时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Previously on “Veronica Mars”… | 前情回顾 |
[00:02] | It’s Terrence Cook and… | 这是Terrence Cook和… |
[00:03] | Miss Dumass, the journalism teacher. | Dumass小姐 新闻学老师 |
[00:05] | Who died in the bus crash. | 大巴事故中死的那个 |
[00:06] | He also has some gambling issues. | 他还有些赌博方面的纠纷 |
[00:09] | Hi, everybody. Say “repressed homosexuality”. | 嗨 各位 一起说 “我们是被压抑的同性恋” |
[00:13] | I have information about that mexican kid who got killed. | 我有些关于那个被杀的墨西哥人的消息 |
[00:15] | I’m the one who made the anonymous call from the bridge. | 我就是从桥上打匿名电话的人 |
[00:18] | It’s not the guy from the bridge. | 他不是桥上那个人 |
[00:19] | You said the whole night was a blur. | 你说过那晚天很灰暗 |
[00:21] | I lied. | 我撒了谎 |
[00:21] | I’m not like you, Weevil. | 我跟你不一样 Weevil. |
[00:23] | I don’t make good speeches. | 我不会讲大道理 |
[00:24] | So I’m just gonna say adios. I hope that covers it | 我只会说 再见 我想就能代表一切了 |
[00:27] | Balboa County Sheriff Don Lamb questions baseball legend Terrence Cook in | Balboa镇治安官Don Lamb审问了 棒球传奇的Terrence Cook |
[00:31] | connection with the Neptune High bus crash. | 声称他与Neptune高中大巴失事事件有关 |
[00:43] | J.B., You need to relax with the Elmer’s. | J.B.你用Elmer的时候放轻松点 |
[00:46] | Do I look like I enjoy being covered in white goo? | 我可不希望这东西弄我一身 |
[00:51] | Miss Hauser? | |
[00:52] | Enough. | 够了 |
[00:53] | This is a free study period, | 这是个免费学习时间 |
[00:55] | not a free-for-all. | 但不是对所有人都免费 |
[00:58] | What is it, Veronica? | 什么事 Veronica? |
[00:59] | Mr. Pope said you have some decorations for the F.B.L.A. booth? | Pope先生说你有些给F.B.L.A. 小货摊的装饰物? |
[01:03] | J.B.? | |
[01:04] | Could you go get the hills? | 你能把小山拿来吗? |
[01:05] | Who, me? Help her? | 谁 我? 帮她? |
[01:08] | She’s my Nemesis. | 她可是我的对手 |
[01:12] | His Nemesis? | 她的对手? |
[01:14] | Um, did we break up? | 呃 我们解散了吗? |
[01:19] | Now, that is amazing. | 这真不错 |
[01:25] | Dude, check it man! | 伙计 看看那 |
[01:28] | Do I need to remind you that next week’s exam is worth 30% of your grade? | 要不要我提醒你们 下周的测验占学分的30%? |
[01:37] | One of these days my ship is going to come in, | 最近我的运气不错 |
[01:39] | and I will not have to deal with this nonsense. | 没时间听你们胡扯 |
[01:41] | So, what? | 那又怎样? |
[01:43] | Only the kids playing with the scissors and the glue can talk? | 只有那些用剪刀和胶水 干活的人才有发言权? |
[01:46] | Your student council is working very hard | 你们的学生自治会 |
[01:48] | to raise money for your senior trip. | 正为你们继续升学旅行努力集资 |
[01:50] | Their senior trip. | 他们的升学旅行 |
[01:51] | The rest of us want to go to Magic Mountain. | 我们这些人打算去Magic Mountain |
[01:53] | It’s Catalina, and you’re crazy. | 是Catalina 而且我看你疯了 |
[01:56] | I am not spending my senior trip watching you | 我才不想浪费我的旅行 |
[01:58] | hurl hot dog and orange drink | 看你们乱扔热狗 酗酒 |
[02:00] | off “batman the ride.” | 和胡闹 |
[02:04] | Better watch your back, veronica. | 最好注意点后面 |
[02:06] | Because you’re going to crush me with hideous fake hills? | 因为你想用难看的假山袭击我? |
[02:10] | Uh, no, the Kane scholarship. | 呃 不是 Kane奖学金 |
[02:12] | I’m 3100 of points behind you. | 我还落后你3100分 |
[02:15] | What wonderful mountains, Madison. | 这山做得真漂亮 Madison |
[02:18] | Thank you, mrs. Hauser. | 谢谢 Hauser太太 |
[02:23] | Oh, Madison, you have a little… | 哦 Madison 你这有点… |
[02:26] | What, brown? Because I’m a brown-noser? | 什么 雀斑? 因为我是个拍马屁的人? |
[02:29] | No… glitter. | 不… 魅力 |
[02:31] | Because you’re a fairy princess. | 因为你就是个美丽的公主 |
[02:42] | How lucky am I that I got Terrence Cook to sign that ball for me | 在Terrence Cook打了我同学之前 |
[02:45] | before he blew up my classmates? | 我拿到了他签名的球 多幸运哪? |
[02:47] | It’s gonna be worth so much more | 这可比 napkin O.J. |
[02:48] | than that napkin O.J. signed for me at the claim jumper. | 在外套上签的那个值钱多了 |
[02:51] | Jackie. Jackie, hey, wait up. | Jackie 嘿 等一下 |
[02:53] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[02:55] | I was distracted by the pitchforks and torches. | 我让那些没事找事的人弄得有点心烦 |
[02:58] | So how are you? | 你没事吧? |
[02:59] | I’m wondering if this counts as my 15 minutes of fame. | 我在想这能不能跟我15分钟的名声 相提并论 |
[03:03] | And if so, | 如果是的话 |
[03:04] | what does the child of an alleged murderer wear to winter carnival? | 那个所谓的杀人犯在冬季狂欢节上会穿什么? |
[03:07] | No one expects you to go, Jackie. | 他们没期待你去 Jackie |
[03:09] | French club does. We volunteered, remember? | 法语俱乐部可不这么想 我们是自愿的 记得吗? |
[03:11] | Je saute, vous sautez! | |
[03:14] | You’re not really going. | 你没必要真的去 |
[03:16] | Even you’re not that tacky. | 而且你没那么无聊 |
[03:18] | School carnival? | 学校狂欢节? |
[03:19] | Me, you, in the shake shack, | 我 你 狂欢 |
[03:21] | doing a little “you’re the one that I want”? | 做一些 “你就是我的梦中情人”? |
[03:24] | I am so there. | 我一定会到 |
[03:26] | It’s not a freak show. | 那不是个吸毒者的聚会 |
[03:28] | You being there will ruin everything. | 你去了只会搞砸一切 |
[03:31] | That’s my plan… ruin everything. | 我正打算那么做… 搞砸一切 |
[03:35] | He said he’s in such pain he can’t get out of bed. | 他说感到很痛苦 下不了床 |
[03:38] | Three times my kid said he saw him at the speed zone, | 我的孩子有三次在 |
[03:41] | at the go-kart track. | 在g-kart(汽车商标名)的加速区看到他 |
[03:43] | Have you ever tried climbing into one of those little cars? | 你有没有试过爬进那种小汽车里? |
[03:47] | I’m not paying this guy a dime. | 我不会付给这个人一分一毫 |
[03:48] | I’m still waiting on the facts from the insurance company. | 我还在等保险公司那边的调查报告 |
[04:04] | I don’t have an appointment. | 我没预约 |
[04:05] | I was hoping you’d have time for a consultation. | 我希望能向你咨询些事情 |
[04:08] | I will, if you don’t mind waiting. | 可以 如果你能等的话 |
