时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | previously on “Veronica Mars”… | |
[00:01] | Hi. Do you remember me, By any chance? | 嗨 记得我吗 |
[00:04] | Harmony, right? Right. | -是Harmony 是吗 -是的 |
[00:05] | What’s your problem? | 怎么了? |
[00:06] | I’m officially failing Mechanical engineering. | 我机械工程课挂了 |
[00:09] | Call this number. | 打这个电话 |
[00:10] | ?? | 能帮你辅导功课 |
[00:13] | They raped Claire — “the blonde in the middle.” | Claire被强暴了 “中间那个金发的” |
[00:16] | I have the atm photo From that night. | 我有张案发当晚ATM机拍的照片 |
[00:19] | The guy who did this to me? | 强暴我的那家伙? |
[00:20] | I have no idea Who this is. | 我不认识他 |
[00:23] | Is Wang yi here? Why? | -请问Wang Yi在吗 -有事吗 |
[00:25] | Because he raped This girl. | 他强暴了这女孩 |
[00:26] | Claire? I doubt it. | Claire?我不信 |
[00:28] | She’s Wang¡¯s girlfriend. | 她是Wang的女朋友 |
[00:30] | Claire: give me a chance To explain. | 请听我解释 |
[00:32] | O¡¯Dell: I don’t care what kind Of point you’re trying to make. | 我不想听你解释 |
[00:34] | Fake a rape, Then bring in your lawyer? | 假装被强暴 还带律师来? |
[00:36] | What universe Do you live in? | 这是什么世道啊 |
[00:38] | Have you gone Completely insane? | 你疯了吗 |
[00:39] | So, is this what you wanted? | 这是你希望看到的? |
[00:42] | You think This is what I wanted. | 你以为我想这样? |
[00:44] | Angela, get them in here. | Angela 让她们进来 |
[00:46] | [ sighs ] | |
[00:48] | If you examine it closely, Dean O¡¯Dell, | O’Dell校长 如果你好好查查 |
[00:50] | The facts are still — | 事实真相还没有… |
[00:51] | The facts Are miss Mars’ story here, | Mars小姐的报道就是事实 |
[00:54] | And she has the notes And evidence to back it up, | 她有充分的理由及证据 |
[00:56] | I believe. | |
[00:57] | We have photos. We have witnesses. | 有照片 有证人 |
[00:59] | We have the boyfriend Who helped. | 还有男友从犯 |
[01:00] | There’s no question Claire lied about the rape, | 毫无疑问 Claire在强暴的事上撒谎了 |
[01:03] | And the Hearst charter’s Quite clear about this. | Hearst校规写得很清楚 |
[01:05] | You want to challenge The charter, that’s fine. | 你想质疑校规吗 没问题 |
[01:07] | We have lawyers, too, | 我们也有律师 |
[01:09] | And they’re a lot scarier Than you, Mr. Davis. | 而且个个比你厉害 Davis先生 |
[01:11] | Miss Nordhouse, you’re expelled From Hearst college | Nordhouse小姐 从现在起 |
[01:14] | As of this moment, And so is your lawyer. | Hearst学院不欢迎你 你的律师也是 |
[01:17] | That’s all. | 就这样 |
[01:20] | [ sighs ] | |
[01:23] | Happy? | 你高兴了? |
[01:29] | Madam editor, Why didn’t I read this story | 主编女士 为什么我不是从 |
[01:32] | In the Hearst paper? | Hearst校报上读到这篇报道的? |
[01:33] | I found the facts fairly simple To corroborate. | 我认为证据确凿 |
[01:34] | I felt I had a responsibility To exercise some caution | 我有责任禁止 |
[01:37] | With a story implying The rapes might have been faked. | 暗示强暴案造假的报道见诸报端 |
[01:40] | In case you haven’t noticed, It’s a powder keg out there. | 您可能没有注意到 外面火药味很浓 |
[01:42] | I noticed, But I didn’t see much caution | 我明白了 不过你暗示Pi Sigma团体涉案时 |
[01:44] | When you implicated The pi sigma house. | 似乎不太负责任 |
[01:46] | You’re supposed to at least Pretend to be objective. | 至少应该假装客观 |
[01:49] | I’m afraid I’m gonna need you to step down | 恐怕我得让你 |
[01:51] | As editor of the free press. | 从<自由报>的主编位子上退下来 |
[01:52] | It’s a student paper. You can’t. | 这是学生报刊 你无权那么做 |
[01:54] | I’m a devious old man, Nish. | 我老谋深算 Nish |
[01:56] | You’d be surprised What I can do. | 你绝对想不到我的影响力 |
[01:58] | You’re done there As of this moment. | 你的工作到此为止 |
[02:01] | You’ll regret that. | 你会后悔的 |
[02:05] | And so will you. | 你也一样 |
[02:11] | David, sorry for the wait. | David 抱歉 让你久等了 |
[02:12] | It’s been a hell of a week. Come on in. | 这周忙得焦头烂额 进来吧 |
[02:14] | Mr. Fennel? | Fennel先生? |
[02:24] | This is hardly The first time | 这已经不是第一次 |
[02:25] | We’ve caught an athlete Cheating. | 抓到体育生作弊了 |
[02:26] | I’ll take some of the blame. | 我应付部分责任 |
[02:28] | We usually don’t take athletes In the program. | 通常我们不会把体育生 算在教学计划内 |
[02:29] | It’s just too demanding, | 这样对他们要求太高了 |
[02:30] | Especially with standardized Test scores as low as his. | 尤其是标准化测验成绩那么低的学生 |
[02:33] | If I¡¯d paid closer Attention to — | 如果我多注意的话… |
[02:35] | Oh! I’m sorry. | 哦 打扰了 |
[02:37] | Pardon us. My important lunch. | 对不起 我的重要午餐 |
[02:40] | There better be a cookie In there. | 最好有曲奇饼 |
[02:41] | Oh, of course there isn’t. | 哦 当然没有 |
[02:43] | Why do you punish me Like this? | 你为什么要这么惩罚我? |
[02:44] | Because I¡¯m your wife. That’s what I¡¯m for, remember? | 因为我是你妻子 妻子都这样 知道吗 |
[02:49] | Be merciful. | 手下留情 |
[02:55] | She probably Ate the damn cookie herself. | 她肯定独吞了曲奇饼 |
[02:58] | So, what do you have To say? | 你有什么要说的吗 |
[03:01] | I’m with her On the mercy thing. | 我同意她说的 要手下留情 |
[03:02] | Hmm. | |
[03:04] | The whole of human knowledge Right there online, | 人类所有的知识都可以在网上找到 |
[03:06] | And these papers are thin. | 你们的报告内容太空洞了 |
[03:08] | Am I crazy to expect better? | 我要求太高了吗 |
[03:11] | And if you’re confused As to what better is, | 如果你们不明白什么叫更好的 |
[03:13] | Let me direct you to the front, | 我建议你们到前面来看看 |
[03:14] | Where I¡¯ve posted our only Example of a-caliber work. | 我贴了班里唯一的A级论文 |
[03:20] | Excellent work, ms. Mars. | 棒极了 Mars女士 |
[03:23] | Veronica: well, this should make me popular. | 这下我可出名了 |
[03:27] | All righty, That’s all for today. | 好了 今天就到这里 |
[03:28] | We’ll see you next time. | 下次见 |
[03:30] | Don’t forget, Read both chapters — both. | 别忘了 读2个章节 2章都要读 |
[03:33] | Professor, I have The Columbia studies. | 教授 我拿到了哥伦比亚大学的资料 |
[03:35] | Maybe we can — | 也许我们可以… |
[03:36] | Just make copies For tomorrow, Tim. | 复印明天的内容就行了 Tim |
[03:37] | Veronica… | |
[03:41] | You free for lunch? | 有空一起吃午餐吗 |
[03:43] | Databases, Chemistry, psychology — | 数据库 化学 心理学 |
[03:45] | That’s where the action is. | 这些都要学 |
[03:46] | Are you taking any psych? | 修心理学课程了吗 |
[03:48] | Take Wagner¡¯s class. He’s the best. | 选Wagner的课 他是最棒的 |
[03:50] | If you want A double major — | 如果你想修双学位 |
[03:51] | Double? I haven’t even Declared one major yet. | 双学位?我连一门都没读完 |
[03:55] | Consider this A sales talk. | 就当是推销会谈吧 |
[03:57] | I not only think of you | 我认为你不仅是一个 |
[03:58] | As a very bright woman In general, | 聪明的女生 |
[04:00] | I also think That you’re a natural | 而且还是一个 |
[04:01] | When it comes To criminal work. | 天生的犯罪工作者 |
[04:02] | I’m not saying this To be nice or supportive. | 我不是哄你或安慰你 |
[04:04] | I’m saying it Because it’s true | 我说的都是是真的 |
[04:05] | And because I want someone Like you in my program. | 我需要向你一样的人加入我 |
