时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:16] | Hola, amigos. Happy Cinco de Mayo. | 你们好 朋友们 5月5日节快乐 |
[00:19] | What do you call a cargo ship full of mayonnaise that goes down in the ocean? | 五月花号沉入海底怎么说 |
[00:22] | Sink-o-da-mayo. | 五月”无” |
[00:23] | Oh, my God. Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[00:25] | Such a bad joke. | 谐音梗真不好笑 |
[00:27] | Anyways, today we’re covering IPOs, initial public offerings. | 不管了 今天我们要讲IPO 即首次公开募股 |
[00:31] | An IPO is the process by which a private company becomes a public one. | 首次公开募股 就是私人公司变成上市公司的过程 |
[00:35] | For a founder, ultimate success sounds like a ringing bell, | 对公司创始人来说 终极的成功听起来像钟声 |
[00:38] | specifically the opening bell of the New York Stock Exchange. | 具体来说就是纽约证交所开市的钟声 |
[00:43] | Uh-oh. | 不好 |
[00:47] | Going public has many pros. | 公司上市有很多好处 |
[00:50] | But it’s also got a big old con. | 但也有一个很大的缺点 |
[00:53] | The risk that the IPO could fail. | 就是首次公开募股有失败的风险 |
[00:57] | IPO is the make-or-break moment. | 首次公开募股是个不成功便成仁的时刻 |
[01:00] | It separates the winners from the losers. | 它是赢家和输家的分水岭 |
[01:02] | The Googles from the Groupons. | 一边是谷歌 一边是Groupon |
[01:04] | The Amazons from the Pet.coms. | 一边是亚马逊 一边是Pet.com |
[01:06] | Going public means that you are literally going public. | 上市意味着真的要把公司推向市场 |
[01:11] | Joe Ordinary gets to see your dirty laundry, | 张三和李四都能看到你的财务报表 |
[01:13] | skid marks and all. | 看得一清二楚 |
[01:15] | How’ve you been running your company? | 公司过去运营如何 |
[01:16] | How much have you actually been making? Or losing? | 到底赚了多少钱 赔了多少钱 |
[01:19] | Which is why some founders try to keep the enemy outside the gate | 这就是为什么有些创始人 想把首次公开募股拒之门外 |
[01:23] | for as long as possible. | 越久越好 |
[01:24] | You shall not pass! | 你休想从这里过去 |
[02:47] | My assistant was supposed to put it together, | 我的助理应该把它组装好的 |
[02:49] | but he twisted his ankle this morning, or broke it. | 但他今天早上扭伤了脚踝 或是骨折了 |
[02:52] | I don’t know. I’m not a doctor. | 我也不知道 我不是医生 |
[02:54] | He tripped over the suitcases. | 他被行李箱绊倒了 |
[02:56] | My other assistant took him to the ER. | 我的另一个助理送他去了急诊室 |
[02:59] | Which is okay, because we adjust. | 这没关系 因为我们会调整 |
[03:01] | We adapt. We improvise! Right? | 会适应 我们随机应变 对吗 |
[03:05] | I don’t know if anyone told you, but it’s my superpower. | 我不知道有没有人和你们说过 但这是我的超能力 |
[03:10] | Change. | 就是应变 |
[03:12] | Why are you coming to us? | 你为什么来找我们 |
[03:15] | Because you have all the money, huh? | 因为你们很有钱 对吧 |
[03:24] | WeWork is a… | WeWork是一个 |
[03:28] | It’s a family business. | 是个家族企业 |
[03:30] | And we’re at our strongest | 我们要发挥出最强大的实力 |
[03:32] | when we find the right partners to join the family. You understand? | 就得找到合适的合作伙伴 加入这个家族 明白吗 |
[03:36] | I still don’t see how you’re a tech company. | 我还是不明白你们怎么算科技公司 |
[03:38] | The point of the model is to demonstrate | 这正是模型的作用 是为了演示 |
[03:41] | how tech drives workplace insights. | 科技如何激发工作场所的洞察力 |
[03:44] | Yeah, which conference rooms are being booked. | 对 哪间会议室被预订了 |
[03:47] | If space is being used efficiently. | 空间是否得到了高效利用 |
[03:50] | Efficiency is… | 效率是 |
[03:52] | That’s Google. | 谷歌的强项 |
[03:54] | Why are you coming to us? | 你为什么找我们 |
[03:56] | Why not SoftBank? | 为什么不找软银 |
[03:57] | SoftBank remains wildly committed. | 软银继续保持深度参与状态 |
[04:01] | Adam, sorry. Why not just IPO? | 亚当 抱歉 为什么不做首次公开募股 |
[04:57] | How sweet was that? | 这也太棒了吧 |
[05:03] | Well, the kids were great, | 孩子们都很棒 |
[05:05] | but everything else was embarrassing. | 但其他的一切都令人尴尬 |
[05:07] | Teachers’ shoes should be white, black, or beige, | 老师的鞋子应该是白色 黑色或米黄色 |
[05:09] | and for God’s sakes no laces. | 还有天啊 不能有鞋带 |
[05:12] | Ms. Myers is a stress-dream on that tambourine. | 蹦床上的迈尔斯老师简直是焦虑制造者 |
[05:14] | How do you not know how to play a tambourine? It’s a tambourine. | 怎么会有人不会玩蹦床 那是个蹦床啊 |
[05:17] | And don’t even get me started on the pitch of Mr. Ivey’s voice. | 我都不想说艾维老师的音调了 |
[05:23] | Feel free to start writing this down whenever it suits you, Bea. | 贝亚 你觉得合适的时候 把这些记下来就好 不急 |
[05:27] | That you don’t like the pitch of Mr. Ivey’s voice? | 记下你不喜欢艾维老师的音调 |
[05:30] | Yes. | 是的 |
[05:31] | God, you’d think that in New York you could find a teacher | 天啊 我还以为在纽约就能找到一个 |
[05:33] | that could both sing and teach. | 既会唱歌又会教学的老师呢 |
[05:37] | I’m ready to move on to action items. | 我准备继续说待办事项了 |
[05:39] | -Are you? -Ready. | -你准备好了吗 -好了 |
[05:40] | I rechecked the website this morning. | 我今天早上又看了一下网站 |
[05:42] | Tell Gavin I’m still finding placeholder text | 告诉加文 我还是能找到占位符文本 |
[05:45] | and Helvetica. | 和Helvetica字体 |
[05:47] | Not acceptable. | 这是不可接受的 |
[05:48] | I called the front desk line at 11:23. | 我在11点23分打了前台的电话 |
[05:51] | No one answered. Five rings, straight to voice mail. | 没人接听 响了五声后 直接转入了语音信箱 |
[05:53] | Tell Lisa that’s not acceptable. | 告诉丽莎这是不可接受的 |
[05:55] | Set a meeting with Nicole re: expansion plans | 和妮可安排一次扩张计划的会议 |
[05:58] | for WeGrow San Fran and Tel Aviv, | 讨论WeGrow旧金山和特拉维夫的分校 |
[06:00] | the pace of scholarship funding, which is just… | 奖学金的进度实在是 |
[06:04] | …and the lemonade stand. | 还有柠檬水摊位 |
[06:05] | So… | 所以 |
[06:08] | The lemonade stand. | 柠檬水摊位 |
[06:10] | We’re gonna take kids to our farm | 我们要带孩子们去我们的农场 |
[06:12] | and then have them pick vegetables, | 让他们采摘蔬菜 |
[06:14] | sell them to WeWork employees. | 再卖给WeWork员工 |
[06:15] | It’s gonna be the lemonade stand for the 21st century. | 它将成为21世纪的环保柠檬水摊位 |
[06:18] | Conscious entrepreneurship. | 这就是有意识的创业精神 |
[06:19] | Entrepreneurship for five-year-olds? | 五岁小孩子的创业精神 |
[06:24] | I just heard it too. | 我刚刚才听过这话 |
[06:26] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[06:27] | We’ll include the younger kids. But you have to order the car seats. | 我们要把更小的孩子也带上 但你得去订购汽车儿童椅 |
[06:30] | Where are the admission certificates for next year’s class? | 明年班级的入学证明在哪 |
[06:32] | I have them, but there’s a typo. | 在我这里 但有一个字打错了 |
[06:34] | It says, “Class of 2031.” | 上面写着”2031年毕业班” |
[06:36] | No, that’s right. | 不 没错 |
[06:37] | That’s when they’re gonna graduate from WeGrow High School. | 那是他们从WeGrow高中毕业的年份 |