[04:10] | I can wait. | 我可以等 |
[04:20] | Who wants some pie? | 谁想要派? |
[04:24] | Two by two. | 一对对 |
[04:26] | Apparently you can only enter the carnival as if it were the ark. | 很显然你只有把狂欢节当作 方舟才进得来 |
[04:30] | Slushies! | 刨冰 |
[04:32] | Get your ice-cold frozen sugar water. | 让你凉爽起来的糖水 |
[04:35] | You had me at “ice-cold.” | 你让我感到冷若冰霜 |
[04:39] | What’s your poison? | 想要什么“毒药”? |
[04:40] | Oh, emotionally unavailable women. | 噢 冷冰冰的女人 |
[04:45] | Let’s see. Uh, I want something that suits my mood. | 我看看 呃 我要些 能配合我心情的东西 |
[04:49] | Ooh, I’m sorry. | 哦 很抱歉 |
[04:50] | We’re all out of liquid evil. | 我们这没有邪恶饮料 |
[04:52] | I’ll take two of whatever will turn my tongue blue. | 我要两杯能让我舌头变蓝的东西 |
[04:54] | Hot date? | 约会? |
[04:56] | Rain check? | 改天如何? |
[04:57] | A night with the fellas. You know how it is. | 跟伙计们一起的夜晚 你知道是什么感觉 |
[04:59] | Pies! Pep squad pies! | 派 Pep squad的派 |
[05:02] | Boy, people really love pep squad pie. | 看来人们很喜欢pep squad的派 |
[05:05] | It’s genius. | 天才的点子 |
[05:07] | Madison’s dad gives her 40 bucks to buy a pie from some chichi bakery, | Madison的爸爸给了她40美元 从某个面包店买了派 |
[05:11] | and then drops three bills | 然后花了三美元 |
[05:13] | to buy it back in front of a live studio audience. | 从大庭广众之下买回去 |
[05:16] | He loves her. | 真够爱她的女儿 |
[05:18] | Oh, the rich. | 哦 有钱人 |
[05:19] | How they mock you. | 他们就是这么嘲笑你 |
[05:22] | There’s a $50 bill? | 50美元的? |
[05:23] | Yeah, I had it made special. | 是 特别签名的 |
[05:39] | Oh, the Hoi Polloi. | 哦 Hoi Polloi |
[05:41] | They don’t know what they want until they have it. | 他们在拥有之前往往不知道 自己想要什么 |
[05:46] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[05:48] | Okay, you want 50 balloons or some popcorn and ice cream? | 好了 你想要50个气球 爆米花还是冰淇淋? |
[05:50] | Balloons. | 气球 |
[05:52] | You say that now. | 你现在这么说 |
[05:53] | Then it’s, “oh, uncle Eli, I’m so hungry.” | 一会就该说了 哦 Eli叔叔 我好饿 |
[05:58] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[06:00] | There you go. | 给 |
[06:03] | Sorry. I thought that was your head. | 抱歉 我以为那是你的头 |
[06:09] | I am so good at this game, bro. | 兄弟 我可是很擅长这个游戏 |
[06:11] | Shooting in a clown’s mouth. | 射小丑的嘴 |
[06:13] | Your future’s bright, Dick. | 你前途似锦 |
[06:18] | Dude, am I drunk? | 伙计 我喝多了吗? |
[06:21] | No, dude, you’re just special. | 没 你只是很特别 |
[06:24] | Well, why is the Beav all snuggly with that chick from “Ghost World”? | 那为什么Beav跟 地狱 来的小妞在一起? |
[06:31] | This school genuinely sucks. | 这个学校真是有够烂 |
[06:33] | True that. | 说得没错 |
[06:34] | Oh Madison. | 哦 Madison |
[06:38] | Oh hi. | 哦 嗨 |
[06:42] | Thank you, Madison. | 多谢 Madison |
[06:48] | Sorry. I got a little slammed. | 抱歉 我有点忙乱了 |
[06:51] | Can I have the keys for your class? | 能借我你教室的钥匙吗? |
[06:52] | The, uh, sign for the bounce house is falling down. | 呃 那个跳跃屋的标志掉了 |
[06:55] | I should grab the staple gun. | 我要去把它钉好 |
[06:58] | Thank you, J.B. | 谢谢 J.B. |
[07:01] | He’s so reliable. | 他真可靠 |
[07:05] | It’s a little sticky… | 钱有点粘… |
[07:15] | Good job. | 干得好 |
[07:16] | Here, hold on to this. | 拿着这个 |
[07:19] | It’s not a carnival until somebody shows butt cheek. | 在没人露屁股之前 这就算不上狂欢 |
[07:26] | I’m out here with my special lady friend, | 我跟我的特别来宾一起 |
[07:29] | and I got to see that. | 然后就看到了那个 |
[07:30] | Not a big fan of the Tritons’ annual tuck and run? | 你是不是Tritons表演的狂热爱好者? |
[07:33] | May I have the cash box, please? | 麻烦把现金盒给我? |
[07:36] | If this day gets any crazier… | 如果今天更疯狂… |
[07:49] | yeah, so, it’s gone. | 是的 盒子不见了 |
[07:51] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么? |
[07:52] | I just gave it to you. | 我刚把它交给你了 |
[07:54] | And I put it in there, | 我把它放在了这 |
[07:56] | and now it’s gone. | 现在不见了 |
[07:57] | In less than three minutes, | 不到三分钟的时间 |
[07:58] | Veronica Mars has lost all the senior trip money. | Veronica Mars就搞丢了升学旅行的钱 |
[08:02] | Is that a record? | 算不算个记录? |
[08:08] | A long time ago, | |
[08:10] | We used to be friends but I | |
[08:13] | Haven’t thought of you lately at all. | |
[08:18] | Come on, now, sugar! | |
[08:21] | Bring it on, bring it on, yeah! | |
[08:23] | Just remember me when | |
[08:26] | We used to be friends | |
[08:29] | A long time ago | |
[08:31] | We used to be friends | |
[08:34] | Veronica Mars 2×13 “Ain’t No Magic Mountain High Enough” | |
[08:42] | A senior tradition, 30 years in the making. | 30年来的传统 |
[08:46] | You, young lady, owe Neptune High school $12,000. | 你 小姑娘 欠了Neptune高中12000美元 |
[08:49] | There was $12,000 in there? | 那有12000美元? |
[08:51] | Why are we standing here chatting? | 我们干吗还在这闲聊? |
[08:52] | She should be searched. | 应该搜查她 |
[08:54] | It’s a metal box, this big. | 那是个金属盒 这么大 |
[08:56] | Where exactly do you think I hid it? | 你认为我能把它藏在哪? |
[08:59] | The box was locked. | 盒子是上了锁的 |
[09:01] | If you make everyone exit through the metal detectors, | 如果你让每个人离开的时候都通过金属探测器 |
[09:03] | no one will be able to leave with it. | 就没有人能带着盒子离开这 |
[09:05] | And if they find a way to open it? | 如果他们想办法打开了呢? |
[09:06] | You should make sure the shops are locked, | 你就要确保所有的商店 |
[09:08] | any classroom with tools, the janitor’s closet. | 所有有工具的教室 看门人的储藏室都锁好门 |
[09:11] | It was locked up before the carnival started. | 狂欢节开始之前就都锁好了 |
[09:14] | It’s not my first day. | 这不是第一次开狂欢节了 |
[09:15] | Yes sir? | 什么事 先生? |
[09:16] | I want the metal detectors to be moved to the exit. | 把金属探测器搬到出口处 |
[09:18] | And we’re going to have to start searching the lockers… | 我们要准备搜查储物柜… |
