时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:13] | This story is about to take a dark turn. | 这个故事的情节即将急转直下 |
[00:19] | Usually, I love dark turns. | 一般来说 我喜欢急转直下 |
[00:22] | Like when the carousel brakes mysteriously failed at my eighth birthday party. | 比如在我八岁生日派对上 旋转木马的刹车神秘失灵一样 |
[00:28] | But not this one. | 但这次不同 |
[00:36] | We’ve been searching for hours, Sheriff. | 我们已经搜寻好几个小时了 警长 |
[00:38] | The dogs need a break. | 警犬们需要休息 |
[00:40] | Think we missed something? | 我们有漏掉什么吗? |
[00:41] | I say we double back, sweep Collet Creek, and then call it a night. | 不如原路返回 搜查科莱溪 然后就收工 |
[00:45] | Okay. | 好的 |
[00:52] | -How could you miss a dead body? -‘Cause it wasn’t there. | 你们怎么连具尸体都没找到?尸体不在那里 |
[00:55] | No footprints, no blood, no sign of a struggle. | 没有脚印 没有血迹 没有挣扎的痕迹 |
[00:57] | Nothing, nada. | 什么都没有 空荡荡的 |
[00:58] | My search party looked all night. | 我的搜查队找了一晚上 |
[01:00] | Well, your search party must have left their seeing-eye dogs at home. | 你的搜查队一定把他们的导盲犬 落在家里了 |
[01:03] | I saw that monster kill Rowan right in front of me. | 我看到那个怪物当着我的面杀了罗文 |
[01:05] | -Get a good look at this monster thing? -It didn’t stick around for a chat. | -你有看清这个怪物吗? -它可没有留下来聊天 |
[01:09] | -Maybe it was one of your classmates. -Sheriff, I find that question offensive. | -也许是你的某位同学 -警长 我觉得这个问题很无礼 |
[01:13] | I don’t care, ’cause I got three other dead bodies in the morgue. | 我不在乎 停尸房还躺着三具尸体呢 |
[01:15] | -Hikers just ripped apart in the woods. -The mayor said those were bear attacks. | -徒步旅行者在树林里被撕成了碎片 -镇长说那是狗熊袭击 |
[01:19] | Well, the mayor and I disagree on that. | 好吧 我和镇长对此意见不一 |
[01:21] | So you automatically assume a Nevermore student is the murderer, | 所以你就主观臆断 凶手是奈弗莫尔学院的学生 |
[01:24] | even though there’s no evidence a crime was even committed. | 即使没有任何证据表明有学生犯罪 |
[01:28] | I’m sorry. I forgot, you only teach the good outcasts here, right? | 抱歉 我有点忘了 你这里只教品行端正的异类 对吗? |
[01:37] | My guess is Rowan ran away. | 我猜测罗文逃走了 |
[01:40] | State troopers have put out an alert, and I’ve contacted his family, | 州警已经发布了警报 我也联系了他的家人 |
[01:43] | but they haven’t heard from him either. | 但他们也没有他的消息 |
[01:46] | Dead people are notoriously bad at returning calls. | 众所周知 死人压根不会回电话 |
[01:48] | What were you doing out in the woods with him, Ms. Addams? | 你当时和他在树林里干什么 亚当斯小姐? |
[01:51] | I heard a noise in the forest and went to go investigate. | 我听到森林里有声音 就去调查 |
[01:54] | That’s when I stumbled upon the attack. | 就在那时撞见了袭击 |
[01:57] | Then what happened? | 之后呢? |
[01:58] | Then I ran into Bianca Barclay, and I told her to go for help. | 然后我遇到了比安卡巴克莱 告诉她去找人帮忙 |
[02:02] | Next thing I remember, I was awaking in my dorm. | 接下来我只记得在宿舍醒来 |
[02:04] | And just to be clear, this monster wasn’t a bear or some other wild animal? | 确认一下 这个怪物的确不是熊 或其他野生动物吗? |
[02:08] | I’ve hibernated with grizzlies. | 我和灰熊一起冬眠过 |
[02:10] | I know the difference. | 我分得清楚 |
[02:11] | Thank you, Sheriff. | 谢谢你 警长 |
[02:13] | I think Miss Addams is done now. | 现在没亚当斯小姐什么事了 |
[02:15] | Actually, I would like to speak to Sheriff Galpin. Alone. | 其实我想和加尔平警长单独谈谈 |
[02:20] | I’m not sure I can allow that. | 我可能无法允许 |
[02:22] | I’m sure I could take her to the station and get a formal statement. | 我可以带她去警局 做个正式的笔录 |
[02:30] | -Yeah, let’s go. -Fine. | -好 走吧 -好吧 |
[02:31] | You have five minutes, and everything is off the record. | 你们有五分钟时间 所说一切都不许记录在案 |
[02:36] | Play nice… | 态度好点… |
[02:39] | or I will call the mayor. | 否则我会打给镇长 |
[02:47] | Someone is trying to cover up Rowan’s murder. | 有人想掩盖罗文的谋杀案 |
[02:50] | That’s the only reason to scrub the crime scene. | 这是清理犯罪现场的唯一理由 |
[02:52] | Is that your professional opinion as the daughter of a murderer? | 这是你作为杀人犯之女的 专业意见吗? |
[02:55] | My father’s twice the man you are, | 我父亲比你厉害多了 |
[02:57] | and the only thing he murders is the occasional opera in the shower. | 他唯一谋杀的东西 就是洗澡时偶尔唱破嗓门的歌剧 |
[03:00] | It’s been a long night. I’m tired of your games. | 亚当斯 今晚真是一团乱 我受够了你的把戏 |
[03:02] | I’m not playing games. | 我没有在耍把戏 |
[03:05] | I’m telling the truth. | 我说的是实话 |
[03:07] | You want to reject my claims but you can’t. | 你想否认我的论断 但你做不到 |
[03:09] | Why is that? | 为什么? |
[03:12] | Because you and I both know there’s a monster out there. | 因为你我都知道外面有个怪物 |
[03:16] | And Rowan is his latest victim. | 而罗文是其最新的受害者 |
[03:21] | -Sheriff? -What? | -警长? -什么事? |
[03:23] | You’re gonna want to see this. | 看看这个吧 |
[03:32] | Edgar Allan Poe said. | 埃德加爱伦坡说过 |
[03:34] | “Believe nothing you hear and half of what you see.” | “对你所耳闻的 一概不信 对你所目睹的也只信一半” |
[03:37] | Clearly Nevermore’s most famous alumni picked that up here. | 显然 这位奈弗莫尔学院 最著名的校友在这里悟出了这个道理 |
[03:42] | No wonder he became a drug-addled madman. | 难怪他会变成一个吸毒成瘾的疯子 |
[03:57] | Help me understand why you claim you witnessed a murder. | 告诉我 你为何声称目睹了一起谋杀 |
[04:00] | Was it to gain attention? | 是为了获得关注吗? |
