时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Priviously On “veronica mars”… | |
[00:03] | I didn’t kill cyrus, keith. | Cyrus不是我杀的 Keith |
[00:05] | I found this bug in my cellphone. | 我在手机里发现了窃听器 |
[00:07] | Did you put it there? | 是你放的吗 |
[00:08] | No, hank. | 不是我 Hank |
[00:11] | You like that?! Huh?! | 你自找的 |
[00:13] | He says sheriff lamb’s dead. | 他说Lamb探长死了 |
[00:18] | Maintenance workers found a bag of bloody clothes on campus. | 维修工在学校里找到一包血衣 |
[00:21] | The shirt belongs to your boyfriend, hank landry. | 衬衫是你男友Hank Landry的 |
[00:24] | Either you’re covering for him or he’s covering for you. | 要么你在替他掩饰 要么他在替你掩饰 |
[00:28] | Veronica: so, here’s something the freshman guidebook | 新手指导手册里忘了写这条 |
[00:30] | Failed to address — Your dad is acting sheriff, | 你爸爸是代理探长 |
[00:33] | He thinks your favorite professor | 他认为你最爱的教授 |
[00:34] | May have murdered your favorite dean, | 可能谋杀了你最爱的校长 |
[00:35] | So where do you sit in class? | 那你上课该坐哪儿? |
[00:37] | Up front now seems awkward. | 第一排正对面好像有点尴尬 |
[00:39] | But isn’t a seat in the back | 但坐最后一排 |
[00:40] | Like hanging an “i think you’re guilty” sign? | 似乎在说”我认为你有罪”? |
[00:43] | I hope you’re not relocating. | 希望你不要换座位 |
[00:45] | Oh, professor. No. | 哦 教授 没有 |
[00:47] | No. I was just, um — | 我只是… |
[00:49] | I know, veronica. | 我明白 Veronica |
[00:50] | It’s kind of a weird situation, | 情况有点微妙 |
[00:52] | But i-I don’t want you to think that this disagreement | 但请相信 |
[00:55] | That your father and i are having | 我与你父亲间的分歧 |
[00:56] | Will in any way affect things between us. | 不会影响你我的关系 |
[01:00] | A student like you comes along once, | 像你这样的好学生 |
[01:01] | Maybe twice, in a career. | 一辈子只能遇到一两个 |
[01:04] | I’m glad that i get to be the one to mentor you, | 我很荣幸 能成为你的导师 |
[01:07] | And i really hope that you don’t forget that | 希望你也不会忘记 |
[01:09] | Amid all this… | 虽然现在… |
[01:10] | I won’t. Thanks, dr. Landry. | 我不会忘的 Landry博士 |
[01:17] | This doesn’t make sense, keith. | 太没道理了 Keith |
[01:19] | Sheriff mars, actually. | 是Mars探长 |
[01:20] | I am acting sheriff now. | 我现在是代理探长 |
[01:22] | -So,sorry. -Okay. | – 抱歉 打断你 – 好吧 |
[01:24] | “Sheriff.” | 探长 |
[01:25] | Why am i still here being questioned by you | 为什么你现在用这种语调 |
[01:27] | In that tone of voice? | 审问我? |
[01:29] | You said that you found my ex-Husband’s fingerprints | 你说 Cyrus的电脑键盘上 |
[01:31] | All over cyrus’ computer keyboard. | 到处都是我前夫的指纹 |
[01:34] | Steve was clearly unstable. | 很明显 Steve情绪暴躁 |
[01:36] | You found his prints on the keyboard. | 你又在键盘上发现了他的指纹 |
[01:38] | Isn’t that what you people call a smoking gun? | 这不就是你们所说的”证据确凿”吗 |
[01:41] | “Goodbye, cruel world.” That sentiment uses 11 letters. | “永别了 残酷的世界” 这句遗言只有8个字 |
[01:47] | Unstable ex-Husband steve’s prints | 你暴躁前夫Steve的指纹 |
[01:48] | Are on every key on the keyboard. | 却布满键盘上的每个键 |
[01:51] | And, of course, there’s the matter of the gloves | 当然 还有焚烧炉里 |
[01:52] | Found in the incinerator. | 找到的那副手套 |
[01:54] | Did the killer bother to wear gloves for the murder, | 难道凶手杀人时记得戴手套 |
[01:57] | Only to take them off | 然后脱下来 |
[01:58] | And leave prints all over the computer? | 把指纹弄得满电脑都是? |
[02:00] | So, no, that’s not what we call a smoking gun. | 所以 这不是所谓的”证据确凿” |
[02:03] | I didn’t kill cyrus, keith! | 我没有杀Cyrus Keith |
[02:06] | Sheriff mars. | 是Mars探长 |
[02:09] | You said you and hank landry were alone | 你说 你丈夫死亡那晚 |
[02:11] | At the neptune grand | 你和Hank Landry |
[02:11] | On the evening of your husband’s death, | 单独呆在Neptune大酒店 |
[02:14] | But a witness heard two men | 但是有证人听到 |
[02:15] | Fighting in your room at midnight. | 半夜 有两个男人在你们房间争执 |
[02:19] | You say you never left the hotel, | 你说你从未离开酒店 |
[02:20] | But at 1:30, your car is checked out of valet | 但是1:30时 你的车驶离停车场 |
[02:22] | And checked back in an hour later. | 一小时后才回来 |
[02:24] | In that time, a phone call is made | 期间 你的手机 |
[02:26] | Between your cell and landry’s. | 曾与Landry的手机通话 |
[02:29] | You claim you never left the hotel | 你声称从未离开酒店 |
[02:31] | And this call concerned toothpaste. | 这通电话是问牙膏的 |
[02:33] | Roughly 30 minutes after your car is checked back in, | 你的车回到酒店 大约30分钟后 |
[02:35] | A student passing near your husband’s window | 有学生路过你丈夫办公室窗外 |
[02:37] | Heard the gunshot. | 听到了枪声 |
[02:39] | Toxicology reports show that your husband | 毒物报告显示 |
[02:41] | Had a large dose of xanax in his system. | 你丈夫体内有大量安定药残留 |
[02:44] | The dean’s assistant said he was out, | 校长助理说 他的药用完了 |
[02:46] | But records show you picked up a refill prescription | 但记录显示 那晚早些时候 |
[02:48] | For him earlier in the evening. | 你替他配了新药 |
[02:55] | It just doesn’t add up to me, mindy. | 我不明白 Mindy |
[03:03] | I believe hank landry killed your husband, mrs. O’dell. | 肯定是Hank Landry杀死你丈夫的 O’Dell太太 |
[03:06] | I believe i can prove it. | 我可以证明 |
[03:07] | My question to you is this — | 我的问题是 |
[03:09] | Are you gonna take the fall with him? | 你想和他一起坐牢吗 |
[03:18] | The man who came to the hotel room — | 来酒店房间的 |
[03:22] | That was cyrus. | 是Cyrus |
[03:25] | He was furious. | 他气急败坏 |
[03:27] | He had a gun. | 手里拿着枪 |
[03:28] | Put the gun down, cyrus. Let’s talk about this. | 把枪放下 Cyrus 我们好好谈谈 |
[03:30] | Oh, “cyrus”? | 哦 “Cyrus”? |
[03:31] | Oh, we’re on a first-Name basis now? | 我们关系好得可以直呼其名了? |
[03:34] | I can see how you might be confused about our relationship, | 我明白你为什么会搞错我们的关系了 |
[03:37] | What with you sleeping with my wife and all. | 你搞我妻子的下场 |
[03:39] | Let me remind you, i’m your boss. | 提醒你 我是你上司 |
[03:41] | Please, put the gun down. Then we’ll talk. | 拜托 把枪放下 我们谈谈 |
[03:42] | Cyrus, please. | Cyrus 拜托 |
[03:43] | There’s nothing to talk about. | 没什么好谈的 |
[03:45] | You’re done, hank, and i don’t mean just at hearst. | 你完了 Hank 不止在Hearst学院 |
[03:48] | I mean everywhere. | 其他地方你也别想混了 没有工作 没有学术成就 |
[03:49] | No tenure, no more happy days in academia, | 其他地方你也别想混了 没有工作 没有学术成就 |
[03:51] | Bedding impressionable students and easily charmed wives. | 别想勾引天真的学生 欺骗无知的主妇 |
[03:54] | Cyrus, please. | Cyrus 拜托 |
[03:55] | He threatened to end his career? | 他威胁要毁了他的事业? |
[03:56] | Hank’s career means everything to him. | Hank的事业对他来说就是一切 |
[03:59] | Cyrus could kill him at every reputable college | Cyrus会断了他在国内任何名校的 |
[04:02] | In the country. | 出路 |
[04:04] | Cyrus stormed out, and hank freaked. | Cyrus怒气冲冲地离开了 Hank吓坏了 |
