时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Previously on “veronica mars”… | |
[00:03] | There is going to be an article in the school newspaper. | 明天的校报上会刊登报道 |
[00:05] | You need to get rid of the marijuana.*** | 你得在那之前把大麻处理掉 |
[00:08] | Karen has cancer. | Karen得了癌症 |
[00:09] | This botany professor gave her some seeds. | 植物学教授给了她一些种子 |
[00:11] | She won’t just lose her job. She’ll lose her insurance. | 她不仅会丢了工作 保险金也没了 |
[00:14] | Please don’t say anything. | 请别说出去 |
[00:15] | Well done,sister. | 做得好 姐妹 |
[00:19] | How many women like me have to be raped | 在学院听得进我们的要求之前 |
[00:21] | Before this administration listens to our demands? | 有多少像我这样的女生得被强奸? |
[00:24] | Your room key? What if i drop in unexpectedly? | 你房间的钥匙? 如果 我来突击检查怎么办? |
[00:27] | There’s no one else. You ought to know that by now. | 我没有别人 你现在应该知道的 |
[00:31] | is it too tough?*** | 对你来说太难了吗? |
[00:33] | Instead of skipping meetings,why don’t you just quit? | 不要等缺席训练了 你干脆退出算了! |
[00:36] | Focus on your philosophy full-Time. | 给我集中精神 |
[00:38] | You read your plato,drink your espresso, | 你吃饱了喝足了 |
[00:41] | Eat all the cheese you want. | 练习该精力十足 |
[00:44] | football… | 足球… |
[00:45] | The systematic violation of the geneva convention | 一系列违反日内瓦公约的行为 |
[00:47] | Made into a sport. | 转变成这一项运动 |
[00:49] | I’m surprised the aspca doesn’t protest. | 我很惊讶ASPCA(美国防止虐待动物协会) 竟然没有提出抗议 |
[00:53] | Like these ladies. | 就像这些女生一样 |
[00:54] | “We go to hearst. Go ahead and rape us.” | “我们念Hearst 来强奸我们吧” |
[00:58] | Oh,boy. | 噢 |
[01:01] | Nudity. | 全裸 |
[01:02] | If you have words written on yourself,it’s not nudity. | 如果你身上写着标语 就不是全裸 |
[01:05] | It’s political speech,taking control of one’s body | 这是政治演说 运用个人的身体 |
[01:08] | To turn the objectifying male ge back on itself. | 反对男人重掌政权 |
[01:11] | Okay,no more college for you. | 好了 你书读太多了 |
[01:17] | So,logan,see you at the party? | Logan 聚会见了 |
[01:20] | Absolutely. | 当然 |
[01:21] | Bring your friend if you want. | 你想带朋友来也行 |
[01:24] | New friends? | 新朋友? |
[01:25] | Yeah,from weight-Lifting class. | 是的 举重班的 |
[01:27] | Right,the only class you never miss. | 很好 这是你唯一不逃的课 |
[01:29] | So,what,you guys,like, | 什么聚会?你们一起 |
[01:31] | Spot each other doing squat thrusts and stuff? | 拼下蹲什么的? |
[01:34] | And have group sex in the showers. | 还有在淋浴间里群交 |
[01:37] | What is this,jealous? | 这是怎么了?嫉妒? |
[01:38] | Oh,jealous would involve piano wire. | 噢 嫉妒的话应该勒死你 |
[01:41] | Oh. So what was that? | 噢 那到底怎么了? |
[01:43] | That was mild annoyance at the fact | 事实上是有些不爽 |
[01:46] | That two gym buddies invite you to a party, | 那两个运动伙伴邀你参加聚会 |
[01:48] | And you’re there already. | 你就立即答应 |
[01:50] | Whenever i want to do something interesting,you’re busy. | 而我想做些有意思的事情的时候 你都在忙 |
[01:53] | You mean interesting like some fossil | 你所说的有意思是指那些 |
[01:54] | Wheezing through a novel? | 小说里的过时笑话? |
[01:56] | First,martin amis isn’t a fossil, | 首先 Martin Amis不是个老古董 |
[01:58] | And,second,yes,it’s college. | 然后 是的 这是大学 |
[01:59] | We’re supposed to expand our horizons | 我们来这扩展自己的视野 |
[02:01] | Past video games and binge drinking. | 而不只是打游戏和狂饮 |
[02:03] | My horizons go slightly beyond that. Great. | – 我知道的可不止那些 – 很好 |
[02:05] | So how about tonight we check out the art-Major group show? | 那么今晚我们去看 艺术系的作品展如何? |
[02:09] | I’m busy? | 可以回答我很忙吗? |
[02:11] | No,really,i have a class till 10:00. | 不 事实上 我晚上十点才下课 |
[02:12] | But you come by afterwards,we could write on ourselves, | 不过如果十点以后你过来 我们可以自己 |
[02:15] | Get real political. | 写裸体宣言 |
[02:18] | That’s what a girl likes to hear. | 这正是女孩想听的 |
[02:20] | “Darling,do all the weird crap you like. | “亲爱的 无论你做什么都行 |
[02:23] | Just don’t be late for the booty call.” | 就是我要你的时候别来晚了” |
[02:25] | Really,how do you think that sounds? | 真的 你觉得怎么样? |
[02:27] | I think it sounds romantic. | 我觉得很浪漫 |
[02:28] | You also think weight lifting is an actual class. | 你甚至觉得举重是主课 |
[02:30] | Bye. I’ve got errands. | 再见 我有差事要做 |
[02:52] | What are you doing? | 你在干吗? |
[02:55] | The guy in the s.U.V. Looks like he digs magic, | S.U.V车里的家伙好像懂魔术 |
[02:58] | So i’m getting my doves. | 所以我来找鸽子 |
[03:00] | I’m leaving. What do you think? | 我要走 你以为我在干吗? |
[03:01] | My shift ended half an hour ago,man. | 半小时前我就结束工作了 兄弟 |
[03:03] | Not till ray-Ray gets here. | 没人接班就要继续 |
[03:04] | Screw you. I’ve been washing these… | 去你的 我已经洗了… |
[03:06] | Hey! No lip. | 嗨 少废话 |
[03:08] | Work or it’s back to chino. | 干 或者滚回监狱 |
[03:10] | Hey,hey,hey! | 喂喂喂 |
[03:11] | I hit my boss once. | 我也打过我的老板 |
[03:14] | It wasn’t quite worth the extra year. | 不值得因为这个加刑 |
[03:17] | All right? | 明白吗? |
[03:20] | I guess i’ll go wash | 我想我会去洗那些 爸爸买给宠坏的小贱人的毕业礼物 |
[03:20] | Some spoiled bitch’s graduation gift from daddy,huh? | 我想我会去洗那些 爸爸买给宠坏的小贱人的毕业礼物 |
[03:26] | I’m not spoiled, | 我可没被宠坏 |
[03:28] | And,technically,it wasn’t for graduation. | 而且严格说来 这车不是毕业礼物 |
[03:32] | What about the bitch part? | 那小贱人呢? |
[03:34] | That depends on who you ask. | 那就得看你问的是谁了 |
[03:36] | How are you,weevil? I haven’t seen you. | 还好么 Weevil? 我有段时间没见你了 |
[03:40] | Since that awkward arrested-For-Murder incident? | 自从那次谋杀案被捕以后? |
[03:42] | Yeah,i remember. | 是的 我记得 |
[03:44] | You plea bargained down to assault? | 法院只判了你人身侵犯? |
[03:46] | And now i’m working at the car wash, | 现在我在这家洗车场工作 |
[03:48] | Which,as it turns out, | 做了才知道 |
[03:49] | Is not as fun as the song might sound. | 不像歌里唱得那么有趣 |
[03:52] | Shoot. | 可恶 |
[03:54] | Hello? | 你好? |
[03:56] | Sure. Okay. | 当然 好的 |
[04:00] | And i’m being called in | 有人打电话给我 |
[04:01] | To see the dean of hearst college. | 让我去见下Hearst学院的院长 |
[04:04] | The leopard didn’t change her spots,i see. | 本性难改 我明白 |
[04:06] | I wonder if hearst knows about your… Hey! | -我想如果Hearst了解你… -喂 |
[04:09] | You think i’m paying you to harass the ladies? | 你认为我是付钱让你泡妞的吗 |
[04:11] | Screw off again,and you’re out on your ass,cholo. | 再偷懒 就给我滚蛋 你这杂种 |
[04:14] | You got me? | 听明白没? |
[04:15] | Weevil,don’t. | Weevil 别打 |
[04:18] | I got you. Now,what should i do with you,h? | 我听明白了 现在要我对你怎样? |
[04:21] | You should let me go so i can call your parole officer. | 你该放开我 好让我给假释官打电话 |
[04:29] | I didn’t change my spots,either. | 我也本性难改 |
[04:31] | Nice seeing you,”v.” | 很高兴见到你 V |
[04:35] | No,no,no,look. | 不不不 听着 |
[04:36] | I don’t want to be one of those | 我也不想成为 |
[04:38] | Mumbly college-Radio emo-Rocker guys | 唱词不清的摇滚小子 |
[04:41] | Who all they want to do is play their band’s demo,you know, | 满脑子都是乐队的样本带 |
[04:44] | Though i should mention | 不过我得说 |
