 你不能再折磨自己了. |
[01:52] | I’m not torturing myself. | 我没折磨自己. |
[01:54] | I’m experiencing an appropriate degree of guilt. | 我在经历一种适当程度的内疚 |
[01:57] | There’s no crime. | 没人犯罪 |
[01:58] | This isn’t your fault. | 不是你的错 |
[02:00] | If it wasn’t for me, Meg would have been in the limo. | 如果不是我,Meg 应该在豪华车里 |
[02:02] | She’d be home. | 她应该回家了 |
[02:04] | She wouldn’t need a machine to breathe. | 她不会靠一个机器来呼吸 |
[02:06] | You’re not the only one she was avoiding. | 你并非是她唯一要避开的人 |
[02:10] | Yeah, I was. | 不,我是 |
[02:12] | If I wasn’t with you, Meg would have been. | 如果我没有跟你在一起,Meg应该会 |
[02:15] | She’d be safe. | 她会没事的 |
[02:19] | When you guys are done breaking up, can I get a macchiato? | 你们完事儿后 可以给我来杯玛奇雅朵咖啡吗? |
[02:23] | I’m actually just the hostess, but — look, I don’t care if you’re the house magician. | 我实际上只是接待员,但是 听着,我不管你是不是变戏法的. |
[02:27] | Can you just make me a macchiato? | 你能给我弄杯玛奇雅朵咖啡吗? |
[02:34] | Your macchiato. | 你的玛奇雅朵咖啡. |
[02:37] | You know you can do better, right? | 你知道你可以做的更好的,对吗? |
[02:40] | Will any s ort of bus-maintenancerecords be made public? | 会有类似于公车检修记录公布吗? |
[02:43] | Several parents have questioned the district’s commitment | 一些家长已经要求管区承诺 |
[02:45] | to providing new, well-maintained buses | 提供新的,检修好的公车 |
[02:47] | in a town where only kids from the poor side of town take the bus. | 在一个只有穷孩子坐公车的小镇 |
[02:51] | The bus driver was from that same side of town. Maybe they should think about that. | 公车司机也是镇上的穷人. 也许他们应该考虑到这一点 |
[02:54] | So is the bus driver the focus of your investigation right now? | 那么目前司机是你们调查的中心了? |
[02:57] | Are we looking at doyle? Of course. | 你是指 Doyle 吗? 当然 |
[03:00] | Have we uncovered information that concerns us? | 我们公布了涉及到我们所关心的信息了吗? |
[03:02] | Yes. | 是的. |
[03:03] | Such as? | 例如? |
[03:05] | Such as a history of mental illness, a history of marital problems. | 例如精神病史,婚姻问题 |
[03:10] | We know that ed doyle was prescribed an antidepression medication, | 我们知道 Ed Doyle 需要抗抑郁剂治疗 |
[03:13] | and that prescription was never filled. | 而且那个处方没完成过 |
[03:15] | There was also one previous attempt of suicide. | 同时还有一次明显的自杀企图 |
[03:18] | And there were no drag marks or skid marks at the scene? | 而且现场没有拖痕或者划痕? |
[03:21] | There were not. | 没有. |
[03:22] | So, just to be clear, you are investigating the possibility | 那么,说明白些吧,你们在调查Doyle |
[03:25] | that doyle drove off the cliff to commit suicide? | 冲下悬崖自杀的可能性? |
[03:29] | We are investigating all possibilities. | 我们在调查所有的可能 |
[03:31] | Sir, sir! | 先生,先生 |
[03:34] | Since the bus crash, reporters have laid siege to the school, | 自从公车事故之后,记者已经把学校给包围了 |
[03:37] | all looking for those students who want their name in the paper or face on tv so badly | 都在寻找极其想让他们的名字上报纸或者在电视上露个脸儿的学生 |
[03:43] | that they’re willing to pimp out their memories of our dead classmates to anyone who asks. | 他们会对任何询问的人来追忆起我们死去的同学 |
[03:54] | Morning. | 早上好. |
[03:56] | You know who I am, right? | 你知道我是谁, 对吗? |
[03:59] | I do. | 是啊. |
[04:02] | Just out of curiosity, did you know who I was last week? | 只是出于好奇,上周你知道我是谁吗? |
[04:08] | Nope. | 不. |
[04:10] | Your dad drives one bus off a cliff, and your days of being under the radar are over. | 你爸爸把车开下了悬崖,你默默无闻的就日子结束了 |
[04:17] | I’m sorry. Did you want something? | 对不起. 你想要什么? |
[04:19] | Yeah, so, I need proof that my father didn’t kill himself. | 是的,这个,我需要我父亲不是自杀的证据 |
[04:24] | Um, I have a mother and a little brother, | �蓿�我有母亲和一个弟弟, |
[04:28] | and we’ve become accustomed to having a place to live and, like, food. | 并且我们习惯有个地方住,还有就像吃的 |
[04:35] | Insurance companies don’t pay if they decide it’s suicide. | 保险公司如果认定是自杀就不会赔付 |
[04:39] | Jessie, I wouldn’t even know where to start with that. | Jessie,我都不知道从那里着手. |
[04:42] | I mean, how do you prove that someone didn’t kill themselves? | 我的意思是,如果证明不是自杀呢? |
[04:45] | If I knew, I wouldn’t be waiting for Veronica Mars in a bathroom. | 如果我知道的话,我就不会在盥洗室等着Veronica Mars了 |
[04:50] | I’m sorry. I can’t. | 对不起. 我不能. |
[04:53] | Great. Because “I’m sorry” is so helpful. | 好极了.因为“对不起”这句话真的很有用 |
[04:58] | Jessie. | |
[05:00] | You know, if my dad killed a bunch of people I went to school with, | 你知道,如果我父亲杀死了一拨跟我一起上学的人, |
[05:02] | I don’t know if I’d have the nerve to show my face at school. | 我不知道我是不是还有在学校露面的胆子了 |
[05:06] | Hey, Veronica, are you and Duncan coming to Logan’s “life’s short” party? | 嘿,Veronica,你和Duncan会去Logan的“人生苦短”派对吗? |
[05:10] | It’s gonna be — | 那会– |
[05:14] | okay. | |
[05:16] | I’ll help you. | 我会帮你的 |
[05:17] | But you must chill. | 但是你得冷静一下. |
[05:21] | A long time ago, | |
[05:24] | we used to be friends but I | |
[05:27] | haven’t thought of you lately at all | |
[05:32] | come on, now, sugar | |
[05:34] | bring it on, bring it on, yeah | |
[05:36] | just remember me when | |
[05:40] | we used to be friends a long time ago | |
[05:44] | we used to be friends. | |
[06:02] | I don’t even know what I’m looking for — | 我甚至都不知道我在找什么– |
[06:04] | skid marks the sheriff’s department missed or purposefully overlooked? | 警方没注意的或者有意错过的划痕? |
[06:08] | There’s nothing here to help jessie. | 没什么可以帮Jessie的 |
[06:10] | There’s nothing here to help anyone. | 没什么可以帮任何人的东西 |
[06:20] | I guess my dad doesn’t rate a votive candle. | 我猜没人为我爸爸点蜡烛 |
[06:25] | This doesn’t mean anything. | 这不意味着任何东西 |
[06:26] | If you were on that bus, you would want your pile to be the biggest. | 如果你当时在那辆车上,你会希望你的那根是最大的 |
[06:33] | Come on. There’s nothing here. | 别这样. 这儿什么都没有. |
[06:42] | Neptune — cleaner, safer. | Neptune 更干净,更安全. |