[09:20] | Immediately. | 马上 |
[09:21] | You want to save yourself some time? | 你要想给自己省点事? |
[09:23] | Start with hers. | 就从她开始 |
[09:25] | We all saw her, lurking around. | 我们都看见她在周围秘密活动 |
[09:28] | Lurking? Uh, you mean standing while black? | 秘密活动? 呃 你是说作为一个黑人? |
[09:31] | She told me earlier today she had a plan to ruin everything. | 她今天早些时候跟我说过 她打算搞砸一切 |
[09:37] | You know, | 你知道 |
[09:38] | there are plenty of people with notorious parents | 这里很多人都有声名狼藉 |
[09:40] | who turn out to be decent people. | 但又想变成体面人的父母 |
[09:42] | Don’t think you have an excuse. | 别以为你是例外 |
[09:53] | So, I’m not actually leaping frogs myself? | 我并不是很想自己玩弹跳青蛙 |
[09:57] | I’ll try anything once. | 试一试也无妨 |
[09:59] | Except that. | 除此以外 |
[10:01] | Ooh, you cheeky… | 哦 你这个… |
[10:06] | uh, you don’t take physics, do you? | 呃 你不是经常玩这个 是不是? |
[10:10] | I have a tattoo of Newton’s second law right on my heart. | 我胸前有个牛顿第二定律的纹身 |
[10:14] | You want to see? | 想看看吗? |
[10:15] | Right here. | 就在这 |
[10:17] | You get three tries. | 你有三次机会 |
[10:19] | Oh, you’re so accommodating. | 哦 你真善解人意 |
[10:24] | How about a little support, ladies? | 帮点忙 小姐们? |
[10:33] | What? And I suppose you’re fantastic at this. | 怎么? 我想你肯定很擅长这个 |
[10:40] | Excuse me. | 借过 |
[10:43] | Ladies, a little support? | 小姐们 帮个忙? |
[10:50] | Oh, my god, I’m so sorry! | 哦 天哪 对不起 |
[10:53] | Oh, I can’t believe you fell for that. | 哦 你竟然相信了 |
[10:56] | I think I should get a prize just for being so entertaining. | 我想我让你们这么高兴 应该给个奖吧 |
[10:59] | Yeah, well, I wasn’t all that entertained. | 呃 我没那么高兴 |
[11:02] | If you want a prize, | 如果你想要奖励 |
[11:04] | frog on a lily pad. | 奖励你再玩一次 |
[11:11] | I’d like the pink bunny, please. | 我要粉色的兔子 谢谢 |
[11:16] | What’s your name? | 你叫什么? |
[11:17] | Hannah. | |
[11:19] | Well, I’m naming my bunny after you, Hannah. | 我就用你的名字给我的小兔子命名 Hannah |
[11:22] | Actually, name it Logan. | 实际上 叫他Logan |
[11:26] | It will break my heart. | 它会伤了我的心的 |
[11:34] | Hey. Who’s your date? | 嘿 跟谁约会呢? |
[11:37] | This is Ophelia, my niece. | 这是Ophelia 我的侄女 |
[11:39] | This is Veronica. | 这是Veronica |
[11:41] | Nice backpack. You like the Powerpuff Girls, huh? | 很好看的背包 你喜欢Powerpuff女孩 啊? |
[11:43] | Which one is this? | 这是哪一个? |
[11:45] | She’s the one that’s not shaped like a metal cash box. | 长得不像金属现金盒子的那个 |
[11:49] | They start moving metal detectors around, Veronica, | 他们已经开始搬金属探测器了 Veronica |
[11:51] | you think the word’s not gonna spread? | 你以为消息不会传开吗? |
[11:54] | Why don’t you just open it up already? | 干吗不打开看看? |
[12:08] | You know, your case must really suck if your prime suspect is a 6-year-old. | 你知道 如果你的主要嫌疑犯是个6岁的孩子 那你这个案子可就完了 |
[12:15] | The sheriff is using me as a scapegoat. | 治安管用我当替罪羊 |
[12:18] | And if there’s anyone fit to take on the sheriff’s department, it’s you. | 如果说有人能对抗他 那就是你 |
[12:22] | I read your book, mr. Mars. | 我读了你的书 Mars先生 |
[12:23] | I couldn’t put it down. | 让我爱不释手 |
[12:24] | Yeah, well, if you read it carefully, | 恩 如果你读的够仔细的话 |
[12:26] | you might remember the famous guy went to jail in the end of that one? | 你应该记得最后进了监狱的那个名人? |
[12:29] | Look, the sheriff sees me as Woody’s ally. | 听着 治安官认为我是Woody的同伙 |
[12:32] | I spent the last three months speaking to the minority population | 我花了三个月的时间代表合并计划的一方 |
[12:35] | on behalf of his incorporation plan. | 跟那些少数人交涉 |
[12:37] | Now, if that goes through, | 现在 如果事情顺利 |
[12:39] | sheriff Ensley gets turned into the hayseed who hands out speeding tickets | Ensley治安官在这个问题上 |
[12:42] | on the way into town. | 就成了交出权力的乡巴佬 |
[12:43] | So Lamb made his point. He leaned on you. Big deal. | 那么Lamb做了决定 他起诉你 大人物 |
[12:47] | He’s never gonna file charges unless he’s got some kind of hard evidence. | 他没有确凿证据 是不会提出起诉的 |
[12:51] | Well, I had gone out to the park to talk to Woody | 我去公园跟Woody谈了 |
[12:53] | about my doing the color commentary on the short broadcast this year. | 我今年在广播中的解说词 |
[12:57] | There was a group from Neptune High. | 那有一群Neptune高中的学生 |
[12:59] | And I signed a bunch of baseballs, jerseys. | 我在很多棒球 运动衫上签了名 |
[13:02] | So? | 然后? |
[13:03] | Lamb’s forensic specialists found | Lamb的检控官在 |
[13:05] | cellphone and baseball fragments embedded in the driver’s body. | 司机的身体里发现了电话和棒球残骸 |
[13:09] | He thinks I planted a bomb in the bag, | 他认为我在司机身上植入了炸弹 |
[13:11] | that I detonated by calling the cellphone. | 然后通过打电话的方式引爆 |
[13:14] | And I need you to prove that I didn’t make that call, | 我需要你帮我证明我没打那个电话 |
[13:17] | that I had nothing to do with that crash. | 而且我跟事故一点关系也没有 |
[13:23] | What you doing back there, Mackie? | 你在那后面干什么 |
[13:25] | Keeping Beaver company. | 陪着Beaver |
[13:28] | That sounds fun. | 听起来很有趣 |
[13:29] | That’s ’cause it is. | 确实如此 |
[13:31] | The f’ing machine’s broken. | 这机器坏了 |
[13:33] | The ice is jammed. Just break it up with the screwdriver. | 冰块堵住了 用螺丝起子把冰敲碎就行了 |
[13:36] | Great. | 很好 |
[13:37] | I just lent it to Jackie. | 我刚把那个借给Jackie了 |
[13:39] | Jackie asked to borrow a screwdriver? | Jackie借了螺丝起子? |
[13:41] | Do you know where she went? | 你知道她去哪了吗? |
[13:42] | No. She was just here. | 不知道 刚刚还在这 |
[13:44] | There she is. | 她在那 |
[14:15] | Jackie? | |
[14:17] | What are you doing? | 你在干吗? |
[14:19] | Changing into my bathing suit. | 换泳装 |
[14:21] | That doesn’t usually require a screwdriver. | 那应该用不到螺丝起子 |
[14:25] | No, it usually doesn’t. | 是 一般来讲用不上 |
[14:39] | Like putting on a bikini isn’t stressful enough. | 换上比基尼感觉舒服点 |
[14:44] | It really looked like… | 这就像… |
