英文名称:Waltz With Bashir
年代:2008
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:04] | 片名:Waltz With Bashir–和巴什尔跳华尔兹 | |
[03:09] | They stand there barking. 26 dogs. | 它们伫立在那里 嚎叫着 26只恶狗 |
[03:12] | I see their mean faces. They’ve come to kill. | 我知道它们的表情的含义 它们是来杀戮的 |
[03:17] | And they tell my boss Bertold: | 然后它们告诉我的老板贝托德 |
[03:20] | “Give us Boaz Rein or we’ll eat your customers. In 1 minute!” | “把博阿兹・瑞恩交给我们 不然我们把所有人吃光 只消片刻!” |
[03:25] | 26 dogs? – Exactly. | – 26只? – 没错 |
[03:28] | How do you know there are 26 and not 30? | 你怎么知道正好是26只不多不少的? |
[03:32] | I’m coming to that. | 我就是知道 |
[03:39] | Well? – Well what? | – 那么? – 什么? |
[03:41] | Do you check it out? – What do you think happens? | – 接下来发生了什么了 之后呢? – 什么之后 没有了? |
[03:47] | I wake up! – At that point every time? | – 我醒了! – 就在那时候醒了么? |
[03:51] | Exactly. It always stops there. | 没错 每次都是突然在那时候醒来 |
[03:53] | Since when? – Two and a half years. | – 什么时候开始的? – 两年半之前 |
[03:56] | And you call me now at this hour? – Asshole! | – 然后你这一次想起给我打电话了? – 白痴! |
[03:59] | Don’t call me an asshole. | 别叫我白痴 |
[04:04] | This dream is coming from somewhere. | 这个梦一定是有缘由的 |
[04:07] | I haven’t told you everything. – Like what? | – 我还没有告诉你全部的事 – 比如说? |
[04:12] | You know in Lebanon… | 比如说黎巴嫩…… |
[04:13] | What about Lebanon? | 黎巴嫩怎么了? |
[04:15] | At the start of the war we went into Lebanese villages | 战争刚开始的时候 我们去了一个黎巴嫩人的村子 |
[04:19] | to search for wanted Palestinians. | 去寻找被通缉的巴勒斯坦人 |
[04:24] | Yeah and? | 恩 然后呢? |
[04:40] | When someone enters a village the dogs smell and bark to alert. | 当我们的人进了村子 有狗闻到了气味 大叫了起来 |
[04:47] | Everyone wakes up and the fugitives take off. | 人们都醒了 那些逃亡者也跑掉了 |
[04:53] | Someone had to liquidate them. Otherwise our men would have died. | 必须有人来清除它们 不然我们的人会受到攻击的 |
[04:58] | But why you? | 但为什么是你? |
[05:01] | They knew I couldn’t shoot a person. They told me: | 他们知道我不敢向人开枪 于是对我说 |
[05:05] | “Go ahead and shoot the dogs!” | “去把那些狗毙了!” |
[05:25] | 26 dogs I remember every single one. | 26只狗 每一只我都记得清清楚楚 |
[05:29] | Every face every wound the look in their eyes… 26 dogs. | 每一只的长相 每一只中弹的地方 和它们死时的眼神 26只 |
[05:35] | How long before they started appearing in your dreams? | 到你开始做梦 那是多少年前的事了? |
[05:39] | 20 years. | 20 年前 |
[05:40] | Have you tried anything? – Like what? | – 你试过什么方法没? – 比如? |
[05:44] | Therapy a psychiatrist Shiatsu anything… | 治疗 心理医生 按摩 之类的 |
[05:48] | No nothing. I called you. | 不 没有 我联系了你 |
[05:51] | I’m just a filmmaker! | 我只是个拍电影的! |
[05:53] | Can’t films be therapeutic? | 拍电影不能作为疗法么? |
[05:55] | You’ve dealt with all the issues in your films right? | 你的电影里面总解决一些问题 不是么? |
[05:59] | But nothing like this. | 是 也不是 不是像这样的 |
[06:02] | No flashbacks from Lebanon? | 没有记录那时候的黎巴嫩的电影么? |
[06:05] | No. Not really. | 没 没 没有过 |
本电影台词包含不重复单词:1137个。 其中的生词包含:四级词汇:201个,六级词汇:90个,GRE词汇:106个,托福词汇:136个,考研词汇:221个,专四词汇:172个,专八词汇:22个, 所有生词标注共:372个。 定制生词标注的台词本和单词统计,请访问生词标注台词本 | ||
[06:09] | Are you sure? | 你确定么? |
[06:12] | No. | 没有 |
[06:14] | Beirut Sabra and Shatila? – What about that? | – 有关巴鲁特 萨布拉和夏蒂拉大屠杀的? – 别跟我提萨布拉和夏蒂拉大屠杀 |
[06:16] | You were only 100 yards away from the massacre! | 你当时离大屠杀现场只有100码远! |
[06:19] | More like 200 or 300 yards. | 应该有200到300码 |
[06:23] | The truth is that’s not stored in my system. | 我想大概是 |
[06:27] | No flashbacks or dreams? You never think about it? | 没有闪念和噩梦? 你从来没有想过么? |
[06:31] | No no. | 没有 没有 |
[06:34] | No. | 没有 |
[06:40] | You’ll be okay huh? | 你会没事的 阿? |
[06:43] | You think so? – Sure. | – 你这么想? – 当然 |
[06:45] | You’re sure? – Yes. I’ll think of something. | – 你确定? – 是 会熬过去的 |
[06:49] | Sure? – Sure. | – 确定? – 确定 |
[07:30] | The meeting with Boaz took place in winter 2006. | 和博阿兹的那次见面 是在2006年的冬天 |
[07:33] | That night for the first time in 20 years | 那一晚 是20年来的第一次 |
[07:38] | I had a flashback of the war in Lebanon. | 我的思绪回到了黎巴嫩的战场上 |
[07:41] | Not just Lebanon West Beirut. Not just Beirut | 不止是黎巴嫩 还有贝鲁特 不止是贝鲁特…… |
[07:46] | but the massacre at the Sabra and Shatila refugee camps. | 还有在萨布拉和夏蒂拉难民营那场大屠杀…… |
[09:17] | What’s wrong? It’s 6:30 in the morning! | 怎么了? 才早上六点! |
[09:21] | We all have friends who are lawyers doctors therapists… | 我们都有朋友 律师 医生 心理医生…… |
[09:27] | Sometimes that friendship costs them. | 这就是体现友谊的时候了 |
[09:31] | But you wouldn’t wake your lawyer friend at 6:30! | 但你不会把你的律师朋友大早上6点吵醒! |
[09:35] | My lawyer is 10 times cheaper than you! | 我的律师比你便宜十倍! |
[09:38] | I just don’t understand. | 我就是无法明白 |
[09:41] | Why Boaz’s dream with the dogs? | 为什么博阿兹会梦到狗? |
[09:49] | Why that to jog my memory? It has nothing to do with me. | 又为什么会让我念念不安? 明明和我没有任何关系 |
[09:54] | Memory is fascinating. Take this psychological experiment… | 记忆是很有意思的一件事 有这么一个心理学实验…… |
[10:02] | A group of people were shown 10 various childhood images. | 给一组人看十张他们小时候的照片 |
[10:09] | Nine were really from their childhood and one was fake: | 其中有九张是真正的他们小时候的照片 还有一张是假的 |
[10:13] | Their portrait was pasted into a fairground they never visited. | 假的那张是把从别的照片中剪下来的肖像 贴在一个游乐场的照片上 |
[10:24] | Eighty percent recognized themselves… | 百分之八十的人认出了那张照片 |
[10:28] | They recognized the fake photo as real! | 以为那张照片是真的! |
[10:31] | Twenty percent couldn’t remember. | 百分之二十的人不记得了 |
[10:34] | The researchers asked them again. | 当研究员再问他们的时候 |
[10:37] | The second time the others said that they remembered the image. | 这一回 他们说有一些印象 |
[10:42] | “Such a wonderful day at the park with my parents.” | “和父母在一起在公园里玩得很开心的一天” |
[10:46] | They remembered a completely fabricated experience. | 他们想起了一个完全捏造的经历 |
[10:51] | Memory is dynamic. It’s alive. | 记忆是不断变化的 是活的 |
[10:54] | If some details are missing | 如果有什么细节缺失了 |
[10:57] | memory fills the holes with things that never happened. | 记忆就会用从来没有发生过的事情弥补上 |
[11:05] | So my vision of the massacre is like the fake photo? | 所以我关于那场大屠杀的想象 就像那张假照片? |
[11:12] | It never happened? I invented it? It’s not real? | 从没有发生过? 是我自己空想的? 不是真的? |
[11:17] | I don’t know. Who was there with you? | 我也不知道 当时还有谁和你在一起? |
[11:20] | Carmi was there. You know him from school. | 还有……卡米 你认识他的 我们是同学 |
[11:25] | And someone else I don’t recognize. | 还有一些别的我不认识的人 |
[11:29] | So go ask Carmi what he remembers. – He’s in Holland. | – 那么去问问卡米他还记得什么 – 他在荷兰 |
[11:34] | He’s lived there for 20 years. | 他在那里生活了20年 |
[11:36] | Go to Holland and ask him if it bothers you. | 如果你真的很困扰的话 那就去荷兰问问他 |
[11:40] | Isn’t that dangerous? | 这么做危险么? |
[11:42] | Maybe I’ll discover things I don’t want to know about myself? | 我会不会因此发现本不该想起来的记忆? |
[11:46] | Not at all. | 没事的 |
[11:48] | You’ll discover important things that you want to know. | 你只会发现你想要知道的事情 |
[11:53] | We don’t go places where we really don’t want to. | 人们不会尝试开启 真的不想打开的那扇门 |
[11:57] | A human mechanism prevents us from entering dark places. | 人性本身会阻止我们走进心理的阴暗面 |
[12:02] | Memory takes us where we need to go. | 记忆只带我们去该去的地方 |
[12:42] | See all that? | 看到那边了么? |
[12:46] | Yes. | 恩 |
[12:48] | It’s all mine. | 都是我的 |