[06:44] | That’s my entire platform. | 这是我的全部平台 |
[06:46] | I’m running for county supervisor because I care about this town. | 我在竞选郡监察员因为我关心这个小镇 |
[06:49] | It’s my home. | 这是我的家. |
[06:52] | Dakota, you’re stepping in too soon. | Dakota,你出手太快了 |
[06:55] | Come on, man! When you gonna get off the field? | 好了,哥们儿!你们什么时候离开场地? |
[07:02] | It’s 11:05. | |
[07:04] | You guys are supposed to be off the field. | 你们应该已经走了. |
[07:05] | Wow, you can tell time. | 喔,你可以告诉我们时间的 |
[07:08] | Do you know what the key element to my safer plank is? | 你知道我的安全计划的核心是什么吗? |
[07:11] | – I don’t. – Having an effective sheriff in office. | – 我不知道. – 在办公室里有一个有用的郡治安官 |
[07:14] | Keith, I want you to run for sheriff. | Keith,我希望你竞选郡治安官. |
[07:17] | I’m prepared to use all my resources to support your candidacy. | 我准备动用我所有的资源来支持你竞选 |
[07:20] | – Mr. Goodman — – Woody. | – Goodman 先生 |
[07:22] | Woody, out of curiosity, where did you stand when I was removed from office? | Woody, 出于好奇, 当我被开除的时候你站在哪一方? |
[07:28] | I signed the petition to get rid of you. | 我在开除你的请愿书上签字了 |
[07:30] | I’m admitting right now that I was wrong. | 我现在承认我做错了 |
[07:34] | We had a good thing going with as you as sheriff, | 在你还是治安官的时候我们过得还不错 |
[07:36] | and there’s a whole community, I believe, that realizes that now. | 而且整个镇子的人,我相信,现在都认识到了 |
[07:40] | Come on, guys, let’s go play. | 来啊, 哥们儿, 我们玩去吧. |
[07:45] | Woody. | |
[07:48] | Hey! Break it up! | 嘿! 分开! |
[07:49] | Break it up! | 分开! |
[07:50] | Come on, hey! | 来吧, 嘿! |
[07:51] | Break it up! | 分开! |
[07:52] | Break it up, fellas! | 分开, 伙计们! |
[07:53] | Come on, now! | 快点儿, 现在! |
[07:54] | There’s enough daylight for everybody. | 每个人都会有充足的日光的 |
[07:57] | I apologize, boys. | 我道歉,孩子们 |
[07:58] | I see I let things run over. | 我知道我让事情过头了 |
[08:00] | Sportsmanship — that’s what it’s all about, isn’t it? | 运动家精神 这就是这个意思,对吗? |
[08:03] | That’s what separates us from the animals — | 那是区分我们和动物的东西 |
[08:05] | that and opposable thumbs. | 还有可反对的的大拇指 |
[08:10] | All right. | 好吧. |
[08:10] | Boys, clear the field. You guys have a good workout. | 孩子们,清理一下场地.你们会炼得不错的 |
[08:13] | Cheers. | 干杯. |
[08:14] | Come on, hustle it up! | 来吧,快点儿! |
[08:16] | You want to make the big leagues? | 你想打大联盟吗? |
[08:18] | You’ll think about what we talked about and get back to me by the end of the week? | 你会考虑一下我们谈的东西然后在周末给我答复吗? |
[08:21] | Of course. | 当然. |
[08:22] | Great. Come on, you guys. | 好极了. 来吧, 哥们儿们. |
[08:24] | Let’s go. Hustle up! Hustle, hustle, hustle! | 我们走. 快点儿! 快点儿, 快点儿, h快点儿! |
[08:26] | Hustle! Come on, now! | 快点儿! 来吧, 现在! |
[08:29] | I believe — | 我认为 |
[08:29] | and correct me if I’m wrong — | 如果我错了就纠正我 |
[08:31] | that woody goodman is what some people might call a shoo-in. | Woody Goodman是人们嘴里说的那种shoo-in(十拿九稳的取胜者) |
[08:35] | He is unopposed. | 他没对手. |
[08:36] | So he’s basically guaranteeing you a victory? | 那么他基本上保证了你的当选? |
[08:39] | What is there to think about? | 那还有什么可想的? |
[08:40] | Elections aren’t that easy, Veronica. | 选举没那么简单,Veronica |
[08:42] | Sure, they are. | 当然, 它们是. |
[08:44] | A couple of catchy bumper stickers, | 两个狡诈的顽固的家伙 |
[08:46] | your handsome mug plastered on all the benches in Neptune — | 你那张帅气的脸涂在了Neptune所有的海滩上 |
[08:50] | done and done. | 一次又一次. |
[08:52] | Elections dredge up ugliness. | 选举清除了丑陋的一面 |
[08:54] | I don’t want to subject you to that again. | 我不想让你再遭受一次了 |
[08:58] | You want to protect me? | 你想保护我? |
[09:00] | Run for sheriff. | 去竞选吧 |
[09:01] | …Before driving off the pacific coast highway. | …在开出太平洋沿岸高速公路前. |
[09:04] | He was kind of a weird duck. | 他是个奇怪的家伙. |
[09:05] | You could tell that right off the bat. | 你可以马上看出来 |
[09:07] | The guy comes in, buys a couple things, pays, goes to leave, then stops — | 这个家伙进来, 买了些东西, 付钱, 离开, 然后停下来 — |
[09:13] | right? — | 对吗? — |
[09:14] | And then comes back to the counter, all serious-like. | 然后回到柜台, 都是很认真的样子. |
[09:17] | Picks up one of these. | 捡起这些中的一个. |
[09:20] | Can you guys see that? | 你们看见了吗? |
[09:21] | It’s a st. Christopher medal. | 是个 st.Christopher勋章. |
[09:24] | My man pays for it, then throws it out, just like that. | 这哥们儿买了它, 然后扔出去, 就像这样. |
[09:29] | I can’t imagine where I’d be if you had gotten back on that bus. | 如果你回到了那辆车上的话,我真没法想象我会怎么样 |
[09:32] | You’d be sad for a while, | 你会悲伤一会儿的 |
[09:35] | and then you’d probably turn my room into some sort of sewing nook or yoga studio. | 然后你很可能把我的房间变成某种裁缝铺或者瑜珈屋 |
[09:39] | You don’t have to make a joke, you know. | 你不用开玩笑的,你知道的 |
[09:41] | Sure, I do. | 是的,我是 |
[09:46] | You know, I wonder what else the bus driver bought — | 你知道,我想知道司机还买了什么 |
[09:49] | the couple things the clerk mentioned. | 几样店员提到的东西 |
[09:51] | What if it was nodoz or red bull? | 如果是Nodoz(提神饮品)或者红牛怎么办? (老外也喝红牛…) |
[09:54] | That would tell us that he’s sleepy, right? | 那就告诉我们他很疲倦,对不? |
[09:55] | And if he fell asleep, that would explain why there were no tire marks. | 然后如果他睡着了,那就解释了为何没有轮胎痕迹 |
[09:58] | Veronica, you can’t try to make sense out of this. | Veronica,你就不能试着别去想这些了吗 |
[10:02] | I know the bus driver’s daughter. | 我认识司机的女儿 |
[10:06] | I think a little rhyme or reason would probably make a big difference to her. | 我想一个小小的缘由或者原因会对她有非常不一样的影响 |
[10:11] | Yeah. | 是啊. |
[10:13] | At least everyone we know got off the bus, except Meg. | 至少我们认识的每个人都下车了,除了Meg |
[10:17] | You think her face will be, you know, normal? | 你认为她的脸会,你知道的,正常吗? |
[10:24] | What a bitch! | 多下贱啊! |
[10:26] | Hey. | 嘿. |
[10:28] | Been looking for you. | 一直在找你 |