[04:07] | I said that i would go and try and talk him down. | 我说 我能去劝劝他 |
[04:09] | I went to the house, but his car wasn’t there, | 我回家 但他的车不在那儿 |
[04:12] | So i went by his office. | 于是我来到办公室 |
[04:14] | And the phone call? | 那电话呢 |
[04:15] | Hank wanted to know how it went. | Hank想问问情况怎么样 |
[04:17] | How did it go? | 情况怎么样? |
[04:18] | Well, his office window had just been egged, | 他办公室的窗户刚被鸡蛋砸过 |
[04:21] | So he wasn’t in a good mood. | 所以心情很不好 |
[04:23] | What are you doing here? | 你来干什么? |
[04:25] | I’m here to ask you one more time, cyrus, | 求求你 Cyrus |
[04:28] | To please be merciful. | 宽宏大量一点 |
[04:31] | That’s when you gave him the xanax? | 然后你给他服了安定药? |
[04:34] | I thought it would do him some good. | 我觉得对他有好处 |
[04:37] | Three pills practically left him helpless. | 吃三片让他虚弱无助 |
[04:39] | I just gave him the bottle. He handled the dosage. | 我把药瓶给他 他自己服的剂量 |
[04:43] | Look, i was there for five minutes. | 听着 我只呆了5分钟 |
[04:45] | He yelled, i left — End of story. | 他发怒 我离开 到此结束 |
[04:58] | What did you tell hank? | 那你怎么跟Hank说的? |
[05:00] | Nothing. | 什么也没说 |
[05:02] | When i got back, he wasn’t there. | 我回去的时候 他已经走了 |
[05:04] | You came to me to prove your husband was murdered. | 你叫我证明你丈夫是被谋杀的 |
[05:06] | It didn’t occur to you that your lover might have done it? | 就没想到可能是你情人干的? |
[05:09] | I knew that cyrus didn’t kill himself. | Cyrus不会自杀 |
[05:11] | I wanted to know who did, even if it was hank. | 我只是想知道是谁干的 哪怕是Hank |
[05:14] | You provided his alibi. | 你替他做不在场证明 |
[05:16] | Until you told me about hank’s bloody clothes, | 你告诉我血衣的事后 我已经坦白了 |
[05:18] | I believed someone else was responsible. | 我觉得是其他人干的 |
[05:20] | Cyrus had plenty of enemies. | Cyrus树敌颇多 |
[05:24] | You’ll testify hank was worked up, | 你证明Hank惊惶失措 |
[05:27] | That he panicked at the thought of losing his career? | 担心丢了饭碗? |
[05:30] | Yes. | 是的 |
[05:34] | You’ve known three men in your life, mrs. O’dell. | O’Dell太太 你生命中的三个男人 |
[05:36] | Two are dead, | 两个已经死了 |
[05:38] | And the great state of california may see to the third. | 加州人民有可能目睹第三个被判死刑 |
[05:41] | How am i supposed to react to that? | 你想我怎么反应? |
[05:43] | Reflexively. | 反省 |
[05:50] | Don’t leave town. | 不许离开镇里 |
[05:53] | Many agencies requesting criminal profiles | 许多执法部门寻求犯罪侧写时 |
[05:55] | Are unified by the misperception | 都错误地认为 |
[05:57] | That the profiling process can somehow circumvent the work | 性格侧写可以减轻 |
[06:01] | Of analyzing physical evidence on a particular case… | 案件中物证分析的工作 |
[06:07] | Uh… | 呃 |
[06:09] | Review conducted by horvath and messig | Horvath及Messing的研究表明 |
[06:13] | Determined that physical evidence | 物证的使用 |
[06:14] | Is used less than 25% in the cases — | 少于25% 尤其是在… |
[06:22] | All right, then. May i ask what this is all about? | 好吧 可以告诉我怎么回事吗 |
[06:25] | I’m going to arrest you, dr. Landry. | 我要逮捕你 Landry博士 |
[06:27] | You should feel free to dismiss your class. | 你觉得有必要的话 可以解散学生 |
[06:29] | There’s no need for the students to see you | 没有必要让他们看着你 |
[06:31] | Led out of here in cuffs. | 戴着手铐被带出去 |
[06:35] | Class, the acting sheriff has some questions | 同学们 代理探长有几个问题 |
[06:38] | He’d like to ask about a case, | 想要咨询我 |
[06:41] | So i’m gonna let you go early. | 今天就早下课吧 |
[06:44] | Read chapter 6 by next class. | 下节课前请预习第6章 爸爸的小屋 |
[07:24] | Say it again, please, into the microphone. | 请再说一遍 对着麦克风说 |
[07:29] | I’m happy to answer questions without a lawyer present. | 我愿意在律师缺席的情况下 回答探长问题 |
[07:33] | Mindy flipped on you. | Mindy告发你了 |
[07:36] | I don’t believe you. | 我不信 |
[07:37] | She says she went back to the dean’s office that night. | 她说她那晚回校长办公室 |
[07:40] | She talked to her husband, gave him his xanax. | 和丈夫谈谈 给他服了安定药 |
[07:43] | When she got back, you were gone. | 等她回来时 你已经走了 |
[07:47] | The dean was murdered at 3:00 a.M. | 校长是在凌晨3:00被杀的 |
[07:51] | You sure you don’t want a lawyer? | 真的不要请律师? |
[07:55] | Mindy said the dean visited your hotel room. | Mindy说校长来过酒店 |
[07:58] | She says he threatened to destroy your career, | 她说他威胁要毁了你的事业 |
[08:00] | And she went back to his office to try and plead for you. | 于是她回校长办公室为你求情 |
[08:05] | That’s what she said? | 她就说了这些? |
[08:07] | That’s all she said about his visit? | 校长来酒店的事她就一笔带过了? |
[08:10] | Well… | |
[08:12] | The dean did more than threaten me. | 校长不仅威胁我 |
[08:14] | No more happy days of academia, | 没有学术成就 |
[08:16] | Bedding down impressionable students | 别想勾引天真的学生 |
[08:18] | And easily charmed wives. | 欺骗无知的主妇 |
[08:20] | Stop it. If you just put the gun away — | 别说了 把枪放下 |
[08:21] | You will find your things on the lawn | 还有你 明早到草地上 |
[08:23] | Tomorrow morning, okay? | 找你的行李吧 |
[08:25] | I’m so sorry i didn’t take my friends’ advice | 真后悔 我没有听朋友的劝 |
[08:27] | About marrying you, | 和你结婚了 |
[08:28] | But thank god i took their advice about a prenup. | 不过谢天谢地 我听他们签了婚前协定 |
[08:30] | We are done, and you get nothing, you hear me?! | 我们玩完了 什么也别想得到 听清楚了吗 |
[08:33] | Nothing! | 什么也没有 |
[08:35] | She didn’t go back to save me, keith. | 她回去不是为了我 Keith |
[08:36] | She went back to save herself. | 而是为了她自己 |
[08:38] | She was back at the hotel | 但校长死的时候 |
[08:39] | By the time the dean was dead. | 她已经回酒店了 |
[08:41] | The ex-Husband — Botando. | 她前夫Botando |
[08:42] | It’s not looking like botando. | 不像Botando干的 |
[08:45] | A maintenance worker found something interesting | 维修工在清扫学校焚烧炉时 |
[08:47] | While cleaning out the incinerator at hearst. | 发现了一件有趣的东西 |
[08:51] | You want to fill me in? | 是什么 |
[08:53] | A bag… | 一只包 |
[08:55] | …containing a dress shirt and gloves — Yours — | 装着一件西装衬衫和一副手套 都是你的 |
[09:00] | Covered in o’dell’s blood. | 上面都是O’Dell的血迹 |
[09:09] | Mindy. | |
[09:13] | She set me up. | 她陷害我 |
[09:15] | She can get to my clothes. | 她能拿到我的衣服 |
[09:17] | I don’t know how she got her car back to the hotel, but — | 我不知道她怎么把车弄回酒店的 但是… |
[09:19] | Her alibi checks out. | 她的不在场证明已经得到证实了 |
[09:21] | How about you finally tell me where you were at 3:00 a.M. | 不如告诉我 凌晨3:00你在哪儿? |
[09:24] | The night of december 10th? | 12月10日晚上? |
[09:26] | I left the hotel and drove home alone. | 我离开酒店 独自开车回家 |
[09:31] | I stopped at a convenience store for cigarettes. | 中途在一家便利店抽烟 |
[09:34] | You charge them? | 买东西了? |
[09:35] | No. | 没有 |
