时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:11] | Let’s assess, shall we? | 我们来评析一下 好吗? |
[00:13] | Bag over my head for optimal disorientation, | 袋子套住头 让人完全迷失方向感 |
[00:17] | wrists tied tight enough to cut off circulation, | 手腕被紧紧绑住 足以切断血液循环 |
[00:20] | and no idea if I’m going to live or die. | 全然不知我将是生是死 |
[00:24] | It’s definitely my kind of party. | 这绝对是我会乐在其中的事 |
[00:26] | Who dares breach our inner sanctum? | 是谁胆敢闯入我们的密室? |
[00:29] | You can take the mask off, Bianca. | 你可以摘下面具了 比安卡 |
[00:33] | And just like that, my hopes were dashed | 就这样 我的希望就此破灭 |
[00:35] | against the rocks of bitter disappointment. | 只剩下苦涩的失望 |
[00:37] | My foe was no psychotic killer. | 我的对手不是神经病杀手 |
[00:40] | More like a bunch of high school clowns. | 更像是一群高中生小丑 |
[00:42] | Wait, I preferred you with it on. | 算了 你们还是戴上面具吧 |
[00:44] | -How did you get down here? -Rowan showed me. | -你怎么下来的? -罗文告诉我的 |
[00:48] | Left pocket. | 左口袋 |
[00:53] | I tracked the watermark to the Poe statue. | 我追踪水印 找到了爱伦坡的雕像 |
[00:55] | -Then I solved the riddle. -Wait, there’s a riddle? | -然后我解开了谜语 -等等 还有个谜语? |
[00:58] | I thought we just snapped twice. | 我以为就是打两次响指 |
[01:00] | Well, aren’t you the brightest in the bunch? | 你可真是聪明绝顶呢 |
[01:02] | The Nightshades are an elite social club. | 夜影社是一个精英社交俱乐部 |
[01:05] | Emphasis on elite. | 重点是精英 |
[01:06] | We have roof parties, campouts, the occasional midnight skinny-dip. | 我们会举办屋顶派对、露营 偶尔半夜裸泳 |
[01:09] | And Yoko’s an amateur mixologist. | 洋子是个业余调酒师 |
[01:11] | She makes a killer virgin mojito. It can get pretty wild. | 她调的无酒精莫吉托是一绝 那可是相当够劲 |
[01:15] | Wow. Do you guys even have a bedtime? | 哇 你们是不是 还有统一的就寝时间? |
[01:18] | Last I heard, the Nightshades had been disbanded. | 据我所知 夜影社已经解散了 |
[01:21] | Yeah, the group kind of lost its charter 30 years ago after some normie kid died. | 对 30年前因为一个正常人学生死亡 这个社团就不予运行了 |
[01:25] | But we have a lot of wealthy alumni, | 但我们有很多富有的校友 |
[01:26] | so Weems looks the other way as long as nobody makes any waves. | 所以只要没人惹是生非 威姆斯就会睁一只眼闭一只眼 |
[01:30] | -Someone like Rowan? -We booted that loser last semester. | -像罗文这样的人? -我们上学期把那个废物踢出去了 |
[01:34] | Question is, what are we gonna do with her? | 问题是我们要拿她怎么办? |
[01:37] | Only members are allowed in this library. | 只有社员才能进入这个图书馆 |
[01:43] | -I say we invite her to pledge. -What? | -我建议我们邀请她宣誓入会 -什么? |
[01:47] | She is a legacy. | 她是后继者 |
[01:48] | After the crap she pulled in the Poe Cup, there’s no way in hell. | 爱伦坡杯上她那番作妖捣鬼 我们不可能让她入会 |
[01:51] | We talk about not making waves? She’s a tsunami. | 我们不是说好不惹是生非吗? 她就是个惹事精 |
[01:54] | Just because I beat you at your own game? Let me save you the trouble. | 就因为我在你的主场里打败了你? 我来帮你们省点麻烦吧 |
[01:58] | I’m not interested in joining. | 我没兴趣加入 |
[02:00] | You’re seriously turning us down? | 你真的要拒绝我们吗? |
[02:02] | Can you believe it? | 你敢相信吗? |
[02:04] | Untie her. | 给她松绑 |
[02:05] | I freed myself five minutes ago. | 五分钟前 我就自行松绑了 |
[02:12] | Do you want a matching black eye? | 你想另一只眼也被打得乌青吗? |
[02:23] | It’s amateurs like you who give kidnapping a bad name. | 就是你们这样的外行给绑架抹了黑 |
[02:47] | There were so many threads to my investigation, | 我调查之事的线索千丝万缕 |
[02:49] | I could weave a burial shroud. | 都可以织一件寿衣了 |
[02:51] | I still have no idea how Rowan mysteriously rose from the dead. | 我还是不知道罗文是怎么神秘复活的 |
[02:55] | Or why that monster is prowling the woods. | 也不知道那个怪物 为什么在树林里游荡 |
[02:58] | But right now, nothing intrigues me more than this book. | 但现在 没有什么比这本书 更让我感兴趣了 |
[03:02] | If I’m going to be responsible for Nevermore’s demise, | 如果我要为奈弗莫尔学院的消亡负责 |
[03:05] | the question is, | 那么问题是 |
[03:07] | why am I sharing this apocalypse with a pilgrim? | 为什么这末日之时不仅有我 还有一名朝圣者? |
[03:15] | at 10:00 a.m. sharp, All students will report for their volunteer jobs | 所有学生要在上午10点整 准时报到参加志愿者工作 |
[03:19] | followed by a community lunch at 1:00. | 下午1点参加社区午餐会 |
[03:22] | As you know, this year Outreach Day culminates in a very special event, | 正如你们所知 今年的外联日 将以一个非常特殊的活动落幕 |
[03:28] | the dedication of a new memorial statue in the town square, | 即在小镇广场上举行 新纪念雕像的落成典礼 |
[03:32] | which will also include performances by Nevermore students. | 其中还包括奈弗莫尔学院的学生表演 |
[03:37] | As representatives of our school, | 作为我们学校的代表 |
[03:40] | I trust you will all put your best face forward. | 我相信你们 都会展现出自己最好的一面 |
[03:43] | -Yeah. -Yes! | -对 -没错! |
[03:53] | Yes! I got Pilgrim World. | 太好了!我分到了朝圣者世界 |
[03:56] | I have natural people skills and a love of performing, | 我确实天生善于交际 还热爱表演 |
[03:58] | so it’s kind of the obvi choice. | 所以这算是不二之选了 |
[04:00] | What’d you get? | 你被分到了哪里? |
[04:02] | Uriah’s Heap, whatever that is. | 乌利亚之铺 管它是什么地方 |
[04:04] | Ew. It’s this weird, creepy antique store. | 是一家诡异、让人毛骨悚然的古董店 |
[04:08] | You’ll love it though. | 不过你会喜欢的 |
[04:10] | I’m crossing my claws Ajax and I will be outreaching together. | 我要双爪合十 祈祷和阿贾克斯一起做外联 |
[04:14] | Oh my God, I got the Weathervane. | 天哪 我被分到风向标了 |
