时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Previously on Veronica Mars. | |
[00:02] | I didn’t stab him, Veronica. | 我没有捅他, Veronica. |
[00:03] | There is something that you need to know about your dad. | 有些关于你爸的事你应该知道. |
[00:08] | On the subject of the bus crash, back in ’89, then-deputy Mars | 在89年那起车祸的案件中, 代理警官Mars |
[00:11] | pulled Ed Doyle over for driving under the influence. | 以酒后驾车为由拦下了Ed Doyle的车 . |
[00:13] | Had a D.U.I. appeared on his record, he would have never been hired | 如果把他酒后驾车记录在案, |
[00:16] | by the school district. | 他就永远不会被学校所雇用 |
[00:17] | The bus was sabotaged. | 那辆巴士是被蓄意设计的. |
[00:18] | If that sound is an explosion, not only were those kids murdered, | 如果那声音是爆炸声的话, 不仅那些孩子被谋杀了, |
[00:21] | but the guilty party is still at large. | 那些真正有罪的人还逍遥法外. |
[00:23] | You’re dying, abel. You didn’t kill Lilly Kane. | 你快死了, abel. 你没有杀Lilly Kane. |
[00:26] | You’re just somebody’s patsy. | 你只是某人的玩物. |
[00:27] | So, Abel Koontz has a daughter. | Abel Koontzs 有个女儿 |
[00:29] | Mrs. Delongpre just finalized her father’s settlement with Kane Software. | Mrs. Delongpre刚把她父亲和KANE软件公司的案件定下来 |
[00:33] | A week ago, I imagined this all differently. | 一个星期前,我的想法完全改变了 |
[00:35] | Keith Mars was supposed to ride his projected lead to a resounding victory, | Keith Mars本该打个大胜仗 |
[00:39] | and me and Wallace were supposed to sneak some champagne | 并且我和Wallace 计划偷喝些香摈 |
[00:42] | before making slightly tipsy crank calls to former sheriff Lamb. | 然后醉醺醺地打电话给前镇长Lamb. |
[00:46] | Instead, I’m riding out a nail-biter, while Wallace is off | 相反的是,我却变得束手无策, 那时Wallace |
[00:49] | finding himself with his dad in Chicago. | 和他的亲生父亲去了芝加哥 |
[00:51] | Instead of a best friend, I’ve got an e-mail address that won’t write back. | 在失去最好朋友的同时 我得到的却是个永远都不会回信的邮件地址 |
[00:55] | Don’t worry. | 别急 |
[00:56] | The polls are open 20 more minutes. | 选举还有20多分钟呢. |
[00:58] | We own the straggler vote. | 我们有流浪者的选票 |
[01:01] | You’re out of cocktail wienies, and I’m out of cocktail. | 我们的鸡尾酒香肠吃完了,我的鸡尾酒也喝完了. |
[01:06] | We’re out of gin. | 我们没有松子酒了. |
[01:07] | I’m not particular. | 我不介意. |
[01:08] | Our latest results now show Don Lamb nosing ahead by a percent. | 最新的投票结果表示LAMB领先一个百分点. |
[01:12] | Whatever it is, make it a double. | 随便什么,都来双份. |
[01:14] | …Between Don Lamb and challenger Keith Mars is neck and neck, | …现在 Don Lamb 和他的挑战者 Keith Mars 谁也不让谁, |
[01:18] | as it has been all night. We show that the incumbent is edging… | 这样维持了一晚上 结果就快出来了… |
[01:21] | Are you the sheriff? | 你是镇长吗? |
[01:23] | Looks like it’s going to stay that way. | 看上去它会这样保持下去. |
[01:26] | I have information about that mexican kid who got killed. | 我提供了那个被杀的墨西哥孩子的消息. |
[01:30] | Felix Toombs? | |
[01:31] | Yeah. I’m the one who made the anonymous call from the bridge. | 是的我就是那个在桥上打匿名电话的人. |
[01:39] | Dude. | 伙计. |
[01:41] | My stepmom? | 我的继母? |
[01:42] | I am a total piece of crap. | 我糟透了. |
[01:44] | Better you than the cable guy, I guess. | 我猜你比电线工人过得好. |
[01:46] | And I’d be lying to say if I never perved on your mom while she was prancing | 如果我说当你妈穿着性感的比基尼在泳池边 走过而我却不被吸引的话, |
[01:49] | around the pool in that hardly-there bikini of hers. | 那是骗你的 |
[01:53] | Great. So, no hard feelings? | 棒极了,没有什么很糟吧? |
[01:55] | No, she gave me a few. | 不,她让我感觉很不爽 |
[02:00] | So, Woody Goodman is officially the balboa county supervisor, | 那么, Woody Goodman就正式成为 balboa 县的管理人 |
[02:04] | the position historically referred to as “the mayor of Neptune.” | 也就是习惯上称的“Neptune的市长” |
[02:06] | And we’re officially calling the sheriff’s race. | 我们来正式看一下镇长的选票 |
[02:09] | Don Lamb holds onto his seat in a real nail-biter. | Don Lamb 稳坐了镇长的宝座 |
[02:12] | And I’m officially calling life unfair. | 我不得不说生活是不公平的. |
[02:15] | Well, we’ll get ’em in 2010, folks. | 伙计们,我们会在2010年搞定它的. |
[02:19] | Thanks for all the good work. | 感谢大家的辛苦工作 |
[02:22] | Ah, look on the bright side. | 你看上去不错. |
[02:25] | 49% of Neptune still likes you. | 仍然有49%的人喜欢你. |
[02:30] | This wasn’t how it should have gone. | 本来不该是这样的. |
[02:31] | Veronica, we did all we could. | Veronica, 我们尽力了. |
[02:33] | It wasn’t even a contest until Lamb decided to make you a scapegoat for the bus crash. | 要不是Lamb让你做了校车事件的替罪羊的话 他根本不是你的竞争对手 |
[02:38] | All we had to do was release the tape of the bus explosion. | 我们必须解开那段校车爆炸录音的真相. |
[02:41] | No. | 不 |
[02:42] | It was the best thing for the investigation. | 这是对调查最有利的帮助. |
[02:45] | The best thing for the investigation would have been a competent sheriff. | 最有利于调查的应该是有个能胜任的镇长. |
[02:51] | Honey, it’s over. | 亲爱的,这件事已经告一段落了. |
[02:54] | Go on to your boyfriend’s party. | 去你男朋友的舞会吧 |
[02:56] | I’ve got Cliff to keep me company. Right, Cliff? | 我有Cliff 来陪 . 对吧, Cliff? |
[02:58] | Right. | 对 |
[03:00] | I promise to hold his hair back if he has to make sick in the toilet. | 我保证当他吐的时候会扶着他的. |
[03:03] | You even know where your dad went? | 你甚至知道你父亲去哪了? |
[03:05] | Let’s just say I’m not at liberty to discuss. | 我们承认吧,我只是没有自由来讨论这件事. |
[03:07] | Our lawyers say if he ever sets foot on U.S. Soil, | 我们的律师说如果他踏上了美国的领土, |
[03:10] | he’s looking at 10 to 15 at club fed. | 他会到10个到15个酒吧去逛 |
[03:13] | So, you’re all alone? What’s that like? Is it cool? Or, I guess, weird? | 所以你就一个人? 怎么会这样的? 那很酷吗? 我觉得很奇怪 |
[03:18] | It’s tough. | 这很艰难. |
[03:19] | You know my real mom’s got a new family up in Frisco, | 你知道我亲生母亲在 Frisco重新组建了个家庭 |
[03:22] | so I’m pretty much the man of the house. | 所以我可以说是这房子的主人. |
[03:24] | I’m just trying to take care of Beav and stuff. | 我要照料Beav 和其他事情 |
[03:26] | Excuse me. | 请等一下. |
[03:27] | Hey, Veronica. | 嘿, Veronica. |
[03:29] | Hey, Gia, have you seen Duncan? | 嘿, Gia, 你看见 Duncan了吗? |
[03:31] | I’m sorry about your dad. It’s such a drag. | 你父亲的事我感到很遗憾. 真是件麻烦事. |
[03:34] | That other guy seems like a total knob. | LAMB看上去像个白痴一样 |
[03:36] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[03:37] | Congrats on your old man. | 恭喜你的那位男士. |
[03:39] | I guess that makes you, like, Neptune’s first daughter. | 我想那足以让你成为 Neptune’s 的首要人物了. |
[03:41] | Are you ready for all the parade waving and ribbon cutting? | 你准备好游行和剪彩了吗? |
[03:45] | I thought I’d go more bush-twins style — | 我觉得我会走更引人注目的路线 — |
[03:47] | you know, public drunkenness, sluttiness, and minor scandals. | 你知道的, 在公共场合酗酒, 放荡,还有小的丑闻 |