[04:08] | I think I should be Your faculty advisor. | 所以我想当你的指导老师 |
[04:10] | I think you’re capable Of great work here, Veronica, | 你会大展拳脚的 Veronica |
[04:12] | And I want To help you do it. | 我会帮你的 |
[04:16] | End of sales talk. | 推销会谈到此为止 |
[04:17] | Keith: he sounds Like a hell of a guy. | 听上去他是个完美男人 |
[04:19] | Not only is he smart, | 他不仅聪明 |
[04:20] | But he’s the biggest gun In the department, | 还是学院里呼风唤雨级的人物 |
[04:22] | So him offering To be my advisor — | 竟然主动提出当我的导师… |
[04:24] | Yeah, I¡¯m not surprised. | 意料之中 |
[04:27] | But I wish You would consult with me | 不过希望你能问一下我的意见 |
[04:29] | Before you start phasing me Out of your life. | 再把我逐步赶出你的生活 |
[04:31] | Dad… He’s smart, huh? Is he smarter than your old man? | -爸 他太酷了 -比你老爹还酷? |
[04:34] | Actually, you two Have a lot in common. | 实际上 你们有很多共同点 |
[04:36] | You’d like him. | 你会喜欢他的 |
[04:37] | Can I take him in a fight? Be honest. | 能和他切磋一下吗 实话实说 |
[04:40] | [ telephone ringing ] | |
[04:48] | Hello. | 你好 |
[04:49] | Harmony: Keith, hi, it’s Harmony. | Keith 嗨 我是Harmony |
[04:51] | Hi. Uh, is everything okay? | 嗨 一切都好吧? |
[04:55] | Oh, fine, fine, actually. | 哦 很好很好 |
[04:57] | I know that our profsional Relationship is over, | 我明白我们的工作关系已经结束了 |
[05:01] | But I enjoyed, You know, talking. | 但是我喜欢跟你聊天 |
[05:06] | Uh, yeah, me too. | 我也是 |
[05:08] | So, my husband has taken Our daughter to Orlando | 我丈夫带女儿去奥兰多 |
[05:11] | For a couple of weeks. | 玩几周 |
[05:12] | I’ve got passes to The noir festival at the orient | 我有几张黑色电影电影节的入场券 |
[05:14] | And no one to go with. | 但没人陪我去 |
[05:15] | And I was thinking, you’re a guy With an interest in — | 我在想 你很擅长… |
[05:18] | Noir business? | 黑色职业? |
[05:19] | Right. | 是的 |
[05:20] | And maybe you might want to, You know, join me, | 也许你可以…嗯…跟我一起去? |
[05:24] | Just grab a movie. | 看看电影 |
[05:29] | Keith? | |
[05:34] | I got a text message Saying you wanted to see me. | 我收到短信说你想见我? |
[05:37] | I think it was “needed,” Not “wanted.” | 是”要见” 不是”想见” |
[05:42] | Ah, how did you Get this number? | 你怎么会有这个号码? |
[05:44] | I don’t give it out To anyone. | 我没有告诉过别人 |
[05:46] | You’re not the only one At this school | 你不是学校里唯一一个 |
[05:48] | Who has certain…gifts. | 有这种天赋的 |
[05:51] | Gifts — that was my Grandmother’s term | 天赋 那是我奶奶的口头禅 |
[05:54] | For female… | 专指女生 |
[05:57] | Just so you know. | 你懂吧 |
[05:59] | What did you need To see me about? | 你找我干什么? |
[06:01] | You know, Hearst has A pretty strict policy | Hearst学院有一项非常严格的规定 |
[06:03] | When it comes To plagiarism. | 禁止剽窃他人作品 |
[06:04] | Yes. Did someone plagiarize? | 我知道 有人剽窃了吗 |
[06:08] | You did. | 就是你 |
[06:09] | One of your classmates Turned you in. | 有个同学告发你了 |
[06:10] | There’s a program we run To check papers. | 我们在网上搜索相关字符 |
[06:12] | It scans online For similar phrases. | 检查学生的论文 |
[06:14] | I know how it works, But I — | 我知道工作原理 但是我没… |
[06:16] | Your paper lit up Like a Christmas tree. | 你的论文像圣诞树一样亮起来了 |
[06:18] | What?! I didn’t copy my paper. | 什么?我没有抄袭 |
[06:20] | So I assumed, but… | 我也这么想 不过… |
[06:24] | Well, that’s Your paper there. | 这就是你的论文 |
[06:32] | There’s no way. Someone Is trying to screw with me. | 不可能 有人陷害我 |
[06:34] | ?? | 你以为是我? |
[06:36] | You think I¡¯m trying to get you Out of Landry¡¯s class Because I don’t like you? | 你以为我不喜欢你 所以千方百计把你赶出Landry的课? |
[06:38] | Wait, you don’t like me? | 等一下 你不喜欢我? |
[06:40] | This will have to come To Landry¡¯s attention. | Landry会知道的 |
[06:42] | It’s a bummer, since I know That you and he are now close. | 原来我们是同一战线的 真可惜 |
[06:45] | So, how about I give you a choice? Choice? | -那给你个选择怎么样? -选择? |
[06:47] | Either you can tell him Or I can. | 你自己告诉他 或者我告诉他 |
[06:49] | Landry: tell who what? | 告诉谁什么? 谎言与背叛 |
[06:54] | * a long time ago, We used to be friends * | |
[06:58] | * but I haven’t thought of you Lately at all * | |
[07:04] | * come on, now, sugar | |
[07:06] | * bring it on, bring it on, Yeah * | |
[07:08] | * just remember me when | |
[07:12] | * we used to be friends A long time ago * | |
[07:17] | * we used to be friends | |
[07:23] | capture:frm@id sync:frm@uranus | |
[07:28] | Hey, Veronica. | 嗨 Veronica |
[07:30] | Can you believe this? | 你相信吗 |
[07:31] | Some lady threw her husband Out of the house. | 有个女人刚把丈夫扫地出门 |
[07:32] | Right now she’s having a garage Sale of all of his stuff. | 就把他的东西都低价卖了 |
[07:35] | “London calling” — vinyl — Unscratched — 99 cents. | 未拆封的<伦敦呼声>唱片 只要99美分 |
[07:39] | Awesome, right? | 酷吧? |
[07:41] | My would-be-mentor professor Just gave me three days | 我的前准导师给我三天期限 |
[07:43] | To prove I didn’t plagiarize A major paper. | 证明自己没有抄袭专业论文 |
[07:45] | The universe is currently Aligned against me, | 整个世界都在跟我作对 |
[07:47] | So nothing’s awesome. | 一点也不酷 |
[07:49] | You know what you should do? You should come bowling. | 知道吗 你该来打保龄球 |
[07:52] | Bowling? | 保龄球? |
[07:54] | You mean, like, Just the two of us? | 就我们俩? |
[07:57] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[07:58] | And Wallace — you know, The whole gang. | 还有Wallace…所有人 |
[08:00] | Thursday nights are $1 night At fun bowl. | 周四晚是欢乐保龄球馆的 一元特价夜 |
[08:02] | Will bowling take my mind Off of the fact | 保龄球可以让我忘记 |
[08:03] | That everyone’s Out to get me? | 所有人都在烦我吗? |
[08:06] | It worked for Nixon. | 对尼克松有用 |
[08:07] | It’ll be fun. | 很好玩的 |
[08:10] | I don’t get This sad-clown face. | 为什么哭丧着脸? |
[08:13] | I thought he let you Drop the class. | 你不是退选那门了吗 |
[08:15] | I haven’t decided If I¡¯m gonna. | 我还没决定 |
[08:17] | What’s to decide? | 还有什么好决定的? |
[08:19] | Two weeks after add/drops, | 选课结束两周了 |
[08:20] | He lets you drop a class That’s kicking your ass. | 他还允许你退选 太狗屎了 |
[08:23] | That’s a gift. Take it and smile. | 天赐良机 你就偷着乐吧 |
[08:26] | [ whistle blows ] Okay, okay, 5-on-5 scrimmage. | 好了 5对5争球 |
[08:28] | Let’s go. Move. | 快点 集合 |
[08:29] | Fennel, You run first team today. | Fennel 今天你带一队 |
[08:33] | Wait, coach… | 等等 教练 |
[08:35] | You want to keep Your starting job, Mason? | Mason 想继续进入首发阵容? |
[08:36] | Start showing me something. | 还得看你的本事 |
[08:38] | Let’s go! | 开始 |
[08:43] | apparently, if you look hard enough, | 很明显 如果你死命观察 |
[08:44] | everyone looks like they’re hiding dark secrets. | 每个人似乎都隐藏了 什么肮脏的小秘密 |
[08:47] | so, if you’re looking for something specific, | 因此 如果要找某样确切的东西 |
[08:49] | you got to try the direct approach. | 你应该采用最直接的方法 |
[08:52] | Hi, some of you might know Who I am — Veronica Mars. | 嗨 有些人可能认识我 |