[04:02] | Why should I bother telling you anything? | 我为什么要告诉你? |
[04:04] | You’ve already decided I’m lying. | 你已经认定我在撒谎了 |
[04:07] | I know what I saw. | 我知道自己看到了什么 |
[04:09] | Your life’s had a lot of upheaval recently. | 你的生活最近波折不断 |
[04:12] | It’s okay to be confused about things. | 偶尔犯糊涂也算正常 |
[04:15] | Don’t try and lure me into one of your psychological traps. | 别想把我引入你的心理陷阱 |
[04:17] | No one is trying to trap you. | 没人想陷害你 |
[04:19] | I’m here to help you process your emotions. | 我是来帮你应对情绪的 |
[04:21] | Emotions are a gateway trait. | 情绪就是闸口 |
[04:24] | They lead to feelings, which trigger tears. | 情绪会招致感情 从而引发眼泪 |
[04:27] | I don’t do tears. | 我拒绝哭泣 |
[04:30] | Tell me how you’re adjusting to school. | 跟我说说 你在学校还适应吗? |
[04:32] | Sartre said, “Hell is other people.” | 萨特说过:“他人即地狱” |
[04:35] | He was my first crush. | 他是我的初恋 |
[04:37] | Wednesday, Part of the reason your parents sent you to Nevermore | 你父母把你送来 奈弗莫尔学院的一个初衷 |
[04:39] | is so you could find your people. Become part of a larger community. | 就是让你能找到同类人 融入到群体中 |
[04:42] | I like being an island. | 我喜欢当孤岛 |
[04:44] | A well-fortified one surrounded by sharks. | 被鲨鱼包围 戒备森严 |
[04:46] | Have you considered your antisocial tendencies | 你的反社会倾向 |
[04:48] | might be motivated by fear of rejection? | 可能是因为害怕被拒绝 |
[04:50] | If you were to reject me, I would not be upset. | 如果你现在拒绝我 我不会难过 |
[04:53] | You can’t get rid of me that easily. | 想摆脱我没那么容易 |
[04:57] | And look, you made it through an entire session without trying to escape. | 你看 你坚持了一整次的治疗 都没有试图逃跑 |
[05:01] | I’ll take that as a win. | 我觉得这就是胜利 |
[05:06] | Guess you decided to stick around Jericho. | 看来你决定留在杰里科了 |
[05:08] | Wait, you see Dr. Kinbott too? | 等等 你也看金博特医生? |
[05:10] | You should know I’m legally required to be here. | 你要知道 根据法律要求 我必须来 |
[05:14] | Uh, me too. Court ordered. | 我也是 法庭指令 |
[05:17] | Look at us. A couple of teenage tearaways. | 看看我们 一对不良青年 |
[05:23] | Hey, when you ran off last night at the Harvest Festival, | 嘿 昨晚丰收节你跑掉的时候 |
[05:26] | I wasn’t sure what happened, and then I heard… | 我还不确定是什么情况 然后我听说… |
[05:30] | Kinda crazy. | 真是骇人听闻 |
[05:31] | Everyone, including your father, believes I made it all up. | 所有人 包括你父亲 都认为这一切是我编造的 |
[05:34] | -You know, I… | 你知道 我… |
[05:37] | Time to get in touch with my inner rebel. | 该去跟自己内心的叛逆打交道了 |
[05:40] | You know, for the record, | 郑重声明 |
[05:43] | I believe you. | 我相信你 |
[05:52] | Ladies, come on! Let’s work on those teeth. | 姐妹们快点!好好画这些牙齿 |
[05:56] | More scowl. | 再凶一点 |
[05:58] | This kitty is taking no prisoners. | 本小猫可是不留情面的 |
[06:00] | If Bianca Barclay wins again this year. | 如果比安卡巴克莱今年再次获胜 |
[06:02] | I will literally scratch my own eyes out! | 我真的会把自己的眼珠子挖出来! |
[06:05] | I would pay money to see that. | 那我愿意花钱去看 |
[06:08] | Howdy, roomie! | 你好啊 室友! |
[06:10] | I’m so glad you decided to stay. | 我很高兴你决定留下来 |
[06:12] | I thought you wanted your single room back. | 我以为你想回到单人间生活 |
[06:14] | Full disclosure, I don’t like living solo and Thing gives a killer neck massage. | 老实说 我不喜欢独居 而且小东西的颈部按摩特别舒服 |
[06:18] | It’s a win-win. | 这是双赢 |
[06:20] | So… why the change of heart? | 所以…你为什么改变心意了? |
[06:22] | I refuse to play the role of a pawn in someone else’s corrupt game. | 我拒绝当别人无良游戏中的棋子 |
[06:27] | -You mean Rowan? -I witnessed his murder, Enid. | -你是说罗文? -我亲眼目睹他被杀害 伊妮德 |
[06:29] | It’s just, we all saw him this morning. | 只是今天早上我们都看到他了 |
[06:33] | Very much, like, not dead. | 生龙活虎的 |
[06:35] | I know. | 我知道 |
[06:36] | Which leads me to believe I’ve been losing my mind. | 这让我觉得自己疯了 |
[06:41] | It’s not nearly as fun as I had anticipated. | 远没有我预期的那么有趣 |
[06:44] | You’re Nevermore’s gossip queen. What’s Rowan’s story? | 你是奈弗莫尔学院的八卦女王 罗文是什么背景? |
[06:47] | Other than being a weird loner… Uh… | 也就是个独行侠怪胎… |
[06:50] | -No offense. -None taken. | -无意冒犯 -没关系 |
[06:52] | Xavier Thorpe’s his roommate. | 泽维尔索普是他的室友 |
[06:53] | If you had a cell phone, you could just text him and ask him. | 你要是有手机 就可以直接发信息问他了 |
[06:57] | Yoko. Come on! Flare those whiskers. | 洋子 快点!让胡须飞扬起来 |
[06:59] | The Poe Cup droops for no one. | 爱伦坡杯不垂怜任何人 |
[07:02] | What is the Poe Cup anyway? | 爱伦坡杯是什么? |
[07:03] | My entire reason for living right now. | 我现在活着的全部理由 |
[07:06] | Part canoe race, part foot chase, no rules. | 一半是独木舟比赛 一半是徒步追逐 没有规则 |
[07:10] | Each dorm has to pick an Edgar Allan Poe short story for inspiration. | 每个宿舍都必须挑选一个 埃德加爱伦坡短篇小说作为灵感来源 |
[07:14] | You could grab a brush. | 你可以拿把刷子加入我们 |
[07:15] | Ms. Thornhill’s just ordered pizza. Want to take a stab at being social? | 桑希尔女士刚点了披萨 要不要跟同学拉拢一下关系? |
[07:20] | I do like stabbing. | 我的确喜欢捅人 |
[07:22] | The social part, not so much. | 拉拢关系就算了 |
[07:24] | Besides, it’ll cut into my writing time. | 而且这会占用我写作的时间 |
[07:26] | No worries. | 没事 |
[07:28] | Just as long as you’re lakeside cheering us to victory on race day. | 只要比赛那天 你在湖边为我们加油就行 |
