时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Previously on “Veronica Mars”… | 上集回顾… |
[00:04] | Dad, it’s Aaron Echolls. He did it. | 爸,是Aaron Echolls,是他干的 |
[00:06] | I have a video of Lilly in his bed on the day she died. | 我手上有Lilly死的那天跟他上床的录象带 |
[00:08] | I hear you’re back on the cheerleading squad. | 我从拉拉队那听说你回来了 |
[00:10] | I’m supposed to pay you or something, right? | 那我是不是应该付你钱还是什么的,对不对? |
[00:13] | Never mind. | 算了 |
[00:15] | Why is Meg e-mailing someone at child-protection services? | Meg为什么发e-mail给儿童保护机构的人? |
[00:19] | She’s been trying to help the kid, but she doesn’t have proof. | 她一直在努力帮那个孩子,但是没有证据 |
[00:22] | We were trying to help grace. | 我们一直想帮助Grace |
[00:23] | They had been abusing her. They had her locked in the closet. | 他们骂她,还把她锁在柜子里 |
[00:25] | Get on the floor! | 别动 |
[00:27] | I found them in my daughter’s room, rifling through her things. | 我发现他们在我女儿的房间里 翻箱倒柜 |
[00:36] | It’s three hours until the start of Christmas break, | 再过叁个小时就是圣诞假期了 |
[00:38] | and despite what I’m sure are the sincere efforts of the school’s pastry chef, | 尽管我非常肯定学校糕饼师的热诚 |
[00:43] | my holiday spirit has yet to kindle. | 但我的节日情绪始终提不起来 |
[00:45] | There you are. | 你在这儿 |
[00:47] | Here I am. | 我在这儿 |
[00:50] | I didn’t even see you this morning, and I kind of hoped I could carry your books to class. | 我一早上都没看见你,我还以为可以带你的书去上课呢 |
[00:55] | You okay? | 你没事吧? |
[00:57] | I saw Meg. | 我见过Meg |
[01:00] | What do you mean you… | 你的意思是… |
[01:01] | Meg’s pregnant. | Meg怀孕了 |
[01:06] | I know. | 我知道 |
[01:09] | You know? | 你知道? |
[01:11] | There was a letter from her aunt. | 有一封她阿姨寄来的信 |
[01:13] | I guess Meg had asked to live up there and raise the baby. | 我猜Meg想过去她那住,抚养孩子长大 |
[01:17] | Oh, my god. Duncan, how could you… | 哦,我的天 Duncan, 你怎么能… |
[01:19] | Last spring, before we broke up. | 是去年春天,我们分手之前 |
[01:22] | Okay, stop. I was shown a diagram once. I know how it works. | 好了,打住,我知道事情的经过 |
[01:27] | But you knew, and you didn’t tell me? | 但是你知道却不告诉我? |
[01:28] | This has nothing to do with us. | 这与我们的关系无关 |
[01:30] | Oh, no. Nothing. | 哦,无关 |
[01:33] | Your secret illegitimate child gestating in the womb of your comatose ex-girlfriend affects neither you nor me. | 你秘密的私生子正在你昏迷前女友的子宫里慢慢长大 这对我或你都没有任何影响 |
[01:41] | I’m fine with it. | 我可以接受 |
[01:43] | Hola, boyos. | 嗨,伙计们 |
[01:45] | Hope I’m not spoiling a tender moment here, | 希望我没给你们制造紧张气氛 |
[01:48] | but I just wanted to make sure you got your vaccinations | 但是我只是想打听一下你们的假期安排 |
[01:50] | because the new year’s bash of the century is just a scant week away. | 因为不到一个星期就是世纪新年狂欢节了 |
[01:54] | Of the century? | 世纪新年? |
[01:56] | Does Truman Capote know? | Truman Capote知道吗? |
[01:57] | Of the millennium. | 是千禧年 |
[01:59] | And Truman who? | Truman哪位? |
[02:00] | I can’t. I’ve got holidays in Sun Valley with the parents. | 我去不了,我要和父母去Sun Valley渡假 |
[02:03] | Dude, seriously… snow, pine trees, family… that’s not holidays. | 拜托,说实话…雪,松树,家庭…那根本就不是节日 |
[02:07] | Party boat, crazy chinese pyro guy… I’m feeling that. | 聚会船,疯狂的中国烟火超人… 我现在都能感受到 |
[02:11] | Think about it. | 好好想想吧 |
[02:13] | Oh, and, Duncan, | 哦,还有,Duncan |
[02:14] | if you’re not coming ’cause of… tension here, | 如果你不来是'因为…这里的紧张气氛' |
[02:18] | there’s a chance an old flame might be there. | 也许那儿可能有一点过去的热情吧 |
[02:20] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思? |
[02:21] | Didn’t you hear? Meg… she woke up. | 你没听说吗? Meg… 她醒了 |
[02:24] | Probably gonna be partying in no time. So… I’m just saying. | 可能很快就可以参加聚会了 所以… 我说说而已 |
[02:33] | I should go see her. | 我应该去看看她 |
[02:35] | Got it covered. | 我有办法 |
[02:36] | My visitor’s pass from when I picked up Abel Koontz’s stuff. | 我有拜访通行证 是上次去接Abel Koontz的人时拿到的 |
[02:40] | All I need is a color copier and a laminator, and we’re in business. | 我们只需要一台彩色复钱机和冷裱机, 一切都搞定 |
[02:45] | Don’t worry. I do this for all my boyfriends. | 别担心,我会为我所有的男朋友做这件事 |
[02:49] | Veronica… | |
[02:50] | I know. | 我知道 |
[02:51] | I’m amazing. | 我很不一般 |
[02:53] | I appreciate you getting down here so fast, Keith. | Keith,谢谢你这么快赶过来 |
[02:55] | Sorry about that voice mail. I’m sure I sounded crazed. | 很抱歉发给你那个语音邮件 我想我听起来象疯子 |
[02:58] | I did detect a certain urgency. | 我能察觉出有紧急情况 |
[03:00] | Keith, I got a call from sheriff Lamb right before lunch. | Keith, 午餐前我接到Lamb郡长的电话 |
[03:04] | The Aaron Echolls/Lilly Kane sex tapes have been stolen from the evidence room. | Aaron Echolls和Lilly Kane的性爱录相带从证物室里被偷了 |
[03:08] | All of them? Originals and copies? | 所有的? 原件和副件? |
[03:11] | From separate safes, no less. | 从不同的保险箱,差不多 |
[03:13] | Was there a sign of break-in? | 有没有破门而入的迹象? |
[03:15] | No, this pretty much has to be an inside deal. | 没有,看起来很有可能是内部人干的 |
[03:17] | Only an employee would have that kind of access. | 只有内部员工能进入 |
[03:21] | This is gonna put a huge dent in the prosecution’s case. | 这会给起诉案带来很大的反作用 |
[03:24] | It’s not the kind of thing that’s gonna stay secret long. | 这种事情没法保密很久 |
[03:26] | No, it isn’T. | 是啊 |
[03:28] | And when it does come out, | 一旦泄露出去 |
[03:30] | Neptune is officially bozoville, a national laughingstock. | Neptune就正式完蛋,成为国家笑柄 |
[03:34] | I need you to get those tapes back. | 你一定得帮我把那些带子找回来 |
[03:36] | Woody, I’m just a P.I. I don’t have a staff or access. | Woody, 我只是个私人侦探 我手下没有人也没有其他途径 |
[03:39] | I’m not talking about a private investigation, Keith. | 我不是在说私人侦探的事,Keith |
[03:42] | I’m talking about an official independent inquest on behalf of the city. | 我是以本市的名义跟你谈一个官方独立请求 |
[03:45] | I’m flattered, but am I really the guy you want, given my history with the department? | 我觉得很荣幸,但我确实是你要找的人 想到我和局里的关系? |
[03:49] | You’re the right guy precisely because of your history with the department. | 正是因为你和局里的关系,你才是最合适的人选 |
[03:55] | Please, Keith. | 求你了, Keith |
[03:56] | What do you say? | 你怎么想? |
[03:59] | I say it sounds awkward and uncomfortable. But we need those tapes. How can I say no? | 我觉得听起来很尴尬也很不舒服 但是我们需要那些带子,我又怎么能说不呢? |
[04:04] | Thank you, pal. | 谢谢,老伙计 |
[04:26] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[04:33] | Surprise. | 惊喜 |
[04:37] | Meg… | |