[10:30] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了? |
[10:32] | You’ve been listening to radiohead, haven’t you? | 你一直在听Radiohead(英国著名另类摇滚乐队),对吗? |
[10:33] | That’s it. I’m putting you on a strict nelly diet. | 就是这样.我让你用一个严格的女人气的食谱. |
[10:35] | And how should I be feeling? | 那么我应该有什么感觉? |
[10:38] | Happy, like you? | 高兴,像你一样? |
[10:58] | I think you missed the boat on the watching-me-sleep years. | 我觉得你错过了在看我睡觉的年代 |
[11:01] | It’s 8:00. When do you plan on getting up? | 8点了.你打算什么时候起床? |
[11:03] | The plan was two hours ago. The reality is another 40 minutes. | 打算2小时前起床. 但实际是再睡40分钟. |
[11:06] | No, no. We’re not gonna play this game again, jackie. | 不,不.别跟我再来这套了,Jackie |
[11:08] | – You cannot Miss another day of school. – Even if I have cramps? | – 你不能再翘课了. – 即使我痛经了? |
[11:12] | You know, from my monthly? | 你知道的, 我每月一次的? |
[11:13] | Jackie! | |
[11:15] | Wow, that was pretty fatherly. | 喔, 很有父亲的感觉. |
[11:17] | Almost sounded like you’d been saying my name in exasperation for years. | 听起来真像你已经生气地叫我的名字好几年了. |
[11:20] | All right. How about we try this? | 好吧. 我们试试这个怎么样? |
[11:24] | You can get your ass out of that bed right now, | 现在你可以把你的屁股从床上挪开, |
[11:26] | or you can go back to new york and explain why you’re there to your mom. | 或者你可以回到纽约去向你母亲解释一下为什么你去那里 |
[11:30] | So, this is how it’s gonna be? | 那么,这就是要发生的吗? |
[11:33] | “Clean your room or you can go back to new york? | “整理房间要么回纽约去?” |
[11:35] | Get straight a’s or you can go back to new york?” | “拿到最优成绩要么回到纽约去?” |
[11:38] | And you can also add, | 而且你还可以加上 |
[11:40] | “speak to your father with the respect he deserves or you will go back to new york” | “怀着对你父亲应得的敬意跟你父亲讲话或者回到纽约去” |
[11:43] | to your list. | 到你的清单上. |
[11:47] | I’ll be back in two days. | 两天后我会回来的 |
[11:49] | You can reach me on my cell if you need anything. | 如果你需要什么的话打我的手机 |
[11:52] | Hmm. These don’t look german. | 这些看起来不像德国的 |
[11:54] | You’re not taking the porsche. | 你别开保时捷 |
[11:56] | You take the bronco. | 你去开Bronco |
[12:07] | Servando was just an exceptional person, you know? | Servando是个个别的人,你知道吗? |
[12:09] | I guess you never met him because you’re new, but you would have loved him. | 我猜你从来没见过他因为你是个新人,但是你会爱上他的 |
[12:12] | He was this badass P.C.H. Biker, and he was on the honor roll. | 他是PCH团伙的车手,而且他还是个优等生. |
[12:17] | They didn’t give him a hard time? | 他们没让他吃苦头吗? |
[12:18] | Well, I guess at first, but then they learned to respect it because | 这个,我猜刚开始时有,但是他们学会了尊敬 |
[12:22] | that was the kind of person that servando was. | 因为Servando就是那种人 |
[12:34] | You should take this to the attendance office. | 你应该把这个拿到旷课管理办公室去 |
[12:37] | And where’s that? | 在什么地方? |
[12:38] | Mmm! | �蓿� |
[12:42] | Thanks for taking me. | 多谢帮我 |
[12:44] | I don’t know what I would have done. | 我不知道我应该干什么 |
[12:45] | This school is so big. | 这间学校太大了 |
[12:48] | You know, I’m just trying to be a nice guy. | 你知道的,我就是试着做一个好人 |
[12:49] | How’s that working out for you? | 那你打算怎么样? |
[12:51] | I’m getting about three hallways worth of quality time. | 我会过大概三条走廊那么久的美好时光 |
[12:54] | I’m gonna say it’s going pretty good. | 我会说那不错 |
[12:55] | Look, I haven’t dated a guy in high school since the 8th grade. | 听着,自从8年级之后就没有在高中跟男孩儿约会了 |
[12:59] | I’m an old soul. | 我是个老手了. |
[13:00] | Seriously, these eyes have seen things. | 认真地说,这两只眼睛看见东西了 |
[13:03] | Did I mention I’m a nice guy? | 我说过自己是个好人了吗? |
[13:04] | Ah, “nice” — | 啊,”好” |
[13:05] | the great panty dropper. | 非常好的泡妞高手 |
[13:07] | – Okay, I’m not that nice. – Oh, yes, you are. | – Ok, 我没那么好. – 哦, 是的, 你是. |
[13:09] | How do you know? | 你怎么知道的? |
[13:11] | ‘Cause I haven’t tried to make out with you yet. | 因为我还没有试着跟你有什么进展 |
[13:13] | Oh, you’re one of those — | 噢,你是那种 |
[13:14] | only like the bad boys. | 只喜欢坏男孩儿的人 |
[13:16] | Why do all the hottest girls always have a daddy complex? | 为什么所有最惹火的女孩都有父亲综合症? |
[13:20] | Daddy complex? | 父亲综合症? |
[13:22] | What? | 怎么了? |
[13:24] | I was kidding. | 开玩笑的 |
[13:25] | I met you about three seconds ago, and you’ve already got me analyzed. | 我三秒钟前看到你,现在你已经把我看透了 |
[13:29] | Get over yourself. | 自己反省一下吧. |
[13:31] | Jackie, I’m sorry. I was kidding. | Jackie, 对不起. 我在开玩笑. |
[13:39] | A “whatever, bitch,” and a 180 back to study hall and we could have had something. | 一个“无论如何,贱人,” 和调转180度回到课堂还有我们可能发生些事情. |
[13:51] | Afternoon delight? | 午后的快乐? |
[13:52] | Ooh, considerably better than 5th-period english. | 噢,比第五节的英语课好多了 |
[13:56] | Oh, you need to not remind me you’re in high school. | 噢,你必须别再提醒我你在上高中. |
[13:58] | There’s an ick factor. | 有些令人不爽的因素 |
[14:00] | Is that so? | 是那样吗? |
[14:02] | Yeah. School in general, not very hot, | 学校总体来说,不是很惹火 |
[14:05] | unless I’m wearing a naughty schoolgirl uniform. | 除非我穿上个淘气型女子校服 |
[14:08] | Then it’s very hot. | 那就很惹火了 |
[14:09] | I’m sure it would be for the three seconds you had it on. | 我肯定你会穿上它只能持续3秒钟 |
[14:13] | You know, you’re my first younger guy. | 你知道的,你是我第一个年青男人 |
[14:15] | Oh. It is an honor and a privilege. | 噢,真是个荣幸和特权啊 |
[14:23] | I suck. | 我很逊 |
[14:25] | I was just trying to make you feel better. | 我只是想让你感觉好些 |
[14:27] | I’m struggling with all this, too. | 我也在跟所有的这些在挣扎 |
[14:29] | I know. | 我知道 |
[14:30] | I know. | 我知道 |
[14:42] | I just have all these conflicting emotions — | 我只是把所有这些相抵触的感情 |
[14:45] | Grief for everyone who died and everyone who lost someone | 为每个死去的和失去某人的人感到悲伤 |
[14:51] | Guilt about Meg. | 为Meg感到内疚 |
[14:56] | The one that kills me — | 让我痛不欲生的是 |
[14:59] | joy. | 欢乐 |
[15:00] | Because I’m alive, and by all rights, I shouldn’t be. | 因为我还活着,和所有的权利,我不该得到的 |