[07:34] | Or you can just glare uncomfortably. Whatever works for you. | 或者冷眼旁观 你怎么舒服怎么来 |
[07:39] | I’ve always hated the expression “write what you know.” | 我一直很讨厌 “写你所知道的”这种说法 |
[07:47] | It’s a hall pass for the imagination-impaired. | 这是想象力贫瘠之人的托词罢了 |
[07:52] | But when your life becomes a twisted mystery… | 但当你的生活 变成了错综复杂的谜团… |
[07:57] | maybe it’s time to lean into it. | 也许是时候试试这个法子了 |
[08:09] | I need to speak with Rowan. I can’t find him. | 我要和罗文谈谈 我找不到他 |
[08:11] | It won’t be possible, I’m afraid. He’s been expelled. | 你找不到他的 他被开除了 |
[08:14] | For what? | 为什么? |
[08:15] | Never you mind. He’ll be on the first train out this afternoon. | 跟你无关 他今天下午会搭第一班火车离开 |
[08:18] | What were you doing out in the woods with him? | 你当时和他在树林里做什么? |
[08:21] | I told you already. | 我已经告诉过你了 |
[08:22] | I heard a noise, and I went to investigate. | 我听到动静 于是就赶去调查 |
[08:25] | That excuse might have placated the sheriff, but you can’t fool me. | 这个借口也许能唬弄警长 但你骗不了我 |
[08:30] | You had a psychic vision, didn’t you? | 你看到过灵异幻象 对吧? |
[08:34] | I realized you might be having them when we passed by the accident | 我们经过那场车祸的时候 我就意识到你可能有过幻象 |
[08:37] | and you knew that poor farmer had broken his neck. | 你早知道那个可怜的农夫断了脖子 |
[08:42] | Your mother started having visions around your age. | 你母亲在你这个年纪时 开始看到幻象 |
[08:46] | They were notoriously unreliable and dangerous. | 那些幻象极其不可靠 也很危险 |
[08:50] | I remember at first, | 我记得一开始 |
[08:53] | she thought she might be losing her mind. | 她以为自己可能疯了 |
[08:57] | Have you spoken to her about them? | 你跟她谈过这事吗? |
[09:03] | Clearly the person withholding information here is you. | 显然隐瞒信息的人是你 |
[09:07] | May I go now? | 我可以走了吗? |
[09:08] | Not until you’ve picked your extracurricular activity. | 除非你选好课外活动 |
[09:11] | We want our students to be well-rounded. | 我们希望学生全面发展 |
[09:13] | I’d prefer to remain sharp-edged. | 我更愿意保持锋芒 |
[09:16] | I took the liberty of putting together a list of clubs that have openings. | 我自作主张 整理了一份有空缺位置的社团名单 |
[09:20] | How thoughtful. | 真贴心 |
[09:21] | You need to have picked one by the end of the day. | 今天之内你必须选择一个 |
[09:25] | I’ll be keeping my eye on you. | 我会盯着你的 |
[09:28] | No doubt you’ll find something that tickles your fancy. | 你一定会找到戳到你兴趣的东西 |
[09:31] | The last person who tickled me lost a finger. | 上一个戳我的人失去了一根手指 |
[09:38] | Weems is clearly trying to keep tabs on me. | 威姆斯显然是想监视我 |
[09:40] | Keep an eye on Rowan. | 盯着罗文 |
[09:42] | Don’t let your fingers out of his sight. | 别让他离开你的手指视线 |
[09:55] | Weems said you’d be stopping by. | 威姆斯说过你会过来 |
[09:57] | But to be honest, after your performance at the Harvest Festival, | 但说实话 经过你在丰收节上的那番表演 |
[10:01] | drama club might be more your speed. | 戏剧社可能更适合你 |
[10:02] | After I passed out, who did you tell? The sheriff? | 我昏过去之后 你告诉谁了?警长吗? |
[10:06] | You think I’d trust normie cops? | 你觉得我会相信正常人警察? |
[10:08] | I went straight to Weems and let her handle it. | 我直接去找了威姆斯 让她处理 |
[10:10] | Anyway, let’s get this audition over with. | 总而言之 赶紧开始面试吧 |
[10:13] | What are you? Alto, soprano or just loco? | 你是什么? 女中音、女高音还是女疯子? |
[10:28] | What was that? | 那是什么? |
[10:29] | A note only dogs can hear. | 只有狗才能听到的音调 |
[10:58] | Huh. You actually showed up. Ever shot a bow and arrow before? | 你还真来了 以前射过弓箭吗? |
[11:00] | Only on live targets. | 只打过活靶 |
[11:04] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[11:07] | Square stance. | 平架站立 |
[11:08] | Load the arrow like this, yellow side out. | 像这样装上箭 黄色的一面朝外 |
[11:11] | Three fingers. | 用三根手指 |
[11:13] | Pull back and… | 往后拉 然后… |
[11:17] | let it fly. | 让它飞起来 |
[11:19] | Any questions? | 有问题吗? |
[11:20] | When’s the last time you saw your roommate Rowan? | 你最后一次 见你室友罗文是什么时候? |
[11:23] | You mean the one that was killed by a monster? | 被怪物杀死的那个? |
[11:26] | The Harvest Festival. I haven’t talked to him since. | 丰收节上 自那之后没跟他说过话 |
[11:29] | But his side of the room was all packed this morning. | 但他的那边房间今早都已经收拾好了 |
[11:31] | Rowan’s always been a little off, | 罗文一直都不太正常 但是 |
[11:34] | but, uh, the last couple weeks he’s been more erratic. | 最近几周他更加古怪了 |
[11:37] | You know, telekinesis can mess with your head, you know. He’s… | 心灵遥感会扰乱心智 他… |
[11:40] | It started to freak me out. | 都开始吓到我了 |
[11:43] | So what’s the deal with you and Tyler? | 你和泰勒是怎么回事? |
[11:46] | I’m sorry, were you the only one who got to ask non-archery questions? | 不好意思 只有你能问与射箭无关的问题吗? |
[11:49] | There is no deal. He was doing me a favor driving me out of town. | 我俩之间没有情况 他是在帮我的忙 开车送我出城 |
[11:53] | Yeah, word of advice. Steer clear. | 给你个建议 跟他保持距离 |
[11:55] | Why? Because he’s a normie? | 为何?因为他是正常人? |
[11:57] | Tyler and his friends are jerks. | 泰勒和他的朋友都是混蛋 |
[11:59] | They can’t stand that this school’s propping up their Podunk town. | 他们无法忍受是这所学校 支撑着他们那无足轻重的小镇 |
[12:02] | Says the boy whose life was served on a silver platter. | 含着金汤匙出生的少爷如是说 |
[12:05] | Hey, girls in glass houses… | 嘿 自身且不足就莫揭… |