[04:39] | what are we gonna do? | 我们该怎么做? |
[04:42] | Duncan, I don’t know. | Duncan, 我不知道 |
[04:47] | Mom and dad want me to put the baby up for adoption. | 妈妈和爸爸想让我把孩子交给别人收养 |
[04:50] | Have you ever heard of the Levi Stinson sanctuary house? | 你听说过Levi Stinson收养之家吗? |
[04:54] | No. | 没有 |
[04:55] | It’s horrible. | 那是个可怕的地方 |
[04:56] | Their adoption contracts are all about religious indoctrination and tough-love discipline. | 他们的收养合同都是关于宗教教义和'严爱'规则 |
[05:03] | It’s almost a license for abuse. | 那差不多就是份虐待许可证 |
[05:07] | When I think of my child brought up like that… | 每当想起我的孩子要在这种环境下长大… |
[05:09] | don’t i have any say? | 我没有发言权吗? |
[05:10] | The sinner who knocked up their daughter? | 让他们女儿怀孕的罪人? |
[05:13] | They don’t want you involved. They want you gone. | 他们根本不想你卷进来 他们只想你走得远远的 |
[05:17] | Their lawyers are digging up all this stuff on your medical history… | 他们请的律师正挖空心思的把你的病史… |
[05:20] | your blackouts and violent outbursts. | 被管制和暴力行为史重新翻出来 |
[05:24] | All I want is to have my baby and move in with my aunt Chris in seattle. | 我只想带着自己的孩子搬到我西雅图的阿姨那去 |
[05:29] | I don’t know how you got in here, but you need to leave. | 我不知道你们怎么跑进来的,但现在必须离开 |
[05:32] | Val, it’s… it’s okay. | Val, 没…没事的 |
[05:33] | We should go. | 我们该走了 |
[05:37] | You should rest. | 你需要休息 |
[05:44] | Veronica… | |
[05:46] | can you stay a second? | 你能留一会儿吗? |
[05:56] | Veronica, I just hope you can forgive me for being such a… | Veronica, 我只是希望你能原谅我所做的… |
[05:58] | Meg, you don’t have to… | Meg, 你不必… |
[05:59] | it’s just that I knew that I was pregnant, and seeing you with duncan… | 只是我知道自己怀孕,看着你和Duncan在一起… |
[06:02] | you don’t have to say anything. | 你什么都不用说 |
[06:06] | Is it too much to ask for just one small favor? | 我能不能要求你帮我一个小小的忙? |
[06:09] | No. | 当然 |
[06:11] | If anything happens to me… | 如果我发生了什么事情… |
[06:14] | don’t let them do it. | 别让他们那样做 |
[06:17] | Don’t let them send the baby away. | 别让他们把孩子送走 |
[06:19] | And no matter what, don’t let them keep it. | 而且不管怎样,也别让他们抚养孩子 |
[06:25] | You’re late. | 你迟到了 |
[06:27] | That’s the idea. | 我是故意的 |
[06:28] | Figured if I snuck in close to the end of the day, | 我想如果我偷偷的接近今天的最后几个小时 |
[06:31] | the chances of it getting even worse are slim. | 这一天变得更糟的可能性会不会更小一点 |
[06:34] | So, you would not characterize your day as good? | 所以,今天你肯定过得不好吧? |
[06:37] | More along the lines of… bad. | 更接近于…坏 |
[06:41] | How much would it help if I microwaved you some 2-day-old lasagna? | 如果我帮你热上一碗2天前的烤宽面条,会不会好一些呢? |
[06:46] | A… medium amount. | 一…点点 |
[06:49] | And how much would it help if I went out and got some ice cream, too? | 如果我出去帮你买点冰淇淋,那会好多少? |
[06:54] | A… lot? | 很…多? |
[06:56] | Why would I need that much help? | 为什么我会需要这么多好处? |
[06:59] | With my sincere regrets. | 我真的抱歉 |
[07:04] | Chocolate-chip mint or butter pecan? | 巧克力碎薄荷味还是黄油山核桃味? |
[07:06] | Oh, crap. | 哦 |
[07:09] | Jury duty? | 陪审团? |
[07:10] | I’ll get both. | 我两种都买 |
[07:16] | A long time ago, | |
[07:18] | We used to be friends, but I | |
[07:21] | Haven’t thought of you lately at all. | |
[07:26] | Come on, now, sugar! | |
[07:28] | Bring it on, bring it on, yeah! | |
[07:30] | Just remember me when | |
[07:34] | We used to be friends | |
[07:36] | A long time ago | |
[07:38] | We used to be friends | |
[07:42] | Transcript: Raceman Synchro: BLueBeRRy www.forom.com | |
[07:49] | Jury duty on Christmas break. | 圣诞假期来当陪审团 |
[07:51] | No sing-alongs, no poignant messages of universal love and hope… | 没有合唱团,没有关于世界博爱和希望的辛辣信息… |
[07:55] | just cellphones out, watches eyeballed, jackets left on, | 只是开着手机,眼睛盯着手表,外套也不脱掉 |
[07:59] | and a commitment to the sacred ideal of drive-through express justice. | 和对“得来速” (免下车点餐专用通道)急速公正神圣想法的承诺 |
[08:10] | All right, ladies and gentlemen. | 好的,女士们先生们 |
[08:12] | The sooner we get this over with, the sooner we get back to our real lives. | 我们早一点把这件事情搞定 就能早一点回到真实的生活中去 |
[08:15] | First order of business, I believe, is to elect a jury foreman. | 首先,我想,应该选一个陪审团主席 |
[08:18] | Do I hear any nominations or volunteers? | 有没有提名或者自愿者? |
[08:24] | All right, hearing no nominations, I have a proposal. | 好的,没人提名,我有个建议 |
[08:29] | This strikes me as a fairly open-and-shut case, | 这个案子一目了然 |
[08:32] | so, would anyone object to letting the young lady serve as our foreman? | 那么,有没有人反对让这位年轻的女士做我们的主席 |
[08:37] | Be a nice chance for her to learn about civic responsibility and the justice system. | 给她一个机会好好学习公民责任和司法制度 |
[08:43] | Great! | 太好了! |
[08:44] | All in favor of miss Mars as foreman, raise your hands. | 同意Mars小姐当陪审团主席的,请举手 |
[08:48] | Absolutely. | 完全同意 |
[08:55] | Yeah, we’ve done a ton of upgrading on the security front since you were here. | 是呀,你在的时候我们已经做了大量的工作升级安全系统 |
[08:58] | For example, no keys anymore. | 例如,取消钥匙 |
[09:00] | We’re using magnetic cards like you get in hotels. | 我们现在只用磁卡,就象酒店 |
[09:03] | Reprogram them every couple days. No worries about lost or copied keys. | 每过几天重新改编一下程序 不用担心丢失或者被人复制钥匙 |
[09:09] | Say, bud, can you give me a spot? | 伙计,能不能给我一个点? |
[09:12] | A spot? | 一个点? |
[09:13] | Yeah, spot me up here. | 是呀,帮我把它拿上去 |
[09:22] | Ahh, endorphin rush, man. | 啊,恩多芬冲击(一种由中枢神经施放出 的能起镇静作用的化学成分) |
[09:28] | You know, Keith, you really should have done more to push fitness when you were here. | 你知道吗,Keith, 你原来在这儿的时候 真的应该多做点健身运动 |
[09:33] | Yeah, I was gonna get to that, but crime-fighting kept getting in the way. | 是呀,我也这么想 但却一直忙着与犯罪分子作斗争 |
[09:39] | Anyway, you were saying? | 呃,你刚刚说? |
[09:41] | Magnetic cards… right. | 磁卡… 对 |
[09:45] | And level-one clearance for senior staff only. | 一级清白,高级员工专用 |
[09:51] | There’s no nighttime access without written permission… from me. | 没有我的…书面允许晚上不能进入 |
[09:54] | So, to paraphrase, you’re telling me… | 所以,说清楚些,你是说… |
[09:56] | the Neptune sheriff’s department is a locked-down, squared-away citadel of security? | Neptune郡长办公室是一个向下锁定,绝对全大本营? |
[10:02] | That’s a little flowery. | 那样说有点夸张 |
[10:04] | But you can pretty much catch my drift. | 但是你差不多明白我的意思了 |
[10:07] | I run a tight ship, Keith. | Keith,我可是身负重任呀 |
[10:09] | And you look good doing it. | 你看起来做得很不错 |
[10:11] | That’s why they elected me, Keith. | 这就是他们选我的原因, Keith |
