时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:11] | What does the omnibus crime control | 《综合犯罪控制和街道安全法案》中 |
[00:13] | And safe streets act make illegal? | 哪项是不合法的? |
[00:14] | Electronic surveillance without judicial authorization. | 未被授权的电子监视 (该法规定了侦听管理的基本内容) |
[00:19] | What was that? | 那是什么? |
[00:21] | I’m taking my p. I. Exam tomorrow. | 明天我要参加P.I.(私家侦探)考试 |
[00:24] | He’s ensuring his legacy. | 他只是在确保他后继有人 |
[00:25] | He’s nervous for you. That’s sweet. | 他在为你担心 感觉真好 |
[00:27] | He should be nervous for himself. | 他要替自己担心了 |
[00:30] | I’m gonna beat his score. | 我会破了他的纪录 |
[00:31] | Then I’m gonna dine on that shared knowledge for a lifetime. | 下半辈子可以一同谋生了 下列哪种情况不适宜使用 |
[00:35] | A passive infrared detector would not be the best choice | |
[00:38] | Under which of the following conditions | 被动红外探测器 |
[00:40] | A, overhead doors, | “A” 高空 |
[00:42] | B, significant changes in temperature, c… | “B” 温度差异较大的 “C” |
[00:45] | B. Why don’t you bug Piz for a while? | “B” 你为什么不去考考Piz? 好吧 Piz 你在看什么? |
[00:48] | So, Piz, what are you studying? | |
[00:52] | Apollo… | |
[00:54] | Bukenya. | 他也在Hearst上学 |
[00:55] | Yeah, he actually goes to Hearst, and he wrote this, | 他也在Hearst上学 并写了这个 “回忆录” 是这么说吧 |
[00:57] | uh, memoir, I guess you’d call it. | |
[01:00] | What could a college kid possibly have | 一个大学生 怎么可能 写什么回忆录? |
[01:02] | To put in a memoir? | |
[01:04] | surviving spring break on 10 bucks a day? | 靠10美元一天过完春假? |
[01:06] | He was a child soldier in Uganda. | 他曾是乌干达的娃娃兵 |
[01:09] | He never knew his father. | 不知生父是谁 |
[01:10] | The rebel army put a gun in his hand when he was 6 years old. | 他六岁时 叛军杀了他母亲 并给了他一把枪 |
[01:13] | Oh. | 哦 |
[01:15] | Somehow he managed to escape as a teenager | 哦 不管怎样 10多岁时 他逃了出来 |
[01:17] | And get to the states. | 并来到了美国 |
[01:18] | I’m interviewing him on my radio show tomorrow, and I’m just prepping. | 明天 我的电台节目要采访他 我正在做准备 |
[01:20] | The book’s already been optioned as a movie | 这本书已经被购买了电影版权 |
[01:23] | Middle six figures. | 50万哦 |
[01:24] | Plus, he’s been booked on Oprah, | 另外 他要被”Oprah”邀请了 (Oprah:全美最成功的脱口秀主持人) |
[01:26] | But Piz got him first. | 不过Piz第一个请到他 |
[01:31] | What? | 怎么了? |
[01:32] | It’s just so refreshing to hear | 只是感觉挺新鲜 |
[01:34] | One of your gentleman callers have more to talk about | 你的来访者中 终于有一个 |
[01:37] | Than how high the waves are breaking. | 不再只是谈论 他能冲多高的浪 |
[01:41] | Hello, hello? | 你好? 啊哦 |
[01:43] | Uh oh. | |
[01:45] | What? | 怎么? |
[01:47] | Dad likes you? Kiss of death? | 老爸心疼你 好心帮倒忙 |
[01:50] | What was the address? | 地址是什么? |
[01:53] | Two of them? | 他们两个? |
[01:54] | We’ve just had our seventh home burglary | 过去的13天里 已经发生 |
[01:57] | In the past 13 days. | 7起入室盗窃案了 |
[01:59] | Seventh. | 7起– |
[02:01] | That’s what the papers begin referring to as a crime wave. | 媒体已经开始提到犯罪高峰 |
[02:04] | In six of the seven, | 7起中的6起 |
[02:05] | The burglars have also stolen cars from the residences. | 窃贼甚至还偷走了车 |
[02:08] | All the burglaries occurred in our favorite zip code. | 所有的盗窃案都是发生在 我们特别关注的地区 大家都知道 那些不太安分的地区 |
[02:12] | As you know, the residents… are an impatient lot. | |
[02:16] | Now, the one car we recovered | 现在 我们发现一辆车 |
[02:17] | Had switched plates with a car in a supermarket parking lot. | 和超市停车场里的车换了车牌 |
[02:21] | Jerry will hand out printouts detailing the hot spots. | Jerry发给大家的 是打印出来的重要信息 |
[02:24] | Stolen goods might start popping up soon. | 赃物应该会很快露面的 |
[02:27] | Kitsitz, horowitz, | |
[02:29] | Drop in on the pawnshops and all known fences. | 去当铺和所有黑货市场看看 弱肉强食的世界里 人人都在找工作 |
[02:54] | The job fair has everyone here | |
[02:57] | In a feeding frenzy. | |
[02:58] | Real jobs for overachieving seniors | 好工作属于上进的毕业生 |
[03:01] | And volunteer work for | 志愿者都是那些经验不足的新人 |
[03:04] | Me, the job I’m waiting on, | 我所等待的这份工作 成功几率相当于我能中六合彩 |
[03:06] | I would have been better off buying a lottery ticket. | |
[03:11] | Not long after I escaped, | 我逃离后不久 |
[03:13] | I was at an evac hospital, | 发现自己在后送医院 |
[03:15] | And a very kindhearted nurse was trying to comfort me, | 一个和蔼可亲的护士 正在努力安慰我 |
[03:19] | Telling me that what I did was not my fault | 她说 我的所做所为并不是我的错 |
[03:21] | Because I was just a child. | 我只是个孩子 |
[03:24] | What I have to live with today is the knowledge that, | 现在我所获得的经验是 |
[03:28] | When my abductors coaxed | 当别人诱惑我 |
[03:29] | Or rather, brainwashed me into an instrument of violence, | 更有甚者 用暴力来为我洗脑时 |
[03:33] | I was left with not just the ability, | 我所得到的不仅仅是抵御的能力 |
[03:37] | But the appetite to kill. | 更有杀人的欲望 今天的嘉宾是Apollo Bukenya |
[03:39] | My guest is Apollo Bukenya, | |
[03:43] | A Hearst student | Hearst大学的学生 他奇迹般的逃离了 乌干达的圣主抵抗军组织 |
[03:45] | Who miraculously escaped the LRA in Uganda. | |
[03:48] | Apollo, you dedicate “Soldier of misfortune” | Apollo 你把这本”厄运之卒” |
[03:51] | To your adviser here at Hearst, | 献给Hearst大学的你的导师 |
[03:54] | Professor Lisa Tonin, who is here with us. | Lisa Tonin教授 她也来到了现场 |
[03:56] | I owe her a great deal of gratitude. | 我对她非常的感激 |
[03:58] | There would be no book without her. | 没有她 就没有这本书 |
[04:00] | I understand she knew you before you came to Hearst. | 我听说 你来Hearst之前 就认识她 |
[04:03] | She did. | 是的 |
[04:04] | She actually read a short story I wrote when I was 15 | 事实上 她读了我15岁时写的短篇 |
[04:08] | And called me. | 就给我打了电话 |
[04:10] | She’s been my friend and mentor ever since. | 那时起 她成了我的良师益友 |
[04:13] | Professor Tonin? | Tonin教授? |
[04:14] | Well, of course, I’m flattered, | 哦 当然 他过奖了 |
[04:16] | But the truth is that Apollo has taught me | 事实上Apollo教给我的 |
[04:19] | Much more than I have taught him. | 比我教给他的更多 |
[04:21] | Ahh. | 啊 |
[04:23] | You realize you’re the radio host version | 你知道 你是个电台主持人版的 |
[04:26] | Of a rock star, right? | 摇滚明星 是吧? |
[04:28] | I don’t know what the groupie procedure is | 尽管我不知道 作为崇拜者 |
[04:30] | for this scenario, | 对此我该如何做 |
[04:32] | But I might have to throw my panties at you. | 不过也许我会朝你扔小裤裤的 |
[04:35] | Or I could autograph you. | 要不 我给你签个名 |
[04:36] | I believe we have some sharpies laying around. | 我想周围应该还有不少精明人在 我有些事要说 |
[04:40] | So, I have news. | |
[04:43] | I got offered an internship with Pitchfork Media. | Pitchfork Media给我提供了实习机会 |
[04:45] | It’s pretty much the most highly regarded | 它是网络上最受欢迎的 |