[12:52] | All of it? | 全部? |
[12:54] | From those trees to the river. | 从那些树到这条河 |
[12:58] | It all belongs to you? – Yes and the house. | 全都是我的 还有这房子 |
[13:01] | It’s about 10 acres. | 大概有十英亩 |
[13:05] | All that just from selling falafel? | – 只靠卖炸丸子? |
[13:08] | – Just from falafel! | – 只靠卖炸丸子! |
[13:09] | Wow! – Come and see. | – 哇 – 过来看看吧 |
[13:16] | How much falafel did you sell? – Three years was enough. | – 你卖了多少炸丸子? – 三年就足够了 |
[13:21] | In the early ’90s I had a small stand in Utrecht. | 90年代初期 我开始在乌德勒支摆一个路边摊 |
[13:25] | Health food was in fashion. The Middle East too… | 那时开始流行健康食品 中东东西也很流行…… |
[13:29] | Falafel is both healthy and Middle Eastern. | 炸丸子即是健康食品 也有中东特色 |
[13:33] | Everyone thought you’d become a nuclear physicist. | 大家都以为你当了核物理学家 |
[13:38] | Who did? | 谁说的? |
[13:40] | I don’t know your family my family our school friends. | 我也忘了 你的家人? 我的家人? 学校同学? |
[13:44] | They thought that | 大家都以为 |
[13:46] | by the age of 40 you’d be nominated for a Nobel Prize. | 等你四十岁的时候就可以提名诺贝尔奖了 |
[13:50] | By 20 that future was over. | 20岁时的梦想 早已完结了 |
[13:53] | Cold? | 冷么? |
[13:55] | Cold? I’m freezing! – Let’s go inside. | – 冷?我快冻死了! – 我们进屋吧 |
[14:00] | We have to walk all that way? | 要走这么远么? |
[14:04] | It’s funny you’ve showed up now. | 你的突然出现真的很巧 |
[14:07] | Why? – When you called… | – 为什么? – 当你给我打电话时…… |
[14:10] | I had just gone out with my son Thomas. He’s seven. | 我正在和我的儿子托马斯在外面玩 他七岁大 |
[14:15] | He was playing with a toy gun and started asking questions. | 他一边玩他的玩具手枪一边问我 |
[14:19] | “What did you do in the army? Ever shoot anyone?” | “你在军队的时候都干过什么? 向人开过枪么?” |
[14:23] | Did you? – I don’t know. | – 你开过么? – 我不记得了 |
[14:25] | Let’s go inside and warm up. | 我们先进去暖和暖和吧 |
[14:29] | Would you mind if I sketch you and your son playing in the snow? | 你介不介意我画一张 你和儿子一起在雪地里玩的素描? |
[14:34] | No. | 不介意 |
[14:36] | Not at all. Draw as much as you like. | 完全不介意 随你喜欢怎么画都行 |
[14:40] | I’ll fetch him. | 我把他接过来 |
[14:42] | It’s fine as long as you draw but don’t film. | 你要是画的话没有问题 但是不要拍摄 |
[15:55] | As strange as it sounds we were transported to war | 听上去很奇怪 当时把我们送到战场的船 |
[16:00] | on a little “Love Boat” leased by the army or God knows what. | 是一艘名字叫”爱之船”的小船 可能是军队租的或别的什么 |
[16:06] | They wanted to mislead the enemy and launch a surprise attack. | 可能是军队想要以此迷惑敌人 来发动突然袭击 |
[16:11] | What do you mean a “Love Boat”? With jacuzzis and bars? | “爱之船”是什么意思? 附带按摩浴缸和酒吧么? |
[16:17] | All of that? – That’s how I imagined it. | – 那样么? – 一开始我也是这么想象的 |
[16:23] | I later found out it was just an old commando boat. | 后来我发现 只不过是一艘老旧的冲锋船 |
[16:31] | For 18 you seemed pretty bright to me. | 我记得你18岁的时候很是漂亮文静 |
[16:33] | I never took you for a fighter. | 很难和士兵的形象联系起来 |
[16:35] | Frankly it was important to me for a pretty practical reason. | 事实上 这对我来说是很重要的人生经历 |
[16:39] | I felt like everyone else was screwing like rabbits. | 当时我总觉得别人像兔子一样好动 |
[16:43] | and that I was the only… How can I put it? | 而我只是…… 该怎么说呢? |
[16:46] | The only nerd good at chess and Math | 我只擅长数学和象棋 |
[16:51] | but with masculinity problems. So I had to prove to everyone | 所以 我必须证明给大家我的男子气概 |
[16:56] | that I was the best fighter and some big hero. | 参军 成为一个战士 一个英雄 |
[16:59] | Did you succeed? | 你成功了么? |
[17:02] | Yes surprisingly enough. | 是的 惊人的成功 |
[17:05] | I felt that I was strong and capable. | 我觉得自己变得有力量和坚强 |
[17:09] | Then the war started and they put us on that damned “Love Boat” | 然后战争开始了 我被派到了那该死的 “爱之船” |
[17:16] | Then I… – You what? | – 然后我…… – 怎么了? |
[17:19] | I puked like a pig! I wondered what the enemy would think. | 我晕船 吐得像猪一样! 我当时就想如果敌人看到了会怎么想 |
[17:26] | I finally collapsed on deck and fell asleep. | 最后我倒在甲板上睡着了 |
[17:30] | I sleep when I’m scared. | 我是忐忑不安的睡着的 |
[17:33] | To this day I escape into sleep and hallucinate. | 那些天 我沉浸在睡梦和幻觉里 |
[18:19] | Unconscious on the deck | 在甲板上失去意识 |
[18:24] | dreaming a woman would come | 我梦到一个女人来到我这里 |
[18:34] | and take me for the first time | 带走了我 |
[18:40] | I saw my best friends go up in flames before my eyes. | 我看到我的朋友们在我眼前燃烧 |
[18:45] | Where? – On the boat. | – 在那儿? – 就在船上 |
[19:21] | I woke up just before we docked. It’s dawn and we’re in a city. | 我醒来的时候正好是靠岸的时候 天刚亮 在一个城市里 |
[19:26] | Which city? – How should I know? | – 哪座城? – 我哪知道? |
[19:29] | Sidon I think. | 西顿 我猜是 |
[19:31] | Out of pure fear and anxiety we start shooting like lunatics. | 出于恐惧和焦虑 我们像疯子一样四处射击 |
[19:39] | At whom? – How do I know? | – 向谁? – 我也不知道? |
[19:44] | Then an old Mercedes drives up. | 然后有一辆老奔驰车开了过来 |
[19:47] | Everyone fires at it like crazy. | 每个人都疯了一样向它射击 |
[19:53] | Two years of training and the fear | 凭借着两年来的军事训练 以及恐惧 |
[19:56] | the uncontrollable fear… | 难以抑制的恐惧 |
[20:02] | Then the silence. The terrible silence of death. | 接着迎来的 是一片死寂 |
[20:09] | At daybreak | 在黎明中 |
[20:11] | we could see our destruction | 我们看到了我们所消灭的 |
[20:19] | without knowing where we were. | 甚至还不知道自己身处何地 |
[20:22] | Lying in the car… | 看到了车里躺着的…… |
[20:26] | What was in the car? | 车里有什么? |
[20:28] | The bodies of a whole family. | 一家人的尸体 |
[20:31] | Why did you come here? | 说起来你为什么而来的? |
[20:33] | Me? I… | 我?我…… |
[20:37] | I lost my memory. | 我失去了记忆 |
[20:39] | In an accident? – What? | – 出了事故么? – 什么? |
[20:41] | Did you have an accident? – What do you mean? | – 你是遇到什么事故了么? – 什么意思? |
[20:45] | In a car or at work? | 交通事故或者工伤? |
[20:48] | No I didn’t have an accident. | 不 我没有遇到事故 |
[20:51] | I just can’t remember anything about the Lebanon War. | 我就是想不起来黎巴嫩战争时候的事情了 |
[20:55] | Just one image in my mind. | 我的脑海里只有那么一个印象 |
[21:01] | Somehow you’re in it. | 不知怎么的 你在我的印象里 |
[21:05] | What image? | 是什么印象? |
[21:44] | Were you there too? | 你当时在那里么? |
[21:49] | It’s hard to say. | 这不好说 |
[21:50] | What do you mean? Were you there? | 什么意思? 你在么? |
[21:52] | It’s hard to say. | 我也不清楚 |
[21:55] | I don’t remember anything about the massacre. | 我不记得大屠杀时的任何事了 |
[21:58] | But you were in Beirut when the massacre took place. | 但是你在贝鲁特 当大屠杀发生的时候 |
[22:02] | Yes I remember being there. | 是的 我记得在那里 |
[22:04] | I’ll never forget us marching into Beirut. | 我永远不会忘记我们进军贝鲁特的时候 |
[22:07] | But the massacre… How did you say it? | 但是大屠杀…… 该怎么说呢? |
[22:11] | That’s not stored in my system. | 好象不在我的脑海里一样 |
[22:13] | Right. Massacre… | 是啊 大屠杀…… |
[22:53] | Then it happened in a taxi to Amsterdam airport… | 然后在前往阿姆斯特丹机场的出租车里…… |
[22:58] | Suddenly all the memories came back. | 突然间 记忆浮了上来…… |
[23:01] | Not a hallucination nor my subconscious. | 不是幻觉 也不是潜意识 |
[23:04] | The first day of the war. Barely 19 | 战争开始的第一天 我刚19岁 |
[23:07] | I haven’t even started shaving. | 我还从没有刮过胡子 |
[23:09] | We’re driving down a road. Orchards on one side | 我们顺着路驱车而下 路的一边是果园 |
[23:13] | the sea on the other. We’re shooting everywhere | 另一边是大海 我们四处射击 |
[23:18] | at everything until nightfall. | 漫无目标的射击 直到夜晚降临 |
[23:25] | That evening when we stopped an officer tells me: | 那一晚 停车时 一个长官告诉我: |