[15:04] | Veronica, it’s not your fault. | Veronica,那不是你的错 |
[15:07] | I’m afraid that line only works in “good will hunting.” | 恐怕那只能在“骄阳似我”(著名影片)中有效 |
[15:20] | Being with a younger guy must suck. | 跟一个比自己小的男人在一起肯定很逊. |
[15:23] | Hold it, hold it. | 等一下,等一下. |
[15:26] | Someone’s home. | 有人回家了 |
[15:30] | Never, ever let that country club valet touch the car. | 永远不要再让那个酒吧侍者碰那辆车 |
[15:33] | It comes back with a scratch every time, all right? | 每次回来都有划痕,对不? |
[15:40] | Oh, my god! | 噢,我的天 |
[15:42] | You scared me. | 你吓到我了 |
[15:43] | – Hey. – Hi. | – 嘿. – 嗨. |
[15:47] | Hey, why is Logan’s truck in the driveway? | 嘿,Logan的车怎么在车道上? |
[15:49] | Uh, because there’s water in the pool. | 呃,因为游泳池里面有水 |
[15:53] | He’s upstairs waiting for you. | 他在楼上等你们 |
[15:54] | And I’d really rather your friends not just show up whenever they want. | 而且我真的不希望你们的朋友什么时候想出现就出现 |
[15:58] | I’m not running an orphanage here. | 我不是在这里开孤儿院. |
[16:09] | Dude, why is your stepmom such a bitch? | 哥们儿,你们的后妈怎么这么贱啊? |
[16:13] | Seriously, a guy asks for one sandwich. | 严肃地说,一个想要三明治的家伙 |
[16:15] | Hey, Logan. | 嘿, Logan. |
[16:17] | How’s everything going? | 最近怎么样? |
[16:18] | Really well. | 相当好 |
[16:20] | Thanks for asking, Mr. C. And you? | 多谢过问, C 先生. 你呢? |
[16:22] | Excellent. | 非常好. |
[16:23] | See, you had to one-up me. | 看着,你必须得胜过我 |
[16:25] | Listen, don’t worry about Mrs. Casablancas. | 听着,别担心Casablancas女士 |
[16:27] | You’re welcome here anytime. | 在这里你永远受欢迎 |
[16:29] | You like to bust chops. I respect that. | 你喜欢回击侮辱 我很欣赏那个 |
[16:30] | Hey, thanks. | 嘿,谢谢 |
[16:32] | Dick jr. And I are going over to the firing range tomorrow. | 小Dick和我明天准备去打靶 |
[16:35] | Interest you in a little target practice? | 打靶练习引起你的兴趣没有 |
[16:36] | As long as I’m not the target. | 只要我不是那个靶子 |
[16:42] | Okay. So I guess I’ll just stay here and knit something. | Ok.那么我猜我要待在这里编织些东西 |
[16:47] | Detention, and you locked your keys in your porsche. | 留堂,还有把钥匙锁在你的保时捷里 |
[16:51] | Bad first day? | 第一天蛮糟糕的啊? |
[16:53] | Someone hit my father’s car. | 有人撞了我爸的车 |
[16:56] | Aw. | 噢. |
[16:57] | And if that isn’t bad enough, they left a fake note. | 而且那还不够糟,他们还留了个假的便条 |
[17:03] | “People are watching me leave this note. | “大家看着我留这个便条. |
[17:04] | “I’m sure it looks like I’m leaving my insurance info. | “我肯定我看起来像在写保险信息. |
[17:07] | I’m not.” That’s just mean. | 我没有.” 真卑鄙啊. |
[17:11] | This is exactly what my father’s expecting. | 那是我父亲期待的东西 |
[17:13] | I can help…if you want. | 我会帮忙的…如果你想的话. |
[17:16] | I can. | 我会的. |
[17:18] | Like how? | 比如怎样? |
[17:20] | I know someone. | 我认识些人. |
[17:21] | Trust me. | 相信我. |
[17:23] | I’m gonna track this scumbag down. | 我会把这个卑鄙的家伙抓住的 |
[17:37] | Hey, Wallace. | 嘿, Wallace. |
[17:38] | What you doing? | 你干嘛呢? |
[17:40] | Remembering why I’m a misanthrope. | 回想一下为什么我是个孤僻的人 |
[17:42] | They’re selling souvenirs, Wallace — | 他们在卖纪念品,Wallace |
[17:44] | bus-crash souvenirs. | 车祸纪念品 |
[17:46] | You okay? | 你没事吧? |
[17:48] | Yeah. I’ll be fine. | 是的.我还好 |
[17:51] | What did you need? | 你要什么 |
[17:52] | Don’t worry about it. | 别担心 |
[17:53] | I’ll take care of it myself. | 我会自己解决的 |
[17:54] | I’ll see you tomorrow, all right? | 明天我来看你,好吗? |
[17:55] | Yeah, okay. | 好的 |
[17:59] | So? | 怎么样? |
[18:01] | It’s all good. | 进展很好 |
[18:03] | I’m on the case. | 我在跟这个案子 |
[18:04] | Now, how to convince this spotlight-loving bozo that I’m his friend. | 现在,如何让这个爱出风头的大傻冒相信我是他的朋友呢? |
[18:09] | Please let ed doyle’s last meal be super-caffeinated. | 请用超级咖啡因作为Ed Doyle的最后一餐! |
[18:12] | Give me something good to tell jessie. | 给我点好消息去告诉 Jessie |
[18:14] | Hey, you’re the guy from the news, right? | 嘿,你是新闻里那个家伙,对吗? |
[18:16] | I am, man. Did you see that? | 是我, 哥们儿 你看过那个? |
[18:19] | Check you out. Let me ask you a question. Do I look fat to you? | 来一下.我来问你个问题. 我看起来胖吗? |
[18:21] | ‘Cause I was watching it on the news, and I was like, “damn, I look fat.” | 因为我在新闻里看着,我就像,“他妈的,我看起来很胖” |
[18:25] | Then I read something on-line says the camera adds 10 pounds, | 然后我在网上看到些东西说摄影机会增加10磅体重 |
[18:29] | so I was thinking maybe it was them. | 所以我就想也许是这样 |
[18:30] | But just in case, I started a diet regimen this morning. | 但是为了以防万一,我今天早上开始吃健康食谱了 |
[18:34] | God, that must have been so freaky to be the last one to talk to the bus driver. | 天啊,作为跟司机谈话的最后一个人一定非常奇怪 |
[18:38] | It was weird. | 很奇怪. |
[18:39] | Just thinking about him standing here is, like, just so cool. | 只是想着他站在这里,很酷 |
[18:44] | Or maybe you think that’s weird. I don’t know. | 或者你认为那很怪. 我不知道. |
[18:47] | I’m kind of into the macabre. | 我像是进入了某种以死亡为主题的东西 |
[18:48] | Yeah, you’re one of those freaky sex-and-death-type kids, aren’t you? | 是啊,你是那种性和死亡类型的怪孩子,不是吗? |
[18:52] | We’ve been getting a lot in here lately. | 我们最近在这里来了很多这样的 |
[18:54] | Boss tells me to throw them out, but I’m like, “no way, man.” | 老板告诉我把他们扔出去, 但是我喜欢,“没门,哥们儿.” |
[18:56] | Goth money spends just as well as, uh… | 歌特的钱花起来久如同,啊… |
[19:01] | non-goth money, so… | 非歌特的钱, 所以… |
[19:03] | but if we’ve been getting a lot of munsters in here, | 但是如果我们在这里来了很多黑鬼, |
[19:05] | I’d say that you’re the Marilyn, hon, ’cause you’re…pretty. | 我会说你是Marilyn,嗯,因为你…很漂亮 |
[19:10] | Thanks. | 谢谢. |
[19:13] | Okay. | |
[19:14] | Would you think I’m sick if I asked for the last meal the bus driver ate? | 如果我想要那个司机最后吃的一餐你会认为我有病吗? |
[19:18] | I would, but you wouldn’t be the first. | 我会的,但是你不是第一个. |
[19:19] | You’d be, like, the 97th person that asked for it. | 你会是,大概,第97个要的 |