[04:48] | Music review publication on the internet. | 乐评出版商 |
[04:50] | Piz, that’s fantastic! | Piz 真是太棒了! |
[04:51] | I’d work with the most important critics in the business, | 我会和著名的评论家一起工作 |
[04:53] | See bands when they’re on the verge of breaking, | 采访那些即将解散的乐队 |
[04:55] | Might even get to do a few reviews myself, | 甚至还能出自己的乐评 |
[04:57] | So I can really get my snob on. | 我可以真正入行了 |
[05:00] | Their offices are in New York, | 他们总部在纽约 |
[05:02] | Which could be cool, right? | 很棒 是不是? |
[05:05] | Supercool, you lucky dog! | 酷毙了 你这幸运的家伙! 12个星期的纽约之行 |
[05:07] | 12 weeks in the big apple. | |
[05:09] | Everything’s coming up Piznarski. | Piznarski前途无量 |
[05:17] | Sheriff? | 探长? |
[05:18] | Veronica’s on the phone. | 探长? Veronica的电话 |
[05:20] | Thanks. | 多谢 95分 |
[05:22] | Ninety-five. | |
[05:24] | You passed. | 你通过了 |
[05:26] | Yeah, I passed, | 是的 我通过了 |
[05:27] | And I beat your score by 2 points. | 还高了你2分 |
[05:30] | But don’t worry, dad. | 别担心 爸爸 |
[05:31] | I’ll still lob in the token call from time to time | 我还是会经常象征性的接接电话 |
[05:34] | Asking for advice, thereby validating your existence. | 问问你的意见 以显示你的地位 |
[05:37] | Honey? | 宝贝? |
[05:38] | Yeah? | 怎么? |
[05:39] | I made a ninety-seven. | 我得了97分 |
[05:43] | It’s beneath you to lie to me in this, my finest hour. | 撒这么个谎 就为了 在我最高兴的时候泼我冷水 |
[05:48] | Are you at your desk? | 你在你办公室? |
[05:49] | No. | 没有 |
[05:50] | Are you at my desk? | 没有 那在我的办公室? |
[05:53] | Yes. | 是的 |
[05:54] | Then this will be easy. | 那就简单了 |
[05:56] | Pull out my middle drawer. | 打开中间那个抽屉 |
[05:58] | I had a feeling this moment would come. | 我预感这一时刻会到来 |
[06:01] | You see it there? | 看见了嘛? 看见了 |
[06:02] | Yep. | |
[06:04] | Sweetie, maybe you should go sit back down | 甜心 也许你该坐回 |
[06:07] | At the receptionist’s desk. | 你的接待座位 |
[06:08] | Got to go. Duty calls. | 要挂了 有活儿了 |
[06:14] | Mars Investigations. Detective Mars speaking. | Mars侦探所 我是Mars侦探 |
[06:17] | Yes, I believe I have discovered a son | 你好 我知道我有个 |
[06:21] | I never knew I had. | 未曾谋面的儿子 |
[06:22] | Okay, and you’d like us to track this boy down? | 好的 你是想找到他吗? |
[06:25] | No, I know where he is. | 不 我知道他在哪儿 |
[06:27] | I want proof he’s, in fact, my son. | 我想证明 他是不是我儿子 |
[06:31] | His name is Apollo, Apollo Bukenya. | 他的名字叫 Apollo– |
[06:36] | Veronica Mars | |
[06:38] | 3×18 – I Know What You’ll Do Next Summer | |
[06:41] | Transcipt: vitac.com Syncro: Camilla [VeronicaMars.it] | |
[07:00] | Vieni a trovarci! | |
[07:02] | veronicamars.it | |
[07:08] | There was no struggle, no protest, no crying. | “没有丝毫抵抗 辩驳和哭泣 |
[07:13] | She just told me to go with the soldiers. | 她只是告诉我 跟着士兵走 |
[07:15] | I can’t imagine how afraid for me she must have been. | 我不知道 她当时有多担心我 |
[07:19] | I never saw my mother again. | 自此 我未再见过我妈妈” |
[07:23] | So imagine what it’ll mean if I can reunite him | 想想 如果能让他和未曾谋面的父亲相聚 |
[07:27] | With the father he’s never met. | 那将意味着什么 |
[07:29] | What? | 怎么了? |
[07:31] | It’s like the NBA. | 就象NBA |
[07:33] | Fatherless boy makes good, | 没有父亲的孩子开始大展身手 |
[07:35] | The dough starts rolling in, | 父亲再次出现 |
[07:36] | And here comes long lost daddy expecting a payday. | 不就是巴望着他们的钱 |
[07:39] | It’s not the same thing. | 别把这事相提并论 |
[07:41] | The world is upside down. | 这世界就是这么黑白颠倒 |
[07:42] | Veronica Mars wants to believe in miracles, | Veronica Mars相信奇迹 |
[07:45] | And I’m the cynical one. | 而我 比较愤世嫉俗 |
[07:46] | It’s not like he can lie about it. | 他不可能为此撒谎 |
[07:47] | There will be a paternity test. | 会做亲子鉴定的 |
[07:49] | So what are you gonna do? Steal a dna sample from Apollo? | 那你打算怎么做? 偷Apollo的DNA样本? |
[07:53] | Kizza doesn’t want me to steal anything. | Kizza不希望我去偷什么 |
[07:54] | He doesn’t even want Apollo told about the possibility | 除非他确定他们是亲生父子 |
[07:57] | Until he’s more certain they’re father and son. | 否则他也不想让Apollo知道 |
[07:59] | So how are you supposed to prove it? | 那你怎么去证明? |
[08:01] | He e mailed me a pdf of a letter he has | 他电邮给我一封信的图片 |
[08:03] | From a woman he claims is Apollo’s mother. | 他说是Apollo的母亲写给他的 |
[08:05] | So if I can get a look at anything Apollo might have | 如果我可以有机会看一眼 |
[08:08] | With his mom’s handwriting | Apollo母亲亲笔写的东西– |
[08:09] | Maybe you can make miracles happen. | 也许你可以再创奇迹 那么 作为职业侦探 你有何感想? |
[08:11] | So, how does it feel to be a professional detective? | |
[08:15] | Great. | 感觉很棒 |
[08:16] | Know how much I’m making on my first professional case? | 知道我正式办理的的第一个案件 能挣多少钱嘛? |
[08:19] | Nada. | 一毛也没有 |
[08:20] | He’s scraped just enough together | 如果算好消息的话 他的钱只够 |
[08:22] | For a cheap plane ticket if the news is good. | 买一张廉价飞机票 |
[08:25] | He had to e mail me the letter from a kinko’s. | 他还得用电子邮件给我发一封Kinko的信 |
[08:27] | I have to wait on his calls from the pay phone | 我得等着他 从纽约的公寓里 |
[08:29] | In his New York boardinghouse. | 打付费电话给我 |
[08:31] | Yeah, that’s not a guy looking for a payday. | 是啊 那不象是个嗜财的老爹 告诉你室友 我来过 |
[08:33] | Tell your roommate I came by | |
[08:35] | Hoping to kill time between classes, | 想来消磨下课余时间 |
[08:38] | Getting to second base, then left unsatisfied. | 现在赶着去上课 很失望的离开了 |
[08:40] | He’s a good guy, Veronica. | 他人不错 Veronica |
[08:43] | Try not to rip out his heart. | 别伤他太深了 |
[08:47] | Tommy, I’m curious. | Tommy 我很疑惑 |
[08:48] | How is it that you found yourself | 你怎么会发现 |
[08:50] | In possession of jewelry reported stolen | 2家被报失窃的珠宝 |
[08:52] | From two separate homes? | 会同时出现在你这里? |
[08:56] | The owner of Brody’s pawn | Brody当铺负责人说 |
[08:57] | Said you were quite anxious to unload said merchandise. | 你在当上述物品时 非常紧张 |
[09:00] | Don’t answer that. | 别说话 |
[09:05] | Can you tell me where you were two nights ago | 你能告诉我 2天前的晚上 |
[09:07] | Between 9:00 and 11:00? | 9点到11点期间 你在哪儿? |
[09:08] | Don’t answer that. | 别说话 |
[09:09] | I was so fond of you when I was a private detective. | 我做私人侦探时 对你印象还不错 |
[09:12] | Then I hope you’ll understand | 那你也该明白 为什么你指望不了我的选票 |
[09:13] | why you shouldn’t expect my vote in the upcoming election? | |
[09:18] | The break-ins were professional jobs | 入室案都是老手干的– |
[09:20] | Topflight security systems disabled. | 最好的保全系统也不起作用 |
[09:23] | Try not to be offended, Tommy, when I suggest | 不是冒犯你 Tommy 我假定 |