[23:28] | “Load up the dead and wounded. | “装满尸体和伤患 |
[23:32] | Go and dump them.” | 拉走 然后扔掉” |
[23:35] | “Dump?” – “Yes dump.” | “扔掉?” “没错 扔掉” |
[23:39] | “Where?” | “扔到哪里?” |
[23:40] | “How should I know? Out there near that bright light. | “我怎么知道? 反正不是这儿 向有光亮的地方走 |
[23:47] | That’s where they’re dumped.” | 那就是扔下他们的地方” |
[23:56] | So I drive all the way back. | 所以我们又开了回去 |
[24:00] | I had never seen an open wound or | 我从没有见过这么严重的伤口 |
[24:03] | any kind of bleeding before. | 这么大量的出血 |
[24:05] | Now I was in command of a tank | 现在由我指挥坦克 |
[24:07] | full of the dead and wounded | 满载着尸体和伤患 |
[24:09] | looking for a bright light salvation. | 寻找有光亮的地方-避难所 |
[24:20] | What should we do? Why don’t you tell us what to do? | 我们该怎么办? 你来告诉我们干什么? |
[24:24] | Shoot. – At who? | – 射击 – 向谁? |
[24:26] | How do I know? Just shoot. | 我怎么知道? 射就是了 |
[24:28] | Isn’t it better to pray? – Then pray and shoot. | – 我们是不是应该祷告? – 那么一边祷告一边射击 |
[24:43] | Finally we see the helicopter lights. Like halos. | 最终我们看到了直升机的灯光 感觉好象圣光笼罩 |
[24:48] | As we get closer to the light | 当我们靠近光亮处时 |
[24:50] | we see dead and wounded everywhere. | 我们看到那里布满了尸体和伤患 |
[25:28] | We unload mechanically as if we’re not even present. | 我们麻木的把尸体卸下 好象心在异地 |
[25:33] | Then we turn around and drive off. | 然后我们转换方向 驶了回去 |
[26:03] | On the first day of the war | 战争的第一天 |
[26:06] | I transported the dead and wounded | 我运送过尸体和伤患 |
[26:09] | from tanks on the coast road. | 驾驶坦克沿着海岸线 |
[26:13] | I’m looking for people who were with me. | 我在寻找当时和我同行的人 |
[26:15] | Could your men have been among them? | 你当时参加过么? |
[26:19] | It sounds logical… We were in the coastal area. | 听上去有点印象…… 我当时是被安排在海岸线地区的 |
[26:25] | In the western sector… It’s possible. | 在西部防线 有可能 |
[26:28] | Do you recognize me here? | 你能认出我么? |
[26:35] | No. | 不认识 |
[26:38] | I don’t recognize myself either. | 我也认不出来我自己了 |
[26:55] | Crossing the border at Rosh Hanikra felt like an excursion. | 经过若斯・哈尼卡勒的边境 感觉就像是去旅行 |
[27:00] | We took photos | 我们拍照 |
[27:01] | we told jokes… | 讲笑话… |
[27:04] | We had time to fool around before going into action. | 在开始战斗前我们无所事事 |
[27:10] | Good morning Lebanon | 黎巴嫩 早安 |
[27:24] | Too much pain to carry on | 痛苦的经历 正在上演 |
[27:31] | Good morning Lebanon | 黎巴嫩 早安 |
[27:38] | The landscape was beautiful trees all around | 风景美丽如画 周围都是树 |
[27:43] | a few scattered houses… A really idyllic pastoral scene. | 零零落落的有些房子… 充满了田园气息 |
[27:49] | The slow drive allowed us to enjoy the scenery. | 我们开得很缓慢 以欣赏风景 |
[27:53] | May your dreams come true | 祝你的美梦 成真 |
[28:00] | May your nightmares pass | 祝你的噩梦 不再* |
[28:07] | Your existence is a blessing Lebanon | 祝福你的存在 黎巴嫩* |
[28:13] | In a tank you always feel really safe. | 待在坦克里 我们感觉很安全 |
[28:17] | A tank is a very massive enclosed vehicle. | 坦克是大而笨重的交通工具 |
[28:22] | Inside the tank | 待在坦克里 |
[28:24] | we were protected. | 我们就有了防护 |
[28:30] | You are torn to pieces | 将你撕成碎块* |
[28:36] | You bleed to death in my arms | 在我的手中你流血至死* |
[28:44] | You bleed to death in my arms | 在我的手中你流血至死* |
[28:47] | You are the love of my life | 你是我的至爱* |
[28:52] | Oh my short short life | 哦 我短暂的 短暂的人生 |
[28:58] | Tear me to pieces | 将我撕裂吧* |
[29:06] | I’m bleeding…. | 我在流血* |
[29:13] | Suddenly our commander stopped responding. We lost contact. | 突然间我们的指挥官没有了指示 我们失去了方向 |
[29:17] | Was he beside you? – Yes. | – 他在你旁边么? – 是的 |
[29:20] | I saw his head slumped forward. | 我看到他的脑袋突然垂下 |
[29:25] | I went down inside and saw blood blood in the tank. | 我把他拉回了坦克里 进行急救 |
[29:30] | The blood was coming from his neck. | 血从他的脖子里喷出来 |
[29:39] | You were next in command? – Yes I was. | – 你接任他做了指挥? – 是的 是我 |
[29:43] | But I didn’t react immediately. | 但是我一时间没有反应过来 |
[29:47] | We just stayed in the tank without even thinking of firing back. | 我们一时间愣在坦克里面 甚至没有想到回火 |
[29:55] | Two minutes later | 两分钟后 |
[29:56] | there was an explosion. | 发生了爆炸 |
[29:57] | Everyone tried to escape from the tank hysterically… | 大家都歇斯底里的从坦克里出来逃跑 |
[30:05] | without weapons or anything… | 没有武器 什么也没有带… |
[30:09] | Those who stayed inside were killed in the tank. | 没有出来的 都死在了坦克里 |
[30:18] | I ran as fast as I could | 我拼命的逃跑 |
[30:21] | in zigzags towards the sea. | 跑着Z字形路线 奔向大海 |
[30:43] | My only thought: | 我心里只有一个念头 |
[30:45] | It’s over. I’m done for. | 完了 我死定了 |
[30:50] | They’ll be here any minute. All I can do is wait for the end. | 他们随时都可能会过来 我所能做的只有等死 |
[31:01] | I saw the building from which they were shooting | 我看到了他们阻击所在的建筑 |
[31:03] | and the commander. | 以及我们其他的坦克 |
[31:05] | I hoped he’d get closer. | 我希望他们能走近一些 |
[31:38] | I don’t know why but he started to retreat. | 我不知道为什么 他们开始撤退了 |
[31:53] | I felt abandoned by our forces. | 我感到自己被抛弃了 |
[32:03] | I imagined how my mother would react. | 我猜想我的母亲会对我的死作何反应 |
[32:08] | We’re very close. I was always like her right hand. | 我们很亲近 我总是她的得力小助手 |
[32:13] | I’m the only one who helps out at home. | 我是家中唯一能帮上她的 |
[32:18] | Like the firstborn son. | 家中的长男 |
[32:23] | I took a peek. I saw them chatting smoking. | 我偷看了一下 看到他们在聊天 抽烟 |
[32:28] | I wondered why | 不知道为什么 |
[32:31] | they didn’t notice me. | 他们一直没有注意到我 |
[32:34] | I peeked a few more times I realized that they probably thought | 我又看了几次 我想他们一定是以为 |
[32:39] | that everyone was killed in the attack. | 所有人都死了 |
[32:44] | I decided to wait until dark. | 我决定等到天黑 |
[32:47] | I had a good place to hide. | 那里是个藏身的好地方 |
[32:59] | I don’t know why but I decided | 不知道为什么 我选择了…… |
[33:02] | to crawl out to the sea. | 从海上游去 |
[33:10] | I didn’t want to stay close to shore so I swam quite far out. | 我不想离岸边太近 于是就游得远远的 |
[33:17] | When I felt I was far out enough I started swimming south. | 当我觉得够远的时候 就向南游去 |
[33:22] | How was the sea? | 海是怎么样的? |
[33:23] | Really calm no waves. | 很平静 没有浪 |
[33:28] | I felt calm and at peace. Just me and the sea. | 我感到宁静和舒适 只有我和海水 |
[33:47] | I felt safe because the sea was calm and peaceful. | 我感到很安全 因为大海是那么的平静和安详 |
[33:51] | But I was still really afraid | 但我同时还是惧怕…… |
[33:55] | that my strength would fail and I’d drown. | 我可能会耗尽力量而淹死 |
[33:59] | Or maybe someone might spot me and shoot at me kill me. | 或者谁发现了我 向我射击 杀死我 |
[34:14] | While swimming through this peaceful water | 当游过了平静的海水 |
[34:20] | I suddenly heard a loud noise. | 我突然听到了吵杂的声音 |
[34:23] | I felt the water pulsating. | 我感到水波变得有规律 |
[34:25] | I felt the turbulent water enveloping me. | 我感到被湍动的海水包围着 |
[34:31] | My body shook with fear. | 我的身体因恐惧而颤抖 |
[35:04] | I saw lights in the distance and I headed in that direction. | 我看到了远处的亮光 并朝那里游去 |
[35:09] | They might be Israeli forces. | 那可能是以色列的驻扎 |
[35:12] | I kept swimming but felt my strength was dwindling. | 我继续游去 已经快要脱力了 |
[35:16] | I could barely move my limbs. | 勉强的挥动着手臂 |
[35:30] | Sometimes I simply let the water carry me along. | 有时我几乎只是被海浪推着走 |
[35:44] | I eventually reached shore and started walking. | 最终我终于抵达了海岸 |