[19:22] | – Really? – Yeah. | – 真的? – 是. |
[19:26] | Let me tell you something. | 我来告诉你些东西吧 |
[19:27] | If I was gonna do a kamikaze, you know, | 如果我要当个神风敢死队员,你知道的 |
[19:29] | off a bridge with a bus full of kids and stuff, | 开着坐满孩子和职员的车冲出大桥, |
[19:31] | a convenience store would not be the site of my last meal. | 便利店不会是我吃最后一餐的地方 |
[19:34] | I’d want to eat something on the brink of extinction, you know, | 我会吃些濒临灭绝的物种,你知道的, |
[19:39] | like the last emu or a meerkat. | 比如最后一只鸸鹋(产于澳洲的一种体型大而不会飞的鸟) 或者(南非)海岛猫鼬 |
[19:42] | Would definitely not be a monster glug, right, and a bag of peanuts. | 绝对不会是个大号饮料,没错,还有包花生 |
[19:49] | $1.98, hon. | 1.98美圆, 嗯. |
[19:51] | Slushie and peanuts? | Slushie(饮料名) 和 花生? |
[19:52] | That tells me nothing. | 那没什么用处 |
[19:59] | $3.02. One, two, three. There you go. | 3.02 美圆. 1, 2, 3. 给你. |
[20:02] | But I can’t leave here without one of these. | 但是我得拿个这个 |
[20:06] | Hmm. St. Chris. | |
[20:07] | Hope it helps you. Didn’t help him. | 希望可以帮到你. 没帮上他. |
[20:13] | There you go. | 给你. |
[20:15] | Thanks. | 谢谢. |
[20:15] | Be careful going around those cliffs. | 在悬崖周围注意点儿 |
[20:17] | Don’t pull a bus, please. | 请别拉汽车 |
[20:19] | You’re too cute for that. | 你太漂亮了,那样做太可惜了 |
[20:21] | “No change — don’t ask,” huh? | “没零钱,”啊? |
[20:25] | Wait. | 等一下. |
[20:26] | Ed doyle’s saint toss wasn’t a sign he was turning his back on god. | Ed Doyle 的“虹日飞升”并非他要背离上帝的标志 |
[20:30] | He just needed change for the phone, so he bought the cheapest thing he could find. | 他只是需要零钱打电话,所以他买了最便宜的东西 |
[20:34] | But who did he call, and why doesn’t anyone know about it? | 但是他给谁打电话,为什么没有人知道呢? |
[20:49] | Either I am getting stealthier or your hearing is not what it used to be. | 不是我声音越来越小就是你的听力没以前那么好了 |
[20:56] | What do you want, Veronica? | 你想要什么,Veronica |
[20:57] | An application. | 一个申请表 |
[20:59] | Right. | 没错 |
[21:00] | It says right here you’re looking for a part-time receptionist. | 这里说你在招募兼职接待员 |
[21:04] | Why aren’t you in school? | 你为什么没上学? |
[21:06] | Job hunting on my lunch break. | 午餐时间去找工作 |
[21:07] | I have excellent time-management skills. | 我有非常好的时间管理技巧 |
[21:09] | I’m also great with people, and I have a very soothing phone voice. | 我跟人们相处也很好,而且我的话音也很柔滑 |
[21:13] | You’re serious? | 你来真的? |
[21:14] | As a code 3 on a 187 is a res. Dist. | 比如在187上的代码3是查找Dist |
[21:26] | Is there someplace quiet I can fill this out? | 有没有能让我安静地填这个的地方? |
[21:41] | Few people have quick access to pay-phone records. | 只有少数人可以得到付费电话的记录. |
[21:44] | On the short list, the police. | 这少数人,就是警察 |
[21:46] | Hi, this is deputy ann shaughnessy from the Neptune county sheriff’s department. | 嗨,这是来自Neptune郡治安部门的 Ann Shaughnessy 代理 |
[21:51] | I need a number and an address for a call placed last wednesday between 4:15 and 4:30 P.M. | 我需要上周三在下午4:15和4:30间的电话的号码和地址 |
[21:57] | What’s up, man? | 怎么了,哥们儿? |
[21:58] | Hey, what’s up? | 嘿,怎么了? |
[22:01] | I always see you guys playing hacky sack over here after lunch. | 我老是看见你们这些家伙在午饭后在这儿踢毽子. |
[22:04] | Chip? | 薯条? |
[22:05] | Sure. Nice. | 当然. 好的. |
[22:07] | Hey, my friend’s car got slammed the other day. | 嘿,我朋友的车在在前几天被撞了 |
[22:09] | I was wondering if maybe you saw something. | 我想知道你们是不是看见什么了 |
[22:11] | Yeah, the porsche? | 是啊, 那辆保时捷? |
[22:12] | – You saw it? – Yeah, man. That was rough. | – 你看见了? – 是啊, 哥们儿. 那可很粗暴啊. |
[22:14] | This chick just came out of nowhere, slammed into it. | 这个小妞不知从那里出来,撞了上去. |
[22:17] | Just pow! | 然后就乒! |
[22:19] | You know who it was? | 你知道是谁吗? |
[22:20] | Some blond chick. | 是个金发小妞. |
[22:21] | She had a nice ass, but I never seen her before. | 她屁股蛮漂亮的, 但是我以前没见过她. |
[22:24] | But if that’s all you got, | 你就知道这么多吗 |
[22:25] | I got to go look at every decent-ass blond chick in the school. | 那我得去找学校的每个美臀金发小妞 |
[22:29] | She was driv ing a green car,if that helps. | 我记得她开辆绿色的车 |
[22:32] | Thanks. | 谢谢. |
[22:37] | You’ll never guess who’s in the interrogation room right now filling out an application. | 你永远猜不到谁在审讯室里填申请表 |
[22:42] | You’re right. I’ll never guess. | 没错. 我猜不到. |
[22:44] | Who? | 谁? |
[22:44] | Veronica Mars. | |
[22:47] | You left Veronica Mars in there alone? | 你把 Veronica Mars 一个人留在那儿了? |
[22:50] | I got it. Thanks. | 我知道了. 谢谢. |
[22:58] | What are you up to, Veronica? | 你要做什么, Veronica? |
[23:00] | Last question, actually. | 实际上还有最后一个问题 |
[23:02] | “Why do you want this position?” | “你为什么想要这个职位?” |
[23:03] | Honestly — | 老实地 |
[23:04] | and really tell me the truth — | 老实交待 |
[23:06] | how much of an ass-kiss would I be if I admit it’s to be close to you? | 如果我承认是为了接近你的话,我会有多谄媚? |
[23:14] | Seriously, why do birds suddenly appear every time you’re near? | 严肃地说,为什么你在附近的时候总会有鸟突然出现? |
[23:21] | So I got the basics from the stoners, right? | 那么我从玩毽子的家伙那里得到了基本的资料,不是吗? |
[23:23] | Used my attendance-office connections — | 运用了我的旷课管理办公室的关系 |
[23:25] | don’t ask — | 别问 |
[23:26] | and I got a parking-permit list. | 我得到了停车许可证名单 |
[23:28] | Name — bam! | 名字 |
[23:29] | Plate number — bam! | 停车号 砰! |
[23:30] | I got the car, make, and color of every student’s car parked at Neptune high. | 我得到车主名字,和停在在Neptune高中的每辆车的颜色 |
[23:34] | Weeded out the dudes, and then — wait for it — | 排除男的,然后 等一下 |
[23:38] | cross-referenced to the yearbook to eliminate all the nonblondes. | 跟年鉴对照一下排除所有非金发的 |
[23:42] | And, yeah, then there were four. | 还有,没错,这样的话就有4个 |
[23:43] | So you located the bitch? | 那么说你找到这个贱人了? |
[23:46] | I’m in the whittling stage right now. | 我现正在排查阶段 |
[23:49] | It’s a process. | 是个过程 |
[23:51] | I checked out two suspects. | 我查过两个嫌疑人了 |
