时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | How many women like me have to be raped, | 在管理部门倾听我们的要求之前 |
[00:00] | have to end up like this, their heads shaved, | 还要有多少女人像我一样被强暴? 头发被剃光?以如此惨剧收场? |
[00:03] | before this administration listens to our demands? | |
[00:06] | Shut down the fraternity houses! | 关闭这些学生联谊会! |
[00:10] | Parker’s in there with some guy. | Parker和一些男生在里面 |
[00:12] | Don’t mind me. | 别怪我 |
[00:16] | I thought it was just sex. | 我以为那只是性而已 |
[00:18] | It didn’t occur to me that it was against your will. | 我没想到这不是出于你自愿的 |
[00:22] | Thanks, Veronica! | 谢谢你 Veronica! |
[00:23] | Thanks for thinking I’m the slut of the world. | 感谢你封我为最下贱的荡妇 |
[00:28] | – This is a bad idea. – No, it’s not. | – 这是个坏主意 – 不 它不是 |
[00:29] | You only think it’s not because you came up with it. | 你不承认只是因为是你提出来的 |
[00:32] | Ergo, how could it be bad? | 所以 它怎么会是个坏注意哪? |
[00:33] | Math, sweetie. Me plus idea equals good. | 数学 宝贝 我+主意=完美 |
[00:47] | You’re expecting Sidney Poitier? | 你在等Sidney Poitier? |
[00:53] | No jokes. | 没有玩笑 没有暗示 没有嘲讽 |
[00:54] | No innuendoes, no quips. | |
[00:56] | Don’t even think of alluding to having seen me naked | 不要妄想暗示现在看着我的裸体 |
[00:59] | or having touched any part of my body that does not have fingers. | 或者正在用没有指头的手 触摸我的身体 |
[01:02] | Did I mention that my eyes adored you? | 我有没有提过我的眼睛很爱慕你? |
[01:05] | [ Sighs ] I got it. | 我知道 |
[01:06] | No calling you bobcat, no talk of milky thighs. | 不准叫你小野猫 不准谈论你雪白的大腿 |
[01:09] | Go home. | 回家吧 Veronica 我不会说任何傻话的 |
[01:10] | Veronica, I won’t say anything bad. | Veronica 我不会说任何傻话的 |
[01:23] | So, how’s school going, Logan? | 学校现在如何 Logan? |
[01:26] | I’m actually not hating it. | 事实上 我并不太讨厌它 |
[01:29] | My grades aren’t exactly… | 我的年级并不 — Hearst大学因为高分 而录取了他 |
[01:30] | Oh, Hearst took him in late because of his high test scores. | Hearst大学因为高分 而录取了他 |
[01:33] | What classes are you taking? | 你现在在上些什么课程? |
[01:35] | Where is this going? | 这唱的是哪出戏啊? |
[01:36] | My end game is to find out what classes Logan is taking. | 我的把戏 就是想要知道Logan在上什么课 |
[01:40] | Just core stuff… | 就一些核心课程 — |
[01:42] | Sociology, freshman comp, mass comm, | 社会学 写作课 大众传媒 |
[01:45] | which is kind of coming in handy. | 都很容易上手 |
[01:46] | You know, apparently being the offspring of a murderer doesn’t get old, | 要知道 显然作为一个杀人犯的后代 并没有让我被大家抛弃 |
[01:51] | and I’m getting all these interview requests. | 我收到了所有的面试邀请 |
[01:54] | Larry King wants me to come on with O.J.’s kids. | LARRY KING还希望 我代表O.J.’s KIDS发言 |
[01:56] | – Well, you thinking about it? – No. | – 你考虑的如何? – 我拒绝了 |
[01:58] | – Why’s that? – Time-Out! Whew! | – 这是为什么? – 时间到了! |
[02:02] | Can we stay in the shallow end, please? | 我们能不能不要那么严肃 拜托了? |
[02:04] | I’m sorry. I think it’s a good call. | 很抱歉 我觉得这是个不错的机会 |
[02:06] | I was just curious as to your reasons. | 我只是很好奇你拒绝的原因 |
[02:09] | I didn’t realize I had to have the conversation vetted. | 我不知道我的谈话还必须接受审查 |
[02:11] | I would have been happy to veto questions for you ahead of time. | 如果可以的话 我会很乐意提前审查你的问题 |
[02:14] | That would have been nice. | – 那很好啊 – 那可以准备好午餐 一天都干这个了 |
[02:16] | We could have packed a lunch and made a day of it. | |
[02:18] | Missed opportunity, if you ask me. | 你已经错失了这个机会 |
[02:20] | A mistake you can learn from. | 吃一堑 长一智 |
[02:22] | What, then, exactly am I allowed to ask Logan about? | 那么 我可以问点什么哪? |
[02:25] | Uh… | |
[02:27] | hobbies? | 爱好? |
[02:30] | Surfing. | 上网 |
[02:32] | – What’s the attraction? – Don’t answer that. | – 有什么特别之处? – 别回答 |
[02:43] | Mac’s in Bakersfield. | Mac去了BAKERSFIELD |
[02:44] | Her great-aunt died, and she got the call last night. | 她的阿姨去世了 昨天晚上接到的电话 |
[03:01] | Look, you live with one of my best friends. | 听着 你和我的一个好友住在一起 |
[03:04] | I’m gonna keep coming here. | 我以后会一直来光顾的 |
[03:05] | And having doors shut in my face is gonna get… | 当着我的面摔门可是非常… …老套 |
[03:10] | …old. | |
[03:12] | I have surprisingly strong legs and an hour before my next class. | 我有一双很结实的腿 和一个小时的空闲时间 |
[03:17] | What? | 怎么? |
[03:20] | You want to have a rap session, maybe in our P.J.s? | 也许你想要在P.J.s开个强暴讲座? |
[03:24] | We can eat brownie batter and do each other’s nails. | 我们可以一边享用甜美的殴打 一边享受对方的指甲 |
[03:27] | Do you really think that when I walked in here that night, | 你真的以为那晚当我走进这里 |
[03:29] | I thought, “hmm, look, Parker’s getting raped. | 我正在想 喔哦 看 Parker被强暴了 |
[03:32] | Now, where are those movie tickets”? | 那么 电影票在哪儿? |
[03:34] | No, you just figured the whore was getting her freak on. | 不 你只是以为 那个妓女在继续发疯而已 |
[03:37] | So, you’re really mad because I thought you were a whore? | 那么 你真正生气的是 因为我认为你是个妓女? |
[03:39] | Because lots of people think I’m a whore. | 要知道很多人也这么看我 |
[03:42] | Don’t pretend, for a second, to understand how I’m feeling. | 不要假惺惺了 去感受一下我的感触 |
[03:46] | I understand exactly what you’re feeling, Parker. | 我完全理解你的感受 Parker |
[03:49] | I’ve been understanding | 自从2004年夏 Shelly Pomroy的年度舞会开始 |
[03:51] | since Shelly Pomroy’s end-of-the-year party, | |
[03:53] | summer of 2004. | 我一直都很明白 |
[03:56] | I’d give you the details, but they’re a little fuzzy. | 我会告诉你的 不过那时我自己也不是很清醒 |
[03:58] | I… I didn’t… I had no idea. | 我 我不是 我不知道 |
[04:01] | Not something I open with. | 我没必要宣扬这事 |
[04:03] | But now that I’ve got your attention, I will find out who raped you. | 但是既然我已经告诉你了 我会找到那个混蛋的 |
[04:08] | That’s job one. | 这是首要任务 |
[04:15] | Parker, hi, I’m Nish. I’m the editor of the Hearst free press, and I… | Parker 嗨 我是Nish 我是Hearst Free Press的编辑 我想… |
[04:18] | Veronica, it’s good to see you. | Veronica 很高兴见到你 |
[04:21] | And that’s where we differ. | 这也是我们不同的地方 |
[04:24] | I was hoping we could talk. | 我想我们能不能谈谈 |
[04:26] | I’d be a little careful. | 换着我就会留神点 |
[04:31] | She a friend of yours? | 她是你朋友? |
[04:36] | Parker, I’m doing an article on the serial rapes, | 我在做一篇关于连续强暴案的报道 |
[04:41] | and I’ve interviewed most of the other victims. | 我采访了绝大多数的受害者 |
[04:43] | I don’t want to be interviewed. | 我不想被采访 |
[04:46] | One question then. | 就一个问题 |
[04:48] | You were at a Theta Beta sorority party | 被强暴的那个晚上 你正在参加一个女生联谊舞会 |