[03:50] | Speaking of which, what do you think about Dick? | 说到Dick,你觉得他怎么样? |
[03:54] | Uh… | 恩… |
[03:56] | Casablancas, I presume? | 卡萨布兰卡, 我假设? |
[03:58] | Um…well, what can I say? | 呃…好吧,我能说什么呢? |
[04:02] | Dick is just… Dick. | 王八蛋 就是… 王八蛋 |
[04:09] | Deputy Sachs? Now, that’s ballsy — | 代理人 Sachs? 真是大胆 — |
[04:12] | busting the mayor’s kid’s party on election night. | 选举之夜在市长孩子的舞会上捣乱. |
[04:16] | What is he doing here? | 他在这干什么? |
[04:18] | The sheriff would like to have a word with you. | 镇长想和你谈一谈. |
[04:20] | And I’d like to be the cream filling of an olson-twins sandwich, but — | 我很乐意成为三明治夹心中的奶油,但是 — |
[04:23] | will you come with me, please? | 你能跟我走一趟吗? |
[04:25] | If I’m under arrest, then do me the courtesy of making it all official-like. | 如果我被捕了,那就请正式点. |
[04:31] | Oh, yeah. | 哦, 好的. |
[04:33] | Logan echolls… | |
[04:35] | that’s more like it. | 这才像话. |
[04:36] | …You’re under arrest for the murder of Felix Toombs. | …你因涉嫌谋杀Felix Toombs被捕了. |
[04:39] | Ooh, I am having the weirdest déjà vu. | Ooh, 我有着最奇怪的 d�j?vu. |
[04:41] | You have the right to remain silent. | 你有权保持沉默. |
[04:43] | Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. | 你所说的任何话可能并将成为呈堂证供. |
[04:46] | You have the right to an attorney. | 你有权请律师. |
[04:48] | If you cannot find one, you will be appointed one by the court. | 如果你不能找到律师,法庭将会指派一位为你辩护. |
[04:56] | Douche chill! | 放松! |
[04:59] | Sheriff lamb, please. | 请帮我接镇长. |
[05:01] | Hey, Keith. | 嘿, Keith. |
[05:02] | Just a sec. | 请等一下. |
[05:04] | Keith Mars on the line. | Keith Mars找你 |
[05:08] | I got to take a message. | 我得传个口信. |
[05:10] | Just, you know, “good race” and all that, the usual pleasantries. | 你知道, “友好竞争” 和所有那些,平常的高兴事 |
[05:15] | I’ll pass that along, Keith. | 我想先放一放, Keith. |
[05:17] | I’m sorry. Things are just a little busy here right now. | 很抱歉,现在我有点忙. |
[05:19] | Following up that lead on the bus crash, I hope. | 我希望你忙着调查校车案件的线索. |
[05:22] | They’re checking out the front end, the brakes, everything. | 他们在检查车的前身,刹车,所有东西. |
[05:25] | They brought up the bus? | 他们把车带来了? |
[05:26] | In a night of bad surprises, I have one more I’d like to prevent. | 在一个厄运连连的晚上, 我又碰到了一个我想阻止的麻烦. |
[05:30] | Great. Apparently we’ve hired a wino to guard our door. | 好极了, 很明显我们雇了一个酒鬼来看守大门. |
[05:35] | Um, I don’t think you’re allowed to — | 说实话, 我不认为你经过允许 — |
[05:39] | Veronica Mars. | |
[05:43] | Abel Koontz? | |
[05:50] | I need your help. | 我需要你的帮助. |
[05:51] | I’m trying. I just — let’s sit down. | 我尽力. 只是– 我们先坐下. |
[05:53] | No. It’s my daughter Amelia. She’s missing, | 不,我女儿 Amelia失踪了 |
[05:57] | and I need your help to find her before I die. | 我需要你的帮助,在我死前找到她. |
[06:06] | Abel Koontz, bloated and reeking from rotgut wine. | Abel Koontz, 全身浮肿着 散发着劣质的威士忌酒的臭味出现在我面前. |
[06:10] | Surprise! | 真不敢相信! |
[06:14] | A long time ago, | |
[06:16] | we used to be friends but I | |
[06:19] | haven’t thought of you lately at all | |
[06:24] | Come on, now, sugar | |
[06:27] | bring it on, bring it on, | |
[06:28] | yeah just remember me when | |
[06:32] | we used to be friends a long time ago | |
[06:37] | we used to be friends | |
[06:45] | Amelia signed the settlement papers with Kane Software… | Amelia 和 Kane软件公司签了协议… |
[06:49] | last spring. | 去年春天. |
[06:53] | And what was the going rate for taking the fall for murder? | 是什么让你自愿成为杀人犯的呢? |
[06:57] | $3 million. | 300万美元. |
[06:59] | It was for Amelia. | 这都是为了Amelia. |
[07:02] | You don’t think making herself scarce was part of the settlement? | 你不认为让她觉得空虚也是协议的一部分吗? |
[07:04] | I need you to find her. | 我需要你帮我找到她. |
[07:09] | Why should I help you? | 我为什么要帮你? |
[07:10] | Because I’m begging you. | 因为我在求你. |
[07:15] | I missed her 21st birthday, and I won’t live to see her 22nd. | 我错过了她21岁生日,我活不到她22岁的那一天. |
[07:23] | Please? What are you doing? | 求你了? 你在干什么? |
[07:26] | Broke or not, there has to be a hospital that’ll take you. | 不管你是不是破产了都必须有家医院收你. |
[07:29] | Hi. I need to bring someone in. | 你好. 我要送人去医院. |
[07:31] | Where is your E.R. entrance? — Forget about me. | 你们的急症室入口在哪? — 别管我了. |
[07:32] | Will you help me find my daughter? | 你帮不帮我找女儿? |
[07:35] | Thank you. | 谢谢. |
[07:37] | Only because you begged. | 只看在你求我的面子上. |
[07:40] | Come on. | 来吧. |
[07:41] | Number four, step forward. | 第四个, 向前跨一步. |
[07:43] | Oh, wow, I’m stunned. | 喔, 我很惊讶. |
[07:46] | You like me. | 你喜欢我. |
[07:48] | You really like me. | 你真的喜欢我. |
[07:50] | Well, first I’d just like to say the other, uh, nominees | 那么, 首先我想说其他, 恩, 被提名的人 |
[07:54] | are all such wonderfully gifted criminals. | 都是如此有天赋的罪犯. |
[07:58] | And I want to thank my agent… | 我想谢谢我的代理商… |
[08:01] | …and my publicist | …和我的政评家 |
[08:02] | for always shooting me from the left side. | 因为他们总在我左边射我一枪. |
[08:06] | You might want to get a lawyer. | 你需要一个律师. |
[08:07] | What? For this charade? | 什么? 因为这个手势吗? |
[08:11] | Just get me the first sober public defender you find in the hall, | 那就给我你在大厅里找到的第一个冷静的公设辩护队吧 |
[08:14] | put the bail on my black amex, and call me a limo. | 把我放在我的黑色证券交易所, 并给我叫辆豪华轿车. |
[08:18] | Actually, buddy… | 实际上,伙计… |
[08:20] | it’s kind of hard to get bail without a hearing. | 在没有听讼的情况下要保释你不是那么容易的事. |
[08:22] | And even if you make it before a judge, | 即使你在法官面前成功了 |
[08:24] | I draw a lot of water in town, | 我费了不少工夫, |
[08:26] | and I got this feeling you might just get declared a flight risk. | 而且我还有罪恶感-你有可能会发生空难. |
[08:30] | Hmm? | 什么? |
[08:32] | Amelia held up her end of the deal with Jake Kane and vanished completely. | Amelia 延误了她和的交易 Jake Kane 并彻底消失了. |
[08:37] | Her paper trail dried up on may 27th. | 她的文件到5月27号就没有线索了. |
[08:39] | But it’s been my experience that personal ties don’t dry up so easily, | 但是根据我的经验,人与人之间的联系不会这么轻易就终止, |
[08:43] | and last I saw her, she was tied pretty tightly to a certain boyfriend. | 上次我见到她时,她还和男朋友交往甚密. |
[08:54] | Hi. Are you mike? | 你好. 你是Mike吗? |
[08:57] | I don’t know where she is. | 我不知道她在哪. |
[08:58] | The last place I saw her was in Ibiza. | 上次我见她是在伊比沙岛. |
[09:01] | You mean like “there’s Tara Reid passed out on the beach” Ibiza? | 你是说 ” Tara Reid 昏到在沙滩上的” 伊比沙岛? |
[09:05] | Yeah. I’d just finished finals, and she came up and said, | 是的. 我刚结束期末考试, 她就来找我, |
[09:07] | “hey, I got a whole bunch of money.” | “瞧, 我有一大笔钱.” |
[09:09] | Oh, a patent settlement. | 专利的解决方法. |