[04:16] | Dude, trade with me. Come on, trade with me! | 喂 跟我换换 快点跟我换! |
[04:19] | Wednesday, don’t worry about your cello. | 星期三 不必担心你的大提琴 |
[04:22] | I’ll have it brought to the town square this afternoon. | 今天下午我叫人送去镇广场 |
[04:25] | My cello? | 我的大提琴? |
[04:26] | I caught your rooftop serenade the other night. | 那天晚上我听到你在屋顶上演奏夜曲 |
[04:30] | Impressive. | 十分厉害 |
[04:31] | I volunteered you to accompany the Jericho High School marching band at the ceremony. | 因此做主 让你给杰里科高中行进乐队伴奏 |
[04:37] | I’m sure it won’t be too challenging to play an uplifting Fleetwood Mac melody. | 演奏一段振奋人心的 佛利伍麦克乐队旋律一定不会太难 |
[04:42] | As long as you promise to hang me as a witch afterwards. | 只要你答应事后把我当女巫吊死 |
[05:01] | -Why are you staring at a blank wall? -It wasn’t blank last Outreach Day. | -你为什么盯着一面空白的墙? -去年外联日时 可不是空白的 |
[05:05] | Are you still stewing because I rejected your invitation? | 你还在为我拒绝你的邀请 耿耿于怀吗? |
[05:09] | I did go out on a limb for you. | 我确实为你冒了很大风险 |
[05:10] | Please. I’m just cannon fodder in whatever cold war you’re waging with Bianca. | 拜托 我只是你和比安卡冷战的炮灰 |
[05:14] | -I have more pressing issues. -Like what? | -我有更紧迫的事要做 -比如说? |
[05:17] | Tracking down the monster that killed your roommate. | 追踪杀害你室友的怪物 |
[05:19] | Oh my god. For the last time, Rowan was expelled. | 最后跟你说一次 罗文是被开除了 |
[05:21] | -Everyone saw him leave. -Have you spoken to him since? | -大家都看到他离开了 -那之后你和他说过话吗? |
[05:25] | I texted him a few times, but I never heard back. | 我给他发了几条短信 但没有回音 |
[05:27] | I just figured he wanted Nevermore in his rearview mirror. | 我猜他是想将奈弗莫尔学院的一切 都抛于脑后 |
[05:30] | Or he’s dead. | 或者他死了 |
[05:31] | I don’t know why you care. It’s not like you knew the guy. | 我搞不懂你为什么这么在乎 你跟他又不熟 |
[05:33] | I’m not sure why you care so little. | 我也搞不懂你为什么这么不在乎 |
[05:36] | People can dismiss me and make a million other excuses, but I’m not gonna stop. | 人们会敷衍我 找各种各样的借口 但我不会就此罢休 |
[05:41] | Oh, great. I guess you can add “thief” to your resume. | 真不错 我想你可以 在简历里加上“小偷”这一条了 |
[05:44] | I don’t know what the big deal is about an old Nightshade’s journal anyways. | 我真不明白 一本夜影社的旧日记 有什么大不了的 |
[05:47] | You didn’t seem surprised when I showed you this last night. | 昨晚我给你看这个的时候 你似乎并不惊讶 |
[05:50] | You’ve seen it before, haven’t you? | 你之前看到过 对吗? |
[05:52] | Yeah. A couple days before the Harvest Festival. | 对 在丰收节的前几天 |
[05:55] | It was open on Rowan’s desk. | 摊开在罗文的桌子上 |
[05:56] | I assumed he stole it after we kicked him out of the Nightshades. | 我以为是他被踢出夜影社后偷的 |
[06:00] | Then I confronted him about it, and he kind of went ballistic on me. | 然后我找他当面对质 他对我大发雷霆 |
[06:04] | -It is unbelievable– -Shut up! | -难以置信… -闭嘴! |
[06:06] | -How can you? -You’re crazy! | -你怎么这样? -你疯了! |
[06:09] | He threw you against the wall with his telekinesis. | 他用心灵遥感把你扔到了墙上 |
[06:13] | Yeah. | 对 |
[06:15] | How did you know that? | 你怎么知道? |
[06:17] | Lucky guess. | 瞎猜的 |
[06:20] | It’s weird that you’re in this. This journal is like, what, 30 years old? | 你出现在这里面很奇怪 这本日记大概有30年了吧? |
[06:24] | What’s Crackstone doing in the picture with you? | 克莱斯通 怎么会跟你同时出现在画里? |
[06:26] | You know who that is? | 你知道那是谁? |
[06:28] | Yeah, it’s Joseph Crackstone. | 他是约瑟夫克莱斯通 |
[06:29] | He’s, like, Jericho’s founding father. | 他是杰里科的创始人 |
[06:31] | He’s a big deal around here. | 镇上的大人物 |
[06:33] | Yeah, look. | 你看 |
[06:35] | That’s him. | 就是他 |
[06:47] | -Sheriff. -Yeah. | -警长 -怎么了? |
[06:48] | You remember my son, Lucas? | 你记得我儿子卢卡斯吗? |
[06:50] | I sure do. I ran into him and his buddies last week at the Weathervane. | 当然记得 上周我还在风向标 碰到了他和他的朋友 |
[06:55] | I’d better get to work. | 我得去工作了 |
[06:56] | Hey, no trouble today. You got it? | 嘿 今天不许惹麻烦 知道吗? |
[07:04] | Hey, don’t look too excited. | 对 别太喜形于色 |
[07:06] | Those outcast kids might think we’re happy to have ’em. | 那些异类孩子可能会觉得 我们很欢迎他们过来 |
[07:09] | We got something lurking in the woods, connected to that school. | 树林里潜伏着和那学院有关的东西 |
[07:12] | Come on, would you stop pointing fingers at Nevermore? | 拜托 你能不能 别再指责奈弗莫尔学院了? |
[07:15] | You know how much Jericho depends on that place. | 你知道杰里科有多依赖那地方 |
[07:17] | Who do you think pays for our roads, our parks… even your salary? | 你以为是谁在为我们道路和公园建设 甚至还有你的工资买单? |
[07:21] | I’m just doing my job, looking out for the well-being of our town, boss. | 我只是尽职尽责而已 保护我们镇的安宁 老大 |
[07:25] | Don’t lecture me, Donovan. | 别跟我说教 多诺万 |
[07:27] | Before the good citizens of Jericho elected me mayor, | 杰里科淳朴的市民选我当镇长之前 |
[07:29] | I used to wear that badge, remember? | 我就在你现在的位置上 记得吗? |
[07:33] | Mm-hmm. You never struck me as much of a history buff back then. | 那时候我可不觉得你是个历史迷 |
[07:35] | If it’s good for business, then it’s good for Jericho. | 如果这对生意有好处 那就对杰里科有好处 |
[07:38] | Especially if your business is Pilgrim World. | 特别是如果你的生意是朝圣者世界 |
[07:40] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[07:42] | Just find the damn bear and take care of it. | 赶紧找到那头该死的熊 然后处理掉 |
[07:47] | Mmm. | |