[04:49] | the night you were attacked. | |
[04:51] | Do you remember seeing any of the Pi Sig brothers there? | 你是否记得 看到过任何PI SIG的人在那儿? |
[04:56] | The first tier of your trust fund | 第一笔信托基金计划持续到你21岁生日 |
[04:57] | was intended to last until your 21st birthday, Logan. | |
[05:02] | At the rate you’re burning through it, | 以现在的速度看来 你在烧钱 |
[05:03] | you’ve got 14 months, maybe. | 也许你还能坚持14个月 |
[05:05] | Yeah, I looked at the statement. | 是的 我看过那份声明 |
[05:07] | I should be getting more money. | 我应该得到更多 |
[05:09] | You think because you still have checks, | 你以为就因为你仍然可以用支票 就代表你有钱? |
[05:12] | you still have money. | |
[05:13] | I’m not saying I deserve more. | 我并没有说我值得更多 |
[05:15] | I’m saying there’s money missing. | 我说得是一部分钱不见了 |
[05:17] | It’s complicated. | 这就复杂了 |
[05:21] | All right, then I’ll talk to my lawyer, see if he can’t figure it out. | 好吧 我去和我的律师谈谈 看看他能否解决 |
[05:24] | I’ll do you one better. | 或许我能做的更好 |
[05:26] | We’ll send all your financial records right over. | 我会马上把你的收支记录送过去的 |
[05:30] | You’re not showing me porn? | 你不是要给我看色情片吧? |
[05:32] | No. | 不 |
[05:33] | Is it a fuzzy, newborn kitten? | 是一只毛绒绒的新生的小猫? |
[05:36] | The meeting with Avi Kaufman, | 和Avi Kaufman的会面 Bean遇到了那些大明星们 相处的不太好 |
[05:38] | bean counter to the stars, didn’t go very well. | |
[05:41] | My trust fund’s evaporating faster than it should. | 我的信托基金消失的速度有点过快了 |
[05:43] | I think he’s skimming off the top. | 我觉得他拿走了一大部分 |
[05:45] | My dad has got a great accountant. | 我老爸有个很了不起的会计师 |
[05:48] | I’m thinking anymore of a private detective | 我在考虑 有没有除了私人侦探之外的方法 |
[05:50] | to help me nail this guy to the wall. | 来帮我逮到他 |
[05:52] | Show me the records. I’m sure we can make sense of… | 给我看记录 我相信我可以找出… |
[05:55] | Go get ’em, bobcat. | 去吧 我的小野猫 |
[06:03] | A long time ago | |
[06:05] | We used to be friends, but I | |
[06:08] | Haven’t thought of you lately at all | |
[06:13] | Come on, now, sugar! | |
[06:15] | Bring it on, bring it on, yeah! | |
[06:18] | Just remember me when | |
[06:21] | We used to be friends | |
[06:23] | A long time ago | |
[06:26] | We used to be friends | |
[06:28] | Veronica Mars 3×04 ** insert title here ** | |
[06:37] | Hi, um, I don’t have an appointment. | 嗨 我没有预约 |
[06:40] | Do you remember me, by any chance? | 你是否还有幸记得我? |
[06:43] | From Judge Crawford’s Christmas parties, of course. | 当然 自从JUDGE CRAWFORD的圣诞舞会 |
[06:46] | Harmony, right? | Harmony 对吗? |
[06:48] | Right. | 是的 |
[06:49] | You helped me with my tire that one year. | 那年你帮我解决了车胎问题 |
[06:51] | And you thanked me profusely every year after that. | 而你 从此每年都来盛情的感谢我 |
[06:55] | Sit, sit, please. What can I do for you? | 请坐 请坐 我能为你做什么? |
[06:58] | Um… well… uh… | 恩 这个… |
[07:03] | you ever heard this one before? | 你以前是否听到过这样的事情? |
[07:06] | I think my husband’s having an affair? | 我想我的丈夫有外遇 |
[07:10] | You didn’t know I was married. | 你不知道我结婚了 |
[07:12] | – I didn’t. – Everyone’s always surprised. | – 的确 – 每个人都很惊讶 |
[07:14] | You can wear a ring, but if the husband’s never around… | 你可以戴个戒指 但是如果你丈夫一直不在身边… |
[07:18] | So, what makes you think he’s involved with someone? | 那么 是什么让你觉得他有了外遇? |
[07:21] | Working late, mysterious calls, | 工作得很晚 神神秘秘的电话 |
[07:24] | last-minute business trips. | 临时决定的出差 |
[07:27] | I keep looking for the lipstick on his collar | 我一直在他的衣领上找唇印 |
[07:29] | just so it’s full-on trite, but… | 这的确是老把戏了 但 事实是我们的婚姻已经徒有其表了 |
[07:32] | then there’s the fact that we’re in a loveless marriage. | |
[07:35] | He’s a kind of glorified roommate these days, | 他就像是一个美其名的室友一样 |
[07:38] | who happens to be a fantastic father. | 只是碰巧也成了一位完美的父亲 我已经把它当作我的一生了 |
[07:40] | I had settled into that being my life… | |
[07:43] | Happy daughter, facade of happy marriage. | 可爱的女儿 徒有其表的完美婚姻 |
[07:46] | And then you got a couple “don’t wait up” calls. | 接着 你认为不能再这样下去 |
[07:49] | I can’t just leave for me. I need a reason. | 我不能只是为了自己而离开这个家 我需要一个理由 |
[07:54] | Do I sound awful? | 我听起来很糟吗? |
[07:59] | Russian literature between Tolstoy and Turgenev. | 俄罗斯的文学作品 在托尔斯泰和屠格涅夫之间 |
[08:05] | I liked the other place you worked better. | 我喜欢你做更能表现你的工作 |
[08:07] | Think maybe that’s because we had food there? | 你这么认为 也许是因为我们在那里一起吃东西 |
[08:10] | Did you see this? | 你看过这个了吗? |
[08:11] | “Pi Sig frat common thread in campus rapes” | “PI SIG成员 在校园强暴案中的共同点” |
[08:14] | There was a Pi Sig event the night of every attack. | 每个袭击案发生的晚上 PI SIG都有活动 |
[08:18] | There’s the little graphic and everything. | 这里还有图片和其他的证据 |
[08:21] | Colored ink? It must be true. | 彩色墨水? 应该是真实的吧 |
[08:23] | The last girl, Claire, was at the Pi Sig haunted house | 最后那个女孩 Claire 那晚她是在PI SIG鬼屋被强暴的 |
[08:25] | the night she was raped. | |
[08:26] | I trust Nish as far as I can throw her, | 我根本不相信Nish |
[08:29] | but I can’t throw those frat boys very far either. | 可是这帮兄弟会的男孩 我同样也信不过 |
[08:33] | I’m feeling pretty anxious to give it a try, though. | 虽然 我很渴望试试看 |
[08:40] | Can I help you? | 我能帮你吗? |
[08:41] | Do you know which one of these is Veronica’s? | 你知道Veronica住在哪里吗? |
[08:44] | Oh, guess so. | 哦 是这样的 这也许很奇怪 我以前也来过这幢公寓 |
[08:46] | This is so freaky. I’ve totally been in this complex before. | |
[08:49] | We had to pick up our maid here once. | 我们曾在这里挑了个佣人 |
[08:52] | Is Veronica home? | Veronica在家吗? |
[09:03] | Honey? | 宝贝? |
[09:05] | Aw, it’s, like, your little kitchen area, huh? | 哦 那个好像是你的小厨房 是不是? |
[09:09] | Oh, it’s so awesome. | 真不错啊 |
[09:12] | If you’re not gonna shoo it out with a newspaper, I’m stepping on it. | 如果你不打算用报纸把它赶走 我来接手 |
[09:15] | Hey, buddy. | 嗨 朋友 |
[09:16] | Hope it’s not weird, me just showing up. | 希望我的出现不太奇怪 |
[09:18] | I can’t believe I’ve known you forever, | 我不敢相信我永远记住你了 |
[09:20] | and you’ve never had me over. | 而你从来没有邀请我来过 |
[09:22] | You left a flaming bag of dog poo in front of our door one time. | 上次你把一堆狗屎留在我家门口 |
[09:27] | That was kind of a playdate. | 你不觉得很孩子气吗 |
[09:30] | – You need me to… – It’s fine. | – 你需要我… – 没关系 |
[09:39] | You guys are cute. | 你老爸很有意思 |
[09:40] | Dick, why are you here? | DICK 你来这儿干什么? |