[04:46] | That my band really is quite good. | 我的乐队真的不错 |
[04:48] | We’re called black licorice,which is really cool | 我们叫黑甘草 酷吧 |
[04:50] | ‘Cause it’s dark and moody | 听起来神秘又深沉 |
[04:51] | But,at the same time,it’s candy. | 但同时又很好听 |
[04:53] | so,you’re pitching what,exactly? | 你到底想推销什么? |
[04:55] | A call-In show… Political affairs,cultural affairs, | 观众来电访谈节目 …政治事件 文化事件 |
[04:58] | Whatever affairs. | 不管什么事件 |
[04:59] | Witty,smart,a little crazy. | 幽默 聪明 还有点疯狂 |
[05:01] | It’s like jon stewart meets “crossfire” | 就像Jon Stewart上”交锋”节目时那样 (Jon Stewart是个著名主持人) |
[05:03] | If jon stewart didn’t hate “crossfire.” | 如果Jon Stewart不讨厌那个节目的话 |
[05:06] | Hey,trish,sorry,but you didn’t see | 嘿 Trish 不好意思 |
[05:09] | A three-Ring binder in my room this morning? | 你早上有没有看到我房里的文件夹? |
[05:10] | No,what’s wrong? | 没有 怎么了? |
[05:12] | No,it’s nothing. I’m just dead. | 没什么 我死定了 |
[05:18] | Dean o’dell? | O’dell院长? |
[05:20] | They said you wanted to see me. | 他们说你要见我 |
[05:23] | we can download pictures | 我们可以手机下载 |
[05:26] | From the surface of the moons of jupiter onto portable phones, | 木星卫星的图片 |
[05:28] | But we can’t keep the air-Conditioning | 但是却没办法让空调 |
[05:30] | Running for more than a week at a time. | 正常运作一星期 |
[05:31] | Is there some clue about the human predicament | 有什么方法能让人类 |
[05:33] | Buried in that fact? | 摆脱这种尴尬吗? |
[05:34] | I’m a freshman. | 我只是个新生 |
[05:36] | I only recently figured out where waldo was. | 我最近才弄清楚Waldo在哪里 |
[05:40] | Please sit. | 请坐 |
[05:41] | Ah! | 啊! |
[05:45] | Your kids? | 你的小孩? |
[05:47] | My wife,my son from a previous marriage, | 我妻子 我和前妻的小孩 |
[05:49] | And my stepson. | 还有我的继子 |
[05:53] | Mrs. O’dell was my grad student | 我妻子是我的研究生 |
[05:55] | Back when you could do things like that. | 真想回到那时候啊 |
[05:58] | So,miss mars,it’s rare when a freshman | 言归正传 Mars小姐 很少有新生 |
[06:02] | Makes quite as big a splash here as quickly as you have. | 这么快就能登头版新闻 |
[06:05] | Well done. | 不错嘛 |
[06:06] | I’m talking about the free press article, | 我说的是这张免费报纸上的文章 |
[06:08] | The sorority expos?… Sharp piece of writing.. | 女生联谊会内幕?… 笔锋挺犀利.. |
[06:10] | Thanks. Actually,the editor took some liberties. | 谢谢 其实编辑有点处理不当 |
[06:13] | You wrote that a source told you | 你写道有消息称 |
[06:14] | That the house mother got her pot seeds | 联谊会屋主的大麻种子 |
[06:17] | From a staff member here. | 是从我们这的员工手上弄到的 |
[06:19] | I want to know who said it and who that staffer was. | 我想知道是谁说的 那个员工又是谁 |
[06:22] | Actually,dean o’dell,i think that’s covered under… | 其实 O’dell院长 我认为要… |
[06:24] | Protection of sources… | 消息来源保密… |
[06:25] | A fine thing for the new york times, | 纽约时报的好守则 |
[06:27] | But i want that name,so you can tell me | 但我要知道真相 你要么告诉我 |
[06:29] | Or i’ll have you expelled from hearst college. | 要么你就得被开除 -=伊甸园VM字幕联盟=- -=伊甸园VM字幕联盟=- -=伊甸园VM字幕联盟=- |
[07:01] | Veronica Mars Season 3 Episode 03 | 美眉校探 |
[07:07] | I wouldn’t give dean o’dell the name of my source. | 我拒绝告诉O’dell院长我的消息来源 |
[07:10] | He gave me a week to change my mind. | 他给了我一个星期的时间考虑 |
[07:12] | Piz,what are you doing here? | Piz 你来干什么? |
[07:15] | Wallace told me you worked at the information desk. | Wallace告诉我你在咨询台工作 |
[07:18] | You need some information? | 你要咨询? |
[07:19] | Okay,slugs have four noses. | Ok 鼻涕虫有四个鼻子 |
[07:21] | That’s what i’m offering today. | 今天的讯息就这么多了 |
[07:23] | I actually need more like a favor. | 我真的需要帮忙 |
[07:25] | My future mentor in radio… Knock on wood… | 我电台的朋友…祝我好运… |
[07:27] | Has a boyfriend with a problem,and i’m trying to impress her. | 她男朋友有麻烦了 我想给她留个深刻的印象 |
[07:31] | our football playbooks | 我们的足球战术手册 本来不能带走的 |
[07:32] | Aren’t supposed to leave the athletic complex, | 我们的足球战术手册 本来不能带走的 |
[07:35] | But i missed a few meetings for a lecture. | 但是我缺了几次课 |
[07:36] | I needed to catch up,so i had it in my bag. | 我得补上 所以就放包里了 |
[07:40] | We turn in each week’s game plans and new plays on mondays. | 我们每周一都得交新的战术计划 |
[07:43] | If i don’t have it,they’re gonna yank my scholarship. | 如果我不交 就没有奖学金了 |
[07:46] | So,staying on the team is worth $500, | 就是说呆在队上可以拿500块咯 |
[07:49] | Which is my fee. | 那我就收这么多 |
[07:50] | You said it was your friends rate. | 你说过是友情价的 |
[07:53] | It was my friends-Of-Friends rate, | 那是朋友的朋友啊 |
[07:55] | Which i’ve now extended to friends of friends of friends. | 现在是朋友的朋友的朋友 |
[07:58] | Fine. I mean,i can’t go to the cops. | 可以 因为我不能报警 |
[08:00] | It would just be admitting i lost it | 那样等于承认我丢了手册 |
[08:03] | Or,worse,it was stolen. | 甚至让它被偷了 |
[08:05] | Stolen,like,by another team? | 被偷了 别的球队干的? |
[08:07] | Or someone who wants him off the team. | 也许是想让他离队的人干的 |
[08:09] | She’s talking about my position coach. | 她指的是我的教练 |
[08:12] | I was a big deal,started here as a freshman, | 我高中是主力 在这里是新人 |
[08:14] | But then i tore my acl end of last season, | 但是上个赛季我拉伤了 |
[08:16] | And now i don’t see much playing time. | 现在没什么出场机会 |
[08:17] | As far as coach is concerned, | 在教练看来 |
[08:19] | I’m just a waste of a scholarship. | 我只是在浪费奖学金 |
[08:21] | So,tell me about that night, | 说下那晚的情况吧 |
[08:23] | Every place you could have lost it, | 任何你去过的地方 |
[08:24] | Every person who could have taken it. | 任何可能动过你东西的人 |
[08:26] | It was in my bag the whole time. | 手册一直在我包里 |
[08:27] | I didn’t have time to study it. | 我没时间看 |
[08:29] | I never unzipped it until today. | 直到今天才打开包 |
[08:30] | This bag? | 这个包? |
[08:31] | Yeah. I had it all night. | 对 我整晚都背着 |
[08:33] | I met trish, | 我碰到了Trish |
[08:35] | And we went to the art show at the student union. | 我们去了学生会的美术展 |
[08:38] | My friend larry had a few masterpieces on display. | 我朋友Larry在展示他的一些杰作 |
[08:43] | Then i went back to my room,and my buddy pop… | 然后我回到房间 我哥们Pop… |
[08:46] | Brian popovich… Stopped by to play “guitar hero.” | Brian Popovich… 我们开始玩”吉他英雄” (“吉他英雄” 一款电子游戏) |
[08:49] | Dude,that game rocks. | 伙计 那游戏太灵了 |
[08:51] | Yeah,it does. | 是 没错 |
[08:58] | Pop’s my best friend from the team. | Pop是我在队上最好的朋友 |
[09:01] | I was there the rest of the night. | 我在那待了整晚 |
[09:02] | The only other people i saw | 我唯一见到的其他人 |
[09:04] | Were these cheerleaders who dropped by. | 是那些过来玩的啦啦队长 |
[09:06] | They brought popcorn for pop. | 她们给Pop带了爆米花 |
[09:08] | Cheerleaders are clever that way. | 啦啦队长很擅长的 |
[09:10] | I have no idea where it went, | 我不清楚掉到哪里去了 |
[09:12] | But if i lose that scholarship… | 但如果我失去那笔奖学金… |
[09:14] | Kurt,we’ll figure out another way. | Kurt 我们会想到别的办法 |
[09:17] | I got the whole pell grant thing worked out, | 我解决奖学金的事 |