[07:48] | All right. Everyone take a seat. | 好了 各位请坐 |
[07:50] | We have a special announcement. | 我们即将发表特别声明 |
[07:55] | Welcome, welcome, Nevermore Academy. | 欢迎奈弗莫尔学院的各位 |
[07:57] | Now, on behalf of the entire Jericho community, | 我代表整个杰里科社区 |
[08:01] | we are so, so pleased to have you all here today. | 非常高兴看到今天大家能够来到这里 |
[08:04] | Your generosity and hard work are truly… outreachous! | 你们的慷慨和辛勤真是令人…震惊! |
[08:11] | Okay, everyone. We’ll see you back here at one o’clock for lunch. Enjoy! | 好了各位 我们1点午餐时间在这里见 好好享受吧! |
[08:23] | Enid. | 伊妮德 |
[08:25] | Switch volunteer assignments. | 和我交换志愿者任务 |
[08:27] | What? No. Uriah’s Heap is definitely not my bag. | 什么?不要 乌利亚之铺绝对不是我的菜 |
[08:30] | It’s an emergency. I need to check out Pilgrim World. | 事出紧急 我要去调查朝圣者世界 |
[08:33] | But Wednesday, this is not a fair trade. | 但星期三 这不公平 |
[08:35] | Why would I agree to spend the entire day at some dumpy emporium of crapola? | 我为什么要同意 在一个破杂货铺里待一天? |
[08:39] | Because Ajax is volunteering there. | 因为阿贾克斯要在那里当志愿者 |
[08:41] | Thing sneaked a peek at his assignment. | 小东西偷看到了他的任务分派 |
[08:43] | -But if you’re not interested– -No! | -但要是你不感兴趣… -不! |
[08:45] | Oh my God, thank you. You’re the best! | 天哪 谢谢你 你最棒了! |
[09:06] | Welcome to Pilgrim World! | 欢迎来到朝圣者世界! |
[09:09] | Witch trials every day! | 每日进行女巫审判! |
[09:12] | Two o’clock, four o’clock! | 2点和4点! |
[09:14] | Hey, man! Woman! | 嘿 伙计!姑娘! |
[09:22] | Hey, Wednesday, want to grab a Hummers group photo? | 嘿 星期三 想来张悍马蜂社团合照吗? |
[09:26] | Guess not. | 看来不想 |
[09:28] | Good morrow, my young Nevermore kin. | 上午“豪” 我年轻的奈弗莫尔家人们 |
[09:32] | I am Mistress Arlene. A real OC. | 我是阿琳夫人 真正的元老级大佬 |
[09:37] | Original colonist. | 初代殖民者 |
[09:38] | Now prithee, put your cell phones on vibrate and make haste, | 现在拜请各位 迅速将手机调成震动模式 |
[09:43] | for you are about to travel back in time to the year of our Lord 1625, | 因为你们即将穿越回基督纪年1625年 |
[09:49] | to Jericho’s first pilgrim settlement. | 回到杰里科的第一个朝圣者定居点 |
[09:59] | Yonder. | 那里 |
[10:00] | Behold, the meeting house. | 请看 集会所 |
[10:02] | Inside is a collection of artifacts | 里面收藏着一些 |
[10:05] | related to Jericho’s most beloved and pious founder, | 杰里科最受爱戴和虔诚的创始人 |
[10:09] | Joseph Crackstone. | 约瑟夫克莱斯通的相关物品 |
[10:11] | And beyond is our privy, America’s first gender-neutral restroom. | 那边是我们的厕所 美国第一个不分性别的洗手间 |
[10:15] | I haveth a query. | 我有一个疑问 |
[10:17] | Pray, be quick, child. | 请快说 孩子 |
[10:18] | In the meeting house, | 集会所的展品中 |
[10:20] | which of Joseph Crackstone’s artifacts are on display? | 哪些属于约瑟夫克莱斯通? |
[10:22] | It is truly a treasure trove, | 这里堪称宝库 |
[10:24] | including original farm tools, tableware, even the Crackstone family chamber pot. | 包括原始的农具、餐具 甚至还有克莱斯通家族的夜壶! |
[10:29] | Sounds fascinating. I volunteer to work in there. | 听起来很不错 我想去那里工作 |
[10:32] | Pray, no. That exhibit is being renovated. | 不可 那个展厅正在翻新 |
[10:35] | Today, thou will all be working at the beating heart of Pilgrim World. | 今天你们将在 朝圣者世界的核心区工作 |
[10:41] | Ye olde fudgery! | (耶奥德老式软糖 源自1955年) |
[10:44] | “Ye Olde Fudgery?” | “耶奥德老式软糖?” |
[10:46] | More like ye olde diabetes in a box. | 更像是装到盒子里的糖尿病始祖 |
[10:48] | Volunteers, prick up thine ears. | 志愿者们 仔细听好 |
[10:51] | Fudge is the lifeblood of our humble community. | 软糖是我们微小社区的命脉 |
[10:55] | And samples equal sales, | 试吃就是商机 |
[10:57] | so grab a uniform and a box and make our forefathers proud. | 所以 拿套制服和一盒软糖 为我们的先祖争光吧 |
[11:03] | Are these for muzzling tourists? | 这是用来给游客上口套的吗? |
[11:16] | -I’m pretty sure it’s dead. | 这肯定是死的 |
[11:18] | See the tire treads across its tail? | 看到它尾巴上的轮胎印了吗? |
[11:21] | Local artist scooped that fella up right here on Route 22. | 本地艺术家在22号公路上 发现了这个家伙 |
[11:24] | You’re telling me someone actually goes out and collects roadkill | 你是说真的有人 出去收集死在路上的动物 |
[11:27] | and turns them into that? | 然后制成标本? |
[11:29] | Can’t keep them on the shelves. | 很畅销的 |
[11:31] | Got a whole section dedicated to these beauties. | 我专门有一个区域摆放这些好物 |
[11:33] | Squirrels, skunks, snakes, | 松鼠、臭鼬、蛇 |
[11:35] | and my personal fave… | 还有我的个人最爱 |
[11:39] | family of ferrets at a clambake. | 烘烤蛤蜊的白鼬家族 |
[11:42] | Too cute. | 太可爱了 |
[11:42] | You two want to make yourself useful? | 你们两个想让自己有点用处吗? |
[11:45] | I reckon they could use a good brush with a Tangle Teezer. | 用这把好梳子给它们梳梳毛 |
[11:48] | It freshens up the fur. | 让皮毛柔顺亮丽 |
[11:51] | Maybe we can do that after, like, a… | 也许我们可以… |
[11:53] | An extended coffee break. | 喝杯咖啡休息一下再干 |
[11:55] | Right, Ajax? | 对吧 阿贾克斯? |
[11:58] | Uh, yeah. We’ll hit the Weathervane. Want us to pick you up something? | 对 我们要去风向标 用给你带点什么吗? |
[12:03] | No need to pay for that overpriced hipster swill. | 没必要为标价过高的热门泔水浪费钱 |
[12:06] | I’m brewing chaga. | 我在泡煮白桦茸茶 |
[12:09] | It’s my own blend. | 是我自己调配的 |
[12:11] | Mushroom tea. | 蘑菇茶 |
[12:13] | I foraged the little buggers myself. | 我自己觅得的小宝贝 |
[12:15] | Better get teasing. You’re in for a treat. | 快点开始梳理吧 你们一定会乐在其中 |