[09:38] | And the clerk didn’t even look up from his little tv set. | 收银员眼睛几乎没从 电视机上抬起来看过 |
[09:43] | Wait. | 等等 |
[09:46] | Can i bum one of those? | 可以给我一支吗 |
[09:50] | Here. Take two. | 给你两支 |
[09:52] | I don’t really smoke. | 我不太抽烟 |
[09:54] | So, this mystery woman — | 那么 这个神秘的女子 |
[09:55] | Anything you can tell me about her? | 有什么关于她的信息吗 |
[09:57] | Late 30s, early 40s. | 30几岁 40出头 |
[10:00] | Brunette. | 棕发 |
[10:01] | I don’t suppose you can tell me how your clothes | 那你的衣服上 |
[10:03] | Ended up covered in the dean’s blood? | 怎么会有校长的血迹呢 |
[10:07] | I suggest you find a lawyer — A very good one. | 建议你找个律师 好律师 |
[10:10] | You’re a smart man. You got to see i have a case. | 你是聪明人 看得出这案子的情况 |
[10:21] | Tim: professor landry. | Landry教授 |
[10:24] | Tim. Of course. | Tim 当然 |
[10:27] | It’s always tim. | 只有Tim会来 |
[10:28] | What’s going on? | 出什么事了? |
[10:31] | They think you killed the dean. | 他们说你杀了校长 |
[10:32] | I didn’t. | 我没有 |
[10:36] | Their case is… | 这案子 |
[10:38] | [Sighs] just — | 只是 |
[10:40] | There are two things you can do, though. | 有两件事 你要帮我 |
[10:45] | I found a bug in my phone. | 我在手机里发现了窃听器 |
[10:46] | A bug? | 窃听器? |
[10:47] | I need to find out who put it there | 我要知道是谁放的 |
[10:49] | And how long it’s been there. | 放了多久 |
[10:51] | Okay. | 好的 |
[10:54] | What else? | 还有呢 |
[10:56] | I need you to find a needle in a haystack. | 一项海底捞针的任务 |
[11:31] | What the hell are you doing? | 你在干什么? |
[11:35] | I, uh, i’m — | 我 呃 |
[11:37] | Formulating a lie, realizing it’s futile, | 企图圆谎 发现徒劳 |
[11:39] | Begrudgingly telling the truth? | 心不甘情不愿地坦白? |
[11:40] | I’m trying to help landry, okay? | 我要帮Landry |
[11:45] | He gave your father the bug | 他把手机里的窃听器 |
[11:46] | That someone planted in his phone. | 交给你爸了 |
[11:48] | I’m hoping it will lead to mindy. | 但愿它能指向Mindy |
[11:49] | How is it gonna lead to mindy? | 怎么会指向Mindy呢 |
[11:51] | I don’t know. Uh, serial numbers? | 不知道 查序列号? |
[11:54] | They don’t have serial numbers. | 窃听器没有序列号 |
[11:56] | Well, i didn’t know! | 那我就不知道了 |
[11:58] | There’s got to be a way. | 总有办法的 |
[12:00] | How would you do it? | 是你怎么查? |
[12:01] | Hmm. Well, first, i’d break into someone’s office, | 首先 我会闯入别人的办公室 |
[12:03] | Act really weaselly, and then ask their advice. | 蹑手蹑脚地行动 然后询问他们的意见 |
[12:06] | Pardon my manners, veronica, but i’m a little desperate. | 原谅我的行为 Veronica 但我别无选择 |
[12:09] | Landry — He didn’t kill the dean. | Landry没杀校长 |
[12:10] | Mindy’s framing him. | Mindy设计他 |
[12:13] | He’s a great man. | 他是好人 |
[12:14] | I’m gonna do everything i can to help him. | 我会尽全力帮他的 |
[12:17] | He has an alibi. | 他有不在场证明 |
[12:18] | He was at a convenience store at the time of the murder. | 谋杀发生时 他在一家便利店里 |
[12:22] | And he’s got the credit-Card receipt to prove it? | 有信用卡收据证明吗 |
[12:24] | No, but he talked to a woman. He gave her a cigarette. | 没有 但是他跟一个女人聊天 还给了她一支香烟 |
[12:26] | I know it means nothing, | 我知道这证明不了什么 |
[12:27] | But your dad doesn’t believe him. | 但你爸爸根本不相信他 |
[12:29] | He’s not looking for the witness. | 他根本不想找证人 |
[12:30] | I’m his only hope… | 我是Landry唯一的希望 |
[12:34] | Unless you help me. | 只要你肯帮我 |
[12:36] | You want my help? | 你要我帮忙? |
[12:38] | Well, i-I need it. | 我需要你的帮助 |
[12:41] | I’m not — I’m not good in the field. | 我不…不擅长实战 |
[12:44] | I am more of a thinker. | 我是理论家 |
[12:46] | I have to find this woman, talk to her. | 我要找到那个女人 和她谈谈 |
[12:51] | You might be an asset. | 你能助我一臂之力 |
[12:59] | I don’t know. Maybe. | 不知道 也许吧 |
[13:01] | I don’t know. Lots of people come through here. | 不认识 路过这儿的人很多 |
[13:03] | I don’t, like, memorize their faces or anything. Sorry. | 不记得长相了 抱歉 |
[13:06] | How long do you keep the surveillance tapes? | 监视录像会保存多久? |
[13:09] | Um, like, no long. | 不保存 |
[13:12] | It’s not hooked up. It’s just for show. | 根本没有接通 装装门面的 |
[13:14] | You usually work the night shift? | 你通常上晚班? |
[13:15] | Yes. You gonna buy anything? | 是的 有东西要买吗 |
[13:22] | This is ridiculous. | 太荒谬了 |
[13:24] | Welcome to “in the field.” | 欢迎参加”实战”演练 |
[13:26] | It just seems hopeless. | 希望渺茫 |
[13:27] | We have no idea who this woman is. | 根本不知道那女人是谁 |
[13:29] | She could’ve just been driving through town, | 可能只是开车路过 |
[13:31] | Or she could live next door and gone on vacation for a year. | 也可能就住隔壁 外出度假一年 |
[13:37] | Or she could have been a down-On-Her-Luck | 也可能只是时运不济的 |
[13:39] | Catholic schoolgirl smuggling cantaloupes in her shirt. | 天主教女学生在衬衫下偷运木瓜 |
[13:44] | So, are they, like, | 她们 呃 |
[13:45] | Shooting a motley crue video here or — | 是在拍摄Motley Crue音乐录影带 还是 (老牌重金属乐队 MV充满性意味) |
[13:47] | Strip city’s just across the street. | 脱衣舞俱乐部就在街对面 |
[13:49] | 3:00’s the shift change. | 3:00交接班 |
[13:51] | Hmm. | |
[13:52] | Woman: it’s not like buckcherry wrote it for tory. | 这首歌又不是Buckcherry为Tory写的 (Buckcherry美国著名摇滚团体) |
[13:55] | I have seniority. | 我资格老 |
[13:57] | Excuse me. Hi. Um, have you seen this guy? | 打扰了 嗨 你们见过这个人吗 |
[14:01] | It would have been here — | 就在这里 |
[14:02] | Eight weeks and two days ago to be exact. | 准确地说 是八周零两天前 |
[14:05] | What are you, | 你们是干什么的? |
[14:06] | Some kind of little detective team or something? | 某个侦探组吗 |
[14:09] | As a matter of fact, we happen to be — | 实际上 我们碰巧就是… |
[14:10] | We’re just trying to find my dad. | 我们在找爸爸 |
[14:12] | He left home again without paying the rent. | 他又没付房租 离家出走了 |
[14:15] | I’m sure there’s a valid reason, | 肯定情有可原 |
[14:17] | But if we could just find — | 如果能找到… |
[14:18] | Yeah, there’s a valid reason — Men are scum. | 是啊 情有可原 男人就是贱 |
[14:22] | Mystery solved. | 迷案破解 |
[14:24] | Except for you, randy. | 除了你 Randy |
[14:27] | Let me see. | 让我看看 |
[14:29] | No. | 不认识 |
[14:30] | I’d remember that one. | 帅哥见过不会忘的 |
[14:31] | Two months ago? | 2个月前? |
[14:33] | Any of you maybe bum a cigarette off him? | 你们有人可能向他讨烟? |
[14:36] | Do we look like we smoke? | 我们看上去抽烟吗 |
[14:38] | Yes. | 是的 |
[14:39] | It’s bad for your skin. | 吸烟有害皮肤 |
[14:41] | Sorry, we didn’t see him, but try tomorrow. | 抱歉 没见过 明天再来问问 |
[14:43] | Tory’s on, and she smokes like a big, old slutty chimney. | Tory在上班 她是个老烟枪 |
[14:53] | Hey! | 嗨 |
[14:54] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[14:55] | I didn’t think you were gonna make it. | 没想到你会来 |
[14:57] | How was econ? | 经济怎么样? |
[14:59] | Econ? | 经济? |
[15:01] | Tuesdays and thursdays — Econ — | 周二周四的经济 |