[09:25] | That perhaps you are not the leader of the crew. | 也许你并不是这伙人的首脑 |
[09:28] | You mind telling me who is? | 能告诉我 是谁嘛? |
[09:31] | Why don’t you just put me back in my cell, | 不如把我扔回拘留所 等保释我的人来了再说 |
[09:34] | Let me know when the bail Bondsman gets here? | |
[09:38] | Anxious to get back to the River Styx, Tommy? | 害怕你会被扔回River Styx (Fitzpatricks家的酒吧) Tommy? |
[09:41] | Mr. Shaw here works with the Fitzpatricks. | 这里的Shaw和Fitzpatricks一起工作 |
[09:44] | I got what I needed. | 我已经掌握想要的信息了 |
[09:46] | Deputy, take our friend back to the cell he enjoys so much. | 副警长 带我们的朋友 去他最喜欢的牢房吧 |
[09:56] | Hi, Apollo? | 嗨 Apollo? |
[09:58] | Um, I’m Veronica Mars. | 恩 我是Veronica Mars |
[10:00] | I’m a reporter for the Hearst Free Press. | 我是Hearst校报的记者 |
[10:03] | We met at your radio interview, | 电台访问时曾见过 我希望能够写篇你的报道 你写了那本书 |
[10:04] | And I’m hoping to do a story on you, too. | |
[10:06] | You wrote the book | |
[10:08] | So people would know what’s happening there. | 大家会想知道那儿发生的事 |
[10:10] | I know. | 我明白 |
[10:11] | Sure. I’ve got some time later today. | 没问题 晚些时候我有空 |
[10:14] | Does that work for you? | 你有时间嘛? |
[10:16] | Mm hmm. | 当然 |
[10:17] | My point is that white flour is essentially poison. | 我觉得 吃精白面粉对身体有害 你回家跟我们一起吃个几周 |
[10:20] | You’ll see. Couple weeks, you’ll be home eating with us. | |
[10:22] | You’ll feel like a new person. | 你就会感觉… |
[10:24] | I rely pretty heavily on my morning bagel. | 我觉得早餐的百吉饼很营养 |
[10:25] | Which is exactly why you need to be without it. | 显然 你不能再吃它了 |
[10:28] | Oh, and I was able to pull a few strings and get you | 哦 我曾跟你提过 我能帮你 在收发室找到一份工作 |
[10:29] | That job in the mailroom I was telling you about. | |
[10:31] | Parker. Elbows. | Parker 胳膊肘 |
[10:34] | It’s only for a few weeks but it’s enough for you to make some spending money | 在我们去你Louise阿姨家前 |
[10:37] | Before we leave for your aunt louise’s. | 应该足够当你的零用钱了 |
[10:38] | Thanks, dad, but I was thinking of looking for a job, | 谢了爸爸 可是我正在考虑找份工作 |
[10:42] | Like, at a daycare or something. | 象是日托或其他什么 |
[10:44] | So you can spend the summer with a cold | 然后感冒整个夏天 |
[10:46] | And ruin everyone’s vacation? I don’t think so. | 毁了所有人的假期? 我可不想这样 |
[10:48] | So, Logan, what sort of career are you pursuing? | 那么 Logan你打算从事什么职业? |
[10:56] | – Oh, sorry. Were you about to… – Yeah. | 哦 对不起 你是不是要– |
[10:58] | Apollo, you’ve got a visitor. | 是的 Apollo 有人找你 |
[11:02] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[11:03] | Come in. Take a seat. | 进来 坐吧 |
[11:11] | Oh! | 哦! |
[11:13] | Please don’t lead your story | 希望你的报道不会提到 |
[11:15] | On how I like to play Grand Theft Auto. | 我是如何喜欢玩“侠盗车手” |
[11:18] | Make me sound less frivolous. | 别让人觉得我轻浮 |
[11:23] | Sometimes we’d be sent on waves | 有时候 我们被轮番派上阵 |
[11:26] | where the tactic was to overpower our enemies | 目的是 通过人数上的车轮战术 |
[11:28] | Through sheer weight of numbers. | 攻破敌人 |
[11:31] | We were divided into two units | 我们被分成2组 |
[11:33] | And given drugs to ready us to fight. | 并分配了药物以备战斗 |
[11:35] | I would make myself vomit up the drugs, | 我吐掉了那些药 |
[11:38] | Then convince the two leaders | 然后分别告诉两个队长 |
[11:39] | I was going to be in the other’s unit. | 我会在另一个小组 |
[11:42] | Instead, I’d hide in the bush | 事实上 我躲在树丛里 |
[11:44] | And blend in with the returning fighters. | 并混入归来的那组队伍里 |
[11:48] | To stay alive, one had to think quickly. | 为了生存 你没有时间去考虑 |
[11:51] | What’s that survivor slogan? | “幸存者”的那句格言是什么? (“幸存者”是一个真人秀节目) |
[11:53] | Outwit, outplay, outlast? | “大智慧 高技巧 超耐力” |
[11:57] | I was a survivor. | 我也是个幸存者 |
[12:02] | Now, Veronica, did you have more questions? | Veronica 还有什么问题吗? 啊… |
[12:05] | Um… | |
[12:09] | Uh… | 呃… |
[12:11] | Let’s talk about the days before your conscription. | 谈谈你被征兵前的事吧 |
[12:18] | I really think they liked me. | 我觉得他们喜欢我 |
[12:20] | Yeah, I don’t really think | 是的 不过我认为 |
[12:23] | You survived the googling. | 他们用google的话你可就不妙了 |
[12:30] | Is it wrong that I’d rather be trampled by horses | 不跟父母过暑假而去被马虐待 |
[12:33] | Than spend the summer with my parents? | 你说我做错了嘛? |
[12:36] | No, the horses are a much better option. | 不 我觉得宁愿被马虐待的 我还能做别的嘛? |
[12:39] | what else am I gonna do? | |
[12:43] | I didn’t sign up for classes or request any summer housing. | 我没有注册课程 也没有地方住 你可以住这里 |
[12:46] | You could stay here. | |
[12:49] | I’m sorry. I’m a little stunned. | 是真的嘛?我有点吃惊 真太好了 |
[12:52] | That is so sweet. | |
[12:54] | It’s just moving in, that’s kind of a big step. | 只是 搬来住 意味着更近了一步 |
[12:58] | Oh, I meant you could stay here. | 哦 我是说你可以住这里 |
[13:01] | I’ll be gone most of the summer, | 整个夏天我都不在这里 |
[13:02] | So you’d have the whole place to yourself. | 所以 这里都归你了 |
[13:03] | Where are you going? | 你去哪儿? |
[13:04] | Going to South America to surf with Dick. | 和Dick一起去南美洲 |
[13:07] | For the whole summer? | 去一个夏天? |
[13:09] | You were going home to Denver. | 你也要回丹佛的家 |
[13:11] | Yeah, which is a two hour flight from here. | 是的 但只有两小时的飞机 |
[13:14] | I thought we’d see each other. | 我以为 我们还能见到面 |
[13:18] | I’m sorry. I’ve been planning this thing with Dick for a while. | 很抱歉 我和Dick已经计划很久了 |
[13:20] | I don’t understand where we’re at | 我不明白我们到底什么关系 |
[13:22] | if you’re not gonna see me for three months and that’s cool with you. | 你见不到我 还坦然自若的 |
[13:25] | It’s not cool with me. I just didn’t think about it. | 我不是坦然自若 只是没想到 |
[13:29] | It’s a surf trip, Parker. It has nothing to do with us. | 那只是次冲浪旅行 PARKER 不会影响我们的关系 我被绑架的那天 我妈妈不能因为我 |
[13:33] | The day I was kidnapped, | |
[13:36] | My mother couldn’t really put up a fight for me | |
[13:39] | Without risking others’ lives. | 而牺牲其他人的性命来相搏 |
[13:41] | But later that night, she came to the camp | 但那天晚上 她来到营地 |
[13:44] | To beg my captors to give me back to her. | 请求抓我的人能把我还给她 |
[13:47] | I wasn’t there. | |
[13:48] | This is just what my best friend, James, told me. | 我已经不在那儿了 是我最好的朋友James告诉我的 当他们发现 James认识我妈妈 |
[13:51] | And when they saw that James knew my mother, | |
[13:58] | They made him shoot her. | 他们叫他射杀了她 我非常抱歉 |
[14:05] | I’m so sorry. | |
[14:12] | Do you have anything from her | 你还留有她的遗物嘛 |
[14:14] | Pictures, personal items, mementos? | 照片 私人物品 纪念品? 我被捕那天 妈妈带我去市场 |
[14:18] | The day I was captured, | |