[09:43] | You saw that article about the Pi Sig house, right? | 你看到了那篇关于PI SIG的报道 对吗? |
[09:46] | That girl Claire gets raped after one of our parties, | 那个女孩Claire 在我们的一个派对上被强暴了 |
[09:48] | and suddenly the school’s all in a bunch. | 然后突然之间 所有学校成员团结一心了 |
[09:50] | There’s this hearing scheduled to get us kicked off campus, | 将会有个意见听证会 打算把我们踢出校园 |
[09:53] | and that’s where you come in. | 你的目的达到了 |
[09:55] | I get to do the kicking? | 我要把你们踢出去? |
[09:56] | You get to be the spy who loves me. | 你一定是拥护我的间谍 |
[09:58] | The guys were really impressed on how you cleared the frat of the rape last year. | 那帮子家伙 对你去年扫荡兄弟会的事情印象深刻 |
[10:02] | Were they? That means so little. | 是吗? 那不算什么 |
[10:05] | They knew we had, like, this connection, | 他们知道我们有着某种联系 |
[10:07] | so they sent me here to hire you. | 所以他们让我来聘请你 |
[10:09] | We need you to do your Veronica thing and prove it’s a pack o’ lies. | 我们需要你和你独特的做事方式 来证明 这些都是谎言 |
[10:12] | Is it a pack of lies? | 是谎言吗? |
[10:15] | We’re a frat. | 我们是个兄弟会 |
[10:16] | Why rape the cow when you’re swimming in free milk? | 为什么要去强暴一个人 而放弃一大群人哪? |
[10:21] | Maybe you guys should hire someone you don’t disgust. | 也许你们该请一个 不让你们觉得恶心的人 |
[10:23] | They don’t care about the disgusted thing. They want you. | 他们才不管什么恶心不恶心 他们要的就是你 |
[10:32] | I’ll need full access to the fraternity. | 一切兄弟会的权力我都要有 |
[10:34] | I need to know everything about the night of the haunted house. | 我要知道当晚鬼屋里发生的一切 |
[10:37] | My fee is $1,500 up front. | 必须预先支付1500 |
[10:39] | Really? That’s what you guys make? | 不会吧? 你们挣那么多? |
[10:42] | – That’s the Pi Sig rate. – Okay. | 这是对PI SIG的收费标准 好吧 |
[10:45] | And you’ll need to leave right now, before I change my mind. | 你最好现在就走 趁我还没改变主意 |
[10:50] | Who knew that when opportunity knocked, | 谁能想到当机会来临时 |
[10:52] | it would look like a horny surfer? | – 人们往往就好似性急的冲浪者 挡都挡不住 – 多谢 哪怕明知这是一场鸿门宴? |
[10:54] | Thank you. | |
[10:55] | And he hand-delivered an invitation into the belly of the beast. | |
[11:13] | – Hello? – Hi. It’s Keith Mars. | 你好? 嗨 我是KEITH MARS |
[11:16] | Can I guess? | 能让我猜猜吗? |
[11:18] | She’s blond, 22, no visible pores, and pierced navel. | 金发 22岁 细致的皮肤 穿着脐环 |
[11:23] | Nope. | 不是 |
[11:24] | Nope, looks like he’s really working late. | 不 看起来他真的在工作 |
[11:26] | I’ve been parked by his car all night. | 我一整晚都停在他的车旁边 |
[11:29] | Really? Huh. | 是吗? |
[11:31] | The office on the bottom floor, right? | 办公室在底楼对吗? 是的 那么你只是坐在那里看着他的车子? |
[11:34] | Yeah. So, you’re just sitting there, looking at his car? | |
[11:37] | Yeah. It’s glamorous, I know. | 没错 我知道它很迷人 |
[11:40] | At least it’s your job. | 至少这是你的工作 |
[11:41] | I did it a couple of weeks ago for sport. | 我也在几周前做过同样的事 |
[11:44] | I was so sure he was cheating, I decided to follow him. | 我非常确定他在欺骗我 所以我决定跟踪他 |
[11:47] | I wore a hat and sunglasses. Not my finest hour. | 我戴了顶帽子和太阳镜 对我来说真不容易 |
[11:50] | Yeah, well, no more “I love Lucy” reruns for you. | 是啊 的确很老一套 |
[11:54] | Hey, we should have a bet. | 嘿 我们该打个赌 |
[11:55] | If she’s blond and 22, you owe me a beer. | 如果是22岁的金发女郎 你就欠我瓶啤酒 |
[11:58] | Good night, Harmony. | 晚安 Harmony |
[11:59] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[12:37] | My accountant said she’d be finished | 我的会计师说 她今天下午能看完Logan的文件 |
[12:39] | looking over Logan’s files this afternoon. | |
[12:42] | Snazzy! | 真时髦啊! |
[12:43] | You start going to church or you addressing the Junior League? | 你是要去教堂 还是打算为青少年联盟做演讲? |
[12:46] | Bland is the new hot. | 平凡是最近的热门啊 |
[12:49] | Is it possible your boyfriend’s financial problems | 你男朋友关于财政的问题 |
[12:51] | are just his champagne wishes and caviar dreams | 有没有可能 只是他充满香槟酒和鱼子酱的希望在作祟? |
[12:54] | biting him on the ass? | |
[12:56] | One solid-gold foosball table and a couple of manservants, | 镀金的游戏桌 还雇了几个男佣人 突然间 他开始大手大脚了? |
[13:00] | and suddenly he’s spendy. | |
[13:02] | Um, did you trip and fall onto sandalwood, musk, | 你是不是掉进了香料堆 |
[13:06] | and a hint of spicy citrus, or is that Cologne? | 或是用了古龙水? |
[13:10] | It’s aftershave. I’m going to traffic court. | 是须后水 我只是要去一下交通法庭 |
[13:13] | Sexy traffic court? | 性感的交通法庭? |
[13:15] | Hmm. | |
[13:18] | Nice shoes. | 鞋子不错 |
[13:19] | You change your major to women’s studies? | 你把你的专业改为女性研究了? |
[13:21] | Hah! Yuck it up, fancy-pants. | 哈! 尽管嘲笑吧 你穿的裤子也好不了哪里去 |
[13:26] | Hello? | 有人吗? |
[13:28] | In here. | 在这里 |
[13:31] | Oh, I hope it’s okay. I only have 20 minutes, so I brought lunch. | 我希望没有打扰到你 我只有20分钟 所以我带了午饭过来 |
[13:33] | Oh, I’m booked pretty solid, too. | 哦 我也叫了PRETTY SOLID的外卖 |
[13:35] | Oh, it’s a good thing I brought a whole pie, then. | 那么 我买了一整个派真是太明智了 |
[13:39] | Oh. Thank you. It’s very thoughtful. | 谢谢 你真是太周到了 |
[13:44] | So? | 那么? |
[13:47] | The woman who dropped Marvin off is named Carly Hearn. | 那个载你丈夫的女人名叫Carly Hern |
[13:52] | – Wow. How about that? – I take it you know her. | 哇 真是惊人? 看来你认识她? |
[13:56] | Yeah, Carly works at Reilly International. | 没错 Carly在Eilly International工作 |
[13:58] | Marvin does a lot of business with them. | Marvin和他们有很多合作项目 |
[14:00] | He once told me that she’s the smartest woman he’s ever met. | 他曾经告诉我 Marvin是他见过的最聪明的女人 |
[14:03] | I only saw her dropping him off. It’s possible it was just business. | 我只是看到她用车送他过来 很可能只是工作上的事情 |
[14:09] | I’m having such a weird reaction to this. | 我的反应真是有点奇怪啊 呵呵 |
[14:12] | I’m supposed to be jealous, right? | 我应该很嫉妒才对 不是吗? |
[14:15] | I think you should probably just feel however you’re feeling. | 我想你只是表现了你的真实感受而已 |
[14:19] | I feel strangely impressed… | 我非常震惊 …而且轻松 |
[14:23] | and relieved. | |
[14:24] | I was sure it was going to be a cocktail waitress | 我本以为那会是个鸡尾酒女郎 通过按摩学校来销售自己 |
[14:26] | putting herself through massage school, | |
[14:28] | and my daughter would want me to buy her tank tops | 而我的女儿会要求我 帮她买一件印着“战利品”字样的内衣 |
[14:30] | with “bootylicious” across the front. | |
[14:33] | I think Carly went to Yale. | 我以为Carly念的是耶鲁大学 |
[14:36] | – Brown. – Still. | 棕色皮肤 尽管如此 |
[14:40] | You ever tie your husband’s tie? | 你帮你丈夫系过领带吗? |
[14:54] | When entering a frat house full of accused rapists, | 兄弟会房间到处都是强暴犯 进房间之前 |