[08:58] | Okay, so, I wrote that paper, And now someone in this class | 那篇论文就是我写的 |
[09:02] | Has accused me Plagiarizing it, | 现在班里某个人指责我剽窃 |
[09:04] | Which I absolutely did not. | 我根本没做过 |
[09:06] | So, I was kind of wondering Who it was. | 我想知道他是谁 |
[09:11] | So, is this silence Like it wasn’t any of you | 沉默是表示不是你们干的 |
[09:15] | Or like no one wants To face me? | 还是说没人愿意面对我? |
[09:18] | or like no one actually did it | 还是根本没人干过 |
[09:20] | and our weaselly TA. is trying to — | 而我们狡猾的助教企图… |
[09:22] | I did it. Jeff Ratner. | 是我干的Jeff Ratner |
[09:26] | Ratner. Um, have we met before? | Ratner 我们以前见过吗 |
[09:30] | We have, but you probably Don’t remember, so whatever. | 见过 不过你大概 不记得了 无所谓 |
[09:34] | So, you reported me. Why — | 是你告发我的 为什么 |
[09:36] | Why? | 为什么? |
[09:37] | Maybe ’cause i’m A common-man kind of guy, | 也许因为我是普通人 |
[09:39] | And I like it When some teacher’s pet | 喜欢看某些成绩突出的 |
[09:41] | Who’s destroying the curve For everyone | 老师的乖宝宝 |
[09:43] | Gets exposed as a cheat. | 被爆料抄袭论文 |
[09:44] | Yeah, you cheated. I ught you. | 你抄袭 我告发 |
[09:48] | Deal with it. | 认命吧 |
[10:01] | Wallace? | |
[10:01] | Not here. | 他不在 |
[10:02] | And you would be? | 那您是? |
[10:04] | Evil Wallace. | Wallace邪恶体 |
[10:05] | And I know Veronica Mars Doesn’t hang | Veronica Mars不会理Wallace邪恶体 |
[10:06] | With the evil And morally bankrupt. | 有损形象 |
[10:09] | Evil Wallace wouldn’t have Confessed and faced punishment. | Wallace邪恶体不会忏悔 不会接受惩罚 |
[10:12] | Pe, You’re regular Wallace. | 你是Wallace正常体 |
[10:15] | Well, regular Wallace Has been given ahance | Wallace正常体被允许 |
[10:17] | To drop mechanical engineering Scot-free, | 退选机械工程课 还免受处罚 |
[10:19] | Which would mean giving it up As my major. | 意味着我不能主修这个专业了 |
[10:22] | I mean, man. | 兄弟 |
[10:26] | This was the first thing I was ever into — | 这是我第一个爱好 |
[10:28] | Figuring out How stuff works. | 研究事物运转方法 |
[10:32] | It’s all I ever wanted to do. | 我一辈子的梦想 |
[10:35] | You’ll work it out. I know it. | 你能应付的 我知道 |
[10:37] | That’s also Very regular Wallace. | 这是Wallace正常体的行事风格 |
[10:40] | Oh, by the way, who’s the guy You bought the test from? | 噢对了 你从谁那儿买到试卷的? |
[10:45] | So, this whole after-school- Special monologue here | 这次课后独白 |
[10:47] | Didn’t make much Of an impression on you. | 丝毫没有博取你同情 |
[10:51] | His name’s Max. He’s in clark hall. | 他叫Max 住在Clark宿舍楼 |
[10:55] | Why? | 为什么问这个? |
[11:06] | Hi, Max? I was hoping you could help me. | 嗨 Max?希望你能帮我 |
[11:09] | Well, i’m hoping I can, too. | 我也希望能帮你 |
[11:12] | Okay, so, you want a new paper On modern forensics | 好了 你要一份新的 现代司法鉴定学论文 |
[11:15] | But different enough so that He won’t guess who — No. | -但要有所不同 不能让人猜出来… -不对 |
[11:19] | This paper or one like it Is posted online. | 这份或类似的论文 被发到网上 |
[11:22] | I need to find it. | 我要找到原文 |
[11:24] | Correct me if i’m wrong, But you already have that paper. | 我没搞错吧 可是你已经有了啊 |
[11:29] | I told you, my paper got zapped By the plagiarism scanner. | 我跟你说过了 我的论文 被抄袭扫描软件逮到了 |
[11:32] | I need to find out why And from what. | 我得查出是从哪里发布的 为什么要这么做 |
[11:35] | Okay, whatever. | 行 随便吧 |
[11:37] | Uh… | |
[11:39] | Hmm… | |
[11:41] | Ah, here you go. | 有了 |
[11:43] | That’s my paper. | 这就是我的论文 |
[11:45] | See, that’s why I never Use these free sites — | 看到了 这就是为什么 我从来不用免费网页 |
[11:46] | No security. | 一点也不安全 |
[11:48] | Checkers will catch you Every time. | 检查软件每次都能搜索到 |
[11:49] | Posted last year? Somebody must have faked that. | 去年发布的?肯定是造假的 |
[11:53] | I wrote this paper by myself Last week. | 我上周才写的 |
[11:56] | This must be a real Kafkaesque experience for you. | 太荒谬了 |
[12:00] | Does it say Who posted it? | 显示是谁发布的吗? |
[12:02] | Uh… | |
[12:05] | Rory.Finch@Hearstcollege.org. | |
[12:09] | That’s not you, is it? That might explain everything. | 不是你吧?这也许说明了一切 |
[12:14] | And pencils down. | 停笔 |
[12:18] | Bring them up. | 交卷 |
[12:22] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[12:24] | Have a good day. | 一天顺利 |
[12:29] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[12:31] | What about? | 怎么了? |
[12:32] | I called time, And you kept writing. | 时间到了 你还在写 |
[12:34] | I can’t accept your test. | 我不能收你的卷子 |
[12:35] | Yeah, I was just Finishing my — | 我刚完成… |
[12:36] | Time was called. I’m sorry. | 时间到了 抱歉 |
[12:38] | So you keep saying, dude. Come on. | 老是这样 伙计 行了 |
[12:40] | Mnh-mnh. | |
[12:42] | Do you have any idea Who I am? | 你知道我是谁吗 |
[12:43] | I don’t, And I don’t care. | 我不知道 也不想知道 |
[12:45] | Rules are rules for everyone, No matter who they think — | 法律面前人人平等 王子犯法… |
[12:56] | Mercer: that is classic. | 太绝了 |
[12:58] | It was a proctor. The professor wasn’t even there. | 只是一个监考的 教授不在场 |
[13:00] | That is so awesome. | 太绝了 |
[13:04] | But I do not condone it In any way | 但我绝不宽恕此类行径 |
[13:07] | And had nothing to do With your decision to do it. | 你的决定与我无关 |
[13:09] | Do what? Cheating. | -做什么? -作弊 |
[13:10] | I told him it was wrong And he was gonna burn in hell. | 我告诉他这样做不对 他将受尽地狱之火煎熬 |
[13:12] | You’re gonna burn In hell, man. | 你将受地火煎熬 |
[13:14] | I’ll see you there. | 地狱见 |
[13:16] | You cheated? | 你作弊? |
[13:17] | I took 10 extra seconds On a test. | 我晚10秒交卷 |
[13:19] | I thought You loved bad boys. | 我以为你喜欢坏小子 |
[13:21] | I do, but if that’s Your idea of bad, | 我是喜欢 不过要是你以为这就算坏 |
[13:23] | You need to turn in Your badge. | 那我得”请你交出警徽” |
[13:25] | Hey, do you want to go bowling Tomorrow night? | 明晚去打保龄球吗 |
[13:26] | Sure, unless it’s some “critical Analysis of bowling” seminar. | 好啊 只要不是什么 保龄球批判分析研讨会 |
[13:30] | No, it’s just Wallace And his roommate | 只有Wallace和他的室友 |
[13:32] | And some other guys. Could be fun. | 还有一些其他人 应该挺好玩的 |
[13:36] | What? | 怎么? |
[13:39] | Just Max had this project All week, | Max这周一直在忙一个项目 |
[13:42] | And Parker’s all alone. | Parker总是落单 |
[13:44] | I think we should Invite her along. | 我们应该请她一起 |
[13:45] | How very “emma” of you. | 口气真像”艾玛” (简.奥斯汀笔下女子 喜欢撮合他人) |
[13:47] | Did you just make A jane austen reference? | 你引用的是简・奥斯丁吗? |
[13:50] | It’s official. The end of days are upon us. | 官方宣布 末日逼近了 |
[13:56] | Hey, Parker, what’s up? | 嗨 怎么了? |
[13:58] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[13:59] | I think I just ate Something’s beak. | 可能吃坏肚子了 |
[14:01] | Hey, do you want to come bowling With us tomorrow night? | 明晚想和我们一起去打保龄球吗 |
[14:03] | Bowling? | 保龄球? |
[14:05] | Why? | 为什么? |
[14:06] | You know, hatchet burying, Et cetera. | 欢迎你回归集体 诸如此类 |