[12:23] | Okay. | 好的 |
[12:24] | This is good. | 真不错 |
[12:25] | -Delicious. -You’re welcome. | -好吃 -不客气 |
[12:26] | Enjoy your “authentic” pilgrim fudge made with cacao beans | 来尝尝“正宗”的朝圣者软糖吧 |
[12:30] | procured by the oppressed indigenous people of the Amazon. | 由受压迫的亚马逊原住民 采购的可可豆制成 |
[12:33] | What? | 什么? |
[12:34] | All proceeds go to uphold this pathetic whitewashing of American history. | 所有收益都用来维持 经过粉饰的可悲美国史 |
[12:41] | Also, fudge wasn’t invented for another 258 years. | 另外 软糖还有258年才被发明出来 |
[12:46] | Any takers? | 有人想尝尝吗? |
[12:48] | No, no, no. | 算了 |
[13:01] | Ugh. | |
[13:09] | Check out this greedy little freak. | 看看这个贪吃的小怪胎 |
[13:11] | Please, I need to get back to the… | 别这样 我得回… |
[13:20] | Whoa, yuck! | 哇,糟了! |
[13:21] | Yuck, man. | 真恶心 |
[13:23] | Come here! | 过来! |
[13:26] | Get in there! | 进去! |
[13:28] | Howdy, Pilgrims. | 你们好啊 朝圣者们 |
[13:33] | -Let him go. -You want to end up in the stocks too? | -放开他 -你也想被关进去吗? |
[13:36] | Remember what happened the last time we did this dance? | 还记得我们上次交手的结果吗? |
[13:46] | Get her! | 收拾她! |
[13:58] | Are you two still here? | 你们俩还不走? |
[13:59] | I can’t get into more trouble with my dad. | 我不能再惹我爸生气了 |
[14:03] | No, wait! | 不 等等! |
[14:05] | Lucas. | 卢卡斯 |
[14:08] | Let’s get you cleaned up. | 我帮你清理一下 |
[14:15] | Principal Weems. | 威姆斯校长 |
[14:16] | Well, it looks like another successful Outreach Day is upon us. | 看来这次的外联日办得也很成功 |
[14:22] | And, uh… | 而且 |
[14:23] | thank you for your generous donation to my re-election campaign. | 谢谢你对我连任竞选的慷慨捐助 |
[14:29] | Consider it a token of our ongoing cooperation. | 就当是为我们正在进行的合作 略表心意吧 |
[14:36] | Apparently everyone is off to their assignments. | 显然大家都已经到岗位上了 |
[14:39] | And so far no incidents. | 目前为止 还没有发生意外 |
[14:41] | Mayor Walker, I’d like you to meet Marilyn Thornhill. | 沃克镇长 这位是玛丽莲桑希尔 |
[14:45] | In the spirit of outreach, she’s Nevermore’s first normie teacher. | 本着外联精神 她是奈弗莫尔学院第一位正常人老师 |
[14:50] | Well, the pleasure is all mine. | 很荣幸认识你 |
[14:53] | Hey, have we, uh… Have we met before? | 嘿 我们以前见过吗? |
[14:56] | Not officially, but I see you in here every morning. | 没有正式见过 但我每天早上都在这里看到你 |
[14:59] | You’re always tucked into that back booth when I come for my daily matcha latte. | 我每天来喝抹茶拿铁的时候 你都坐在后面的卡座里 |
[15:03] | I knew it! | 我就知道! |
[15:04] | Miss Thornhill, please keep me posted, | 桑希尔小姐 请随时向我汇报情况 |
[15:06] | especially about a certain pig-tailed upstart. | 尤其是某位梳着马尾辫的年轻新秀 |
[15:11] | Right. | 好 |
[15:18] | Nobody’s ever stood up for me before. | 从来没有人站出来维护我 |
[15:21] | You said Hummers stick together. | 你说过悍马蜂社要团结一致 |
[15:22] | I know this might come as a shock, | 我知道这可能会让你感到震惊 |
[15:25] | but I don’t have any friends. | 但我没有任何朋友 |
[15:31] | You remind me of my brother, | 你让我想起了我弟弟 |
[15:33] | sans the desire to strangle him every waking moment. | 除了每时每刻都想掐死他的感觉 |
[15:38] | Now follow me. | 跟我来 |
[15:39] | I need to know more about this Crackstone. | 我需要深入了解一下这个克莱斯通 |
[15:42] | We have a meeting house to break into. | 我们要闯入集会所看看 |
[15:49] | -Give me your retainer. -What? Why? Your teeth are really good. | -把牙套给我 -什么? |
[15:52] | Not as straight or white as Enid’s, but– | 没伊妮德的那么齐 也没那么白 但也不错 |
[15:54] | Hand it over! | 拿出来! |
[15:57] | What if Mistress Arlene catches us? | 如果阿琳夫人抓到我们怎么办? |
[15:59] | Hive code, deny everything. | 蜂巢信条 否认一切 |
[16:01] | That’s not hive code! | 那不是蜂巢信条! |
[16:03] | What’s the big deal anyway? | 不过干嘛非要进去? |
[16:04] | The fudge is definitely the best thing about this place. | 软糖绝对是这里最棒的东西 |
[16:07] | Stop talking. Keep watch. | 闭嘴 留下望风 |
[16:18] | My grandmother once told me secrets are like zombies… | 我祖母曾告诉我 秘密就像僵尸… |
[16:23] | they never truly die. | 永远不会真正消亡 |
[16:27] | I’m not sure what secret Crackstone is hiding, | 我不知道克莱斯通藏着什么秘密 |
[16:30] | but I have a strange feeling the answers to my future lie in the past. | 但我有一种奇怪的感觉 我未来的答案就在过去 |
[16:41] | The Old Meeting House, 1625. | “旧集会所 1625年” |
[16:55] | Thing, this is the girl from my vision. | 小东西 这就是我在幻象里 看到的女孩 |
[16:58] | She’s even holding the same book. | 她还拿着同一本书 |
[17:01] | That black one she had outside Crackstone’s crypt. | 在克莱斯通地穴外 她拿着的那本黑皮书 |
[17:11] | How now. | 日安 |
[17:12] | Your Nevermore sister, the one with the dark eyes and the sour face。 | 你那个乌黑双眸、愁眉苦脸的 奈弗莫尔学院姐妹 |
[17:16] | where has she hithered? | 躲哪里去了? |
[17:17] | You mean Wednesday Addams? | 你是说星期三亚当斯? |
[17:19] | Knowing her, she’s hithered somewhere she shan’t be. | 以我对她的了解 她会躲在自己不该出现的地方 |
[17:32] | This is the book! | 就是这本书! |
[17:38] | Codex Umbrarum. | “《安布拉法典》” |
[17:40] | That’s Latin for “Book of Shadows.” | 是拉丁语 意思是《暗影之书》 |
[17:45] | Great. It’s a fake. | 太好了 是本假货 |
[17:50] | I don’t know who Etsy is, but I doubt she was an outcast settler. | 我不知道艾特西是谁 但我怀疑她是个被驱逐的殖民者 |
[17:55] | Just what the fudge are you doing in here, missy? | 你到底在这里干什么 小姐? |
[17:58] | Mistress Arlene. How now? | 阿琳夫人 日安 |
[18:00] | How now, indeed. | 是啊 日安 |