[14:21] | My mother sent me to the market. | |
[14:26] | I carried the shopping list in my pocket for years. | 这些年来我一直保存着那张购物单 |
[14:31] | Do you still have it? | 你还带着嘛? 介不介意我换个光线好点的地方? 笔迹完全一致 |
[14:46] | Do you mind if I move into better light? | |
[15:01] | A perfect match. | |
[15:07] | You’re sure this doesn’t bother you to talk about? | 你确信 我跟你说这些不会烦到你? |
[15:11] | Positive. | 当然不会 |
[15:13] | Logan’s going surfing in South America, for the whole summer. | LOGAN要去南美洲冲浪 整个夏天 |
[15:16] | Never mentioned it. The whole summer. | -别提他了 -整个夏天? |
[15:18] | What is that? | 那算什么? |
[15:19] | Is that how he is, | 那算什么? 他天生这样 |
[15:21] | Or is that just how he is with me? | 还是 他只是对我这样? 应该说就是…天生如此 |
[15:24] | It’s kind of just… how he is. | |
[15:28] | Why is that not more comforting? | 为什么 还没觉得好过点 |
[15:33] | So, Mac’s not around to talk about this stuff? | Mac没跟你聊过这些事? |
[15:37] | Mac’s fallen into the black hole of new love. | Mac已经陷入新恋情的旋涡了 |
[15:41] | She only comes up for air. | 偶尔上来透口气 |
[15:44] | How you guys doing? | 你们好啊? |
[15:46] | I’m wearing a different shirt, just so you know. | 我穿了另一件衬衫 如你所知 |
[15:48] | – Uh huh. – Keep it. | 恩 不用找了 |
[15:57] | I have to, have to, have to | 我明天 必须 一定 绝对 |
[15:59] | Go to my morning classes tomorrow. | 要去上早晨的课 |
[16:01] | Getting lost in the sex nap eat repeat loop. | 就快迷失在“性-睡-吃”的怪圈里了 |
[16:04] | I’m in the porn version of Groundhog Day. | 好象自己象在演情色版的“偷天情缘”? |
[16:06] | Poundhog day? | “偷爱情缘”? |
[16:08] | When’s the last time you went to class? | 你最后一次去上课是什么时候? |
[16:11] | Uh, february. | 呃 二月吧 |
[16:12] | Are you kidding? | 你说真的? |
[16:14] | Business has been booming. | 业务太繁忙了 |
[16:15] | My classes have kind of fallen by the wayside. | 我的课都已经半途而废了 |
[16:18] | So now begins the 11th hour cram session. | 现在要开始加倍努力了 不 不 不 不 不用了 离终点只有几步之遥了(应该是指退学) |
[16:21] | No, no, no, no, no, I’m done. | |
[16:23] | The countdown to my expulsion has begun. | |
[16:25] | Frankly, it’s liberating. | 坦白说 就快自由了 恩 |
[16:42] | You were just waiting for me to start pulling out books? | 你是在等我把书都抽出来? |
[16:45] | No, I’m just browsing. | 不 我只是在浏览 |
[16:47] | Boning up on your south american culture? | 恶补南美文化? 或者是葡萄牙语会话? 如果你会去里约(巴西首都)– |
[16:49] | Conversational portuguese, perhaps? | |
[16:52] | If you’re gonna be that close to Rio… | |
[16:54] | How do you know about my trip? | 你怎么知道我的行程? |
[16:57] | Parker mentioned it. | Parker提到过 |
[17:02] | Did my fan club meet today? | 你们今天见过面了? |
[17:04] | Thought you guys only met on wednesdays. | 还以为你们只在星期三见呢 |
[17:06] | Look, she was bummed you didn’t tell her about the trip. | 你没有告诉她旅行的事 她觉得很不安 |
[17:10] | And you took turns sticking pins in your Logan dolls? | 那你有没有落井下石? |
[17:13] | No, I told her that’s just how you are. | 没有 我告诉她 你只是天生如此 |
[17:26] | Crack her open. We’re celebrating. | 打开她 我们要庆祝下 |
[17:28] | I was offered another internship. | 我又有另一个实习机会了 |
[17:31] | People are just falling all over themselves to not pay you. | 好象人人都无比崇拜你 恨不得你去似的 |
[17:34] | It’s a good feeling. | 感觉真不错 |
[17:35] | So, this one is at a radio station | 这次是一个广播电台– |
[17:38] | Krac, right here in Neptune. | KRAC 就在Neptune镇 |
[17:41] | All right. | 很好 |
[17:43] | It’s not glamorous as the Pitchfork gig, | 它没有Pitchfork那么棒 而且只是排名前40 有点失望 |
[17:45] | And it’s top 40, which makes my parts hurt, | |
[17:48] | But it’s radio. | 不过那是电台 |
[17:49] | I don’t know. Pitchfork is music I’m into. | 我不知道 Pitchfork的音乐让我着迷 |
[17:52] | It’s New York, which is good… | 它在纽约 让我兴奋… |
[17:56] | …and bad. | 也很失落 |
[17:58] | What do you want to end up doing, | 你希望做什么 |
[17:59] | Like, in the long run? | 比如 你的长期打算? |
[18:01] | I want to be in radio. | 我想去电台 |
[18:03] | Then you should take whatever internship will get you there. | 那你就选择 能达成你愿望的机会 |
[18:09] | Hello? | 你好? |
[18:11] | Kizza, good news. Can you catch the red eye? | Kizza 好消息 你可以连夜赶来嘛? |
[18:22] | Hi, Apollo, it’s Veronica. | 嗨 Apollo 我是Veronica 我还有些事想要告诉你 |
[18:23] | I’ve got something else I need to talk to you about. | |
[18:27] | Yeah, Veronica, glad you called. | 是嘛 Veronica 很高兴接到你的电话 |
[18:29] | I wanted to talk to you, too. | 我也有事想告诉你 |
[18:31] | Could you come meet me at the library? | 可以来图书馆和我见个面嘛? |
[18:35] | Sheriff Mars, as I live and breath. | Mars长官 我还活得好好的 |
[18:39] | Liam. Thanks for stopping by. | Liam 多谢你能来 |
[18:42] | Well, the deputy you sent asked so politely. | 是你派来的副警长太有礼貌了 |
[18:45] | Please take a seat. | 请随便坐 |
[18:46] | Okay. | 好的 |
[18:48] | Looks good. | 挺惬意啊 我先前抓了你的一个手下 Tommy Shaw |
[18:49] | I had one of your boys in here earlier Tommy Shaw. | |
[18:53] | He was trying to unload goods | 他正打算出售的东西正是 |
[18:54] | Stolen from this string of burglaries. | 最近系列盗窃案的失窃赃物 |
[18:57] | How is Tommy doing these days? | Tommy最近怎么样? |
[18:59] | I don’t think I’ve seen that boy | 我想 从他妈妈05年清醒过来之后 我就再没见过那个孩子 |
[19:01] | Since his mother’s wake back in ’05. | |
[19:03] | You’re working on a third strike, Liam. | 你是在又一次宣战 Liam |
[19:05] | You might consider quitting while you’re ahead. | 如果是你带头的话 你最好考虑退出 |
[19:08] | Keith, we both know my trip down here | 我们都知道 如果你有什么证据 |
[19:11] | Wouldn’t have been voluntary if you had anything. | 我就不会这么自觉来这里了 |
[19:14] | Nothing yet, | 现在还没 |
[19:15] | But I’m gonna keep picking off your flunkies. | 不过 我会继续抓你的手下 |
[19:18] | Eventually, one of them | 最终 总有一个 |
[19:19] | Is gonna trade me 10 years for your name. | 会同意用10年减刑来指证你的 |
[19:23] | And a word of caution | 提醒你一句 |
[19:24] | Don Lamb’s no longer in charge here. | Don Lamb不再是这里的负责人 |
[19:27] | You speaking ill of the dead, Keith? | 你这是说死人的坏话 Keith |
[19:30] | Wow, ’cause, from what I understand, | 哦 因为据我所知 若犯罪率依旧居高不下 你这个位子也坐不了多久了 |
[19:33] | This crime wave doesn’t let up, | |
[19:37] | You won’t be in charge long either. | |
[19:42] | Course, maybe these robberies will stop | 当然 如果我知道Kendall Casablancas |
[19:46] | If I find out what happened to Kendall Casablancas | 和我的钱到底去了哪里 |
[19:50] | And my money. | 也许盗窃案会停止 |
[19:54] | Kendall’s dead, and I suspect your brother buried her | Kendall死了 我猜你兄弟把她埋在 |
[19:57] | In a shallow grave in the desert. | 沙漠的某个小浅滩边 |
[19:59] | As for the money, it was never yours. | 至于那笔钱 它不再属于你 |
[20:10] | Wouldn’t bother unpacking. | 希望他还没打开 |
