时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Previously on Veronica Mars | 前情回顾 |
[00:02] | I know what happened. | 我知道发生了什么事 |
[00:05] | Dad, it’s Aaron Echolls. He did it. | 爸爸 是Aaron Echolls 是他干的 |
[00:07] | I have video of Lilly in his bed on the day she died. | 我有Lilly死的那天 和他上床的录像带 |
[00:09] | The Aaron Echolls/Lilly Kane sex tapes | Aaron Echolls和Lilly Kane的性爱录像带 |
[00:11] | have been stolen from the evidence room. | 被人从证据室偷走了 |
[00:12] | For a guy who says he hates his father, | 对于一个说对自己父亲恨之入骨的人来说 |
[00:14] | you sure did him a huge favor. | 你可帮了他一个大忙 |
[00:16] | What do you think you can do to me? | 你以为能对我做什么? |
[00:17] | I’ll think of something. | 我会想到的 |
[00:23] | Why don’t you do me a favor and drop that knife? | 你干吗不帮我个忙 把刀子扔了? |
[00:26] | I can handle the spice department, thank you very much. | 我能解决情趣问题 非常感谢 |
[00:29] | -Oh, really? -Really. | -哦 真的? -真的 |
[00:30] | I have information about that mexican kid who got killed. | 我有关于被杀的墨西哥孩子的消息 |
[00:33] | I’m the one who made the anonymous call. | 我就是打匿名电话的人 |
[00:35] | It’s not the guy from the bridge. | 他不是桥上的那个人 |
[00:36] | -You said the whole night was a blur. -I lied. | -你说过整晚天气都阴暗不清 -我撒谎了 |
[00:38] | Your dad is in deep to the Fitzpatrick family, | 你爸爸跟Fitzpatrick家关系匪浅 |
[00:41] | the ones who really wanted Felix dead. | 他们才是想要Felix死的人 |
[00:43] | Hannah? | |
[00:44] | I want you to get out of my house and never speak to her again. | 我要你立刻滚出我家 以后再也不要跟她说话 |
[00:47] | You better rethink what you saw on the bridge. | 你最好再回忆一下在桥上看到了什么 |
[00:48] | I promised a cleaner, safer Neptune. | 我承诺了一个更加干净 安全的Neptune |
[00:50] | Want to know how I’m going to get there? Incorporation. | 想知道如何做到吗? 合并 |
[00:53] | That’s not a town, Woody. | 那不是个镇 Woody |
[00:54] | That’s a country club. | 那是乡村俱乐部 |
[00:55] | Now, I know some of you. | 我认识你们中的一些人 |
[00:57] | I even coached a few of you back in little league. | 我甚至还是后排的一些人的教练 |
[00:59] | I thought I’d invite the journalism classes out and | 我想我要邀请新闻班的出去 |
[01:02] | give Gia a chance to make some new friends. | 也让Gia有机会交些新朋友 |
[01:04] | Hello, friend. | 你好 朋友 |
[01:05] | Special guest, future hall-of-famer Terrence Cook. | 特别来宾 未来的名人 Terrence Cook |
[01:09] | We’re not taking that stank-ass bus back to Neptune. | 我们不做那辆烂大巴回 Neptune |
[01:12] | My dad’s sending a limo. | 我爸爸给了我一辆小轿车 |
[01:18] | It just went straight off the cliff. | 大巴直冲下了悬崖 |
[01:20] | They’re all dead. | 他们都死了 |
[01:21] | Mr. David “Curly” Moran. | David Curly Moran先生 |
[01:23] | What does this have to do with me? | 这跟我有什么关系? |
[01:26] | His body washed up on the beach, beaten to death. | 他的尸体被冲上了沙滩 被人殴打致死 |
[01:29] | It looks as though Curly and I have a friend in common. | 看起来Curly和我有一个共同的 朋友 |
[01:32] | “All these years still on ‘The Long Haul'”… | |
[01:35] | it’s a movie featuring a signature stunt | 这是一部电影里的重头戏 |
[01:37] | where a truck is sent veering over a bridge. | 一辆卡车冲下了桥 |
[01:39] | Balboa county sheriff Don Lamb questions baseball legend Terrence Cook | Balboa小镇治安官Don Lamb 怀疑棒球巨人Terrence Cook |
[01:43] | in connection with the Neptune high bus crash. | 与Neptune高中大巴失事案件有关 |
[01:46] | You’ll take my case? | 你要接我的案子? |
[01:47] | You sure you’re not clouded by your years of being his biggest fan? | 你确定自己是他多年球迷这件事 对你没有影响? |
[01:51] | A secret tumultuous relationship with a teacher who died in the crash? | 跟一个在大巴失事中死去的教师的秘密关系? |
[01:55] | It seems like more of a motive | 跟支持Woddy的合并计划相比 |
[01:57] | than supporting Woody’s plans for incorporation. | 这个 明显动机要大得多 |
[01:59] | That’s why you didn’t take the bus home? | 所以你没坐大巴回家? |
[02:00] | Actually, my dad told me not to. | 事实上 是我爸爸不让我坐的 |
[02:02] | I mean, he must’ve been totally psychic or something. | 我是说 他肯定有心灵感应或是什么的 |
[02:05] | Are you keeping a dead rat in our freezer? | 你在冰箱里养了只死老鼠? |
[02:07] | I found it on the bus. | 我是在大巴上发现的 |
[02:09] | It was a message for me. I’m the rat. | 对我来说这意味着 我就是叛徒 |
[02:11] | A dead rat’s only talent… | 死老鼠的唯一特点就是… |
[02:13] | it smells bad enough | 闻起来足够臭 |
[02:15] | to drive anyone who could afford another ride off the bus. | 臭的能让人想跳车 |
[02:18] | So what if we want to make money selling dope to rich, white boys? | 那么 我们想卖点大麻给有钱的白人 |
[02:21] | Is that such a bad thing? | 这事就那么差劲吗? |
[02:22] | Hold on, man. | 慢着 伙计 |
[02:23] | You killed Felix, didn’t you?! | 你杀了Felix 是不是?! |
[02:25] | That’s an interesting theory, Eli. | 很有趣的说法 Eli |
[02:28] | But before you think about spreading it around, | 但在把这事传出去之前 |
[02:30] | I think you should see something. | 我想你应该先看点东西 |
[02:31] | That night you nearly kicked Curly’s head in? | 那晚 你几乎打爆了Curly的头? |
[02:33] | I’m using my trust fund to start a real-estate business. | 我打算用我的信托基金做点地产生意 |
[02:36] | You would be the face of the Phoenix Land Trust. | 而凤凰土地公司肯定会信任你 |
[02:39] | Jackie and I borrowed one of Terrence’s cars tonight. | Jackie和我借用了Terrence的一辆车 |
[02:42] | I was digging around where he keeps them, | 我在他放东西的地方找螺丝起子的时候 |
[02:44] | and I found some sort of explosive and detonators. | 我找到某种爆炸物和雷管 |
[02:51] | Veronica, are you absolutely sure what you saw in that hangar were explosives? | Veronica 你绝对确定你在飞机棚里 看到的是爆炸物吗? |
[02:57] | And detonators. | 还有雷管 |
[02:59] | Pretty sure. | 非常肯定 |
[03:01] | They were marked “C4.” | 上面有”C4.”的标志 |
[03:09] | Maybe Terrence has a legitimate use for them. | 也许Terrence有合理的原因使用它们 |
[03:12] | Trout fishing? | 钓鲑鱼? |
[03:15] | Anyone else know about this? | 还有谁知道这件事吗? |
[03:17] | Jackie was with me, but she didn’t see anything. | Jackie和我在一起 但她什么也没看到 |
[03:22] | What are you gonna do? | 你打算怎么做? |
[03:23] | I’m gonna get dressed. | 我要去换衣服 |
[03:25] | Come again? | 又来了? |
[03:27] | Explosives… | 爆炸物… |
[03:28] | they’re in the hangar where Terrence keeps his cars. | 放在Terrence放车的飞机棚里 |
[03:31] | Your Terrence, | 你的Terrence |
[03:32] | the same Terrence who had nothing to do with the bus crash, | 跟那个与大巴失事毫无关系 |
[03:34] | who couldn’t possibly have made the call that detonated the bomb? | 不可能打电话引爆炸弹的 是同一个Torrence? |
[03:38] | Veronica saw them firsthand. | Veronica亲眼见到的 |
[03:40] | Oh, well, Veronica saw them. | 哦 Veronica看见的 |
[03:42] | That’s like moses bringing tablets down the mountain to me. | 就像是摩西从山上给我带来了信息 |
[03:44] | Why don’t you get a search warrant, sheriff, and see for yourself? | 你干吗不申请搜查令 自己去看看呢 治安官? |
[03:47] | Could take a while. | 得等会了 |
[03:48] | Judge Carlton is fly-fishing at Bighorn… | Carlton去Bighorn钓鱼了… |
[03:52] | unless you’ve got a canoe. | 除非你能找个独木舟 |