[09:19] | And your grades are great. | 再说你的成绩很棒 |
[09:20] | Maybe i don’t want to get thrown off the team,you know? | 也许我不想被赶出球队 知道吗? 我很爱我们球队 |
[09:23] | I need that book. | 我需要那本手册 |
[09:24] | Or a reasonable facsimile thereof? | 或者是还过得去的复印件? |
[09:27] | Maybe it’s easier | 更简单 |
[09:29] | To just get a new playbook for you to turn in. | 找一本新的战术手册交上去 |
[09:36] | Veronica mars,modern college girl on the go. | Veronica Mars 忙忙碌碌的 当代大学女生 |
[09:40] | Dick casablancas,neolithic college boy on the sauce. | Dick Casablancas 吃喝玩乐的 新石器时代大学男生 |
[09:43] | Okay. | 好吧 虽然不确定”新石器时代”是什么 但 嘿 我在读大学 |
[09:44] | Not sure what neolithic is, but, hey, i’m in college. | 好吧 虽然不确定”新石器时代”是什么 但 嘿 我在读大学 |
[09:48] | Maybe someone will teach me. | 也许有人会教教我 |
[09:49] | Actually,don’t you have class now? | 确切地说 你现在没课吗? |
[09:51] | Intro econ with logan,right? | “经济学入门” 和Logan一起 对吧? |
[09:53] | It was a walk. What? | – 只是走走形式 – 什么? |
[09:55] | If the prof doesn’t show within five minutes, | 如果教授在5分钟内不出现 |
[09:57] | You’re free to leave. | 就可以下课了 |
[09:58] | It’s a college rule. Look it up. | 大学校规 去查查 |
[10:00] | No messages. Where’s logan? | 没短信 Logan在哪? |
[10:02] | Nailing other chicks. | 泡妞 |
[10:12] | You look busy. | 你看上去很忙 |
[10:15] | Probably tough with me around less. | 我不在你身边 不好过了吧 |
[10:17] | All that stuff piling up? | 堆积如山的案子? |
[10:19] | Somewhat,yes. | 有一点 是的 |
[10:21] | I bet you’d be pretty psyched | 我打赌如果我找到一个可以帮忙的人 |
[10:23] | If i found someone who could help. | 你会感觉好点 |
[10:25] | The level of psyched would depend on the someone. | 好的程度取决于找的是谁 |
[10:29] | Eli navarro. Remember,from the… | Eli Navarro 记得吗 从… |
[10:32] | You mean weevil? Veronica,please. | 你是说Weevil? Veronica 拜托 |
[10:34] | Dad,i’m serious. | 爸 我是认真的 |
[10:35] | I don’t know… All those times i arrested him, | 我不知道…我逮捕他那么多次 |
[10:37] | He never struck me as great secretary material. | 从来没让我觉得 他是个做秘书的料 |
[10:40] | Didn’t he get busted for murder? Assault. | – 他不是因为谋杀被捕了吗? – 人身侵犯 |
[10:43] | See,so he’s not even a very good murderer. | 明白了 他都不是一个很好的谋杀犯 |
[10:45] | No way,veronica. | 不可能 Veronica |
[10:46] | You know how parole works. | 你知道假释是怎么回事 |
[10:48] | If he’s not employed by his next meeting, | 如果他在下次会面 前还没有被雇用 |
[10:50] | He goes back to jail. | 他就会回到牢里 |
[10:51] | I’m not running a charity. | 我又不是在做慈善事业 |
[10:52] | Don’t make me do the stare. | 别逼我用那个绝招 |
[11:05] | Hello? | 你好? |
[11:06] | Yeah,that’s us. | 是 是我们 |
[11:09] | Hold on. | 别挂 |
[11:10] | Hey,are you here? | 嘿 你可以接吗? |
[11:12] | Who is it? | 是谁? |
[11:13] | Who’s this? | 请问哪位? |
[11:14] | Margaret federbush? | |
[11:18] | Marguerite federbush. | |
[11:21] | Just take a message. | 记下来 |
[11:22] | I got to take a message. | 我得记下来 |
[11:24] | All right. | 好吧 |
[11:26] | She’ll call back. | 她会再打来 |
[11:32] | A shoe warehouse out east of grange… | 在农场东边的一个皮鞋仓库… |
[11:35] | Stock’s been disappearing. | 库存品不见了 |
[11:36] | Manager thinks that one of the security guys | 经理认为是其中一个保安 |
[11:39] | Might be embezzling. | 偷的 |
[11:40] | Delivery’s coming in this afternoon, | 今天晚些时候会有次进货 |
[11:42] | So you’re gonna stake the place out tonight. | 所以你今晚得监视那个地方 |
[11:44] | You familiar with these? | 你熟悉这个吗? |
[11:45] | Yeah,toasters,right? | 是的 烤面包的 是吧? |
[11:48] | Yeah,yeah,yeah. | 对 对 对 |
[11:49] | So the money shot we want is a security guy | 拍到那个保安在半夜里 |
[11:52] | Loading shoes in the middle of the night. | 装运鞋子的照片 我们就能拿钱了 |
[11:54] | You got it? | 知道了吗? |
[11:55] | I got it. | 知道了 |
[11:59] | It turns out getting a new playbook | 原来弄本新的战术手册 |
[12:01] | Isn’t as simple as running off a new copy. | 不像打印一份新的拷贝那么简单 |
[12:03] | According to kurt, | 据Kurt说 |
[12:05] | They’re printed out on athletic department stationery | 它们是打在体育系的信纸上 |
[12:07] | With an i.D. Number that changes | 还有一个随着周数和运动员 |
[12:09] | From week to week and player to player. | 而改动的识别码 |
[12:11] | They said you guys had a trainer? | 听说你们这有教练? |
[12:13] | Allison shivan totally thrashed my ankle,the little bitch. | Allison Shivan狠狠地打到我的脚踝 那个小贱人 |
[12:17] | That way. | 那边 |
[13:04] | World’s slowest printer. | 天底下最慢的打印机 |
[13:09] | thanks for meeting with me,coach. | 谢谢你能见我 教练 |
[13:13] | Not a problem. | 没什么 |
[13:16] | What’s on your md? | 你怎么想的? |
[13:19] | I just wanted to let you know that sonoma made me an offer. | 我只是想告诉你 Sonoma大学向我发了邀请 |
[13:21] | I ve it here,but they’re giving me a full ride. | 我是说 你知道我爱这里 但他们给我全额奖学金 |
[13:25] | Wait a minute. We can work something out. | 等等 我们可以解决 |
[13:27] | You know,i’ll make room for you to stay,pop. | 你知道 我会想办法让你留下来 Pop |
[13:32] | What is that? | 那是什么? 在打什么? |
[13:36] | Oh,my god! | 喔 我的天! |
[13:38] | What in god’s name? | 到底怎么回事? |
[13:40] | Oh,i am so,just,um… | 喔 我太 只是 呃… |
[13:46] | Uh,i am so…embarrassed. | 呃 我太…尴尬了 |
[13:50] | It’s a hazing thing, | 欺负新生的传统 |
[13:53] | And my sorority said i had to break in and steal a jock… | 姐妹联谊会让我偷偷进来 拿一条男式内裤… |
[13:55] | The little underwear,not,like,kidnap an athlete. | 小内裤 不是绑架运动员 |
[13:58] | God. | 天 |
[13:59] | Um,so do you think | 恩 你认为 |
[14:02] | Maybe i could borrow one for an hour or two? | 我可以借一条吗 就一两个小时? |
[14:10] | collecting jocks,are we? | 收集男式内裤 是吧? |
[14:11] | You’re gonna have the most colorful disciplinary file | 你会是新生当中拥有 |
[14:14] | In the freshman class. | 最多姿多彩的档案的 |
[14:16] | How about you give me that name, | 你把那个名字告诉我 |
[14:17] | And we’ll start over with a clean slate? | 就重新开始 干干净净的记录 |
[14:19] | I said i’m not giving up the name. | 我说了 我不会说的 |
[14:21] | And i said i’ll have you expelled. | 我也说了 我会开除你的 |
[14:23] | And i said i’m not giving up the name. | 我说了 我不会说的 |
[14:25] | Is this how this works? | 是这么说的吧? |
[14:27] | Dean o’dell,i am sorry,but i can’t sit out there any longer. | O’dell院长 抱歉 我不能再坐在外面等你们谈完了 |
[14:30] | We were just finishing up. | 我们正好谈完了 |
[14:32] | it’s insulting. | 这很没礼貌 |
[14:33] | You call us for a meeting, | 你叫我们来开会 |
[14:34] | And you strand us there with those lampoon jackasses? | 却让我们跟一些Lampoon白痴坐在一块 |
[14:37] | Did somebody say my name? Oh,great. | – 谁叫我? – 喔 太好了 |
[14:39] | Nice office. It’s good to be the dean. | 漂亮的办公室 做院长真好 |
[14:42] | Or did you call us in here because you changed your mind, | 你叫我们来 是你改变主意了 |
[14:45] | And you will stop these idiots | 你会阻止这些白痴 |
[14:46] | From publishing their misogynistic rag? | 出版他们那些歧视女性的垃圾了? |
[14:48] | Idiots? Where? Wait,us? | 白痴? 哪? 等等 我们? |
[14:50] | Stop publishing? Why? | 停止出版? 为什么? |
[14:52] | Because it’s offensive to women. | 因为冒犯了女性 |