[06:41] | Of course. | 当然了 |
[06:42] | I’ll sign them. | 我来签字 |
[06:45] | I’m not just going to abandon kids to normative education experiences, Bea. | 贝亚 我不会放弃孩子们 让他们去体验标准教育的 |
[06:49] | I wanna educate them from birth to death. | 他们从出生到死亡 我希望都由我来教育 |
[06:52] | What about that for a slogan? | 这句话当我们的口号如何 |
[06:54] | “From birth to death.” | “从出生到死亡” |
[06:58] | -Yeah. -Can you mock that up on a banner? | -好啊 -你能做一个测试用的横幅吗 |
[07:00] | So that way I could see it. | 这样我能看看效果 |
[07:02] | Great. That’s it. | 好 就这样 |
[07:04] | Okay. | 好 |
[07:41] | Adam. | 亚当 |
[07:42] | You’ve been in the Valley for a week. Nobody’s coming in. | 你去硅谷一周了 没有人会投资的 |
[07:45] | It’s time. You have to IPO. | 是时候了 你必须进行首次公开募股 |
[08:00] | Motek. I tried to make it back in time for us to have breakfast together, | 亲爱的 我努力赶回来 想和你共进早餐 |
[08:04] | but you’re up so early. | 可你起得太早了 |
[08:07] | How about I make a tofu scramble | 我来做一份炒豆腐 |
[08:10] | and some green juice to start your day? | 和一点绿色果汁来为你开启新的一天吧 |
[08:12] | If you’ll excuse me. I have to go run the school that you gave me. | 失陪了 我得去经营你给我的那所学校了 |
[08:15] | -I didn’t mean it to come out that way…-I know you don’t think I do anything. | -我不是那个意思 -我知道你认为我什么也不干 |
[08:18] | But I actually do. | 但我确实在工作 |
[08:21] | -Motek. Please. -No, no. You made it perfectly clear. | -亲爱的 拜托 -不 你说得很清楚了 |
[08:27] | -Motek…-My therapist said, | -亲爱的 -我的治疗师说了 |
[08:28] | “You can only hate someone you truly love.” | “你只会恨自己真正爱的人” |
[08:31] | Guess I truly love you. | 看来我是真的爱你 |
[08:37] | And how are you gonna get this back on track? | 你打算如何让公司重回正轨 |
[08:42] | Adam? | 亚当 |
[08:44] | Who said we’re off track? | 谁说我们没在正轨了 |
[08:46] | We’re on exactly the right track, Jamie. | 我们的轨道正得很 杰米 |
[08:48] | The track the universe wants us to be on. | 这是命运让我们走的轨道 |
[08:51] | -So, no luck in the Valley? -They lack vision. | -硅谷之行无功而返 -他们缺乏远见 |
[08:55] | By the way, I’m going to need to increase our personal line of credit. | 对了 我需要提高我们的个人信贷限额 |
[08:58] | Not by much. Just a bit to give us a little breathing room. | 不用太多 能帮我们缓解一点压力就好 |
[09:01] | What are you up to, total? | 你现在总共用掉多少了 |
[09:03] | 380 million. | 三亿八千万 |
[09:05] | Nothing for you to do. I’ll speak to the lending team myself. | 你什么都不必做 我会亲自和借贷团队谈的 |
[09:11] | And what’s WeWork’s burn rate these days? | 现在WeWork的资金消耗率是多少 |
[09:14] | Fifty-eight million a week. | 一周五千八百万 |
[09:16] | That’s a lot of money. | 这金额可不小 |
[09:17] | Not compared to what we’ll make. | 和我们将来能赚的相比不算多 |
[09:21] | Well… | 是这样 |
[09:24] | We’ve issued you, personally, what? | 我们给你发放的个人信贷有多少 |
[09:26] | Ninety-seven million in low-interest mortgages? | 有九千七百万低息抵押贷款吧 |
[09:29] | Bought a stake in the company. | 你买了公司的股份 |
[09:31] | A stake that is now worth over 600 million. | 这股份现在价值超过了六亿 |
[09:35] | Why not go public? | 为什么不上市 |
[09:38] | Why not IPO? | 为什么不做IPO |
[09:43] | I don’t want to answer to anyone. | 我不想受控于任何人 |
[09:45] | Well, billions of dollars tend to make that go down easier. | 能赚几十亿的话 这也没那么难接受 |
[10:00] | All these different shapes. | 各种形状都有啊 |
[10:05] | This leaf here, what is this one? | 这个叶子代表什么 |
[10:07] | Bloom Energy. Traded up more than 66% on the first day of trading. | 布鲁姆能源公司 上市第一天股价飙升超过66% |
[10:10] | Wow, 66% on the first day? | 天啊 第一天飙升66% |
[10:15] | And this? | 这个呢 |
[10:16] | Dropbox. Up more than 35%, first day. | Dropbox 第一天股价上升超过35% |
[10:20] | Impressive. | 厉害 |
[10:23] | And what would mine be? | 我的公司呢 |
[10:32] | A unicorn. | 独角兽公司 |
[10:36] | A unicorn. | 独角兽公司 |
[10:48] | Okay. The next item up is… | 好 下一项是 |
[10:53] | Enrollment. | 入学率 |
[10:54] | The numbers are dispiriting. | 入学率令人沮丧 |
[10:59] | They’re just not where I need them to be. | 没有达到我的期望 |
[11:02] | So, how do we boost enrollment? | 我们该如何提升入学率 |
[11:10] | We could revamp our social strategy. | 我们可以修改社交媒体策略 |
[11:13] | What social strategy? | 什么社交媒体策略 |
[11:15] | There’s nothing to revamp, Damian. | 没什么可以修改的 戴米安 |
[11:17] | We have 600 followers, okay? No. | 我们有600个粉丝 明白吗 不 |
[11:20] | We need to think bigger. We need to reach a wider audience. | 我们必须高瞻远瞩 我们必须扩大受众面 |
[11:23] | You were invited on that podcast. | 那个播客邀请你了 |
[11:26] | Interesting. | 有意思 |
[11:27] | Yeah, if you think that going from Vanity Fair to a podcast | 是啊 如果你认为从《名利场》到播客 |
[11:31] | is the right trajectory | 是正确轨迹的话 |
[11:32] | for the chief branding officer of a multi-billion-dollar company, great. | 尤其是对市值数十亿美元公司的 首席品牌官来说 那真是太好了 |
[11:36] | I was actually thinking CNBC. | 我其实是想上CNBC |
[11:39] | Right? Adam is on every other week. | 是吧 亚当每隔一周就上那个电视台 |
[11:44] | They love WeWork. | 他们喜欢WeWork |
[11:45] | This is WeWork’s newest, boldest initiative, | 这是WeWork最新 最大胆的项目 |
[11:48] | reimagining the education system. | 重铸教育体系 |
[11:49] | And they’re getting an exclusive with the CEO. | 他们会独家采访首席执行官的 |
[11:53] | Adam’s schedule is kind of packed. | 亚当的日程很满 |
[11:57] | No. No, Damian. No. Me. | 不 戴米安 不是他 是我 |
[11:59] | I am the CEO of WeGrow. | 我是WeGrow的首席执行官 |
[12:02] | Okay. So, let them know that I’m gonna tease our expansion plans, | 好了 告诉他们我会透露一些 关于扩张计划的消息 |
[12:06] | I’m gonna talk about our global network of schools, the innovation in our… | 我会谈我们的全球学校网 我们创新的 |
[12:10] | Welcome to the School of Greatness podcast. | 欢迎收听《伟大学校》播客 |
[12:12] | I’ve got Rebekah Neumann in the house, | 今天的嘉宾是丽贝卡诺伊曼 |
[12:14] | wife of WeWork founder Adam Neumann. | 她是WeWork创始人亚当诺伊曼之妻 |
[12:18] | Actually, I’m… | 其实我 |
[12:20] | thrilled to be here. Thank you. | 能上节目我很兴奋 谢谢 |
[12:21] | The mission of WeGrow | WeGrow的使命 |
[12:23] | and, to be honest, the collective “we” that we’re all living under, | 说实话 我们We公司中那个共同的”We” |
[12:27] | is to elevate the world’s consciousness. | 指的是我们要提升全人类的意识 |
[12:32] | It’s really more of a practice | 它其实更像是一种做法 |
[12:34] | and a new approach to life. | 一种新的生活方式 |
[12:36] | How were you inspired to do this? | 你是如何受到启发来做这件事的呢 |
[12:39] | Gosh. | 天啊 |
[12:40] | It was really just a lot of things coming together. | 真的只是很多事都凑到一起了 |
[12:43] | He ended up running off with my best friend. | 他后来跟我的好闺蜜好上了 |