[03:54] | You might want to post someone… | 也许你应该通知… |
[03:55] | outside the hangar? You think? | 就在飞机棚外面? 你觉得呢? |
[03:59] | Tonight, “Tinseltown Diaries” examines the rise and fall | 今晚 “小镇日记” 将会审视 |
[04:03] | of one of Hollywood’s brightest stars. | 好莱坞一个最耀眼明星的升起与坠落 |
[04:06] | Choirboy, | 少年歌者 |
[04:07] | cub scout, | 童子军 |
[04:08] | starving actor, | 挨饿的演员 |
[04:09] | megastar, | 巨星 |
[04:11] | husband, | 丈夫 |
[04:12] | father, | 父亲 |
[04:14] | adulterer, | 通奸者 |
[04:16] | cradle robber, | 娈童者 |
[04:17] | murderer. | 杀人犯 |
[04:19] | Who is the real Aaron Echolls? | 哪个才是真正的Aaron Echolls? |
[04:21] | Can you look right in the camera and tell America you’ve done nothing wrong? | 你能看着摄像机跟美国人民说你没做错事吗? |
[04:26] | I’ve made mistakes, | 我做了错事 |
[04:28] | but I swear on my life I did not kill Lilly Kane. | 但我用我的生命发誓 Lilly Kane不是我杀的 |
[04:31] | Switch it? | 换台? |
[04:33] | Dude, are you kidding? | 伙计 你开玩笑? |
[04:34] | Don’t you want to see how it ends? | 你不想看看结尾吗? |
[04:36] | Almost as famous as the man himself | 几乎跟他本人一样出名 |
[04:37] | are the other members of Echolls’ family, | Echolls家里的其他成员 |
[04:40] | their sordid lives an endless source of tabloid fodder. | 他们肮脏的生活 成为无边无尽的小道消息的素材 |
[04:44] | Dude, your dad’s really leaned out in the big house. | 伙计 你爸爸在那混得很开 |
[04:47] | Probably all those tossed salads, huh? | 没准都是些社会民主自由党 啊? |
[04:49] | After an avalanche of stories about Aaron’s infidelities | 在Aaron对家庭不忠的一系列报道 |
[04:52] | made headlines last year, | 成为去年的头条之后 |
[04:53] | wife Lynn’s car was found stranded on the Coronado Bridge, | 妻子Lynn的车被发现停在Coronado大桥中间 |
[04:57] | where she is assumed to have leapt to her death. | 她被认为在那里结束自己的生命 |
[05:01] | Rumors of Echolls’ sometimes-actress daughter trina’s terminal illness | Echolls家做临时演员的女儿 trina的不治之症 |
[05:05] | were recently revealed to be a hoax. | 最近被发现是一场骗局 |
[05:08] | And son Logan’s rocky relationship with the media and the law | 儿子Logan与媒体和司法的粗暴关系 |
[05:12] | began last year when he organized and videotaped a series of bum fights. | 始于去年他被拍摄下参与一系列暴力事件 |
[05:18] | Today the youngest Echolls is, | 现在 年轻的Echolls |
[05:20] | like his old man, awaiting trial, | 像他的父亲一样 在等待审判 |
[05:23] | accused in the stabbing death of a local gang member. | 被指控刺杀了一名当地的帮会成员 |
[05:25] | A murder that took place on the infamous Coronado Bridge, | 发生在声名狼藉的Coronado上的谋杀事件 |
[05:28] | That’s who you’re dating? | 这就是在跟你约会的人? |
[05:32] | Through it all, | 经过这一切 |
[05:33] | Aaron has steadfastly denied any guilt in the murder | Aaron仍然否认谋杀 |
[05:36] | of friend Jake Kane’s only daughter. | 他的朋友Jake Kane的独生女 |
[05:38] | What about the sex tapes? | 关于性爱录带呢? |
[05:40] | What tapes? | 什么录像带? |
[05:41] | My counsel has requested copies from the prosecution. | 我的辩护律师已经申请了察看审判的副本 |
[05:44] | Where are they? | 但是在哪? |
[05:46] | I don’t think they exist. | 我不认为录像带存在 |
[05:47] | I’ve said all along it’s her brother they should be looking at… | 我已经说过他们应该注意的 是Lilly的兄弟… |
[05:51] | Duncan Kane. | |
[05:52] | He’s got a history of violence. | 他有使用暴力的历史 |
[05:54] | Now he’s fled the country. | 现在他正在逃亡 |
[05:56] | He’s wanted for kidnapping. | 正因为绑架而被通缉 |
[05:58] | Aaron Echolls is currently in custody in the Balboa county prison. | Aaron Echolls现正被监管在Balboa国家监狱 |
[06:01] | [Virgina Williams – “I want you to want me”] Originally performed by Cheap Trick | |
[06:03] | Veronica? | |
[06:05] | Oh, hey, Jane. | 哦 嘿 Jane |
[06:07] | I think those are our drinks. | 那好像是我们的饮料 |
[06:09] | And you want me to bring them to you | 你想让我端过去 |
[06:12] | versus watching them get cold from across the room? | 而不是等凉了? |
[06:14] | Got it. | 明白了 |
[06:19] | I want you to want me | |
[06:23] | I need you to need me | |
[06:26] | My sister, Heidi. | 我姐姐 Heidi |
[06:29] | The bride-to-be? | 要结婚的那个? |
[06:32] | More like the bride-to-beat. | 更像是搞不懂的新娘 |
[06:34] | She’s only marrying Paul Mann. | 她要嫁给 Paul Mann |
[06:37] | The Manns are, like, | Manns就像 |
[06:38] | the oldest money in Neptune. | Neptune的老财主 |
[06:39] | You mean like from the ’80s? | 你说他像来自80年代的? |
[06:41] | I want you to want me | |
[06:45] | please tell me they invented the fishnet muscle shirt. | 拜托告诉我他们发明了鱼网衬衫 |
[06:51] | Oh, I want you to want me-e-e | |
[07:08] | Honey, next time, | 亲爱的 下一次 |
[07:10] | please hold the mike in your right hand | 记得下次用右手拿麦克风 |
[07:12] | because you nearly blinded the audience with your rock. | 因为你的摇滚让观众太兴奋了 |
[07:14] | [Operetta “The Pirates of Penzance” – “I Am The Very Model of Modern Major-General”] | |
[07:17] | Wow! | 喔 |
[07:18] | Somebody parked a diamond Volkswagen on your finger. | 有个人把钻石汽车停在你的手指上了 |
[07:21] | It’s ours. We wants it. | 它是我们的 我们想要 |
[07:23] | No, it’s mine… | 不 是我的… |
[07:26] | along with the gorgeous, | 带着绚烂 |
[07:28] | brilliant, sweetheart of a man that goes with it. | 闪耀 甜蜜的男人心 |
[07:32] | Aw. | 啊 |
[07:33] | I have to say we don’t get that many bachelorette parties at The Hut. | 我得说我们这没有那么多的未婚女子聚会 |
[07:37] | This is just the first stop of the no-holds-barred bacchanalia! | 这只是彻夜狂饮酒神节的第一站 |
[07:44] | Coffee up, ladies. | 把咖啡举起来 女士们 |
[07:47] | It’s a bachelorette scavenger hunt. | 这是消灭未婚之旅 |
[07:49] | “One… sing slutty song publicly. | “第一… 公开唱放荡歌曲 |
[07:52] | Two… talk a man out of his underwear.” | 第二… 跟一个穿着内衣的男人交谈” |
[07:54] | Done and done. | 完成 完成 |
[08:01] | Say “cheez whiz.” | 说 “cheez whiz.” |
[08:06] | All righty, then. Well, if you wind up getting to number 8, | 好吧 如果你们结束这里准备去8号的时候 you wind up |
[08:08] | be sure and bring mouthwash. | 记得带上漱口水 |
[08:25] | Oh, you looky-loos with your police-band radios and your free time. | 哦 你到处闲逛 看起来糟透了 |
[08:30] | What did you find? | 你找到什么了? |
[08:32] | All right, people, | 好了 各位 |
[08:33] | back it on up. | 收拾好准备撤退 |
[08:34] | There’s nothing to see here. | 这没什么可找的了 |
[08:37] | Is that C4? | 那是C4吗? |
[08:39] | Did the bomb squad confirm it? | 防爆组确认了吗? |
[08:41] | Sir, this is a police matter. | 先生 这是警察的事 |
[08:44] | You’ll have to wait for the press conference like everyone else. | 你应该像其他人一样等着新闻发布会 |
[09:00] | Veronica. | |
[09:01] | Hey, party girl. | 嘿 舞会女孩 |
[09:02] | I need your help. | 我需要你的帮助 |
[09:03] | Let me guess, | 我猜猜 |
[09:04] | the “pin the penis on the fireman” game ended in tears? | 跟消防员的鬼混最后以眼泪结束? |
[09:06] | My sister’s missing. | 我姐姐不见了 |
[09:11] | A long time ago, | |
[09:13] | We used to be friends, but I | |
[09:16] | Haven’t thought of you lately at all. | |
[09:21] | Come on, now, sugar! | |