[14:53] | I’m sorry,did someone say “rag”? | 抱歉 有人说”垃圾”吗? |
[14:56] | I should really go. | 我真的得走了 |
[14:57] | You have two days,miss mars. | 你还有两天 Mars小姐 |
[14:59] | Hey,you’re a woman. Does this upset you? | 嘿 你是个女的 这让你不爽吗? |
[15:04] | No,thanks,except maybe the blonde in the middle. | “还是免了(中间的金发mm除外)” |
[15:07] | A little,i guess. | 有一点 我想 |
[15:10] | The one in the middle. That’s claire. | 中间的那个 那是 Claire |
[15:12] | Claire,they want to rape you. That’s hate speech. | Claire 他们想要强暴你 那是贬抑言论 |
[15:14] | I meant more it says it’s a humor magazine, | 再多说一句 这是诙谐杂志 |
[15:17] | But i’m not seeing it. | 但我不看 |
[15:18] | Whether the lampoon’s content | Lampoon的内容 |
[15:20] | Qualifies as humor is debatable. | 是否诙谐 是有争议的 |
[15:22] | Hearst’s free-Speech policy isn’t. | 但Hearst的自由言论政策没有 |
[15:23] | That discussion was over yesterday. | 那个讨论昨天就结束了 |
[15:25] | Today we are discussing this. | 今天我们讨论这个 |
[15:28] | My wife and i went out last night,ame back to our volvo. | 昨晚我和妻子外出 回来看到我们的沃尔沃 |
[15:31] | That was what the mechanic hypothesized was a bat | 根据修理工说的 是球棒打的 |
[15:34] | Of some sort… $4,000 in dage. | 由于这样…4000块就这么没了 |
[15:35] | We didn’t do that. I agree. It’s impossible. | – 不是我们做的 – 我同意 不可能 |
[15:38] | Where would militant feminists get ahold of a softball bat? | 激进的女权主义者 怎么会用球棒呢? |
[15:40] | Very funny,pig. | 很有趣 猪头 |
[15:42] | Funny you should use that word. | 有意思 你用了这个词 |
[15:44] | No,they framed us. | 不 他们陷害我们 |
[15:46] | That’s the most ridiculous thing i’ve ever seen. | – 那是我见过最荒唐的东西 – 我该走了 |
[15:48] | We’re an easy target,dean. | 我们是容易受到攻击的目标 院长 |
[15:50] | You think that’s funny? | 你认为那有趣? |
[16:02] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[16:03] | So what am i on a scale of 1 to 10? | 我是几分? 1到10分 |
[16:07] | Um…1. | 恩…1分 |
[16:08] | 7. 4? | 7分 4分? |
[16:11] | Help me with some criteria. | 给我个标准 |
[16:12] | Gentlemanliness. | 绅士风度 |
[16:13] | I kind of resisted the impulse | 我昨晚稍稍忍住了 |
[16:15] | To make the so-Called booty call last night. | 打所谓的求爱电话的冲动 |
[16:18] | What? | 怎么了? |
[16:20] | Just the other day,my dad was saying | 前几天 我爸在说 |
[16:22] | I had a thing for trying to reform unreformable bad boys. | 说我就是喜欢去 感化那些不可救药的坏男孩 |
[16:26] | What does that have to do with me? | 那跟我有什么关系? |
[16:27] | I’m reformable,good,and a man. | 我是浪子回头 人品不错 而且还是个男人 |
[16:29] | Dick said the class was a walk. | Dick说那课只是走走形式 |
[16:31] | You could have gone to the art thing. | 你可能去了那个美术展 |
[16:34] | Wait,dick said what? | 等等 Dick说什么? |
[16:35] | It was a walk… | 走走形式… |
[16:37] | You know,the five-Minute rule if the professor doesn’t show. | 你知道的 5分钟条例 如果教授没出现 |
[16:39] | Dick’s idea of five minutes is,like,one. | Dick的5分钟 就是1分钟 |
[16:42] | Ask madison sinclair. The professor showed. | 问问Madison Sinclair 后来教授来了 |
[16:45] | You mind showing me the notes? | 你可以让我看看笔记吗? |
[16:47] | Forget it. | 别想 |
[16:49] | You’re hardly the first girl to be led astray by dick. | 你不是第一个被Dick糊弄的女生 |
[16:52] | Hey,so you up for something tonight? | 嘿 你今晚打算做什么? |
[16:53] | Maybe noam chomsky’s | 也许诺姆・乔姆斯基正在 (美国语言学家和语言哲学家) |
[16:55] | Reading the havana phone book somewhere. | 什么地方看哈瓦那的电话本 |
[16:57] | I’m stuck at work tonight. Maybe you could drop by. | 我今晚得工作 也许你可以过来看看 |
[17:02] | So a booty call in the library. | 在图书馆打求爱电话 |
[17:04] | Maybe i just will. | 也许我会的 |
[17:17] | Hey,have you seen mac? | 嘿 你见过Mac吗? |
[17:18] | She and parker just left wearing workout stuff. | 她和Parker穿着运动服出去了 |
[17:21] | Maybe they’re going to the stairmaster. | 也许去练台阶器了 |
[17:26] | Hey,looking for me? | 嘿 在找我? |
[17:29] | Am now. Yes. | 现在 是的 |
[17:30] | So thanks to the stone-Age printer | 因为教练办公室里 |
[17:33] | In the coach’s office, | 那个石器时代的打印机 |
[17:34] | It doesn’t look like stealing new pages is a viable plan. | 偷新手册似乎是行不通了 |
[17:39] | However,there might be something | 不过 涉及到一些 |
[17:40] | To your theory on that coach | 你关于那个教练的看法 |
[17:42] | Because while i was snooping around the locker room, | 因为当我在更衣室到处查看的时候 |
[17:45] | I ran into him,and… | 我无意中看到他 还有… |
[17:49] | What’s that? | 那是什么? |
[17:49] | I don’t remember leaving you a really bad painting. | 我不记得给了你这么糟糕的画像 |
[17:55] | It’s larry. | 是Larry |
[17:56] | Art show larry? | 美术展的Larry? |
[17:58] | Well,i told you we went out last year. | 我告诉过你 去年我们约会过 |
[18:00] | You didn’t tell me he was stalking you. | 你没说他还在追你 |
[18:01] | I really thought he’d moved on. | 我真的以为他接受现实了 |
[18:03] | “Seriously,drop that meathead. | “我说真的 甩掉那个头脑简单的家伙 |
[18:06] | You know you’re still my muse.” | 你知道你仍然是我的缪斯” |
[18:09] | Meathead? I thought he liked me. | 头脑简单? 我以为他喜欢我 |
[18:12] | He more hates you. | 他更讨厌你 |
[18:14] | Enough to steal his playbook? | 讨厌到偷他的战术手册? |
[18:18] | You had it at the art show,right? | 美术展的时候还在 是吧? |
[18:23] | I just don’t think it’s the guard,man. | 我不认为是那个保安 伙计 |
[18:27] | He don’t feel like a thief. | 他看上去不像个贼 |
[18:29] | Look,he reads comics. | 瞧 他在看漫画 |
[18:31] | He drives a v.W. Bug. | 他开大众甲克虫 |
[18:34] | No,this is our guy. | 不是他 这个才是 |
[18:36] | Eli,that’s the owner. | Eli 那是失主 |
[18:38] | Not him,the truck. The driver. | 不是他 卡车 那个司机 |
[18:42] | I read the file. | 我读了档案 |
[18:44] | The guy’s been there for years with a spotless record. | 那家伙在那干了几年了 一点不良记录都没有 |
[18:46] | Why would he… Steal shoes? | – 他为什么要… – 偷鞋? |
[18:48] | He picked up a habit,a nasty one. | 他染上了 龌龊的习惯 |
[18:52] | Check him out. | 看看他 |
[18:53] | Scrawny guy,sniffles a lot,always eating candy… | 皮包骨头 老是吸鼻涕 经常吃糖… |
[18:57] | Heroin. | 海洛因 |
[18:59] | And,here,check this out. | 还有 这 看看这个 |
[19:01] | He’s off-Loading the truck. | 他在从卡车上卸货 |
[19:02] | Yeah,but check the difference. | 是 不过找找不同点 |
[19:05] | Here he’s straining,right? | 这 他很吃力 对吧? |
[19:07] | Then here it’s no problem. | 但这 没问题了 |
[19:09] | It’s easygoing,like… Like it’s light. | – 很轻松 就象…象 – 很轻 |
[19:11] | Empty. | 空的 |
[19:13] | Eli,that’s… | Eli 做的… |
[19:16] | That’s some fine detective work. | 做的很不赖 |
[19:19] | yeah,man,i knew it. | 是 伙计 我就知道 |
[19:22] | Once i saw the guard,i was like,”this can’t be the guy.” | 我一见到保安 就知道”不可能是他” |
[19:25] | And then i was taking a look at the pictures. | 然后我看了看照片 |
[19:27] | Have you slept yet? | 你睡过了吗? |
[19:28] | Not yet. | 还没 |
[19:36] | A couple lost their adult son | 一对夫妇失去他们的儿子 |
[19:38] | A few years ago to a car accident. | 几年前的一场交通事故 |
[19:40] | They think their grandson is being abused by their daughter-In-Law. | 他们认为儿媳在虐待他们的孙子 |