[15:03] | That class about economics. | 经济学课程 |
[15:05] | Oh, yeah. I flaked. | 哦 翘课了 |
[15:06] | But we agreed — No lectures on college responsibility. | 说好不谈学校学习的 |
[15:09] | Nope. | 是的 |
[15:10] | I just thought that was your only class today. | 我以为你今天只有一节课 |
[15:13] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[15:26] | And at the bottom, and we’re done. | 签在最后一页就行了 |
[15:35] | Regency life insurance is very sorry | Regency人身保险 |
[15:36] | For your loss, mrs. O’dell. | 对您失去亲人 深表哀悼 O’Dell太太 |
[15:44] | Well, that means a lot. | 意义非凡啊 |
[15:48] | Good afternoon, ma’am. | 下午好 女士 |
[15:49] | You may be interested in buying a boat? | 有兴趣买游艇吗 |
[15:53] | Yes. | 是的 |
[15:55] | I want that one. | 我要那艘 |
[15:58] | All right. | 好了 我是男生 |
[15:59] | So, i’m a guy, | 好了 我是男生 |
[16:00] | And i don’t know or care about this stuff, | 我不懂也不关心这类事 |
[16:04] | But i feel like i’m supposed to tell you this. | 但是我觉得应该跟你说一声 |
[16:05] | I’m starting to get a mustache? | 你要留胡子? |
[16:08] | No. | 不 |
[16:09] | Then why are you staring at my lip? | 那你干什么盯着我的嘴唇? |
[16:10] | Because you just made me. | 因为你先提到胡子的 |
[16:11] | Stop! | 别看了 |
[16:13] | I saw logan and parker having lunch. | 我看到Logan和Parker一起吃午餐 |
[16:15] | Here? | 在这里? |
[16:16] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[16:18] | In the cafeteria? | 在餐厅? |
[16:19] | At lunchtime? | 午餐时间? |
[16:20] | God, why doesn’t he just run me over with a truck? | 天啊 你干脆开卡车压死我吧 |
[16:24] | I’m just telling you this | 我这么说 |
[16:25] | Because it looked like it was something — | 是因为看上去真的有点什么 |
[16:28] | Like they were connecting, you know? | 他们好像互生好感 明白吗 |
[16:33] | What? | 干什么? |
[16:34] | I’m just trying to figure out which gilmore girl you are. | 看看你是哪个”吉尔莫女孩” |
[16:39] | I know he says he doesn’t eat them, | 我知道他不吃果冻 |
[16:41] | But leave a jelly if you know what’s good for you. | 知道好歹的话 就把果冻留给我 |
[16:43] | The last time you said that, | 上次你也这么说 |
[16:44] | You didn’t actually get any jellies. | 但根本没人留给你 |
[16:46] | Almost had a heart attack. | 差点气得发心脏病 |
[17:07] | Are you in trouble? | 遇到麻烦了吗 |
[17:08] | Has anyone told you you look very convincing | 有人告诉你 你坐在那张桌子后面 |
[17:11] | Behind that desk? | 真的很威严吗 |
[17:12] | Is that a no on the trouble? | 你的意思是没麻烦? |
[17:15] | I’m just saying i like it better when we’re not civilians. | 我的意思是 我更喜欢不当普通公民 |
[17:18] | Speaking of, | 说到这个 |
[17:19] | If i’m gonna be able to run red lights with impunity, | 我想要闯红灯豁免权 |
[17:22] | I think a siren would be helpful. | 给我批个警车灯吧 |
[17:24] | Care to tell me where you got landry’s case file? | 能告诉我 哪里拿到Landry的档案袋的? |
[17:29] | The filing cabinet? | 档案柜? |
[17:30] | I’m hoping his testimony might help us find his alibi. | 希望他的证言能帮助我们寻找证人 |
[17:35] | Veronica… | |
[17:37] | Between his bloody clothes and mindy’s testimony, | 根据带血的衣服及Mindy的证词 |
[17:40] | Things are not looking too great for professor landry. | Landry教授处境不妙 |
[17:42] | They’ll look better when we find this alibi, | 等找到证人后 就会没事的 |
[17:45] | Which we will. | 真的 |
[17:46] | Keith, d.A.’S on line 2. | Keith 地方检察官在2线 |
[17:50] | Okay. | 好的 |
[17:51] | But you might also get used to the fact | 你们必须得承认 |
[17:53] | That he might have done it, sweetie. | 有可能是他干的 宝贝 |
[17:54] | Just consider it. | 好好想想 |
[18:00] | This is keith mars. | 我是Keith Mars |
[18:02] | Mindy o’dell? | |
[18:04] | Wasn’t her deposition — | 她的供词不是已经… |
[18:06] | What do you mean, missing? | 什么意思 失踪? |
[18:11] | Isn’t that all the proof they need? | 这不明摆着吗 |
[18:13] | Why would mindy leave if she weren’t guilty? | 如果Mindy是无辜的 为什么要逃跑? |
[18:16] | She’s still got an alibi for the time of the murder, | 但她仍有时间证人 |
[18:18] | Although we know she gave him the xanax. | 当然 她还给校长服了安定药 |
[18:19] | Maybe she set him up for the killer. | 也许 她故意让他昏迷 方便凶手动手 |
[18:21] | What, like maybe botando? | 比如Botando? |
[18:23] | Is a guy who can be bought. | 她收买的人 |
[18:25] | Or it could be anyone. | 任何人都有可能 |
[18:26] | Everyone hated the dean. | 人人都恨校长 |
[18:29] | Not everyone. | 不是人人 |
[18:33] | Strippers ahoy. | 脱衣舞娘来啦 |
[18:42] | The cigarette. I’ll bet that’s tory. | 她抽烟 肯定是Tory |
[18:44] | Ooh, you are a thinker. | 理论家 |
[18:46] | Let’s see how you do in the field. | 看看你实战怎么样 |
[19:00] | If you’re wondering where i am, | 想知道我在哪儿吗 |
[19:02] | I’m hanging out outside a convenience store | 我在一家便利店外面 |
[19:04] | Eating corn nuts and watching strippers. | 吃零食 看脱衣舞 |
[19:06] | Are you doing drugs? | 你在吸毒吗 |
[19:08] | -No. – Good. | – 没有 – 很好 |
[19:09] | So, mindy definitely split town. | Mindy肯定逃走了 |
[19:11] | She shipped her kids to her parents in surrey, england. | 她把孩子送到英国Surrey父母那 |
[19:14] | Which shouldn’t be a problem since you know landry did it. | 没关系 反正已经知道是Landry干的了 |
[19:17] | No comment. | 不予置评 |
[19:18] | It’s 3:00 a.M. | 现在是凌晨3:00 |
[19:19] | Can i expect you home anytime soon? | 能快点回来吗 |
[19:25] | Got to go. | 得挂了 |
[19:26] | Out of corn nuts. Bye. | 零食吃完了 再见 |
[19:30] | Excuse me. | 打扰一下 |
[19:30] | Can i ask you a quick question? | 可以问你一个问题吗 |
[19:32] | Have you ever seen this guy? | 见过这个人吗 |
[19:35] | Yeah. A few months ago. | 几个月前见过 |
[19:37] | He gave me a cigarette. Why? | 他给了我一支香烟 干什么? |
[19:43] | You say you saw hank landry the night of december 10th? | 12月10日晚 你见过Hank Landry? |
[19:47] | I bummed a cigarette from him. | 我向他讨了支烟 |
[19:49] | You remember some guy you met in a parking lot two months ago? | 你能记住两个月前在停车场偶遇的人? |
[19:52] | He actually looked kind of like | 他长得很像 |
[19:53] | The guy i just broke up with, | 我刚分手的男友 |
[19:55] | And it kind of freaked me out. | 差点把我吓死了 |
[19:56] | What kind of loser breaks up with a girl | 什么白痴 |
[19:58] | Two weeks before christmas? | 会在圣诞前2周和女朋友分手? |
[19:59] | And you’re sure you saw landry | 你确定是在凌晨3:30 |
[20:01] | At exactly 3:30 that morning? | 看到Landry的? |
[20:03] | Around there, yeah. | 差不多吧 |
[20:04] | Were you wearing a watch, miss? | 你戴手表了吗 小姐 |
[20:06] | I stop there sometimes when my shift ends. | 我下班时 会去那儿逛逛 |
[20:09] | Hey, i just came in here | 喂 我来这儿 |
[20:11] | Because they said the guy was in trouble. | 是因为他们说 有人遇到麻烦了 |
[20:13] | I don’t care if you believe me or not. | 我不在乎 你们信不信 |
[20:19] | [ Sighs ] thanks, you guys. | 谢谢你们 |
[20:21] | I wish there were a grade higher than an “a.” | 要是能给你们A+就好了 |