[14:57] | the pantsuit is a solid wardrobe choice. | 穿长裤无疑是明智的选择 |
[14:59] | It’s fashion’s way of saying, “move along, nothing to see here”. | 大家都流行说: “滚远点 这里没什么好看的” |
[15:06] | Hey, you better leave me a slice, bro. | 嘿 你最好给我留一块 兄弟 |
[15:09] | Hey, Veronica. | 嘿 Veronica |
[15:11] | Yeah, hey. | 耶 嗨 |
[15:12] | So, I’ll need to know where each frat brother was at the time of the rape. | 我需要知道 强暴案当晚每个兄弟会成员都在哪里 |
[15:18] | Isn’t the best way to clear us to figure out who really did it? | 这是用来找出谁是真正凶手的最好办法吗? |
[15:21] | That’s what I’m doing. | 这就是我的工作 |
[15:23] | I need to know who saw what. | 我需要知道谁看到过点什么 |
[15:27] | Yeah, fine, whatever you want. | 好的 一切按照你的要求 |
[15:29] | So, the newspaper said that the last thing Claire remembered | 那么 报纸说Claire受攻击那晚最后的印象 |
[15:32] | from the night of her attack was | |
[15:33] | buying a drink in front of the haunted house. | 是在鬼屋前买饮料 |
[15:36] | Do you remember who was serving drinks? | 你还记得谁负责饮料吗? |
[15:39] | Uh… It was Charleston. | 是Charleston |
[15:42] | You don’t want to talk to him, though. He’s an idiot. | 你不会想要和他谈谈的 他是个白痴 |
[15:56] | – Your last name is Chu? – Yeah. | 你姓Chu? 是的 |
[15:59] | Charleston Chu? | |
[16:02] | My first name is really Hsiang. | Hsiang是我的原名 |
[16:04] | Look, I just pour flat soda into plastic cups. | 听着 我无非只是把苏打水倒入杯子里面 |
[16:07] | I don’t know anything about the rape. | 我不知道任何关于强暴案的事情 |
[16:10] | Wow, I didn’t even have to ask. | 哇 我都不必开口问了 |
[16:13] | – Did you work the stand all night? – I guess. | – 你整个晚上都在那边工作? – 我想是的 |
[16:15] | I don’t remember every second, so, yeah, I probably served her a drink. | 我不可能记得每一分钟 好吧 也许我给了她一杯饮料 |
[16:19] | Doesn’t mean I raped her. | 可并不意味着我强暴了她 |
[16:20] | No, it just means you’re the most likely suspect token, | 当然不 只是意味着你嫌疑最大 |
[16:24] | and when the media circus starts… | 当媒体效应开始– |
[16:26] | you know, like it did at Duke | 你知道的 就像发生在DUKE身上的 |
[16:28] | with that whole Lacrosse rape scandal… | 所有这些 有关于曲棍球强暴案的丑闻 — |
[16:30] | Who do you think they’re gonna get to do the perp walk on the 6:00 news? | 你觉得6点新闻的内容将会报导谁? |
[16:34] | You’re supposed to be working for us. | 你不是该为我们工作的吗? |
[16:37] | Okay, wait. Wait up. | 好吧 等等 等等 |
[16:40] | Wait, all right? There’s… There’s more. | 等一下 好吗? 还有 还有一些别的事情 |
[16:44] | Once the bank for the refreshment stand reached $500, | 如果点心供应站的收入达到了$500 |
[16:47] | we’re supposed to bring it up to Chip’s room ’cause he’s in charge of the cash. | 我们就要把钱交给Chip 因为他是管帐的 |
[16:51] | So I did, but his door was locked. | 我这样做了 但是他的门锁着 |
[16:53] | I heard noises, so I started knocking, and then… | 我听到了里面吵闹的声音 所以我不停敲门 |
[16:57] | Then, Chip, like, whips open the door, all pissed off and out of breath. | 然后 Chip迅速的打开了门 愤怒极了 还喘个不停 |
[17:01] | ‘Cause that’s where his stairmaster is? | 是不是他正在里面健身? |
[17:04] | He was buck-naked and sweaty, like I caught him in… | 他赤裸着身体 全身是汗 就好像我逮到他 |
[17:08] | – Flagrante? – No, in the middle of sex. | 犯罪? 不 正在做爱 |
[17:12] | Can you believe what’s going on outside? | 你们能相信外面在发生着什么吗? 女生安全第一! 拒绝强奸! |
[17:17] | No more rapes at Hearst! Women’s safety first! | |
[17:39] | They’re he-e-re. | 逮到- 你- 了 |
[17:45] | You arrested the wrong guy? | 你抓错人了? |
[17:47] | Totally wrong guy. I march him away. | 完全抓错了 我押送他离开 |
[17:49] | He didn’t say a word, like he was relieved | 他什么都没说 就像终于解脱了一样 |
[17:52] | just to have an excuse to get out of the house. | 找到一个借口离开了 |
[17:55] | Now, that was a rocky marriage. | 那可真是个糟糕的婚姻啊 |
[18:00] | Hey, Veronica. | 嘿 Veronica |
[18:03] | Hey, yourself. | 你也好啊 |
[18:04] | Veronica, the liberator of lobsters? | Veronica 龙虾的拯救者? |
[18:06] | Oh, I never knew. | 哦 我从来不知道 就一只龙虾 在Chart House餐馆 我那时才7岁 |
[18:08] | A single lobster, once, from the chart house when I was 7. | |
[18:15] | He tells that one to all the new clients. | 他显然把这个故事到处宣扬 |
[18:17] | You know, Harmony, I am actually expecting | 好了 Harmony 事实上 我接下去还有一个预约 |
[18:19] | Another appointment coming in. | |
[18:21] | Of course. | 当然 |
[18:23] | – Okay, I’ll talk to you. – Yeah, I’ll be in touch. Thanks. | 好的 我们下次再说 好的 我会联系你的 谢谢 再见 |
[18:26] | – Bye. | – Bye. |
[18:32] | I spoke to my accountant, and | 我和我的会计谈过了 |
[18:34] | your business manager doesn’t appear to be stealing anything. | 你的管理人似乎并没有偷走任何东西 |
[18:37] | The Echolls estate contributes $10,000 a month | Echolls的不动产每月向一个叫做 AARon儿童的组织捐助10000美元 |
[18:40] | to an organization called Aaron’s Kids, | |
[18:42] | and that’s where the missing money is going. | 这是那部分失踪钱款的去向 |
[18:44] | In Aaron’s kids? | 在AARON’S儿童会? |
[18:46] | My dad’s pathetic excuse for a charity? | 我老爸可悲的关于慈善的借口? |
[18:49] | I hope that helps clear things up for you. | 我希望这能帮助你把事情弄明白 |
[18:55] | Sorry I took so long. | 对不起 我花了点时间 |
[18:58] | Went out for thai and ended up getting a massage. | 我去买泰国餐 结果确得到了按摩 |
[19:01] | You should have been more specific. | 你应该更加专业一点 |
[19:05] | Your dad’s charity, Aaron’s kids, | 你父亲的慈善机构 AARON儿童会 |
[19:08] | was a nonprofit corporation that shut down years ago. | 是一个非赢利性组织 已经于几年前关闭了 |
[19:11] | Aaron’s kidz, spelled with a “z,” | AARON’S KIDZ 尽管以字母Z结尾 可仍然还在经营 |
[19:14] | is still in business, however. | |
[19:16] | Its chairman is Avi Kaufman, your dad’s business manager, | 它的主席是Avi Kaufman 你父亲的管理者 |
[19:19] | and this Aaron’s kidz isn’t even remotely a charity. | 而这个AARON’S KIDZ并非是个慈善机构 |
[19:29] | Hey, you think I should dangle Kaufman out a window by his ankles? | 嘿 你认为我是不是 该把Kaufman倒吊在窗外? |
[19:34] | How about you numb your fury with grease and fat | 不如你先不要发火 先贿赂他 |
[19:36] | till I can do a little more homework? | 让我可以有点时间做点准备 |
[19:38] | Grease him? Not sure I like it. | 贿赂? 我不确定我是否干得来 |
[19:43] | Here’s a fun thing to say to your beau. | 这里有件很有趣的事 |
[19:45] | Mind if I go put the screws to someone? | 介意我去捉弄一下某人吗? |
[19:47] | Go ahead, screw your brains out. | 去吧 玩的开心 |
[20:00] | Whoa, what happened to your mitts? | 哇 你的棒球手套哪? |
[20:02] | Let me guess. It involved a cookie jar. | 让我猜猜 它参与了一次甜美的争吵? |
[20:05] | I was working the boo room at the haunted house. | 我在鬼屋的BOO ROOM里面工作 |