[35:47] | I heard voices speaking Hebrew on the two-way radio. | 我听到了广播中说着希伯来文 |
[35:52] | I knew | 于是我知道 |
[35:56] | that I had to get to them despite my exhaustion. | 我必须尽自己所有的力量过去 |
[36:07] | To my amazement it was the regiment that had abandoned me. | 让我感到惊讶的是 那正是当时抛弃我的那个团 |
[36:15] | After I got back to my regiment | 当我回到军团里后 |
[36:20] | I felt like… | 我感觉就像… |
[36:24] | like it was me who had abandoned my comrades. | 感觉就像自己抛弃了伙伴后回来 |
[36:27] | I always felt that they regarded me like… | 我总是觉得他们把我看作… |
[36:35] | like someone who didn’t help rescue his friends. | 弃自己的朋友而不顾的人 |
[36:39] | As if I had fled the battlefield just to save my own skin. | 因为我逃离了战场 而且毫发未伤 |
[36:46] | I sometimes felt very uneasy. | 有时我觉得心神不定 |
[36:49] | I broke off contact with the families of the dead. | 我没有和死者的家属联系 |
[36:51] | At first I visited their graves but then I just stopped. | 最开始我去过他们的墓地 后来也没有去过了 |
[36:59] | I wanted to forget. I didn’t want to relive those moments. | 我想要忘记 我不想那些回忆重现 |
[37:04] | Visiting the graves you felt… – Guilty. | – 访问那些墓地 你觉得… – 内疚 |
[37:09] | I felt guilty standing at their graves. | 站在他们的坟墓前我感到内疚 |
[37:12] | As if I didn’t do enough. | 因为我做得不够 |
[37:16] | I didn’t do enough. | 我做得不够 |
[37:17] | I wasn’t the hero type who | 我不是那种 |
[37:19] | carries weapons and saves everyone’s life. | 拿起武器救人于危难的人 |
[37:24] | That’s not me. I’m not the type. | 那不是我 我不是那种人 |
[38:05] | I bombed Sidon today | 我今天轰炸了赛伊达* |
[38:10] | amid the clouds of smoke at dawn | 在晨曦中迎着朝霞* |
[38:15] | I almost went home in a coffin | 我差点坐着棺材回家 |
[38:21] | I bombed Sidon today | 我今天轰炸了赛伊达 |
[38:28] | One month after Ronnie Dayag swam back home safely. | 在朗尼・达雅格游回去之后的一个月 |
[38:32] | the army took the beach from which he had fled. | 军队占领了他曾经逃跑的海滩 |
[38:36] | They told us we’d soon attack Beirut and that we’d all die. | 上面告诉我们 很快就要进攻贝鲁特 我们都可能会死 |
[38:41] | But on the beach we didn’t think much about death. | 但是在那个海滩上 我们谁也没有想过死的问题 |
[38:45] | I had a hut of banana leaves. | 我有一个用香蕉叶子搭成的小屋 |
[38:48] | Thinking back | 回想起来 |
[38:50] | the smell of Patchouli Oil still makes me nauseous. | 广藿香的那种气味 依然让我感到恶心 |
[38:58] | It was really popular in the ’80s. For my roommate Frenkel | 80年代时确是非常流行 而对我的室友弗兰克来说 |
[39:02] | Patchouli was not just a fragrance it was a way of life. | 广藿香不止是一种香水 而是一种生活态度 |
[39:37] | Patchouli… How do you use it? | 广藿香… 你会用么? |
[39:40] | Show me. | 演示一下 |
[39:43] | You sprinkle a drop on your hand like this. | 先在手上滴一点 像这样 |
[39:56] | This way | 这样 |
[39:57] | your comrades always know you’re there. | 这样你的战友就总是知道你在哪里了 |
[40:01] | I remember my men telling me: | 我记得我的伙伴对我说过 |
[40:05] | “Frenkel you walk too fast. Like a rabbit.” | “弗兰克 你跑得太快了 像只兔子” |
[40:13] | So what do you do? Patchouli! | 那我该怎么办呢? 广藿香! |
[40:16] | In the dark at night… They couldn’t miss me! | 黑暗中 深夜里 他们就不会跟丢我了! |
[40:20] | The scent is really strong even out in the field. | 那味道非常强烈 即使在战场外 |
[40:25] | I still use it. | 我依然使用 |
[40:29] | I bombed Beirut today | 我今天炸了贝鲁特 |
[40:34] | I bombed Beirut every day | 我天天都炸贝鲁特* |
[40:39] | If I came close to death I couldn’t say | 如果我离死亡不远了 我要说 |
[40:45] | I bombed Beirut every day | 我天天都炸贝鲁特 |
[40:50] | At the pull of a trigger | 扣动扳机的时候 |
[40:55] | We can send strangers straight to Hell | 我们将陌生人 送进地狱 |
[41:01] | Sure we kill some innocent along the way | 当然我们在大路上 会伤及无辜 |
[41:06] | If I came close to death I couldn’t say | 如果我离死亡不远了 我要说 |
[41:11] | I bombed Beirut every day | 我天天都炸贝鲁特 |
[41:16] | Our daily routine was this: | 我们的每日作息是这样的 |
[41:19] | Get up in the morning | 早上起床 |
[41:22] | prepare breakfast on those frying pans | 用煎锅准备早餐 |
[41:27] | potted beef and eggs. | 罐装牛肉 还有鸡蛋 |
[41:30] | On the beach. – On the beach. | – 在海滩上 – 在海滩上 |
[41:33] | Take a quick swim | 小游一下泳 |
[41:34] | back into uniform then go after some terrorists. | 穿上军装 然后去找恐怖分子 |
[43:05] | Someone yelled “Frenkel!” | 有人对我喊”弗兰克!” |
[43:09] | I noticed a boy holding an RPG. | 我发现一个拿着RPG的男孩 |
[43:12] | A kid. | 一个小孩 |
[43:27] | Frenkel was I there too? | 弗兰克 当时我在么? |
[43:30] | Sure. From training camp you were with me wherever I went. | 当然 训练营的时候 我们两个总是在一起 |
[43:35] | Even there? – Yes there too. | – 当时也是? – 没错 当时也是 |
[43:38] | Good to know. Of course I was there. | 好吧 当然我当时也在 |
[43:43] | Is it possible that I can’t remember such a dramatic event? | 难道我会不记得这样一个戏剧性的事件? |
[43:47] | We call them “dissociative events”. | 我们称这种现象为 “神游身外” |
[43:50] | It’s when a person is in a situation but feels outside it. | 某些人亲历了一些可怕的事情 却觉得自己只是事件的旁观者 |
[43:55] | I was once visited by a young man an amateur photographer. | 我曾经访问过的一名年轻男子 一个业余战地摄影师 |
[43:59] | I asked him in 1983 | 我问他1983年的事: |
[44:00] | “How did you survive through that grueling war?” | “你怎么在 那么残酷的战争中生存下来的?” |
[44:03] | He replied “It was quite easy. | 他答道 “一点也不难. |
[44:05] | I regarded it as a long day-trip.” | 我把它当做安全的体验游” |
[44:08] | He told himself. “W ow! What great scenes: | 他对自己说 “哇~哦! 真是大场面: |
[44:12] | shooting artillery wounded people screaming…” | 子弹横飞 爆炸声声 残肢断臂 还有逼真的尖叫声…” |
[44:15] | He looked at everything as if through an imaginary camera. | 他像带着立体眼镜在看一部战争大片 |
[44:34] | Then something happened: | 然后 突然间… |
[44:37] | his ‘camera’ broke. | 突然间他的 ‘立体眼镜’ 坏了 |
[44:52] | He said that the situation turned traumatic for him | 真相扑面而来 瞬间在他心里留下难以磨灭的创伤 |
[44:55] | when they arrived in the vicinity of the stables in Beirut. | 当他到达贝鲁特附近的某个…马厩 |
[45:00] | The Hippodrome. | 是赛马场 |
[45:02] | He saw a huge number of carcasses of slaughtered Arabian horses. | 他看到大量的被屠杀的阿拉伯马的尸体 |
[45:10] | “It broke my heart.” he said. “What had those horses done | “我感到心碎了” 摄影师说 |
[45:16] | to deserve such suffering?” | “那些马凭什么遭受如此的痛苦?” |
[45:18] | He couldn’t handle seeing those dead and wounded horses. | 他无法眼睁睁看着眼前受伤和死去的动物 |
[45:22] | He had used a mechanism to remain outside events | 他的心理产生自动保护机制 使他清晰记得此事-又似乎置身事外 |
[45:25] | as if watching the war on film instead of participating. | 感觉像在看战争电影 而不是身在其中 |
[45:28] | This protected him. | 这种自我保护机制.就像选择性失忆 |
[45:32] | Once pulled into the events he could no longer deny reality. | 一旦逃离现场 就觉得刚经历过的事只是一个梦 |
[45:37] | Horror surrounded him and he freaked out. | 但噩梦伴随着每个黑夜降临 他被吓坏了 |
[45:48] | You told me earlier that you can’t remember being in the orchard | 你起先告诉我 你不记得为什么要去果园的 |
[45:53] | where the boy with the RPG was. | 就是孩子向你发射火箭弹的地方 |
[45:55] | Can you remember other things? Like going home | 你还能记起其他事情吗? 比如怎么回去的 |
[45:59] | chatting with friends events from that time | 怎么和朋友们说的 在袭击发生以后 |
[46:03] | something that maybe reminds you of that time? | 有些东西可能能勾起你的回忆? |
[46:07] | Yes in detail. – For example? | – 恩 记得些别的细节 – 说来听听? |
[46:10] | I can remember perfectly every furlough. | 我记得每一次军假我去哪了 |
[47:03] | I remember when I was about 10 there was a war going on | 我还记得10岁的事情 就是战争开始的那年 |
[47:08] | And everything came to a halt. | 时间似乎停在那一年 |
[47:10] | All the fathers were at the front. | 父亲们都在前线 |