[12:06] | Should throw bigger stones. | 就更要锋芒毕露 |
[12:09] | At least I’m not an elitist snob. | 至少我不是自命不凡的势利眼 |
[12:16] | Ouch. | 真心痛 |
[12:35] | Are you interested in the ancient art of beekeeping? | 你对古老的养蜂艺术感兴趣吗? |
[12:39] | Eugene. Eugene Ottinger. | 我是尤金 尤金奥廷格 |
[12:41] | Founder and president of the Nevermore Hummers. | 奈弗莫尔学院悍马蜂社团的 创建人兼社长 |
[12:44] | Wednesday. Wednesday Addams. | 我是星期三 星期三亚当斯 |
[12:47] | Am I late or is it only you? | 是我迟到了 还是只有你一人? |
[12:50] | The hive life isn’t for everyone. | 不是每个人都适合蜂巢生活 |
[12:53] | Most kids are afraid of venomous insects. | 大多数孩子害怕有毒的昆虫 |
[12:57] | Are you willing to feel the sting? | 你愿意感受刺痛吗? |
[13:04] | Bees have been producing honey in the same way for 150 million years. | 蜜蜂以同样的方式产蜜 已经有1.5亿年了 |
[13:08] | They’re nature’s perfect community. | 它们是大自然最完美的群落 |
[13:10] | All working together to achieve a common goal. | 大家齐心协力达成共同目标 |
[13:14] | Fun fact, it’s also one of the few ecosystems in which females dominate. | 冷知识 蜂巢也是为数不多的 雌性占主导地位的生态系统之一 |
[13:19] | From the queen bee to her workers. There’s no patriarchy in the hive! | 从蜂王到它的工蜂 蜂巢里没有父权制! |
[13:29] | Rowan! We need to talk. | 罗文!我们得谈谈 |
[13:32] | Wednesday, I’m not allowed to speak to anyone. | 星期三 我不能和任何人说话 |
[13:35] | You had a lot to say when you tried to kill me. | 你当初想杀我时 倒是说了很多 |
[13:38] | Told me I was destined to destroy the school, remember? | 你告诉我 我注定要毁掉学校 记得吗? |
[13:42] | Where did you get that drawing? | 你从哪弄到的那张画? |
[13:44] | I just went into the woods to clear my head. | 我只是去树林里放空一下大脑 |
[13:46] | Then you came after me. | 然后你就来找我了 |
[13:49] | Wednesday. | 星期三 |
[13:51] | You shouldn’t be here. | 你不该来这里 |
[13:52] | Yeah, back off and leave me alone. | 对 滚开别烦我 |
[15:49] | I’m going to give you all the materials again… | 我再把所有的材料给你… |
[15:51] | How do you lose him in a bathroom with no windows? | 你怎么能在 没有窗户的卫生间里跟丢他? |
[15:55] | A lefty wouldn’t have failed me. | 换作左手 就不会让我失望 |
[16:00] | Don’t sulk. | 不要生闷气 |
[16:01] | I’m going to have to find new evidence myself, | 现在我得自己找新证据了 |
[16:03] | since you lost our only lead. | 因为你跟丢了我们唯一的线索 |
[16:05] | I see you finally made a friend. | 看来你终于交到朋友了 |
[16:07] | Even if it is a plant. | 虽然只是棵植物 |
[16:09] | I go for quality over quantity. | 我追求的是质量 不是数量 |
[16:21] | There’s an open spot next to me. | 我旁边有空位 |
[16:24] | If you can stand sitting that close to an elitist snob. | 如果你能忍受 和自命不凡的势利眼坐得那么近 |
[16:47] | I doubt Wednesday is impressed by your tricks, Mr. Thorpe. | 星期三会估计不会 被你的把戏打动 索普先生 |
[16:51] | Admit it, you’re a little impressed. | 承认吧 你明明就觉得了不起 |
[16:59] | Wednesday, we’re thrilled to have you join us | 星期三 我们很高兴你能加入我们 |
[17:03] | on our journey into the world of carnivorous plants. | 进入食肉植物世界之旅 |
[17:07] | Now… | 好了… |
[17:09] | who can tell us the name of this beauty? | 谁能说出这位美人的名字? |
[17:12] | Dendrophylax lindenii. | 鬼兰 |
[17:15] | Otherwise known as the ghost orchid. | 也叫幽灵兰 |
[17:18] | First discovered on the Isle of Wight in 1854. | 1854年在怀特岛被首次发现 |
[17:22] | Very good, Wednesday. | 非常好 星期三 |
[17:24] | You may have competition for first chair, Bianca. | 比安卡 可能要有人 与你竞争第一名的宝座了 |
[17:29] | Wednesday, perhaps you can identify the ghost orchid’s greatest qualities. | 星期三 也许你能说出 鬼兰最优秀的特质 |
[17:33] | Resilience and adaptability. | 坚韧且适应性极强 |
[17:36] | It’s able to thrive in even the most hostile environments. | 它能在最恶劣的环境中茁壮成长 |
[17:39] | But its mere presence can change the ecosystem, | 但是它的存在可以改变生态系统 |
[17:41] | causing the established plants to reject it. | 导致已有的植物排斥它 |
[17:44] | Usually because the native species is allowed to thrive unchecked. | 通常是因为本地物种 可以肆无忌惮地生长 |
[17:47] | Nothing a Weedwackercouldn’t fix. | 没有什么是除草机解决不了的 |
[17:50] | -You can most certainly try. -Are we still talking about flowers? | -你大可一试 -我们还在谈论花吗? |
[17:54] | Thank you, ladies, for those illuminating insights. | 谢谢两位女士 你们的见解很有启发性 |
[17:58] | Clearly the plants aren’t the only carnivores in class today. | 显然植物并不是今天课堂上 唯一的食肉性生物 |
[18:05] | Good boy. | 好孩子 |
[18:06] | Watch your butt. Watch your butt. | 小心屁股 |
[18:09] | -Hey. Where you going with Elvis? -Just, uh… | -嘿 你要和埃尔维斯去哪? -就是… |
[18:13] | following a lead on a case. | 追踪一个案子的线索 |
[18:16] | You still believe there’s a creature out there, don’t you? | 你还是相信外面有只怪物 是吗? |
[18:19] | I heard you and Santiago talking. You think it’s a Nevermore kid? | 我听到你和桑提亚哥说话了 你觉得是奈弗莫尔学院的学生干的? |
[18:23] | Ran into your shrink. | 我碰到了你的心理医生 |
[18:24] | She was kind of tight-lipped about your progress. | 她对你的情况守口如瓶 |
[18:28] | It’s called doctor-patient confidentiality. | 这叫医患保密协议 |
[18:30] | How about father-son confidentiality? | 来个父子保密协议如何? |
[18:32] | What are you two yakking about? | 你们两个聊了什么? |
[18:36] | Video games, cancel culture, oat milk versus soy, it’s a wild time. | 电子游戏、取消文化 燕麦牛奶还是豆浆 聊得可开心了 |