[20:17] | Veronica, glad you can make it. | Veronica 很高兴你能来 |
[20:19] | There’s someone I want you to meet. | 我想让你见个人 |
[20:23] | This is Wilson Behan, editor of the Free Press. | 这位是Wilson Behan 校报的记者 |
[20:27] | He requested an interview. | 他想要采访我 |
[20:29] | Hey, Veronica. | 嘿 Veronica |
[20:31] | I don’t remember assigning you to do a story on Apollo. | 我似乎没派你来采访Apollo |
[20:39] | Well… | 好吧 |
[20:41] | I’m gonna let you two sort this out. | 你们还是自己解决吧 |
[20:50] | All right, I wasn’t assigned to you by the school paper. | 没错 我不是校报的 |
[20:54] | The truth is, I work as a private investigator, | 事实是 我是一个私家侦探 |
[20:57] | And I was hired by a man who believes he’s your father. | 有个家伙儿自称是你的父亲 他雇了我 |
[21:04] | Who is he? | 他叫什么 |
[21:05] | His name is Kizza Oneko. | 他叫Kizza Oneko |
[21:07] | He had this. | 他手上有一封信 信上告诉Kizza利用一切机会 |
[21:13] | It’s a letter telling Kizza | |
[21:15] | To take an opportunity To leave Uganda for America. | 逃离乌干达到美国去 |
[21:19] | The war had separated them. | 战争将他们分离 |
[21:21] | Kizza says he left | Kizza说他走的时候 |
[21:23] | Not knowing your mother was pregnant. | 并不知道你妈妈当时已经怀孕了 |
[21:25] | Recognize the handwriting? | 认得这笔迹吗 我给你看的那张购物清单 |
[21:28] | The grocery list I showed you | |
[21:30] | My hometown paper printed it. | 它是用我家乡的纸张印的 |
[21:32] | This Kizza person simply forged this. | 这个叫Kizza的人很容易 就能伪造 我们还可以用其他方法来证明 你们是否是父子关系 |
[21:35] | We’ll prove his paternity one way or the other | |
[21:40] | With a blood test. | 比如用亲子鉴定 |
[21:41] | No, we won’t. | 不 不行 |
[21:50] | It’s not the ethics of what Max is doing that bothers me. | 我所担心的并不是Max所做的事 在道德上有什么不对 |
[21:54] | At least I can rationalize that away, | 至少我可以给自己一个合理的解释 |
[21:56] | ‘Cause I had it filed away in my head | 我把他所做的事归为 |
[21:58] | As a college lark, | 一种大学校园里的胡闹 |
[22:00] | A unique way for a philosophy major to make some extra cash. | 一种哲学系学生挣钱的特殊方式 |
[22:02] | In its own way, it showed all these qualities I admire. | 就这件事本身而言 我很欣赏 他所展现出来的这些特质 |
[22:05] | He’s dedicated, he’s got a keen business sense, | 他有献身精神 他有灵敏的商业头脑 |
[22:08] | And, let’s face it, he’s good at what he does. | 让我们面对现实 他对现在所干的事很在行 |
[22:10] | Helps people cheat. | 帮别人作弊 |
[22:12] | Yeah, that. | 没错 就是那样 |
[22:15] | But today, when he said he was flunking out of school and he didn’t care | 但是今天 他告诉我他马上就要 因考试不及格被勒令退学 |
[22:17] | he was just gonna get an off-campus apartment next year, | 然后他就会去校外租一套公寓 |
[22:20] | and keep doing what he does, | 继续做他的生意 |
[22:21] | It was like looking into a crystal ball, | 这就像是往水晶球里看 (指用水晶球占卜) |
[22:23] | And I didn’t like what I saw. | 而且我不喜欢我所看到的 |
[22:25] | What did you see? | 你看到了什么 |
[22:26] | Me falling completely in love with him, | 我 丧失理智的完完全全的 爱上了他 |
[22:29] | Losing all reason, ending up hosting candle parties | 最后落得个整天在家开烛光派对 |
[22:32] | And selling family heirlooms on ebay. | 靠在ebay上卖传家宝过日子的下场 我很有可能走到那一步 |
[22:34] | I have the potential to go down that road. | |
[22:37] | No, you don’t. | 不会的 会的 爱情让我变懒了 爱情杀死了我不少的脑细胞 |
[22:38] | I do. Love makes me lazy. It’s a dangerous drug. | 会的 爱情让我变懒了 爱情杀死了我不少的脑细胞 比冰毒还厉害 你这几天脑细胞数量还多不多 我还会做长除法 |
[22:41] | Kills more brain cells than crystal meth. | |
[22:44] | How’your cell count these days? | |
[22:46] | Hmm, I can still do long division, | |
[22:48] | But I can’t quite remember all the continents. | 但我好像记不太清 每个洲的名字了 |
[22:51] | So Pizneyland is the happiest place on earth? | 那么说来Piz洲地球上最幸福的洲 |
[22:54] | Happy enough. | 的确很幸福 |
[22:55] | There’s no roller coaster, | 虽然没有过山车 |
[22:56] | But I think I can do without the adrenaline and nausea. | 但是没了刺激和反胃的感觉 (指坐过山车)我依然很开心 嗯 |
[23:01] | Hi, it’s Veronica Mars. | 嗨 我是Veronica Mars |
[23:03] | I’m trying to track down Apollo. | 我在找Apollo |
[23:05] | I’ve left several messages on his cellphone. | 我给他手机留了几条语音信息 |
[23:08] | Oh, I’m sorry. Yeah, he hasn’t been around. | 噢 抱歉 他不在 |
[23:11] | Any idea where he might be? | 你知道他去哪了吗 |
[23:12] | Olympia’s, maybe? | 也许去Olympia那里了 |
[23:14] | You know who might know is Zeke Molinda. | 也许Zeke Molinda知道 |
[23:17] | He’s one of the guys from the African Student Alliance. | 他是非裔学生联盟的成员 |
[23:19] | Oh, wait, you know what? I don’t think they’re even speaking anymore. | 噢 等等 他们好像闹翻了 |
[23:22] | They had some sort of falling out. | 他们之前吵了一架 |
[23:24] | Uh, have you checked with dr. Tonin? | 厄 你问过Tonin教授没 |
[23:27] | I mean, she’s practically his mum. | 她就像是他的妈妈 你提供的信息很有用 |
[23:29] | That’ll get me started. | |
[23:31] | Thanks. Bye. | 谢谢 再见 你一定是Kizza |
[23:33] | You must be Kizza. | |
[23:35] | Yes, uh, I’m looking for detective Mars. | 对 厄 我来找Mars侦探 |
[23:39] | I’m detective Mars. | 我是Mar侦探 你只是个小女孩 你才十几岁 |
[23:40] | You’re just a girl. You’re a teenager. | |
[23:44] | A girl, a teenager, and a private detective. | 小女孩 才十几岁 还是个私人侦探 |
[23:47] | I’m a triple threat. Barely fits on my business card. | 我是个 三面手 名片上没印 |
[23:50] | You are the person who’s arranging a meeting with my son? | 你会安排我和我儿子见面的吗 |
[23:52] | I am. Unfortunately, your son isn’t as available | 没错 不过不幸的是 你儿子现在不能像我设想的 |
[23:55] | As I thought he would be. | 那样来见你 |
[23:57] | I’m having a little trouble locating him right now, | 我还没能找到他 |
[24:00] | But I have several leads. | 不过我有线索了 |
[24:09] | We’ve been pretty vocal supporters | 我们可一直很支持你 |
[24:11] | Of your candidacy, Keith. | 竞选的 Keith |
[24:12] | It’s becoming more difficult. | 现在有点麻烦了 |
[24:14] | There are others at the homeowners association | 有人在业主协会建议 |
[24:16] | Suggesting we should bng in mr. Van Lowe, | 我们应该让Van Lowe先生来试试 |
[24:18] | See what he’s all about. | 看看他的表现如何 |
[24:20] | I appreciate the heads up, Carl. | 我很感激你的提醒 Carl 我觉得我们找对了方向 |
[24:23] | I think we’re on the right track, | |
[24:25] | But it may take some time. | 但还需要花点时间 |
[24:26] | The election’s in two weeks. You don’t have time. | 选举两周后就要举行了 你没时间了 |
[24:29] | Here’s the data you asked for, Keith. | 这是你要的数据 Keith |
[24:34] | What kind of home security system you got, Carl? | 你家使用的是哪种保安系统 Carl |
[24:37] | Safehouse. | Safehouse系统 |
[24:38] | You might want to replace it. | 你应该换一个了 |
[24:44] | Hey, can we talk for a second? | 嘿 我们能谈谈吗 |
[24:45] | I have a class. | 我要去上课了 |
[24:46] | I don’t want to get into a whole thing. | 我不想卷入整件事情 |