[12:45] | No. | 不会吧 |
[12:46] | Something I wish people knew about me? | 我希望人们了解我的事 |
[12:51] | I’m really… | 我非常 |
[12:54] | flexible? | 灵活 |
[12:56] | -Emotionally? -Physically. | -感情上吗 -身体上 |
[12:59] | A yogi in India once told me | 一位印度的瑜伽士曾经对我说 |
[13:02] | if you keep your spine nimble then you won’t age. | 如果你保持脊椎灵活 你就不会变老 |
[13:06] | Is that why you look 21? | 这就是你看起来21岁的原因 |
[13:08] | Do I hate? | 我会憎恨他人吗 |
[13:10] | No. | 不会 |
[13:12] | No, I feel sad about things I’ve… | 不 我会为很多事感到悲哀 我 |
[13:19] | Like about what? | 比如什么事 |
[13:21] | Any cruelty. | 任何残忍的事 |
[13:24] | Cruelty to animals. | 虐待动物的行为 |
[13:28] | Kids suffering. | 儿童受苦 |
[13:32] | What we’re doing to the planet. | 我们正在对环境造成的破坏 |
[13:34] | But I don’t hate. | 但我不会去憎恨他人 |
[13:37] | If we can teach people to…And I’m including myself in this. | 如果我们能教育人们 这也包括我自己 |
[13:42] | I remind myself every day | 我每天都提醒自己 |
[13:45] | that by being conscious and sharing, | 通过有意识和分享 |
[13:50] | they will be more fulfilled. | 人们就会更加充实 |
[13:52] | Find your super passion | 找到你最热爱的事 |
[13:55] | and share. | 并去分享 |
[13:58] | And then they will get everything they want, | 然后人们就会得到想要的一切 |
[14:02] | but they have to treat others the way they want to be treated. | 但必须要做到己所不欲勿施于人 |
[14:07] | They have to understand that we are one. | 人们必须明白我们是一个整体 |
[14:22] | Miggy-Migs. | 米格米格斯 |
[14:24] | My brother from five different mothers. | 我那有五个母亲的兄弟 |
[14:27] | Can I come in? | 我能进来吗 |
[14:30] | Yeah. | 能 |
[14:37] | You’ve got a Lichtenstein. | 你买了利希滕斯坦的画 |
[14:38] | Wow, it’s a lot smaller than I thought it would be. | 天啊 这比我想象中小得多 |
[14:43] | What did you pay for it? | 你多少钱买的 |
[14:47] | Twenty dollars from posters.com. | 20美元从poster.com买的 |
[14:51] | We need to get you some real art, my friend. | 我们得给你买点真正的艺术品 朋友 |
[14:53] | Some real art. | 真正的艺术品 |
[15:02] | Miguel. | 米格尔 |
[15:04] | Look out there. | 看看外面 |
[15:06] | Look. | 看啊 |
[15:09] | We built this. | 这是我们创办的 |
[15:10] | This big, beautiful thing. | 这个美丽的大公司 |
[15:13] | We built it, and they all came and joined us. | 我们一手创办的 然后他们都加入了我们 |
[15:20] | I know that you think I don’t listen to you, but I do. | 我知道你觉得我不听你的 但我听 |
[15:23] | I hear you. | 我听得进去 |
[15:26] | What does that mean? | 什么意思 |
[15:28] | You’ll see. | 你会明白的 |
[16:05] | -Well, it’s official. -It’s official! | -正式宣布了 -正式宣布 |
[16:08] | -You filed! -Yes, we filed. We’re going public. | -你们提出申请了 -是的 申请了 我们要上市了 |
[16:10] | -WeWork is going public. -The We Company is going public. | -WeWork要上市了 -We公司要上市了 |
[16:26] | Time to go buy yourself some real art, Miguel. | 你该去给自己 买点真正的艺术品了 米格尔 |
[16:30] | What made you decide you were ready? | 是什么让你决定公司准备好了 |
[16:32] | We’ve always been ready. | 我们一直是准备好的 |
[16:34] | It was just simply a matter of timing. | 只是简单的时机问题而已 |
[16:38] | Okay, 72 hours to figure out how much they’re worth. | 好 用72小时决定他们的市值 |
[16:41] | 100 million in fees for us. Go. | 我们能赚一亿的手续费 去吧 |
[16:48] | Let’s talk about the financials for a sec. | 我们来聊聊财务状况吧 |
[16:49] | Now, you didn’t reveal any financial information in the confidential filing. | 你在密交中没有透露任何财务信息 |
[16:53] | In the presentation you shared with us | 你在演示中和我们分享的是 |
[16:56] | we see that revenue climbed to $1.8 billion in 2017. | 收入在2017年达到了十八亿美元 |
[17:00] | But that was on a net loss of 1.9. | 但这是建立在净亏损十九亿的基础上的 |
[17:12] | Go. | 去吧 |
[17:22] | And we saw a massive jump in membership | 而且会员数量激增 |
[17:25] | from 186,000 to 401,000. | 从十八万六千增加到了四十万一千 |
[17:30] | Uber, Lyft, Pinterest, Slack, and now WeWork. | 优步 来福车 Pinterest Slack 现在还有WeWork |
[17:33] | The We Company. Yeah. | We公司 是的 |
[17:35] | -The We Company. -Thank you very much. | -We公司 -非常感谢 |
[17:37] | Sorry about that. All preparing to go public this year. | 抱歉 这些公司全都打算在今年上市 |
[17:40] | And they’re calling it “the unicorn stampede.” | 人们称之为”独角兽群的狂奔” |
[17:43] | We are rooting for everyone’s success. | 我们为每个人的成功加油 |
[17:46] | There’s no reason not to. | 没有理由不支持 |
[17:47] | We feel very confident about investor demand for our IPO. | 投资者对我们首次公开募股的需求 我们非常有信心 |
[17:52] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[17:55] | Let’s do it. | 我们来吧 |
[18:01] | It’s the right time for the mission of the company. | 现在对公司使命来说是合适的时机 |
[18:08] | -Which is? -To elevate the world’s consciousness. | -使命是 -提升全人类的意识 |
[18:11] | And going public will help us to achieve that mission. | 公司上市能帮助我们达成这一使命 |
[18:16] | Oh, my God. It’s so exciting. | 天啊 太令人兴奋了 |
[18:21] | Can I get a tea? | 能给我倒杯茶吗 |
[18:23] | -Yeah. -Thanks. | -好 -谢谢 |
[18:36] | Mother Teresa. | 德兰修女 |
[18:38] | Bob Marley. | 鲍勃马里 |
[18:40] | Adam Neumann. | 亚当诺伊曼 |
[18:42] | Your goal to elevate the world’s consciousness reminds us of these icons. | 你们提升全人类的意识的目标 让我们想起了这些偶像 |
[18:46] | “Love the life you live. Live the life you love.” | “过你热爱的生活 热爱你过的生活” |
[18:49] | Bob Marley. Rest in power. | 鲍勃马里 愿你安息 力量更坚定 |
[18:53] | The only difference between you and Amazon and Google and Alibaba | 你们和亚马逊 谷歌 和阿里巴巴的唯一区别在于 |
[18:57] | is that you are scaling faster. | 你们扩张的速度更快 |
[19:00] | We are best in class, and the best deserves the best. | 我们是行业中的最强者 最好的公司值得拥有最强者 |
[19:03] | I feel like I know what you value, Adam. | 我觉得我知道你的价值 亚当 |
[19:06] | Personal relationships. | 因为私人关系 |
[19:08] | And I think you already know we are the bank to lead the underwriting. | 我想你们已经知道了 我们是主导承销的银行 |
[19:12] | Jamie, I value you more than you know. | 杰米 我的价值比你知道的更高 |
[19:16] | The question is, how much do you value me? | 问题在于 你对我的估值是多少 |
[19:28] | Forty-six billion. | 四百六十亿 |
[19:31] | Our last financing round valued us at 47 billion. | 我们上一轮融资时的估值为四百七十亿 |
[19:35] | No, you’re too low, my friend. | 不行 你的估值太低了 朋友 |
[19:37] | Too low. It’s a shame. | 太低了 这是一种耻辱 |
[19:40] | Eighteen to 52. | 一百八十亿到五百二十亿 |
[19:41] | “Eighteen to 52”? | “一百八到五百二” |
[19:43] | Well, it depends on how well we’re able to… | 这要看我们能做到什么 |
[19:46] | Sixty billion? | 六百亿 |
[19:49] | The question is, why so low? | 问题是 为什么这么低 |
[19:55] | We actually think it’s on the high side. | 我们觉得这个估值已经很高了 |
[19:59] | Sixty-three. | 六百三十亿 |