[47:12] | All children sat with their mothers closed up indoors | 家里只剩母亲和孩子 紧闭大门 |
[47:16] | behind closed blinds in the dark. | 把百叶窗也拧上 呆在黑暗中 |
[47:19] | Just waiting for a plane to drop a bomb and kill them all. | 好等着空袭的时候 把他们全炸死 |
[47:25] | No one even dreamed of going outside. | 甚至没人想上街走走 |
[47:29] | When I went home from Lebanon for the first time in six weeks | 当我从黎巴嫩放假回家 那是第一次军假 放了一个半月 |
[47:34] | and saw that life was carrying on normally. | 看起来生活恢复了正常 |
[47:50] | My goal on leave was to get back my girlfriend Yaeli. | 我想趁放假和我的女朋友耶丽复合 |
[47:55] | She had dumped me the night before all of this started. | 她在我去贝鲁特的头天晚上把我甩了 |
[48:18] | Remember how? Add some Sprite… | 你的记忆? 怎么了? 加点雪碧试试… |
[48:23] | Ready? | 一起来……这样 |
[48:28] | Bottoms up! | 干了! |
[48:35] | The memories are coming back. | 最近一些以前的事情像潮水一样涌入我的脑海 |
[48:37] | I met people who served with me. I almost have the full picture. | 我见了些以前一起服役的人 想还原整个事件 |
[48:43] | At which point? – The first day of the war | – 你想说什么? – 战争的第一天 |
[48:46] | the siege on Beirut. | 我们包围贝鲁特的那天 |
[48:49] | You remember that Yaeli dumped you a week before? | 你还记得耶丽在那之前一周甩了你? |
[48:52] | How do you know? | 你怎么知道的? |
[48:57] | Didn’t you know that I was in love with her for years? | 你不知道当时我和她好上已经一年了? |
[49:03] | No I didn’t know that. | 不 我真不知道 |
[49:06] | It’s true. | 是真的 |
[49:09] | What’s wrong? That was 20 years ago. | 怎么了? 那是20年以前的事情了 |
[49:12] | It’s OK. I’m not angry. | 没事 我没在生气 |
[49:18] | At least you had your home your family. | 至少你还有家 有亲人 |
[49:21] | What home? What family? | 家? 亲人? |
[49:25] | You have no idea. | 你不知道 |
[49:26] | My father… | 我父亲… |
[49:28] | To comfort me he told me that in his war | 安慰我 他告诉我 他经历的战争 |
[49:34] | World War II… | 二战… |
[49:36] | Russian soldiers in Stalingrad | 俄罗斯军人在斯大林格勒保卫战时… |
[49:38] | were given 48 hours leave only after one year on the front. | 前线的士兵一年才给48小时探亲假 |
[49:51] | They got on a train arrived home at the station | 他们被塞上火车 火车到家后 他们只被允许… |
[49:56] | kissed their girlfriends on the platform | 在站台上亲一下女友 |
[49:59] | then had to get back on board to head back to the front. | 然后立刻上火车赶回前线 |
[50:04] | Understand? | 知道吗? |
[50:09] | He thought it would comfort me. In fact he was right. | 他认为那能让我感觉好点 事实上 他是个乌鸦嘴 |
[50:14] | After only 24 hours I was called back to duty. | 放假24小时后 我被要求以最快的速度归队 |
[50:18] | Back then a new trend started: car bombs. | 当时 开始流行一个新玩意儿 汽车炸弹 |
[50:22] | Still popular today. | 现在还在很流行 |
[50:23] | They’re a blast! | 那东西爆炸起来很带劲! |
[50:26] | A real blast! | 真家伙! |
[50:30] | So I arrive at this villa on the outskirts of Beirut. | 后来 我奉命到达贝鲁特郊外的别墅 |
[50:41] | Everything is made of gold. | 一切东西都金光闪闪 |
[50:44] | Fancy sinks marble gold fixtures and all that stuff. | 花式纹路 大理石的金边 黄金装饰品和所有的东西 |
[50:50] | An officer sits in front of the TV. He doesn’t look at me. | 一个军官坐在电视机前 他没看我 |
[50:55] | He keeps repeating: “Fast forward.” | 只是不断说着: “快进 快进.” |
[50:59] | Fast forward. | 快进 |
[51:01] | THE PLUMBER COMES 2 | 水管工的上门服务 2 |
[51:04] | I’m here to check your plumbing. – Down here. | – 我来检查水管线 – 这里 我下面 |
[51:13] | Have you seen my tool? – Which tool? | – 你看到我的工具了吗? – 哪种”工具”? – 这个 |
[51:24] | Fast forward. | 快进 |
[51:37] | Stop. | 停 |
[51:52] | He changes the tape and says: | 他换了盘带子然后对我说 |
[51:53] | We received a tip-off about a red Mercedes. | 我们收到关于一辆红色奔驰的情报 |
[51:58] | It’s coming to blow up your men. – So? | 满载炸弹准备去炸你的人 – 所以? |
[52:00] | Blow it up first. | 我们先下手为强 |
[52:03] | Every red Mercedes? – Are you an idiot? | – 见到红色奔驰就打? – 还用我说吗?当然 |
[52:06] | Did the Mercedes come? | “奔驰牌”炸弹来了吗? |
[52:09] | We waited all night for the exploding Mercedes | 我们等了那奔驰整个晚上 |
[52:15] | for this impending disaster. | 为了防止灾难发生 |
[52:55] | Then in the middle of the night the phone rang. | 到了午夜的时候 电话响了 |
[53:01] | Bashir is dead. | 巴什尔死了 |
[53:04] | Which Bashir? – Bashir Gemayel | – 哪个巴什尔? – 巴什尔.贾梅耶 |
[53:06] | the elected president of Lebanon. | 刚上台的黎巴嫩总统 |
[53:09] | A brother an ally a Christian. Murdered. | 我们的兄弟 盟友 一个基督徒 被谋杀了 |
[53:14] | Wake everyone up. You’ll be in Beirut in two hours! | 把人都叫起来 两个小时后进入贝鲁特地区! |
[53:19] | I don’t remember much about the flight to Beirut | 我记得怎么上飞机的 |
[53:22] | except that I was having obsessive thoughts about death. | 但是我有种对死亡的强烈预感 |
[53:27] | Because my girlfriend Yaeli had dumped me the week before. | 因为我的女友耶丽 一周前把我甩了 |
[53:31] | Death would be my revenge. | 我想用死亡报复她 |
[53:34] | She would be ridden with guilt | 让她的内心充满愧疚 |
[53:38] | for the rest of her life. | -在她余下的人生里 |
[53:43] | While fantasizing about my death | 当我满脑子寻死的念头时 |
[53:47] | we approach Beirut. | 飞机进入了贝鲁特 |
[53:49] | A city with hotels beaches | 一个有着酒店 海滩的城市 |
[53:52] | and people scurrying about. | 下面人头攒动 |
[53:54] | We land at the international airport. | 我们在国际机场降落 |
[53:58] | Our Hercules army helicopter | 我们的大力神直升机 |
[54:00] | lands next to jets from Air France TWA | 降落在客机旁边:法航的、美航的 |
[54:03] | and British Airways. | 还有英国航空的 |
[54:06] | I was excited like I was going on a trip abroad | 我很兴奋 像是正在出国旅游 |
[54:09] | excited all over. | 对看到的一切都感到新奇 |
[54:20] | At some point I simply take off | 某刻我离开人群 |
[54:23] | and walk into the terminal. | 走进候机大厅 |
[54:26] | It felt as if I was on a leisure trip | 就像我是一个悠闲的游客 |
[54:30] | a sort of hallucination. | 有种幻觉 就像… |
[54:33] | Like standing in a termina | 我正在候机大厅徘徊 |
[54:36] | waiting to choose my destination. | 想着去哪个城市游玩好 |
[54:39] | Before that ’80s departures board | 站在有80架次航班信息的预告牌前 |
[54:42] | the choice is all mine. | 我想去世界哪个角落都行 |
[54:47] | I see the 14:10 to London | 我看到有14:10到伦敦 |
[54:49] | the 15:20 to Paris | 15:20到巴黎的 |
[54:52] | the 16:00 to New York… | 16:00到纽约的 |
[54:56] | I wander through the terminal and see the duty-free shops: | 信步走过候机大厅 我看到了机场的免税商店 |
[55:00] | jewellery tobacco | 珠宝 雪茄 |
[55:03] | alcohol…. | 好酒…. |
[55:05] | While I’m still on this trip | 虽然仍像在白日梦游 |
[55:07] | I suddenly realize what’s going on. | 但我突然意识到什么事情发生了 |
[55:09] | Through the window I see | 透过窗户我看到 |
[55:13] | that all the TWA and Air France planes | 所有美航和法航的飞机 |
[55:15] | are just bombed- out shells. | 都像垮塌的巨龙骨架那样支离破碎 |
[55:20] | And the shops are empty | 商场空无一人 |
[55:22] | they’ve long since been looted. | 早就被洗劫一空 |
[55:24] | And the schedule board hasn’t changed for months. | 航班预告牌 已经几个月都没有更新了 |
[55:30] | Then I start to hear sounds voices. | 然后我开始听到爆炸声和大喊声 |
[55:34] | I hear shelling in the city and | 我听到城市里传来炮击声 |
[55:36] | the bombing by the air force. | 还有空投炸弹落地的爆炸声 |
[55:38] | Slowly I begin to realize where I am | 慢慢地 我开始意识到自己的所在 |
[55:40] | and I am afraid of what will happen next. | 我很害怕 不知道下一秒会发生什么 |
[55:48] | We start walking from the airport to the city. | 部队出发了 从机场走向城市 |
[55:52] | Tall high-rise hotels hover above us. | 高耸的大楼 把阴影投射在我们头顶 |
[55:57] | The sea is at our side. | 大海在我们的另一边 |
[56:07] | We walk along a promenade towards a large junction. | 我们漫步在一条长长的海滨街道上 向前走着 |