[14:45] | I know what it looked like. | 我知道这像什么 |
[14:47] | Why are you wearing a bathing suit? | 你为什么要穿泳装? |
[14:49] | Didn’t you hear? | 你没听说吗? |
[14:51] | I won. | 我赢了 |
[14:53] | Before I was the demonized offspring of a mass murderer, | 在我被认为是魔鬼杀手的女儿之前 |
[14:58] | I signed up for the dunk tank. | 我签了dunk tank的约 |
[15:00] | You know, you get a jar, | 你知道 拿个罐子 |
[15:02] | and whoever gets the most money gets dunked. | 得的钱越多 泡得就越多 |
[15:04] | I went from a week of having the $3 I put in for myself | 每周3美元 |
[15:08] | to having almost $400. | 到差不多400美元 |
[15:12] | Go figure. | 算算看 |
[15:15] | Jackie. | |
[15:16] | Really, you’re wasting your time trying to prove something to these people. | 真的 你没有必要浪费时间 证明给这些人 |
[15:20] | Yeah. | 是 |
[15:21] | And when people thought the worst of your dad, | 当人们把你爸爸想得很不堪的时候 |
[15:23] | you just took it lying down, right? | 你就只是置之不理 是么? |
[15:31] | Hey, are you sure you want to do this? | 嘿 你确定想这么做? |
[15:33] | “Want” might be stretching it. | “想” 不止如此 |
[15:35] | Hey, it’s my senior trip, too. | 嘿 这也是我的升学旅行 |
[15:37] | Time to take one for the team. | 也是该贡献一下的时候了 |
[15:53] | One of my friends was on that bus. | 我的一个朋友也在大巴上 |
[16:04] | Hey, Jackie. | 嘿 Jackie |
[16:06] | What do you think your dad would think of my curve ball? | 你爸爸会怎么评论这个曲线球? |
[16:08] | He’d say it’s weak. | 他会说太弱了 |
[16:16] | In the spirit of a full client-investigator disclosure, | 作为一个揭露真相的调查员 |
[16:22] | I’m not offering you this beer out of the goodness of my heart. | 我不会给你这瓶啤酒 |
[16:25] | You’re not? | 你不会? |
[16:27] | Nope. | 不会 |
[16:29] | I’m fulfilling a long-time fantasy | 我一直有个梦想 |
[16:31] | of sharing a cold one with my favorite ballplayers. | 就是跟我最喜欢的球员分享一瓶啤酒 |
[16:35] | And after we’re done, | 这件事结束之后 |
[16:37] | we’re gonna play catch in the parking lot. | 我们可以在停车场练下接球 |
[16:40] | “Favorite,” huh? | “最喜欢的 ” 啊? |
[16:42] | I saw you pitch three times in triple-a, back when you were 19. | 在你19岁的时候 我看过你在Triple-a的三次投球 |
[16:46] | I mean, there wasn’t much to do in fresno as a 22-year-old deputy. | 我是说 这其实跟一个22岁的 弗雷斯诺的代理人没什么关系 |
[16:50] | I never saw you give up a run. | 你从没有放弃过比赛 |
[16:52] | After that, I followed everything you did in the bigs, | 自此之后 我会留意你的每个动向 |
[16:54] | your whole career. | 你的整个棒球生涯 |
[16:56] | Well, in that case, | 那么 既然这样 |
[16:58] | here’s to hoping I’ve still got a career when this is all through. | 希望这一切过去之后 我的事业还能顺利如昔 |
[17:10] | Now that I’ve come clean, | 那么 既然我这么坦诚 |
[17:12] | maybe you want to tell me about your relationship | 也许你愿意跟我谈谈 |
[17:15] | with the journalism teacher. | 你跟新闻学老师的关系 |
[17:18] | Miss Dumass, I believe her name is. | Dumass小姐 如果我没记错的话 |
[17:22] | Right. Here’s a picture of you two looking rather intimate. | 没错 这有一张看起来你们两个 关系匪浅的照片 |
[17:29] | I’m sorry about your loss, mr. Cook. | 对于你的痛苦 我很遗憾 Cook先生 |
[17:33] | But you’re gonna need to be a lot more up-front with me | 但是如果你想让我帮你 |
[17:35] | if you want me to work for you. | 你就应该要更加坦诚一点 |
[17:49] | Here’s the windup. | 球来了 |
[17:56] | Okay that was weird. | 哦 竟然没投准 |
[17:59] | Check out this one. | 看看这次 |
[18:03] | Here it comes, Jackie. | 看着 Jackie |
[18:07] | Just a bit outside. | 远了点 |
[18:09] | Man, I suck at this. | 我真不擅长这个 |
[18:13] | All right, that’s enough. Next! | 好了 够了 下一个 |
[18:15] | Sorry, Wallace. | 抱歉 Wallace |
[18:17] | Y’all are cool, man. | 你们都很不错 兄弟 |
[18:19] | Real cool. | 真得不错 |
[18:24] | Thanks | 谢谢 |
[18:26] | -Here you go. -Thank you! | -给你 -谢谢 |
[18:30] | So, are we winning? | 那么 我们赢了吗? |
[18:32] | What? | 什么? |
[18:33] | I feel like we’re in a contest with all the other couples… | 感觉就像我们在跟其它的情侣比赛… |
[18:35] | who can hold hands the longest? | 看谁牵手时间更长? |
[18:37] | I just don’t want to lose you in the crowd. | 我只是不想在人群中失散 |
[18:40] | Hey, aren’t you gonna introduce us? | 嘿 你要向小姐介绍一下我们吗? |
[18:42] | Wow, you guys are cute. | 喔 你们真可爱 |
[18:44] | Aren’t they? | 是不是? |
[18:46] | Like gerbils in love. | 就像恋爱中的沙鼠 |
[18:47] | Dick, don’t. | Dick 别这样 |
[18:48] | Chill, Beav. | 别担心 Beav |
[18:49] | I get to give the big brother speech here. | 只是作为哥哥我要说点什么 |
[18:51] | Just looking out for you. | 只是过来看看你怎么样 |
[18:52] | You don’t have to worry. He’s fine. | 你不用操心 他很好 |
[18:54] | Yeah? In good hands? | 真的? 在不可靠的人那? |
[18:56] | Because you’ve got to take it easy on my bro. | 因为对我弟弟你可要小心点 |
[18:58] | If you’re gonna pop his cherry, | 如果你想跟他亲密接触的话 |
[19:00] | hold back a little. | 悠着点 |
[19:01] | You are such an ass. | 你真是个混蛋 |
[19:01] | Don’t go busting out any tricks. | 别玩太多花样 |
[19:03] | Gentle and sweet. | 温柔甜蜜 |
[19:05] | You don’t want to spook him. | 别吓着他 |
[19:06] | Like right now, I know his hands are just dripping with sweat, | 就像现在 我知道他手心肯定在出汗 |
[19:09] | and you are so completely grossed out. | 而且你太让人恶心了 |
[19:12] | But you’re hanging in, and I dig that. | 但如果你们坚持 我理解 |
[19:14] | Oop, see how it just slipped right out? | 哦 看到手滑开了吗? |
[19:16] | Got to work on that, bro. | 继续吧 兄弟 |
[19:23] | -There you go. -Thank you! | -给你 -谢谢 |
[19:25] | Hey! | 嘿 |
[19:26] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[19:28] | I’m sorry. Did you want that? | 抱歉 你想要吗? |
[19:29] | No, I bought it for you. | 不了 是给你买的 |
[19:31] | Oh, you are sweet. | 哦 你太贴心了 |
[19:33] | So, I couldn’t help but notice that you are separated from the herd. | 我注意到你脱队了 |
[19:38] | And I’m concerned… you know, predators and all that. | 我很关心 你知道 食肉动物之类的 |
[19:40] | I can take care of myself. | 我能照顾自己 |