[24:49] | There’no whole thing. | 没有所谓整件事情 |
[24:50] | I want to talk to you about the surf trip. | 我想和你聊聊冲浪旅行的事 |
[24:53] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[24:54] | Kissing is cheating, | 如果接吻都是骗人的 |
[24:56] | And what I don’t know will hurt me. | 那么我所不知道的就会伤害我的 你跟我一起去吧 你要我和你及Dick一起 |
[25:00] | You should come with me. | |
[25:02] | You want me to come to South America | |
[25:05] | With you and Dick? | 去南美 |
[25:06] | I meant it when I said that I didn’t think about | 我说我没想过要 |
[25:09] | Being away from you for three months. | 和你分开三个月 我那时是认真的 |
[25:12] | Now I have. | 现在我考虑过了 |
[25:14] | I have to process things. It’s just what I’m like. | 我做事要慢慢来 这就是我 噢 我的天啊 |
[25:17] | Oh, my god! | |
[25:27] | Olympia, you wouldn’t happen to know | Olympia 你也许知道Apollo |
[25:29] | Where I might find Apollo? | 在哪儿 |
[25:30] | I know he’s avoiding you. | 我知道他不想见你 |
[25:32] | Veronica, I think he should meet the guy, get tested. | Veronica 我也觉得他应该去 见见那个人 去做个亲子鉴定 |
[25:36] | If I see him again, I’ll keep working on him. | 如果我见到他 我会继续做他工作的 |
[25:40] | I wish I could help you. | 我真希望我能帮你 |
[25:42] | To tell you the truth, I’m starting to worry about him. | 说实话 我真的有点担心他了 |
[25:46] | Will you let me know if you find him? | 如果你找到他 能不能通知我 |
[25:59] | Hi, Zeke? | 嗨 你是Zeke吗 |
[26:00] | Yes. | 我是 |
[26:02] | I’m Veronica. I’m trying to find Apollo Bukenya. | 我是Veronica 我正在找 |
[26:04] | You’re looking in the wrong place. | 你找错地方了 |
[26:06] | We don’t talk anymore. | 我们已经闹翻了 |
[26:08] | I heard. This is kind of last ditch. | 我听说了 似乎到了无可挽回的地步了 |
[26:11] | Sorry to bother you. | 抱歉打扰你了 你找他干什么 |
[26:12] | What do you need him for? | |
[26:17] | I’m doing a story on him. | 我正想采访他 |
[26:21] | In that case, I’ve got your lead. | 如果是那样的话 我可以给你条线索 |
[26:24] | He didn’t write “Soldier of misfortune”. | 厄运之卒 这本书不是他写的 |
[26:27] | His adviser did. | 他的顾问写的 |
[26:28] | He knows it, and he knows I know it. | 他知道的 他还知道我也知道这件事 |
[26:33] | So Apollo told his adviser the story of his life, | 那么是Apollo把他的故事 告诉了他的顾问 |
[26:36] | And she wrote the book? | 然后她写了这本书 |
[26:37] | Not exactly. | 不完全正确 |
[26:39] | The stories in Apollo’s book are true for many others. | Apollo书里的那些故事都是发生 在其他人身上的一些真人真事 |
[26:42] | They simply didn’t happen to him. | 只是他自己的一件也没有 |
[26:44] | He was never conscripted. | 他从没被征兵过 |
[26:53] | Zeke was Apollo’s roommate freshman year. | Zeke曾是Apollo一年级时的室友 |
[26:55] | He says Apollo told him all about his life, | 他说Apollo把所有的经历都告诉了他 |
[26:58] | But until “Soldier of misfortune” came out, | 但是直到 厄运之卒这本书面世 |
[27:00] | Never included anything | 他都从没听说过Apollo在 |
[27:01] | About being a child soldier in the LRA. | 圣主抵抗军 当过儿童兵的任何事 那么我该怎么办 |
[27:04] | So what should I do? | |
[27:09] | I don’t know. Nothing? | 我不知道 什么都别做 |
[27:12] | I’m serious, Veronica. | 我是认真的 Veronica |
[27:15] | It’s a fact that there are child soldiers in Africa. | 非洲有儿童兵 这是事实 |
[27:18] | There’s this organization, Invisible Children, | 有这样一个组织 无形的孩子们 他们派志愿者去乌干达 |
[27:21] | That sends volunteers over to Uganda | |
[27:23] | To help protect the kids there. | 去帮助和保护那里的孩子 |
[27:26] | They have a booth up at the job fair. | 他们在人才市场那里设了个亭 |
[27:28] | There was a crowd around it today about five people deep. | 今天那里人很多 里里外外围了五层 |
[27:30] | I think I’m missing the point. | 我想我没搞清楚你想说什么 |
[27:33] | Everyone is there because of Apollo’s book. | 每个人都是冲着 Apollo的书才去那儿的 |
[27:36] | If you expose his book as a hoax, | 如果你揭露他的书是一个骗局 |
[27:37] | I promise you’ll be killing a lot more | 我保证你会被整的很惨 比他的写作生涯惨的多 |
[27:40] | Than his literary career. | |
[27:46] | Hello? | 你好 |
[27:48] | Veronica, hi, it’s Olympia. | Veronica 嗨 我是Olympia |
[27:49] | I just saw Apollo. He’s heading back to his room. | 我刚刚见过Apollo 他回寝室去了 |
[27:52] | I think he’s ready to talk. | 我想他已经准备好要谈谈了 |
[27:56] | No. No! | |
[27:59] | Are you kidding me? | 不 不 你在开什么玩笑 |
[28:01] | What about the first check? | 第一张支票怎么算 |
[28:04] | But I’ve already… | 但我已经 |
[28:06] | So they’re just gonna pull the plug, just like that? | 那么他们想收手了 是吗 好 好吧 |
[28:09] | Fine, fine. | |
[28:11] | I have lawyers, too. | 我也有律师 |
[28:16] | Sorry. Is this a bad time? | 抱歉 来的不是时候 |
[28:19] | No. No, now is fine. | 不 不 现在没关系 |
[28:21] | Just give me a second to take my laundry out of the machine | 让我先把洗衣机的衣服拿来 |
[28:24] | Before someone steals it. | 以防被别人偷走 |
[28:26] | I can wait. | 那我等你 |
[28:30] | Pull the plug, lawyers, checks? | 收手 律师 支票 |
[28:32] | To whom, pray tell, was the young mr. Bukenya speaking? | 年轻的Bukenya在和谁通电话 |
[28:41] | Hit redial. | 按重拨键 |
[28:43] | Silver Pictures. | 银色图文 |
[28:45] | Looks like “Soldier of misfortune” | 看来似乎”厄运之卒” |
[28:47] | Won’t be coming to a theater near you. | 无法登台亮相了 |
[28:56] | This man who claims to be my father | 这个自称是我父亲的人 |
[28:58] | Olympia convinced me. I want to meet him. | Olympia说服了我 我要见见他 |
[29:01] | I’ll take the blood test. | 我要做亲子鉴定 |
[29:02] | I’ll arrange it. | 我会安排的 你好 儿子 |
[29:06] | Hello, son. | |
[29:11] | Dad? | 爸爸 怎么 他们怎么会让你进我房间的 总之 我付钱了 |
[29:12] | What, they just let you in my room? | |
[29:14] | Well, I am paying for it, after all. | |
[29:16] | Really? I thought hundreds of saps who invested in your company | 是吗 我以为是投资你公司的几百个人 |
[29:19] | Were paying for it. | 付的钱 |
[29:20] | I feel better about myself already. | 我现在好多了 |
[29:24] | I, uh… | 我 厄 我自首了 我的律师都安排好了 |
[29:25] | I turned myself in. | |
[29:27] | My lawyer made all the arrangements. | |
[29:30] | I have a couple months before my incarceration. | 在入狱前我还能自由几个月 |
[29:33] | Tired of running, Dick. | Dick 我已经厌倦了亡命的日子了 我要向社会谢罪 然后把一切都了结了 |
[29:35] | I want to pay my debt to society and get it over with. | |
[29:38] | And what kind of debt did your lawyer negotiate? | 你的律师建议你采用 哪种谢罪方式 |
[29:40] | A year. | 一年有期徒刑 |
[29:43] | That’s exactly what this biker I went to high school with got | 这就相当于我偷了Huntington的 割草机后所付出的代价 |
[29:46] | For stealing the huntington’s lawn jockey. | 我交出上学时骑的机车 |
[29:48] | It’s good to be the king, huh? | 做老大的感觉不错吧 哈 我会考虑我蹲监狱这段时间 |
[29:51] | I’ll consider our societal flaws | |
[29:54] | During my yard time in the big house. | 我们两个之间所产生的代沟的 我八月底入狱 |
[30:00] | I turn myself in at the end of august. | |