[18:01] | I proclaimed the meeting house is under repair. | 我说过集会所正在翻新 |
[18:04] | I know thoust heard me. | 我知道你听到了 |
[18:06] | I told her the door was unlocked | 我告诉她门没锁 |
[18:08] | and you were dying to learn more about Crackstone. | 以及你想进一步了解克莱斯通 |
[18:10] | Yes, and this display case was already open. | 是的 而且这个展示柜 本来就是打开的 |
[18:14] | -That book’s a replica. -You don’t say. | -那本书是仿制品 -这还用说嘛 |
[18:16] | The original was stolen last month during the two o’clock witch trial. | 原件在上个月2点女巫审判时被偷了 |
[18:19] | It was probably the only authentic thing you have in here, | 那本书可能是你们这里唯一的真品 |
[18:22] | yet you still charge $29.95 a ticket? | 就这还收29.95美元一张票? |
[18:24] | Hold thy tongue. | 闭嘴 |
[18:27] | I’m reassigning you both. | 我要重新分配你们两个 |
[18:28] | To fudge-churning duty. | 去做搅软糖的工作 |
[18:31] | The original meeting house, the one in that painting, where is it? | 那幅画中原来的集会所在哪里? |
[18:37] | How the hell should I know? | 我怎么知道? |
[18:38] | I only moved here from Scottsdale in April. | 我四月份才从斯科茨代尔搬来 |
[18:52] | Can I help you? | 有什么需要吗? |
[19:07] | Ooh. That gives me the heebie-jeebies. | 真是让我毛骨悚然 |
[19:09] | I don’t know. | 我说不好 |
[19:11] | You think squirrels and rats could ever work out? | 你觉得松鼠和老鼠会有结果吗? |
[19:14] | I mean, they’re two totally different species. | 它们是两个完全不同的物种 |
[19:18] | Oh, yeah. | 可以啊 |
[19:19] | I mean, totally. | 当然了 |
[19:21] | Why not? | 为什么不呢? |
[19:22] | They have more in common than you think. | 它们俩的共同点比你想象的要多 |
[19:24] | Most people are scared of them, so it would just be us… them… | 大多数人都害怕它们 所以就是我们…它们… |
[19:28] | against the world. | 一起对抗整个世界 |
[19:30] | Wow. | |
[19:31] | That was… deep. | 还挺…深刻的 |
[19:35] | You know, by the way, | 对了 你知道吗? |
[19:36] | I totally dug the way you scratched out the bottom of our boat at Poe Cup. | 我很欣赏在爱伦坡杯上 你划破我们船底的表现 |
[19:40] | It was pretty badass. | 挺厉害的 |
[19:42] | Thanks. You’re not mad you lost? | 谢谢 你输了不生气吗? |
[19:45] | I was just doing a solid for Xavier. | 我只是在帮泽维尔 |
[19:47] | I mean, he’s my boy, but he’s super competitive. | 他是我兄弟 但他好胜心超级强 |
[19:49] | Seems so laid-back. | 他看起来与世无争的样子 |
[19:51] | Bro’s got a darker side most people don’t see. | 大多数人都看不到我兄弟的阴暗面 |
[19:54] | I think it’s because his dad is… well, you know, famous. | 我觉得是因为他父亲…很有名 |
[19:58] | All that pressure. | 压力太大 |
[20:00] | You realize this is, like, the longest conversation we’ve ever had? | 你知道这是我们聊过最久的一次吗? |
[20:07] | Gorgons are taught not to engage. | 戈耳工人被教导不与人交往 |
[20:11] | You know, I don’t want to accidentally stone someone. | 我不想不小心把某人变成石头 |
[20:17] | I’m not afraid of being stoned by you. | 我不怕被你变成石头 |
[20:19] | It’s just temporary. | 只是暂时的 |
[20:21] | Really? | 真的吗? |
[20:24] | You mean that? | 你认真的吗? |
[20:25] | One hundo! | 当然了! |
[20:28] | So, um, I was thinking of sneaking behind the greenhouse tonight. | 我想今晚偷偷溜到温室后面 |
[20:31] | Supposed to be a blue moon. | 今晚应该是蓝月 |
[20:33] | Only happens once every 23 years or something crazy. | 每23年或者发生异事时才会出现 |
[20:36] | Should get a killer view from there. | 那里的景色应该超级美 |
[20:39] | Cool. Hey, have fun. | 挺好 祝你玩得开心 |
[20:42] | You know that’s where a lot of kids go to hook up, right? | 你知道那是很多学生 去亲热的地方 对吧? |
[20:45] | -I mean, it could get awkward. -Ajax! | -场面会很尴尬 -阿贾克斯! |
[20:47] | I just spent all morning flirting and hinting and trying to act cute | 我整个早上 都在一边擦死在路边的动物 |
[20:51] | while brushing some roadkill just so you would ask me on a date. | 一边对你调情暗示装可爱 就为了你能邀我约会 |
[20:55] | Oh! | |
[20:58] | Oh! That’s what you were doing. | 原来你是为了这个 |
[21:00] | I kind of wondered when you spent so long brushing that opossum’s tail. | 你梳了那么久负鼠尾巴 我还挺奇怪的 |
[21:06] | Hey, so you want to meet up behind the greenhouse tonight? | 所以今晚你想在温室后面见吗? |
[21:09] | Yes. | 对 |
[21:11] | Yes, I do. | 对 我想 |
[21:13] | Ajax, can you help me move the badger dentist to the front window? | 嘿 阿贾克斯 你能帮我把獾牙医移到前窗吗? |
[21:18] | Yes! I can’t believe he asked. | 太好了! |
[21:28] | I thought you were supposed to be at Pilgrim World. | 你不是应该在朝圣者世界吗? |
[21:31] | I deserted it while my sanity was still intact. | 我趁神志还清醒的时候就离开了 |
[21:33] | Oh yeah? | 是吗? |
[21:35] | You want a coffee? | 你想喝杯咖啡吗? |
[21:36] | It’s one of the many perks of this wonderful assignment. | 这是这一美妙任务的诸多好处之一 |
[21:39] | I’m actually here for Tyler. | 我来找泰勒 |
[21:43] | I told you he was bad news. | -我告诉过你 他不是什么好人 |
[21:44] | Twice. | -说过两次 |
[21:46] | But who I speak to is my business. | 但我跟谁说话 是我自己的事 |
[21:53] | You rang? | 你找我? |
[21:59] | Want the usual? | 还是老样子吗? |
[22:00] | And some help. | 还需要一些帮助 |
[22:02] | You know the original pilgrim meeting house, the one from the 1600s? | 你知道最初的朝圣者集会所吗? 17世纪的那个? |
[22:07] | You know if it’s still around? | 集会所是否还在? |
[22:08] | What’s left is out in Cobham Woods, but it’s pretty much a ruin. | 它的遗址在科巴姆森林里 但现在差不多已成废墟 |
[22:12] | Show me. | 指给我看 |
[22:15] | Uh… | |
[22:16] | There, but, look, it’s kind of sketchy. | 这里 但不是什么好地方 |