[20:07] | Boo room? | 要知道 它是鬼屋的主要部分 |
[20:08] | You know, it’s a staple of haunted houses? | |
[20:10] | It’s pitch-black, where you dress like cat burglars, | 里面漆黑一片 那儿的人穿的像入室偷窃犯一样 |
[20:13] | jump out, yell “boo”? | 突然跳出来 然后喊 “BOO”? |
[20:14] | So, your hands ended up bruised how? | 那么你的手是如何受伤的? |
[20:16] | I was crouched down, and one of the guys stomped on them. | 我正蹲着 然后一个人踩在了上面 |
[20:20] | Hmm. | |
[20:21] | Okay, next question. This one’s tougher. | 好吧 继续 这个问题比较难一点 |
[20:24] | Who were you knocking boots with that night? | 那晚你在和谁厮混? |
[20:27] | The night Claire was raped. | Claire被强暴那天 |
[20:29] | You were naked and sweaty, | 你赤裸着而且浑身是汗 |
[20:30] | locked in your room with some mystery girl? | 和一位神秘女孩一起关在屋子里面? |
[20:32] | Charleston’s pretty chatty, huh? That boy scares easy. | Charleston很多嘴 随便吓吓就全说了 |
[20:36] | A problem is just an opportunity in disguise. | 这个问题只是要找到事实 |
[20:39] | Tell me who you were with, I’ll confirm it, and you’re in the clear. | 告诉我是谁 我会去证实的 然后你就清白了 |
[20:42] | No, I’m not. | 不 我不打算说 |
[20:44] | See, I could tell you, but the girl I was with | 知道吗 我可以告诉你 |
[20:46] | would never in a million years admit to it. | 但是那个女孩即使过1万年 也不会承认的 |
[20:53] | Okay, I got to go. | 好了 我要走了 |
[21:00] | It’s sad to see him go, but it’s nice to watch him leave. | 真不愿意他离开 不过看着他走倒也不错 |
[21:04] | Do I know you? | 我认识你吗? |
[21:05] | Oh, I’m friends with your boyfriend, Charleston, | 我是你男友Charleston的朋友 |
[21:08] | and your boy on the side, Chip. | 还有你的兼职男友 CHIP |
[21:11] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么? |
[21:13] | You and Chip. | 你和CHIP. |
[21:14] | Weren’t you his date to the haunted house? | 你是不是在他在的时候去了鬼屋? |
[21:16] | I hear you went as the beast with two backs. | 我听说你们在那里翻云覆雨 |
[21:18] | No, why would you even say that? | 当然没有 你为什么这么说? |
[21:20] | Look, you’re Chip’s alibi. | 听着 你是CHIP的不在场证明 |
[21:22] | The time will come when you’ll have to own up to it, | 到时候你会自己承认的 |
[21:24] | or things will really go south for Chip and the Pi Sigs. | 否则事情会对CHIP和PI SIGS极为不利 |
[21:27] | I don’t need to own up to anything. | 我不需要承认任何事 |
[21:34] | You’re torturing me. | 你在折磨我 |
[21:36] | Without even trying? God, I’m good. | 我都还没有尝试过哪? 我真是太棒了 |
[21:38] | My brothers are all sorts of pissed. | 我的兄弟们都有点火了 |
[21:40] | They think you’re coming after them | 他们认为你在针对他们 而不是在找真凶 |
[21:42] | instead of trying to find the real raper. | |
[21:43] | Do you mean “rapist”? Learn the terminology. | 你是说强暴犯? 多学点专业术语吧 |
[21:46] | What happened to your hand? | 你的手怎么了? |
[21:48] | Window fell on it. Whatever. Look, | 撞在窗子上了 不用管它 |
[21:51] | people are really starting to think we rape. | 听着 大家都开始怀疑我们是真凶了 |
[21:53] | The hearing is in two days. | 听证会在两天之后 |
[21:54] | So go work your little pixie spy magic and fix this. | 快点拿出你那些神奇的间谍本事 处理一下吧 |
[21:57] | Logan said you showed up at his place | Logan提到过在Parker被强暴那晚 你在他那里出现过 |
[21:59] | the night of Parker’s rape, all wrecked, saying you screwed up. | 情况一团糟 说是你做的 |
[22:04] | Whipped guys make the worst friends. | 真是交友不慎啊 |
[22:08] | So, Dick a rapist? | 那么 Dick是那个强暴犯? |
[22:10] | Two in the same household? Possibly. | 在同一个家族的两个人?完全可能 |
[22:13] | Quarterbacks seem to run in the Manning family. | 四分位都跑到同一家庭里去了 |
[22:15] | I know Logan’s always worried about | Logan一直担心 因为遗传 自己注定要危害社会 |
[22:16] | being genetically predestined for antisocial behavior. | |
[22:20] | I suppose that’s a question best left to the social scientists. | 我觉得这个问题最好留给社会学家 |
[22:23] | Right now, it’s time to figure out where his money is going. | 现在 是要找出他的钱去哪里了 |
[22:52] | Hi, can I speak to Ryan Douglas, please? | 嗨 可以帮我叫一下Ryan Douglas吗 谢谢? |
[22:55] | It’s about his interest in Micardo Enterprises. | 是有关于他在MICARDO企业的股票的 |
[23:24] | This new case is keeping you out late. | 这个新案子让你很辛苦 |
[23:26] | You look wiped out. What you up to? | 你看起来累惨了 一直在等什么? |
[23:29] | I was trying to seal the embezzlement case | 我试着用EMBEZZLEMENT的案子 来反对Logan的管理层 |
[23:31] | against Logan’s business manager. | |
[23:34] | I discovered something else entirely. | 我发现了另外一个事件 |
[23:39] | Who’s Charlie Stone? | 谁是Charlie Stone? |
[23:50] | Perfect timing. | 来的正好 |
[23:53] | I think lonely telescope guy is getting tired of me just mooning him. | 我想那个天文爱好者已经厌倦 我这样对着他了 |
[23:56] | I need to talk to you. | 我得和你谈谈 |
[24:00] | I followed the trust money all the way down the rabbit hole. | 我一路追踪那笔信托基金到了贼窝 |
[24:06] | The payments are going to a person named Charlie Stone. | 那些钱 给了一个叫做Charlie Stone的人 |
[24:12] | Do you know who that is? | 你知道他是谁吗? |
[24:14] | No. Should I? | 不 我该知道吗? |
[24:17] | Yeah, probably. | 也许 |
[24:21] | Charlie Stone is your brother. | Charlie Stone是你的兄弟 |
[24:30] | Your dad’s business manager buried him pretty deep. | 你父亲的业务经理藏得很深 |
[24:33] | You weren’t supposed to find out. | 你不可能发现的 |
[24:36] | No one was. | 没有人可以 |
[24:37] | I googled him. | 我上网调查了他 |
[24:40] | All I learned was that he teaches at a private school | 所有我知道的就是 他在圣胡安的一家私人学校教书 |
[24:43] | in San Juan Capistrano. | |
[24:46] | But he is in the book. | 电话簿上也有他的名字 |
[24:53] | Here’s his number. | 这是他的号码 |
[24:59] | What am I supposed to do? | 我该怎么做? |
[25:18] | Hi, this is Charlie. Please leave a message. | 嗨 这是Charlie 请留言 |
[25:20] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[25:23] | Charlie, it’s, uh… | Charlie 我是 呃 |
[25:27] | Logan Echolls calling. | |
[25:29] | Parker? Hey. | Parker? 嘿 |
[25:32] | Save yourself the performance. I know you’re working for the Pi Sigs. | 省省吧 我知道你在为PI SIGS工作 |
[25:35] | I’m not working for the Pi Sigs. I’m working for you. | 我不是在为PI SIGS工作 我是在为你 |
[25:37] | Yeah. | 是啊 我是在利用这个机会接近他们 |
[25:38] | I’m just using this opportunity to get close to them | 我是在利用这个机会接近他们 |
[25:41] | so I can figure out what they’re up to. | 如此我就可以搞清楚他们的把戏了 |
[25:43] | Yeah, and you’re trying to find out who raped me | 是啊 所以你打算通过把我和那个Dick联系在一起 来找到那个强暴犯? |
[25:45] | by hugging it out with Dick Casablancas? | |
[25:47] | You know Dick? | 你知道DICK? |
[25:49] | I gave him my number at orientation. | 入学教育时 我曾把电话号码给过他 |