[20:09] | Add 18 cents… | 再加18美分 |
[20:12] | and you have a deal. | 我们就成交 |
[20:15] | I think it’s a fair number for our investors | 我认为这个数字对我们的投资人 |
[20:18] | and for our future investors | 和未来的投资人来说很公平 |
[20:20] | and, most importantly, | 当然最重要的是 |
[20:24] | for our employees. | 对我们的员工很公平 |
[20:26] | Now, let’s make a shit ton of money. | 好了 我们来赚大钱吧 |
[20:29] | Okay? Shit ton. | 好吗 赚大钱 |
[20:32] | All right. | 好的 |
[20:34] | So, we’ll work with your team to get started on the S-1 prospectus. | 我们会和你们公司的团队合作 起草S1招股书 |
[20:37] | It’s WeWork’s introduction…official introduction to the public, | 这是WeWork的亮相 正式在公众视野中的亮相 |
[20:41] | so it’s one of the most important parts of the process. | 所以这是整个过程中最重要的部分 |
[20:43] | -We’ll get ahead of it. -Yes, please. | -我们开始吧 -是 请 |
[20:45] | Write it, and then I’ll give it energy and power. | 写完之后我来修饰 给它注入能量和力量 |
[20:48] | Adam, it’s an important legal and financial document. | 亚当 这是一份重要的法律和财务文件 |
[20:51] | -We’ll let the experts deal with it. -I understand. | -我们交给专家处理吧 -我明白 |
[20:54] | Miguel is right, Adam. | 米格尔说得对 亚当 |
[20:55] | It’s highly-technical. Reporting requirements, legal liabilities. | 技术性很高 涉及报告要求 法律责任 |
[20:59] | -You don’t wanna be a part of that. -Listen to me. | -你最好不要参与 -听我说 |
[21:01] | That is the old way. I’m not interested in the old way. | 那是老一套 我对老一套没兴趣 |
[21:05] | I’m interested in the world to come. | 我感兴趣的是未来的世界 |
[21:07] | You understand? We’re making a new world. | 明白吗 我们要打造一个新世界 |
[21:09] | A new world, Miguel. | 一个新世界 米格尔 |
[21:11] | Have your people put something together, and we’ll take it from there. | 让你们的人写一份草稿 接下来就交给我们了 |
[21:15] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[21:18] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[21:23] | Shit. | 该死 |
[21:25] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[21:26] | I think we could have gotten 64. | 我觉得我们可以要到六百四十亿的 |
[21:30] | Come on. | 拜托 |
[21:31] | -Yes! It’s a good deal. -Yes! Yes! | -好 这是一笔好买卖 -好 |
[21:33] | -Yes! -Yes! | -好 -好 |
[21:35] | Yes! | 好 |
[21:37] | Yes! Yes! | 好 |
[22:02] | Rivka. | 丽贝卡 |
[22:03] | Rivka, come sit with me, please. | 丽贝卡 请坐到我身边来 |
[22:08] | I’m not asking as your husband, I’m asking as your CEO. | 我不是以你丈夫的身份在要求 我现在是首席执行官 |
[22:11] | This is business. Please, come sit. | 是公事 请过来坐 |
[22:14] | Please. | 拜托了 |
[22:19] | Just a quick sit. | 坐一下就好 |
[22:26] | I appreciate it. | 谢谢 |
[22:29] | Carrot juice. | 胡萝卜汁 |
[22:40] | Do you know what an S-1 is? | 你知道S1招股书是什么吗 |
[22:43] | I worked on Wall Street, Adam. I know what an S-1 is. | 我曾在华尔街工作 亚当 我知道S1招股书是什么 |
[22:46] | It’s a company’s introduction to the world. | 是面向世界的公司简介 |
[22:48] | Its mission statement. Its raison d’être. | 是使命陈述 是公司存在的理由 |
[22:52] | Precisely. | 正是 |
[22:53] | The lawyers and the bankers will debate the fine print, | 律师和银行家会去讨论细节 |
[22:57] | but we need to make it our own. | 但我们必须自己动手写 |
[22:58] | It’s got to be a living, breathing thing, | 它必须是鲜活 有生命力的 |
[23:02] | and it must tell the story of We. | 必须能够讲述We公司的故事 |
[23:07] | And We has always been… | 而We公司一直都是 |
[23:13] | you and me. | 你和我的故事 |
[23:16] | Write it with me. | 和我一起写吧 |
[23:27] | No. | 不 |
[23:30] | You built the company. You can write it yourself. | 你创办了这家公司 你自己写吧 |
[23:41] | I saw the podcast that you did. | 我看了你做的播客 |
[23:43] | I thought you were phenomenal. | 我认为你很了不起 |
[23:45] | It was a podcast. It doesn’t matter. | 只是个播客 不重要 |
[23:47] | Of course it matters. It was important. | 当然重要 非常重要 |
[23:52] | Damian tells me | 戴米安对我说 |
[23:53] | that you don’t think your message is reaching a wide enough audience. | 你认为自己的理念 没有传达给足够广泛的受众群体 |
[23:56] | I agree. | 我赞同 |
[23:58] | You want to get your message out there? | 你想把自己的理念传达给世人 |
[24:00] | You want to grow your school? | 你想发展你的学校 |
[24:02] | You want to be heard? | 你想要被听见 |
[24:03] | Then write the S-1 with me. | 那就和我一起写S1招股书吧 |
[24:06] | Not as my wife… | 不是以我妻子的身份 |
[24:10] | but as my cofounder. | 而是联合创始人 |
[24:13] | It’ll be hard for them not to listen | 人们一定会听到 |
[24:15] | to the cofounder of a multi-billion-dollar company. | 市值数百亿美元公司联合创始人的声音 |
[24:23] | I heard 100. | 我听说有一千亿 |
[24:25] | Goldman pitched a trillion. | 高盛估价一万亿 |
[24:27] | Listen to me. Buy your options now. | 听我的 立刻买期权 |
[24:29] | -Forget options. I’m buying an apartment. -I’m paying off student loans. | -别管期权了 我要买公寓 -我要付清学生贷款 |
[24:32] | I’m cashing out and getting the hell out of here. | 我要套现 然后走人 |
[24:34] | No, I am serious. | 不 我是认真的 |
[24:35] | Listen, it’ll reduce the capital gains tax when you sell your shares. | 听着 这在你们卖股票时 将减少资本利得税 |
[24:38] | But I don’t have any money. How do I buy my options? | 但我没钱怎么买期权啊 |
[24:41] | I got a loan from my grandparents. | 我从祖父母那里借了一笔钱 |
[24:43] | -Of course you did. -Yeah. | -当然了 -是 |
[24:45] | Attention! Attention, my beautiful WeWorkers. | 注意了 我美丽的We员工们 |
[24:48] | My tribe. My family. | 我的部落 我的家族 |
[24:50] | You have the rest of the day off. And tomorrow. | 今天可以提前下班了 明天也放假 |
[24:53] | So water your plants. Call your mother. Go for a walk. | 给植物浇浇水 给母亲打个电话 去散散步 |
[24:57] | Fall in love. | 去坠入爱河 |
[24:58] | But whatever you do, get out of here. | 但不管你们做什么 离开公司吧 |
[25:00] | Go, go, go. Okay? | 走吧 好吗 |
[25:03] | -Thank you. Go. -Is he serious? | -谢谢 走吧 -他认真的 |
[25:04] | He’s not fucking around. | 他没开玩笑 |
[25:09] | I feel like this is a test. | 我觉得这是个考验 |
[25:14] | All right. | 好吧 |
[25:36] | Where is everyone? | 人都哪去了 |
[25:39] | We gave them the day off. Actually, two. | 我们让他们放一天假 其实是两天 |
[25:42] | Besides, we have everyone we need right here. | 而且我们需要的人都在这里了 |
[25:45] | No distractions, no noise. | 没有干扰和噪音 |
[25:46] | Just us. | 只有我们俩 |
[25:57] | I had Bea print out the S-1s from the top IPOs of the last ten years. | 我让贝亚把过去十年中 顶级IPO的S1招股书都打印出来了 |
[26:01] | I’m gonna get reading. | 我要开始读了 |
[26:04] | I don’t think they have anything to teach us. | 我觉得我们从中学不到任何东西 |
[26:07] | I’ll be in my office. | 我去自己的办公室了 |
[26:09] | How about some yoga first? | 先做一下瑜伽吧 |
[26:12] | Maybe limber up a bit? | 也许可以舒活一下筋骨 |
[26:27] | Latte? | 喝拿铁吗 |