[20:25] | Mindy’s disappeared. | Mindy失踪了 |
[20:27] | She got her insurance money and vanished. | 拿了保险金 人间蒸发 |
[20:29] | We think there’s a chance | 我们觉得 |
[20:30] | She’s working with steve botando. | 她可能和Botando合谋 |
[20:33] | -If you want, we can keep … – No. | – 如果你愿意 我们可以继续… – 不 |
[20:35] | No, you’ve done too much already. | 你们已经做得够多了 |
[20:37] | Thanks again. Terrific work. | 再次感谢 干得漂亮 |
[20:42] | If i had to bet, | 要我赌 |
[20:43] | I’d bet my dad isn’t gonna leave it at that. | 我赌老爸肯定不会就这么罢手 |
[20:46] | We have to find those tapes. | 必须找到那些录音 |
[20:49] | If mindy was working with botando, | 如果Mindy真的和Botando串通好了 |
[20:50] | I bet steve was the one planting the bug in landry’s phone — | 那在Landry手机里放窃听器的肯定是Steve |
[20:54] | An insurance policy in case things went bad. | 防止情况有变 |
[20:56] | Botando’s keys are still in evidence. | Botando的钥匙还在证物箱里 |
[20:58] | Is there any way we get ahold — | 有没有办法得到… |
[20:59] | “Is there any way?” | “有没有办法?” |
[21:13] | There’s nothing here. | 什么也没有 |
[21:17] | What? | 干什么? 手套真不错 |
[21:17] | Nice gloves. | 干什么? 手套真不错 |
[21:18] | You headed to the parlor | 你等一下要去客厅 |
[21:19] | To strangle colonel mustard after this? | 勒死Mustard上校? (著名破案游戏棋<妙探寻凶>中的角色) |
[21:21] | We’re breaking and entering. I can’t leave prints. | 我们这是私闯民宅 我可不想留下指纹 |
[21:23] | Use your sleeve. It’s less creepy. | 用袖子擦 看上去比较正常 |
[21:27] | So, where else would you hide illicit recordings? | 你还会在哪里藏非法窃听录音? |
[21:36] | I didn’t know night ranger had this many albums. | 原来Night Ranger出过这么多专辑 |
[21:41] | Well… | 嗯 |
[21:43] | So, there’s these dvds. | 还有多很DVD |
[21:45] | Does he have “a bug’s life”? | 有<窃听风暴>吗 |
[21:47] | No. | 没有 |
[21:52] | But he does have “taps.” | 但是有<勇者无惧> |
[22:03] | Um…december 10th, 1:30 a.M. | 12月10日 凌晨1:30 |
[22:07] | Veronica: the night of the murder. | 谋杀发生当晚 |
[22:09] | Mindy: hello. | 你好 Mindy 马上回来 |
[22:10] | Hank: mindy, for god’s sake, come back. | 你好 Mindy 马上回来 |
[22:11] | Hank, i-I have to go. | Hank 我…我得挂了 |
[22:13] | Mind, don’t be stupid. | Mind 别傻了 |
[22:14] | He’s not exactly in control of himself, | 他现在不能自控 |
[22:16] | And he’s got a gun. | 手里还有枪 |
[22:17] | I won’t let this happen. I won’t let him take everything. | 不能就这么罢手 让他抢走一切 |
[22:20] | Damn it, i’ll take care of this. | 见鬼 我会处理这事的 |
[22:21] | How? | 怎么处理? 我会处理的 Mindy 别担心 |
[22:21] | Just — I will, mindy. Don’t worry. | 怎么处理? 我会处理的 Mindy 别担心 |
[22:25] | No, hank, i can’t risk it. | 不 Hank 我不能冒这个险 |
[22:31] | Anything else from that night? | 还有那晚的其他录音吗 |
[22:33] | What’s that one? | 那是什么 |
[22:35] | It’s, uh, it’s that day. | 是那天 |
[22:38] | Probably just another — | 可能只是另一个… |
[22:40] | Hank: hello. | 你好 嗨 Hank 我是Pepperdine大学的Bob Reid |
[22:41] | Bob: hey, hank, bob reid at pepperdine. | 你好 嗨 Hank 我是Pepperdine大学的Bob Reid |
[22:43] | I’m calling about a job application | 我们收到你的助教 |
[22:45] | We got from your teaching assistant, tim foyle. | Tim Foyle的求职信 |
[22:47] | He put you as a reference, | 您被列为推荐人之一 |
[22:49] | So i’m calling for your thoughts. | 所以我打来咨询一下 |
[22:50] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[22:51] | Well, um, tim is loyal and hardworking, | Tim很忠实 也很努力 |
[22:55] | A good t.A. | 是一个很好的助教 |
[22:57] | Kind of a kiss-Ass. Very linear thinker. | 爱拍马屁 不懂变通 |
[23:00] | No imagination. | 缺乏想象力 |
[23:01] | You could do worse, but, honestly, bob, | 比他差的人比比皆是 不过老实说 Bob |
[23:03] | At pepperdine, i’m sure you could do better. | Pepperdine肯定能找到更好的人 |
[23:10] | Tim… | |
[23:12] | No, it’s fine. | 没事儿 |
[23:16] | I-It doesn’t matter. | 我…没关系 |
[23:19] | Keith: no, sir. | 不 先生 |
[23:20] | I’m just saying if your judge had given me the warrant | 我只是说 如果法官能开具搜查令 |
[23:22] | To tap his phone, we wouldn’t be having this problem. | 允许我们窃听他的电话 就不会有这么多问题了 |
[23:25] | I asked for an ankle tracker. | 我申请过安装脚踝跟踪器 |
[23:28] | Goodbye. | 再见 |
[23:30] | You talk to the airports? | 联系过机场吗 |
[23:31] | L.A.X., yeah, but i’m still waiting to hear from john wayne. | 联系了洛衫矶国际机场 还在等John Wayne机场的消息 |
[23:35] | [ As john wayne ] and you’re not gonna, pilgrim, | 别等了 |
[23:37] | ‘Cause what i am is dead. | 因为我已经死了 |
[23:40] | What are you doing here, veronica? | 你来这儿干什么 Veronica? |
[23:42] | [ Normal voice ] i’m bringing you this. | 送这个给你 |
[23:44] | It’s a recording of mindy and landry’s phone call | Mindy与Landry谋杀当晚的 |
[23:46] | From the night of the murder. | 通话记录 |
[23:47] | It really sounds like she did it, dad. | 听上去真的是她干的 老爸 |
[23:49] | I really think professor landry is innocent. | 我真的觉得Landry教授是无辜的 |
[23:51] | I’m glad you do, honey, | 我很高兴你这么想 宝贝 |
[23:53] | But right now i’m more concerned with finding him. | 但我现在更想找到他 |
[23:55] | Wait. Finding landry? | 等等 找Landry? |
[23:56] | Yeah. He disappeared, too. | 是的 他也失踪了 |
[24:29] | So, you finally got that boat that you always wanted. | 你终于得到梦想已久的游艇了 |
[24:35] | Young woman: my name’s carrie. I read one of your books… | 我叫Carrie 我读过你的一本书 |
[24:38] | I’m into hour 3 of listening to the recordings | – 我真的很喜欢… – 听了3小时 |
[24:40] | Off landry’s cellphone, | Landry的电话录音 |
[24:41] | Trying to find one that will connect mindy | 试图寻找与Mindy有关的线索 |
[24:43] | And what i’m now afraid is her partner, professor landry, | 但我现在担心的是 发现她的情人Landry |
[24:47] | To the dean’s murder, | 是与谋杀校长的凶手 |
[24:48] | Or, just as importantly, | 又或者 |
[24:49] | Discover where they might have gone. | 发现他们已经亡命天涯 |
[24:52] | Mindy: oh, all this sneaking around is driving me crazy. | 一直这么偷偷摸摸 让人发疯 |
[24:55] | I wish we could just take a time-Out. | 但愿我们能找个时间 一起旅游 |
[24:57] | Hank: yeah, tell me about it. | 好啊 跟我说说 |
[24:59] | A week at papa’s cabin? | 到爸爸的小屋玩一周? |
[25:00] | Oh, god, baby, that would be so great. | 哦 天啊 亲爱的 太好了 |
[25:08] | Hello. | 你好 嗨 是我 |
[25:09] | Veronica: hey, it’s me. | 你好 嗨 是我 |
[25:09] | Do you know if landry’s father | 你知道Landry的爸爸 |
[25:11] | Or his grandfather has a cabin? | 或祖父有小木屋吗 |
[25:14] | A cabin? I don’t know. Why? | 小屋?不知道 怎么了? |
[25:16] | They mention it on the tapes — | 他们在录音里提到了 |
[25:17] | “Papa’s cabin” — Like a getaway spot. | “爸爸的小屋” 似乎是个逃亡地 |
[25:20] | Well, i’ve never heard of a cabin, | 从来没听说过 |
[25:21] | But we can poke around. | 可以四处查查 |
[25:23] | Meet me at his house. I’ve still got his key. | 他家门口碰头 我有钥匙 |
[25:25] | Bye. | 再见 |