[25:51] | I actually thought he was cute. | 我真的觉得他很有趣 |
[25:53] | Mac said he showed up at our room the night before the rape | Mac说他曾经在事情发生前 来过我们的房间 |
[25:56] | and was pounding on the door, looking for me. | 还不断的敲打房门要找我 |
[25:58] | Did you tell anyone? | 你告诉过别人吗? |
[26:00] | No, when I talked to the sheriff, I didn’t know about it. | 不 当警察问话时 我根本没有意识到 |
[26:02] | He’s not as harmless as he looks. | 他不像看起来的那么无害 |
[26:04] | Nancy said he chased her out of the haunted house, | Nancy说他把他赶出鬼屋 大声的朝她叫嚷 说她是个妓女 |
[26:06] | screaming at her, calling her a bitch. | |
[26:08] | Why was he screaming at her? | 他为什么要朝她叫喊? 下次你们依偎在兄弟会门口时 记得问他 |
[26:10] | Next time you guys are snuggling on the frat-house porch, | |
[26:13] | Ask him. | |
[26:38] | and what if I could, but for now, Jerry is still the boss. | 我会尽力的 不过目前 Joe还被蒙在鼓里呢 |
[26:42] | Does he respect your opinion? | |
[26:43] | I think he sees Joe with some kind of a side-project. | – 他没有说什么吗? – 我告诉他 我在做其他项目 |
[26:50] | He thinks he’s going to get Joe to turn around. | 他认为 他能让Joe回心转意 |
[26:52] | Based on what? | 有什么根据? |
[26:56] | For directions he came up with at Bingo. | 他在玩赌博游戏时所做的决定 |
[26:59] | He’s one of those people, | 他也是其中之一 |
[27:00] | he thinks the years he’s logged | 他认为在过去几年中 |
[27:03] | are in direct proportion to how smart he is. | 都是因为他的聪明才智才取得了成绩 |
[27:20] | Can I talk to you? | 我能和你谈谈吗? |
[27:22] | You a little busy doing funnel shots with the Pi Sigs? | 你还在忙着给PI SIGS的人伸冤么? |
[27:24] | Aren’t you? | 你不是吗? |
[27:26] | I heard you went to their haunted house. | 我听说你去过他们的鬼屋 |
[27:27] | That must have been fun. Did you go as a hypocrite? | 那一定玩的很开心 你是装扮成一个伪君子进去的? |
[27:30] | I went with Claire because we heard there was a grope room. | 我和Claire一起去的 因为我们听说那里有个抚摸房间 |
[27:33] | And you were looking for a little grab-assing? | 那么你在寻求一点小小的吃豆腐的快感? |
[27:36] | A little poetic justice. | 一点也不幽默 |
[27:38] | They set up this boo room so they could fondle girls as they went through, | 他们开设了这个Boo Room 为了可以在女孩子经过时抚摸她们 我们打扮成老鼠的样子 |
[27:42] | so we dressed up as rats | |
[27:44] | and strategically put rat traps on all of our gropeable parts. | 并且把所有能碰到的地方 都放上了老鼠夹 |
[27:47] | Okay, that is pretty genius. | 你可真天才 |
[27:49] | I was in the room all of three seconds | 在Dick CASABLANCAS被我的老鼠夹逮到之前 我大约待了3秒钟 |
[27:51] | before Dick Casablancas was caught in one of my traps. | |
[27:55] | Their bruised hands. | 他们的手就是这么被弄伤的 |
[27:56] | It must have hurt… He ran me out of the party, screaming. | 那一定很痛 因为他把我赶出了派对 大声叫嚷 |
[27:59] | Was Claire with you? | Claire和你一起吗? |
[28:01] | No. That’s when I lost track of her. | 不 我那时失去了她的踪影 |
[28:04] | I looked for her forever, and I thought I saw her later on, | 我一直在找她 后来我以为看到了她 |
[28:07] | down the street from the party, but it wasn’t her. | 沿着那条街往下走点的地方 不过不是她 |
[28:09] | – You’re sure? – Yeah. | 你确定? 是的 |
[28:11] | I yelled for her. Nothing. | 我喊了几声她的名字 没反应 |
[28:13] | The sheriff knows all of this. | 警官都知道 |
[28:16] | So, the girl you thought was Claire, where did you see her? | 那么 你以为是Claire的女孩 你在哪里看到她的? |
[28:20] | Nancy thought she saw Claire on the street | Nancy以为 她在这个便利店外面看到了Claire |
[28:22] | outside of this convenience store. | |
[28:24] | It’s worth making sure she wasn’t right the first time. | 很有必要去确认一下 她有没有看错 |
[28:28] | – Hi, I was wondering… – I’m not hiring. | – 嗨 我想… – 这里不招人 |
[28:31] | Actually, I was wondering if you were working last saturday night. | 事实上 我想知道你上周六是否也工作? |
[28:35] | I work every saturday night. | 我每周六都工作 |
[28:37] | What else am I gonna do? | 我还能帮你什么? |
[28:40] | Do you remember seeing this girl? Her name is Claire. | 你是否记得看到过这个女孩? 她叫Claire |
[28:43] | Yeah, I saw her. So drunk she could barely stand. | 是的 我看到过 喝得醉醺醺的 几乎都站不住了 |
[28:46] | If your parents knew what you kids really do here… | 如果你的父母知道你的孩子 都在干些什么的话… |
[28:50] | and you’re sure it was her? | 你确定是她? |
[28:51] | She came in with a guy. | 她和一个男孩一起进来 |
[28:53] | She’s falling asleep on my magazine rack. | 她在杂志架那边昏昏欲睡 |
[28:56] | He’s trying to scrape together change to buy prophylactics. | 他正打算要买避孕套 |
[28:59] | Then, he’s all mad because he can’t use a credit card unless he spends $15. | 接着 他就发火了 因为他没法用信用卡 除非他买了15美元以上的东西 |
[29:04] | So I sent him next door to the ATM. | 所以我送他到旁边的ATM机器去了 |
[29:06] | They came back later. | 他们一会就回来了 |
[29:08] | He bought his raincoat. | 他买了避孕套 |
[29:10] | One less bastard child conceived by morons. | 又一个小孩 被这样的混蛋毁了 |
[29:15] | Everyone’s happy. | 大家都高兴了 |
[29:19] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[29:21] | I started bugging my mom about who my dad was when I was, I don’t know, 6, 7. | 我开始偷听我母亲的电话 想要知道我父亲是谁 那时我大概6或者7岁 |
[29:26] | Then, on my 10th birthday, my mom takes me | 接着 在我10岁生日时 我妈妈带我去看了 AARON Echolls演的AARON Echolls |
[29:29] | to see Aaron Echolls in “Thought Police”. | |
[29:31] | She points to the screen, she says, “That’s the guy. That’s your dad”. | 她指着屏幕对我说 就是他 他就是你父亲 |
[29:36] | She took you to see “Thought Police” on your birthday? | 她在你生日时 带你去看 “THOUGHT POLICE”? |
[29:38] | Did she hate you? | 她不会是恨你吧? |
[29:41] | I’m like, “Mom, don’t screw with my head. I’m 10. I can’t deal with the news | 我就像是“妈妈 别让我看这个 我才10岁呢 |
[29:45] | that the guy mind-wrestling with Stallone on-screen knocked you up”. | 我可接受不了屏幕上那些大人的事情 |
[29:48] | She was a stewardess when she met Aaron. | 当她遇到AARon时 她是个女乘务员 |
[29:51] | She said she met him working first class | 她说 她是在 从洛山机到纽约的头等舱工作时遇到他的 |
[29:53] | On an L.A-to-New-York Red-Eye. | |
[29:55] | My mom is a looker. | 我母亲很美 |
[29:57] | Yeah, I’m sure she is. | 是的 我很确信 |
[30:00] | I didn’t believe her till she showed me the checks, the hush money. | 我一直不相信她 直到她给我看那些用来堵嘴的钱 |
[30:04] | How many kids of single-parent flight attendants | 有多少单亲的乘务员母亲 可以供自己的孩子上私人学校? |
[30:06] | go to the best private schools? | |
[30:07] | Still, I’d see pictures of your family and think, | 尽管如此 我看着你们的照片 心里想着 那个生活该是我的 |
[30:09] | “That life should be mine”. | |
[30:11] | Eh, you don’t want it. Trust me. | 你不会想要的 相信我 |