[14:08] | Plus, nixon found it Soothing. | 而且 尼克松说保龄球有利于放松 |
[14:10] | Look, if you don’t Want to go | 听着 你宁可看我受罪 |
[14:11] | Because you’d rather see me Fed to bears, fine. | 也不愿去吗 |
[14:17] | So, would you call that An accurate depiction | 你觉得这部电影 |
[14:20] | Of life as a private eye? | 对侦探生活的描述准确吗 |
[14:22] | Pretty close. | 很接近了 |
[14:23] | I personally Have never been hired | 我个人从来没被 |
[14:25] | To locate a maltese falcon, Per se, | 雇去寻找马尔他雄鹰 |
[14:27] | But there was the case Of the maltese dog. | 不过倒是接过寻找 马尔他雄狗的工作 |
[14:30] | Ooh. Solid-gold dog? | 哦 纯金打造的狗? |
[14:31] | Real dog. | 真狗 |
[14:33] | This guy got some lowlife | 有个家伙找了几个流氓 |
[14:34] | To kidnap His ex-wife’s show dog. | 绑架前妻的比赛犬 |
[14:36] | [ laughs ] | |
[14:38] | Not exactly how I imagined The criminal underworld. | 和我想象的黑社会不太一样 |
[14:42] | If they were all Like peter lorre, | 如果所有的委托人都和Peter Lorre一样 (电影<马耳他雄鹰>主角) |
[14:43] | My job would be A little more interesting. | 我的工作会有趣一些 |
[14:46] | Thanks, Keith, for coming. | Keith 谢谢你能陪我 |
[14:48] | These days my husband and I Are just logistics. | 这些天我和丈夫就像是陌路人 |
[14:52] | I can’t remember the last time I just hung out and talked. | 我都记不清上次闲逛聊天的情景了 |
[14:54] | Sure, it’s great Talking to someone | 和知道”鲍嘉”不是动词的人聊天 (亨弗莱・鲍嘉 40年代美国著名演员) |
[14:57] | For whom bogart Isn’t a verb. | 感觉真是太好了 |
[15:02] | Well, good night. | 晚安 |
[15:05] | [ chuckles ] | |
[15:11] | the upside of landing Weevil the maintenance job — | 给Weevil安排维修工作的好处是 |
[15:13] | I get to babysit his keys | 他去参加表兄的婚礼时 |
[15:15] | while he’s away at his cousin’s wedding. | 我负责照顾他的钥匙 |
[15:17] | so if I want to check the Hearst e-mail files | 所以要是我想Hearst学院Email档案 |
[15:19] | for rory Finch, | 寻找Rory Finch |
[15:20] | I can do it on my own time. | 我可以自己安排时间 |
[15:22] | of course, he didn’t bother to label them, so… | 当然 他懒得标记钥匙 |
[15:44] | O¡¯Dell: Veronica? | |
[15:47] | Dean O¡¯Dell, I’m so glad you’re here. | O’Dell校长 你在真是太好了 |
[15:55] | I lost an earring, um, At the meeting, | 我开会时 耳环掉了 |
[15:58] | And I wanted to find it Before they vacuumed. | 我趁打扫之前找找 |
[16:00] | But it was — | 但它… |
[16:03] | Well, it’s a good thing You happened to show up. | 你出现真是及时雨 |
[16:06] | Well, go ahead. Search away. | 去吧 四处找找 |
[16:15] | Man: mccall is starting to go straight back — | McCall直拳还击 |
[16:17] | You follow boxing? | 你看拳击吗 |
[16:19] | now you see the circle is broken. | |
[16:22] | I only follow sports That are done to music. | 我只喜欢配音乐的运动 |
[16:25] | …back is hitting the ropes. | 已经紧靠围绳了 |
[16:26] | Wouldn’t this be more Comfortable, say, at home? | 在家看会不会更舒服? |
[16:31] | Kind of my little secret. | 这是我的小秘密 |
[16:33] | The wife’s against it all — | 我太太反对一切 |
[16:34] | The scotch, the cigars, The televised violence. | 苏格兰威士忌 雪茄 电视暴力 |
[16:38] | So, I kind of sneak it in | 我只能趁她出席慈善活动 |
[16:39] | Whenever she has A charity function, | 工作活动 |
[16:41] | A work function, Whatever other functions | 随便什么现代女性的活动 |
[16:42] | Modern women seem to have All the time. | 偷偷摸摸进来看 |
[16:44] | Ooh! That’s a haymaker. | 哦 好一个重击 |
[16:49] | So, if you run into her, You didn’t see me. | 要是你碰到她 说你没看见我 |
[16:52] | Some things she just Doesn’t need to know. | 有些事她没必要知道 |
[16:55] | Absolutely. | 一点不错 |
[16:57] | …is starting to be able to pick his shots. | …开始还击了 |
[17:00] | Now, I expect these formulas To be memorized | 现在 我要你们背出这些公式 |
[17:03] | As soon as possible. | 越快越好 |
[17:07] | Mr. Fennel, I was under the impression | Fennel先生 我印象中 |
[17:09] | You dropped the class. | 你退选本课了 |
[17:11] | I said i’d think about it. | 我说我会考虑的 |
[17:12] | You sure This is a smart choice? | 你确定这是个聪明的选择? |
[17:14] | Probably not, but you’ve seen My standardized test scores. | 可能不是 不过你看过 我的标准测试分数了 |
[17:17] | I’m not a particularly Smart guy, right? | 我本身就不是个聪明人 不是吗 |
[17:19] | I’m taking a zero. There are four more tests. | 我接受零分 还有四次测验 |
[17:22] | If I average c’s or above On all of them, I¡¯ll pass. | 如果我四次平均成绩达到C或以上 就能修完这门课 |
[17:24] | Even I can do that math. | 连我都会算 |
[17:26] | Okay, there you go. | 好吧 给你 |
[17:36] | You’re gonna ruin your eyes With all that book learning. | 你一直这么看书 会看坏眼睛的 |
[17:38] | I stayed in winkler’s class. I took the zero. | 我留在Winkler班上了 接受零分 |
[17:43] | I need to study. | 我得学习 |
[17:45] | I suspected That might happen. | 我就知道会这样 |
[17:48] | So, you figure out | 那你查出 |
[17:49] | What was up With that plagiarism thing? | 剽窃案的真相了吗 |
[17:52] | As a matter of fact, A paper just like mine | 实际上 一篇与我很相似的论文 |
[17:54] | Was posted online by RoryFinch@Hearstcollege.org — | 被一个Hearst学院的E-mail |
[17:58] | A Hearst e-mail, | roryfinch@hearstcollege.org 发到网上 |
[17:59] | But there’s never been A student by that name. | 但是学校里根本没有 学生叫这个名字 |
[18:02] | The address was set up Three days ago | 这个地址是三天前注册的 |
[18:04] | From an i.p. Address at — Get this — the neptune grand. | IP地址…听好了 就在Neptune大酒店 |
[18:07] | After you turned in Your paper. | 这是在你交了论文以后 |
[18:10] | So, you’re off the hook. It’s over. | 你清白了 调查结束 |
[18:13] | Ah, my innocent And naive Wallace. | 哦 我天真无知的小Wallace |
[18:16] | When I find out who did this | 等我查出是谁干的 |
[18:17] | And I make them sing Like the proverbial fat lady, | 让他当众出丑 |
[18:19] | That’s when it’s over. | 这才算结案 |
[18:22] | Okay, you’re rocky. | 好了 你是洛基 (系列电影<洛基>主人公) |
[18:25] | Mechanical engineering Is mr. T. | 机械工程是T先生 (<洛基>配角之一) |
[18:27] | “eye of the tiger” Is playing. | 主题曲 |
[18:28] | I’ll see you later on. | 回见 |
[18:30] | Yeah. | 好啊 |
[18:32] | What? | 什么? |
[18:33] | When? | 什么时候? |
[18:37] | Boom. I’m set. | 嘣 我准备好了 |
[18:39] | Are you ready For a night of bowling, huh? | 你准备好参加保龄球之夜了吗 |
[18:42] | Fun, fun, fun. | 乐乐乐 |
[18:43] | Fun? I’m pretty sure I won’t Ever be having fun again. | 乐?我肯定再也得不到欢乐了 |
[18:47] | Ah, damn, that’s tonight. | 该死 是今晚 |
[18:49] | I’m sorry, man, But it’s impossible. | 抱歉 伙计 我去不了 |
[18:51] | No, dude, you have to go. I invited Veronica. | 不行 兄弟 你一定要去 我请了Veronica |
[18:54] | I said there’s a whole gang Going, including you. | 我说所有人都回去 包括你 |
[18:56] | So, if you’re not there — | 如果你不去的话 就会变成你单独约她 |
[18:57] | It’s gonna look like You asked her out. | 如果你不去的话 就会变成你单独约她 |
[19:00] | Yeah, that sounds awkward. | 有点尴尬 |
[19:02] | But it’s not my problem. This is. | 那不管我的事 这是我的事 |
[19:07] | Hey, dad. | 嗨 老爸 |
[19:08] | Hey, honey. | 嗨 宝贝 |
[19:10] | So, tomorrow’s “out of the past.” | 明天放映的是<漩涡之外> |
[19:14] | It’s one Of my all-time favorites. | 是我永远的最爱 |