[10:15] | I’m gonna need unrestricted access to your staff at all times. | 我需要你们员工任何时间的无限制出入记录 |
[10:18] | Absolutely. We’re here to please. | 当时,随时听侯你的吩咐 |
[10:21] | Well, in that case, I’ll need personal info for everyone who works here… | 呃,这样的话,我还需要在这工作的每个人的个人资料… |
[10:24] | personnel files, tax returns, security access levels, | 个人档案,捐税收入,安全出入级别 |
[10:28] | e-mail addresses, browser histories… all that. | e-mail地址,浏览历史…等等 |
[10:30] | No problem, buddy. Just say how high. | 没问题,伙计 有需要就说话 |
[10:33] | Oh, I will. | 哦,我会的 |
[10:34] | So the question is whether there’s any need to deliberate at all. | 所以问题就在于我们是否有需要再讨论下去 |
[10:38] | Um, as Foreman, I don’t see how a quick review of the facts could hurt. | 恩,作为主席,我觉得回顾一下案件的经过还是有必要的 |
[10:47] | Briefly. All right. | 简要的 好的 |
[10:50] | Our defendants are Robby McKinnon and Hunter Hayes… | 被告是Robby McKinnon和Hunter Hayes… |
[10:52] | both 21 years of age, both from well-known Neptune families. | 两个都是21岁,都来自Neptune有名望的家族 |
[10:56] | They are charged with aggravated assault in a november 5th beating of Anissa Vilapando, age 25. | 他们被指控在第五大道暴力袭击25岁的Anissa Vilapando |
[11:02] | As the prosecution tells it, | 起拆书上说 |
[11:04] | Anissa missed her bus after getting off work at the Elite Touch car wash in downtown Neptune | Anissa在Neptune中心区Elite Touch洗车处下班后 错过了回家的公共汽车 |
[11:08] | and decided to hitchhike. | 她决定搭便车 |
[11:11] | She was picked up by McKinnon and Hayes. | McKinnon 和 Hayes让她上了车 |
[11:14] | On the way, Anissa and the boys smoked some marijuana. | 回家的路上,男孩们和Anissa抽了一点大麻 |
[11:17] | Their weed? | 他们吸毒了? |
[11:19] | Yes. | 是的 |
[11:20] | Then she says they asked her to join them in a motel room so they could “party some more”. | 然后她说他们叫她一块去汽车旅馆开房'大家爽一下' |
[11:25] | With ecstasy… also theirs. | 还有摇头丸…当然也是他们的 |
[11:28] | They struck her as harmless, so she accepted. | 他们答应不会伤害她,所以她就同意了 |
[11:32] | Once inside the room, they allegedly asked her for sex. | 一进到房间,他们就要求发生性关系 |
[11:35] | Her statement says they got so aggressive, she became frightened and tried to leave. | 她说他们越来越暴力,所以觉得害怕,想要离开 |
[11:40] | Hayes then supposedly pulled out a gun and forced her back inside, | 然后据说Hayes掏出一把枪,强迫她又进了房间 |
[11:43] | where McKinnon punched and kicked her. | 在里面McKinnon对她拳打脚踢 |
[11:46] | Hayes put the gun on the bedside table, | Hayes把他放在床头柜上 |
[11:49] | climbed on top of her. | 爬上她的身体 |
[11:51] | Ms. Vilapando says she fought back, | Vilapando小姐说她反抗了 |
[11:53] | managed to grab Hayes’ gun, and fired twice into the ceiling. | 试着抢Hayes的枪,往天花板上开了两枪 |
[11:57] | The boys ran off, and the police picked them up the next day based on her descriptions | 然后男孩们就跑了 第二天警察在她的描述之下 |
[12:01] | and the video from the motel security camera. | 并查看汽车旅馆的安全录像,抓到了他们 |
[12:04] | Ms. Vilapando also says, after the beating, she staggered out to the second-floor balcony | Vilapando小姐还说,她被打了之后 她摇摇晃晃得走到第二层的阳台 |
[12:08] | and threw the gun over the railing. | 把枪从栏杆扔了出去 |
[12:10] | This… gun was never found. | 这只…枪就再也没找着了 |
[12:14] | Noted. | 知道了 |
[12:16] | So, the defense case… | 所以,辨方的说法… |
[12:17] | The defendants both claim she is no victim but rather a hooker who offered them a 3-way for 80 bucks. | 两个被告都声称她不是受害人 而是80块提供叁种服务方式的妓女 |
[12:24] | But before they could get down to business, a young african-american man | 但是他们干正事之前,一个年轻的非裔美国人 |
[12:27] | – apparently her pimp – | 很明显是她的皮条客 |
[12:29] | kicked the door in, fired two shots into the ceiling, and ordered them out. | 一脚把门踢开,朝天花板开了两枪 然后让他们滚出去 |
[12:33] | The boys told police the pimp seemed to feel Anissa owed him money. | 男孩们告诉警察Anissa看起来好象欠那个皮条客钱 |
[12:36] | They left the motel but assume he was the one who beat her. | 他们离开了汽车旅馆,但猜想是那个皮条客打了她 |
[12:39] | I’d like to remind everyone that this girl is a known criminal. | 我想提醒一下大伙,这个女孩是一个众所周知的罪犯 |
[12:42] | She was convicted of forgery at age 15, | 15岁的时候犯下伪造罪 |
[12:45] | and she’s still on parole for being an armed lookout during a liquor-store robbery. | 而且她现在因为替一起小酒店抢劫案 持枪望风处于假释期 |
[12:49] | Noted. | 知道了 |
[12:50] | So, final facts… | 所以,最后的事实是… |
[12:52] | After the attack, Anissa called an ex-boyfriend | 遭到袭击后,Anissa打电话给她的前男友 |
[12:55] | named Ankwan Simmons. | 他的名叫Ankwan Simmons |
[12:57] | He says she asked for his help, but when the cops arrived, he was still on the line. | 他说她打电话叫他来帮忙,但当警察赶到的时候 他还在和她讲电话 |
[13:01] | Neither of the defendants had a criminal record. | 两个被告都没有犯罪记录 |
[13:04] | Nor any guns registered to their names. | 他们的名下也没有登记任何手枪 |
[13:07] | After the shots, the motel manager waited a few minutes and then walked toward the room. | 听到枪响后,汽车旅馆的经理等了几分种 然后走向那个房间 |
[13:11] | He testifies that he saw a young black man with a gun run across a parking lot | 他证实看见一个年轻的黑人男子拿着枪绕过停车场 |
[13:16] | and leap over the 6-foot fence surrounding the motel. | 然后翻过旅馆外面6尺高的栅栏 |
[13:19] | Boys got some serious ups, yo. | 男孩们有很不错的证人,唷 |
[13:25] | Now we get to the defense’s ace in the hole. | 现在我们来看看被告的王牌 |
[13:27] | Young masters McKinnon and Hayes have a very credible witness on their side… | 年轻人McKinnon 和 Hayes这边有一个非常可靠的证人… |
[13:31] | a mr. Carnell Myles, | 恩,Carnell Myles先生 |
[13:34] | who identifies himself as Anissa’s pimp. | 他证实自己就是Anissa的皮条客 |
[13:36] | Mr. Myles turned himself in to police after hearing that a man | Myles先生听说有人看到一个跟他身形很象的男子 |
[13:40] | fitting his description was spotted fleeing the crime scene. | 逃离犯罪现场后,向警察局投案自首 |
[13:43] | His story matches the boys’ version to a “T.” | 他的故事和男孩的版本相差无几 |
[13:47] | How’d I do? | 我做得怎么样? |
[13:51] | So, are we ready for a vote? | 那么,大家准备好投票了吗? |
[13:55] | I say we make this simple. | 简单点 |
[13:58] | Jot down your vote on a piece of paper, fold it up, | 在纸上写下你的答案,折好 |
[14:01] | and stick it in the hat. | 放进这个帽子里 |
[14:02] | And there it is… | 就这样… |
[14:03] | one quick lesson in civic responsibility for me | 我上了一堂快速的公民责任课 |
[14:06] | and an only slightly shortened holiday for everyone. | 占用了大家一点点放假的时间 |
[14:09] | Our resident alpha male was right about one thing… | 我们的常住男性公民对一件事情的感觉没错… |
[14:12] | the case does feel, thankfully, pretty open-and-shut. | 这个案子,感谢上帝,确实是一目了然 |