[19:43] | Think you can get a few hours’ sleep and go back on stakeout? | 你可以先去睡个几小时 再去盯梢? |
[19:47] | I’ll go right now if you need me to. | 如果你需要 我现在就可以去 |
[19:49] | I like the hustle,but the kid’s in school till 3:00. | 我喜欢抓紧时间的人 但孩子3点才放学 |
[19:59] | What do you think? | 你怎么看? |
[20:05] | Feels kind of… | 感觉有点… |
[20:08] | Let me guess. You’re an art major. | 让我猜猜 你是美术专业的 |
[20:11] | Interested amateur. | 有兴趣的业余爱好者 |
[20:13] | It just looks like you’re having muse trouble. | 看上去你有缪斯的麻烦 |
[20:17] | Yeah,like your muse isn’t your muse anymore | 是啊 你的缪斯 不再是你的缪斯了 |
[20:21] | Because she dumped you | 因为 她甩了你 |
[20:25] | For,like,a meathead. | 为了象 一个头脑简单的家伙 |
[20:27] | Um,i don’t know what you think that’s about, | 恩 我不知道你怎么想到的 |
[20:32] | But i’m busy. | 但我很忙 |
[20:34] | Yeah,me too. | 是 我也是 |
[20:35] | So let’s cut the crap. | 那我们就开门见山 |
[20:38] | Did you steal kurt’s playbook,larry? | 你有没有偷Kurt的战术手册 Larry? |
[20:40] | There’s something i can use, | 一本写满橄榄球战术的手册 |
[20:43] | A book full of football plays. | 对我有什么用? |
[20:45] | Maybe if it got your romantic rival kicked off the team. | 也许让你情敌被踢出球队 |
[20:48] | I see,so he can spend more time with trish? | 明白了 可以让他有更多的时间跟Trish在一起? |
[20:50] | Great theory. You are clearly a genius. | 超棒的理论 你真是个天才 |
[20:53] | If he’s off the team,he loses his scholarship. | 如果他不在球队 就会失去奖学金 |
[20:56] | He’s gone. | 就会离开 |
[20:57] | And trish is alone and ready to cry | Trish会很孤单 准备在你骨感的 |
[21:00] | On your bony-Ass,paint-Spattered shoulder. | 沾满颜料的肩膀上哭泣 |
[21:03] | Look, whoever you are, i’m not a criminal mastermind. | 瞧 无论你是谁 我不懂策划犯罪 |
[21:07] | I’m just a painter. | 我只是个画家 |
[21:10] | Yeah, well, so was Hitler. | 是啊 希特勒也是 |
[21:21] | Let me see your backpack. | 让我看看你的背包 |
[21:22] | It’s on my chair. What’s up? | 在椅子上 怎么了? |
[21:27] | Just had a little chat with our friend Larry… | 跟你的朋友Larry谈了一小会… |
[21:29] | Enormous tool, by the way. | 顺便说一句 他很厉害 |
[21:30] | Trish totally traded up. | 让他做男朋友 Trish绝对是占便宜 |
[21:33] | – thanks. what are… – Sure. | – 谢谢 是什么… – 当然 |
[21:35] | Anyway, everything Larry touches is smeared with oil paint. | 不管怎样 Larry碰过的东西 一定会沾到油画颜料 |
[21:39] | He’s got motive and opportunity. | 他有动机 有机会 |
[21:42] | So all we need is a single smudge in the bag. | 只要我们在包上找到一点污渍 |
[21:46] | Come on, Larry, please be guilty. | 来吧 Larry 露出你的尾巴 |
[21:56] | You said pop walked onto the hearst football team, right? | 你说 Pop想进Hearst球队 是吧? |
[22:05] | So if you lost your scholarship, | 所以 如果你失去了奖学金 |
[22:08] | It could, theoretically, go to him? | 那从理论上讲就会给他? |
[22:10] | Pop couldn’t. I mean, he’s my… | Pop不会 我是说 他是我的… |
[22:11] | Then how did it get in there? You never opened the bag. | 那这个是怎么进来的? 你从来没打开过包 |
[22:14] | He would know to trash it. | 就算他做了 也会马上扔掉 |
[22:16] | There’s no way we would prove it. | 我们没办法证明 |
[22:18] | So we blackmail him. That’s the buty of blackmail. | 我们勒索他 这就是勒索的美好一面 |
[22:21] | If i call him and he shows, he’s guilty. | 如果我打给他 他来了 他就是心虚 |
[22:23] | Get him to confess on tape, we force him to take the fall. | 把他的坦白录下来 我们强迫他承担过错 |
[22:27] | Please, i’ve only done this a million times. | 拜托 我已经做了不下一百万次了 |
[22:30] | So, how did people blackmail each other before e-Mail? | 人们在E-mail还没发明的时候怎么勒索别人? |
[22:33] | 30 years ago, i’d be here all night | 30年前 我得整晚在这 |
[22:35] | Cutting letters from a magazine and getting glue everywhere. | 从杂志上剪下单词 把胶水弄的到处都是 |
[22:38] | Now it’s just one button. | 现在 只要一个键 |
[22:42] | And i’m ready for my official boyfriend visit. | 我已经为我正式男友的来访做好了准备 |
[22:48] | And last but not, by no means, least, thorsten veblen. | 最后 但决不是最薄的 范勃伦 (经济学家) |
[22:52] | Enjoy. | 慢慢享受 |
[23:02] | Hey, it’s me. | 嘿 是我 |
[23:04] | I don’t think i’ll be able to make it tonight… | 我想我今晚来不了… |
[23:06] | – come on, do it. – Come on. | – 来啊 快做 – 快 |
[23:09] | …’cause it looks like i’m getting lucky. | …看来我今晚走运了 |
[23:11] | See you tomorrow, babe. | 明天见 宝贝 |
[23:16] | Now, here’s a moral dilemma. | 现在 涉及到一个道德两难 |
[23:18] | You have a cellphone tracker | 你有一个手机追踪器 |
[23:19] | Which cost your dad hundreds of dollars. | 花了你老爸几百块 |
[23:21] | You went through the trouble Of activating your gps chip in your boyfriend’s phone, | 你又历尽千辛终于启动了 男朋友手机里GPS芯片 |
[23:25] | So is it a waste of your dad’s hard-Earned money and your time If you don’t use it? | 那如果你不用岂不浪费了 你老爸的几百块和你的时间? |
[23:35] | Hey, guys, hey. Good to see you guys. How are you? | 嗨 伙计们 嗨 很高兴见到你们 还好吗? |
[23:38] | Looking good. Looking good. | 看好 看好 |
[23:39] | Angela, that is a sharp-Looking jacket. Good to see you. | Angela 夹克衫很酷 很高兴见到你 |
[23:43] | Yo, we’re running low on vodka. | 呦 我们的伏特加快没了 |
[23:45] | Can you rent more buck? do something about it? | 能再搞点钱吗? 你该怎么做? |
[23:49] | Whoo-Hoo! Oh, nice! | 哦 好! |
[23:51] | That’s what i like to see, everybody having a good time. | 这正是我想看到的 人人都玩的开心 |
[24:06] | And you, my friend, | 而你 我的朋友 |
[24:07] | Appear to be in the proverbial catbird seat. | 显然手气不错 |
[24:15] | Is that what they’re calling the toilet these days? | 现在他们这么称呼马桶了? |
[24:18] | ‘Cause that’s what i think i’m in. | 因为这是我认为我现在的境地 |
[24:32] | What are you doing here? | 你在这儿干嘛? |
[24:33] | I was about to ask you the same question. | 我正想问你同样的问题 |
[24:35] | First, let’s start out with where exactly here is. | 首先 我们从这里究竟是什么地方开始 |
[24:39] | My room. Mercer. Mercer Hayes. | 我的房间 我叫Mercer |
[24:43] | Just veronica. | 叫我Veronica就行了 |
[24:44] | So this is why you stood me up? | 那么这就是你放我鸽子的原因? |
[24:47] | – Are you playing, or is your seat… – It’s free. | – 你玩吗 否则你的位置… – 没主的 |
[24:49] | Unlike me, apparently. | 显然不像我有主 |
[24:51] | Veronica, it’s not like i promised. | Veronica 我没有答应什么 |
[24:54] | Wait, how did you find me? | 等一下 你怎么找到我的? |
[24:56] | Easily. I just followed the pungent smell of money going to waste. | 简单 我只是跟着金钱的铜臭味 即将被挥霍一空 |
[24:59] | So, what was it, a bug, a tracer? | 那 这算什么 窃听 跟踪? |
[25:01] | Relex,I just traced your phone. | 放轻松 我只是追踪你的电话 |
[25:03] | Can you maybe move this outside? | 你们可以出去说吗? |
[25:04] | Hey, m-M-Mercer, | 嗨, M-M-Mercer, |
[25:07] | You got a spread on this weekend’s game? | 你们周末有场Spread? (注:Spread是一种赌球的方法) |
[25:08] | I d-D-D-Do. | 我 有..有..有 |
[25:11] | You must hate when people do that. | 你一定很讨厌别人这样 |
[25:13] | It’s us by four. | 我们队是4 (注:Spread中用到的点数) |
[25:16] | Yeah, so if you don’t mind. | 好吧 如果你们不介意 |
[25:24] | You know, as adorable as it is when you do it to criminals, | 你知道 虽然对罪犯这样做很可爱 |
[25:27] | The surveillance thing is starting to bug. | 但老在监视就有点烦人了 |
[25:29] | You said you’d come by. | 你说你会过来 |