[23:52] | One’s been driving her mom’s blue dodge all week, and the other one’s car is mint. | 一个整周都在开她妈妈的蓝色Dodge,另外一个的车是Mint |
[23:57] | My father’s coming home tomorrow. | 我爸爸明天就要回家了. |
[23:59] | It’ll be fixed by tomorrow. | 明天必须得修好 |
[24:00] | Yeah, but when the credit-card bill is due, I won’t be able to pay it, | 是啊,但是当支付信用卡帐单时,我可没法子了 |
[24:03] | and I’ll have to go to him. | 然后我不得不去找他. |
[24:04] | You’ll have your money by then. | 到时你就拿到你的钱了 |
[24:06] | I’m telling you, I will find her. | 我告诉你,我会找到她的. |
[24:08] | I promise. | 我发誓. |
[24:09] | Wallace Fennel is on the case. | Wallace Fennel 在调查这个案子. |
[24:11] | You know what that means? | 你知道那意味着什么吗? |
[24:13] | That Wallace Fennel wants to get in my pants. | 那位Wallace Fennel想跟我上床. |
[24:17] | And…what else? | 还有…什么别的? |
[24:20] | That’s all I’ve got. | 就这么多了. |
[24:22] | It’s already solved. | 已经解决了. |
[24:23] | There’s only one girl left on the list. | 名单上只有一个女孩了. |
[24:30] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么? |
[24:32] | Jane! | |
[24:34] | What did you do to yourself? | 你怎么这样了? |
[24:36] | I had knee surgery. | 我做了膝盖手术 |
[24:38] | Ohh, ouch. When? | 哦,疼. 什么时候做的? |
[24:39] | About a month ago. | 大概一个月前. |
[24:41] | I didn’t think you knew who I was. | 我觉得你不认识我的 |
[24:43] | What? Are you kidding? | 什么?你开玩笑吗? |
[24:45] | No. I mean, | 不.我的意思是, |
[24:46] | we had spanish together all last semester, | 上学期我们一起上西班牙语课 |
[24:48] | and you never said two words to me. | 你对我没说过超过2个字的话 |
[24:50] | In english, either. | 也是用英语 |
[24:53] | That’s bob. | 那是Bob |
[24:55] | He’s my friend — kind of my chauffeur friend right now. | 他是我的朋友 类似于司机的朋友 |
[24:58] | But, um, he’s just a friend. | 但是,�蓿�他只是个朋友 |
[25:04] | Yes, there’s sugar in here. | 好的,给你糖 |
[25:06] | We like our iced tea to come from crystals. | 我们喜欢冻出冰花儿的茶 |
[25:08] | It’s fine. Thanks. | 不错.谢谢. |
[25:11] | So, um, my dad calling someone is a good sign then, right? | 那么,�蓿�我爸爸打电话给某人是个好的信号,对吗 |
[25:15] | It might be. | 可能是. |
[25:17] | Do you recognize the name “cotter”? | 你知道“Cotter”这个名字吗? |
[25:20] | The address is from your apartment complex. | 地址是你的公寓 |
[25:23] | Did your dad ever hang out with any of the neighbors? | 你爸爸曾经跟某个邻居出去约会吗? |
[25:25] | No. | 没有. |
[25:28] | I went by there earlier, but no one was around. | 我早些时候顺便过去了一趟,但是周围没什么人. |
[25:30] | I’ll stop by again later. | 晚些时候我会再去一趟. |
[25:37] | Is your mother home? | 你母亲在家吗? |
[25:38] | No, she’s picking up my little brother from daycare. | 没有, 她去托儿所接我的弟弟了. |
[25:40] | – I have a search warrant. – What for? | – 我有张搜查令. – 找什么? |
[25:42] | Looking for evidence. | 找证据. |
[25:43] | Suicide is a crime. | 自杀是种犯罪. |
[25:44] | Suicide that takes the lives of six others is murder. | 自杀连带杀死其他六个人就是谋杀了 |
[25:47] | What are you doing here, Mars? | 你在这儿干嘛,Mars? |
[25:49] | Jessie’s a friend. | Jessie 是我朋友. |
[26:14] | That’ll slow ’em down. | 那会让他们慢下来的 |
[26:27] | You ever shoot before, son? | 你以前开过枪,孩子? |
[26:29] | Uh…no. | 啊…没有. |
[26:32] | It’s a good way to let off some steam, | 这是种释放怒气的好方法 |
[26:33] | but when you’re at the point where you want to shoot someone, | 但是当你在你瞄准想开枪打某人的时候 |
[26:35] | you want to take them down, you don’t want to wing ’em. | 你想让他们倒下,不想侧击他们. |
[26:38] | Heart and head — | 心脏和头 |
[26:40] | that’s where it counts. | 那就是要打的地方 |
[26:41] | Ain’t that the truth? | 那没错吧? |
[26:42] | You need focus, precision, the ability to only think about the task at hand. | 你需要又集中精神,精确地 只是考虑手中的任务的能力 |
[26:47] | When I’m working, my family doesn’t exist. | 当我在工作时,我的家庭就不存在了 |
[26:50] | That sound awful? | 听起来很可怕? |
[26:51] | No. | 不. |
[26:52] | It’s not. | 不是. |
[26:54] | Because when I’m with my family, work doesn’t exist. | 因为当我跟我家人在一起时,工作就不存在了. |
[26:59] | I think my father has a similar philosophy. | 我觉得我爸有个类似的哲学体系. |
[27:03] | Of course, he’s a murderer, so… | 当然,他是个谋杀犯,所以… |
[27:05] | yeah. | 是啊. |
[27:09] | Yeah. | 是的. |
[27:13] | Hey, we should have some chicks over tomorrow night. | 我们明晚应该找些小妞 |
[27:16] | Dad’s got this banquet at the Neptune grand, | 爸爸在Neptune举办宴会 |
[27:18] | and he’s forcing kendall to go with him. | 而且他强迫Kendall跟他一起去 |
[27:20] | Have you forgotten? I live alone. | 你是不是忘了? 我一个人住. |
[27:23] | Yeah, but only psycho chicks want to go to casa de killer. | 是啊,但是只有变态的小妞才会想去探视杀人犯. |
[27:41] | I need a job where I get paid to read the personals and drink slushies. | 我要个为我读自己的东西和喝Slushies付钱的地方 |
[27:45] | You see this? | 你看见这个了? |
[27:47] | It’s about servando. | 那是关于 Servando. |
[27:48] | If I die unexpectedly, do me a favor — | 如果我死于非命,帮我个忙-- |
[27:51] | go on “oprah” and tell the world I loved kittens. | 上“Oprah”(美国最有名的访谈节目)然后告诉这个世界我喜欢小猫. |
[27:56] | “Servando wept the first time he saw ‘stand and deliver.'” | “当Servando第一次看“为人师表”(著名电影)时哭了” |
[28:00] | Where do they even get that stuff? | 他们从那里搞到的那种料? |
[28:01] | There was this new girl in class just soaking up the drama. | 班里有个新来的特别爱好戏剧的女孩 |
[28:04] | She probably couldn’t wait to talk to reporters. | 她可能都等不急去告诉记者们了 |
[28:14] | Yeah? | 是吗? |
[28:15] | Wait. Let me guess. Save our beaches, right? | 等一下. 让我来猜猜. 拯救海滩计划, 对吗? |
[28:17] | – Jeff cotter? – Yeah. | – 没错. |
[28:19] | My name is dawn — | 我的名字时Dawn |
[28:20] | dawn lamb — | |
[28:21] | assistant to the district attorney. | 地区检察官助理 |
[28:22] | Did you know ed doyle? | 你认识Ed Doyle吗? |
[28:25] | Um, he was the bus driver in that accident, right? | �蓿�他是事故中的那个公车司机,对吗? |
[28:28] | Yes. | 是的. |
[28:29] | I’ve heard of him, you know, from the news. | 我听说过他,你知道的,从新闻上 |