[14:26] | Our vote is 11 innocent, 1 guilty. | 投票结果是11票无罪,1票有罪 |
[14:32] | I guess we’ll all see each other first thing in the morning. | 我想明天早上我们会再次见面 |
[14:36] | Well, it’s like I said. | 呃,正如我所说的 |
[14:37] | These rooms are monitored closely in compliance with new security upgrades, | 这些房间都安装了新的安全升级监控系统 |
[14:41] | such as magnetic keys. | 比如说磁卡钥匙 |
[14:43] | Magnetic keys, | 磁卡钥匙 |
[14:45] | senior staff only… right. | 高级员工专用…对 |
[14:47] | You ever lose a card? | 你曾经丢过钥匙吗? |
[14:49] | So? If somebody found it, it’s no good. | 怎么?如果有人捡到的话,会很糟糕吗? |
[14:52] | We change the codes. | 我们可以改密码 |
[14:54] | But you still need a card, right? | 但你还得用卡,对不对? |
[14:56] | Inga has the codes in her drawer. She can just make a new card right there. | Inga的抽屉里有密码 她可以马上做出一张新卡 |
[15:00] | But only if you have, uh… level-one… | 但是除非你有,呃…一级… |
[15:04] | level-one clearance… senior staff only. | 一级清白…高级员工专用 |
[15:07] | Got to hand it to you, Sacks. | 应该交给你的, Sacks. |
[15:09] | You stay on message like nobody’s business. | 你真是事不关已,高高挂起 |
[15:11] | If not for the little perspiration problem, you’d make a great white house press secretary. | 如果不是因为出汗太多 你肯定能成为一个伟大的白宫发言人 |
[15:16] | Yeah. | 是呀 |
[15:18] | So, security’s wonderfully tight, | 那么,安全系统很严密 |
[15:20] | and none of the senior staff took the tapes themselves. | 任何一个高级员工都没有动过录象带 |
[15:24] | I know we all have better things to do than pull jury duty over the holidays, and I feel your pain. | 我知道大家除了节假日来当陪审员还有更多重要的事情要做 我感同身受 |
[15:31] | Does your pain affect 200,000 stockholders? | 你的痛苦会影响200,000个股东吗? |
[15:34] | I’m supposed to meet outsourcing contractors in Bangalore. | 我本应该在班加罗尔与外购承包人会面的 |
[15:37] | Care to tell them why their C.E.O. Couldn’t show? | 你能告诉他们为什么他们的C.E.O.不能出现吗? |
[15:39] | And while you’re at it, | 你去的时候 |
[15:40] | tell the sports fans of Neptune why the mind of Madison Harwell is missing from the airwaves. | 顺便告诉一下Neptune的运动迷们为什么Madison Harwell的 聪明脑袋从电波中消失了 |
[15:44] | As a divorced mother of two taking unpaid leave from her crap waitress job, | 作为两个孩子的离婚母亲,餐厅服务员,请事假来做陪审员 |
[15:49] | could I please suggest we get on with it? | 我能不能请你们谈正事? |
[15:51] | Right. We were… | 好的,我们正… |
[15:53] | I was just wondering if our holdout voter would identify him or herself | 我只是想知道投无罪那票的人能否站出来说话 |
[16:00] | as a courtesy to those whose lives you’ve put on hold. | 作为对那些因你的坚持而活着的人的礼貌 |
[16:06] | No problem, big shot. I’m the one trashing your quarterly earnings. | 没问题,我就是那个浪费你一季度收入的人 |
[16:12] | I respect your honesty, so I’ll be straight with you, too. | 我很敬重您的诚实,所以我也会直来直往 |
[16:16] | Is the racial stuff affecting your vote? | 是因为种族的原因影响你的投票吗? |
[16:19] | Is it affecting yours? | 你受到影响吗? |
[16:22] | Fine. | 好 |
[16:23] | But can you give us one solid reason we should see this girl’s story as even remotely credible? | 但你能不能给我们一个可靠的原因 让我们相信这个女孩编的故事 |
[16:29] | Okay, here’s one. | 可以,有一个 |
[16:31] | A ho that works her ass off all day at a car wash before hitting the streets… | 一个妓女晚上上街拉客前 还要在洗车处干一整天的活… |
[16:37] | that’s just something I never heard of. | 我从来没听过这种事情 |
[16:45] | Okay, let’s discuss. | 好的,我们讨论一下 |
[16:47] | I’m not gonna insult your intelligence, Keith. | 我不是要侮辱你的智慧,Keith |
[16:51] | Don is a fine politician, but as a lawman and administrator… | Don是一个很棒的政治家,但作为警察和管理员… |
[16:55] | security around here is a joke. | 这周围的保安只是个笑话 |
[16:58] | That’s odd. He told me security here was quite impressive. | 很奇怪,他告诉我这里的保安非常可靠 |
[17:01] | He thinks so. | 只有他这么想 |
[17:02] | He locks himself out pretty often. | 他经常把自己锁在外面 |
[17:06] | Listen, someone must have figured what those tapes would be worth on the open market and… | 听着,一定是有人想到那些录相带 在市场上可以买个好价钱… |
[17:14] | What? | 什么? 不,没什么 我是个白痴 |
[17:14] | No, it’s nothing. I’m an idiot. | 什么? 不,没什么 我是个白痴 |
[17:17] | I’ve been so hung up on Aaron Echolls and all this evidence tampering, | 我一直都纠缠于Aaron Echolls,被这些证据干扰 |
[17:20] | I never stopped to think what those tapes are worth. | 我从来没停下来想想这些录象带值多少钱 |
[17:23] | Good celebrity porn is scarce these days. | 这些年来,精彩的名人色情录象带非常稀少 |
[17:30] | Keith… | |
[17:34] | you mind giving my best to your daughter? | 你会介意替我向你女儿问好吗? |
[17:38] | A little. | 有一点 |
[17:40] | But I’ll do it. | 但是我会带到的 |
[17:45] | Dispatch. Blankenship speaking. | 这里是Blankenship |
[17:47] | Lloyd, Keith Mars here. | Lloyd, 我是Keith Mars |
[17:49] | Got any more true-crime semi-bestsellers for me? | 有没有帮我找到更多真实犯罪最佳销售? |
[17:51] | Fortunately, no. | 很幸运地,没有 |
[17:53] | But what I do have needs to stay on background. | 但我所做的只能暗箱操作 |
[17:55] | No problem, man. What’s up? | 没问题,伙计 最近怎么样? |
[17:56] | The sex tapes of Echolls and Lilly kane have been stolen from the balboa county sheriff’s department. | Echolls 和 Lilly kane的性爱录像带 被人从巴尔波亚郡郡长办公室里偷走了 |
[18:01] | Heard any buzz on that? | 有没有听到什么消息? |
[18:02] | No. But we’re not the target market. | 没有,但我们不是他们的目标市场 |
[18:06] | Whoever’s got them is going straight to the tabs. | 无论谁得到录相带都不会藏在家里 |
[18:08] | With whom you legitimate newsmen have no ties whatsoever? | 你这么神通广大,还有你不认识的人吗? |
[18:11] | Well, I do have a casual acquaintance at the instigator. | 呃,我确实有个熟人 |
[18:16] | You mind letting me know if he knows anything? | 如果他知道什么的话,能不能告诉我? |
[18:18] | It’s a she. | 它是个女人 |
[18:19] | And I’m happy to do it. | 而且我很乐意帮忙 |
[18:21] | Well, thanks, Lloyd. | 呃,多谢, Lloyd |
[18:24] | Oh. Hello. | 哦,嗨 |
[18:26] | Which one are you… Blinky, Humpty, Zorro? | 你是…Blinky, Humpty, 还是Zorro? |
[18:29] | My name is Thumper, not that you really care. | 我叫Thumper,不是你关心的那个人 |
[18:32] | Oh, I care… deeply. | 哦,我关心…深切的关心 |
[18:36] | I guess you heard about our new cranberry-walnut crumb cake. | 我想你应该听说了我们新出的 小红莓胡桃面包屑蛋糕 |
[18:39] | It’s true, it’s crantastic. | 是真的,真的莓味无比 |
[18:43] | I just dropped by ’cause me and some of the guys were curious about something. | 我过来是因为我和我的朋友对一些事情有点好奇 |
[18:46] | And that would be? | 什么事? |
[18:50] | We was just wondering, now that you’re all up in there with the 09ers again… | 我们在想,现在你又要开始跟我们作对了… |
[18:55] | you gonna be letting those two little frat boys walk for beating down a poor mexican chick from our hood? | 那两个白人小孩把一个可怜的墨西哥女孩打得遍体麟伤 你是不是打算让他们大摇大摆的一走了之? |