[30:03] | At least we have a few months before then. | 至少我们还剩几个月在一起 |
[30:06] | I’ve rented a room a couple floors down. | 我在下面租了间房间 我想尽量和你多处点时间 |
[30:09] | I want to spend as much time as possible with you. | |
[30:12] | I’m gonna be gone most of the summer. | 这个暑假的大部分时间我都要出去 |
[30:13] | I’m going on this surf trip. | 我要去冲浪旅行 |
[30:14] | Surf trip? I’m going to jail, Dick. | 冲浪旅行? Dick 我要入狱了 |
[30:18] | I know. I’m sorry. I just | 我知道 抱歉 我只是 |
[30:20] | This is the only chance you have to be with your father, | 这是你和你父亲 待在一起的唯一机会 |
[30:22] | And you’re talking about a surf trip?! | 你却说什么冲浪旅行 |
[30:25] | Silver pictures? What is silver pictures? | 银色图文 什么是银色图文 |
[30:28] | It’s a company that makes movies. | 是一个电影制作公司 |
[30:30] | My point is, there’s not going to be a movie | 我认为 他们不会制作一部 |
[30:35] | Of “Soldier of misfortune”. | 叫做 “厄运之卒” 的电影 |
[30:36] | There’s not going to be a big check. | 没有大面额的支票 |
[30:39] | I suspect Oprah may tear Apollo a new one on national tv. | 我怀疑Oprah是否还会给 Apollo一个新的机会 |
[30:44] | What does Oprah have to do with… | 这和Oprah要做的事有什么关系 |
[30:45] | Mr. Oneko, if you tracked down Apollo | Oneko先生 如果你找Apollo是为了 |
[30:48] | In hopes of finding financial security, | 找到一份经济保障 |
[30:50] | I’m urging you to simply walk away. | 我劝你还是离开吧 |
[30:53] | He needs people around him who care about him. | 他需要周围关心他的人 |
[30:57] | If that’s not you, I can’t let… | 如果那不是你 我不能让 |
[30:59] | Miss Mars, had it not been for the war, | Mars小姐 要不是战争 |
[31:02] | I never would have left Uganda. | 我决不会离开乌干达 |
[31:05] | I came to New York, | 为了活命 我来到纽约 这里没有我的朋友 |
[31:07] | A place where I had no friends, no family, | |
[31:11] | As a means of survival. | 这里没有我的家人 |
[31:13] | I’m still alive, | 我还活着 |
[31:15] | But I’ve been alone for 21 years. | 但我已经孤独地生活了21年 |
[31:19] | I drive a cab. | 我是开出租车的 |
[31:21] | I go to school, | 我去学校进修 |
[31:26] | But I am lonely. | 但我还是很孤单 |
[31:27] | If this is my son, please let me be there | 如果他是我的儿子 请求你让我在他艰难的时期 |
[31:32] | To comfort him in this difficult time. | 呆在他身边抚慰他 |
[31:47] | I don’t think he’s coming. | 我想他不会来了 |
[31:51] | He’ll be here. | 他会的 |
[31:56] | You ever notice how the stained wood around the window | 你从未察觉到着色的窗框 |
[31:59] | Has the effect of shrinking the space? | 会让这里的空间显得狭小吗 |
[32:01] | I’m thinking something more of an eggshell, | 我在想如果这里能有些蛋壳色 |
[32:03] | Would really open it up in here. | 会令这里显得更宽敞 |
[32:05] | I should probably write that down. | 我也许应该记下来 |
[32:07] | Anyway, what can I do for you, Keith? | 我能为你做些什么 Keith |
[32:08] | I don’t suppose, Vinnie, you’ve noticed, | 你看 我不指望什么 Vinnie |
[32:11] | But there’s a criminal element in town | 但是镇上的犯罪份子们会 |
[32:13] | That would really love to see you as Sheriff. | 很乐意见到你当上警长的 |
[32:15] | Oh, what can I say? | 噢 我还能说些什么 |
[32:17] | I’m a walking big 10 party. | 我是个活生生的万人迷 |
[32:19] | Must be why the girls from the secretarial pool | 那一定就是那些秘书室的 姑娘们给我 |
[32:21] | Gave me that nickname. | 起这个外号的原因 你对Safehouse安全系统了解多少 |
[32:22] | What do you know about Safehouse Security Systems? | |
[32:26] | Hey, Sacksy, | 嘿 Sacksy |
[32:27] | Mind running out and getting a latte? | 请帮我出去买杯拿铁好吗 |
[32:30] | I can have him get you something, as well. | 我让他也给你带些东西 |
[32:32] | Safehouse? | Safehouse安全系统 |
[32:34] | Yeah, I did some consulting work for them. | 没错 我做过他们的顾问 |
[32:36] | You did. Did you know that all seven homes that have been burglarized | 你做过 你知道吗 那7所被盗的房子装的 |
[32:40] | Subscribe to safehouse? | 都是Safehouse安全系统 太巧了 |
[32:41] | Quite a co-inkydink. | |
[32:44] | You and the Fitzpatricks | 你和Fitzpatricks 是这一系列案件的最大收益者 |
[32:45] | Are the prime beneficiaries of those robberies. | |
[32:49] | I think you’re colluding with them. | 我认为你们两个和这件案子有关 |
[32:53] | Well, Keith, you are certainly entitled to your theory. | Keith 你的分析听上去 还真像那么回事儿 老实说 |
[32:57] | Question is… | 问题是 |
[33:01] | Can you prove it? | 你有证据吗 |
[33:08] | It’s been an hour. | 已经过了1个小时了 |
[33:12] | I’m so sorry, Apollo. | 抱歉 Apollo |
[33:14] | Sorry for what? | 为什么道歉 |
[33:16] | I expect nothing, so I’m rarely disappointed. | 我本来就没指望什么 所以我也不会失望 |
[33:26] | So, did you tell this Kizza person that I’m a fraud? | 那么 你有没有告诉那个 |
[33:30] | And that I won’t be coming into money | 叫Kizza的家伙我是个骗子 而且我也不会像文章里说得那样 |
[33:33] | As all the articles say? | 变得很有钱 我告诉他有这个可能性 |
[33:35] | I told him there was that possibility. | |
[33:40] | Good. | 很好 |
[33:45] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[33:46] | You did your part. | 你完成了你那部分工作 |
[33:53] | What do you mean, my part? | 你在说什么 我那部分工作 |
[33:55] | “Soldier of misfortune”. | 厄运之卒 |
[33:57] | The story is mine. I wrote every word of it. | 这是我的故事 每个字都是我写的 |
[34:00] | I needed to know whether this Kizza gentleman would show | 我想知道这位Kizza先生 是否会不在乎 |
[34:04] | Regardless of my stature and financial situation. | 我的声望和我的财务状况 |
[34:08] | So, everything I told him was… | 那么 我所告诉他的 一切都是 |
[34:11] | Disinformation, | 错误的信息 |
[34:13] | A plan to separate those I can trust | 一个区别那些人我是否 |
[34:17] | From those I can’t | 能够信任的方法 |
[34:19] | A plan like so many others. | 和许多其他方法一样 |
[34:21] | Zeke is actually a very good friend of mine. | Zeke真的是我的一个很好的朋友 |
[34:27] | Take care. | 保重 |
[34:32] | Mars Investigations. | Mars侦探事务所 |
[34:33] | So Veronica, why is there a detainee in my jail, | Veronica 为什么我这里的 |
[34:36] | Named Kizza Oneko | 一个名叫Kizza Oneko的拘留犯 |
[34:38] | Who asks for his one phone call to be made to you? | 指名要和你通电话 |
[34:40] | Apollo, wait. | Apollo 等等 他犯了什么事被拘留 |
[34:42] | Why is he being detained? | |
[34:44] | He was picked up driving a rental, With plates from a stolen car. | 有人看到他开着一辆 失窃拍照的出租车 |
[34:58] | Apollo. | |
[35:01] | Mr. Oneko, | Oneko先生 我很高兴我们能见面 |
[35:02] | I’m happy we have this chance to meet. | |
[35:06] | As am I. | 我也很高兴 |
[35:08] | Overjoyed, in fact. | 实际上 有点兴奋过头了 你妈妈用音乐之神的 名字为你取名 |
[35:11] | I’m not surprised your mother named you | |
[35:13] | For the god of music. | 我一点也不奇怪 她有本很宝贝的神话书 |
[35:15] | She had a book of mythology that she treasured. | |
[35:22] | I… I remember it well. It… | 我…我还记得 那本书… 她用那本书来教我读书 |
[35:26] | It is the book she used to teach me how to read. | |
[35:35] | Father? | 父亲 |