[28:32] | I think he lives around here, too. | 我想他就住在附近 |
[28:34] | What’s this about? | 那是什么意思? |
[28:35] | Ed doyle placed a call from a convenience-store pay phone to your apartment | Ed Doyle从个便利店给你的公寓打了个电话 |
[28:39] | about 15 minutes before the bus went over the cliff — | 就在车冲下悬崖15分钟前 |
[28:42] | last wednesday, 4:05 P.M. | 上周三,下午4:05 |
[28:44] | I was in new york on wednesday. | 周三我在纽约 |
[28:45] | Just got back this weekend. | 这周才回来 |
[28:47] | Hey, carla, sweetheart, come here. | 嘿,Carla,甜心,过来 |
[28:49] | She’s saying that bus-driver guy, the guy from the accident — | 她说那个开车的,就是那个事故中的 |
[28:52] | he called here last week. | 他上周打过电话 |
[28:54] | Who? | 谁? |
[28:54] | Ed doyle. Were you home last week between 4:00 and 5:00 P.M.? | Ed doyle. 上周三下午 4:00 到 5:00 间你在家吗? |
[28:58] | Yes. | 是的. |
[29:00] | But I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 可是我不知道你们在说什么. |
[29:03] | Wait. | 等一下. |
[29:05] | I did get a wrong number last week. | 上周我接了个打错电话的 |
[29:07] | It might have been wednesday. | 可能是周三. |
[29:13] | Thank you. Sorry to bother you. | 谢谢. 不好意思打扰了. |
[29:14] | No problem. | 没事 |
[29:15] | Jessie, what’s up? | Jessie, 怎么了? |
[29:16] | Jessie: You can stop whatever you’re doing. | Jessie: 你可以不用干了. |
[29:19] | Why? | 为何呢? |
[29:20] | My father killed himself. | 我父亲是自杀的. |
[29:22] | The sheriff found his suicide note saved on his computer. | 治安官在他电脑上找到了他的自杀遗书 |
[29:34] | How can you cry about him? | 你怎么可以为他而哭呢? |
[29:35] | You think he cared about either one of us? | 你觉得他关心我们中的一个吗? |
[29:38] | He left us with nothing! | 他没给我们留下什么! |
[29:39] | – Mom! – What?! | – 妈! – 什么?! |
[29:43] | I think we can stop worr yingabout appearances. | 我觉得我们可以停止为我们的外表担心了 |
[29:47] | Hey, you know not to listen to her when she’s like this, right? | 嘿,你知道当她这样的时候就不要听她的了,对吗? |
[29:50] | I don’t know. | 我不知道. |
[29:51] | Daddy was sick. | 爸爸病了. |
[29:52] | He was in a lot of pain. | 他很疼. |
[29:55] | Where — where was it? | 哪里 在哪里? |
[30:00] | It’s hard to explain. | 很难解释. |
[30:06] | Can I go play outside now? | 现在我可以出去玩了吗? |
[30:09] | Yeah. | 是的. |
[30:10] | Just stay in the yard, okay? | 就在院子里, ok? |
[30:16] | Maybe he’ll feel better when he’s older, when he can read this. | 也许他长大些就觉得好点儿了 |
[30:21] | Sheriff was kind enough to print it out and fax it over. | 治安官打印出这个并传真过来 已经不错了 |
[30:28] | “I’m sorry to leave you this way, | “用这种方式留下你们 我很遗憾 |
[30:30] | but I truly believe in my heart that it’s for the best. | 但是在我心中真的认为这是最好的 |
[30:35] | I can’t go on like this. | 我不能再继续这样了 |
[30:37] | I can’t stay just for the kids. | 我不能仅仅为了孩子而留下来 |
[30:39] | Even though they mean more to me than anything, this isn’t good for them.” | 这对他们也好,即使没有比他们对我更有意义的事情.” |
[30:44] | You know, my mom was right for a change. | 你知道,我母亲的这个决定是对的 |
[30:46] | Better off without him. | 最好是离开他 |
[30:47] | Jessie. | |
[31:10] | Slow night? | 长夜慢慢? |
[31:13] | Not bad. | 还行. |
[31:14] | Busy enough to not get bored, slow enough to do my homework. | 很忙而不会感到厌烦,有时间可以做我的作业 |
[31:17] | I used to work nights at a store when I was in high school. | 当我上高中时,曾经在个商店工作到深夜 |
[31:20] | Sweet gig. | Sweet gig(店名). |
[31:22] | You go to Neptune high? | 你上Neptune高中 |
[31:24] | Yeah. | 是啊. |
[31:25] | Ah, must be rough. | 啊, 肯定会很难. |
[31:27] | Anyone close to you involved in that crash? | 有你亲近的人卷入了那场事故吗? |
[31:30] | No. | 没有. |
[31:31] | Good. Thank god. | 好的. 谢天谢地. |
[31:33] | Still, you probably knew some of the kids, right? | 可是,你可能认识他们中的一些人,对吗? |
[31:35] | You looking for a story? | 你在找故事素材? |
[31:39] | You got something? | 你知道些什么? |
[31:41] | Can I see this for a minute? | 我可以看看这个? |
[31:47] | I’ve never seen notebooks like this. | 我从来没见过这样的笔记本 |
[31:49] | Reporters all use them — | 记者们都用他们 |
[31:51] | easy to hold and write at the same time. | 一边拿在手里一边记录 |
[31:53] | So, you said you knew some of the kids. | 那么,你说过你认得他们中的某些人 |
[31:56] | No, I didn’t. | 不, 我不认识. |
[32:02] | One quick question. | 一个简单的问题. |
[32:03] | If ed doyle dialed the wrong number, | 如果Ed Doyle播错了号码 |
[32:06] | why was it a 4-minute call? | 为什么会打了4分钟呢? |
[32:14] | I read his suicide note today, and I have a theory. | 我今天读了他的自杀遗书,然后我有了个推论. |
[32:19] | He wasn’t on planning on killing himself or a busload of kids. | 他没有计划自杀或者杀死车上的孩子们 |
[32:22] | He was planning on leaving his wife — | 他在计划离开他的妻子 |
[32:25] | I’m guessing for you. | 我猜是为你离开 |
[32:31] | Come in. | 请进. |
[32:37] | Carla, this is jessie. | Carla,这是 jessie. |
[32:47] | You look just like your picture. | 你跟相片上很像 |
[32:50] | That’s why they call them “pictures.” | 那就是他们被称为“相片”的原因 |
[32:53] | Your dad… | 你的父亲… |
[32:56] | talked about you all the time. | 一直在谈论你 |
[33:00] | Yeah. | 是啊. |
[33:01] | Sorry. Can’t say the same. | 谢谢. 不能也这样说 |
[33:06] | We were in love, your dad and me. | 我们相爱了,你的父亲和我. |
[33:09] | He called to say that he’d see me later. | 他打电话来说过会儿要见我 |
[33:11] | He didn’t mean to drive that bus off a cliff. | 他不想开车冲下悬崖的. |
[33:14] | He just couldn’t bring himself to leave you and your brother. | 他只是无法让自己从你和你的兄弟身边抽身而退. |
[33:18] | He didn’t want to leave you with your mother. | 他不想把你们留给你们的母亲. |
[33:43] | Now I wish I was less understanding | 现在我希望我可以知道得少些 |
[33:47] | because I never really got to be with the man that I loved. | 因为我从没真正地跟我爱的男人在一起过 |
[33:55] | You know the charge that goes up your spine at the moment of epiphany? | 你知道在对现实真谛的顿悟的时刻 提高你的意志力的告诫吗? |
[33:59] | It just hit me. | 那让我心潮澎湃 |
[34:00] | I’m not going to let the list of things I want to do | 在我死前我不会让我想做的事情 |