[18:59] | Can’t talk about this while the trial’s still on. | 审判还在进行中,我不能谈这个案子 |
[19:03] | Yeah, of course not. | 是呀,当然不能 |
[19:04] | Wouldn’t want to prejudice you or nothing. | 我可不想让你有偏见 |
[19:08] | You take care, Veronica. | 你小心点, Veronica |
[19:15] | These are from the motel’s parking-lot security cam. | 这是停车场摄象机拍下的录象 |
[19:23] | It does support the motel manager’s story of a black guy fleeing with a gun. | 跟汽车旅馆经理说的一样,一个黑人拿着枪逃走了 |
[19:26] | Then speaking of the motel, here’s something I didn’t hear nobody talk about. | 说到汽车旅馆,有一件事情我没听到任何人说起 |
[19:30] | This motel manager says 12 minutes passed, | 这个旅馆经理说他听到枪响过了12分钟 |
[19:34] | from when he heard shots to when he stuck his head out and saw that pimp running off. | 他才把脑袋伸出来,看到那个皮条客逃走 |
[19:38] | Why would a man who just beat some poor gal and shot off a gun | 为什么一个人打了两个家伙,还放了两枪 |
[19:42] | stick around so long before getting away? | 还要在房间里待这么久才走呢? |
[19:52] | I adore what your designer’s done with the men’s room. | 我很喜欢你的设计师设计的男人房间 |
[19:56] | That hefty bag over the busted urinal adds a delicious wabi-sabi feel. | 那个重磅的袋子越过小便池增加了一点 绝美的日式唯美主义感觉 |
[20:01] | That’s don’s thing. We went more mid-century modern back in my day. | 那是Don的东西,我们路过了更多中世纪 现代化回到我现在的生活 |
[20:06] | Anyway, thanks for coming by. | 不管怎样,谢谢你能过来 |
[20:09] | I’m guessing by your blithe spirits that you have no idea what’s up. | 看你快乐的表情,我想你肯定不知道出了什么事 |
[20:13] | No. | 不 |
[20:15] | But they request my presence here weekly, so… | 但是他们要求我每个星期都必须来,所以… |
[20:17] | Logan the tapes of your dad and Lilly have been stolen from the evidence room. | Logan,你父亲和Lilly上床的录像带 被人从证物室里偷走了 |
[20:21] | I’m here to investigate how it happened and try to get them back. | 我来这调查这件事情的始末,想办法找回录像带 |
[20:23] | What?! | 什么?! |
[20:24] | Obviously, I need to know what, if anything, | 显然,我也想知道,如果你知道的话 |
[20:26] | your father might have said lately about the case or the evidence. | 你父亲最近可能说到过这件案子或者证据 |
[20:30] | Wait. | 等会 |
[20:32] | Wait. Now I’m totally confused. | 等会,我的脑子一团糟 |
[20:34] | That sounded a lot like a question you would ask a suspect… | 这个问题听起来象是在问一个疑犯… |
[20:37] | an accomplice, say. | 或者帮凶 |
[20:38] | You did spend time with Aaron before the tapes were stolen. | 录像带被偷之前你和Aaron在一起的时间确实不少 |
[20:42] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[20:44] | Excuse me, Keith. | 对不起, Keith |
[20:45] | Lloyd Blankenship of the dispatch is on the phone. | Dispatch的Lloyd Blankenship电话找你 |
[20:47] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[20:49] | Be right back. Excuse me. | 一会儿回来 失陪一下 |
[20:51] | I just talked to that casual acquaintance at the instigator. | 我刚刚跟那个熟人谈过 |
[20:54] | They’ve been contacted about the Aaron Echolls sex tapes. | 他们已经跟Aaron Echolls联系过性爱录像带的事 |
[20:58] | You know who else they approached? | 你知道他们还联系谁了? |
[20:59] | Didn’t know, but the bids are coming in fast. | 不知道,但是出价上涨的非常快 |
[21:02] | Dare I ask? | 我可以问问吗? |
[21:03] | Current high ? Half a million. | 目前最高 ? 50万 |
[21:07] | Thanks, lloyd. Keep me posted? | 谢谢, lloyd 有消息再通知我? |
[21:32] | Sorry about the interruption. | 对不起刚刚打断了 |
[21:35] | Now, I asked you whether you heard anything unusual from your father. | 现在,我想知道你是否听到你爸说一些奇怪的事 |
[21:40] | Did he ever mention the tapes when you were locked up with him? | 你和他锁在一起的时候,他有没有提过录像带? |
[21:42] | Can you seriously imagine me conspiring to save daddy dearest, Lilly’s killer? | 你觉得是我跟别人和谋去救我最亲爱的老爸 那个杀害Lilly的人? |
[21:47] | I’m just making sure I have every pertinent bit of information. | 我只是不想放过每个相关的信息 |
[21:50] | I’ll tell you what, dude… if I hear anything pertinent, I’ll get back at you. | 我告诉你吧,伙计…如果我听说了任何有关的信息 我会自动送上门来 |
[21:54] | The name’s not “dude. ” It’s “mr. Mars. “ | 我不叫 “伙计 “, 叫我 “Mars先生 “ |
[22:01] | Kids say the darndest things. | 孩子们说得话最让人心酸 |
[22:04] | “Mommy, if you get fired, do I still get free leftover tater tots?” | “妈咪,如果你被炒鱿鱼了,我还能有免费的泰特土豆吃吗?” |
[22:09] | Look, we all hate this, but until we all agree… | 听着,我们都不想这样,但除非我们都同意… |
[22:12] | look, honey, my whole thing from the start has been to take this job seriously, | 亲爱的,从一开始我就把这个工作当成很严肃的一件事 |
[22:17] | and I am satisfied that we have. | 我也很满意我们所做的 |
[22:19] | If we vote again and nobody crosses over to my side, | 如果再投一次票,没人站到我这边的话 |
[22:25] | I’ll change my vote. | 我就不再坚持 |
[22:27] | Fair enough? | 这样公平了吗? |
[22:31] | Hands will do. | 举手表决吧 |
[22:34] | All right, all in favor of continued deliberation? | 好的,同意McKinnon 和 Hayes有罪的人请举手? |
[23:15] | I’m sorry. I was looking for my apartment, | 对不起,我找不着我的公寓了 |
[23:17] | but I seem to have stumbled upon some sort of magical winter wonderland instead. | 但是我好象走进了一个神奇的冬日仙境 |
[23:23] | Why, perhaps this elf can help me. | 怎么回事,也许美丽的精灵可以帮助我 |
[23:26] | I just thought we needed at least an hour of holiday. Grab a seat. | 我想我们至少应该有一个小时的节日,随便坐 |
[23:32] | You know, elf, we might not be the richest family in town, | 你知道吗?精灵,也许我们不是这镇上最富裕的家庭 |
[23:35] | but we can afford normal-size birds once a year or so. | 但是我们至少一年可以享用一次正常大小的鸟 |
[23:39] | Game hens… they were just so cute. | 是小鸡… 它们刚刚还那么可爱 |
[23:42] | Plus, this way, we won’t have to eat leftovers on new year’s. | 而且,这样的话,我们不用在新年的时候吃剩菜剩饭了 |
[23:45] | That’s smart thinking. Come on, what do they taste like? | 真聪明… 来,让我尝尝什么味道? |
[23:48] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[23:49] | Dense little turkeys? | 浓缩小火鸡味? |
[23:55] | thanks for doing all this, honey. | 亲爱的,谢谢你忙活了一天 |
[23:57] | Thank the three energy drinks. | 谢谢叁种功能饮料 |
[23:59] | Merry Christmas, pops. | 圣诞快乐,爸爸 |
[24:01] | You’re drinking wine now? | 你喝得是酒吗? |
[24:03] | No. | 不是 |
[24:04] | God bless us, everyone. | 上帝保佑我们,保佑每个人 |
[24:09] | She’s a very tiny bird in size, but in taste, so big! | 小小一只鸟,但吃起来美味无穷 |
[24:18] | Backup can handle the dishes. | 我会收拾那些碗碟的 |
[24:19] | Right now, how’s about an early peek at one of your Christmas presents? | 现在,想不想提前看看你的圣诞礼物? |
[24:24] | What about our strict “Christmas morning only” rule? | 那"只限圣诞早晨看礼物"的规矩怎么办? |
[24:30] | This Christmas, we make our own rules. | 这个圣诞节,我们自己定规矩 |