[26:31] | That’s a cappuccino. | 那是卡布奇诺 |
[26:34] | Pretty sure it’s a latte. | 我很确定这是拿铁 |
[26:36] | It’s a cappuccino. | 是卡布奇诺 |
[26:41] | My assistants call them lattes. | 我的助手们都管这个叫拿铁 |
[26:43] | Because you call them lattes, and no one wants to tell you that you’re wrong. | 因为你管它叫拿铁 没人想指出你的错误 |
[27:12] | Tell me what to do, | 你教教我该怎么办 |
[27:13] | because a thousand apologies haven’t worked. | 因为一千次道歉都没用 |
[27:18] | How do we get past it? | 我们怎么才能和好 |
[27:24] | We don’t. It forever exists. | 我们和好不了 这个心结永远存在 |
[27:29] | So, this is it? | 就这样 |
[27:31] | -This? -You really think you built this alone? | -这样 -你真的以为是你一个人创办的公司 |
[27:34] | Really? | 真的 |
[27:35] | You gave me a theater, you gave me a job, | 你给了我一个戏院 一份工作 |
[27:38] | you gave me a school… | 你给了我一所学校 |
[27:41] | What about what you took? | 那你拿走的东西呢 |
[27:46] | You took my father’s money. | 你拿了我父亲的钱 |
[27:48] | You took everything I believe in | 你拿走了我相信的一切 |
[27:51] | and made it into a shiny wrapper to package your bullshit. | 还把它变成了闪亮的彩纸 用来包装你的狗屁理论 |
[27:54] | You even took my words. | 你甚至拿走了我的原话 |
[27:57] | “Elevating the world’s consciousness.” | “提升全人类的意识” |
[27:59] | Who came up with that? You? | 这话是谁想出来的 你吗 |
[28:02] | You couldn’t have built shit without me. | 没有我你连个屁都创办不了 |
[28:13] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[28:14] | They are your words. | 那是你的原话 |
[28:17] | But do you mean them? | 但是你的真心话吗 |
[28:21] | How can you elevate the world’s consciousness | 如果你不愿意去原谅 |
[28:24] | if you’re not willing to forgive? | 又如何提升全人类的意识 |
[28:35] | There’s your cappuccino. | 这是你的卡布奇诺 |
[29:01] | -Hi. -Hello. Welcome. | -嗨 -你好 欢迎 |
[29:01] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[29:02] | -It’s lovely to have you here. -Thanks. | -你能来真好 -谢谢 |
[29:04] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[29:08] | So here we have the piece you were inquiring about. | 这就是你咨询的那幅画 |
[29:20] | He’s challenging us to ask ourselves, | 他要我们向自己提问 |
[29:22] | “What is worth our time and attention?” | “什么值得我们去花时间和精力” |
[29:28] | Yeah, it’s cool. | 对 很酷 |
[29:32] | I feel like he’s staring right at me. | 感觉他在直勾勾地盯着我看 |
[29:36] | So, how much is it? | 那这画多少钱 |
[29:39] | Adam and Rebekah have been our clients for years, | 亚当和丽贝卡是我们多年的客户了 |
[29:41] | so we’d like to extend their discount to you. | 所以我们想给你和他们同样的折扣 |
[29:44] | Cool, thank you. | 酷 谢谢 |
[29:46] | Yeah, so 48 million. | 是 四千八百万 |
[29:51] | That’s with the discount? | 这是折扣价 |
[29:53] | I heard you’ll be able to afford it soon. | 我听说你很快就能买得起了 |
[29:55] | Adam mentioned the IPO. Congratulations. | 亚当说了首次公开募股的事 恭喜 |
[30:05] | What about that one? | 那一幅呢 |
[30:09] | You’re interested in that one? | 你对那幅感兴趣 |
[30:42] | You were right. | 你说得对 |
[30:48] | They’re useless. | 这些根本没用 |
[30:50] | Lifeless. | 毫无生气 |
[30:52] | Dead things. | 死气沉沉 |
[30:53] | They reminded me why I hated working on Wall Street. | 这些报表提醒了我 为什么讨厌在华尔街工作 |
[31:00] | What’s that? | 这是什么 |
[31:02] | These? More dead things from the lawyers. | 这个 律师发来的更多死气沉沉的报表 |
[31:06] | Take a look. | 看看吧 |
[31:09] | Risk factors? | 风险因素 |
[31:12] | “One, our rapid growth may not be sustainable. | “一 我们的快速扩张可能没有可持续性 |
[31:15] | Two, we have a history of losses, | 二 我们有亏损的历史 |
[31:18] | and if we continue to grow at an accelerated rate, | 如果我们继续加速扩张 |
[31:21] | we may be unable to achieve profitability for the foreseeable future.” | 我们可能无法在可预见的未来实现盈利” |
[31:25] | And number three: | 还有第三点 |
[31:27] | small men proceed from fear! | 胆小的人以恐惧为出发点 |
[31:39] | And we are not small! | 我们不是胆小的人 |
[31:45] | No, and we proceed from hope, | 没错 我们以希望为出发点 |
[31:47] | from creativity, imagination and… | 以创新 想象力还有 |
[31:51] | and from love. | 还有爱 |
[31:56] | Okay. So how do we capture that? | 好 我们该如何把握住你刚才说的这些 |
[32:04] | Creation began with the word, right? | 创世是从语言开始的 对吗 |
[32:08] | So, what are our words? | 那我们的语言是什么 |
[32:12] | Come. | 来 |
[32:14] | Come, come, come. | 来 |
[32:29] | The word. | 我们的语言 |
[32:38] | Community. | 社群 |
[32:48] | Consciousness. | 意识 |
[32:52] | Growth. | 发展 |
[32:55] | Spiritual growth! | 精神成长 |
[32:59] | Intention! | 想法 |
[33:02] | -Positivity. -Meaning. | -积极 -意义 |
[33:04] | Hope! | 希望 |
[33:07] | -We. -We! | -我们 -我们 |
[33:16] | I am nothing without you. | 没有你 我什么也不是 |
[33:30] | Adam, it’s Bruce. | 亚当 我是布鲁斯 |
[33:31] | What is this nonsense I’m hearing about you and Rebekah rewriting the S-1? | 我听说你和丽贝卡要重写S1招股书 你们在胡闹什么 |
[33:36] | It’s a very technical document and… | 这是一份技术性很强的文档 |
[33:39] | You know what? I’m coming over. | 这样吧 我这就过来 |
[33:54] | Hello! | 有人吗 |
[33:59] | How many pages do we have? | 我们写完多少页了 |
[34:02] | We have… | 我们写了 |
[34:04] | -nine words. -Nine words? | -九个词 -九个词 |
[34:06] | Nine words! | 九个词 |
[34:08] | It can’t be true. | 这不是真的 |
[34:13] | Okay, okay, okay. | 好吧 |
[34:17] | We have our words. | 我们写好我们的语言了 |
[34:18] | And now we need numbers. | 现在我们需要数字 |
[34:22] | Fortunately, the only numbers that Wall Street cares about | 幸运的是 华尔街唯一在乎的数字 |
[34:25] | are actually letters. | 其实都是字母 |
[34:26] | E-B-I-T-D-A EBITDA E-B-I-T-D-A, EBITDA. | |
[34:29] | EBITDA EBITDA. | |
[34:30] | Earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation, and amortization. | 即税前 息前 折旧前 摊销前利润 |
[34:35] | EBITDA is a standardized way of assessing a company’s performance | EBITDA是一种评估公司表现的标准方法 |
[34:38] | and comparing it to other companies. | 并可以用来和其他公司比较 |
[34:40] | Its power lies in the fact that everyone uses it. | 它的强大之处在于所有人都用这一标准 |
[34:45] | And because everyone uses it, it allows you to compare apples to apples. | 而正是因为所有人都用 它就让你可以把不同的公司拿来比较 |
[34:51] | -Fuck EBITDA! -Why? | -该死的EBITDA -怎么了 |
[34:54] | We lose too much money. | 我们亏损太多了 |
[34:56] | We could be profitable tomorrow if we wanted, | 如果愿意 我们明天就能盈利 |
[34:58] | but we spend on growth. | 但我们花钱是为了发展 |
[35:01] | So? | 所以呢 |
[35:03] | They’re just letters. Let’s use different ones. | 这只是几个字母 我们用其他字母吧 |
[35:05] | Let’s reframe it. | 给它换个说法 |
[35:07] | We can’t let ourselves be defined by the old ways. | 我们不能让自己被传统定义 |