[25:30] | Might come by. | 可能过来 |
[25:32] | And then on your message i heard all this partying, | 而我在你的留言里 听到那些派对的声音 |
[25:34] | And i wanted to know what was going on. | 我想知道是怎么回事 |
[25:36] | While i appreciate your interest, big brother… | 我感谢你的关心 Big Brother… |
[25:38] | Wow, a “1984” reference. | 哇 出自”1984″ (一本小说 书中统治者Big Brother监视其市民) |
[25:40] | Did you read that in weight lifting? | 你在举重的时候读到的吗? |
[25:43] | You know, your dad was half right. | 知道吗 你爸说对了一半 |
[25:46] | You have a thing for bad boys, | 你有坏男人情结 |
[25:47] | But you don’t want to reform them. | 但你并不感化他们 |
[25:50] | You just get off on judging them. | 你只是享受在一旁挑剔他们 |
[25:52] | Which reminds me… | 提醒了我… |
[25:53] | Can i borrow your copy of “101 brooding comments”? | 能把你那本 “101句阴暗评语”借我吗? |
[25:56] | I only have the cliffs notes. | 我只有浓缩精华版 (注: CliffsNotes是将名著浓缩的系列丛书) |
[25:58] | Look, i got to run, so to save you the trouble, | 我要走了 你也不用查了 |
[26:01] | I’m surfing in mexico with dick and mercer this weekend. | 周末我和Dick和Mercer去墨西哥冲浪 |
[26:03] | I’ll fax you the coordinates So you don’t incur cell-Tracking charges, | 我会把坐标传真给你 你就不用花钱追踪手机 |
[26:06] | And i’ll keep a journal of my bad thoughts | 而且我会把自己的 不轨想法都记录下来 |
[26:08] | In case you want to stick my face in a cage of rats. | 以免你想把我的脸捅进老鼠洞 |
[26:12] | Sorry, “1984” is the only book i read. | 抱歉 “1984”是我唯一读过的书 |
[26:23] | * the most tender place in my heart * | |
[26:27] | * is for strangers | |
[26:32] | * i know it’s unkind | |
[26:40] | I gotta fire off job today | 我今天丢了工作 |
[26:42] | What? What hap… | 什么? 怎么回… |
[26:46] | Weevil? | |
[26:48] | I sent him on surveillance the other night | 前天我让他去监视 |
[26:50] | He did great, really great. | 他做的很好 非常好 |
[26:54] | I sent him on another one last night, | 昨晚我又让他去监视 |
[26:57] | A child-Abuse case. | 一个虐待孩子的案子 |
[26:59] | A couple’s son died in a crash, | 一对夫妻的儿子死于车祸 |
[27:01] | and they suspect The daughter-In-Law’s hitting their grandson, | 他们怀疑他们的儿媳 打他们的孙子 |
[27:04] | So they want custody. | 他们想要监护权 他做了什么? |
[27:05] | What did he do? | 他们想要监护权 他做了什么? |
[27:06] | Weevil found out It’s not the daughter-In-Law, | Weevil发现(打人的)并不是儿媳 |
[27:08] | it’s the new boyfriend. | 是儿媳的新男友 |
[27:09] | – So weavil… – Hit the new boyfriend. | – 所以Weevil… – 打了那个男友 |
[27:11] | Repeatedly. | 好几次 |
[27:12] | The daughter-In-Law realized what he was doing there. | 儿媳知道了他是干吗的 |
[27:14] | Lawyers got involved, | 律师介入 |
[27:16] | The grandparents lost their chance. | 祖父母失去了机会 |
[27:18] | I lost the job | 我失去了工作 |
[27:20] | And my chance to protect the kid from further abuse. | 以及保护让那个孩子 不再遭受虐待的机会 |
[27:23] | Oh, my god. | 哦 天 |
[27:27] | Dad, it won’t happen again. | 爸爸 这决不会再发生了 |
[27:32] | He really needs the work. | 他真的很需要这份工作 |
[27:34] | So do i, honey. | 我一样 亲爱的 |
[27:36] | He’s got to go. | 他必须得走 |
[27:49] | So, is he mad? | 那 他生气了? |
[27:51] | Actually… | 事实上… |
[27:55] | …i asked if i could be the one to talk to you. | …我拜托他让我和你谈谈 |
[27:58] | He said he has to let you go. | 他说 他不得不让你走 |
[28:02] | It’s not personal. | 不是个人原因 |
[28:04] | He likes you. He said you’re a good… | 他喜欢你 他说你是一个很好的… |
[28:06] | Don’t sugarcoat it, all right? I get it. | 别掩饰了 好吗? 我明白 |
[28:11] | I’d fire me. | 我也会开除我的 |
[28:14] | Man, i just… | 伙计 我就是… |
[28:17] | I really dug this stuff, you know? | 我真的喜欢这些 知道吗? |
[28:20] | I actually thought was okay at it. | 我真以为我可以 |
[28:24] | – really sorry, weevil. – It’s all right. | – 真抱歉 Weevil – 没事 |
[28:26] | Listen, do you know anybody else who’s hiring ex-Cons, | 听着 你知道还有其他什么地方 雇出狱的人吗 |
[28:30] | Because if i don’t get a job in a week, | 因为如果一周内我找不到新工作 |
[28:33] | I’m going back to the joint. | 我就得重新回牢里了 |
[28:36] | I wish i did. | 我希望我知道 |
[28:38] | But, actually, if you can still borrow tools from your uncle, | 但 实际上 如果你还能用你叔叔的工具的话 |
[28:44] | I can get you two grand to fix the dean’s car. | 我可以给你两千块帮院长修好这车 |
[28:52] | Can i check that out? | 我能看下这本书吗? |
[28:53] | Guilty conscience, eh? | 良心发现了 啊? |
[28:55] | No, actually, somebody told me | 不 实际上 有人告诉我 |
[28:57] | I needed to come down here and check it out. | 我得下来看看这本书 |
[28:59] | Me. I left you the message. | 我 我留的信息 |
[29:02] | You. So, what’s this about? | 你 那么 这是怎么回事? |
[29:05] | You said that you knew i’d done something wrong. | 你说你知道我做了什么错事 |
[29:07] | That sound in your head, pop, | 你脑袋里的那个声音 Pop |
[29:10] | It is the beating of this hideous heart! | “是那可怕的心跳” (注:小说主人公 杀人分尸后埋在地板下,每晚都听见心跳) |
[29:14] | But, seriouslyi’m giving you the chance to come clean. | 但说真的 我将给你个坦白的机会 |
[29:17] | I know what you did to Kurt. | 我知道你对Kurt做了什么 |
[29:18] | There’s no sense trying to deny it. | 抵赖是没有意义的 |
[29:23] | Good. You’re doing great. | 好 你做到很好 |
[29:25] | Now we just need to figure out | 现在我们需要想想 |
[29:26] | How you can set things straight with Kurt. | 怎样才能弥补Kurt |
[29:29] | I mean, i assume you trashed it, so… | 我是说 我假设你已经把它扔了 所以… |
[29:32] | No, i’ve still got it. | 没 我还留着它 |
[29:33] | – You do? – Yeah. | – 你留着? – 是 |
[29:35] | Do you want me to give it to you? | 你要我给你吗? |
[29:36] | Well, yeah, that would be a good start. | 是的 那将是个良好的开始 |
[29:42] | I mean, i don’t really get the third degree. | 我是说 我并没拿到三等 |
[29:45] | It’s just a lousy sociology assignment. | 只是讨厌的社会学作业 |
[29:48] | I didn’t think it would be that big of a deal. | 我没想到对他会这么重要 |
[29:50] | Wait. | 等等 |
[29:51] | When you broke into Kurt’s bag, you were stealing homework? | 你打开Kurt包是为了偷作业? |
[29:54] | I was behind, and i thought It’s not like either of us would get caught, so… | 我在后面 我想我们都不会被抓住 所以… |
[29:59] | When you swiped this, did you see a playbook in his bag? | 你偷这个的时候 有没有看见一本战术手册在里面? |
[30:02] | Yeah, which is actually against the rules, but Kurt’s cool. | 有啊 那其实是违反规定的 但Kurt人很好 |
[30:06] | And i was stealing his homework. | 而我在偷他的作业 |
[30:07] | What time did you stop playing “guitar hero” that night? | 那天你们什么时候不玩’吉他英雄’了 |
[30:11] | I don’t know, 1:00-Ish? | 我不知道 1:00 左右? |
[30:13] | Whenever his girl showed up and kicked me out. | 在他女朋友出现 把我赶走的时候 |
[30:15] | Trish? | |
[30:23] | Veronica! Guess who just got his own radio show? | 猜猜谁得到了自己的电台节目 |
[30:26] | Me. | 我 |
[30:27] | I do feel like you had something to do with it, though… | 我也的确感到这和你有些关系… |
[30:30] | You know, you helping the boss’s boyfriend. | 你知道 你在帮老大的男朋友 |
[30:34] | Well, it’s a good thing you got the show | 你拿到节目是好事 |
[30:35] | Because i’m about to make Trish real unhappy. | 因为我将会让Trish非常不开心 |
[30:38] | Trish, did you talk to Kurt yet? | Trish 你和Kurt谈过了吗 |