[09:11] | It was complicated. | 很复杂. |
[09:13] | Well, we went to Europe, | 其实, 我们去了欧洲, |
[09:14] | ended up in Ibiza. | 最后去了伊比沙岛. |
[09:16] | We met fun people. We went to the beach every single day, | 我们遇到有趣的人们. 我们每天都去海滩 |
[09:19] | tracked down all these cool parties on this website. | 搜索网站上好玩的舞会. |
[09:22] | It was cool. | 那很酷. |
[09:23] | I’m sensing an “until.” | 我的意思是 “直到.” |
[09:25] | One night we’re at this club one of these places | 一天晚上我们在这个酒吧 我们去的其中的一个地方 |
[09:28] | that drop this foam crap on you at midnight. | 还把泡沫滴在了你身上. |
[09:30] | So, we’re there. | 我们在场. |
[09:32] | We’re hanging out. | 我们正想出去. |
[09:33] | They drop the foam… | 他们开始喷泡沫… |
[09:36] | and that was the last I saw of her. | 那是我最后一次看见她. |
[09:39] | Did you check under the foam? | 你到泡沫底下检查了吗? |
[09:40] | I had to call my parents to fly me home. | 我必须要打电话给我父母接我回去. |
[09:43] | It basically kind of sucked. | 明显糟透了. |
[09:45] | Well, at least you got to go to Europe. | 至少你去过欧洲了. |
[09:47] | And all I got was this lousy t-shirt. | 我所得到的只是这些恶心的衣服. |
[09:49] | So you’re not… worried? | 难道你不… 担心吗? |
[09:52] | She ditched me. Whatever. | 不管怎样,她甩了我. |
[09:54] | The girl’s got three million bucks to keep her company. | 这个女孩有三百万来管理她的公司. |
[09:56] | If she’s really in trouble, she took all my phone cards. | 如果她真的有麻烦,她会拿走我所有的电话卡. |
[09:58] | She could call me, but… I kind of doubt that’s gonna happen. | 她可以打电话给我,但是… 我会怀疑她的. |
[10:03] | Okay, boyfriend ditched in Ibiza. | 原来如此, 在伊比沙岛甩了男朋友. |
[10:06] | Maybe Amelia’s old roommate got the behind-the-scenes on that. | 大概 Amelia’s以前的室友会知道一些幕后消息. |
[10:09] | God. She really went to Ibiza? | 天哪,她真的去了伊比沙岛了吗? |
[10:12] | Or maybe not. | 也许不是. |
[10:13] | Did she contact you? Anything about where she might have been? | 她联系你了吗?任何有关她在哪的消息? |
[10:16] | No, she just, you know, left. | 不,她只是,你知道,走了. |
[10:19] | Ibiza. That is so weird. | 伊比沙,真是不可思议. |
[10:23] | Weird? How so? | 奇怪,怎么会这样的? |
[10:24] | Well, she’s hardly the “girls gone wild” type. | 事实上, 她几乎是“野性女孩”那一类型的. |
[10:27] | I practically had to put a gun to her head | 我差点就用枪指着她 |
[10:29] | just to get her to do the greek booze cruise last year. | 为了让她参加去年的希腊酒宴巡游. |
[10:31] | Or maybe it’s true what they say — | 也可能他们说的是真的 — |
[10:33] | money changes people. | 钱会改变一个人. |
[10:36] | Ibiza. I’d follow up in person, | 伊比沙. 我会亲自调查下去, |
[10:39] | but dad’s pretty conservative about fact-finding trips abroad. | 但是爸爸对我到国外调查似乎有些不赞成. |
[10:47] | The calling cards Amelia took — | Amelia 拿走的那些电话卡 — |
[10:49] | did you jot the numbers down anywhere? | 你有没有把它们的号码记下来? |
[10:51] | So, the thong stays in the closet, and I hit the big Ibiza website. | 丁字裤还是在衣橱里, 而我偶然发现了伊比沙的网页. |
[10:56] | It’s time to see if any of the party people of europe | 是时候看看是否那些欧洲俱乐部里 |
[10:59] | know where Amelia Delongpre might be. | 有没有人会知道Amelia Delongpre在哪里. |
[11:09] | So, my tax dollars at work. | 看来我的税金起作用了. |
[11:12] | Where were you? Getting thirds at the “crazy girls” lunch buffet? | 你在哪? 还没厌倦在“疯女孩”餐厅用餐吗? |
[11:16] | They discontinued the buffet some health-code thing. | 事实上他们因为一些健康问题关了那家餐厅. |
[11:19] | Okay. My name is Cliff. | 自我介绍一下,我是Cliff. |
[11:21] | I’ll be your “if you cannot afford an attorney” attorney. | 我会作你的 “如果你请不起律师” 的律师. |
[11:23] | So, what are you trying to prove? | 那么你要证明什么呢? |
[11:27] | Um, my innocence? | 我是无辜的? |
[11:29] | No, I mean with this poor-little-rich-boy stunt. | 不,我是指你和那个可怜虫之间的事. |
[11:32] | Having me represent you doesn’t make you look innocent. | 我不会证明你很无辜. |
[11:35] | It makes you look like an arrogant jackass. | 那会让你看上去像个傲慢的傻子. |
[11:37] | If the witness’ story holds, you are going to trial. | 如果目击者仍然坚持他的故事, 那你会被审判. |
[11:40] | Mm-hmm. | |
[11:41] | The guy’s lying. | 那个人在撒谎. |
[11:43] | June 27th — you gave testimony saying you couldn’t remember a thing. | 6月27号–你的证词说你想不起来任何事. |
[11:47] | Now, he comes forward saying he saw you, bloody knife in hand, | 现在他进一步说看见你拿着沾满血迹的刀在那里, |
[11:50] | ranting like a maniac over a dead body. | 疯子般地站在死者边咆哮. |
[11:53] | And what exactly did I say, huh? | 那我还能说什么呢? |
[11:56] | “The — expletive, racial expletive — had it — | 诅咒的话,激动的诅咒, — |
[11:58] | maternal expletive — coming.” | 像女人一样诅咒,开始吧 |
[12:01] | But wait, there’s more. | 等一下,还有一些事. |
[12:02] | You then threatened to use your father’s money | 然后你威胁要用你父亲的钱 |
[12:04] | to have said witness killed. | 来杀目击者 |
[12:06] | Now, true or not, Logan, | 不管是不是真的, Logan, |
[12:07] | the Echolls name won’t buy you a lot of jury love. | Echolls这个名字是不会让陪审团对你有好感的. |
[12:10] | Not to men– | 对男人而言不是– |
[12:14] | It’s Cliff. | 喂. |
[12:15] | Cliffy, I need a quick favor. | Cliffy, 我要你帮我一个小忙. |
[12:17] | No can do. I am right in the middle — | 不行,我在忙着呢 |
[12:19] | Cliff, come on. You owe me. | Cliff,别这样,你欠我的. |
[12:21] | I owe you? Who un-confiscated all your fake college I.Ds? | 我欠你? 谁给你那么多假的大学身份证? |
[12:25] | Who got the Lincoln out of your ex’s name? | 那是谁把Lincoln这个姓从你前妻名字里去掉的? |
[12:28] | Well, who helped put that lien against “Lee’s wok and doughnut”? | 那么, 谁帮你保留了 “Lee的锅和甜甜圈”的留置权? |
[12:31] | And who proved that stripper was color-blind? | 那又是谁证明了那个脱衣舞女是个色盲? |
[12:34] | Okay, who am I calling and what am I giving them? | 好吧, 你要我打给谁又要我给他们什么? |
[12:38] | World Telecom. I texted you the number I need run. | 全球通.我会给你我要的号码. |
[12:41] | Nothing melts an operator’s heart like an overwrought Fred Macmurray. | 没什么能比过度紧张的Fred Macmurray更能打动人了. |
[12:45] | You’re a stud, Cliff. | 你这老顽固, Cliff. |
[12:47] | Right. | 好吧. |
[12:50] | Just… | 等一下… |
[12:53] | World Telecom. | |
[12:54] | Hello? My… My daughter’s disappeared. | 喂?我… 我的女儿失踪了. |
[12:59] | She left her husband and ran off with some wild girlfriend. | 她离开了丈夫和一个野女孩跑了. |
[13:02] | I think they got into some kind of trouble, but | 我觉得她们遇到麻烦了,但是 |
[13:04] | I’m sure it’s not her fault. | 我肯定这不是她的错. |
[13:05] | The police said they were headed to mexico, but no one’s seen them. | 警察说她们去了墨西哥那个方向,但没人看见她们. |
[13:09] | I just need to know if she’s okay. | 我只想知道她是否安然无恙. |
[13:12] | Please, could you tell me if she’s used her card? | 她用过她的卡了吗? |
[13:14] | What’s the number, sir? | 请给我她的卡号? |
[13:16] | Uh, 0922… 3346. | 呃, 0922… 3346. |
[13:22] | Isn’t that “Thelma & Louise”? | 那是 “Thelma & Louise”吗? |
[13:23] | Uh, yes. I have the information. | 是的. 我有信息. |
[13:25] | Can you e-mail that? | 你能发邮件过来吗? |