[19:16] | I’ve got a conference At the neptune grand. | 我在Neptune酒店有个会要开 |
[19:18] | I don’t think I’m gonna be free, | 可能没空 |
[19:19] | But i’d like to do Something else. | 不过可以做点别的 |
[19:21] | Okay, well, keep me posted. | 好吧 及时通知我 |
[19:23] | Bye. | 再见 |
[19:25] | So, for bowling, “earnest, i’m really bowling” | 去打保龄球 “我真心真意来打球” |
[19:29] | Or “i’m too cool for bowling, And i’m only here ironically”? | 还是”保龄球不够酷 我不打” |
[19:33] | When did crappy old shirts | 什么时候起 |
[19:34] | With stupid stuff on them Become cool? | 有白痴花纹的T恤变成酷装了? |
[19:38] | I don’t know Why I ask you these things. | 真不明白问你干什么 |
[19:39] | I don’t either, frankly. | 老师说 我也不知道 |
[19:41] | Were you just making a date? | 你要约会吗 |
[19:43] | Look at you, Mr. Noir secrets. | 看看你 黑色秘密先生 |
[19:45] | No, I was just seeing If Harmony wanted to see — Harmony? | -我只是问问Harmony想不想… |
[19:48] | Harmony with the husband Who isn’t cheating, Harmony? | Harmony 那个丈夫 没有出轨的Harmony? |
[19:51] | Yeah, so? | 是啊 怎么? |
[19:52] | So, you’re going on a date With a married woman. | 你要和已婚女子约会 |
[19:55] | It’s not a date. | 不是约会 |
[19:57] | We saw a movie, Had a drink, and talked. | 我们看了场电影 喝喝酒 聊聊天 |
[20:00] | Which is a date. | 这就是约会 |
[20:02] | That’s all we did. | 除了这些 我们什么也没做过 |
[20:03] | We’re mature adults Who happen to be friends. | 我们都是成熟的成年人 碰巧是朋友而已 |
[20:09] | And I like the dumb shirt. | 我喜欢那件傻的 |
[20:12] | Hi, honey, i’m home. | 嗨 亲爱的 我回来了 |
[20:15] | Hey, moosetastic, hmm? What’s that? | 嗨 太拉风了 什么衣服? |
[20:18] | I’m so tired Of explaining. | 我懒得解释了 |
[20:19] | Hey, you’ve lived here A while. | 你住这儿一段时间了 |
[20:21] | Do you have Any inside connections? | 有没有什么内部关系? |
[20:24] | Inside connections Like what? | 内部关系?比如? |
[20:26] | Like someone on staff You’re pals with | 比如某个工作人员是你朋友 |
[20:28] | Who might sneak you info They maybe aren’t supposed to? | 可以偷偷告诉你保密信息? |
[20:32] | Hmm. | |
[20:37] | There you go. | 给您 |
[20:40] | Your pal? Of course. | 你朋友?当然 |
[20:44] | Hi, tina. This is Veronica. | 嗨 Tina 这是Veronica |
[20:46] | Veronica… | |
[20:47] | Hi. What’s going on, Logan? | 嗨 怎么了 Logan? |
[20:49] | I got a little favor. | 我想请你帮个忙 |
[20:50] | Anything. | 乐意之极 |
[20:52] | I’m trying to find out | 我想查查 |
[20:53] | If a person was Registered here — | 有没有人在此 |
[20:56] | Someone named — Rory Finch. | 以Rory Finch的名字登记过? |
[20:59] | This isn’t illegal, Is it? | 这没犯法吧? |
[21:01] | No, i’m just kidding. Hold on. | 玩笑而已 稍等 |
[21:03] | [ chuckles ] | |
[21:05] | Yeah, rory Finch. | 有了 Rory Finch |
[21:06] | She stayed with us for a night A week ago | 一周前来这儿住过一晚 |
[21:08] | And a few other times Over the last couple of months. | 上两个月也来过几次 |
[21:11] | Always one-night stays. | 每次都只住一晚 |
[21:12] | Is there an address, Credit-card number? | 有没有地址 信用卡号码? |
[21:15] | Post-office box And paid in cash. | 只留了邮政信箱 现金付款 |
[21:16] | All I¡¯ve got’s a name. | 我只知道名字 |
[21:19] | If I left my cell number, | 我留个手机号 |
[21:20] | Could you call me If they check back in? | 他们入住时 给我打电话行吗? |
[21:22] | Sure. | 当然 |
[21:23] | Any friend of Logan’s… | Logan的朋友嘛 |
[21:25] | girlfriend of Logan’s. | Logan的女朋友 |
[21:27] | Come on, boyfriend, Let’s bowl. | 走吧 男朋友 去打保龄球了 |
[21:33] | Hey, Veronica. | 嗨 Veronica |
[21:36] | Cool shirt. I went the post-ironic route. | T恤真拉风 我反穿了 |
[21:39] | Hey, Piz. Where’s… | 嗨 Piz 其他人… |
[21:41] | Oh, hey, uh… | 哦 嗨 |
[21:43] | Logan — her boyfriend. We met. | Logan 她男朋友 我们见过了 |
[21:45] | So, where’s Wallace And the rest of this gang? | 那Wallace和其他人在哪里? |
[21:50] | Right, yeah, the gang. | 对 其他人 |
[21:51] | Well, Wallace had a crisis So he can’t make it, and, um… | Wallace有急事 来不了 |
[21:56] | So, it’s just — | 所以只有… |
[21:59] | Veronica. | |
[22:02] | Hey, Parker, How’s it going? | Hey -嗨 Parker 你好吗 -嗨 |
[22:05] | You met Logan, right? | 你见过Logan了 对吗? |
[22:06] | Yeah, hi, sure. | 嗨 当然 |
[22:07] | And you remember Piz. Yeah, hi. | -还记得Piz吗 -记得 嗨 |
[22:10] | So, um, Where is everyone? | 其他人在哪里? |
[22:15] | [ chuckles ] | |
[22:16] | Hey, shoes. We need shoes. | 嘿 鞋子 我们得换鞋 |
[22:18] | Yeah, let’s get shoes. | 是啊 去拿鞋子 |
[22:19] | Darling, what size are those Dainty feet that i love so much? | 亲爱的 我迷恋的娇小美足穿几号? |
[22:22] | Six. | 六号 |
[22:23] | So, bowling, huh? | 保龄球 是吗 |
[22:24] | Is this something you do A lot — you and the gang? | 你是不是常来 和其他人? |
[22:29] | So, shoe size? | 几号鞋? |
[22:31] | A whole gang? | 其他人? |
[22:32] | Well, Parker… | |
[22:33] | Some people couldn’t make it, But it’s — | 有些人有事来不了 不过这… |
[22:35] | I can’t believe You invite me out | 真不敢相信 我被强暴后 |
[22:37] | For the first time Since i was raped | 你第一次约我出来 |
[22:39] | On some cheesy double-date setup With that Piz guy. | 就预谋和叫Piz的家伙玩四人约会 |
[22:44] | It’s not a setup, i swear. | 这不是预谋 我发誓 |
[22:50] | Size seven, But this is not fun. | 7号鞋 这一点也不好玩 |
[22:55] | Yahoo! That’s 2/3 of a turkey, bitches! | 还差一次就三次全倒了 |
[23:02] | Hoo! | |
[23:03] | Oh, you’re In a deep hole, Piznarski. | 你差距大了 Piznarski |
[23:06] | We’re gonna totally Humiliate you. | 要颜面尽失了 |
[23:08] | But you know, no pressure. | 不过 别紧张啊 |
[23:09] | Refreshments? | 要饮料吗 |
[23:11] | 10 martinis. | 10杯马提尼酒 |
[23:12] | Anyone else? Dearest darling? | 其他人呢 小亲亲 |
[23:17] | Come on, Piznarski, We’re dying! | 快点 Piznarski 我们等不及啦 |
[23:21] | Correct me if i’m wrong, But this is fun. | 我没搞错的话 这很好玩啊 |
[23:25] | Veronica, i’m sorry I was so grumpy before. | Veronica 抱歉 我刚才脾气太大了 |
[23:28] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[23:29] | It feels good to just Be out in the world. | 能回到人群中感觉真好 |
[23:33] | Oh, no! 7-10? | 噢不 7号瓶10号瓶没倒? |
[23:36] | That’s the worst spare In bowling! | 最臭的保龄球补中情况 |
[23:39] | Whatever shall you do? | 你该怎么办? |
[23:41] | Come on, Piz. We need that spare. | 来吧 Piz 一定要补中 |
[23:43] | Don’t blow it, Piz. | 别搞砸了 Piz |
[23:47] | So, what’s the story With him? | 他怎么样? |
[23:50] | Him? Nothing. | 他 什么也不是 |
[23:52] | I’ve got a boyfriend. | 我有男朋友了 |
[23:53] | No. No, no, no, no. | 不不不 |
[23:56] | I mean, is he free? | 我是说 他还是自由身吗 |
[23:58] | Free as in… | 自由身? |
[24:00] | As in he’s cute, Don’t you think? | 他很可爱 你不觉得吗 |
[24:07] | That went straight to hell. | 直奔地狱 |
[24:09] | Find out What he thinks of me. | 问问他觉得我怎么样 |
[24:10] | What? | 什么? |
[24:17] | Oh, no more fun. Too exhausting. | 不玩了 太累了 |
[24:20] | Next time we’ll get in some Weight training before we bowl. | 下次玩保龄球之前 要先练举重 |
[24:23] | Just the soap opera. | 真像一出肥皂剧 |