[09:23] | Bring it on, bring it on, yeah! | |
[09:26] | Just remember me when | |
[09:29] | We used to be friends | |
[09:31] | A long time ago | |
[09:34] | We used to be friends | |
[09:36] | Veronica Mars 2×15 The Quick And The Wed | |
[09:39] | See appendixes for songs infos, available upon french translation. | |
[09:43] | Heidi’s friends dropped her off at 2:00 in the morning. | Heidi的朋友凌晨两点跟她分开的 |
[09:45] | She missed her final dress fitting at 10:00. | 10点最后试衣服时 她没来 |
[09:47] | We figured she was hung over, | 我们以为她睡过头了 |
[09:49] | but we went by her place. | 但我们去了她家 |
[09:51] | Called everyone. No one’s seen her. No one’s heard from her. | 我们给所有人打了电话 没人见过她 她也没联系任何人 |
[09:55] | Her cellphone goes right to voice mail. | 她的手机转到了语音信箱 |
[09:57] | Did you check the hospitals? | 你们去医院查了吗? |
[09:58] | My mom did. | 我妈妈去了 |
[10:00] | Here’s the thing. | 是这样的 |
[10:01] | My sister’s great, | 我姐姐是个很棒的人 |
[10:02] | but she’s… | 但是她… |
[10:03] | She’s kind of a dingbat sometimes. | 就是有时候有点傻 |
[10:09] | What? | 怎么了? |
[10:10] | The last time we all went to the beach, | 上次我们一起去海滩 |
[10:12] | Heidi almost drowned herself trying to swim with the dolphins. | Heidi差点淹死 就因为她想和海豚一起游泳 |
[10:16] | I’m just afraid she’s having a Heidi moment | 我只是怕她在经历Heidi的时光 |
[10:18] | and she’s gonna mess up her life. | 她会毁了自己的生活 |
[10:20] | We have to find her before the wedding. | 我们必须在婚礼前找到她 |
[10:21] | Paul and his family cannot find out she’s gone. | Paul和他家人不会发现Heidi不见了 |
[10:24] | Aren’t they gonna miss her? I mean, doesn’t she have wedding stuff to do? | 他们会不会是错过了? 我是说 她会不会是有些婚礼方面的事要做? |
[10:27] | There’s a wedding planner | 有婚礼策划师 |
[10:28] | and Paul’s parents are pretty much doing everything else. | 而且Paul的父母把一切都准备好了 |
[10:30] | What about the rehearsal dinner? | 婚礼预演呢? |
[10:31] | You thinking a stunt double? | 想没想过找替身? |
[10:32] | There isn’t one. | 没有预演 |
[10:33] | It’s gonna be a tiny ceremony… immediate family only… | 只是一个小仪式… 只邀请了家庭成员… |
[10:36] | then 500 at the reception. | 招待会 会有500 |
[10:38] | When’s the wedding? | 婚礼是什么时候? |
[10:40] | Saturday, | 周六 |
[10:41] | as in three days from now. | 距现在还有三天 |
[10:44] | At 10:17 this morning, | 今早10:17 |
[10:46] | a warrant for the arrest of Terrence Cook was issued, | Terrence Cook的逮捕令已经签署下来了 |
[10:48] | charging him with eight counts of murder in the first degree. | 以八起一级谋杀罪名对他提出控告 |
[10:51] | Sheriff, you picked him up for questioning | 治安官 你在起诉他之前 |
[10:52] | before without charging him. | 就对他进行了审问 |
[10:54] | Is there new evidence? | 有什么新的证据吗? |
[10:55] | Explosives were found matching the type used in the bus crash | 与爆炸事件相符的爆炸物 |
[10:58] | in hangar space used by mr. Cook to house his fleet of automobiles. | 在Cook先生拥有的用来停放汽车的 飞机棚中被发现 |
[11:02] | Do you have mr. Cook in custody? | 你们已经逮捕了Cook先生吗? |
[11:04] | No, not yet. But if he runs, | 不 还没有 但是如果他打算逃跑 |
[11:07] | he’s not gonna get far. | 他跑不了多远 |
[11:13] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[11:14] | Do you mind helping me out? | 你介意帮我个忙吗? |
[11:16] | A friend’s sister is missing… a runaway bride thing. | 一个朋友的姐姐不见了… 落跑新娘之类的 |
[11:19] | Her name is Heidi Kuhne. | 名字是Heidi Kuhne |
[11:20] | Veronica. Aren’t you supposed to be at school, | Veronica 你是不是应该在学校 |
[11:22] | doing schooly type stuff? | 学习呢? |
[11:24] | That’s why I want you to run her phone records, pops. | 所以我才让你跟踪她的电话记录 爸爸 |
[11:28] | You can do this in your sleep. Come on. | 你睡着了也能做的 行吗 |
[11:30] | All right, just as long as… | 好吧 只要… |
[11:32] | both cell and home, please, | 手机和座机的都要 |
[11:34] | and you might as well check her credit cards | 最好也查查她的信用卡 |
[11:35] | and ATM activity while you’re at it. | 和自动存款机的存取纪录 |
[11:37] | Is there anything else, darling? | 还有其他的吗 亲爱的? |
[11:38] | Hey, I’m sorry about Terrence. | 嘿 关于Terrence我很抱歉 |
[11:40] | Yeah, me too. | 是啊 我也是 |
[11:50] | So, you want to come over after school? | 那么 你放学后想过来吗? |
[11:53] | The words out of your mouth are “come over”, | 过来这个词 从你嘴里说出来 |
[11:55] | but all I hear you saying is “let’s have sex”. | 就像 让我们做爱吧 |
[11:57] | Excuse me? | 什么? |
[11:59] | All I heard you say was “let’s have sex”. | 我听到的就是你说 让我们做爱吧 |
[12:04] | Toying with a sweet little girl’s heart just to screw with her dad? | 玩弄小女孩的心 就为了跟她爸爸周旋? |
[12:09] | I get it. | 我明白了 |
[12:11] | San Quentin isn’t quite as enticing as, say, college. | San Quentin并不像 呃 大学 那么诱人 |
[12:15] | But, damn, you’ve really plumbed new depths, Logan. | 但是 妈的 你玩得又进入新层次了 Logan |
[12:20] | You’re cute when you’re jealous. | 你嫉妒的时候真可爱 |
[12:26] | Did Heidi say anything about being unhappy or having second thoughts? | Heidi有没有说过不幸福或重新考虑之类的吗? |
[12:32] | No, she’s more of the “act now, think later” type of girl. | 没有 她更倾向于是感情用事的人 |
[12:36] | Her first love, Nick, | 她的初恋 Nick |
[12:38] | she had his name tattooed on her ass after a week. | 一星期之后她把他的名字纹在了屁股上 |
[12:41] | It was two weeks, | 两个星期后 |
[12:43] | and she had it removed. | 她洗下去了 |
[12:45] | When? She didn’t tell me. | 什么时候? 她没告诉我 |
[12:47] | It took like six weeks. | 大约6个星期了 |
[12:48] | That’s why she waited so long to sleep with Paul. | 所以她等了很久才跟Paul上床 |
[12:51] | She didn’t want him to see it. | 她不想让Paul看到 |
[12:52] | And he thinks he found himself the last nice girl. | Paul认为他找到了世界上最后一个好女孩 |
[12:55] | Oh, my god, did you guys hear about Nick’s mother? | 哦 天哪 你们听说Nick的妈妈了吗? |
[12:57] | She fell off her roof putting up a satellite dish. | 她为了安卫星电视从房顶上掉下来了 |
[13:00] | Okay, let’s try to stay on topic. | 好了 我们言归正传 |
[13:04] | Did anything out of the ordinary happen last night? | 昨晚有没有发生什么不寻常的事? |
[13:06] | Packaged meat was pretty extraordinary. | 包装肉很不寻常 |
[13:10] | I lost my cellular phone. | 我的手机丢了 |
[13:12] | Packaged? | 包装的? |
[13:13] | The all-male revue we took her to. | 我们带她去的男人帮的短剧表演 |
[13:15] | There was this guy creeping her out at the happy horseshoe. | 演happy horseshoe的时候 有个人让她很不舒服 |
[13:18] | She said she’s seen him before, | 她说她以前见过那个人 |
[13:20] | like he was following her. | 好像他跟踪过她 |
[13:21] | She had the bouncers kick him out. | 她让保镖把他轰出去了 |
[13:23] | Did any of you see him? | 你们有人看见他吗? |
[13:26] | When you were here, you were taking pictures. | 你们在这的时候 一直在照相 |
[13:28] | Jen got one of those novelty disposable cameras, | Jen有个新款的一次性相机 |
[13:31] | the ones where the prints come out with penises around the borders. | 就是那种打印出来的照片 周围有阴茎装饰的 |
[13:35] | Lovely. | 很可爱 |
[13:36] | Where’s the camera? | 照相机在哪? |
[13:37] | I gave it to Heidi. | 我给Heidi了 |
[13:39] | I think she took it with her. | 我想她应该带在身边 |