[25:28] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[25:29] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[25:30] | Long time, no see. | 好久不见 |
[25:32] | Yeah. What’s up? | 是啊 怎么了? |
[25:34] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[25:36] | No, it’s just, uh, it’s — It’s kind of weird. | 可能…有点尴尬 |
[25:38] | I don’t know if you know, but logan and i — | 不知道你听说了吗 我和Logan |
[25:42] | We’re sort of, i don’t know, hanging out. | 我们…常在一起 |
[25:46] | Actually, parker, i’m just running out. | 抱歉 Parker 我正要出去 |
[25:48] | Is it okay if we catch up later? | 等会儿再聊行吗 |
[25:50] | Yeah. Okay. | 好吧 |
[25:57] | So, guess who went to a class today? | 猜猜今天谁去上课了? |
[25:59] | Me. | 我 |
[26:00] | And guess what — I learned. | 知道吗 我认真听课了 |
[26:03] | You don’t seem your very usual ebullient self. | 今天不如平时活力四射 |
[26:06] | Actually, logan, i have to, um… | Logan 我得… |
[26:12] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[26:13] | What? | 什么? |
[26:15] | Having a friend like veronica — That’s important to me. | 能有一个像Veronica那样的好朋友 对我很重要 |
[26:19] | I’m just worried, you know? | 我很担心 明白吗 |
[26:22] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[26:25] | Yeah, i know. | 我明白 |
[26:32] | Okay. | 好的 |
[26:36] | So, i guess it’s true. | 看来是真的 |
[26:37] | Little futurure murderers play with dinosaurs | 看来未来的谋杀犯小时候也和大家一样 |
[26:39] | Like everyone else and have cuddly, old grandpas. | 玩恐龙玩具 有慈祥年老的祖父 |
[26:44] | Hey, tim, i may have something. | Tim 我好像有发现 |
[26:47] | Me too. | 我也是 |
[26:52] | This was on the fridge. | 冰箱上贴着这个 |
[26:54] | Hmm. That certainly could be a bar. | 更像是酒吧 |
[26:55] | ??? | 难道他们改建过了? |
[26:57] | You think this is the same place? | 是同一个地方吗 |
[26:59] | Hmm. | 嗯 |
[27:01] | What’s that? | 那是什么? |
[27:02] | It was in the office trash. | 书房里找到的 没什么用 |
[27:06] | What’s he doing with a disposable cellphone? | 他用一次性手机干什么? |
[27:09] | Get a pen and paper. | 给我纸和笔 |
[27:11] | What are you doing? Redial. | – 干什么? – 重拨 |
[27:15] | J.D.: Hello? | 你好? |
[27:15] | Hi! This is k.R.A.C. Fm. | 嗨 这里调频K-RAC |
[27:18] | Congratulations! | 恭喜 |
[27:20] | You may have just won a new ipod. | 您获得了一台崭新的iPod |
[27:21] | To claim your prize, press “pound.” | 确认获奖 请按键 |
[27:29] | Please hold. | 请稍后 |
[27:32] | Oh! So you get the phone number, then we look it up, | 哦 这样就能得到电话号码 继续追查 |
[27:33] | And then you track down the address, right? | 找到地址 对吗 |
[27:36] | That’s one way to do it. | 这是方法一 |
[27:38] | Hi, it’s anna from k-Rac. How are you? | 嗨 我是K-Rac的Anna 你好吗 |
[27:41] | J.D.: Good. Is this real? | 很好 是真的吗 |
[27:42] | If you can tell me our call number. | 只要正确回答我们的收听频率 |
[27:45] | Yeah. 103.1 fm. | 调频103.1 |
[27:47] | And you win! | 你赢了 |
[27:49] | I just need you to confirm your name and address, | 再确认一下您的姓名住址 |
[27:51] | And the k-Rac-Ing good-Time van | K-RAC好时光货车 |
[27:53] | Will show up with your ipod. | 就会送货上门 |
[27:55] | Sure. J.D. Sansone. 18 wood, number 8. | 没问题 J.D. Sansone Emberwood 18号 8室 |
[28:07] | J.D. Sansone? | |
[28:09] | Yeah. Are you the radio people? | 是的 你们是电台的? |
[28:10] | My name is miss crockett. This is my partner, mr. Tubbs. | 我是Crockett小姐 这是我的搭档Tubbs先生 (<迈阿密风云>中的角色) |
[28:14] | We’re here conducting an investigation. | 我们来此进行调查 |
[28:17] | An “official” investigation. | 官方调查 |
[28:19] | For what? | 调查什么? |
[28:20] | How do you know hank landry? | 你怎么认识Hank Landry的? |
[28:22] | From, like, the juvie board. | 青少年犯罪管理会认识的 |
[28:24] | Can you explain? | 能解释一下吗 |
[28:25] | Just me and my buddies got nabbed | 我和朋友在药店被逮到 |
[28:27] | Stealing cough syrup from a drugstore. | 偷咳嗽药水 |
[28:28] | Woman: j.D.! Homework — Now! | J.D. 快做作业 |
[28:32] | Who is it? | 是谁? |
[28:34] | Mom, this is crockett and, uh, tubbs, yeah. | 妈妈 这是Crockett和Tubbs |
[28:39] | They’re doing an investigation. | 他们在查案子 |
[28:45] | So, it was blackmail? | 敲诈勒索? |
[28:47] | Hank was on the juvie board overseeing her son. | Hank在青少年犯罪管理处监督她儿子 |
[28:49] | The kid was one strike away from foster care. | 她差一点就要被剥夺监护权了 |
[28:52] | She says she was on her lunch break the other day | 她说 有一天她在午休 |
[28:54] | And hank called and threatened to take the kid off probation | Hank打电话来威胁说 要结束她孩子的观察期 |
[28:56] | Unless she showed up at that convenience store | 除非她肯去便利店 |
[28:58] | And said she saw landry the night of the murder. | 说谋杀当晚见过Landry |
[29:01] | And landry? | 那Landry人呢 |
[29:02] | Still gone. No leads. | 失踪中 毫无头绪 |
[29:04] | We’re kind of busy, so if you two — | 我们现在很忙 所以如果你们… |
[29:06] | That’s why we wanted to bring you these. | 所以我们给你带来了这个 |
[29:10] | Veronica: on the tapes botando had, | Botando偷听的录音里 |
[29:11] | Landry referred to “papa’s cabin.” | Landry提到了”爸爸的小屋” |
[29:13] | Like it was a getaway or hideout. | 似乎是个流亡地 藏匿所 |
[29:15] | We searched his house for ideas where that might be. | 我们搜查了他的房子 想找到地点线索 |
[29:18] | No property records, but we found these. | 没有房产记录 但发现了这些 |
[29:20] | We’re not sure if this is the same place or not. | 不知道是不是同一个地方 |
[29:22] | Do we know anything about landry’s dad? | 有Landry爸爸的资料吗 |
[29:23] | Grandfather. He called him “papa.” | 是祖父 他叫他”爸爸” |
[29:25] | Brewer landry lives in florida. | Brewer Landry住在佛罗里达州 |
[29:27] | This doesn’t look like florida. | 照片不像佛罗里达 |
[29:29] | It looks like the mountains. Those are aspen trees. | 好像是山 那是白杨树 |
[29:32] | Quaking aspens, so western mountains. | 是毛白杨树 肯定是西部 |
[29:34] | And on this one, you can actually make out | 这张可以看到 |
[29:36] | The license plate on this truck — | 卡车的牌照 |
[29:38] | Navy letters on white. | 是白色的海军字母 |
[29:39] | The most common pattern, so it could be anywhere — | 很常见 任何地方都有可能 |
[29:42] | Virginia, alabama, illinois, kansas. | 弗吉尼亚州 亚拉巴马州 伊利诺斯州 堪萨斯州 |
[29:44] | Quaking aspens — Western u.S. | 毛白杨树 美国西部 |
[29:46] | Okay. | 好 俄勒冈州 华盛顿州 威斯康星州 犹他州 加州 |
[29:46] | So, oregon, washington, wisconsin, utah, or california. | 好 俄勒冈州 华盛顿州 威斯康星州 犹他州 加州 |
[29:50] | California has red state letters. So does washington. | 加州的字母是红色的 华盛顿州也是 |
[29:52] | Not on the endangered animals specialized plates. | 灭绝动物特殊牌照上不是 |
[29:55] | That could be a whale. | 可能是头鲸 |
[29:56] | Or a lake, as in crater lake — | 可能是湖 火山湖 |
[29:59] | A specialized oregon plate. | 特制的俄勒冈州牌照 |
[30:00] | Or “papa” could be ernest hemingway. | “爸爸”可能是欧内斯特・海明威 |
[30:06] | Papa’s cabin. | 爸爸的小屋 |