[24:25] | Parker wants me to find out If Piz likes her. | Parker要我问问Piz喜欢她吗 |
[24:27] | What do i do? Pass a note? | 我该怎么办?传纸条? |
[24:29] | Scribble it On his trapper keeper? | 在他的文具包上涂鸦? |
[24:31] | Hey, did you get an “a”? | 你得A了? |
[24:33] | Yeah, but the cheating kind Of cheapens the whole thing. | 是啊 不过作弊似乎使A贬值了 |
[24:36] | You’re only Cheating yourself. | 你只是在欺骗自己 |
[24:38] | Yeah, well, i got off easy. | 我逃过一劫 |
[24:39] | You know that kid horshack From that prison experiment? | 还记得监狱试验 碰到的那个Horshack吗? |
[24:44] | He got caught doing two tests. They busted him. | 他被发现做两张卷子 被逮到了 |
[24:47] | And guess who else. | 你猜还有一张是谁的? |
[24:48] | That psycho guard that was Tormenting him so bad, rafe, | 那个虐待他的变态守卫Rafe |
[24:52] | Yeah, he was Taking his test for him. | 他是Rafe的枪手 |
[24:57] | Can you believe that? People are crazy, huh? | 你相信吗 大家都疯了 |
[25:01] | [ knock on door ] | |
[25:02] | Thank god. Real food. | 谢天谢地 总算有东西吃了 |
[25:08] | Jeff: Good evening, mr. Echolls. | 晚上好 Echolls先生 这声音 我认得这声音 |
[25:08] | Veronica: that voice — i recognize that voice. Yeah, hi. | 晚上好 Echolls先生 这声音 我认得这声音 |
[25:12] | Wait. | 等等 |
[25:13] | Have a good evening. | 祝您今晚尽兴 |
[25:15] | Excuse me. | 打扰了 |
[25:18] | Jeff Ratner — What a surprise. | Jeff Ratner 真惊讶啊 |
[25:25] | You guys know each other? | 你们认识? |
[25:28] | You want To tell him, Ratner? | 你想告诉他吗 Ratner? |
[25:30] | What’s to tell? | 告诉他什么? |
[25:31] | This is the guy Who’s trying to get me | 就是这家伙 |
[25:32] | Tossed Out of landry’s class. | 企图把我轰出Landry的课堂 |
[25:34] | You should be. You cheated. | 活该 你作弊了 |
[25:36] | Now it turns out you work At the neptune grand, | 原来你在Neptune酒店工作 |
[25:38] | Which happens to be where The fake paper was posted from. | 假冒论文”碰巧” 就是在这儿网上提交的 |
[25:42] | Strange, huh, rory Finch? | 奇怪吧 Rory Finch? |
[25:45] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么? |
[25:46] | I don’t “happen to work here.” I’ve worked here two years. | 我不是”碰巧”在这儿工作的 我在这儿干了两年了 |
[25:48] | You’ve seen me A hundred times, | 你见过我几百次 |
[25:49] | But you don’t notice The little people | 不过你怎么会在意小人物呢 |
[25:51] | ‘Cause you’re too busy lounging With captain moneybags here. | 你忙着奉承”钱袋上校”呢 |
[25:54] | That’s admiral moneybags. | 是”钱袋上将” |
[25:56] | Trust our steak’s To your liking? Always. | -我们的牛排合您口味吗 -一如既往 |
[25:58] | Good night, then. | 晚安 |
[26:00] | That’s my girl, | 我的宝贝女友 |
[26:01] | Spreading sunshine Wherever she goes. | 到处散播阳光 |
[26:03] | That boy doesn’t know it yet, But he’s the living dead. | 那孩子还不知道 他已经是个活死人了 |
[26:07] | [ alarm beeping ] | |
[26:13] | Dude! | 伙计 |
[26:15] | Dude! | 伙计 |
[26:17] | Hey, look, man, It’s school policy | 听着 兄弟 学校有规定 |
[26:20] | That if you’re dead, I get to keep your stuff, | 如果你死了 东西都归我 |
[26:21] | So if you are dead, Just don’t say anything. | 所以如果你死了 就别说话 |
[26:29] | Well, that’s disappointing. | 哦 太令人失望了 |
[26:31] | Oh, crap. | 哦 糟糕 |
[26:33] | Hey, i could have just Left you there | 我本可以放着你不管 |
[26:34] | And taken your ipod, so… | 顺手拿走你的iPod 所以… |
[26:37] | You’re welcome. | 不用谢 |
[26:40] | [ beeping continues ] | |
[26:45] | Man: big shot! | 返超 |
[26:47] | On the left! | 左边 |
[26:51] | Coach. | 教练 |
[26:53] | I’m sorry. I missed my alarm. | 抱歉 我睡过头了 |
[26:55] | Come here. | 过来 |
[26:56] | If it ain’t Sleeping beauty. | 睡美人呀 |
[26:57] | Play the game, Mason. | 打你的球 Mason |
[27:00] | You have a chance to start This year as a freshman. | 你还是新生 |
[27:03] | Don’t blow it by staying Up all night partying. | 别把时间浪费在通宵派对上 |
[27:05] | You need to buckle down, Fennel. | 好好干 Fennel |
[27:07] | Now, go suit up. | 去换衣服吧 |
[27:08] | ?? | 是 |
[27:10] | Man: take a big shot! | 投球 |
[27:13] | eight years ago, i was sent | 八年前 我问Brad Stark |
[27:14] | to ask brad stark if he liked suzy doyle. | 他喜欢Suzy Doyle吗 |
[27:17] | the two of them never spoke again. | 结果两人从此再没说过话 |
[27:19] | in the intervening years, | 他们冷战的那几年里 |
[27:20] | I haven’t gotten any better at this. | 我也没好日子过 |
[27:22] | We’ll talk later, all right? Bye. | 等会儿聊好吗 再见 |
[27:24] | Hey, Veronica. | 嗨 Veronica |
[27:25] | Hey, Piz, thanks for bowling The other night. | 嗨 Piz 谢谢那天请我们去打球 |
[27:27] | That was fun. | 玩得很高兴 好极了 Logan玩得高兴吗 |
[27:28] | Good. Yeah, great. Did Logan have a good time? | 玩得很高兴 好极了 Logan玩得高兴吗 |
[27:31] | He did, as well. We both did. | 当然 我们都很开心 |
[27:34] | So, everyone Had a good time. | 所有人都玩得很开心 |
[27:37] | I declare bowling a success. | 我宣布保龄球之夜顺利闭幕 |
[27:39] | And Parker Had a good time, too. | Parker也很开心 |
[27:42] | Oh, yeah, good. She seems nice. | 哦是吗 太好了 她人不错 |
[27:44] | You think so? The reason I ask is because… | 你真的这么觉得?因为… |
[27:50] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 我突然创伤压力症状闪回了六年级 |
[27:50] | I’m having a traumatic-stress Flashback to the sixth grade. | 抱歉 我突然创伤压力症状闪回了六年级 |
[27:55] | Parker thought You were cool… | Parker觉得你很酷 |
[28:00] | …and also cute. | 很可爱 |
[28:02] | Oh. [ chuckles ] | 噢 |
[28:04] | Well… | 呃 |
[28:06] | Oh. | 噢 |
[28:07] | Oh, what? | 噢什么? |
[28:08] | No, she’s really nice, But she’s not really my type. | 她真的很好 但不是我喜欢的型 |
[28:12] | Oh, you have a type. | 哦 你有喜欢的型 |
[28:15] | Yeah, kind of. | 算是吧 |
[28:16] | And it’s not her. | 但不是她那型 |
[28:21] | Okay, so, remember, This was just a practice quiz, | 记住 这次只是小练习 |
[28:24] | But all this material will be On your next exam. | 不过这些内容都会出现在下次考试中 |
[28:27] | Mr. Fennel — 67 — “d” plus. That’s a real improvement. | Fennel先生 67 D+ 的确有进步 |
[28:38] | Hey, Veronica, Guess what I just found out. | 嗨 Veronica 猜猜我发现了什么 |
[28:40] | Piz has a radio show. | Piz主持一档广播节目 |
[28:41] | I know. Tonight. | -我知道 -就在今晚 |
[28:42] | The station’s Right in student union. | 广播台就在学生会楼 |
[28:45] | Let’s drop by. It’ll be late. | 我们路过看看 很好玩的 |
[28:47] | Oh, late schmate. It’ll be fun. | 越晚越好 很好玩的 |
[28:50] | Everybody’s always Saying that. | 人人都这么说 |
[28:53] | Join us next time when we ask, “why does everyone hate america? | 欢迎收听下期节目 主题是 为什么人人都恨美利坚 |
[28:57] | Is the rest of the world crazy Or just stupid?” | 世界疯了还是傻了? |
[29:00] | Well, that’s it for the Piz. Stick around for club flush. | 我是Piz 别走开 继续收听<扑克草花五同花> |
[29:04] | [ techno music plays ] | |
[29:09] | This is so cool! | 酷毙了 |
[29:11] | Why didn’t you say You had a radio show? | 为什么不早说你主持广播节目? |
[29:13] | You know, I meant to mention it, | 我本来想说的 |
[29:15] | But I guess It just slipped my mind. | 大概忘了 |
[29:18] | We were just In the neighborhood. | 我们刚好路过附近 |