[22:20] | Squatters and meth heads use that place as a crash pad. | 流浪汉和瘾君子把这里当作临时住所 |
[22:22] | My dad has it cleared out every couple weeks. | 我爸每隔几周就会清理一次 |
[22:24] | What’s this about? | 你问这个干什么? |
[22:26] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[22:29] | You’re becoming obsessed with this monster in the woods thing. | 你对树林里的怪物越来越着迷了 |
[22:31] | Would you rather I develop an obsession with horses and boy bands? | 难道你希望我对 马和男孩乐队着迷吗? |
[22:35] | Thank you for the help. | 谢谢你的帮助 |
[22:38] | Hey, listen, the ruins are kind of tricky to find. | 嘿 听着 那片遗址不好找 |
[22:41] | I could take you this afternoon. My shift ends at 2:00. | 我今天下午可以带你去 我2点下班 |
[22:44] | Principal Weems would hang, draw and quarter me | 如果我错过大型雕像落成典礼 |
[22:46] | if I miss the big statue dedication. | 威姆斯校长会把我处以绞刑 五马分尸 |
[22:48] | And as enticing as that sounds, I’d prefer to keep a low profile. | 虽然听起来很诱人 但我还是想保持低调 |
[22:51] | Besides, I know my way around the great outdoors. | 而且 我对大自然了如指掌 |
[22:54] | Don’t tell me you were a Girl Scout. | 别告诉我你以前是女童子军 |
[22:56] | I could eat Girl Scouts for breakfast. | 我可以把女童子军当早餐吃 |
[22:59] | I have an uncle who went to prison for that. | 我有个叔叔为此进了监狱 |
[23:33] | I was expecting more too. | 我也期望过高了 |
[23:37] | Who you talking to, little girl? | 你在跟谁说话 小姑娘? |
[23:41] | Use “little” and “girl” to address me again | 再用“小”和“女孩”称呼我 |
[23:44] | and I can’t guarantee your safety. | 我就不能保证你的安全了 |
[23:45] | This is my place. Get out! | 这是我的地盘 滚出去! |
[23:48] | Thing, a hand here? | 小东西 过来帮把手? |
[23:56] | Hey! | 嘿! |
[24:04] | Hey! | 嘿! |
[24:06] | Get off! Get off me! | 滚开!放开我! |
[24:14] | There’s nothing here. | 这里什么都没有 |
[24:19] | No, I can’t just touch something. | 不 我不能随便乱摸 |
[24:21] | My visions seem to happen spontaneously. | 我的幻象似乎是自发发生的 |
[24:26] | I would rather dye my hair pink than ask my mother for advice. | 我宁愿把头发染成粉红色 也不要向我母亲寻求建议 |
[24:31] | Oh, you want me to prove it to you? | 你想让我证明给你看吗? |
[24:34] | No. | 没有 |
[24:39] | Nothing. | 什么都没有 |
[24:41] | Ah, I bet this will give us some real insight. | 这东西肯定能给我们 一些实实在在的启示 |
[24:49] | My visions are about as predictable as shark attacks. | 预测我的幻象就像预测鲨鱼袭击一样 |
[25:02] | Burn her! | 烧死她! |
[25:04] | Burn her! | 烧死她! |
[25:05] | Burn her! | -烧死她! -烧死她! |
[25:07] | Burn her! | 烧死她! |
[25:08] | Devil spawn! | 恶魔现世! |
[25:12] | Devil spawn! | 恶魔现世! |
[25:15] | Beast! | 怪兽! |
[25:18] | Witch! | 女巫! |
[25:21] | Repent! | 忏悔吧! |
[25:25] | Begone! | 滚! |
[25:26] | -Witch! -Stand aside! | -女巫! -让开! |
[25:30] | Goody Addams! | 古迪亚当斯! |
[25:33] | You have been judged before God and found guilty. | 你已经在上帝面前受到审判 被判有罪 |
[25:37] | You are a witch, | 你是女巫 |
[25:39] | a sorceress, | 巫婆 |
[25:41] | Lucifer’s mistress herself. | 路西法之情人降世 |
[25:44] | For your sins, | 你罪孽深重 |
[25:46] | you will burn this night, | 所以将在今晚被烧死 |
[25:48] | and suffer the flames of eternal hellfire. | 并承受永恒的地狱之火 |
[25:51] | I am innocent. | 我是无辜的 |
[25:53] | It is you, Joseph Crackstone, that should be tried. | 应该接受审判的是你 约瑟夫克莱斯通 |
[25:56] | We were here before you, | 我们比你先来这里 |
[25:58] | living in harmony with nature and the native folk. | 与大自然和当地居民和谐相处 |
[26:01] | But you have stolen our land. | 但你偷走了我们的土地 |
[26:03] | You have slaughtered the innocent. You have robbed us of our peaceful spirit. | 屠杀无辜之人 背弃我们的和平精神 |
[26:08] | You are the true monster. All of you! | 你才是真正的恶魔 你们所有人! |
[26:15] | Punish her! | 惩罚她! |
[26:18] | The Devil ne’er sent such a demon. | 魔鬼从未派出过如此可怕的恶魔 |
[26:22] | And I will send you back! | 我将把你送回地狱! |
[26:25] | No! | 不要! |
[26:34] | You are abominations in the Devil’s grip! | 你们是被魔鬼控制的可憎之人! |
[26:38] | I will not stop till I have expunged this New World | 不清除这个新世界上的每一个异类 |
[26:41] | of every outcast. | 我将誓不罢休 |
[26:43] | Godless creatures! | 上帝摒弃之人! |
[27:02] | Set it ablaze! | 放火! |
[27:20] | Mother! | 母亲! |
[27:22] | Mother. | 母亲 |
[27:28] | There’s no time, child. | 没时间了 孩子 |
[27:31] | Leave me. Save yourself. | 别管我 你自己跑吧 |
[27:33] | He’s chained us all to the floor. | 他把我们都锁在地上了 |
[27:42] | I shan’t leave without you. | 我不会丢下你的 |
[27:45] | Run. Avenge us. | 快跑 为我们报仇 |
[27:47] | Find the others and save our future. | 找到其他族人 拯救我们的未来 |
[27:51] | Please. My sweet lamb. | 听话 我亲爱的小羊羔 |
[27:53] | Run. Run as fast as you can. | 快跑 能跑多快跑多快 |
[27:56] | You are our only hope. | 你是我们唯一的希望 |
[28:33] | He won’t stop until he’s killed us all! | 他不把我们赶尽杀绝是不会罢休的! |
[28:37] | He’s here. | 他来了 |
[28:41] | There will be no escape for you. | 你是逃不掉的 |
[28:48] | Thing, I saw her! | 小东西 我看到她了! |
[28:49] | The girl from my visions. | 我幻象中的那个女孩 |
[28:52] | Her name is Goody Addams, | 她叫古迪亚当斯 |
[28:54] | and I believe she’s my ancestor from 400 years ago. | 她应该是我四百年前的祖先 |
[29:15] | Must’ve been the bearded man from earlier. | 一定是刚才那个大胡子 |
[29:24] | Come on! Come on! | 快走! |
[29:45] | The monster’s human. | 那怪物是人类 |
[29:48] | What the hell are you doing? | 你到底在干什么? |