[30:16] | Keith: “papa’s cabin — Cabo san lucas. | “爸爸的小屋 Cabo San Lucas |
[30:18] | Unwind at the hideaway once beloved by ernest hemingway.” | 海明威最爱的世外桃源 远离尘世” |
[30:51] | Anything? | 有发现吗 |
[30:52] | A pretty positive i.D. From the manager. | 经理确认是他 |
[30:54] | The guy didn’t rent the room. | 没有租房间 |
[30:55] | Just paid for the motorboat. | 只付了汽艇的钱 |
[31:46] | Hello! | 有人吗 |
[31:54] | I didn’t kill him, keith. | 我没有杀他 Keith |
[31:56] | You must know this little trip to mexico | 这次墨西哥旅程 |
[31:57] | Might lead me to take that statement with a grain of salt. | 让我对你的供词有所保留 |
[32:02] | It was her. | 是她干的 |
[32:03] | Mindy? | |
[32:05] | She did it, keith. | 是她干的 Keith |
[32:06] | All i did for her and she set me up. | 我为她牺牲了这么多 她却陷害我 |
[32:10] | I tried to cover for her, put it on botando. | 我替她掩饰 嫁祸Botando |
[32:14] | The keyboard? | 键盘? |
[32:15] | I just switched it with the dean’s. | 我把校长的键盘换成他的 |
[32:18] | It might have worked, too. | 本来一切天衣无缝 |
[32:21] | But then you took over as sheriff. | 但后来你接手了探长工作 |
[32:25] | Where is she, hank? Where’s mindy? | 她在哪儿 Hank?Mindy呢 |
[32:29] | There was an accident. | 出了意外 |
[32:31] | I just wanted to dock, | 我只是想靠岸 |
[32:32] | Find out how she could turn on me like that. | 问清楚她到底为什么这么对我 |
[32:36] | She must have thought i was gonna kill her. | 她以为我要杀她 |
[32:40] | We fought… | 我们起了争执 |
[32:42] | And i hit her, | 我打了她 |
[32:44] | And she fell… | 她掉下去了 |
[32:47] | …over. | 掉到海里 |
[32:51] | It was dark. | 天很黑 |
[32:53] | I looked, but… | 我找过了 但是… |
[32:57] | But what? | 但是什么? |
[32:59] | Where is she, hank? | 她在哪儿 Hank? |
[33:02] | I swear — | 我发誓 |
[33:04] | I swear, keith, it was an accident. | 我发誓 Keith 这是意外 |
[33:26] | Mars. | |
[33:27] | On a last-Name basis now? | 我们只能以姓相称 |
[33:29] | We skipped right over androgynous nicknames? | 跳过绰号昵称了? |
[33:32] | I tried calling you “chuckles,” but it didn’t stick. | 我想叫你”开心果” 但是叫不出口 |
[33:35] | You know, some people are afraid of you. | 有人很怕你 |
[33:37] | Huh. | |
[33:38] | So, what’s up, echolls? | 什么事 Echolls? |
[33:41] | Nothing. Just, uh… | 没什么 不过 |
[33:45] | I wanted to… ask you about something. | 我想…问你一件事 |
[33:47] | It’s kind of weird, but… | 有点尴尬 不过 |
[33:52] | I was thinking of asking parker out, | 我想约Parker出去 |
[33:53] | And i wanted to make sure it was cool with you. | 想先跟你确认一下 |
[33:56] | Veronica, are you coming in? | Veronica 你来吗 |
[33:58] | Yeah. One second. | 等一下 |
[34:01] | Of course. Thank you for asking. | 没问题 谢谢来问我 |
[34:05] | Sure. I know we’re friends. | 没事儿 我们是朋友嘛 |
[34:07] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[34:10] | See ya. | 回见 |
[34:12] | Good luck. | 祝你好运 |
[34:16] | Oh, uh, thanks for coming in. | 多谢你能来 |
[34:18] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[34:23] | Uh… | 呃 |
[34:25] | So since landry’s been, you know, arrested… | 自从Landry被捕后 |
[34:30] | Well, it’s kind of caught everyone by surprise, | 所有人都大吃一惊 |
[34:34] | Including me, as you know. | 包括我 你也知道 |
[34:35] | Yeah. It kind of caught everyone by surprise. | 是啊 人人都大吃一惊 |
[34:39] | Anyway, i’ve been asked to take over his classes | 总之 在找到代课教授前 |
[34:41] | Until they can find a replacement, | 我将接手他的课程 |
[34:44] | And it’s kind of a big job, | 工作量很大 |
[34:45] | And as you are kind of the…star pupil, | 你是班里的优等生 |
[34:49] | I was hoping you might, uh, be my t.A. | 所以我希望你能当我的助教 |
[34:54] | While i try to get a handle on all this. | 我来应付这些 |
[34:57] | ‘Cause i could really use the help. | 急需帮助 |
[35:00] | Of course. | 没问题 |
[35:01] | Great. | 太好了 |
[35:05] | Can you pick up my dry cleaning? | 能到干洗店把我的衣服拿回来吗 |
[35:12] | So, as you probably know, | 你们可能已经听说了 |
[35:14] | Uh, professor landry is no longer with us. | Landry教授已经走了 |
[35:19] | I will be your instructor for the time being. | 我将暂时担任你们的讲师 |
[35:22] | So if you’ll take your handouts from the webber text — | 请大家把讲义拿出来 (大学教授因谋杀Hearst学院校长夫妇被捕) |
[35:25] | Yes? | 请说 |
[35:26] | What happened? | 出什么事了? |
[35:28] | What do you mean? | 你指什么? |
[35:29] | I mean, our professor murdered the dean. | 教授杀了校长 |
[35:31] | Can’t we discuss that? | 这个可以讨论吗 |
[35:33] | I mean, this is criminology, right? | 这可是犯罪学课程啊 对吗 |
[35:36] | Well, it’s a little awkward for me… | 我觉得有点尴尬 |
[35:43] | …but okay. | 不过 好吧 |
[35:45] | This is criminology. | 这的确是犯罪学课程 |
[35:48] | So, landry kills o’dell. | Landry杀了O’Dell |
[35:52] | A crime of passion? | 激情犯罪? |
[35:55] | Opportunity? | 机会? |
[35:57] | Premeditation? | 预谋? |
[35:58] | What do we know? | 有已知线索吗 |
[35:59] | Well, passion clearly was a factor. | 激情肯定是原因之一 |
[36:02] | Dean o’dell’s wife, mindy, | O’Dell校长的妻子 Mindy |
[36:03] | And landry were engaged in an affair. | 和Landry有婚外情 |
[36:06] | The dean caught them, threatened to ruin them, | 被校长捉奸在床 威胁他们 |
[36:08] | Destroy landry’s career. | 毁了Landry的事业 |
[36:09] | So motives — Pretty much a classic — | 所以动机是典型的… |
[36:11] | Is it true he got the idea | 他是不是真的从 |
[36:12] | From one of our perfect-Murder papers? | 我们一份完美谋杀论文里找到灵感的? |
[36:16] | Possibly. | 有可能 |
[36:17] | Again, opportunity. | 还是机会 |
[36:20] | The idea in this paper probably suited the situation. | 这份论文的主题和当时的情况很吻合 |
[36:22] | He knew he had a limited window to act. | 他知道机会不多了 |
[36:25] | He knew the dean was drunk and upset, | 他知道校长醉酒烦乱 |
[36:30] | And he had a gun. | 而且手里有枪 |
[36:33] | So a fake suicide suited the circumstances. | 伪装自杀符合当时的环境 |
[36:37] | Any chance the dean’s wife helped set him up? | 校长妻子会不会是共谋? |
[36:39] | He was drugged, right? | 校长被下药了 对吗 |
[36:41] | An antianxiety drug, yes, but he had a prescription. | 是抗焦虑药 但他有处方 |
[36:44] | Now, is it possible they colluded? | 他们会不会是共谋? |
[36:47] | Yes. | 有可能 |
[36:49] | Will we ever know? | 真相如何? |
[36:50] | Well, with mindy dead and landry not speaking, probably not. | Mindy已经死了 Landry不肯开口 所以我们可能永远不知道真相 |
[36:55] | Landry was a smart man, | Landry是个聪明人 |
[36:56] | But the bloody clothes he thought he incinerated | 但他自以为焚烧成灰的血衣 |
[36:58] | Got stuck in a chute, | 被堵在管子里了 |
[37:01] | And once they were found, everything unraveled. | 一旦发现 真相大白 |
[37:04] | Another interesting thing about this case | 这个案子还有一个有趣的地方 |
[37:06] | Is once a perpetrator starts improvising, | 一旦犯罪者开始即兴圆谎 |
[37:09] | The sloppier his work becomes. | 就越来越容易暴露 |
[37:12] | They find the bloody clothes, | 血衣找到了 |