[13:27] | What’s the address, sir? | 请给我你的地址,先生? |
[13:28] | Vmars@aol.Com. | |
[13:30] | Yes, certainly. | 好的. |
[13:31] | Thank you. | 谢谢. |
[13:32] | Good luck, sir. | 祝你好运,先生. |
[13:32] | Bless you. | 你也是. |
[13:34] | That daughter of yours sounds like a real handful. | 你的女儿看上去有好几个. |
[13:38] | This is what I’m good at. Marquee murder cases? | 这正是我擅长的. 现在回到Marquee 的谋杀案 |
[13:42] | Nah. | 不是. |
[13:43] | Now, Lamb wants to keep you here, | Lamb想让你待在这儿, |
[13:45] | supposedly to ease community tensions, but really ’cause he’s mean. | 可以缓解社区人们的紧张情绪, 不过其实是他的意思. |
[13:48] | Do the smart thing — | 干些聪明事吧 — |
[13:50] | put daddy’s money to work and get a real lawyer… | 让你父亲的钱运作起来,并请个真正的律师… |
[13:53] | or three. | 三个也行. |
[14:00] | So Cliff comes through again, | Cliff又一次成功帮了我的忙, |
[14:02] | but the calling-card records aren’t telling me anything | 但是电话卡记录没有告诉我任何事 |
[14:04] | I don’t already know. | 我一无所知. |
[14:06] | Ibiza… Ibiza, Ibiza… | |
[14:10] | Neptune? Last week? | Neptune? 上周? |
[14:23] | So, uh… when do I get my conjugal visit? | 那么… 我什么时候可以见我妻子? |
[14:28] | It’s up to your new roommate. | 那得看你的新室友了. |
[14:34] | Logan? | |
[14:45] | What are you doing here? | 你在这干什么? |
[14:48] | Come on, pops. | 别这样. |
[14:50] | Jail’s where they put accused murderers. | 监狱是关杀人犯的地方. |
[14:53] | You remember that crap from the summer. Why are you here? | 你记得去年夏天的事. 你怎么会在这儿? |
[14:56] | They transferred me out of county this morning. | 他们今天早上把我调出了县. |
[14:59] | I guess our sheriff has a soft spot for family, huh? | 我猜县长抓住了我们家的小辫子,对吗? |
[15:03] | Well… | 厄… |
[15:05] | …At least I know what it takes to get a visit out of you. | …至少我知道怎么才能看到你. |
[15:08] | Those special times with your emancipation paperwork don’t really count. | 你的保释申请看来不起作用啊. |
[15:12] | I just need a little time to work through | 我只是需要一些时间来接受事实 |
[15:13] | how you bashed my girlfriend’s skull in. | 你是怎么打破LILY的头颅. |
[15:16] | Look, Logan… I made an unforgivable mistake, | 我知道 Logan… 我犯了个不可原谅的错误, |
[15:21] | but I am not a murderer. | 但我不是杀人犯. |
[15:23] | Oh, so you merely plowed my girlfriend | 这么说来你只是搞了我女朋友 |
[15:26] | and taped it for your home collection. | 并把它录下来作为家庭收集 |
[15:27] | I don’t expect any sympathy from you. | 我不乞求你任何的理解. |
[15:30] | That’s good. | 好极了. |
[15:31] | You have no idea. | 你不知道. |
[15:33] | You have no idea what actually happened that day. | 你根本不知道那天究竟发生了什么. |
[15:35] | Pop, I have a pretty good idea. | 我有个好主意. |
[15:37] | No, Keith Mars got it partly right. | 不, Keith Mars 所说的部分是正确的. |
[15:39] | Yeah, okay, Lilly and I fought. | 好吧, Lilly和我争执过. |
[15:41] | I followed her home but not to hurt her. I swear to god. | 我跟着她回家但是没有打算伤害她,我发誓. |
[15:45] | Duncan found us. | Duncan发现了我们. |
[15:47] | He must have heard everything because he was furious. | 他一定听到了这一切,因为他狂怒了起来. |
[15:51] | He was out of his mind. He was ranting and raving. | 他当时疯了,咆哮并且语无伦次. |
[15:53] | So, Duncan killed Lilly? | 你的意思是,Duncan杀了Lilly? |
[15:56] | Wow. | 天哪. |
[15:58] | All I know is I got out. | 我所知道的是我当时离开了. |
[16:00] | The next thing, it was all over the news. | 然后所有人都认为我杀了Lily. |
[16:02] | So you tried to kill another girl, also a girlfriend of mine. | 所以你就想杀了另外一个女孩,同样也是我的女朋友. |
[16:08] | What, to maintain your innocence? | 为了保持你的清白吗? |
[16:10] | I-I-I just snapped. | 我-我-我只是太愤怒了. |
[16:13] | Logan, I lost it. | Logan, 我当时失去理智了. |
[16:16] | But… | 只是… |
[16:21] | You don’t believe me. | 你也不相信我. |
[16:25] | Why should a jury believe me? | 为什么陪审团要相信我呢? |
[16:30] | Maybe my life is over. | 我的生活大概完了 |
[16:34] | It may be. | 也许吧. |
[16:36] | But you shouldn’t throw yours away just to spite me. | 但是你不该只是为了报复我而放弃你的生活. |
[16:40] | Come on, Logan. | 来吧, Logan. |
[16:41] | Let me help you. | 我来帮助你 |
[16:42] | Let me call some guys down at the firm. | 我会打电话给公司的一些人. |
[16:44] | They gave me a lawyer. | 他们给了我一个律师. |
[16:45] | A real lawyer, not some public servant | 一个真正的律师, |
[16:48] | with a mail-order diploma and a $300 suit. | 而不是只有邮购的证书和件 $300西装的社工. |
[16:50] | Two for $500, actually, but your point remains valid. | 两件500美元, 但你所说的仍然有效. |
[16:53] | You — you got bail. Let’s go. | 你–你被保释了,走吧. |
[16:57] | Bail? How? You said — | 保释?怎么会?你说过 — |
[17:00] | Judge Bloom and I shvitz at the same gym. | 法官Bloom 和我在同一个体育馆运动. |
[17:03] | I’ll be billing you for a case of cohibas | 我会给你的cohibas案子资助 |
[17:05] | and a 4-handed thai massage. | 还有两个美女的泰式按摩. |
[17:07] | There’s also the matter of a $200,000 bond. | 还有200,000 美圆的债券. |
[17:10] | So, chip, how about you thank me by taking the old block’s advice? | 伙计,我接受了那个老顽固的建议,你怎么谢我? |
[17:15] | Get a new lawyer. | 找个新律师吧. |
[17:22] | Well, you’re kind of winning me over. | 你赢了. |
[17:24] | Being a private eye is all about connecting the dots. | 当个私家侦探的任务就是把所得到的线索连起来. |
[17:27] | Sometimes that’s difficult. Sometimes it’s not. | 有时很难,有时不是. |
[17:31] | When a girl goes missing after taking hush money from Kane Software, | 当一个失踪的女孩从Kane软件公司拿了封口费, |
[17:35] | then unexpectedly reappears to use the pay phone across the street, | 然后出乎意料的出现在在马路对面并用了付费电话, |
[17:39] | there’s only one person to talk to. | 我要找的只有一个人. |
[17:46] | Where have you been? | 你去哪了? |
[17:47] | Sorry, someone just called and said they were towing my car. | 不好意思,刚才有个人打电话给我说有人正在拖我的车. |
[17:54] | What are you the head of again? | 你是哪儿的头儿?(COOL GESTURE!) |
[17:56] | This is it. | 就是你. |
[17:58] | I would have thought that helping your billionaire boss | 我应该帮助你那有钱的老板 |
[18:00] | cover up his daughter’s murder would have snagged you a better office… | 掩盖她女儿被谋杀一案可能就会让你升不了官了… |
[18:04] | or at least a plaque. | 至少会妨碍你. |
[18:05] | What are you doing here? | 你来这干嘛? |
[18:07] | I am looking for someone. | 我在找人. |
[18:09] | Maybe you’ve seen her — | 也许你看到过她 — |
[18:10] | Amelia Delongpre. | |
[18:11] | Why would you think I’d know anything about her whereabouts? | 你为什么认为我知道她下落? |
[18:14] | Maybe because you’re the person who bribed her to disappear. | 也许你就是那个给钱让她消失的人. |
[18:18] | If you mean track her down at the motel where you hid her | 如果你指我追查到你藏她的那个旅馆的话 |
[18:21] | so she could sign paperwork for a legal settlement — | 所以她就能签下一份合法的协议 — |
[18:24] | or maybe because she popped up last week | 又或许她上周突然出现 |
[18:26] | to make a call from the pay phone across the street. | 从街对面的付费电话打过来. |