[30:41] | No, what’s up? | 没 怎么了? |
[30:49] | My boyfriend has a weight-Lifting class, | 我男朋友参加了一个举重课 |
[30:51] | And i was meeting him by the stadium, and i saw Kurt. | 我在运动场见他 看见Kurt了 |
[30:54] | I think he turned himself in. | 我想他去自首了 |
[30:56] | – What makes you think… – Coach fry had him running the stadium, | – 你怎么知道… – Fry教练罚他绕着体育场跑步 |
[30:59] | Yelling like a maniac about him losing the playbook | 疯狂的大骂他丢了的战术手册 |
[31:02] | And how he’s gonna be running the stadium steps every day. | 他要每天跑体育场的阶梯 |
[31:05] | You were right, Trish. That guy really has it in for Kurt. | 你是对的 Trish 那人是冲着Kurt的 |
[31:09] | But he didn’t get kicked off? | 但他没被开除? |
[31:11] | I’d say getting kicked off would have been a bargain. | 我敢说这一切换来了不被开除 |
[31:18] | 30 minutes… That should be about right… | 30分钟… 应该刚刚好… |
[31:20] | 30 minutes for Trish to come apart at the seams. | 30分钟让Trish丧失理智 |
[31:26] | What is she doing in there? | 她在里面干嘛? |
[31:32] | Redecorating? | 翻修? |
[31:40] | I took Kurt’s playbook. | 我拿了Kurt的战术手册 |
[31:41] | You don’t say. | 你不是说真的 |
[31:43] | And now it’s gone, | 现在它不见了 如果我找不到它 |
[31:44] | and if i don’t find it, | 现在它不见了 如果我找不到它 |
[31:45] | Kurt is gonna keep getting tortured. | Kurt就会一直受折磨 |
[31:46] | Well, the good news is i lied about that. | 好消息是那是我编的 |
[31:50] | You wanted your boyfriend to lose his scholarship | 你希望你的男朋友丢掉奖学金 |
[31:52] | Just so, what, you two could spend more time together? | 就为了你们俩可以多呆在一起? |
[31:56] | No. | 不 |
[31:57] | I Wanted him off so he wouldn’t be miserable. | 我希望他离开就不用那么惨了 |
[32:00] | That coach treats him like a piece of meat. | 那教练把他当案板上的肉对待 |
[32:04] | Kurt… Kurt absolutely lived for that team. | Kurt… Kurt完全为了球队而活 |
[32:07] | And when he wrecked his knee for them, | 当他为他们弄伤了膝盖 |
[32:10] | How did they thank him? | 他们怎么谢他的? |
[32:11] | They made his life hell. | 他们让他生活在地狱里 |
[32:13] | Trish, you can’t quit for him. | Trish 你不能帮他退出 |
[32:17] | We need to get that book back. | 我们得拿回那本书 |
[32:18] | Fine. But it’s gone, and i have no idea where it could be. | 好吧 但它不见了 我不知道它在哪 |
[32:28] | Think about it. We know who has it. | 想想吧 我们知道谁拿了它 |
[32:41] | Where’s the playbook, Larry? | 战术手册在哪里 Larry? |
[32:43] | Get off me, you dumb goon! | 放开我 你这个傻大个! |
[32:45] | Where’s the playbook, Larry? | 战术手册在哪里 Larry? |
[32:46] | Where’s the playbook? | 战术手册在哪里? |
[32:47] | You’re entering a world of pain, Larry. | 你即将满身伤痛 Larry |
[32:50] | It… It’s under the couch. | 它… 它在沙发下面 |
[33:03] | Cool. Let’s go. | 完了 我们走 |
[33:05] | Uh, i don’t think it’s cool, actually. | 呃 我不觉得完了 实际上 |
[33:08] | I saw him sniffing around mercer’s casino sports book | 我在Mercer的赌场看见他鬼鬼祟祟的 |
[33:12] | Checking the spread on saturday’s game. | 询问周六的赌局 |
[33:14] | Sounds like pretty good odds, huh? | 看来非常奇怪 呃? |
[33:16] | Your roomie swipes a playbook From his ex-Girlfriend’s meathead new boyfriend, | 你的室友从前女友的 傻瓜新男友手里偷来了战术手册 |
[33:21] | So why not pass it along to the other team | 为什么不把它直接交给另一个队 |
[33:23] | And then bet the farm against hearst? | 然后赌Hearst输 |
[33:26] | You gave sonoma state the playbook? | 你把战术手册给Sonoma州立大学了? |
[33:28] | Larry was in on it, too. | Larry 也参与了 |
[33:31] | no one will know it was you, Kurt. | 没有人会知道是你的 Kurt |
[33:32] | Just turn in your pages tomorrow like everyone else. | 明天像其他人一样把你那页交上去 |
[33:34] | And just let the team get their asses kicked? | 然后让球队被打的落花流水? |
[33:36] | After what they did to you? What do you owe them? | 在他们这样对你之后? 你还欠他们什么? |
[33:40] | I guess you don’t know me that well. | 我猜你还不了解我 |
[33:47] | I can’t believe you got so much done that fast. | 我不敢相信你这么快就搞定了 |
[33:50] | Well, only one of those dents is serious. | Well 只有一个凹痕比较严重 |
[33:52] | The windows and paint will take another day or so. | 窗户和喷漆还得一天左右 |
[33:55] | It’s not so bad. | 不是太坏 |
[33:57] | So, hey, the dean’s a pal of yours? | 那么 嗨 院长是你朋友? |
[33:58] | You actually made friends with somebody? | 你真交到朋友了? |
[34:00] | Actually, he wants me expelled. | 事实上 他想开除我 |
[34:02] | That sounds more like it. | 这听上去更合理 |
[34:03] | I didn’t figure him to be so uptight. | 我也觉得他不是保守派 |
[34:05] | He’d outlaw women wearing pants. | 他会把女性穿长裤定为非法 |
[34:09] | Why would you say that? | 为什么这样说? |
[34:10] | I figured with the cool car and the badass tunes, | 从这辆酷车和前卫的音乐 |
[34:13] | He’d be a cool guy. | 我想他很酷 |
[34:14] | Badass tunes? | 前卫的音乐? |
[34:16] | This was in the cd player. | 这个在CD机里 |
[34:24] | Okay, | 好了 |
[34:26] | so here’s the deal. | 交易是这样的 |
[34:28] | You can go ahead and expel me | 你可以直接开除我 |
[34:29] | Because i’m not giving up the name, | 因为我不会告诉你是谁 |
[34:32] | Or we can drop the whole thing | 或者我们忘了这件事 |
[34:34] | and i can make your problem With the lilith house and the lampoon and the car go away. | 我帮你解决掉你和Lilith House 和Lampoon以及车的麻烦 |
[34:44] | So you can make all this go away. | 你能让这些全消失? |
[34:48] | You a big fan of the transplants? | 你喜欢Transplants吗? |
[34:50] | I don’t know what that is. | 我不知道那是什么 |
[34:52] | It’s a band. Your son knows. | 一个乐队 你儿子知道 |
[34:58] | I even read they had a show the other night. | 我还读到那晚他们有一个演出 |
[34:59] | Did he go? | 他去了吗? |
[35:00] | He’s 15. He’s not allowed. | 他才15 不允许去 |
[35:02] | I think he did anyway. | 我想他还是去了 |
[35:04] | I think he took your car and snuck out, blasting his cd. | 我想他开了你的车溜了出去 听着他的cd |
[35:07] | Then, when he dented it, | 然后 撞坏了车子 |
[35:08] | Knowing you’d murder him if you found out, | 他知道你发现了一定会杀了他 |
[35:10] | He trashed it to make it look like feminists did it. | 于是他就把它糟蹋的 像女权主义者做的一样 |
[35:13] | See, | 瞧 |
[35:16] | this dent is way too deep. | 这个凹痕太深了 |
[35:18] | A baseball bat couldn’t have done that. | 棒球棒打不出来 |
[35:20] | And there was paint chipped off on the inside. | 里面也有些油漆脱落下来 |
[35:23] | And i’m betting if you check your garage, | 我打赌如果你看看你的车库 |
[35:25] | You’ll find you have a can of spray paint That matches the graffiti. | 会找到和涂鸦吻合的喷雾 |
[35:29] | I see. | 我明白了 |
[35:32] | So i guess we’re even. | 我猜我们扯平了 |
[35:33] | Actually, you still owe me | 事实上 你还欠我的 |
[35:35] | ‘Cause i got your car fixed for free. | 因为我帮你免费修了车 |
[35:36] | For free? By whom? | 免费? 谁修的? |
[35:40] | By the hard-Working and responsible young man | 一个努力并很负责的年轻人 |
[35:42] | You are going to hire to fill this maintenance position. | 你将雇佣他做维护人员 正好填空缺 |
[35:45] | I wrote his name and number on there. | 我把他的名字和号码写在这里了 |
[35:46] | He’s expecting your call. | 他在等你的电话 |
[35:52] | Hey, mercer, you pack your shark repellent? | 嗨 Mercer 打包了你的防鲨鱼装备了吗? |