[24:33] | Follow me! | 跟我来 |
[24:36] | I’m so impressed you fit a pony into my room. | 如果你送我一匹小马驹,我一定感激不尽 |
[24:39] | Presents, presents, presents! | 礼物,礼物.礼物 |
[24:48] | Uh… yeah. | 呃…. |
[24:49] | Isn’t that the same computer you got me two years ago? | 那不是你两年前送给我的电脑吗? |
[24:52] | On the outside, yes. | 是,外表是一样的 |
[24:55] | But this old beast has a new heart pulsing inside her. | 但是里面焕然一新 |
[24:58] | I’m talking 512 gigawatts of ram, | 我给她换了512兆的内存 |
[25:01] | an 80-something-or-other hard drive. | 还有80G还是什么的硬盘 |
[25:04] | You don’t know what you’re saying, do you? | 你不是很清楚自己在说什么,对不对? |
[25:05] | No, but your friend mac promised me that it’s all very state-of-the-art. | 是的,但是你的朋友Mac向我保证都是最高级的 |
[25:12] | Thanks, dad. You rock. | 谢谢,老爸,你太棒了 |
[25:16] | Why don’t you take it for a test-drive? | 为什么不试驾一下呢? |
[25:21] | What’s this? Two stories from 1999, dated about 2 months apart. | 这是什么? 1999年的事,发表日期相差两个月 |
[25:27] | And the man pictured in both stories? Carnell Myles, | 那个上了两期封面的男人是?Carnell Myles |
[25:30] | the same guy who now identifies himself as Anissa Vilapando’s pimp. | 就是那个承认自己是Anissa Vilapando的皮条客的人 |
[25:34] | Is there anyone in town who doesn’t know which trial I’m on? | 这个镇上还有人不知道我在做什么案子吗? |
[25:41] | Maybe the fellas can help out a sports-impaired girl. | 也许你们能帮帮我这个没什么运动神经的人 |
[25:44] | This Carnell Myles guy… I keep thinking I’ve heard his name, | 这个Carnell Myles 伙计们… 我一直在想我在哪听过这个名字 |
[25:47] | but he’s not a musician or an actor or anything I’d know. | 但他不是音乐家,也不是演员,不是我认识的那类人 |
[25:51] | Did he used to play something? | 他过去是不是打过什么球? |
[25:52] | Damn. You know, I think you’re right. | 是呀,你说得没错 |
[25:54] | Matrix Myles… incredible cornerback at San Diego state. | Matrix Myles… 圣地亚哥州的传奇角卫 |
[25:58] | He got drafted by the Bengals. | 被Bengals队买进 |
[26:00] | So, how did he end up a pimp? | 那么,他怎么会成了皮条客呢? |
[26:02] | First day at training camp, he blew out his knee. | 第一天训练,他就摔裂了膝盖 |
[26:04] | Miss Foreman… | 主席小姐… |
[26:06] | any idea how this no-cartilage-having ex-jock | 想想这个没有膝盖软骨的前运动员 |
[26:10] | managed to leap over that wall? | 怎么可能翻过那堵墙呢? |
[26:17] | Hey, Sacks. | 嗨, Sacks |
[26:20] | I’m not finding that list of the e-mail addresses for everyone on staff that I asked you for. | 我没看见那份我问你要的所有员工e-mail地址列表 |
[26:25] | It’s in the flap. | 在副页里 |
[26:26] | The flap, right. What flap? | 副页,恩,什么副页? |
[26:28] | The packet I gave you. | 我给你的那个夹子里 |
[26:30] | I put it in there. | 我就放在那 |
[26:32] | Well, I see a flap, but it’s empty. | 呃,我看到了副页,但是空的 |
[26:35] | I put it in the flap. | 我就放在副页里 |
[26:39] | Okay. So, Robert McKinnon, the sports agent, is Robby McKinnon’s father. | 好的,Robert McKinnon, 运动员经理人 是Robby McKinnon的父亲 |
[26:43] | What does that prove? | 那能说明什么? |
[26:44] | It proves diddly, but it begs some interesting questions about how carnell myles got involved in all this. | 说明不了什么,但是能看出 Carnell MylesIt为什么会被牵扯进来 |
[26:50] | Are you suggesting that Robert McKinnon paid his former client to take the rap for his son? | 你是想说Robert McKinnon付钱给他的 前客户为他的儿子洗脱罪名? |
[26:56] | It happens. Trust me. | 那很有可能,相信我 |
[26:58] | What good would money do a man serving 20 years for assault? | 因袭击他人而入狱20年,那得花多少钱找人顶罪? |
[27:01] | 20 years? Mi hijo, you got some funny ideas about how judges deal with pimps who slap their hookers around. | 20年? 你一定没见过法官怎么判皮条客欧打妓女的案子 |
[27:08] | Six months… maybe. | 也许…最多六个月 |
[27:10] | And is my theory really any crazier than the other way of looking at it? | 难道我的想法真的比另外的看法疯狂很多吗? |
[27:14] | What other way? | 另外什么看法? |
[27:15] | That a pimp tricking $80 hookers showed up out of the goodness of his heart | 一个皮条客突然良心发现 |
[27:20] | to save two rich white boys from doing time. | 主动认罪还两个有钱白人小孩的清白 |
[27:23] | But there’s still the gun. Nothing ties it to the defendants. | 但还有一把枪啊 这和被告一点也联系不上 |
[27:26] | We all saw it in the hands of the guy running from the motel. | 我们都看到了那个家伙拿着枪跑出来旅馆 |
[27:31] | The gun belonged to Anissa. | 枪是Anissa的 |
[27:36] | This should be good. | 有好戏看了 |
[27:38] | We know she has a firearms rap. | 我们知道她曾被指控携带枪只 |
[27:40] | Parole in those cases forbids you to own a gun. | 她还在假释期内,是不允许拥有枪支的 |
[27:42] | The boys attack her, she pulls the gun, they flee. | 男孩们动手打她,她掏出枪,他们就吓跑了 |
[27:45] | But if she admits the gun is hers, it’s prison for sure. | 但是如果她承认这只枪是她的,她肯定得进监狱了 |
[27:48] | She has to ditch the gun before the cops arrive, | 她必须得在警察出现之前把枪藏起来 |
[27:51] | but she’s too beat up to do it herself. | 但她伤得太重,没法自己做 |
[27:53] | So she gets her friend to do it… Ankwan Simmons. | 所以打电话叫朋友过来帮忙… |
[27:56] | Whom she calls after the attack and who is seen fleeing the scene 12 minutes later with a gun. | 她被袭击后打电话的那个人,也就是12分钟后 旅馆经理所看见的逃离现场的男子 |
[28:02] | So, aside from the theory you just yanked out of your… imagination, | 那么,除了这些你刚刚想象出来的推测 |
[28:07] | what ties the gun to ms. Vilapando? | 还有什么能证明枪是Vilapando小姐的? |
[28:10] | Process of elimination. | 排除法 |
[28:12] | The guy running from the motel wasn’t Carnell Myles, so it couldn’t have been his. | 那个跑出旅馆的男子不是 Carnell Myles 所以枪肯定不是他的 |
[28:16] | If it belonged to the boys, Anissa wouldn’t have needed to hide it. | 如果是男孩们的,Anissa没必要把枪藏起来 |
[28:20] | Their fingerprints would have been on it, as well as hers. | 枪上会有他们的指纹,当然也有她的 |
[28:22] | But that still leaves… | 那就只有… |
[28:23] | Anissa and the antigravity guy we saw hopping the fence. | Anissa和那个翻过栅栏的男子 |
[28:26] | So, unless that guy was in the room the whole time, | 所以,除非那个男子一直在房间里 |
[28:29] | which neither the defense nor the prosecution has proposed, | 而被告和检控方对此都没提出异议 |
[28:33] | the gun is Anissa’s. | 所以枪肯定是Anissa的 |
[28:37] | Inga, can I… | Inga, 我能不能… |
[28:40] | what’s this? | 这是什么? |
[28:41] | It’s an anonymous e-mail I just got. | 我刚刚收到的匿名e-mail |
[28:44] | For an offer of $50,000 for the tapes. | 出价5万块交换录像带 |
[28:48] | Sacks, did you get an e-mail like this? | Sacks, 你收到这封e-mail吗? |
[28:50] | Uh… yeah. Just today. We all got them. | 呃,收到了,就今天 我们都收到了 |
[28:55] | I told the sheriff. | 我已经告诉郡长了 |
[28:56] | Get me another copy of that e-mail list. | 再给我一份所有员工的e-mail列表 |