[30:13] | No, I know. That’s the thing. | 我知道 这就现实 |
[30:15] | The more I watched, the happier I was that it wasn’t my family. | 我看的多了 我也更加庆幸那不是我的家 |
[30:18] | Your dad cheats on your mom, it’s on the cover of People. | 你的父亲欺骗了你的母亲 登在人物杂志的封面上 |
[30:22] | Your sister shoots Nicole Richie with a B.B. Gun, | 你的姐姐用一把玩具手枪 朝NICOLE RICHIE射击 |
[30:23] | Jay Leno opens his monologue with it. | JAY LENO用这个作为文章的开头 |
[30:25] | Then the murder. | 接着 凶手 |
[30:27] | I started wondering if something was wrong with me, | 我开始想如果真有什么是我不该有的 |
[30:28] | You know, if this is my bloodline. | 你知道的 一定是这份血缘关系 |
[30:32] | Yeah, join the club. | 没错 你加入了进来 |
[30:34] | Well… | 好了 … |
[30:36] | this has been great, but I got to run… Papers to grade. | 今天晚上过的很开心 但我得走了 还有考卷要批改 |
[30:39] | Well, yeah. | 哦 好的 |
[30:41] | That is, we’ll have to do it again… Longer, next time. | 下次再继续 LONGAN |
[30:46] | I’d like to hear about him, Aaron, the details, good or bad. | 没问题. 我一直很高兴听到你的消息 好的或者坏的 |
[30:49] | Yeah, bad, mostly. | 绝大多数是坏的 |
[30:51] | There’s just this void, you know. | 有时很空虚 你了解的 |
[30:53] | Oh, hello. | 哦 你好 |
[30:56] | Veronica, this is my half-brother, Charlie. | 这是我同父异母兄弟 Charlie |
[30:59] | Charlie, my girlfriend, Veronica. | Charlie 我女朋友 Veronica |
[31:01] | – Hey, nice to meet you. – Yeah, you too. | 很高兴见到你 我也一样 |
[31:05] | Well, Charlie has to get home, grade papers. | Charlie要回家了 去批改考卷 |
[31:08] | He’s got an honest job. | 他有个很光荣的工作 |
[31:10] | He’s a contributing member of society. | 他是个社会的贡献者 |
[31:12] | Very un-Echolls. | 非常不像Echolls一家的人 |
[31:13] | Yeah, and if I get them graded by tonight, | 是啊 如果我今晚改完了 我就可以玩祖马(网络游戏)直到天亮了 |
[31:15] | I can hit zuma at dawn. | |
[31:17] | You surf? | 你上网? |
[31:20] | As often and as long as I can. | 只要我有空就会上网 |
[31:22] | Man, we are brothers. | 嘿 我们的确是兄弟 |
[31:31] | I have options. | 我有几个选择 |
[31:33] | I could be excited for Logan… thrilled, even… | 我可以为Logan而开心 甚至欢呼雀跃 |
[31:35] | that his brother is such a keeper, or I can be me. | 因为他找到了一个好兄弟 要么我还是做我自己 |
[31:50] | Hi, uh, sorry to bother you. | 不好意思打扰你 |
[31:53] | Are you, by any chance, the sub for Mr. Stone? | 你是否能够为Mr. Stone捐点钱? |
[31:57] | No, I’m the real deal. I’m Mr. Stone. | 不 我就是Mr. Stone |
[32:01] | Sorry, I’ve got a class starting. Did you need something? | 对不起 我要去上课了 你需要什么帮助吗?? |
[32:05] | No, uh… just looking for someone else. | 不 我只是在找另外一个人 |
[32:08] | Okay, then I got to call roll. | 好的 那么我要去点名了 |
[32:19] | So it’s christmas, right? | 是圣诞节 没错吧? |
[32:21] | The entire family unit is around, which was rare. | 所有人聚在一起 真是难得 |
[32:26] | And I’m, I don’t know, 9. | 我不知道 我只有9岁 |
[32:30] | And Aaron hands me a gift, | AARON给了我一封礼物 |
[32:33] | you know, but he notices the box has been rewrapped, so he knows I peeked. | 但是他注意到盒子被重新包装过了 所以他知道我偷看过了 |
[32:37] | I’m 9 years old. He’s regifting me a fruit basket. | 我9岁那年 他又送了我一个水果篮子 |
[32:40] | He starts shouting about how I ruined christmas. | 他开始朝我大吼 说我毁了圣诞节 |
[32:42] | – Oh, my god. – Yeah. | 哦 天啊 |
[32:45] | And he tells me I’m not opening another gift | 他告诉我 直到我吃完12个梨 才能开另外一份礼物 |
[32:49] | until I eat all the 12 pears in the box. | |
[32:51] | Damn, man, the scissors incident, | 该死的 剪刀惹的祸 |
[32:53] | drained swimming pool episode, now the box of pears. | 先是喝光游泳池的水 现在又是梨 |
[32:56] | So, I’m eating the pears. | 接着 我开始吃梨 |
[32:57] | I’m taking my time, taking these dainty bites. | 我正在享受我的美好时光 可口的食物 |
[33:03] | The man comes unhinged. | 一个精神错乱的人进来了 |
[33:08] | He takes these pears and starts shoving them down my throat, one after another. | 他拿着那些梨 开始朝我的喉咙里面塞 一个接着一个 |
[33:13] | And I’m choking, but he doesn’t stop | 我快要窒息了 他仍然不停止 |
[33:16] | until my mom holds a cheese knife to his throat. | 直到我母亲拿了把切奶酪的刀 放在他喉咙上 |
[33:19] | To this day, I puke if I smell a pear. | 直到今天 我一闻到梨的味道就想吐 |
[33:25] | Aah! | |
[33:38] | Quick, Jim, hide them hookers. | 快点 Jim 把他们放在船上 |
[33:41] | Hmm. | |
[33:44] | Hi, Logan. Hi, Norman Phipps. | 嗨 Logan 嗨 Norman Phipps |
[33:49] | What’d you call him? | 你叫他什么? |
[33:50] | His name… Norman Phipps. | 他的名字 Norman Phipps |
[33:52] | At least, that’s the name of the guy who rented his rental car. | 至少这是他用来租车的名字 |
[33:56] | And a quick google check reveals | 在网上的搜索显示 Norman Phipps 是VANITY FAIR杂志的自由撰稿人 |
[33:57] | that Norman Phipps is a contributor to Vanity Fair. | |
[34:00] | Thank god for mobile wireless, huh? | 感谢无线网络 对吗? |
[34:02] | So, Norman, how’s your story coming? | Norman 你故事怎么样了? |
[34:06] | It’s great. | 不错啊 |
[34:08] | In fact, I’m almost there. Just one thing, Logan. | 事实上 我只差一步了 只是一点 Logan |
[34:10] | That fruit basket, was it from Harry and David? | 关于水果篮子的故事 是不是从Harry和DAvid那里来的啊? |
[34:13] | God is in the details. | 连上帝都在故事里面 |
[34:15] | Oh, please take a swing. It’d make a great lead. | 拜托随便编一个 让我开开眼吧 |
[34:26] | I’m so sorry. I should have just left it alone. | 我很抱歉 我不该管那么多的 |
[34:36] | I guess this is the money shot, right? | 我想这就是我的花费所在 对吗? |
[34:41] | I wanted proof, I got proof. | 我想要证据 我得到了 |
[34:43] | So now I do it, right, I leave him? | 所以 现在我可以行动了 我可以离开他了对吗? |
[34:46] | – Harmony. – Is that standard operating procedure? | 难道这就是所谓的标准程序? |
[34:48] | I mean, do I kick him out? Would he move out? | 我是说 我要赶他走吗? 还是他自己会搬走? 或者我带着女儿去旅馆? 在你作出任何决定之前… |
[34:51] | – Do I take our daughter to a hotel? – Harmony, before you do anything… | |
[34:59] | …you need to hear this. | …你必须听听这些 |
[35:03] | He’s one of those people. | 他也是那类人 |
[35:04] | He thinks the years he’s logged are in direct proportion to how smart… | 他认为 过去几年 都是因为他的聪明才智才取得了成绩 |
[35:07] | Oh, wait, Carly, stop. | 等等 Carly 停下来 |
[35:11] | I can’t. I have a wife, a family. | 我不能 我有妻子和家庭 |
[35:15] | I’m not going to do this. | 我不能这样做 |
[35:17] | They left separately. | 他们分头离开的 |
[35:19] | I followed Marvin back to your house. | 我跟踪Marvin回到你家 |
[35:22] | This morning, he handed off the Reilly International account | 今天早上他拦截了一笔钱 |
[35:25] | to someone named Darrell Derryberry. | 从REILLY INTERNATIONAL帐户 转到一个叫Darrell Derryberry人那儿的 |
[35:31] | I should go home. | 我该回家了 |