[19:41] | Well, that’s a shame. | 恩 不好意思 |
[19:45] | Dude. | 伙计 |
[19:47] | Okay. | 好啦 |
[19:48] | Boy, that sounds so unnatural coming from you. | 那个词从你嘴里说出来真不自然 |
[19:51] | I say “dude” all the time. | 我经常说 伙计 |
[19:52] | Nope, I don’t buy it. | 不 我不信 |
[19:54] | You know, you’re, like, | 你知道 你就像 |
[19:55] | I don’t know, like the hot daughter of a king | 我不知道 就像国王的漂亮女儿 |
[19:57] | that he marries off to get like, Denmark or something. | 就要嫁到丹麦之类的地方 |
[20:00] | You mean a princess. | 你是说公主 |
[20:01] | I’m only ever gonna call you princess now. | 我现在不会叫你公主的 |
[20:03] | No, you’re not. | 不 你会的 |
[20:04] | Princess. I am. | 公主 我叫了 |
[20:09] | My friend Dick’s working the slushie booth. | 我朋友Dick在slushie售卖亭那边工作 |
[20:11] | We should go pay him a visit. | 我们应该去看看他 |
[20:12] | He’s all about the royals. | 他就像个王室成员 |
[20:14] | I can’t. I’m here with my friends. | 不行 我是跟我朋友一起的 |
[20:17] | So? Go tell them you want to play with me for a little while. | 那么? 去告诉她们你想跟我呆会 |
[20:19] | What makes you think I want to? | 什么让你认为我会这么做? |
[20:21] | What makes you think it’s a good idea to pretend you don’t? | 什么让你口是心非? |
[20:36] | Cool. | 很好 |
[20:39] | Hey! | 嘿 |
[20:52] | Wow. | 喔 |
[20:53] | You’re almost turning blue. | 你变得这么沮丧 |
[21:02] | Next time I tell you to stay home, listen. | 下次我跟你说老实呆在家里 记住听话 |
[21:18] | Well, I don’t see no sign saying this is just for kids. | 我没看到任何标志说 只有儿童能玩 |
[21:23] | You see any signs? | 你看到什么标志了吗? |
[21:24] | I want that snake. | 我要那条蛇 |
[21:26] | You gonna let me in there or what? | 你要让我进去还是怎样? |
[21:31] | We have to empty the ball pit. | 我们要把球倒空 |
[21:32] | What? | 什么? |
[21:33] | It’s the perfect place, | 那中间 |
[21:34] | right in the middle of everything. | 是藏东西的好地方 |
[21:36] | Whoever stole the cash box could have just dumped it there. | 谁偷了现金盒子 都可能藏在那 |
[21:38] | We have to empty it. | 我们要清空它 |
[21:40] | And if you’re wrong? | 如果你错了呢? |
[21:42] | And that’s the last of it. | 那是最后一兜 |
[21:46] | Why would you even consider listening to her? | 为什么你会听她的? |
[21:49] | Principal… | 校长… |
[21:50] | and you’re taking directions from a teenage girl. | 听从一个十来岁女孩的指示 |
[21:53] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[21:54] | I’m really sorry about this. | 我为此感到抱歉 |
[21:57] | We’re gonna fill it back up. | 我们要把球放回去 |
[21:58] | Veronica Mars, you are just trouble, | 你就是个麻烦 |
[22:01] | all caps, underlined, written in bold… | 上限 底线 粗体字写… |
[22:03] | Tanya Flynn has been filming tonight for the video yearbook. | Tanya Flynn今晚为电子年鉴拍了点东西 |
[22:07] | Apparently she has footage that should prove to be interesting. | 很显然 她的底片里应该有点有趣的东西 |
[22:17] | One of your classmates was filming tonight for the video yearbook. | 你们的一个同学今晚为电子年鉴拍了点东西 |
[22:22] | Those of you we’ve asked to join us were in the vicinity of the cash box, | 在不幸的裸本事件发生时 |
[22:26] | right before the unfortunate streaking incident. | 在场各位都在现金盒子的附近 |
[22:32] | Your lockers are being searched as we speak. | 正如我们说的 你们的储物柜正在被搜查中 |
[22:40] | Even if you found money, | 你是你们找到了钱 |
[22:41] | there’s really no way of proving that it’s the stolen money. | 也没有办法证明那是失窃的钱 |
[22:44] | Not a lot of people carry 12 grand on them. | 会带着12000美元到处走的人可不多 |
[22:46] | Uh, I never leave the house without at least 13. | 呃 我下午一点之前都没离开过房子 |
[22:49] | Yeah, me either. | 恩 我也是 |
[22:51] | Actually, I got a $50 bill when I was working the slushie booth. | 事实上 我在slushie工作的时候 收到过一张50美元的钞票 |
[22:55] | It had the name “Nancy” | 上面有个名字 “Nancy” |
[22:57] | in black marker across the back, | 用黑色记号笔在背面写的 |
[22:59] | along with a phone number. | 旁边还有电话号码 |
[23:01] | That’s one way to know if it’s the cash-box money. | 这样就可以知道它是不是现金盒子里的钱 |
[23:05] | So are we gonna get to see the video? | 那么 我们是不是要看看录像? |
[23:31] | Look at Jackie. See? | 看Jackie 看到了吗? |
[23:32] | She’s hiding something in her jacket. | 她在往外套里藏什么东西 |
[23:34] | That was my gym bag with my bathing suit and towel. | 那是我放泳装和毛巾的运动包 |
[23:38] | You’re not getting away with anything, Missy. | 你逃不掉 小姑娘 |
[23:40] | I don’t care what your zip code is. | 我不管你住在什么地区 |
[23:41] | Trash is trash. | 垃圾就是垃圾 |
[23:43] | Mark my words. | 记住我的话 |
[23:48] | Look, just so you know, I take all my dates here. | 听着 你知道 我所有的约会都在这 |
[23:52] | I don’t want you to think you’re special or anything. | 我不想让你觉得自己特别或是什么 |
[23:54] | Uh, this isn’t a date. | 呃 这可不是约会 |
[23:57] | Um, I bought you a drink. | 恩 我给你买了饮料 |
[23:59] | And I won you a stuffed animal. | 而且我赢了你的绒毛玩具 |
[24:01] | Check your dictionary, princess. | 想想看 小公主 |
[24:03] | I haven’t had a date yet. | 我还没约会过 |
[24:05] | I’m kind of holding out for something special. | 我不是会拒绝特别的人 |
[24:08] | Wow, you are a princess. | 喔 你是个公主 |
[24:14] | Oh, look at him. | 哦 看看他 |
[24:15] | Have I taught him nothing? | 他什么都没从我这学到吗? |
[24:17] | He’s like some neutered eunuch nerd drone. | 他就像个恶心的性无能 |
[24:26] | “Bambi gasm.” Of the Boston gasms? | “Bambi gasm.” 波士顿的gasms? |
[24:30] | One would hope. | 有人会这么想 |
[24:34] | It was supposed to be the final fling. | 那估计是最后一次投球 |
[24:36] | The next thing I know, I’m living “Fatal Attraction”. | 我知道的下一件事就是 我活在 致命吸引力 之中 |
[24:39] | She didn’t even tell me that she was applying | 她甚至没告诉我 她申请了 |
[24:40] | for the teaching job at Neptune until she got it and moved here. | Neptune高中的教师工作 直到她搬到这 |
[24:43] | Then she started threatening me. | 然后她开始威胁我 |
[24:46] | She said if I didn’t end things | 她说如果我不跟我的未婚妻摊牌 |
[24:50] | that she would. | 她就会 |