[18:40] | -I pay the bills, I got a right to ask. -We talk about Mom. | -钱是我付的 所以我有权利问 -我们聊了妈妈 |
[18:45] | Remember her? | 你还记得她吗? |
[18:49] | Better not be talking crap about your old man. | 最好别对你的老爸说话不客气 |
[18:52] | I’ll be home late. You’re on your own for dinner. | 我会晚点回家 晚餐你自己解决吧 |
[18:54] | Oh, damn. | 真可惜 |
[18:55] | I…I was hoping we could fire up the grill and then catch the big game. | 我还希望我们能架起烤架看比赛呢 |
[19:00] | Love these warm, fuzzy memories we’re making, Dad. | 真喜欢我们制造的这些 温情小回忆 爸爸 |
[19:12] | I have to get back to the woods, | 我得回树林里去 但威姆斯一直盯着我 |
[19:15] | but Weems has been watching me like a vulture circling a carcass. | 就像一只盯着尸体的秃鹰 |
[19:17] | And you want me to cover | 你想让我掩护你 |
[19:18] | so that you can return to the scene of a crime that didn’t happen? | 回到没有发生的犯罪现场吗? |
[19:21] | I have beekeeping club this afternoon. | 今天下午我要去养蜂社团 |
[19:22] | I need you as decoy. | 我需要你做替身 |
[19:24] | Sorry. Two strikes. | 抱歉 两点缘由 |
[19:26] | I’m busy and bees totally creep me out. | 我很忙 而且我很怕蜜蜂 |
[19:29] | Why don’t you ask Thing? Wait, you can’t because he’s mad at you. | 你为什么不问问小东西? 等等 你不能 因为它在生你的气 |
[19:32] | Why’s he mad? He’s the one who screwed up. | 它为什么生气?是它搞砸了 |
[19:35] | All I know is that we spent an hour giving each other manis, and he really opened up. | 我只知道我们花了一个小时 给对方做美甲 它向我敞开了心扉 |
[19:39] | He feels like you don’t respect him as a person. | 它觉得你不尊重它这个人 |
[19:42] | Technically, he’s only a hand. | 严格来说 它只是一只手 |
[19:43] | Wednesday! He’s your family. | 星期三!它是你的家人 |
[19:46] | And he would do anything for you. | 它会为你做任何事 |
[19:49] | Go apologize and I’ll reconsider helping you. | 你先去道歉 我再考虑要不要帮你 |
[20:11] | I snapped at you. I’ll check my tone in the future. | 我对你发脾气了 以后我会注意语气的 |
[20:15] | Now chop-chop, before all our leads turn cold. | 赶紧行动吧 趁我们的线索还没断 |
[20:24] | What is it that you want? Hand cream? Nail buffer? | 你想要什么?护手霜?指甲油? |
[20:27] | New cuticle scissors? | 新的死皮剪? |
[20:29] | Consider it done. | 统统满足你 |
[20:45] | I know I’m stubborn, single-minded and obsessive. | 我知道自己性情顽固 一意孤行 执迷不悟 |
[20:48] | But those are all traits of great writers. | 但这些都是伟大作家的特质 |
[20:53] | Yes. And serial killers. | 对 也是连环杀手的特质 |
[20:55] | What’s your point? | 你想说什么? |
[20:58] | I have nothing to get off my chest, | 我没有什么要吐露的 |
[21:00] | and I am not submitting to your emotional blackmail. | 我也不会屈服于你的感情勒索 |
[21:08] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[21:16] | When Rowan showed me this, it confirmed my greatest fear. | 当罗文给我看这个时 便证实了我最大的恐惧 |
[21:22] | That I’m going to be responsible for something terrible. | 一件恐怖的事情将由我而起 |
[21:25] | Not good terrible, like Ivan. | 不是像恐怖伊凡沙皇那种好的恐怖 |
[21:27] | Bad terrible. | 是不好的恐怖 |
[21:28] | And I can’t let that happen. | 我不能让这种事发生 |
[21:31] | That’s why I need to find out the truth. | 所以我才要找出真相 |
[21:38] | Breathe a word of this to anyone and I will end you. | 敢向别人透露一个字 我就杀了你 |
[21:48] | If Weems comes sniffing around, | 如果威姆斯来打探情况 |
[21:50] | keep your distance, look grim, and don’t say a word. | 保持距离 露出阴冷的表情 一个字都别说 |
[21:53] | -Payback is going to be a bitch. -I’d expect nothing less. | -不然不会有好下场 -肯定的 |
[21:58] | Blab and I will squeeze you like a honeycomb. | 你要是告密 我会像捏蜂窝一样捏死你 |
[22:01] | Snitches get stung. | 告密者难逃被蛰 |
[22:03] | It’s hive code. | 这是蜂巢密语 |
[22:04] | Besides, I should be thanking you. | 而且我应该感谢你 |
[22:07] | This is the most girls I’ve ever had in the shed. | 这是在我小屋里女孩最多的一次 |
[22:10] | Other than bees. | 除了蜜蜂之外 |
[22:11] | Shocking. | 真想不到呢 |
[22:14] | I’ve always had a thing for werewolf chicks. | 我一直很喜欢狼人小妞 |
[22:17] | The chance that Enid ever becomes romantically interested in you | 伊妮德对你产生情愫的几率 |
[22:20] | is less than 1%. | 不到1% |
[22:21] | So I’ve still got a shot? | 那我还是有机会的? |
[22:23] | Yes! | 太好了! |
[22:30] | In ancient times, honey was used to treat wounds and in sacrificial burial rites. | 在古代 蜂蜜被用来治疗伤口 和用于祭祀埋葬仪式 |
[22:36] | Cleopatra was rumored to bathe in honey. | 传说埃及艳后用蜂蜜沐浴 |
[22:38] | Gave her skin a luminous glow. | 让她的皮肤焕发光彩 |
[22:40] | You ever taken a honey bath? | 你洗过蜂蜜浴吗? |
[22:43] | I just don’t wanna get stung. | 我只是不想被蛰 |
[22:45] | The key is to remain calm. | 关键是要保持冷静 |
[22:47] | Bees detect fear, but you don’t need to worry. | 蜜蜂能察觉到恐惧 但你不必担心 |
[22:50] | Because I have a very big smoker, and I handle it like a pro. | 因为我有个大玩意 应付起来得心应手 |
[22:55] | Would you like to see it? | 你想看看吗? |
[23:18] | Sorry. I didn’t want Elvis to pick up on your scent. | 抱歉 我不想让埃尔维斯 闻到你的气味 |
[23:22] | Thanks. How’d you throw them off? | 谢谢 你是怎么甩掉他们的? |
[23:27] | -Coffee grounds? | 咖啡渣? |
[23:30] | Deer-hunting hack. | 猎鹿黑科技 |
[23:31] | One of the perks of being a part-time barista. | 兼职咖啡师的好处之一 |
[23:33] | I assume your father didn’t bring the bloodhound to play fetch. | 我猜你父亲 不是带猎犬来玩接球游戏的 |
[23:36] | He doesn’t tell me shit. | 他什么都不告诉我 |
[23:39] | You must think it’s weird I’m stalking him. | 你一定觉得我跟踪他很奇怪 |