[29:20] | I always wanted to know How it all works. | 我一直很好奇 广播站怎么工作的 |
[29:23] | Maybe you could show me What all this stuff is sometime. | 也许你有时间的话 能教我这些设备都怎么用 |
[29:26] | The guy who does The club and house show | 主持扑克节目的伙计 |
[29:28] | Is supposed to start now, so… | 差不多该来了 |
[29:30] | What’s everyone Doing after? | 大家接下来干吗 |
[29:32] | I could totally Use pizza. | 我不反对吃比萨 |
[29:34] | Mercer: you can have this. | 你可以吃这个 |
[29:38] | I only licked it a little. | 我只舔了一小口 |
[29:40] | Hey, Veronica. | 嗨 Veronica |
[29:40] | Hey, mercer. You’re the club and house show? | 嗨 Mercer 你主持扑克节目吗 |
[29:42] | The down-and-dirty Clubbin’-est. | 每晚广播最后的底牌 |
[29:45] | Hi, I¡¯m mercer. | 嗨 我是Mercer |
[29:47] | Hi. | 嗨 我也没吃晚餐 我能吃一块吗 |
[29:48] | Well, I haven’t eaten dinner, So I could grab a slice. | 嗨 我也没吃晚餐 我能吃一块吗 |
[29:52] | Actually, we got to go. | 其实我… 我们差不多该走了 |
[29:55] | We’ll see you later, Piz. | 回见 Piz |
[29:57] | Nice meeting you, Parker. | 见到你很高兴 Parker |
[29:59] | Parker, are you okay? | Parker 你没事吧 |
[30:01] | That guy mercer. I just — his cologne. | 那个Mercer 我只是…他的古龙水 |
[30:04] | I smelled it before. | 我以前在哪闻过 |
[30:06] | Yeah? | 怎么了? |
[30:07] | It’s, like, burned Into my brain… | 自从我被强暴后 |
[30:11] | From the night I was raped. | 这种感觉一直刻在我的脑海里 |
[30:15] | I mean, I can’t be sure, but… | 我不是很确定 |
[30:19] | I just got the worst — | 但是我有… |
[30:21] | Vibe? Yeah. | -感应? -是的 |
[30:24] | He’ll be in there For the next two hours. | 他会在这儿呆两个小时 |
[30:25] | I’ll look into it. | 我会调查了 |
[30:26] | because I¡¯ve still got 24 hours with Weevil’s keys. | 因为我还能保留24小时Weevil的钥匙 |
[31:11] | You want to know why? | 想知道为什么吗 |
[31:12] | ‘Cause I¡¯ll stick my foot So far up your — | 因为踢烂你的屁… |
[31:16] | Hey. | 喂 |
[31:18] | Could someone let me know When some girl is in my office? | 下次有女生在我办公室 通知我一声好吗 |
[31:23] | What are you doing here? | 你在这儿干什么? |
[31:24] | I’m here about the rapes At Hearst. | 调查Hearst校园强奸案 |
[31:26] | Already aware of them. | 我就知道 |
[31:27] | Thanks for coming by. I’m real busy. | 谢谢关心 但我很忙 |
[31:29] | This is sketchy, but — | 这只是初步看法 但是… |
[31:31] | If it’s bigfoot, we checked. He’s got an alibi. | 如果你是说大脚毛人 我们已经查过了 他有时间证人 |
[31:33] | Oh, rape humor. It never gets old. | 哦 强暴笑话 永远不会过时 |
[31:37] | I know one of the victims. | 我认识其中一名受害者 |
[31:39] | Yesterday she thought She recognized | 昨天她通过古龙水香 |
[31:40] | The guy who raped her By his cologne. | 认出强暴她的人了 |
[31:44] | And then I just happened To be in his room, | 后来 我碰巧在他房间里 |
[31:47] | And I saw some clippers. | 发现了一把剃须刀 |
[31:49] | Does this man have a name? | 他叫什么? |
[31:50] | Mercer Hayes. | |
[31:52] | The kid who ran the card room That got robbed. | 那个赌场被劫的小子? |
[31:54] | That’s him. | 正是他 |
[31:56] | What? | 怎么了? |
[31:58] | We finally found The stolenashbox, | 我们总算找到了被抢的钱箱 |
[32:00] | And along with all the money, | 钱都在 |
[32:01] | We found Something interesting — | 还有一些有趣的东西 |
[32:04] | Two vials of ghb — | 两瓶强力迷幻药 |
[32:07] | The same date-rape drug | 与强奸犯给受害者用的 |
[32:08] | The rapist used On two of his victims. | 是同一种约会强暴迷药 |
[32:14] | Hey, how’s my diaper dandy? | 嗨 超级新人 |
[32:16] | Here to get Some extra work in? | 课后练习吗 |
[32:19] | Actually, coach, I got This class that’s killing me. | 教练 有门课几乎要了我的命 |
[32:23] | I could drop it, Change majors, | 我可以退选 转专业 |
[32:25] | But it’s what I want to do For a living. | 但是我以后想靠这谋生 |
[32:29] | I think I need to take The semester off. | 所以我想这学期暂停篮球 |
[32:31] | I’d be back by mid-season. | 季中再回来 |
[32:33] | I know you don’t have to keep me On scholarship. | 不用再给我奖学金 |
[32:36] | Keep the scholarship, Wallace. | 留着奖学金 Wallace |
[32:39] | But you do realize | 但你要知道 |
[32:40] | You’re throwing away Your chance to start. | 你放弃了开始的机会 |
[32:43] | You probably won’t Smell the court this year. | 今年大概不能再上场了 |
[32:45] | Are you prepared for that? | 你准备好了吗 |
[32:49] | I assumed after I called Ratner | 我以为逮到Ratner |
[32:51] | on this Rory Finch thing it was over, | 假冒Rory Finch 这件事就算了结了 |
[32:53] | until my new friend Tina told me | 但是我的新朋友Tina告诉我 |
[32:55] | he just made a new reservation. | 他又预约了房间 |
[32:57] | You rang? | 你找我? |
[32:59] | There you are, miss. | 给你 小姐 |
[33:21] | What are you doing here? | 你在这儿干什么? |
[33:22] | Just grabbing a drink. Are you… | 喝一杯而已 你是不是… 两杯马提尼 先生 |
[33:33] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么? |
[33:34] | Honey, I told you, It’s completely innocent. | 宝贝 我跟你说过了 我们是清白的 |
[33:35] | We’re just friends. | 只是朋友关系 |
[33:37] | You mean like “you think The other person’s great | 你说的是”你觉得对方棒极了 |
[33:39] | And you have a great time Doing stuff together” friends? | 你们在一起很开心” 这种朋友? |
[33:42] | There’s nothing wrong With that. | 这没什么不对 |
[33:44] | Unless your friend | 除非你的朋友 |
[33:46] | Is a very attractive, Unhappily married woman. | 是一位美丽迷人 婚姻不幸的女性 |
[33:50] | Veronica, I know a little more About this than you. | Veronica 这方面我比你懂得多 |
[33:53] | Don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[33:56] | I worry. | 我很担心 |
[34:00] | okay, number 906, behind which lies the answer to everything. | 好了 906房间 门后藏着所有答案 |
[34:10] | Veronica Mars? | |
[34:11] | Mrs. O¡¯Dell? | O’Dell太太? |
[34:13] | I was looking Into a term-paper thing. | 我在调查一件学期报告案子 |
[34:17] | I’m sorry. Wrong room. | 抱歉 找错房间了 |
[34:25] | so, now I¡¯m actually confused. | 我真的糊涂了 |
[34:27] | what does the dean’s wife | 校长夫人 |
[34:28] | have to do with the mysterious Rory Finch? | 与神秘的Rory Finch有什么关联? |
[34:32] | Oh. | 哦 |
[34:35] | Veronica. | |
[34:37] | Professor, hi. | 教授 嗨 |
[34:40] | I got off On the wrong floor. | 我下错电梯了 |
[34:42] | Ah. | |
[34:44] | Well, nice seeing you. | 见到你很高兴 |
[34:45] | See you in class. | 学校见 |
[34:46] | so, I had it wrong. | |
[34:48] | this was never about me cheating at all. | |
[34:51] | Rory Finch? | |
[34:56] | Perfect. | 完美 |
[34:57] | Oh. | Oh. -噢 -噢 |
[34:59] | [ chuckles ] | |
[35:00] | You know what they say About martinis. | 你知道人们怎么说马提尼吗 |
[35:02] | Something Involving breasts? | 与胸部有关? |
[35:06] | One’s too few, et cetera. | 酒量太小 诸如此类 |
[35:08] | I’ll have to settle for one If I¡¯m gonna make it home. | 想安全到家的话 只能喝一杯 |
[35:11] | We don’t have to worry, I mean, if we don’t want to. | 不必担心 我是说 如果我们不想回家 |
[35:16] | What do you mean? | 什么意思? |
[35:18] | I mean… | 我的意思是 |
[35:23] | Well, honestly, I need to tell you something. | 老实说 我有话要跟你说 |
[35:30] | I wouldn’t, But all alone at the house, | 我总是独自在家 |