[35:48] | Would you like to hear about your mother | 你想不想听一些关于 |
[35:51] | As the young girl that I fell in love with? | 你母亲年轻时候 那个我所深爱的 女孩的事情 |
[36:09] | You sure you want to do this? | 你肯定你要这么做吗 |
[36:11] | It’s quite a commitment, and Africa’s a long way away. | 这是很郑重的许诺 非洲可是远在千里 |
[36:15] | I’m positive. | 我愿意 |
[36:17] | Okay. | |
[36:26] | I come with tales from the outside world. | 我从 外面的世界 带来了消息 |
[36:28] | Hey! | |
[36:31] | Oh, and, um, I brought these for you. | 噢 还有 厄 我还给你带来了这个 |
[36:34] | I was passing through the job fair, | 我正好路过人才市场 |
[36:36] | And, um, apparently, there are careers | 恩 很明显 有些工作需要像你 |
[36:39] | That a philosophy degree prepares you for, | 这样的哲学系毕业生 所以我拿了些过来 以防外一 |
[36:42] | So just thought I’d grab them, just in case. | |
[36:45] | I guess we need to talk about this, huh? | 我想我们得谈谈了 厄 |
[36:48] | Yeah, maybe. | 对 也许是该谈谈了 是这样的 |
[36:51] | Here’s the thing. | |
[36:52] | I make about $1,500 a week doing something I like. | 我干我喜欢的工作 一周挣1500美元 |
[36:58] | I’m gonna be doing this for a while. | 这份工作我要干一段时间 |
[37:01] | Not forever, but for a while. | 虽然不是永远 但也会有一阵子 |
[37:04] | I hope that doesn’t change things for you. | 我希望那不会影响你 |
[37:07] | I wish that it didn’t, but it kind of does. | 我倒是希望不会 但总有些影响 |
[37:12] | Well, that sucks. | 糟糕 |
[37:14] | Yeah, but I’m not sure how much it changes things. | 没错 但我不确定影响到底有多大 |
[37:19] | I want us to keep seeing each other. | 我希望我们能继续见面 |
[37:23] | Well, great. | 很好 |
[37:24] | Just can’t do the blissful love shack thing anymore. | 很好 只是再也不能老是呆在 这个快乐的爱情小屋里了 我要回到正常的生活轨道上去 行吗 |
[37:27] | I need to get back to my regularly scheduled life. | |
[37:31] | Is that cool? | |
[37:33] | So, do you have to get back to reality now or… | 那么你是现在就回到 现实中去还是 不用 还能缓上几个小时 |
[37:36] | No. | |
[37:39] | No, I got a couple hours. | |
[37:41] | Good. | 好极了 啊 啊 |
[38:03] | Son? | 儿子 |
[38:04] | Just so you know, | 只想让你知道 世界不会因为你的突然出现 而停止运转 |
[38:05] | The world doesn’t stop because you decided to show up. | |
[38:08] | Had I known it was interfering with your surfing schedule, | 如果我知道这样会 扰乱你的冲浪计划 |
[38:10] | I would have come sooner. | 我就会早点回来的 |
[38:11] | Like maybe for Cassidy’s funeral? | 早到能参加Cassidy的葬礼 这里是他死的地方 知道吗 |
[38:13] | This is where he died, you know? | |
[38:15] | I walk by the spot he splattered on every day. | 我每天都路过他跳楼的地方 |
[38:18] | You think I’m not sorry about Cassidy? | 你觉得Cassidy的事我不难过吗 |
[38:20] | What are you sorry for, dad? That he’s dead? | 你难过什么 爸爸 因为他死了吗 |
[38:22] | Of course. | |
[38:24] | You ever think he’s dead because of us, | 当然 你有没有想过 他是因为我们才会杀那些人的 |
[38:26] | or that he killed those people because of us?! | |
[38:27] | Son… | 我们过去常常比赛 |
[38:28] | We used to have contests to see which one of us could make him cry! | 我们过去常常比赛 看谁能够把他弄哭 |
[38:30] | I can barely live with myself sometimes, | 有时候我几乎都不想活了 |
[38:32] | And it’s so much easier when you’re not around! | 你不在身边时会好很多 |
[38:39] | Hey, listen, about our summer plans, | 嘿 听着 关于冲浪旅行 我知道你觉得那样不爽 但是我 决定不去了 |
[38:41] | I know you’re gonna think this is uncool, but I kind of broke down and- | |
[38:44] | I can’t go. | |
[38:46] | What? | |
[38:47] | Yeah, the trip’s not gonna happen | 什么 对 不会有什么旅行了 |
[38:48] | My dad’s back, | 我爸爸回来了 |
[38:50] | Wants me to spend time with him before he goes to jail. | 他想要在入狱前和我呆在一起 我明白了 伙计 抱歉 毁了你的暑假 |
[38:53] | I get it, man. | |
[38:56] | Sorry for screwing up your summer,ou know? | |
[39:05] | Hey! | 嘿 |
[39:06] | I was just gonna call you. | 我刚想打电话给你 |
[39:07] | I told my parents. They freaked out. | 我告诉了我父母 他们都快抓狂了 |
[39:10] | It was the best feeling. | 这种感觉真棒 |
[39:14] | What’s wrong? | 出什么事了 |
[39:16] | The trip’s off. | 旅行取消了 Dick的爸爸回来了 所以他不能去了 |
[39:18] | Dick’s dad came back into town, | |
[39:22] | And now he can’t go, so… | |
[39:27] | Oh. | 噢 那么 |
[39:27] | So… | |
[39:30] | I guess we’re not going, then? | 我们也不去了 对把 |
[39:34] | He was footing half the bill for the house, | 他本来要付一半的房费的 |
[39:37] | And it’d just be really expensive. | 而且房费非常昂贵 这个计划是我和Dick 一起想出来的 |
[39:39] | And it was a thing me and Dick were planning on together. | |
[39:44] | I understand. | 我能理解 没错 我想我只能去丹佛了 |
[39:46] | Yeah. | |
[39:48] | I guess I’m going to Denver then. | |
[39:55] | Dad, check this out. | 老爸 快来看啊 |
[39:57] | I’m Vincent Vanlowe. | –我是Vincent Van Lowe -哇 不 |
[39:59] | Aw, no. | |
[40:00] | I was born in Neptune. | 我出生在Neptune镇 |
[40:02] | I live in Neptune. | 我生活在这里 |
[40:03] | My friends and family live in Neptune. | 我的亲朋好友也 生活在这里 |
[40:06] | That’s why what happens in our city concerns me so much. | 那就是为什么我对这个城镇 发生的一切都很关心 |
[40:10] | There’s nothing more important | 没有比孩子们 |
[40:12] | Than the safety of our children… | 的安全 和我们… |
[40:14] | – Vinnie has kids? – None that he’s aware of. | Vinnie有孩子了 据他所知 没有 |
[40:16] | …and the security of our homes. | …所住的房子的安保 更重要的事情了 |
[40:20] | I’m Vincent Vanlowe, and I’m asking for your vote. | 我是Vincent Van Lowe 请投我一票 |
[40:24] | Vinnie Van Lowe has been endorsed by the Neptune Homeowners Association. | 已经受到了Neptune 业主协会的认可 |
[40:28] | Well, from the ridiculous to the sublime, | 从荒唐至极转到高尚的方面 |
[40:31] | Apollo and Kizza’s blood test checked out. | Apollo和Kizza亲子鉴定的 结果出来了 |
[40:34] | No surprise. | 意料之中 |
[40:41] | Hello? | 你好 |
[40:43] | Sure. | 好 |
[40:45] | It’s for you. | 你的电话 |
[40:52] | Hello? | 你好 |
[40:56] | Really? | 真的 |
[40:59] | That’s incredible. Thank you. | 太不可思议了 谢谢 |
[41:05] | I’m in. | 我被录取了 |
[41:07] | The FBI has chosen me for their summer internship! | FBI录取我参加他们的暑假实习 |
[41:10] | Yes! | 太棒了 正好可以弥补 私人侦探执照考试的糟糕分数 你成功了 孩子 我女儿成了FBI了 |
[41:12] | Talk about making up for that crappy P.I. Exam score. | |
[41:16] | You did it, honey. | |
[41:18] | My daughter the fed! | |
[41:20] | Twelve fun-filled, pay-free weeks | 充满乐趣的12个星期里 |
[41:22] | Of schlepping coffee and office supplies | 品尝免费的苦涩的咖啡 自由使用办公用品 |
[41:24] | at the Federal Bureau of Investigation! | 就在联邦调查局! |
[41:26] | Ice cream! | 还有冰淇淋 |
[41:32] | I can’t believe it! | 真不敢相信 |
[41:33] | It’s in Virginia, right? | 在弗吉尼亚州吧 |
[41:35] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[41:40] | Transcipt: vitac.com Syncro: Camilla [VeronicaMars.it] Host: www.CsSubs.org – Thanks Guys |