[29:18] | Not too shabby for a guy with a surgically fused knee. | 对于一个膝盖做过手术的人 能那样翻过去可真不是件容易的事 |
[29:21] | True, that. | 没错 |
[29:23] | Now, take another look at this photo of ankwan simmons. | 现在,再看看Ankwan Simmons的照片 |
[29:27] | From a distance, it’d be pretty easy to mistake him for Carnell Myles. | 从远处看,还真容易把他看成Carnell Myles |
[29:31] | So, are we ready for a vote? | 那么,大家准备好投票没? |
[29:35] | All for acquittal, raise your hands. | 同意无罪的,请举手 |
[29:40] | You want to miss more bowl games? | 你还想错过更多的球赛吗? |
[29:42] | Give me a break, daddy warbucks. | 让我喘口气 |
[29:43] | She laid out a good… | 她确认提出了很好的… |
[29:45] | Pardon me, miss Mars. The judge would like to see you in her chambers. | 对不起,Mars小姐 法官在办公室里等你 |
[29:48] | Here’s something for our foreman to pass along. | 有些话请主席帮我转告一下 |
[29:51] | I will never vote for conviction, no matter what. | 不管发生什么 我永远不会同意判他们有罪 |
[29:55] | You tell the judge this jury’s hung. | 你去告诉法官陪审团僵住了 |
[30:07] | That’s “mr. Mars” to you. | 告诉过你叫我”Mars先生” |
[30:19] | What happened? | 发生了什么事? |
[30:20] | She asked me whether we were deadlocked. | 她问我陪审团是不是出现僵局了 |
[30:23] | I said no. | 我说没有 |
[30:25] | Then she said we’re not going home until we reach a verdict. | 然后她说如果我们不做出裁决,就别想回家 |
[30:33] | Okay. No problem. | 好的,没问题 |
[30:45] | playing: Ivy – Edge of the Ocean | |
[31:02] | There’s a place I dream about | |
[31:07] | Where the sun never goes out | |
[31:12] | And the sky is deep and blue. | |
[31:17] | Won’t you take me there with you. | |
[31:22] | Ohhh, we can begin again. | |
[31:27] | Shed our skin, let the sun shine in. | |
[31:32] | At the edge of the ocean | |
[31:36] | We can start over again. | |
[32:03] | There’s a world I’ve always known | |
[32:07] | Somewhere far away from home | |
[32:13] | When I close my eyes I see | |
[32:18] | for that experience, you paid 50 grand? | 你花了5万钱买下了录像带? |
[32:22] | Ohhh, we can begin again. | |
[32:28] | All that matters is that the world wide web won’t be hosting mpegs of my old man… | 我关心的是我老爸的照片不会 被贴得网上到处都是… |
[32:34] | …Defiling the love of my life. | …污染我所爱的生活 |
[32:36] | For a guy who says he hates his father, you sure did him a huge favor. | 你总说你恨死你爸了 可这次你却帮了他一个大忙 |
[32:40] | Well I’ve seen the tapes. I could testify against him as well as anyone else. | 我已经看过带子,我可以和其他人一样指控我爸 |
[32:43] | You can also go to jail. This is a serious crime. | 你也会被关进监狱 这可是一宗刑事犯罪 |
[32:45] | Yeah? | 是吗? |
[32:48] | where’s the evidence? | 证据呢? |
[32:50] | I believe those are the tapes right there. | 我想那些是录象带吧 |
[32:52] | Those are blank. | 那些是空白带 |
[32:54] | Blank tapes made you cry? | 你看空白带看到流眼泪? |
[33:00] | Yeah. I thought I’d save the “Daria” marathon on them. | 没错,我以为我把”Daria”马拉松 (一个电视节目)录在上面了 |
[33:04] | Right. | 行 |
[33:05] | And most people have a tape degausser just hanging around on their coffee table. | 大部分拥有消磁器的人只会流连于咖啡桌旁边 |
[33:11] | Well, at least tell me this… | 呃,至少告诉我… |
[33:13] | how did you manage to buy those tapes for 1/10 of their market price? | 你是怎么用市场价的十分之一买到这些带子的? |
[33:17] | Why, sir… | 呃,先生… |
[33:20] | I’ve always depended upon the kindness of strangers. | 我一直都相信陌生人也有善良的 |
[33:23] | Oh, kindness at the sheriff’s department. | 哦,是郡长办公室里的善良人 |
[33:26] | I seriously doubt it. | 我表示严重怀疑 |
[33:31] | I’m not questioning your integrity. | 我不是质疑你的诚实 |
[33:33] | I’m just asking you for a logical response to the points I’ve raised. | 我只是要求你对我提出的问题作出合理的回应 |
[33:37] | Logical? Look, barbie, I’ve had a bellyful of your snide little digs. | 合理?听着,芭比,我很清楚你的脑袋里在想什么 |
[33:42] | Here’s my final word. | 我最后要说的是 |
[33:44] | I’ll never, ever send two boys from good families to jail on the word of that mexican whore! | 我永远不会因一个墨西哥妓女的一面之词 把两个出身良好的孩子送进监狱 |
[33:52] | I think it’s time to take a break. | 我们应该休息一下 |
[33:54] | Uh, yeah. Good idea. | 恩,是呀,好主意 |
[34:01] | Miss foreman, I’d like to change my vote. | 主席小姐, 我改变主意了 |
[34:05] | What? | 什么? |
[34:07] | Did god just speak to you? | 上帝刚刚跟你谈过吗? |
[34:10] | Sir, I think that’s a bit out of line. | 先生,我觉得你有点过火了 |
[34:12] | You’re right. | 你是对的 |
[34:14] | I apologize. | 我向你道歉 |
[34:16] | And you know what? | 你知道吗? |
[34:17] | I’m changing my vote, too. | 我也改变主意了 |
[34:22] | Even lying hookers deserve a little holiday cheer, don’t they? | 就算是说大话的妓女也有资格过过节,对不对? |
[34:25] | Are you serious? | 你是认真的吗? |
[34:26] | Of course I’m serious. | 当然,我很认真 |
[34:28] | Light the yule log, crank the mannheim steamroller. It’s Christmas. | 点亮圣诞节蛋糕,唱起曼海姆压路机 (以圣诞音乐闻名天天下的乐队),圣诞节到了 |
[34:33] | Those boys will appeal, and they’ll win. | 那两个男孩会上诉,他们肯定会赢的 |
[34:36] | I’ll sleep with visions of sugarplums trusting their fate in a jury | 我会带着美梦入睡 相信他们的命运将会掌握在 |
[34:40] | that doesn’t kowtow to a high school cheerleader! | 一个不用向高中拉拉队长磕头的陪审团手里 |
[34:45] | Yay! | |
[34:47] | Let me take this moment to thank you. | 借这点时间我要向你表示感谢 |
[34:49] | I learned a lot about civic responsibility. | 我确实学到很多关于公民责任的东西 |
[34:56] | Pardon me. | 对不起 |
[34:57] | Veronica? | |
[34:59] | I just wanted to congratulate you on the superb job you did. | 恭喜你做得很漂亮 |
[35:03] | Most impressive, especially for someone your age. | 给我印象最深的,是你年纪还这么轻 |
[35:06] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[35:08] | I don’t know if you’ve made plans for college, | 我不知道你是否已经做好了大学的计划 |
[35:10] | but I think you’d fit right in at Hearst. | 但我想你非常适合去Hearst大学 |
[35:13] | Stay here in Neptune? | 在Neptune上大学? |
[35:16] | Well, we won’t be moving the university. | 呃,我们学校肯定不会搬的 |
[35:18] | I’d really kind of planned on having my car packed and running during graduation ceremonies, | 我倒真的打算打包好行李,毕业典礼的时候就开上我的车 |
[35:23] | just to kind of beat the rush out of Neptune. | 一路狂奔远离Neptune |
[35:27] | Then there’s the other thing. | 还有一件事 |
[35:29] | What other thing? | 什么事? |
[35:32] | The tuition. Hearst is a bit pricy. | 学费 Hearst大学的学费有点贵 |
[35:34] | We have some very generous scholarship and grant programs. | 我们可以提供很丰厚的奖学金和研究项目 |
[35:39] | You’re our kind of student. | 你是我们要的学生 |
[35:41] | I’d fight for you. | 我会为你争取 |
[35:45] | So, life goes on. | 生活还在继续 |
[35:47] | Another day of work, | 又是一天的工作 |
[35:48] | carry-out meatloaf, | 肉馅糕外卖 |