[35:35] | Yes, you should. | 是的 你的确该回去了 |
[36:00] | Remember that case a couple years ago | 还记得几年前那个 一个女人冒充自己老板的案子吗? |
[36:02] | Where that woman was impersonating her boss? | |
[36:05] | How did you “obtain” the ATM photos that proved it? | 你怎么拿到ATM的照片来证实哪? |
[36:09] | I know a guy. | 我认得一个人 |
[36:13] | A representative of the bank needs to request a court order, | 银行的代表人必须申请法院的指令 |
[36:16] | and once the court order is issued, | 如果一旦法令被颁布了 |
[36:18] | it only takes about an hour to get the photos. | 只要1个小时便可以拿到照片了 |
[36:20] | So it’s a piece of cake? | 所以只是小菜一碟? |
[36:22] | A monkey with a friend who’s a bank representative can do it. | 只要有银行工作的朋友 连猴子可以办到 |
[36:26] | So, Bubbles, you feel like doing me a solid? Hmm? | 那你肯帮这个忙么? |
[36:39] | Hello, Chip, Dick, faceless “Star Trek” crew members. | 你好 CHIP, DICK, FACELESS 嘿 打算退还我们的钱了? |
[36:43] | Hey, gonna give us our money back? | |
[36:45] | Hmm. | |
[36:47] | The morning after the haunted house, | 在鬼屋派对的第二天早上5点 |
[36:48] | Claire woke up alone in the park, | Claire独自一个人在公园醒来 |
[36:50] | 5:00 A.M. Her head was shaved. | 她的头发被剃了 |
[36:52] | This photo was taken of Claire the night she was raped. | 这张照片是她被强暴那晚拍的 |
[36:56] | It’s from an ATM on the corner of Stanton and Lake. | 是从拐角的一个ATM机器上弄到的 |
[36:58] | Look at the time stamp… 2:00 A.M. | 看一下上面的时间 凌晨2点 |
[37:01] | The haunted house had been closed for two hours. | 那时鬼屋已经关了近2个小时了 |
[37:03] | She still has her hair, so we know she hasn’t been raped yet. | 她头发还没剃 由此可知她还尚未被强暴 |
[37:06] | And look who she’s with. | 看看她和谁在一起 |
[37:08] | Who’s that dude? It’s not one of us. | 这个家伙是谁? 不是我们的人 |
[37:10] | Precisely. | 没错 |
[37:12] | You Pi Sigs have exactly one asian member, and that’s not him. | PI SIGS只有一个亚洲成员 不是他 |
[37:16] | Voil? proof of innocence, | 瞧 我们是清白的 |
[37:18] | courtesy of pixie spy magic. | 很高兴神奇的间谍又起作用了 |
[37:28] | Hmm, when did the greek chorus of feminist shame arrive? | 这些让女权主义蒙羞的家伙 什么时候来的? |
[37:52] | Good news. The Pi Sigs were absolved. | 好消息 PI SIGS被免除了罪责 |
[37:55] | Because they were innocent, Parker. | 因为他们是无辜的 Parker |
[37:57] | Because you helped them, | 因为你帮助了他们 |
[37:58] | which is what you were trying to do all along. | 你一直是这样打算的 |
[38:01] | How do you live with yourself? | 你怎么能够这么自私哪? |
[38:04] | I was looking for the truth, and I found it. | 我只是在找寻真相 而我找到了 |
[38:06] | You want to nail someone to the wall just to have someone nailed there, | 你是希望某人不得好死 仅仅是为了发泄 |
[38:10] | Or do you want the person responsible to pay? | 还是希望找到那个 真正该付出代价的人? |
[38:23] | Hey, careful, man, there’s a beverage here. | 嘿 小心点 我手里有瓶饮料 |
[38:27] | You doing okay? | 你还好吗? |
[38:29] | On top of the world, looking down on creation. | 站在世界的顶端 俯视终生 |
[38:31] | I saw you on “Larry King” last night, | 我看到你昨晚在”LARRY KING” |
[38:34] | giving your half-brother a little coming-out party. | 在为你的兄弟举办小型的欢迎会 |
[38:37] | Life as Charlie Stone knew it is officially over. | Charlie Stone说 那种生活已经正式结束了 |
[38:40] | I’m choking with empathy. | 我快要被感情窒息了 |
[38:42] | By serving up that Vanity Fair reporter, he brought it on himself. | 被那个VANITY的记者招待过之后 他自己提了出来 |
[38:46] | Well, we don’t know that for sure. | 我们还不是很确定 |
[38:49] | Well, how else could it have happened? | 不然 还会怎么样? |
[38:52] | Well, I’m glad you went digging. | 我很高兴你挖掘了内幕 |
[38:55] | I mean, it officially erased any and all romantic notions about my family. | 我是说 它正式的扫除了 我们家所有的传奇式的因素 |
[38:59] | That’s me, all sorts of helpful. | 这就是我 总是很有帮助 |
[39:02] | I was hoping you could bust some of it out again | 我希望你能再挖点东西出来 |
[39:04] | and help me find Norman Phipps. | 帮我找到Norman Phipps |
[39:06] | Why? | 怎么了? |
[39:07] | I gave him a pocket watch that belonged to my grandfather, | 我给了他一块属于我祖父的怀表 |
[39:10] | the only decent member of my family. | 我们家的唯一的好人 |
[39:13] | Of course, he died when I was 5, so who knows? | 当然 他在我5岁的时候就去世了 谁知道哪? |
[39:16] | Still, kind of burns, thinking of Norman having it. | 但是 想到Norman拿着那块表就火大 |
[39:19] | In my world, the wicked don’t get parting gifts. | 在我的观念里 坏蛋是没有权利得到分手礼物的 |
[39:32] | Hey, there, fake Charlie. | 嘿 假Charlie |
[39:34] | You weren’t expecting to see me again, were you? | 你没想到会再见到我吧? |
[39:36] | Can I come in? | 我能进来吗? |
[39:41] | Look, I was just doing my job. | 听着 我只是在完成我的工作而已 |
[39:43] | None of it matters anyway. | 而且现在都不再重要了 杂志放弃了那个报道 因为LARRY KING抢先得到了独家新闻 |
[39:44] | The magazine dropped the story when Larry King scooped them. | 杂志放弃了那个报道 因为LARRY KING抢先得到了独家新闻 |
[39:46] | That was the plan. I’m here for the watch. | 我是来拿那个手表的 |
[39:49] | Eh. | |
[39:50] | Your boyfriend got one detail wrong in that interview of his. | 你男友在那个访问中说错了一件事 |
[39:54] | Charlie Stone never talked to me. | Charlie Stone从来没有和我谈过 |
[39:56] | I tracked him down, but he wanted to remain anonymous. | 我找到了他 可他不想被曝光 |
[39:58] | Then how did you end up meeting Logan? | 那么你是如何和Logan遇上的? |
[40:01] | I had a tap on Charlie’s phone. | 我在Charlie的电话机里装了个窃听器 |
[40:04] | You don’t know who you are | |
[40:11] | The reporter acted alone. | 窃听器是单独运作的 |
[40:14] | He was tapping Charlie’s line when you called. | 当你打给Charlie时 他偷听了电话 |
[40:18] | Your real half-brother is innocent. | 你那个真的兄弟是清白的 |
[40:21] | …bet your life on a star | |
[40:25] | And I was so quick to believe that guy. | 我太轻易的相信那个家伙了 |
[40:31] | And now I look at you and your dad… | 现在 我看着你和你父亲 |
[40:35] | you know, that thing that you have. | 看到你们所拥有的一切 |
[40:38] | I never had that. | 而我从来不曾拥有过 |
[40:43] | You couldn’t have known. | 你未曾知情 |
[40:47] | I’m sure that doesn’t matter to him. | 我确信这对他而言一定无关紧要 |
[40:52] | There’s a voice in my head | |
[41:02] | Hi, this is Charlie. Please leave a message. | 嗨 这是Charlie 请留言 |
[41:05] | Hey, Charlie, it’s Logan again. Um… | 嘿 Charlie 是Logan 又打来了 |
[41:11] | Listen, I’m sorry about all the messages. | 听着 我对这一切感到很抱歉 |
[41:16] | Yeah, I guess I thought I’d give it another shot. | 我想我们可以重新来过 |
[41:21] | Fourth time’s the charm, right? | 事在人为 不是吗? |
[41:24] | You always answer the phone [Transcript: Raceman] | |
[41:48] | No, I’m never lonely alone [www.forom.com] |