[13:41] | Thank you, ladies, for all your help. | 谢谢你们的帮助 女士们 |
[13:42] | If I were a novelty camera, where would I be? | 如果我有个新款的照相机 我会去哪? |
[13:50] | Be it ever so disgusting, | 这么乱 |
[13:52] | there’s no place like Heidi’s. | 一点都不像Heidi的 |
[13:54] | Okay, her apartment being ransacked? | 好吧 她的公寓被彻底搜查过? |
[13:56] | Not a good sign. | 这不是好现象 |
[13:58] | It’s okay. This is how it always looks. | 没关系 经常这样 |
[14:02] | It should be easy to find a camera in this, don’t you think? | 找到照相机会容易点 是不是? |
[14:08] | Two wine glasses… | 两个酒杯… |
[14:09] | you sure she wasn’t expecting company? | 你确定她没在等人? |
[14:12] | I’m sure. | 我确定 |
[14:14] | She left her cellphone charger. | 她把手机充电器留在这了 |
[14:16] | Might be why she’s not returning calls. | 也许 这就是她没回电话的原因 |
[14:19] | Can you tell if she packed a bag? | 你能看得出来她是不是在打包吗? |
[14:22] | You’re kidding, right? | 你开玩笑 是不是? |
[14:29] | Hi! | 嗨 |
[14:37] | So, how are you doing, boss? | 那么 你觉得怎么样 老板? |
[14:40] | Me? Well, I’m holding up my end. | 我? 好得不得了 |
[14:43] | I got six more properties added to the Phoenix Land Trust portfolio, | 我拿到了凤凰地产公司的六份合同 |
[14:46] | two of which are beachfront. | 其中两个还是沿海地区的 |
[14:49] | You would not believe the deals that I’ve gotten. | 你想象不到我拿到了多好的生意 |
[14:52] | That’s good. | 很好 |
[14:53] | Yeah, but we’re out of capital. That’s bad. | 是的 但是我们没钱了 这可太差了 |
[14:55] | Maybe it’s time to think outside the box, | 也许我们应该想想其他的招 |
[14:57] | you know, find new revenue streams. | 你知道 寻找新的投资者 |
[14:59] | You know that all the investors believe that your dad is pulling the strings? | 你知道 所有的投资者都认为 是你爸爸在幕后操纵 |
[15:03] | I know. | 我知道 |
[15:08] | I did hear the Kane house is going up for sale. | 我听说Kane家的房子准备出售了 |
[15:10] | It’s the wrong side of town. The deals are all south. | 那的地理位置不太好 交易一般都在南面 |
[15:13] | I think we should buy it. | 我觉得我们应该买下它 |
[15:14] | What have I told you about thinking? | 我是怎么告诉你该如何思考的? |
[15:17] | That it makes my breasts smaller? | 那会让我的胸部小点? |
[15:20] | Have you ever considered that maybe I’m the clever one, | 你有没有想过我才是有脑子的那个 |
[15:25] | that this delightful packaging | 这种光鲜靓丽的包装 |
[15:28] | is a means to outwitting my adversary? | 是骗过敌手的方式? |
[15:32] | Consider it? | 考虑? |
[15:35] | I’m banking on it. | 我全指赖着呢 |
[15:39] | But have you considered that you’re my adversary? | 但是你有没有想过你是我的对手? |
[15:45] | My name’s on everything, right? | 所以的东西都是我的名字 对吧? |
[15:52] | Oh, yes, it is. | 哦 是的 没错 |
[15:56] | So, they’ve set a trial date 60 days from today. | 那么 他们决定60天后开庭审理 |
[16:01] | Whatever will I wear? | 我穿什么无所谓吧? |
[16:03] | The D.A. Is offering a one-time deal… a plea bargain. | 地方检察院提供了一次性交易… 已经过法庭批准 |
[16:06] | Well, I’m not interested. | 不感兴趣 |
[16:07] | You should be. | 你应该感兴趣的 |
[16:08] | They’re talking involuntary manslaughter. | 他们谈到了过失杀人 |
[16:10] | That brings your maximum sentence down from 11 years to 4. | 这会使你的最大刑期从11年降到4年 |
[16:14] | With good behavior… if you could muster some… | 表现良好的话… 如果你能召集某个… |
[16:16] | you’d be out in half that. | 一半的时间你就可以出来 |
[16:18] | Two years? | 两年? |
[16:20] | Logan, let me remind you the prosecution has witnesses, | Logan 我要提醒你 起诉是有证人的 |
[16:24] | the good kind… | 对他们有利… |
[16:26] | eyewitnesses. | 目击证人 |
[16:27] | Cholo lowlifes and a lying, cokehead plastic surgeon. | 卑鄙 谎话满天 而且还是瘾君子的整形医生 |
[16:30] | A prominent, well-respected cokehead doctor. | 有名的 受人尊敬的瘾君子医生 |
[16:33] | And how many jurors you think we can find in Neptune | 你认为在Neptune 有多少陪审员 |
[16:35] | who haven’t been exposed to your winning charm | 没有在“小镇日记”中 |
[16:37] | in the “Tinseltown Diaries”? | 看过你的丑态? |
[16:39] | Jurors love convicting smug, rich boys. It’s a fact. | 陪审员喜欢指控自鸣得意 有钱的孩子 这是事实 |
[16:43] | I’ve asked around… and I hope this isn’t news to you… | 我问了附近的人… 希望对你来说 这不新鲜… |
[16:46] | but no one likes you. | 没有人喜欢你 |
[16:48] | Even if I had stabbed Felix, | 即使是我刺杀了Felix |
[16:50] | which I didn’t, it would’ve been self-defense. | 虽然不是我干的 那也是自卫 |
[16:53] | I got jumped by a gang. Argue that. | 我被帮会成员袭击 想想这个理由 |
[16:55] | I plan to, but the doctor didn’t see a gang. | 我是打算这么做的 但是医生说 他并没有看到任何帮会成员 |
[16:58] | He saw three bikers, | 他看到三个骑摩托车的人 |
[16:59] | one of them bleeding to death, | 其中一个流血而死 |
[17:01] | a knife in your hand. | 而你手上拿着刀子 |
[17:02] | He’ll testify that you weren’t in peril when you stabbed Felix. | 他会作证你在刺杀Felix的时候 并没有处于危险状态 |
[17:05] | No deal. | 不可能 |
[17:07] | Well, if it helps you decide on your wardrobe, | 呃 如果这能帮你决定那天穿什么的话 |
[17:09] | I’ll be wearing an “I’m with stupid” t-shirt. | 我会穿上写着 我是笨蛋 的T恤 |
[17:18] | Yeah, this is where I would come for cash in the middle of the night. | 没错 这就是我会在午夜取钱的地方 |
[17:21] | Dad said all her cards were maxed, | 爸爸说她的卡都被取光了 |
[17:23] | so Heidi hit three different ATMs in an hour. | 所以说Heidi在一小时之内 去了三家自动提款机 |
[17:25] | She made the maximum withdraw at each. | 她把每张卡都取空了 |
[17:28] | What are you thinking? | 你怎么想? |
[17:30] | Well, either she had some more g-strings left to stuff at | 呃 很有可能是她要给她的 |
[17:33] | packaged meat or someone forced her to take that money out. | 包装肉买点遮羞布或者 有人强迫她把钱取光 |
[17:38] | Oh, man, what am I gonna tell Jane? | 哦 伙计 我要怎么跟Jane说? |
[17:40] | Let’s not freak out until there’s something concrete to freak out about. | 在有什么发现之前 我们先不要急 |
[17:46] | You mean like finding her car abandoned in the middle of nowhere? | 你是说在四下无人的地方找到她丢下的车? |
[17:50] | Yeah, like that. | 是的 就像那样 |
[17:57] | That’s it? That’s all you’ll do? | 就这些? 这就是你们能做的? |
[17:59] | Lady, that’s all we can do. | 女士我们已经尽力了 |
[18:03] | So, what did the sheriff’s department say? | 治安部门那边怎么说? |
[18:04] | Nothing that inspires confidence. | 没什么有用的 |
[18:07] | The deputy started laughing | 副治安官 |
[18:09] | when he heard that the missing person was at a bachelorette party. | 在听到失踪人士 曾在未婚女子聚会上时就开始笑 |
[18:12] | He said they wouldn’t start looking until after 48 hours had passed. | 他说失踪未满48小时 他们是不会派人搜索的 |
[18:24] | Good news. | 好消息 |
[18:25] | What? | 什么? |
[18:38] | Working hard? | 努力工作? |
[18:40] | Working always. | 一直都是 |
[18:41] | What can I do for you? | 有什么需要帮忙的吗? |
[18:43] | You’ve done some detailing work for Terrence Cook? | 你为Terrence Cook做车子检修工作? |
[18:45] | You a cop? | 你是警察? |
[18:46] | I’m a private investigator working on mr. Cook’s behalf. | 我是为Cook先生工作的私家侦探 |
[18:50] | I saw you pull up while the hangar was being searched. | 我看到在飞机棚被搜查的时候 你在那里停留过 |
[18:53] | It’s time for his monthly. | 那是他的工作日 |
[18:54] | His what? | 他的什么? |