[29:51] | -I was following the monster. -You saw it? | -我在跟踪怪物 -你看到了吗? |
[29:54] | It’s here? Do you have a death wish or something? | 在这里?你是想找死吗? |
[29:57] | What are you doing here? | 你到底来这里干什么? |
[29:58] | I overheard you say you were checking out the old meeting house. | 我听到你要查旧集会厅 |
[30:01] | It’s lucky I showed up when I did. | 幸好我及时出现了 |
[30:03] | I did learn one thing. | 我确实发现一件事 |
[30:05] | The monster is human. | 那怪物是人类 |
[30:07] | Its tracks turned from monster prints to human ones. | 它的足迹从怪物的脚印 变成了人类的脚印 |
[30:10] | Show me. | 让我看看 |
[30:18] | The rain washed them all away. | 都被雨水冲刷掉了 |
[30:22] | I know what I saw. | 我知道自己看到了什么 |
[30:23] | -I’m trying to keep an open mind. -How big of you. | -我在努力保持开放的心态 -那你真棒 |
[30:26] | I do think you might be right about Rowan. | 我确实觉得 你对罗文的看法也许是对的 |
[30:29] | -Why the sudden change of heart? | 为什么突然改变想法了? |
[30:31] | I texted him again today. | 我今天又给他发短信了 |
[30:32] | I said maybe we could meet over spring break and go snowboarding like we did last year. | 我说也许我们可以像去年一样 春假一起去滑雪 |
[30:38] | This time he texted right back, said he wouldn’t be able to make it. | 这次他马上回了短信 说去不了 |
[30:41] | Only you never went snowboarding last year. | 只是你们去年没有去滑雪 |
[30:45] | Part of me wanted to blame his recent weirdness. | 我心中总想把这一切 归结为他最近的怪异行为 |
[30:48] | I didn’t want to think something bad had happened. | 我不想认为发生了什么不好的事 |
[30:50] | The cover-up is always worse than the crime. | 掩盖真相总是比犯罪更可怕 |
[30:52] | Now I need you to be honest with me. | 现在我要你对我说实话 |
[30:55] | Why’d you come out to the old meeting house in the first place? | 你为什么要去旧集会厅? |
[30:58] | I was trying to learn more about Crackstone. | 我想了解更多关于克莱斯通的情况 |
[31:01] | Figure out how he’s connected to this. | 搞清楚他和这一切有什么关系 |
[31:04] | Yeah, you were trying to use your psychic abilities, right? | 你是想用自己的通灵能力 对吧? |
[31:07] | What makes you think I have any? | 你为什么觉得我有这能力? |
[31:10] | Lucky guess. When did they start? | 瞎猜的 什么时候开始的? |
[31:13] | About a year ago. | 大概一年前 |
[31:16] | When they happen, it feels like I’m touching live wire. | 幻象发生时 我感觉就像在触摸通电的电线 |
[31:20] | I usually enjoy that sensation. | 我一般很享受这种感觉 |
[31:23] | Yeah, but you can’t control it and that freaks you out. | 是 但你无法控制它 所以很害怕 |
[31:26] | My dad’s a psychic. | 我爸爸就是灵媒 |
[31:28] | Vincent Thorpe. | 文森特索普 |
[31:29] | My brother’s his number one fan. | 我弟弟是他的头号粉丝 |
[31:31] | Watched his Vegas Special so many times | 看了无数次他的拉斯维加斯特辑 |
[31:33] | I’m surprised it’s not imprinted on his eyeballs. | 我都惊讶那没有印在他的眼球上 |
[31:37] | So I’ve lived with a self-described master. | 所以我和这个自称是大师的人 生活在一起 |
[31:39] | The first thing he’ll tell you is that visions can’t be trusted. | 他一定会首先告诉你 不能相信幻视 |
[31:42] | They only show one part of the picture. | 幻视只能展示局部 |
[31:44] | I saw Joseph Crackstone in front of me as clearly as I’m seeing you now. | 我看到约瑟夫克莱斯通站在我面前 跟我现在看到你一样真实 |
[31:48] | He gathered all the outcasts in the meeting house | 他把所有异类聚集在集会厅里 |
[31:50] | and burned them alive. | 把他们活活烧死 |
[31:52] | Okay, he was a sadistic asshole. | 好 他是个混蛋虐待狂 |
[31:54] | It was 400 years ago. It’s got nothing to do with now. | 那是400年前的事了 跟现在没有任何关系 |
[31:57] | But what if it does? | 但如果有关系呢? |
[31:59] | You saw Rowan’s drawing. Crackstone was standing in the quad. | 你看到罗文的画了 克莱斯通就站在四方院里 |
[32:02] | You’re creating a story in your head and using visions to back it up. | 你在脑子里编了个故事 然后用幻象做支撑 |
[32:06] | -They’re telling you what you want to see. -Are you mansplaining my power? | -幻象只会告诉你 你想看到的东西 -你是在解释我的能力吗? |
[32:10] | All I’m saying is my dad, the expert, | 我只是想说 我的专家老爸 |
[32:12] | would warn you that psychic ability isn’t rooted in logic. | 会警告你通灵能力并不植根于逻辑 |
[32:16] | It’s triggered by emotions. | 而是由情感触发 |
[32:19] | And let’s be honest, emotion isn’t your strong suit. | 说实话 情感不是你的强项 |
[32:25] | I believe Rowan was right. | 我认为罗文是对的 |
[32:28] | Something bad is going to happen, and I need to stop it. | 不幸之事即将降临 我要阻止这一切 |
[32:31] | Starting with that monster. | 就从那个怪物开始 |
[32:34] | Whoever it is. | 不管那是谁 |
[32:44] | I thought nothing scared me, | 我以为没有什么能让我害怕 |
[32:46] | but that was before I stared into the eyes of Joseph Crackstone. | 但直视约瑟夫克莱斯通的双眼后 我不这么想了 |
[32:53] | I don’t believe in heaven or hell. But I do believe in revenge. | 我不相信有天堂或地狱 但我相信复仇 |
[32:58] | I usually serve it warm with a side of pain, | 我通常喜欢即刻报仇 |
[33:01] | but I’ve never faced an adversary cast in bronze. | 但我从来没有面对过铜铸的对手 |
[33:20] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[33:21] | It is my honor to celebrate our town’s history | 我很荣幸在此纪念我镇历史名人 |
[33:25] | and Jericho’s noble forefather, Joseph Crackstone. | 杰里科的崇高先辈 约瑟夫克莱斯通 |
[33:30] | Now, he believed that with a happy heart and an open ear, | 他相信 只要怀有快乐之心 广谋从众 |
[33:33] | there was nothing our town couldn’t achieve. | 就没有什么我们小镇做不到的事 |
[33:36] | So together as one, our community and our friends at Nevermore Academy, | 所以我们社区 与奈弗莫尔学院的朋友们团结一致 |