[35:50] | two lousy days of holiday left. | 还有两天喧闹的节日 |
[35:52] | And a freshly vandalized car. | 和一辆刚刚被摧残的车 |
[35:56] | Socially speaking, looks like I’m right back where I was a year ago. | 正式点说,看起来我又回到了一年前的我 |
[35:59] | Somehow I don’t think I’d be very welcome anymore at Dick’s new year’s eve bash. | 但不知为何又觉得除夕之夜的狂欢跟我有点格格不入 |
[36:10] | Tax reports? | 税务报告? |
[36:11] | Did you change careers without consulting me? | 你没问过我就换工作了? |
[36:13] | My dad, the accountant, seriously less cool. | 我的老爸,会计师,那个工作一点也不酷 |
[36:17] | Oh, hey, did you hear about our verdict? We voted to convict. | 哦,嘿,你听说了我们的裁决吗? 我们一致同意有罪 |
[36:21] | It’s making me real popular with my classmates. | 那让我在我们班上变得非常受欢迎 |
[36:24] | It’s not always easy doing the right thing. | 做出正确的决定是件不容易的事 |
[36:26] | If that phrase isn’t on the Mars family crest, it should be. | 如果那句话不在Mars家族的语录里,那真是太可惜了 |
[36:30] | What’s with the janitorial supplies? | 清洁工具供给怎么样了? |
[36:33] | Oh, just tidying up after a billion or so starlings. | 哦,忙着收拾成百上亿只八哥留下的残局 |
[36:36] | They seem to be the official courthouse mascots. | 他们现在好象成郡政府正式的吉祥物了 |
[36:38] | Veronica. | |
[36:40] | What can you tell me about deputy Leo, about his family? | 能不能告诉我关于Leo的事, 他的家庭怎么样? |
[36:48] | Deputy, can you step in here for a moment? I need to speak with you. | Leo, 能进来一下吗? 跟你说句话 |
[36:54] | What’s up, Keith? | 怎么了, Keith? |
[36:57] | Tell me about your little sister. | 说说你的小妹妹吧 |
[37:03] | Tina? | |
[37:05] | What can I say? She’s a great kid. | 我说什么呢?她是一个很好的孩子 |
[37:07] | She’s 10 years old. | 她10岁了 |
[37:10] | She’s totally nuts about the 49ers. | 她是四九人队的超级粉丝 |
[37:12] | She challenges me to crazy eights every night. She always wins. | 每天晚上都跟我玩'疯狂八'(一种游戏),她老是能赢我 |
[37:20] | She’s got Down syndrome, though. | 虽然她有唐氏综合症 |
[37:22] | so learning’s kind of a struggle. | 所以学习对她来说不是件容易的事 |
[37:27] | Is that why you stole the tapes? | 这就是你偷录像带的原因吗? |
[37:44] | Keith… | |
[37:49] | I’m so sorry. | 对不起 |
[37:51] | Tina’s having a really rough time in public school. | Tina在公立学校的日子很不好过 |
[37:54] | She’s getting picked on. She’s falling way behind. | 她老是被点名,成绩也落下很多 |
[37:57] | And I want to send her to private school, where she can get special care. | 我想送她去读私立学校,可以有人专门照顾她 |
[38:00] | That’s rough, Leo. | 是挺难的, Leo |
[38:03] | But I still don’t see how you can justify what you’ve done. | 但我还是不理解为什么你会觉得这样做是合理的 |
[38:11] | You’ve really damaged the case against Echolls. | 你已经完全把Echolls的案子给毁了 |
[38:14] | You know, Keith, there are several people, including Veronica, | 你看, Keith, 好几个人包括Veronica都看过那盘带子 |
[38:18] | who saw those tapes that can testify what’s on them. | 他们可以证明带子上有什么 |
[38:22] | And I hope you realize I didn’t do this to get rich. | 我希望你明白我这样做不是为了发达 |
[38:26] | I could have made a whole lot more if I wanted to. | 如果我想的话,我可以赚到很多很多钱 |
[38:28] | Yeah, like half a million. | 是呀,象50万 |
[38:31] | That must have been hard to pass up. | 一定很难拒绝 |
[38:34] | No, actually, it was easy. | 不,事实上,很容易 |
[38:36] | I nearly gave the tapes back, | 一想到网上散播得到处都是… |
[38:37] | thinking about them plastered all over the internet… | 我都打算把带子还回来 |
[38:41] | until I saw Logan Echolls in the hallway, | 直到我看到走廊上的Logan Echolls |
[38:43] | poring over a list of all the departmental e-mail addresses. | 死盯着部门员工的e-mail地址列表 |
[38:47] | I got his message, and | 我收到了他的信 |
[38:49] | I knew it was him. | 我知道就是他 |
[38:53] | He made it clear that he just wanted them destroyed. | 他说得很明白只想把带子销毁掉 |
[38:58] | Well, you know I can’t just let you slide on this one, Leo. | 呃,这件事我不能让你逍遥法外, Leo |
[39:04] | I know. | 我知道 |
[39:07] | I’m not asking you to. | 我也不会要求你这么做 |
[39:09] | “Although no single cause can directly account for the theft, | “虽然录象带被盗没有唯一直接的原因 |
[39:12] | the primary factor appears to be insufficient oversight by the designated caretakers, | 但指定看管者的疏忽是导致失窃的主要原因 |
[39:18] | most notably deputy Leo D’Amato. | 主要责任人是Leo D’Amato |
[39:21] | While it is my strong belief that Logan Echolls obtained the tapes, | 我绝对相信Logan Echolls得到了录像带 |
[39:24] | the evidence has undoubtedly been destroyed. | 毫无疑问证据已经被销毁了 |
[39:27] | For this reason, a conviction seems unlikely. “ | 因此,定罪已经没有必要 “ |
[39:34] | Keith Mars. | |
[39:40] | No, that’s all right. I’m just kind of shocked. | 不,我没事 我只是有点吃惊 |
[39:44] | Look, I really appreciate you giving me the heads-up. | 恩,谢谢你打电话告诉我 |
[39:48] | Yeah, I hope so, too. | 是,我也希望这样 |
[39:50] | Bye. | 再见 |
[39:57] | Do you see the moving truck out front? | 你看到前院上演的电影吗? |
[40:00] | Ms. “Moana” Lisa and mr. Outside-voice next door finally got the boot. | 隔壁的”蒙娜” 丽莎小姐和'嚷嚷'先生终于走了 |
[40:05] | Two old acquaintances that should be forgotten. | 两个应该被遗忘的老熟人 |
[40:07] | Honey, there’s something I need to tell you. | 亲爱的,告诉你一件事 |
[40:10] | I just got a call from the hospital. | 我刚刚接到医院打来的电话 |
[40:13] | Meg died. | Meg去世了 |
[40:15] | A blood clot dislodged and made its way to her heart. | 一个血块阻在她的心脏 |
[40:22] | The baby? | 那孩子呢? |
[40:23] | A girl… she survived. | 是个女孩… 她活下来了 |
[40:43] | New year’s eve. | 除夕之夜 |
[40:44] | Someone just needs to change the name to “same old year’s eve” | 有人得把这改改,改成'旧夕之夜' |
[40:47] | because that “new,” implying all that hope and promise, | 因为'新'意味着希望和梦想 |
[40:51] | it’s not fooling anyone. | 这样就没人会上当受骗了 |
[40:53] | Okay… okay, babe, I’m hitting the bunkhouse. | 好了…好了,宝贝 我得去梦周公了 |
[40:57] | But, dad, you’re gonna miss the ball. | 但是,爸爸 你不看倒计时球了吗? |
[40:59] | I saw it the past 40 years or so. | 过去四十几年我每年都看 |
[41:03] | You know… it drops. | 你知道… 每次都掉下来 |
[41:05] | You’ll see. Good night. | 你看吧 晚安 |
[41:11] | We’ve still got pizza coming. | 批萨还没送来呢 |
[41:12] | It’s all yours. Knock yourself out. | 全归你了 吃个饱吧 |
[41:14] | Cash is on the tv. | 钱在电视上 |
[41:29] | Happy new year. | 新年快乐 |
[41:37] | And to the traditional strains of “auld lang syne”, | |
[41:40] | the joyful throng in times square begins to count down the final seconds | |
[41:44] | of the old year. | |
[41:46] | Okay, I’m a sucker. | 好吧,我承认自己是个傻瓜 |
[41:48] | I’ll give this new year thing one last chance. | 我要给新的一年最后一次机会 |
[41:53] | Happy new year ! | 新年快乐 |
[41:55] | www. forom. com |