[24:52] | Well, she did. | 她已经 她跟你未婚妻说了? |
[24:54] | And the wedding was off. | 婚礼告吹了 |
[24:58] | A secret tumultuous relationship with a teacher who died in the crash? | 跟一个事故中死去教师的秘密关系? |
[25:03] | It seems like more of a motive than supporting Woody’s plans | 听起来 这是比支持Woody的 |
[25:05] | for incorporation, don’t you think? | 合作计划更大的动机 你觉得呢? |
[25:26] | Whoa, sorry, | 喔 抱歉 |
[25:28] | but I can’t let you frisk me. | 但是我不能让你搜我身 |
[25:29] | She’s at an impressionable age. | 她可是个敏感的年纪 |
[25:30] | Remember when you and your buddy, Logan, | 还记不记得你跟你兄弟 Logan |
[25:33] | spindled our teacher’s car? | 整了老师的车? |
[25:35] | How did that work? | 那是怎么弄得? |
[25:37] | I’m not big on power tools, but | 我不是想要挟你 但是 |
[25:38] | I’m thinking that might involve some type of saw? | 我想应该会用到锯吧? |
[25:42] | I don’t know why you bother fishing here. You got a question, ask it. | 我不知道你为什么在这兜圈子 你有问题 就问 |
[25:44] | You seem to know a way to get into auto shop after hours. | 你好像知道营业时间结束之后 如何进出商店 |
[25:48] | It’s suspicious. | 很可疑 |
[25:49] | Well, then you’re suspicious of a lot of people. | 哦 那你要怀疑的人可就多了 |
[25:52] | All the guys who take shop make copies of mr. Dalton’s keys. | 每个去商店的人都复制 Dalton先生的钥匙 |
[26:10] | This is not how I thought I’d be spending my evening. | 我想象中的夜晚可不是这么渡过的 |
[26:40] | It’s the $50 bill with “Nancy” written on it. | 这是50美元的钞票 上面写着”Nancy” |
[26:42] | But there’s only about… | 但是这只有… |
[26:45] | $3,000 here. | 3,000美元 |
[26:47] | What? | 什么? |
[26:47] | Well, they probably hid the rest of it somewhere else, right? | 也许他们把剩下的钱藏在别的地方了 对吧? |
[27:00] | Or spent it already. | 或者已经花了 |
[27:03] | Let me see that class list. | 我看看班级名单 |
[27:06] | Locker 19. | 19号储物柜 |
[27:11] | Eduardo Verozco. | |
[27:14] | Is he a freshman? | 新生? |
[27:15] | Senior. | 高年级的 |
[27:18] | He goes by the name of Thumper. | 他用过Thumper的名字 |
[27:28] | I don’t even want to know what he uses this for. | 我都不想知道他用这个干什么 |
[27:30] | Can I see that for a second? | 我能看看吗? |
[27:34] | If only they’d put that kind of effort into their schoolwork. | 如果他们能把这工夫用在学习上 |
[27:40] | I’ll take that. | 我要拿走 |
[28:06] | What? | 怎么了? |
[28:10] | It was a bummer when Clemmons took my keys. | Clemmons拿我钥匙的时候像吃了兴奋剂 |
[28:13] | Of course, it made the 20 bucks I dropped | 当然 那花了我20美元 |
[28:15] | having them copied, a sound investment. | 复制它们 安全的投资 |
[28:20] | Mrs. Hauser may have seen an ill-conceived cutting board. | Hauser看到的也许是没用的刻板 |
[28:23] | I saw tagging. I saw code. | 我看到牌照 我看到的是代码 |
[28:27] | License plates. | 许可证 |
[28:52] | Great news. | 好消息 |
[28:53] | You didn’t steal the senior trip money. | 升学旅行的钱不是你偷的 |
[28:55] | Uh, good to know. | 呃 真是好消息 |
[28:56] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[28:57] | I’m about to watch mrs. Hauser squirm in her own personal hell. | 我正准备去看看Hauser太太 在她的小地方是如何局促不安 |
[29:01] | If you’re not doing anything… | 如果你没什么事的话… |
[29:06] | Great. | 很好 |
[29:08] | What kind of senior trip can we have with $3,000? | 3000美元能有什么样的旅行? |
[29:11] | Look who I found. | 看看我找到谁 |
[29:13] | Ms. Trashy trash. | 垃圾小姐 |
[29:15] | We marked your words before. | 我们记住了你说过的话 |
[29:18] | And I don’t know if you know this, | 但我不知道你是否知道 |
[29:19] | but they formed this, like, totally false accusation. | 这句话的形成 完全是错误的谴责 |
[29:24] | I know… “yikes.” I figured you might welcome the opportunity to apologize. | 我知道… 呀 我想这是你道歉的好机会 |
[29:36] | You didn’t steal the money. I’m sorry. | 钱不是你偷的 对不起 |
[29:39] | Totally worth it. | 真值了 |
[29:40] | Oh, I found this in a copy machine. | 哦 我在复印机里发现了这个 |
[29:50] | Where did you get this? This is my exam. | 你从哪找到的? 这是我的测验卷 |
[29:53] | In…the…copy machine. | 在……复印机里 |
[29:55] | Am I still speaking english? | 我说得够清楚吗? |
[29:57] | What were you doing at the copy machine? | 你在复印机那干吗? |
[29:59] | Making coffee. | 煮咖啡 |
[30:01] | This exam is locked up in my filing cabinet. | 这个测验卷是锁在我的文件柜里的 |
[30:04] | Not anymore. | 不再是了 |
[30:05] | The only question now is, who had access? | 现在的问题就是 谁能接触到这个? |
[30:09] | Who knows your code to the copy machine? | 有谁知道你复印机的密码? |
[30:11] | Just my student aide. | 只有我的学生助手 |
[30:15] | Perhaps when he borrowed your keys? | 也许他借了你的钥匙的时候? |
[30:18] | She’s trying to sabotage me. | 她在诬蔑我 |
[30:20] | I am, like, this close to beating her out for the Kane scholarship. | 我 就差这么点就可以打败她 得到Kane奖学金了 |
[30:24] | This is just like the stuff that she does. | 她才像做这种事的人 |
[30:26] | She planted it. | 她设了骗局 |
[30:27] | And for my next trick, | 我的下个诡计就是 |
[30:29] | I will take J.B. into the hallway, | 我带J.B.到走廊去 |
[30:31] | whisper a few magic words, and, when we return, | 悄悄说些魔咒 当我们回来的时候 |
[30:34] | he’ll confess. | 他就会承认一切 |
[30:35] | Yeah. Yeah, that will happen. | 是 没错 也许会发生 |
[30:37] | Don’t oversell it, J.B. people will think you’re a mark. | 别说太多 J.B. 人们会认为你是笨蛋的 |
[30:41] | Step right this way. | 往这请 |
[30:45] | Pretty bold move, | 大胆的行为 |
[30:46] | making a copy of mrs. Hauser’s test right under her nose. | 在Hauser太太眼皮底下 复印她的试卷 |
[30:50] | Oh, wow. Yeah, I confess. | 哦 喔 是 我坦白 |
[30:52] | But you knew she’d be distracted, didn’t you? | 但你知道她会分心的 是不是? |
[30:55] | You knew there would be streakers at precisely 4:00 P.M., didn’t you? | 你知道在4点整会有裸奔的人 是不是? |
[31:01] | Did you forget that I took pictures of last year’s Triton initiation? | 你还记得去年我在Triton开始的时候照的相片吗? |
[31:09] | I made a promise to a certain Triton that his secret was safe. | 我跟某个Triton成员承诺不会泄露秘密 |