[35:33] | I’ve got a lot of time On my nds to think. | 有大把的时间想问题 |
[35:35] | And one of the things That I think | 有一个问题我想了很久 |
[35:37] | Is knowing that I don’t want to be | 我明白自己不想 |
[35:39] | Lying on my deathbed someday Just counting regrets. | 临终之时悉数后悔之事 |
[35:45] | I’m still not sure What you mean. | 我还是听不懂你的意思 |
[35:48] | I mean, I got a room here if — | 我是说 我开了间房 如果… |
[35:56] | If we think We might have use for — | 如果有需要的话 |
[36:02] | Oh, no. | 噢不 |
[36:04] | Harmony, I don’t know if that’s Such a good idea right now. | Harmony 我不确定这是个好主意 |
[36:08] | Oh, no, Keith, I¡¯m sorry. I’ve ruined — | 不 Keith 抱歉 我破坏了… |
[36:10] | No, you didn’t ruin anything | 不 你没有破坏任何事 |
[36:13] | Because I really, really, Really want to say yes. | 因为我真的真的真的很想说”好的” |
[36:18] | You are an amazing woman, And I just can’t. | 你很出色 但我不能这么做 |
[36:24] | I don’t want to be On my deathbed | 我也不想临终时 |
[36:26] | Counting regrets either, | 后悔不已 |
[36:28] | But I just can’t figure out Which I¡¯d regret more — | 但我不知道哪个选择更令我后悔 |
[36:30] | Going up or not going up. | 上去还是不上去 |
[36:33] | So, I have to… | 我只能… |
[36:38] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[36:40] | Mm-hmm. | |
[37:01] | Oh, man. I totally didn’t see that sign. | 哦 兄弟 我没看见信号灯 |
[37:07] | Are you okay? | 你还好吧 |
[37:08] | Are you okay? | 你还好吧 |
[37:09] | Yeah, yeah, I¡¯m okay. I’m okay. | 我没事 我没事 |
[37:12] | Man, I¡¯ll get — I’ll get some help. | 兄弟 我 我去找人帮忙 |
[37:15] | * I¡¯m not in love, no, no | |
[37:25] | [ breathing heavily ] | |
[37:35] | [ knock on door ] | |
[37:44] | * I¡¯d like to see you | |
[37:48] | * but then again | |
[37:53] | Dad? This nutritious breakfast Isn’t gonna eat itself! | 老爸 营养丰富的早餐正等人品尝 |
[37:57] | Come on. Up and at ’em. | 快来 吃光它 |
[38:02] | Dad! | 老爸 |
[38:05] | Dad, come on. | 老爸 快点 |
[38:20] | Miss Mars! Do you need something? | Mars小姐 需要什么吗 |
[38:23] | Just to give you this. | 给你这个 |
[38:26] | This proves That whoever posted | 这证明无论谁在网上 |
[38:28] | The paper I supposedly copied Online | 发布了所谓我抄袭的论文 |
[38:30] | Did so after I had already turned mine in. | 都是在我交稿后干的 |
[38:32] | I didn’t cheat, this proves it, And that’s the end of that. | 我没剽窃 这能证明一切 到此为止 |
[38:35] | Great. So, you’re off the hook. | 很好 那你洗脱嫌疑了 |
[38:38] | Did you prove who did it? | 你证明是谁干的了吗 |
[38:40] | More process Of elimination. | 还在排除阶段 |
[38:43] | But I¡¯m still not sure why, So I thought I¡¯d ask. | 但我不确定他为什么这么做 所以我得问问 |
[38:47] | Why did you do it? | 你为什么这么做? |
[38:50] | Why did you want me to follow That trail to Rory Finch? | 你为什么引诱我追查Rory Finch? |
[38:53] | You could get in a lot Of trouble, you know, | 你会惹上很多麻烦的 |
[38:55] | If I decided to — | 万一我决定… |
[38:56] | Let me interrupt | 让我插句话 |
[38:57] | And preface this entire Conversation with this. | 先声明 |
[39:02] | I didn’t do it, And you can’t prove that I did. | 我没做过 你也不能证明我做过 |
[39:06] | Hypothetically, I can see | 都是假设 我明白 |
[39:08] | Where one might think Someone in my position | 有人认为处在我处境的人 |
[39:11] | Would want to set up This sort of treasure hunt. | 会涉及这种寻宝之旅 |
[39:14] | After all, I was Professor Landry¡¯s protéG | 毕竟 三年来我一直 是Landry的得意门生 |
[39:16] | For three years Before you showed up — | 直到你出现 |
[39:18] | His star pupil, Right-hand man. | 成为他的明星学生 得力助手 |
[39:20] | I got his dry cleaning, | 我替他到干洗店拿衣服 |
[39:21] | Ordered Chinese When we worked late. | 工作晚了 帮他叫中餐外卖 |
[39:24] | I was like you. | 我曾经和你一样 |
[39:26] | “what a professor! | “多好的教授 |
[39:28] | He’s smart, charming, Such a great guy.” | 聪明 迷人 完美男人” |
[39:31] | And then you find out | 后来你发现 |
[39:32] | He had an affair With the dean’s wife. | 他和校长夫人有染 |
[39:34] | There were others before. | 以前还有其他女人 |
[39:35] | The dean’s wife — That’s recent. | 校长夫人是最近才好上的 |
[39:40] | A person in my position Might have thought He was doing you a favor. | 同我处境的人会认为他是在帮你 |
[39:44] | Since the professor thinks So highly of you, | 既然教授如此器重你 |
[39:47] | It might be helpful To demonstrate who he really is | 有必要让你看清他的真面目 |
[39:51] | Before you go too far Under his spell. | 防止被他的魔法迷惑太深 |
[39:55] | Do me a favor, will you? Don’t do me any more favors. | 帮个忙好吗?别再帮倒忙了 |
[40:02] | What’s this? | 这是什么? |
[40:03] | You have the same kind Of crazy press-clipping board | 你也有个相同的剪报版 |
[40:06] | Every movie Serial killer keeps. | 电影里的连环杀手都有这个 |
[40:09] | You know, there’s been No dna evidence so far — | 目前为止 没有发现任何DNA证据 |
[40:12] | No semen, no hair. | 没有精液 没有毛发 |
[40:13] | Makes you wonder. | 让人好奇 |
[40:16] | Huh. | 哈 |
[40:17] | You see something I don’t? | 我遗漏什么了? |
[40:20] | Maybe. | 也许 |
[40:23] | You really thought Ratner did it? | 你真的以为是Ratner干的? |
[40:27] | Oh, crap. | 啊 糟糕 |
[40:30] | No, no. I did not put those in there. | 不不 这些不是我的 |
[40:35] | Hooke’s law And a prismatic rod. | 胡克定律 一根棱柱形棒 |
[40:38] | Length “l” And cross-sectional area “a” | 长度为L 横截面积为A |
[40:41] | We treat as a linear spring, | 可视为线性弹簧 |
[40:42] | So extension is linearly Proportional to tensile stress | 其伸长量 |
[40:46] | By a constant factor — | 通过一个常系数 即弹性模量 |
[40:47] | The inverse of its modulus Of elasticity. | 与拉应力成正比 |
[40:55] | Ah, miss Mars, Join me, would you? | Mars小姐 和我一起坐好吗? |
[40:59] | Uh, sure, dean. | 当然 校长 |
[41:05] | Just don’t want More kids coming | 我不想让小子过来打扰 |
[41:06] | And giving me their ideas About how to run the school — | 告诉我该如何管理学校 |
[41:09] | My biggest problem as dean. | 作为校长最头痛的问题 |
[41:11] | I don’t like college students — Most of them, anyway. | 我不喜欢大学生 至少大多数不喜欢 |
[41:16] | So, why do you eat here? | 那为什么还来这儿吃? |
[41:17] | This damn burger — I love it. | 该死的汉堡 爱死它了 |
[41:20] | If you see my wife, Don’t tell her. | 你见到我太太 千万别告诉她 |
[41:21] | There’s some things She’s better off not knowing. | 有些事她还是不知道得好 |
[41:25] | Dean… | 校长 |
[41:29] | Just some… | 这儿有一些… |
[41:31] | Hey, I need to talk to you. | 嗨 我得跟你谈谈 |
[41:33] | Sorry, I’ll be right back. | 抱歉 马上回来 |
[41:37] | So, what’s up? I need your help. | -怎么了? -我需要你帮忙 |
[41:39] | What’s wrong? It’s mercer. | -怎么了? -Mercer出事了 |
[41:40] | Lamb just arrested him For the rapes on campus. | Lamb以校园强暴罪逮捕他了 |
[41:43] | He didn’t do it, okay? You have to help. | 不是他干的 你得帮帮他 |
[41:46] | How do you know He didn’t do it? | 你怎么知道不是他干的? |
[41:48] | ‘Cause I was with him the night Of the rape this summer. | 因为案发当晚他和我在一起 |
[41:51] | Where? Doing what? | 在哪里?干什么? |
[41:54] | I can’t tell you, okay? | 我不能告诉你 |
[41:55] | But you have to trust me. He’s innocent. | 你得相信我 他是无辜的 |