[37:14] | So landry first tries to frame mrs. O’dell’s ex-Husband, | Landry一开始打算陷害O’Dell太太的前夫 |
[37:18] | And then, when he was arrested — | 后来 他在这间课堂上被捕 |
[37:20] | In this room, as you all remember — | 你们都还记得吧 |
[37:24] | He fakes an alibi. | 他伪造了时间证人 |
[37:26] | How? | 怎么办到的? |
[37:27] | He called a woman whose son | 他打电话给一个女人 |
[37:28] | He oversaw in the juvenile probation board. | 她的儿子在青少年 犯罪管理处受Landry督导 |
[37:30] | It might have worked, actually, | 本来一切天衣无缝 |
[37:33] | If the phone he had called them with hadn’t been found. | 但找到了他们联系时用的手机 |
[37:36] | Again — Chance. | 再说一遍 意外 |
[37:40] | If you remember from reading holst, | 还记得Holst怎么说吗 |
[37:43] | 80% of — | 80%的… |
[37:47] | Veronica? | |
[37:48] | When? | 什么时候? |
[37:50] | Uh, when what? | 什么什么时候? |
[37:51] | When did he call her? | 他什么时候联系她的? |
[37:53] | Landry was arrested here | Landry在这里被捕后 |
[37:54] | And taken straight to the sheriff’s department. | 被直接带到了探长办公室 |
[37:58] | When did he have the time to make the blackmail call | 他哪来的时间打电话胁迫他们 |
[38:00] | To fake his alibi? | 作伪证? |
[38:01] | Well, uh, someone mentioned the possibility | 有人提到 |
[38:04] | That he and mindy colluded. | 他和Mindy可能是共谋 |
[38:06] | She could have called while — | 她可以替他打… |
[38:07] | It was a male voice on the phone. | 是个男人打电话的 |
[38:09] | Then it’s possible he called earlier, | 那也许是他之前打的 |
[38:11] | Anticipating his arrest. | 料到自己会被捕 |
[38:12] | Remember — This is a man who, at this point, | 记住 他当时 |
[38:14] | Knew his crime had been exposed. | 知道自己阴谋暴露 |
[38:17] | He knew mindy was under investigation | 知道Mindy受警方调查 |
[38:19] | And had sent her children to relatives in england. | 并把孩子们送去英国 |
[38:23] | He could easily have assumed that she had turned against him. | 轻而易举就能猜出 Mindy出卖他了 |
[38:25] | Anyway, in 80% of cases, | 总之 80%此类案件 |
[38:29] | [Clears throat] the breakthrough evidence was — | 突破性证据 |
[38:32] | Was obtained outside the usual police protocols… | 都是通过非警方惯例程序获得的 |
[38:41] | Which is an interesting point of — Of holst, | Holst的这一观点 |
[38:42] | I think, he makes here, is that… | 我觉得 很有趣 |
[38:47] | Veronica? | |
[38:51] | How did you know she sent her kids to england? | 你怎么知道她送孩子去英国? |
[38:55] | I’m actually not sure, but — | 我不确定 但是 |
[38:56] | So whoever bugged landry’s phone | 窃听Landry电话的那个人 |
[38:58] | Knew that the dean caught mindy and landry together | 一定知道Mindy和Landry被校长捉奸在床 |
[39:02] | And that the dean was drunk in his office? | 而且校长醉死在办公室? |
[39:04] | Well, if you’re suggesting botando killed them, | 如果你假设是Botando干的 |
[39:06] | It’s possible. | 的确有这个可能 |
[39:07] | If you follow the thread through — | 如果你紧跟线索 |
[39:08] | So this person would also be aware | 所以这个人也知道 |
[39:10] | That professor landry shot down your chances | Landry教授毁了你 |
[39:12] | For a teaching job at pepperdine. | 到Pepperdine大学任教的机会 |
[39:15] | Oh, my god. Did you hear what she just said? | 天啊 听到了吗 |
[39:17] | Yes, if they listened — | 是的 如果他们听了… |
[39:18] | To all the tapes… | 所有的录音 |
[39:22] | Which it sounds like you did. | 你好像也全听过 |
[39:24] | I’m — | 我… |
[39:26] | I’m not sure i understand. | 我不明白你的… |
[39:27] | I do. | 我明白 |
[39:30] | When my dad called to tell me | 我爸爸打电话告诉我 |
[39:31] | That mindy had sent her kids to relatives in england, | Mindy把孩子送到英国亲戚那儿时 |
[39:34] | You couldn’t have heard. | 你不可能听得到 |
[39:36] | You were in a convenience store talking to a stripper. | 你当时在便利店和脱衣舞娘攀谈 |
[39:41] | You bugged my phone. You bugged landry’s phone. | 你偷听了我的电话 偷听了Landry的电话 |
[39:45] | You knew he shot down your job application. | 你知道他毁了你的求职申请 |
[39:47] | You knew the dean threatened him. | 你知道校长威胁过他 |
[39:48] | You knew the dean was zonked out on xanax | 你知道校长服了安定药 喝了苏格兰酒 |
[39:51] | And scotch in his office, | 在办公室昏昏欲睡 |
[39:52] | And you had access to landry’s clothes. | 你能拿到Landry的衣物 |
[39:55] | You murdered dean o’dell to destroy professor landry… | 你杀了O’Dell校长 嫁祸Landry教授 |
[40:00] | Because he used you, then betrayed you. | 因为他利用你 背叛你 |
[40:02] | And when he said he had an alibi, you faked it, | 他说有证人 你就伪造一个 |
[40:05] | So you’d be sure he’d go down… | 保证他中你的圈套 |
[40:09] | And he’ll change his mind about you not being that smart. | 如果他知道你这么聪明 肯定会改主意的 |
[40:22] | Woman: and in a shocking development | 本地一起谋杀案 |
[40:24] | In a local murder investigation, | 有了令人震惊的新进展 |
[40:26] | Timothy foyle, | 原犯罪嫌疑人 |
[40:27] | The teaching assistant of accused killer hank landry, | Hank Landry的助教Timothy Foyle |
[40:31] | Has confessed to the murder of cyrus o’dell. | 承认是他杀害了Cyrus O’Dell |
[40:34] | Veronica: the one big downside of justice — | 正义的黑暗面 |
[40:36] | It feels good, but it doesn’t change anything. | 虽然大快人心 但无法改变事实 |
[40:39] | A killer’s in jail, but the dean is still dead, | 凶手锒铛入狱 校长仍无法生还 |
[40:41] | Which remains fundamentally unfair. | 归根到底 实在不公平 |
[40:47] | You got a confession? | 他交代了? |
[40:49] | I am that good. | 我真厉害 |
[40:51] | So it’s true what they say — | 他们说 |
[40:52] | There’s a new sheriff in town? | 会有一个新探长 是真的吗 |
[40:54] | Until the special election, anyway. | 要等到特别选举后吧 |
[40:58] | What you making? | 你做了什么? 土豆烧肉 |
[40:58] | Meat and potatoes. | 你做了什么? 土豆烧肉 |
[41:00] | I read somewhere that’s what real men eat. | 我在哪儿读到 男子汉就该吃这个 |
[41:02] | Is there a real man coming over? | 会有男子汉来吗 |
[41:05] | So, what’s gonna happen to landry? | Landry会怎么样? |
[41:07] | He’s gonna be tried for manslaughter. | 他会以一般杀人罪被起诉 |
[41:09] | He killed mindy o’dell. He confessed, too. | 他承认杀了Mindy O’Dell |
[41:11] | Man. You get everyone to confess. | 厉害 人人都招供了 |
[41:14] | I think it’s the uniform. | 肯定是警服的作用 |
[41:16] | Do you have anything to confess? | 你有什么要坦白吗 |
[41:18] | Yes. You embarrass me. | 有 你让我尴尬 |
[41:20] | Give me my meat, woman. | 把肉给我 女人 |
[41:23] | Woman: and in other news, | 另一条消息 |
[41:25] | A san diego businessman was found dead | 一名圣地亚哥商人被发现 |
[41:27] | In his laguna beach house. | 死于其Laguna海滩别墅内 |
[41:29] | Turn that off, will you? | 关掉 好吗 |
[41:32] | The discovery was made by his private secretary… | 尸体是其私人秘书发现的 |
[41:34] | You know i don’t like you exposed | 我不想让你一直接触 |
[41:35] | To all this crime and violence. | 犯罪暴力 |
[41:36] | It’s gonna warp your mind. | 会把人逼疯的 |
[41:45] | Who am i kidding? | 开玩笑吗 |
[41:49] | Police have yet to make a ruling on the case. | 警方已着手调查 |