[56:13] | Then we come under sniper fire | 然后我们遇到狙击火力 |
[56:16] | from the upper floors of a hotel. | 来自路边酒店的高楼里 |
[56:19] | We can’t see where it’s coming from or who is shooting. | 我们不知道攻击者在哪 不知道谁在向我们射击 |
[56:26] | A wounded soldier was lying at the junction | 一个受伤的士兵躺在路中间 |
[56:28] | but we couldn’t get to him. | 但我们没法把他救下来 |
[56:31] | We were scared to death. | 我们都怕死 |
[56:46] | Then in the middle of this hell | 这时 在这地狱之路的中央 |
[56:48] | that TV correspondent Ron Ben- Yishai suddenly shows up. | 那个电视台记者 罗恩・本 突然出现了 |
[56:53] | He’s walking upright dodging bullets like Superman. | 他笔直的挺胸走着 像不怕子弹的超人那样 |
[56:59] | Strolling along as if nothing’s wrong | 闲庭信步 |
[57:00] | while bullets whiz past him. | 子弹不断打在他脚边 |
[57:03] | In front of him a terrified cameraman crawls forward. | 在他前面 一个吓坏了的摄影师 战战兢兢的前进 |
[57:08] | Trembling with fear he can’t see beyond his helmet. | 全身吓得发抖 把脸紧紧的藏在钢盔下面 |
[57:14] | It was a large junction. | 那条路很宽 是个交通要道 |
[57:17] | One lane led directly into Hamra street | 一头直接通到哈姆拉街 |
[57:23] | to the West Beirut district of Hamra. | 西贝鲁特的哈姆拉区 |
[57:27] | I remember the sizzling sound a sort of hissing noise… | 我记得那子弹横飞的声音 一种嘶~嘶~的噪音…… |
[57:31] | They were firing masses of RPGs and it sounded | 他们被当地人用火箭炮攻击 那场景… |
[57:36] | like a Native American arrow-shooting range. | 就像被印第安人居高临下的箭雨围猎 |
[57:39] | Before an RPG explodes it makes this hissing noise. | 在火箭弹飞过来的时候 就带着那种嘶~嘶~的噪音 |
[57:44] | You don’t hear an explosion | 爆炸声好像很遥远 |
[57:47] | but just this hissing then the walls shattering. | 但你能清晰的听到这种嘶~嘶~的噪音 然后爆炸产生的乱石飞溅 |
[57:52] | During all this civilians are seen on balconies: | 除此之外 平民在附近的阳台上围观 |
[57:59] | women children | 妇女 儿童 |
[58:01] | and old people are watching as if it were a film. | 还有那些老人 他们就在旁边看着 像是在看一部战争电影 |
[58:19] | They are shooting at us from all directions. | 敌人从四面八方向我们射击 |
[58:30] | And we can’t get across. | 我们被压制得无法动弹 |
[58:33] | Throughout my military service I was a MAG shooter. | 以前当兵的时候 我一直是个 MAG机枪手. |
[58:37] | During my officer’s training I thought | 在军官培训的时候 我想… |
[58:40] | “You’ve used a MAG for so long why not try something else?” | “你用MAG机枪这么久了 为什么不试试别的?” |
[58:44] | So they gave me a Galil. | 所以我要了把Galil. |
[58:46] | And while they’re shooting at us from all directions | 当他们从四面八方射击我们 |
[58:53] | I realize that I can’t shoot with the Galil like I could before. | 我意识到我无法像用MAG一样 熟练精准的使用Galil射击 |
[58:59] | I missed the good old MAG that I was familiar with. | 我想念MAG机枪在手的感觉 那是我熟悉的 |
[59:04] | So I say to Erez “Erez do me a favor. | 所以我对艾瑞兹 说 “艾瑞兹 帮我个小忙 |
[59:10] | Give me your MAG. I won’t make it across with the Galil. | 把你手上的MAG机枪给我 Galil步枪无法压制住他们的火力 |
[59:15] | Give me your MAG and we’ll cross the street. | 给我你的MAG机枪 我就能杀开一条血路了 |
[59:19] | I’ll shoot better.” | 我是个优秀的机枪手” |
[59:21] | He says ” Frenkel are you nuts? | 他说 ” 弗兰克 你傻了吗? |
[59:25] | They’re attacking us! Stop babbling and shoot!” | 他们在攻击我们! 不要说话 快点还击!” |
[59:32] | I finally realize that I must | 最终我认识到 |
[59:35] | take drastic steps. I grab him and say | 我必须把枪抢过来 我狠狠抓住他 吼道 |
[59:38] | “Listen Erez give me the MAG or I’ll take it by force!” | “听着 艾瑞兹 乖乖把MAG给我 别逼我动手!” |
[1:00:09] | Whether an eternity or just a minute | 也许过了10分钟 也许只是10秒钟 |
[1:00:12] | there was Frenkel at the junction | 弗兰克就那样在路中间开枪 |
[1:00:15] | with bullets flying past him in every direction. | 子弹从他手里铺天盖地的飞向敌人 |
[1:00:19] | Instead of crossing the junction | 并没有向汇合点走去 |
[1:00:22] | I saw him dancing as if in a trance. | 他就像在跳舞 神灵附体 |
[1:00:26] | He cursed the shooters. Like he wanted to stay there forever. | 大骂着敌人 向他们疯狂的倾泻子弹 |
[1:00:30] | As if he wanted to show off his waltz amid the gunfire | 疯狂的炫耀 他那华尔兹般跳跃的枪声和舞步 |
[1:00:35] | with the posters of Bashir above his head. | 在他头顶是巴什尔的大海报 |
[1:00:38] | And Bashir’s followers | 还有巴什尔的追随者 |
[1:00:42] | preparing their big revenge just 200 yards away: | 就像他们在200码外酝酿着大仇杀 |
[1:00:45] | The Sabra and Shatila massacre. | 在萨布拉和夏蒂拉大屠杀 |
[1:00:59] | I’m starting to remember. | 我开始记起一些东西 |
[1:01:03] | I’ve met people I’ve heard stories… | 我见过的人 我听说过的事… |
[1:01:06] | Stories about myself. | 那些自己的故事 |
[1:01:09] | I didn’t want to believe them. | 不敢相信 |
[1:01:12] | So what can’t you remember? | 那么 你记起了什么? |
[1:01:16] | The day of the massacre. I can remember everything else. | 大屠杀之日 我依旧记得发生的一切 |
[1:01:22] | I don’t understand why people were so surprised | 我不明白 人们为何如此惊讶 |
[1:01:27] | that the Phalangists carried out the massacre. | 黎巴嫩长枪党制造的大屠杀 |
[1:01:30] | I knew all along how ruthless they were. | 我亲眼看到了他们的残暴 |
[1:01:37] | During the storming of Beirut we were in the slaughterhouse. | 攻占贝鲁特的时候 屠杀就在我们眼前发生的 |
[1:01:42] | Where? – The slaughterhouse that junk yard | – 哪里? – 屠场 那个离我们几米远的烂肉堆 |
[1:01:46] | where they took the Palestinians | 在那里 他们抓住那些巴勒斯坦人 |
[1:01:49] | interrogated them and executed them. | 严刑拷问 然后屠杀掉 |
[1:01:51] | It was like being on an LSD trip. | 就像在光怪陆离的地域 |
[1:02:02] | They carried body parts of murdered Palestinians | 他们切下被杀的巴勒斯坦人的一部分 |
[1:02:06] | preserved in jars of formaldehyde. | 泡在装满甲醛的罐子里 |
[1:02:10] | They had fingers eyeballs anything you wanted. | 有手指 眼球等等 任何他们能想要的 |
[1:02:21] | And always pictures of Bashir. | 到处都是巴什尔的画像 |
[1:02:24] | Bashir pendants Bashir watches Bashir this Bashir that… | 巴什尔头像的挂件 巴什尔头像的手表 巴什尔这个 巴什尔那个… |
[1:02:28] | Bashir was to them what David Bowie was to me. | 巴什尔对于他们来说 就像大卫・鲍伊对我一样 |
[1:02:34] | A star an idol a prince admirable. | 一个明星 一个偶像 一个王子 一个让人惊叹的人 |
[1:02:40] | I think they even felt an eroticism for him. | 我想他们甚至看他的画像能产生性冲动 |
[1:02:43] | Totally erotic. | 柏拉图式的性冲动 |
[1:02:47] | Their idol was about to become king. | 长枪党快要把巴舍尔奉为皇帝 |
[1:02:49] | We were the ones to crown him. | 而我们就是给他”加冕”的人 |
[1:02:52] | The next day he was murdered. | 第二天 他被刺杀了 |
[1:02:55] | It was obvious they’d avenge his death in some perverse way. | 很明显 长枪党人将用病态的方式疯狂报复 |
[1:03:00] | It was as if their wife had been murdered. | 就像他们的”老婆”被人杀了 |
[1:03:03] | This was about family honor which runs deep. | 必须疯狂的反击 这关乎家庭的荣誉 这是男人的”正义” |
[1:03:10] | Why did you come back? | 你为什么回来? |
[1:03:11] | I’m still having these hallucinations | 我脑海里经常浮现 |
[1:03:14] | about the massacre on the beach. | 大屠杀和海滩的幻觉 |
[1:03:18] | And you’re there with me. | 幻觉里有我 还有你 |
[1:04:00] | You’re crazy. | 你疯了? |
[1:04:02] | You’re obsessed. | 你鬼迷心窍了? |
[1:04:05] | Beach? What are you talking about? | 海滩? 你到底在说什么? |
[1:04:07] | Who was on the beach that night? | 那个晚上没人在海滩上? |
[1:04:10] | What beach? | 哪个海滩? |
[1:04:23] | I’ve reached a dead end. | 我快死了 |
[1:04:26] | I can’t find anyone who was with me at the massacre. | 我找不到一个在大屠杀时和我在一起的人 |
[1:04:31] | No one who was with me | 好像压根就没人和我在一起 |
[1:04:34] | has any solid memories of the days of the massacre. | 你有清晰的记忆吗? 关于那些天里发生的大屠杀? |
[1:04:39] | I only have this one vision. | 我有一个假设 |