[23:41] | No, I consistently stalk my parents. | 不会 我总是跟踪我父母 |
[23:46] | Hey, wait, what really happened the other night at the festival? | 等等 丰收节那晚到底发生了什么? |
[23:50] | Look, I swear I won’t say anything to my dad. | 听着 我发誓 我什么都不会跟我爸说 |
[23:55] | I thought Rowan was in danger. | 我以为罗文有危险 |
[23:57] | Turns out I was wrong. | 结果我错了 |
[23:59] | Then he proceeded to use his telekinesis to try and choke me to death. | 然后他开始用心灵遥感 试图掐死我 |
[24:03] | Holy shit. Wh… Why would he do that? | 天啊 他为什么要这么做? |
[24:05] | No idea. That’s when this monster came out of the shadows and gutted him. | 不知道 然后那个怪物 从黑暗中窜出来 把他开膛破肚了 |
[24:10] | Whoa. Whoa. | 喔 喔 |
[24:12] | So… So you really saw it? | 所以你真的看到了? |
[24:15] | And it didn’t try to kill you? | 那怪物没想杀你吗? |
[24:17] | It actually saved me from Rowan. That’s the part I’m trying to figure out. | 其实是它把我从罗文手里救了出来 我想弄明白是怎么回事 |
[24:22] | I came here to find something that can prove he was murdered | 我来寻找证据 证明他被谋杀 |
[24:24] | and that I haven’t lost my mind. | 而且我也没有疯掉 |
[24:26] | Yet. | 起码目前没有 |
[24:35] | These are Rowan’s. | 是罗文的眼镜 |
[24:37] | I knew it was a cover-up. | 我就知道有人在掩盖什么 |
[24:40] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么? |
[24:41] | -So much of my… -…my new desk, you psychopath! | -我这么多… -…我的新桌子 你个神经病! |
[24:45] | -Speaking of that– -You creep people out! | -说到这个… -你吓死人了! |
[24:48] | -You know– -Unbelievable. | -其实… -真是不可思议 |
[24:50] | I did. | 是的 |
[24:51] | You’re crazy! | 你疯了! |
[24:58] | You okay? | 你没事吧? |
[25:05] | I keep seeing that same purple book. | 我一直看到那本紫色的书 |
[25:10] | The cover was darker. | 封面颜色更深 |
[25:11] | More like a day-old contusion. Keep looking. | 更像是一天下来的血肿 继续找 |
[25:20] | I don’t usually find students in here looking for actual books. | 我很少看到学生真的来找书 |
[25:25] | Most sneak in to make out. | 大多数人都是溜进来亲热的 |
[25:27] | I accidentally walked in on two vampires fanging. | 我不小心撞见了 两个吸血鬼在碰撞尖牙 |
[25:31] | I can’t unsee that. | 那场面如何都挥之不去 |
[25:33] | Is there something I can help you find? | 你要找什么?我帮你 |
[25:38] | Have you seen this before? | 你见过这个吗? |
[25:39] | It’s a watermark from a book I’m looking for. | 这是我在寻找的一本书的水印 |
[25:42] | I think it’s the symbol to an old student society. Um… | 这好像是一个旧学生社团的标志 |
[25:47] | The Nightshades. | 夜影社 |
[25:48] | Like the deadly flower. | 就像致命的龙葵 |
[25:52] | Color me intrigued. | 我很好奇 |
[25:52] | I was told they disbanded years ago. | 我听说他们几年前解散了 |
[25:55] | Any idea why? | 知道为什么吗? |
[25:57] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[26:04] | I was very impressed with your answers in class today. | 你今天在课堂上的回答让我印象深刻 |
[26:06] | My mother is a carnivorous plant aficionado. | 我母亲是一个食肉植物专家 |
[26:09] | I assume I get my red thumb from her. | 我想我从她那里继承来了 食肉园艺技能 |
[26:12] | Are you and your mother close? | 你和你母亲感情好吗? |
[26:15] | Like two inmates sentenced to life on the same cell block. | 我们就像两个被判终身监禁 关在同一间牢房里的囚犯 |
[26:18] | I know it can’t be easy… showing up mid-semester. | 我知道这不容易…学期中段转学过来 |
[26:22] | I’ve been here a year and a half, and I still feel like an outsider. | 我来这里一年半了 还是觉得自己像个局外人 |
[26:26] | Because you’re the only normie on the staff? | 因为你是教职工中唯一的正常人吗? |
[26:30] | Enid told me. | 伊妮德告诉我了 |
[26:33] | To tell you the truth, I’ve never really fit in anywhere. | 说实话 我从来没有 真正融入过任何地方 |
[26:37] | Too odd for the normies, not odd enough for the outcasts. | 对正常人来说太奇怪 对异类来说又不够奇怪 |
[26:41] | I thought Nevermore would be different, | 我以为奈弗莫尔学院 会有所不同 但是 |
[26:44] | but there’s still a handful of teachers who will barely acknowledge me. | 但还是有一些老师根本不承认我 |
[26:48] | I act as if I don’t care if people dislike me. | 我表现出一副 不在乎别人是否讨厌我的样子 |
[26:53] | Deep down… | 但内心深处 |
[26:57] | I secretly enjoy it. | 我竟然很享受 |
[27:01] | -Never lose that, Wednesday. | 永远别丢掉这个 星期三 |
[27:03] | -Lose what? | 丢掉什么? |
[27:05] | The ability to not let others define you. | 不让别人定义你的能力 |
[27:08] | It’s a gift. | 这是天赋 |
[27:11] | Doesn’t always feel that way. | 我并不总是这么觉得 |
[27:14] | The most interesting plants grow in the shade. | 最有趣的植物生长在暗处 |
[27:20] | And if you ever need anyone to talk to, | 如果你需要找人谈谈 |
[27:22] | the door to the conservatory is always open. | 温室的大门永远敞开着 |
[27:50] | That purple book has got to be around here somewhere. | 那本紫色的书一定就在这里 |
[27:52] | Start investigating. | 开始调查 |
[28:33] | Rowan’s full of surprises. | 罗文真是充满惊喜 |
[28:48] | You’re not supposed to be up here. | 你不该上来的 |
[28:50] | Good to see you too. | 我也很高兴见到你 |
[28:51] | How’d you get past the Housemaster? Use your siren powers? | 你是怎么绕过宿管的? 用你的海妖能力? |
[28:54] | Not while wearing this. | 戴着这个不行 |
[28:56] | Would it kill you to not think the worst of me for once? | 你就不能别总是把我往坏处想吗? |
[28:58] | -What do you want, Bianca? | 你有什么事 比安卡? |
[29:00] | -To see how you’re doing. | 看看你怎么样了 |
[29:02] | I’m sorry about Rowan. I know you guys used to be close. | 罗文的事我很遗憾 我知道你们以前关系很好 |