[18:56] | I have a standing contract with Terrence. | 我跟Terrence有份固定合同 |
[18:59] | That man loves his cars. | 那个人很爱他的车 |
[19:01] | I detail every one of them once a month. | 我每月为他的车子们检修一次 |
[19:04] | You know, he used to have over 40, but, uh, | 你知道 他曾经有超过40辆 但是 呃 |
[19:07] | I guess things got tough. | 我想生活可能有点艰难 |
[19:09] | He’s down to eight. | 他现在只有8辆了 |
[19:10] | Explosives were found in the tall cabinet near the Maserati. | 在Maserati旁边的高柜里发现了爆炸物 |
[19:14] | You know the one I’m talking about? | 你知道我说的是什么吗? |
[19:15] | Yeah, sure, that’s where he keeps the babies’ blankets. | 是的 当然 那是他放“婴儿毯子”的地方 |
[19:17] | The what? | 什么? |
[19:18] | It’s what he calls the Calfskin chamois… | 这是他管擦车用的软皮的叫法… |
[19:20] | they’re all he’ll let me use. | 他让我随意使用 |
[19:22] | If there had been explosives in that cabinet a month ago… | 如果爆炸物一个月之前就在高柜里了… |
[19:24] | I would’ve seen ’em. | 我肯定会看到的 |
[19:25] | If you had detailed his cars yesterday… | 如果你昨天检修了他的车… |
[19:28] | Terrence knows you’re out there once a month? | Terrence知道你每个月去那一次吗? |
[19:30] | Oh Yeah. Yeah, he knows. | 哦 是的 是的 他知道 |
[19:33] | I’m a half-hour late, I get a call. | 我晚了半个小时了 有人让我去干活 |
[19:39] | I had the printers forego the phallic framing. | 我让洗照片的人去掉了阴茎部分 |
[19:43] | Penises can sometimes be distracting. | 阴茎有时会分散注意力 |
[19:45] | I don’t know how helpful I’m gonna be. | 我不知道自己能帮上多大忙 |
[19:47] | I didn’t really get a good look at the guy. | 我其实没怎么看清那个男人 |
[19:48] | It was dark and loud and there were condom balloons hitting my head. | 那里很黑很吵 还有些安全套的气球不停碰我的头 |
[19:52] | Just take your time. | 只要一会 |
[19:55] | Okay, here’s what we know. | 好了 这些是我们所知道的情况 |
[19:57] | Heidi got two phone calls back to back at 2:55 and 2:57 A.M. | Heidi 在凌晨2:55和2:57分别接到一通电话 |
[20:01] | They were short, no messages on her machine, | 通话时间很短 也没有留言 |
[20:03] | so we can assume she took them. | 所以我们可以假设Heidi接听了电话 |
[20:05] | The first ATM transaction was at 3:20. | 第一次自动提款机取钱是在3:20 |
[20:08] | That tells me whoever called had something to do with her leaving. | 这就是说无论是谁打的电话 都跟她的失踪有关系 |
[20:11] | Can’t you find out who made the calls? | 你不能找到是谁打的电话吗? |
[20:12] | Isn’t that like a P.I.’S thing? Tracing phone numbers. | 就像情报员那样? 追踪电话号码 |
[20:15] | Usually we can, but the number is no longer in service. | 通常来讲 可以 但是那个号码已经不使用了 |
[20:18] | And according to my father’s friend at the phone company, | 根据我父亲在电话公司工作的朋友说 |
[20:21] | it never was. | 这个号码从来就没用过 |
[20:23] | Very odd. | 非常奇怪 |
[20:25] | Wait a minute. | 等一下 |
[20:27] | I think that’s him. | 我想就是这个人 |
[20:28] | -Where? -There. | -哪个? -那个 |
[20:31] | Jane, that’s a torso. | Jane 人根本就没照全 |
[20:32] | It’s the shirt. I remember his shirt. | 那个T恤 我记得那个T恤 |
[20:34] | Is that a bowling shirt? | 那是打保龄的T恤吗? |
[20:38] | So, to what do I owe the pleasure? | 那么 我怎么欠你情了? |
[20:42] | I’m here to tempt you, Aaron. | 我是来给你机会的 Aaron |
[20:44] | Well, mission accomplished. | 哦 任务完成了 |
[20:47] | Or should I say, “with what?” | 或者我该说 “因为什么?” |
[20:50] | Huge tracts of land. | 大面积的土地 |
[20:52] | More action than I can handle. | 比我能掌控的还要大 |
[20:54] | I’m here to offer you a piece. | 我是来分你一杯羹的 |
[20:56] | So, I guess big Dick still has his fingers in a few pies, huh? | 那么 我猜老Dick仍然占着一部分呢 是吧? |
[20:59] | My husband’s got quite a reach. | 我丈夫可望而不可及 |
[21:02] | Some are saying that he might be working abroad. | 有人说 他还在国外呢 |
[21:07] | Aaron, how would you like to walk out of here a richer man? | Aaron 你想不想从这出去的时候 是个有钱人? |
[21:13] | You’re cash-strapped. | 你需要钱 |
[21:14] | No, I get it. I can help. But… | 不 我明白了 我可以帮忙 但是… |
[21:19] | Quid pro quo, mrs. “C”… | 交换物 C罩杯太太… |
[21:22] | Quid pro quo. | 交换物 |
[21:30] | Impressive Hannibal. | 印象深刻的汉尼拔 |
[21:32] | Well, they told me the glass is bulletproof, | 恩 他们说玻璃是防弹的 |
[21:37] | but I’m betting I could talk you through it. | 但我打赌 你我之间没有阻碍 |
[21:49] | Something else. | 还有一件事 |
[21:50] | Oh. | 哦 |
[21:53] | I’m all ears. | 我洗耳恭听 |
[21:54] | You know my son, Logan? | 你知道我儿子Logan吧? |
[21:56] | He hangs out with the Casablancas kid all the time. | 他经常跟Casablanca家的孩子混在一起 |
[21:59] | We’ve met. | 我们见过 |
[22:00] | Maybe you can find a reason to drop by his hotel room. | 也许你可以找个理由去他的旅馆房间看看 |
[22:04] | I guess, if I really tried. | 如果我想 应该可以 |
[22:09] | [Mere Mortals – “Lost Art”] |
|
[22:13] | You’re so down to the daydream nation | |
[22:16] | You’re breathing then you hold it hard | |
[22:21] | Baby you’re a lost art | |
[22:35] | Hey! | 嘿 |
[22:38] | El diablo! | 混蛋 |
[22:46] | What’s up, you? | 你怎么了? |
[22:49] | What? | 什么? |
[22:51] | Nothing. | 没事 |
[22:52] | You lie. | 你撒谎 |
[22:54] | “Easy rider.” Your choice, not mine. | “食客” 你的选择 不是我的 |
[22:57] | I should be the one sulking. | 我才是该生气的那个 |
[23:01] | You know what the punishment is for lying. | 你知道撒谎的惩罚是什么吗 |
[23:04] | What? | 是什么? |
[23:05] | You lose a nipple. | 你会失去一个乳头 |
[23:07] | Ow! Are you crazy? Ow! | 哦 你疯了? 哦 |
[23:10] | Don’t do it again. | 别再来了 |
[23:12] | Hannah? | |
[23:15] | May I see you in the kitchen for a minute? | 你能到厨房来一下吗? |
[23:17] | I guess. | 应该可以 |
[23:19] | Mom, this is Logan. | 妈妈 这是Logan |
[23:21] | Mrs. Griffith. | Griffith太太 |
[23:24] | It’s nice to meet you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[23:26] | So, this is a great place you have here. | 你这地方真得很不错 |
[23:29] | Denenberg. And it’s ms. | 是Denenberg 而且叫我小姐 |
[23:31] | Oh. Sorry. Uh… | 哦 抱歉 呃… |
[23:35] | hey, uh, while you two are in the kitchen, | 嘿 呃 你们两个在厨房的时候 |
[23:38] | do you mind if I use your computer for a second? | 介意我用一下电脑吗? |
[23:40] | I just want to check some fantasy scores. | 我只想查查邮件 |
[23:43] | It’s in the den. | 电脑在书房 |
[23:45] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[23:57] | Thought you should know… | 考虑到你应该知道… |
[24:02] | Tom, thought you should know, | Tom 考虑到你应该知道 |
[24:07] | found birth control | 找到避孕套(birth control) |
[24:13] | CONDOMS in Hannah’s room. | 在Hannah的房间找到避孕套(CONDOMS) |
[24:18] | We need to talk. | 我们需要谈谈 |
[24:24] | Honey, open your eyes. The guy is bad news. | 亲爱的 清醒点吧 那个家伙不是什么好人 |
[24:27] | You don’t even know him. How can you say that? | 你又不了解他 你怎么能这么说? |
[24:29] | Bum fights? | 打架斗殴? |
[24:30] | Okay, that was a long time ago. | 好吧 那是很久之前的事了 |
[24:32] | God, you’re so judgmental. | 天哪 你的偏见太大了 |
[24:34] | I know. I’m awful. | 我知道 我很差劲 |
[24:36] | What kind of mother would prohibit her daughter from dating a boy who’s | 什么样的母亲会阻止她的女儿 |
[24:38] | awaiting trial for manslaughter? | 和一个等待审判的杀人犯约会? |
[24:41] | Almost all parenting books | 几乎所有的教育书籍 |