[18:29] | Not to me. | 不是打给我的. |
[18:30] | And what business is it of mine where she makes her phone calls? | 她打电话跟我有什么关系? |
[18:34] | I have no further interest in Amelia Delongpre. | 我对Amelia Delongpre已经没有兴趣了. |
[18:37] | Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have to get back to work, | 现在我得工作去了,失陪, |
[18:39] | and you have to get back to minding your own business. | 你还是管好你自己的事吧. |
[18:43] | Or do I need to, uh — | 我要, 呃 — |
[18:43] | No need to call yourself to escort me out. | 不需要护送我出去了. |
[18:46] | You know I know the drill. | 我知道这儿的规章制度. |
[18:50] | If you drink it, you get a shirt. | 喝掉他,你会得到件衣服. |
[18:52] | Why do I want a seÑor shrimp shirt? | 我为什么要那件有小虾图案的衣服? |
[18:55] | It’s a shrimp, and he’s saying, “eat me.” | 因为那是只虾,它在说“吃了我吧”。 |
[18:57] | It’s awesome. We got to go. | 听上去不错,我们得走了. |
[18:59] | Yeah, bro — make sure you bring cigarettes and toilet paper, okay? | 嘿,老兄,记得带上香烟和厕纸 |
[19:04] | You’re talking about visiting your buddy Logan in jail, right? | 你们在商量去监狱看Logan ? |
[19:06] | Uh, we were talking about seÑor shrimp. | 呃我们在讨论印有小虾图案的衣服. |
[19:10] | Well, you might want to drop in anyway, | Well, 你们想顺便去看看他, |
[19:11] | ’cause now they got a witness to your boy killing Felix, | ‘因为他们有看见 Felix被杀的证人, |
[19:14] | and they’re going to hold him. | 他们想要抓住他. |
[19:16] | Jail can be a scary place for such a sensitive boy. | 对如此敏感的人来说监狱会是个可怕的地方. |
[19:19] | Wait. | 等一下. |
[19:20] | Did I miss a state proposition or something? | 我错过了发表意见的时机了吗? |
[19:22] | Is it now a crime to kill a mexican? | 杀墨西哥人是犯罪吗? |
[19:25] | That guy needs an ass-kickin’! | 你欠扁啊’! |
[19:26] | I think it would make him a better person. | 我觉得要好好教训他一下。 |
[19:31] | Hey, why the long face? | 干嘛拉长脸啊? |
[19:32] | Somebody rip down your J-Lo calendar? | 有人撕了你的 J-Lo挂历吗 ? |
[19:34] | You didn’t hear? | 你没听到? |
[19:36] | Logan made bail in like two minutes. | Logan 刚得到保释. |
[19:38] | Walked out. | 出去. |
[19:40] | Damn, man. You see? | 该死,你看到拉? |
[19:41] | These white boys get away with everything. | 这些白人要什么有什么. |
[19:43] | We should have done something about that guy months ago. | 我们应该几个月前就对他做点什么. (原来是他们害LOGAN的。。。该死的WEEVIL) |
[19:45] | Seriously, bro. | 严肃点,伙计. |
[19:47] | People are saying stuff, man. | 人们在谈论东西 |
[19:50] | What do you mean, “stuff”? | 你指什么, “东西”? |
[19:51] | I mean my little brother | 我是说我弟弟 |
[19:52] | the other day asked me if it’s true that P.C.H. stands for “Panty Club for Homos.” | 那天他问我P.C.H. 的意思是不是 “女同性恋俱乐部.” |
[19:59] | Yeah. Heard it at school. | 是的,在学校听说过. |
[20:03] | Maybe it is time we did something about Logan Echolls. | 也许现在是到了我们对 Logan Echolls做点什么的时候了. |
[20:07] | Hey. | 嘿. |
[20:08] | Hey. | 嘿. |
[20:09] | Ew. | |
[20:11] | So, which is a better place chasers or seÑor shrimp? | 什么地方能抓到或者看到小虾? |
[20:14] | For what? Watching sorority girls stumble? | 干嘛?用来吓女学生会吗? |
[20:16] | M-bomb is getting us new fake I.Ds. | M-bomb正在帮我们弄假身份证. |
[20:18] | He got him. I saw them.They’re awesome. | 他找到的,我看到了,酷毙了. |
[20:20] | But I guess we’re all from Rhode Island, | 我们都来自 Rhode Island, |
[20:22] | so remember — we’re tourists. | 记住啦– 我们是来旅游的. |
[20:25] | You disapprove. | 你不赞成. |
[20:26] | No, it’s awesome. I just left something. | 不,那很棒。我忘了些东西. |
[20:29] | I’ll see you in class. | 班上见. |
[20:36] | Dawn, it’s Veronica Mars. | Dawn, 我是 Veronica Mars. |
[20:37] | So, when you and Amelia went on the booze cruise last year, | 你和Amelia 去年什么时候去酒宴巡游的, |
[20:40] | she was only 20. She must have had a fake I.D.? | 她只有20. 她一定有假身份证 |
[20:44] | Her cousin. And what’s her cousin’s name? | 她表兄?给我他的名字 |
[20:46] | Margot Schnell. | |
[20:48] | Bingo. Rented a car at the San Diego airport last week. | 找到了. 上周在圣地亚哥机场借了车. |
[20:56] | Best thing about two days in jail — | 在监狱的两天最好的事就是 — |
[20:59] | two days worth of “Ellen” on the tivo, that sweet feeling. | 两天离开电视和 “Ellen” 在一起真是甜蜜. |
[21:05] | What’s your address again? | 再给我一遍地址? |
[21:30] | That’s going to mess up your tivo. | 看来你的电视数据盒毁了. |
[21:40] | Hi. I’m hoping you can help me. | 你好. 希望你能帮我. |
[21:42] | Well, the good news is that’s just what I’m here for. | 非常乐意效劳. |
[21:45] | Looks like I totally got the right guy. | 看上去我找对人了. |
[21:48] | Okay, here’s my thing. | 好吧, 我的事情是 |
[21:50] | My friend — she rented the coolest car from you guys, | 我的朋友―她从你们这借了最酷的车, |
[21:52] | and some of us were going up to see the Staind show, | 我们准备去看the Staind show, |
[21:55] | and I wanted to find out what it was | 我想找出这辆车 |
[21:57] | so that I could rent one for us to road-trip. | 那样我们就可以借一辆去旅游了. |
[21:59] | Okay. What’s the name? | 好的. 名字是? |
[22:01] | Margot Schnell. | |
[22:02] | “Margot” with a “t,” Schnell is — | “Margot” 是一个 “t,” Schnell 是 — |
[22:04] | It means “fast” in german. | 在德语是“快”的意思. |
[22:06] | Wow. You speak german? | 哇. 你会说德语啊? |
[22:09] | Jawohl. | 当然 |
[22:11] | Okay. That’s a Lesabre. | 那是 Lesabre.(别克车型) |
[22:15] | What do they call that awesome color? It was… | 他们怎么说那个很酷的颜色? 它是… |
[22:18] | White? That’s called white. | 白色?那是白色的. |
[22:22] | Yup. | 对哦! |
[22:23] | Yeah, that particular car is rented right now, | 那辆车现在被租了, |
[22:25] | but I can get you a regal with moonroof in teal | 不过我能帮你弄一辆敞篷车 |
[22:29] | for $250 a week, not including tax and liability, | $250 一周, 不包括税和债务, |
[22:32] | which would be a great way to go and see Stain… | 很适合你们去看 Stain… |
[22:35] | “…D.” “Staind.” | |
[22:38] | Oh, gosh, that is… more than I thought. | 这个…超出了我的预算. |
[22:40] | Um…you wouldn’t happen to have anything more like…$40. | 那个…你有没有车是…$40左右的. |
[22:47] | No. | 没有. |
[22:48] | Oh. | 哦. |
[22:55] | This routine used to be a tag-team number, | 这项程序一项都是两人搭档的, |
[22:57] | but with Wallace still A.W.O.L., now it’s a one-woman show. | 但是Wallace仍旧在A.W.O.L., 现在就成了我的独角戏了. |
[23:01] | …I’m here. I’m doubly here. There’s two of me. | …我在这,哪都不去 |
[23:04] | I’ve got places to be. | 我要出去一下. |
[23:05] | I want you to lock up and take care of all those files. | 我要你锁好这些文件,看管好它们. |
[23:18] | You have to help me. | 你得帮帮我. |
[23:19] | What’s the problem? | 什么事? |
[23:20] | Well, to begin with, my colleague is an unbearable nazi | 首先, 我的同事是让人无法忍受的纳粹份子 |
[23:24] | who couldn’t find his own ass with a mirror and a miner’s hat, | 自己的东西放的乱七八糟, |
[23:26] | kind of like that guy, you know? | 就像那类人,明白吗? |