[29:05] | Since when did you give a damn about Rowan? | 你什么时候开始关心起罗文了? |
[29:07] | You were the one afraid he’d do something to Wednesday. | 是你害怕他会对星期三做什么 |
[29:10] | Isn’t that why you’ve been following her like an eager-eyed puppy? | 这难道不是你像条狗一样 眼巴巴一直跟着她的原因吗? |
[29:13] | Or is there something more? | 还是有别的原因? |
[29:18] | Seriously, what do you see in her? | 说真的 你看上她什么了? |
[29:21] | You have a thing for a tragic goth girls with funeral-parlor fashion sense? | 你喜欢上了殡仪馆着装风格的 悲惨哥特式女孩? |
[29:24] | Maybe it’s because she hasn’t tried to manipulate me. | 也许是因为她没有试图操纵我 |
[29:27] | I make one mistake, and you can’t forgive me. | 我只是犯了一个错误 你就无法原谅我 |
[29:30] | She treats you like crap, you can’t get enough. | 她待你如草芥 你却无法自拔 |
[29:32] | Why are you fixated on Wednesday? | 你为何对她耿耿于怀? |
[29:33] | Because she thinks she’s better than everyone else. | 因为她觉得自己比别人都强 |
[29:37] | I can’t wait to crush Ophelia Hall tomorrow | 我已经等不及明天击败奥菲莉亚厅了 |
[29:40] | and watch her werewolf roommate crumble. | 看着她的狼人室友崩溃不已 |
[29:43] | It’s gonna be a Poe Cup finale to remember. | 这将是场值得纪念的爱伦坡杯决赛 |
[29:45] | -I hate to think what you’ve got planned. -My game’s already started. | -我懒得去想你有什么打算 -我的游戏已经开始了 |
[29:49] | I like to win. | 我喜欢赢 |
[29:51] | Is that so wrong? | 这有什么不对吗? |
[29:53] | And you wonder why I broke up with you. | 你还奇怪我为什么要和你分手 |
[29:56] | You used to love my killer instinct. | 你以前很喜欢我的好胜决绝 |
[30:02] | We were good together, Xavier. | 我们在一起时很幸福的 泽维尔 |
[30:05] | Were we? | 是吗? |
[30:07] | Is that just how you wanted me to feel? | 还是你想让我这么觉得? |
[30:12] | Trust me, Wednesday Addams is not the girl of your dreams. | 相信我 星期三亚当斯 不是你的梦中情人 |
[30:16] | She’s the stuff of your nightmares. | 她是你的噩梦 |
[30:29] | Where have you been? | 你去哪里了? |
[30:30] | I’m literally having a heart attack right now. | 我现在真的要心脏病发作了 |
[30:33] | -Yoko’s in the infirmary! -What happened? | -洋子现在在医务室! -怎么了? |
[30:35] | Garlic bread incident at dinner. | 晚餐不小心吃了蒜蓉面包 |
[30:37] | She had a major allergic reaction. She’s out of the Poe Cup. | 她起了严重的过敏反应 不能参加爱伦坡杯了 |
[30:40] | I don’t have a co-pilot. | 我没有副手了 |
[30:41] | It wasn’t an accident. Bianca’s behind it. | 这不是意外 是比安卡在搞鬼 |
[30:43] | -How do you know? -Doesn’t matter. | -你怎么知道的? -这不重要 |
[30:45] | You and I are going to take her down tomorrow. | 你和我明天要把她击垮 |
[30:48] | Wait. | 等等 |
[30:49] | You’re joining the Black Cats? | 你要加入黑猫队? |
[30:51] | You’re willing to do that? | 你愿意这么做吗? |
[30:53] | For me? | 为了我? |
[30:56] | I want to humiliate Bianca so badly | 我想狠狠地羞辱比安卡 |
[30:58] | that the bitter taste of defeat burns in her throat. | 让她尝尝失败的苦涩滋味 |
[31:02] | Yeah, but mostly you’re doing it because we’re friends, right? | 对 但你这样做 主要是因为我们是朋友 对吧? |
[31:07] | Tell me how she keeps winning. | 告诉我 她是怎么连连获胜的 |
[31:09] | It’s a real brain cramp. | 真的很让人费解 |
[31:11] | The past two years, no other boat has made it across and back without sinking. | 过去两年 没有一艘船 能够在不沉没的情况航行一个来回 |
[31:14] | Sounds like sabotage. | 听起来像是蓄意破坏 |
[31:16] | There are no rules in the Poe Cup, | 爱伦坡杯没有规则 |
[31:18] | and she is a siren, which makes her master of the water. | 而她是海妖 简直就是水中霸主 |
[31:22] | Then we just need to beat her at her own game. | 那我们就对她以牙还牙 |
[31:37] | -We’re all set. -Good. Thing’s in position. | -我们都准备就绪了 -很好 小东西也已就位 |
[31:40] | -Wanna tell me what you two were up to? -And spoil the surprise? | -能告诉我 你俩都干了什么吗? -那不就破坏惊喜了? |
[31:43] | Speaking of surprises, your costume’s in the tent. | 说到惊喜 你的服装在帐篷里 |
[31:47] | Costume? | 服装? |
[31:49] | OMG, you look purr-fect! | 天哪 你看起来太喵美了! |
[31:52] | Only thing, where are your whiskers? | 唯一的问题是 你的胡须在哪里? |
[31:55] | Ask again, and you’ll be down to eight lives. | 再问一遍 你就只剩八条命了 |
[32:21] | Focus. | 专心点 |
[32:24] | What do we have here? | 这是谁呀? |
[32:26] | The runt of the litter. | 小弱鸡 |
[32:29] | For the record, I don’t believe I’m better than everyone else. | 跟你说清楚 我不认为自己比别人强 |
[32:33] | Just that I’m better than you. | 只是比你强 |
[32:35] | I want to welcome you all to the Edgar Allan Poe Cup. | 欢迎大家参加埃德加爱伦坡杯 |
[32:39] | This is one of Nevermore’s proudest annual traditions, | 这是奈弗莫尔学院 最引以为豪的年度传统之一 |
[32:42] | dating back 125 years. | 可以追溯到125年前 |
[32:46] | Each team must row across to Raven Island, | 每支队伍必须划船到乌鸦岛 |
[32:49] | pull a flag from Crackstone’s Crypt, | 从克莱斯通地穴中拔出一面旗子 |
[32:51] | and hustle back without sinking or being sunk. | 然后迅速返回 不可沉没或被击沉 |
[32:54] | First team to cross the finish line with their flag | 第一个带着旗子冲过终点线的队伍 将赢得奖杯 |
[32:58] | wins the cup and bragging rights for a year, | 和一年的炫耀权利 |
[32:59] | as well as some special privileges. | 以及一些特权 |
[33:02] | Let the Poe Cup begin! | 爱伦坡杯正式开始! |
[33:05] | Go! Go! Go! | 冲啊! |
[33:07] | -Move. Faster! -Come on, ladies. Let’s go! | -加油 快点! -快点 姐妹们 加油! |
[33:17] | Oh, excuse us! | 噢 请让一下 |
[33:44] | Stroke! Stroke! Stroke! | 快划! |
[34:00] | -Come on! Go! -Come on! | -快点!冲啊! -快! |