[24:42] | eschew the use of sarcasm with adolescents, so, you know… | 都会避免用讽刺的方式教育孩子 所以 你知道… |
[24:45] | Fine, here it is, | 很好 这样说吧 |
[24:47] | stripped of the sarcasm. | 不用讽刺 |
[24:49] | He’s a phony, | 他是个骗子 |
[24:50] | he’s ugly on the inside, | 他内心很肮脏 |
[24:52] | all he wants from you is sex, | 他想从你那得到的只有性 |
[24:53] | and he’s gonna break your heart. | 而且他会伤你的心 |
[24:55] | You’re wrong. | 你错了 |
[24:56] | You don’t know Logan. | 你不了解Logan |
[24:58] | Everybody’s already decided that he’s this bad guy, | 每个人都认定他是坏人 |
[25:00] | but I know him. | 但是我了解他 |
[25:02] | They don’t and you don’t. | 他们不了解 你也不了解 |
[25:05] | God bless Tracy McGrady. | 上帝保佑Tracy McGrady |
[25:09] | Life is good. | 生活很美好 |
[25:12] | That looks heavy. | 气氛看起来很沉重 |
[25:14] | You should let me take it out for you. | 你应该让我把垃圾拿出去 |
[25:26] | [Mellowdrone – “Oh My”] |
|
[25:34] | What may I ask | |
[25:35] | Is memory now | |
[25:37] | Excuse me. Do you recognize this shirt? | 你好 你认识这件T恤吗? |
[25:42] | -Right over there. -Thanks. | -就在那 -谢谢 |
[25:47] | The one-eyed ducks, | 独眼鸭子 |
[25:48] | perennial champs, alley 5. | 常驻冠军 5号道 |
[25:53] | That guy’s too big. | 那个男人块头太大了 |
[25:55] | That guy’s too small. | 那个男人块头又太小了 |
[25:57] | That guy is…not a guy, just in desperate need of a stylist. | 那个男人…不是男人 只是想有点自己的风格 |
[26:03] | But that guy looks just right. | 但是那个男人刚刚好 |
[26:09] | Yes! Yes! | 好 好 |
[26:13] | What did I tell you?! | 我怎么跟你说的?! |
[26:14] | What did I tell you?! | 我怎么跟你说的?! |
[26:17] | Oh, my, what a wonderful day for… | 哦 天哪 多好的一天… |
[26:23] | Here you go. | 给你 |
[26:24] | are you sure you don’t want one? | 你确定不想要一杯? |
[26:26] | $1 draft night. | 整晚1美元 |
[26:29] | Come on, have a beer. We’ll let you roll a frame. | 来吧 来杯啤酒 我们让你也来一局 |
[26:32] | Vinny, this is not nam. | Vinny 这不是nam |
[26:33] | This is bowling. There are rules. | 这是保龄球 是有规矩的 |
[26:36] | What can you tell me… | 你能告诉我什么… |
[26:37] | nothing. | 一无所知 |
[26:38] | Of course, your pavlovian response. | 当然 你的官方回答 |
[26:40] | Her name was Heidi Kuhne. | 她的名字是Heidi Kuhne |
[26:43] | Doesn’t ring a bell. | 没听说过 |
[26:44] | Let me jog your memory. | 我来帮你回想 |
[26:46] | You were thrown out of the Happy Horseshoe the other night | 有天晚上在Happy Horseshoe |
[26:49] | for stalking her. | 你因为跟踪她被扔了出来 |
[26:50] | If I had a dime for every time I was thrown out of h-squared for stalking… | 如果我每次因为跟踪 从h-squared被扔出来能得点好处… |
[26:54] | what was it… a little prenup background check? | 是什么… 提前的背景调查? |
[26:57] | Well, you already know. | 哦 你已经知道了 |
[26:58] | She’s missing. | 她失踪了 |
[26:59] | Are you suggesting I kidnapped her? | 你是说我绑架了她? |
[27:00] | Because I believe that’s your racket. | 因为我想你就指这混饭吃呢 |
[27:05] | Do you know where she is? | 你知道她在那吗? |
[27:06] | Negatory. | 不知道 |
[27:08] | Who hired you… the groom, his family? | 谁雇的你… 新郎 他的家里人? |
[27:10] | You fill them in on her party-girl past? | 你帮他们调查她的过去? |
[27:12] | Ah, that, curious georgette, | 啊 好奇心 |
[27:14] | is P.I.-Client privilege. | 是P.I.客户的特权 |
[27:16] | Now, if you’ll excuse me, | 现在 如果你不介意 |
[27:18] | my ducks need me. | 我要回到鸭子队里去了 |
[27:25] | You heard what my mom said, didn’t you? | 你听到我妈妈说的话了 是不是? |
[27:28] | Yeah, I got the gist. | 恩 该听的都听到了 |
[27:30] | Just ignore her. | 别理她 |
[27:32] | She’s bitter about the divorce. | 她还处在离婚的痛苦之中 |
[27:33] | She thinks all men are evil. | 她认为所有的男人都是恶魔 |
[27:35] | Maybe she’s right? | 也许她是对的? |
[27:36] | What… about men? | 什么… 关于男人? |
[27:40] | About me. | 关于我 |
[27:45] | Let’s get out of here, | 我们离开这 |
[27:47] | go to your place. | 去你那吧 |
[27:50] | Well, | |
[27:51] | I know the words coming out of your mouth are “go to your place”, but… | 我知道你说的是 去你那 但是… |
[27:55] | all I hear is “let’s have sex.” | 我听起来就是 我们做爱吧 |
[27:59] | So? | 所以呢? |
[28:03] | Logan? | |
[28:06] | That sounds good. | 听起来不错 |
[28:21] | Lamb, I’ve been trying to get ahold of you. | Lamb 我一直在找你 |
[28:23] | And I’ve been ducking your calls. | 我一直在躲你电话 |
[28:26] | Man, that feels good to get off my chest. | 伙计 如释重负的感觉真好 |
[28:29] | Hey, you think I like bringing any of this to you? | 嘿 你以为我喜欢跟你说这些? |
[28:32] | Just hear me out. | 听我说 |
[28:35] | Terrence has a guy who details his fleet of cars every month. | Terrence 有一个每个月帮他检修汽车的人 |
[28:38] | He keeps his chamois in the same cabinet | 他擦车用的软皮放的地方 |
[28:40] | where the explosives were found. | 跟发现爆炸物的柜子是同一个 |
[28:42] | Now, why would he keep that damning evidence at all? | 那么 他为什么要把证据 跟擦车的东西放在一起? |
[28:44] | That’s the first question, | 这是第一个疑问 |
[28:46] | and the second question… | 第二个疑问是… |
[28:47] | why would he keep them where they were sure to be found? | 他为什么要把证据 放在这么容易找到的地方? |
[28:50] | Valid questions. | 正确的疑问 |
[28:51] | I’ll be sure and ask him when he gets out of surgery. | 他做完手术我肯定会问问他 |
[28:53] | Surgery? What happened? | 手术? 发生什么事了? |
[28:56] | -He got shot. -Who shot him? | -他中枪了 -谁干的? |
[28:58] | You know the journalism teacher who died on the bus, miss Dumass? | 你知道那个车祸中死的新闻学老师吧 Dumass小姐? |
[29:02] | Her father. | 她父亲 |
[29:03] | He caught Terrence Cook breaking into the family home in San Francisco. | 他闯进了Terrence Cook在旧金山的家里 |
[29:06] | Strange behavior for an innocent man, don’t you think? | 对一个无辜的人这样做 很奇怪 是吧? |
[29:13] | If you read this morning’s paper, | 如果你们读了今早的报纸 |
[29:14] | then you probably already know that tracking polls indicate | 你们应该已经知道了投票指出 |
[29:17] | there’s 57% support for Neptune’s incorporation. | 有57%的人支持Neptune的合并 |
[29:21] | Question… what’s that gonna do to us here? | 问题… 那跟我们有什么关系? |
[29:23] | Uh, an actual police department. | 呃 实际的警察部门 |
[29:26] | Private beaches. | 私人海滩 |
[29:27] | The rich get richer. | 富人更富 |
[29:29] | All right, let’s stop there. | 好了 到此为止 |
[29:31] | All those are true, | 说得没错 |
[29:33] | but let’s not just focus on the potential upside. | 但是我们不要只关注潜在的发展潜力 |
[29:37] | Sure, we could speculate, | 我们可以推测一下 |
[29:38] | but why do so when we already have a model we can study? | 但是我们为什么不照着已有的模型研究呢? |
[29:50] | Aw. | 啊 |
[29:51] | Palo Alto, California, | 帕洛阿尔托 加利福尼亚州 |
[29:54] | in the heart of silicon valley… | 在硅谷中心地带… |
[29:57] | home to Stanford university, | 通向斯坦佛大学的光明大道 |
[30:00] | Hewlett-Packard, | 惠普包装 |
[30:03] | and the epicenter of the late-’90s technology boom. | 和90年末期技术革命的中心 |
[30:07] | But before the whole dot-com craze began, | 但是在网络技术兴起之前 |
[30:10] | Palo Alto was a diverse community not unlike our Neptune. | 帕洛阿尔托是一个多样化的地方 跟我们的Neptune不太一样 |
[30:14] | When they incorporated, | 当它们合并之后 |