[23:29] | Long story short, I’m doing this big presentation, | 长话短说, 我要做一次很重要的演讲, |
[23:31] | I’m about to crush him for the promotion, | 我要打败他,不让他得到提升, |
[23:33] | and I realized I left my laptop in the rental, | 我发现我的手提电脑忘在租车里了, |
[23:38] | and I’m totally screwed. | 我完蛋了. |
[23:39] | You have to help me. | 无论如何你得帮帮我. |
[23:40] | Do you remember the car? | 你记得那辆车什么样子吗? |
[23:42] | It was a white Lesabre. I turned it in last week. | 是白色的 Lesabre. 上周我还回来的. |
[23:48] | Well, it’s rented out now. I mean, it could be anywhere. | 现在租出去了. 我是说,它可能在任何地方. |
[23:50] | You don’t have a number, no… um…Onstar. | 你有没有车牌号, 不…Onstar. |
[23:55] | Don’t you have some sort of special button or something? | 你有没有任何按钮或者特殊的东西可以帮我找到它? |
[23:57] | We’re not really supposed to do that. | 我们不能这么做. |
[23:59] | The world is not supposed to be totally unfair, either, but… | 这个世界不该是不公平的,但是… |
[24:03] | this jackass can’t win. | 我不能让那混蛋赢. |
[24:15] | Hi, I’m calling from San Diego. | 你好, 这里是San Diego. |
[24:17] | I’m trying to locate a car. Code is 92347. | 我要找一辆车的位置. 车牌号是 92347. |
[24:22] | They’re not getting a signal, which usually means they’re in a garage. | 他们收不到信号,这辆车很可能在车库里. |
[24:26] | Is there anything? | 还有其他的吗? |
[24:27] | Has there been activity on — | 有什么行为 — |
[24:28] | oh, can you give me that? | 你能告诉我吗? |
[24:33] | They did a remote unlock, which means they have gps coordinates. | 他们是用遥控开锁的, 这意味着他们有GPS导航系统. |
[24:35] | Okay, thank you very much. | 非常感谢. |
[24:39] | Okay. So, two days ago, they were right here. | Okay. 两天前,他们在这儿. |
[24:42] | Waverly, California? | |
[24:44] | Thank you so much. Please call if you know anything else. | 非常感谢。一有新的消息请打电话给我. |
[24:47] | I hope your boss gets canned. | 祝你搞定你老板. |
[24:50] | Yours, too. | 你也一样. |
[24:57] | So, what’d you find? | 你发现了些什么? |
[24:58] | I’m sorry. What? | 很抱歉,你说什么? |
[25:00] | You brought up the bus. | 校车那案有了新的进展. |
[25:01] | I want to know if your forensic guys found any evidence of an explosion. | 我想知道你手下的人对爆炸的调查有没有新线索. |
[25:05] | Look, Keith, when you called on tuesday night to concede — | Keith,你礼拜二晚上打电话说要让步 — |
[25:08] | I’m sorry I missed the call, by the way — | 很抱歉我错过了电话,顺便说一下 — |
[25:10] | I figured you were conceding your involvement in this case. | 我认为你在这件案子上要让步. |
[25:13] | If I didn’t turn over that voice mail Veronica found, | 如果我没有把Veronica发现的语音邮件给你的话, |
[25:16] | that bus would still be on the bottom of the sea. | 校车案件到现在还是石沉大海. |
[25:18] | Keith, we’re on it. | Keith, 我们都在调查. |
[25:21] | Maybe you should worry a little less about the bus | 也许你应该少担心点校车的事 |
[25:23] | and a little more about your daughter. | 多关心一下你女儿. |
[25:25] | What’s that supposed to mean? | 什么意思? |
[25:28] | She didn’t tell you? And you two seemed so close. | 她没告诉你吗? 你们俩还真是半斤八两. |
[25:30] | Tell me what? | 告诉我什么? |
[25:32] | It was a couple weeks back. We had Veronica down to the station. | 那是几星期前的事了. Veronica 去了车站. |
[25:36] | Right, something about… her name written on a guy’s hand, | 有些关于… 一个男人的手里写着她名字, |
[25:41] | a guy who washed up on the beach. | 那个男人被冲到了海滩上. |
[25:43] | Forget it. She said it was nothing, so… | 别提了,她说无所谓… |
[25:48] | you know kids these days. | 现在的小孩,你知道的. |
[25:55] | Okay, so now I know two things — | 现在我知道了两件事 — |
[25:57] | where Amelia was two days ago and why I’ve never heard of Waverly, California. | Amelia两天前在哪里和为什么我从没听说过 Waverly, 加州 |
[26:16] | Actually, there’s no “o” in “naughty.” | 实际上 ,”naughty”里没有”o” |
[26:18] | It’s “knotty,” with a “k,” like in pine. | 是”knotty,” 有一个 “k,” 像松树. |
[26:21] | I-I-I-it’S…research. | 这…是项研究. |
[26:24] | “Knotty school girls”? What will they think of next? | “麻烦的女学生”? 接下来他们会想什么呢? |
[26:27] | You want a room? It’s 30 bucks a night. | 你要间房间吗?30元一晚上. |
[26:31] | Actually, I’m looking for someone. | 实际上,我在找人. |
[26:32] | Well, if it’s me, congratulations. | 如果是我的话,恭喜啦. |
[26:35] | Otherwise, unless you get lucky at the gas ‘n’ sip, | 否则, 除非你能在煤气中毒幸存, |
[26:38] | your options are pretty limited around here. | 你在这的选择是受限制的. |
[26:41] | It’s a friend. She probably passed through here in the last couple days. | 是我的一个朋友,她可能前几天再这儿待过. |
[26:45] | Have you seen her? | 你看见她了吗? |
[26:46] | Yeah. Yeah, she got a room a couple of days ago. | 是的,她几天前在这租了一个房间. |
[26:50] | Can I see the room she stayed in? | 我能看一下她待的那件房间吗? |
[26:52] | Like I said… room’s $30 a night. | 我说过了… 一晚上30美圆. |
[27:10] | You’ve got millions of dollars, and you’ve been partying all across Europe. | 有着数百万美金, 去过欧洲大部分酒吧. |
[27:15] | What brings you here? | 什么引你来这的呢? |
[27:31] | Hey, dad. | Hey, 爸爸. |
[27:32] | Where are you? | 你在哪里? |
[27:33] | What? I’m — | 什么?我在 — |
[27:34] | Where are you right now? | 你现在在哪儿? |
[27:37] | I’m… shopping in a funny little art gallery downtown. | 我在… 市区的一个小画廊里购物. |
[27:42] | Show me. | 证明给我看. |
[27:44] | Dad, I don’t know how I’m supposed to — | 爸爸,我不知道我该怎样 — |
[27:45] | Take a picture, send it to me, then I’ll relax. | 拍照片发给我,让我好安心. |
[27:48] | And when you come home, you can tell me about the dead guy on the beach. | 你回家后,就可以告诉我关于那个沙滩上的死者的事了. |
[27:55] | How could you keep this from me? | 你怎么能跟我隐瞒这事? |
[27:59] | I didn’t want you to worry. | 我不想让你担心. |
[28:01] | About what? What did you find? | 担心什么?你发现什么了? |
[28:06] | The guy on the beach is David Moran, | 死者叫David Moran, |
[28:08] | A.K.A. “Curly.” | |
[28:09] | He knew Aaron Echolls from way back. | 他知道Aaron Echolls . |
[28:13] | He knew how to make a bus crash. | 他知道怎样制造车祸. |
[28:15] | What do you mean? | 什么意思? |
[28:16] | He was a stunt man on a movie called “The Long Haul.” | 他是个矮胖的人,在 “The Long Haul”出演过 |
[28:19] | It was Aaron’s first big hit. | 那是Aaron的成名作. |
[28:22] | You really think — | 你真的认为– |
[28:24] | I don’t know. I don’t know. | 我不知道,我不知道. |
[28:28] | But if it’s true, if… Aaron is really trying to take out a witness, | 但是如果是真的话 如果… Aaron真的想要销毁证据 |
[28:33] | then that means all those kids died because of me. | 那就意味着那些孩子是为我而死的. |
[28:37] | And trying to figure it out is the only thing keeping me from going insane crazy. | 查明真相是唯一让我不发疯的办法. |
[28:43] | Otherwise I’d just obsess about it 24 hours a day. | 否则我每日每夜都会良心不安的. |
[28:46] | Yeah. Yeah, I know the feeling. | 是的,是的, 我知道这感受 |
[28:48] | It’s called being a parent. | 这就是为人父母的感受. |
[28:51] | You send me that picture, and we’ll talk when you get home. | 你把照片发给我 然后你回来后我们可以好好谈谈. |