[31:14] | But he’s long gone. | 但是他离开很久了 |
[31:16] | Uh, that still doesn’t prove… | 呃 那也不能证明… |
[31:19] | I’ll bet if we check the copy machine log, | 我敢打赌如果检查一下复印机的记录 |
[31:22] | it will tell us that copies were made with mrs. Hauser’s code, | 就会发现是用Hauser太太的密码打开复印的 |
[31:26] | say, 4:03, 4:04 P.M. | 在大约下午4:03 4:04 |
[31:29] | Should I call them over? | 要我把他们叫过来吗? |
[31:30] | You’re bluffing. | 你在虚张声势 |
[31:31] | The copy machine can’t do that. | 复印机没这种功能 |
[31:33] | Well, here’s your choice. | 恩 你可以选择 |
[31:35] | You can call my bluff, | 你可以认为我瞎掰 |
[31:36] | and we’ll all find out exactly what the copy machine can do. | 我们可以去看一下复印机到底有哪些功能 |
[31:39] | Of course, if you choose that option, | 当然 如果你选了这个 |
[31:42] | I’m posting this Tritons photo on your home page. | 我会把这张照片放到你的主页上 |
[31:46] | I’ve heard what happens to Tritons who reveal their secrets. | 我听说过泄露Tritons秘密的人的下场 |
[31:49] | I don’t have a home page. | 我没有主页 |
[31:50] | You will. | 你会有的 |
[31:51] | Then there’s option two… | 第二个选择… |
[31:53] | confession. Reveal your secret powers. | 坦白 把一切说出来 |
[32:05] | I stole the test. | 我偷了试卷 |
[32:07] | Ta-da! | |
[32:09] | Did she threaten you, J.B.? | 她威胁你了 J.B.? |
[32:11] | Don’t let her scare you. | 别让她吓倒你 |
[32:12] | If you didn’t steal that test, | 如果你没偷 |
[32:14] | then you shouldn’t… | 你应该… |
[32:14] | No. No. I stole it. | 不 不 是我偷的 |
[32:20] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么? |
[32:21] | Get down from there! | 下来 |
[32:24] | Miss Mars. | Mars小姐 |
[32:32] | This isn’t a sweater. | 这可不是运动衫 |
[32:35] | All right, cash! | 没错 现金 |
[32:37] | How did you know? | 你怎么知道的? |
[32:38] | How did you know to look up there? | 你怎么会注意到上面? |
[32:40] | I have to say… | 我不得不说… |
[32:44] | I grossly underestimated the usefulness of glitter. | 我小看了那些没用的亮片 |
[32:47] | Look at that. | 看看地上 |
[32:49] | Practically a perfect footprint. | 非常清晰的足迹 |
[32:51] | It shouldn’t be too hard to find. | 找到应该很容易 |
[32:52] | There are not that many people who wear heels to a carnival. | 没有多少人会穿着高跟鞋参加狂欢 |
[33:00] | Would you mind lifting up your foot, mrs. Hauser? | 你介不介意抬下脚 Hauser太太? |
[33:17] | You know, I’ve been walking in that glitter all day. | 你知道 我一整天都在那些亮片上走来走去 |
[33:19] | You can see it’s everywhere around my desk. | 你看到了 我桌子周围都是这些东西 |
[33:22] | So your shoes were very fancy | 那么你的鞋踩在现金盒子上时 |
[33:23] | when you were skimming off the top of the cash box. | 应该是格外夺目 |
[33:26] | My guess is mrs. Hauser helped herself to a few bills | 我的推测是Hauser太太在钱盒给我之前 |
[33:30] | long before she ever gave me the money. | 就把钱拿走了 |
[33:32] | Maybe we should take this into my office. | 也许我们应该把这拿到我的办公室 |
[33:37] | This would be a prime example of why I consider the advice of… | 这就是个最好的例子 为什么我会听取… |
[33:43] | some of my students. | 我一些学生的建议 |
[33:48] | Buck up, Maddie. | 振作起来 Maddie |
[33:49] | Senior trip is back on, sister. 6 grand. | 升学旅行又回来了 6000美元 |
[33:52] | We’re Magic Mountain-bound. | 我们是Magic Mountain-bound |
[33:54] | Oh. | 哦 |
[33:55] | You know there’s a ride called “The Viper”, right? | 你知道有种人叫做 小人 对么? |
[33:58] | Isn’t that, like, your mother ship? | 跟你很像 是不是? |
[34:03] | Mrs. Hauser, Thumper, J.B. | Hauser太太 Thumper J.B. |
[34:04] | Is there anyone here that isn’t a thief or a cheat? | 其中有不是小偷或者骗子的吗? |
[34:13] | Madison! | |
[34:15] | What you up to, girl? | 打算干点什么 姑娘? |
[34:17] | You feel like heading to my car for a quickie? | 感觉你打算到我车里跟我来一小段? |
[34:19] | I’ve moved on to older men, Dick. | 我兴趣转向成熟男人了 Dick |
[34:21] | Fewer quickies, more longies. | 少来点短的 多来点长的 |
[34:37] | The bad thing about thigh-highs. | 高筒袜的不好之处 |
[34:39] | Yeah. There’s nothing bad about thigh-highs. | 没错 没有比那更糟的了 |
[34:42] | I’m waiting to pick up my daughter. | 我在等着接我女儿 |
[34:44] | You mean your sister. | 你指的是你的姐妹吧 |
[34:46] | I mean my stepdaughter. | 我是说我的继女 |
[34:47] | I tend to marry older men. | 我跟一个年纪大的人结了婚 |
[34:49] | Then I mess around with the younger ones. | 然后就要跟些小的打交道了 |
[34:52] | Nice. | 很好 |
[34:54] | You know, I have about another half-hour to kill. | 你知道 我还要等半个小时 |
[34:58] | I get the feeling that you’re fantastic at killing time. | 我觉得跟你一起消磨时间应该不错 |
[35:02] | Oh, yeah. | 哦 没错 |
[35:11] | Would you stop trying to hold my hand? | 你能不能别在试图牵我的手了? |
[35:14] | Save it for the date, will you? | 把这仅仅当个约会 好不好? |
[35:19] | My ride is picking me up here. | 有人会来这接我 |
[35:27] | So I guess I’ll see you saturday. | 那么我们周六见 |
[35:29] | Mm-hmm. | 嗯 |
[35:31] | I’ll call you. | 我会给你打电话 |
[35:32] | Okay. | 好的 |
[35:40] | Just in case you don’t kiss on the first date. | 只是看看你会不会第一次约会就接吻 |
[35:55] | Hey, daddy. | 嘿 爸爸 |
[36:10] | What the hell was that? | 那是什么东西? |
[36:11] | What is that?! | 那是什么?! |
[36:13] | What do you call yours? | 你管自己的那个叫什么? |
[36:22] | You hit me, and you’ll suffer worse. I promise you. | 你打了我 你会感觉更糟 我保证 |
[36:26] | You remember Sally? | 还记得Sally吗? |
[36:35] | Would that you could spit out the memories. | 这样吐就能忘掉刚才的事吗 |
[36:39] | You knocked the hell out of that ball. | 你把球打出了球场 |
[36:41] | I’m in the stands. I’m climbing over people. | 我在看台上 我爬过人群 |
[36:44] | I’m under the seats. And by the time I got it, | 钻到座位底下 最后终于找到了它 |
[36:46] | I was covered in old beer and mustard and bruised and battered. | 我浑身是伤 身上布满了啤酒和芥末 |
[36:54] | It is not easy being a fan. | 当个球迷可不容易 |
[36:57] | Three career home runs, and you got one of them. | 我打球生涯中的三个本垒球 你拿到了其中一个 |
[36:59] | Unbelievable. | 难以置信 |
[37:02] | Oh, I think I need to call a cab. | 哦 我想该去叫辆出租车了 |