[35:09] | If their letters don’t fit, we come up with new ones. | 如果他们的字母不合适 我们就自己想出新的字母来 |
[35:15] | What did you just say? | 你刚才说什么 |
[35:17] | We use new ones. | 我们用新的字母 |
[35:18] | -Where is the S-1? -Here. | -S1招股书呢 -在这里 |
[35:26] | We’ll work off the S-1 the lawyers gave us, | 我们以律师给我们的S1招股书为基础 |
[35:28] | and then we just need to subtract tenant fees and rent expenses, | 然后我们只需减去租户费用和租金支出 |
[35:33] | staffing expenses and design expenses, | 人员费用和设计费用 |
[35:35] | marketing and administrative expenses. | 营销和行政费用 |
[35:38] | Then we show a profit. | 然后我们就能显示出盈利了 |
[35:39] | We’ll call it community-adjusted EBITDA. | 我们就称之为根据社群调整的EBITDA |
[35:42] | And show them, show them the true value of our community! | 让他们看看 我们社群的真正价值 |
[35:46] | Okay. Okay, could you say that again? | 好 你能再说一遍吗 |
[35:53] | Okay, yep. | 好 对 |
[35:56] | A little to the right. | 往右边一点 |
[35:57] | Right, right. Cool. Great, guys. | 往右 酷 很好 两位 |
[36:00] | Awesome. All right, let’s do a photo. | 太好了 好 我们来拍张照片 |
[36:02] | You guys can be in it. Yeah. | 你们可以入镜 是 |
[36:06] | Hey, my brother from another mother. | 嗨 我异母的兄弟 |
[36:11] | I didn’t buy the Lichtenstein, | 我没买利希滕斯坦的画 |
[36:13] | but I got something even better. | 但我买了一幅更棒的 |
[36:21] | And | 还有 |
[36:23] | if you need any help with the S-1, | 如果你需要帮忙写S1招股书 |
[36:26] | I’m here. | 可以找我 |
[36:27] | Yo! This is it. | 朋友们 就是这里了 |
[36:30] | This is our home for the evening. | 这是我们今晚的家 |
[36:34] | -Check it out. Come on. -Should I take off my shoes? | -看看吧 来 -我要脱鞋吗 |
[36:37] | No, don’t take your fucking shoes off. | 不 别脱鞋 |
[36:39] | I thought we were just getting Adam’s mail. | 我以为我们只是来取亚当的信件 |
[36:41] | Come here. I want you to touch this. Actually, I want you to hold it. | 来 我想要你摸摸这个 其实我想让你拿着它 |
[36:44] | -Put that down. -Hold it. | -放下吧 -拿着 |
[36:45] | -Put it down. -Or I drop it. | -放下吧 -否则我丢掉它 |
[36:47] | How’s it feel? | 感觉怎么样 |
[36:50] | -It feels fine. -It feels great. | -感觉还不错 -感觉非常好 |
[36:52] | Come on, let’s drink it. | 来 我们喝了它 |
[36:54] | I don’t know. I’m worried. What if they come back? | 我不确定 有点担心 他们回来怎么办 |
[36:56] | -Yeah, I’m not sure about this. -Stop worrying. | -是 我心里也没底 -别担心 |
[36:58] | Adam doesn’t even care. | 亚当根本不在乎 |
[36:59] | Plus, put the kids and the nannies on a blade to the Hamptons. | 而且我送孩子们和保姆 乘直升机去汉普顿了 |
[37:04] | So we’re fine. | 所以我们不会有事 |
[37:05] | Like a helicopter? | 直升机 |
[37:06] | -Yeah, what else is there? -Wow. | -是 还能是什么 -天啊 |
[37:08] | Let’s see what we got. | 看看都有什么 |
[37:10] | Vegan snacks. | 纯素零食 |
[37:12] | My dad used to mark the bottles so he’d know if me or my sister drank any. | 我爸以前会在酒瓶上做记号 这样他就能知道我和妹妹是否偷喝了 |
[37:15] | We’re not teenagers anymore. | 我们不是青少年了 |
[37:16] | You’re a grown-ass dude who’s about to be a millionaire. | 你是成年人了 即将成为百万富翁 |
[37:19] | -So act like it. -Yeah, Mikey. | -行为要和身份相符 -是啊 麦奇 |
[37:20] | Plus, I once found an $84,000 check in Adam’s pants at the dry cleaner’s. | 而且 我曾在亚当送去干洗店的长裤里 找到一张八万四千美元的支票 |
[37:24] | So something tells me he’s not measuring alcohol. | 所以我觉得他根本不知道家里有多少酒 |
[37:28] | Okay, grab one. | 好 拿一杯吧 |
[37:30] | What are we cheersing to? | 我们来为什么而干杯呢 |
[37:33] | This IPO. | 首次公开募股 |
[37:34] | -This fucking IPO. -Yeah. | -该死的首次公开募股 -是 |
[37:36] | -Cheers. -Cheers. | -干杯 -干杯 |
[37:38] | -Cheers. -Cheers. Yeah. | -干杯 -干杯 好 |
[37:44] | -Wow. -Wow. | -天啊 -天啊 |
[37:45] | Okay, so. | 好了 |
[37:46] | Chloe, what are you spending your first million on? | 克洛伊 你的第一笔 百万美元要用来做什么 |
[37:51] | And do not give me anything | 别跟我说什么 |
[37:52] | about student loans or any of that nonsense. | 学生贷款之类的废话 |
[37:55] | You know I don’t need anything. | 你知道我什么也不需要 |
[37:57] | Yeah, nobody needs anything. | 是 谁都是什么也不需要 |
[37:58] | But, Chloe… | 但是克洛伊 |
[38:00] | Chloe… | 克洛伊 |
[38:02] | -Please, no. -What do you want, Chloe? | -拜托 别这样 -克洛伊 你想要什么 |
[38:04] | What do you want? | 你想要什么 |
[38:06] | -You’re terrorizing me…-Stare into my soul. | -你吓到我了 -盯着我的灵魂 |
[38:08] | If you want nice things, you need to have intention. | 如果你想要好东西 你必须有想法 |
[38:11] | Intention. | 想法 |
[38:12] | And success and happiness, it will follow. | 成功和幸福就会随之而来 |
[38:15] | Chloe, don’t you want to expand the world’s consciousness, Chloe? | 克洛伊 你难道不想 扩展全人类的意识吗 |
[38:18] | -Elevate, Chloe! Think about the “we.” -No! | -提升 克洛伊 想想”我们” -别闹了 |
[38:21] | -Chlo-We. -Chlo-We! | -克洛”We” -克洛”We” |
[38:23] | It’s Chlo-We. | 是克洛”We” |
[38:27] | Wow. | 天啊 |
[38:29] | Hey. Don’t you dare avoid the question. | 嘿 你休想逃避这个问题 |
[38:33] | What’re you gonna buy? I want to know. | 你想买什么 我想知道 |
[38:41] | Do you ever think you’re turning into Adam? | 你可曾想过自己在变成亚当吗 |
[38:43] | -Don’t say that. -You are. | -别这么说 -你是在变 |
[38:44] | Are you actually saying I’m turning into Adam? | 你说我在变成亚当 |
[38:46] | I don’t think so. | 我觉得没有 |
[38:56] | -You use salt? -Yeah. | -盐 -是 |
[38:57] | Drink. | 喝吧 |
[38:58] | -Yeah. -Wait. One, two, three, go. | -好 -等等 一 二 三 开始 |
[39:07] | -Do you want to make out? -No. | -你想亲热吗 -不 |
[39:09] | -Don’t you just a little bit? -No. | -一点都不想 -不想 |
[39:12] | We just struck gold. | 我们撞大运了 |
[39:17] | Do it! Do it! Do it! | 买它 |
[39:21] | Do it! Do it! Do it! | 买它 |
[39:25] | Come on, you can pay it off in installments. | 买啊 你可以分期付款 |
[39:27] | It’s more than I made last year after taxes. | 这比我去年税后收入还多 |
[39:30] | Yeah, but we didn’t IPO last year, dude. | 是 但我们去年没有进行首次公开募股 |
[39:32] | Hey, man, check it out. This place is huge. | 嘿 哥们 看啊 这房子真大 |
[39:34] | They added a whole floor since the last time I was here. | 自从我上次来过这里之后 他们扩建了整整一层 |
[39:37] | Yeah. And the San Francisco house has a room that’s shaped like a guitar. | 是 旧金山的房子里 有个房间是吉他形状的 |
[39:40] | I bet they have orgies in it. | -我打赌他们一定在里面纵欲 -恶心 |
[39:42] | No. They do not have sex. | 不 他们不做爱 |
[39:44] | They just levitate, and their souls fucking meld. | 他们只会漂浮起来 然后灵魂水乳交融 |
[39:50] | Did you buy it? | 你买了吗 |
[39:51] | No, I’m just staring at it. | 没有 我只是盯着看 |
[39:58] | It’s Adam. | 是亚当 |
[39:59] | -Why is he FaceTiming me? -What? | -他为什么要用FaceTime -什么 |
[40:01] | -Why is he FaceTiming me? -No, Mikey. | -为何用FaceTime -别 麦奇 |