[29:17] | Is this what they imagined when they invented all this technology? | 人们发明这些高科技产物是已经想象到了这一切了吗? |
[29:20] | A digital leash for a nervous parent? | 为紧张的父母提供的数码绳索? |
[29:25] | And speaking of technology, | 谈到高科技, |
[29:26] | my bluetooth connection is detecting Amelia’s palm pilot. | 我的蓝牙正在查Amelia’s 的飞行员. |
[29:29] | “Maximum range, 30 feet.” | “最大范围,三十英尺.” |
[29:37] | Sorry to interrupt the research. | 很抱歉打扰你的研究. |
[29:38] | Is there anyone staying in the room past mine? | 在我之前有任何人来过这间房间吗? |
[29:41] | Rooms…are…$30. | 房间…三十…美圆. |
[30:05] | Can I see the room this side of mine? | 我能看一下房间的这一面吗? |
[30:56] | I thought I told you to mind your own business. | 我告诉过你管好自己的事. |
[31:03] | My father knows where I am and what I’m doing. | 我爸知道我的行踪. |
[31:05] | He knows –I’m guessing that was her? | 他知道–我猜是他的? |
[31:08] | Amelia? | |
[31:09] | In the ice machine? | 在制冰机里? |
[31:12] | Wait. | 等一下. |
[31:21] | I wasn’t entirely up-front with you the other day. | 我和你那天差不多前后脚. |
[31:25] | Amelia signed her papers and disappeared just like I said. | Amelia签了协议并且像我所说的一样消失. |
[31:28] | I considered the matter settled until — | 我以为事情解决了直到 — |
[31:30] | Until she made a call from the pay phone across the street. | 直到她从街对面的付费电话打过来. |
[31:32] | No, that was the second call to arrange for the pickup. | 不,那是她第二次打电话勒索了. |
[31:35] | The first call was to extort an additional quarter million from Kane Software. | 第一个电话她要求 Kane软件公司给她24万美金. |
[31:39] | She wanted more money? She got three million bucks six months ago. | 她要求更多的钱? 她六个月钱得到了300万元. |
[31:43] | I gave her the money — marked bills — | 我给了她钱– 做过记号的– |
[31:46] | under the condition that she disappear until the Kanes’ legal issues were settled. | 在那样的情况下她消失了直到Kanes’ 的案子解决. |
[31:51] | But a week after she’s supposed to be on the plane, | 但是一周后她本该在飞机上的, |
[31:53] | marked bills started showing up here. | 做过记号的钱在那里出现了. |
[31:56] | So, you did find someone at the gas ‘n’ sip, and now you need a room? | 你在煤气中毒案件中发现了某人 而现在你又要见件房间? |
[32:01] | Was anyone else in here two nights ago? Did you see anyone with her? | 两天前晚上还有人在这里吗? 你看见有人和她在一起吗? |
[32:04] | Why? Is he missing a friend, too? | 干什么? 他也在找朋友吗? |
[32:07] | Answer the question, or I’ll break all your fingers. | 乖乖回答问题,不然我就折断你的手指. |
[32:10] | J-just the guy she come in with. | 她-她和一个男的一起来的. |
[32:13] | What? You didn’t ask. | 什么?你又没问我 . |
[32:14] | What did he look like? | 他长相怎样? |
[32:16] | Brown hair, medium size, t-shirt. | 棕发,中等身材,穿着T恤. |
[32:22] | Thank you. | 谢谢. |
[32:25] | You’re welcome. | 不客气. |
[32:26] | That description rings a bell? | 你有头绪了吗? |
[32:27] | Yeah. | 是的. |
[32:28] | I need you to take me to this person. | 我要你带我去找这个人. |
[32:31] | What about — | 你看 — |
[32:32] | no, I’ll deal with the cops. | 不,我会和警察报案. |
[32:33] | I need a better handle on this before things go too public. | 我要在事情公之于众之前先处理好. |
[32:44] | Just two chairs? | 就两张椅子? |
[32:47] | Where’s my lawyer going to sit? | 那我的律师坐哪儿? |
[32:48] | Oh, it’s an unofficial visit, | 这不是正式的, |
[32:51] | just me and the guard who’ll deny I was ever here. | 只有我和那个一直否认我存在的警卫. |
[32:53] | Ah. | 哦 |
[32:56] | Well… in that case, I hope you won’t mind carrying the conversation. | 在这种条件下,我希望你不会介意和我谈话. |
[33:01] | Have it your way. | 随你喜欢. |
[33:03] | You look good. What do you got going on? | 你看上去不错,你得到了些什么? |
[33:06] | Some weights? A little cardio? | 长胖了? 打牌? |
[33:09] | Well, I got a lot of free time. | 我的空闲时间很多. |
[33:13] | I just got my psychology degree. | 我刚得到心理学的学位. |
[33:15] | And now I’m reading the russian masters — | 现在我正在读俄国名著– |
[33:18] | Tolstoy, Turgenev… you know. | 托而斯泰, Turgenev… 你知道. |
[33:21] | So, did you come out here to talk self-improvement? | 你是来这儿谈我的进步的吗? |
[33:25] | I’m here because of my daughter. | 我是为我女儿而来. |
[33:28] | Oh, now that’s funny. So am I. | 真有趣 我也这么想. |
[33:30] | So, did you come here today to thank me, Keith? | 你来这儿是谢谢我的吗, Keith? |
[33:34] | You know, for your 15 minutes? | 为了你那15分钟? |
[33:36] | ‘Cause if it wasn’t for me, no one would have bought that hack book of yours. | 如果不是因为我的话,就没有人会买你的书了. (KEITH不是出了本书吗~有关案子的) |
[33:45] | I guess you didn’t come to thank me. | 我想你不是过来谢我的. |
[33:48] | Maybe — maybe you just came here to gloat, hmm? | 也许–也许你只是过来自我满足以下, 不是吗? |
[33:53] | No, that doesn’t seem like you much, either. | 那好象也不是. |
[34:00] | Why did you come here, Keith? | 你来这到底干嘛, Keith? |
[34:02] | Former employee of yours shows up dead, sabotaged school bus goes over a cliff, | 你的一个前职员将一辆被故意破坏过的校车开出了悬崖, |
[34:07] | and I start to worry about Veronica’s safety. | 我开始担心起我女儿的安全来. |
[34:09] | Whoa, whoa, whoa. Wait a minute. | 偶,偶 ,偶 . 等一下. |
[34:11] | You think I had something to do with the crash? | 你认为我跟这案子有关? |
[34:14] | Whoo. Whoo-hoo, you are priceless, Keith! | 哇, 你真厉害, Keith! |
[34:17] | You know, they give enough press, you’d find a way to put me on the grassy knoll. | 你知道,你压力太大了,得找个地方发泄一下. |
[34:22] | Truth is… I don’t care if you’re behind the crash or not. | 事实上… 你是否在幕后指使. |
[34:26] | I just want you to know that if anything happens to my daughter in, say, the next… | 我要你知道如果我女儿有任何不测的话… |
[34:30] | 70, 80 years, you’re the one who’s going to pay for it. | 接下来的70 80年你都要为这付出代价. |
[34:36] | Now, did you come all the way out here just to give me that tough-guy speech? | 你来这儿是不是就是为了告诉我这些严肃的话? |
[34:40] | No, I came all the way out here to show how easily I can get to you. | 不,我来这为了让你知道我很容易就能搞定你. |
[34:44] | So just… file that away. | 你有种试试看吧.(好酷的表情) |
[35:02] | Hey, what’s going on? | 是你啊,什么事? |
[35:05] | What are you doing? You said you were going to ask him some questions. | 住手? 你说你只是问他一些问题. |
[35:11] | I’m going to ask you some yes or no questions. You understand? | 我要问你一些问题,你只能说是或者不是 听清楚了没有? |
[35:13] | Do you understand?! | 听清楚了没有?!(黑人就是有气势啊) |
[35:15] | Have you seen Amelia Delongpre in the last two weeks? | 前两个礼拜你见过Amelia Delongpre没有? |
[35:18] | Did you conspire with her to blackmail Kane Software? | 你有没有和她共同蓄谋勒索 Kane软件公司? |
[35:21] | He doesn’t know. If he falls, he’s going to break his neck. | 他不知道这件事. 如果他从这儿掉下去 会把脖子折断的. |
[35:24] | Did you conspire with her to blackmail Kane Software? | 你有没有和她共同蓄谋勒索 Kane软件公司? |
[35:29] | Did you kill Amelia Delongpre? | 你有没有杀Amelia Delongpre? |
[35:32] | Wow. Where’d you learn that interrogation technique? | 哇.你在哪学的这些审问方式? |