[1:04:43] | And Carmi the only person in my vision | 而卡米唯一一个我能记起的人 |
[1:04:46] | denies being there with me. | 却否认和我一起去了那里 |
[1:04:49] | It’s still real. – It’s a vision. | – 那是真实的. – 这是个幻觉 |
[1:04:52] | But it’s yours. Shall I explain? – Yes. | – 但是你幻觉的! 要我解释吗? – 是的 |
[1:04:55] | What does the sea symbolize in dreams? Fear. Feelings. | 幻觉中的大海象征什么? 让人恐惧 反感 |
[1:05:01] | The massacre frightens you | 大屠杀让你精神崩溃 |
[1:05:03] | makes you uneasy. You were close to it. | 让你不安 它困扰着你 |
[1:05:06] | That doesn’t help me much. | 那对我没什么帮助 |
[1:05:08] | Your interest in the massacre developed long before it happened. | 你想找寻大屠杀发生的原因 |
[1:05:14] | Your interest in the massacre stems from another massacre. | 你对大屠杀感兴趣的根源是 另外一场大屠杀 |
[1:05:17] | Your interest in those camps is actually about the “other” camps. | 你对被屠杀的难民营感兴趣 实际上是因为 “其他” 难民营 |
[1:05:22] | Were your parents in camps? – Yes. | – 你的父母也在难民营待过? – 是的 |
[1:05:24] | Auschwitz? – Yes. | – 奥斯威辛集中营? – 是的 |
[1:05:26] | So the massacre has been with you since you were six. | 所以大屠杀的阴影从你懂事起就一直伴随着你 |
[1:05:31] | You lived through the massacre and those camps. | 你经历了大屠杀 看见难民营里发生的事情 |
[1:05:35] | Your only solution is to find out what really happened | 你唯一的解决办法是找出究竟发生了什么 |
[1:05:40] | in Sabra and Shatila. Seek out people. | 在萨布拉和夏蒂拉的难民营 找到某人 |
[1:05:44] | Find out what really happened ask who was there. | 找出真相 所以你想知道谁在那儿 |
[1:05:47] | Get details and more details. That way… | 获取当时的细节 更多的细节 接着… |
[1:05:52] | Then maybe you can find out where you were exactly. | 你会找到自己当时到底在哪里 |
[1:05:57] | and what role you played. | 扮演了什么角色 |
[1:06:08] | On that day we were sent to a certain post. | 那天我们被派去执行某项任务 |
[1:06:13] | It was actually on a hill. This hill | 实际上是在一处高地上 这座高地… |
[1:06:17] | was opposite the western sector of the refugee camp. | 的对面就西区的难民营 |
[1:06:22] | From where I was I could see the settlement houses. | 从我待的地方 我能看到居民区的房子 |
[1:06:28] | There was occasional shooting. We tried to locate them | 偶尔有枪声 我们试图找到射击者 |
[1:06:31] | and retaliate. | 并还击 |
[1:06:38] | The Christian Phalangist forces began to arrive. | 黎巴嫩基督教长枪党的军队很快到了 |
[1:06:41] | In full kit soldiers in Israeli uniforms | 装备齐全 穿着以色列士兵军装 |
[1:06:44] | took position behind tanks. | 在坦克后面安营扎寨 |
[1:06:48] | I was called for a briefing. It was in English. | 我向他们要指令 用英文向他们大叫 |
[1:06:53] | What was it about? – They told us that the Christians | – 他们说什么? – 他们告诉我们 |
[1:06:58] | would enter the camp and we would give them cover. | 长枪党将在我们支援下进入难民营 |
[1:07:02] | Once they had purged the camps. | 一旦他们开始清理难民营 |
[1:07:06] | we would seize control. | 我们要控制局面 |
[1:07:08] | Purged of what? – Palestinian Terrorists. | – 清除什么? – 巴勒斯坦恐怖分子 |
[1:08:02] | The next morning they began to bring out civilians. | 第二天早上 他们开始把平民像赶牲口一样赶出来 |
[1:08:13] | The civilians were led out of the camps | 驱逐平民离开难民营 |
[1:08:18] | in a long line. | 让他们排成长长的一队 |
[1:08:22] | The Phalangists watched on constantly shouting at them | 长枪党人在旁边押送 他们不断吼叫着训斥那些人 |
[1:08:27] | and occasionally firing into the air. | 并不断朝天开枪 |
[1:08:30] | There were women old people | 那里有妇女 老人 |
[1:08:32] | and children walking in a line towards the stadium. | 还有儿童排成一线走着 |
[1:08:39] | From inside the tank did you wonder where they were taking them? | 在坦克里 你担心过他们会被带到哪里去吗? |
[1:08:45] | Did you think about it? | 那你想过没有? |
[1:08:48] | Not really because wherever we went | 没有 因为无论我们走到哪里 |
[1:08:51] | an announcement was made upon entering a camp. | 宣称我们攻占了那个地方后 |
[1:08:55] | Civilians were ordered out. | 一些仍被认为是反政府武装的平民 |
[1:08:59] | Those remaining were considered rebels. | 都会被带出来 |
[1:09:01] | It seemed quite natural to say to the residents | 这对平民来说是很自然的事情 |
[1:09:07] | “If you don’t want to get hurt then come out!” | “如果你不想受伤害 现在就给我出去!” |
[1:09:34] | On that day I drove to Docha a city on the coast. | 一天我开车去多哈城 一个海滨小城 |
[1:09:39] | It had an Israel Defense Forces landing field. | 那有一个以色列空军基地 |
[1:09:44] | On the way | 在路上 |
[1:09:46] | many Phalangist half-track vehicles appeared. | 看到许多长枪党的半履带车 |
[1:09:49] | They shouted with joy as they headed towards the airfield. | 他们高声谈笑 就像刚听过他们领导人的战前动员 |
[1:09:56] | At the airfield I met a Colonel friend. | 在机场 我遇到一个朋友 是个上校 |
[1:10:01] | He told me | 他告诉我 |
[1:10:04] | “Have you heard what’s happening in the refugee camps?” | “你听说了难民营发生的事情吗?” |
[1:10:07] | He had pointed to Sabra and Shatila. | 他指出地点在”萨布拉和夏蒂拉” |
[1:10:10] | “What’s happening?” I asked. | “发生什么?” 我问道 |
[1:10:14] | “I didn’t witness it myself | “我没亲眼看见 |
[1:10:16] | but they say there was a terrible massacre.” | 但他们说那有个可怕的大屠杀” |
[1:10:20] | Palestinians were slaughtered. I heard they put them on trucks. | 巴勒斯坦人被屠杀 我听说长枪党的把难民送上卡车带去附近体育场 |
[1:10:27] | I was told that crucifixes were carved on their chests. | 在他们胸口刻上十字架 |
[1:10:32] | They were wounded some in critical condition. | 很多人遇害 情况很糟糕 |
[1:10:37] | They were put on trucks and taken to an unknown destination. | 他们不知道被卡车送到哪 |
[1:10:50] | We saw a Phalangist soldier | 我们看到长枪党的士兵 |
[1:10:54] | taking an old man away. | 带着一个老人走进房子 |
[1:10:59] | At some point we heard shots. | 几秒钟后 我们听到了枪声 |
[1:11:03] | We heard shots. | 大概有3、4下吧 |
[1:11:06] | Then the soldier came out alone. | 然后剩那个士兵一个出来了 |
[1:11:10] | We asked him what happened. | 我们问他发生了什么事 |
[1:11:14] | We couldn’t hear him but his gestures meant “Boom!” | 我们听不到他在说什么 但是他的动作告诉我们: “���!” |
[1:11:21] | We understood that he’d told the man to kneel down before him. | 我们通过他的动作明白了 他要老人向他下跪 |
[1:11:26] | When he refused he shot his knees. When he refused again | 老人拒绝了 他就打碎了老人的膝盖 当老人再次拒绝 |
[1:11:29] | he shot him in the stomach and head. | 长枪党人向他的头部开了几枪 |
[1:11:35] | Didn’t you ever realize | 你从来没意识到… |
[1:11:39] | that trucks were going in empty and coming out full | 卡车是装满人去的 而空着回来的? |
[1:11:44] | women and children were brought out and bulldozers went in? | 妇女和儿童被威吓着押出来 然后用推土机开进去… |
[1:11:50] | That maybe a massacre is taking place? | 也许他们会被带到什么地方屠杀掉? |
[1:11:51] | Did you wonder why you didn’t realize earlier? | 现在说起来 你不惊讶当时为何没早点想到这些吗? |
[1:11:57] | Yes of course. | 是的 我很惊讶 |
[1:12:00] | I realized something was happening only when my men told me. | 我意识到什么可怕的事情正在发生时 是在我的人上报了一些事情之后 |
[1:12:06] | From the top of their tanks | 我的兵站在坦克顶上 |
[1:12:09] | they started shouting “They are shooting people!” | 开始高呼 “他们正在屠杀平民!” |
[1:12:26] | They claim that people were lined up against the well and shot. | 那些人要难民排成一排趴在墙上 然后开枪 |
[1:12:31] | So I called my commanding officer. | 我马上给官长打电话 |
[1:12:36] | I told him what I heard was going on in the camps. | 我告诉他难民营里正发生的事情 |
[1:12:42] | He said ” We know about it. It’s under control. We reported it.” | 他说 “我们都知道 局面在我们控制之下 上面没有新的指示” |
[1:12:47] | As far as I was concerned the army was handling it. | 我理解的意思 就是要我们什么也不管 原地待命 |
[1:12:51] | Where was the operations room the headquarters? | 指挥部在哪? 总指挥部 |
[1:12:56] | About 100 yards away. On top of a very tall building. | 大概100米以外 在一座高楼的顶上 |