[40:03] | Don’t pick it up. | 别接 |
[40:04] | -He doesn’t know that we’re here. -Asshole. | -他不知道我们在这里 -混蛋 |
[40:06] | I have to answer. | 我必须接 |
[40:07] | -Smash your phone! -You do not have to answer it. | -把手机砸了 -你不是非接不可 |
[40:08] | -I have to answer it. -Do not answer it under any circumstance. | -我必须接 -无论如何也别接 |
[40:11] | Shit, turn off the music. | 该死 关掉音乐 |
[40:12] | Hey, Adam. What’s up? | 亚当 你好啊 |
[40:14] | The printer isn’t working. | 打印机坏了 |
[40:15] | Okay. You can try to reset it. Remember how I showed you last time? | 好 你可以试试重置 还记得我上次教你的方法吗 |
[40:19] | See you soon. | 一会儿见 |
[40:20] | The fuck does that mean? “See you soon”? | 什么意思”一会儿见” |
[40:24] | -Clean up and get out! -Come on, are you joking? | -清理现场 快跑 -拜托 开什么玩笑 |
[40:27] | Buy the bag. | 买包 |
[40:29] | -Yeah, yeah. -See ya! | -好 -再见 |
[40:30] | -I love y’all. See y’all tomorrow. -No! What the… | -我爱你们 明天见 -不 搞什 |
[40:33] | -No. Come on. Goddamn it. -Love you, bro. | -不 拜托 该死 -爱你 哥们 |
[40:41] | Hey! | 嘿 |
[40:43] | Someone probably stepped on the surge protector. | 可能有人踩到电涌保护器了 |
[40:45] | Mikey, you’re a genius. | 麦奇 你是个天才 |
[40:48] | You’re a good boy. | 你是个好孩子 |
[40:50] | You’ve been with us from the beginning, huh? | 你和我们从一开始就一起创业 对吧 |
[40:53] | -Yeah. -The very beginning. | -对 -最开始 |
[40:55] | What, ten years now? | 有十年了吧 |
[40:57] | -Yeah. -Yeah, yeah. | -是 -是 |
[41:06] | Mikey. | 麦奇 |
[41:08] | Mikey, Mikey, Mikey. | 麦奇 |
[41:12] | Have you been drinking? | 你喝酒了 |
[41:16] | I had a drink with some friends. | 我和几个朋友喝了一杯 |
[41:19] | A drink with friends? | 和几个朋友喝了一杯 |
[41:24] | I know that smell. | 我认得这种气味 |
[41:27] | Tequila. | 龙舌兰 |
[41:29] | Tequila. | 龙舌兰 |
[41:32] | -Am I right, or am I right? -Yeah, you’re right. | -我说得对不对 -是 你说得对 |
[41:35] | You like tequila? | 你喜欢龙舌兰 |
[41:37] | -Yes? -Yeah. | -是吗 -是 |
[41:38] | Yes. Well, I don’t blame you. | 是 我不怪你 |
[41:43] | You got to try the good stuff. | 你得尝尝好货 |
[41:46] | Come with me. Come, come. | 跟我来 来 |
[41:48] | Come with me, Mikey. | 跟我来 麦奇 |
[41:51] | I’d join you, but | 我想和你一起喝 但是 |
[41:55] | I’m on a cleanse. | 我在排毒 |
[41:56] | A cleanse. That’s cool. | 排毒 挺酷的 |
[41:58] | Well… | 那么 |
[42:01] | You’re 21, right? | 你满21岁了 对吧 |
[42:03] | -I’m almost 26. -Right? Okay, you look like a baby. | -我都快26了 -对吧 你看起来像个小孩 |
[42:11] | Savor it. Savor it. | 要去品味 |
[42:14] | -Here. -I’m sorry. | -来 -抱歉 |
[42:15] | -Have another. -Force of habit. | -再来一杯 -我习惯了 |
[42:20] | Now. | 听着 |
[42:21] | Sip it, slowly. | 慢慢抿着喝 |
[42:23] | Savor it. | 仔细品味 |
[42:26] | Tell me what you taste. | 说说你尝出什么了 |
[42:32] | There’s notes of… | 味道像 |
[42:35] | charcoal? | 木炭 |
[42:37] | Mikey. | 麦奇 |
[42:39] | It tastes like money. | 是钞票的味道 |
[42:46] | How many shares do you have? | 你有多少股票 |
[42:48] | Close to 80,000. | 将近八万股 |
[42:49] | 80,000? | 八万股 |
[42:51] | Well, Mikey, when we IPO, | 麦奇 首次公开募股后 |
[42:55] | you’ll be worth 30 mil, minimum. | 你的股票至少值三千万 |
[43:00] | Time to start getting used to the nice things in life, Mikey. | 该去习惯享受生活中的好东西了 麦奇 |
[43:03] | Here, it’s yours. | 给 送你了 |
[43:04] | Take it. Enjoy. It’s yours. | 拿去吧 好好享用 是你的了 |
[43:07] | It’s a memory. | 是回忆 |
[43:12] | Rivka! | 丽贝卡 |
[43:13] | Namaste. | 向你问好 |
[43:14] | Mikey has been with us since the very beginning, as you know. | 如你所知 麦奇从最开始 就和我们一起创业 |
[43:17] | Ten years now? | 有十年了吧 |
[43:19] | -Ten years! -Yeah. | -十年了 -是 |
[43:20] | -Really? That’s wonderful. -Ten years. | -是吗 太好了 -十年 |
[43:22] | Yes, yeah. | 是 |
[43:24] | We should probably get back to it. | 我们也许应该继续去忙了 |
[43:26] | -Of course. -Remember that first night? | -当然 -还记得那第一夜吗 |
[43:27] | Opening the first location? | 第一栋共享办公楼开业 |
[43:29] | I do. How could I forget? How could I forget? | 记得 我怎么可能忘记 |
[43:32] | Running around, screwing desks together, trying to connect the Internet. | 跑来跑去 把办公桌组装在一起 努力连接互联网 |
[43:36] | I remember it was crazy but fun. | 我记得都忙疯了 但很有趣 |
[43:39] | Fun, Mikey. Fun. | 有趣 麦奇 很有趣 |
[43:40] | -I miss it. -Yeah, I do too. | -我想念那个时光 -是 我也想 |
[43:42] | It didn’t feel like work, you know? Like business. | 当时那感觉不像工作 不像企业 |
[43:47] | It felt like this crazy, like, Red Bull and adrenaline | 感觉很疯狂 像是红牛和肾上腺素 |
[43:55] | and laughing your butt off and getting shit done. | 还有开怀大笑 完成各种工作 |
[43:58] | It felt like being a part of something. | 那是一种参与感 |
[44:04] | I agree. | 我赞同 |
[44:06] | He’s right. | 他说得对 |
[44:11] | WeWork’s not a business. It’s a feeling. | WeWork不是一个企业 而是一种感觉 |
[44:14] | We need to give people that feeling. | 我们必须把这种感觉带给世人 |
[44:16] | We’re not gonna be able to do it with charts and graphs and acronyms. | 我们用表格 图形和缩写 是做不到这一点的 |
[44:20] | Even the right words can only get us so far. | 就算是正确的语言也有局限性 |
[44:22] | We need… | 我们需要 |
[44:24] | We need images. | 我们需要画面 |
[44:25] | -Images. Images. -Images. | -画面 -画面 |
[44:28] | Is that normal for an S-1? | 这对S1招股书来说正常吗 |
[44:29] | We need to immerse people. | 我们必须给世人一种沉浸式体验 |
[44:31] | We need to give people that feeling that we all had that first night. | 必须把我们大家那第一夜的感受带给世人 |
[44:36] | Wait, were you there that night? | 等等 你那天晚上在场吗 |
[44:38] | I don’t remember you being there. | 我不记得你在啊 |
[44:40] | -It was me, Jacob…-Of course I was there. | -有我 雅克布 -我当然在 |
[44:43] | -I’ve always been here. -Always. | -我一直都在 -一直在 |
[44:46] | Thanks for coming. | 谢谢你赶过来 |
[44:49] | Thank you, Mikey. Thank you. | 谢谢你 麦奇 谢谢 |
[44:54] | Okay, Mikey. | 好了 麦奇 |
[44:56] | Okay, you’re not driving, right? | 好 你没开车吧 |
[44:58] | -No, no. -Good. | -没开 -好 |
[45:02] | -We were children. -So great. | -我们当时还是孩子 -真好 |
[45:06] | Our very first summer camp. | 我们的第一次夏令营 |
[45:09] | Look at those adoring faces. | 看看这些可爱的面容 |
[45:15] | They love you. | 他们爱你 |
[45:16] | -No, they love us, us, us. -I do too. | -不 他们爱我们 -我也爱 |
[45:19] | -The both of us. -No, no, no. | -我们俩 -不 |
[45:22] | It’s you. | 是你 |
[45:24] | -No. -They love you. | -不 -他们爱你 |
[45:28] | They resent me. | 他们恨我 |
[45:32] | -They mock me. -No. | -他们嘲笑我 -不 |
[45:34] | -They talk shit about me behind my back. -No. No. | -他们在我背后说坏话 -不 |