[34:15] | -Turn! Turn! -Turn! | -转弯! -转弯! |
[34:27] | Come on, man. We lost ’cause of you. | 怎么回事?我们输了都怪你 |
[34:42] | Faster! | 再快点! |
[34:48] | Thing. | 小东西 |
[35:08] | Let’s go. It’s over here. | 我们走 在这边 |
[35:18] | Stay here and make sure Bianca can’t sabotage our boat. | 待在这里 确保比安卡不会破坏我们的船 |
[35:27] | Thing, I need you to distract a couple of jokers. | 小东西 我需要你 分散那两个小丑的注意力 |
[35:42] | -What? -Come on. | -什么? -搞什么 |
[35:43] | -Go. -Let’s get it. | -走 -抓住它 |
[35:53] | Let’s go, man. | 我们快走 |
[35:54] | She’s right there. | 她过来了 |
[35:55] | Come on. | 快点 |
[35:57] | Later, Wednesday! | 一会儿见 星期三! |
[36:22] | You are the key. | 你就是密匙 |
[36:26] | Taking a catnap? | 小猫打盹呢? |
[36:39] | -Come on! -Hurry up, we have to go! | -快! -快点 我们得走了! |
[36:50] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事? |
[36:56] | See ya, jokers! | 再见了 小丑们! |
[36:59] | Cheaters! | 阴险小人! |
[37:00] | I just asked myself, “WWWD?” What Would Wednesday Do? | 我只是问了问自己: “星期三会怎么做?” |
[37:08] | The final two teams are the Gold Bugs… | 最后两支队伍是金甲虫队… |
[37:13] | …and the Black Cats. | 和黑猫队 |
[37:24] | Come on. | 加油 |
[38:14] | Gotcha! | 成功! |
[38:36] | Whoo! | 哇 |
[38:39] | Yeah, we did it! | 我们成功了! |
[38:42] | OMG, Wednesday, we did it! | 天哪 星期三 我们成功了! |
[38:44] | This is the greatest moment of my entire life. | 这是我一生中最美好的时刻 |
[38:47] | Admit it, you kinda got into the whole school spirit thing. | 承认吧 你有点爱上学校精神了 |
[38:54] | You didn’t tell me it was a dark, vengeful spirit. | 你没有告诉我是暗黑复仇的精神 |
[39:02] | The first Poe Cup took place in 1897 | 第一届爱伦坡杯于1897年举办 |
[39:07] | as a way to not only honor Nevermore’s most famous alumni, | 不仅是为了纪念 奈弗莫尔学院最著名的校友 |
[39:12] | but to celebrate those values that all outcasts share. | 也是为了庆祝 所有异类共有的宝贵之处 |
[39:16] | Community, perseverance, and determination. | 团结、坚韧和富有决心 |
[39:21] | And we certainly saw those values on display today. | 显然 我们今天都看到了 今天这些特质的展现 |
[39:27] | Yeah! | 好! |
[39:29] | Whoo! | 哇 |
[39:30] | Yeah! | 太好了! |
[39:31] | Congratulations to Ophelia Hall! | 恭喜奥菲莉亚厅! |
[39:35] | As a former resident, | 作为之前住在这里的学生 |
[39:36] | I will be happy to see the cup back on the mantle after all these years. | 我会很高兴看到奖杯 在这么多年后重新回到壁炉架上 |
[40:05] | What are you doing down here? | 你在这里做什么? |
[40:08] | Hiding. | 躲起来 |
[40:09] | People keep randomly smiling at me, it’s unsettling. | 人们总是不经意地朝我微笑 这让我很不安 |
[40:11] | It’s called having your moment. | 这叫人生得意须尽欢 |
[40:13] | You took down Bianca Barclay. Try to enjoy it. | 你打败了比安卡巴克莱 好好享受吧 |
[40:16] | The girls wanna know if you wanna hang out later. | 姐妹们想知道 你一会儿要不要一起玩? |
[40:18] | Oh, come on, it won’t kill you. | 拜托 没什么大不了的 |
[40:23] | I’ll think about it. | 我会考虑的 |
[40:28] | Yes! | 太好了! |
[40:29] | It’s good to see you fitting in. | 很高兴看到你融入进来 |
[40:32] | Just like your mother. | 像你母亲一样 |
[40:34] | My mother and I are two different people/species/everything. | 我和我母亲是两个不同的人 不同的物种 一切都大相径庭 |
[40:40] | The last time Ophelia Hall won the Poe Cup, | 上次奥菲莉亚厅赢得爱伦坡杯时 |
[40:44] | your mother captained the team. | 你母亲是队长 |
[40:48] | I was her co-pilot. | 我是她的副手 |
[40:51] | Maybe you two are more alike than you think. | 也许你们俩比你想象的更像 |
[40:58] | I’m so excited. | 我好激动 |
[40:59] | It was your job to help us win. She’s never lost. Never. | 帮助我们获胜是你的职责 她从未输过 从来没有 |
[41:08] | Nevermore continues to be an enigma. | 奈弗莫尔学院仍然是个谜 |
[41:11] | A place where the questions far outweigh the answers. | 一个问题远远多于答案的地方 |
[41:15] | But sometimes… | 但有时 |
[41:18] | the answer is staring you right in the face. | 答案就在你眼前 呼之欲出 |
[41:32] | Don’t worry, Edgar Allan. | 别担心 埃德加爱伦 |
[41:34] | I see your sanctimonious smirk. | 我看穿你虚伪的假笑了 |
[41:37] | But I will get the last laugh. | 但我会笑到最后 |
[41:41] | Your penchant for riddles was legendary. | 你对谜语的嗜好是出了名的 |
[41:44] | And this might be your cleverest yet. | 这可能是你目前为止最聪明的一次 |
[41:46] | Because it’s not a single riddle. | 因为这不是单一的谜语 |
[41:48] | Rather, each line is its own separate one. | 相反 每一行都是独立的谜语 |
[41:51] | “The opposite of moon.” Sun. | “月亮的反义词” 太阳 |
[41:54] | “A world between ours.” Nether. | “我们之间的世界” 地狱 |
[41:57] | “Two months before June.” April. | “六月的前两个月” 四月 |
[42:00] | “A self-seeding flower.” Pansy. | “自我播种的花” 三色堇 |
[42:02] | “One more than one.” Two. | “比一多一” 二 |
[42:03] | “Its leaves weep to the ground.” Willow. “It melts in the sun.” Ice. | “枝叶垂地而泣” 柳树 “在阳光下融化” 冰 |
[42:07] | “Its beginning and end never found.” Circle. | “找不到起点和终点” 圆 |
[42:09] | “Every rule has one.” Exception. | “每条规则都有一个” 例外 |
[42:22] | “The answer will give a sharp cracking sound.” | “答案咔嗒作响” |
[43:08] | Secret societies. | 秘密社团 |
[43:09] | Hidden libraries. | 隐藏的图书馆 |
[43:12] | My mother staring at me in a judgmental way. | 我妈妈用挑剔的眼神看着我 |
[43:16] | These are all things I’ve come to expect. | 这些都是我所期待的 |
[43:43] | But the minute I inch towards the truth… | 但当我一步步接近真相的时候… |
[43:46] | Luckily, I’m not afraid of the dark. | 幸好我不怕黑 |