[30:15] | they effectively put up a wall between the economic classes. | 他们有效的在经济等级之间设定了界限 |
[30:19] | What resulted after a very short time | 这导致在不久之后 |
[30:22] | was an ultrarich center surrounded by | 成为一个极端的中心 |
[30:25] | the crime capital of america. | 被美国的罪恶之都环绕 |
[30:27] | Those who were smart dumped their unincorporated property | 那些聪明的家伙把未成熟的资产 |
[30:30] | to suckers before the bottom fell out. | 在情况没有变的糟透之前倾倒给傻瓜 |
[30:32] | Property values in the city skyrocketed | 城市里的资产价值急速上涨 |
[30:36] | while land outside the incorporation became worthless. | 与此同时 合并地周围的地方 变得一文不值 |
[30:40] | Now, let’s take a look at your progress in the stock-market game. | 现在 我们来看看你们的股票市场的情况 |
[30:44] | As you can see, | 正如你们所见 |
[30:46] | the younger mr. Casablancas has extended his lead. | 年轻的Casablancas先生占据领先位置 |
[30:49] | This, ladies and gentlemen, | 这个人 女士们先生们 |
[30:50] | is a young man with true business acumen. | 是个真正有头脑的生意人 |
[30:58] | Hey, dad. | 嘿 爸爸 |
[30:59] | Your missing person is a little less missing. | 你的失踪人口有线索了 |
[31:02] | She used her cellphone twice this morning, | 她今早用手机打了两次电话 |
[31:04] | both one-minute calls. | 通话都只有1分钟 |
[31:06] | Who’d she call? | 她打给谁的? |
[31:09] | Paul Mann. | |
[31:10] | Know who that is? | 知道是谁吗? |
[31:12] | Yeah, her fianc? | 知道 她未婚夫? |
[31:14] | What if Heidi’s still in town? | 如果Heidi仍然在镇上? |
[31:16] | What if she’s just hiding from her family? | 如果她只是在躲她的家里人? |
[31:18] | Maybe she’ll pick up her phone if she doesn’t recognize the caller I.D. | 也许她在不知道 打电话人是谁的情况下 会接电话 |
[31:22] | Cold feet, honey. | 胆怯 亲爱的 |
[31:23] | It’s always cold feet. | 就是胆怯 |
[31:37] | Hey, does Heidi have a fax? | 嘿 Heidi有传真机吗? |
[31:39] | Yeah, somewhere. | 有 就在某个地方 |
[31:48] | Here it is. | 在这 |
[31:51] | -Why? -When I called the apartment, | -怎么了? -我给公寓打电话的时候 |
[31:53] | the fax picked up, | 转到了传真上 |
[31:54] | which means it’s on the same line. | 这就是说它是在同一条线上 |
[31:56] | Well, it’s been switched to fax since she’s been gone. | 她走了之后 就一直调到了传真上 |
[31:59] | Does that matter? | 有什么关系吗? |
[32:01] | Remember the two calls she got? | 记得她接到的两通电话吗? |
[32:03] | What if someone was trying to fax her? | 如果有人想要给她发传真呢? |
[32:06] | She would’ve heard the fax tone on the first call | 一开始她听到的应该是传真信号声 |
[32:08] | and then switched over the machine so that the second time it went through. | 然后调整了机器 以便第二次可以直接发过来 |
[32:12] | Now, if this fax machine has storage capability… | 现在 如果这个传真机带有存储功能… |
[32:15] | who’d be faxing her at 3:00 in the morning? | 谁会在凌晨三点给她发传真? |
[32:18] | That’s what I’d like to know. | 那正是我想知道的 |
[32:24] | It’s some flyer from a band called XLR8. | 是一个叫XLR8乐队的传单 |
[32:28] | Accelerate. | 加速 |
[32:30] | That’s Nick’s band… | 那是Nick的乐队… |
[32:31] | Heidi’s old boyfriend. | Heidi以前的男友 |
[32:33] | The one whose name she had de-inked from her buttocks? | 就是Heidi把他名字的纹身 从屁股上洗下去的那个? |
[32:41] | Apparently Nick needs to see Heidi. | 显然Nick想要见Heidi |
[32:43] | [The Lashes – “Sometimes the Sun”] |
|
[32:47] | According to Jane, | 根据Jane所说 |
[32:48] | it’s been three years since Nick and Heidi were hot and heavy. | 距离Nick和Heidi热恋已过去三年了 |
[32:51] | You can laser a guy’s name off your ass, | 你可以把名字的纹身从屁股上去除 |
[32:53] | but I wonder whether you can really ever cut him out of your heart. | 但我想知道你是否可以把这个人 从你心中彻底拔除 |
[32:56] | It’s been so long | |
[32:58] | Since I’ve seen your face | |
[33:00] | Except inside of my head | |
[33:03] | Counting down the days till you’re home | |
[33:06] | I guess if I do find my runaway bride, | 我想如果我找到了那个落跑新娘 |
[33:08] | we’ll have the next 12 hours to discuss the matter | 我们还有12小时的时间讨论这个问题 |
[33:10] | while waiting for the next train home from San Luis Obispo. | 在等待下一班从San Luis Obispo 回家的车的时候 |
[33:13] | Yeah? | 谁呀? |
[33:15] | You got a Heidi Kuhne in there? | 你这有个叫Heidi Kuhne的人吗? |
[33:22] | I know you. | 我认识你 |
[33:25] | What the hell is going on, Heidi? | 这是怎么一回事 Heidi? |
[33:35] | My family hired you to track me down? | 我家里人雇你来找我的? |
[33:38] | Actually, Jane did. | 事实上 是Jane |
[33:39] | You’re 12. | 你才12岁 |
[33:40] | I’m 18. | 我18了 |
[33:42] | You’re a barista. | 你是个做咖啡的 |
[33:44] | I’m a… | 我是个… |
[33:46] | fine, I’m a barista. | 好吧 我是个做咖啡的 |
[33:48] | Look, you know you’re supposed to be getting married in 12 hours, right? | 听着 你知道你还有12个小时 就要结婚了 对么? |
[33:52] | Your sister has been really worried about you. | 你的妹妹真得很担心你 |
[33:54] | She thought you had some bad pre-wedding jitters, | 她认为你得了婚前恐惧症 |
[33:57] | and then we found your car abandoned. | 然后我们发现你被遗弃的车 |
[34:00] | As in parked like 30 feet from the bus station? | 例如停在了离公车站30英尺的地方? |
[34:06] | It was dark and it was after we went to your apartment | 天很黑 而且是在我们去了你的公寓 |
[34:10] | and saw two glasses of wine. | 看到两杯酒 |
[34:12] | One was broken. | 其中一个杯子破了之后 |
[34:13] | Which is why I poured the second glass. | 所以我又拿了个杯子倒酒 |
[34:16] | Maybe you should stick to making coffee. | 也许你应该回去继续做你的咖啡 |
[34:18] | None of this matters anyway because the wedding is off. | 没什么关系了 因为婚礼取消了 |
[34:21] | It is? | 是么? |
[34:22] | You might want to let someone know. | 你也许应该通知大家 |
[34:23] | Paul can announce it. He’s the one who ran back to his old flame. | Paul会宣布的 他是那种会投回老情人怀抱的人 |
[34:27] | And you parked your car and took a bus to yours. | 然后你停好你的车 坐公车到了这 |
[34:29] | I came to see Nick because his mom is in bad shape and he needed me. | 我来见Nick是因为他妈妈身体不太好 而他需要我 |
[34:34] | I called Paul to tell him where I was, | 我给Paul打了电话 告诉他我在哪 |
[34:35] | but he didn’t return my calls. | 但是他没有回电话 |
[34:37] | Then I get these text messages from my friend Kim | 然后我收到了我朋友Kim发的短信 |
[34:40] | telling me she saw him leaving his ex’s place at dawn. | 告诉我她看见Paul 黎明的时候离开了老情人的地方 |
[34:43] | And Paul’s supposed to be totally cool with you going on the road with Nick? | Paul知道你跟Nick走了的时候非常冷静? |
[34:46] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[34:49] | He sent me the fax. | 他给我发了传真 |
[34:50] | I just came up here to be a friend. | 我是以朋友身份过来的 |
[34:53] | Nick, | |
[34:54] | how did you manage to send a fax from an unlisted phone number | 你是怎么做到从一个没登记的 电话号码发传真的 |
[34:58] | when the phone company says the number never existed? | 而且电话公司的人说号码根本不存在? |
[35:02] | Yeah, I didn’t send that fax. | 恩 那个传真不是我发的 |
[35:06] | -You said… -You said you got my fax. | -你说… -你说你收到我的传真 |
[35:09] | I just didn’t correct you. | 我只是没有纠正你 |
[35:11] | It was handwritten. | 那是手写的 |
[35:12] | I was just so stoked to see you. | 我只是太迫切想见你了 |
[35:17] | Nick didn’t send the fax, | Nick没有发传真 |