[35:55] | My what? | 我的什么? |
[35:57] | Veronica, right? | Veronica 对吧? |
[35:58] | Ooh, do not eat that. Trust me. | 哦 别吃那个 相信我 |
[36:01] | And what about sharks? | 鲨鱼怎么了? |
[36:02] | Watch out for them in the water. | 在水里得当心它们 |
[36:04] | You’re going on a surf trip, right? | 你们要去冲浪 对吗? |
[36:07] | Mexico? | 墨西哥 |
[36:09] | Right, mexico. | 对 墨西哥 |
[36:10] | Yeah, well, no one said anything about surfing, | 对 但 没人提到冲浪 |
[36:12] | But, um, yeah, i’ll get you a piata. | 但 呃 对 我会给你带个Piata玩偶的 |
[36:20] | Now, maybe people would say | 现在 也许人们会说 |
[36:21] | They’d never install a tracking device In their significant other’s car, | 他们决不会在他们另一半 的车上装追踪装置 |
[36:24] | But i think that’s only because they don’t know how. | 但我认为只是他们 不知道怎样装而已 |
[36:37] | Hey, Trish, | 嗨 Trish |
[36:40] | – did Kurt talk to you? – Kurt’s gone. | – Kurt和你说话了吗? – Kurt走了 |
[36:42] | He packed his car and headed back to kansas. | 他带着行李开车回Cansas了 |
[36:45] | They yanked his scholarship. | 他们撤销的他的奖学金 |
[36:47] | So he told them about the playbook? | 就是说他说了战术手册的事? |
[36:51] | He said he owed it to his teammates. | 他说他欠他队友的 |
[36:53] | I don’t understand boys or football. | 我不明白男生和足球 |
[36:56] | Me, neither. | 我也是 |
[36:58] | But, hey, if guys like Kurt are that into it, | 但是 嘿 如果Kurt那样的人那么热衷于它 |
[37:01] | It can’t be all bad, i guess. | 它也不会太糟 我猜 |
[37:05] | So you broke up? | 你们分手了? |
[37:07] | He said he needed some time to think. | 他说他需要时间思考 |
[37:09] | I had all the grants lined up for him. | 我把所有的助学金都给他准备好了 |
[37:10] | He said he knows my heart was in the right place. | 他说他明白我的心是好的 |
[37:16] | He just can’t get over what i did. | 他只是忘不了我做过的 |
[37:18] | I think i blew it, veronica. | 我想我搞砸了 Veronica |
[37:20] | I went momentarily crazy. | 我只是一时冲动 |
[37:24] | And it’s gonna cost me the guy i love. | 代价却是失去我心爱的人 |
[37:35] | So, i’ll let that be my defense, | 那么 这算我的自辩 |
[37:37] | A case of momentarily crazy, | 只是一时冲动 |
[37:39] | Because when you think about it, | 因为当你再好好想想 |
[37:41] | No one wants to know What college boys do with themselves in mexico. | 没人想知道大学男生 会在墨西哥做些什么 |
[37:44] | So, we’ll just put this behind us for now. | 那么 我们暂时别管这些 |
[37:47] | Yes. | 好的 |
[37:49] | Goodbye. | 再见 |
[37:51] | Peace in our time. | 难得清静 |
[38:04] | Better? | 好点了吗? |
[38:05] | Much. | 好很多 |
[38:13] | If the eight e-Mail reminders i’ve received are correct, | 如果我收到的8封 电子邮件提醒准确无误 |
[38:16] | It’s time for the premier of piz’s radio show. | 现在是Piz首次广播节目时间 |
[38:19] | and, finally, | 而且 最后 |
[38:20] | Congratulations to our football team, | 恭喜我们的足球队 |
[38:21] | Who outlasted sonoma state this afternoon In a 24-17 scorcher. | 今天下午以24-17战胜了Sonoma州立大学 |
[38:26] | Now stay tuned for “but we were just talking.” | 不要走开 下面是 “我们只是聊天” |
[38:29] | looks like Larry and his stuttering roommate | 看来Larry 和他的结巴室友 |
[38:31] | Really are starving artists now. | 真的要成为贫寒的艺术家了 |
[38:33] | Our inaugural episode is devoted To my personal favorite amendment, old number one. | 我们首次节目的主题是我最喜欢的 修正案一号(注:规定了言论自由权) |
[38:39] | Our guests… The heads of the lilith house | 我们的嘉宾… Lilith House的首脑 |
[38:42] | And the editors of the hearst lampoon. | 和Hearst Lampoon的编辑 |
[38:49] | You can actually hear the smiles. | 你可以真切地听到笑容 |
[38:53] | All right, let’s flip a coin, see who goes first. | 好吧 我们来扔硬币决定谁先说 |
[38:57] | And it’s the head of a white, slave-Owning patriarch, | 是拥有奴隶的白人老人(注: 指硬币正面的 总统人头 有两个总统做过奴隶主) |
[38:59] | Which means we’ll go with the gents. | 意味着我们从男士开始 |
[39:01] | The problem is simple. | 问题很简单 |
[39:04] | Feminists aren’t funny. | 女权者没有幽默感 |
[39:05] | Should i wait for the rim shot, or can i respond? | 我是要等Rimshot吗 还是直接回应? (注: Rimshot是一种用在笑话结束后鼓声) |
[39:08] | Can you say “rim shot” on the radio? | 你能在电台里说”Rimshot” 吗? (注:Rimshot另指射精) |
[39:11] | If i say mr. Hartman here is an idiot, that’s one thing. | 如果我说Hartman先生是一个笨蛋 那是一回事 |
[39:13] | But i say he’s an idiot | 但如果我说他是个笨蛋 |
[39:14] | And should be strung up and beaten to death. | 就应该被吊起来打死 |
[39:17] | Is that different? I mean, do words matter anymore? | 这有区别吗? 我是说 用词真的那么重要吗? |
[39:19] | She makes a good point. | 她说的有道理 |
[39:21] | I mean think about it | 我是说想想吧 |
[39:22] | This may not be Burning-Movie-Theater-Dangerous speech, but it is… | 这也许不是火爆的危险演讲 但它是… |
[39:27] | You bastards. | 你们这些混蛋 |
[39:28] | You bastards! | 你们这些混蛋 |
[39:29] | We’ll be right back. | 我们一会回来 |
[39:31] | You said you’d do it, and you did. | 你说你们会做 你们的确做了 |
[39:34] | It was claire. | 这次是Claire |
[39:36] | They raped claire… | 他们强奸了Claire… |
[39:38] | “The blonde in the middle.” | “中间的那个金发mm” |
[39:41] | are you happy? are you happy now? | 你们开心了? 你们现在开心了? |
[39:45] | hi. | 嗨 |
[39:47] | I’m looking into jack london and mercury poisoning. | 我在研究Jack London 和汞中毒 (Jack London著名作家 传说死于汞中毒) |
[39:52] | Third floor, aisle nine. | 第三层 第九排 |
[40:00] | is this the help desk? | 这是咨询台吗? |
[40:06] | ‘Cause i need a little help. | 我需要点帮助 |
[40:09] | Let me guess. | 我来猜猜 |
[40:10] | You have this pathologically suspicious girlfriend, | 你有一个多疑到病态的女友 |
[40:14] | And you hope maybe there’s a guidebook? | 你希望找这方面的指南? |
[40:17] | No, it’s more like, uh… | 不 更像是 呃… |
[40:22] | …what’s beyond pathological? | …比病态还严重的是什么? |
[40:29] | I’m sorry, logan. | 对不起 Logan |
[40:32] | I spent my formative years | 我的性格形成期 |
[40:34] | Watching people While they lied to, cheated on, and betrayed each other. | 一直在看人们相互欺骗相互背叛 |
[40:39] | So the trust thing, | 所以”信任”这东西 |
[40:42] | It doesn’t come naturally. | 不是我的天性 |
[40:45] | But i’m trying to act unnaturally. | 但我正在努力抗争天性 |
[40:47] | I swear. | 我发誓 |
[40:52] | So there’s that. | 就这样 |
[40:57] | I thought you were in mexico. | 我以为你在墨西哥 |
[40:59] | Yeah, well, us bad boys usually love mexico, but… | 是啊 我们坏男孩通常喜欢墨西哥 但是… |
[41:04] | I was feeling a little reformed. | 我觉得自己有些被感化了 |
[41:08] | And i don’t even think mercer surfs. | 而且我不认为Mercer 会冲浪 |
[41:10] | And i always feel bad about those poor donkeys. | 而且我为那些驴感到难过 (指Donkey show 年轻女子和驴表演XX) |
[41:17] | Are you free this weekend? | 你周末有空吗? |
[41:20] | There’s a film festival… | 有一个电影节… |
[41:23] | Incomprehensible foreign movies of three-Plus hours. | 三个多钟头难以理解的外国电影 |
[41:28] | Is this the help desk? | 这是咨询台吗? |
[41:35] | It sounds nice. | 听上去不错 |
[41:37] | But let’s find you that guidebook, | 但让我先帮你找到那本指南 |
[41:41] | Which i think is on the dark, lonely top floor. | 我想是在幽暗 而且人烟稀少的顶层 |
[41:49] | Veronica Mars Season 3 Episode 3 | 禁止任何商业用途否则后果自负 -=伊甸园VM字幕联盟=- -=伊甸园VM字幕联盟=- |