[33:43] | we’ve built a monument to celebrate his memory. | 共同为他建立了一座纪念碑 |
[33:46] | Now, may the spirit of Joseph Crackstone be memorialized for eternity. | 愿约瑟夫克莱斯通的精神万古流芳 |
[35:43] | That was a disaster. | 真是场灾难 |
[35:44] | The mayor is furious! | 镇长大发雷霆! |
[35:46] | I’ve lost count of the angry phone calls, emails, and people in the town, | 我数不清有多少愤怒的电话、邮件 以及愤怒的镇上居民 |
[35:50] | alumni and parents. | 校友和家长 |
[35:51] | They want answers and so do I. | 他们想要一个答案 我也是 |
[35:53] | I would lead the inquisition, | 我本想带头进行宗教审判 |
[35:55] | but I left my thumbscrews and rack at home. | 但我把夹指板和拉肢刑具都落家里了 |
[35:58] | Miss Addams… you’re already on thin ice. | 亚当斯小姐…你如今已是危在旦夕 |
[36:01] | Wafer-thin ice. | 如临深渊 |
[36:03] | I swear on my late scorpion’s soul, | 我以我已故蝎子的灵魂发誓 |
[36:06] | my hands are clean. | 不是我干的 |
[36:18] | I may not have hard evidence, but I see you. | 我也许没有确凿的证据 但我看穿你了 |
[36:21] | You’re a trouble magnet. | 你就是个麻烦制造者 |
[36:23] | If trouble means standing up to lies, | 如果麻烦意味着勇敢揭穿谎言 |
[36:25] | decades of discrimination, | 反对几十年的歧视 |
[36:27] | centuries of treating outcasts like second-class citizens or worse… | 反对几个世纪以来 将异类当二等公民 甚至更糟糕… |
[36:32] | -What are you talking about? -Jericho. | -你在说什么? -杰里科 |
[36:33] | Why does this town even have an Outreach Day? | 为什么镇子会有外联日? |
[36:36] | Don’t you know its real history with outcasts? | 难道你不知道这个镇 对待异类的真实历史吗? |
[36:38] | The actual story of Joseph Crackstone? | 约瑟夫克莱斯通的真实故事? |
[36:43] | I do. | 我知道 |
[36:44] | -To an extent. -Then why be complicit in its cover up? | -知道一些 -那为何跟他们同流合污 掩盖真相? |
[36:47] | Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it. | 忘记历史注定会重蹈覆辙 |
[36:52] | That’s where you and I differ. | 这就是你我的不同之处 |
[36:54] | Where you see doom, | 你看到毁灭 |
[36:56] | I see opportunity. | 我看到机会 |
[36:58] | Maybe this is a chance to rewrite the wrongs, | 也许这是一个改写错误的机会 |
[37:01] | to start a new chapter in the normie-outcast relations. | 是正常人与异类关系新的篇章 |
[37:04] | Nothing has changed since Crackstone. They still hate us. | 克莱斯通之后 一切如故 他们仍然憎恨我们 |
[37:08] | Only now they sugarcoat it with platitudes and smiles. | 只是现在会用陈词滥调和微笑粉饰 |
[37:12] | -If you’re unwilling to fight for truth– -You don’t think I want the truth? | -如果你不愿意为真相而战… -你以为我不想要真相? |
[37:16] | Of course I do. | 我当然想 |
[37:17] | But the world isn’t always black and white. | 但世界并不是非黑即白 |
[37:19] | There are shades of gray. | 总有灰色地带 |
[37:21] | Maybe for you. | 也许对你来说是这样 |
[37:23] | But it’s either they write our story or we do. | 但我们的故事 不是由他们写就是我们自己写 |
[37:25] | You can’t have it both ways. | 你不能两全其美 |
[37:29] | You’re exhausting. | 你真让人心累 |
[37:30] | I know. | 我知道 |
[37:37] | Goodnight, Miss Addams. | 晚安 亚当斯小姐 |
[37:43] | But you should know… | 但你要知道 |
[37:47] | I don’t tire easily. | 我不会轻易倦怠 |
[38:10] | Who the hell’s there? | 谁在那里? |
[38:32] | Too much? | 太夸张了? |
[38:35] | I feel like you just napalmed me, Enid. | 对我来说太鲜艳了 伊妮德 |
[38:37] | So glad I have my date with Ajax tonight. | 今晚要和阿贾克斯约会 我太高兴了 |
[38:40] | Get my mind off that trainwreck of an afternoon. | 可以让我不去想下午那场灾难 |
[38:42] | I literally think I have PTSD. I didn’t even get to do my dance routine. | 我真觉得自己有创伤后应激障碍了 我都没跳平时的舞步 |
[38:46] | What a tragedy. | 真是悲剧呢 |
[38:47] | What kind of twisted psycho would want to sabotage such a life-affirming event? | 什么样的变态神经病 会破坏如此重要的活动? |
[38:53] | You’re going to be late. | 你要迟到了 |
[38:57] | Wish me luck. | 祝我好运吧 |
[38:58] | If he breaks your heart, I’ll nail-gun his. | 如果他伤你的心 我就用钉枪打破他的心 |
[39:04] | I don’t believe in mandatory volunteer work, | 我不相信强制性的志愿者工作 |
[39:07] | sugar-coated history, or happy endings, | 巧加粉饰的历史 或者美好的结局 |
[39:11] | but most of all… I don’t believe in coincidences. | 但最重要的是…我不相信巧合 |
[39:46] | To paraphrase Agatha Christie, | 用阿加莎克里斯蒂的话说 |
[39:48] | one coincidence is just a coincidence, | 一个巧合只是巧合 |
[39:52] | two are a clue… | 两个巧合是线索 |
[39:54] | …and three are proof. | 三个巧合就是证据 |
[40:05] | No! | 不! |
[40:25] | Rowan’s drawing of me and Crackstone happens sometime in the future. | 罗文那幅我和克莱斯通的画 发生在未来 |
[40:30] | Goody Addams’ warnings about Crackstone were in the past. | 古迪亚当斯对于克莱斯通的警告 发生在过去 |
[40:36] | And the monster is here in the present. | 还有现在的怪物 |
[40:40] | Three coincidences that I know are connected. | 我知道这三个巧合是有关联的 |
[41:33] | That monster could be anyone. | 那个怪物可能是任何人 |
[41:43] | The sheriff thinks they only exist behind the walls of this school. | 警长认为怪物只在学校里面 |
[41:52] | The truth is, there are monsters everywhere. | 但其实怪物无处不在 |
[42:02] | And sometimes the monsters we least suspect are the most dangerous. | 有时候 我们最不怀疑的怪物 是最危险的 |
[42:12] | They don’t need teeth and claws to terrify. | 它们不用尖牙利齿恐吓 |
[42:16] | They hide in the shadows until no one is looking. | 只是躲在暗处 直到无人在意 |
[42:20] | And then they strike. | 然后突然袭击 |
[42:29] | But I’m looking now. | 但我在调查了 |
[42:32] | And I won’t stop until I find the truth. | 而且不找到真相誓不罢休 |