[45:37] | They think the school’s a vanity project. | 他们认为学校是面子工程 |
[45:40] | They think I can’t hear it, but I can. | 他们以为我听不到 但我听到了 |
[45:42] | Even when I don’t, I feel it. | 就算听不到 我也能感觉到 |
[45:45] | Who is “they”? Who is “they”? | “他们”是谁”他们”是谁 |
[45:48] | Give me names, and they’re gone. | 把名字告诉我 我立刻开除他们 |
[45:50] | Gone. | 立刻开除 |
[45:53] | You can’t fire the whole company. | 你不能把全公司的人都开除 |
[45:55] | Yes, I can. Watch me. | 我能 你看着吧 |
[45:57] | -I’ll drag them out by their…-It doesn’t matter, doesn’t matter. | -我会拖着他们的 -没关系的 |
[46:03] | I’ve evolved beyond all of that now. | 我已经超脱这一切了 |
[46:07] | I finally know… | 我终于明白 |
[46:11] | what I am. | 自己是什么了 |
[46:14] | I’m not a maverick, or a magician, or a muse. | 我不是特立独行的人 不是魔术师 也不是激发灵感的人 |
[46:17] | I’m not even Chief Branding Officer. | 我甚至不是首席品牌官 |
[46:20] | Not really. | 其实不是 |
[46:24] | I used to think that it was my job to safeguard the soul of the company, | 我曾以为我的工作是捍卫公司的灵魂 |
[46:31] | but even that’s not really true. | 但就连这个说法也不是事实 |
[46:40] | I am the soul of the company. | 我就是公司的灵魂 |
[46:51] | Yes, you are. | 对 你是 |
[46:53] | You are. | 你就是 |
[46:54] | And you are in every atom of wood and brick and steel | 你是一砖一瓦 一梁一柱 |
[46:57] | in every WeWork in the world. | 遍布全球每一栋WeWork共享办公楼 |
[47:01] | We both are. | 我们俩都是 |
[47:02] | Yes. | 是 |
[47:05] | And what we have made is even bigger than the both of us. | 我们创造的东西比我们本身更加重要 |
[47:18] | Yes. | 是的 |
[47:20] | Yes? | 是吗 |
[47:23] | I have to write. | 我得去写招股书了 |
[47:25] | WeWork is a community company | WeWork是一家社群公司 |
[47:29] | committed to maximum global impact. | 致力于给全世界带来最大的影响 |
[47:33] | We dedicate this to the energy of we. | 我们致力于打造我们的能量 |
[47:37] | Greater than any one of us, | 它比我们任何人都更重要 |
[47:38] | but inside each of us. | 但又存在于我们每个人体内 |
[47:42] | We believe our company has the power to elevate how people work… | 我们相信我们的公司 有能力改善人们工作的方式 |
[47:49] | live… | 生活的方式 |
[47:52] | and grow. | 以及成长的方式 |
[47:58] | “The We Company is committed to being meat-, plastic-and carbon-free.” | “We公司致力成为 一个无肉 无塑料和无碳的公司” |
[48:06] | “Our mission is nothing less than to elevate the world’s consciousness.” | “我们的使命是提升全人类的意识” |
[48:12] | We invite you to join us in creating a better world, | 我们邀请各位共创美好世界 |
[48:18] | because “we” are just getting started. | 因为”我们”才刚刚开始 |
[48:31] | What the fuck was that? | 这是什么东西 |
[48:35] | I knew he wouldn’t get it. | 我就知道他听不懂 |
[48:39] | That was our S-1. | 是我们的S1招股书 |
[48:43] | But don’t worry, Cammy Number Two. | 但是别担心 卡米二号 |
[48:45] | Everything the lawyers wanted is in there. | 律师要的内容里面都有 |
[48:47] | -We just got rid of old conventions. -Right. | -我们只是剔除了老旧的传统 -对 |
[48:49] | These pictures…My God. | 这些图片 天啊 |
[48:53] | That introduction… | 公司简介 |
[48:55] | You’ve turned the S-1 into a children’s book. | 你们把S1招股书变成了儿童读物 |
[48:58] | -Cam. -Okay? Bruce. | -卡梅 -是吗 布鲁斯 |
[49:00] | Have you ever seen an S-1? | 你们见过S1招股书吗 |
[49:02] | Actually, Cam, I worked on Wall Street. | 卡梅 我其实曾在华尔街工作 |
[49:05] | So, yes, I do know what an S-1 is. | 所以是的 我当然知道S1招股书是什么 |
[49:07] | Got it. | 明白了 |
[49:09] | I have a question for you. | 我有个问题要问你 |
[49:11] | Do you know what a mandarin is? | 你知道官吏是什么吗 |
[49:14] | No? Well, let me tell you. | 不知道 我来告诉你 |
[49:16] | When I was in China, opening our Shanghai location, | 我在中国开办我们在上海的共享办公楼时 |
[49:20] | dealing with inspectors and bureaucrats | 我要对付检查人员和各种官僚 |
[49:23] | and more inspectors and more bureaucrats, | 送走一批又来一批 |
[49:25] | my Chinese friends taught me the word “mandarin.” | 中国朋友们教会了我”官吏”这个词 |
[49:30] | A mandarin was a government official | 官吏就是政府官员 |
[49:35] | in the imperial system in 15th-century China. | 指的是15世纪中国皇帝制度下的官员 |
[49:40] | They thought they were hot shit | 他们自以为很牛逼 |
[49:41] | because they were chosen by a rigorous examination process. | 因为他们通过了严格的考试过程 才得以当选 |
[49:45] | The Emperor wanted them to think that, because in thinking that, | 皇上希望他们这么想 因为有了这样的想法后 |
[49:48] | they carried themselves with great dignity and authority, | 他们就会表现得很有威严 权威 |
[49:51] | and everybody listened to what they had to say. | 所有人都会认真听他们在说什么 |
[49:54] | But what they had to say was simply what the Emperor wanted them to say. | 但他们的话只不过是 皇上想让他们说的而已 |
[50:01] | They had no real agency or vision… | 他们没有自己的能力或愿景 |
[50:09] | or power. | 或是权力 |
[50:11] | So, for all their arrogance and swagger, they were simply bureaucrats. | 所以虽然他们傲气凌人 趾高气昂 他们只是官僚 |
[50:18] | Civil servants. | 公务员 |
[50:20] | Mouthpieces. | 喉舌 |
[50:22] | You’re a mandarin. | 你就是个官吏 |
[50:26] | And I… | 而我 |
[50:29] | I’m an emperor. | 我是皇上 |
[50:35] | File it, Bruce. | 布鲁斯 提交吧 |
[50:39] | You’re not going to back this, are you? | 你不会支持这种行为吧 |
[50:42] | Maybe he’s right. Maybe it’s time for a new approach. | 也许他说得对 也许是时候采用新的方法了 |
[50:46] | You’re going to allow this? | 你要纵容他 |
[50:48] | We’re going to get fucking pilloried. | 我们会惨遭嘲笑的 |
[50:51] | They’re going to fucking destroy us. | 他们会狠狠批判我们的 |
[50:57] | And another thing. | 还有一件事 |
[50:59] | The mandarins | 官吏 |
[51:01] | were mostly eunuchs. | 大部分都是太监 |
[51:13] | -My queen. -Yes, my king. | -皇后 请 -是 皇上 |
[51:17] | -Thank you. -Of course. | -谢谢 -不客气 |
[51:20] | She worked on Wall Street. | 她曾在华尔街工作 |
[51:22] | For three weeks. | 工作了三周 |
[51:44] | -Here we are, guys. -Here we are! | -我们到了 兄弟们 -我们到了 |
[51:46] | Hamptons, here we come. | 汉普顿 我们来了 |
[51:48] | Dude, this is amazing. | 哥们 了不起 |
[51:50] | -Only way to get to the Hamptons. -Hamptons! | -去汉普顿就得这样 -汉普顿 |
[52:35] | For real, man. How much are you gonna make off this deal? | 说真的 哥们 这次你能赚多少啊 |
[52:39] | Worst case, maybe 20, 30 million. | 最差的情况下 大概两 三千万吧 |
[52:41] | -Twenty, thirty million? What the fuck? -Yeah. | -两 三千万 不会吧 -是 |
[52:43] | But if it goes the way the town expects it to, | 但如果结果和纽约的期待一样 |
[52:45] | it could be 50. | 也许能赚五千万 |
[52:47] | -Shit. Fifty million! -Yeah, I know! | -该死的 五千万 -是啊 我知道 |
[53:06] | Dude, you’ve got to read this. | 哥们 你一定得看看这个 |
[53:08] | Galloway just destroyed WeWork on his blog. | 加洛韦在博客上把WeWork批了个狗血喷头 |
[53:11] | Have you read their S-1 yet? | 你看了他们的S1招股书没 |