[1:13:01] | How tall? – Tall enough to see everything. | – 多高? – 高到足够看到下面发生的一切 |
[1:13:05] | They surely had a better view than I did. | 他们有更好的视野-肯定比我看得清楚 |
[1:13:34] | I didn’t want to walk around at night so I drove | 我不想在夜间走路 所以我开车出去了 |
[1:13:39] | to my place in Bahabda. I had an apartment in Beirut. | 去部队在亚哈的驻地 我在贝鲁特有间房子 |
[1:13:43] | Micha Friedman was with me. We decided to make dinner. | 我找到 米莎・弗里德曼 然后一起去吃晚饭 |
[1:13:48] | Micha invited the guys from the regiment of the 211th Brigade. | 米莎邀请了一些211旅的军官 |
[1:13:56] | During the meal the regiment commander took me aside. | 席间 兵团指挥官把我拉到一边 |
[1:14:01] | He said: ” Ron | 他说”罗恩 |
[1:14:04] | my men say there’s a massacre going on in the camps.” | 我的人说长枪党正在难民营里清洗巴勒斯坦人” |
[1:14:10] | He mentioned one or two incidents | 他提到几件事情 |
[1:14:14] | saying a family was seen shot. | 说有一大家子都被射杀了 |
[1:14:17] | I asked him again “Did you see it yourself?” | 我反问他 “你亲眼看见了吗?” |
[1:14:21] | “I didn’t” he said “but my soldiers told me about it. | “没有” 他说 “但是我手下的人告诉我了 |
[1:14:24] | The officers sitting here did too.” | 吃饭的军官们也都在说这个” |
[1:14:28] | We talked about it over dinner later. | 我们晚饭后又谈了一会 |
[1:14:31] | As soon as they left at 11:30 pm | 他们在午夜离开后 |
[1:14:37] | I knocked back a whiskey and phoned Defense Minister Arik Sharon. | 我喝了些威士忌后 打电话给国防部长阿里克・沙龙 |
[1:14:43] | At his ranch. | 他还在他的农场度假 |
[1:14:45] | Arik was half asleep. | 睡得有点迷糊 |
[1:14:49] | I said “I’ve heard there’s a massacre going on Arik. | 我说”我听说 难民营的平民正在被屠杀 阿里克 |
[1:14:56] | They are slaughtering Palestinians. We have to put a stop to it.” | 长枪党在屠杀巴勒斯坦人 我们必须做点什么” |
[1:15:01] | He asked me “Did you see it yourself?” | 他问我 “你亲眼看见了吗?” |
[1:15:06] | “No” I said ” but there are several witnesses who saw it.” | “没有”我说”但是不少人看见了 他们可以作证” |
[1:15:13] | “Okay” he said. | “好吧” 他说 |
[1:15:16] | “T hanks for bringing it to my attention. ” That was all. | “谢谢你半夜给我打电话指出来 ” 这就是结果 |
[1:15:19] | You’d normally say | 一般你会说 |
[1:15:20] | “I’ll check it out I’ll look into it. ” But no! | “我会调查的 仔细的调查”但是 他没有这样说! |
[1:15:23] | He said | 他居然说 |
[1:15:24] | ” Thanks for bringing it to my attention. Happy New Year!” | “谢谢你半夜给我打电话指出来 赎罪日快乐!” |
[1:15:30] | Well something along those lines. Then back to sleep! | 好吧 事情就这样了 该睡觉了! |
[1:15:33] | It’s amazing. A massacre took place | 让人震惊 大规模的屠杀开始了 |
[1:15:37] | it was carried out by Christian Phalangists. | 是那些黎巴嫩基督教民兵干的 |
[1:15:42] | All around were several circles of our soldiers | 这些事情就发生在我们周围 |
[1:15:48] | Every circle had some information. | 每个驻扎点都传来消息 |
[1:15:51] | The first one had the most. However | 第一次听到这样的消息让人震惊 但是 |
[1:15:55] | the penny didn’t drop. | 听着听着就麻木了 |
[1:15:58] | They didn’t realize they were witnessing a genocide. | 他们没有意识到 他们见证的是一场种族灭绝 |
[1:16:01] | What circle were you in? | 你站在哪一边的? |
[1:16:02] | In the second or third. | 我同情他们 |
[1:16:05] | What did you do? | 那你做了什么? |
[1:16:10] | We stood on a roof and saw the sky was lit up. | 我只是站在屋顶 看着天上落下的焰火 |
[1:16:15] | With what? – Flares. | – 什么焰火? – 照明弹 |
[1:16:19] | Flares that must have helped them do what they were doing. | 没有照明弹的帮助 基督教长枪党的人 无法…”顺利工作” |
[1:16:29] | Did you fire the flares? | 你也发射了照明弹吗? |
[1:16:31] | Is that important? | 那重要吗? |
[1:16:33] | Does it make any difference if I fired them | 我发没发射有什么不同吗? |
[1:16:37] | or if I just saw the flares that helped people shoot others? | 我看着一切发生 冷漠的看着照明弹照耀下的他们射杀平民? |
[1:16:43] | In your state of mind at that time it didn’t really make a difference. | 从你当时居然能有心情欣赏照明弹来看 确实没什么不同 |
[1:16:47] | You can’t remember the massacre because in your opinion | 你对大屠杀记忆并不深刻 是因为在你看来 |
[1:16:50] | the murderers and those around them are the same circle. | 你们就那么看着屠杀发生 和亲自动手没什么区别 |
[1:16:56] | You felt guilty at the age of 19. | 19岁 留下了青春期的阴影 |
[1:16:59] | Unwillingly you took on the role of the Nazi. | 你不相信自己 和纳粹分子做了同样的事情 |
[1:17:02] | You were there firing flares | 你是发射了照明弹 |
[1:17:05] | but you didn’t carry out the massacre. | 但你没有动手屠杀他们 |
[1:17:22] | I woke up at 5 or 5:30 and I woke everyone up | 我早上5点多醒来 然后叫起所有人 |
[1:17:28] | the whole team. | 整个队伍 |
[1:17:31] | Then I drove to Sabra and Shatila. | 然后 我开车去”萨布拉和夏蒂拉”. |
[1:17:35] | When I arrived there… | 当我到达时… |
[1:17:38] | What a mess! | 真是人间地狱! |
[1:17:42] | You know that picture from the Warsaw ghetto? | 你在华沙犹太人区时看过现场照片吗? |
[1:17:47] | The one with the kid holding his hands in the air? | 一个孩子举着双手那张? |
[1:17:53] | That’s just how the long line of women | 长长的队列中你能看见有妇女 |
[1:17:56] | old people and children looked. | 老人 小孩 |
[1:18:00] | I thought about going to Brigadier Amos’s headquarters | 我正准备去见总部的 阿莫斯・纳曼准将 |
[1:18:04] | but as I was leaving Amos suddenly turned up. | 正要调头时 阿莫斯・纳曼 突然出现了 |
[1:18:08] | He drove to the head of the convoy. | 他开到队伍前面 |
[1:18:11] | His angry gestures forced them to stop. | 愤怒的向基督长枪党人大叫 强迫他们停下来 |
[1:18:15] | And that was the end of it. | 就这样 大屠杀结束了! |
[1:18:21] | 停止射击!立刻停止射击 | |
[1:18:25] | 这是命令!停止射击!所有人都给我回家! | |
[1:18:32] | 现在就给我回家!现在! | |
[1:18:48] | The Phalangists withdrew back up the street. | 基督教长枪党民兵往街这边走 |
[1:18:52] | The women and children returned to the camp. | 妇女和孩子转身回了难民营. |
[1:18:57] | The Palestinians? – Yes. | – 巴基斯坦人? – 是的 |
[1:19:07] | I said to my men “We’re going in with them… | 我对我的人说 “我们进去看看… |
[1:19:12] | With those women and children. | 跟着那些难民营的人 |
[1:19:16] | We’ll see what happened in there.” | 我们去看看哪里发生了什么” |
[1:19:20] | Inside the camp we saw a huge amount of rubble. | 在难民营里 我们看到了大量的废墟 |
[1:19:23] | My eye caught | 我四处张望 直到我看到… |
[1:19:25] | a hand a small hand. | 一个脑袋 小脑袋 |
[1:19:28] | A child’s hand stuck out from the rubble. | 一个小孩的脑袋 被半埋在废墟里 |
[1:19:34] | I looked a bit closer and saw curls. | 我靠近了一点 看到他有着一头卷发 |
[1:19:40] | A head of curls covered in dust. It was hard to make out. | 他的脸上很脏. 很难形容出那种景象 |
[1:19:46] | But it was a head exposed up to the nose. | 那个小孩的头就在那 只能看到鼻子以上的部分 |
[1:19:54] | A hand and a head. | 头部….还有半只手臂 |
[1:19:56] | My own daughter was the same age as that little girl. | 我妹妹和她一样大 |
[1:20:01] | And she had curly hair too. | 她也是那样的卷发 |
[1:20:10] | The Palestinians in refugee camps have houses with courtyards. | 难民营中的巴勒斯坦人倒塌的房屋里… |
[1:20:14] | These courtyards were full of bodies of women and children. | 全是妇女和小孩的尸体 |
[1:20:17] | The young men had been shot first. | 最先被杀害的是年轻人 |
[1:20:21] | Then the rest of the family was dealt with. | 然后是他的其他家人 |
[1:20:25] | We entered one alley a very narrow alley… | 我们进入一个胡同 一个非常狭窄的小巷… |
[1:20:30] | the width of a man and a half | 只有正常男人一个半那么宽 |
[1:20:33] | That alley was full… | 那巷子里全是尸体… |
[1:20:37] | Piled up to the height of a man’s chest | 堆到了我胸口的高度 |
[1:20:42] | with the bodies of young men. | 全是年轻人的尸体… |
[1:20:45] | That’s when I became aware of the results of the massacre. | 那时 我才明明白白知道了 什么是大屠杀 |
[1:21:49] | 这要我怎么活啊! | |
[1:21:57] | 我的孩子啊…! | |
[1:22:05] | 阿拉伯人 都是阿拉伯人干的 死了!死了!都死光了! |