[34:02] | before I die turn into a list of regrets. | 变成我后悔的事情. |
[34:06] | You came. | 你来了. |
[34:09] | Oh, hey. | 噢, 嘿. |
[34:37] | What are you thinking? | 你在想什么? |
[34:41] | You know, I was trying to remember the over-under on the ohio state-texas game. | 你知道的, 我在试着回想德俄亥俄州德克萨斯游戏 |
[34:48] | Oh, god. | 噢, 天呐. |
[34:54] | What is that? | 那是什么? |
[34:55] | Oh. | 噢. |
[35:02] | Maybe we did it wrong. | 也许我们把它弄错了 |
[35:06] | Uh, so, what’s the protocol here? | 啊,那么,这里的协议是什么? |
[35:09] | Do I bang my fist on the wall, call the front desk? | 是不是我往墙上打一拳,叫来前台的人 |
[35:12] | Attempt to out-moan them? | 试图让他们叫出来? |
[35:16] | There’s really only one thing to do. | 真的只有一件事情要做 |
[35:23] | Spectra vision — | 光学幻影 |
[35:25] | loud. | 大的声音. |
[35:47] | Hmm. | |
[35:49] | What’s different about you? | 你有什么变化吗? |
[35:54] | Did you cut your hair or something? | 你剪发了还是什么? |
[35:58] | F.Y.I. — If the cuddling is the best part, he didn’t do it right. | F.Y.I.如果拥抱是最好的部分,他从没做对过. |
[36:20] | Neptune grand on fifth street. | 第五街上的 Neptune 大厦 |
[36:25] | Room 1147, please. | 1147 房 |
[36:28] | Hello? | 你好? |
[36:32] | Hmm. | |
[36:35] | Why didn’t you wake me? | 你干嘛不叫醒我? |
[36:38] | I have about 15 minutes till my dad activates the homing device in my molar. | 在我爸激活我臼齿里的自动引导装置前 我还有15分钟 |
[37:10] | Make sure you really clean that up, because if we get bugs, I’m gonna be pissed. | 确认你真的整理好了,因为如果出了问题,我会很生气的 |
[37:38] | Hey, keith, you looking for me? | 嘿,keith,你找我? |
[37:40] | I am. | 是啊. |
[37:40] | All right. Good. Hit me with some good news. | 没错. 好的. 给我些好的消息. |
[37:51] | I appreciate the offer, woody, but I’ve decided not to run. | 我很感谢你的好意,Woody,但是我决定不参加选举 |
[37:54] | No. | 不. |
[37:56] | Good luck with the election, and you can count on my vote. | 祝你竞选好运,而且我会投你一票的 |
[37:59] | You change your mind, you give me a call. | 改变主意的话给我个电话 |
[38:01] | I feel pretty good about the decision. | 我对这个决定感觉不错 |
[38:03] | Fair enough. | 够公平了. |
[38:05] | You take good care, keith. | 保重了,Keith |
[38:07] | Always a pleasure. | 永远都乐意 |
[38:08] | All right. | 好吧. |
[38:12] | Just listen to me for two seconds. I’ve been here for three hours. | 听我说两秒钟. 我到这儿3小时了. |
[38:14] | Talk to me for one minute. My father did not kill himself. | 跟我说一分钟. 我父亲没有自杀 |
[38:17] | We have the note. We have the physical evidence. | 我们有遗书. 我们有实际的证据. |
[38:19] | – The case is closed. – Open it back up. | – 案件完结了. – 再打开它. |
[38:20] | That wasn’t a suicide note. | 那不是自杀遗书 |
[38:22] | He was leaving my mom for another woman. I have proof. | 他想为了另外的女人离开我母亲 我有证据. |
[38:25] | Listen to me. | 听我说. |
[38:26] | You have to give another press conference, okay? | 你必须再召开另外一个记者招待会,ok? |
[38:28] | Please! I have a little brother. He’s 8. | 求你了! 我有个弟弟. 他才 8 岁. |
[38:31] | He needs to know that my father didn’t kill those kids. | 他需要了解我父亲没有杀死那些孩子 |
[38:34] | Sorry about your loss. The case is closed. | 对你的损失我很遗憾. 案子完结了 |
[38:44] | What are we doing? | 我们在干什么? |
[38:46] | Exercising patience. | 锻炼耐性. |
[38:49] | Just wait for it. | 等一下. |
[38:53] | Wait for it and go. | 等一下然后走. |
[38:55] | Wait. She’s the one? | 等一下. 她是那个人? |
[38:57] | My plan is unfolding. | 我的计划正在展开 |
[39:00] | Let’s just be impressed, watch it play out. | 让我们就在旁边,看看好戏上演 |
[39:02] | – Thanks, but I got it from here. – Whoa, whoa. | -谢谢,但是我已经知道怎么办了 -喔哇,喔哇. |
[39:05] | Do you want your dad to hear you got into a catfight the first week of school? | 你想让你的父亲在你上学的第一周 就听到你跟人激烈地争辩吗? |
[39:08] | You have my spark plugs? | 你拿了我的火花塞? |
[39:10] | You have your insurance information? | 你带了你的保险信息了吗? |
[39:15] | Paper bag, backseat. | 纸袋,后座. |
[39:25] | Thank you. | 谢谢. |
[39:28] | Chances of her knowing how to replace a spark plug? | 她可能知道怎么换火花塞吗? |
[39:31] | Chances of me running into her in the girls’ locker room | 我可能混进她的更衣室 |
[39:33] | and unleashing my own brand of justice? | 并释放我自己的那种正义感吗? |
[39:35] | Slim. She doesn’t go here. | 没用的.她不在这里 |
[39:37] | She’s a reporter. | 她是个记者 |
[39:38] | Think Drew Barrymore in “never been kissed.” | 想想在“一吻定江山”中的Drew Barrymore |
[39:40] | Hey, if Drew’s in it, I’ve seen it. | 嘿,如果Drew没演这个,我就看了 |
[39:43] | I let Clemmons know we had an imposter on campus. | 我让Clemmons知道我们学校里面有个冒名顶替者 |
[39:46] | Oh, another thing you should know about me — | 噢,还有一件关于我的事情你需要知道 |
[39:48] | I like my gratitude in small doses, spread out over time. | 我希望对我的感激之情可以细水常流 |
[40:03] | I may have to reconsider my stand on nice guys. | 我也许得重新考虑一下好男人的标准了 |
[40:12] | Um, who was that kissing you? | �蓿�那个吻你的是谁? |
[40:15] | That was jackie. | 那是 Jackie. |
[40:18] | Oh. | 噢. |
[40:29] | Hey. | 嘿. |
[40:32] | How did woody goodman take the news? | Woody Goodan对这条新闻感觉如何? |
[40:34] | Pretty well, actually. | 很好, 实际上. |
[40:36] | He wasn’t bummed? | 他没非常遗憾? |
[40:37] | Nope. | 没有. |
[40:39] | Then he’s crazy. | 那么他就是疯啦. |
[40:40] | I told him I’m running. | 我告诉他我准备竞选. |
[40:42] | Oh, my god! | 噢, 我的天! |
[40:44] | Oh, that’s great. | 噢, 太好了. |
[40:45] | That’s great. | 太好了. |
[40:47] | I feel safer already. | 我已经感觉安全多了. |
[40:52] | What? | 什么? |
[40:54] | You look different, that’s all. | 你看起来有些不一样,就是这样. |
[40:57] | Okay, I know my father is a brilliant detective with a keen intuition | Ok,我知道我父亲是个有敏锐直觉的聪明侦探. |
[41:01] | and a finely tuned B.S. Detector, but there is no way he can tell that I’ve had sex. | 而且是个很好的可以察觉他人所说的话的B.S.侦探, 但是他不可能知道我做爱了 |
[41:08] | Right? | 对吗? |
[41:23] | Hey, check this out. | 嘿, 看看这个. |
[41:33] | Transcript : Raceman – Synchro : Alucardo www.forom.com |