[35:35] | Harvard. | 哈佛. |
[35:36] | That’s a pretty convincing hysterical routine you got. Where’d you learn that? | 你说服人的方式也有一套,哪学的? |
[35:40] | Watching cheerleading-tryout results. Do you think he did it? | 看拉拉队长选拔赛时. 你认为他杀了Amelia吗 ? |
[35:44] | Nah. No one’s that good a liar. | 不.没有人在那种情况下还能撒谎. |
[35:46] | Another sweet thing is I’m in constant video contact | 另外一件让我回味的事就是在录象中 |
[35:49] | with Martha Stewart, right? | 和Martha Stewart一起? |
[35:50] | It’s kind of like a “Dick Tracy” kind of thing. | 像”Dick Tracy” . |
[35:52] | What the hell is this, man? | 你在搞什么鬼? |
[35:58] | Esta…una… | |
[36:01] | What is their word for “paper”? | 怎么说”paper”这个词? |
[36:03] | Uh, “papero”? | |
[36:06] | Okay, I’ll translate. Just don’t tell the ESL teacher | 好吧, 我来翻译. 不过不要告诉ESL老师 |
[36:09] | I helped you cheat. | 我帮你作弊. |
[36:12] | That’s an eviction notice. | 是张驱逐令. |
[36:13] | You bought my grandmother’s house? | 你买了我祖母的房子? |
[36:15] | That’s right. | 没错. |
[36:16] | Su casa is mi casa. | |
[36:18] | But in my defense, Weevil, I do need a new one. | 但是替我想想, Weevil, 我的确需要幢新房子 |
[36:21] | You might have heard my former domicile was, uh, burned quite unexpectedly. | 你应该听说了我之间的房子不知怎么的被烧了. |
[36:26] | If you kick my family out — | 如果你把我的家人赶出去– |
[36:28] | have it your way — we’ll all live together | 你另想办法吧 — 我们可以住在一起 |
[36:30] | in one big, wacky sitcom family. | 在一幢大大的,古怪的房子里. |
[36:33] | On second thought, I’m kicking you out. | 然后一想,我得把你踢出去. |
[36:35] | And on third thought, | 再仔细一想, |
[36:37] | I wouldn’t live in that roach motel if you put a gun to my — | 我可不会住在那幢烂房子里如果你用一把枪指者 — |
[36:39] | hey! | 你干什么! |
[36:42] | I was enjoying that. | 我正在享受呢. |
[36:43] | Not as much as I’m going to enjoy this. | 我比你更享受. |
[36:45] | Teacher: Hey, hey, hey! Hey, hey, hey! | 老师: Hey, hey, hey! Hey, hey, hey! |
[36:47] | Break it up! Come on, guys. | 住手!伙计们. |
[36:50] | School is not the place for this kind of thing. | 学校可不是打架的地方. |
[36:53] | You hear that? School is a place of learning. | 听到没?学校是学习的地方. |
[36:55] | You might want to think about what prison is a place of. | 你也许想知道监狱是什么样子. |
[37:05] | I usually digest a week like this with a little help from Wallace. | 我总是花一个礼拜的时间在Wallace身上却毫无收获. |
[37:09] | I still do, but now the conversation is a bit flat and one-sided. | 我仍然这样,但是现在几乎是我一个人唱独角戏. |
[37:13] | “Dear wallace, me again, with the latest news you’ve been missing. | “亲爱的 wallace,又是我, 告诉你错过的最新消息. |
[37:17] | Keith Mars loses sheriff’s race by a nose. Logan echolls jailed for” — | Keith Mars仅以一个百分点与镇长失之交臂. Logan echolls被关进了监狱” |
[37:30] | Are you Veronica? | 你是Veronica吗? |
[37:31] | Yes. | 是的. |
[37:34] | I saw your post on the Ibiza forum. | 我看到你在伊比沙论坛上的帖子了. |
[37:36] | Is this the girl you’re looking for? | 这是你要找的女孩吗? |
[37:43] | That’s her, but actually, um… she’s been found, but thanks — | 是她不过实际上, 恩… 我们找到她了,但是还是谢谢你 |
[37:47] | tell me she’s not still with her boyfriend. | 告诉我她和男朋友分手了. |
[37:49] | The guy next to her in the picture? | 照片中她旁边的那个人? |
[37:51] | Yeah. | 是的. |
[37:52] | He seems cool, but I’ve never seen a guy lie right into your face and you’d never guess. | 看上去很酷,但是我没见过她右边的男的. |
[38:02] | Palm Tree Lodge. | |
[38:04] | Hi, remember me? | 还记得我吗? |
[38:05] | The blonde? | 那个金发小妞? |
[38:05] | Holy crap. You know the cops have just — | 上帝保佑。那些警察刚刚 — |
[38:07] | I know. I’m guessing you’re on e-mail right now. What’s your address? | 我知道,我猜你在e-mail上,给我你的地址 ? |
[38:10] | Nightman122@aol.Com. | |
[38:17] | The guy in the white buick, the night the redhead was there. | 那个在BUICK里的人, 那晚红头发的人也在. |
[38:20] | Is that him in the picture? | 是图片里那个吗? |
[38:21] | Yeah, that’s him, but he didn’t have that beard thing and his hair was a lot shorter. | 没错就是他,但是他当时没长胡子而且头发也短得多. |
[38:30] | Hi, it’s me again. Amelia’s boyfriend did he have a little beard thing right here? | 又是我. Amelia的男朋友在这个地方有没有长胡子? |
[38:35] | Yeah. | 是的. |
[38:36] | Do you remember his name? | 你还记得他的名字吗? |
[38:40] | Clarence Wiedman. | |
[38:41] | The killer — his name is Carlos Mercado. | 凶手 –他的名字是 Carlos Mercado. |
[38:43] | Good. | 太好了. |
[38:44] | Some of the marked bills showed up at caesars palace. | 有些做过标记的钱在恺撒宫被用过. |
[38:46] | Now we have a name and a place. | 现在我们有名字和地点. |
[38:48] | All you need, but… he’s a diplomat’s son, Clarence. | 你需要,但是… 他是外交官 Clarence的儿子. |
[38:51] | He’ll be extradited to Argentina. | 他会被引渡到阿根廷. |
[38:53] | That depends on what happens at the casino. | 那要看在赌场发生什么了. |
[38:55] | What are you going to do? | 你要干什么? |
[38:56] | You know the drill, Veronica. | 你知道程序的, Veronica. |
[38:58] | What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. | 事情哪里发生,就要在哪里解决. |
[39:03] | So, I did what Abel Koontz asked. | 我完成了Abel Koontz的请求. |
[39:05] | But how do you tell a dying man that the daughter he was looking for is gone, | 但我怎么告诉一个垂死的人,他在找的女儿已经死了呢, |
[39:09] | that the millions he sacrificed his own life to give her only led to her death? | 他为女儿所做的牺牲换来的百万美圆却将她引向死亡, 我又怎么告诉他呢? |
[39:14] | Excuse me, nurse. | 打扰一下,护士. |
[39:16] | Abel Koontz — how’s he doing? | Abel Koontz — 他怎么样? |
[39:20] | A day or two, if he’s lucky. | 够幸运的话,他还能活一到两天. |
[39:26] | Thank you. | 谢谢你. |
[39:28] | Answer — you don’t. | 回答 –你不需要 . |
[39:32] | She’s trying to make it. | 她在尽力. |
[39:34] | They just had an early snow this year, so… | 今年的雪下得有点早,所以… |
[39:38] | she’s just waiting for a helicopter. | 她正在等直升机. |
[39:41] | But she’s happy? | 她很开心? |
[39:46] | Yeah. | 是的. |
[39:47] | Hoofing the Himalayas isn’t exactly my idea of a good time, but… | 爬雪山 不是我最好的注意 只是… |
[39:52] | she seemed to love it. | 她看上去很喜欢. |
[39:57] | In a family full of well-intentioned lies, one more won’t hurt. | 在一个充满善意谎言的家庭 再多一个也无所谓 |
[40:07] | At least at the end of the day, I get to curl up with my adorable, honest boyfriend. | 最后,我去找了我可爱的,诚实的男友. |
[40:19] | It’s the sweater, isn’t it? Chicks can’t resist argyle. | 这是件毛衣,对不? 女生就是喜欢菱形图案的 . |
[40:22] | Please let go of me. | 放开我. |
[40:24] | Ever the tease. | 开个玩笑. |
[40:28] | What is he doing here? | 他在这干嘛? |
[40:30] | Oh, didn’t you hear? | 你没听说吗? |
[40:31] | I’m out a house. I live here now. | 我无家可归了,我住这儿. |
[40:35] | Sorry I didn’t tell you. | 很抱歉没告诉你. |
[41:47] | Anyone in there? | 有人在吗? |
[42:06] | Transcript: Raceman Synchro: BLueBeRRy et BrouHounF www.forom.com |