[37:07] | I’ll come pick up my car tomorrow. | 我明天过来取车 |
[37:14] | Uh, I just want to be sure. Are you, uh, | 呃 我只是想确认一下 你 呃 |
[37:17] | you taking my case? | 真的接了我的案子? |
[37:19] | That depends. | 看情况 |
[37:20] | Is there anything else you need to tell me? | 你没有什么要告诉我的了吗? |
[37:22] | I can’t think of anything. | 我想不到什么了 |
[37:24] | Well, I’m afraid I can’t. | 那我想我接不了 |
[37:26] | Why is that? | 为什么? |
[37:27] | Because you’re not coming clean with me. | 因为你对我不够坦诚 |
[37:29] | What? I’ve told you everything. | 什么? 我什么都告诉你了 |
[37:38] | I never bet on baseball. | 我不会用棒球打赌 |
[37:41] | I got a guy in a holding cell back there. | 我知道固定电话那边有个人 |
[37:45] | He says you did favors for gentlemen who bet extensively on baseball. | 他说你为在棒球上赌大钱 的绅士们服务 |
[37:51] | Is there anything you don’t know? | 还有什么你不知道的吗? |
[37:54] | Leslie was at my place when two goons broke in… | 那两个笨蛋闯进来的时候 Leslie在我那… |
[37:57] | Fitzpatricks, you know them? | Fitzpatricks家的 你知道他们吗? |
[37:58] | I do. | 知道 |
[38:00] | Well, they were trying to collect some money, | 他们正想办法弄钱 |
[38:04] | and Leslie overheard something that would ruin me. | Leslie无意中听到些对我不利的事情 |
[38:09] | No endorsements, no hall of fame. | 没有背书 没有证人 |
[38:11] | She said if I ever left her, she’d sell her story to a magazine. | 她说如果我离开她 她就把她的故事卖给杂志社 |
[38:15] | What could possibly be that bad? | 还有什么比这更惨的? |
[38:19] | Well, I guess there’s nothing else to say but good night. | 我想除了晚安没什么可说的了 |
[38:21] | I have a gambling problem. | 我有些赌博方面的麻烦 |
[38:23] | I’m aware of that. | 我知道 |
[38:23] | I got in pretty deep. | 我有很大的麻烦 |
[38:30] | I had to do some things that I’m not proud of. | 我不得不做些不光彩的事 |
[38:32] | Terrence, we can dance around this all night. | Terrence 我们可以彻夜长谈 |
[38:34] | I threw a game. | 我丢了场比赛 |
[38:38] | It was game 4 of the A.L.C.S. | A.L.C.S.的第四场比赛 |
[38:40] | A 3-run homer baylor hit off me. | 我本来可以打三个本垒球 |
[38:43] | 70-mile-per-hour curveball. | 每小时70英里的曲线球 |
[38:46] | Didn’t break. | 我没击到 |
[38:47] | Pure meat. | 白送的 |
[38:52] | Leslie heard all about it. | Leslie听到了来龙去脉 |
[38:55] | And that pitch, | 然后那个投球 |
[38:57] | it erased millions in debt. | 抹掉了百万的负债 |
[38:59] | That was when baseball players, they didn’t make what they make today. | 这就是棒球选手 否则他们根本就不会有今天 |
[39:03] | I was almost at that game. | 我差点就去了那场比赛 |
[39:06] | But Veronica gets the chicken pox. | 但是Veronica得了水痘 |
[39:12] | I was glued to the tv, | 我看了电视 |
[39:13] | with my jersey and my foam finger, | 穿着运动衫 手上起了水泡 |
[39:18] | a grown man. | 一个成年人 |
[39:20] | Pretty silly, huh? | 真傻 啊? |
[39:22] | You know what’s even more silly? | 你知道更傻得什么吗? |
[39:25] | The superstitious fan in me, | 我是个迷信的球迷 |
[39:28] | I thought we lost that game because I wasn’t there. | 我以为我们输了比赛的原因 是由于我没去看 |
[39:33] | I even felt a little guilty, like I let you guys down. | 我甚至感到自责 就像我让你们失望了 |
[39:38] | Then I thought, there’s always next year. | 然后我想 下一年还有机会 |
[39:41] | You guys never made it back. | 你们再也没赢回来 |
[39:47] | I’m $50 an hour plus expenses. | 我的收费是每小时50美元 其他费用另算 |
[39:53] | You’ll take my case? | 你接了我的案子? |
[39:56] | Why? | 为什么? |
[39:57] | You’re Terrence Cook. | 因为你是Terrence Cook |
[40:00] | You wouldn’t kill a bus full of kids. | 你不会杀一车的孩子 |
[40:03] | I still believe that. | 我仍相信这点 |
[40:26] | I’ve got a funny story for you. | 我要给你讲个有趣的故事 |
[40:28] | I call it “how Weevil got his new car.” | 我给它起名叫”Weevil是怎么得到他的新车” |
[40:33] | Well, are there pictures? Because I’m a little slow. | 有没有照片? 因为我有点跟不上 |
[40:36] | Remember that whole thing with Nancy’s number on the $50 bill? | 记不记得50美元钞票上 Nancy的电话号码的事? |
[40:41] | Yeah, I made it up. | 没错 是我做的 |
[40:45] | You got some skill, girl. | 你真有办法 |
[40:47] | The sheriff let your buddy, Thumper, go. | 治安官把你的兄弟 Thumper放了 |
[40:49] | The bag of pills you planted… ephedrine. | 你放在他储物柜的药… 麻黄素 |
[40:52] | There is one thing I can’t figure out, | 还有件事我弄不明白 |
[40:55] | and it’s pretty much driving me insane. | 弄得我快疯了 |
[40:58] | I know you broke Thumper’s lock, | 我知道你打破了Thumper的锁 |
[41:00] | just took off your own and put it on Thumper’s locker. | 拿掉你的 放到Thumper的柜子上 |
[41:04] | But I don’t know how you did it. | 但我不明白你是怎么做到的 |
[41:06] | Where did you hide the cash box? | 你把钱盒藏哪了? |
[41:07] | The two places you looked for it. | 你找过的两个地方 |
[41:10] | The cash box was in my niece’s backpack. | 钱盒在我侄女的背包里 |
[41:14] | Then she went into the ball pit, stashed the box. | 然后她去了球堆场 把盒子藏在那 |
[41:16] | We got the third degree from you, like I didn’t know that was coming. | 然后我们受到你的逼供 装作什么也不知道 |
[41:19] | Then she went back in and got the box. | 然后她回到那取出了盒子 |
[41:22] | While I was having the ball pit drained, | 在我把球都清出的时候 |
[41:24] | you were planting cash and ephedrine in Thumper’s locker. | 你就在把钱和麻黄素藏在 Thumper的储物柜里 |
[41:28] | Well, I had to go back later and add the incriminating $50 bill. | 我还要回去 做一个50美元的钞票 |
[41:33] | So when you rented “The Thomas Crown Affair,” McQueen or Brosnan? | 那么你租了 “The Thomas Crown Affair” 的时候 McQueen还是Brosnan? |
[41:40] | Is it your undying love for me or just good old-fashioned lust? | 这是你对我永恒的爱还是 只是一种原始的欲望? |
[41:44] | Qu? | |
[41:45] | That kept you from turning me in? | 所以你没告发我? |
[41:50] | Love…of roller coasters. | 航海者的…爱 |
[41:54] | And hatred of anything that requires me to tie a sweater over my shoulders | 对一切的憎恨让我在肩膀上披上毛衣 |
[41:58] | and be at sea with my classmates. | 跟我的同学一起在海上航行 |
[42:01] | Nothing to do with you. | 跟你没什么关系 |