[35:19] | and Kim didn’t text-message you. | Kim也没有发短信 |
[35:23] | She lost her phone the night of the bachelorette party. | 未婚女子聚会那天 她的电话丢了 |
[35:26] | Well, then, who? | 呃 那么 是谁? |
[35:27] | A private detective named Vinny Vanlowe. | 一个叫Vinny Vanlowe的私家侦探 |
[35:30] | But why? | 但他为什么这么做? |
[35:57] | I, uh, I have another wedding at 4:00. | 我 呃 我在4点还要主持另一场婚礼 |
[36:01] | If no one’s seen your bride… | 如果见不到你的新娘… |
[36:03] | Don’t worry. | 不要担心 |
[36:04] | She’s just a free spirit, | 她只是自由惯了 |
[36:06] | marching to her own drum. | 正在路上呢 |
[36:08] | Coming! Coming! | 来了 来了 |
[36:11] | Sorry I’m late. | 抱歉我来晚了 |
[36:13] | Let’s get married. | 我们举行仪式吧 |
[36:21] | Where’ve you been? | 你去哪了? |
[36:22] | Oh, we have a whole lifetime for stories. | 哦 我们有一辈子的时间讲故事呢 |
[36:25] | Let’s do this thing. | 我们先举行仪式吧 |
[36:26] | Lay it on me, preacher man. | 从我开始吧 神父 |
[36:28] | I demand to know what you’ve been up to. | 我要求知道你干什么了 |
[36:30] | I didn’t ask you what you were doing for your bachelor party. | 我还没问你在告别单身汉聚会上干了什么呢 |
[36:33] | And after finding whipped cream in your underwear, | 尤其还是在你的内衣上发现了生奶油之后 |
[36:35] | I think I was entitled. | 我想我有资格问的 |
[36:36] | You were entitled… you? | 你有资格… 你? |
[36:38] | The one who sexed up every wannabe rock star in southern California? | 和南加利福尼亚每个摇滚明星迷上床的人? |
[36:42] | You know, if I wanted to marry Tawny Kitaen, | 你知道 如果我想娶Tawny Kitaen |
[36:44] | I would’ve got a nipple pierced. | 我会先在乳头上穿一个洞 |
[36:45] | How could you say that to me? | 你怎么能这么说我? |
[36:48] | Like I would ever sex up a drummer. | 就像我曾经跟鼓手上床 |
[36:51] | Lead singers? Yes. Maybe the occasional guitar player. | 主唱? 是的 也许还有偶然遇见的吉他手 |
[36:56] | The important thing is that we love each other. | 重要的是我们彼此相爱 |
[36:59] | How can you expect me to love a used-up groupie like you? | 你怎么还会期盼我会爱上你这种 被玩够了的摇滚迷? |
[37:02] | Wow. Ouch, honey. Kind of harsh. | 喔 啊 亲爱的 说得真难听 |
[37:07] | Are you breaking it off? | 你要分手吗? |
[37:08] | -You’re damn right I… -No! | -你他妈说对了 我… -不行 |
[37:12] | Fair enough. | 说得好 |
[37:15] | So, I guess I’ll be keeping this precious family heirloom… | 那么 我想我要留下这个珍贵的传家宝了… |
[37:22] | ’cause those are the rules in polite society, aren’t they? | 因为这是上流社会的规矩 对么? |
[37:27] | I mean, if I backed out or didn’t show up, | 我是说 如果我取消婚礼 或是没出现 |
[37:30] | I’d have to give you the ring back, right? | 就要把戒指还给你了 对么? |
[37:33] | You know the funny thing? | 你知道可笑的是什么吗? |
[37:34] | You could’ve just said it’s over, | 你本可以就这么结束 |
[37:37] | and I would’ve given you the ring back. | 我也会把戒指还给你 |
[37:41] | This will be payment for the two years I wasted | 这是我浪费的两年时间的回报 |
[37:44] | trying to convince you I was worthy. | 努力让你相信我是值得的 |
[37:50] | Enjoy the reception! | 尽情享受吧 |
[37:52] | By the looks of it, I’d guess the elder mr. Mann | 从表情看来 我猜是老Mann先生 |
[37:55] | commissioned the background check, | 委托的背景调查 |
[37:56] | but it was his son that couldn’t live with the information. | 但是 他的儿子还不能接受现实 |
[37:59] | Come on, Jane. | 走吧 Jane |
[38:03] | Are pawn shops open on saturdays? | 当铺周六开门吗? |
[38:13] | And that is why the Phoenix Land Trust is where you should put your money. | 所以你应该把你的钱投资给 凤凰土地公司 |
[38:18] | I’m confused. You’re talking and your clothes are on. | 我迷糊了 你在高谈阔论 而且衣着整齐 |
[38:23] | I’m starting to think you really came over here to sell me real estate. | 我开始认为你真的是过来卖我房子的 |
[38:26] | I told you it’s my job. | 我告诉你了 这是我的工作 |
[38:29] | And that must be the second sign of the apocalypse. | 那肯定是第二次天启 |
[38:32] | Well, I tried. | 呃 我努力 |
[38:33] | Do you mind if I freshen up before I go? | 你介意我走之前梳洗打扮一下吗? |
[38:35] | Freshen up for what? | 为了什么? |
[38:40] | All right, Logan, you win. | 好了 Logan 你赢了 |
[38:42] | I’m serious. This stops now. | 我是认真的 住手吧 |
[38:45] | Sure. Come on in. | 当然 进来吧 |
[39:14] | I see you have company. | 你来客人了 |
[39:17] | I’ll let myself out, but… | 那我走了 但是… |
[39:20] | think about my offer. | 想想我的提议 |
[39:33] | Mark my words. | 记住我的话 |
[39:34] | Someday that smirk is gonna get wiped off your face. | 总有一天 这种傻笑会让你倒大霉 |
[39:36] | Oh, please. | 哦 得了 |
[39:37] | Let the lying, cokehead plastic surgeon lecture me on karma. | 让一个骗子 瘾君子的整形医生 教育我因果报应的东西 |
[39:41] | Certainly caught up with me. | 快赶上我了 |
[39:43] | It ends now. | 一切就此打住 |
[39:45] | I’ll make my testimony go away. | 我会取消我的证词 |
[39:46] | What about the Fitzpatricks? | Fitzpatricks家那怎么办? |
[39:48] | Let me worry about them. | 他们的事还是我来操心吧 |
[39:50] | You just stay the hell away from my daughter. | 你就他妈的离我女儿远点就行了 |
[39:53] | I assume we have a deal? | 我们达成交易了? |
[40:10] | I don’t believe this. | 我真不敢相信 |
[40:12] | If it isn’t the puppet master. | 如果这不是傀儡的主人的话 |
[40:13] | Hey, what a man does in the privacy of his own home, | 嘿 一个男人在他私人的家里 |
[40:16] | office, and/or car is his business. | 办公室 或是车里干什么 是他自己的事 |
[40:20] | You know, you cost me a five grand bonus. | 你知道 你害我花了5000美元奖金 |
[40:24] | You were gonna buy a new jacket? | 你买了一件新外套? |
[40:26] | And give up the cheap women? Not likely. | 而且放弃了廉价女人? 不太可能 |
[40:28] | Give it. | 交出来 |
[40:30] | What? | 什么? |
[40:31] | Kim’s cellphone. | Kim的手机 |
[40:33] | I called you, left a threatening message. | 我给你打了电话 留了威胁短信 |
[40:40] | You didn’t get it from me. | 不是我给你的 |
[40:42] | Exactly how many times have you had to say that in your life? | 你这辈子到底要说多少次这句话? |
[40:48] | You know what’s really disturbing about you… | 你知道 你最让人讨厌的是什么吗… |
[40:51] | …other than everything? | …比其他都讨厌的? |
[40:54] | You’re a halfway decent private investigator. | 你是个不怎么体面的私家侦探 |
[40:56] | Stop. You’re embarrassing me. | 住口 你在让我难堪 |
[40:58] | You can embarrass the shameless? | 不知廉耻还会感到难堪? |
[41:05] | This is for your sister’s friend Kim. | 这是给你姐姐的朋友Kim的 |
[41:07] | Thank you, Veronica. | 谢谢 Veronica |
[41:10] | Check it out. | 来看看 |
[41:12] | Heidi he aded up to the L.A. Jewelry exchange, | Heidi去了洛杉矶的珠宝交易所 |
[41:14] | hocked the ring, | 当了戒指 |
[41:15] | and kept right on going to Nick’s next show. | 然后继续Nick的下一场表演 |
[41:17] | So, how does it feel to play cupid? | 那么 当丘比特的感觉怎么样? |
[41:20] | Uncomfortable. | 不舒服 |
[41:22] | This better last. | 这最好是最后一次 |
[41:24] | Guess you never know where true love is gonna find you. | 你永远不知道真爱什么时候降临 |
[41:26] | If it comes looking for me, | 如果它来找我了 |
[41:27] | I’ll be over by the espresso machine. | 我就在咖啡机旁边 |
[41:31] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[41:33] | Um, I know you’re busy, but, uh… | 恩 我知道你很忙 但是 呃… |
[41:38] | I think I’ve done something horrible. | 我想我做了件很可怕的事 |